Speaker 1: Another day gone by, another podcast episode slipped past, and one more moment closer to all Hallow's Eve. Ladies, gentlemen, theyse and thems.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Halloween Week with Wicked and Grim. My name is Jacko, and I will continue to be your master of ceremonies for the remaining three days with her tales twisting through torture, through murder, through the bizarre and urban legends. I do hope you got your guests right last episode with the Three Legends. Now we're going to take a trip around the world haunted and bizarrely scary locations. Nicole has done a deep research and is about to present us with these such things. So sit back, relax, and enjoy the episode for now introducing Ben and Nicole.
Speaker 3: Thanks Jacko.
Speaker 4: I'm Nicole, I'm Ben, and you are listening to Halloween Week Wicked and Grim.
Speaker 3: A true crime podcast. I actually just realized I fucked that up. But that's normal. That's normal.
Speaker 4: It's all good. We said we were going to switch it up slightly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was that worked. Actually, if I installed that would have been epic.
Speaker 4: It was suspense. There you go for the Halloween Week. You know it's done on purpose. Right, we're back.
Speaker 3: And this week has been freaking amazing.
Speaker 4: It has, and it's flying by it. It really has. Actually, Yeah, I mean we've gone through most of our episodes. After you listen to this one, there's only two more.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 4: However, we got a bunch of cool stuff still coming down the pipe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like like we're doing a live. We're gonna do a live today Saturday, October twenty ninth.
Speaker 4: Yep, what time? Good question. I don't know what time do you want to do it?
Speaker 3: Let's decide right now six pm PST PSD.
Speaker 4: So that's gonna be like nine pm.
Speaker 3: Foo is that tast four pm PST.
Speaker 4: Four pm should be should be good? Because we're over on the West Coast, we're always way behind most people. So let's go four.
Speaker 3: Pm, four pm PST.
Speaker 4: Pacific Standard time. So we're gonna go live over on Instagram and we're going to be carving some pumpkins. And then after that we're going to be posting on Instagram again and Facebook some sort of pumpkin carving contest and with information, hey can submit your pumpkin and you can win a cool prize.
Speaker 3: Very cool. I wanted to touch really quickly on the mugs. So the mugs, they Etsy just put them back up kind of what we thought might happen, and they sold up. So if you didn't get one, I apologize. We apologize, but we are going to be putting in an order for another batch you will.
Speaker 4: And we're gonna tweak them slightly the time they'll be Stay Wicked mugs still, yeah, but they'll they'll be tweaked slightly, so it's slightly different exactly.
Speaker 3: And then we have a Badass of the Day.
Speaker 4: Okay, we do.
Speaker 3: We really do, like a Badass of the friggin.
Speaker 4: Week, pretty much like the Halloween Badass basis. Yeah. Tammy Johnson, she was alluding to this all week. She was we were kind of like, we didn't want to come out and say it, but we're pretty sure we knew what was happening, and we were right. Tammy went and got a tattoo from Wicked and Grim. She got mister Bones and says stay Wicked.
Speaker 3: Like, holy shit, dammy.
Speaker 4: That is fucking wicked.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're gonna post this actually on our Instagram or our socials too, because it's got to be seen. That's pretty awesome.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So that is commitment. That is absolutely wicked and one hundred percent deserves Badass of the Day right there. I'm curious away, oh through it blown away, officially the first person ever with a wicked and grim tattoo. We don't even have one, and I'm I'm a tattoo post shit.
Speaker 3: Yay, whoa tammy.
Speaker 4: I beat us, She beat us to it, right, It's crazy, that's so cool. I am curious though. This brings us onto the topics of tattoos. I'm curious if anyone else has thought about getting wicked and grim tat If you have, let us know. But I am curious, what's your next tattoo. I'm just throwing that out there because I want to know mine. Well, just anyone out there listening shot a message. I want to know what you guys will.
Speaker 3: I'm thinking I actually need to get a fucking wicked and grim tattoo now. So I'm going to figure that out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, we should do it.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna do it. I have an idea. Actually, we'll discuss this.
Speaker 4: Oh, we'll discuss Oh yeah, okay, to be determined.
Speaker 3: Okay, So today's episode, we are going around the world and we have picked some spooky, some haunted, some just outright fucked up bizarre places, and we're discussing them.
Speaker 4: Fucked up bizarre places, got it?
Speaker 3: So I kind of forgot to rearrange this. So that's okay. I'm starting with two United States and then to Canada, and then the rest are around the world. Well I'm west in Canada's around the world.
