Speaker 1: One thing about this gene is the invisible and tangibles that they have.
Speaker 2: This teen is really becoming a family.
Speaker 1: Let's not play one on Tom. Let's wind it.
Speaker 3: I love writing these guys after the show and just thank you.
Speaker 4: Give me are your attention, your fire and not a pisson.
Speaker 3: This is world champion, Dodgers, world champion.
Speaker 4: Put a small soft time they get up people what they want to die two is special. I'm like, yeah, it's not a headache. One of the con This ball's gone. You ready to go?
Speaker 3: Sure, old time to grab your phone to get in on the show called eight six six nine eighty seven two five seven and go to the show. And now your host of Dodger Talk, Tim Kakes.
Speaker 5: Oh, just another come from behind win for your Los Angeles Dodgers as they come back and beat the New York Mets. See the Mets meet the Mets, beat the Mets, and the Dodgers did that today the six' five win over The New York. Mets, hi, everybody and welcome To Dodger talk here on AM fi SEVENTY La Sports live everywhere along The iHeartRadio app wherever you may be.
Speaker 4: Listening we appreciate.
Speaker 5: It eight sixty six nine eighty seven two five seventy is a telephone. Number as we're here on This thursday afternoon in Southern, california if you're just getting off work driving around making deliveries wherever you're at eight six six nine eighty seven two five. Seventy it's a good day for The dodgers as they score three runs in the, third then three more in the eighth as they come back from a four to nothing, deficit a five to three, deficit and they get the win six to five over The New York. Mets they struggle though Against mets starting pitching the entire. Series David, peterson the left hander for The New York mets, today pitched really well seven. Innings he'd give up three runs on seven hits while striking out, six got a couple of double play balls that he got help from his defriends. From As Rick monday, mentioned what a stat The dodgers against The New York mets starters in this four game. Series twenty four innings pitched in the four games from The mets, starters twenty two scoreless of the twenty four, innings twenty two scoreless innings of the twenty four innings pitched by The New York mets starters in this four games. Series The dodgers won two of these four, games and they did it by getting after the, bullpen and that's a really Good New york. Bullpen but they got After Reed garrett, today who by the, way had given up three earned runs the entire season up until, today gave up three runs in two thirds of an inning this afternoon against The, dodgers and The dodgers. Comeback it all started With Mookie betts getting on base with a, walk Then Will smith delivering a double on the left field, line The dodgers moving runners. Over Taascar hernandez a deep fly ball to, center Will smith moves over from second to. Third they get some help on a weird play in which Will smith got caught up on a rundown between third and, home but a bad throw From Brett batty one hopping the Catcher Francisco, alvarez and quite, frankly Something i'd never seen before. Ever the ball one hopped the Catcher, alvarez who should have made a clean pick as a catcher goes off the glove Of alvarez up into the glove of the Pitcher Read, garrett who is backing Up alvarez and ready to be there as the second guy in a rundown if. Necessary the ball bounces Off alvarez up into the waiting arm and glove Of Read. Garrett But Read garrett can't go down and Tag Will, smith who is sliding into home because the, Catcher Francis Scho, alvarez is standing in his.
Speaker 4: Way he is throwing a.
Speaker 5: Block like an offensive, lineman standing in the way between the linebacker and the, quarterbacks almost like AN nba pick with THE Nba finals getting ready to tip off tonight In Oklahoma. City it was like a power forward setting a pick so his guard couldn't get. Through it was a wild, sequence bad, throw the catcher can't pick, it and then the pitcher can't get to Tag Will smith at home because the catcher's standing in his.
Speaker 4: WAY i retweeted.
Speaker 5: It it's a real interesting sequence that you don't see very often or at all in. Baseball we saw it. Today it helped out The, dodgers gave him the tie and. Run and Then Michael, confordo, boy oh, boy As Michael confordo taking his licks here On Dodger talk and he struggled. Offensively there's no hiding. It, okay he has struggled in his first three months in A dodger.
Speaker 4: Uniform but, man he delivered.
Speaker 5: Today his first hit with a runner in scoring position Since march thirty, first and it was the first pitch that he saw From Reed, garrett a cutter, away and he doesn't roll over on. It he hits it to, left a solid single to, left scoring the go ahead, run and The dodgers cap off that eighth inning with three runs to take a. Lead and Then Tanner, Scott, oh what a series For Tanner. Scott Tanner scott had a disastrous start to this four game series against The New York.
