Speaker 1: Erica, you inspired me this holiday season.
Speaker 2: You inspire me, I inspire many.
Speaker 1: You inspire many, and honestly, you inspire me every day. You inspired me to live my life to the fullest every day.
Speaker 2: In a phrase that I have coined and absolutely made up on my own. Uh huh, Live Moss, Paul.
Speaker 1: That was an answer on my Crossford puzzle this morning on the New York Times Mini. So if anyone does in New York Times, Mini, you now to the exact day that we are recording this. Oh, Live Moss, I.
Speaker 2: Did that last night. You're right, that might be why that was in my head.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I had I had an eye doctor appointment this past week. It's been a long couple of months. Like, I want to book a massage. That would be really cool. But the only time I could book a massage it was basically butting right up against the eye doctor appointment. I could have been on time for the doctor appointment if everything went right, everything smooth, and you know, nothing ever goes right. So I was like, I'm booking this with like the full knowledge that I would be like five or ten minutes late. I was like, no, I can't do it because I'll be late for my eye doctor appointment. And then I thought of you, and I thought of you making fun of me, and I thought of you saying, bitch, be ten minutes late once on our episode, and I was like, bitch, I am going to be ten minutes late once because I recognize that like five or ten minutes late is not a big deal. And I did it.
Speaker 2: Yay. Did it ruin the massage for you? Though? I worry ruined the massage for you that you had to sit, that you were tense the whole time, going, oh my god, I'm gonna be five minutes late.
Speaker 1: The massage therapist was like, your calves were really tense, but I I it.
Speaker 2: Was kind of And you're like, do you mean taut.
Speaker 1: Taught, because I will be powerwalking the second you take your hands off me and I get dressed again. No, but it was a it was like a meditation thing. You know. In a meditation, they're like, when your thoughts go to something else, just let that go and return to the present time. Like that's what I was doing. Did that happen eighteen to twenty seven times? Yes, it absolutely did. In the forty five minutes I was page, but I kept letting it go, so you inSpot, thank you, thank you for that. Now, to be clear, I was exactly on time, which.
Speaker 2: Is five minutes late for you, which is in fact five minutes late.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 2: Hey, I'm Paul America.
Speaker 1: And this is that aged well.
Speaker 2: That today is pop culture today.
Speaker 1: And this is this is the this is the zombie week in between Christmas and New Year's Did.
Speaker 2: Were you visited by three ghosts last night? Because that was unsettling? Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't care for it, and frankly, I didn't feel like I deserved it. I did not feel like I deserved it.
Speaker 2: Same. I was like, you know, okay, yeah I did burn down that orphanage, but.
Speaker 1: But I atoned and I confessed in.
Speaker 2: My sense, the building was ugly.
Speaker 1: So I was inside it was a fire trap. All the orphans got out, so I actually saved them from potentially dying in an actual fire brought on by faulty wiring.
Speaker 2: Okay, I like, you made it better than mine. So I was just like, no, she's just she just hated that building and burned it.
Speaker 1: What is this?
Speaker 2: Nor who cares?
Speaker 1: Erica? We have we have two tasks today, Okay, we have our annual task of reading our international reviews, our international five star iTunes reviews. And then we watched a film, a very recent film. Actually, we watched Sennor Hot Frosty, which is what it's called in Mexico. On Mexican Netflix, it's Senor Hot Frosty.
Speaker 2: It's called Senor Hot Frostia. No.
Speaker 1: I just made that.
Speaker 2: It should be call Frosty.
Speaker 1: Maybe Frosty Caliente.
Speaker 2: I actually have no idea. I'm now googling it. Hot Frosty's name in Mexico Caliente.
Speaker 1: That's hot snow right, remember hot Hail from Flash Gordon. Oh?
Speaker 2: Yes, huh. Apparently they're just calling it hot Frosty. They're not changing it.
Speaker 1: Some things in this world are so perfect, they are iconic in every language.
Speaker 2: I just want to I just want to say that. There. As I'm scrolling through like hot Frosty stuff on, there's a British GQ article just titled I cried during Hot Frosty. I will not be reading that article because the headline is perfect and I don't want to ruin it.
Speaker 1: I don't exactly we couldn't possibly all right, Erica. Before we get to hot Frosty, we do have some international reviews to read? Shall I read the first one?
Speaker 2: What do you think this podcast is called in other countries? If we ever make it big, like a conglomerate vises up and is like listen, it can't be that. Yeah, yeah, in Mexico, it's going to have to be something else.
Speaker 1: American pricks, Americans.
Speaker 2: Bloviating Americans, abloviating American pricks discuss movies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the homo in the Hag, the homo in the Hag talk about movies and they're both shrill.
Speaker 2: That's the French title.
Speaker 1: Bring Back the Guillotine. The I went.
Speaker 2: With Homo and Hag because of the alliteration, but honestly the correct title is the Homo and the Spinster. Yeah, and they're both shru There must.
Speaker 1: Be an S word for for homo cissy, the cissy and the spinster there and the.
Speaker 2: Spinster's that's our title in.
Speaker 1: Germany, Cissy spinster. All right, Shall I read the first Shall I read the first review?
Speaker 2: Sure? Thank you?
Speaker 1: So this is from Switzerland. I believe our first review from Switzerland, and I'm not neutral about it. Hey, very pro h This is from mc a v L. And they write top tier quality podcast I would attempt a Swiss accent, except I genuinely don't know where to begin.
Speaker 2: I feel like it's a combination German French and it's not going to go well. Yeah, that's not going to go well for either.
Speaker 1: That's exactly where I what I came up with, and I have no idea.
Speaker 2: I like, how does Roger Federer speak? But he's so American.
Speaker 1: Now all I could think of is randomly peppering in words kind of in German and or French that I kind of know, like starting off by reading we you know, top tier quality podcast. Okay, so mcavl writes, this review is long overdue because I've been listening to and cracking up, sometimes maniacally laughing in the streets over Erica and Paul's hilarious and smart review recap Banter for a while now. All right, thanks to them, my friends and I discovered the pure joy of Mommy Dearest the other night.
Speaker 2: Oh thank god, we're educating, we are spreading the gospel. I always wanted this show to be educational, and honestly, if we could just get like ten people under the age of thirty to watch Mommy Dearest. Yeah, and Sunset Boulevard. Then I will have done my duty on Earth. I'm ready to shuffle off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they finish. In fact, I have to start watching certain movies just to listen to their episodes. Delightful, Thank you so much, MC. This goes for everybody. If you have an America and cousin that you would like me to send your top bag to, I will send it to them and they can they can shuffle it to you. Off in Switzerland in Frankfurt, frank No, Frankfurt, in Germany, Switzerland, Zurich, Zurich.
Speaker 2: There you go, little known fact Paul in Switzerland. The translation of that aged well. Our podcast title is roughly friends of Dorothy just won't shut the fuck up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the shrieking friends of Dorothy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, shrieking friends of.
Speaker 1: And honestly it's more accurate than the English title. It really cuts to the chase.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what they named it Aroundlake Lucerne. Right, that's in Switzerland, isn't it. I feel like that's the answer in a lot of Jeopardy questions. Maybe I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: Our next review comes from our neighbors up North, Canada, Canada, Canada.
Speaker 1: What's it all about? I think I made that exact same joke last Christmas. So the Canadian reviews that.
Speaker 2: Like our three Canadian fans, are like, fuck off.
Speaker 1: Fuck off, get new material.
Speaker 2: We have more things about us. Make a maple syrup joke poutine for Christ's sake.
Speaker 1: I have full nudity in male strip clubs up here and you never talk about it.
Speaker 2: That's true. Way to go Canada. This review comes from this will take a while. I love that. I don't think that was for written for this review. It was written for something else, and I now want to know the backstory if I'm being honest, So this will take a while, right, like family, love Erica and Paul. Just like family, they make me laugh, roll my eyes, want to scream what is wrong with them at times? But in the end I will stick with them for all.
