Speaker 1: Follow five at the five k r C the talk station Friday es Uh, he may, I quite often do not, and I hope you're having a wonderful Friday. Brian Thomas right here. Glad to be, glad to see Joshrecerory belongs in the Executi producer booth, and glad to see the Todd Zendsers joining the program in studio. Our own citizen Watchdog, the Inspector General of the City of Cincinnati. Not really his title, but that's kind of what he's acting like. He's looking into the Shenanigans. What's going on?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Got the latest episode of Citizen Watchdog podcasts. They strongly encourage you to check out what Todd has to say. He has definitely got an eagle eye. Uh. The well obviously dysfunction in the city of Cincinnati. Today we'll talk with Todd about gun violence in the city. Topic of conversation a lot this week, beginning with Christopher Smithman and FOP President Ken Favor earlier this week on Monday. Since a pension liability, Yeah, we've got one of those. Fortunately, we're not as bad off as Illinois. Man, what a train wreck Illinois as If you read anything about their pension problems. We'll alt's talk about mismanagement and a lack of accountability from city leaders maintenance of the city's fleet. They don't care about that. Connected communities or not, as the case may be here, you must do connected communities zoning unless you're hyde parking, which case we're not going to let you steer the direction of your own future. In terms of zoning, We're gonna tell you we're waving connected communities for a well connected developer to build a massive, monstrous hotel in spite of your objections to it. Yeah, well that'll be on the ballot anyway. Green Cincinnati Plan also a big thing for our elected officials in the city, to the exclusion of other perhaps higher priorities for those that they represent the constituents, like safe communities for example. Get to that topic in just a minute. Aaron Weiner, a member of the Clifton Community Council, about the street takeover that happened in Clifton the other day. Really awful situation, a bunch of kids running amok. And actually there was one of those incidents that happened just the other day in Summit County. Five people shot ten run over during a mass gathering at an Ohio school parking lot having on Monday morning. It's in the Akron area. One hundred to one hundred and fifty people, mostly teens, mingling around a parking lot having a party outside the Mazing Community Learning Center, not permitted to be on the property for what they called impromptu get together, courting police three o'clock in the morning, going back to where are your children, Joe, When you were fourteen, would you mom and dad let you out till at three o'clock in the morning. Absolutely not. Yeah, that would have been my parents response, Why are you out of your mind?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: What could possibly be going on? That's good? At three o'clock in the morning. It's all captured on surveillance that a large crowd running taking cover. His shots were fired. Five people between the ages of fourteen and twenty shot and taken to the hospital stayed in the obvious Akronmayor Seamus Mallet quote, teenagers have no business being out partying at three am. We need parents in our community to work with us to ensure that children are home when they need to be. Boy, if only more people followed that simple advice. They also said ten people got run over or hit by cars trying to leave the party. Thankfully, the victims suffered non life threatening injuries and maybe a wake up called to the parents. Jeez, Louise. Anyway, street takeover going on here as well. Aaron will be talking about that. Aaron's also running for since City Council, the Charter Committee candidate he is, and the Charter Committee still around. Great alternative to the Democrats. Jay Ratliff I heard media aviation expert Jay Ratliffe at eight thirty got TSA making a major announcement about shoes. We won't have to take our shoes off anymore. Apparently British Airways passenger forced to endure a seven hour delay on the ground because of a mechanical situation. That is absolute torture. It's one of the reasons why I really detest flying. Situations like that lightning strike triggering a fire, suppressing foam at Spirit Airlines hangar and a battery fire. A passenger had some sort of device and enforced adulta flight to make an emergency landing. Plus we always get an update on hub delays. Love hearing from you. If there's something you like to talk about, feel free to call five one three, seven, four, nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two to three, Talk Time five fifty on eight and t phones press conference yesterday. Yes, actually addressing crime here in the City of Cincinnati, City Manager share A Long said, the red bike and the Bird and Limes scooter device, remember we've banned They shut down the operation of those over the July fourth weekend because well, they were trying to use that as an experimental level to see if taking away transportation like red bikes and e scooters would reduce crime in the downtown area. Well, they said it proved to be a success and eliminating the type of incidents people have struggled with. As the words of City Manager share A Long, thank you to the inquires Quinlan Bentley for reporting. Long said, the restrictions are going to kick in again. That will be this Friday. I guess yeah, today's a tenth man time flyes by will be tomorrow and twelve Saturday, eight pm until six am, and then the city will continue to assess the restrictions on a week by week basis. Again. They described the first restriction as a trial effort by city leaders to combat a recent rising crime across Cincinnati, particularly in the urban cores. They also created roving Task Force. Police Chief Fiji commented about that yesterday as well. At this meeting regarding crime, Long express concerns about these bikes and scooters being used to commit crimes and help purpse escape from the police. She said, they're being used to more efficiently commit property crimes, steal guns, and create quality of life issues. They themselves are not the issues, meaning the bikes and the scooters, nor are the vast majority of people who ride them safely, but they become a useful tool for a criminals intent on causing harm. Bikes, they say, we'll still be able to be rented during the daytime hours and at night as long as you're outside of the downtown and over the Rhine areas. If you leave the urban core with a bike during usable hours, you can return the bike to the dock, but you won't be able to take one out. As far as the East scooters are concerned, apparently they have an agreement with the city, these companies that run them restricting where those scooters can be ridden, as well as when they can be rented and how fast they go. So they're already restricted. Apparently from being running between eleven pm and six am all week long. So this is just a extension of that restriction. The question whether it'll do any good or not, huh. And you know, it kind of answered the question I had the other day. Police Chief Diji at this press conference talking about, you know, the task force and everything else they're trying to do to sort of put a stop to the growing crime problem we have in the in the downtown area, she said the task force recovered twelve firearms, two of which were stolen. From June eighth to July fifth. There were more than two hundred and fifty thefts from vehicles in the city between the eighth and the fifth, or of June eighth and the fifth, basically one month, two hundred and fifty fifth from vehicles in the city. Thirty four firearms taken during those thefts. And that may prove to be the answer to my question because I asked Joe the other day, when you were fourteen, did you have four or five hundred dollars laying around to go out and buy your own glock, assuming you could buy one at that age, even though you're not old enough to own one or buy one. I'm sure there are places where they can find them. They might be able to find them because they're stolen out of vehicles. The said where the firearms come from to paint a broad brush socceeoeconomic reality of people who might run around or randomly, you know, engaging in gunplay downtown shooting in the crowds of people randomly. Don't know who they are, don't know where they come from, don't know how much money they make, but safe to say probably not a lot of additional disposable income. So my advice would be, don't leave your firearm in your vehicle. I think they probably have figured out where you stow them. Maybe under the seed, maybe it's in the glove box, maybe it's someplace else. But you know, there's only so many places you can stash a firearm in your car, And I figure, if they're going to break into a car anyway, they're probably going to do a pretty thorough job looking around for stuff that they want, like firearms. City manager Long said the stolen guns commonly use the commission of crimes. Every single weekend, guns are being stolen from cars every single weekend. Those guns are used to commit crimes to cause harm. So let's put an end to that. Something we can easily do. Don't leave your firearm in your car. I know that doesn't solve the problem for folks. I status of the law murky on that one. I was thinking of folks like going to dinner, they leave their firearm in their car. They go to dinner, they don't take it with them because they're going to be consuming alcohol. Presumably not enough alcohol to impair you so that you're driving under the influence of alcohol. But you obviously can't take your firearm into the bar restaurant when you're consuming, so you got to leave it someplace, perhaps locking it in the trunk. Maybe that's a better option for you. I don't know, but it's something you need to think about because property crime is going through the roof and downtown Cincinnati, and I don't think taking red bikes off the street during specific hours over the weekend is going to stop that from happening. Five fifteen fifty five krs The talk station five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two to three, Taco a ton five fifty on eight and T Funds love to hear from you. You've got something to talk about. Please feel free to call. I'll be right back after these brief words.
Speaker 4: This is fifty five KARC and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: Must be summer time and the days are just flying by. A special thanks already made to listener lunch yesterday Wandering Monsters Brewery. I really enjoyed myself. Always do my submariner friend Cribbage Mike, I won again. That's four times in a row. I'm on a winning streak. Couldn't believe it. His grandson gave me good luck but great seeing everybody, and a special extra special shout out to my friend Kevin. The barbecue master. Made me some pastrami and some bacon, and some pastrami bacon and other smoked meats. Oh my god, it was so good. We had Pastrami's ruben sandwiches for dinner last night. Just a little extra perk. And yes, some days it's really really good to be me. When Kevin shows up with barbecue, it's a good day. God bless you, Kevin. Anyhow, if I went three seven, four nine two three, talk pound five fifty on eight and t funds all. By the way, A Wandering Monsters makes a really great IPA. It has a terrible name though, guys over at Wandering come on, double Cheese Coney, I think was the name of it. I asked the owner the brewmasters, like, does it taste like chili? Because I don't want I mean, there's so many weird beers out there these days, it wouldn't shock me they have a beer out there that tastes like a Skyline three way or something. Nope, that's just the name of it. So you know, if you have to do some explaining before you drink a beer or selected based on the name, I think maybe it might be a good time to change it. But it was a double ipa and it was just outstanding, So really good beers a dull Wandering Monster, So cheers of them, and thanks for the great customer service. We really enjoyed ourselves, at least I did. Anyway, Just an out loud question, not going to run down the road necessarily, but does anybody find the whole Epstein file thing kind of kind of weird? Suspicious? I mean we were told previously that. I guess BONDI had the stack of information sitting on her desk and she tried to backpedal around that. The other day the client list was what was specifically asked of her. It's laying on my desk waiting for me to review it, and then comes out the other day say nothing else will be handed out. There isn't anything to see here. It's all child born and we're of course not going to release childborn. I get that, But there were so many victims and so many perpetrators. You know, it wasn't just Epstein having sex with underage girls. It was all those that surrounded him. And we've heard some of the names and some of the details of others. Aren't those prosecutable offenses? Was there nothing else there to be to be seen? And then the other component of this is and not to be critical of Donald Trump, And he got really, like me, think the lady doth protests too much, kind of irritated when he was asked about this by a reporter the other day. What are you still talking about that that was years ago? Well, you know, it's a rather controversial issue swirling around this guy. He rubbed shoulders with some of the most famous people on the earth, from Hollywood celebrities to the moguls and big corporations. He was busted himself for for for molesting children, and of course we understand they continue to do it based upon the evidence they found. He had multiple cameras in all of his buildings, and everyone suspected that was used for blackmail purposes. But I think Trump got a little over the over the line though with his response, but being angry to having that question asked of him. We've got so much going on in the world. I can't believe you're focusing on that. Well, you know, it's a question of one's priorities. Reporters don't have to go with what the big, giant, you know, huge story is that particular day. And I thought this was I expose it's a rather prominent story for her to come out and say, no, nothing to see here, There is no list, that's it. It's over so and obviously it has cost all kinds of reaction, kind of a little more well angrier than I am about the whole thing. I just I scratched my head and puzzle over it more than get angry or just you know, assume that they're lying to me. It's easy come to that conclusion these days. Is it over the bones? We go, Let's do what Jay's guy, Jay, thanks for calling this morning. Happy Friday Eve to you of my friend.
Speaker 5: Hey, Happy Friday, Brian.
Speaker 1: A nice job.
Speaker 5: Really well done you and Joe on that the interview you did with Dan Law with the attorney yesterday resuming the Cleveland Brown's gift of six hundred million dollars for taxpayers unclaimed funds.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wish you all the luck in the world of that one.
Speaker 5: Well, I think there might be a way that we can help the case. Back in April or May, I submitted a fraud waste and abuse hot I got under fraud waste and abuse hotline and reported a six hundred million dollars of taxpayer money was given to a private business and told him it was the Cleveland Browns, and they got back to me. I got a phone call because I think they're obligated to call you back, and they said, yeah, we talked about it at staff and decided that we're not going to pursue this. I said, well, who is we, what staff meeting and by what standard did you decide that this wasn't worthy of pursuing. They wouldn't give me any of those answers. I kept pressing, and they said, if you want to pursue this. You can hire an attorney because we are here to defend the Ohio state government. I said, no, your job is to protect Ohioans, Yeah, from fraud, waste, and abuse. Asked to talk to that person's supervisor.
Speaker 1: They got on the line.
Speaker 5: They read from the same card that said that if I wanted to pursue this, I could hire an attorney, but they are there to defend the Ohio government. I said, wrong, let me talk to your boss.
Speaker 2: Took three.
Speaker 5: Finally, the third person I talked to agreed with me. I said, it's not your job. The Ohio Attorney General's Office is the top law enforcement office, and your job is to protect Ohioans from government broad waste and abuse.
Speaker 6: Yes, that's correct, I said.
Speaker 5: You need to do some training in your office, and you need to explain to me why you're not going after this. Well, the legislation hasn't passed yet. I said, it doesn't matter if the legislation hasn't passed yet. If six hundred million dollars a tax payer money is going to a private business, you guys need to pursue this or tell me why, or tell me that it's constitutional. Anyways, here's my recommendation. I think we help our case by listeners light up that fraud waste and abuse hotline, so that perhaps the attorneys at dan Law can find that and say, look, it was right here that there was multiple cases reported, hundreds of cases of fraud, waste and abuse reported to the Attorney General's office, and you decided that you didn't want to pursue this and strengthened the case, and I wanted to get your opinion on it as an attorney.
Speaker 6: Would that or would that not help the case?
Speaker 1: H Honestly, I don't know that it necessarily would. Just because the phone's light up, given a campaign to light the phones up, it doesn't mean anything. I mean I can call and make a complaint. That doesn't mean it's legally justifiable or valid. Your points are well taken, but in terms of evidence, in their case, they're making a constitutional argument that this is a taking of private property for the purpose of giving it to a private individual, which is for strict which is unconstitutional. So that has nothing to do with I think independent calls for fraud wasting abuse into the hot while, but I don't think it hurts.
Speaker 5: And I was telling them that I didn't believe it was constitutional, and they did not tell me. They weren't able to come back and say no. But it's this section, article whatever on the Ohio Constitution allows us. They never came back, No.
Speaker 1: They couldn't. The Age told the wine to Vito the provision, arguing that it was bad policy, but they didn't do a breakdown, a legal breakdown of whether it was lawful or unlawful. And I think the silence on that specific legal analysis speaks volumes. I think it suggests very strongly that the Attorney General's office believed it is unlawful, unconstitutional taking a private property. So yeah, it's yeah, yeah, but it's easy, a delicate, you know, obviously a delegate position. I mean, he's got to go after his boss and file a lawsuit against his boss because of the unconstitutional nature of that six hundred million dollars. So he tried to get into veto. It didn't happen. So either he claims there's a conflict of interest and hands it off to somebody else to do it, or the Dan Law firm moves forward with its private action and ultimately I think will succeed. So I said it's a summary judgment issue because it's simply a question of law. There are no disputed facts going on here, nothing that discovery needs to reveal. There's the line in the budget that's where it says we're giving six hundred million dollars. That's where it shows where the money's coming from the Unclaimed Property fund. It's all right there, black and white. No facts at issue, just a simple question of law. Is it lawful to do that? Appreciate it? Jay, I have no problem with people lighting the phones up like that. It's five twenty eight. More local stories coming up of them. We got the stack is stupid.
Speaker 4: I'll be right back fifty five KRGV talk station.