Speaker 4: Mets you go back to that series.
Speaker 5: In cleveland in which he gave up four runs in two thirds of an, inning a game in Which Clayton kershaw was lined up to get the, win And Tanner scott gives it up in that final game against The. Guardians, Well Tanner scott in the series opener On monday, night you remember ten, game gives up two, Runs dodgers lose.
Speaker 4: To The New York.
Speaker 5: Mets you remember that game On monday night Because Tanner scott took it after the. Game it was a second blown save in four, appearances but he gets back on top of the Mound tuesday, night strikes out a pair in The dodgers ten inning win against The New York, mets and then his numbers called again. Today AND i don't know about, you BUT i was around some people who were, like, oh, No Tanner scott. Again he was. Bad he was. Good this is gonna be another bad. Outing what's what kind Of Tanner? Scott who which one are we gonna get? Here And Tanner scott came out and pitched very well in the ninth. Inning granted it was against the bottom half of the lineup of The New York, mets but still gets behind in the count three and one To taylor and then punches him out with back to back, pitches the final one of slider for strike. Three baby comes up three, pitches strikes him out looking back to back punch, outs gives up a single To alvarez on a, slider but then it gets A kunya to fly out to center to end the. Game no damage, Done nothing to worry about, Here Just Tanner scott back on the, bump striking out two in the ninth, inning to pick up as eleven. Save i'm interested to what all Those Tanner scott haters out there are thinking now after he comes back with back to back outings and pitches really well for The, dodgers picking up the save this afternoon in a six'. Five win eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the number eight sixty six nine eighty seven two. Five seventy we're gonna hear from The Manager dave roberts coming up in just a couple. Of minutes we're also gonna Hear From landon nack just. Here Shortly landon neck had pitched really well the last. Time, out now certainly When the dodgers scored eighteen runs and win the game eighteen to two Over, the Yankees And landon neck's, last start you can go out there and get away with some pitches you may not get away with in any other.
Speaker 4: Tight ballgame you have the luxury.
Speaker 6: Of, that.
Speaker 5: Well go back to the last downing, before that six innings Against The New york Mets At. City field didn't, pitch bad gave up three runs over. Six innings comes back Against the Yankees, on saturday gives up one run the solo home Run To, aaron judge, six innings, six strikeouts gets.
Speaker 4: The win Land and neck kind of.
Speaker 5: Felt like he was building, on something little momentum on the mound in his last, few starts building off what he did Against. The mets didn't get a lot of. Run support they lost that Game At city field three. To one so again didn't get much help behind him Against the Mets Of. New york but then certainly gets a ton of help in an eighteen to two win Against. The yankees both times he, pitched well got, a win got. A loss how would he come back out? Now today really kind of building on that momentum a one two three, first inning but then in the second gives up a leadoff home Run. To pee alonzo gets into some trouble with runners on base a long twenty seven pitch, second inning back to back. Home runs in, The Third Brandon Nemo starling marte, not good hits a batter two, batters later has the bases loaded the sack fly another run, comes across ends up giving up three runs in. The third sixty eight pitches through three innings For landon nack and in the, fourth inning after a one out walk followed by. Another Walk dave roberts had seen enough eighty six pitches For, landon nack struggled to get ahead in. The count half of the twenty batters that, he faced he got ahead oh one with. The strike eighty six pitches forty six. For strikes. That's it. That's it struggled to, get ahead struggled to punch out hitters when he had.
Speaker 4: Him, ahead finally.
Speaker 5: An account too many three, two counts too many three to, one counts too many free Passes from Land and, knack today a hit. By pitch he would finish the afternoon walking just too. Many batters Land and knack, walked five hit a batter, as well gave up three. Home runs not a great Outing from Land.
Speaker 4: And knack he would get out of there in the.
Speaker 5: Fourth Inning jack dryer would take over and get out of a jam in That fourth let's go back Out To. Dodger stadium let's Hear from Land and knack postgame on what happened today With.
Speaker 4: The knacker and then just when you kind of look at today he started.
Speaker 7: Off excellent what do you think was allowing them to get, to you especially just with the long ball and the power.
Speaker 8: FROM them i.
Speaker 4: Mean just, good.
Speaker 7: MIND guys i, mean, HONESTLY yeah i mean the two we're kind of just like, got behind had to get get in there and just they. Got me AND then, i mean of course The the alonso one just pulled the heater down like that's where he. Likes it and you just just got to continue to get Out.
