Speaker 1: You've created everything.
Speaker 2: Let's put a powerful being you are. You did these things, but now you're in a human body, you forget the power you have. Welcome to Metamistics, where you don't know what you don't know. My name's Jonathan, and today we have a very special guest, Eric Osborne.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the show, sir.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you, Jonathan, glad to be here.
Speaker 2: Hey, dude, I am very very inspired and impressed and just enamored by your work and everything that you've done over the course of the last twenty five plus years. It is so amazing what you've been able to do, and you've just to fill everybody in here. You basically built like a mushroom church, right, Oh that's not that's.
Speaker 1: Part of it. That's a part of it. Yeah, we've done a lot over the last The church has only been what it'll be six years old in May or No, it was six years No, it it was five years old in May twenty twenty one is when it was founded on paper. It actually got going in twenty twenty, right after we moved back from Jamaica, and then in twenty one it was like solidified on paper. And so we're five years into that the retreats in Jamaica I ran for seven years, and then I had a gourmet mushroom farm that I ran for nine years prior to that, or seven years prior to that after the math.
Speaker 2: Wow, yeah, gourmet mushrooms. So you probably know a lot about all the different types of mushrooms and this especially the mushrooms that are in restaurants and whatnot.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, I mean that's how I got my start in this whole world. And uh well, I mean kind of like you know, Silo Sabin opened opened the door to just the world of mushrooms. I was like, oh my god, this is a whole thing, and so I started studying just mushrooms. You know. That was in ninety nine, and probably by like two thousand, I was selling wild mushrooms to local restaurants and then that just kept like growing and growing, and then by two thousand and nine I had started officially started a mushroom farm. So yeah, you know, I want in terms of edible mushrooms, I'm what they call a pot picker, which means you just pick what goes in the food pot. I am not a taxonomist. I don't want to be a taxonomist. If anybody cares about taxonomy, then Alan Rockerfeller is the guy. He's like this, especially with Pilo Sybin. If you don't know of Alan Rockefeller, he is a fucking mushroom genius. So yes, I got his work.
Speaker 2: If you're taxonomy all right, I've always been really curious, have you, like, have you noticed a difference between you know, the the psilocybin mushrooms that grow in cowshit and the ones that are grown in the lab, like the hydroponics, And is there any difference whatsoever in experience or effect in those or is it best?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh yeah, I mean so you know I right now, in my life, I pretty much only eat wood lovers. There's a species here in Kentucky of whatdiosisidiata that we call them ovoids. Those are what I pick and eat and mainly what I distribute to members of our church and ceremony cubensus. Is your kind of typical dung dwelling mushroom. I picked those in the wild. And the thing about wild mushrooms psilocybin wild psilocybin, particularly the dung lovers, is that they grow in open fields. And so there's a lot of UV rays, which can significantly limit their potency. Also, they are covered in pooh, so there's that. I tend to not eat wild pooh grown mushrooms, though I have and you know, I'm not knocking it, but if I can, if I can eat something a little cleaner than I'm going to the indoor cultivated mushrooms. Well, with cubensus, you know, there's been so many developments in that cultivar over the years where there's like two my last check, there was over two hundred varieties of cubensus strains, right like your Golden Teachers, your b Plush, your Hawaiians, your Hotlas or blah blah blah, your penis Indie. All that is some derivation of cubensus, even enigmas and blobs and some of these weird things that don't even look like mushrooms. There are actually mutations of cubensus, and there can be a significant difference in potency, in characteristics. You know, some of them are more visual, some of them are more kind of emotional, some of them have more of a body load. There's there are significant differences. And then at the same time, you know you're set and setting have such an impact on the you know, the subjective nature of your experience, so it can be a little hard to tell what's the mushroom, what's your emotional state, what's attributed to the environment. You know, I do generally suggest when it comes to convince convinces that people eat cultivated mushrooms because of the bacterial situation and wild harvested. But you know, I pretty much exclusively eat wild soilicybin now myself.
Speaker 3: That are like I said, these woodlovers interesting.
Speaker 2: I always found it pretty fascinating that you know, they mainly grow in the morning thanks to like the morning, do right, or do they I mean do they pop up all throughout the day or is it anything to do with it?
Speaker 1: So it definitely does. I mean, mushrooms respond to very small changes in the environment, and that means micro climates, right, So like, especially when they're in the developmental stage. I mean, like you don't see a mushroom until it is already you know, some of them, depending on the species, can be like five to fourteen days. Like the ovoids that we pick, they take quite a while to go from pinhead to primordia to fully developed. So like when I'm watching patches out there I'll see things that are pinning and forming primordia, and I know that they'll be like seven to ten days before they're fully developed. It depends a lot on temperature. The thing with the morning dew, what happens in the morning with the dew is that there is this wicking of moisture. So what mushrooms they love, most of them really appreciate fluctuating humidity, like they want it to be high humidity, like eighty percent to one hundred percent humidity. But that fluctuation in humility humidity does them a lot of good developmentally. And so you know, the morning dew is that initial like that the cool mornings with that moisture is what signals the initial growth and the pinning of the mushroom. And then as things warm up and that moisture starts to evaporate, then the fruit body will kind of continue to grow immature. So they are developing all day long, but they just seem to come up with the do because their initial response, their initial fruiting response, is due to that fluctuation in temperature and humidity.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, gotcha.
Speaker 1: You know it's a science, you know.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, there's so much that goes into it. Yeah, the the mushrooms, I've always been really curious. I know that there are other plants that give off certain like warnings and like they have like certain survival tactics. You know, maybe they give off some some kind of poison, like like you know, poison ivy, or maybe have thorns in order to protect themselves. Do you think that the mushrooms developed like this psychoactive ingredient inside of them to ward off other people from eating them or is that something that just naturally occurs in them.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's to ward off people, because it brings us in. I mean, there is some evidence and it's been suggested that one of the evolutionary benefits of psilocybin in particular is as an insect propellant. And I will say that when I have cultivated psilocybin in the wild or outdoors, or even the wild mushrooms that are harvest they are there are very few bugs that get to them, right, like oyster mushrooms and chicken on the woods and all that other stuff. Bugs love them. It's not necessarily the case with sil sabin. I also think, you know, there's also another vein of thought that says that silicebn is antibacterial. I personally think it's both. I think that both are true, and I think there's something very interesting and worth exploring that this compound is highly psychoactive and is structurally almost identical to serotonin. So perhaps it is a twofold purpose. Perhaps it is a deterrent for bugs in bacteria, and perhaps it is a draw for humans. Perhaps it deters bugs and bacteria so that it can be preserved for humans. You know, the ovoids that I pick, they will literally dry in situ, so like very often, if the conditions are right, I can go find these mushrooms and they'll be dried out in the mulch, and I can st will harvest them, clean them, and use them right so for their entire life cycle. That's unlike I cannot think of any mushroom that I pick in all the dozens of species that I pick, that completely resist decay, especially soft bodied mushrooms. There's like rashi and some of your harder shelf fungus, turkey tail. That kind of stuff will you know, be bug resistant for almost its entire life cycle. So let's happen as one of the only, if not the only that I know of it? Does that?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: That is it's almost like evolved in a sense to be able to survive. Dude, I've heard of some some wild theories about you know, was it you know, asteroids or aliens or something that brought the mushroom here? Maybe it was maybe it's native you know, to Earth, which you could suggest that it, you know, probably is most likely considering the uh, the underground network and how all the plants are able to communicate through the mycelial network. So I don't know what are your theories on that. Is that just like crazy you know, psychedelic thinking, or do you think that it's more natural than anything else?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, even if it does come from our space, it's still natural. It's kind of how I look at it. The question of whether or not it was let's say, manufactured or designed is I think a very interesting one. I don't have a you know, necessarily a conclusion. But you know, form follows function, right, and so if the mushroom spores are designed like there, their form survives the vacuum of space, their form survives the radiation of space, right, then that tells me that's also their function. So If these are vanguard species that are moving through interstellar space to land on you know, habitable rocks where they can germinate and form my soylium and then become the foundation of soil and other life, then that's still natural. I think it's also as we so, do I need to give a precursor or prelude here, I don't. I don't guess. So, you know part of what psilocybin also does, and this is being evidenced again. It was already very clearly documented in the forties and fifties, before you know, the drug war burned all of the research. But psilocybin absolutely is documented at facilitating extrasensory perception esp. What we're now starting to classify in terms of what Steven Greer's thing called What's you get the five CE five. They also facilitate contact with non human intelligences. And if that is part of if that's the form that provides the function, then I do want to I do want to at least ask the question, what's the intelligent design behind that?
Speaker 2: Oh man, let's go I tell you a lot, dude, I have I've had some wild experiences on a lot of psychedelics, but my most but like my most wild experience was on mushrooms, like one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: I mean, I share it.
Speaker 1: Have you ever shared it here?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, plenty of times. I took like a heroic dosage of mushrooms one night, and it was wild.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I feel like I really connected to nature. I understood the tree huggers and the hippies, like it was all coming so clear to me. And I went to try and go lay down to go to sleep. And you know how hard it is to go to sleep whenever you're tripping balls, especially whenever you take such a high dosage that you're not accustomed to, you know, And I'm already a lightweight with everything that I do, so a heroic dosage is like doubly heroic to me, you know, like that's what it feels like. And I was able to not that, I was able to the you can call it like an alien encounter, a god encounter, an angelic encounter, whatever you want to say. But out of nowhere, I started hearing the trumpets like you hear about like divine trumpets, and you know, trumpets from the angels in heaven or what have you. And I didn't grow up religious like that is not something that I was ever accustomed to. But I heard that there was essentially like this voice if a trumpet could talk, That's what it felt like. And it was announcing itself as eloheem, but it was like elohem eloheim. And it was the craziest fucking thing. And I knew that I could like, uh, talk back with it, like I could ask it questions and all of this. I was curious, like, is this happening outside of my Like am I hearing this from somewhere? Or is it happening within me? That's such a weird thing to think, because you know all the thoughts that you ever have, you know that that's coming from inside your mind. You're never gonna think that your thought is coming from outside, right.
Speaker 1: So I'm not sure about that. I don't know how I agree with that anywhere.
Speaker 2: I mean sometimes sometimes, at least early on my journey, that's what I always thought anyway, right.
Speaker 1: Right, It's the standard kind of operation, right that, oh, we think thoughts. But I've come to think that actually maybe we're receiving thoughts.
