Speaker 1: And I say this very seriously that anybody that lives in a domestic violence situation and an abusive situation of any kind, you always have a plan. It may be fantasy, right, There are some women that are like, if I could just get a job and make six figures a year, and they're you know, high school graduates and have never worked, and you know, but everybody always has a plan. And so I knew that the biggest, the biggest thing that I needed to focus on was the safety of the children and I and that until I could ensure that to the best of my ability, we just needed to stay in an environment for where we could work things through. And so by the time the incident had happened, I had been trying to figure out a way to keep us safe for well over five years, so it was probably more like seven or eight. And so at that point it was like, Okay, well, what do we do next? And so in my world, the first thing was I need an expert.
Speaker 2: This is Wake Up with Marcie, a space for honest conversations about healing, recovery and women's wellness. I'm Marcy Hopkins. Take a breath, You're safe here.
Speaker 3: Let's begin.
Speaker 2: What if everything you've been told about success is wrong? What if the promotion, the title, the perfect career, the life that looks so good on the outside still leaves you feeling empty Because so many high achieving women spend years building a successful life while quietly losing themselves in the process. And sometimes it isn't until life falls apart that we finally understand or discover who we really are. Welcome all to Wake Up with Marci. Thank you so much for being here, Thank you for listening or watching. I'm Marci Hopkins, your host, author, TV host, motivational speaker, and mental health advocate, and on Wake Up with Marcie, we have honest conversations about healing, recovery, relationships, and what it really takes to rebuild your life. If today's conversation and resonates with you, please make sure to like, comment and share this episode with someone who may need to hear it, because these are the conversations that help people realize that they're not alone creating that ripple effect. Today's episode is for every woman who has spent her life achieving, producing, and taking care of everyone else. Like, does that sound familiar because I've been there? But then one day you wake up and wonder what about me? You've lost yourself, Because sometimes the greatest transformation doesn't happen with life goes according to plan. It happens when everything you thought to find you falls away. My guest today is Melissa Franks. Melissa is a nationally recognized business strategist, fractional COO, speaker, podcast host, and founder of on Call CEO. A former Fortune five hundred executive and three time on con Top one hundred COO winner, she has led billion dollar transformations and helped countless businesses scale and thrive. But behind the corporate success is a woman who also knows what it means to rebuild after personal and professional setbacks and to discover that true success isn't just about what you build, but who you become. Now let's meet Melissa. Hello, Melissa, welcome to Wake Up with Marcy.
Speaker 1: Hello, it's great to be here.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for taking the time, and I'm excited about this conversation and listen.
Speaker 3: I mean, we show up so.
Speaker 2: Much for others in our lives, and we're trying to accomplish so many things, and I think a lot of that has to do with our upbringing especially in our age group, as women always being the caretaker, right, we were raised to be that. But for you, I mean, things looked amazing, Right. You had a career, you were a leader, and you had an accomplishment that so many were were and are chasing. But you say your greatest growth came during a season of personal and professional upheaval. Can you take us back and share with us what happened during that time?
Speaker 1: Absolutely? So, I had what looked like on the outside a meteoric rise inside of a financial services company. So I had gotten very comfortable being the only woman. I was always the youngest, and I really internally became the poster child for successful woman. Look, we have a woman that's in the C suite and she's a mom, and she's married, and she can try all over the place. And that persona was highly cultivated and managed by the corporation. And I left them in the fall of twenty twenty two because a it was time for me personally to move on. I hit a ceiling and was bored out of my mind. And also it wasn't a business where I could work in anymore. It had been really difficult, kind of behind the scenes. I went to a startup and that lasted nine months until it failed. And almost at the exact same time that the startup began to fail, what had been very quietly behind the scenes an abusive marriage for well over a decade imploded and the father of my children ended up arrested for domestic violence in July of twenty twenty three. As I said, the startup was failing, but I kind of wasn't paying attention because I was trying to figure things out in the family court system. And so in October of twenty twenty three, startup failed. I didn't get the sufference package that I had negotiated so smart I was in family court every week, so four and five figures a month in legal fees, and I had three children I was responsible for, so you know, standing there after all of these accomplishments, I was unemployed. I had no income. I couldn't go get a corporate job because I couldn't travel around the world the way that I used to. We were definitely having some safety concerns and I had to stop and say, so what next? What do I do? And in that moment, it was really, well, what am I best at? And how can I make a dollar doing it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and so what did that end up being for you?