Speaker 4: That's also around the world.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, but I just couldn't narrow There was like a whole bunch. It was very hard to narrow them down. So this may be a tradition.
Speaker 4: Is that the right word, tradition? We might make it a tradition, yeah.
Speaker 3: Where we kind of go through this each Halloween week because it was really fun.
Speaker 4: So it might be end up that I'm the urban legend guy and you are the haunted place's guest.
Speaker 3: Possibly it's well or apparently we have to switch it up next year because you're not having any fun.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, you're doing this. I might have fun with this, so that that might make it fair.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, So anyway, first one, Lizzie Borden House.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, oh yeah, okay, yeah, yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: So the Lizzie Borden House is the location of the August fourth eighteen ninety two unsolved double murder of Lizzie's father and stepmother, Andrew and Abbey Borden. Okay, okay. The house is located on two hundred and thirty second Street in the city of Fall River, Massachusette.
Speaker 4: Sits Massachusetts.
Speaker 3: I know, I meant to say that with an accident. I just just butchered it anyway, Fall River. Okay. So the pair was found in the house and described as being hacked to death, with Andrew's daughter Lizzie considered a prime suspect, which is really fucked up. She was actually later acquitted and no one was ever charged in their deaths. Today, the house offers tours and operates as a bed and breakfast kind of like sometimes that's a little fucked up though.
Speaker 4: I was just googling it now because I'm like, I'm pretty sure it's a bed and.
Speaker 3: Bread yeah, like, and a few of these places are, and I'm like, like, I don't know, and like the main the most popular room I'm probably gonna we're talk about it in a secure is like the room.
Speaker 4: That where they got killed. Yeah, yeah, of course.
Speaker 3: Well okay, I am taught. Okay, let's just all the symparize. Okay, continue, So the female she was murdered in a room in a room like a bedroom.
Speaker 4: She was murdered in a.
Speaker 3: Room in a bedroom that you can sleep in. Okay, okay, so that's super popular. But then the dad was actually killed in a common area, So you can't really stay the night in there, but like you can hang out in that.
Speaker 4: Spot, gotcha.
Speaker 3: So I'm just like, I don't know, that's bizarre. That's bizarre to me, but I'd probably stay there.
Speaker 4: Sorry that like, so audio popped my head.
Speaker 3: On the website, it says, is the house really haunted? It's a question. The answer says yes. While some guests do not witness anything, many regularly claim to experience all manners strange things throughout the house. This includes strange odors, voices, objects moving on their feet, feeling touched at night and footsteps, also to be seeing full body aperations, apparitions, apparitions. Of course, they do not guarantee that ghosts will have any haunting experience or that guest, sorry, will have any haunting experiences. That you can't guarantee that, but it has happened.
Speaker 4: Yeah, of course, So would you stay at the Lizzie Boordon House. We've talked about this case before. We've I know, we'll not in the podcast. Just yeah, like day to day.
Speaker 3: You know what, I'm not opposed to sleeping somewhere that has ghosts, because I've actually done that before in Barkerville. But I am a little bit opposed of sleeping somewhere where someone's been like murdered.
Speaker 4: Okay, I don't know. There's a little bit of respect thing there. I totally get that.
Speaker 3: I don't even know if it's that necessary. That's just like creepy as fuck and like almost unnecessary. I guess. I don't know, not that I'm judging anyone that does, but I'm just like, I don't know, it's different than just being haunted versus like someone literally like was murdered here.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Well, there's there's a certain status symbol almost of the Lizzi boardon House because it's such a prolific case. It's one of those ones where I kind of want to go there and stay there. You would, eh, I would?
Speaker 3: I was gonna ask you.
Speaker 4: Also, it's like, I don't know, it's like the Watcher House or the Amityville Horror House. It's like they're just there's something about these places because the case is so well known. Yeah, so it's like almost a stardom status to it.
Speaker 3: I would be fine staying there, but I don't know if I necessarily want to stay in the room that the stepmom.
Speaker 4: Was murdered in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I would probably still stay there.
Speaker 4: I think my preference preference would be to not stay in a room that has had them murdered in. Yeah, but I probably wouldn't be opposed to it. I would also need to make sure that I pack a bunch of plastic wrap to wrap the bed with, because I would piss myself at that.
Speaker 3: I thought you're gonna say diapers or something.
Speaker 4: The same thing.
Speaker 3: Well, especially because one of the things here wasn't it Where did I say this?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: And or it was feeling touched at night, like no, no, thank you.
Speaker 4: No, thank you? Hey, like I'm out. I mean, some people pay good money for that shit.