Speaker 1: Five point thirty two and a very happy Thursday too, called Friday. Even if you prefer five three seven nine fifty eight two to three talk found fight for search party over that. Without that, we're going to go to the local story. If we go to Hamilton County Sheriff's Office announcement yesterday, standing there with a Wyoming police department investigating after a shooting in Wyoming turned deadly. According to the Sheriff's office, police units called it the intersection at Burns and Washington Avenues about ten till four in the afternoon for reports of shots fired. Got there. Cruise found a single mail victim with a gunshot wounded the left shoulder, taking the UC Medical Center where he died from his injuries. Please say this is an isolated incident that multiple suspects flood on foot from the scene. Sheriff's Office Criminal Investigation Section leading the investigation officials withholding the name of the victim until his family had been notified. Han't seen any updates on that since then. Channel five local News reporting. Thank you Chloe Keith. Any boy with information please call the Sheriff's tip line five one three five eight six fifty five thirty three or five one three eight two five fifteen hundred. Nineteen year old dead this after a crash involving a motorcycle and a semi happened yesterday in Sharonville. William Lobker, nineteen years old of Milford, died of the scene of the crash on the on ramp from I seventy five South to inter City two to seventy five corner of the State Highway Patrol twelve thirty in the afternoon. Loveker on his twenty nineteen Ninja Ninja six hundred when osp City hit the rear end of the semi as it merged onto the on ramp on I two seventy five eastbound. No more on it than that. Otherwise say that the crash remains un investigation. No word on whether mister Loker was wearing a helmet or anything else in that matter. But a quick opportunity for me to remind you, if you have a ten dollars head, at least put it in a ten dollars bucket. A sense in driving riding around without a helmet on, And trust me, I know the freedom of riding without a helmet. I just appreciate how dangerous it is. Twenty five year old driver under arrest on charges she led a state trooper on a quote very slow and short close quote pursuit stayed. Highway patrol said, come I out. Wiley of Mason booked into the Warren County Jail four o'clock in the morning Tuesday on charges of fleeing and eluding and obstructing official business. Came to the attention of trooper checking speeds on I seventy one near Kings Mills Road early Tuesday. Gordon Sergeant Tyler Ross, spokesperson for the osp driving in her twenty four Nissan Ultimate Wiley clock speeding more than twenty miles over the hosted limitdoin eighty eight and sixty five. After the initial stop, trooper moved the traffic stop off of the highway into the VP gas station court, to the patrol news release. During that traffic stop, Wiley approached the trooper instated that she needed to use the restroom and was leaving. Trooper gave several verbal commands and warnings, telling her that she was not free to leave and she would receive charges of fleeing and eluding if she left. If she left, she disregarded the commands and fled the scene of the traffic stop to her nearby residence. Once that there her residence, she continued to refuse verbal commands and also to be detained and attempted to walk away from the trooper into her residence, she continued to be non compliant and was taken into custody. The pursuit spanned about a mile west along King's Mills Road, ending in Mason Grand Drive in Skyview Drive. In addition to being criminally charged, also charged with speeding, says. The incident remains under investigation. Thank e Jennifer Baker over at Fox nineteen for reporting, Oh he is there times on the line, well that all is right with the world. Would just take the call as soon as we get back time if you don't mind holding for a moment. It's already five thirty six and it's time for you to mention. I just wonderful, wonderful ladies is at Low's Camp Across Country Mortgage. Outstanding customer service, brilliant. She is in the mortgage business. How can anybody have more than thirty five years experience? Just never quite believe it when I say it out loud, because I know this is that's just young in charge. Seems young and charming, and she's friendly and the guy knows everything there is to know about the mortgage business. I've got listeners email me telling me how great she is. One of my listeners said he'd have a parade. She'd be right out front if he could just express his boiling down his words because she helped him out of a jam. So she can do that. She can refinance what you got, reverse mortgage, a fixed second mortgage, whatever it is, licensed in all fifty stage. She's with Cross Country Mortgage. They can help you out great rates at a low cost, no junk fees, no application fees. Trust me in the best possible hands. I put my daughter in her hands, her and her fiance's great satisfaction. Five one three three one three fifty one seventy six five one three three one three fifty one seventy six Send her an email Sho'll get right back. So is that dot Low's camp lo O s E KA MP So is that dot Low's camp at CCM dot com?
Speaker 4: Fifty five k RC Why.
Speaker 1: You well not balkstation Happy Friday EU five one three, seven four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty three talk found five fifty on eight and t phones. Uh oh real quick here, just I was thinking, you know about that Epstein thing? I thought Donald Trump again overreacted when I asked her question about it. It's a Republican administration that is not providing any additional information. Don't you think that you hear from the Democrats on this that they'd be screaming bloody murder at the top of their heads about the Trump administration covering up uh uh information that the public should be seeing. Oh maybe not. Let's see what Tom's got Tom. Thanks for calling this morning. I was a little worried about you when it in hear from you the b of the Oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I appreciate it.
Speaker 7: Yeah that your your comment just then about the Democrat leaders uh not making a big deal about it, is exactly what I was thinking. Yeah, so, uh, I don't I don't know if there's anything to keep an eye on and get our popcorn out for. This just might just go away and hopefully they they're probably hoping nobody asks any more about it, But I don't know, we'll see, we will. And the reason I called, uh, I don't know if you heard about the we'll call them a gang up in Cole Raine yesterday walking traffic and uh, I'm not I'm not really surprised that did this didn't make the news. Whole gang of foreigners. I actually witnessed this. I was sitting in a restaurant and I can look out, I can see Coleraine Avenue, and I can see other parking lots, and a whole gang is walking through the just walking through the parking lots like I owned the freaking place walk and at one point part of the group walked out in to Coleraine avenue and stop traffic, and uh, it took one guy in a little green car. He he just nudged forward and kept nudging and then finally one of them moves out of the way, and uh, then they got back off the road and they were I mean, they're they're walking through DSE parking lots, blocking traffic, a bunch of foreigners acting like they owned the place, making a mess everywhere. And thank god, by the time I got done eating, they moved moved far off away. But these Canadian guinees are absolutely ridiculous. Up with them, set up with democrats that don't have a great game.
Speaker 1: Bro, I think he knew. I was gonna say, how the hell did you know they were foreigners? A nice curveball there, Tom, appreciate it. Uh, get a stacker, stupid story. Here's shopper in South Carolina convenience or admitted to stabbing another person in a checkout line, stabbing him in the throat. Sixty four year old Frank Arthur Lawson pled guilty on Monday at one count of each of us sold a battery of a high and aggravated nature and possession of a weapon during the commission of a violent crime, sentenced to seventeen years in the South Carolina Department of Corrections. Charged stems from a June twenty twenty three incident where Lawson was at a convenience store in Greenville, South Carolina. Lawson, according to the authorities, and the unnamed victim, were in a disagreement about who was next in line. That's when Lawson pulled out a nipen stab the unarmed victim in the throat. Fortunately, the victims survived the attack due to the quick response from the Greenville EMS and medical workers from a nearby hospital where the victim was taken to, and according to the Solicitor's office in an announcement, Lawton has a criminal history there going back to the nineteen eighties. Corner to records reviewed by authorities, January eighty nine, pled guilty to simple common laws assault, original charge similar to the one from twenty twenty three, since he's been where he was locked up, so as salt and battery of a high degree in aggravated nature. Twenty eighteen, found guilty of receiving stolen goods. So yeah, just walk away. And we live in a world where an argument over who's next in line results in someone almost being murdered. Wow, Kevin, hang on. Your next got to mention chimney Care fireplace stove, because I don't know anybody's house to burn down. Let's start with water damage though. If you have a chimney, regardless of whether it's a gas source of heat blow or wood or self feeding wood waste, you need to have the chimney inspector because of the potential for water damage. It's not properly secure up there. Water leaks in, gets in your roofline and massive problems can come from that. So have a free inspection from the experts a Chimney Care Fireplace and stove. They find a problem, they can absolutely fix it. They're experts at what they do, locally unopritted since nineteen eighty eight and they have an A plus the Better Business Bureau. Chimneycare Fireplace Stove also offering a special for my woodburning fireplace friends out there. The woodburning sweep in evaluation only one hundred and sixty nine ninety nine, so they will do the xterior evaluation along with that and the video camera inspection for the woodburner to determine how much creas so you got in there. To see if your whining has already been cracked from a prior fire that you didn't know about. And of course the certified chimney sweep to get all the muck and guck out of there so you don't burn your house down. That's what it's all about. So take care of your safety right now, you're not using it that way, you can enjoy the comfort when the temps drop. To arrange for either service or both as the case may be. With woodburner five one three two four eight ninety six hundred five to one three two four eight ninety six hundred. You can also book an appointment online. Learn more about what they do and what's on the showroom floor. Go to Chimneycareco dot com fifty five KRC.
Speaker 8: I'm doctor Damon Tanton for violence.
Speaker 1: Here is your channel nine first one and wee forecast today. Maybe a little fog out there this morning, otherwise a mostly sunny day. A few isolated showers and storms are possible. Eighty six for the high, clear every night down to seventy tomorrow, mostly sunny, humid ninety for the high with a slight chancellor of isolated rain in the afternoon. Overnight muggy, seventy one clear skies and on Saturday going to have a hot day ninety one degrees, seventy one degrees. Right now, it's not for a traffic update.
Speaker 9: From the u SEE Health Traffic Center. You see Health has expert traumacare focusing on prevention and treating injuries and supporting long term recovery and rehabilitation. Learn more at you seehealth dot com. It's a pretty quiet early commute through the region this morning. I'm watching just some building traffic on I seventy five south back Westchester to downtown. It is a sixteen minute tribe. I'm Heather Pasco fifty five KARC the talk station.
Speaker 1: It is five point fifty I fifty bou krc DE talk station. Happy Thursday. I'm going to go to phones five one, three, seven, nine fifty two three TAK Kevin, Welcome to the program, Thanks for calling.
Speaker 6: Good morning.
Speaker 2: I have something that Epstein probably does have a list.
Speaker 10: The government probably cannot release it because it will expose too many government officials. It's just like eyes wide shut. Yeah, you know, it's a secret society of the rich and powerful, and there is no way that they would be able to release it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's was my comment. Of course, you got it when I mentioned how come the Democrats aren't screaming because this is the Trump administration and they previously said they had this information. Now they're saying, no, it doesn't exist at all. That seems to be right for an attack by the Democrats, right, Oh my god. The Trump a minister said, it's Trump, he's in there. Let's see the documents. Nope, nothing.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I've been thinking this for a while, like maybe the Nicole Kitman Tom Cruise movie was not Maybe it wasn't fiction.
Speaker 1: That's possible. Oh that's hilarious, Kevin. And it allows me to it reminds me of a real life story along the same lines that the law firm I worked with in Chicago, about one hundred lawyers. One of the idiots in the law firm decided he was going to have an affair with the niece who was an intern niece of one of the senior partners, and so word got around about that, and oddly enough, this guy was not real good about hiding his passwords so he could get into his voicemail. You know, four digit passwords you log in, you get your voicemail messages, well, rather salacious exchanges between this young intern and this attorney, back and forth, back and forth. And as it turns out, I guess this came to everyone's attention to the partnership. He was terminated because of his stupidity to talk about Portia life choices. But then it also got out that a lot of lawyers were listening into these voicemail messages. And at one point it was suggested that people who were doing that heads were going to roll. Well that went nowhere. No one got their position lost or was fired for tapping into the voicemail Why because apparently every lawyer in the entire firm had his past code and was listening in to his voicemail messages. So there's only so much you can do. You don't want to shut the entire firm down in the name of enforcing the rules. Back to this dec of Stuvid, we've got Italian belly dancer of Egyptian descent arrested in her native country Egypt for using seductive techniques. That's in quotes. So Helia Terrek Hassani gag and naturalized Italian citizen born in Egypt does hold in an Egyptian citizenship, taken into police custody at the Cairo International Airport at the end of June, accused of corrupting public morals with her provocative dancing. She dances under the name Linda Martine. Case against her triggered by videos on her Instagram account in which she writhes around in revealing clothing and describes herself as quote more than you can handle close quote. According to the investigator, she appeared in quote indecent clothing, deliberately exposing sensitive areas of the body, and blatant violation of social values close quotes. Prosecutors and Kiro claimed that she, in their words, used seductive techniques and provocative dances to incite vice during arrest, found with what they described as a substantial amount of money. Italian embassy in Cairo seeking her release supposed to remainage oil for at least a couple more weeks. Reportedly moved back to Egypt several years ago, where she built a successful career, previously married to an Italian. It's pointed out in recent years Egypt is clamped down on activities that they deem morally questionable. Five belly dancers have been jailed under President Abdel f ALCSI on charges similar to those against this a gag woman. Can you imagine living in a world where the governing authorities are the determiners and moral arbiters of all things that you do? This is like Sharia law, isn't it? And I thought that was Isn't that the point of belly dancing? To writhe around and scantly clad clothes and you know, be seductive. I mean, that's like the It seems to me the very definition of belly dancing and what regional the world did belly dancing come from? Oh that's right, Okay, Well it is a stack is stupid? What more can I say? Plenty to talk about in this six o'clock hour five one, three, seven, nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three talk go time five fifty on eight and two funds, Plenty of subjects to go through. If you don't steer the direction of the conversation, I'll come up with something, But I hope you can stick around. Big things are happening, breaking news happening. Now we'll tell you more at the top of the hour. Is too aggressive and over the top fifty five KRC. The talk station is your retirement PLUK talk station. Happy Friday Eve, Special day. We'll have Citizen Watchdog todds Ends are looking out for the interests of the citizens of the City of Cincinnati, the residents of the City of Cincinnati. They're some of shenanigans going on with council and the mayor and prioritization. We got gun violence to talk about, pension liability issues to talk about as well as Tozzi Guna address mismanagement and lack of accountability from the city leaders among various topics, including the maintenance of the city fleet, the connected connected communities, zoning obligations or not as the case may be depending on where which neighborhood you live in, and the Green Cincinnati Plan, among other things. You should check out his podcast. Citizen Watchdog does a wonderful job. A brilliant man is Todd and I appreciate his willingness to come into the program and talk about this. He really does a great job. He's done his homework. Fast forward to eight oh five Aaron Weiner. Aaron is running for sinca City Council's a charter committee met candidate. Charter Committee still around I'm glad to see alternatives to the Democrats. We've got a couple of Republicans, and we have, of course Cory Bowman running for Mayor's a Republican. I take the Charter committee. We'll learn about what Aaron's all about in terms of what his vision for the future is. But also since he's a member of the Clifton Community Council, we will talk about the street takeover incident that happened there. And of course it's Thursday. I heard needy aviation expert Jay ratlif with some fun topics TSA saying we don't have to have our we don't have to take our shoes off anymore. That's nice. Are there no more shoe bombers anyway? British Area passenger forced to sit in an airplane for seven hours on the ground lightning strike, triggers of fires, suppression fom at Spirit Airlines hangar and a battery fire passenger head one of the lithium ion batteries, I guess, and it forced a Delta flight to make an emergency landing. Plus we'll get update on hub delays. I always enjoy hearing from you. Five one, three, seven, four, nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three taco pound five fifty on AT and T funds and remember fifty five cars dot com when you can't listen live Jack Adveton, always brilliant. Judgemapolitano. Interesting legal subject matter with him kind of irked me a little bit, not with what the judge concluded, but it was a subject matter that I really wasn't very familiar with. Kidnapping people. Uh, Mark Dan the Dan Law Firm a lawsuit that he and uh has filed on behalf of some people who have an interest in the unclaimed property funds. He says the six hundred million dollars in the Ohio budget is unconstitutional because it comes from other people's money, and it is a long standing legal principle that the government can't take private funds or property as the case may be and give it to other private individuals, which is exact what's happened here. So I think Mark's got a really good case on the merits of the law, and of course it is really a legal issue, period, end of story. Sometimes there are factual questions that exist. No, he said, she said, kind of thing, and you got to get to the bottom of it through discovery, so you can then move forward with the with the case. In this particular matter, there is nothing in dispute there. It is is a line item in the budget six hundred million dollars. They identify the funding source, which is private funds and the unclaim unclaim fund pile of money of four point eight billion dollars. So we know where it's coming from and we know it's going to the Cleveland Browns project. So there's your facts summary judgment. Here's what the law says. Grant me the relief I'm seeking. So listen to the discussion. I enjoyed talking with Mark about that. Americans for Prosperity on overriding Dewines vetos. It's all right there at fifty five KRC dot com. Do you see the other day Biden's doctor asserted his Fifth Amendment right to be free of self incrimination, Doctor Kevin O'Connor. Now he may recall the background on this, Doctor Kevin O'Connor issued a document and the document is actually issued by the Biden White House. This is four months before the debate performance that caused Biden to drop out of the campaign. Obviously, cognitive decline we all realized that over the years, but that was obviously