Speaker 1: Hey guys, it's Jack. I just wanted to talk to you today about a way that you can help support the podcast if you're not already to support the channel is to become a Patreon member. So we have Patreon memberships that start at just five dollars a month, and when you sign up, you get access to all of our episodes add free. That's the big bonus for that. I mean, we also do some Patreon bonus episodes for our subscribers, but this is the biggest and best way that you can support the Teamhouse channel and podcast if you'd like to, and we really appreciate that, So go and check us out at patreon dot com. Slash the Teamhouse, Special Operations, Covert Ops, Espionage, The Team House with your host Jack Murphy and David Park. Hey, folks, this is going to be our year in review pre recorded episode, so you guys are seeing this a few weeks after we recorded it, and we just use it. We do one of these year in reviews every year, and basically just to highlight all the different guests we had over the year and maybe bring some attention to some episodes you may have missed or folks who are just sort of finding the podcast this year and twenty twenty five can watch this and maybe get a little idea of what they might be interested in. But overall, I mean, I don't know what you guys thought, but I was not to pat ourselves on the back, But like I thought, I was very happy with all the guests we had on this year. I thought, like, it's a really I mean, how many episodes was it? Like? Sixty eight sixty six and a good sixty seven and a good mix of foreign Special ops guys, CIA, Special Forces Rangers, MARSK Delta, some other spooky characters you know, New Zealand sas in, some federal law enforcement DA, FBI, ATF all in there this year. So it was a pretty good variety, I thought, yeah, for sure. And that's you know, one of the things that we really enjoy doing is is highlighting all the different people throughout the community and some journalists one or two and historian. Yeah. So yeah, a lot of different types of folks in there and all kinds of different life experiences. So we'll jump into it going episode by episode. Episode two fifty two was our first one for twenty twenty four. Mike Halterman, who served in marsk That was a great interview. He's with the Honor Foundation, which they run a transition program and the last I knew it was for special Ops veterans, but they're trying to start to get had it going for conventional forces as well, and it sounds like they have a really good program, Like I wish it was around when I got out of the military, and so it sounds like they're doing really good things there. Uh. Two fifty three Travis Sandford. After after months, if not years of joking about it, we got a special Ops weather guy on the show and he was really cool. Extream come true. Yeah, yeah, Jaxx dream realized it's kind of the unicorn that we had to find. But he was really cool. I mean, the dude has a bronze star for valor in Afghanistan. I mean he was in the thick of it with the Marsac guys. Like that was a really like interesting, illuminating, fascinating Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it really shows you the breadth of the types of things that you can get into that people don't normally think of, you know, like you know, they're all the military jokes about POGs, you know, people other than grunts and when.
Speaker 1: But but it.
Speaker 2: Really shows you that there are a myriad of jobs for a myriad of interest, and a lot of them do very interesting things.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. Uh. Two fifty four was Louis Ruda, Uh. CIA officer Actually one of my favorite episodes, my favorite, one of my favorites of the year. Super smart guy, lots of experience, and he's he's an armchair historian also, uh, reading about the Roman Empire every day. Yeah, he was great.
Speaker 3: I mean, there's nothing like a salty CIA officer. Yeah, he just doesn't give a fuck really anymore. I've had like sound bites, yeah, not even a sound bites. The quality of the entire interview is great.
Speaker 1: I would love to have him on again actually, because he's just such a knowledgeable dude. Two fifty five was Kase. He's an ATF undercover dude, Frank. Yeah, and Frank was back on that episode two and those were the guys that were infiltrating a neo Nazi biker gang. And I mean there's a lot of wild stuff in that in that episode, but one of them is, you know, the motorcycle gang was putting them on polygraphs to try to figure out if they were cops or not, so they had to like undergo training to fool the box so that they could get into this you know, crime gang. Go check that episode out two fifty five. That was a really cool one. Uh fifty six Lindsey Bruce Sas. I he was great. I'm just like struggling because I can't believe like a year's gone by since we did that episode. But really cool guy. I really put together, dude, And you know talking about like the lineage of like his father being in the military and then him going into the military and his career and his service. I hope you guys will go and check that one out. We had a number of s s As interviews this year. I would say he probably had the best background. Lindsey Well, I like the I like Lindsay is the one who has a normal sort of like military family background. I mean his background during the show. Oh oh's his music? Yeah yeah, yeah. I was thinking about like the actual background of the guys. Like I noticed with most of the SAS guys that SAS n c os like super blue collar dudes. Yeah, they all come from like very humble beginnings. You know. We talked to the one dude who was poaching pheasants. Yeah, to survive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't see there being a ton of NCOs in the sas that are like going to like eating with like Prince Harry and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the officers, but yeah, not the n c os. I don't think so, man, But incredible guys. Two fifty seven. Dan Runyon he was the commander on ODA UH five five five Triple Nickel going into Afghanistan, one of the either the first or the second ODA to go in after Anistan, depending on what we're going to argue on a given day. But that was a great episode. He was also in the Invasion of Iraq and then I also this year invited Dan to UH Well I didn't invite him, I just facilitated, but the Special Forces Association wanted someone to speak at Ground zero at the Horse Soldier Memorial for nine to eleven, and Dan very graciously volunteered to come in and deliver the speech, which was great because he's one of the original guys to go in Afghanistan.
Speaker 3: That worked out really well. It's pretty pretty wild. Resume one hundred and six sixty.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, and now he's like an ultra marathon runner. Yeah. Yeah. To fifty eight was Bill Flavin, a Special Forces officer. He's actually I interviewed him for We Defy about because he was part of the green Light Program, among the many other things that that guy did during his career. That was interesting. And and you know, Bill has a mind like a steel trap like I don't. I probably asked like one or two questions to that. Whole interview is just like Bill going plowing through it. It was awesome. It's awesome though, when people are so adamant and excited to tell their story. Two fifty nine was Eddie Chavez, Ranger, one of the again first or second j Tech and Ranger Regiment, depending on how we're going to argue it. I don't think Eddie cares what who is who? But he was really cool, really good story. And Eddie runs a podcast on himself. I'm strugg I can't remember the name of it offhand, but Operator Debrief. Yeah, and Eddie, I think he focuses mostly on interviewing Ranger Regiment guys, So I really recommend going and checking out his channel. I think he had.