Speaker 3: I can't remember if it was one I actually picked, but another one was like the person like tucks you in.
Speaker 4: And I'm just like, oh, really.
Speaker 3: I'm out, Like I'm sorry, but like I'd rather just sleep on the streets.
Speaker 4: Wait, hold on, when you say someone tucks you in. Are you saying the ghosts Okay, the ghost tucks you in.
Speaker 3: I'd rather just go sleep outside. But maybe the ghost is out there too. Anyway, that is the first one that started us off.
Speaker 4: Here, Okay, gotcha in Massachusetts.
Speaker 3: Yes, so now we're going to Stanley Hotel. So the Stanley Hotel is located in Colorado, a States Park. I believe it is. And it's stunning. It's like, it's absolute stunning. It has breathtaking views of the Rockies, but as a reputation for true ghost stories and was the inspiration behind Stephen King's classic horn novel The Shining.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I actually need to, like, actually don't even if I've read a Stephen King Noble do you haven't, I just don't read much as the problem, I'm like a ton of time, but I want to. I want to read this one.
Speaker 4: Actually, we've actually had we've had some Stephen King films that made not far from us. Yeah, actually have But DreamCatcher that Stephen King wasn't it?
Speaker 3: Isn't that in Prince George?
Speaker 4: Yeah that was filmed here. Yeah, I'm pretty sure that was. I'm pretty sure Stephen King. Okay, anyways, but there there are some filmed around here, and actually we had this location, this house requested as a case not too long ago.
Speaker 3: Even oh this Stanley Hotel here. Yeah, oh okay, Well this is just a tiny little little tidbit on it. So in nineteen eleven, a housekeeper lit a candle in a room that had a gas leak, which caused an explosion, explosion that destroyed a tenth of the hotel. That's freaking terrifying.
Speaker 4: The tenth is a significant amount, but I mean as far as explosions go, yeah, much worse. She lived, though, oh snap.
Speaker 3: But guests claim her spirit has oh this is where we are, has unmade their beds or done the sheets around them while they were sleeping. So that's like some creepy shits. But she lived, she lived, but then she's later just has I mean that happens sometimes. Yeah, you're like the Lady in the Red, like she didn't die there.
Speaker 4: Well, there's no proof that she does, right, there's no historical proof of the Lady in Red at all.
Speaker 3: I think sometimes our spirits and stuff couldn't go to places we'd like too, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly, So you're attached to that certain place, whatever energy reasons or who knows what. So after death you go back. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So when I stay in a hotel room, I have to like untuck the sheets because it just drives me fucking bonkers, Like the sheet cannot be tucked in.
Speaker 4: At the foot of the bed. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So if I woke up and it was tucked in, chit, that's scary.
Speaker 4: So others here, Julie noted, next time we go to a hotel, I'm tucking you in in the middle of the night.
Speaker 3: I got you better not. And I'm want to have to check the fucking a mirror like I'm screwed. Okay, So others hear piano music without a player, or children's footsteps on the floor that was once used for childcare. In twenty seventeen, a man on a ghost tour supposedly captured two little girls on film, despite there being no young girls on the.
Speaker 4: Tour, and so were they holding hands saying come play with us The Shining not that I know of.
Speaker 3: No, Okay, So again, this place offers tours as well as the opportunity to do overnight stays. So in regards to the inspiration behind Stephen King's The Shining in nineteen seventy four, Stephen King and his wife spent a night at the Stanley Hotel. After checking in and after his wife went to bed, Stephen went about roaming the halls and went down to the hotel bar to enjoy a drink. When he returned to his room, his imagination was fired up by the hotel's remote location, it's Grand Sai, and the eerie vibes that it gave off. So when Stephen went to the bathroom and pulled back the curtain for the chub, he thought, what if somebody died here? And at that moment he knew he had a book. But the time he left the hotel he had the bones of The Shining set in his mind.
Speaker 4: Wow. Yeah, cool, The Shining is a classic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's kind of interesting that like creative people and writers and stuff can go somewhere and be like that inspired.
Speaker 4: No kidding, right, yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're going to Canada, Canada, a Canada, Canada.
Speaker 4: We're a boot to go up Northy.
Speaker 3: So this one is that I hope I'm pronouncing this right, the Tranquil Sanatorium, I think.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think that's yeah.
Speaker 3: So this is actually in KAMLOPSBC, which is six hours away. From us.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that is close.
Speaker 3: So this place was originally built in nineteen oh seven to treat tuberculosis, and later it served as a mental institution. In nineteen eighty three, it closed, however, functioned as a youth detention center until the nineteen nineties. Now, the Ruins report high paranormal activity, ranging from orbs to eerie disembodied moans, which is really fucking creepy.
