Speaker 1: Us when we're younger. We all just the guy plays for your team needs to be sweet. You know, we had that conversation with Friday awesome day. Dude, I thought he was Kevin Durant two point zero.
Speaker 2: Yeah, been there before for the show.
Speaker 1: Sorry, we talking about Gordon Gordon's affinity for Andre Drummond. What turns out just likes Harry Shoulders. Yeah, shout out, We figured it out. What up though, Welcome to whatever weights live with sports dot Com. He's much to be more reaction on Chris.
Speaker 2: Nicholas, What are you doing back in the building.
Speaker 3: Let's go.
Speaker 4: It was a long time away, but honestly, fellas I came back, we did it. We got an m v P, we got a future, we got a Hall of Famer.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Ship was uh that's well, yeah, yeah it was it was. Yeah, we got Will Ferrell. We'll bring you the interview later. Yeah, that guy was awesome and hopefully we can play it later if we have some time. Obviously packed show. I'm so happy to be back, and I'm happy the baseball team that I am fortunate enough to cover isn't completely dead. This team was extremely hot six straight nine of ten got to talk to a lot of people, Jake Rogers, Bryce Harper, Chad Smith, Johnny Caine.
Speaker 3: Uh, it was.
Speaker 4: It was the first round pick of the Detroit Tigers. Make sure to subscribe to Woodward Baseball.
Speaker 2: So it was.
Speaker 4: It was a really productive, good time off. I'm happy to be back in the studio with the boys. I had a nightmare that I blew up in the press box about the team, like going off, like cussing them out, like cussing them out.
Speaker 3: About the team.
Speaker 4: That's how you knew I was in a little too deep being there like every single day, early every like spending too much time there. I literally had a nightmare where I blew up, got kicked out of the press box, had to wake up and go in the next morning.
Speaker 1: Have you had a cheer moment during the streak streak in the press box?
Speaker 3: A couple like little like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, pumps, pumps, Okay, a couple of pumps, No, no bumps, but a couple of pumps pumping it in the box, you know, letting it go.
Speaker 2: You finally escaped Frado and in the good Yeah, that was one of the allegations while you're gone, that you were kidnapped.
Speaker 3: T ain't got the speed.
Speaker 1: Might might not be able to any piece of news that happened in your absence that you wish you were here for to voice your opinion.
Speaker 4: Honestly, it's been such a whirlwind trying to honestly do the interviews, get them out. I really I've been I've been out of touch for the most part. If you have a question, I'll give you my response. But right now it's been baseball, baseball, baseball, trying to get the network and Woodward Baseball, you know, truly to stand out compared to every other network and obviously place to go for baseball content, and I feel like I'm doing a good job of doing that for Woodards.
Speaker 2: What were your thoughts about Paul Millsap coming out as openly transsexual.
Speaker 1: There's no way, all right, be a scary one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, no, I know you guys are crushing it.
Speaker 3: Shout out to the chat. I'm happy to be back.
Speaker 2: Sorry for the straight Paul, he was just the first name I thought of. That was a great, very obscure time.
Speaker 1: Paul sweet Yeah, how do you feel about swiping cards and stacking chips? Saw you sinking chips? Left me standing in the rain? Now I bought a heavy change.
Speaker 3: It's this song shout out easy.
Speaker 2: I never heard that song before. KTOK talks he's not half to half yeah it shipping out Yeah, I got. I was sitting down the third baseline on Sunday, shout out, great beautiful day, awful game for the Tigers, but I had fun, got some dipping dots, had a see my first ballpark Glizzie of the Year, so that was much needed.
Speaker 3: I'll dress it, uh.
Speaker 2: Just mustard only. I'm a mustard only guy. I'm with you on the hot dogs. Maybe some chopped onions. You know. I'm not no ketchup. Never when I was twelve. I'll throw the fresh mustard go together if there, if there's chopped onions, if there's jalapenos, stuff like that, I'll put that on there. But no, if it's coming out of bottle, mustard only.
Speaker 4: I've been rocking the mustard onion Relish Elite, Holy.
Speaker 2: Trinity, Trinity.
Speaker 3: That's been that's been good.
Speaker 2: I'm not wrong with that at all. I stood in line for like ten minutes for the dipping dots, pretty long line, and she's she like started yelling that she only had certain ones. I was about the fire on her, but there was there was chocolate chip cookie headline.
Speaker 1: Woodward Sports hosts tax vendor just but because I was I had a craving or shout your half read.
Speaker 2: I had a craving for uh cookies and cream Dippin' dots, you know, that's the best one they were out. So I got the cookie dough, which was do.
Speaker 1: They have actual ice cream? They gotta have actual ice cream?
Speaker 2: There too, the line for the actual ice cream in the little food court area.
Speaker 1: Well then I understand that that's what discouraged the Priority Kid's Day too.
Speaker 2: First of all, the little girl who sang the national anthem insane, Like I have never heard a more powerful voice inside a smaller person in my life. She was belting it sounded like a full grown woman. It was crazy. That's that's dope. What was her name? Nick? You remember?
Speaker 6: I remember?
Speaker 4: I do not know, but I stand by wat Spencer said that actual was incredible and I would sign her to a deal today if I was on America's Got to.
Speaker 2: You Want Something funny?
Speaker 1: Uh In COVID, I had opened up an LLC and I didn't know like what I was gonna do. I wasn't gonna go back to like regular work. I wanted to like do something like I enjoyed my original idea. I wasn't like because I used to music, so like I had my phone number on on Google, you look at my business whatever, and people call me and people i'd.
Speaker 2: Make them sing and share the phone. Do you have any of them? No? I wish I should. I feel like a ho because like there was one. I couldn't help but laugh at the end. And yeah, she probably cried last. Yeah, they called me. I was like, oh, yeah, what are you like? What do you know? What? Can you sing? A little? Something? You had? The og could have been records? I had those. You could have been records.
Speaker 6: True.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's actually an easy variant. He is.
Speaker 1: He is an easy variant. I met him in Cleveland. Shout out, shout out, Juski Connor McGregor. Fight happened. Maybe no, it didn't happen. I don't know what to what to call that. I don't know how to transition to that. That was just depressing, to be honest with you.
Speaker 2: It's, first of all, Connor, what are you doing? Your dumb old bitch like you're forty years old? Why are you trying to do a jumping roundhouse kid, like that's gonna land on Max Holloway Like, fuck you man, you just wasted so much time, so much money. I don't ever go in the octagon again like that. That is fucking stupid. Man, he is cooked. Like that is the definition of hang that ship up, bunk, like it is not your year out, You're gone.
Speaker 7: Do you guys get those I started to get them within the last like a month or so. It's like when you're thirty and you're trying to do this and you think you're twenty and it's like jump off of like.
Speaker 1: A yeah, yeah for sure, Yeah, there's yeh that that's exactly what happened. Well, it's so funny because, like Friday, I was talking with Riley and I remember I think Skywalker too. We're talking about how he used to do the karate shit. Yeah, like his last couple of fights, he was trying to boxing something. That's why didn't like pan out for him.
Speaker 2: He tried doing the karate shit and it just was maybe not that karate shit. Yeah, like the like what are you trying to land a tornado kick in the first twenty seconds? Well it was.