Speaker 1: Times, stick with them like maple syrup sticks to a pancake. There you go.
Speaker 2: That really is truly the familial experience of yes, no, shut up.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Okay, stop it with the Johnny Paradise puns. Enough.
Speaker 2: I do love you in the end, So since we are family, Canada, I may need to stay with you a few times over the next few years.
Speaker 1: Do you have a spare room?
Speaker 2: Do you have a spare room? Family in Canada? No reason? Yeah, then whatsoever?
Speaker 1: Little known fact this podcast in Canada is known as see not all of our neighbors suck. All of our downstairs neighbors are terrible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sometimes sometimes you have nice people living in the basement.
Speaker 1: Exactly exactly the rest of the riff rash. All right, Erica, We're headed across the pond to the UKAI.
Speaker 2: Oh lordigordy, you know what that was so perfect? I thought, it's like, is the queen here? Yes, she's still alive, Camilla.
Speaker 1: Camilla is the queen.
Speaker 2: You know, it's been years already, and like I still have not adjusted to the idea that they have new royalty or because she will.
Speaker 1: Always be the tramp. That's nice, to be honest, she.
Speaker 2: Will always be the side piece. But God bless her.
Speaker 1: A side piece who made it good? You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Into that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I really am all right.
Speaker 1: So this is from Sammy p. Seventy nine and they write crying tears down my legs.
Speaker 2: Oh that's called peeing. Well, I'm sorry to tell you.
Speaker 1: Thet I discovered both hosts whilst binging another podcast that they were guests on Down by the Creek. Oh, I remember Down by the Creek and I loved their sense of humor. I like the sound of the podcast and being an older gen X or as I prefer xennial as it makes me sound younger.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, yeah that's us. We're cuspy too.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I just prefer millennial and you just prefer gen X. But really we're xennials.
Speaker 2: I identify as gen X.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Sammy p goes on. I was overjoyed to find a podcast that covers all the shows and films I watched when I was younger. I have watched so many again as an adult and had the same observation, so I was happy to find this show. Paul and Erica are delightful. They're humor and banter or as we call it in the UK, the bands. That's cute, it's hilarious. I often listen when walking my dog, and passers by must think I'm insane as I'm constantly white, being tears from my eyes and laughing out loud. Sorry, Erica's point now proven also dude to childbirth. My pelvic floor is not what it seems, so I'm constantly having to cross my legs to avoid leg tears.
Speaker 2: Love this, Oh girl.
Speaker 1: All worth it for such a funny and charming podcast. Now little known fact this podcast. This podcast in the UK around Sammy Peas area of the UK, I'm not maybe Manchester. Perhaps she's a man Union is known as adult diapers not included but recommended.
Speaker 2: In Scotland, we're just known as a head butt. You just head butt someone. That's what I'm listening to. How about you. The next review from the UK comes from ex Patty Cake Nothing but Joy come for the witchy Banta and hilarious movie critique. It's stay for Miss Piggy. No notes, no notes, indeed, I love that Paul's giving me the short ones.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: He made it so. He made it so that we were like, He's like just cat really like we're just gonna go and like split these up even you know, I'll do what all of mine are one sentence long. God damn it, Paul. I love you, I love you, I love you.
Speaker 1: Look, it's it's Christmas. As we're going to discover in the movie we discussed later. Literally anything can be solved by the sentence It's Christmas.
Speaker 2: It's Christmas. It's just It's Christmas.
Speaker 1: What a secret weapon those writers have. Anything could happen.
Speaker 2: I'm going to push a nun into the river later today and then just be like, it's Christmas.
Speaker 1: Christmas. She's fine, It's Christmas. The final review from the UK comes from animated Cooper. Now whenever I hear Cooper, I hear it in the voice of the hot British guy from Emily in Paris, whose name I could not possibly tell you. Oh you know why?
Speaker 2: His is the one name I do remembers. What's it all about? Alfie? He says, they have a British character and they're like, we need to give it the most British name ever, Elfie.
Speaker 1: Animated cupa like the strong liquid um hm, and they write, I love this podcast. Paul and Erica are hilarious. I stuck around after searching for podcasts talking about She Devil. There weren't many available. And you know what this does prove. This does prove because you know, lots of times we try to do popular movies, they tend to get more downloads, but it's good to do the lesser known movies. Sometimes they'll cult classics.
Speaker 2: Well, because that movie is genius and genius we.
Speaker 1: Discussed, yes, and it reaches out. It reaches out over the airwaves and finds people who also already know it's genius right animated. Cupa goes on to say, it doesn't matter if I've not seen the film they're talking about, because they do a great recap. They are queer friendly, and the references to musical theater are delightful. Being gen Z who We've got a young that's it, we got a young on the hook here, being gen Z from the UK. I don't get a lot of their references, but that doesn't matter because the discussions are great. Hannah fantastic. She's like say, I don't understand your old person talk, but they're really really into Fraser and I guess maybe I'll watch it someday, but you know, it'll come around the culture again.
Speaker 2: Our next reviews all come from the lambdown Under, Australia.
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 2: In Australia, our podcast is actually called that Age well Erica.
Speaker 1: It's pronounced the aged Whale.
Speaker 2: It's pronounced ner nor.
Speaker 1: What was the name from Muriel's wedding.
Speaker 2: Chuck Chuck. Our first Australian review comes from Tea and Biscuits and Kitty Cats, This is delightful. Yeah, and the title is absolutely delightful. Paul and Erica continue to knock it out of the park week after week. Who knew what fun it could be to have your favorite films picked apart. Keep up the good work. Thank you for the joy you bring to my weekly listening.
Speaker 1: Ah well, thank you. And I do love hearing that people who love the films that we do tend to pick up art with love can still enjoy it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. You know what I'm going to say to you, Team Biscuits and Kitty Cats. You're terrible, Muriel, You're terrible.
Speaker 1: We did have a bunch of people because we just released the Family Stone in our timeline that is the active episode right now, and many people saying, I still love this movie, but I no lies detected on the podcast, which is fair.
Speaker 2: Understood, understood, We've all been there.
Speaker 1: Absolutely okay. Our next review from Australia comes from Hikaru East Sure something like that. They write, absolutely hilarious. Prepare to have your nostalgia bias hilariously brought into the present. I am making my way through the back catalog and enjoying every second of it. The just released episode of the Warriors is a scream and I hope to see the West Village Willies take on the Elaine stretches.
Speaker 2: Its battle for the ages.
Speaker 1: A bloodbath.
Speaker 2: A bloodbath on the streets of Manhattan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, not since the actual seventies has something this violent happened.
Speaker 2: My final review comes from Nick from Dawn Unda. This is actually Nicole Kidman.
Speaker 1: And now Eric, I think you're wrong. It's Nicole Kidman's account, but Naomi Watts wrote it.
Speaker 2: Naomi Watts wrote it right, okay, right, and Russell Crowe edited it yea.
Speaker 1: And Hugh Jackman is dating Sutton Foster. That's not related. It's just an Australian fact.
Speaker 2: Title of review doing me out of business? Paul and Erica, I am a therapist who has suggested your podcast to a number of clients. Oh, I don't know about that.
Speaker 1: I do you know all the lessons we give for free on this podcast for free?
Speaker 2: I guess now I have to think about the things I say before I say them. And they have replaced.
Speaker 1: Me with you. Oh we're bringing joy?
Speaker 2: Should I be charging my therapist? Is that what's happening here? Thank you for the joyous laughter you provide. On that weekly skipped down memory lane. I adore the chemistry you two have and wish I could come to New York City for an impromptu CAUs with you too. Oh sadly I am in Australia. Don't be sad about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not great here right now.