Speaker 4: It's probably just people in odd pockets.
Speaker 3: Doing things, right. It could be an aumal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it could be a raccoon or something out there just chawing on some stuff.
Speaker 3: So this place, though, is straight out of a nightmare. And it's kind of sad because we actually had the opportunity to hit this place up but missed it. Like I remember, we have friends that live in Camelons and we chatted to them at some point about potentially going there because it doesn't look so it was okay. Tranquil Farm fresh manages the site now and it doesn't look like they have opened up post pandemic, but pre pandemic you could tour the location and they even offer an escape room experience.
Speaker 4: That's right, I was trying to think because I remember it wasn't like a haunted house or something escape room that was it.
Speaker 3: So I think that we suck because that would have been amazing. But I also think I was terrified too, so I probably.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I think we'd be able to manage to go there one day though too, that they'd be opening.
Speaker 3: Up again, okay hopefully, but right as of right now, it says like permanently closed.
Speaker 4: Well maybe we can be like, yo, we're wicked and Graham let us in.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I was even wondering if you can just drive by, like I don't know, I should actually ask for friends there, so but that's crazy. I'm kind of sad about that.
Speaker 4: I want to go to that place one day because I have I've heard a lot about it. Anytime I research like Canada haunted places, it's always on the list. So we should make the effort to try and go there.
Speaker 3: Well, I think let's even try to just like drive by this summer or next summer, I.
Speaker 4: Guess, yeah, drive by ghost hunt. Yeah, just take like as many pictures as we can and see how many just disembodied figures.
Speaker 3: Are in the windows even in drive It might be enough for me. I don't necessarily need to go in.
Speaker 4: I want to go in. I want to go in so bad that way. Well, that's why I want to go in. And there's ghosts in there, and as soon as I go in that way, I can come running out screaming like Scooby Doo style.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I was literally going to just say, you talk tough, dude, but if you saw a ghost, you would be gone, like you would push me the fuck out of the way and be gone.
Speaker 4: Oh no, I do not talk tough. I am curious. I want to go in. As soon as I'm confronted. Fuck that, I'm out, simple as that. Okay, Okay, my curiosity will get the better of me and then my nerves will take over and I will scream and run. It's not a very complicated situation, okay. Contradictory, yes, but not complicated.
Speaker 3: Okay. So the next one I had to include. As you know, Canadians are all about their hockey.
Speaker 4: Oh fuck yeah, Bud.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And apparently the Hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto is haunted. No shit, did you know this? No, I know, I did not know this. So prior to being the Hockey Hall of Fame, the building was a Bank of Montreal branch for many years, like we're talking one hundred years.
Speaker 4: Oh snap, that's a long time.
Speaker 3: And legend has it that a nineteen year old or So bank teller named Dorothy shot herself early in the morning of Wednesday, March eleventh, nineteen fifty three, in the bank.
Speaker 4: Oh so.
Speaker 3: She was transferred to the hospital but died some hours later. Many rumors have surfaced as to why, but the most common ones seems to be that she was having an affair with either another teller or the branch manager and that man was married.
Speaker 4: Okay, so little love triangle gone sour? I see all right.
Speaker 3: So Dorothy's ghost is now believed to occupy the building, with stranger currenches thought to be connected to her, such as a woman heard crying throughout the building, along with other eerie sounds such as moans and screams, lights flicking on and off, doors and windows opening and closing. Some have reported hearing footsteps when working alone at night, and a few have felt a phantom hand on their shoulder or leg. So despite the many reports, only one boy, though, is believed to have actually seen Dorothy's spirit.
Speaker 4: Oh he was.
Speaker 3: Visiting the Hall of Fame when he started screaming don't you see her? Don't you see her? And claimed a woman with long black hair was going in and out of the walls.
Speaker 4: Really yeap, holy fuck, that is terrifying, and no one else could see her.
Speaker 3: No, whoa, Yeah like that boy has to be haunted for life.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, he's he's scarred. Let's put it that way. He's gonna be going through a shit ton of therapy.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Wow, Okay, we're moving on again. Us. We're just going around and around here.
Speaker 4: Hey, it's it's like a little little trip. Yeah, it's kind of fun, all just sitting here in our little tiny home.
Speaker 3: Actually, I do have like a travel bug. I would love to be traveling right now. So we're moving on to Slovakia. Now, this one came up on many of the lists I research, and it didn't necessarily say how the castle was haunted, but with what went on within the castle, you can only just assume.