Speaker 1: It was weird because so by I have a theory that he was hurt prior to the even like entering the fight, And there's a video actually just came out in a tweet that came out to the over in a minute. But like the other part was when you kick, you're supposed to turn your foot to like fucking what I'm saying, like swing it through?
Speaker 2: He like did that in the air, Like you don't trying to do an I think I just I don't. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Kudos the Max not beating the fuck out of him. I mean he could have, but Max was like, this guy is fucking hurt. Rath like, what do you want to do? Embarrassing?
Speaker 3: Bro?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Max, Peris it is embarrassing, like you just got pitied. And then Max after the fights like run it back. Let's get this money in the crowd for the people who paid did not see the fucking fight. I mean, that was that was nuts. But I'm gonna send Chris a video here and slack.
Speaker 2: Max said he had him weak in the knees.
Speaker 1: Also during the walkout, I caught this. I don't know if you guys remember it. At night, I don't know. We're not allowed to play because the paramount paid for you. But yeah, when he was taking off the shorts, you see him like hopping on the right leg. Yeah, you know what I'm saying, Like he didn't want to be on the other one. And then there's this video abouna send Chris here of him walking into a pain management clinic.
Speaker 2: You would be the judge if he's limpy or not before or like before three days before, three days before the fight, three days prior.
Speaker 1: And then this tweet from a guy that I met, he used to work for ESBN covered like a lot of combat sports. He tweeted, I have to find this too, that that was the rumor that Connor was injured going in. Dana told him, just you can't fucking do it. It's the week of I mean, a lot of guys do fight hurt though, and it's not uncommon for what happened. It's different than like, I mean, maybe he tore the like maybe he was hurt and then he tore the a C on.
Speaker 2: The type of thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sounder on this, just do no sound to be safe because I didn't play with sound, so I don't even know if it plays half. It's too crazier in person. Yeah, so here's kind of walking into some type of pain man's clay. They say, is he limping there? You think he's walking normal, just a little bit slow.
Speaker 2: No, I think he's back.
Speaker 3: I saw your half facing all day. Let's run it back. Get a zoom in there.
Speaker 1: So I think he's walking like, uh, like you just worked out type face. You're like had a hard workout.
Speaker 4: You're just walking like seemed like a shorter step with that left it did his favorite.
Speaker 2: Oh I see him come out? Oh good, Yeah, him come out real quick. Yeah, it looked like he was struggling a little bit. Oh, he is walking weird there in there.
Speaker 1: I don't know, it's it's just it's sad, to be honest, it's just fucking sad. We robbed him a good I don't like. And I thought Max is gonna win for sure. I thought Max would take him deep waters, drown him out. We all had the same opinion. But I do feel like in the first two rounds there was a chance that Connor maybe could have got him, and I think we were just robbed of that.
Speaker 2: I was just like, I was excited to see him fight again. Yeah, and he's.
Speaker 1: A goat man, he's a goat, like it's just his run the ship that he did in the insane insane run and then you know.
Speaker 2: To be the entertainer that he is, like yeah, bringing all the hoopla to the UFC, and he did it again and then he.
Speaker 7: He got people to buy in again. I remember you guys were like, hey, he's you know, he's not. He's not fucking bitches anymore. Like he's yeah, you sell everybody.
Speaker 1: Was a picture of him in the corner after he's like, man, magic quit do him blowing fucking bitches.
Speaker 2: Just to get hurt in three seconds? Honestly, that's brutal.
Speaker 1: I mean made bread though, Yeah, Max made bread too, because you will see you get double your your earnings when you win the fight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so Max is fucking he's just paid his life. That's running back. Yeah yeah, he said running back. I'm sure yeah, ready for a round three.
Speaker 1: I don't know, man, just just uh unfortunate. I do want to say though, during his run, like we were blessed we got them. I feel blessed getting to witness him in his prime. That was fucking sick. It was like we've seen guys going runs with winning fights and like winning titles when he was knocking motherfuckers stage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I even Chad Mindez, I.
Speaker 1: Remember being in that moment, like, oh, his first wrestler, Like this is it like Connor, you know all the streaks up. Nope, Nope, Connor knocked him out too, and he almost he's losing that fight at certain points too. I just I feel blessed to have watched the streak, watch him become a double champ talk even the moment of mic I like, take this moment, apologize to absolutely no one, don't ship doesn't funk. You want like he's just a legend, man, it's whatever. He's over those he's cooked. It's a one to two year recovery. He's already thirty seven.
Speaker 2: Have fun fighting Jake Paul again, Bud, Yeah, I just right, No, No, I for the first time, buddy.
Speaker 1: I just I don't want me to do it. I don't want to see him go out like that.
Speaker 3: To be honest with you, I mean, he doesn't need to is the thing.
Speaker 2: Like for us, you didn't need to use either, But that ship's out there.
Speaker 3: I like the Roadhouse.
Speaker 4: This makes me, This makes me not like the Roadhouse as much because he completely played everybody in my eyes, I walked into a bar to see it because they wanted to watch it.
Speaker 6: Ga ba.
Speaker 3: It was a straight car ord.
Speaker 4: Shout up no, and it was over already. I was like, what the hell happened? I had to see the had to see the highlight. I'm like, what in the hell. And I just feel like he completely played everybody. This was obviously a money grab and it worked once again. Fighting, UFC, boxing, whatever it may be, This happens more than any other sport in my opinion, and it's a shame to the people obviously watching, paying money to see it, betting on it, Like that's what that's who it takes away from, and that sucks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And he's kind of like like I feel like this one would have appeased everyone, because like Connor is a piece of shit, Like there's no denying that. So to see him get his ass beat by Max Holloway, which he probably would have, that would have made a lot of people happy. And like for actual fight fans, to see Connor back in the ring, just you know, for the last time, probably would have made people happy. So it's kind of anti climactic both ways. It does suck that, like the last two memories of him and Octagon are being a crippled mess.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it does suck, but again we got he gave us so much, so it's like some give and take with it, I guess. But that the one guy you want to shout up before we move on from the UFC stuff is Patty to Baddie return from his loss to Justin Gaetgee and.
Speaker 2: Like, what was that minute? In a minute we three tapped out? Yeah, st deny, Yeah, that was breaking.
Speaker 1: He's fucking waking up and Patty's fucking oh yeah, he.
Speaker 2: Was out cold, yeah on the mat. Yeah, that was That was a pretty nasty shoke for sure. That was dirty, man.
Speaker 1: And I've seen I've seen those dars. I've seen obviously, dars, you've seen a ton of time. I've never seen one finish with their legs on the other guy's. She had to be the fucking that was tight, you can tell you. It looked like he went the tap.
Speaker 2: When he rolled them over, but it was they went out too late. Yeah, too little, too late, buddy.
Speaker 1: I can't imagine Bobby Knuckles too Yeah, Bobby Bobby Knuckles. He didn't get the w he that was getting kind of scary too. He's just forever good man. I feel he was in the pre limbs.
Speaker 2: That's crazy. Really, he's pretty old. He's still good though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. We got tons of stuff for you guys. We're over a little bit. We'll come back to it. Got tons of lions, We got some Detroy Lions, Madden rankings, Chanceloreer flamethrower again, Chaslin Deir fire flames spit out. I mean, I didn't see what's going on today.
