Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app. Do you miss the live podcast every day? Check us out on the podcast podcast. Wherever you get your podcasts, particularly on the iHeartRadio app is where you can find the Gary and Shannon Show. Yes, it is January twentieth, inauguration day. Donald Trump, commander in chief again, served as the forty fifth now the forty seventh President of the United States. Sworn in at the US Capitol you heard it here for the second term.
Speaker 2: Greeted with a standing ovation USA.
Speaker 1: Chance didn't get a full kiss from the wife wearing a flat brimmed hat. Good hillbox flat brimmed hat, couldn't get to her face, so got kind of an air kiss there. Carrie Underwood came out stole the show. Her music didn't work, so she just busted out with an a cappella version of America. The beautiful. Everybody in the rotunda joined in. It was a very nice, unifying America moment.
Speaker 3: That was a high line. I think I agree, because it was a little awkward there waiting. There was as the music started and then stopped and was it the right music? Did they have the right music? And then she just I don't know how.
Speaker 2: You screw that up.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, even though they did move it.
Speaker 1: Unless it was a Donald Apprentice style scripted beautiful Disney movie moment, I don't know if it was, but I mean, what a great moment.
Speaker 3: That was very very cool. There's a lot going on. Obviously, we'll follow what's going on locally. We'll talk more about it firewise and stuff. For Governor Newsom has issued an executive order the direct state agencies to help local law enforcement as evacuation orders are lifted and try to help people return to areas affected by the two biggest fires, the Palisades and the Eton fire. So that means the HP and Office of Emergency Services can now help local police and shaff's deputies and force some of the laws. And obviously, as the wind picks up again here, we're watching really really bad weather in about eight states in the South, from Texas up to the Carolinas. Late tonight into Wednesday, they're talking about very dangerous conditions. Snowfall could be historic in that area. The worst of the weather we're probably going to track near Ien between Texas and northern Florida. They said Mississippi, Alabama, and Georgia are all expecting a very heavy snowfall.
Speaker 4: In some areas.
Speaker 1: After four hundred and seventy one days in forced captivity, Israel released ninety Palestinian prisoners and detainees early this morning. This was the first critical step in this long awaited cease fire. It was initially scheduled to begin yesterday eight thirty am local time, but was delayed after Hamas was late to provide the hostages names to mediators. Israel carried out the last minute strikes against Hamas's group facilities. Now the faces of the hostages are these three women who were seeing young women who were seen carrying out what appeared to be gift bags from Hamas. The bag, at least one of the one of the hostages reveals that the bag she received held the certificate, a necklace and photos some of the things that that had been confiscated, but that the photos depicted the woman's time and captivity. If you can imagine what hell that would have been, sheer sheer hell.
Speaker 3: A Red Cross representative was apparently asked to sign a document and it were written in Arabic that said, this is an acknowledgment of receipt of Israeli prisoners, and the document read I the representative of the I are the International Red Cross acknowledge that I have received from the is Edin al Casambrigades, the military wing of the Islamic Resistance move a Hamas, a total of three prisoners who are and then it's got the three names there four hundred and seventy one days in captivity, four hundred and seventy one and they took to the streets to celebrate yesterday, did Hamas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was odd to see a celebration over the hell people went through.
Speaker 2: They somebody compared them to like an Olympic celebration.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like that they won something right, right, that this was a giant victory for them. And that's an odd way to I mean, it's just an awful I can't imagine what the families have gone through for four hundred and seventy one days. Multiply that by a thousand, what these women have gone through for the last four hundred and seventy one days. And there was one woman who lost at least two of her fingers. Had you seen that? Yeah, that her hand was all bandaged up. Just an awful, awful story coming up.
Speaker 1: TikTok has welcomed people back. There was a twelve hour shutdown. Did you survive? How did you you do without TikTok?
Speaker 2: Let us know.
Speaker 1: Use that talkback feature on the iHeartRadio app. I was talking to a friend. She's got a couple teenagers. Says that one of her kids has a friend that goes to sleep with TikTok on, like my sister watches Friends reruns to go to sleep. Okay, when I was a kid, I used to always have the TV on to go to sleep. I don't know I needed noise. I have a noise machine. Now it's kind of like the adult version. But TikTok to go to sleep, I mean, doesn't that seem to be more stimulate.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'm not on the TikTok.