Speaker 1: So ironically or maybe the universe was had my back and an interesting moment a few a few weeks before the startup really hit the skids, and I was offered the opportunity to work for free if I wanted to, which was not happening. I'm still always floored when I say it that that was actually be offered offered, and like in a serious like you know's we're in it together, and I'm like, I don't feel like we're in it together. And two weeks before that, I had a friend call who had just started a business and she in fact, at the time was one of less than two hundred female female female African American entrepreneurs that it raised a million dollars and seen money, so she highly accomplished on her own. And she called me and said, I'm in over my head and I don't know what I'm doing, and I think I need your help. And I'm like, okay, well we can probably figure that out. And so literally I got off of the Zoom call where I no longer had a job, and I called her and I said, hey, do you still need some help? I think there was about thirty minutes in between point A and point B, and she said, I do And I said, okay, well, I'm going to come in and be your fractional chief operating officer and let me you know, what's your budget, you know, because at this point any dollar was a dollar. And she became my very first client at a retainer for nine thousand dollars a month.
Speaker 3: And that's very good.
Speaker 1: To get me just this, like, okay, like for now, you know, for the next thirty days or whatever it was, there's a path I can be productive, I can balance all the things that I have. Some money's coming in the door. Let me figure out what to do next. And that was really just kind of the beginning of the what's this new chapter look like? And how do we define this differently and what do I do going forward?
Speaker 2: Well, let's rewind a little bit, because I don't want to just pass over the fact that you were in an abusive marriage, because there are a lot of women that are in difficult relationships and abuse can be many things, right, but when generally when you're in a relationship like that, I mean, that breaks you down, tears you down. Like, So, how did you manage to get through that very difficult time. I'm sure you're still healing through it. How did you find the strength to get through it and be there for your children?
Speaker 1: It's a really interesting question. You know. Recently we were just awarded a permanent restraining order. It took us one thousand and forty one days to get it. And during that process, just recently, my therapist said, you know, you have all the markers of PTSD and if we did a formal diagnosis, we could give you that. And it was such an interesting thing for me to think about because what that really meant was that there was just a lot of mechanisms that I had employed in order to live this dual life, which is exactly what it was to the public. There was there was one version of what was happening, and then as soon as we got inside, it was a completely different ball of blacks. And so by the time everything had fallen apart, the reality was and I say this very seriously that anybody that lives a domestic violence situation and an abusive situation of any kind, you always have a plan. It may be fantasy, right, There are some women that are like, if I could just get a job and make six figures a year and they're you know, high school graduates and have never worked, and you know, but everybody always has a plan, and so I knew that the biggest, the biggest thing that I needed to focus on was the safety of the children and I and that until I could ensure that to the best of my ability, we just needed to stay in an environment for where we could work things through. And so by the time the incident had happened, I had been trying to figure out a way to keep us safe for well over five years, so it was probably more like seven or eight. And so at that point it was like, Okay, well, what do we do next? And so in my world, the first thing was I need an expert. I'm not a family court expert. I don't know what I'm doing. And so I found like the very best lawyer that I could have possibly found who could guide me through the process. And then it became a matter of what can I control and what can I not And I'm a rule follower, tried and true, and so a lot of this process became what are the rules and how do I operate within that? And what did the children need? And what I realized very very quickly, is that life for them on the other side of the one incident was freeing. You know, I lived in a household where we walked on eggshells and everybody was silent and always in their rooms because that was the safest place to be if we could be in our rooms, like nothing bad was going to happen. And just recently I was talking to somebody and I'm like, I need to outside and talk to you. My house was so loud. They were like running around and they were playing video games and they were arguing, and like there was music somewhere, and you know, we got three teenage boys, and that house was something we would have never been able to have before. And so the focus was really how to keep them as healthy and happy and stable as possible. And I can carry whatever where I need to carry in order to make that happen.