Speaker 3: One hundred percent. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But I mean, look to the lay person who has never taken like a like a crazy dosage like that. It's a fucking trippy experience, right, It's hard to discern where is this coming from?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: And so I realized that I was able to ask it questions, and I mean the deepest questions ever. Like the questions and answers of that conversation were so deep that I have a hard time remembering what they were. Like it was on such a deep philosophical, spiritual level that every single time I asked a question, before I was even done asking the question, the answer was already coming to me, like I didn't even finish the question. Now I'm not I'm not asking these questions out loud, like I'm asking them in my mind.
Speaker 3: So even before they were able to form.
Speaker 2: Themselves as questions in my mind, the answer was coming to me like before I could even finish it. And it was very profound. And I woke up the next day and I was like, what is this? And and I remember saying, like, what was that that word that I kept on here in last night?
Speaker 3: And it was elohem.
Speaker 2: Now remind you, like I never heard of even the word eloheim in my life, Like I never heard of that, And honestly, I thought that it was Eloheim, like talking about Norse mythology with Hellheim and all the different hymes of the you know, the nine realms or whatever, and and but no, and so I looked it up and Elohem is like, you know, some people say it's angels, some people say it's the collection of gods or God. And I thought, oh my god, like, how is that possible? Like me, like, I've heard of other people experiencing you know, like aliens and gods and angels and you know, experiences with past loved ones and having near death experiences and all this other fun jazz. Never thought that that would ever happened to me. Never, right, Like, it's until it happens to you. It's almost hard to believe whenever somebody else says it, you know, and then it happens, and you're like, oh my god, Like these people are not crazy, you know, not that I ever thought that they were crazy. It was just hard to imagine it actually happening, you know. And so yeah, dude, that was That was my craziest experience. And I mean, I'll never forget it, like it's it was just something that imprinted itself upon my consciousness forever.
Speaker 1: That's a good one. That's a good one. It highlights a lot, you know. I mean, one of one of the biggest transitions that I've had over the years in working with mushrooms is moving from the skeptical, rational based mindset that this is all some kind of psychological debris that's processing in my mind, to the question of are there intelligences that are communicating with me? To finally the acceptance of yeah, not only that, but there is an entire ecosystem of spiritual beings metaphysical beings that are around us, probably all the time, probably right now. Probably just by talking about them, they become aware and they come and they become closer to us, you know. That's and that then it forces me to reconsider a lot of what I was taught growing up in my religious upbringing, because I was brought up Catholic, and you know, there was all the baggage that goes with that. But Catholicism and every religion, you know, has a mystical branch, right, So there's mystical Catholicism, there is mystical Judaism, there is mystical Islam, and then there are the dogmatic versions that are just like you follow fucking rules or you go to hell.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, right, right exactly.
Speaker 1: And so it's it's been a bit of a reconcil process for me. And really the thing that advanced that was when I started doing group work. For a long time, all of my psychedelic work was just either me alone or me with a buddy. And you know, you have these experiences within your own self, and they're very easy to dismiss. For one, they're, like you said, they're so powerful that they're easy to forget, right, So you're only kind of hanging on to glimpses of them. And if you're if you're with another person, then maybe things get weird, but not not usually is there something that's like, uh, we just got off the reality bus, you know, Like but when I started doing the group ceremonies in Jamaica, and I you know, I specialized in high dose experiences, you know, five to fifteen grams of groups of ten to twenty people, and you do that up with any kind of regularity. We were running, we were doing three retreats a week, two weeks a month, and I saw paranormal psychic phenomena that just there was no way of explaining myself around it, you know. It just this is what I'm seeing and other people having these shared experiences, and then you corroborate and you're like, Okay, I've gotta I've got to like update my map on reality here.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah, reality is constantly shifting the more you like uncover it. And I think that that's that's part of the beauty of life in general, because it really like like life can really be whatever you want it to be, and even even even the things you don't want it to be, if you believe it to be that then it almost is that it's so weird that reality is almost like reality. The way that I've began to understand it is that reality is essentially a projection from our inner world, you know. And that's a bit of a brain fuck because now it causes you to, you know, be be more aware of the thoughts that you have and be aware of the thought processes that you have. Otherwise they will what we they'll do what we call manifest in reality. But it's not necessarily even manifesting. It's just projecting from your inner reality. Is the way that I've begun to understand it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now I saw that very clearly with my arrest. You know, I spent what was it like twenty twenty thirteen, I guess is when I started selling mushrooms on the underground, and then in twenty fifteen we were arrested. And I mean, it's hard to not be paranoid when you're, you know, slinging shrooms illegally. And the night that led to our arrest, it was like, as I saw all the things unfolding, I was like, it was like, this is your inner world happening, or right before you eyes, this is all the shit that you've been worried about, now here it is. And so I think that's one of the most potent things that psychedelics do. And we're not yet having that conversation much around psychedelics, but there are powerful tools not only for this concept of manifestation, but for getting a grip on what it is that we're manifesting, understanding why your life is so blessed, or why it's a shit show, or why it is what it is, because then you see like, oh, whoa, this is my inner world that's staring back at me, looking like the X of the outer world.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 2: It is such a trip and dude, this is literally like what helped inspire this podcast in general was trying to understand the deeper mysteries of excus you know, Like I think that there's too many people that just take somebody else's word for what this reality is without experiencing it themselves, and that is such I believe it is such a disservice to whatever you want to call it, yourself or God or the universe. Like I think that in order to understand the world, like people, you know, they want to understand history, they want to understand philosophy, they want to understand science, they want to understand mathematics and all of this other stuff, the best way to understand the nature of your reality is to go in. And that's exactly what the mushrooms will definitely make you do. Like there is no escaping that, amen.
Speaker 1: I mean that's that's the premise of the book that I'm writing right now, I am. I expect to be publishing it in September, mid to late September. It's called the Psychedlic Reformation, and that is the entire premises that we while the science is great, psychedelic therapy is right. Ultimately what this work is all about, is your connection with the ineffable, the mystery, and that all of that external deliberating over what it is and what they do. Like that's just fun, but it's kind of mental masturbation. Go ahead and like make love with the divine, merge with the infinite by going into yourself and exploring and coming out with your own answers rather than taking someone else's trip report as like your basis for understanding reality. And when I say trip report, I mean like the science like this has the potential to get criticized. I'm not against science. Science is incredible. Like we're here on computers talking to each other from across the country on microphones and like this is amazing. I love it. I fucking love technology. I'm not shitting on AI. I think AI is helping me so much every day. And like there is a world of mystery that can never be understood in a ones and zeros that can never be put into words, and that is probably the most important aspect of life.
Speaker 3: Yes, it is. The ineffable is exactly right. And science.
Speaker 2: I think that there are people that have almost turned science into religion and say, well, there's only scientific proof that this is that and almost worshiping it as if God has pronounced it right. And it's crazy because science typically only dives into Sorry, there's somebody cutting grass right outside of my window, so that's lovely. But from what I've been able to find is that science deals mainly in the material physical world, right, Like it completely almost like forgets that there is a whole other part of this experience.
Speaker 1: Ignores it. It ignores that there's a whole other part, right Like if you can't count it, then it doesn't count. Like that's just false premise from the get you know, I mean, what you're talking about is what I understand as scientism, right This this belief that this these slogans trust the science like no science, real science doesn't trust itself. That is what science is. Science is not trying to prove itself right. It's trying to prove itself wrong. You have theories and you test them over and over and over, trying to prove your theory wrong. That is the essence of good science, which is what we meant we're missing out on, you know, Like there's a I have a great amount of respect for this individual, and I'm still going to criticize because or I'm going to comment on it. But Robin Carhart Haris is one of the leading psychedelic researchers right is over with the Imperial College London. He's been doing fantastic work helping him to bring brain science around psychedelics to the public for probably ten or twenty years now. He just published a book called How Psychedelics Work. And, like the title itself, is like a disservice because we don't even know how the brain works, and you're gonna tell me that we're gonna talk about how psychedelics work. I mean, again, I love the work, but that is a perspective of scientism that the current science is the be all, end all truth. This is, no, we don't know how psychedelics work. We have a very limited understanding of the thing that they're working on. We actually beyond that. We think that psychedelics are working on the brain, and that's just part of what they're working on. We have serotonin receptors all over our body. We have this energetic field that is more a part of who we are than our physical body, and that is being impacted by psychedelics. So yeah, I love it and I laugh at it.
Speaker 2: All at the same time, Oh dude, and it's it's wild. Like the people who you know, and I used to have a real hard bone to pick. I still kind of do with the people that I don't even like to use the word atheistic because I don't believe in God as a separate entity, Like I believe that it's all one giant thing and it is itself, is experiencing what it's like to be each individual in each blade of grass, each mushroom. That's kind of, you know, my pantheistic view on the nature of reality. But I feel like there are there are people out there that just don't like they just completely dismiss everything that is mystical, everything that is like magical, you know, they call things coincidences instead of synchronicities. They say, oh, well, that was just a one off kind of thing, and that wasn't really that special, even though a lot of the synchronicities that happen typically in your life are damn near mathematically impossible to happen, right right, I mean, certain things are just there's I mean, I guess in in an infinite universe, all things are possible, but it's the timing that really makes them special.
Speaker 1: Right, and that the timing and the personal ability, like when these things happen, and you know, I'm not gonna try to rack my brain through different things. There's so many things that have happened to me that have been hyper specific to me in the circumstance I was in the timing of it all. And you can look at that and say that it's some kind of pattern recognition or that we're seeing we want to what we want to see. But when you there, there are numerous instances that are just they're so from out of nowhere. I'll share one real quick that that is it was one of my profound iburban experiences popped in my head. So we're sitting in a we did a ceremony in Jamaica. We had I don't know, fifteen or twenty people down there, and there was a guy there who his brother had taken his own life. This guy was probably in his late sixties or so. His brother was ten years younger than him and had just recently taken his own life and he came to Jamaica because he wanted to kind of process this trauma, right, And so he gets down there and this guy was a staunch materialist who's an atheist. No God, no nothing, just ones and zeros. But his deceased brother's wife widow was a very spiritual person, and she used to tell this guy, we'll call him Jerry. I forget his name, little call him Jerry. She told Jerry that whenever she saw a hummingbird that she thought it was her ex husband or her deceased husband coming to visit her. And Jerry was like, aye, bullshit. You know, I know she wants that to be the case, but it's just like, come on, it's just like you're just wishful thinking here. And so he goes into this mushroom, his third mushroom ceremony, and he feels like his brother is there with him. Okay, he doesn't say this the day of. We go back into the integration the next day and we're all sitting in this big cabana, twenty participants in seven SpaceHolders. There are like twenty seven people of us there and this big circular cabana. We're all sitting in a circle doing our integration conversation and he's talking about how, yeah, you know, yesterday I felt like my brother was there for a little bit, and I was just like, oh, this is just my memory of him. And so he started talking about it and dismissing it. As he was talking about it. As he was talking about it, a hummingbird flew under the cabana, flew right up to his face. And I've never seen this in my entire life, and I'll probably never see it again. This hummingbird flew the entire circle, face to face with every fucking person there until it got back to him, and then it flew off. What Yeah, And he was that And it wasn't until then that he told us, gosh, I got chills now. It wasn't until then after that happened that he said, Wow, my sister you know, has said that she thinks that when she sees hummingbirds it's her. And everybody's like Jerry, He's like, oh well, I'm like, oh my god, dude, how much does it? How much more can it smack you in the face?