Speaker 2: Don't be sad about it, Nick, Which not only rules me out of randomly running into either of you for a spontaneous, in real life laugh, it also rules me out of a tote bag, which would make me the envy of all of my friends for this Shoden Freud thrill. I'd be willing to pay the international postage just saying Paul Nick is putting their their money where their.
Speaker 1: Mouth is not a problem. Let me know, Nick, I will, I will do what needs to happen.
Speaker 2: Nick is putting down whatever Australians use for money where their mouth is.
Speaker 1: I think it's kangaroo hide, right, I.
Speaker 2: Believe it's kangaroo hide and troops on the barbie, Yeah that's right. Yeah, and Foster's and Fosters that's Australian.
Speaker 1: And for bea and a bloomin onion, A bloomin onion that's like a gold coin.
Speaker 2: Right, honestly, Like, that's so American, Like I refuse to give that up to another culture, because we have perfected the bloomin onion. That's ours. You can't take it away. Nick goes on, Keep up the great work. The joy you so generously spread reaches us even in places down under. Winky as a.
Speaker 1: Joy in places down under A title of my sex tape.
Speaker 2: Title, that's actually what this podcast should be called in Australia. As a theater creator slash performer as well, I was wanting to suggest the theme of movies adapted from plays Dangerous Liaisons, I'm Adais, come Back to the five and dime, Jimmy Dean Girl, Nick Girl Boy. However, whatever however you identify, you've just named two of my three all time favorite movies. They haven't seen come Back to the five and dime in a long long time, so I can't really remember it. There is in it, so I'm sure it's great. But I fucking love Dangerous Liaisons and Amadeis. I mean I have both films memorized. Yeah, we have to do those movies at some point.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm down, I'm down. We could also do one of those nutbag Tennessee. William Ones like the.
Speaker 2: Last Summer, Last Summer, the one Italy that gets real fucking dork. Yeah, I'll do that, all right, I have to finish this review. Nick from down Under continues, anyway, love your work. Thank you sincerely, Nick from down Under.
Speaker 1: Well, you're welcome.
Speaker 2: Naomi Watts, you're welcome, Tony Collette.
Speaker 1: You're welcome. Hugo Weaving, you're welcome.
Speaker 2: Crocodile Dundee, you're welcome.
Speaker 1: The ghost of Steve the Crocodile Hunter. What was his name? Steve?
Speaker 2: Oh? When thereat the Great sever Win.
Speaker 1: All of these reviews were so lovely. Thank you all for writing them. We love reading them. If there's any way for us to get your tote bag, like, please contact us. I will happily try to arrange that for you if you want one. Some people may not even want one. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Why, may think, She said to Nick.
Speaker 1: Look, if they're going to pay international postage, I'll send like four and they can dole them out to their friends as like party favors or something.
Speaker 2: If we'll figure it out, give them to their favorite therapy clients.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, all right, So Erica, we are going to cut to commercial here unless you're a Patreon member. And hey, if you are someone who's like maybe a little late on Christmas presence, and one of your friends or your loved ones loves this podcast, you can buy then a year subscription to this podcast. They'll get add free episodes and more. They could get a vote, they could get they could get a special on air thank you. They can give bonus episodes for your yearly subscription, and you you know what, you can buy them that every year if they like it. It's the gift that you don't have to think about ever again. Just auto renew done. There you go. You can send a card every year to let them know yep, you're still on that, You're still on that Patreon you know.
Speaker 2: Honestly, For like Father's Day a few years ago, I bought my dad like an MLS like package on Apple TV so that he could watch soccer games. And I really thought it was just gonna be a one year gift, and then I got to the awkward moment where I was like, I can't tell him I'm cutting him off from now. I'm just paying for that man's soccer subscription for the rest of his life.
Speaker 1: Well, you do is need to take his credit card and to switch the credit card on the account.
Speaker 2: I was like, damn it, that was a gift I gave him two years ago, and I'm still paying for soccer. It's not cheap.
Speaker 1: But if you are not on the Patreon, that's okay. We still love you. Uh, stick around after these commercials, will be right back. We're going to take you through Hot Frosty.
Speaker 2: Little known fact, Paul Oh. This podcast in Brazil is titled, Uh, they don't care for us in Brazil.
Speaker 1: We're not.
Speaker 2: We're not.
Speaker 1: We're a bit much.
Speaker 2: We're a bit much for them. They're there, they have they have natural sun, sunlight out there. They don't they don't need this.
Speaker 1: A people who are really known for being subtle in my in my admittedly only like surface knowledge knowledge.
Speaker 2: I've been to Brazil. They're the best looking people on earth. They don't have time to listen to us trolls.
Speaker 1: And we're back all right, Erica. Now we're not gonna do like the full colonoscopy of Hot Frosty. We didn't do a breakdown this one. We're just gonna talk about it. We're gonna have some fun with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is a Shaggy and Loose episode, Yeah.
Speaker 1: We don't. We don't think anyone's gonna miss a plot point in Hot Frosty.
Speaker 2: Much like our pubic hair shaggy and loose, just unkempt.
Speaker 1: Like I like a light curl.
Speaker 2: I like I like a natural curl.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying? Just a wave, you know? Or Erica? So overview, overview, what did you think of Hot Frosty?
Speaker 2: Do you know what's funny? Is I kind of I'm the one who like said we should watch a terrible Christmas movie, yeah, and make fun of it and rip into it and it'll be fun and blah blah blah. And I, boy, have I been shown my come up in Paul because I actually really enjoyed this.
Speaker 1: Well, it's funny because for fun because we were we were we were caught between this and and uh the Merry Gentleman the Male Stripper of Christmas with Chad Michael Murray. Uh, And I was like, why don't we We'll pull it on Instagram. So if you've voted on Instagram and you're not a patron, you know that that's what we're doing every month over there. You get to vote on movies you get to discuss. But this movie one handily over Marry Gentleman because the overall feeling from the comments was this movie is actually like has something to recommend it, and the Merry Gentleman is actually just bad.
Speaker 2: I like, thank you to our listeners for caring about us enough to be like, hey, guys, you deserve to watch something you'll actually enjoy and not just like rip into the next day. So I do appreciate that. I was shocked at how much I enjoyed watching this. It's not good per se, It's not, but I think that's the point of this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is.
Speaker 2: It is a satire of Christmas movies. It's not actually a Christmas movie.
Speaker 1: Yes, I agree. It's very self aware of what it is.
Speaker 2: I think casting Lacy Shabert is a genius because for like a genius move. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the Hallmark Industrial Complex, Sebert runs that joint like the fucking Godfather. No one gets anything done without Shabert's knowing about it, or say so.
Speaker 1: It's funny because when you first brought this up, obviously I'd heard of both of these movies because they were obviously at a big moment in the zeitgeist, right, I just assumed it was a Hallmark movie, and I was like, I don't know if I have anyone to watch that, like, can I stream it anywhere? And then I don't know if I looked up or you told me, but I was like, oh, it's on Netflix. I just because I saw Lacy Shabert and I was like, well, that's on Hallmark. And honestly, good for her. What a what an absolute brilliant move as an actor, like a profession that, even when you're very successful, is like a constant hustle and a constant like trying to get the next job to just be like, no, I was in Mean Girls, I am an icon, and now I want to have a fucking normal, goddamn schedule. So I will do seven Christmas movies for Hallmark every goddamn year for the rest of my life.
Speaker 2: Fantastic in all of them. I haven't seen all of them, and I've only but I'm not kidding, Paul. I've seen at least three Christmas movies, Lazy Shabar in then Utiful.
Speaker 1: Yeah. All right, so we've already talked about Lacy shaber Hot Frosty himself dust Dustin Milligan hot Hot Vet from Shit's Creek ted ted right because creak. I will freely admit that upon seeing this poster, I was like, it's more like tepid frosty, Like I know what that actor looks like, and he's better looking than that picture.