Speaker 1: I tried it once for five minutes, realized it would be wildly addictive and a complete time suck, and turned it off immediately and got rid of it.
Speaker 3: I can't imagine doing that. My brain would fizzle, Yeah, it would. It would just low grade fizzle the entire night.
Speaker 1: I can't handle words anymore or even music. I just need like a buzz, just load. So I'm like a whale, but like a whale in the ocean. You know that just hears the sonar and you know that's me.
Speaker 3: And even that's a little much.
Speaker 2: I'm a whale.
Speaker 3: It's nice to be back.
Speaker 1: Mark Zuckerberg's getting a lot of heat for appearing to sneak a peek at Lauren Sanchez's chest a couple of times. He was seated next to Jeff Bezos and Lauren Sanchez. She's wearing a basically a corset that looks like a bra, white little lace going on underneath a white blazer, and the boobs are prominent.
Speaker 2: They are there, they're living their life.
Speaker 3: But you also said it was it was classya No, I mean, I don't know if you say alas as it's going to get for.
Speaker 2: Her, yes, or that style, that fashion sense.
Speaker 3: They are there now in Emancipation Hall, another part of the Capitol building, and the expectation is that President Trump will make some comments there, also that he's going to sign a bunch of exactscutive orders, and there will also be a departure ceremony. President Biden jumped onto marine well, it's not Marine one because he's no longer the president, but jumped into the helicopter there's often referred to as Marine one right there outside the Capitol, which I don't think I've ever seen before. I don't remember that happening in previous inaugurations that we've seen, but that helicopter taking the former president and former first Lady to Andrews. They're going to be doing a farewell ceremony to him before he jumps on to one of the big seven forty sevens. I think it's called Air Force Special Mission forty six. And the expectation is coming out here to Los Angeles area, southern California, and then they are going to be spending some time the Bidens in Santa Ynez as a relaxation point.
Speaker 1: President Trump making his way down the stairs at Emancipation Hall there where he is set to deliver remarks to a crown out of people. He makes his way there to the podium. He did say already that this and with Biden just steps away from him at the swearing in, that this is a nation in decline, and that the Golden Age he will usher in as the president, all of this will change starting today, he says, it will change very quickly.
Speaker 3: Got some room noise there Emancipation Hall, and again some executive orders that the incoming administration has said that they would sign right away. Involves some pretty big policy initiatives that they had talked about.
Speaker 1: He is standing there behind the podium with Milania in a tea length, a long jacket, a white blouse around her neck, there with that black pill box short hat, flat bread.
Speaker 3: All so much for being here, and Vice President Advance will speak first.
Speaker 2: You just say, hell, my goodness.
Speaker 5: I was a good way to start it off.
Speaker 6: You know, I didn't know exactly what the President would put in that speech, and I hope to myself that he wasn't going to hold back, and sir, you didn't hold back.
Speaker 5: That was a hell of a way to start the next four years.
Speaker 6: But I just want to say, from the bottom of my heart, and I know I speak for the President and for all of us, thank you, thank you, thank you for making this possible. We love you, We wouldn't be here without you, and we're gonna make America great again together for the next four years. And the last thing I'll say is, you know, having stood outside for about five minutes to wave goodbye to the bidens. Thank god we move that thing indoors because it was a beautiful ceremony and it was cold as hell outside, So sir, three hells.
Speaker 5: The forty fifth.
Speaker 6: And forty seventh President of the United States Donald J.
Speaker 3: Trump again vice President Vance introducing President Trump at this.
Speaker 5: He was right on the second Emancipation sunny day.
Speaker 4: We blew it. We blew it.
Speaker 7: And then I went outside and we were phrasing you would have been very unhappy.
Speaker 8: The sun was very deceptive.
Speaker 4: I will tell you.
Speaker 7: It is cold out, and I'm sort of saying, you know, that was so beautiful today. Maybe they should do it there every four years. Does that make sense? I don't know, because you know, the.
Speaker 8: Outdoor thing is really good, but it gets a little cold.
Speaker 2: Around this Some people don't notice nice.
Speaker 7: And a lot of times they suffer through it. There was no suffering in that room. It was seventy two degrees. It was perfect, with the best of the best acoustics I.
Speaker 8: Think I've ever heard in a room. This is not so bad either.
Speaker 7: But I just want to say, you're a younger, far more beautiful audience that I just spoke to.
Speaker 4: And I want to keep it off the record.