the nail on the coffin. But doctor O'Connor wrote again four months prior to the debate, as requested by the patient, Joe Biden. The following is the summary of the current health status of President Joseph R. Biden. The President feels well and this year's physical identified no new concern. He continues to be fit for duty and fully executes all of his responsibilities without any exemptions or accommodations. I remember it's an important point to note the patient instructed the doctor to let us know by virtue of this report what his health status was. Okay, no, I understand, Doc. You have the patient to physician patient privilege, and you're not allowed to go out into the world and tell the world what my health conditions are all about. But I'm allowed to wave that, So please issue the report to the world tell the world about it. In his report, he covered himself. He said, as in previous years, I've conducted a comprehensive review of the President Biden's medical history performed a detailed physical examination. This physical has again included specialty consultation with several of our presidential specialty consultants from Walter Ee National Military Medical Center. Specialties included optometry, dentistry, orthopedics, both ankle and spine, physical therapy, neurology, sleep medicine, cardiology, radiology, dermatology. Each of these specialists have independently reviewed the chart, examined the president, and concur with my findings and recommendations. How about that boy, there's a big room full of doctors on that one, wasn't there? Instead, have also solicited my feedback from my respected colleagues, the other physicians in the White House Medical Unit who see the patient every day. Each of these doctors has reviewed my report for accuracy. My conclusions have been further informed through discussions with several of my fellow professors from George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences. Wow, who didn't he talk to and get confirmation? Doesn't it seem odd? Do you think your physician would go out into the world and solicit second opinions on his conclusions or her conclusions about your medical health? Generally speaking, after a physical an, he concluded that President Biden is healthy, active, robust, eighty one year old man who remains fit to successfully execute the duties of presidency to include those as chief executive, head of State, and commander in chief. Wow, okay, he is in great shape. Do you realize that this doctor's report was three weeks after after the special counsel of the Biden Justice Department assessed that Biden was too forgetful to prosecute. This came after that. Yes, we have all the elements of the crime right here. President Biden violated the law, but it's pointless for us to drag him through the legal process because the jury would look at him and feel sorry for him because he can't answer any damn questions because his memories failed. Three weeks later, this report on clean health comes out, so t UPD. Behind the door an interview with the doctor Kevin O'Connor, closed door interview with the White House Oversight Committee, who's looking into the cognitive decline of Joe Biden and trying to figure out who was actually the puppet master behind the strings because Biden wasn't firing on all cylinders? Who worked the auto pen? Did Joe Biden give specific authorization for all those executive orders to be signed? Was he even aware of them? That's what they're investigating doctor o'conna a critical element of that. But he asserted his Fifth Amendment to multiple questions about his time with Joe Biden, which this hour long, hours long deposition was supposed to go a lot longer than it did. So obviously, when he's asserting his Fifth Amendment rights, you're not going to get anywhere, and so you ended early. Here's what was said about that, James Comer. I'm going to read the first two questions that were asked. Were you ever told to lie about the president's health? Let me read that again. Were you ever told to lie about the president's health? Doctor? And he asserted his Fifth Amendment right on that one. Now, as doctors later said that, we want to emphasize that asserting the Fifth Amendment privilege does not imply the doctor O'Connor has committed any crime. A fact to the contrary, as our Supreme Court has emphasized one of the Fifth Amendments basic functions to protect innocent men who otherwise might be ensnared by ambiguous circumstances, and they also asserted the doctor patient privilege. This committee's indicated the doctor O'Connor and his attorney said and does not intend to honor one of the most well known privileges in our law, the physician patient privilege. The committee is indicated that it will demand the doctor acc reveal, without any limitations, confidential information regarding his medical examination, treatment, and care. President Biden, that's the attorney's statement on behalf of the doctor. Try to justify the assertion of the Fifth Amendment. All right, But remember now Biden waived his fifth or his attorney client as attorney or his physician client patient. Rather get it out, Thomas waived his physician payment patient rights to privacy when he told the doctor to release the statement about his medical status. So I would argue counter that. But more fundamentally, were you ever told to about the president's health? That is not a statement that relates to the president's health and simply a question whether someone told him to lie about it? Huh. So if you leave that question just floating right there, does that justify a Fifth Amendment assertion based on the physician client or physician patient privilege? I would say, hell no, it doesn't. It's a simple question, did anybody tell you to lie? Doctor? It's a yessweror no question, of course, if the answer is yes, the follow up questions, well, who told you to lie? And you might give in more subtle nuances, For example, the second question he asserted the fifth on did you ever believe President Biden was unfit to execute his duty? Now that bears directly on Biden's health, But to that, I would go back to the point that Biden released the medical report, and it seems to me that the scope of the questions because he waived his physician patient privilege in releasing the report, it seems to me you wouldn't be limited by the nature of that report since it does deal with the president's overall health. Generally speaking, what test did you perform? Doctor? Look at all these people that you talk to about this report. Look at you put even put them in the report that you talked with, all these doctors, What did you talk about with them? And maybe the committee might want to well notice up a few depositions of all these other physicians that allegedly examine Biden or at least discussed Biden's condition with his physician. Red flags, Red Flags, Red Flags, six seventeen fifty five krs the talk station. Bobby, I see you're up on the line there. I take your calling a minute here, I'm gonna mention every federal credit and an opportunity to get together with your friends get a great round of golf in at for Bridges Country Club. It's the nineteenth Annuel Charity Golf Tournament. Tournament benefiting since the Children's Hospital Charitable Care Fund on golfing to help those in need. That takes the guilt factor out of it.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: It's Monday, August eighteenth, again four Bridges Country Club. Always a great day. People have a wonderful time there. I get to be there and wish the golfer I say a few words and as the golfers head out out for the round of golf. But it is an opportunity to support a worthy cause in our community. EMERYFCU dot org for all the information about why it's a better way to bank, including the place to register and learn the details about the golf outing August eighteenth, EMERYFCU dot org.
Speaker 4: Fifty five KRC want to sneak peek at this year, get to it.
Speaker 1: Here is your Channa nine. First morning weather forecast. Got some sun lay this afternoon, maybe a little fog out there this morning. A few isolated showers of storms are possibility eighty six for the high down to seventy every night with clear scotch, sunny, hot, and you me tomorrow a slight chance of isolated rain in the afternoon ninety You'll be the high overnight lowes seventy one, muggy and clear, and I'm ninety one high on Saturday, they say nineties all weekend, UH seventy one. Right now, Let's get a traffic.
Speaker 9: Update from the UC Health Traffic Center. You see, Health has expert traumacare focusing on prevention, treating injuries, and supporting long term recovery and rehabilitation. Learn more at UCHealth dot com. Traffic is still just building through the area and you're moving pretty well. Keep in mind, who do you have construction? No Central Parkway both ways between Ravine Street and McMillan here down to one lane. I'm Heather Pasco on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: Coming up on six twenty two at fifty five kr CD talk station five three seven four nine, fifty eight two three talk pound five fifty on AT and t u's phones. Remember fifty five care Sea dot com. Get your podcast over there. Listening to Judge Enntapolitano. Uh, and listen to Mark Dan from the Dan Law Firm on that lawsuit against the state about the six hundred million dollars in private funds and where the phones. We go, see what Bobby's got. Bobby, thanks for holding. Welcome to the.
Speaker 6: Show, Happy Thursday, my brother.
Speaker 1: Right back at you.
Speaker 6: Hey, we can talk about the federal government, the state, the county, and the city of Cincinnati. They all bear false witness. And when you once you understand that, it makes it a lot easier because they're not going to go ahead and investigate their own people, period. They don't want to do that.
Speaker 1: I think you're right. I mean that what stirs the pot of controversy. I mean, you know, let's say BONDI was actually dead on right, that there really was nothing there at all except some porn that Epstein downloaded. The build up to that statement, and that release was seemingly in the opposite direction based upon all the statements previously made, based upon the individual had been previously identified as being involved with Epstein and the young ladies that surrounded him. They've got a lot of hard information out there which suggests that well, since this kind of thing was going on over years, and he was so well connected with so many famous people. There's got to be something back there. But no, no, nothing here, nothing to see, no list, And of course that makes us think that hmm, Democrats aren't screaming and complaining about this, and Republicans aren't screaming and complaining about this. The only parton except for Trump, who was complaining about the fact that he got a question answer asked about it. I thought his reaction was a little kind of strange and crazy, which of course means that people are out there suggesting it. Well, Donald Trump's in the mix on all these documents, and I know people want to draw that conclusion. They can, but we're left to make up our own conclusions because it looks so suspicious.
Speaker 6: Why would the Epstein gentleman meet with the CIA director five to six times?
Speaker 1: No, there's a question. Yeah, I wasn't even aware that that had happened.
Speaker 6: Oh yes. Also the sale that he was on in the Holy Facility in New York, he wasn't on the bottom. He was on the very topic. Just three tiered system. If you check Getway Gateway Pundit, he has a complete layout of everything where he was camera locations and everything.
Speaker 3: They lie.
Speaker 6: He wasn't on the bottom before he was on the third. If you check Gateway Pundit, it's got a complete layouts of everything.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, I don't know that that has any bearing on the fact that they didn't check up on him. They weren't doing the suicide checks that they were supposed to do. The cameras were broken in the broken in the cell block that he was on. Uh, And I know that they properly address or at least seemed adequately addressed the missing one minute, I guess. Bondi pointed out that, well, if you look at any videotapes from any of those cameras, it's the same thing. Every night. The tape goes on a loop. She said, it's old equipment, and at that point it just resets and starts over again. So that sounds like a justifiable account for the missing one minute. But it did remind me of the Watergate tapes. Anyhow, we'll probably never learn anything, Bobby. I think that's what comes down to left to our own swirling conspiracy conclusion six twenty five. Right now, local stories are phone calls. I'll take either before the phone calls, but we can go eat the direction. The first a word for Rhino Shield. I love that Rhino Shield product. It is so much better than paint. It's the ceramic coating guaranteed a transferable warranty on paint twenty five years. It will not flake, it will not fade, it will not ship. It's armor. It just covers up that and you know it reinforces your your the The exterior locks out moisture to flex UV rays, standing up to the very unpredictable weather in this in this region, ceramic coating goes beyond paint. It's a flexible, long lasting barrier that won't crack under pressure. Get that wonderful warranty to back it up so they can deal with your bubbling pain problems, flaking problems. No longer all worry, no longer worry about fading. And I like it so much. I got it for my daughter and our fiance. The bar has been painted with Rhino Shield. It went from disgusting, flaky, ugly yellow mustard kind of color. Don't know why the prior owners chose it, but whatever, maybe it was on sale. Now it's just beautiful mix. It mixes in with the landscape. It's such a moss screen kind of thing. But it looks fantastic. And that is one thing they are never gonna have to worry about anymore. Is the xterior paint on that barn so rhino shield to the rescue. You can get a free quote, and I encourage you to do that. It's eight eight eight seven four four sixty six forty one. Eight eight eight seven four four sixty six forty one. Check out the website. Learn more about the paint, how it works, what it can work on and with, and to get a free quote. Click on the upper right hand corner where it says get a free quote. It's rhinoshield ky dot com. That's rhinoshield ky.
Speaker 4: Dot com fifty five KRC.
Speaker 6: Turn up your radio.
Speaker 1: Here's a Sean Hannity Morning Minute.
Speaker 11: I do believe there has to be a new Israeli doctor at the end of all of this, that anybody that fires a single rocket into Israel, their new policy will be to obliterate them immediately. They have shown too much concern. I don't think that can be their policy any longer. They have got to immediately respond and respond overwhelming with devastating forces, or this pattern will just continue to play out. But for those that didn't see the wisdom and taking out the number one state sponsor of terror's nuclear facilities, the entire world, not just the region, would be at risk, including the United States because their missile capability keeps getting stronger and stronger. Check out the Sean Hannity radio show later today right here. Hey Sean Hannity here. You know I've been buying prescious metals. Somebody gave me great advice. I'm so grateful every day that I did, and I've been doing it for decades. Every paycheck I get no matter what I put side a portion of money to diversify into precious metals now, especially during uncertain times, remember the two thousand and eight financial crisis. Who do I choose to make my gold and silver purchases with? What company do I now use? Who do I trust? Well, I've been partnering with a great company for three years. I am a customer. The company is called gold Co. Gold Coal will send you right now well free twenty twenty five gold and silver kit to learn more about diversifying with precious metals now. This kit from gold Co has been a huge help to me. I think you'll learn a valuable lesson. You'll also learn about their unlimited bonus silver offer. You're not going to want to miss out. All you have to do is call no Obligation eight five five eight one five gold, or just go to Hannitigold dot com. That's eight five five eight one five gold. I'll go to the website Hannitigold dot com.
Speaker 1: Driver the channeline weather. We have some sunny skies today, a few isolated showers of storms are a possibility to be eighty six for a high. I also a little bit of fog out there this morning, and speak clear skies over night down to seventy at sunny, hot numid day tomorrow, isolated ray in the afternoon. If possibility of Mars high ninety clear and muggy over night down to seventy one and ninety one the eye on Saturday apparently nineties all weekend seventy one degrees. Right now, it's stud for traffic updates.
Speaker 9: From the u See Health Traffic Center. You See Health has expert traumacare focusing on prevention and treating injuries and supporting long term recovery and rehabilitation. Learn more at you Seehealth dot com and accident on I seventy five northbound at as Her Charles Drive does block the right lane to traffic. Here is a little slow. We also have a stall on seventy five northbound at I two seventy five. It's on the shoulder, but it is the left side, so maybe a little slow. I'm Heather Pasco on fifty five KRC. The talk station.
Speaker 1: Six thirty one and fifty five PRCD talks day soon as I watch Dog Todds insert during the seven o'clock hour in studio. Among the topics, conversation gun violence in the city takes over to local stories, although you can feel free to call if you'd rather local stories, including the meeting yesterday, city officials had a press conference about city wide crime. Among the speakers since they manager Cheryl Long, who'd announced that they are extending the red bike and e scooter restrictions during the nighttime hours tomorrow and Saturday, You're not gonna be able to ride your red bikes or rent your red bikes your scooters starts at eight pm least until six am. This after the well the trial effort they did of the Independence Day weekend in an effort to combat the recent rise in crime, taking away transportation from some of the criminal element, although they note that most of the people who use these bikes and scooters don't commit crime. Well yeah, anyway, Long said, there are concerns about bikes and scooters being used to commit crimes to help perpetrators escape from police. She said yesterday, they are being used to more effectively commit property crimes, steal guns, and create quality of life issues. They themselves are not the issue meeting the scooters and the bikes, nor are the vast majority people who ride them safely, but they become useful tool for criminals intent on causing harms. So as far as Red bikes, you'll still be able to rent them during the daytime hours and at night as long as you're outside of the downtown and over the Rhine areas. So if you venture into the urban core with a bike during that time, you can return the bike to a dock, but you just won't be able to take one out. As far as East scooters, apparently, the city's agreement with the operators of the East scooters already allow them to restrict the time they're restricted five or seven days a week and can't be run in between eleven pm and six am. But this just adds to the limitation on using them extending the hours a little bit. I'll let you decide whether or not it works. They're going to continued to evaluate it. I guess on a week by week basis. Twenty five year old driver under arrest on charges that she led to state trooper or what was described as a very slow and short pursuit State Highway Patrol, said Camaiel Wiley. A Mason booked into the Warren County jail four am on Tuesday fleeing and eluding as well as obstruction of official business charges scheduled. I think Charity made her first court appearance anyway. Trooper was clocking cars on I seventy one near kings Mills Road courne at Sergeant Tyler s Ross, spokesperson for the OSP she came zipping along eighty eight and A sixty five in her twenty four Nissan Ultima twenty twenty miles over the posted limit. After an initial stop, they trooper moved the traffic stop off the highway over to a BP gas station near the I seventy one kings Mill Road in exchange. According to the Patrol release. During that traffic stop, Wiley approached the trooper and stated that she needed to use the restroom and was leaving. Trooper gave several verbal commands of warnings, telling her that she was not free to leave and that she would receive charges of fleeing and eluding if she left. She disregarded those commands fled the scene to her nearby residence. Once there, she continued to refuse verbal commands and to be detained. Attempt to walk away from the trooper into her residence, and that's when she continued to be non compliant. Was ultimately taken to custody. As far as the pursuit, the OJ Simpson like pursuit about one mile along kings Mill Road ending at Mason Grand Drive in Skyview Drive. In addition to being criminally charged, she was also charged for speeding. According to the Patrol, that incident remains under investigation. Let's see what Mike's gott Hey, Mike, thanks for calling this morning. Happy Thursday to you, Joe. You want to let Mike on Mike there, you are welcome to the program.