Speaker 2: Here's what happened. He knew he had to get super cut for this movie, right, because there's a lot of like jokes about his abs and his like, yeah, you see him a penis, Yeah, but we don't see that. But we see him naked from the waist up quite a few times in the film, and I think he does not have the face for someone who with with like who has to like the amount of like carbs you have to cut out and the amount of like things you have to do to your body to get from the neck down. When he achieved which well.
Speaker 1: Done, sir, which I mean nothing, nothing but honor.
Speaker 2: Makes it makes his face kind of sinewy. He had some meat on his bones before he was He was still like a super hot, super fit guy, just not like this level. And like it kind of hate to say this, but it kind of makes his face look gooney.
Speaker 1: They should have absolutely let him have a beard, because the beard is the other thing that can do that, because, like you've said this before, he has too many features.
Speaker 2: He's too many features. He's cheek, bones and the jaw lines, huge eyes.
Speaker 1: Strong nose, none of which are unattractive. It's just like it's just too much coming at you. And then his hair is in this unfortunate like he's a groat. He's growing it out, but it's not like it's not he can't just brush it back and tuck it behind his ears yet, so they have to keep gelling it back, and it's it's just not a good look.
Speaker 2: If you look at him now at POSTCT, Frosty he no longer has to look like this, and he looks like he's back to his normal like what he normally looks like.
Speaker 1: So hot, it's so hot.
Speaker 2: So hot. It's it's just unfortunate that, like, to accomplish what they needed to accomplish for this movie, they had to like kind of alter his face a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah that aside looks aside hotness of Frosty aside. I just have to say, honestly, what a fucking great job he does in this movie. He has to play the innocent like look, the rules make no sense. Hot Frosty does know what a credit card is, but he doesn't understand the s to pay for things like how what? What are we?
Speaker 2: I have the same thought. At one moment he says like, I'm gonna just sit here and commiserate with you, and I'm like, how do you know that word?
Speaker 1: Do you have the brain of a child or do you don't? Is this a splash situation or is it not a splasht Okay, My.
Speaker 2: Actual synopsis for Hot Frosty is it splash meets Elf with a little dash of sex appeal in it, like it is Elf. It is exactly the fucking movie Elf, but also a little bit splash. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he is so good in it. He sells everything. He's never annoying. The role should be annoying for an adult to watch, and it's not, And honestly props to him for that. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The one thing I almost wish this movie had done is like like I almost wish Will Ferrell had produced it and that it gotten a little bit like quirky Ear with the humor, Like I want is Parnell in this, I want I want Tim Meadows in this. I want Tina Fey and Amy Poehler in this like, Yeah, I kind of wanted it to be like a little funnier.
Speaker 1: Because it is funny. They have Joe Latrulia and Craig Robinson.
Speaker 2: Craig Robinson doing the lord's work in this movie, like truly the most unlikable character ever written for a rom com and he's like, I'm gonna make this ship where I'm gonna make you love me, and god damn it, Craig Robinson.
Speaker 1: So quick. Plot synopsis of Hot Frosty, not that anyone needs it. Sad Kathy played by played by Lacy Shabe Lacy Shabert Hallmark Queen Lacy Shabert. Her husband has died and she runs a diner in this small town. Hot Frosty is a sculpture in the Snow Sculpture Contest. He comes to life when a magical scarf is put around him and they fall in love. That's that's Hot Frosty in a nutshell. Yeah, I have so many questions. Who sculpted Hot Frosty.
Speaker 2: They never talk about it. They never talk about the horny team girl who sculpted Hot Frosty and got the nipples right like accuracy.
Speaker 1: Nipples, those little eraser tips surrounded by a little perfect the perfect.
Speaker 2: The cume, gutter accuracy. Who sculpted him? Also, at the end of the movie, who the fuck won the snowman contest?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: They never actually tell us who wins the snowman contest.
Speaker 1: I would presume it's whoever sculpted him, because Hey, mine came to like, can you imagine the terror that would have What if she had put the scarf on a different snowman?
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Like the beginning of the movie, there's like a mother and daughter doing like a gremlin. Yeah, like truly, what if she'd been like, oh, this little gremlin could use a scarf, And then like this like thing woke up and it's.
Speaker 1: Like, that's actually a great parody of this. So he has this magical scarf. He has to have the scarf on the whole time. I guess they decided an old silk hat was was gonna be too stupid for him to us a million to try to be hot through has a scarf on. And there's this moment in the very beginning where he comes to life and he is naked. I appreciated the veracity of that moment They're like, no, he would be naked in this moment. So he just has a scarf on. It's covering the.
Speaker 2: Bits the work that scarf is doing. There was a wardrobe person who had to like tape that scarf to his like modesty pouch and like pin it to the modesty pouch they put on him for it for the movie. And I'm like, that is that person's favorite day of work that they've ever had to do.
Speaker 1: And he like bends over but it's like, yeah, you're right. The scarf is like spirit gummed to like in between his genitals and his belly biden so to keep everything covered up. Excellent work, excellent truly.
Speaker 2: I also want to talk real quick about all the mean girl references. Oh yeah, film, there's a few throughout the film. It opens to Jingle Bell Rock. She wakes up. She's like in her freezing cold house because after her husband died, she'd started to live in a depression house where ward nothing works and she just was too depressed to fix anything. There's a note on the serviocet that just says call repair man, and she's literally freezing, like it is ten degrees out and her house is eight degrees, and I'm like, you needed a note to remind how depressed are you?
Speaker 1: And also how long has it been since her husband sadly named Paul passed away? Because it's either three months or three years. Like, it's not like it has to be years. It has has to be years because the house has degraded to a point of concern, to a point where her friends really should be stepping in and being like girl, girl.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I thought the same thing. I was like, why don't they just call a repair man for her and send the repair man in her house and be like, hey, I'm gonna fix your roof today, and I'm gonna make sure you have heat, like I'm gonna make sure you have the basics you need to survive.
Speaker 1: I know, I have a proposition for you. Do we think that the friends.
Speaker 2: Don't know that she's living in Squalor.
Speaker 1: Because here's here's my theory, because she's she runs the diner. She owns a diner, and she runs it in this town, which is we have to talk about the actual eyes of this town. In a minute, I'm gonna put a pin in that sentence in that and that's hilarious. But but the She runs the standard and she runs it very well, like every everything seems to be going well. At the diner, she she greets people, she seems normal. So I have a theory that this is actually like like it's a hoarder who like goes to work and then doesn't doesn't let anyone come into their house, and they and their friends don't know. It's the only thing that makes sense.
Speaker 2: Oh for sure, No, that does make total sense. But except like the cook at the diner, I believe is the one who was like, haven't you called the repair man yet? And she's like, I'll do it today, Tom.
Speaker 1: She's warming her hands on the flame of the of the oven.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she took his bacon off the stove so she could warm her hands. And he's like, bitch, I have a job to do. Put that bacon back on the stove.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Okay. The size of the town Hope Springs, which could could not be a more perfect name. Clearly it's a small town. These all take place in a small town, right.
Speaker 2: I have a question for you, Paul, since you grew up in a small town, did did this seem like a bustling metropolis to you? It's several dozen people living there.
Speaker 1: It's several dozen people, right, And it has this enormous diner that is always full. Yeah, it has a vintage shop that is the size of like a grand linens and things or something like. It's an enormous vintage shop. But then it also has the client tele for a custom men's boutique that can be called upon at a moment's notice to dress Hot Frosty.
Speaker 2: Oh, I didn't think about that. Maybe they drove to the big city. It's a big city that has five hundred people in it, right for custom men's boutique. You're absolutely right.
Speaker 1: There's one point at the end where she's like, it's the whole town. It's not more than thirty six people.