Speaker 8: I want to keep that off the record.
Speaker 5: I dig a congress nice because I don't want.
Speaker 7: To have all those big shots up there. I don't want to think you're more power than them. You look better than them, and I love you. We just had a great time. We just had a great day. This was amazing. You know, when you think we took a journey I mentioned in this speech, and a lot of people said that was not a journey that was possible, and it was indeed possible. I didn't really know too much about what they were saying when they said that, but a lot of people felt it. And we hooked up with j D very early. I watched j D over a period of time. I endorsed him in Ohio. He was a great, a great senator and very very smart. The only one smarter than him was his wife. That was I would have chosen her, but somehow the line of the line.
Speaker 8: Of succession didn't work that way.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 8: But now she's great and he's great.
Speaker 7: This is a great, beautiful couple and unbelievable career. I just said to him, you are very upwardly mobile, because he hasn't been doing it that long, but he picked it up so quickly. Remember the first week was a little bit like the fake news was hitting him really hard and they said, oh, this may be tough. But after that it was smooth selling for him. He took on everybody. He took on the meanest. I don't want to use the word corrupt because we're into a news system, so let's wait till the corruption begins, because it will.
Speaker 8: But he took on some pretty mean people and he handled it well.
Speaker 7: I want to also congratulate Mike Johnson for the job that he's still So we gave him a majority of almost nothing, and then I said, to make it tougher on him, let me take two or three of the people, right, I said, he'll only have to suffer with that for about three months.
Speaker 4: How are they doing, by the way, are they? Is that moving along?
Speaker 8: I said, do you mind if I take this one, that one and.
Speaker 4: A couple of others. He didn't mind. He can handled it.
Speaker 7: No, he's a man that's liked by everybody. I've never met a man like this. You've got two how many is it two nineteen or two twenty or two twenty? And of the two twenty two nineteen really like him. I noticed he got one negative vote once about two weeks ago, but I think even two.
Speaker 4: Twenty like him, if you want to know the truth. And that's very unusual.
Speaker 7: I know a lot of nice guys in Congress, and they have thirty five people that hate him. So if you have thirty five people that hate you and you only have one or two or three votes, you'll have five, I think.
Speaker 4: But that's that's going to be.
Speaker 7: Like, you know, the good news is when we get to that five number, it's going to feel like a massive majority.
Speaker 4: You could be really nasty to.
Speaker 9: A couple of them at lace, So it's going to feel like kidding your head on the wall and stopping.
Speaker 7: It feels so good to stop. But he's done a fantastic job. And Steve Scalise' is uh. He's our hero because you know I was with him.
Speaker 8: You talk about being shot, I was with him.
Speaker 7: He got some bad ones and his credible wife and she really loves him. You know, you never know about that. I've been with other people. They were doing poorly and the wife is like looking at a watch.
Speaker 4: She can't get out of the hospital fast enough. How's he doing? I don't know. It's all right.
Speaker 8: That woman was a mess.
Speaker 4: She was crying and crying. No, they're going to take him. They're going to take him. I told Steve when he finally woke up. It was a while too.
Speaker 8: The doctor told me it was.
Speaker 7: The most blood they've ever transfused in any patient. They've never done anything like it. And here he is the picture of strength. Right, and he's been a great friend of mine.
Speaker 8: Right with a family because of her family, and what a job you did.
Speaker 7: It worked out pretty much, pretty much better than we even thought, right, And I did have a couple of things. You're not just saying that we're extremely controversial and between j D and Milennia and anybody else that her, Please her, it's such a beautiful, unifying speech.
Speaker 8: Please, sir, don't say these things.
Speaker 4: I said.
Speaker 8: I'm telling you it's going to play great.
Speaker 7: They say you're right. For this group of people, it's going to play great. You're the only ones I heard by not But we had some beauties.
Speaker 4: Didn't we, Malania?
Speaker 7: She said, sir, cause me, sir, when she's angry.
Speaker 9: No, No, I'm only kidding. I better say I'm only kidding. And the press is going to pick that one up loud. No, but she said no, I think it's it would be terrible. It's such a nice speech. I think it's you know, it all depends on your delivery. How was the delivery?
Speaker 4: Was it good or.
Speaker 3: Exactly?
Speaker 4: Such a beautiful, such a beautiful speech. You can't put.
Speaker 2: Things buttoned up inauguration.