Speaker 12: I real quick about the scooter renolds and the bike rentals. Last I checked those all had GPS trackers and you have to have a credit card to use it, and probably.
Speaker 7: Yep, it's not like I mean they know who he uses them.
Speaker 1: I mean, well that is true. I guess under some circumstances. I guess you could steal one. Somebody else rents it and you grab it and ride away out right off on it. Just because it's been rented by one person doesn't mean that was the perpetrator that the police were after in fleeing the scene. I mean, there are there are layers of complication to it, but yeah, there is an evidentiary trail at least to some degree. Right there.
Speaker 12: They said they're stealing guns and sound like what is ride by somebody and grab the gun out of their hand.
Speaker 1: I mean no, I actually that relates to another story they talked about yesterday. Police Chiefdiji pointed out that the number of automobile break ins has increased dramatically. She sided like two hundred and fifty of them. So if you're on a red bike, you're zipping by a car, you smash the car window open, you take whatever properties in the car you want, you ride away. So I guess that happens from time to time. But her point was, Listen, we had two hundred and fifty car break ins, thirty four guns were stolen. That's what I was saying in the earlier hour. Listen, if you got a gun in your car, bring it indoors at night. Don't leave it in the car, because these punks obviously know that people store firearms in cars, and they probably do a pretty thorough check looking at all the nooks and crannies in places you might likely stow your firearm. So I remember the old campaign lock your junk in your trunk. That's an option I suppose, and I know there's other complicating factors which make taking the firearm out of the vehicle difficult in some circumstances. But in the final analysis, if it's in there and you're in a neighborhood that's prone to have break ins like that, your gun's going to get stolen and then they're going to use it for crime, which was Chief dgi's point. Six point thirty six. Come up with six thirty seven USA insulation. It is a phone call you need to make. You could be under insulated, you could have no insulation in the exterior walls, and you're fighting a Sissaphian challenge to beat the heat this time of year. It's so hot and humid out there, air conditions struggling and never stopping. It's running twenty four to seven.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: You need insulation, and this insulation will make your home far more comfortable that the efficiency of your air conditioning increase greatly so that room or those rooms that never seemed to like get cooled down. It'll solve that problem, but will also solve your your energy bow problem going through the roof. Energy is well. USA's premium Foam is guaranteed saving so much so that you may save more than the low monthly cost ninety nine dollars a month interest free. It's a great deal from USA. The return on investment is guaranteed, so call for the free inspection and free quote five one three three eight one three sixty two six five one three three eight one foam Enjoy the benefits of a twelve hundred dollars energy tax credit next year when you get the phone this year. It's a little dangling carrot not bad too. Online learn more USA Insulation dot net fifty five car the talk station. All right, Gary, solve it here for here is your ten and nine First warning weather forecast. Sunny skies this afternoon. There's a possible isolated storm or shower showing up today. Today's high eighty six clear overnight, seventy for the low ninety are high tomorrow with humid conditions as well as sunny sky's. Maybe an isolated shower in the afternoon. Clear skies every night, muggy and seventy one for the low ninety one are high on Saturday with looks like decent decent conditions.
Speaker 9: Seventy one Right now, It's time for traffic update from the u SEE Health Traffic Center. You see Health has expert comiccare focusing on prevention and treating injuries and supporting long term recovery and rehabilitation. Learn more you see Health at dot com. We do you have some areas of fog. It's a bit hazy. Roads are dry this morning. There is an accident slowing you on seventy five northbound. It as our Charles Drive. Your right lane is blocked your slope from Freeman Avenue. There's also a stall seventy five northbound and two seven twenty five that blacks the left shoulder. I'm Heather Pasco on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: Six forty one coming up at six forty two fifty five k CEB talk station five three, seven four nine fifty eight hundred two three talk found five fifty on AT and T phones. Head over to the phones. We shall right now. Let's see what Corey's got this morning. Corey, welcome back to the Morning Show. Good to hear from you today, sir, Hey.
Speaker 7: Good morning Bright. Just a thought on the guns get thrown out of cars? How about ending gun free zones.
Speaker 6: The reason people leave the.
Speaker 12: Guns in the cars anyway is because they can't take them into where they're going, where they.
Speaker 7: Big work or all or whatever it is.
Speaker 1: Well, I mentioned that earlier, Corey, and the complicating factor that I came up with is, Okay, you've got your firearm on you, and you're going getting ready to go into one of the downtown restaurants and you're going to be drinking. Now, you're not allowed to have a concealed carry weapon while drinking in the state of Ohio. So knowing you're going to be drinking, but of course not so much that you'll be ov I when you come out, you still can't do it. So you leave your gun in your car while you go into the restaurant. You come back only to find your car's been broken into and your firearm has been stolen. So that's the one circumstance. Otherwise, I think you're right. If a shop owner says no gun's allowed, I'd be inclined to just keep my concealed carry concealed and ignore that because I'd rather be able to protect myself and my life and my family's life by and violate that particular sign in the door. That's not me giving you legal advice. It's just my take on it. But it's.
Speaker 12: If you carry into a i've posted no gun zone, your call with it.
Speaker 7: You lose your right to carry in the state of forever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I listen. I will sacrifice that right to save the life of my wife, my children, myself. If that's the price I got to pay, and I'm still alive or she is still alive, then I'll pay that price. I can always argue about it. I can claim it's unconstitutional, I can make arguments in court, get a lawyer, blah blah blah. Button the final analysis, you know. I mean, it was my attitude when I lived in Chicago. I lived in oak Park, Illinois. That's where our first house was, and it was one of the first communities in the entire country. If I recall the history correctly, to ban the ownership of handguns period, end of story. I owned one when we moved there, kept it within my home, and my argument was because it's subjected you to a fine of like ten thousand dollars or whatever civil penalty. I can't remember the ramifications of it, but I always said, like I said, now, listen, if someone kicks the door in and is there to do a commit murder, grievous bodily harm, or anything like that that would justify the use of deadly force under any given circumstance, then I'll take what comes to me afterwards. I'm not going to give up my right to defend myself because I might suffer some consequence. I'm in the right by defending myself. I can make that argument we were going to die had I not engaged and used deadly force reasonable as standards applied to that. Yes, but you violated this ordinance in oak Park that says you're not allowed to own one of those. Fine. Okay, who do I write the check to six forty five fifty five krs the talk station. These kind of choices you got to think about make every day, but think about them in advance. Gate of Heaven Cemetery. Think about Gate of Heaven Cemetery if you're looking for a place for peaceful contemplation, of course, prayer, contemplating life at whatever stage of life you are in, thinking about loved ones that are fortunately still with us in this beautiful park like setting, and then of course remembering those who passed before us and honoring their life on this sacred ground. It's all about that tranquil landscape surroundings ideal for prayer, reflection and remembrance, creating a comforting experience for all the visitors, and everybody's welcome to visit Gate of Heaven Cemetery. I drive by it every day. It is indeed beautiful, so reflect, pray, enjoy the beauty of God's creation. To learn more, head on over to the website. It's Gate of Heaven dot org. That's Gate of Heaven dot org, fifty five krc dot com. Way back here is for tena nine first onrning on the forecasts and maybe a little fog out there this morning today though will be sunny for the most part, although a few isolated showers and stores may enter the equation eighty six for the high today, down to seventy overnight clear skies, ninety for the high tomorrow with a humid humidity and another chance of isolator rain in the afternoon, seventy one overnight muggy and clear, and ninety one on Saturday. They say, uh decent chants of rain both weekend days and both days in the nineties seventy one degrees. Right now, it's time for a traffic.
Speaker 9: Update from the u SEE Health Traffic Center. You See Health has expert traumacare focusing on prevention, training, injuries, and supporting long term recovery and rehabilitation. Learn more at you see health dot com. The accident on seventy five northbound at Azard Charles Drive has cleared. Launchforce in residual slowdowns. Also still seeing the stall on seventy five northbound Add two seventy five. It's on the left shoulder. I'm Heather Pasco on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: It is six forty nine and fifty five ERCV talk station. If we're going to decent Friday, you've got Todd's ins are coming up for the next hour. He's going to be in studio talking about a whole bunch of issues that are are dealing with in the city of Cincinnati. Fast forward to eight oh five. Aaron Wheeler with the Clifton Community Council also running for council as a charter right. So Aaron Wheeler is going to be talking about the street takeover incident, and we'll also get to learn about his campaign and what he has in store for his vision for the city of Cincinnati should he become elected to city Council. Jay Ratliffe, of course eight thirty with iHeartMedia eighty expert Jay Rattliff. I've got a whole bunch of things to talk about with Jay, some a little bit comical and others more serious, like learning about why we don't have to take our shoes off anymore we get onto an airplane was just announced the other day. Here's part of the problem. Okay, you're convicted of a crime, you're in lock up. You're an illegal immigrant. You have an ICE detainer out for you. They're there to pick you up because you violated the immigration laws. You're subject to be deported because you're a criminal, a convicted criminal, and the sanctuary cities do what they let them out and do not alert ICE authorities that this guy is going to be let out even though he's got a detention filed against them. How many you know how many? As I stare at an article that they just arrested outside of a Saint Paul area, about a dozen illegal alien sexual predators. One guy convicted a second degree sexual ass sort of a child. One convicted second degree sexual ass sort of a child. Convicted is soliciting a minor, convicted the first degree sexual assault, convicted a ludelessivius act with children under the age of fourteen, convicted the first degree sexual abuse of a minor, third degree criminal sexual conduct, fourth degree criminal sexual conduct. A convicted first degree criminal sexual conduct. I'm just reading what these guys were convicted of, all in the country, illegally, all in lock up, and ICE had to go out and round them up. Twenty five thousand criminal illegals back into the population thanks to sanctuary city policies not alerting ICE when they know there's a detainer there. The worst California, along with Illinois, Massachusetts, Connecticut, and Virginia, also responsible for releasing thousands of criminal illegal alien aliens back in the society, even though we could have evicted them and kicked them out of the country based upon their criminal status and their illegal status. And you know, it is a well documented fact. I suppose it's one thing to commit a property crime or to steal something from a store, but when it comes to molesting children, the recidivism rate is pretty damn high. I guess it's once you go down that road. It's trying to kick a heroin or fentanyl habit. You just don't do it. You keep falling back off the wagon. Quit touching children. Oh my god, I can't help myself. And that's I mean, there's a large chunk of these folks that fall into that category. I just mentioned the ones from from a Minnesota Tim Waltz. Anyway, this cis dot org report study total twenty two and eighty three criminal illegals released into the population since last October one, twenty over twenty five thousand released since calendar year twenty twenty three. California responsible for when the thirteen thousand released. Illinois coming in at number two with almost three thousand, sixteen hundred released by Virginia, Massachusetts thirteen hundred, Connecticut eleven hundred plus. They also focus on particular jails, apparently some worse than other. The worst defender the Santa Clara County jail, where they were more than three thousand criminal illegal aliens were allowed to just walk out into the population no notice to ICE. Borders are Tom Holme and said, we're going to double down and triple down on sanctuary cities. Why not because they're a blue city or a blue state, Because we know that's where the problem is. They're releasing a public safety threats to the streets every day, he pointed out. And of course it's a widely shared public opinion that most most by a pretty damn significant majority, looking at all of the polling, most Americans, most people polled, want these people thrown out of the country. They want them locked up or otherwise removed. Why because they are a bunch of criminals, I mean, duh. Meanwhile, Democrats are, you know, pushing for federal and then in some states like Massachusetts, pushing for laws preventing ICE agents from wearing face mask and requiring them to show their name and their badge number. And if you think about that, you're like, well, these are government agents, these are people who should probably identify themselves. But you know what, when you are dealing with a mob of Antifa folks, all of whom have facial coverings head to toe, you can't see who they are, doesn't it seem illogical to prevent that from the same right being exercised by the officers. Why because they're doxing them. The reason they want the officers to have to expose their face and provide their name and their badge number is so these crazy folks out here who are hell bent for leather to go after Ice. Look, we've had people shooting at ICE officers. Coordinated activity he designed to harm a slash murder ice officers just happened the other day ten of a Morkan in concert. If you don't think that they're if they're going to commit an action like that outside of an ICE facility, you know, blow up fireworks, bring them out of their their their their building, and then mow them down with gunfire. If they're able to identify these officers, the officers families then become at risk. And that's been a threat threats against ICE officers and their families up seven hundred percent according by all the reporting out there, they're the ones in the crosshairs on this. And I suppose it's one thing to make an argument that you should be able to go after an ICE officer for doing his or her job, but the idea you're bringing family members into it. And who's pushing for this legislation the Democrats. The Democrats like the mayors in Chicago and Los Angeles, who are actively telling the power population to rise up against ICE. And I suppose one of the ways you rise up against ICE is you engage in this awful behavior behind the scenes by doxing them and going after them and threatening them and their family members and actually committing acts of violence against them and their family members, which has also happened. Six fifty six fifty five KRC the talk station Stick Around. We've got Todd Zinzer's Citizen Watchdog coming in the program next hour to talk about well shenanigans. Yeah, we'll just call it that. I'll be right back. Big things are happening. This justin will tell you more at the top of the hour.
Speaker 9: What they're doing is terrorizing immigrant families.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRS the Talk station.
Speaker 9: This report.
Speaker 1: Seven oh five here at fifty five Care CD talk station. Happy Friday, Eve to you. Pardon me that came out of nowhere. I have a cough button, couldn't get to it in time. But I am looking across the table at a man that I truly appreciate it, man that thankfully has too much time in his retirement because he's got nothing better to do than be the Inspector General for the Generals Greater of the Cincinnati Residence, City of Sinna Residence. Welcome back to the fifty five Care Morning Karroose Morning Show, host of the Citizen Watchdog podcast, Get in Touch with It, Todd Zenzer, good to have you in. Man.
Speaker 8: Thanks Brian, good to be here.
Speaker 1: I'm glad it took the time to come in this studio. It's great having you in and talking with you about all these things that you follow. So let us start. We were touch talking about this. Let's stick with the topic of crime, gun violence. Generally speaking, they had a Cheryl Long City Manager sheet Chief Fiji was there yesterday. The mayor was there. He didn't have a whole lot to say, though from what I gathered from the reporting, you can fill in the details on that apparently red bikes. So we're going to take the red bikes away from folks tomorrow and Saturday overnight. They did that over the fourth of July or Independence Day weekend. Apparently it had some positive impact, or at least it suggested or they suggested it did.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 1: I didn't realize bikes and e scooters were really at the core of the crime wave going on in the city Cincinnati, But I suppose when you're trying to come up with solutions, every little bit counts.
Speaker 8: That's right, every little bit counts. But they they've got big, big problems.
Speaker 1: Well, they argue that violent crime and murders or gun crime specifically were down, at least that's what was reported.
Speaker 8: Well, it was what I took away from the news conference was that, yeah, things are getting better, but they have a perception problem that the public doesn't perceive that things are getting better. So they're really battling a bad perception rather than the bad data.
Speaker 1: Well, you believe if you live in any of the given neighborhoods in the city and you see it with your own eyes and we it is widely reported that one of the bigger problems we've got downtown are these roving gangs of teenagers, right, I mean the you know, it's like cockroaches in the middle of the night. They all gather as soon as you turn the light on, they scurry in multiple different directions. You can't get them.
Speaker 8: Yeah. Well, your friend Jim Kiefer raised a good, good point yesterday when I was speaking with them about this blue Ash issue where you had these hundreds of kids up there. How do they get there? And what's the signal how do they communicate with each other to everybody know to go to this one look.
Speaker 1: Well, then easy answer to that one. As we live in an internet society now. You know the old days, if you wanted to get a whole bunch of people together, what did you print flyers up? You mailed things to people. I mean there was no one stop shop for your you know, your causes website like we've got now, hey, we're all gonna eat in blue Ash and you know, shoot fireworks of people just to be a nuisance. You know, you can have a house party in like five seconds now you put it online, house party had thrown the black address. The next thing, you know, four hundred people showed up.
Speaker 8: Well, the other thing that I noted in the press conference was Cheryl Long finally did start talking about this program that they started back in January called Act for Sincy. And the mayor was on Cincinnati edition last week and never said a word about Act for Sincy. And it was launched in January as a holistic approach to reducing gun violence, and they never said anything about it.