Speaker 3: Greg Greg Cocaron is one of his first first UH episodes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, go check out Eddie Chavez's channel. Interesting guy doing doing good stuff, having all these rangers on there. Two sixty Jack divine legend. Yeah, CIA legend. We've been around the block a few times. Yeah, fascinating. Uh And that was just part one, right, I believe No, that was part one, Part two way later. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that was part one because we couldn't I mean, a man with a career like that, like you, you can't even really get into the meat of it. And you know, for for people like that, what's really fun for me is not just their own personal history, but their breadth and knowledge and their insight into you know, what's right with the CIA?
Speaker 1: What's wrong with you? Say?
Speaker 2: Because Jack was involved in almost every UH countersurgency or paramilitary operation UH COVID action, I guess that the see how he took.
Speaker 1: Part of Yeah, we talked in that part one. I think we talked about Chile, and I think we covered Iran contra, and I think we may have gotten in Afghanistan that made you can't remember. Yeah, it might might have been part two where we got in Afghanistan UH to sixty one. Alejandro Villanueva ranger officer also former NFL player and now a farmer growing I think exotic fruits as I recall. Yeah, super nice guy. Yeah yeah, super humble. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean he was uh West Point, played football on West Point.
Speaker 1: And then was a Ranger and then yeah.
Speaker 3: And then had a pretty significant career, had a very sergific Yeah, pro bowler.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, got out really good, you know, did the combine right, I think?
Speaker 3: And what he did know, he actually didn't I think because he got in when he was older.
Speaker 1: He got into the NFL and he was like two right right right right away from Spain.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he he didn't play football until like he was twenty yeah right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, eighteen, Yeah, because they don't they don't have American football in Europe. Yeah they have that that other thing yeah yeah whatever football. Yeah, super cool guy. Uh To sixty two Jay Dorlius h Third Special Forces Group dude, former team sergeant. He's the Green Beret Chronicles, right podcast, Green Break. Yeah, go check his channel out. Spicy stuff, lots of spicy content on Jay's channel. But he was a he was a cool guy. I hope we can get him back in the studio again sometimes. Jays Austen, Yeah, super cool. Uh To sixty three was on versus the team House, so it was me, Dave, Andy Milburn and Jason Lyons and so on. For anyone who hasn't been paying attention, is the associated podcast with the Teamhouse or our friends Andy and Jason cover mostly like more current events, geopolitical stuff, things that are going on in the news that week. We also have Mick Malroy now, who's like a regular guest hitor. Yeah, definitely, uh all marines. I didn't do that on purpose, but.
Speaker 2: The best thing is is like we don't even have to pay him. We just give him crayons. Yeah yeah, and their little maintenance.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So go subscribe to the eyes On YouTube channel if you haven't already.
Speaker 3: And if you are listening the eyes On if you're an audio listener, the eyes On shows come on the Teamhouse feed still, so you don't have to do anything, just keep your eye out.
Speaker 1: So two sixty four is this is the interview. I think I laughed the most in Phil Campion. That guy is a funny dude. Yeah yeah, big Phil, And I mean I kind of go a little ways back with Phil. We we used to work together and I met him in person in or Bill in like twenty fourteen feels like, so, what did you do with what'd you do? He was doing a documentary for like Channel four or something like that, and I was over there reporting. Phil has a podcast too. Yes, he does Forces shit. I don't know. I think it's called Forces. He interviews a lot of sas guys in British Peas and etc. I'm pretty sure it's like Forces or Forces Radio. But I'm sure if you guys type in Force radio, Force Radio, Force Radio, yeah you find Philip on there. I definitely recommend checking him out. Phil has an awesome sense of humor, if nothing else. Two sixty five Dale Bendler, senior CIA officer, served in El Salvador. Was here in New York when nine to eleven happened. I'm involved in all kinds of interesting stuff. It was definitely one of the more unique interviews. I think. I believe he finished his career as chief of station in Paris, which is our chief of station for France, which is like very rare at that time for a guy to go from like uh he went. He was a force recon guy, then ground branch, and then traditional intelligence. Yeah, so go check that interview out. That's a cool one. To sixty six Jim Shorten Nack V Sag. Yeah, that's one of the smartest guys we've interviewed. I think it's I think he might be like a MENSA member or something. Just a fascinating guy, fascinating background and interesting service, you know. Yeah, Mac V. Sag and also as a PJ. And and he was also going back to layoffs looking for m I as like maybe ten years ago, not that long ago. That was a that was a really fun interview. And I think and a doctor radiologist. Yeah, that's right, and he goes media righte hunting. I mean, just like he's like one of those renaissance men. And I think I can't remember if he got recommended to me by John Mayer or Bud, but both John Mayer and Bud are doing their podcasts too. They're out there. Bud does the reconcast with a lot of Vietnam vents. Definitely if you're interested in that, definitely worth your time. Okay. To sixty seven Herschel Davis. That was a pretty awesome one too. Wild Yeah. Herschel is larger than life. So he was a Navy Seal Master chief service in Vietnam and then I don't think they forced he was they forced him to retire in like ninety four ish. You know that guy would still be a seal today if they have let him. Yeah, that was a really cool, really unique interview. So check him out. To sixty eight. This guy was great too, Melvin Melvin Down's SAS guy, another like fascinating background. I believe his father was from Jamaica, his mother from the UK. He goes in to where did he start off in the conventional forces for him now? And then then he goes to SAS selection and oh I think he was infant I think he was infantry because yeah I remember, yeah, no neither can I and some funny stories about like you know, being a black dude in Northern Ireland. Uh and uh yeah. I mean he was a super cool guy, super interesting guy, sharing the history of his squadron and everything. It was really cool and Melvin had he might be on YouTube. I see him on Instagram, blaws. Yeah, so you guys should go look for him there. Uh. Two sixty nine Jeff Man, Yeah, fantastic, kind of outside our normal track.
