Speaker 1: Alrighty diedy then Happy Monday, September thirtieth, the last Monday of September.
Speaker 2: We got a lot to talk about today and.
Speaker 1: Something is not probably not gonna sit with you well, but you know what, I'm going there today.
Speaker 2: I am going there, So come with me.
Speaker 1: Uncensored, unfiltered, tun hinged.
Speaker 2: E'sla Courell Cast.
Speaker 1: Listen daily on your favorite streaming service. It is the Crell Cast. I am carel Happy September thirtieth, the last Monday of September. October Tomorrow Solemn day here in Las Vegas tomorrow, the anniversary of the shooting at Mandela Bay. Also tomorrow, I'm going to be meeting with Representative Susie Lee's constituent staff members to talk about issues important to Grammy.
Speaker 2: It's called Music Advocacy Day. And this morning I.
Speaker 1: Was doing photos, so I'm partially made up, So excuse me if I'm like half in makeup, half out. I was trying to get out for the show, but right out of time. So anyway, so very glad you are joining me. Now.
Speaker 2: Today is going to be a show. It's going to be a show.
Speaker 1: Because I was having in conversations over the weekend, and I realized that we don't want to actually say out loud what the real problem with America is. And John Kerry got in trouble this weekend because he said that he feels there should be a ministry of truth of sorts, to you know, let people know what is real and what is fake. And we wouldn't, of course, have to do that unless and let me start with climate change. What is going I have never had more people in my life affected by one storm than Hurricane Helene. David and Toby are in Orlando. They got down trees and you know, some flooding. My friend Matt sidens And who's been on the show before, he's in Valdosta, Georgia, and I was with him on the phone when the hurricane hit one o'clock his time in the morning. It was terrifying. I was on FaceTime with him. Shingles of his roof were flying off, the front of his house was flying off, a tree branch came through the windows.
Speaker 2: I mean, it was terrifying.
Speaker 1: And Bruce Steele, who used to edit The Advocate magazine and who I became friends with, he edited my first book. They moved to Asheville, North Carolina, which has been destroyed. They are safe, their house, but they are safe, and Ashville is just it's terrible. It's just been destroyed. And anyone you know, Al Gore was right. I mean, we had a warning that this was gonna happen. And if I were in Star Trek and I were a future generation or a future alien civilization that comes to Earth and starts asking questions, my first question would be, you knew this was happening. You knew it was going to happen, but you didn't do enough to stop it, nor did you build to adapt to it.
Speaker 2: Why not?
Speaker 1: And the answer is going to be, well, A because the people with money didn't want us to, and B because it would inconvenience people. If we made the changes in the timeframe that we are supposed to make, people's lives would be just excuse me, would be disrupted. And they're going to look and say so, because you wanted the rich people to stay rich and you didn't want to inconvenience your population, you allowed all of this to happen. And the answer is going to be yes, and they're going to say what the entire focus of the show today is, which is well, that's just stupid. That's stay it with me, that's just stupid. And you see, nowadays you can't call someone fat because you're body shaming, and you can't call someone stupid. They won't even let you do it on social media. They pull the quote. But there's a great book called The Marching Morons by an art an author named Cornbluth. He wrote science fiction in the fifties and sixties, mostly pulp fiction, the stuff that's in the books at the that used to be at the books at the drug stores. And in the Marching Morons, it's the very distant future and Earth is basically devastated, and it's devastated because of the idiots, like in idiocracy, and there aren't enough smart people in power to change the idiots, and they have bred war and violence and aggression out of their society. So they wake up a guy from the nineteen sixties that got cryo frozen, and he's of course devious enough to come up with a plan. And his plan in The Marching Morons is to take the debris that's left of the cities and build spaceships. Does this sound familiar and tell everybody that they're going to go vacation on Mars for free. Does this sound familiar? And the morons line up, get on the spaceship and get sent out into space, not to Mars, but to die. The people on Earth are so stupid they never question that. No one ever comes back. They keep lining up, and soon Earth is idiot free and the educated can begin the process of rebuilding the planet without the idiots in their way.
