Speaker 1: This is a clip from Day zero.
Speaker 2: You can access the entire episode now on our website and all podcast platforms.
Speaker 3: Have you noticed though that lately, and I mean in the last ten years, it's a thing where women in particular carry big, gigantic jugs of water around with them every Oh yeah, mm hmm. That.
Speaker 4: It has nothing to do with hydration.
Speaker 5: They're just it's just a thing to have like an identity and like a distraction and like something in between you and the world.
Speaker 3: And do you know what, you know what you should just like, you know what origin from they fucking invented cups of water? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that that originated from a bodybuilders walking in there with gallon jugs of water. Yeah, pretty much with their gallon jug And it's like, oh man, that ship's cool, you know, because everybody go.
Speaker 3: You need to be a big dude with like your cut off here, yeah, muscle muscle ship, Like he's super disciplined, he's making sure he drinks a cown of water. Or it's just a prop yeah exactly, exactly.
Speaker 2: Well, Hey, look we rather look the part than actually be the part.
Speaker 3: That's across the board. That's our new slogan.
Speaker 4: No, that's Turkey more than anything. Turkeys so much worse.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 5: I'd go to the gym and everyone there is just there to look like they're going to work out, and no one's working out, like the corners, like we're the only ones working out. Everyone else is like creaming and like makeup and whatever. When we went snowboarding once, dude, I was so excited. It was snowy, were going out there where the only everybody's riding up the lift, they're in snow gear. They take pictures of themselves and then they'd ride the lift back down and we were the only people getting off and like riding the mountain down the whole fucking day. Everybody in Turkey is just a poser.
Speaker 3: That is really a funny thing to be known for.
Speaker 4: It's pretty weird.
Speaker 1: So speaking of Turkey, I find it kind of interesting that fucking Israel is like trying to pick a fight with Turkey, who has like a hundred times larger fucking army, who could wipe them out in a fucking day. And they're literally out there saying Turkey is the next big fucking threat America.
Speaker 3: They're crazy.
Speaker 1: America is not bombing Turkey. I tell you that much like.
Speaker 3: They're gonna don't do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, these motherfuckers can't. People can't. We just all get together and nuke them, Like we need to do what they did to Freddy Krueger. We're that fuck allegedly, we need to do it in Freddy Kruz. We need to get all the parents together and go down into the basement and kill Freddy. That's exactly what has to happen on the International ship.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of animals that live there too. Freddy can't give a you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: They can aladi the whole land for a hundred fucking years and will better a off. Sorry Palestinians, but you collateral damage.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the conquer a few eggs, right, breaking eggs. That's its breaking eggs. Twenty twenty six.
Speaker 1: I put like at least like thirty percent of this country into a re education camp.
Speaker 3: Call the bottom one percent every year under your watch.
Speaker 1: I don't know if that's necessarily I've been reading on the restaurant.
Speaker 3: They used to do. That's what they used to do. That's in societies that were very well run, they would murder the bottom one percent of society every single year.
Speaker 1: Get a sacrifice.
Speaker 3: No, this is just to keep clean, to keep to keep the riff rabat, to to get rid of the people who are the problem, and to scare the ship out of the ten that might have been a problem.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but here's the issue today. May in every year, you fighting for your life and not be in that rip.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 3: So you don't want to be on welfare, do you? You don't want to be on social services. You don't want to make yourself a target. So all of a sudden, here's the motivation, the motivation that you desperately needed, the cheetah coming to eat you, or the lion on the tree waiting to drop down under your head. Like, here you go, here's the motivation you've been waiting for your entire life. If you can't make it out of the bottom one percent, that's on you, man, that's on you bottom one percent. We're not asking much. Could you be in the two second percentile? If you're in the second percentile, you got nothing to worry about.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, but look, mane you keep wiping out one percent, eventually that she keeps moving up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then you have Sparta and you're a.
Speaker 3: Great There you go. There you go is that what we got? Oh? Is it about?
Speaker 4: Did it?
Speaker 3: Charlie?
Speaker 2: You went watch honesty?
Speaker 3: Didn't think you go watch it? I did? Okay? Good enough? Good enough? You ain't got to give some spoilers. No, I'm not going to give you any spoilers. I will say this. My criticism with the casting is the same of everybody's like, what are you doing? This is retarded like.
Speaker 1: MH problems like the pacings off and some of the lines.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm I took one cinema class at usc and I think I got like a C plus in it, right, So I'm not the right person to ask. I'm not a critic. I don't. I don't think I really watch it with that. I that a lot of people. I know. Sometimes I'll watch a movie and then I'll go watch like a little short review of it, and I'll be like, oh, fuck, man, I didn't see any of that. Damn is that what that meant? I didn't I didn't see that. I didn't see that. Oh that's what? Oh fuck yeah that makes it. I was like, goddamn, they're watching enough was I watching this movie? Was I dead? And during this movie? God? Damn? You know, like I realized that I didn't absorb all that much of it, so I'm the wrong person to ask, But I will say, I'm look, I I got a dog in the fight. I'm predisposed to like Matt Damon. He invested in our company, Okay, so I can't I'm not gonna say. And you know he's always been a good guy to us, my company, So I have no nothing bad to say. I don't know the story well enough to know if it was on brand. I heard that they let a lady take a crack at it who had written a book that was sort of controversial, and they based it on that, which isn't great. But so I didn't. I didn't come into it preloaded with any sort of ideas of if it was staying true to the original book, because I haven't read the original. So for me, it was just is it an entertaining movie. Yes, it's an entertaining movie, one hundred percent. I mean it's it's scary, like it's legitimately not for the faint of heart. But in terms of like plot holes and things like that, you have to have somebody else. I'm sure I'm sure people are. I'm sure it got wokefied in some way, you know what I mean, made it like it took some liberties with how they port Yeah, with how they perceived Matt Damon's character as being you know, did he chicken out about going home? Not want to go home? Did he want to go home? You know? I don't know. I think that. I think that's where people had some issues with it. Like in in the original he was most definitely trying to go home, and in the Woke version, it was like he was like, Wow, maybe I'll just hang out and do this, and they were like, m I don't know, so uh, but like, is it worth your money for three hours to sit through it on a big screen and see a movie? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Did you did you see it in the You see it in the seventy millimeter? Said okay, So people were saying it was a fantastic experience. I don't even know.