Speaker 9: Of guys there's a report that your weight change kind of impact.
Speaker 4: Your mechanics how are you?
Speaker 7: Feeling down is that any adjustment being made or has?
Speaker 1: It gone?
Speaker 4: It was it was.
Speaker 7: FEELING better I mean i think, today yeah just got a little bit out of whack there for. A MINUTE but I think i have made too much talk on just kind of like Trying to we're, Getting close we're, feeling this, feeling THAT and i think it's just time to just. Do it it's time to stop talking about it and just go out there and.
Speaker 6: Do it when you're, a guying you're out of the game and you watch the battle that this team hit has like today another comeback win against a very, good team what goes through? Your mind what do you see with the result of?
Speaker 4: This, team yeah this this team is full.
Speaker 7: OF dogs, i mean you have to be the bullpen to come in there and kind of just really hold it. Right there and for, THE bats, i mean, you know they can always. Swing in so we're now out of, a game and so seeing them kind of go and do that and kind of.
Speaker 4: Put like fight all the way back, right there it. Was awesome, all Right There's.
Speaker 5: Landon neck he is. Absolutely right it is time for him to just go out and. Do it he has been given every opportunity. This season i'm not talking about. Last year i'm talking about the present twenty twenty Five For. Landon neck he has been given every opportunity to find a spot in this rotation on a.
Speaker 4: Consistent basis and he's been given that opportunity because.
Speaker 5: Of injuries, Sasaki out tyler, Glassnow Out blake. Snell out, on paper there wasn't any room For Old landon neck in the inn when this. Season started they're Waiting For clayton kershaw to. Get healthy, on paper they had enough, starting pitching and it would be really hard for one of these young arms who they relied upon a lot last year that are.
Speaker 4: Still Healthy, Bobby Miller, Landon Nack.
Speaker 5: Justin robleski those three guys, in particular all three of them have been given opportunities to make starts. To pitch this was an outing now, eighth start tenth Appearance For landon nac And it's. June fifth he's been given a lot, of opportunity a lot of runway has been given to In Particular landon nack to go out there and compete, AND say i want to be a part of. This rotation i'm a young arm a lot, of veterans a lot of money being paid to, other pictures but those dudes are Hurt and i'm going to come In and i'm gonna be. The, Guy Hey gavin stone did it. Last year opportunity because, of injuries took advantage of that opportunity And the dodgers rode him every five days, to victories to.
Speaker 4: Deep outings now.
Speaker 5: It cost him because he hurt, his shoulder but he went out there and took full advantage of.
Speaker 4: The opportunity Land. AND neck i love. THE guy i think he's got a good makeup about him on. THE mound. I do.
Speaker 5: But you fall behind one to oh and you give up a, home run you fall behind two to zero in the count and you give up a home Run, To marte you've got to. Be better you've got to pound the. Strike zone you've got to, get ahead especially against a team Like The New, york mets who are a really good, hitting team and you now face him twice in your last. Three starts this is a good. Hitting Team With, Marte, Soto. ALONSO nimo i mean that's four of the guys in the lineup For. THE mets a Good hitting, mets team you cannot. Fall behind they will make you pay and land. AND neck i love to hear him finally say, enough enough, weight gain, weight, loss, velocity, Mechanics enough i've got to. Be better i've got to go out there and just. Do it, He's right he's. Absolutely right we've gotten beyond the point of, all right let's see what he.
Speaker 4: Can do, all right we'll nibble here on. Some pitches oh he's still trying to figure.
Speaker 5: It, out, no, no no we're beyond. That NOW and I think lennon that's got. THE makeup i think, he DOES and i believe. IN him i just want him to go out there and. Just, Attack attack go out there and attack the. Strike zone you did it Against the yankees when you're up nine, to nothing nine, to one they go on. And win eighteen, to two be that same picture and not afraid. To attack but you gotta get ahead in. The count, and again how many more opportunities are these young pitchers? Gonna get because, You know i'm looking in the mirror here a, little BIT and i Can See blake snell trending in the. Right Direction tyler glass now says he's getting better and. Feeling better the arm's not an, issue anymore the body's not.
Speaker 4: An issue he's gonna throw a bullpen session.