Speaker 5: I was going quick dismissal hostages.
Speaker 7: But you'll be happy because you know it's not words account and you're going to see a lot of action on the J.
Speaker 4: Six hostages to a lot of.
Speaker 7: Going to talk about the things that YO did today with the partons of people that were very very guilty of very bad crimes, like the Unselect Committee of political thugs, where they literally mean what they did is they destroyed and deleted all of the information, all of the hearings.
Speaker 4: Practically not a thing left.
Speaker 7: They deleted all the information on Nancy Pelosi having turned down the offer of ten thousand soldiers.
Speaker 4: You wouldn't have needed ten thousand.
Speaker 7: You could have had five hundred and they would have stopped because we may have a million people that day with the people that were in you don't see any photographs, but we have a lot of great photos but you don't see those photographs. They don't put them in to show the people at the Capitol. But I was talking about that.
Speaker 4: I was going to talk about that.
Speaker 7: They said, please don't bring that up right now. You can bring it up tomorrow. I said, how about now in front of the.
Speaker 8: Very I'll bring it up right now. You know, this little time.
Speaker 7: Delay is good because we're getting great reviews on the speech I watched.
Speaker 4: They'll take the speech.
Speaker 7: I'll say I didn't like it because he left there and he's talked to people.
Speaker 8: But we're giving you a little more information than.
Speaker 4: We gave up.
Speaker 7: Says. But no, they pardoned a lot of people. They pardoned before we even get to today. They pardon what is the thirty three murderers, absolute murders, the worst murderers.
Speaker 4: You know, when you get the death.
Speaker 7: Sentence in the United States, you have to be bad because they don't give it much. And he pardoned almost everybody having a death sentence. And if you went through the crimes that were.
Speaker 4: Committed, you wouldn't even believe them.
Speaker 7: The level of violence, the people that were killed, the inns and some people that were killed, and children killed by these people. And he pardoned them for whatever reason, he spared them, but they didn't spare the people that they killed, and you know, who knows what happens in the future. It's one of the worst because a lot of times they let him out early after that, you know, they say you're going to be in for life, but then all of a sudden they get let out for.
Speaker 4: Good behavior and then they go on a rampage.
Speaker 8: It's one of those little things, right.
Speaker 7: But I was going to talk about that, but I was really going to talk about the level of you know, what's going on. Why are we doing this? Why are we trying to help a guy like Milly? Why are we doing Milly? He was pardoned? What he said terrible? What he said? Why are we helping some of the people. Why are we helping Liz Cheney? I mean, Liz Cheney is a disaster. She's a crying lunatic and crying Adam Kinsinger.
Speaker 4: He said, super crying. I never saw the guy not crying.
Speaker 8: He's always crying.
Speaker 4: I look at him.
Speaker 7: I remember years ago he was actually on my side. And then one day, you know, when you don't want to kill people in wars, they turned against you.
Speaker 8: Was Jadey hated the concept of not going to war with everybody.
Speaker 7: Let's kill everybody, Let's spend a lot of money on military equipment.
Speaker 8: You know where her father works, right, But what she did was incredible.
Speaker 4: Think of it.
Speaker 7: They destroyed and deleted all of that information that went on for almost two years against Trump. And the reason they did because it was all false. Like the person that said I tried to strangle a secret Service agent, that's one of the toughest human beings I think I've ever seen. I actually had a friend saying, please don't change that, Cirtain, you are the coolest sucker in history. Remember she said, I put my hands around his neck because he wouldn't go to the capitol. Made up fiction and I was rebuffed. And the guy in the right is a massive weightlifter, probably stronger than me.
Speaker 4: Do you think he's stronger than me?
Speaker 7: Honey, you know who I'm talking Possibly stronger than me, slightly younger than me. Like I won't say how many years because I don't want to talk about that, but a lot of years.
Speaker 4: But I had a friend that said.
Speaker 8: Why are you disputing that story?
Speaker 7: That's the coolest story I've ever heard, that I would attack a karate champion, get slightly rebuffed and then throw my arms around the guy with a neck about this big.
Speaker 4: Even though there are bars, you know, there are bars. You can't really do that anyway.
Speaker 8: So I wanted to talk about that, but all of that.
Speaker 7: Stuff got deleted. And the reason it got deleted is they were all caught in lives.
Speaker 4: You know, Secret.
Speaker 8: Service testified and they said it didn't happen.