Speaker 4: Okay, fair enough, let's let's dish.
Speaker 3: And you're gonna be familiar with this one. Oh so this is the Castles Castle. I hope I'm saying that correctly. Okay, So the castle was used in the classic horror film No Nose frautu nos fratu. Yeah, and beyond the the big screen, the castle walls were once home to Countess Elizabeth Bathory. Shit yeah Bathory. There you go.
Speaker 4: Okay, I know who they all? Right? Gotcha?
Speaker 3: So so who? And she is perhaps the world's most prolific female serial killer.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 3: So in a fun fact, Ben covered the story of her. I think it was last Halloween Week, was it not.
Speaker 4: I think so, because she's the one who's like related in potentially who potentially inspired Bloody Mary, that urban legend I believe.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, the one that like they she will I'm going to talk about it here about bass and their blood of Yeah, yeah, okay, so because yeah, when I was looking at this, I was like, oh, we should do a podcast on her. And then I started like just researching a bit more and I was like, oh shit, Ben already did so. Elizabeth she's also known as the Blood Countess of Castas. I'm saying that funny. Sorry. She was accused of torturing and killing hundreds of girls and women between nineteen or fifteen ninety and sixteen ten, the reason being to bathe in their blood in order to stay young.
Speaker 4: Fountain of Bloody youth.
Speaker 3: That is just nasty, wasn't it.
Speaker 4: I could be incorrect to this. Wasn't she bathing in the blood of virgins?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I mean, I don't know if they were all virgins from what I read. I just I once I found out that you did this, I was like, I'm gon put it in there. But the accusations against her were supported by testimony from more than three hundred individuals, some of who described physical evidence and the presence of mutilated, dead, dying, and imprisoned girls found at the time of Elizabeth rest. So I do think probably I think the ones she was actually bathing in were virgins or something because it was gonna make her more young.
Speaker 4: That I don't know that was her target. I don't know if it was all virgins she was getting, but that's what she was trying for, I know, yeah for sure. But yeah, she was brutal, Yeah, like holy fucking.
Speaker 3: Up, and yeah, a lot of people were murdered.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, and there I do remember that there was no uh, there's no concrete evidence on who or where the story of Bloody Mary came from, but there is suspicion that it originated from Elizabeth's story. So she may actually be potentially Bloody Mare, the original Bloody Mary.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is creepy. That one creeps me the fuck ouh. So we're moving on again. So yeah, we're moving on to the Catacombs of Paris. Ooh yeah. So this is a massive underground tomb in Pairs, France. In the late seventeen hundreds, major public health problems tied to the city's cemeteries led to a decision to transfer all human remains to an underground site right right, which gave birth to the Catacombs. Now, when I say massive, I'm talking about the remains of more than six million people.
Speaker 4: Fuck, that is so many whole that shit crazy. I didn't realize it was that many people.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: So the Catacombs are a giant maize and network of tunnels and chambers that dive deep beneath the city and surrounding areas. They branch out and reach out for over two hundred miles, with a small portion so less than about two miles are actually open to the public.
Speaker 4: Fuck.
Speaker 3: Okay, though there are reportedly secret entrances around Paris, and though illegal people explore the restricted areas of the tunnels often, which isn't surprising at all.
Speaker 4: Actually, yeah, no kidding, I have seen because I believe there is some footage out there on YouTube of like people actually going into the catacombs and stuff and like exploring. Yeah, there's I'll touch on it at the end. I'll let you go ahead, cause there's there's a story that I know from it that's that's kind of okay, creepy.
Speaker 3: Well, I was going to ask you I would go and I would go through these one hundred percent. Really yeah, I would actually love to go and see this.
Speaker 4: Because I don't know if I don't think they're mapped out, I think I mean, I think people go through and explore them, have like made their own maps, and it's like hard to get a hold of these. You need to know the right people to get a hold of them, because they're illegally exploring this.
Speaker 3: Stuff, right, Okay, Well, no, I just go through the part that you can, because the thought of freaking getting lost in there would be terrifying.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, one hundred percent. I would definitely easily go through the little portion that you said that it's open to the public, Yeah for sure. Yeah, but that's the thing, like people actually get lost in the stuff. Oh, there's one thing where like a video camera or something was found.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I'm going to talk about that.