Speaker 2: So for someone out there, were there any signs leading up to things unraveling, because I'm sure he put on a great facade in the beginning, So what did you start seeing? It could be markers for somebody else, right, red flags.
Speaker 3: For someone else.
Speaker 1: I think one of the one of the biggest challenges. So there's a few things. The definition of domestic violence is quite broad, and I think people don't actually realize that. We all think you end up in the hospital, it's a domestic violence situation. You know, you see a bruise, you see it, you see those things. And what I realized much much later than I probably should have, is that it's multifaceted. And so you know, there's a term called course of control that I encourage everybody to kind of understand, which means financial control, isolation, manipulation, Uh, there are layers of emotional abuse and you know, and other things. So it's not just a physical situation. But most people to end up in this in an abusive relationship. It happens over time. And one of the things that I really encourage people to think about is to step back and say, does my life, my personal life look materially different now than it used to. I became incredibly isolated. That was for two reasons. One he made it very difficult for people to stay in our lives, and two I didn't want people to know what was happening. And so the best way to protect the illusion was to just stop engaging with people. And if I had stepped back and really started to look at some of those earlier markers before things got significantly worse, I would have been able to say, Oh, there's something happening here. Why am I hiding in plain sight? What's happening here? And I think that that's it's the slow burn and the loss of identity that's the hardest to identify. But being able to step out of yourself and say what compromises have I made to be in this relationship? And if I was talking to my best friend, would I be okay with her making those compromises?
Speaker 3: So true? It's so true.
Speaker 2: And it is a slow process, and it's you're broken down slowly, and the changes it's not it's not like overnight. And I never want to take away from physical but mental abuse and control. I mean it literally breaks you down to nothing, just as the physical abuse does, and you completely lose yourself.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I just want to say that I'm so enamored by your strength to be able to move past and get your children out of that situation and yourself and yourself because I know so many or so fearful and they stay in situations because they don't know how to get out ye.
Speaker 3: So for you, you got.
Speaker 2: Out and you had this opportunity and again like you were taken down and you had nothing right like, and I can relate to that. I mean, it's kind of like you're starting at that ground zero and having to rebuild.
Speaker 3: And there's a lot of power and strength that comes with that.
Speaker 2: Truly, truly it does. So let's let's talk about where did that take you once you were given that incredible opportunity. I mean, God is so good, right these things come in And would you say that at that time that you were putting stuff out that you were like looking for this opportunity or trying to be guided in some way to what's next.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you could pound the virtual pavement, I was pounding it. I've been a high achiever all of my life, right, like we do we do not lose, We find a way to win. You know, That's that's how I am wired. And I also because I had I had run very large businesses, I knew practically speaking, this one opportunity is short lived and not sustainable and not enough. And so if I'm going to do this, even if it's going to be short term, I need to like be firing on all cylinders. And so the very first thing that I did, which was probably one of the harder things for me to do, is I had just completely remove all ego. I had to like get rid of any sort of humility I had, and just anybody I could talk to if this is what I'm doing, this is do you know anybody that needs help? And I really put myself as far out there as I could and was willing to do anything. You know, it it was not it was not a steady climb up. So this is just not a not a story of it was so easy. And what we did? You know, she that I worked with her for about four months and I knew it was coming to an end, and I didn't have anything in the hopper I had. I'd engaged my whole network, and you know, I was doing all the things and just literally nothing was happening.
Speaker 3: It was just crickets.