Speaker 5: This Week emmitt shean is Dealing, In Tripo oklahoma. City dealing he is back knock on wood from his elbow injury And The tommy. John surgery and if he continues to trend in this direction of, Building Up immit shean's gonna come knocking on the door and take one of these guys spot in.
Speaker 4: The rotation so they're gonna get.
Speaker 5: Healthy eventually and, oh yeah some guy Named Show hey otani's gonna start pitching After The all, Star break so the arms are gonna come back hopefully healthy and ready to Go, In, july August. And September And, roki sasaki by, the way will get healthy at. Some point so the opportunities may not be there for these young arms the second half of. The season god willing, No injuries so take advantage. Of, it now go out there.
Speaker 4: And deal.
Speaker 5: Be AGGRESSIVE and i kind of Like that Land and naxt, saying enough no.
Speaker 4: MORE excuses i gotta go out there and. Do it he's.
Speaker 5: Absolutely Right The dodgers bullpay went, out there only gave up one run and that came with two outs in the eighth inning On A peter alonzo rby.
Speaker 4: Guys single by, the way was?
Speaker 5: It Nine peter alonzo had nine RBIs in this four game series Against.
Speaker 4: The, dodgers again it's a.
Speaker 5: Good offense the team that went TO the nlcs, Last year let's not, just, say oh They're. The mets they spent a lot of Money To. Jon soto it's Just. The, mets no that's A good. Mets team by, the way it's a Really good. Yankees team by, the way it's A Fun homestand dodgers finished off this homestand four and three after taking two or three From the yankees and then a four game split With.
Speaker 4: The mets, all right s's go out to. The phones thanks for.
Speaker 5: Being patient Darryl in pasady to start, things off Here On dodger talk ON a fi seventy. Ice sports Ain't doing darren.
Speaker 9: Good.
Speaker 1: GAME today i love. The, GAME now i want to know what did you think, Was Better michael confordo getting the GAME winning rbi or tennis gott now blew. TO state, I mean i could not. Believe it how that was one of the best COME much i. Ever seen it, Was.
Speaker 5: GREAT darrel i appreciate the. Phone call i'm gonna phrase it, like this not blowing. The safe i'm, gonna say How About tanner scott going out there and dealing and attacking the strike zone and getting, two strikeouts one of them looking and being aggressive on the mount with a one, run lead, not afraid not trying to nibble on.
Speaker 4: The corners and try to be cute, with it attacking with. The fastball that Was The.
Speaker 5: Tanner scott they gave, four years seventy two million dollars To The tanner scott we Saw.
Speaker 4: On tuesday That's The.
Speaker 5: Tanner scott we want to keep seeing, eight, six, six nine eighty seven. Two five say we'll take a, time out we'll. Come back we'll get to more of your. Phone calls we hope to hear from, The Manager. Dave robbers they're already Hear from Dave, roberts, no no we did Hear From. Dave robbers did?
Speaker 4: We know we haven't Heard From. Dave robertson we'll hear.
Speaker 5: From the dodger manager. Coming up i'm Looking at. Colin e we've got a lot of postgame. Stuff here We've, got petro, some money, getting ready stretching, it out getting ready for a short day of great. Sports talk dodgers get the win Over, the mets six. To five they come back and do it with three runs in the Eighth And alex vessi of. The Win tanner scott picks up the safe is eleventh of. The season your phone calls when we. Come Back It's dodger talk ON a FI Seventy La sports live everywhere On the.
Speaker 4: iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 9: Am FIVE Seventy la sports be anywhere at, any time and you can hear past Episodes Of dodger talk all of.
Speaker 1: Those THINGS search.
Speaker 9: Am five to seventy on the. iHeartRadio app we're. Streaming online we stream every.
Speaker 4: Game too come.
Speaker 9: Find it Back To dodger TALK on am FIVE Seventy La, sports Conflorida looking Out and garrett out of.
Speaker 1: The stretch he'll deliver to him and it's.
Speaker 4: A base H until. I failed pyle has's gonna.
Speaker 2: Turn third he will score rounding second on his way to. Thirdest Freedom michael conforto will those firs yeph with a runner and scoring position since the Month, of march Puts the dodgers in the lead six.
Speaker 5: To Five michael confordo is biggest moment As a dodger, to date As the dodger left fielder comes through with a TWO out rbi single to left in the bottom half of the, eighth inning capping off a three run eighth off Of Reliever, reed garrett As the dodgers come back and Beat the mets six. To Five the dodgers did not homer in, this Game But daniel jewelers presents a home. Run forecast GO to n FIVE seventy la Sports dot com keyword home run for your chance to win a Fifty Dollars daniels jewelers gift card just for predicting the number of home runs in the. Next Game daniels jewelers own The dream Land and knack struggled to get into the. Fourth Inning the dodgers were down four to nothing.