Speaker 2: Of course, the end of the book, they send the guy that.
Speaker 1: Thought it up out into space, and when he questions why, they say, well, we couldn't have someone that could think this up on planet Earth.
Speaker 2: Now I want you to think about that.
Speaker 1: Does sound It was written in the fifties, and we are in that society not solving climate change, making it the number one. Over the weekend I read a great essay by someone who is involved in deciding about wars, who fights them, where and when? And he said, the biggest threat to humanity isn't Ukraine, isn't Russia, isn't even the Middle East as it explodes. It's climate change and we know it. The signs are all around us. This hurricane and a lean killed one hundred people. We have cities that are devastated and destroyed. And what's gonna be our response. None. We're not gonna build new cities in different places like al Gore said we've had to do. We're not gonna move entire communities like it is obvious we need to do, Hello Miami. We're not gonna do it because people with money don't want us to, and because it would inconvenience too many people. That's stupid. We are not going to phase out all fossil fuel by twenty thirty, which is a generous amount of time. We should have already phased it out. But we're not going to phase it out by twenty thirty because the oil industry won't let us. Politicians are in bed with the oil industry. And people refuse to be inconvenience. They they have to have their car, They refuse to wait while public transportation gets built. They refuse to take a bicycle or walk or take a bus.
Speaker 2: Please refuse.
Speaker 1: And people, if we have a future, are gonna look back and go say it with me. That's just stupid. It is stupid that we have not halted everything, just stopped everything and rebuilt it from the ground up. You know, over the weekend and I realize my show now is more of a conversation with you, and I welcome your comments in the chatroom at YouTube dot com, Forward slash Really, Correll. I welcome your comments down below at YouTube dot comforward slash Really Carrell, and of course my patrons who I love and adore at patreon dot com. I get to your comments first, so Patreon dot com, Forward slash Really Correll, And I know that you look around and think the same thing I do, which is there is so much going on that is just stupid. It's just stupid. There's no other way to describe it. And yet we can't describe it that way because it would be insulting to people having guns be the number one thing that kills our children after claiming to love our children and want to protect our children, and having guns be the number one killer of them, and then we don't get rid of guns. That's just stupid. It's not politics, it's just stupid. We have become a very stupid society, and we act like all the things that we have right now, all the ways that we do things right now are divine, are etched in stone, have to stay that way when it's us who invented it all. We act like the monetary system has to stay the way that it is, even though it benefits only the wealthy, because it's always been that way. We act like cars and fuels and and transportation has to stay the way it is because since it was invented, it's always been that way. We act like our policy on guns has to stay the way it is because some guys two hundred years ago wrote a sentence and a document that they fully intended to be amended. That's just stupid. Donald Trump being a credible candidate for president of the United States, people are going to look back and say, you actually let this man run for office. You gave credibility to the party that presented him. You let them be in Congress, you let them be in the Senate. You let these people be in power. You didn't change the voting system so it went to the popular vote, so these people could be voted out. You left this antiquated electoral college in so perhaps someone that the whole population doesn't want can Actually, it's happened so many times now. Hillary beat him in the popular vote. She would be president. Al Gore beat George W. Bush in the popular vote even without Florida, but the electoral College, they're going to look back and say, so, you realize that these people and this system was crippling you, but you didn't change it. Now, part of that is we the people, the poor, people, the not the one percent, not the millionaires.
Speaker 2: Most of you are not millionaires, and the people that are.