Speaker 3: Rightly?
Speaker 1: And then like literally? And the thing that to me that is really profound about that about these things, these synchronicities, when they happen, it's that, yes, in that immediate time and space, the things like everything came together at the right time. But to even consider for a moment. All of the things that had to line up for the past two days, two weeks, two twenty years, two hundred all the things throughout history that have lined up for that exact moment to happen when it did, is a little overwhelming at times to think about. So like, we live in this incredible mystery that we will never get to fully understand, but we can so fully experience if we will just give ourselves over to it and stop that doubt. That is the core of what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: Oh man, what a fascinating story. I love whenever stuff like that happens, especially to people that think it's all you know, gayzy, it's not real, right, and then they experience it and it literally causes a entire rewire of their thought process, Like, all right, that was really strange that that happened, and it was too personal just to write it off and say that it was just a random thing to happen because hummingbirds going around in a circle, Like, what are the odds of that ever happening? Especially when we said at that moment, that is insane.
Speaker 1: Like we all sat there just like is this really happening, looking at each other, just like what, Yeah, And I've seen so many things like that. I mean, mushrooms just absolutely what's this is why I understand them as a sacrament at this point, because they open us up to this other world. There is another world, There are other worlds that are interfacing with ours, and this gift of nature or gift of the gods or however it got to be here is actually an interface for us.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: And it's so weird too because it's it It doesn't even seem foreign. It seems like something that you know, we remember, but we don't know how or why we remember it, you know. And that's that's the thing that really will get you. You know, like if it is something that has never happened and you've never experienced it, whether here or you know, on the astral plane or as a spirit or whatever. If it's something that you've literally never experienced, then why does it feel that it resonates at such a deep level and that it causes you to unfold and you know, open up your mind in such a deeper way to in order to help you like understand everything else that's going on around here. Like it causes you some wild some wild thought processes. And I'll give you an example. So this wasn't on psychedelics or anything like that. But I used to have a conspiracy podcast and I did it for five years.
Speaker 3: It was called It's Still Going.
Speaker 2: It's called the Cult of Conspiracy Podcast, and we talked about a bevy of conspiracies.
Speaker 3: It was always wild.
Speaker 2: But my co host is like basically a fundamentalist Christian, right, and so it was always interesting to have that back and forth, you know, kind of like the mystical mind versus the Christian you know, dogmatic mind.
Speaker 3: And I don't hate on them for it.
Speaker 2: You know, we would have our battles back and forth, and a lot of times anytime I started talking about anything spiritual or anything extra dimensional or anything like that, it was just it would either go in one ear and out the other, or it would cause some kind of disturbance and then I would be called crazy, right, And so I I really I always tried to prove to him that, like, there is another layer that is stacked up on top of reality. And some people call them spirits, some people call them ancestors, some people call them gods, some people call them aliens.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's all. Maybe it's everything.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's just another realm of consciousness that hasn't descended into the physical plane, right, it could be something like that.
Speaker 3: And and he.
Speaker 2: Was just like, I don't know, dude, I don't know. And so there was one time and he had to go. So he does the night fighting, like you know, dressing up and like knight armor and you know, swords and they're blunted.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and but it's like real battering, like it's not you know, the fake stuff, and dude, it's wild. It's I mean, the swords aren't allowed to be sharp. It's more just for the battering, right, and like like if you fall down then you're out. It's one of those things to where if you fall down to your knees then you're done. So all right, dude, it's fucking insane. It is insane. And I love going to those. They're awesome, especially whenever they got like the the I don't know what they're called. Basically like big groups will get into this ring together, right, and and it's like teams, so you're going after the other team and you're just trying to batter them and beat the ever living ship out of them, like with with axes and pots and pans and swords and literally, I mean, and you're wearing armor, but you're still feeling the shock of that, like you know, there's there's something more to it. But so anyway, we were going up to one of his events, and I think that it was up in like like South Carolina, I want to say, somewhere northern. We're well, not that, not South Carolina's northern, but it's north from us. We're from Louisiana. So we are we're getting ready to go up to this event. And the event is gonna be held later on in the day, like around five or seven or something like that. And so since it was gonna be a long drive, we decided to leave at like three or four in the morning to make that drive up to South Carolina. And and so there's nobody on the road like around three or four in the morning, you know, on like on really any night, you know, And so we decided we were gonna leave around that time. And so we stopped over at this Circle K gas station, and we hadn't gone to sleep. We were just gonna pull an all night or drink some energy drinks and fucking hustle it out right and and we went into this this circle K gas station, circle K seven to eleven something like that, and I was telling him. I was like, dude, I'm telling you, there's this one number that just follows me everywhere, like everywhere I look. It is the craziest thing. And I've always been, you know, real curious about what the meaning of it was, you know, because you know, could it just be some kind of paradolia or my mind remembering patterns and it causes some kind of trigger psychologically or whatever. I've always been able to, like, I've always tried to understand what all that means. And it's literally followed me around since I was like fourteen years old, Like it's crazy, and that number is nine twenty two, right, and I've always tried to figure out what the hell that means. And so anyway, I'm telling him about this, and he's like, oh, yeah, whatever. You know, he don't believe in any of that numerology or any of that you know, spiritual kind of nonsense as he would call it. And so I'm telling him about this in this gas station as we're getting ready to get back out on the road, and and I'm like, dude, I'm telling you, it's fucking following me everywhere. And I'll tell you. I was like, I told him, I was like, I guarantee you, we will see that number on a license plate, on a billboard something like that on this trip. I guarantee you, and we'll probably see it multiple times.
Speaker 3: I told him that.
Speaker 2: He was like, Okay, well whatever. He was kind of just dismissing it. And so we get on the road and you know, at three or four in the morning, there's hardly any cars on the road, but there was one car on the road, one car on the road as soon as we got on the interstate, and the license plate said nine to twenty two. The first car, the only car on the entire interstate was nine to twenty two. And I told him, I was like, dude, wasn't I just telling you? I literally just told him this five minutes ago, and here it is. And so, I mean, I don't think it opened him up, but he probably just saw it as a weird coincidence or a weird one off. But I'm like, man, how many mystical you know, mathematically damn near impossible things need to happen to you in order for you to wake up that there's some other like weird spiritual layer that is laid on top of us.
Speaker 3: You know, It's it's strange.
Speaker 2: Whenever it's like how much needs to happen in order people to wake up.
Speaker 1: It's ironic that he would be a religious person and not able to see that, right, Like, similar to scientism, religion can prevent us from actually seeing the spirit world the dogma of religion. So I think that's very interesting, and I have I have a number of friends that are similar. You know, it's like, I don't know, Bud, I can't If you can't see it, I sure as hell can show you at this point.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, And so I've I've actually gotten to this place where I'm not even necessarily trying to argue or battle or do anything like that anymore. With the people who are dogmatic, it's like, look, I mean, you probably chose this this life in the first place.
Speaker 3: Maybe you needed to learn it's hard less. Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, well it's all in God's plan or whatever. Okay, It's like, you know, in my favorite one of my favorite quotes is my Carl Jung, and he said, uh, until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you'll call it fate, right, And I believe that that so many people are living by that and allowing life to happen to them, or not even necessarily allowing it, but almost to their own detriment, at the will of God or at the will of life. And they don't understand that you can work with it, that it's it's something, that it is a it is a team effort.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: It feels like yes, I mean that's.
Speaker 1: It's all buried in the in their Bible as well, you know, like this whole like when Moses meets the burning Bush, which you know, the d mt Acacia, But you know he says, I am that I am like your I am is the most powerful co creative consciousness. Whatever we say I am to is what we are becoming. It's and it's all right there. So you know, I've recently been studying Kabbalah because it is this mystical interpretation of the Bible, which for a long time I just completely abandoned the Bible. I studied it deeply for many years, and then I just completely left it behind. And now I've been revisiting it through this lens, and there's an incredible amount of mysticism that is like hidden in plain sight within popular religion. So it's fascinating to me how it's h how many people can like go to church and show up and go through the motions, like even like like if Jesus, if the story of Jesus isn't a story of mystical, otherworldly interdimensional stuff that I you know what else is Like this dude comes back from the dead and you can put your fingers in his hands or whatever, like he turned you know, three fish into a thousand and all this like and so like and then he even says, like the things that I can do, you can do even greater.
Speaker 3: And then yeah, so anyway, well that's not what he meant. He was just being nice.
Speaker 1: It was a metaphor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's funny.
Speaker 2: I always I always love whenever people say that, well that's a metaphor. But like the building of the arc and two of every animal, isn't you know. It's like the craziest things.
Speaker 1: Though, that they're they're showing this boat in Mount uh error Rat. There's this they've they have found this shell of a boat on the mountain. That's like they've done the the scans of it where you can see like rooms and everything in it and even that, Like, so the deal with that, It's like that story did not start in the Bible. That story goes back to the epic of Gilgamish and back into the Sumerian tales. So like this idea that the Bible is the be the beginning of our story, when it is, we can see with documented that these stories were lifted from a culture long before the Bible existed.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, the Bible is definitely an amalgamation of so many different you know, religious and spiritual histories. And dude, even you were talking about the you know, the burning bush with the acacia and stuff like that. I mean to go along with that, how about the Arc of the Covenant. Arc of Arc of the Covenant is built entirely of acacia.
Speaker 1: Wood, acacia would and there's mushrooms inside of it. You know that the story, So the story of the Arc of the Cone. So you know, I got really deeply involved in Rosta. That's how I actually got to Jamaica as I was when I left Catholic Church. I got got deep into Rosta.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I saw your dreads due that was awesome.