Speaker 4: Before they scored three in. The Third will smith had a.
Speaker 5: Great afternoon he delivered WITH an rbi double in, the game then he came through with. A single earlier before that he drove in a pair. Of runs he scored a run in the. Eighth Inning the dodgers come back thanks to, their bullpen some, timely hitting in a little bit of help from some sloppy defense in the eighth inning on a rundown between third and home that was dropped on the throw by The, catcher alvarez Allowing will smith to score the tie, and run And Then michael confordo delivering his first hit with the runner in scoring Position since. March Thirty first wow comes through against his. Former team As the dodgers get the split With The New, york mets they lose the season series To The New, york mets so keep that in the back of your mind if a tiebreaker.
Speaker 4: Is happening later on in.
Speaker 5: The Postseason the dodgers play seven games Against. The mets they split this four, game series but remember they dropped two to Three In new York And, city field So the mets win the seven game series four games. To three Evan In santa monica is next up and been waiting patiently Here On dodger talk After a.
Speaker 4: DODGER win hoi, You? Doing evan heaven, go ahead you're on. The air.
Speaker 6: Have?
Speaker 5: Any?
Speaker 8: There, hey yeah can you?
Speaker 1: HEAR me i got you have and?
Speaker 10: Go.
Speaker 8: AHEAD awesome i was at the game in the past, four DAYS and i Gotta Say dave roberts is truly the manager of the year for what he has to put through every, single day making the right decisions and believing.
Speaker 11: In, his players Even having confordo in, that spot in such a special spot and letting him pull through and get that moment for, the team for him to put his hand up there being proud of, that moment being proud of. This team That's All dave roberts trust in his teammates to know that his players are going to do what it takes to get everything.
Speaker 8: Done Seam With tanner scott getting, that saves it just Shows that dave has the manager.
Speaker 11: Jerial skills to truly prove that he could take this team back To The. World.
Speaker 5: SERIES yeah i think If the dodgers get To The world SERIES and i appreciate the Phone, call evan and can win, another one it will be an even better job Than What dave roberts did. Year ago and think about the maneuvering that he had, to do his coaching staff had, to do the front office really for, that matter had, to do and all the ARMS that i. BROUGHT in, I Mean Brent honeywell junior will always relive in my mind on that twenty twenty. Four Team and i'll never forget that Series in detroit last year in Which the dodgers were desperate for. Starting pitching they were getting hit by the injury. Bug again the bullpen was, being taxed and it was going Into The all star break and They Signed Brent honeywell junior and his turtleneck to a.
Speaker 4: Deal and bring him in after he got dfa'd By. THE pirates i didn't Know Who Brent honeywell.
Speaker 5: Junior was and he comes in and he eats up innings for him in, that game and that role he really adapted to the second half of, the season even when he was on the, postseason roster a guy helping out off the field in workouts. In preparation that last year was just one of those Moves the dodgers went out and Made Acquiring Ur, brent honeywell the front office making the, right moves the, Coaching Staff, dave roberts knowing when to, use them when to bring guys out of, the bullpen and maneuvering that. Oral series this says at that, same field, and Folks it's june and he's already having to Maneuver Through, Jose Arenas, jack dryer who last year burst onto the scene dealing with the Injuries To kirby yates into the Shutdown Of, evan phillips and to not have those Arms Like michael Kopek and Bruce, dar gradol and to not have the starters Like A tyler glass Now And.
Speaker 4: Blake snell it's a lot, of.
Speaker 5: Maneuvering folks it's a lot of piecing together twenty seven outs every. Single game You Heard rick Monday and tim never talk about it in. The pregame it talks about in The First inuan landinak was out there and he threw ten pitches to have a one two Three first they. Said it They Need landon knack to go out there and go deep in. A game you can't keep having this groundhog day of a starting pitcher leaving the game in the second third fourth inning and having your bullpen have to pick up the pieces the rest of, the way have to figure out how to get, eighteen outs twenty. One outs it's just. Not sustainable talked about It In, april may and now here we Are in june fifth And the dodgers' bullpen today had to come in and combine for five and two. Third innings they had to do more work today than the starting.