Speaker 2: With six threes in the first half. He did the same thing yesterday. Yeah, did he not? It's it was jazz starting two. Yeah, we have you guys voting.
Speaker 1: When we talked about bau real quick, before you go to break, I want to say recipe Sam Neil from Jurassic Park. Yeah, all my nineties babies out there. You guys know, I didn't know his actual name. He's a Durrassic Park guy to me, but he passed away to day like seventy something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, legend for on Lindsay Graham's dad. All right, let's gonna break. Tell us about the Planet Fitness. Planet Fitness, the home of the judgment free Zone where everybody we mean everybody can get a full body working on thirty minutes and all memberships include fitness training and get all that for just fifteen dollars a month or upgrade to the Black Card. And he's some men who like hydro massage, total body enhancement. Access to over twenty seven hundred locations worldwide, joining Colbor Online and Planet Fitness dot Com. Planet Fitness weirr Fitness is essential.
Speaker 5: The hunting season is almost to here, Detroit, and you're lions are on the prow. Make sure you're locked into Woodward Sports. We're all the Dan Campbell reactions, Jared Goff touchdowns, i'mon row, first downs, pancakes, Kirmy picks, Jim's big plays, and of course Jack Fox's leg Yesday. Locked in on all your lines coverage right here on Detroit's number one sports network.
Speaker 2: Sorts.
Speaker 8: How do people feel about getting a Planet Fitness membership for fifteen dollars a month? How do they like working out in the clean and spacious gym that's filled with equipment.
Speaker 2: For every workout?
Speaker 8: And how about fre fitness training in the judgment free zone that leads them feeling energized all day long? Joint Planet Fitness Today with the free PF app online or in club and start getting that big fitness energy for fifteen dollars a month.
Speaker 5: We don't like to brag that we are the toughest sports network in Detroit, but we.
Speaker 6: Do have a guy named Darren McCarty on our shots. Woodward Sports.
Speaker 2: All Day I PA from Founders Brewing Company. It's Michigan staple. They've been in the game for over fifteen years. And you you yourself, if you're twenty one years of age or older, can go to an Art and Jake's on Monday, Wednesday and Sunday and get five dollars shorts of All Day IPA. So make sure you go check it out. It's Founders All Day IPA. Michigan companies supporting Michigan companies. What up? No welcome bikes? Whatever the wait? Slide sports dot com It's easy.
Speaker 1: Joined by spind Moore Rex you knowing Chris Nicholas colof smashed like Boltons.
Speaker 2: Be a friend, tell a friends she has this team. I put a poll in there.
Speaker 1: You guys want Chasle near Love or detripis summerly We got that for you too.
Speaker 2: We also got the Detroit Lions rankings.
Speaker 1: As of right now, it's looking like the Lion's rankings by a landslide, which I'm happy to get into because it has been some of them coming out piece by piece, and over the weekend we got the good stuff. We got a lot of great stuff. I kind of start with Mike Clay.
Speaker 2: You're gonna lose that arm. I'll fucking take it from you myself. Bike do. I have a whole lot empty teas on ESPN and I'm done with you. He's son of a.
Speaker 1: Bitch, fucking clown show man. Mike Lay's an ESPN analyst, NFL analysts. I should say, I think he does more fantasy football than actual football. Obviously, he's one of those advanced analytic nerds. As you can see, it was kind of going and he did his own offensive line rankings in the NFL last week where he plays penn a suol back to back first team All Pro tackle as the tenth best tackle in a National football league and the seventeenth best offensive lineman in a National football league. And then when he was called out on it questioned about it, he was attacking Lions fans, calling him casuals, don't watch film fanboys all.
Speaker 2: Like this disrespectful shit.
Speaker 5: But the.
Speaker 2: Okay, I just I just penna fucking souls.
Speaker 1: What we're talking about ridiculous by itself, it's all back by Vance analytics. His argument was a past block win rate. ESPN's made up stat, by the way, was right thirty six For NFL executives, scouts, and coaches to rank Pinna School.
Speaker 2: The number one offensive lineman in the league. I'm pretty sure those guys know ball.
Speaker 1: NFL coaches, scouts, executives, they watched film.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure they watched film.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, it's their their fucking job, and they ranked them the number one guy. Just after this douchebag Mike Clay, try to call you Detroit Lions fans or anybody that just knows football, try to call him out for ranking Pinney School the seventeenth best offensive lineman.
Speaker 2: In the league. Yeah, let alone.
Speaker 1: The tenth best offensive tackling the league. That was just that was That's gorgeous that the very next day it happened.
Speaker 2: By the way, too, there is a reason why PFF went under. Yeah, there is a reason why PFF had to fire all their talented employees and just went it into the nonsense because it's for Gezy, it's Forigazi, it's Pixie does. It doesn't exist like that shit isn't real. Go watch football, Go talk to people who watch football. Go talk to people who play football, or coach football or scout football, and they will tell you undeniably, Penna Sool is at the very least a top three offensive lineman in the NFL. So for this fucking slut Mike Clay to have him at seventeen, Like, I understand, the Lions had a down year last year. So if you just go out and say you forgot Penna Sool or you didn't watch any Lions football, that's one thing. But to double down and attack Lions fans for rightfully so propping up probably the best young player in the National Football League, this guy is a turd and you should be de armed like you lose one for that, buddy. I'm sorry, I'm taking that arm. You're gonna lose that arm.
Speaker 1: You soun up a bitch fucking crazy.
Speaker 2: I just thought it was, uh, what's the word I'm looking for? Poetic?
Speaker 1: No arm to stand on poetic from the say, anybody that had Penny School above ten is the best office. The tackle National Football League didn't no ball just for NFL executives, coaches, and scouts to rank him the number one off at tackle. The National footb League would have fucking nerd Advanced INLIS has to place baseballs and baseball whatever.
Speaker 2: Like.
Speaker 1: I think some of them are interesting. I think I like the ones that provide context. One of my favorite ones is like time to pressure. The perfect example is who's the dadge we had last year? Alkoudy Mohammad had ten sacks last year. It'd be easy to look at the ten sacks, but holy shit, this guy's an lead edge rusher, and then look at the time of pressure.
Speaker 2: Like, okay, took him a little minute to get there.
Speaker 1: He's a been officiary of you know, some guys getting chased into his arms like I get him there. But it should never be black and white with advanced in elics, especially when it comes to sport like football. There's so much shit dependent on what happens.
Speaker 2: It's it's the ultimate team sport.
Speaker 1: In my opinion, I hate these nerds that have these advanced in atltics, like it has to be this because this fucking computer says so the news flashes they're fucking humans.
Speaker 2: These are computers.
Speaker 1: I just I fucking hate it. IY win probabilities, Like like, if your system was correct, you win, probably system it wouldn't fucking changed. Yeah, it was standing straight jet three to who won the fucking game, But it changes because it's wrong. I can't stand Advanced League sometimes, I really can't.