Speaker 1: Well, that doesn't make any sense, is that because of marketing, we need to have this new program because we have a problem with gun violence, which of course confirms what everybody out there in the real world suspects. Anyway, Well, the marketing thing here.
Speaker 8: You know, the terrible murder of mister Herringer. Oh yeah, and the response from his widow, she summed it up in three words. It's optics over outcomes, right, And a lot of the things that this city council and this mayor are doing are really for optics. And you can go through program after program, and they put a little bit of money in all of these programs, and then when somebody says, what are you doing about this, they say, we have a program for that. And even if they funded at like ten thousand or twenty five thousand, you know, I was at a meeting in bond Hill about connected communities with the Vice Mayor and Scottie Johnson, and it was about how we can improve connected communities if that's even possible. And somebody got up and said, well, what about property taxes? Our property taxes are too high and the Vice mayor said, well, we have a program for that. They have a Well, no, they don't have a program. Their program is to help people pay the Property Act property taxes that they owe in back taxes their debt. That's what they city has a program for.
Speaker 1: But not to address the broader problem of the property taxes going through the root exactly, and people who have to pay them or otherwise end up perhaps losing their property. They're on the hook for the money they paid it. So there's no relief for the folks with higher property tax bills. There's only relief for folks who didn't pay the property tax bills because they were too high.
Speaker 8: Wow.
Speaker 1: Okay, so that's problem solved.
Speaker 8: But optics over outcomes is it really sums up this mayor in this city council.
Speaker 1: But you can't cover up the fact that week after week after week we have all this hoorific criminal activity that's going on. I mean, even as little as local reporting we have, we do hear about it, we do see it. So you can't hide behind the you can't hide the news from people. And then there's the other component. You talk to Ken favor of us since say FOP president, and can will tell you that they know, like for example, enforcing curfew. There is a curfew, Yes, but they don't bother e dealing with it because they catch the teenager who's violating curfew, they're not going to be dealt with by the judicial component of the criminal justice system. The judges will let them out. Happens all the time, so much show that it's not even worth issuing a citation.
Speaker 8: Well, there was a question. I couldn't hear it very well. But I think one of the reporters yesterday at the news conference was asking about twenty twenty Auburn, the juvenile center or detention center whatever they call it, and that the police were being turned away when they tried to bring people up to twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Yes, so they had a you know, they have a capacity to show that Ken Ken said that specifically, Yeah, they have a capacity issue there, So what do they do about it? That's a good question. Maybe there isn't a program for that.
Speaker 8: They need a program for.
Speaker 1: That, another building, another place to take.
Speaker 8: I tell you this, five million dollars they want to spend on a day center for the homeless. That's controversial because there are existing programs that think they could handle, you know, the requirement or the need. But the city, for some other reason wants to spend five million on this building. Maybe they ought to turn the building into a detention center.
Speaker 1: Well, I like that idea. I mean, if there's not room enough to deal with the folks that are violating the law, then you need a place to put them. I mean, I don't well, a question of prioritization.
Speaker 8: Right exactly, That's exactly right, Brian.
Speaker 1: And without enforcement, without the penalty component. Say this all the time the criminal justice system, the deterrence element is one of the key principles on it. If you do something in violation of the law, there will be consequences. That's a message is not only to punish the person who is domb enough to violate the law, but it's a message to every kid out there or everybody else out there, this is what's going to happen to you. And get rid of that, and it's like, well, wait a second, nothing's going to happen to me, so why bother obeying the law?
Speaker 8: That's right, this whole act for sincey, this holistic approach to reducing gun violence. They had a three million dollar budget and it went to all of these nonprofits. And that's what this is all about, external organizations. And there's no way to measure whether anything they're doing has any impact on reducing gun violence. But it's they give away all this money.
Speaker 1: Well and they can say something like we have a program for that and we have already addressed that and you know, but yeah, again, this is kind of like USAID. It's a local versus of the USA. The money goes out into the world and you know, at least on a federal level, tens of millions of dollars to fund various programs around the globe. We don't know if that work was even done. No one's following the money, No one knows where it goes. What the salaries are being paid within these nonprofit organizational structures, and they all get pretty handsome salaries. Just because you're non probably doesn't mean your CEO isn't making three hundred four hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 8: Yet, that's exactly right.
Speaker 1: So that's what's happening locally. Then, Oh, we're a non violence we have a holistic approach to getting kids off the streets and getting them to play hockey at night or whatever.
Speaker 8: And but when the mayor showed up on the radio program and started talking about all the things they're doing to reduce gun violence, he never said a single word about this act. For Cincy, they have a program where they're basically paying people not to commit crimes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe we can dive into a few more of the details for that. And again, why didn't he announce it out loud early on? If it's such a great thing for the city of Cincinnati, we'll bring Todd Zinzer back. We have him for the full hour here in the morning show, seven to fifteen. Right now, time for you to mention odo exit which will not get rid of the stench of politics, as I always like to joke, but it gets rid of all the other odors that everyone encounters at some point, sometimes more regularly than others. Pet owners, you know what I'm talking about. They have products to get rid of pet owners. Human owners got someone near you who stinks. Maybe you got a weed smoker in the basement of your house and you want to get rid of that smoke smell. Yes, it works on smoke of all types, so mold, mildew. You know the human owners, pet oders, food oders. Get a product that works. One percent satisfaction guaranteed. They've been locally owned and operated and manufactured here Oto exit products for twenty five years and I'm doing a great job for folks. Use as directed. It'll get rid of the odor guaranteed, or you get your money back. Go to otor exit dot com figure out which product you need. It's easy to do that. Any questions called the toll free number. They are very helpful and if you order it right there, it'll be promptly delivered to your home. Or use the search engine on the website to find out where it's sold locally. If that odor cannot last another day, get it locally. Odor exit, od O, r XIT knowe odor exit dot com.
Speaker 5: This is fifty five KARC an iHeartRadio station, our iHeart Reader.
Speaker 1: Here's your channel nine first one one the podcast Sunny Day to Day. I do have a possible shower of thunderstorms showing up later this afternoon at some point, maybe though eighty six of the high clear of a night time to seventy it's got to be sunny, hot. Heem of tomorrow, isolated rain in the afternoons, a possibility ninety for the high muggy and seventy one overnight with clear skies, and a high on ninety one on Saturday with a decent chance for rain. They say seventy one right now. Let's get an update on.
Speaker 9: Traffic from the u See Health Traffic Center. You See Health has expert traumacare focusing on prevention, treating injuries, and supporting long term recovery and rehabilitation. Learn more at you see health dot com. Traffic is slow this morning, and I seventy five southbound between Ronald Reagan Highway and Paddock Road. You're slow seventy five northbound between Buttermilk Pike and Twelfth Street, and there's a stall seventy five northbound at two seventy five on the left shoulder. I'm Heather Pasco on fifty five krc the talk.
Speaker 1: Station seven nineteen fifty five KRCD Talk Station. Brian Tomouth with Citizen Watchdog Todd Zenzer get his podcasts and Watchdog and uh maybe become friends of them. On fay, he's always pointing posting things related to maybe corruption, fraud, ways to be used inaction, outright stupidity with regard to what the City of Cincinnati's doing dealing with its relative or various rather challenges. We were talking about this Act for Sincy program to are a blueprint for violence production that says on the cover of the materials achieving change together. This came out in January. You mentioned without any fanfare, without any formal notice, that here were implementing this program. But as you just got done explaining, it funds a bunch of non governmental organization outside groups who claim to have the solution on various levels for the problem with violence and the system or in er in the system. What type of if you know, if any, what type of vetting goes on before any given NGO accepts money from the city to achieve their purported goal. There's got to be some presentation to someone, Someone has to add them to the limitless list of NGOs out there with their hand hopefully in the cookie jar. So what process do they go through to find out whether these proposals are going to have any impact or effect and then get the award to the exclusion of other NGOs we already know. There's no follow up on whether the programs work after the money's awarded, but the lead upright, how do you get on the list of people with their hand in the cookie jar?
Speaker 8: Well, there's so many of these programs. I've counted so far, over two hundred NGOs getting money or nonprofits or NGOs getting money from the city, ranging from you know, fifteen hundred dollars to a quarter of a million dollars or actually I think the highest I know of is like three hundred and twenty five thousand dollars. And there's there is a program or a process for what they call leverage support, which is what many of these organizations they make application for those moneies, and that's that's become an annual thing. And during budget season they all go down in a congo line and request money from the city council and not all of them get it. No, That's what's surprising is how many organizations apply for this money they don't get it.
Speaker 1: So see, that's I always wanted to emphasize that because again there's always a limitless number of people that want some money from government. Now, the question is how do you weed through. Let's say a thousand groups show up and there's only you know, one hundred different one hundred allocations that they have money for.
Speaker 8: High Who wins That's a good question. The city council. They pick winners and losers when it comes to that, and the city manager has an application process for at least leverage support and probably for all these others. And they tell they tell the organization what they're looking for, for example, reducing gun violence, and all of a sudden, all these NGOs that before now we're worried about climate change or whatever, are now worried about gun violence. And their proposals they just switch keywords in there about how their work is going to reduce gun violence. Even the Art Academy, for example, they showed up many at many meetings requesting money and they've been getting funding for years and years, but the city council is going to cut them back. And they made the case that their work at the Art Academy contributes to a reduction of violence. And they believe that, and all these groups that are working in this area think that if they do a good job, that violence will be reduced.
Speaker 1: Well, I suppose one could lean on the argument that, well, if the kid's here in an art class for two hours, then he can't be out committing crime. Air go it reduces crime. Yes, it's some kind of logic chain like that. I'm sorry to laugh. This is so sad and pathetic. This really doesn't call for laughter.
Speaker 8: Yeah, the normal person, or the regular or Cincinnatian will have trouble connecting dance lessons to reducing violence. That's just not Most people can't connect that in their own minds.
Speaker 1: No, but I think that's a logical and reasonable inability. Yes, the connection isn't there. So how could people possibly connect it unless they fall back on the argument that they just made well the kids in a dance lesson for a couple hours.
Speaker 8: Yeah. So, the way I looked at it, a lot of these programs that they're funding, it seems more like we're trying to help the community kind of thrive or to live despite all the violence. These types of programs help them, you know, survive through that.
Speaker 1: They fuel the economic engine of the city by putting dollars out there. Two organizations that maybe don't accomplish anything. At least the money's out there, and presumably those organizations will spend it on something, even if it's just going out to dinner at a restaurant.
Speaker 8: That's right, that's that's the government, that's the city government we have.
Speaker 1: I think we've put hit the nail on the head, which is exactly what Todds ends are done, so it does all the time. I understand we also have a pension problem. Not as bad as Chicago and Illinois, but we got a pension problem. We're gonna talk about that with Todds. Enzer will take a break right now seven twenty five and let me mention and strongly encourage you to get in touch with it. My friends at Plumb tight plumbing, plumb type plumbing, they know you deserve better. They deliver on better, better customer service, better pricing, efficient plumbing, wonderfully done plumbing. It's great work they do. I know because I've seen a lot of it in my house. Matter of fact, I think about it every day. Go to the end of the remodeled bathroom. I know who did the plumbing work on that. No service fees, free estimates be a a plus with a better business Bureau, Dry State's number one installer for tankless water heaters. Go tankless, endless, limitless hot water. The hot water's on, you're gonna get hot water out of it. It's just a real wild thing. And they're efficient, very energy efficiency. You can save some money. They last longer than ten heaters and they take up a lot less space. So consider tankless if your water heater needs to be replaced. Trenchless sewer line repair, no digging up your yard. They do trenchless with plumb tight plumbing. So if you have a sewer line problem you need to have it replaced, maybe go with plumb tight for all your plumbing needs. It's always plumbing done right and they live by that model. Tom Brian said, how man you call get the appointment of five one three seven seven eighty four eighty three. It's five one three seven two seven tight online and fine them at plumbtight dot com fifty five KRC the talk station, OHC. Here's your channel nine. First one to wether forecast. A sunny day for the most part, Q Isolated shower storms are a possibility later today eighty six for the high it's going to be clear and mild over night seventy for the low ninety hour high Tomorrow, we're gonna be also be humid and a possible isolated shower in the afternoon. Clear over Friday night muggy as well, with a low seventy one and a decent chances rain on Saturday, they're saying, and it's going to go all the way up to ninety one seventy one degrees. Right now, it is time for traffic.
Speaker 9: From the u See Health Traffic Center. You See Health has expert traumacare focusing on prevention, treating injuries, and supporting long term recovery and rehabilitation. Learn more at you see health dot com. You're heavy and slow in pockets seventy five southbound between the Ronald Reagan Highway and Paddock Road. Also with the stall seventy five northbound at two seventy five on the left shoulder, that will have you a little slow as well. I'm Heather Pasco on fifty five KRC, the talk station.
Speaker 1: It's seven twenty nine right time, was here with Todd Censer and studio going over City of Cincinnati issues. So we went over the gun violence and the violence and the crime problem generally speaking, and the proposal from the city, which basically are funding a bunch of outside, non gouvernmental organizations with zero to very little accountability. Let us move on over to another area that's been a real problem for a very long time. I'm sinc they's pension problems underfunded. Is that a reasonable word to slap on the situation?
Speaker 8: Yes, very much so.
Speaker 1: And for how long has this been festering?
Speaker 8: Well, the pension liability was the subject of a civil complaint, federal complaint back in twenty fifteen, and there was a settlement that is now governing the pension liability, and they are required by twenty forty five, so that the settlement gives them thirty years to get the thing up to one hundred percent. But the thing is it was it was settled in twenty fifteen, so ten years ago, and they look at the funding ratio, which is how much of the liability do they need to fix by a certain date. So they're supposed to be one hundred percent funded by twenty forty five, right, and when this when the agreement was as uh finalized, they were at seventy seven percent that ten years ago.
Speaker 1: There ten years ago, seventy seven percent funded this.
Speaker 8: Year sixty eight percent.
Speaker 1: Oh hey, going to the right direction.
Speaker 8: It's gone down every every year.
Speaker 1: And well we'll fix it later. Is that the attitude. Yeah, this seems like Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, and social welfare safety net programs that are all scheduled to be belly up by a certain date. Well, in Congress never does anything.
Speaker 8: It is exactly the same. So with respect to with respect to Congress, when it gets when when it gets to the point where they can't kick the can down the road anymore, they just they just print the money.
Speaker 1: Print the money, or tell you're not going to get as much as we promise.
Speaker 8: That's right. Cincinnati can't do that exactly. So the Futures Commission said the pension liability was the number one concern in the city and this council, and that was two years ago. Now that they the or was it two years or one year the Future's Commission issued its report.
Speaker 6: They're not.
Speaker 8: They have done very little different and it's not that difficult. So the reason that I talked about it recently on my podcast is because at the end of the the last meeting before the summer break that the the city manager slipped in the annual report from the Pension from the Pension uh outfit, and it has five recommendations in it. Four of them are totally unacceptable, you know, reduce, reduce benefits. One of them is the thing that the Future Commission wants to do is they want to regionalize the waterworks and monetize that. Take that money, put it into the pension and make the pension attractive for the state pension system to take it over. Well, that that's going to do that, No, that's not going to happen. It's a long shot at best. It requires a referendum to get rid of the water works. So the only thing they're left with is to put more money into the pension fund.
Speaker 1: That's the solution to the problem.
Speaker 8: And if you look at their recommendation, it would require an extra I mean they're making a contribution now. It's about I think it's up into sixty million or sixty four million dollars a year they put into the pension liability or the pension fund. The pension fund, they have more people taking out than they have putting in. And according to this recommendation from the trustees, it would take whatever the city's putting in now put in an extra two million dollars every year, year after year on top of that, and they're projecting that if the city does that, it will be one hundred percent by twenty forty five, like those settlement requires. And why we're looking at all these other options and all this other stuff. I don't get that just put the money in it set.
Speaker 1: Well, if you take it and put it into the pension system, that means there's fewer non government organizations out there in the world that they're gonna get funded because they don't have enough money to go around.
Speaker 8: That is my exact concern. We're gonna keep spending money trying to save people and they may not save the city.
Speaker 1: Well, and the practical and correct me if I'm wrong on this, The practical effect of that is the worst. The pension problem is the worst. Are bond rating.