Speaker 4: Oh there we go.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, I'll get there in just one sex. So inside the tunnels, our stone passions, ways that twist and turn, there are also areas with incredible displays formed from human remains, like it looks amazing, really displays such as entire walls made from skulls and bone from floor to ceiling and like in patterns kind of thing. Oh ye, Like it's wild being that so many remains are in one place. Of course, rumors of ghosts, hauntings, and urban legends come from the catacombs. So in the nineteen nineties the story actually surfaced and it was from Cataphills, people who explore the catacombs. So they were doing what they do, exploring, and they found a video camera laying on the ground of a hallway. They watched the video and on it found a man running through the catacombs that appeared to be in distress and he was clearly lost and alone. He eventually dropped the camera, leaving it where the people found it, but the man in the video was never found.
Speaker 4: Yep, that's the same case. I was talking about. Yeah, it's I've seen that footage. You can find that shit on YouTube. It's so chilling.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's creepy.
Speaker 4: I mean there's a potential that he managed to find his way up. There's also a potential that his remains are just down there in these catacombs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I feel like someone would have found them right at some point.
Speaker 4: Who knows, because these networks like they're like they're.
Speaker 3: Not massot and it it goes. It's a very long, like large surface area.
Speaker 4: So creepy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's terrifying to me. Also, like, maybe don't go down there alone.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think in groups is probably your best bet.
Speaker 3: Even like just the two of us going it is scary, Like I feel like we want more than that.
Speaker 4: Just the two kinda get lost if we try to explore the catecom homes. You're ready to move on, I'm ready to move on. Sorry, I'm pretty sure everyone's ready for me to move on to.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're going to Egypt.
Speaker 4: Okay, but you just started staring at me all right.
Speaker 3: I was just like, we're going to Egypt, Okay, let's go to Egypt. So a place of treasure tombs and curses. The Valley of the Kings was you sometime around fifteen hundred BC, and it was a replacement for when the Egyptians no longer put their pharaohs in a pyramid as a final resting place.
Speaker 4: Gotcha, okay, okay.
Speaker 3: So, in total, the Valley of the Kings is home to sixty five tombs, most of which have fallen to tomb raiders over the centuries, which is pretty shitty.
Speaker 4: And not to be confused with lower croft. We're talking like grave robbers here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, gosh, thanks for the clarification, just saying. One, however, was untouched, and that's King Tutonkaumon. So his tomb was discovered in nineteen twenty two by Sir Howard Carr. The tone was rumored to be cursed, and said curse had many names, names such as the King's Curse, Curse of the Pharaoh, Mummy's Curse, and the list goes on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, fair enough.
Speaker 3: So the rumor of a curse initially started when Sir Howard Carter entered the burial chamber of King Touton Common on February seventeenth, nineteen twenty three. What's the shortened version of that?
Speaker 4: I was just about to say, you're saying you're having fun saying toot and colin art.
Speaker 3: I think I am. But is it king tut?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: That okay?
Speaker 4: Or I mean, if you want, you say king tout.
Speaker 3: King toot.
Speaker 4: I kind of like king toot.
Speaker 3: So when strange occurrences began and strange deaths would befall many of the people involved with Sir Howard Carter. For example, only a couple of weeks after entering the tomb, one of Howard's financial backers was bitten by mosquito, right, terrifying, pretty common, Like god, how many mosquitoes do we get bitten by? So this bite, though, became infected and he died on April fifth, Right, I.
Speaker 4: Forgot about that. I did hear about that before. Could you imagine dying from a mosquito bite?
Speaker 3: I know, that's I feel like that's the least epic way to die, that is, Yeah, I mean, that's a story and a half. That's so shitty though, Like up here, if that was a thing that could happen, like how many people die in it?
Speaker 4: Oh, Canada would be wiped out each yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So the curse isn't the only paranormal activity that has been reported in the Valley of the Kings, though, according to multiple witnesses, a chariot with jet black horses will ride across the desert sand at midnight. Oh shit, which is fucking terrifying.
Speaker 4: That sounds really cool. I want to like sit back with lawn chair.
Speaker 3: Oh you want to watch this? Fuck?
Speaker 4: Yah? Okay, as long as it doesn't start riding towards me, I'm cool.
Speaker 3: Okay. It is said to be driven by a short who appears to be an Egyptian pharaoh. Nothing has, of course, been proven, but many swear by the tail and the identity of this mysterious chariot and its drivers are unknown.
Speaker 4: Crazy, that's not that. So you're telling me you wouldn't go sit on a desert dune eating some popcorn at midnight looking off down some valley of the Kings with like dead pharaoh's resting place to see if there's a ghost chariot that rides among the valley. No, that doesn't sound interesting to you.
Speaker 3: I mean it sounds interesting, but I also feel like I just rather not. I think that's terrifying.