Speaker 4: If you were starting a franchise not drafting quarterbacks, Pinay Suel is probably going top three, tops, top ten, Yeah, like without a question, Like it's either get to the quarterback or you know, defend the guys getting to the quarterback. Pina school is elite at that first off. Second of all, you want to say top twenty, You're not talking top twenty tackles. You're talking top twenty players in the NFL minimum. Like that is the most insane take. I think he knew that this would stir the pot with Lions fans. Mike Clay did his job because there is no point in watching panae Sewel play throughout his career, even if he took a little step back last year because of like battling through injuries and whatnot, compared to his unbelievable didn't mess up one season prior to that even if you want to say that you can't put him, you know, even below three in my mind four tackles. So it just blows my mind. This is a terrible take from Mike Clave throat throat and to.
Speaker 2: Shout out to percules in the by the way he says coming from an Ampia team, myself, fuck that guy. You should get his arm like you. You should should transport from him to you because.
Speaker 1: The imagine we have his arms hanging up on a trophy woll yeah, like on our mantle while we're drinking out of our back to back first team All Pro Penny seol chalices like, fuck you, Mike Clay.
Speaker 2: You shouldn't talk about football like there there are wiggle room there. There there is some wiggle room. There is some gray area when you talk about the best offensive lineman or the best tackle in the league. I could understand if you prefer a Tristan Wurfs or if you like Jordan Mulatto, or you're talking about one of those guys. And Penny Jewels is number two or or even number three in some cases, but they have them at sixteen. Is the dumbest shit I've ever heard. Seventeen seventeen even worse, it's the dumbest shit I ever heard. There is no factual answer, There is no rational conversation you can have to say, penn Seool is the seventeenth three. You are just flat out wrong.
Speaker 1: And I would have some forgiveness if it were like twenty twenty five rankings, like based on last seak, because like they said, it was a little bit of a down year for Penny. This is a twenty twenty six projection, Like, what are we doing?
Speaker 2: Man? What the fuck are we doing?
Speaker 1: Penney Sool is one of the only offensive lineman out there that's a legit highlight tape.
Speaker 2: We just watch.
Speaker 1: Them mowing down human beings, not just like human beings like me spinning anybody in this fucking room. Professional athletes, NFL players like the freaks amongst freaks. There's a certain play where a Texas player runs out of the way and enters his own teammate because he didn't want to hit in the path of Penny Sool. It's it's just that he's just that type of guy. You're You're ridiculous. Michaelay should be banned for talking offensive line, if anything, just football in general.
Speaker 2: But shout to side this with super Chatz.
Speaker 1: Mike Clay is an Eagles fan, of course. Okay, okay, that that that adds up a little bit.
Speaker 2: He says.
Speaker 1: Of course, google claim, google claim. He is not a fan of a team, but he grew up in Pennsylvania. In his first two jobs was as an Eagles writer.
Speaker 2: Mm okay, now we get it. You're trash. Now I'm just kidding, but I mean no, it makes sense. It makes sense. You know, you're holding on to the dying Lane Johnson, who's not even a top ten tackle anymore. But you know whatever, Percoles says, I'll take his leg. That's what I'm missing. Well you can have his arm too, Percules two for one special.
Speaker 4: Speaking of that easy, do you have the list by chance of tackles, because that'd be interesting see where he ranked and he said pane sewel seventeenth, but where he puts specifically these Eagles tackles and where they ranked over them. So we can get to the bottom of this shout out to side list. Do a little uh invested gate of work here, because if that is true that both of these sackles are ahead of them, that is just big model complete zero credibility moving forward. For Mike Clay on this model, which I already have zero credibility, I have put zero stock in him.
Speaker 2: On this model.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: Today school is ranked below both Jordan Milatta and Lane Johnson. Sorry, he has has an overall grade with past block win rate some pff ri whatever, It's all a whole fucking hodgepodge of bullshit. Today Schools seven point seven is the final grade for him. Jordan Malata was seven point nine, Lane Johnson eight point one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like Clay Aiken Clay face Mike Clay. It doesn't matter. The NFL Scouts, coaches, and GMS ranked him the number one offensive lineman in the NFL. So Mike Clay, go play with your dolls or something, Buddy, I don't know, Like, fuck you. That just pisses me off cause it's like, you're supposed to go fuck You're supposed to be a football guy, right, That's that's your title, Notymore, that's your name, that's it's that's your whole thing. You're not. This proves you're not. Like it's just idiotic. Again, there are gray areas if you want to have him somewhere in the top three Okay, I could stomach it. Seventeen is just wrong.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's where that's where I get upset because I've seen I've seen it over the weekend with you know, with a parallel going on in like rep and rap media of a conversation where sometimes there's a difference between like get like just not knowing and speaking bs and now shout out to sidelists with his super chat like that makes me think, like that's actually that's actually propaganda. That's actually that's actually intentional. Because it's one thing if you're just speaking on a subject and like you said, you just don't know about Penny like for whatever reason, you know, and there are people that are just more in trench and you're gonna lose that debate to the person that's more in trench.
Speaker 2: But to know, to.
Speaker 7: Cover the to cover the egos, to be this league for several jobs, now, I I think that that's now cross the line into into like like it like propaganda.
Speaker 2: Basically that's ridiculous. It's absolutely intentional, and he should be he should be flogged for this. Man beat Morris with the super chat. He says, this is why Jock's like Peyton Manning tea bag. These fucking nerds. I mean, listen, like, nerds have their place in sports. If you like sports and you're a nerd, that's I'm a nerd. I like sports, But like, don't be a loser. That's what who farted says? More like Mike Gay, am I right?
Speaker 6: Nice?
Speaker 2: Nay, yeah, Mike Clay, it's an it's an obvious like it's him trying to do something like you're trying to be that guy, but you're not. You just deserve to have an arm taken away.
Speaker 1: It's vance analytics like it's just again they have they have a place, but it's gotta like you can't make it black and white. You can't say like this is this because of these numbers. Told me you gotta let your eyes into talking. Sometimes you have some fucking common sense sometimes, yeah, talk with your ears.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Again, if you want to say twenty twenty five, I will say Penny took a step back to twent twenty five, and it's due to injury. He missed like the ending of the season, got surgery. Nowice move the left tackle. You're projecting him to be the seventeenth best. It's just fucking like dude, I don't know we're done with it.
Speaker 2: We do have something else though, a lot of your Lord and Savior. Jared Goff was rated amongst the NFL quarterbacks by not Mike Clay, NFL executives, coaches and scouts. Was he rated fairly. We'll get into that next. First, tell us about water Hazard.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you about water Hazard here because water Hazard is the very first canned vodka cocktail from Founders.
Speaker 3: It's a vodka based cocktail at five percent.
Speaker 4: ABV that's citrusy, rough, freshing, and gluten free. Get five dollars cans at any Art and Shakes locations in Michigan on Mondays, Thursdays and Sundays. I enjoy them on a golf course, at the ballpark, or even just hanging out on a nice summer night. Remember to please drink responsibly.
Speaker 5: For more Detroit Tigers coverage, make sure you subscribe to Woodward Tigers on YouTube.
Speaker 6: Oh Tigers all the time for the hardcore Detroit sports fans.
Speaker 5: You can't get enough for the Motor City's teams all season long.
Speaker 6: You'll get NonStop Tigers contents.
Speaker 5: From on field interviews, postgame reactions, and roundtable inside from Woodward Sports.
Speaker 2: You're building a whole combat sports enterprise in the heart of it in Detroit. And that's why I think it's cool.