Speaker 8: Well, yes, it has definitely have implications like.
Speaker 1: That, which means if they ever want to borrow money for a big project, they're going to pay a half a lot more money and interest on it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Well, they have no problem borrowing money, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: Lord Almighty, that's an easy fix to todd Well, it really is. It's just like, okay, we must allocate primary first and foremost. Here's the money we need to put in the pension system to keep it alive and to comply with the settlement agreement. We only have a window of opportunity here and it's quickly running out, and it, Lily is getting worse. So here's the money done, what's left over right right, absolutely, and then we'll divide that up among maybe infrastructure, repairing roads and keeping bridges together, and the fleet which is falling apart apparently got to have more money allocated to that and some other issues we'll talk about with dot censor. Well, do you have any good news to talk about with what's going on the city today? Todd pause, seven thirty five. Right now, if you five KRC detox station, get rid of your pain, it is a possibility. QC kinetics. If you've been dealing with your doc and doing the steroid shots. You know hip pain, knee pain, shoulder pain, the arthritic pain that you're struggling with, and maybe you've talked about surgery with your doctor and you're not all excited about that. A lot of downtime, a lot of question marks, and of course the issues that go along with surgery. Generally speaking, well, have you considered an alternative? And there is an alternative out there, it's the folks a QC kinetic leaders in regenerative of medicine. These treatments like advanced cellular therapy and platement rich platelet rich plasma which are injected into these sites specifically where the pain is, which help your body heal itself. These are natural treatments that come from your body concentrated in place where the pain is, growth factors, healing properties to maximize your own body's ability to heal itself. Huge patient satisfaction reports. QC says about ninety two percent of their patient reports satisfaction with the results. And that you know, of course, leaves me over to why not ask them if these treatments might solve your problem and do that by taking them up on their offer of a free consultation. Love that word free. So the licensed medical providuct a QC connects with over your situation with you and look into whether or not they're work for you or not, as the case may be. But call them five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine that's five one, three, eight, four seven, zero zero one nine fifty five. KRC Shadow nine says the following about the weather, sunny sky is today, maybe a few isolated showers of stormed possible later this afternoon eighty six for the high clear of the night, seventy tomorrow, high in ninety with humidity and another chance of isolated rain in the afternoon. Clear skies every night, buggy and seventy one, and a decent chance of rain on Saturday. They're saying it's also going to be hot going up the ninety one degrees. Seventy one degrees right now, let's get to traffic updates.
Speaker 9: From the u SEE Health Traffic Center. You see Health has expert traumacare focusing on prevention, treating injuries, and supporting long term recovery rehabilitation. Learn more at you see health dot com. I'm seeing the fog clearing outs and a little bit of sunshine this morning. An earlier stall seventy five northbound at I two to seventy five is just cleared from the left shoulder. As you're moving a bit better here, what do you have some pockets of heavy traffic like an I seventy five southbound Galberth Road to Paddock Road. I'm Heather Pasco and fifty five krc's the Talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven on a Thursday. Bryan timas here where Citizen Watchdog todds In's or check out his podcast. Citizen Watchdog deals with a lot of the issues that we're going through this morning. City Cincinnati focused issues. We talked earlier about violence, We talked about the pension problem. We've got a simple problem to solve. You just need to allocate the money up front and sufficient quantities that you'll be able to replenish the pension pursuing to the settlement agreement from twenty fifteen by calendar year twenty forty five. I mean, it sounds like you have forever to do this, but it only gets worse. Still blows my mind now, which leads me to the question before we get to mismanagement and lack of accounty, lack of accountability from city leaders on a variety of other areas, including like the fleet fifty percent of which I guess is out of service, maintenance upkeep prepares, some of it needs to be replaced. It's one of the reasons we had problems with snow removal, fire trucks, all that kind of stuff. Right, So another simple you know, yeah, gotta take care of it. Maintenance, upkeep, and replacement is a simple function of government. It's a known entity. Do you get the impression? And I asked you this specifically, are they just asleep at the wheel or are they dealing with something else that's a higher priority for I mean from from their perspective for the use of the city taxpayer dollars.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Well, the the agenda that that they carry out is very progressive, all of these programs for you know, the social programs, et cetera. They have a financial freedom blueprint that I'm looking into that is just a variety of things that they're funding. I think I I think I counted like eleven million dollars going into their financial freedom program.
Speaker 1: What the hell is financial freedom program?
Speaker 8: You It's it's hard to it's hard to believe. But they have, like I don't know, twenty different things they're working on, uh to promote financial freedom of you know, the various segments.
Speaker 1: Of the population. What does that even mean?
Speaker 8: Financial freedom? For example, they have appropriated money to give to kids for savings accounts. Right, They do things like that, and I don't have the list with me, but it's well, wait a minute, I do have the list with me. I'll give you an example, Okay, all right, it's launch a program to prevent eviction by supporting tenants with legal services and emergency assistants. They're going to fund that at a million dollars. That was a couple of years ago. Okay, so those are those are the kind of things that they do. They give it's it. It follows a very detailed analysis of you know, how the underserved populations became underserved and how they're going to work out of that.
Speaker 1: All right, let me just walk through this logically if I can. So you're out there in the world, you're having a problem paying the red City Cincinnati will give you money to cover the hole you're in, so you get your rent paid? Yes, then what about next month? Unless you change that person's circumstance to where they have a job and can afford to make enough money to cover rent, then the problem is never going to go away. You're just constantly providing handouts to folks who are dealing with that circumstance.
Speaker 8: Right, And I don't really know exactly how they administer the program.
Speaker 1: But oh, like going back to the other programs, you don't know how they administer.
Speaker 8: But they have a lot going on in that regard. They have a lot going on with the financial freedom, They have a lot going on with the Green Cincinnati Plan. They have a lot going on with this alternative to response to response.
Speaker 1: Crisis, to rethink the police component.
Speaker 8: And that's all related to this act for since the it And they have all of these things going on, and you really have to wonder whether any of them are working. And they don't have the thing that bothers me the most that there's no oversight in the city whatsoever.
Speaker 1: Right, there's no inspector general.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 8: They have an internal audit manager, and I think she's issued some, you know, a few good reports, but I also don't think that the city council reads the reports. And the fleet the fleet audit, the audit of the city's fleet is a prime example. She issued her audit on the problems with the fleet in January of twenty four, a year before this winter storm Blair, and had the city council read the report or even this, I don't even know if the city manager reads the report. Maybe they could have taken care of some of this stuff.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm a little suspect on your conclusion. It is maybe they could have taken care of this, and any responsible elected official would have. But going back to their you know, the settlement of the pension programming, that is a settlement. There is an obligation, legal obligation to fund it. They didn't do that, and I'm sure they're all aware of that. So priorities. I think there's a failure of priorities here on the council. Seven forty five one more with Todd Zenzer, with Ivan a few more of these related issues. After I mentioned Affordable imaging services, Affordable men Imaging dot com is where you find them online. It's where you get Echo Cardigram's MRIs CT scans and ultrasounds for thousands less, I mean thousands of dollars, saving thousands of dollars for the exact same service. Hospital imaging department we'll charge you, like to say, for a CT scan five grand and climbing maybe you get a separate bill for the radiologist report. Uh No, I've done my CT scans at Affordable Imaging Services four hundred and fifty with no contrast six hundred with the contrast, and those low prices come with the board certified radiology support included, so I've never had a problem. My doctor has never complained. The images are again exactly like the hospital, just that there's low overhead, and by keeping the overhead low, they passed along these massive savings to you. Jeff, you're out there.
Speaker 6: I know it.
Speaker 1: Every time I mentioned affordable imaging, he sends me three smiley faces in an email because he saved thirty one hundred dollars compared to the hospital imaging department when he got his CT scan. So get it, get a scan, Get it Affordable Imaging Services. You have an exercise, give a right to exercise your choice, so exercise it. Five one three seven five three eight thousand, seven five three eight thousand. Online you'll find them at Affordable Medimaging dot com.
Speaker 4: Fifty five KRC, Channel nine, first on one.
Speaker 1: Forecast sunny skies today if you isolated showers and storms may pop up later Today. Eighty six will be our highest seventy over night, with clear skies ninety to high tomorrow. It'll also be very humid and a chance of isolated rain in the afternoon. Clear overnight muggy and seventy one and a good chance of rain they say for Saturday, it's going all the way up in ninety one on Saturday. Right now, it's seventy one and ty for traffic.
Speaker 9: From the u SEE Health Traffic Center. You See Health has expert traumacare focusing on prevention, treating injuries, and supporting long term recovery and rehabilitation. Learn more at you seehealth dot com. Traffic is heavy and slow. We've got some backups and I seventy five northbound between Buttermill Pike and Twelfth Street. It's also slow on I four seventy one northbound between Bellevue and I seventy one. I'm Heather Pasco on fifty five krc the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven fifty the fifty five KRCD talk station speaking of crime in the GREATERSINCINNTI area. Aaron Winer. He's a member of the Clifton Community Council, also running for council as a charter Right about the street takeover incident that's going to take place. After the top of the UR news, then we'll hear from Jay Ratliff closed out in a real positive note with our iHeartMedia aviation expert nothing positive on our discussion. The discussion has been a wonderfully enlightening one. Todd Zenzer in studio, he's our citizen watchdog going through the what I would argue failure of priorities by the decision making on counsel and the mayor went through quite a few of these. You mentioned the sidewalk repair. Yes, obviously we have a huge infrastructure problem in the city. I had the railway wave. Money was supposed to generate sufficient revenue to handle the roads and existing infrastructure. We still have a pothole problem. I don't know they've ever repaid Sunset had to get that in there. But sidewalk repair now is sidewalk repair. This is something that they allocated money for.
Speaker 8: Yes, they'd started a pilot program on sidewalk repair funded at one hundred thousand dollars, which and again the way it works is people calling to complain about their neighbors sidewalks, right, and the city goes out and evaluates and they give it a grade of good, fair, and condemned.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 8: So if you're fair, you need to fix it, but we're not going to order you to fix it. But if it's condemned, you're ordered by the city to fix it.
Speaker 1: The sidewalk is the property owner's responsibility.
Speaker 8: That's that's the way the municipal code reads right now.
Speaker 1: Ya interesting, even though the property owner didn't build the sidewalk in the first place, the city built it.
Speaker 8: That's that's right.
Speaker 1: Okay, But you got to pay for it yourself, that's right.
Speaker 8: And so I guess one of the members of council got complaints or somebody gave her a good idea to use railway money to fix the sidewalks. So that's what she wants to do. And then the Vice mayor jumps in and she joins the h She joins the effort, but for only for the rising fifteen neighborhoods, So this is going to be limited to the to seven neighborhoods identified by the DOTE the Department of Transportation. And the thing is that that the department already has a sidewalk repair program and it's they they you know, they do take care of like the gutters and the and the curves and things like that, and the property owner takes care of the sidewalks themselves. So it's a kind of a joint effort. And if you go back and look at the list of the four hundred million dollars in deferred maintenance that the city generated during the campaign. Although I've never seen four hundred million, I've seen two hundred and fifty. Residential sidewalks are not on that list. So we have another four hundred million dollars worth of infrastructure to take care of. Why would we add to that by taking on the responsibility responsibility that's right now.
Speaker 1: Well, it's the same thing as paying rent for people who can't pay the rent, right, Yes, if I can't pay the rent, I'm sure as hell can't afford to pay to have my sidewalk replaced.
Speaker 8: That's right. So it's, as you mentioned, it's a matter of priorities. But it seems to me that we should be tackling that four hundred million dollars before we take on additional and it would it would be about two million dollars if we were to fix If the city were to fix every condemned sidewalk in the city, which they say is about seven hundred and fifty a year, it'd be about two million dollars a year. The average cost they say for repairing sidewalks is twenty five hundred bucks.
Speaker 1: All right. Let I mean, I guess a couple of questions on that. They also have hundreds and hundreds of road miles that they're supposed to be repairing each and every year. They have the money that's supposed to be allocated for that, but they don't stay on top of it. They keep getting further and further behind. So even if they said, all right, here's two million dollars we're going to allocate toward repairing the sidewalks, that doesn't mean that they're actually going to get repaired in any given calendar year.
Speaker 8: That's right, Just like the extra money that we're going to get for the rail sale, there's no guarantee that they're going to have the capacity to spend it. I mean, the city staff is only so big. They're contracting capabilities or only so much. They can only do so much in a period of time. And so the city council member she wants to come in and add to their workload. Even the city manager, she wrote a memo about all this. Even she pointed out that, well, you know, if we do this sidewalk repair program that these council members are talking about we're not going to be able to do the other part of our program, yes, or it's going to impact our ability to do that. But the council members don't care. They think that we have limited staff resources, and they just pile it on.
Speaker 1: Todd Zenzer shining a bright light on the I would argue dysfunction since a city council and the mayor, well, I'm not going to solve all these problems today, but thankfully Todd has been identifying them. It seems to be that some of them are rather easy to ident or to fix if they prioritize properly and put aside their pet projects behind the scenes that they seem to be more broadly focused on. Todd, You're a blessing to our community. I can't thank you nough for the work that you do watching out for these things and reporting regularly on your Facebook page and your Citizen Watchdog podcast. Folks, bookmark that one and make sure you check out what Todd has to say. Todd, I'll look forward to having you back in studio soon.
Speaker 8: I'd love to be here.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I know you're going to have another unlimited list of things to talk about. Seven fifty five fifty five kr CD talk station. We're in here from Aaron Winer from the Clifton Community Council on the street takeover incident. He'll join the program after the news, followed by Jay Ratliff. I sure hope you can stick around. Still be called the twelve Day War. I suppose that's what we were nicknaming it already.
Speaker 11: Another update at the top of the hour, the use of military force.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRZ the talk station. This report is sponsored bomber Ice Chefs of Information. It's essential to know what's going on inside KARC the talk station. Hey, No. Five fifty five care CD talk station. Happy Friday Eve. You know what that means? Jay Radlfe at the Bottomy are I heard needy aviation extort always closed the show out on a positive note with Jay on Thursday, and I'm pleased to welcome. Timing couldn't be better, considering we've been talking a lot about violence in the Cincinnati and Greater Cincinnati. Aaron Winer's joining the program. Aaron is a member of the Clifton Community Council, but he's also running for Cincinnati City Council as a charter right erin It's great to have you on the program. Thanks for joining the show.
Speaker 5: Hey, thanks for having me. Good morning and morning Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: And I will let folks know it's a winer for Cincinnati. W E I N E R four f O R Cincinnati dot com. That's where you find his campaign website. He's also on Facebook. Before we get to what you're running on as council and what your vision, excuse me, your vision and your priorities are for the for the city. In your role as a Clifton Community Council member, you had a bit of a problem on your hands. I guess it was this past Sunday, a late night with our calling street takeover on Ludlow Avenue. Apparently more than eighty people crowded street, blocking traffic, intimidating people and it got kind of and so much so that my understanding is the there was a fire truck that was trying to get out. They couldn't get the fire truck out to go on a run. That's kind of scary. This came up in your your council meeting on Monday, did it not correct?
Speaker 13: So first of all, just for the record, I'm not on Clifton Town meeting. I'm a member of the Clifton Town Meeting. I'm a Clifton resident and along with but I'm not one of the officers, but i can certainly speak to the issue because I'm very I'm very well informed.
Speaker 1: Of course, you are an actively involved, concerned citizen. That qualifies you because concern.
Speaker 13: And I'm a member and I'm a member of Clifton Town Meeting. So so essentially let me start with some history. So this particular business has been sort of a score to the community for quite some time. It started in fall of twenty three when Facebook posts have been posted for after parties at this business of Hoogabar, so.
Speaker 1: Talking about the Bohemian Hookah Cafe.
Speaker 13: Correct, correct, So it started in the fall twenty three. They were posting on the Facebook page after parties and they first started indoor sort of non nondescript things, which slowly turned into pouring into the outdoors and loud dancing and disruption, which turned into selling alcohol and other things out of the cars and just disruption. So you know, over multiple occasions, CTM had reached out and also our business district, we have a Business District association as well, has engaged the police, has engaged City City Law Apartment. They have cameras of it, they have video of it. And each time that we've brought this to the attention, you know, we can't prove anything. We can't we can't identify people. So it's an ongoing thing. Which basically the culmination of this was what happened over the fourth of July weekend, which was one of these events, which was probably extra escalated because it was a holiday. Eighty plus people about three forty three thirty in the morning to four o'clock in the morning, so July, you know, July fifth into the sixth, and on Sunday, just the crowd in the street.