Speaker 1: And so anyway, there's like at the same time when I was getting into Rasta and studying the Bible, was also in ninety nine two thousand and when I was getting deep into mushrooms, and I remember reading about like all these different herbs and things that were mentioned in the Bible. And I asked this biblical scholar one time because I was so deep in mushrooms, it's like, so if if all these plants are in the Bible, and mushrooms are obviously really important, like they're an important food source, they're psychedelic there, medicinal, like there's I said, we're mushrooms in the Bible, and this person laughed at me, and then so like, I don't know, it's right around the same time, it's all talking about synchronicity, all having very much in close succession where I was reading the story in Deuteronomy of the Israelites lost in the wilderness, right, and so they're out in the wilderness and you even already kind of give a prelude to this. It says that when they were in the wilderness and they're you know, giving Moses grief for taking them out in the wilderness, and you know, Moses had come from this Egyptian high priest culture. The Egyptian high priests, we know, had knowledge of mushrooms. There's higher gloves. It's all you know. It's depicted there. And so Moses out in the wilderness with him, and he says, you know, y'all, hill out tomorrow there will be bread for you to eat. Tonight they'll be quail. Tomorrow it'll be bread. So apparently the story says the quail came down that night, and the next morning they woke up and there were white loaves all around the ground, right, And it says that these white loaves came with the dew when they withered in the sun, and they were instructed to collect no more than they could eat for the day, except for on the eve of the sabbath. They could collect enough to consume on the sabbath. But in order to store them they had to slice them and dry them or parboil them. And if they did not do that, then they bread worms and stank. These these loaves of bread bread worms and stink. Okay, So they came with the dew they withered in the sun, got if they sliced them and dried them, were parboiled them, then they were safe to eat, but if they didn't then they would erupt in maggots. At the same time, I just started getting into wild mushroom hunting, and you know rostas, so I smoke them out of weed. And so I go out one day and I pick a bunch of mushrooms. I put them on my table. I got like puffball mushrooms and all kinds of mushrooms, leave them on the table, smoke a big joint, fall asleep on my couch. Wake up the next morning and these mushrooms on my table had erupted in maggots. Win I was like, oh shit. They bread worms and stink. There are fly eggs inside the mushrooms and if you don't dry them, if you leave them sitting out at room temperature, they will irrupt in maggots. And so come to find out like puffball mushrooms. You know puffball mushrooms, the little round they look like a fucking loaf of bread. They just look like a white loaf of yeast bread. They actually grow in that area. There is a variety of mushroom called the desert truffle that's actually a puffball that grows in the Sinai region and it's sold in markets over there, and so mana the word. There's a lot of there's some controversy around this, but from the Bible says they called it mana because they didn't know what it was, right. I thought all along that that meant mana meant we don't know what it is, like supposedly kangaroo in Aborigine means we don't know what to fuck this thing is, right, and so, but from what I've come to understand that the true interpretation is that the word mana is a borrowed word from Syria and culture that means mushroom or fungus. Okay, So they sliced, they were instructed to put parts of dried pieces of manna in the arc of the Covenant to remember when they were saved from the wilderness. Right. The only other place where manna is mentioned in the Bible is in Revelation. I mean, there's other places where it's mentioned, but it's always mentioned in reference to that original story, and it says in those reference points, and it says that God gave them the food of angels to eat, right, Mana being the food of angels all around the world before any any colonialism happened. Mushrooms were called the food of spirits, the food of angels, the food of gods. Even in Jamaica they called mushrooms duppy food, which means spirit food. Okay. So there's always been this tradition that mushrooms are food for spirit beings, okay, And so they called this thing Mana. And then later so then it goes talk about this this whole like references food to the angels in Revelation, it comes back and says that basically in the end times that or you know what, we that whole interpretation is fucked up. I don't believe anywhere that we're like, the revelation means the end of the world, right, revelation means the revealing.
Speaker 3: It revealed.
Speaker 1: The apocalypse means the revealing, right, which is what we're witnessing right now. And it says in there that at this time that when the King of Kings comes, that he will reveal the hidden Manna. Okay. And there's this whole whole thing about that. As I'm studying Rasta and I'm seeing this, I don't know what you know about Rosta, but like the foundation of Rosta is that there is this Ethiopian Emperor highly Selassie, which is where the Ark of the Covenants are reported to be stored. Graham Hancock did this whole thing on it. You can go check it out. It's amazing. There's this temple out in the middle of nowhere, Ethiopia that had been tried to They've tried to invade it. The Italians tried to invade it in World War Two and could get into it. But it's supposedly where the original arc of the Covenant is and the Kings of Ethiopia who are descendants of Solomon, right there was a lineage two hundred and twenty five generations from King Solomon where him and the Queen of Ethiopia, Sheba at that time, supposedly had a child, and the Ark of the Covenant went from Solomon to Ethiopia. From that time, the kings of Ethiopia have been called the King of Kings, all the titles that the Book of Revelation talks about, and nobody really knew that until in the thirties when Hyley Selassie became King of Ethiopia and there was this kind of like the world's attention was brought to Ethiopia is a place, and so that's when we started to see in large scale that there was this tradition of a Solemnic dynasty, a dividic dynasty, in carrying the titles King of Kings, Lord of Lords, conquering the line of Judah, all the stuff that's said in the Bible. Right, Hayla Selassie is crowned Emperor of Ethiopia. He was the last emperor of Ethiopia. He is on the cover of Life magazine, of Time magazine. He's on the cover of Time magazine in nineteen thirty when he was crowned emperor. It's a headshot of this African emperor on Time magazine. He is called in like on the cover of the magazine it says man of the year, King of King's Lord of Lords. You can go look this picture up. It still exists, right, Wow, So nobody really talks about this, even though like that's what everybody's talking about, is like, where's the king of kings? Right within twenty years, Maria Sabina, who we were talking about before we started recording, reveals this hidden manna to the world. And now we see this revelation of knowledge that is occurring because we have access to these sacred mushrooms that were hidden for millennia.
Speaker 2: Now there is yeah, there it is. It says a right there, the King of Kings, right down there at the bottom.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Nineteen thirty November three.
Speaker 1: It's you know, it's a very interesting history. It's one that changed my entire ontology because I was brought up in a and I'm not saying I'm not saying anything other than these are the historical facts, right. But I was brought up in a eschatological Catholicism that was always waiting for the end of the world. Jesus is coming, Pack your bags, get your shit ready, It's about to go down. And like, I was raised in fear, and so when I started to see this, I was like, what the fuck a King of Kings like? And then you like, go and trace the bloodline, and then you go and read the stories of his life and how Ethiopia defended Mussoline and Rome, and you know, Rome tried to overtake Ethiopia. It's a fascinating mystical story that you brought dark of the Covenant. I couldn't help them make the connection because the mushrooms. Maria Sabina and interestingly enough, I find this interesting anyway. Maria Sabina's birthday is July twenty second, which is when we're having this Global Dose day. Hyla Selassie's birthday is July twenty third, so they're both they're both featured on global magazines. King of King's Hidden Manner revealed they both have birthdays back to back. It's it's pretty wild. It's an interesting coincidence if nothing else.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And in preparation for the show, I did a little bit of research on Maria Sabina and man, what a fascinating life that she lived. I mean it was, it was crazy. And I guess she she was no as essentially like a wise woman and or a medicine woman or a shaman, however you want to put it. But she I guess word got out because of these two dudes that went to go and they were like the first white people to go and have a ceremony with her. And supposedly it was just in that part of is it called Oxacana or something like that.
Speaker 1: Ohaka Hakka is the general region and hotl Inez is the believe the specific region where they were at the.
Speaker 3: Location got you.
Speaker 2: So he or she ended up, you know, having this ceremony with them, and then the I can't remember Gordon something, Gordon Wasson. Yeah, So Gordon Wasson went on to write like several books about her and where she lived and all this stuff and basically like out at her as far as you know, all of the ceremonies and stuff, which.
Speaker 1: She gave permission. You know, she gave him permission to document the whole thing. Now, he lied to her about his motivation for having the the ceremony, or the beleta as it was called. He told her because the cultures that worked with these, the mas Tech, are the only surviving indigenous culture that has a long standing documented practice with sacred mushrooms. There are there are kind of hints of sacred mushroom practices in Africa and around the world in pockets, but the Mastech had a very long tradition that descended from the Maya. Right. They they sheltered in Catholicism when the conky stores came in and they said, you know, these mushroom meters were talking to demons, and they you know, did everything they could to eradicate it. Some folks took that and you know buried their traditions inside the Catholic Church, which you know it fits really well. Both have the flesh of God, even even the Mayan when the conky stores came in, the Mayan were calling the mush from his tail on a coddle, which means the flesh of the of God.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So is that do you think that that is that they're that they're basically kind of connected whenever Jesus says to eat of my foot.
Speaker 1: Oh, I think, I think one hundred percent. I think all all this uh speculation that early Christianity was a mushroom fertility cult, I think there is truth in that. The I've had too many mushroom experiences that were like a carbon copy of the death and resurrection theme. So I do think that there was historical human being. My from my studies, the historical Jesus that we've been given is actually a combination of two different individuals. There were two prominent leaders during that time, one from the scenes and one from a more kind of cosmopolitan version of couplistic Judaism at that time, and that those two people have been because we have we have some very different pictures of Jesus in the New Testament as far as his personality and how he engaged and so anyway that aside, to me, it's a no brainer that the mushroom is the original communion, that it is what the Catholic Church was kind of like pointing to without pointing to, you know, like it's it is the original flesh of God. It's just it makes total sense. There's tons of historical evidence. It's been called the food of Gods, the flesh of Gods in multiple cultures around the world. And then like when you start to see there's there's even that there are in Central America, there are tabernacles where the I don't know if you know, like Catholic tabernacles will have this I figure what it's called. But this is this stand where they put a piece of the Eucharist or the Communion, right, and in this one church in Central America, there's actually a mushroom in the center of it. And so to me, it's just a no brainer that this is actually what we're talking about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I one hundred percent believe that. Yeah, it makes way too much sense. What do you make just out of curiosity? So the arc of the Covenant if you read some of the biblical stories that allegedly, you know they had to put it. Whenever they put it into a temple or into a room or something like that, the priests had to wear like bells or something like that, because they're still the traditional dead.