Speaker 9: I think with opportunity, right, like you said, maybe you'd like to punch people in the face for real, and you know you want to be a boxer, and you have an option there. Maybe you don't like get punched in the face. You want to make you know, you like the theatricals and the storylines, and you have an avenue here. If you start at one and then want to change to the other, I don't care, I will. I just want you in the building and know that you have some place to go to explore that. Just having the ability to what do you want to do and how do you want to do it to the best of your ability? And you know it all starts with the kids.
Speaker 6: Two million games, breakout season, Floating.
Speaker 10: INSI, the five games to the EXE Touchdown.
Speaker 5: Woodward Sports the most dominant Detroit sports coverage around.
Speaker 2: The yardo Ier.
Speaker 1: They've been doing for thirty years in the metro Detroit ear They have over one hundred thousand surgeries in their back pocket at the point they're getting them done within eight minutes and most paces can see twenty twenty the very next day. Get your appointment schedule today at the yaldo Icener slash sixteen ninety nine. Save yourself some money to quit paying for the lenses, quit playing for the contacts, get paying for the life.
Speaker 2: As is one time.
Speaker 1: Serger to get your eyes fixed with the aldough I Center for just sixteen ninety nine.
Speaker 2: What're up there? Welcome back to It's live and sports dot going. We're actually christically coat off.
Speaker 1: Be a friend to a friend and share the stream. We're continuing down the rankings. The list killers are back, baby. This time Full Asleep includes our guy, your guy, Jared Goff.
Speaker 2: It's my quarterback.
Speaker 1: According to NFL execs, coaches, and scouts, Jared Goff ranks as the ninth best quarterback International Football League. My question, are they haters fair and foul? They had him behind Drake May who was just a Super Bowl justin Herbert. I feel like that's contentious. Some Lions fans be upset about that one. Dak Prescott, I might be personally upset with that one.
Speaker 2: I'm team on that.
Speaker 1: Lamar Jackson, Joe Burrow, Matthew Stafford, Patrick Mahomes, Josh Allen, Caleb Williams is one spot alone.
Speaker 2: I think it's pretty fair. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I was totally he his top three. I was told he was top three, consensus, top three by one.
Speaker 2: I look at yeah, consensus, top three. He did say that. He did. He said, it's indisputable.
Speaker 1: You cann't argue it. Well, he's led the league after three seasons. Is it disrespect?
Speaker 2: It's not disrespect, it's fair. Like we've talked about Jared Goff, We've talked about him in that nine to thirteen range of where he should, you know, be put in the quarterback ranking. And if you have him over Herbert, if you have him over over Dak Prescott, like, sure, I'd give you those if you want either of them. If you're really gonna fight me on it, yeah whatever. I think both of those guys are more talented when you talk about just pure football talent, arm strength, escapability, improvisation, different things. But if you want Jared Goff because of the consistency and what he's done since he's taken over for the Lions offense, I'm not gonna. I wouldn't fight you tooth and nail on any of those. But this is a very fair ranking top ten. Sure, yeah it works.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is this is this is where, this is where you should have, like, if you're gonna have him top ten, this is right where comes up for me. You would think, after you know, three seasons leading the league, touchdown Jars all the good stuff, like, he would be in the top five. But there's context to these scenarios, right the way JG gets it done, which he does get it done systematically, surrounded by talent. It's hard to take that bit of context and put him in the top five conversation, the top three conversation. Then everybody wants to have him in. Is he top ten?
Speaker 2: Is good? Could get the job done? Yes?
Speaker 1: And he has the only guy I mean, I'm not a big DAK guy. I think he did well last year. He did have George Pickens. And once again, this is the talent round. You just gonna bosh you up a little bit, right George Pickens. Ceedee lamb. Now you're talking about Dak being top ten after I think last year he.
Speaker 2: Was out of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but this is where right around where I would have JG. Just where between that the nine, maybe even seven to twelve area.
Speaker 2: That goes year on year off literally his whole career. It's like, if you look at his career the past like six years, it's been like forty nine hundred yards, thirty touchdowns, ten interceptions, and then the next year it's like two thousand yards ten touchdowns too. That's how I feel about the top ten in general. If you get past like top five or top.
Speaker 1: Six, it's like it's kind of interchangeable, depends on what kind of year the guy had.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I.
Speaker 1: Think this is this is fair, but d way it's projected to me and I call the hater, like, you guys got to be top three, top five.
Speaker 2: I thought there'd be a lot more hoot and holler over dark Cash says I'd take golf over Stafford, Lamar, Dak and Drake. And why is Williams on this list? I mean two loaded questions there, brother, But you know that's your that's your thought process. Obviously, none of the gms or coaches or executives believe what you're saying, but listen, that's your guy. I can't be mad at you for it. Nick.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I'm not gonna say he should be higher on this list above the two guys that I typically would in Justin Herbert and Dak Prescott when you a don't make the playoffs, when you be, you know, when your team needs you the most and you're not able to expand your game like those others can with their legs in Dak and Justin Herbert to pick up a big first down and you know, kind of escape the pressure that was forced upon him. In his first season without Frank Ragnow, his QBR dropped eight points, and I think the big thing in that is there was more sacked, there was more pressure, and you had to see a little bit more of the flaws of Jared Goff when he gets rushed or else if he does have that elite center and he is able to step up and make some of those throws that would have propelled you into the playoffs. At times I would have him over Justin Herbert and Dak Prescott probably, But since the first year without Ragnow, he didn't really look good. So I am keeping him under those guys right now, just based on principle of not really getting it done last year. In the first year without Frank wrag Now, I think some of his you know, his wounds really showed.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the the blur reads Golf's last two years stack up well against just about any other quarterback over that time. He threw forty three yards and seventy one touchdowns, and only four quarterbacks have more four thousand, five hundred passing yard seasons than Golf five Breeze, Brady, Matt Ryan, and Peyton Manning. That's quite the class for golf who consists of proa bowl performances that overshadowed him in the rams. Really weird the guy wins, an NFL coordinator, said he's going to find a completion if not under pressure. Mature pocket passer with a plus arm who could layer the ball at all three levels. Pocket pressure did play golf a bit in the twenty twenty five when he took the career high of thirty eight sacks. One knock on him. The pass has been his playmate when the pocket collapses. He's known in the league circles for good footwork, and he hasn't proved his toughness.
Speaker 2: In Detroit.
Speaker 1: Over the past five years, Goff appeared on nearly sixty percent of ballots to earn a spot in the top ten. His highest ranking was five. His lowest ranking was unranked.
Speaker 2: So no coach, executive or GM that was interviewed had him top three. No, damn Neil tough one, buddy, Listen, like, I get it. You know, I don't know if if Neil actually believes it or not. I'm starting to think Stick convinced himself of it and now it's just alive that he actually believes. But it's it's okay that he's not the number one quarterback in the NFL. Do you guys know why? The biggest reason why it would be true? If he was, we would be the best team in the league every year. If Jared Goff was truly a top three quarterback like everybody that we see in the chat says he is, you would have by far the best offense in the NFL every single year. And it wouldn't be close because all of those other guys you got. I'm in ros Saint Brown undeniably top five, Jamison Williams arguably the best wide receiver two in the NFL, Jamior Gibbs just rated the number one running back in madd and like Sam Laporta, went healthy a top five tight end in the NFL. So it's okay, And we love Jared Goff for what he does and to run this Lions offense, he is better suited than a lot of guys. But when you talk about just pure football players or pure quarterback players in a vacuum, you got it, you gotta have a little context behind it. I would agree with that entirely.