Speaker 2: Like, it's literally thirty six people.
Speaker 1: Did you notice we So we find out basically that her husband passed. In the beginning of the movie, we're like, did her husband leave her? Is she divorced? It's you know, he passed away. Becau's a hallmark movie. They don't want it. They just want like tragedy, not like just like real world sadness. It's just tragedy. But Hot Frosty is in the house alone because she's like Okay, you have to stay in the house because people don't know who you are. You're a stranger and the cops are looking for you. Whatever, it doesn't matter. Hot Frosty goes exploring. He finds like this folder where she apparently keeps her husband's like cancer diagnoses in and it's in like comic sans font. Do you see that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well you know what the hospital is like. If we're gonna give you bad news, you're gonna do it in a chaunty way. We're gonna be like, hey, girl, guess what you got cancer? I did not notice. You're absolutely right. She keeps like a box of like their wedding photos and his cancer diagnoses and death sert to forget all in the same box. I'm like, Jesus, you can spread these things out around the house a little bit. Girl. So she goes to the local vintage store, which is owned by a couple named Mel and Theo. THEO is gay, right, THEO is absolutely a gay man.
Speaker 1: Now see, I thought Theo was a hot Frosty once.
Speaker 2: Who like, oh because of the scarf.
Speaker 1: Because of the scarf that I was waiting for Mel to be a witch.
Speaker 2: Oh honestly, that would have made sense, except theo doesn't quite fit the hot Frosty.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, hot frosties can also let themselves go a little bit like what once he can eat whatever he wants and doesn't have to worry about melting from the inside. If he has a cup of hot cocoa. He gets that shit hard.
Speaker 2: Ah. It was so funny because like genuinely, she walks in, she says hi to both of them. She hands them both sandwiches, and the guy I was like, oh, look, this movie has a gay.
Speaker 1: Person in it.
Speaker 2: He's like, thanks for the turkey sandwich, girl. And then he goes to like decorate a mannequin and I'm like, oh, okay, that's sweet. And then we find out that this is a married couple and a woman looks over at him and he's like, I have the man of my dreams, and I'm like, girl, you need to reevaluate your dreams because that is a hoca sexual.
Speaker 1: I did not notice that, but I was really caught up in my own storytelling of like, is he a past hot frosty? Is this? Does this happen in the town like every twenty five years or something like it? It's a brig of Dune, but god Dune situation.
Speaker 2: It's also like, did you notice she handed them our two lunch orders? Yours is the turkey sandwich with no mao and mine is the turkey sandwich with a disgusting amount of mayo.
Speaker 1: That's true. I didn't think of that.
Speaker 2: This movie really was made for us.
Speaker 1: We would be excellent, like vintage clothing store boutique owners in like a star's hollow.
Speaker 2: Honestly, we should move to a small town in Vermont, open a clothing store, pretend we're a married couple, and just have everyone talk about us and like like just be like that's my man. I love my man.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, yeah, girl.
Speaker 2: You just walk around with like an ascot and like funglasses.
Speaker 1: Fun, I have to grow one of those pencil mustaches.
Speaker 2: YEA dressed like John Waters.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna say, be a full John Waters and.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna be like, you would not believe the sex we have And they're all like, no, we wouldn't, we really would. We actually don't believe you to describe it to us, because we want to make sure you know what sex is.
Speaker 1: You're like, well, every night we watch Gilmore girls together. That's it, right?
Speaker 2: Can I tell you my husband Paul has never once looked at another woman, not once. He does love a Sandra Bullock movie. But you know what everyone's you know what I'm.
Speaker 1: Saying, girl, You know what I'm saying, girls the right ladies. That's actually like a like an alternative comedy starring the two of us. But also it could be like like Rachel Sennet and like and Matt Rogers, Jean Early, Yeah, John and Cape Berland Talla Scola.
Speaker 2: So she gets so okay, So the lady and her gay husband, her tragically gay husband living a lie in this tip small town, give her a scarf. It is the weirdest gift, Paul. She comes in and she brings them lunch. They're like, hey, are you still freezing cold? And you're freezing cold? And she's like yeah, so what, no big deal. I'm depressed. And she's like, I have just the thing for you. She goes into the back and she brings out this like lovely red scarf. But I mean it's just a red scarf. There's nothing's fancy or special about it. And she's like, this was given to me by my true love over there, and the true love is like, girl, I knitted it too, bitch.
Speaker 1: Don't forget.
Speaker 2: I found it on Fire Island. Can you believe that.
Speaker 1: It was just in the pines? I said, girl, you don't belong in the bramble. You belong around my neck.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I really want to do this as like an experiment. I want to move a small town of her mom freaks them all out.
Speaker 1: See what we can get done.
Speaker 2: And so she gives you the scarf and she's like, once upon a time, my man gave me this, and I found the love of my life. And she points to the gay man behind the counter and she's like, and maybe one day you will find another love of your life. I don't actually remember the scene because I was so busy fixated on the what this marriage is between these two people. But like that scarf apparently is magic. Does that woman know that scarf is magic? When she hands it to Lacy Shabert, I asked this of you, Paul.
Speaker 1: I feel like this actress is I don't know her name. I apologize, but she because she's not Sharon Lawrence, and I kept thinking she was Sharon Lawrence, which is not Sharon Lawrence.
Speaker 2: Lawrence you're right.
Speaker 1: I feel like she is intentionally playing the mystery. You know, as an actor, you're supposed to have your character supposed to have a secret. Yes, that's that's that character's secret, whether or not she knew it was magic when she gave it to her.
Speaker 2: Oh, because she does give off witchie vibes.
Speaker 1: She does. I bet a lot of characters, like side characters in these movies do actually.
Speaker 2: No the Hallmark ones. They can't give off witchie vibes. That's a pretty Christian channel.
Speaker 1: Okay, gotcha, gotcha? Well then I'm glad Netflix is getting it on the fun I'm gonna jump ahead for a second, right to the very end. We cannot express to the listeners who have not seen this movie how fast this town accepts the fact that he is a snow sculpture come to life.
Speaker 2: It's so funny it is.
Speaker 1: It's Katie Mixon, who people would know from like Eastbound and Down or American Housewife Like. She plays like kind of Kathy's best friend. She's also the doctor. At one point, one of the cops is like, what's going on with him? And she's like, he's made of snow? Like wait, what?
Speaker 2: What? That will it's a joke in the movie, like she tells the whole town. Lacy Shabt is like, guys, I have something crazy to tell you. He's a snowman come to life. I'll just go okay, okay, You're like, wait what that's it? That's all you needed? And like and Laura Holly's like, yeah, we're good. But that that's why with us.
Speaker 1: By the way, Lauren Holly's Lauren Holly actually sculpted him, now that I think about it.
Speaker 2: Dred percent one of those cougars, one of those horny ass cougars.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Is this a Golden Girls situation where like seven like women of a certain age move to this town together to buy like cheap property and make it fabulous. And that's that's where that like little girl group comes from.
Speaker 1: Netflix executives, if you are, if you are listening, green light that for next Christmas immediately.
Speaker 2: Immediately, Like I need to know the story of Lauren Holly and the Cougar Crew. Yeah, Hey, she's gorgeous. B she's fabulously wealthy, Like she lives like mcmanson in this town and I'm like, am I crazy? Or was her style pretty amazing? The interior decor of that house was actually amazed, Like, go back and watch and look at those paintings in that woman's house or the artwork. It is so good.
Speaker 1: I had a brief moment when she came on screen of thinking she was Christina Hendrix for just this like a split second, and I was like, we cannot be casting Christina Hendrix as a cougar. The woman is is she? I don't think she's fifty, Like, we cannot. And then I was like, oh wait, it's Lauren Holly. That's okay.