Speaker 1: So in Ethiopia where the Ark of the Covenant is kept, and this is a document. Graham Hancock talks about this very publicly in his book and in various podcasts. It's a publicized and docum minted history of the Ethiopian Church in this temple in Ox of Ethiopia. It's a one room temple that supposedly houses the ark, the original arc of the Covenant. The monk that guards the Ark of the Covenant, he wears bells on his robes because if you hear the bell he wears bells in a rope. If you hear the bells stop, then you're supposed to pull the rope out because he's dead. Right. That monk is chosen when he was seven years old, and his life mission is to live in that room with the Ark of the Covenant. People deliver it that his food is delivered through a little slot and like it's wild and so when he dies another seven year old boy. They're always preparing children to be the next guardian, and so you can go look all this up. It's really fascinating. I think the real interesting question is like, what's really in there, what's really happening with that. So the tradition in Ethiopia, I I see this last king of Ethiopia. He is the one who ordered the building of the most recent or the current temple that the arc is in. And the reason why is supposedly it was in the basement of Saint Mary's Church, which the story is that the church itself was starting to the foundation was starting to crack because of the heat from the Ark of the Covenant, and so they had to move it into its own space because it was going to like the church was going to fall down. Between Jerusalem and Ethiopia, there is there are a number of temporary arc shelters that were built when the Ark was being carried from Jerusalem to Ethiopia. There's a whole amazing tradition of so King Solomon. The story is the King Solomon had Queen Sheba come up from Ethiopia, and when she did, he seduced her. He had this whole trick. He's like, if you take anything from my house without my permission, then I get to give you a I get to impregnate you. And she's like, of course, why would I steal any from you. I'm a queen. And so at night, when she's asleep, he goes and puts a or he feeds her a bunch of spicy food, right, and then he puts a glass of water on her bedside table while she's asleep, and she wakes up dry mouth from the spicy food and takes a drink of the water, and he's like, gotcha, And she's like, ah, damn, you're right, And so he knocks her up, and he gives her a baby, and he says to her, this is the story. It's in the keyboard of Gost. He says to her, if if you have a child from our union, then give him this ring, and when he is a grown man, send him back to me so I can know that I have a son, right, and then I'll have our kingdom will grow and so whatever. How many years later, supposedly the story goes is his son goes back up to Jerusalem wearing this ring and looking just like his dad. And when he gets there, his dad's like, oh my gosh, okay, I got a son. And while he is there in Jerusalem, the high priests of the Ark of the Covenant have a dream that the Arc is to move to Ethiopia, and so they steal it at night, they take it to Ethiopia. As whole tradition. There are temporary temples that were built between Jerusalem and Ethiopia that actually illustrate that there was some movement of something that is purported to be the Ark of the Covenant. And then now you know, you have an Ethiopia. This chapel and there were discovered in the like the early nineteen hundreds, late eighteen hundreds, it was discovered that there was this isolated black Jewish community there that everybody's like, how in the heck did Jews get an Ethiopia? Right, they got like the Star of David on everything, and they're very Jewish and uh. And that's the whole story, is that they were descendants of this Solomon and Sheba thing. So I don't you know, it's fascinating is that what he is actually going on there.
Speaker 3: I don't know is that the Hebrew Israelites is.
Speaker 1: That the Hebrew Israelites.
Speaker 2: I the videos of people saying that we're the original Hebrew Israel.
Speaker 1: That that was from a supposedly a split from what I understand now, I'm like, I'm not a scholar on this perform I understand that was from the split between Judea and Israel somewhere at a different point in time. These Ethiopian Jews were called the Palashes. If you look that word up f A l A s h A you'll come across like like people were just like, how did this happen? And then they started they found this book that's in the Ethiopian Bible called the Cubrant. It's not the Bible, it's a separate book that's in the Ethiopian tradition called the Kuburan the Gost, which means the Glory of the Kings, and it is their story of how Ethiopia got Jewish people and became in possession of the Arc of the Covenant.
Speaker 3: Yeah, here you go, the secret Jews of Ethiopia. How about that? Wow?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Star David and Yeah, everybody's.
Speaker 2: Like, what that's wild? Oh my god, dude, there's just so much history we just don't know. I've never heard that before so much, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what what is like? What is if? If that thing is so powerful? Why what is actually Because I don't like as much as many you know, I'll say miracles. I've seen things that I can't explain. I've seen healing, I've seen whatever. I've seen all kinds of stuff. But there's all I believe that there's always some kind of grounded explanation like we may not, we may not get to that understanding, but there is something there. And so like I have, I have sat with that a lot. What is it that is actually the power in that thing?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean if you've ever looked into, uh, like the Lesser Keys of Solomon and so that's I think that there's probably something to do with that that maybe there was some kind of a solomonic seal or some kind of some kind of like spell that maybe could be if you touch this thing, then you'll die. I don't know, I have no idea, but it is interesting because it's said that you know, it's like it's it's fully built out of acacia wood, but then it's coded in gold, and you're saying that there's you know, a mushroom or mushrooms inside it. I don't see how touching any of that would cause death.
Speaker 1: No, you know, there's the disposally there are there is a piece of some pieces of the manna that they ate in the wilderness. There is the there was a staff that apparently David was given and it was a staff that that flowered, and that's how they knew he was supposed to be the king. And there was something else I think that was in it, supposedly in the ark of the the mode, the the tink commandments. Right, those are the three things, to my understanding, that were supposedly physical objects stored inside of it. So yeah, I think that the whole uh you know, notion of spellbinding or imputing some kind of power within the physical object is you know, the story. What they say is that it's the throne of God on earth. I don't know. I don't know how to even think about that, because it's just like I don't I don't perceive God as having a throne, you know, And then like how so anyway, there are some things that will just remain a mystery.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I'm okay with leaving it up to mystery. I try not to be so shre were about everything or anything for that matter, you know, because whenever you see whatever, you're sure about something, you're saying that it's definitely not this. And I'm like, all right, I'm just gonna say I don't know.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: It's like one of the smartest things you can say is I don't know, you know, but but yeah, as far as you know. Just to get back on Maria Sabina, I thought that, you know, it was so interesting. I heard a poem by her, and her like most famous poem. I got it typed out right here, but she said, Cure yourself with the light of the sun and the rays of the moon, with the sound of the river and the waterfall, with the swaying of the sea and the fluttering of birds. Heal yourself with mint, with nme and eucalyptus. Sweeten yourself with lavender, rosemary and camamill. Hug yourself with the cocoa bean in a touch of cinnamon. Put love and tea instead of sugar, and take it looking at the stars. Heal yourself with the kisses that the wind gives you in the hugs of the rain. Gets strong with bare feet on the ground, and with everything that is born from it. Get smarter every day by listening to your intuition, looking at the world with the eye of your forehead, jump, dance, sing, so that you live happier, heal yourself with beautiful love, and always remember you are the medicine. I was like, ah, ude, that's awesome.
Speaker 1: That's that's the message we need right now when we're trying to like dope up on vaccines and thinking that AI is going to save us. Man, that's the message this world needs.
Speaker 2: In my opinion, Yes, there's no doubt about it. And that's what you know. That's that's what a mushroom experience. It'll lend you like this kind of light shining on your own intuition that helps you remember things and know things. And this to me is like if she would have never taken the mushroom, Like I feel like a poem like this would probably be pretty hard to just come up with. But it it's it's magic, dude, It's it's totally magic. And I hate whenever people are just like, oh, it's just psychedelics, it's just hallucinations. It's like you can probably say that just about every religion and every you know, uh, spirituality was built off of some form of psychedelic, right.
Speaker 1: And state of nothing else but probably psychedelics.
Speaker 2: And it could be your your own, your own d MT, right, it could just be that simple and so. But a lot of these these things are tapped into because of like by going into a trance state, which it is pretty interesting because I I was looking up a little bit, where was it?
Speaker 3: I forgot where it was? Now, oh, here we go.
Speaker 2: So serotonin in general is a pretty fascinating chemical that everybody has anyway, right, But it's a it says, it's a vital monoamine, neurotransmitter and hormone, and it's primarily primarily synthesized in the gut about ninety five percent and the brain in the brain from the amino acid trypta fin. It acts as a chemical messenger throughout the body, regulating mood, sleep, appetite, digestion, and bone health. Like you can't live without serotonin, Like it's extremely vital, right, And what the mushrooms and a lot of psychedelics do is that they go right to that, like, isn't it because of the site, Like the psychedelic the way it interacts with us is by going and interacting with our serotonin receptors, Is that right?
Speaker 1: Yeah? True psychedelics, Yeah, you're true. Like LSD, psilocybin, mescaline, DMT are all serotonin analogs, So yeah, they that alone is it's profound to think about, you know, especially DMT. DMT is in so much it's in so many different plants. It's it's in our own bodies, right, And so that there are neurochemicals, there are consciousness molecules is how like molecules of consciousness in the mushroom in plants? Why consciousness is primary? Consciousness is exploring itself through itself. I think it's beautiful and it's beautiful, and I think that poem. I love that you read that poem. That's why we're doing this Global Dose Day. We want to just bring awareness to the origin of where this work came from. There is so much potential right now for it to be subsumed by medical models. And like, there's nothing wrong with medical application of psilocybin. There's nothing wrong with therapeutic application. I've seen enormous healing come about, and that is the lowest hanging fruit of the tree. Of course. Like I got worked with a physician one time he got out of his mushroom session he set up after like six hours. He's like, of course these things cured depression. I just talked to God for six hours. That's what we're talking about here, right, So, Maria Sabina's message has really been lost. It's really been lost. And I know that there are people who criticize me as being this white guy that's trying to do a you know, a global holiday for Maria Sabina. And I got people online saying, well, what do you think Maria Sabina would say? I don't really know what Maria saban would say, but what I say is that we need to give her some awareness. We need to remember that this is where this work comes from. It doesn't come from a laboratory. It doesn't come from compass pathways. It doesn't come from Paul Stammets, it doesn't come from Eric Osborne, it doesn't even come from Maria Sabina, right, it comes from the mystery of creation. On some of the oldest cave paintings depict psilocybin mushrooms like this is who we are, This is who we are. So I have people all the time, like, you know, giving me some grief about psychedelics being a shortcut, or you don't need psychedelics to get their good life. Okay, good luck. Maybe you can go sit in an aschrom er in a cave for fifteen years and have moments of insight. I'm so thankful that I can have a devoted practice that's really actually fucking hard. Like I've been working with these mushrooms for twenty seven years and they've kicked my ass innumerable times. It has required intense personal development and integration work. So in on of the things that this is a shortcut has no idea what this work is really about.
Speaker 3: One hundred percent, dude.
Speaker 2: I mean anything that you got going on in your life, Like if you are having a bad day where you are keeping things in the dark, you're you're not wanting to come face to face with the things that you know you need to face, but you're kind of just putting off, dude. And all the different mushrooms are very different in how they're going to interact with your you know, your brain chemistry and your consciousness in general. But like, good luck running away from that on a mushroom trip, you're not going to be able to like because the mushroom. I mean they are the teacher like they they literally they're they're one of the if not the best teacher. You can get way more. I've learned so much more from the mushroom than I ever have from any mystic, pre shaman teacher anything like that. And the beautiful part is is that you're not being told anything from anybody else. It is a conversation you are having with yourself in order to heal yourself and figure things out about yourself and remember things about yourself.