Speaker 7: Where he's at on this list, I won't make an argument for anybody, for anybody over him. I will say, though, this is Justin Herbert's last year on this list. If like, if he doesn't, if he doesn't do something this year with with the coaching staff, with the roster, with the weapons he had, like to me, I think, Justin Herbert, you know, I get it. I see the flashes too, But this is his this is his last year in my opinion, Like, this is last year. Just project this talent and you know and say that, all right, at some point you got to do something with it. You got to bring something to the table. And so I think that, yeah, they made the playoffs last year, and so to have golf nine or ten or even right right outside the top ten after a missing playoff season, a season where you don't have the best center in the NFL anymore, as Nick point out, which was a great point, like, it's totally fair his.
Speaker 2: Ranking LeBaron or Lebron. Oh three shot out Lebron with the super chat, he says, I think it's a fair take. I'd make the argument that he's over Dak and Herbert. But I disagree with Nick about the QBR thing. Yes, losing Rag now hurt, but dropped past his hurts QBR as well. You with the list back up there, Yeah, I got you. That's why.
Speaker 3: Where are you easy? With the Dak thing?
Speaker 7: I think Dak feels high six.
Speaker 2: Envy Pete runner up. What two years ago?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what it was. Yeah, two years ago.
Speaker 4: I think I was thinking last year was his yeah, crazy year, but it wasn't.
Speaker 3: After I just took a peek.
Speaker 4: He had thirty touchdowns, ten picks last year and the team missed the playoffs, So my apologies for that. I was thinking of the MVP type Dak. Yeah, no, him in front of them. I think I don't know if I would put Dak in front of them right as of this moment.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, two years ago, he had forty five hundred yards, thirty six touchdowns, nine interceptions, and a one oh five quarterback rating.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, I guess it makes sense when you like six. Just that number feels too high for me. But you guys are right, like he's in that tier and if you want to put him off of last year the top of that tier, I guess I really can't.
Speaker 2: I guess I really can't argue burn with the super chat. He says, how would the eight guys ahead of Golf perform on the Lions with Penny Gibbs, Rod Jmo, Tesla and Lapordo?
Speaker 1: And I think that's a great super chata, Like when I look at the names, that's why I asked us you the list again, and I look at the names on there, maybe other than Dak, I feel like that equations just super pull for the Lions. And I am I wrong there any of those guys you you replaced Golf with, I figure going to the fucking super Bowl. I think the only one working with as much talent is maybe Stafford and Burrow.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean Herbert, his only wide receiver was fucking Lad McConkie. Yeah, I hope Quentin Johnson pull up. You know, he showed up every once and then, But just he.
Speaker 2: Has that nice tight end. Though, what's his name?
Speaker 1: The rookie I don't not pronounce that we're talking about. Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's kind of That's where I'm at with it. When I do like the assessment, Yeah, it's fair.
Speaker 4: I feel like six through ten is like pretty interchangeable there, I think, to be honest, what do you guys think about that? I'm just may even maybe a little higher.
Speaker 1: And this come might lean to like another topic we got coming up. I actually we'll probably get to that here soon. But like justin Herbert, the perfect zamp for me is like he just he played with nothing close to nothing last year. He was losing running back every single week. Lat McConkie is the only like imagine he had well golf. He had no offensive line.
Speaker 3: Last year, seven miss or left tackles injured.
Speaker 2: Like he just he was. He was.
Speaker 1: He's a great quarterback and put him in Goff's position. I think you're talking Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Jeremy Fowler broke down his like tears and uh so he did the top ten quarterbacks and everything like that, and he broke it down into tears and he is Tier one of Josh Allen and Patrick Mahomes. Tier two is Matt Stafford, Tier three is Joe Burrow and Lamar Jackson, Tier four is Dak Herbert may and Golf, and then Tier five is Williams, Darnold, Daniels, Love Perty and Mayfield.
Speaker 1: I feel like and I saw some of the comments in Wolversports chattoo like some of the arguments like Love because I've been gassing up Love.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I do think if Jordan Love had what Jeered Goff was working with, you'd have just as much success, maybe if not more. And I get it people don't like that. Take I go look at what he's been with and in Wisconsin, in Green Bay. It ain't shipped to me that versus what we've had this is it ain't the same at all. And he's still making the playoffs. There's no excuses for him.
Speaker 4: How many quarterbacks would fail in this system?
Speaker 1: None, I mean, I'm I I mean, yeah, it's pretty fucking.
Speaker 2: Remember you know, you guys know I love Jared Goff from and I love I love Joe Goff as well. When when Teddy Bridgewater came in when he was injured, all he did was take the snap, hand the ball to JMO and Jamo ran for a touchdown. Like, it's kind of hard to be bad in the system the Lions have when you have probably the two most singular, two most explosive weapons in the NFL, arguably the best slot receiver in the NFL, and a tight end like Sam Laporta. I mean, fucking Johnny Morton was making that ship work, you know. I I you would have a hard time finding a quarterback that wouldn't look good in this system. Yeah, that's kind of where I'm at with it. And JJ's a good quarterback in the day. And corying Illness, Corey Gillness, I don't know. He says you got or y'all are fucking tripping Cory Gillens, Corey Gillen, Corn Gillans, Corn Gillens, I don't know what we're tripping on. Caleb Williams is bad in the system.
Speaker 1: No, I didn't speak up. I feel different about Kay Williams a lot of people. I think it's tremendously talented. I don't think he's pieced everything together yet to have like I wouldn't have my top ten personally.
Speaker 2: I just I wouldn't.
Speaker 1: I had an argument with my boy Rodney yesterday he said, in a keepers league, you should keep ya Williams gonna be the top ten this year.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't feel that way. He has tremendous highlight plays. He's never in the top ten statistically for Fantasy wise, and I just is it possibility to get piece it together and become that guy? Yes, I just haven't seen enough yet to like have full confidence in it. I would not have him ten. We've did our NFC rankings. I had love over Caleb Williams. Yeah, but with what Jared gov has done statistically, it's hard to have anybody else over him.
Speaker 2: He's he's been performing.
Speaker 1: But again it's like we've been talking about for the last five minutes, putting of the guys in this offense with these weapons.
Speaker 2: Jordan included, it's hard Jordan love for sure. Like it's hard to look at what the Lions have and be like, I don't think it offense or I don't think a quarterback would be able to work in that offense.
Speaker 1: Would have to be a bad quarterback, you know, you'd have to be a just bad quarterbacks, and there are some of those.
Speaker 2: So we are blessed to have our guy. JG. Shout out Lebron with the super chat again, he says, I'd put Stafford in Tier one. He's been bawling. I agree, Yeah, I would too. I agree that's kind of the legacy thing because like Mahomes hasn't been that good the past two years. Correct, I don't know, he has been one of the worst deep ball quarterbacks in the NFL. I think he only has one touchdown of over fifty yards past two years.