Speaker 2: I had an opportunity to meet Jeff at I think it was Schmookhan one of the one of the cybersecurity.
Speaker 1: Conventions.
Speaker 2: But uh yeah, n s a red team and very very interesting stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was really happy to see like that episode got like a lot of views. Yeah, which I mean he deserves it, but yeah, one hundred and twenty six. Because it's a little bit offbeat for us, you always like wonder, like are people going to care they watch this, and yeah, a lot of people tuned in and it was it was really cool, really interesting. Two seventy John A. Mendez who is the chief of the skies at CIA. Yeah. John was great, fascinating interview. Yeah, yeah, she's she's super cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very interesting to hear about the process of the development of the disguise, you know, capabilities and how you know, how they may have worked with Hollywood and how long it took them to develop to get it right fully articulated faces and things like that.
Speaker 1: I think her book is in True Self that came out, so go check her out. Two seventy one. Ben McKelvey. He's the journalist that wrote a book about the Australian sas And that was an interesting episode and it was an interesting book to say the least. And a little bit of backstory on that one. Afterwards, I got like a ten page manifesto written by some AUSC SAS guy Like basically, this guy was like outraged and I read through the whole thing, but he didn't address the war crimes at all. It was everything else. It was like, you know, this guy has poor dental hygiene, he has deiodor issues, you know, all this other stuff like you know, that's not really uh, that's not really what we were talking about there. Uh, but that was, uh, that was interesting. I definitely recommend you guys go and read his book.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know those are like obviously from a personal standpoint, I have some disagreements with him on some of his like ideas, And it's always interesting two you know, like what constitutes a war crime and and and and also like talking about the challenges of operating in those environments and what separate what separates it all, and and it's always good. It's like when we had the gentleman who you know, was the attorney for at GITMO. Yeah, you know, it's always good to get the other side.
Speaker 1: And and their views on things. Yeah. No, I mean for sure, and I mean that that stuff is still working its way through the Australian court system. Yeah too to say. Seventy two Rick Kaiser, who's a Seal a dev group guy, another dude like he would probably be a Seal forever if they would have let him. Super interesting guy. I think does he have a book out on leadership if I recall correctly, Yeah, frog Men Stories Leadership Lessons. So go check out that episode with Rick. It's very like if you want to hear about like the early days of Seal Team six and stuff, and in even the latter part, I mean, it's an interesting interview.
Speaker 3: I ought to Rick for that episode because his father passed away like literally like hours before I think Bill showed up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think his dad was in the hospital. Yeah, and his father passed away like that night. Yeah. I felt bad about that, but yes, we do appreciate you know, Rick going the extra mile there, man, I'm sorry to hear about your dad. Two seventy three.
Speaker 2: Another episode that is like Outside Storm but but fantastic.
Speaker 1: Brian Baker, he's a B one B wizzo.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: I think it's a weapon systems officer. So I met him at uh where did I meet? We met him? Christmas last year. Yeah, he's uh, he's over in the he belongs to the same American legion I do, I think, And uh, that was an interesting story. He was flying, uh bomber missions against ISIS doing bomber runs in Syria like that was a Yeah, again, like an interesting perspective I never would have heard before. Yeah, they were flying at him like the UAE or something. Yeah.
Speaker 3: The one thing that stood out with there was like when they thought like a couple of megs or soot thirty five's were after that. Yeah, like Russian jets and uh, you know sound they're pretty uh pretty crazy, pretty airy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's some close calls and they were dropping like beyond danger close because it was like the Kurds were going to get like over run and like they're gonna be dead either way at this point, you know, so they were dropping so close. Yeah, for a totally different perspective. Yeah. Two seventy three with Brian Baker. Two seventy four was Eric valez Uh service in the FBI. He ran I believe it was called the Directorate of Intelligence, which like coordinates the training and stuff like that for for the FBI, But he also was a normal FBI special agent and uh, I mean yeah, I remember one of his stories was about a little girl getting kidnapped, which was pretty horrible. Yeah. Another uh, but there's some some entertaining stories where after the FBI, he became the chief of security for Disney and it's that that was a twenty four to seven job. Yeah, literally, because there's Disney's in like America, France, and there's one in Japan, I think, I think so yeah yeah, so just as one's close down, the other one is opening. So yeah, go check out that one with Eric Vales. He's cool. Two seventy five Dante Paradiso, who I swear to god he was giving me a fake now, yeah, I thought Dante's Paradise, Right, I'm like, dude, do I really have to call you this? Like, what what's I mean? It's better than Dante's Inferno, but you know that's but no, that's it. Apparently that's his legal name. So Dante was a Department of State Foreign Service officer. Really good guy. Uh.
Speaker 4: He wrote the book We Have up Here the Embassy and he was present for like some of the bombings in Kenya and Tanzania in the late nineteen.
Speaker 1: Nineties, almost got blown up there. I think he might have been around for one of the embassy evacuations like Liberia, yes, and uh, and then we talked a lot he had to do.
Speaker 2: With the Doha courts, right, And you know, this is an episode, honestly that I am surprised does not have more views because it is such a fascinating insider's view on the Doha Accords.
Speaker 1: And really how.