Speaker 6: It is true.
Speaker 13: You know, we have our firehouse right there on the on the street at the corner of Ludlow and Clifton, and that was blocked that they couldn't get out. Police showed up. They quickly realized that this is out of hand, certainly I not. Tatoes were used and pepper balls were used, and they realized that they didn't have enough people to actually handle it. Calder backup, which was not readily imagine that. So it escalated. There were arrests, there were guns, and obviously could have been a lot worse. There was a felony assault on an officer, and this could have been a lot worse. There could have been a shooting, there could have you know, who knows where that fire truck was going. Where they going to someone's house that was having an emergency. You know, we don't really know that part of the story yet. So I mean, basically, this is just sort of a culmination and and sort of the pinnacle of what was what's been going on in the neighborhood for a good part of almost two years. And I think what really sort of surprises me is I keep up on the news, and certainly I was out of town actually when this was going on, but it was shocked that this happened Sunday and I didn't hear about this. No one heard about this un till Tuesday when the news broke through through our business association CTM. You know, why was this not it's brought out in the news. I mean, this just happened in Blue ash, which was all over the news.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right, you.
Speaker 13: Know how fing this was sort of swept under the rug, and you know, I didn't even hear about it as an involved neighbor until Tuesday when the news broke.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, we've had a real problem at least collectively observing the reactions of Cincinna City Council and the mayor to the lot of the violence that's going on. I mean, this isn't the first gang of unruly people who've gathered together in sufficient numbers to overwhelm the police. Silence seems to be deafening for at least from the mayor's office and from the council members. So maybe this is just a concerted effort. It's bad for business, it's bad for marketing. It makes the city look bad. It makes Clifton look bad if we find out we got gangs of kids that are showing up at three o'clock in the morning outside of this hookah bar, partying in the street and waving guns around, and maybe they just want to sleep it under the rug. I'm left to speculate on that. Aaron, But this bohemian hookah cafe, according to Channel nine, they're open between four pm and four am every day, that is past bar closure time. They're not a they don't have a liquor license, but don't the bars in the in the Clifton area and your community close at two o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 13: That's correct. That's correct. I mean I think some actually might can close earlier, depending on the traffic that that they received that night.
Speaker 1: Sure, So the Bohemian Huko Cafe not having a liquor license, but apparently drawing the attention of a bunch of people that want to hang out there. That's how you end up having alcohol being sold out of cars because it's past bar open time. But if there's an opportunity to make a little money and people are going to continue to want to drink, that's obviously that's going to happen, or at least seems logical that it's happening. That's correct.
Speaker 13: It's an attractive nuisance. Realize what it is.
Speaker 1: So are they going to close down? I saw that the reporting indicated that the owner of the establishment's building is trying to evict the Bohemian Huka Cafe as the city helped along those lines. Have they been identified as a nuisance business yet? Are we moving in that direction?
Speaker 13: As far as far as I know, that has not been identified and that that's not been part of that equation. No, I mean, I think certainly the landlord has has recourse with their own process. But as far as we're Stardline'm concerned, there really has not been much of an effort yet through the city.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, now that it's made the news eron and it's and you obviously have been aware of it living in the neighborhood. You've talked about the videos that have been shown to the police in the past and all, we can't identify who that is, but that doesn't suggest that it isn't happening. Look, there's the crowd of people. I know, we can't figure out who's in that crowd, but look what's going on all the time. It seems to me the natural reaction will be to post they have a broader, larger police presence right there outside of the hookah bar to keep people from congregating and engaging in this kind of activity.
Speaker 13: I mean, I think that would crotinly be helpful. And certainly in the past we have you know, they've certainly gone, but they just say they can't they can't prove it, they can't find you know, what they're doing driven by before. But again, I mean, I think certainly that the presence would there's no substitute for an act of deterrence, and that's that's having the police presence, you know, during during the.
Speaker 1: Situation, all right, And what is concerning about this is that maybe the most logical and simplest solution just get a whole bunch more officers up there to keep them from engaging in criminal activity otherwise blocking the street to the fire department. But as you pointed out, the police that were there appreciated that they were overwhelmed by the numbers, were probably afraid given the number of people there, called for backup, which wasn't immediately available. So we run into that problem all the time, Aaron. The police are already working multiple overtime hours. They're short staff. I think they're down one hundred and fifty plus. They've got more people every day who are announcing early retirement. I talked to the FLP president about on the program earlier this week, and that's a frightening thing. And I know part of your campaign plan for running for CINCINNY City Council is, you know, expanding the number of officers and increasing the classes. But that's that takes a while to accomplish. So we're dealing with the real police shortage here. Is really what this comes down to. Correct.
Speaker 13: Correct, My understanding is we're about nine hundred and change and we should be about twelve hundred and change to sort of meet the requirements for three of our size. Well that's a huge gap.
Speaker 1: Aaron, you want to talk about your campaign, we'll bring you back and dive on into some of the platform you're running on. Aaron Winer, that's correct. Let's thank you. So let's do that. So pause, let's pause, which I mean I'm at break time. So I'll bring you back and we'll dive on maybe a little bit more of this, but also your platform for since any city count so lord knows, we could use a refreshing change. And Aaron may very well be that guy age fifteen right now, I fifty five k see the talk station. Let me first mentioned cover sincy, the phone call that you should make, phone call that won't cost you anything, the phone call that won't oblige you to do anything, a phone call that will result and cover sincy. Looking at you your situation, maybe your family's on your medical insurance, but it's all about medical insurance and you probably got one of those plans or your employer. It's one size fits, although it really does, and lots and lots and lots of holes in the bucket massive out of pocket liability, most notably if you're, like on Obamacare, looking at ten thousand dollars out of pocket next year. Oh and by the way, that tax credit it goes away if you make more than sixty four grand in the next calendar years. So if you're operating with the tax credit, which is what makes it affordable, you need to talk to John Roulman. He is your broker, working with hundreds of insurance companies across the table from you and John and his team they're not beholding to any one of them. They have an allegation to you to sift through all of the thousands of available policies and find out one that best suits your needs, needs which can change over time. So John on the team to look at where you are, what you've got, come up with a better solution, one that'll provide dollar one coverage in many many cases where you don't have it, and will cost you less. Can you imagine that better medical insurance, less money? Does it every single day and to great satisfaction. The listeners that have gotten in touch with John and the team have been really happy. I get a lot of emails and communications about how much how the financial bottom line in the medical coverage is better. So call them up, let them do the analysis for you. Let them come up with a better way. Five one three eight hundred call that's five one three eight hundred two two five five. There's a form online you can fill out. They won't give your information to anybody. It stays right there with them. Cover Sincy dot com fifty five KRC for more information about contests. On this date, eight nineteen fifty five KERR CD talk Station Ryan Thomas with Aaron Weiner running for Cincinnia City Council. You have a choice out there. You don't have to go with the same old, same old. Doing the same thing over and over again is the definition of stupidity if you're expecting a different result. Weiner for Cincinnati we I an e R fo R Cincinnati dot COM's his website for his campaign, or he can find him on Facebook at Aaron with two A's Winer for Cincinnati City Council. Aaron, what of your priorities? And I appreciate your priorities public safety and law enforcement. Along the lines of what we've been talking about youth violence and crime prevention. Quite often these roving gangs include a bunch of underage young people. How they are out in how they get away with being out at three o'clock in the morning, That to me seems a family issue. But we do have a curfew. And one thing I learned from the FOP president other's on law enforcement. They don't even bother picking them up for truancy violations because nothing is ever done. There's no room at the inn in terms of locking them up overnight, and the judicial system usually just dismisses the case outright, just no done, We're gonna let him go. So how do we solve that problem? Because that's a critical leg of the criminal justice system is unishment. It acts as a deterrence to others they know they're going to get in trouble if they do something, and it also punishes the person who broke the law. If you take that out, I say, you basically destroyed the concept of law enforcement.
Speaker 13: Correct, correct? So I mean I think first of all, it starts by by saying that unfortunately, we can't parent everyone's child.
Speaker 1: And I think it does.
Speaker 13: It does, it does start it in the home, and there's certainly there's certainly lots of nuances to that.
Speaker 1: But I do agree with you.
Speaker 13: I think we need we can't have law as if we don't enforce them. I mean, truancy is an important part of that, and I think that should be followed up on. And it starts and it starts there. I mean, if it's if you start catching things early, it prevents things that happen later, and I think it does. It does boil down to consequences. I think, you know, growing up, we learned that if if if you did act, then why could happen?
Speaker 1: Absolutely and why why.
Speaker 13: Could that could be the worst case possible.
Speaker 1: So we learned that we just didn't do that.
Speaker 5: Or you know, if we got away with it once, great, but it probably won't happen again.
Speaker 1: No, just thinking of my day my late father and mother or my mom is still with those But yeah, they did not abide this kind of behavior. Period. If they found me that I was at at three o'clock in the morning hanging out with a gang, uh and maybe getting perhaps of being a victim of a drive by shooting, Trust me, there would be hell to pay in my house.
Speaker 13: Right absolutely, and again it's not. It's not that I'm not for I mean, I know that some of the things that we're doing in the city or are providing programs and so forth, and it's not that I'm against that. I do think, you know, certain certain programs that are doing are good. But that's really not that's a social problem. That's not that's that's that's a social fix, that's not a law enforcement fix. So while I m for some of that, it's not it's not it's not the solution. It's certainly in certainly kids do need things to do. You know, we can't go to King's Island anymore under a certainty, So I get it. There's you know, there's there's things that I could have done as a kid that maybe people can't do now. So I totally get that. But still it does it does boil down to if X happens, then why will happen as well? And I do think we did need to take take this seriously and actually have consequences. And you know, you know, the magistrates can't just release someone back if they've gotten to trouble. Let's let's let's have a plan on that that does have some consequences. Does take away some freedoms for a while. Yeah, and hopefully that curbs the problem.
Speaker 1: Another thing I see on your list of priorities, and this is going to put a small lot of my listeners faces repealing connected communities ran into this. It's as if the city council does not care about the local nature of the different neighborhoods that are in the city of Cincinnati. We saw this unfold with bond Hill Hyde Park. They first shove connected communities as a zoning concept on all of the neighborhoods without consulting them and regardless of whether or not they were interested in it, and then offer waivers to connected developers like in Hyde Park to go outside of connected communities and build whatever it is these developers.
Speaker 13: One.
Speaker 1: Now, that's going to be at least on the ballot this fall, and I think there are going to be a lot of people voting in favor of that. But you'd just like to repeal the whole connecting community's concept.
Speaker 13: Correct. Well, let me start with the genesis of my campaign, which is very much in line with what you've just said, is that I'm sitting here right now in my office on Hyde Park Square and I've been My business has been here for over twenty years, and my particular office is part of that, at the center of the controversial development. And that's sort of what has I think about Rerny for cos Council for a long time. But that's sort of what catapulted me into jumping into the race, because all of a sudden, I became a stakeholder in this in this this large issues, so to get to get back to connected communities. And obviously I'm in real estate, so I'm sitting in my real estate office. I'm for development. I've been around for all the genres of development in Cincinnati, from when they were building the comments of the in the Central Business District to Gate Recorder to OTR to Main Street to Walla Hill. I've been involved in all of them. I'm for development right. What I'm against are a couple things. The first thing is, you know we have we are a unique city of hill of Hills and the River. To have a one size fits all brushstroke across the city does not make sense to me. If you get in your car and you drive from College Hill down the North Side and in the Clifton and each neighborhood has different needs, So why would we have a brushstroke across the whole city? Is a one size fits all, you know. Getting getting back to Clifton, where this where this whole incident happened, we were talking about. You know, one of the things we didn't talk about is there's apartment buildings all around there that are getting that we're involved. There's density in Clifton.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 13: But my point is My point is is that each neighborhood has their own needs. So to just put a breaststroke across the entire city, to me without consideration of the individual needs of the community, with with with bad legislation, Which is another reason why I wanted to use my experience as a real tour to have these discussions about development and these touch issues and be the adult in the in the room that's we're discussing them. Because I believe in the city and I want to make sure that we preserve the architecture. There's a reason why fifty movies have been filmed in since and now you're over the last several years, over the last many years. It's our architecture, it's our character, you know, that's an asset we.
Speaker 1: Need to product. Aaron wer speaking my line. I appreciate what you have to say. I really strongly encourage my Cincinnati listeners to get over to your website and learn more about what you stand for. Some really good priorities here, Aaron, it's winer for Cincinnati dot com erin. You're welcome on the show and we'll talk again, hopefully between now and this fall in the election. I wish you all the best of luck, sir.
Speaker 13: Thank you for having me. I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: My pleasure A twenty seven right now. If if if I have kc DE Talk Station aviation expert Jay Ratliffe coming up next. Love talking to Jay, and I hope you enjoyed as much as I do. And I also love referring my friends and listeners to Foreign Exchange because you're going to save a heapload of money versus the dealer when you have your traditionally imported car from Asia or Europe or tesla. Like the emphasize they do fixed teslas now all certified and trained on that, so have it fixed at Foreign Exchange Westchester location. Just head up or down seventy five, take the Toyllersville exit and head east. Really short jogged at Kinglnd. Drive just two streets and right and you're there. Great team of folks that they'll treat you wonderfully. Customer services outstanding is as certified master technician will be working on your car. They have access to your manufacturer's technical information and you won't pay as much. Heap loads of money. I've saved tons over the years taken it to foreign exchange. With auto repairs getting more and more expensive almost every moment, take advantage of the great work that foreign exchange can do for you. Five one three six, four four twenty six twenty six. Tell often and the crew. Brian said, Hi, when you call five one three six four four twenty six twenty six, you can find them out and you find them online over at four and X. That's foreign the letter X dot com.
Speaker 4: Fifty five KRC. Here's the let's change.
Speaker 1: Here is your channel nine first one one fourcassky sunny skies today A possible shower or storm shown up out there at some point today. Eighty six will be the high overnight little of seventy with clear skies ninety. The highamar is also be humid with isolated rain in the afternoon. A slim possibility overnight clear skys seventy one and Muggy and on Saturday they say there's a decent chance or Rang ninety one will be the high. It's seventy three. Right now, it's time for traffic.
Speaker 9: Update from the u SEE Health Traffic Center. You See Health has expert traumacare focusing on prevention and treating injuries and supporting long term recovery and rehabilitation. One more at you seehealth dot com. Traffic is still stop and go approaching an accident on seventy five south end at Port Washington Way that you right, lanes are blocked. You're slow seventy five southbound between Western Avenue and Fort Washington Way, and we do have delays on I four seventy one northbound Grand Avenue to I seventy one. I'm Heather Pasco on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: Hey thirty two to fifty five KR City Talk Station. Love this time and day and week because of it to have iHeartMedia aviation expert Jay Ratlif Jonas for a few segments to talk about aviation issues and while there are a ton of things to talk about. As always, welcome back my friend Jay ratl If. It's good to have you on the show.
Speaker 3: Very pleasant. Good morning, my friend.
Speaker 1: Uh new term. I lard You know, I always look for AVA news before you come on, although you do have enough topics to fill up all the time this morning, Ale Louse, yep, do you know who that is?
Speaker 3: You go ahead.
Speaker 1: It is one of those people who, as soon as the plane lands and is taxing, jumps up out of the seat and runs to the front of the plane so they can be the first off even if they're way behind. Unlike the normal way we all deboard the plane, which is the people up front go out first and we gradually follow suit behind them as our aisle shows up.