Speaker 4: Yeah. See, for me, I'm far enough away where it's like, look at that way over there.
Speaker 3: And if it starts coming, then you just see Ben running.
Speaker 4: Across the Yeah. I will be running faster than that chariot. I can guarantee you.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh. Okay, okay. So we're moving to Serbia next, and I do apologize in events for my name pronunciation. These names you can look up how to pronounce them.
Speaker 4: So no Google translator or anything bing in it here.
Speaker 3: Okay. So the remote village of kissel Jevel to be exact, and this is home to less than eight hundred people. Oh small, It's like a small village, right. So in seventeen twenty five, a Serbian president or peasant sorry president, what is that?
Speaker 4: I don't know what is a president.
Speaker 3: It's like a peasant president. It's very odd.
Speaker 4: Okay, I am the president of this Serbian country here, okay.
Speaker 3: So it was a Serbian peasant named Peter would pass away, and following his death, over the next eight days, nine deaths would occur. Oh snap, with the nine dying saying on their deathbed that they had been throttled by Peter's corpse.
Speaker 4: Throttled by his corpse, yes, like he just a zombie. Beat the shit out of him.
Speaker 3: I have no idea. All right, Oh, I don't even know what that means.
Speaker 4: He's like you only five bucks, bitch.
Speaker 3: So priests and officials flocked to this village to investigate, right mm hm, and roughly forty days after his death, they exhumed his grave okay, and much to their dismay, found that his beard and nails still seemed to be growing.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, I have heard of this.
Speaker 3: And there were signs of new skin growth. So they took a steak and like plunged it into his body, and it was reported that fresh blood splurted from is that a word splurted from his ears and mouth, a horrible scream arose, and his skin turned black.
Speaker 4: What the fuck?
Speaker 3: After that, the murders stopped, and some call him the first vampire.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like that, I feel like, please, dear God, just let's just say that's that is creepy, Like shit didn't happen, because that's terrifying.
Speaker 4: That is terrifying. Yeah, wow, okay.
Speaker 3: Okay, So we're gonna move on.
Speaker 4: I really hope I don't dream about that one tonight.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 3: I know, that would be the worst thing.
Speaker 4: The other ones I could handle.
Speaker 3: That one's the fact that you literally exhume someone's body that many days after they pass and like you see that. But then the thing is, I'd be like, oh my god, like are they still alive? But then then you stab them basically, and then they're a freaking vampire. Like shit. I don't know. It's scary.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's it's it's it's scary. I don't I don't have any other words for it. That is, if true, fucked.
Speaker 3: Up, terrifying. Okay. So now we're gonna go to Australia. So and this this is the final place we're heading. And this is the Monte Cristo Homestead. You heard of that.
Speaker 4: I've heard of Monte Cristo, but I mean, I mean there's a Monte Cristo sandwich, So that could be where it's from. I have no clue.
Speaker 3: I don't know if that's the sandwich is from, babe. Okay. So this is said to be Australia's most haunted house.
Speaker 4: Oh okay. Interesting.
Speaker 3: So it's built on a hillside in New South Wales and in eighteen eighty four by farmer Christopher Crawley. So Christopher died on December fourth, nineteen twenty and after his death it was said his wife Elizabeth had like much trouble coping.
Speaker 4: Christopher Crawley. That sounds familiar.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that name does, eh, but maybe just from this maybe, so his wife Elizabeth, she locked herself inside the house, spending most of her time up in the attic, where she had built a small chapel. She remained in the home twenty three years, only leaving the house twice before she herself passed away.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like that's kind of sad. It's kind of sad that its death just distraught her that much, you know, no kidding. So, after some time in much vandalism, the homestead was eventually purchased and restored to its original state. They turned it into a museum for tours, including a doll museum, and they.
Speaker 4: Sold antiques a doll museum. Yeah, okay, so dolls haunted place. This is going to end? Well, I don't.
Speaker 3: Know, I didn't have I don't have anything else to say about the dolls, but I just thought that was interesting. Okay, But dolls are creepy as shit.
Speaker 4: So dolls are fucking creepy.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So once they kind of moved in and settled in, it was immediately noticed the strange occurrences happening in the house. For one, their animals did not want to go into the house really, and that's I mean kids, animals. I think they're more susceptible, right, we know, they're more susceptible to like hauntings and air Normally they see.