Speaker 2: You know, it's not It's really not what a lot of people think it is. And I really wish more people would, would you know, watch that episode and see what was actually going on inside those negotiations.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, I mean it definitely gives you like a perspective that you you know, I think I told him at the time, like, you're not going to get it from like the soldiers necessarily unless there were like jags or something that we're assigned to. That two seventy six was our our our self censored video with Adam Gamal where he's sitting right here and he has a big black box over the top half of his body. That was a really cool interview though he was he was great. Yeah, well, uh, definitely another colorful character immigrant from Egypt and then served in you know, Army Special Operations doing all kinds of interesting stuff in the Middle East and in Africa. That was that was definitely one of our better episodes I think over the last year. He's got a book to the Unit. The Unit. Yep, yeah, it's it's good to go check it out. To seventy seven was when we had Jack Divine back on for the second time. If we didn't talk about it in the first interview, we for sure in the second one. Talked about the COVID action program in Afghanistan and we talked I know, we talked about Russia too. Yeah, so here's a little interesting uh fubar moment for us. As I was going through all of this, I noticed that we have two episodes labeled to seventy seven. I'm totally serious, and it's it's my fault. The reason why that happened was because we had one episode that I did pre recorded and we uploaded, and so it's a little bit out of thet of the normal sequence of events and that's why it got It's Mike Adams. Yeah, so yeah, talk about that for a moment. The other episode two seventy seven with Sergeant Major Mike Adams please go take a look at that interview. He was a tenth group guy. I think he was also first group. He was on the green light teams. He was doing all kinds of spooky stuff over the summer. Mike passed away, you know, and that that interview. You know, it's it's important to his family. Mike's also and we defy. So I'm I'm gonna miss the guy. I mean, he was a grumpy Sergeant Major but had a big heart. And I'm sorry that we don't get to talk anymore. I'll miss him. He fought cancer for a long time. Uh seventy eight was Matt Stevens.
Speaker 3: Hold on, so you're telling me that the episode three hundred wasn't actually episode three hundred or it was because uh, Sergeant Major Adams was after the three hundred.
Speaker 1: I believe it doesn't matter. It's just just leave it alone alone, Dmitri, Just leave it alone. I will go in there and I'll relabel it like episode to seventy seven A and B. You known, Yeah, yeah, exactly. Uh so tow seventy eight was Matt Stevens. He was uh he commanded Red Squadron and then was it the Special Boat Team is Gray Squadron. I yeah, yeah, so he he led both of those elements. Super cool guy, great stories and he uh is also with the Honor Foundation. Uh. Mike Alterman introduced us to Matt Stevens and that's how that came about. He was cool. Uh oh, this was this guy was interesting too. Dan McClinton episode two seventy nine was Apache pilot. You found that dude, Dave, And I mean he had cool stories from all sorts of different time frames.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, no, he you know, I think, yeah, I mean hearing about like the Apache pilots and again that's you know, getting guys on here like that and Greg and other people who are sort of doing these kind of cool jobs that you really don't hear about that often.
Speaker 1: And man, they laid some scunion. You know.
Speaker 2: They definitely the you know, the all all the Assault helicopter guys, and you know a lot of the the pilots. Uh.
Speaker 1: Two eighty Robert Young Pelton journalist.
Speaker 2: A guy that was influential in both both Jack's and mine kind of coming up. Yeah, you know, the World's Most Dangerous Places and yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: And Pelton is working also on his own like documentary podcasts. But which I believe still has not seen the light of day. But keep your eyes peeled for that. I'm sure he has interesting people coming. Uh to eighty one are spiciest, Yeah, yes, definitely the spiciest, most controversial episode of the year.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, Eric Deeming former Team six guy, just use a convention. Convention Yeah, sorry about that, yeah, former conventional Yeah yeah, and had you know a few things to say about a few things.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean I knew it was going to be spicy. I didn't know it was going to be that spicy.
Speaker 3: Uh. He dropped like a fucking nuclear bob that he hadn't told anybody else in the other podcast about it's like, oh my, Jocko's smoking a source once he got off a helicopter.
Speaker 1: So that was uh, yes, that was pretty shocking, most shocking moment in team history. That was good.
Speaker 3: I remember, remember you got your face Jack because we were on this side, yeah, on the side of the aquarium, so you were like, wait, so you're saying you've got a hold of helicopter and smoked his source. He smoked the first brown guy he saw him and it was a source. Still no still no uh, defamation law suit or anything not that not.
Speaker 1: That I've heard of. Two eighty two was pad O'Donnell, who wrote the book about uh, basically special operations during the Civil War. Yeah.
Speaker 2: What was the book called, uh, The Unvanquished. Yeah, and uh, I mean the book if you I am not a huge history book reader outside of the show, but the book reads like a novel. You know, it's a lot of first time accounts of you know, a lot of the Rangers and Raiders and you know, you know these kind of like small elite units and it was just fantastic.
Speaker 1: Lincoln assassination and the link poor.
Speaker 2: Boy, Yeah, I mean, there there's some wild stuff in there. You know that the Lincoln assassination was actually a plot.
Speaker 1: That was attempting to decapitate.
Speaker 2: The Union by taking out Lincoln, like three the three heads of the Union at the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so, yeah, fantastic.
Speaker 2: You know, Lincoln was killed another I can't remember who the other one was, but like the assailant got into the house and stabbed.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, I think it was the secretary Seward, yeah, Seward, Yeah. And then the third guy I think chickened out or something.
Speaker 2: But but the the Secret Service was able to like track their track down their safe house and yeah it was wild.
Speaker 1: Yeah it didn't work, Confederate. Sorry, I met We're still I met Pat at the OSS Society dinner this year, and uh he is working hard at work on various projects. So we'll see Pat on the show. Oh yeah, he's one of our favorite historians for sure. To eighty three, I really liked this episode with Bill Haynes, special Forces sergeant major some cool stories about being like a siff guy in the Balkans going after war criminals back in the day. But I mean, I think the big takeaway from that interview was actually like some leadership lessons about coaching, teaching, mentoring soldiers what lines you should not cross. Yeah, but I mean, seriously, I mean that that was a really good episode. Enjoyed that conversation. To eighty four was another fairly off the wall episode with Dan Corbett, Navy seal turned mercenary, doing murk jobs over in the Middle East in Yemen, and then he went to Serbia and he got balled up there and was in Serbian prison and they were charging him with plotting to assassinate the being president.
Speaker 2: Which actually gave him massive street cred in prison where everybody was given him the fist bump, you know, like, Hey, that his You should read.
Speaker 1: His book if you haven't, Like it's pretty wild stuff, pretty heaty stuff, guys. Yeah. Two eighty five. This is a more subdued episode Sydney Molder and William Negley. Sydney is the widow of Bill Moulder, who is a Sealed Team six operator, and William is her half brother. And William now runs and works with Sydney to.
