Speaker 1: Our favorite meteorologists on the show, that is Dave Frasier.
Speaker 2: Dave, where's the snow.
Speaker 3: It's around, but it's not gonna do much in most areas as we expected. Yeah no, but I do like your your overview of it. It is our first chance to see snow. And while it's been a flake here and a flake there, the overall storm system we knew wouldn't be moisture rich, and the chance of grassy accumulation is still there. Don't count it out. We're not done yet. There's still gonna be one last push early this evening and that could coat the grass in a few areas across parts of the metro and even down here on the south side of the town. So we're not done yet. But overall, this just was never a great storm system. And officially, I don't think we're going to get our first snow at the airport. You need a tenth of an inch and I get that. I just got the change.
Speaker 1: Yeah, earlier today I had like, oh, there's a flake. Oh look, there's a flake. Oh there's a plake. You know what's funny. I saw images this morning. Apparently Hawaii got a big, old fat snowstorm.
Speaker 2: This morning.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, that's typical up on the mountains, way up they can get clipped. That's cold enough up there that they can get clipped with a push of moisture and get some snow. So go figure, right, yeah, exactly were measurable here. But listen, the mountains are doing okay with this. Not a great storm for them either. The latest reports I saw about an hour and a half ago, there's some two and three inches up there. No copper got two inches, so again it's not robust. The good news is it hasn't caused travel problems. We knew the roads down here would stay wet just given how warm and dry we've been. It is a little bit of good moisture. It's just not a lot. And I do like the timing. We get it in on a weather Wednesday, we get it out in time for Halloween, so it's good. You guys. You guys get your sweater weathers.
Speaker 2: I have on a sweater right now. I'm wearing my sweater. Yes, I'm excited about that.
Speaker 3: Your cuddle cast is at a seven for tonight.
Speaker 1: There you go, there, you So what are we looking out for the next week? Because I mean, is this are we going to be able to look at this as the thing that sort of pushed us into late fall, early winter where we're going to start stop seeing those temperatures near eighty.
Speaker 3: Yes, I do believe that we think this is the straw that broke the camel's back when it comes to the warm temperatures. So as I look at the forecast moving forward, we'll quickly get back to sixty sixty five, could even get close to sixty tomorrow on Thursday sixty five. That puts us about five degrees above average, which right now is about fifty nine sixty degrees, so not terribly warm. And then we have another chance to get back down into the forties and fifties with another shot of snow coming Monday, Monday night and into Tuesday. So another one of these could be a mix, could be some grassy accumulation here and there, moistures there, and of course the overnight lows. We're going to get hammered tonight. Our message with our pinpoint whether alert day for today, was not really about the day. Yeah, it's gray, it's cloudy, it's cool, it's wet, there's rain, there's snow, limited accumulation. It's about tonight's low. So if you have not, like Mandy and a Rod have already done, and I did this weekend, disconnected your hoses, any plant you want to save have to be covered or brought in, and that external type TU sprinkle system has to be drained at minimum, if not blow your sprinklers out. Kind of late game to do that, But you've got until sundown tonight because we're going down about twenty five degrees.
Speaker 1: I even put some more mulch on one of my flower beds this weekend. I was on the ball ready for some snow, and now we're.
Speaker 2: Not getting it.
Speaker 1: What is the next Here's my fear, right because I am leaving to go on the next Mandy Connell Adventure to sail down the Danube and go to Christmas markets on November thirtieth, twenty ninth, thirtieth, I can't remember which date right now.
Speaker 2: But are we going to.
Speaker 1: End up with some kind of like horrible Thanksgiving snarling snowstorm.
Speaker 2: That's going to create havoc across the country?
Speaker 1: What does the what does the decently far away out look look like?
Speaker 3: First of all, I'm extremely jealous that you're going on that trip. My life and I looked at doing that trip this fall, exactly that same trip, but for certain reasons we couldn't make it work. We're going to look at it to maybe do a next fall.
Speaker 1: So, well, how it is you We got to talk about which cruise lines and all that stuff, because I got a lot of information for you. If you've not done river cruising, you want to talk to me first, so we'll do that. But what are we looking at? I mean, do you see anything in the next three weeks? And I know that we're not talking about in three weeks this is going to happen, but like anything brewing out there, so.