Speaker 4: Actually, the two guys were pretty embarrassed.
Speaker 7: They're suffering because their friends are saying, did Trump really do that to you? But they gained a whole new respect for me. But it was just make believes. They were a lot of make beliefs stars made up. So rather than suffer the wrath, like the story with Nancy Pulup say, I offered her ten thousand soldiers. She knows that she admitted it on tape that her daughter made. She's a videographer or whatever you call her, which I'm glad she is, so she can't be in good stead with Nancy.
Speaker 4: But Nancy said it was.
Speaker 7: My responsibility as she's leaving the capital. She said it was, and it was, she's in charge of security at the capitol. But I offered them up to ten thousand soldiers even more.
Speaker 4: One time, I.
Speaker 7: Said, more as many as you need, but you needed four or five hundred, ten thousand, I'd be more than the number of people there by lot. But we offered her ten thousand. Think of it, ten thousand soldiers. In other words, J six wouldn't be J six, there would have been no J six. But she rebuffed them.
Speaker 4: She didn't like it.
Speaker 7: No, she didn't like it. Maybe she wanted that to happen, but she's guilty as hell. And now you would have to go through the process because they destroyed all of it and say, deleted everything. There's virtually nothing left. The other fake story and so many other fake stories, and many people came out on our side, and those people, now we're got to find them. There's nothing left. So that's a criminal offense. If that were a civil case, it would be a criminal offenense. If that were if that happened civilly, we.
Speaker 4: Did that, it would be a criminal offense.
Speaker 7: So I decided, I'm not going to make this speech complicated.
Speaker 4: I'm going to make it beautiful.
Speaker 8: I'm going to make it a unifying speech.
Speaker 7: And then when they said we have a group of people that are serious Trump fans.
Speaker 8: I said, this is the time to tell those stories.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Salary, but seriously, I like to I think it was a tremendous success. I think we're very lucky we put it in because it is really cult. We just went to the helicopter out of respect, something that's taken place for a long time. I guess it's as old as helicopters. You used to get into a stagecoach, Now you get into a helicopter. Times change, but it's pretty old custom and it's a beautiful customer.
Speaker 4: Actually, it's a beautiful customer. I wish we could have had a better relationship.
Speaker 7: I wish we could have had a better relationship between Republicans and Democrats. I was with Senator Assumer, I said, Chuck, I think it's time where you all started getting along a little bit, because it doesn't make sense.
Speaker 4: I mean, we literally never get a Democrat vote.
Speaker 7: They never get a Republican vote almost And although there is a bill coming up very shortly that we have a lot of Democrat votes, it's going to be a very beautiful bill. We're gonna have a deciding I would say within a week or so, I think, and it's going to be a very good bill.
Speaker 4: You all know what I'm talking about. So I just want to thank you all for.
Speaker 7: Bigger You have been our fans from day one, or if you go to all these people all over you've been our fans.
Speaker 8: This has been This has been a.
Speaker 4: There's never been anything like it. There's never been anything like it.
Speaker 7: This has been a movement like no movement ever in history for probably any country, let alone this country. You know, if somebody is running for president, and if they go out and they announced they're going to Arizona, they're going to Nevada, They're going.
Speaker 4: To some place.
Speaker 7: If you have two hundred or three hundred people, that would be standard. Ronald Reagan would go out. I mean outside of the last couple of days where people get a little excited. But even then you have a couple of thousand people. But if you're going to go someplace, any place, any one of the swing states, anywhere of the other states, I mean, how about the non swing states. We want Alabama by forty eight points, Hannes Seed by massive numbers, Wyoming we've won by numbers that are nobody's ever seen of the something, and you know, places like California. We did, right, But when they send out like thirty eight million ballots and nobody knows where the hell they're sending them, and then they come pouring back the whole thing. You know, they passed alone in California that if you work in an election bureau and have you so much as ask for a voter idea, If you say, sir, ma'am, could I please look at your voter ID, they have the right to put you in jail. You're a criminal. Can you believe that there's only one reason that happens. They want to cheat, So they had it where voter idea wasn't accepted. But now if you even ask for this is seriously a bill that was just signed the past in their legislature, and it was signed, and I think when we get things cleaned up and we get back to a little bit of normalcy, I'm going to ask the speaker to really get involved because I think we would have won the state of California, because you know, if you look at my numbers with Hispanic we're fifty six percent and.