Speaker 2: Sound Yeah, sound Off as as an app. That so one of the major considerations that people have is losing their clearance or take you know, when it comes to seeking counseling or you know, reaching out for help, is losing their clearance and losing the ability to do their job.
Speaker 1: So they started this app that partners.
Speaker 2: All these charitable foundations from a number of different organizations with sound Off, and sound off finds these therapists in different states, and so people are able to anonymously join sound Off just you know, go to and use whatever organization whatever, you know, charitable organization foundation to fund you know, anonymous therapy essentially.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So go check out sound off or recommend it to people. Keep it in mind. Two eighty six Andy Milburn. I don't think I was here for that one. You guys were discussing Libya. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Andy's got a vignette in his book when the tempest gathers about him.
Speaker 1: Being an absolute maniac and go in too.
Speaker 3: I remember had like a evacuated American family, Yeah, and posing as a British guy when he.
Speaker 2: Was when he was when basically there, they told them no Americans can go and can go in, and so Andy kind of sue as spontes and jumps on a bird to go get them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and there was like a big standoff kind of on thet stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, it was Italians that gut him out. Yeah yeah, Yeah, finally they'd done something right. Uh. To eighty seven David Fielding, Uh, Spooky inscom guy. Uh Special Forces before that our most viewed episode this year. And it's a hell of a good story, no doubt about that. So probably all of you guys have watched that one.
Speaker 3: A hell of a good title too. I could finally use the fucking words.
Speaker 1: Good uh yeah, good.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I mean once you put Task Force Orange into a fucking title, no matter what it is, it's like, all right, this is catting it.
Speaker 1: We'll just start putting them in. Yeah. Uh. To eighty eight Dave Nielsen, Delta Force operator and dog handler again, another guy who had a wild, wild story he was. He was part of that generation of guys like they really got put through it.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, constant ops, yeah, NonStop.
Speaker 1: And losing his dog. Yeah that was that was terrible. Yeah, but it is a great interview and I hope you guys will go and check it out. It's it's meaningful. Two eighty nine was an old teammate, old guy I went through the Q course with back in the day, Alan schamorro Uh. He was on the Sith in third group and is a huge jiu jitsu guy, martial artist, super interesting background. Actually, I learned a lot in that interview. He had a like way more army experience that I knew at the time when we were serving together. He did a lot. I so probably like half of the episode though, we're talking about his trip to Palestine, which got the hackles up on some people. Yeah. I had one person right in and say that the interview made him feel unsafe. Okay, man, you know we we we pissed people off with that one. And then there's another one where we had a pro Israel woman on eyes on and I got a nasty graham about her too. So patreon dot com slash the teamhouse.
Speaker 3: But somebody's like when people leave our Patreon, they give exit interviews.
Speaker 1: Like why they left.
Speaker 3: For the most part, it's everybody's saying like, you know, can't afford it anymore or whatever's like an option for that, And then one person's like about that eyes on one. I was like, I'm not paying for some Zionist to tell me what, Like I'm my alright, man Relacks like.
Speaker 1: We hear everybody save them all Hasselhoff. Yeah, we hear everybody's, you know side, like Chuck Simpson SF and CIA contractor his seventh Special Forces Group. Dude, awesome career. He was all over the place tours in Afghanistan. So go check it out if you haven't already. Two ninety one, it was another former teammate of mine. He was I think we went through RIP together and he was definitely in my company in Ranger Battalion, Mike Schavry. Mike went on to do awesome things after he left our company, became a sergeant major, went and worked at the Jasak joint medical augmentation in it. I believe it's called he was on and again stuff I didn't know about him. He got shot on a deployment in Afghanistan. I mean he had a very interesting career. Yeah, and uh yeah, coming up in twenty twenty five, another medic that I served with in Ranger Battalion we're going to have on the show. I'm excited to catch up with him. Two Ed Bogan uh Senior Cia. A lot of work in Ukraine, a lot of work countering Russia. That was another one of the more informative, I guess educational interviews that we did throughout the year. Yeah, it was really good. Shout out to Mark Po Moraopolis for hooking that up. Yeah. Yeah, I ran into Ed at the OSS dinner also, and I was making fun of Mark Power Morappols. Yeah. Perfect.
Speaker 3: Whenever you're in whenever in down you need an ice breaker, just make fun of Mark Pu moreoppolos its Greeks in general.
Speaker 1: Uh. Two ninety three Simon leak sas interviewing him from the tracking is it the their jungle warfare school, They're specifically their tracking school in Brunei. He was in there with all the Rebelia in the background. That was super cool. He has a great background. He was you know, the dude that was hunting pheasants. He was a he was a poacher, I believe in his youth, but just just to eat and then an awesome career in the SAS and he continues to work with them. So go check out two ninety three. Okay, maybe maybe this one takes the cake for the most off the wall episode of Mike West stripped in the Rhodesian White Infantry, the Rhodesian SAS and then the South African rerekis and uh man, there's a guy who likes to fight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, he's all about it. I mean he's one of those like warriors that just doesn't.
Speaker 1: His book is right there, Mike West, Special Forces super Soldier. That's not that's not hyperbole. Go check go check out that episode. You see what we're talking about. H ninety five. Another real, real awesome guy. John Daly was Marsak and c not related to Dan Daly. Has we QUI fight? Yeah, he was really cool. He has a book out that I read for the episode. It was do we have the title on there? Okay, but you guys can go and find it on Amazon. Is No, Oh Tough, Rugged Bastards is the book, And he did he served in Iraq. He was in some pretty dicey places in Iraq, and I hope you go check that interview out to ninety six was Joe Mucia, who himself is a former marine. But the conversation in that episode is about the invasion of Grenada in nineteen eighty three from a ranger's perspective or the ranger perspective. He wrote a book called cry Havoc where he interviewed all of these rangers and put it all together and told the like a pretty complete story from the call, you know that when they get alerted to the planning process which was sounds fairly abbreviated, and then jumping Suddenly they're jumping into Grenada and there's some wild combat, Like there's like a an armor engagement where like they engaged armor with recoiler's rifles. Yeah, crazy stuff I didn't even know of. Yeah, So I highly recommend that book if you haven't picked it up yet, And if you want to go watch the interview, it's a pretty good preview. I mean we talked about a lot in an hour and a half. Sorry, guys, my voice is starting to crack a little bit. Two ninety seven was Eric O'Neill. He was with the FBI, FBI agent, he was one of I think they he used the term ghosts. They're sort of like their version of they don't wear you know, they don't go to like the academy. They're like unknown and they do like surveillance operations around. But the bulk of that conversation was discussing the Robert Hanson case, and he was the guy, like if you saw the movie, he was the younger FBI agent who had to like steal the cell phone and have this stuff put on it and then bring it back and all of that. So that's a super illuminating episode. You guys will really get a kick out of that. One ninety eight the Moon Brown, author of Black People Can't Swim, which is a little tongue in cheek. He's a former combat diver in Special Forces. Really good guy, really nice guy. Great book too. Yeah, great book.