Speaker 3: As you know, I have confidence in our seven day forecast. I have a little bit of confidence out to ten days beyond that. No, I do think we have changed the pattern where we are going to be more seasonal when it comes to temperatures, and that we could start to see more shots of moisture like we're seeing today. I mentioned the one coming Monday, maybe on Tuesday. There could be one towards the end the next week. So I think we'll see subtleties in there. Could we get hit with something big the overall pattern, the Lamminia pattern that you and I have talked about here on weather Wednesdays for months, continues as we go through and into the weekend. There's no question. There's no question about that. So I'm sorry somebody's calling me. So there's no there's no change in that pattern. And generally what that means is the month of November will be warmer and drive to normal. However, let me say this. I always talk about how one day can change things. So for the last three weeks, we have been talking about how this October, with the warm temperatures we've had, could be the warmest October on record. To do that, we would need an even sixty degrees. We've been running at about sixty point five heading for that goal. However, I added today's numbers in, and I added tomorrow's twenty five and tomorrow's Bourcast eye, and it looks to me like we're going to average below fifty nine point two just because of two days. And it's the twenty five degree temperature that's going to average us down out of the number one spot. So we'll be the second warm of October. It's like grades when you were in school, right, I was just an a.
Speaker 2: I just told my daughter this.
Speaker 1: I was like you, and I show my daughter this on you on the little on the app that we have the show all the grades and look at this you've got aaaaaoh and then you didn't turn in an assignment. Oh and look what happened here grade? And it takes nine years to build it back up.
Speaker 3: To that a.
Speaker 1: You know, it's like exactly, it takes so little to throw everything into chaos.
Speaker 2: Well, that's I mean, that's not bad.
Speaker 3: No, no, it keeps us out of the record books. And for dryness, we're already on the list. We're at number eleven. We will not be drier than that. Obviously, we don't dry out. We've got what we've got. But if we can get one one hundred or two one hundreds of moisture at the airport, instead of being tied or number twelve dry octobers, we would drop to fifteen. So you can wow, how just a simple day. And that's why when we talk about those thirty day averages, Yes, the month could end up dryer and warmer than normal, but she doesn't tell you anything about the day to day weather. Hence what we're experiencing today.
Speaker 1: Well, I deputized all of my listeners as my junior weather reporters today to let them know where it's snowing. All we've got so far some gropple by Columbae. We've got some light snow on the northwest of Colorado Springs. We got a little snow flurries in Estes Park. But other than that, I'm not seeing anything on the text line indicating where there's going to be a bunch of weather. But you know what, at least we won't have a snorreled afternoon drive.
Speaker 3: Well, hang on, because I do want to let you go. There is snow out on the eastern Plain. So this storm that is going north of us, the timing was we would get some in the morning, there would be a lull in the afternoon until about three, and then we'll get one last push. So like I said earlier, don't count out that we're done yet. And this last push could be a couple of rodust showers, both rain and snow. And if you get under one of those snow showers, that's where we could get the grassy cumulation. Still think the roads will just be wet, But anytime the roads have rain or wet as on them, it tends to small traffic a little bit in some spots. So again that push is going to come around the five o'clock hour for the evening commute, but should start the pushing east by seven, and by nine o'clock we're done and out of it.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: That is our weather. It's gray outside. I did get this from the air right now, It said Mandy, I work at the airport. Have not seen any snow, and now I can see blue skies between the clouds.
Speaker 3: Yep, yep. There is some punching up. There is some dry air. We dealt with that all last night. Again, it just has to do with this storm being north of us. We're in the wrong position for this storm. But as it lifts out the back side of it is going to whip in one last push. So those great those holes in the clouds where you might be seeing some sunshine, if you're hearing us along the front range, those will fill back in. There'll be one last push and then we'll be done with it. Unfortunately, then the sky's clear and here comes the crashing temperatures into the twenties.
Speaker 1: You know what, I'm okay with that. I'm ready for sweater weather. I'm ready to build a fire at my house and sit by the fire and enjoy my enjoy winter.
Speaker 2: I'm ready. It's October. It's time, Dave Frasier, it's time.
Speaker 3: Yep, well before we go, I know you've tied on time. But for Halloween, the sun will come out after some morning clouds will be near sixty and for tricker treaters it looks great. We should be around fifty two at five o'clock and about forty two by the time you get to eight or nine, So I'm not bad to the kids, all right.
Speaker 2: Dave Fraser, thank you so much. We'll talk to you next week, my friend.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: See all right, So that is Dave Fraser. Flurries in ski town. That's all we've got so far.