Speaker 4: Women with black hair walking through Hockey Hall of Fame walls like poor child.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness. Okay, So lights appeared to be on in the evening as you would approach the house. So say you're driving up to this house, right, yes, it's someone's up, like the lights you're on. But when you open the front door, all the lights are actually off. What which is fucked? The homestead is actually haunted by at least ten ghosts. Ten yeah, so including I'm not going to cover all of them, but including Christopher Crawley and his wife Elizabeth. So Christopher's ghost haunts the room in which he died, but his spirit is reported as kind as ever, which is kind of nice, okay. Elizabeth, on the other other hand, she still rules the house and judges anyone who dares to enter her house. If she doesn't like you, she'll try to scare you out with ice cold air falling on your skin, so like you get like this feeling just chill, like like a shiver of.
Speaker 4: Why don't I just put on a hoodie?
Speaker 3: Is that what you would do?
Speaker 4: That's probably what I did, but like there's a draft and then I put on a hoodie. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So anyway, that's all I want to say about that spooky place. But I would I would probably actually visit that one. It looks pretty cool.
Speaker 4: That one sounds pretty cool.
Speaker 3: Actually, yeah, I would love to go to Australia to be honest.
Speaker 4: To be fair, though, I don't think she sounds like a biach. I think she's just like, yo, get out of my house. Yeah, I like, I haven't left the house for how many decades? I just like chilling in my own space and you're in my zone off. And then she doesn't even like deter you in any mean way. She's like, here, I'm gonna make you a little bit cold, so you'll leave, and you'll leave and grab your speat uncomfortable. Yeah, you'll You'll make you slightly uncomfortable, so you'll maybe leave me alone.
Speaker 3: I know, like not like going through this now. Not all ghosts are bad, Like I do think that there's kind spirits and so of spirits out there that even just like looking out for you, right, Yeah, but yeah, there definitely are some scary ones too, which is a little bit alarming and terrifying.
Speaker 4: But yeah, there's some weird shit out there, whether the spirits or not. Like even like a curse on its own might not be a spirit, but it could be like like the curse of Toot in common. Who knows what that specifically is. Maybe a fucking spell laid on his tomb, But yeah, that in itself is just eerie and just as key.
Speaker 3: He starts walking down the stairs our.
Speaker 4: Black Cat, Black Shadow.
Speaker 3: So anyway, that was our trip around the world.
Speaker 4: Wow, that was cool, thank you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's kind of interesting. There are a ton more that I wanted to cover, but I was like, we're gonna we're gonna keep it down and then you know what, maybe we'll we'll cover those ones next year.
Speaker 4: So well, there's there's a lot of creepy, scary, paranormal, strange, weird, abnormal places all around the world, So I don't think you'd ever run out of topics.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, there's so many that literally I want to be like an Elizabeth that just stays in my house.
Speaker 4: There you go. Yeah, well, well well done. Yeah yeah, regular spiel at the end of the show. There we have links in our description.
Speaker 3: There you go, and remember that we're going to be going live tomorrow at four or sorry today, so October twenty ninth at four pm.
Speaker 4: PST on Instagram.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so yeah, if you want to carve some pumpkins.
Speaker 4: With us, Yeah, in lieu of doing the spiel for our socials and all that sort of stuff, I actually want to ask you guys a little bit of a favor, if that's okay. If you haven't and you want to share your support for the show and you're like, hey, I don't want to stund up for Patreon, I don't want to follow you on socials, I don't want to do any of that stuff. Instead, can we ask if you go ahead and give us a rating on Spotify, Apple Podcast. It makes a major difference in.
Speaker 3: Actually does big time.
Speaker 4: So we would appreciate if you go ahead and give us a five star rating, just saying yeah, but rates appropriately as you see fit. But a rating would be absolutely amazing.
Speaker 3: So yeah, we love we love getting ratings and honestly just makes our day. So we would be super appreciative of that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so thank you very much, and thank you Nicole for doing an awesome episode that was well done.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you know what do we just have two more to go?
Speaker 4: Just two more?
Speaker 3: Wow? This Halloween week has been a friggin blast.
Speaker 4: I can't wait for next one already. Honestly, Halloween weeks isn't even over.
Speaker 3: I know. Yeah, it's so fun. Anyway, thank you so much for tuning in and listening. And until tomorrow.
Speaker 4: I'm going to try and and and end this the way you do. Okay, you ready for this? Ready for Oh?
Speaker 3: I know someone actually commented I was like, I actually do do do do it the same?
Speaker 4: Okay, here we go. Ok Kate, ready leave me up.
Speaker 3: Again until or I was gonna say next week until.
Speaker 4: Tomorrow, stay wicked.
Speaker 3: That's pretty good.
Speaker 4: Oh, thank you