Speaker 3: Ale Louse, well, we've talked about we've talked about gate life, the people that try to be bored early, so we love giving people unofficially, this didn't come for me kind of term. And yeah, I've seen people in the rear of the aircraft that literally will knock people over. Yeah. Yeah, they're trying to get thrown on the airplane.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 3: I understand sometimes if the flights late, and sometimes the flight attendant say, look, we've got people here was a nine minute connection. Let's try to give them a head start. But I also recognize that we're in position to control a lot of it. And if I've got a tight connection in Atlanta or Dallas or Chicago, the last thing I'm going to do is sit in row thirty one. It's not going to happen. If I can, I'm going to get an exit row, or we get those sharing al fly with the Delta non refundable first class tickets. We'll be up front. So I'm going to get as close to that forward door as I can because there's a ten minute lag between the time that door opens and the last person comes off the airplane, sometimes more than that, and on a tight connection, you need every minute you can get. But yeah, the more people do that, you know, shooting up the aisle, the more that people just kind of stand up and get out of their or getting their way, not to be mean, but simply to say, let's just wait your turn, because you've got other people that have tight connections as well. But for some strange reason, Brian, they it's all about me, and I don't care what other people think of me, And sadly some people think I'm never going to see these people again. So if I act like a horse's ass, in front of them.
Speaker 1: It's no big deal, right, societal break down, let's see. Well, at the risk of running over a little bit. I don't know how much attention we have to dive on into it, but I did see the announcement. I think most of my listeners did that. The TSA has announced that they're not going to require you to remove your shoes. So you're probably going to get to your gate a little bit earlier now without that headache.
Speaker 3: Well, your feet are going to be cleaner because you want to walk across that dirty floor to put your shoes back on, which is always especially in the summer with people wearing sandals, flip flops, different kinds of things as well, those floors can be fill see. Yes, I was glad to see it. We've been doing it for twenty years. But Brian, remember we did that because the old magnetometers had a dead spot at the bottom and the very top, so that if somebody kind of shuffled their feet through and they had something in their shoes, it wouldn't pick.
Speaker 1: It up like the shoe bomber guy.
Speaker 3: That's it. So the thought was, but you know, our technology has gotten better, and they're saying, look, there's really no reason need to do it, although they can always pull us out and do random or secondary screening where they may ask for our shoes to come off, and they'll continue to do that random. But yeah, this is going to speed things up quite a bit. And yeah, I think it was it was the right move.
Speaker 1: Fair enough, We'll bring Jay Ratler back talk about some other topics. Got some interesting ones on the list this morning. It's eight thirty five right now, fifty five k S detalk station Channa on the forecast, sunny day to day, maybe some isolated showers or storms later. Eighty six will be the high clear ofver night, seventy Tomorrow high on ninety with a slight chance of isolated rain in the afternoon, very humid tomorrow, seventy one overnight and also muggy clear skuys and Saturday, a decent chance for rain is what they're saying. They're also saying ninety one will be the high seventy three. Now. Traffic times.
Speaker 9: From the u SEE Health Traffic Center. You See Health has expert traumacare focusing on prevention and treating injuries and supporting long term recovery and rehabilitation. Learn more at you see health at dot com. We have a new accident on your two seventy five East ramp to seventy five South. The left lane is blocked. You're still stopping go because of an accident seventy five South ound at Fort Washington Way. The two right lanes are blocked. I'm Heather Pasco on fifty five KARC the talk station.
Speaker 1: Have you ever been in the cockpit before?
Speaker 6: Jay?
Speaker 1: Has Jay Ray left? I heard me the aviation expert diving through the topics. I had a special request Jay the current status and I don't think they've released the report, Todavid, have you heard any updates on Air India Flight one seventy one. They just sort of took off and then just crashed right away.
Speaker 3: We've not and normally we have a briefing by now, but it's a little bit tardy. Apparently the report is out there and we should be updated anytime. So still kind of waiting to see what that preliminary report is going to indicate, And of course some of that will reflect some of the initial data gleaned off the two black boxes, yeah, voice recorder and the flight data recorder, and that's going to be very very interesting to see what we find out from there and kind of get an idea of the direction that the investigation could be taking. So yeah, nothing yet, but very anxious, and I'm hoping, obviously long before we talk again, we'll have some of those details if you need me before Thursday.
Speaker 1: Always asks, Oh, that's wonderful, very kind of you to offer, and that may very well happen, all right, moving forward, and these things do take time. I appreciate that they're not hasty to release any conclusions before they have something to hang their hat on, or at least to reach a reasonable conclusion. So over to British airways. One of the reasons I hate air travel is the idea that I'm sitting on a plane on the tarmac and it's not moving. It drives me crazy, Jay, It's like, I'm stuck. Why aren't we going somewhere. There's no way I could maintain my composure without a healthy dose of some kind of pharmaceutical in a seven hour delay under that circumstance. What's the story on this British airway thing?
Speaker 3: First of all, do you still do you have that same feeling when you're on the interstate going nowhere? In the high speed lane.
Speaker 1: You're just, yeah, that usually only kicks in if I really have to use the restroom.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, the good news is you could have used the restroom on this British Airways flight. They were going from London over to the UK over to Poland, and what happened. They boarded everybody, they're getting ready to leave, and they had a fuse in the flight deck that controlled the air conditioning that kicked out, so they had to call them mechanics. That's okay, it's an easy fix, and they wanted to replace the fuse so they could get the air conditioning system back up and running. So they waited a bit, got up there, replaced the fuse. It tripped again, so they're thinking, okay, now you've got a full plane of passengers. Yeah, that could take forty five minutes to an hour to board. So the obvious thought is based on previous issues with this exact same component. It's a pretty easy fix, so you would never get everybody off the plane, fix it and then wait an hour to get everybody back on the plane before we could take off. The best approach is to go ahead and keep everybody on board so that you can get this fixed and immediately you can roll and take off. But the problem is you have to have a point at which you say enough is enough. So they kept trying and trying and trying to fix this issue, and you're right, they were on the plane for seven hours. They finally had to call in the fire department who came on board to treat some of the people that were passing out, and they said, look, the fumes in the cabin are toxic. Get everybody off this airplane now. So the seven hour nightmare didn't end because British Airways finally made the call. It's because the fire department got on board and said, get everybody off of this airplane now. As a passenger, I mean seven hours of going nowhere.
Speaker 1: No, okay. So they're on a plane with no air conditioning yep, this whole time.
Speaker 3: And I don't know they had no air conditioning or it was subdued air conditioning not working at full capacity. I don't know, but in the middle of the summer, let's hope they had something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would like to think, adding you know, further to a night already nightmarre situation, being stuck in an air airplane on the tarmac for that long. But you said the air quality was in there was dangerous to the fire department. Is that the amount of carbon dioxide that I mean was it? Was it along those lines or was there some kind of fumes in there?
Speaker 3: It was fumes that the air end of the cabin is a bleed off that comes out off the engines. It's part of the components of the aircraft. Where as you're flying, the fresh air is driven into the cabin through the engines. So that's how they keep things cool, recycled air. It's really it's really a super fascinating process as it's working. The problem is if you're not flying and you're sitting and you're idling, things change. And what was happening you were starting to have a build up of some of these fumes that were coming off the canon now and that's what was being raised ever so slightly at the time that for the for the fire department who walk into it, boom, it hits them in the face, versus somebody that's sitting there maybe accustomed to what was going on.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 3: That's why here in the United States there are significant fines from the Department of Transportation if a US carrier or another carrier brings passengers into the US and they are trapped on an airplane for up to three hours, because after that point in time, what's going to happen is they're going to be fined significantly for every passenger that's on board that aircraft. Now some of that was born, of course, out of the nightmare we had at Northwest Airlines back in the late nineties when there was a thunderstorm that should have closed the Detroit airport. They did not. That's not Northwest, that's the airport, and you had all these planes land and then all of a sudden, this blizzard thing comes through and you had airplanes stuck everywhere, and you had airplanes out there for nine ten eleven hours on the airplane trying to make it back to the terminal and simply too dangerous to taxi. And you know, they just kind of got snowed in everywhere. And that's when a little bit later they said, look, we've got to do something about this, and they did, and they've got some good rules in place.
Speaker 1: I guess good things can come from tragic events. Le's pause. Bring jayback about a lightning strike and a fire suppression system plus a battery fire. We've talked about the potential for that well one happened. Then we'll get a final close with hub delays. One more with Jay Ratliff. It's eight forty five right now, fifty five k s DE talk station. This story one more time with the Channel nine weather forecast. Sunny skies today, a few isolated showers and storms are possible. We'll reach eighty six for the high, down to seventy overnight with clear skies. Ninety the high Tomorrow. They'll be humid and I'll have a slight chance of isolator rain in the afternoon. It'll be clear overy night it'll be muggy as well. Seventy one for the well and Saturday going all the way up to ninety one and a decent chance of rain. Their predicting closing out at seventy four. Time for final traffic chucks from.
Speaker 9: The u See Health Traffic Center. You See Health has expert traumacare focusing on prevention, treating injuries, and supporting long term recovery and rehabilitation. Learn more at u seehealth dot com. It is stop and go because of a crash on I seventy five southbound at Fort Washington Way. The you right lanes are blocked. There's an accident on your two seventy five East ramp to seventy five South. There the left lane is blocked and we do have stop and go traffic seventy five South und hobbled for Washington Way. I'm Heather Pasco on fifty five KR see the talk station.
Speaker 1: Hey, forty nine fifty five CAIRCD talk station, finishing up with Jay Ratliff. I heard me the aviation expert. You hear them on pretty much all the iHeart stations. He's busy all week to in aviation reports, and God bless him for spending this extra time with us on the fifty five KRC Morning Show. Got a lightning strike issue, little fire suppression foam going off at Spirit Airlines. Hangar, what's this one all about? Jay?
Speaker 3: Spirit can buy a break. I'm telling you if their life depended on it. They've got a rather large and impressive maintenance facility at Detroit. They spent it was thirty two million dollars. They built around twenty seventeen. Is one hundred and twenty six thousand square feet. It's where they work on their aircraft and things, but it contains a very aggressive fire suppression system. Well, we had a lightning storm this week that triggered that fire suppression system. There wasn't a fire, but it thought there was and that's when the foam was let go and Brian, it went everywhere, no partially burying. Five planes had to be taken out of service for inspection. Actually started to ooze out onto the tarmac. It looked like snow as it kind of oozed out of the hangar. It was everywhere, and some of this is a bit corrosive, so it's not the kind of thing you just, you know, chive the kids in and say go play. So what happens is you've got this massive cleanup and then you have to inspect the airplanes that were there. I think they took three or four of them out of service just to make sure that nothing adyonics wise was compromised with that particular situation. But you know, I'm sure they test that fire suppression system every so often. I don't think quite to this extent. But if you get the chance, you can google the image on Spirit Airlines of the hangar and you'll see exactly what we're talking about.
Speaker 1: It was everywhere, Oh and talking about a costly cleanup in addition to the delays and everything went along with that. Jeez, Luiz, I can only imagine, you know.
Speaker 3: Hopefully they can, yes, Spiarson trying to turn things around, and I don't think that picture is going to make it to their company calendar for next year. But they've got insurance for stuff.
Speaker 1: I just gotta say that, you're right that definitely.
Speaker 3: As long as nobody got hurt, you know, we we can look at it and kind of guk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, except for their self insured retention, which I'm sure is rather substantial when you're talking about a big company like that. All right, Moving over to a battery fire. You and I have talked about this before. The the what lithium ion battery in this case was it or some other battery.
Speaker 5: That was it?
Speaker 3: Blah blah blah blah blah. Here we go again. We had a federal aviation a Federal Aviation Administration. Excuse me, they're investigating a battery fire. It was a Delta Airlines seven to fifty seven. It was flying from Atlanta to Fort Lauderdale. During the course of the flight, one of the batteries started to overheat. So what we had to have to do is the flight attendants go from flight attendants to firefight. They have the fire spression bags, the procedures, they're able to quickly contain it, but as the cabin was being filled with smoke. So you've got the flight crew that in the meantime is declaring an emergency landing in Fort Myers. And this is again just another of the bazilion examples we've had around the world of these things overheating representing a very real safety hazard to commercial aviation, and that's one of the reasons that the Federal Aviation Administration has banned the Samsung Galaxy seven. I think we talked about the Phone sixteen, and Brian I suspect there's going to be more. There's no way that we can continue to allow these types of real risks on board airplanes where it takes us fifteen or twenty minutes to land that airplane in an emergency because there's no way to put a fire out. That's one of the reasons if one of these devices gets stuck in a seat, you see panic on the flight right because they know if it starts to catch on fire, they don't have a protocol. They can't extendish something that big. That's why the aircraft will immediately declare an emergency and get they'll get that airplane on the ground fast because they're worried about it starting the smolder catching on fire and their inability to contain it and then providing a huge safety issue on board that airplane. So do we wait for an accident before we take a bigger step or are we going to do something now? It's going to be up to the FA to see what they want to do.
Speaker 1: But well, goodness, yeah, a logical and reasonable solution. And you and I have talked a little bit about this before, but it seems that okay, there is such a thing as a fire suppression bag, and I know they make these small path you know, like Faraday cage pouches that people put their cell phones in to prevent you know, anybody from tracking them or whatever. If you could have a fire suppression bag and have the passengers obligated to keep their phones in that bag or have that right there with them, to the extent they have to get it out and use it for any particular reason, it would negate to a large extent the larger problems like fumes filling up the cabin and maybe a bigger fire happening. It just would cost money.
Speaker 3: Yep. Well, you also are going to recognize there's no way on God's green earth that you're going to pry those cell phones out of people's hands. They're going to have them the entire time, and they're gonna not keep them in any sort of the bag, and they're not going to follow the instructions. You know, that is that's how people are. It's like, take my kids, but you know, let me keep my phone. That's how precious these things are an individual. So yeah, the idea of trying to eliminate them from every flight, it's not something we can do practically because that's just not going to happen. But we've got to do something because you can look at an aircraft. There's pictures. I forget the International carrier that had one of these battery fires that got out of control. They were at the gate, briant burned off the entire top of the aircraft. Now there's a video that's some kids going through an airport with a phone in his backpack and it catches on fire and within seconds the entire backpack is on fire. These things burned hot, they burn quick, and they are dangerous and it's something that you know when you're talking about safety and aviation. It's one of the biggest concerns we have right now. That's why Southwest Airlines says, if you're going to charge your battery, you have to do it where you can see it. Don't have it charging in an overhead bin that might catch on fire, smolder, and we don't know about it until it's a bigger issue. You're seeing different airlines take different positions to try to combat it to one degree or another. But all we're doing is taking half steps to the measure and a lot more has got to be done. And yeah, every week you and I are talking about this crazy all right.
Speaker 1: As we always end conclude with hub delays. How's it looking out there for air travel?
Speaker 3: Jay, Yeah, people heading to the airport connecting in Minneapolis, New York, Atlanta, Charlotte, those forced hubs are certainly going to give you a delay. But I think Boston's the clear problem child of the day. Lots of weather when limited visibilities, and some of those flight delays are going to be excessive through Boston. But if you went through to the south or anywhere out west in pretty good shape and less of course your planes being routed through one of these cities before it reaches you. But as always, get to the airport extra early two hours before him at waifers any problems, the agents have an opportunity to take.
Speaker 6: Care of you.
Speaker 1: Think advanced, take care of yourself. Nobody else else out looking for your best interest more than you are. Jay Ratliffe, thanks for all the sound advice, sage, wisdom and interesting conversation every week beginning at eight thirty on Thursdays. I'm looking for to next Thursday already, my friend is always best to health and love to you in your better half.
Speaker 3: Appreciate it, sir, Thank.
Speaker 1: You, Thank you. Eight fifty six fifty five KR City Talk station citizen watchdog Todd Zenzer. Boy this never ending list of question marks and concerns about what the City of Cincinnati's leadership is doing to the residents of the City of Cincinnati. Quite a few topics with Todd Zenzer. Citizen watchdog Aaron Weiner. He's a member of the Clifton community groups, and he was talking about the street takeover that happened over Independence Day weekend on Sunday. Real problem there and it's been an ongoing issue. He's also running for since Atty City Council as a charter right. He had some good He's got some good things on his website. Will encourage you, as I did during the conversation, to check out what he has to say. Refreshing, perhaps alternative plus our conversation there with Jay Rattler fifty five KRC dot com for that. Thanks as always a Joe Strekker for the great lineup, but hope you can tune in tomorrow for the very important segment we do every Friday at six point thirty Tech Friday with Dave Hatter. Folks have a wonderful day, stick around Lundbeck's coming right up.
Speaker 3: President Trump made clear that a peaceful resolution was possible if I Ran agreed to give up its nuclear weapons ambitions.
Speaker 1: Another updates at the top of the hour fifty five KRZ.
Speaker 6: He talks