Speaker 4: We were winning.
Speaker 7: We won the Texas border that had never been won. As the governor said, he's doing a good job the governor, by the way of Texas. But as the governor said, it hasn't. Oh did I get lucky?
Speaker 4: Did I get lucky?
Speaker 7: Supposing I said, you now he's not here, but the governor of Texas has done a terrible job. Wow, look at you.
Speaker 4: You mean we couldn't get.
Speaker 5: You up in the front row.
Speaker 8: I'll tell you.
Speaker 7: Supposing I said, j D, the governor of Texas is not doing his job.
Speaker 4: You heard what I said.
Speaker 7: See, I didn't know you were there. I said, he's doing he's doing a great job. He's doing a phenomenal job. But now you're going to have a partner that's going to work with you because you didn't have Not only did they have a partner, he had people selling you.
Speaker 8: All right.
Speaker 7: We have a fence structure that we worked on, the governor worked on with me.
Speaker 4: And I didn't love it, to be honest, with that.
Speaker 7: One of a nice precast concrete, you know, forty fifty feet like a beautiful could have been a T shaped white shit.
Speaker 4: I love construction.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: Trump is definitely back to his comfortable rare non rare form true form to self in his rambling press conferences, And I mean it is entertaining. I'll give him that, but I don't know if we need to carry all of it. We'll take the pertinent information and dish it right back to you. Should something arise.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's not a lot. There's not a whole lot going on. And this speech. I was expecting some sort of just a quick thank you and.
Speaker 1: No, this was like a how did it good?
Speaker 3: You guys are much better looking, able to dress, guys are young.
Speaker 2: It should be insight right. You see those boots.
Speaker 3: Why would I strangle a Secret Service agent? I'm not that guy.
Speaker 2: That's not funny story. Maybe a stronger than me.
Speaker 3: While that's going on in Emancipation Hall there in the US Capitol, President Biden, former President Biden, now to say, got to get used to it. Listen, I'm still writing twenty twenty two on my checks. Former President Biden and former First Lady Jill Biden are at Andrews and they are about to board one of the Big seven forty sevens. I believe they're going to take the Big one and fly out here to California. They're taking a couple of days to relax out in Santa Ynez. And then President Trump and Vice President Vance have a series of events. They go through three or four different inaugural balls, et cetera, through the course of the day. Today and again we'll dip in this. This was This turned out to be just the rambling speech that I think a lot of people were expecting.
Speaker 4: Used to say, you had to run for president.
Speaker 3: He's still going.
Speaker 1: It reminds me of like an uncle at Thanksgiving tells great stories.
Speaker 3: Grady Vance gave up on this speech twenty minutes. Mike Johnson up stairs in the back of the room. They don't. But but President Trump right back at it, speaking in Emancipation Hall to I guess people who were in the overflow room that weren't in the actual rotunda for the inauguration itself. This is a different part, another cavernous area within the within the capital complex.
Speaker 4: There.
Speaker 1: Carrie Underwood, as we predicted, is getting all of the flowers today for being the consummate performer that she is. Her audio did not work as she was going to sing America the Beautiful in the rotunda. There was an awkward silence. People began talking amongst themselves. She said, screw it, She's got the mic in her hand. She just starts in a cappella, everyone else kind of joins her. It was a beautiful moment, and what a great moment for her.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't need the music. It's typic.
Speaker 1: It's it's absolutely not pre recorded. I'm not lip singing. How about I just do it on my own.
Speaker 3: Great moment, and then the the military corral that had already been there they performed earlier. They joined in, as did everybody else who was in there. It was a really that was a really cool moment. While that's going on, while the new administration is coming in and we're finding out information about the executive orders that are expected to take place, to expected to be signed into effect, what is usually used as Air Force one, one of those big seven forty sevens is rolling down the runway at Joint Base Andrews Special Mission forty six. The President, former President, and former First Lady are on board, expected to make their way out to California for a couple of days of relaxation. There's got to be a sense of relief if you leave that job, even I mean you would even say that. I think Trump felt that four years ago when he was leaving the White House for the first time, that there's a sense of like, whoof I got a weight lifted off your shoulders.
Speaker 2: It is a full day in d C. Power brokers.