Speaker 2: Also, we desperately now need a movie where Lauren Holly plays Christina Hendrix's mother. Yeah, make it happen, Make it happen.
Speaker 1: We are just giving ideas for free.
Speaker 2: Here. Let's them both on the Gilded Age as like an older mother daughter duo who are both widow and fabulously wealthy. I need I need this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay. So she gets the scarf, she goes, she puts it on hot frosty. He comes to life, and he accidentally like streaks through the town because he doesn't have any clothes on, right, and there is a great runner because he's seen by this elderly couple and just the amount of jokes they get out of the fact that this elderly woman saw hot Frosty's dick and enjoyed what she saw is excellent.
Speaker 2: Everything about those two actors is excellent. They're like a little comedy duo. So he faints away, He's like, oh, naked man in the town square. Oh. And he faints away, and she's like, don't worry, I'll chase him down. She just chases him down.
Speaker 1: Later, the cops are looking for an eyewitness and one of them is like, ethel and the other one goes she wouldn't say, just kept insisting he was doing a public service.
Speaker 2: Well, and then later another the cop again goes up to Lacey. Shavert shows her like a police sketch drawing, and the man of the couple gave us this description, and she's like, what did the woman give you? She's like, we needed a description of his face. Get it from her to get it for her.
Speaker 1: The movie is funny. It's genuinely funny.
Speaker 2: One hundred.
Speaker 1: They also have this about the streaking. They had this great line because they're trying to figure out who it could be, and one of them is like, I don't think the mayor went streaking. He's got a bad hip. And I have to say, you don't think about the physical requirements of streaking. You don't think about that fact. You have to be spry. You can't just be naked.
Speaker 2: It's also like ten degrees out the amount his penis has to be amazing for it to like still look good in ten degree would although I guess in Frosty parlance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in hot Frosty parlance, that's that's his natural temperature, that's.
Speaker 2: Actually gonna be that's actually gonna be in his favor. So good for them, Good for them. So okay, So the next morning, Hot Frosty, it's it is the movie off. Hot Frosty like accidentally breaks into the vintage store, Like he falls through the window and breaks the window and lands in the store and steals like a pair of overalls that have the name Jack on them and some boots. Now he's dressed. He's wandering through town. He finds Lacey Shebert and you go, it's you And she's like, it's me, who the fuck are you? And she's like we met last night. I'm the snowman. And she's like okay, nice boy, and she's like takes pity on him, and she's like, are you hungry? I own the diner. Come on inside, I'm gonna get you something to eat so hot fat. So she brings him inside, she tries to take care of him.
Speaker 1: Uh okay. So, by the way, props to Isaac, her head cook, who is the only person in this whole movie, when she brings this guy in who in the real world is acting utterly insane, and he goes, you brought him inside to your place of business, like correct, Isaac is correct? All right. So the cops played by Craig Robinson and Joela Truglio start looking for the streaker. Lacy Shavert kind of figures out that oh, they're looking for him, but she kind of is charmed by him and he seems harmless, so she's like, I'm gonna hide you in my house.
Speaker 2: Dastin Milligan does a great job of being like unassuming and like seemingly vulnerable even though he is this like jacked dude. Yeah, kudos, kudos.
Speaker 1: So she's basically like, you have to stay inside, and he decides to start like watching TV. And one of the magical parts of Hot Frosty is that he can watch something on television like a DIY show on TV, and he will understand how to do it. His brain works differently.
Speaker 2: That is when you get splashed. This is the sequence. I was like, well, now we're just doing splash where she learns the entire of the English language and entirety of the English language from watching TV in a store.
Speaker 1: See. I thought of the fifth element when Leelu learned about war and freaked out but didn't learn about war crucially during like the a's of the Encyclopedia for the American Revolution learned about it in the w's somehow didn't. The Twain didn't meet there. So he goes about and he starts cooking, and he starts fixing her house.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's good that she left him alone with daytime TV, because if you're gonna learn from from any TV, you really want to learn from all the cooking shows, all the house shows like well Done.
Speaker 1: I do have a note about him cooking because he makes her eggnog and he not only is able to grate fresh nutmeg, which means he somehow got fresh nutmeg or she just has fresh nutmeg in the house. He also has one of those little pigmy graders for the fresh nutmeg. Mm hmm Erica three years running. I've been trying to find fresh nutmeg in New York City and I cannot find it. Really, But Hope Springs, tiny town of thirty six people, has fresh nutmeg on the rag.
Speaker 2: Well, that's what they grow there, that's where they comes from. It is the fresh nutmeg capital of the Northeastern United States.
Speaker 1: Gotcha, gotcha, gotcha? Good to know, Good to know.
Speaker 2: It never occurred to me. You can't find fresh nutmeg like I can't find it. Doesn't just have fresh nutmeg during the holidays. Nope, that's shocking.
Speaker 1: Unless I'm just an idiot and looking for it in the wrong place.
Speaker 2: But I like, are you looking for it? To Dwayne Read, They're not going to have it.
Speaker 1: I keep looking for it at the dentist and he keeps saying, why are you looking here? And I'm because I need nutmeg.
Speaker 2: One of my favorite moments during the TV watching montage is when oh two actually one. They keep making references to other Netflix holiday films, which is pretty funny. Like at one point she calls She's like, what am I the Queen of Valdovia? And I was like, that's way too specific things today, So I googled it and it turns out that is a reference to another holiday like Netflix Holiday movie.
Speaker 1: They're creating their own universe.
Speaker 2: Oh one hundred percent. They showed clips from that Jennifer Coolidge one that she made a few years ago with Michael Uri. And then at one point he's watching TV and they show a clip from the Lindsay Lohan one where Lindsay Lohan has amnesia, and it's it's both It works for two reasons. One, it's hilarious because then Lacy Shivert goes, oh, that's funny. She looks just like a girl I went to high school with, excellent. And then also it's a way for her to explain amnesia to hot Frosty that's what she thinks he has. Yeah, She's like, I think you have what that woman has. You can't remember who you really are. And then finally, at one point when he's watching TV all day, he ends up watching an old version of No Speratu, like the nineteen thirty version of Osparatu, and it leads to a scene that should not be this funny, and it's justin Milligan wandering the house looking for vampires. Yeah, holding like I'm not even sure what he's holding, like a like a like a fire poker made a fire poker, and a like a lamp, and he's a cross out of them to make sure that he scares away all the vampires. Excellent, no notes.
Speaker 1: Uh So, eventually he wants to go outside. He's a real boy, he wants to experience the world. He winds up somehow. I don't remember how helping out at the school, because you know, local high schools just allow strange men to supervise children.
Speaker 2: I remember how he starts fixing her roof. He starts fixing Lacy she Bear's roof, but of course, because he's hot, frosty, he's doing it shirtless because he's hot, even though it's ten degrees out. Lauren Hawley drives by, sees the insane body on this guy on this repair man crashes her car. He does a thing where he tries to help push her car out of the ditch that she's in, but it's an extended butt sex joke.
Speaker 1: Or a doggie style joke. Speak clear, what is excellent?
Speaker 2: And then she invites him to her house where she invites all the Cougar crew over so they can watch him shirtless. Maybe no, I think he's a shirt on put up like a lamp or whatever, like like a light fixture in her house. This entire sequence is what won me over. Honestly, this is the moment I was like, Okay, I love everything about this movie I'm in.
Speaker 1: I'm watching this every year.
Speaker 2: That butt sex joke will not ever not be funny.
Speaker 1: So he winds up starting to help out at the school. All the kids love him. They're getting ready for the big dance. He watches his one kid ask another girl to the dance. It's very cute. He decides he really wants to ask Kathy out, because as soon as he comes to life, he tells Kathy, I love you, and she's like, no, you don't. We don't know each other. You're weird. But then for some reason like ask him to her house. Kathy's survival instincts are low.