Speaker 3: And it's a it's dude, it's a.
Speaker 2: Communion, like if full on is you communing with call it the Almighty, call it God, call it Source, call it whatever the fuck that is. Like there, it is one of the most magical things. Yeah, I've heard people say that, you know that it's just a shortcut. And you'll even hear like Guru's like sad, Guru, He's like, oh, well, I don't miss with any of the psychedelics.
Speaker 3: It's just a shortcut to get to it.
Speaker 2: I'm like, dude, like, I'm sorry, But at least over in the Western world, we don't have all of this time to sit in meditation for nine hours a day. Like we live very fast paced lives. That's just the way of the world in which we live. But in order I will say, like, there are definitely certain things that maybe some might not be ready for on a deeply heroic, you know, mushroom journey. But that doesn't mean that it was wrong for you to try it. If anything, I think that it points you in the direction of things that you need to work on, and it causes much more inter reflection in general.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Hey, absolutely, I mean you know, so here we go, all right, Hinduism rich psychedelic history, right, Like we already know that the rig veda soma was a psychedelic drink. Most people think it was a mushroom mixture of some sort. Yes, okay, there are countless instances of psychedelics as a sacrament in Hinduism. Okay, So like even someone coming out of that tradition and then going to criticize, you know, the use is not fully aware of the origin of their own tradition. And when we talk about privilege, Yeah, what a privilege it is to be born in a situation where you can meditate for nine hours a day and like that becomes your life. Now, what you brought up that I wanted to be sure in touch on is two things, all right. The first is one of the real dangers in the psychedelic community right now as it stands, is that because there is no real, I mean real depth of history historical experience within our culture. You got the sixties and seventies that just like became a shit show and then it was illegal. And now we've got, you know, maybe ten years under our belt where there's some level of acceptance. Right, these tools take decades to learn to understand. The mushroom has been my teacher as well, and I didn't even start to understand it until I was in a ten year deep practice with it. Then I started to really understand that I don't understand just like you said earlier, right, And most people that are coming up in psychedelics right now are having a handful of experiences and they think they understand how psychedelics work. Well, this is what it is. And now I'm a guru, now I'm a psychedelic leader. Right. That is there is a real danger there because they require a depth of practice. They require that. And then what you spoke to in terms of you know, I say, going too far too fast, right, like being exposed to deep information that maybe we haven't grounded ourselves and oven prepared ourselves not for. And that's really something to consider. And that's ultimately why we started sanctuary, because we need community since there is no real tradition. Everybody wants to talk about, how oh do you come from a lineage? Like thank you? I am? I am the lineage. In my own experience, I didn't have anybody to learn from. The mushrooms called to me. I didn't have anybody to teach me. So I continue to go back to the mushroom. And so when we have the opportunity to build communities of people who are humbly working to try to understand what it is that we're even working with, that is I wouldn't say necessarily, it's like it is a safeguard. It doesn't prevent exposure to material that is too deep. But when you're exposed to material that's too deep and you don't have a grounded community or you know practice that you can go back to that will help you integrate and really like embody even if you can't remember it. Those things, I mean, that's that's the biggest learned lesson that I learned from these retreats in Jamaica. I feel a certain amount of remorse about it. Is that we would have people come down for a week, we'd give them, you know, three doses, escalating in intensity usually, and then they would go back to their cubicle in Chicago or whatever it was. And like there was a ton of healing and goodness that came out of that, and a lot of those people went back to communities and families who they couldn't even talk about their experiences and there is that's a problem. That's a problem. So you know, that's why we build sanctuary, because we want people to have a eventually worldwide but right now, you know, a US based national community where people from all around the country can come together and share other experiences, ask questions like see how much we don't know together, and explore this landscape that is frankly very new to us.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, I mean it is.
Speaker 2: It is a whole new frontier, you know, and I think that it's causing us to like it causes us to really reframe our framework around what reality actually is. You know, that's the real foundational like shattering is that you know, we before we have any of these kind of mystical experiences via meditation or psychedelic or what have you. Like, we we come to like build this reality and become familiar with it, and we know how it works and we know how it doesn't work, and you know what I mean, we understand relationships at a certain level. But then you partake of the Holy sacrament and it completely shatters that and it causes some people to freak fuck out, Like it is something that is scary, Like if you've ever done, you know, like a heroic dosage of mushrooms or took too much DMT or something like that, it'll leave you like in some form of spiritual fucking psychosis because it's too much information all at one time, and it shatters your belief around everything else. And some people start to fucking downward spiral with all of that. And I'm I feel like I'm a prime example of that as well, dude, Like I've I've had experiences on psychedelics to where I'm like, I don't know what's real anymore, Like I have no idea what the fuck is real?
Speaker 3: I like, I feel like, am I crazy?
Speaker 2: Because then you'll start to talk about it to your peers and to your family members and stuff like that, and they'll be like, ah, dude, you know, I think that you just took too many mushrooms one time. I'm like, dude, I'm telling you, like, these experiences are more real than reality, like more real than reality. And you know, it's not like a euphemism saying that, like it's a literal there is another world in which we're completely unaware of if you're basing your truth about the nature of reality and fundamentalism, like it is so far removed. And I think that that is a great teacher because it will cause you, like at a at a very quick pace and to rethink everything. And it can really, like I said, it can really you know, shake the foundation of which you built your reality and your senses and everything else on. But it can be a lot. And that's why the integration process, I believe, like is the most important part. Like the psychedelic you know, going on the journey and everything like that, it is, it's amazing, but it's the integration about what you do with that information after that trip, right, Like, And that's why, dude, I haven't tripped since October or November or something like that. It's been a while because my last one was like crazy, like it really fucking like it broke me, dude. But it's because and I'm not like scared to try it for a while. I was really scared to try another psychedelic or anything like that for a while. But I'm not scared of it anymore because I've I've taken the time to integrate the quote unquote bad trip, right and the bad trips. You know, they say that those are the better teachers. You're gonna learn way more from a bad trip than you're ever gonna learn from a good trip. A good trip will cause you to be curious, you know, a bad trip will cause you to become extremely introspective.
Speaker 3: In my in my experience anyway, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm on bad trips with the best teachers on. So that's an adage for me for sure. And I just you know, I think sometimes I forget how privileged I've been to be able to help so many people feel feel normal, feel okay in their experiences. You know, help you will take those difficult, bad experiences and turn them into something good. I just I've been I've been so privileged with this work. I'm so grateful for it, and so like when I hear that, it really like there's like this pain in my heart that there are so many people that are having these experiences and don't have a community, They don't have a place where they can be heard and feel okay, because that is that's the first step in turning a bad trip good is like is just being heard and hearing like, no, your experience was valid, it was real. It means something, and like, let's take some time to explore that together.
Speaker 2: Oh dude, and now you being somebody who's helped administer over four thousand plus doses of psilocybin professionally, like that has got to be one of the craziest things. Like shamans in general, do you consider yourself a shaman?
Speaker 1: I think that word been really been misappropriated. I mean, I think that we will eventually understand through you know, quantum sciences, that we're all quote unquote shamans, that we're all manifesting all the time, you know, I do. I do have a an experiential belief that these the awareness that is brought on by these tools can help us understand how to use our faculties in different ways. Chigong is a a practice that has taught that to me. If you ever look up chigong healing, there are people who use their electromagnetic field to balance and modify the electromagnetic field of others. And I think we'll eventually find that that's ultimately and like that's one of the things that quote shaman we're doing there is I I do like I have had, you know, lots of communications with other beings, so I do consider myself, you know, an access point. I guess at times I can be, but I struggle with the titles that get adopted and and and denote some level of authority. I'm just I'm just a guy that like has eaten a lot of mushrooms and helps other people work through their mushroom experiences.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, dude, I appreciate your humbleness on that as well, because I do think that that that does get thrown around and maybe it's not even fully understood. But yeah, I mean, as somebody who has gone on it as many trips as you had and helped administer you know, even more, is fascinating to me, Like before we get to the beings, because I definitely want to get to that part, but like whenever you're so you're essentially like are you whenever you say that you're administering all these doses, like are you are you also partaking in the mushroom? Because I've heard that before that you know, like there are certain shamans will say that, you know, whenever you go into South America or whatever and you want to partake in ayahuasca, that there will be shamans or medicine men that will like that, will drink it with you, and so that they're essentially tripping with you, and they're kind of seeing what you're seeing and experiencing what you're seeing experiencing, and they're walking with you through that is And I don't even know if I fully understand that, Like I could be misunderstanding how that works, but like, no.
Speaker 1: That's true. I mean, you know, there there are also instances where the the healer or the facility know whatever you want call those people are the only ones who take the psychedelic like where they take the mushroom, the person that they're helping doesn't, and then they diagnose the person's illness and help. And so, like I said, there's already been plenty of documentation about psychedelics being able to facilitate extrasensory perception and clarable wants and whatnot. I've seen. I have seen hundreds of profound instances of clarable lands, where people under the mushroom state become fully clarable end of someone else's life and can tell them everything. And you know, of course, like how could I, How could I work in this space and not eventually encounter that within myself? I do. It's been a while most of the time now, because here's here's what happens. When you start to develop a certain level of skill and people see that and they perceive it as something special, then they start to put you on a pedestal. They start to think that you're special. And I'm not special. I'm just so if there are if there are individuals who legitimately would benefit from my support in that way, then I will do that. But moreover, most people are fully capable of caring for themselves, and what I really try to do is just be a mentor to help people learn how to work with the sacrament so that they can use it as a tool for themselves. You know, the highest dose I've ever facilitated on was fifteen grams I did. That was a dose where I was the spaceholder, but I have done hundreds of dose is where I've consumed alongside the people, and it's been really, really valuable. It's been really helpful. There's one person right now that we're talking about, you know, somewhere in the next few months, probably going to do a dose together because he's got some stuff that he could benefit from some insight on, and based on what he shared, I think that I might be able to provide some insight for him on that. But I do that very selectively these days. It's really challenging. It's really challenging work. I did a lot in Jamaica and it did two things. It almost ripped me apart because I was constantly living in the psychic world and people started to put me on a pestol and thought that I was some kind of shaman and just a guy that's figuring it out with you. So yeah, that's been my approach with it.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And even just going back to what you were saying earlier as far as like, you know, if you were going to I don't know if the term is trips it or you know, just help hold space but like, essentially the administer will take the psychedelic while trying to you know, heal or find out how to heal the other person that they're working with. And Maria Sabina is like a prime example of that, you know, whenever.