Speaker 4: I'm thinking like Josh Allen on that Rams team though, and let's like like he does have Hella around him with obviously Hedavante and that rotten game is insane, but.
Speaker 2: He also makes some disgusting Yeah, like only like four quarterbacks in the NFL can make and Stafford can make.
Speaker 1: All he might like yeah pound best arm probably him or Josh Mahomes.
Speaker 2: Still, I mean, yeah, we just have He was going on, Yeah, Mahomes are two. Yeah, Yeah, there's the top three. I think. Yeah, when you look at like, you know, they always like guys that can make any throw, like guys that you can make any throw in the book. And it's like Mahomes, Allen Burrough, Stafford, Loki put Killer Williams in there. Too, but obviously he's not at that level of quarterbacking yet, but his arm talents.
Speaker 1: Crazy h T says, So your argument is Lions need as system quarterback. I don't know if you're talking to someone in the chatter us. I think it doesn't matter who you have a quarterback from Lions right now?
Speaker 2: That work out pretty well, yeah, for sure, But ar Goff does a fantastic job of dishing the rock of running the offense. But when it comes down to situations where it's like he's got to make a play. If you are fourth and three Fate of the Universe on the line game winning drive in the NFC Championship game, who would you rather be standing in shotgun? Jared Goff or Josh Allen or Lamar Jackson or Joe Burrow or Patrick Mahomes Like, I think the question is a big factor when you could take off and get three yards at any time.
Speaker 4: True, I do think obviously short yard is that he's good with like the comebackers and stuff with obviously saying and laport up.
Speaker 3: But god, I was about to ask you guys, some fucking lost it.
Speaker 1: Who's failing on the team QB system?
Speaker 2: I don't that don't even make sense. It's not even the right question. Yeah, Ed says Staffers. Tier two golf.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, Staffords, tier one golf is tier two when there's one, two, three, four, five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: I love I love JG. Cool guy, chill guy has brought us like playoffs. Not there, man, I'm just not there with him. That's just just me.
Speaker 4: I truly believe, though, you can win a super Bowl with the top ten quarterback and that's what Jared Goff is, and you need the goods around him, which we've seen. But if he does get this offensive line in order once again like it was prior to Frank Wragnow retiring, you're gonna see the best of Jared Goff that put you in position to win that NFC Championship game. Anything could happen in the Super Bowl if you don't turn the ball over. Jared Goff can win a Super Bowl. Here, I'm gonna fly out say that. This offensive line, though, needs to get back to where it was before Frank Gragnow retired for him to look like a guy that can win a Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: And will.
Speaker 1: We just watched him Donald with a Super Bowl, so it's like you got the right pieces. But that's that's that was always my beef is like JG. We see him go to a super Bowl. You can't say that you can't go to a super Bowl. Yeah, you can't say you can't win a playoff game with them. I never said those things as you can't win a super Bowl with them when you're paying them the amount of money that we are unfortunately paying him. He needs everything around him to go. Sam Darnold had a lot of pieces around hi last year because had a cheap ass contract.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: It's just like it's a team game and then the day and if you don't have a Superman type quarterback, I can't pay you Superman type money. I'm just never gonna be comfortable with that me personally.
Speaker 2: Bro needs to be wemby Bro. He needs to lock in take that.
Speaker 1: I mean, yes, in my opinion, he can get it done, but like take a little less. We could get you that offensive line, right, Like I agree wholeheartedly.
Speaker 7: I think that would be I like, going forward, if Jared Goff is signing another contract in Detroit, that is the only contract that I would want him on. Anything beyond that, Anything beyond that, if it's even if it's market value of what Jared Goff's talent and numbers suggest. I am out on that because I think that golf has proven at this point, like if he does the Tom Brady route where he takes the pay cut and you get the extra weapons and this and that, then yes, cool, you can you can absolutely win a super Bowl with him if everything is right. But I mean, I think that's a that's a big thing to ask, and you know, we have no evidence to say that.
Speaker 2: That will happen. And a lot of people in the chat are talking about Sam Donald, Steve Leam and Sam Donald won a Super Bowl with the top defense, Like, okay, is that the air you're talking about Jared goffin because we're you know, you're arguing he's a top three quarterback and then using Sam Donald as a base of reference. That doesn't fit. You can't say he's a top three quarterback and then be like, well, if you can win with Sam Donald, you can win with Jared Goff. Like yeah, that's true. But there is a difference between winning with someone and winning because of someone. And I mean, can Jared Goff get hot in the Super Bowl and throw for three hundred yards and score a bunch of touchdowns, Like, yeah, we've seen him do it before in games where he's hot and he's on one, he's a lot easier to take out of a game. We saw it happen in the.
Speaker 1: Super Bowl he was in so and kJ Obay brings up a great point. I hate to read it out loud, but we also think the worst no call in the NFL history to get him there to begin with.
Speaker 2: That's true in the Saints burn with the Super chat. He's just what's crazy is Caleb Williams has passed for more yards than Jordan Love the last two seasons. Love hasn't passed for over thirty four hundred yards since twenty twenty three. That is true.
Speaker 1: But there's the one christis of Love right now too, is he can't say healthy. He's missed two games each the past two seasons. Like, that's probably why that's the case.
Speaker 2: And Steve Lieman says, you're trying to say all you need to win at Super Bowl is the top QB. That's false. Nobody said that. I'm not saying that. Nobody said that at all. Definitely fucking helps. I just said it. That's just had a team sport yeah, I mean overall team. See that's when when you have lists of NFL's coaches, executives and scouts, Hey they got they gotta just go.
Speaker 1: For something else and just start making stuff up. Edward O'Neill says, easy isn't hurts being paid a lot. They won, just a thought. Yeah, go look at his contract. Go look at how it's backloaded. They got to use those void years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look at his caphit when they won, and you.
Speaker 1: Know we can't do that. We're not a cash rich team.
Speaker 2: Uh lebront. It feels disrespectful. I'm low key good with jg at eight to ten. I just hate when people say dumbshiz and put him sixteen to twenty. That shit's crazy. Me great, one hundred percent. Jared Goff should be no lower than thirteen. And we talked about the seven to thirteen range of quarterbacks in the NFL. I'm gonna I want to pull up that Jeremy Fowler tweet again because the seven to fourteen range of quarterbacks in the NFL is extremely fluctuating. When you look at these guys, it's dependent on years.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna lie in a vacuum. I can see him getting a sixteen, like just taking everything away from it. If I don't, if you don't have Jamir Gibbs, i'mona Jamo, Sam Laporte. I could see him getting a sixteen when you look.
Speaker 2: At one, two, three, four or five six. So Herbert may Goff, Williams, Darnold Daniels love then you got then after that, perty Mayfield, Lawrence, all of those guys you could throw around, like Trevor Lawrence pretty good last year when he finally had a competent offensive coordinator or offensive play caller. I think it's very fluctuating. There is that seven to thirteen range. So uh, shout out to Burn for being a member of the Wolverd Sports crew for twenty one months. Shout out. He says, I'm a pro Green Bay quarterback hater. Full disclosure. That's fair, So sure I am. I am as well? So am I I liked Aaron Rodgers after he left, I started to really appreciate him for what he was. Brett Favre piece of shit facts. Yeah, Steel's.