Speaker 2: I highly recommend his book because the book itself is you know, it's it's his story of wanting to become a you know, Special Forces and a combat diver. Uh, and not only his relationship with water and swimming, but a historical view on the black community and their relationship with water and swimming, you know, and why you know, quote unquote black people can't very very fascinating interview and great guy two.
Speaker 1: Ninety nine, This one was you, Dave Uriah pop yep uh so Uriah was.
Speaker 2: He was a Medican special missions unit in a special missions unit. I mean, he had an incredible career both uh special operations wise and conventional and you know now is into his own medical technology company and things like that. But he's one of those one of those guys that again shows you that you can do really really cool stuff, really amazing stuff.
Speaker 1: And that was five hours and seventeen minutes.
Speaker 2: So this is what happens when Jack isn't here, d sits back there and suffers.
Speaker 1: And yeah, I was it was touching golf for a while for me, and.
Speaker 2: I just run off the rails, you know, because like the medical field fascinates me.
Speaker 1: But no, I highly recommend your eye as episode to.
Speaker 2: See like different sides of the military and different size of special operations.
Speaker 1: And then comes our big episode three hundred, Well it was big for us. I don't know if anyone else really cared. Episode three hundred. We had a few friends over and we played a Dungeons and Dragons game and it was a lot of fun and we'll probably win. Episode four hundred rolls around, we'll do something else that's goofy like that. But I had a good time. And it was only four hours or so less than the what was the other one?
Speaker 3: Like, oh my god, fifteen hours and I think the only twelve hours of it is on YouTube because it got off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the restart a stream after twelve hours. But this one is a little more manageable. It's it's like, you know, three hours and forty nine minutes. Uh. Three oh one. Episode three oh one. Jamie Pannell served in the New Zealand Special Air Service. He is one of the guys in that fairly famous picture of the New Zealand sas guys in Afghanistan. Uh. If you should go check out that interview because it's a very unique perspective from you know, we don't get to hear from too many of these guys, so it's really cool to hear about his country's special ops service. And he also we talked a lot about their timing Kaboul and a pretty significant firefight they got in when the when the Taliban was a hotel, Yeah, when the Taliban came and took it over or tried to, and they got into a really hilacious firefight. Three oh two Pat Weneger, Senior CIA Office one of my favorites. Also, you know Pat is uh you know I I used to talk to his dad on the phone once in a while. George Weneger, who I'm sorry we don't have a recorded interview on the Teamhouse with George. He was a Special Forces legend, lots of time. He served in Vietnam, also served all over Latin America, even with with other friends of mine. And then his son Pat served in the Army and then made the jump over to the CIA and did some really important work at the agency, some of which we were able to touch upon in the interview. And he told a great story about extracting his source in Iraq. Yeah, fantastic, fantastic story. Very I mean like Hollywood, you know, film type stuff. Yeah, totally. Episode three oh three was Chris Cappy. Uh. He is a former infantryman, had some awesome story and he is also the dude that does videos for the Task and Purpose YouTube channel. He's a big YouTuber, big star. Yeah, he's a great guy too. Yeah, cool dude. And then three or four with was Justin Warrez who was fifth Special Forces Group, and again cool story man about like there's some leadership lessons in there, there's some good combat stories, and then there's just Justin's like completely eccentric hobbies.
Speaker 2: The guy wanted to learn how to build an airplane, so he bought a library, a little library full of aeronautics and and airframe and construction and everything else and learn how to build.
Speaker 1: And it was like, that's no big deal. You can teach yourself to do this.
Speaker 3: And they currently building an airplane right now for their aviation company. And they have a great company that sponsors our podcast KG Connecticus Bingo, Connectic Research Group dot com.
Speaker 1: So they're great dudes. Yeah, go check out the interview with Justin. He was a lot of fun. Three h five David McCloskey on the show for the second time, talking about his new novel, The Seventh Floor. David was a CIA analyst and now he writes five thrillers and I've read all three of them. I definitely suggest you guys go and check them out. I only read Moscow X and it's fucking awesome. Yeah, Moscow X probably is my favorite. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's got a new podcast too called The Rest is Classified.
Speaker 1: That's like doing really great. It's Colick on the audio. Check that out. Cool. I'm okay, last page.
Speaker 3: This show is the show that I think should have gotten more views and it didn't, and I'm upset about that, So you guys should go check it out.
Speaker 1: I agree. Chris Feistel who was a DEA agent and he was involved in breaking up the Colleague cartel down in Colombia. That was a really really interesting episode. And yeah, I don't know why it really need to get the atten not it probably should have, but if you're hearing about it for the first time, go and check it out. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And he's he's actually depicted in the Netflix show Narcos as one of the agents.
Speaker 1: Three oh seven Jack Barski, who was KGB illegal.
Speaker 2: So to say, a sleeper agents as the popular vernacular would say, which was a really fascinating story.
Speaker 1: How he got recruited, yes, and what was in the East Germany, East Germany, Yeah, and then came over here and was basically a low level intelligence officer for the KGB.
Speaker 2: With with the intent to basically working his way up in society right through contacts sort of like you know, do you remember like the Schindler's List, Like he starts out in the bars and hanging out like the low level guys, and then yeah, starts working his way up almost almost in that way was sort of his you.