Speaker 1: Not millionaires feel like we can't win against the wealthy when there's only in the entire world less than one million people that we'd have to deal with. Out of eight billion people, eight hundred and thirty eight of them basically run the entire economy, and we act like there's nothing we can do to those eight hundred and thirty eight people. Elon Musk can just pit on everybody, say whatever he wants to say, influence elections, do whatever he wants to do, and no one does a thing to him, as in tax him into a different tax bracket. We are dying. The middle class is going away, and all the tools that we need to rebuild it are right in front of them, but we can't access them because the wealthy don't want us to. We no longer are anything but a working class of consumers, and we don't educate people any more the public schools. People in the future are going to look back and go, you saw that your society was becoming dumber and dumber. Trump supporters are as stupid as a rock, and that's being detrimental to rocks, and we do nothing about that. Children today are coming out of school less educated than fifth graders, and we do nothing about it.
Speaker 2: Because the rich want the poor poor.
Speaker 1: They want them poor and stupid because poor, stupid people do what the rich tell them to do. Go work your entire life for a small wage, have horrible health care, die early, just so you can consume, so you can spend money and make us rich. What other purpose do Americans have these days than buying things after nine to eleven? What did they say, go shopping? What purpose do Americans have? What purpose do we as a culture serve other than making the wealthy richer? What purpose do we serve really? What purpose does your job really serve? Unless you're a doctor, a lawyer, a first responder, you're just a paper pusher for a rich or you just sell a product for rich companies that you can't afford. For the most part, what purpose do we have in today's world other than to buy things. I'd love to read your comments at YouTube dot com, forward slash, Reallycrell, YouTube dot com, forward slash Really Corell. I'd love to hear what you have to say. The whole show is focused on the fact that we have become a.
Speaker 2: Really stupid race.
Speaker 1: Trump v. Harris is stupid. There is just no comparison bold and yet it's just dumb. It's dumb that he's even said he's allowed to run stupid. I'd like to hear your comments fell what other things.
Speaker 2: You look at and say?
Speaker 1: What you say that just stupid. It's just Correll here, and I'd like to take a moment to thank all the at Patreon. Your support means the absolute world to me and the show. If you'd like to show your support for the crazy endeavors of the Corel Cast, then please go to Patreon dot com, forward slash really Corell. That's Patreon dot com, forward slash, really Corell, and please help get those numbers up by subscribing to the YouTube channel YouTube dot com, Forward slash, Really Corell. There's so much great free content there, it's like having a network on your TV, phone or tablet. All social media is really Corel, including threads and Instagram, and don't forget the website that's had it all all along, Really Correl dot com. Without your support, the show simply doesn't work. So please listen on all streaming services, watch and subscribe on YouTube, and support the show through Patreon at patreon dot com. Forward slash really Correl thanks from thirty years of support to the loudest, craziest, most unhinged gay guy and his little dog. And let's keep the party going as long as we can. So stupid to be amazed or stunned from the origin of Latin thanks to the chatroom at YouTube dot com.
Speaker 2: Forward slashually Correll is the word of the day.
Speaker 1: That's just stupid. A healthcare system that prioritize wealth that serves saves the best care for the wealthy.
Speaker 2: A healthcare system that allows.
Speaker 1: People like ozempic their seller to sell that drug for twenty one hundred dollars a month over here, but one hundred dollars a month in Europe. That's just stupid.
Speaker 2: You just tell them no, you know, we act like we haveten to go.
Speaker 1: I love when they say Medicare has to negotiate with big farmer.
Speaker 2: Fuck it does. Just tell big farmer.
Speaker 1: This is what we're paying and if you don't allow it, we're going to nationalize. If drugs are so important to the health of America, then the government should take over drug manufacturing. Otherwise, it's just stupid. It is stupid that the medical care industry is for profit.
Speaker 2: That's really stupid.