Speaker 2: She's trying to hurt herself. Paul. She is she doesn't want to live with he, she doesn't want to live. She doesn't want to live. She's like, I'm just gonna take this hot drifter into my house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he builds up his courage. He asks her to the dance, and at this point in the movie, she's so charmed by him that she says yes, like she's coming back to life. Right, slowly but surely, hot Frosty is breathing life back into this woman whose husband passed away. Did you notice it? So they go to the dance. Did you notice at the dance all of those kids leaving space for Jesus in between them when they were dancing. No, they're all dancing like at arms. Like it's very cute and honestly true to life because the kids are supposed to be like thirteen, Like, they're not like eighteen years old.
Speaker 2: You're old well and are kids? Right? So like, yeah, legit, kids, you don't want to make like little kids dance with each other?
Speaker 1: Like can you dirty dance?
Speaker 2: Could you grind?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Do you guys know what grinding is?
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a there's an unfortunate dance break. I hate a dance break, unless unless you are in the film Footlooths. Do not give me a dance break. I don't want it.
Speaker 1: Wow, we are on opposite sides of the spectrum here.
Speaker 2: It has to eat to be Footlooths or a terrible movie. Like she's all that has to be one of those.
Speaker 1: It has to be a dance movie or a terrible movie, like she's all that like a center stage. Obviously we love a dance break.
Speaker 2: Oh obviously that's well, the whole movie is just should just be dance breaks. But like and then I was like I started having this like this like old lady, like get off my law, and thought of like, is this what the kids are doing now because of TikTok? Has TikTok made us all into like people who want to dance in tandem with other people? Is that what's happening?
Speaker 1: I don't care for it.
Speaker 2: What happened to the culture?
Speaker 1: As someone who is it pro dance break? I enjoyed Dustin Milligan being really energetically bad at it. I really, I'm like, you deserve workof of this, you really do, because you are. You're very good. I didn't realize you were this good. On Shit's Creek you were good, but I didn't know you were this good. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I've seen him in a few things. He's always been so funny. Yeah, real quick, I want to talk a little bit about Lazy Scheber.
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 2: That bitch is so good at this. She can do this shit in her sleep. She's more than one time throughout the movie. She's like when he's like I love you, She's like, don't say that, and he's like, why not, I do I love you? And she's like is then she tries to the concept of love and how you can fall slowly in love with someone and you should like like she did with her husband, and then like you can lose them and blah blah blah. She does this thing with her face where she does the unshed tears where yeah, she conjures up a full eye full of tears but does not shed them, will not blink as she knows. She knows the second the camera hits her that the light is gonna glint off those tears and she's gonna look incredible. And I'm like, yeah, you, my dear, are a master craftsman. You are so good at this.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The two of them are excellent.
Speaker 2: The two of them are excellent in very different ways. Like he's excellent in a very he's a comedic, like he's got the chops right, he's got like the timing and everything, which she has is like truly like gifted child actor energy where she genuinely can do anything. She's not a Meryl Streep. She's not gonna You're not gonna lose her right in the role, right like you're always gonna see Lacey Shebert. But like, fucking hell, she can do anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Actually, I take it back, because me and she is the best one in Mean Girls. Honestly, the best one, I think so I think. Oh, I think Gretchen Wiener is the best one in Mean Girls.
Speaker 1: You're talking about performance wise or best like character performance wise? Uh No, I still give that to Rachel McAdams.
Speaker 2: Maje m Adams is great. But watch it again, Paul, I believe, I believe her father, the inventor of toaster Strudle, would agree with me.
Speaker 1: All right. So during the dance, they start doing this choreographed dance and he starts to overheat. There's an ongoing plot that like, if hot Frosty gets too hot, he starts to melt like. He doesn't deal well with heat because, in the immortal words of Katie Mixon, he's made of snow. So she takes him out into the cold night and they cool down and they almost kiss, but they don't quite kiss.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is again I started to fall in love with this movie during Cougertown and now I'm like, fuck, this movie's really good. Because she goes in to kiss him and he pulls back and he's like, I don't know how much longer I'm going to be here, Like I'm not a real person and I'm gonna melt eventually, and I'm not going to survive past the winterby Frosty melts. And he's like he looks at her and he's like, I don't want to be someone that you love and lose again, Like you don't deserve that. And I was like, what is this for me? I get why that person the GQ writer cried during Hot Frosty because that shit hit me. I was like, Oh, that's real, that's real, and she's like and she The funny thing is to look at Ladyshibert's face is like, Babe, I'm not gonna fall in love with you. I just want I just want that Hot Frosty.
Speaker 1: D talk about that would melt his d right off if he starts having sex with her.
Speaker 2: Also I was thinking that too. I was like, they can't actually get intimate because he will melt. But also like and I.
Speaker 1: Was getting sucked by an icicle. That's not true.
Speaker 2: Fun, that's how they said. Like everyone who touches him at any point in the movie is like, ooh, he's freezing cold. Yeah, and he's like eating ice. That's how he that's all He eats his ice. And I'm like, oh, I don't know. It's like putting a dildo in the freezer and then trying to fuck yourself with it.
Speaker 1: Although you know, I've heard that as it is a thing, like I'm not even kidding. That is a thing that like it's a sense. So you know what, maybe maybe we need to be a little more, a little more sex forward, a little more sex positive. We are not sex positive enough on this show.
Speaker 2: We are not. Honestly, I'm gonna I'm gonna put my vibrator in the seezer and then I will i will let everyone know how it works, what if it breaks? And I'm like, god, damn it. Yeah, this was a mistake.
Speaker 1: So at the dance right right is where does he says this? Basically we realize that Craig Robinson, the chief of police, who is like the villain of the show. It's like a very Christmas villain, Like he's not a bad guy. He just he's over zealous local cop.
Speaker 2: I mean the genius of casting Craig Robinson in this role because it's it's it's the kind of character that like it's impossible to make you love them and but genuinely like, oh, we're gonna put the world's teddy Bear.
Speaker 1: Also point of order one of the things that they're like. He once tried to arrest people from making noise in a movie theater, and I was like, I seen, where's the problem.
Speaker 2: He didn't try. He actually arrested someone for unwrapping candy in a movie.
Speaker 1: Good. Let me tell you. I went to see Gypsy this past week. You're gonna go see it on a week. We had to go in separate nights for life reasons. The person behind me at the beginning of the second act sits back down and they have gotten themselves a cocktail and they start shaking the ice. While Audra McDonald is on stage, they are shaking ice in my ear. I whip around, as does my husband, who's sitting next to me. We give him the dirtiest look and his wife sees us, reaches over, grabs the thing and rips it out of his hand and we go what she goes. You're annoying everybody, and it's like arrestable offense.
Speaker 2: Honestly, though, no, because that woman, that woman deserves. That woman deserves a break.
Speaker 1: Yeah she is.
Speaker 2: She caught onto it that quickly. That means that she is living a life that is pretty difficult.
Speaker 1: He was also chewing the ice. He was like slurping the ice down and chewing it so everyone could hear it while Audra McDonald was on stage.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that poor woman. Honestly, all I can think about is that woman in her life.
Speaker 1: Anyway, if you want to hear more about Gypsy, we'll talk about it in the next Patreon. Okay, so backed out Frosty. He gets arrested. Craig Robinson locks him up. It's very funny. He decides he's like it. He's an FBI plant because he thinks he burned his finger his fingerprints off because he's again a melting Frosty. Inside the police station, he throws him in the in the one cell at this very big town. Lacy Sabert shows up and she's like, oh my god, you have to let him out. He can't. He can't deal with the heat very well.
Speaker 2: You know, and that's congratulations, that's he nailed a shabt.
Speaker 1: She can't get him out and she starts to panic. Craig Robinson sets bail at two thousand.
Speaker 2: Dollars, an enormous amount of money.