Speaker 1: Arriving right now for the Congressional luncheon in Statutory Hall. Among those spotted, Mark Zuckerberg, of course, met a CEO, his wife Priscilla Chan, talking with Trump policy wonks Stephen Miller, Doug Bergham, the new Department of Interior nominee, chatting with Jeff Bezos, Amazon CEO, Senator Christin Gillibrand yaking it up with RFK Junior and his wife, actress Cheryl Hines. XOXO, gossip Girl. That's all I've got from that luncheon so far. Thank thank you for all of that.
Speaker 3: President Trump did mention in his inaugurationals inaugural speech the impact of natural disasters and how government and agencies respond to them, and has said in the past that he is expected to he expects to come out here to California to get an eye on some of the fire damage coming up on Friday. Just a quick transition into some of the local stuff that's going on. Obviously, we have yet another particularly dangerous situation red flag warning in effect today about an hour from now will go noon today until tomorrow morning. They said that this could lead to extreme fire conditions, the down trees, the power outages, the dangerous driving conditions that unfortunately we've seen too much of in just the last three or four weeks. Governor Newsom did issue an executive order yesterday that direct state agencies to help local law enforcement as evacuation orders are lifted. The executive order does direct to the CHP and the Office of Emergency Services to help local police and SHAFFS deputies enforce the laws that prohibit trespassing, loitering, and other local and state laws in communities that were evacuated because of the wildfires.
Speaker 1: Biden on his way out in the waning moments of what was left of his administration. In fact, after he had walked into the rotunda for the swearing in of Trump, the paper came down that he had pardoned five members of his family in his last moments. This is two brothers and a sister and their spouses less than twenty minutes to go in the presidency. Now, this is a president who repeatedly warned that Trump was a threat to democracy.
Speaker 2: Argue that as you will, but.
Speaker 1: The pardons threatened to challenge his assertion in the rule of law and the institutions of law and the Constitution and how things work. Pardons like this and preemptive pardons fly in the face.
Speaker 3: Of the rules. It's a little Listen. I don't know if there was a point where he just said, you know what, I don't care about my legacy anymore. I'm just going to do what I got to do to protect my family.
Speaker 1: Sure, and that's fine, that's completely understandable. But when you preamble it with I believe in democracy and preemptive pardons are not the way to go and all of that, then you go and do that. But well, people remember that. Probably not well. The TikTok Is was kind of interesting over the weekend. They shut down for just about twelve hours late Saturday into Sunday, and then restored all of the access yesterday after then President elect Trump had chimed in and said that he was probably going to institute that ninety day moratorium give them time to work things out. There was enough consternation that it was a little frustrating. And listen, I'm not a giant fan of Chrissy Teagan, but when Chrissy Teagan even says there needs to be some sort of a curfew on social media apps.
Speaker 3: Yes, you're absolutely correct, and that's that is an indication that there are some people who are finally kind of wake it up and saying to themselves, maybe this is not the healthiest way for us to communicate. Maybe there are plenty of great uses of social media. Think of all the charity, the charity work that's done using social media, Think of all the connections that are made using social media for a positive and then there are just with all of that good comes probably ten times as much bad or just hollow. And we talk a lot about you know, we've said that we're going to do a lot more of sort of the wellness world in this next year. Just in terms of what we talk about. There's such a correlation between mental wellness of how social media affects us and our physical wellness about the just the things we choose to do or the things we choose to eat or whatever. I'm kind of waiting for everybody to just be over it. I'm kind of over it. I'm kind of over at social media and posting things and looking at everything else. I'm just kind of bored of it, kind of just over it. And I think that the I think people will get there. I think we are.
Speaker 1: We are nearing the end of the hysteria of social media, of us being so enrapture, just because it's been around now a long time in its different forms, the new heads that grow. I would say that TikTok probably the numbers for they show it is the most popular right now. But like even I'm just like feel like I'm stuck in the algorithms that I'm in, whether it's Twitter or Instagram or what have you. It's kind of like I'm so done with that algorithm, Like I'm over.
Speaker 3: That to that end, just in terms of social media, Donald Trump has taken over the potus handle on Twitter on x and there were two posts. The very first one came in just over an hour ago. It just says Donald J. Trump sworn in as a forty seventh President of the United States. And then just about a half an hour ago he posted on there or whoever posted on there, America is back all caps. And there's this very highly produced video of him with images of walking through the White House, attending military events, giant helicopters and him getting off of Marine one and all that sort of stuff. So you've been listening to the Gary and Shannon Show. You can all plays. Hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio ap