Speaker 1: That is like one of the most stupid things that happens in America. That healthcare and education are both for profit. That is just stupid. Not building roads that can withstand the weather that's happening is stupid. Not building transportation or electronics to where you know, Why don't we all have satellite phones by now? Why do we rely on cell phones? That's ridiculous. Look in Ashville, they can't get the seales services out one weather event and everybody's cut off. That's just stupid. The rich aren't cut off. They've got satellite phones. They can call whoever they want. It's stupid that we don't have access to these things because we are not as wealthy as them. That's just dumb. It's dumb that we're still using fossil fuel for our cars. It's dumb that we don't nationalize the food industry. That we don't say to the food industry, you've been for profit long enough, we're setting a cap on your profits. You cannot make more than twelve percent profit period period. If you mark your products up so you make more than twelve percent, we're taking that money and we're putting it back into the community. It's dumb that we allow food to be for profit and we make people beg and grovel to get two hundred dollars a month in food stamps, which won't even feed them. Social programs are stupid. Medicare and social Security is stupid. Someone works their whole life, they make eighty ninety K a year, and that's not enough to save up for retirement, by the way, But when they go on Medicare, suddenly they make twenty thousand a year. That's not any kind of retirement or any kind of augmenting for retirement. That's stupid. Someone's making one hundred K a year and they have to go on Social Security disability and they end up making twenty or thirty K a year. That's stupid. Whoever set that up was just an idiot. All of these things that we do every day, three hours in a car to go to a job that gives you money that you don't have enough of to use for anything. That's stupid. Every time I tried to look over the weekend at something in our society that wasn't stupid, I really I couldn't find anything. It all benefits the wealthy. None of it benefits Again, what is your purpose as an American? What is your purpose to consume and to vote? But it and then I don't even really need you to vote anymore. That's stupid. The fact that MAGA has given a voice. We all complain about mainstream media. We have an FCC, we have a governmental agency that regulates what goes out over the airwaves, but we do nothing to Fox News, Newsmax, O A N. And that is not freedom of speech. It's stupid to think that Fox News being allowed is freedom of speech. It is not. It is detrimental, it is harmful. That's not saying cancer should be able to roam through your body because it's freedom. Let the cancer roam. It's free. You know, you gotta let cells live. That's stupid. It's stupid that white men are making healthcare choices for women. People are going to look back on that and say, wait, but there's more women than men. There's fifty two percent women. How is it that these men are able to dictate to these women. That's just stupid. It's stupid that we let nine people in robes serve for life and be ideologues and decimate our country. That's just stupid, because we could change that. The Supreme Court is not divine. God did not step down and say thou shalt have a Supreme Court. That is so ridiculous.
Speaker 2: We could abolish it.
Speaker 1: We could do it. Ever, we could crumple up the Constitution and throw it away if we wanted to. We wrote it, humans did it. It is not some divine thing from the Lord. Poverty, according to Mandela, is man made and only man can solve it. It's stupid that there are people in this country that have to live out of doors. It's stupid that they have to starve. That's just dumb. We have plenty of room, plenty of housing. No one should be on the streets. It's just dumb. But they're there because rich people don't benefit from helping them. Nothing happens our society if rich people aren't going to benefit, And that's just stupid. Today's whole theme that's just stupid. People like Ben Shapiro. You know what, that's just stupid that anyone would follow that person, would listen to that person. No educated person would listen to Donald Trump. Not one educated person would go to a Trump rally and sit through the entire thing.
Speaker 2: Nobody, even the idiots, are leaving.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: It's pretty bad.
Speaker 1: But no intelligent person would sit and they do. And that's what's even worse. That intelligent people do what stupid people want.
Speaker 2: Them to do.
Speaker 1: Intelligent journalists sit across from Donald Trump and act like he's a credible human being. That's just stupid. No intelligent journalist with a brain should interview that man. You don't interview the head of the KKK. You don't interview you know. I mean to just ridiculous that smart people sit around and indulge all of this, which is why we're going down the path. And all of this came up because I was surveyed over the weekend. I did not like the questions. I was very angry about it. It's my fourth survey, and on all four surveys, there was one question, do you feel the country is headed in the wrong direction? That was one of the questions, and I thought, what do they mean? Wrong direction? Wrong direction to me is not the same as wrong direction to MAGA. Wrong direction to MAGA means accepting diversity, accepting gay people, accepting migrants, working towards a greater good, empowering the middle class, lowering I mean.