Speaker 1: She also said, when this is what I have found to be true is that eventually you learn to speak the language of the mushroom without having to eat the mushroom, and so you can tune into that frequency. Like if people are tripping around me, then I'm kind of tripping. There was this one time I was at a conference, this psychedelic conference in Jamaica, and we're all sitting at a table eating dinner and everything's cool, and then this couple walks over and they're like really quiet and they sit down and all of a sudden, I'm just like, I am fucking tripping balls. What is going on here? And then I'm looking at them and they're just kind of like gigging on each other. Did you'll get mushrooms? And they're like wow. I was like, because now I'm tripping. This is not fair. You got to let me know. So it's like, you know that tuning fork that we find resonance with and that's I have seen. I've seen people go into psychosis who didn't consume mushrooms just from being around people who are. So I've seen three people who were who were primed for schizophrenia, one had one of that, two of them had already had a schizophrenic break, and one had a family history of schizophrenia. And all three of these people just by being around people in ceremony who were on mushrooms into the pabinet of schizophrenic break. One of them was the most fucking insane, Like it would take me thirty minutes to tell this story, but it was the most insane karmic retribution that I have ever witnessed. That was like decades in the making, and it was the outcome of this person having a schizophrenic break just from by just by being on site with people who were eating mushrooms.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's I did not know that that was a thing. Yeah, but it does make sense as far as the resonance goes. You know, Damn, there's just so much we don't know about this stuff, but it's definitely worth being explored, you know.
Speaker 3: And I think that the idea that it was.
Speaker 2: Ever illegal in the first place, is stupid, like it's I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think I think this is a big part of why it was they were illegal, right, There's there is knowledge, there is historical, even government knowledge. I mean, that's one of the reasons that they Gordon Wauson when he went to Mariasvina's the second or third time, he did not know it, apparently, but there was a CI undercover CIA agent who went down with him in the hopes of understanding how these mushrooms were used for mind reading, prophecy, claravoyance, et cetera.
Speaker 2: Oh, that does make sense, okay, Yeah, And it does seem that they're for sure has been government you know, poking and prodding in order to try and take advantage of it and stuff like that. That was really the whole idea around the you know, the the psychedelic revolution back in the sixties and seventies with LSD and.
Speaker 3: Stuff like that, which is pretty interesting, which I do.
Speaker 2: One thing pertaining to that which I thought was pretty wild is that the if it wasn't and I could be wrong, but if it wasn't for Maria Sabina and the what is the name of the guy, Gordon Wawson and the other guy. Then maybe Albert Hoffman would have never been able to create the the LSD element.
Speaker 1: So they brought back samples of psilocybin to Hoffman. Now ELSD had been formulated prior to any knowledge of psilocybin. LSD's So LSD is a really interesting history books somewhere called it's it called acid Trip. It's a really good book about the history of LSD. But LSD was created, I don't know, ten or fifteen years before it was even sampled by Hoffman. He created it as a part of trying to understand like there was some I don't know if it was migraine medicine, I forget what it was. They were trying to create some kind of a typical medicine. And they had something like twenty or twenty five different varieties of LSD right right, and whichever one became the LSD. Hoffman said that, you know, fifteen years or ten years after originally making it, that it was calling to him from the from the shelf, from the drawer where it was kept, and he just had his intuition to go back to plosc twenty five. He had this intuition to go back and check it out, and that's when, well, was it forty one when the bicycle day, the original bicycle day, I was like forty or forty one something like that, And Maria Sabina wasn't until the fifties. So ELSD came first, and then Hoffmann, who had this pharmacological experience with psychedelics, was brought in to synthesize Psiloiceba.
Speaker 2: Wow, you know, I've always been pretty scared to try LSD, Like.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I can't wait for my next LSD trip, Like, when's it coming, It's time, It's time. I'm trying to maybe the fall I'm thinking to give one.
Speaker 2: In what's the difference in your experience between the experience of the of psilocybin and the experience of LSD.
Speaker 1: ELSD is Well, sil seven is much more otherworldly and spiritual, and yeah, ELSD, I have never I've had some interesting experiences, but never anything that is truly otherworldly. I've never. Yeah, like psilocybin. LSD is like when I want to turn into a Ferrari, I take LSD and then I become a Ferrari for twelve hours and then I sleep for ten Wow, more like a Turner Ferrari for sixteen hours. Yeah, eld. The only thing about LSD is it doesn't last long enough.
Speaker 3: Oh you feel that way, I.
Speaker 1: Definitely go that way. I don't want it to end. I'm just like, oh, please don't go, Please don't go. I love it so much.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: I've said for years that my career was built on psilicybin. My retirement is going to be LSD.
Speaker 2: Wow. You know, I've heard some wild stories about LSD. My my uncle he used to be the lead singer in a rock band back in Pittsburgh in the in the eighties and nineties. He actually got pretty big, Like he was being played on radio stations and he was selling out concerts sponsored by Corp's Light and so he got to be pretty big. And so obviously as a rock star, you're like, you're going to be trying all the drugs, you know what I mean, especially, and that's was ultimately his downfall because he couldn't keep it at psychedelics. He got into a bunch of the harder shit. But he I remember him telling me stories about his experiences. One of his experiences on LSD that he went to a party after taking some acid and whenever he got there after it started to kick in. He goes, man, it was so strange because like I could hear wah wah wah approaching me, and I didn't know what it was. He said that it sounded like it was coming from far away, and that it was like coming up to him. And he said, out of nowhere, fucking missus pac Man appeared and it was like trying to trying to eat him and stuff like that, and so and he said, he said, every time she would get close to me, I would just punt the ever living fuck out of her and she would fly all the way down the street. And he goes, she was relentless. She just kept on coming back. So everybody kept on asking what are you kicking for? What is all this about?
Speaker 3: He said, Missus pac Man is trying to kill me.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's a good time. Come on. There's wrong with that, you know, I mean, like, I don't know's there's so much to get me said there. It's not to say that there aren't risks. There certainly are. But one of the things that I find with psychedelics is like they're a training ground for consciousness. And so the most important thing for me, and we can we can use this kind of bridge into the entities. And just as I am going to need to bounce here at three, I realize I got some things I got to take care of.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's going man.
Speaker 1: This is an awesome conversation though. One of the things that I have found about psychedelics and just like existence being because I have I have now come to understand. All right, So there's another world that's interfaced with this one. There are entities I get as an As an entity, I get to claim my sovereignty as well. I get to claim this is my space. You don't come in it, right, And that is an important lesson that can and should be learned through psychedelic work. Right. It's like that Gandalf and you shall not pass. We have that authority. There was a time when it first really started working with my head years ago. I had this I had this female do you know what you know? The chrome, the archetype of the chron like the witch yield. I had this. Yeah, I had this chron that would come into me and this other old guy used to trip with this old guy he looked like Gandalf. Gandolf in my head. He would tell me a couple of times, like, man, I've seen you turn into this woman. And I was like, really, because I felt like I turned into a old woman. He's like, yeah, dude, you turned into this old woman. That's kind of creepy. And I was like, yeah, I felt kind of creepy. That's weird. And so it happened, and it happened, and it didn't always happen, but it would happen sometimes, and then one time it started, it happened. It was happening, and I had already decided like, I'm not cool with this there. If there is a disincarnate entity that's like doesn't have a body, I'm not cool with it using mine. I'm just not I don't know you, I'm not cool with that. And so I had just thought like it was just like this like psychological expression, that it was not something that was invading my space until he started saying, dude, I saw you, and he was a super visual tripper. It's like, I'm seeing you turn into this old lady and it's fucking weird. And so then this one time it started happening, and I was like, I felt like this my personality start to shift, and right like as it got to like moving, it would like move across my being, and right as it got to like almost at the center point, I was like, no, you don't get to and it just immediately was gone. And I never had that happen again, and that taught me a really important lesson about my personal sovereignty. And so over the years in working in these spaces, that has allowed me to encounter these beings. I wouldn't say without fear, because there's been some definitely been some dark things that encountered, some things that I didn't know whether or not they were dark or what they were. But this is also you know, a standard teaching and esoteric magic that we all are sovereign commanders, like you were saying earlier, like co creators of our world. So that is a very important part of my practice. I don't channel, I don't allow anything to use my body or my being. I'm not necessarily against it. I know people the channel, and I've had some experiences of people channing channeling in the mushroom space with me, but it's not something that I am here to do. I'm here to be a sovereign being, and I am that is just how I outperate in the space. So yeah, if you want to use that to bridge into some of the entity talk I thought I found very interesting. I've had tons of wild experiences that have just really questioned had me questioned reality?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I can imagine, dude. I mean, and outside of my Loheem experience on psychedelics, I was able to. I say I was able to, but I experienced like this this cat person, you know, and it was like laying up against me. I could feel it purring, and it was a wild experience. But whenever people say that they have it, you know, encounters, and you know, maybe you call them aliens or maybe you call them, you know, mythological creatures or certain archetypes or or gods or what have you. But there is another presence or more presences that are around you whenever you become more open, and usually through psychedelics or some kind of trance state or meditational state, that that light is now shed on to whatever else is around you or maybe attached to you, or however you want to look at it. It's like it's a weird thing. And even with like I've been putting like a lot of thought into all of this the you know, the alien disclosure, like and I'm I'm I'm a believer that there are definitely, like other consciousnesses that are absolutely out there, like without a doubt, right yes, And we don't have the perception or the senses to be able to really you know, hone in on what that is or where it's coming from or or stuff like that. Just being a human we have, you know, limited capabilities. But the more I really dive into consciousness, the more I begin to understand that there is no such thing as alien. It's just different consciousnesses, you know. And and maybe those different consciousnesses will jump into an interesting looking vehicle that we're not familiar with, but ultimately they're inward like that, whatever they are, we're made of the same thing.
Speaker 3: Like do you feel that as well?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's why we have the ability to our have our sovereign space, Like you can't this is mine, you can't take it over, Like I get to command me, and that's and you get to command you. You know. Let's let's but we we all all beings have this inherent sovereignty. It's when we're not aware of that that would become subject to being influenced or being invaded by others, you know, And I think that, like, I love what you're saying about there is no alien because that, to me, that is an artifact of uh, colonial otherism. Like it's there's not there's not an other, There's just all of us. There's just it experiencing itself in different forms, you know. So that disarms a lot of the fear that comes around. It's not to say that there aren't dark and scary and potentially even dangerous entities out there, but ultimately they are also of the creator as well, right, so there is a way to understand them as teachers, and there is a way to disarm them through that understanding.