Speaker 1: Know, science It's interesting. I believe there's a there was a Czech, a Czech national who has also had that kind of job in the United States, and you know, a similar story like these guys. The problem with having a long term sleeper agent. The guys get married, Yeah, their wife is American, their kids are American. Yeah, and like they become more American than Russian. You know, that's probably why they end up sticking around.
Speaker 2: I think Chinese do it right, like where they attached their operatives to political campaigns early on, and you know, get that get that funding and things.
Speaker 1: Like oh right, right right, yeah. I mean there's a whole interesting thing there. I mean the Chinese are they do get ideological recruitments, yeah, exactly. We don't get very many of those, yea, And they go heavily after ethnically Chinese people and their government has this attitude of like anyone who is ethnically Chinese as are people.
Speaker 2: And if you have family back in China, you are at the at the mercy of the Chinese government pretty much.
Speaker 1: Uh. Three eight q Kia he was a para in the UK military. That was a really fun episode. He does a podcast to interviewing UK military veterans. Definitely check his interview out. Three oh nine was John Kiriaku. Another controversial episode, perhaps for some controversial for some. He was I got a lot of shit for that.
Speaker 3: I got a lot of shit when I just asked, Hey, what do you think of this person? I got a lot of shit, a lot of guilt, guilt the CIA people like the guilt you former CIA people.
Speaker 1: You can't shame the shameless, ye they But no, I had no problem with his with his episode, and I thought it was a good conversation. John was a CIA officer who served in in Greece. Some really interesting stories about what was it seventeen November and then he as he got out of the agency, he became a whistleblower of sorts and ended up having to do some prison time. So go check out that episode and you can hear it straight from John rather than really good counting it. It's worth your time.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Three ten gene U for the second time. Yeah, his second episode on the Team House, in his episode The Second Shot or I'm sorry that his book is called The Second Shot. Please go and take a look at that. It's about when he was out of Special Forces and he was a civilian. He helped repatriate a Taiwanese woman who had been kidnapped in the Philippines and have her brought home. Fantastic. It's a wild story.
Speaker 2: It's a great story, and gene is just like an amazing dude.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Uh three eleven, this was you, guys, Jim Cisco.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so Jim, you know, very very interesting story with him and his expertise in Afghanistan. A lot of the obviously he was running there, he's sort of insight into, you know, a lot of what was going on.
Speaker 1: What do you think, d.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he had a really good perspective because he was like attached, so he was a liaison to Carzi.
Speaker 1: Yeah for a while. Yeah, we had a lot of that inside baseball. Yeah, it was like he was very close to cars. Yeah, yeah, cars. I liked him. Yeah, yeah. Three twelve Craig Jurgensen, who is a warp in Vietnam. Awesome, awesome episode. Awesome guy, great writer. Oh, Dave, actually I brought that book in for you. He sent his Civil War book. Oh, excellent, fantastic man. And so he he also is writing a series. I think it's the first one is called Chasing Romeo, and it's a series about worps in Vietnam that I'm really enjoying. So go check out that interview. You'll love it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was really good, and he didn't get demonetized because all of our other ab episodes for some reason got demonetized.
Speaker 1: Because those salty Vietnam veterans have many words. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Three thirteen. This was another episode that I wish got more attention. It deserved to get more attention. It doesn't make any sense to me. Yeah. Kushaw Limbu, he served in the gurkhas a very unique, colorful historical unit, the Nepalese soldiers that serve for the British government. Please go check that episode out. Man and Koushall had an interesting, I mean, a wild story. He lost both of his legs, in Afghanistan during an IED blast and he got prosthetic legs and now he's involved in athletics, he's you know, golf, participated in like the Para Olympics, the Invictus Games, and yeah, and he's a big golfer now, so please go check that episode out three fourteen. All right, I admit I am a partial to the Ranger interviews David Waterhouse. Fantastic interview that that dude has a pretty wild story.
Speaker 3: Pretty credible too. He served four years, a little bit more than four years, had six deployments.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's nuts. Yeah. Again, it's that generation of guys that got put through it. And he did a documentary too that you guys can go check out with an Amazon pract called Ranger. Yeah. Yeah. Through fifteen was the We Defy episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we interviewed kind of an unknown author Cap he came in to help with that interview, or Chris Chris Cappy came into help with that interview. And you know, we had none other than Jack Murphy sitting in the hot seat to interview that is the renowned author. And how did you feel the interview on?
Speaker 1: Oh? Really, well, I thought it was the best one I've done for the book so far, so you would recommend the team House too. I would recommend the Team House interview to the Team House viewers, Yes, I would. Yeah, yeah, And I should say thank you guys, all of you who supported the book and went out and got it. I really appreciate it. The book's doing well and it's getting out there, and apparently it's generating some really positive conversations out there with folks. So I'm really proud to be able to, you know, put this out there for the guys. Three sixteen was Frank and doctor Reno. They are basically I mean, Frank is a is an Air Force officer, but they're both academics. Yeah, and they both go around the world and they study America's different security partnerships that we have around the world, saying which ones are going right, which ones are going wrong?
Speaker 2: Right? And yeah, yeah, very very good conversation. It has five thousand views, which is just.
Speaker 1: So yeah, if you want like a really deep dive unlike America's current security relationship with Ukraine and what's going on over there, Doctor Reno literally like got off a plane the day prior from Ukraine and then is sitting here telling us what he saw. So if you're looking for more information about that topic, you should definitely check that episode.
Speaker 3: I'm going to change the title to Deadly as TFO mission.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, h or just put not Task Force Orange, but it will still come up in or outside of Task Force Orange.
Speaker 1: And then our three seventeen Wade Ishi Moto legend, Delta Force intelligence officer, one of the original members of Delta Force. He's an interview that I honestly, he's one of those guys I would have told you we'll never get back out. Yeah, well you'll never see him on the show. Yeah, you're welcome. Hey through his pummaker right now. Well to me because I made an happen. Yeah, yes you did. I just send an email. Good work, thank you. Well okay, So Wade published a memoir this year. It came out maybe like a month ago, called be in Toku Code. I read through it for the show. It's definitely like I learned things. Actually, a lot of the stuff that is in we defy, like green Light, Blue Light, the origins of Delta Force. Wade was boots on the ground for a lot of that stuff, Like he was the guy that was actually there and if I had his book when I wrote mine, I would have referenced it in certain parts. And if I ever do an update to this, I will.