Speaker 4: Pitcher did.
Speaker 10: It's not going to.
Speaker 5: Be sustainable that's why you're seeing a lot of names when the bullpen gate opens And a dodger reliever runs through and, you're, like oh who who?
Speaker 12: Is This.
Speaker 4: Julio Arena Or? Jose arena when did they Pick Up.
Speaker 5: Jose arena that kind of stuff happens more, and more going back to again the last year Of The brent honeywells of, the world and all of a sudden you're looking at Your lutrav, you, know, okay Well Who's?
Speaker 4: Ryan lutos who he's pitching For.
Speaker 5: The dodge that's because of the necessity Here in june already for guys to come in. And pitch Mark and Mission va hos next up Here On dodger Talk efter dodgers come from behind six to.
Speaker 4: Five win how you?
Speaker 12: Do, It mark Hey good, win today you set me, Up perfectly like you KNEW what i was going to. Talk about this is exactly what they did. Last year this is. A strategy this is what they. Do right they have guys that probably on other teams would be pushing the injuries or coming. Back earlier they're still in. First place they just go ahead and push it down the line a, little bit get their. Guys healthy this is a credit to, the organization to, the debt TO, the Gm To. Dave roberts they do a fantastic job managing this thing and they're going to be. Just fine all this talk about, not sustainable all these. Bullpen innings people aren't. Counting openers people aren't counting the fact that they're bringing in guys that will never pitch when, It matters and, you know people worry too much about that sort. Of thing so you set me. Up perfectly.
Speaker 4: Thank you, all right thanks, A.
Speaker 5: LOT mark i think it is something to, think about not necessarily. Panic about, but yes they've had a couple of openers. Start games but when you go back and look at what the lack of starting pitching has been For this dodgers team at the numbers exactly in front, of ME but i imagine they're near the bottom in baseball as far as total innings pitch by starters. This season at, one point going into the last, road Trip the dodgers relievers had pitched more innings Than the.
Speaker 4: Dodgers, starters okay it's it's. Not sustainable.
Speaker 5: It's not and that's why You're Seeing luke trevino's of the World And jose arenas of the world pitch, last Year The brent honeywells of the world pitch, In Games connor brogden pitch in games like he did a. Year, ago, yeah yeah they're hopefully they get healthy and the arms and names that you know and love and expect to be out there are Pitching In. September october that's of course, the, goal right. That's obvious that's what, you want that's where you want to be set.
Speaker 4: Up for so you do have to.
Speaker 5: PACE yourself i understand that that you can't go out there and have guys pitch, through soreness pitch through a nagging Injury, In april May.
Speaker 4: And june that's.
Speaker 5: Not smart but at the, same time you do look at where the number of starting pitchers hurt and bullpen relievers that. Are heard it's a big number For, the dodgers and they're gonna they're gonna not, only surpass they're gonna fly through the number from a year ago of pitchers used in. The season it's gonna be well north of forty folks, eight, six six nine, eighty seven two. Five, seven well go back out to the phones of The second let's go back Out To. Dodger stadium The Manager dave roberts earlier talking to the media after a six' five Win.
Speaker 4: Over the, mets you know get the.
Speaker 10: Game winning hit guys certainly, cheering for him feeling he's feeling the love and the support he's been, going through IT and so i think that it's a huge, exhale, for him hopefully, and you know you get on the road and have a little, bit of confidence expect some good things happen when, he's at bat and hopefully, it's you know we can look back and say this is a turning.
Speaker 9: Point for him now he talked about it just.
Speaker 3: It was yesterday some of those things you've been, seeing from, him any comics. He's really close with, the results today they infent he's even closer, TO locking.
Speaker 10: Something i think, so you know he's been working hard and we haven't seen that line ball to left field in, quite some time and that speaks to a direct path through the ball hitting the bad and the hitting zone for. A long time and so that was. A good THING and so i hope that. We've UNLOCKED something but i think most importantly there's a little there should be a little, bit more, confidence you know when we take, the field.
Speaker 6: Tomorrow usually sort of, TURN corner, HERE.
Speaker 10: I, do i, do you know and even you see in the swing in myth is the life, to the fastball and that's something, where you know for the most part, of this year there's been, some some contacts, some hard contact and so the last couple outings have. Certainly BEEN different so i kind of grew up in contact, For, there third yeah that Was, that was yeah the babble at home, plate not really, But you know andy fought to put the. Ball IN play but i do think that, that eighth inning there's a lot of really, good at Bats and certainly will's at Bat and even, tao who's, struggling but, still you know got willed to second, or third base and.