Speaker 1: An enormous amount of money. She runs to the restaurant, and this is when everyone in town finds out that Hot Frosty was Cold Frosty a mere few nights ago, right, And then okay, I bet there were.
Speaker 2: So many notes at Netflix headquarters when the script came in and the bail was set at like twenty thousand dollars, yeah, and they were like, yeah, that seems like a reasonable amount of money for people to have on hand, right, twenty thousand dollars. And then someone who's like an intern was like, guys, that's that's not what people make. What could have been at a cost ten dollars, yeah, in the rest of America, can we maybe lower the bail amount? And they're like, oh, so twenty twenty thousand is too much? Ten thousand, ten thousand, I mean I have that in my pockets right now. And the intern was like, it's a small town and she runs a diner that charges like a nickel for a cup of coffee. Yeah, and two thousand was the amount they all like settled on as being a quote unquote normal amount of money.
Speaker 1: So she rushes to the diner. She doesn't have enough, but the whole town, all thirty six of them, swarmed the police station because they want a free Hot Frosty from the cell. They pass around a hat. They try to gather enough money. They're ten dollars now they're doing it.
Speaker 2: It's a wonderful life.
Speaker 1: Yep. The kid that Hot Frosty saw ask this girl to the dance comes forward. He gives the last ten dollars, and it turns out it's Craig Robinson's son. They managed to drag Hot Frosty out and they drop him. They try to get him into a snow drift, which it could not look less like snow. It looks like they drop himTo a pile of parmesan cheese.
Speaker 2: There's a point in the movie, like after the dance, where he runs outside and he like throws snow on himself to like hew off. It genuinely looks like glitter. It does not look like snow at all. So he's lying in this snow bank. He actually dies. Yeah, And I thought they were gonna do something better with him dying. I thought they were gonna have him like turned back into a snowman and melt. Like Yeah, it's Netflix. They have the money. They have the money to do a little bit of a Like they've spent nothing on this movie already, Like this movie costs two dollars to make, the biggest expense they had was probably Lacey Shabert, So like, why not just throw in like a little bit of CGI money to have him like actually melt and disappear and just have the scarf at the end, Yeah, be like left on the snow. Because what happens is Dustin Milligan, human man falls down in the snow. People surround him and stare at him, and like Lazy Shibert like tries to revive him. She's and Katie Mixon does this thing where she's like I can't intubate a snowman, so Lazy Shibert kisses him to like revive him, and he just dies. And I'm like, it's weird that he's dying in a human body. It's just weird. And then they all like Lazy Shabert like slowly like takes the scarf off of him, and she like walks away slowly, like like a widow's walk away, Like you know what it was, Honestly, it's that walk away at the end of West Side Story, she's like holding Tony's jacket and she's just like walk away. Katie Moxon's helping her mix and is helping her yeers up place. Yeah, they are doing West Side Story here, and then the rest of the town, all thirty six of them, turn around and like their back on the on the corpse of Hot Frosty really begs the question what are they gonna do about that? I think if someone says, let the shareff handle it. Damn his credit Craig Robinson, the sheriff, does at the end go like, I'm sorry, I didn't believe it was real, Like my bad I killed Oh no, oh shit, this my actions have consequences. So they all turn their back and start walking away, so West Side Story and then and they hear Katie or whatever the fuck her name is. It's Katie, right, said Kathy Kathy, And they turn around and Frosty's alive. He's back, and she runs into his arms and she hugs him and he goes, I feel really weird. I feel like my skin feels like tingly but also it hurts, and he like touches his forehead and she feels like he's warm, and she goes, you're not frozen anymore. You're alive.
Speaker 1: Now they're doing Pinocchio.
Speaker 2: No, you're cold, that's what you're feeling. You're cold, and she puts the scarf back on him, and then they make it.
Speaker 1: End of movie.
Speaker 2: I should know, not end of movie, because there's a bit at the end where way earlier in the movie when he's watching he's watching TV. He sees Hawaii. Yeah, and he's like, we should go there, and she's like, you would melt in a second. In Hawaii. It's all hot weather all the time. And the end of the movie they are now living together. He and she buys them both round trip tickets from New York to Hawaii. How much money does this woman have? Earlier in the film, she couldn't afford two thousand dollars bail, you know.
Speaker 1: Why, exact question? Round trip round northeast.
Speaker 2: And I'm assuming she has it. She booked a hotel.
Speaker 1: Well maybe not. He won't know.
Speaker 2: Hawaii is notoriously not cheap agreed.
Speaker 1: And also there is a blooper reel which which must be acknowledged.
Speaker 2: Truly excellent blooper reel.
Speaker 1: And that is Hot Frosty. Do you have any like random observations that you want to throw out there?
Speaker 2: Okay, look, this movie is way sweeter than it needed to be. Like I was so into it. Like first there's the runner where he's like, I know I'm going to die one day, and I don't want you to have to relive like losing another love, because I know how painful that was for you. And I was like, oh my god, what are these feelings I'm feeling during Hot Frosty. And then at the end of the movie, they're exchanging Christmas presents and he gives her a book about like home repair, so that you can do it together. They could fix that house up together. The inscription on the book is he writes to her, I figured out who your second true love should be. It's you love Frosty. And I was like, don't cry, don't cry.
Speaker 1: Do you have a note though, don't try to fix your heater yourself. You should call the repairman for that, like you want to fix like you know, like a banister or something, maybe a chair, absolutely go crazy, roofs, heat, water, electric plumbing, get an expert in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because that book is very very looks like a catalog on how to fix your house, and she manages to fix the whole ass heater by herself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there is a voiceover that opens this movie. It is only in the opening, it does not return, and it has a British accent.
Speaker 2: You're right.
Speaker 1: I literally was like, wait, is Dustin Milligan actually British? He's not Canadians Canadian I think.
Speaker 2: But also maybe, okay, that may have been a reference to another Hallmark movie or Netflix movie. Maybe maybe that's a narrator from another Netflix movie. That's my theory. If you know answer, If you know the answer to that, let us know, Like, hit us up on Instagram, let us know. The only other thing I want to talk about is the extended Pretty Woman sequence set uh set to the song pretty Woman. That is her taking him to the store and it's just them doing the scene in Pretty Woman with Richard Gear takes Julia Roberts shopping for new clothes, and it even has a moment where she she buys links that look like snowmen and they do the bit where he puts his hand in the box and she closes the box and he goes, yeah, everything about this top notch. No fucking notes.
Speaker 1: I only have one other observation in Hot Frosty, and it's very simply this. If you thought that Joe Latruglio could not do an impression of soup, you are wrong. He can do impressions of different kinds of soup and they are perfect.
Speaker 2: Went to NYU just saying yeah, NYU actor.
Speaker 1: All right, everyone, So that is our Christmas episode twenty twenty four. We hope everyone who is celebrating the holiday is having a wonderful time. We hope everyone who is not celebrating the holiday is having a wonderful time. We hope everyone who's literally going is it the holiday is having a wonderful time.
Speaker 2: I hope wherever you are, you got the day off of work. That's the most important thing today. I hope wherever you are, whatever you're doing, you are not at your job job. You are just fucking off and doing whatever it is you want to do. That's our Christmas holiday wish for you.
Speaker 1: And we will be back next Monday with our regularly scheduled programming. So we'll see you then.
Speaker 2: Happy New Year.
Speaker 1: I believe it's teal Erica.
Speaker 2: It's red.
Speaker 1: Is it red?
Speaker 2: Yes? Okay, oh my god, are we're finding out your color blind?
Speaker 1: No? No, you're right, it is red. I got to confuse something. Sorry, sorry, I gotta conve you something.
Speaker 2: Genuinely, I was like, oh my god, is this the thing? Are we going to find out your color blind? What color? What color is this? I'm just holding things up