Speaker 3: The craziest thing about Blue Light and Delta was like how those guys were, like who had served together at Vietnam.
Speaker 1: Some of them were like, fuck you. Yeah, I'm not We're not cool anymore. Yeah, yeah, sad man, It's sad. Yeah, but Wade was amazing. We just kind of scratched the surface in that interview. Go pick up his book and you'll get the rest of it. Then three eighteen is Andrew Bragg eighty second hear Born, So we got a level with you guys. Yeah, the way you're seeing these episodes is not you know, this is pre recorded. Right after we finished recording this episode, we are going to do the interview with Andrew Bragg, so we haven't actually done done the interview Yetible it's going to be awesome. Yeah, it's gonna be awesome, folks. I'll tell you he has a book out about his combat deployments, so we're we're excited to do this interview with Andrew. And Then three nineteen is another pre recorded episode, but we've already recorded it. So we can say we know what's in it. Jason Davis was a Ranger officer and then in the Asymmetrical Warfare Group.
Speaker 2: Yeah, really really interesting deep dive on AWG that a lot of people are have a surface myself included, have a surf surface level awareness of but uh don't really know like the deep story how it started and you know, and you know it's sort of function.
Speaker 1: Do you guys want a little teaser of what's coming in twenty twenty five? I do, I will. I'll throw a few out there. Let me pull it up here on our schedule, all right, So we are currently we're recording this in December, December twentieth, and we are currently scheduled into March of twenty twenty five, so we're pretty far ahead of the game here. Okay, So starting in January, our first episode in the New Year is going to be with a guy who was apparently like a bona fide member of al Qaeda and a CIA asset that was trying to infiltrate them, and now he like drives cabs in Staten Island. There's a documentary about him. I watched. It's wild. It's a wild, wild story and we should have him in studio. That'll be very cool. Then we have a couple of CIA officers. We have a military intelligence officer, I'll just say a special operations officer, Tom Gaines, the author of Quantum Dagger. I brought that up a couple of times on the show. Darryl Ute or ut. I apologize if I'm mispronouncing your name. Tenth group guy will have him on the show. My medic buddy from three seven to five, a CST. Another dude who worked for the NSA. Another SF guy, but he wrote a book and republished or maybe published for the first time a memoir from an OSS guy, So that'll be really interesting to talk to him. Then John Letcher, who wrote a book about the Wagner Group, We're going to have him. And then a sas M I five guy is going to be on the show. So that's the gist of what we have coming up in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: Guys, let me let me just explain something. There is no podcast on earth that gets the guests we get. I need you to understand that I get Sean Ryan, forget God bless him, Andy Stump and the rest of them. We are the only place to go for this type of podcast. Nobody and I repeat, nobody gets these guests that we get.
Speaker 1: Thank you there there are. There are definitely some very unique interviews that I'm really proud that we're able to help bring them to the forefront and get them out there. What else do do we have an announcements day do we want to tell them about?
Speaker 3: So we're gonna be We're gonna come out with a small like channel update video, probably in the new year at some point, but we'll like, uh, we'll loosen it up, we'll lup you up before we're gonna be switching a little bit of how we do things. I mean, you're still gonna get the best goddamn podcast in the history of the world old maybe top five at least. We're we do the shows live. We always do the shows live for the most part. Besides these Christmas ones we're gonna start, We're gonna continue to do the shows live. But the only the only difference will be our Patreon members will be able to access to live episodes and we will be premiering the episodes a couple of days later on the YouTube channel free to everybody. So if you want to be part of the conversation and watch the shows live and comment and question and ask questions to the guests. You will have to be a Patreon member, and that's Patreon dot com slash the Teamhouse where you don't only just get the Team House episodes AD free and live now you also will get Eyes On episodes AD free and you have been if you were already a Patreon member. So there's two podcasts for the price of one. I mean, I don't know a deal in the world that's like this.
Speaker 1: Thank you to all the Patreon subscribers out there. You guys like keep this engine going and we really appreciate it, and we we will not screw our Patreon subscribers. We're not going to take anything away from you guys, but we are going to deprioritize the like YouTube is kind of Yeah, YouTube's not helping us at all. Yeah, Frank, the podcast edition of the of the show is doing great, but yeah, YouTube is not the priority anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So, I mean, if you want to get in on the convo during the live episodes, and if you're a Patron and you're watching this show is live, you don't have to put up a super chat anymore. Like you could just ask a question in the chat and we don't ask it as long as it's like, you know, appropriate. Also, we are we're setting up a new website for merchant stuff like that because the merch people that we've been using are horrific excited to get like these next two weeks is what That's what I'm really going to be working on. We have patches coming out with our logo, Stickers coming out with our logo. If you see between Jack and Dave right now and the cigar humidor Yet, there's a sticker and there's a patch. Yeah, So look out for that website. That's another way to help support the show. We're flirting with the idea that if you do become a patret member, you will get sent to patch as a thank you. That's most likely going to happen to and it's gonna be me fl filling them, baby. So I'm gonna write you secret love letters when you join our Patreon.
Speaker 1: So yeah, you're gonna kiss it with the lipstick. You gotta believe it. Yeah, put my perfume on it. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Uh so yeah, I mean it's still the same show. Shows will be on Friday's eight o'clock, but they'll be premiering, not live, so if you want to join the conversation again. I know it's I'm shameless with my plugging, but the Patreon really is the life floot of the show and we really appreciate everybody who supports this show. Yeah, patreon dot com, slash teams.
Speaker 1: We got to go and run and interview Andrew Bragg in just a couple of minutes here, so we're gonna call it a year in review right there. Thank you again everyone who joined us and has been with us this year, and we're really looking forward to what comes in twenty twenty five, so we'll see you then.