Speaker 2: Interesting, Yeah, exactly how you would treat somebody in your real life, Like, you know, you got to send boundaries. And I personally, I don't like whenever people are trying to touch me or be next to me, I'm like the fuck right here, you know, like give me, let me have my space here, you know. But but yeah, so, what what are some of your experiences with do I even need to say other worldly entities or just entities in general?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I've had, you know, shared UFO encounters with craft I've had three of those, only two were shared. One was a private experience that I had last year. I have had I won't get into the story because it goes too long, but I have had physical objects gifted me and gifted to me through beings that that's some of the most Well, okay, all right, I gotta sit with this.
Speaker 3: Holy shit, yeah it's.
Speaker 1: It's there's something interesting there. One of the most initially a rattling and it took me several years to understand. There was an individual who over his three doses, and I do with this because I needed to understand what was going on as best I could because it was intimidating for everybody. The first dose, I didn't dose, and then after that I was like, yeah, I need needs some mushrooms. What's going on here? And this guy would like do He would go back and forth in his experience, like flip flop, flip flop, turning from like this crotchety old man to this growling snarl bear. And every time he would dose, he came to me because he said that he would talk at WATSCA retreated. This thing happened and the people were like, yeah, we can't deal with you bro, and I was like, I'll try, I'll see what's up. And so he comes down and this first experience happens on three grams and it's like, Okay, that's weird. I need needs mushrooms and sit with this too. So the next time we ate mushrooms and it got weirder, and this beare thing started to get verbal, like very slowly started to get words. And then it like on the third dose, it was freaking everybody out. It was poor and rain, so we were all under this little cabana tripping together and he was like rowllying and saying all this stuff and it was like really freaking people out, and I could I could feel that there was something like he was saying, I am a god who has returned to Earth to bring healing and to bring balance and protect the feminine and all this stuff, and I was just like, what is this? But it was like freaking other people out. And so he would do all this stuff with his eyes closed the whole time. He do his eye clothes and like when I'm holding space, I'm always walking barefoot so I could be silent. And so there was one point I was walking by him when he was in the bear mode and he just like sits up. It's like the peak of it. I'm tripping balls. I'm just like, fucking is so intense, and everybody is just like fucking bother. They like what is going on? And I'm just like, cool, We're all good. We're all good. And I'm walking kind of pacing around him, trying to keep like a boundary from people so they feel protected or whatever. And he like sits up and he turns with his eyes closed and he faces me, like I'm to his left, and he turns and faces me. I was like, yes, he goes, you are no here, and I was just like, you know, you hang around long enough, you're bound to make a few friends, and and then that was it. But like that to me, I was like, when that happened, I was like, the fuck, there are beings that are watching me. I have a reputation in the spirit world. Is that what this means? And so later, years later, I never knew what to make of it. I mean, I understood it to be benevolent eventually, and I just actually had a ceremony recently that helped to integrate this. But years later I was home back here in the States, and I was watching this YouTube channel this father and son who were poltergeist experts, and like the CIA, FBI, whenever there's like poltergeists, they called them in to come help assess the case whatnot. They'd had like some wild stories, and he was telling this story of was They were asking like, well, do you ever encounter like could beings or whatever. He's like, yeah, you know, one time we encountered this this person who seemed to be possessed by it called itself a bear god, and it said it was like here to bring healing and restore balance and protect the feminine. And I was like what, it's exactly that describes exactly what I was experiencing there, right. And then about two months ago, we were in ceremony and this woman has this statue of a bear standing behind a woman and I was like, what is that bear? And she's like, oh, that's uh, that's the Norse I think its Norse God. I forgot it's not Artemis, it's something like that, but it's it is this spirit that is a bear god that protects the feminine. And when I saw that, I was like, that's I think that's what I encountered I think that's what. And I have also had the most compelling and the thing that I feel most compelled to talk about anymore these days around this is the first time it happened. I was in my basement grinding up honeur I used to grow convinces on field collective orsepreneur that I would sterilize. And I was in my basement grinding who and all of a sudden there was like I couldn't see it, but there was a woman beside me, and she was like just radiating love. She was behind me, and I just was like overwhelmed and just started crying. And I just felt like all this deep, deep love was just overwhelmed with love, and like just okay, okay, okay, okay. I was just like it was so sacred and so so intense and just sat there with it and sobbed and felt her love. And then that night I had already planned a mushroom ceremony that night by myself, and so I thought like, wow, this is gonna be a good one. So I go any mushrooms and six grams lay there by myself. Nothing happens, nothing happens. It's like, well, yes, it's not happened. So I just gave up and laid down by the fire, and when I did closed my eyes, she like appeared before me in my eyes and I was like, ah, sweet hair goes. And then she like stepped aside, and I was pummeled with every negative thing that I had ever done to women in my life, everys, every girlfriend, everything that I'd ever done. It was shitty to woman. And so I went through that for several hours. Well fast forward many many years later. This was one of the most profound thing that's ever happened to me. And I don't share it in any way like feel like I'm not special. All this is accessible to all of us. She is here for all of us. But the last retreat in Jamaica before COVID, there was a lady well rwind little bit there was in twenty seventeen, I did a solo nose here in my home where I went through this series of initiations and I was brought into this circle of female like Maria Sabina's clan is what it felt like, the heaters, you know, and they were like, good, you passed the test, all right, come into our circle. So I had this experience, well, fast forward to twenty twenty. It was twenty seventeen, and in twenty twenty, this woman came to our retreats and she is of Mexican origin. On the first dose, I could feel her like kind of like psychically calling to me, and I just like, don't just run to people. I'm just like, all right, well, we got to beat together, we'll figure this out. Like I'm just gonna let that be. And I'm not. I'm not like you. I'm not your boy. You know. People kind of had this idea like, oh, Eric's the guy, and I'm like that just so I left it. And so the next dose we did, we my dosed with them, and the same woman she walks over to me about an hour in She's like, Eric, can ask a question. I was like, yeah, sick, how come you don't recognize me? And immediately I was taken back to that circle of Maza tech healer women and I was like, oh my god, oh my god. All right, I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry, and she like stormed off and she went and sat in her spot. I gave her about an hour. I walked over there and asked if I could sit down since sure, so I sat down and over the next three hours or so, she channeled this divine mother and told me my past, told me. She didn't directly tell me about sanctuary then, but she alluded to this work that we're doing now. That was the last trip before it was the last ceremony before COVID when our retreats shut down and we ended up coming back to the States very shortly after. And the next day, the guy there was so much she spent like two hours, three hours just like telling me my life and telling me all this stuff about how I could just like be joyful that we were all watched over. The mother was always with us and knew stuff about me that the woman could have never known, you know, the individual who was doing the champl ever known. And then that woman the next day, he told me after breakfast, She's like, yeah, I got to talk to you. I was like, yeah, what's up. She's like, you know, since I was eight years old, I've been dreaming about a man that I thought was supposed to be my husband. It's like, I'm fifty now I'm married. I've been dreaming about him almost every week since I was a kid. And when I got off the bus, I saw you and I realized this is the person I've been dreaming of. And she's like, I'm not telling you that because I think you're supposed to my husband. I'm telling you that because I think you're supposed to know that that message from yesterday was really important. And since I've been reading Chris Bloodsoe stuff and some of the I've been studying kind of the I've had some experiences with what I would classify as Egyptian deities, and Hawthor being one of them, which Chris Bloodsoe talks about the lady being Authoror. I have had multiple encounters at this point up to recently. I believe that she was the inspiration for this Global Dose day to Hono Maria Sabina where it just came to me that this is I was like praying to the goddess the night and it was like, this is what you're doing next, Okay, So you know, all that is just to say that there is another world. There are beings that we can talk with that are looking out for us, that are on our side, and one of them that is being made prominently known now is this divine mother, This this goddess uh and so I've been beginning. I've been beginning to share that a little bit more freely because it feels really important, and I am starting to understand that it is she is, in large part what is ultimately behind the work that I'm doing.
Speaker 2: Wow, what an incredible story. I'd love to be able to add on to that, but I know you got to bounce here soon.
Speaker 3: But that is amazing.
Speaker 2: I definitely want to be able to have you back on, and I want to go as deep as we possibly can on many more of these stories and lessons and stuff like that. I love the work that you're doing. I think that it is highly beneficial to humanity and consciousness all together.
Speaker 3: Really.
Speaker 2: But before I let you go, we always do a tarot reading at the end of every show. WHOA Okay, And I pulled a card while you were talking right there, and I usually try, and you know, I try and have the energy of the conversation flow into the cards and then the rite one pop out is how is how I go about it? And I usually only have one card. And the card we got today is the Page of Wands, as you can see right there. And I like to read from this book, but it says the messenger of fire brings exciting news. Be open to adventurous opportunities. The page of Wands is full of youthful energy and may represent a child or younger person, or even a message from your own inner child, urging you to be more playful and adventurous. The young page stands still gazing at his wand as if he is imagining its endless uses. It is unusual to see him in motionless contemplation, a posture that reveals his connection to the earth element. He is both grounded and curious, a combination that allows him to play without getting hurt, as noted on his tunic by the salamanders creatures with fireproof skin. That is so cool, dude, because I feel like it really takes an excited, almost childlike, adventurous type of mentality to even go into the mysteries of what we're talking about right here, like without a shadow of a doubt. Don't take it too serious, but you know, like don't get wrapped up and I'm the one, or you know, I'm the most important figure. Here's the thing, Like we are the one and we're also the zero, Like I think like we're both at the same time, right, So I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Was her main message to me was you can play. You are safe to play. Now go and play and spread this message, and that's what I've been trying to do so perfect.
Speaker 3: Awesome, man.
Speaker 2: Well, look, if anybody wants to be able to learn more about you or be able to reach out to you find all of your stuff, where would they go to do so?
Speaker 1: On social I'm mainly active on TikTok right now of the Facebook because we're doing this Global Dose Day that I have a Facebook page for that, so you can check out the Global Dose Day there or my personal page Eric Osborne TikTok, Eric is Osborne YouTube. I've got a podcast where I'm just kind of doing like some talking here type stuff these days. I've got a lot of content from over the years. I've done so many different podcasts and that's Eric is Osborne. And yeah, man, it's good to start Sanctuary. If you're interested in the church that we have Sanctuary dot of Orbit Sanctuary with a p you check that out on all the socials along the website.
Speaker 2: Awesome, thanks so much, And I'll have all those links down in the show notes below for people to be able to get there with the quickness. But look, with that being said, if Eric Osborne came here and he taught you at anything, it's that you don't know what you don't know, So don't just get weird.