Speaker 1: And so I was at the point where I was on government assistance, and I'm like, do I go work at Starbucks? Like you know, they have good health benefits, Like you know, what do we do here? Do one hundred percent? And I happened to be in you know, the right room at the right time with the right people, and the next client showed up in that regard, and what I what I realized very quickly is it wasn't the world that I had built previously that was going to help me get through this hump. It was the risks and vulnerability that I was going to bring with me into the new chapter that were going to help me get to the people that were going to give me either the skills or the connections or the network or the whatever to get to where I needed to go. And so it was really a process of saying that group of women that I was with in that early March room, they kept referring to me as kind of the phoenix rising from the ashes, and that was really imagery that I stayed with me as we burned it all to the ground October twenty twenty three. Everything got burned to the ground, and so this is now an opportunity for me to figure out what that phoenix is going to look like, how far that phoenix is going to fly.
Speaker 2: And I love that you brought up vulnerability because that is a huge part of my own story and it's something that I think it's so important that we do talk about, especially as strong women that you see on the outside is so successful, and it is when we got the most vulnerable that we were the strongest. So for you, what is vulnerability really look like? And how can you encourage somebody else to get vulnerable with themselves.
Speaker 1: So for me, as somebody that had always had all the answers, knew how to do the thing, could figure out out if she needed to, Like I, you know, in the corporate world, I was where everybody came when things were blowing up, you know, like I was. At one point, I was referred to as the Cia of the corporation. At another point, I was referred to as the fixer.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: People used to call me the Olivia Pope of financial services. And so for me, vulnerability was being very clear, transparent, candid with anybody, like I don't know what I'm doing.
Speaker 3: That's big.
Speaker 1: I really don't know what I am doing. I know how to start businesses with like strong seed money and corporate backers and private equity and these sorts of things, but like this whole I'm going to start this thing and I'm going to find clients and I'm going to you know, make a big impact, and you know, I don't know what I'm doing. I don't know how to use social media to grow business. I don't know what paid advertising means. Like I know what a billboard is, but I don't even know the language you're talking about. And so for me, it was at you know, forty five and highly accomplished on paper, getting very public and loud about the fact of like, I need help. Who knows how to do this?
Speaker 3: Love?
Speaker 1: Who can I meet?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Who introduce me to? Who can I buy a program from? Who do I need to learn from?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: I don't know what I'm doing, But what I do know is that I have something to offer to the world. And if I can figure out what skills I need to be able to pair with my expertise, then there's a path forward.
Speaker 3: Ladies.
Speaker 2: I want you to listen to that, because that is my story too, And I thought that I could do it on my own, and I tried to do it on my own. But it's so important to recognize the things that you don't know how to do, and also to invest in yourself. It is so hard for us to think that we.
Speaker 3: Can spend money on ourselves and that's.
Speaker 2: Okay, But yet it's okay to spend money on another bag or another.
Speaker 3: Pair of shoes, and yeah, that makes you.
Speaker 2: Feel good, but really there's no growth from that, so it's not long term.
Speaker 3: It's an initial fix.
Speaker 2: So just think about it that way and just think about the next time you want to go shopping, maybe put that money to the side and think about how can I grow and how can that's going to be the reward for you and at our age now and if we are reinventing ourselves, it's so important because.
Speaker 3: There's so much for us.
Speaker 2: There's so much change, and there's so much for us to learn, and it's okay, and I love what you say. Like the other thing that I believe and something I learned way back when, is that you don't want to be just the cog and the will right.
Speaker 3: You want to know how the whole wheel works and have insight.
Speaker 2: You don't have to do everything, but just have insight and understanding how things work together so you can grow. So tell us about how now you are helping others to do that.