Speaker 3: If you have the opportunity to see it that way, you probably should. I'm at not an option all the time. And he specifically set out to make that movie really impressive. So I think if you can can do that, you should do it.
Speaker 5: But we have like a new true Imax theater down here and it's booked out for like The Foreseeable Future every single scene, and movies every once in a while, and they're never even remotely booked out. There's like five people there ever, so and this is like booked at every seat is taken up for like all showings all day, every day for weeks. So clearly people are really into it, which surprised me. I was, like, I thought I thought a lot of I thought only byby basically leftists would really be that interested in it, because that's what they tend to do is be like, oh does the right wing mad? Now I'm going to see this movie on purpose, even if I never see movies. But it turns out people are super into this like new actual Imax shape or size or whatever is going on here, and so that's part of why it's doing so well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I think like you can see it, so you've got your regular Imax and you've got the Imax where they can run it into seventy milimeter. Well, so I don't know that's a specialty camera.
Speaker 4: Like an Imax.
Speaker 5: We saw an IMAX recently, but I guess that's not like true Imax, So maybe it's not the seventy.
Speaker 4: Milimeter and now this new one is that I guess right now.
Speaker 2: I would say one thing. If you go to imaxid shit as loud as hell.
Speaker 3: That shit is loud so loudly. Ever been to Man's Chinese Theater in l A, Hollywood, Lord Man. We went and saw Star Wars when it came back in like ninety seven.
Speaker 4: Oh, the old one that was new again.
Speaker 3: Old one when it got re released. They did it at midnight showing at Man's Chinese Theater, and I think it holds, like I want to say that theater holds like two thousand people. It is the biggest theater I've ever been in my entire life. You're you walk in here and you're just like, God, damn, it's like a it's like an airport hangar. It's so big they have to be technically walk in. You're just like, fucking hell, this is the biggest room I've ever been in in my entire life. And we saw Star Wars there and it was just amazing. Even though obviously you know.
Speaker 1: What it's doing something cool. Either they're gonna or they already have or in the process of they're actually gonna release uh, Star Wars the original version pre new edition. They're releasing that on like digital or wherever the fuck. So that's good because those version, yes, yes, because those are all lost. You can't get those anymore at all anywhere.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you, I am so old that I remember seeing that in the theater when I was five years old.
Speaker 4: Those are hard to find.
Speaker 3: Oh god, yes, oh yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: Colleators and stuff have those eight up, like, oh that sh is.
Speaker 3: Gonna well, they're gonna submarine them.
Speaker 1: If they release I mean, if they can do like if they can clean it up digitally to make it look good but not change the content, that would be ideal.
Speaker 5: Right, So I mean, if they could just change C three Po's leg back to gold, that'd be cool.
Speaker 4: But whatever, I was.
Speaker 3: Not asking too much.
Speaker 2: Gold.
Speaker 3: It was never gold. I would just say I had the little guys, I had the big a different color. That would have been a different wasn't.
Speaker 2: Look it's something you did. We don't have any evidence, okay that you didn't tamper with this.
Speaker 3: I knows what I knows. I know that leg was all one fucking color. Because I was a kid toys like a lunatic would.
Speaker 4: Not get that.
Speaker 5: Luke and Leo were brother and sister for like a while, and I had the dolls and I would like make them like the wife and husband, and like I mean, I felt later in life, I was like I was playing incense doalls?
Speaker 2: He Hey? What the classic classic movie of that Old Boy, go on, check you out some old boy ship. When you when you get to the end of Old Boy, you'll be like, holy fucking ship. This was a ride all the way to hell. It took us all the way to hell. Man took everybody down with damn it, boy, this ship was terrible.
Speaker 3: That's an a.
Speaker 5: There's a movie with what's Jake Jillen Hall's sister, Maggie Jillen ha and she's like a horrible drug addicts and' like a shitty mom and dude.
Speaker 4: It gets dark.
Speaker 2: I can't I can't think of it right opinion. Oh Maggie, well Jake, Jake's gonna no, not Jake. Who's the otherfucker? Somebody's about to be ghost Rider's ghost Rider. Damn they just announced that, nigga because it was damn what does it mean?
Speaker 3: Oh, Ryan Goslin? They he too old?
Speaker 4: Is that the guy who just did hell?
Speaker 3: Mary Goslin did he run Gostling.
Speaker 1: Is that the guy in the new fucking Footloose Roadhouse?
Speaker 4: Yea, the Roadhouse, Roadhouse. Jake jon holded, I haven't seen that.
Speaker 3: But yeah, ro okay, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Connor McGregor in it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Ron Goslin he was in. He was in Project Hill Mary. Yeah, Ryan Goslin.
Speaker 3: Oh, let's pull.
Speaker 2: They pulled his knee. Jup, so y'all know who we're talking about.
Speaker 3: Oh, Ryan Gosling. Here we go here it is k.
Speaker 4: Yeah. How old is he looked like that