Speaker 7: So we.
Speaker 10: Found. A way today it, was bleak early but we persevered, And you know, Urina stepped up. Jack stepped up vessia came in and did. A nice job so and we. Finished the, TANNER so overall. I wasn't pretty it wasn't how we kind. Of scripted it but we'll take the home winning record at home during this homestand and. Split, that series yeah.
Speaker 5: It's not pretty but you take the win because you play one hundred and sixty, two of them and you put that one in. The win column because when everybody goes back to look at this season in the, game by game, they're, gonna say oh a Win on a Thursday Afternoon at dodger Stadium Against The, new york mets a six' five victory stop necessarily how. You got the win it's as important that. You got The win and the dodgers. Did exactly that Today after falling, behind ford to nothing they come back with, three in the third making a, four to three game hang around as five to three going to the bottom, of the eighth Inning And Then the dodgers mookie bets leads. Off The inning again mookie betts was two for two. With, two walks today okay. It doesn't look sexy.
Speaker 4: He doesn't hit the.
Speaker 5: Game Winning home run MOOKIE bets so at rbi double in the third he, started the scoring then and then he draws a lead off walk in the eighth to start. The Eighth Inning rally so mookie betts started it off both innings that you put up three runs. In THE eighth inning The Rbi double From Will smith scored, mookie bets from First and then the dodgers. With Two MORE runs michael kinforto's rbi single to left field gave him. The six five lead He Mentioned. The bullpen jack dryer two innings he came in and walked the first battery faced bases loaded one, out and, you thought oh no it's a. Four to Nothing game land and knack couldn't get, out of the Fourth And. Here comes jack Dryer Pregame, guest, to david vaz say we love him because. He collects Baseball Cards even though tops series two didn't put him, in the series yet, What, are you doing tops?
Speaker 4: What are you? Doing lead off walk but then he gets a strikeout and a fly ball to. Get out, of.
Speaker 5: It Job, well done jack dryer even though You Don't have, a tops baseball, Card Pitches two innings jose arena two, and a third innings gives up a. Run With two outs alex vessia gets the final, out of The Eighth and then tanner scott strikes out two in the ninth inning.
Speaker 4: To get the save, Let's wrap Things.
Speaker 5: Up antonio and fullerton is our Final Call here on dodgers talk as we get ready to Hand, Things, off to petrosi, Matt?
Speaker 4: How you, doing antonio, very happy, Very well.
Speaker 13: Doing good dodgers win how was at work listening on day IN five seventy apps, a little pissed, off Not gonna lie but dodgers managed to. Pull that One through that's.
Speaker 1: The dodgers for.
Speaker 13: You never give, up we're always. There ready to fight we're.
Speaker 5: All, in no doubt antonio thanks for listening while you. ENJOYED your workday today i think a lot of people. WERE doing that today i got at least one text from somebody who said they were. LISTENING in the office i imagine a lot of people were doing the same weather in an office, or out, driving around doing, deliveries heading the meetings just kind of do Whatever enjoy a little Dodger baseball, on a thursday afternoon and if, you were fortunate enough you got to Go out to, the dodger game today this final game of, this four game series final game with this seven game homestand and it ends on a Winning, note for the dodgers a six' Five victory Over, the, new york met so well that's Gonna Do it for postgame dodger talk HERE On A five Seventy La sports thanks, to colin ye of course the stud In The studio with the. Beach boys sweatshirt on today Thank you to all you dodger fans for being, a part of the, show whether you're calling In You're listening or Podcasting dodger. Talk on the iHeartRadio app dodgers Get, the win over the mets a six.' five come from behind win they get The. Four games split with the mets they go Four And three on. This all new york home stand remember they took two or Three over the weekend Against the yankees and With the, Giants helping out the dodgers today dodgers NOW Two.
Speaker 4: Games up in the nl west.
Speaker 5: Dodgers back at it tomorrow on the road as they Start A six Game Road. Trip Saint Louis And san diego wet Morongo Casino dodgers, on deck from bush Stadium, Tomorrow beginning at four pm pacific. First Pitch, At, five to fifteen, Brad paisley sorry. No time tonight maybe next time petrows, some money, show, coming up next so on everybody