Speaker 1: So you know, it's interesting because I found that I was in a room with people a decade plus younger than I was, because they have the skills and the knowledge and the expertise. And what I also found was as much as they were giving me, I had as much to give back to them. Yes, because I had been there, I had done it, I had seen it all, you know, heard the screenplay, watched the movie, et cetera. And it really became a matter of, initially, how can I monetize my expertise in a way that helps others like them. So helps the female small business owner who had the ability to solve a problem, how to widget, you know, how to build a better mouse trap, like, how can I get into those spaces and really just give them what I understand is pragmatic business expertise as a chief operating officer and really help them. And so that's where I started, was they were able to identify and me the things that I knew how to do that they didn't. And they did that by literally every time we would be in a forum and somebody who asked me a question, all of a sudden, I see three phones come out and they would start, you know, recording me. So these women are wandering around by with hours of voice notes of me at this point to listen to. I was writing business plans on the back of a napkin while we were at a conference. And so I learned through one of those women how to run paid advertising, and I said, I'm gonna boil what a fractional COO is down to just the basics, you know. And I got very specific around the problems that we could solve, I could solve in a business, and I went to market with that. And what I found was relatively quickly two things. One, there was a lot of demand, so that was great. I only ever wanted to make enough money so that we could live. That was the goal. Be a soul, can newer, you know, single shingle and et cetera. And about six months in two things happen simultaneously. Demand exceeded my ability to fulfill.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: And I had all of these phenomenal women sending me emails saying, I want to be an on call COEO. That's the name of my company. And I'm like, that's not a thing, it doesn't exist.
Speaker 3: It's me.
Speaker 1: There is no There is no that. And when I got to the place where I'd over committed myself from a demand perspective, and I'm like, oh, I really can't do work this much. That's actually not possible, with not possible and all the things I started adding to the team, and I'm like, let's just experiment. This could be an absolute mess and then we'll pull it back. And I know how much I can can I can hold myself. And so in the spring of twenty twenty five, that's what I did. I started adding people to the team. And now we're a team of.
Speaker 2: Seventeen amazing, amazing, and it is so important for all of us to to recognize we don't have to do it all of our on our own, and there is help out there, and it's it's not out of reach, the help that.
Speaker 3: You know, creating a team.
Speaker 2: And I was just watching a video that a little short that you put on LinkedIn, and it actually really resonated with me about doing the emails, all the little tasks that I'm constantly doing. Yeah, that doesn't allow me to do the bigger projects and and put my efforts into other places. And those are areas that I could I could use more help in, and I do have people that could do it, you know.
Speaker 1: It's just yeah, yeah, I think that often those of us that are in the successful in the business space, I even think that that homemakers that you know have a well oiled, you know, running machine. Also because I could never do that. So I'm always in awe of these women that can do those things. We are powered by the ability to see that we are getting stuff done by productivity. And sometimes it is so much easier to count how many emails we sent, how many things we put on our calendar, how many tasks we got off the task list, then to sit down and say, okay, so the hard thing is that I really need to look at the entire model itself and figure out where it's broken and where I can start. You know what my growth lovers are, and like I need to sit and think for three hours and like figure this out. And so we will distract ourselves by the easy things because we're feeling productive. But where the true growth, whether it's you, of a human or of a business comes is from that like actual dedicated big thinking time. And so, you know, my business part of what we do is we either help you do that big thinking because we know how to do it, and we know what blind spots you're going to have and what lies you're going to tell your self and how you're going to get yourself into situations that are unfortunately not the right ones. But we can also bring in people to get those tasks done, or help find people to get the tasks done, so that you eliminate the distraction, because if you give that work to somebody else permanently, you don't get to pick it up anymore and start doing it yourself.
Speaker 2: Again, I think there's a lot of fear of failure, right to put yourself out there to.
Speaker 3: Do the big thing.
Speaker 2: And then I also think that there's a lot of control. There's a fear of letting go of control that I know what I need, I know what you know the answers to these things, and nobody else can do it. And I am definitely guilty of that. So how can we overcome that?
Speaker 1: I So it's interesting because I said to somebody the other day that the one thing that sends me into a panic is a bunch of white space on my calendar. Because as soon as my calendar looks empty, I question my existence and being. And I can run and look at the bank account. I can look at our you know, accounts receivable. I can look at how many contracts are and playing we are fine. There's plenty of money there are sales calls that are coming in and on the calendar and all the things. But as somebody that is used to making the business move forward, I'm really having to rewire my brain to say, that's your time.
Speaker 3: To grow the thing.