Speaker 2: You know the wait, that wasn't Maga.
Speaker 1: Sorry Maga, Well, no, that's yes, it's that to them, that's the wrong direction. The wrong direction to them is drag queens in society, or trans people getting the care they need, or a woman being able to make her own health care choices, or gay people not being beaten killed subjected to laws that no one else is. To MAGA, that's the wrong direction. The wrong direction to me is Donald Trump and what MAGA believes in. So the question do you feel the country is going in the wrong direction? Well, if I feel it's going towards MAGA, then I'm gonna say yes. If MAGA thinks it's going towards the woke, so they're going to say yes. So everyone's going to say yes to that question. But it's the question is flawed. They should ask why do you feel the country is going in the wrong direction? And I would say right out loud, idiot. A preponderance of une educated Americans, which is not an accident. The A and usay is not for accident. We have defunded schools, made students just worry about.
Speaker 2: Being killed all day long.
Speaker 1: We do not value science, art, literature in or out of schools, the humanities, the things that make us human, that make us smart, and now being educated, liking the arts, liking literature, all.
Speaker 2: Of that is now frowned upon.
Speaker 1: We have a world where if you write something over one hundred and sixty characters, it's considered too long. They just recommended to me that all pop songs in the future be two minutes and thirty seconds because of people's limited attention spans. Articles in newspapers and magazines that used to be thousands of words long are now five hundred words. For fear, no one will root. We are dumbing down and it's working. It's working, and we are surrounded by idiots on all levels. The people who design our cities are idiots. Anyone who builds in Las Vegas and uses concrete and doesn't use solar power and doesn't have a water recycling, that's just stupid. And yet they're letting it happen. Not having desalinization plans in California and in Nevada is just stupid. The oceans are rising, we need the water, we're not using it. That's just stupid. Not making all energy renewable starting in like twenty thirty, where everybody's energy comes from the wind, geo, thermal, the sun, it's just stupid to continue to boil water to make steam to create energy. That's just stupid. I want I think I'm gonna make T shirts and market them that says say it with me. That's just stupid and stupid. Is as stupid does. You cannot argue with me about any of this stuff. It is all stupid, ignorant, uneducated. Look at the TV shows that people watch, the most uneducated people, the Real Housewives of This, the Cardcter. These are uneducated idiots and the only reason they're being watched is because they're wealthy. Well, let's emulate the worst among us continually. That's just stupid. So I want all of us to look around and see how we can educate ourselves, our relatives, our children, our community.
Speaker 2: Because if we.
Speaker 1: Don't have a mass education movement, if we don't stop dumbing down and knowledge up. Then you know what we're doomed. I don't want to hear about one hundred and sixty word countable. I want to hear people writing thesism let and I want longer, not shorter. I don't want schools to be the way they are anymore. I want kids to actually learn something, things that are useful, things like how to have a home, how to pay bills, how to do the stock market, how to go grocery shopping. I could care the fract less that they learned some of the stuff they learned. They need to learn real things, history, real history, arts, literature, They need to read books.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 1: We have done down so much. I don't know that we can knowledge up. I really don't. We're headed for the world of the marching morons, where the very educated are gonna and the rich already have their enclaves in New Zealand and Hawaii. They're building the enclaves off of the money they get from us. Our only purpose now is to work and to spend money so the rich can prepare for when it all falls apart, so that they survive it.
Speaker 2: And that's what's happening.
Speaker 1: We are building them their future off of our backs.
Speaker 2: While we fall.
Speaker 1: Our health, our mental health, our air quality, the earth attacking us on all front and no one does anything about it because.
Speaker 2: We're uneducated, we're poor.
Speaker 1: I am PRELLVI who you want to be talk about anybody will be back to the porrow too. The FIGR comments down below at YouTube dot comports, that's really Corella, Patreon dot com forts, that's really corell become a big broadcasting from a completely different point of view yours. Listen daily to the Corral cast on your favorite streaming service.