Speaker 1: That's your time to go out into the world and attend a networking event or a conference or you know, write content or whatever it might be. Like I've really and it's something I'm actively coaching myself on, yeh, but like, this is the opportunity that you were looking for so that you can grow to the next level. And so I think often we create these false markers for ourselves of what productivity and success looks like. If I am overscheduled, if I am incredibly busy, if I'm not sleeping enough, if my phone is bringing off the hook, if I am forgetting to do things because my list is so long I can't hold it in my brain anymore, I'm winning. And the reality is that that's the opposite of winning. Yeah, you know. And so I think we really have to either find an external coach or find a way to do it to yourself, but really start to rewire those lies that we were telling ourselves about what success looks like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And that's one of the things I've done, rewire my brain from my healing journey. And it's those little steps. You know, it's not something that's going to happen overnight. I mean, we have these habits that are ingrained the muscle memory, and so we've got to change those very slowly. So give yourself grace. It doesn't happen overnight, and that's okay. So let's talk about somebody that's out there, woman that she is struggling or something she doesn't know what's next. And self discovery, how we can connect with ourselves and really understand what is that next chapter for ourselves and maybe this next chapter, like maybe it's our happiest chapter, but we're too afraid to like jump in.
Speaker 1: So one of the things that I did years before my life turned upside down and I had to reinvent myselves is I started these small journaling practices. And I kept hearing everybody, you know, say you should journal, you should journal, and I'm like, uh, you know, that's it's in my household. It was a little risky writing stuff down because you know, like somebody could find it and then it would be a problem. And but I started with a gratitude journal initially, and then I read a variety of books that had different guidance around journaling practices, and so I kind of cherry picked a bunch of things and what I started to do was on a daily basis, you know, write one off that I've been writing for now the last four years around what my life looks like. So it has nothing to do with like a financial goal or the house someone to live in or any of that. It's just really what is my life look like at the person I am and who I am, And then I spend time thinking about where I want to go right And as I go through that journaling practice, it's really helped me clear my brain. So some days I just do stream of consciousness, what's everything that's driving me crazy and get it out on paper so that it's out of here and on the page. But I found that just those quiet moments every day where I could refocus around what's most important to me, What do I want my legacy to be, what I want my life to be at the end of it. And this is not an activity where you have all of the answers. This is an activity where you get to just dream a little bit. And I found that as soon as I got clarity around the dream and what those components saw, it helped me as I went through throughout the rest of my day to just start making decisions. And it became really easy to see, that's not a line to the life that I want, you know, like that that doesn't feel centered and correct anymore. It was actually the it was. It started providing me the ability to make some decisions about where my energy went and my time went, and my money and all of those things. And so my biggest recommendation to anybody is to just get really really clear on what you're working towards, and by that I mean your life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what do you want that to be?
Speaker 1: Because you only have so many days, so that faster you can get an idea of what you want that to be, the faster you can start moving towards it.
Speaker 3: And just always remembering your why why you're doing it. And yeah, my.
Speaker 2: First book is about chaos to clarity, And I always say that that that trauma, that addiction, that life is chaos us and even like the hamster wheel like you're talking about, like that's just a way not to face any of the stuff that is you're trying to push down and mask, right, because I wore that mask.
Speaker 3: For a lot of years.
Speaker 2: And it's when you make that decision to surrender and get quiet and do the practices that you're talking about, that that clarity begins to come. And it was interesting. I was asked the other day, is quiet and peace the same thing? No, because in quietness you can feel like your skin's going to crawl, or you can feel joy and strength and peace in that time, and that's when you really that quiet time is productive time.
Speaker 3: Right, and you invite that to your day. For me, it's daily, I.
Speaker 2: Have to have it. It is a reset for me and my brain. I don't know if that is the same for you, but that hamster wheel I no longer need. I need that quiet time to reboot and allow.
Speaker 3: Allowed just the download to happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think what's been an interesting shift to me is that I always worked out very early in the morning, and what I didn't realize at the time was that was me regulating my nervous system so that I could fight through the rest of the day. Yeah, And so that was the only time that nobody needed anything from me. And I was relatively like physically and emotionally safe and all the things. And I'm still I'm an early raiser, but my morning's now to your point or where I get centered and clear, I don't have that need to you know, flush all the cortisol and like really get myself stealed and ready to like fight through the day. And instead now I have the opportunity to sit still and be clear around how I'm going to show up for the day and getting centered like that every day, seven days a week, so it's not a Monday through Friday situation. I need it probably much more on the weekends when it's just me and the kids that I'm not fighting for my life, but it just allows me to have those moments of peace and clarity so that as I move through the rest of the day, there's that grounding exercise and that centered And what I also know too, is that sometimes the day does what it does days, you know, get out of control, and so then I carve out fifteen or twenty minutes where it's me and a walk and silence and the birds or whatever is out there, just to kind of get back to that place that I set in the morning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and the gratitude practice changed my life. And there's all kinds of practices that we can introduce in our lives. And I'm going to just take one quick break on that note. And this is for the women out there that are negatively coping and are ready to get back to themselves.
Speaker 3: So we'll be right back.
Speaker 2: Are you in the first thirty days of sobriety or wondering if now is your time to start? Hi?
Speaker 3: I'm Marcy Hopkins and I wrote wake Up You're Not Broken just for you. It's a real.
Speaker 2: Raw guide to those first thirty days, what no one tells you, what you will feel, and how to keep going. This isn't about perfection, it's about progress. Or to your copy now on Amazon. Remember You're not alone, You're not broken, You're waking up. Welcome back, Melissa. What an incredible conversation that we've been having. And it's so this conversation has been so insightful, and I think that so many of us can resonate and connect and learn. So just tell us more about how the company you own, how it's helping, and how we can connect with you.
Speaker 1: Sure, So on call COO is a fractional chief operating officer staffing agency as well as OPS manager placement agency. So what does that mean Because it's a bunch of gobblybook. So we provide strategic operations leadership inside of small businesses and if we need a helper to come with us to do stuff and get stuff done, that's where the operations manager comes in. We found that often the executive leader knows exactly what needs to happen and it's just cheaper to have a sidekick to do it. And we work for and with founders that have businesses that range from three million on ups. So we've even worked with one hundred million dollar company in the past. Across every industry you name it, we have touched it. I was not able to say that until we hit manufacturing and energy last year and now I'm like, okay, apparently we can do it all around here. And we do help businesses blow the three million dollar mark as well. So it's not like there's there's not solutions. It's just that getting a fractional executive inside of your business that's there, you know, part time, but invested in your business, that's you really want them. When you've goten to a place where you know what you're selling, you know who you're selling it to, and you've been over and over and over again and you've shown that that model really.
Speaker 3: Works for you.
Speaker 1: And before that, what we do is we provide strategic guidance and support to help you get to that stage. The best way to connect with us is to go to my website, which is Melissa Franks dot com and we offer free consultation call. So the good news is you can get on a call with a seasoned executive. You get thirty minutes of you know, free advice. So come in with your problems, lay it all on the line, and you'll walk away with at least a few solutions and answers. And if we think that we can help you in the long term, we'll let you know how you can do that.
Speaker 2: Amazing, amazing, Melissa, And thank you for your advocacy around physical abuse and women that are abused and we just it's so needed for us to get educated and bring awareness and help others. And thank you for the work that you're doing to help everyone out there in this corporate world.
Speaker 3: And you know, actually it's.
Speaker 2: Business owners, right, but they're creating corporate world. You know, they're creating their own corporate businesses, right, so corporations. So thank you again again Melissa for coming on Wake Up with Marcy and helping us to wake up to our best selves.
Speaker 1: Thank you. It was great to be here.
Speaker 3: All right, Melissa.
Speaker 2: Thank you all so much for listening and being here with us today. And please reach out to Melissa and just remember that you are not broken, you are becoming, and that your past does not define you and it is time to wake up to your worth and join me next Thursday with an all new episode, and wishing you the most amazing week and I'll see you soon.
Speaker 3: Bye,