Speaker 1: Dick picks contexts to it. We really just have what you have to work with him.
Speaker 2: Be honest with you.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to read the like conditions surrounding the polls, but they really just gave him. Hey, he give us your top ten.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like again, vacum.
Speaker 1: I can see him get a sixteen angle lie, but like performance based on what he's working with he's got.
Speaker 2: He's got to be the top ten for sure. I am at that. No, we are up against it. Tell us about mortgage.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, let's go. I'll tell you about your mortgage. Are you looking for our career up grade? Check out Mortgage Pros, the number one mortgage broker to work for in the state of Michigan. We saw their incredible company culture firsthand at their annual block party. Their team truly loves what they do and it shows. So if you're looking for a new job, give Mortgage Pros in Troy a call at two four eight four one six one three six one Mortgage Pros. Let the Pros handle it.
Speaker 7: And after you get that new job, you should get some new Pizza Buddies original Detroit style pizza.
Speaker 2: They've been doing it for eighty years.
Speaker 7: They got not just pizza, they got they got bread, six, salad, wings, meatballs, all of that. And you can save ten percent on all of that with the promo code ten meal. That's ten meal at Buddiespizza dot Com.
Speaker 2: Check it out.
Speaker 5: A ton of fun, a ton of sports, and a ton of man. Welcome to the Woodward Heavyweights, live daily five to seven pm on Woodward Stars.
Speaker 11: Some days call for light, others lean bold, what about everything in between? All day IPA the easy choice for every day citrusy crisp refreshing flavor. You can float with light on the hops, big on refreshment one's great two even better. Brood with you and money, No shortcuts, no fuss, big on flavor, never too much. All day IPA hop into easy.
Speaker 5: Hunting season is almost to your Detroit and your lions are on the prowl. Make sure you're locked into Woodward Sports for all the Dan Campbell reactions, Jared Goff touchdowns, common raw first downs, Penny Pancakes, Skurmy Picks, Skim's big plays, and of course Jack Fox his leg Yes Jay locked in on all your lines coverage right here on Detroit's number one sports network.
Speaker 6: Sports.
Speaker 2: Side.
Speaker 1: Welcome Icon Auto Repair and Collisions of Woodbord Sports Family. If you've been in an accident or your vehicle needs repairs, make sure you trust a team an Icon Auto Repair and Collision with three convenientmentary Detroit locations and Mass and Heights Shelby talenthen Pontiac.
Speaker 2: They've got you covered.
Speaker 1: They offer free car owners and even offer to pay your deductible vis Icon Auto dot Com.
Speaker 2: Again, that's Icon Auto dot Com. It's the Icon you could count on. I'm just a Nicon.
Speaker 7: Well Supreme gets you five hundred dollars off your home, so make sure you call Chad and Chris. Their numbers are on the screen today. They got zero percent doll payment programs as well, ninety seven percent customer satisfaction scored, ninety nine percent clothes on time. These guys get the job done and they don't waste your time. Make sure you check out the boys as Supreme Lending when you buy in the house.
Speaker 2: I'm buying house right now. What we're gonna bite?
Speaker 1: What the weight slide or sports dot Com East and Western wil racks Young Chris Nicholas Coloff smashed like bought and be a friend to a friend and share the stream his next topic. He's kind of the topic for like, kind of discussed this already to be honest with you, and we don't got into it.
Speaker 2: We don't want to.
Speaker 1: I think we kind of got our answer in short. But we have a group chat with one Lucas Klotts. We threw up a graphic in there that was Dan Campbell and Justin Herbert. He said, could you imagine? And I got to imagining and I did see at the party. Now, now, obviously, if it had gone down in the sense of they drafted Herbert instead of Jeff Okuda, Jesus Man, what a fucking ball drop there, it would change some things. Though you can't promise that we would have Jamison Williams. You can't promise that we would have any these pieces. Obviously, Masstafige still becomes a trade piece, but it's the rams is. Dan Campbell even hired Matt just keep his job, Like, I don't you know this and that there? But if I'm just strap up swapping the two players, yeah, I think you're winning the fucking Super Bowl. Justin Herbert of jer Goff on this team.
Speaker 2: The defense, I don't know. I don't know if Justin Herbert being here is to overcome the defense, Like, I don't know if it gives you that much more of a boost because right now, for me, Jared Goff isn't the reason you're not winning a Super Bowl. I mean, you know, I look at the Washington game. You can say a different thing, but I think the defense is much much more of an issue for for why you wouldn't win a super Bowl. Justine Herbert overcome that. Justin Herbert, though, is a that that's a that's a big point of contention because he does feel like a Lion Stafford type of situation. And I know he hasn't had even the stats that that Stafford had in Detroit. But Stafford also had, you know, Golden Pate and Calvin Johnson and bevy of very good pass catchers. When Justin Herbert really hasn he he's a special quarterback and you see him when he's healthy. When he's on, he is up there with the best of the best. He can make all the throws. He's a big guy, he's pretty mobile. He does not get enough credit for how good of an athlete he is. Would that single move of Justin Herbert to Jared Goff mean the Lions win a Super Bowl? No, I don't think it would. Would he give him a better chance, that's debatable. Probably it would.
Speaker 3: It would it definitely would give him a better chance. But I do think back to what.
Speaker 4: Was it a thirty pointly twenty eight point three Lawrence.
Speaker 2: Through what five interceptions in the first half or something like that.
Speaker 7: So I was looking up that lot right now, throw four interceptions.
Speaker 2: Trevor Lawrence threw four interceptions the first half and they still won the game because Justin Herbert.
Speaker 3: Threw four picks yep in that game game.
Speaker 4: And I know he doesn't have the help like he would have around in the d or with the Detroit Lions.
Speaker 3: But man, like, it's hard to oh for three.
Speaker 4: Isn't that the same exact Detroit Lions Matthew Stafford playoff record?
Speaker 3: It is oh and three?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Have they won that division? The Chargers? I don't think is that three wild card losses? That is all that is?
Speaker 2: That is very ear.
Speaker 4: Think about all the you know, Chicago old a p but uh yeah, I don't.
Speaker 2: It's a gamble.
Speaker 4: It is really similar to the Matthew Stafford thing. But if you are talking realistic yet, the Detroit Lions can't do this because they were given Jared goff of no trade clause when you absolutely didn't need to. If we're gonna actually come down to what we are saying about it. You can't do this because you fucked up and gave Jared goff of no trade clause.
Speaker 2: What's the worst no trade clause in the city?
Speaker 3: Serious? Why did you give either of these guys no trade clauses?
Speaker 2: Because that's all we had, the only guy we had at the point. Yeah, like again, one for one, does Justin Herbert make the Detroit Lions a Super Bowl winner? No, I would not say so. Yes, I would say so.
Speaker 1: I even look back at the lead game, by the way, Justin Herbert, all the turnovers lost that game. I remember a game like that as number one seed gets Washington Commanders happen here too, we saw faith in Jared Golf and Justin Herbert working with a lot less over there. I look back even to the forty nine ers game. Rock Perty scrambled his way all over us and he got that victory.
Speaker 2: Justin Herbert can do that.
Speaker 1: It's like, and I wouldn't maybe have to come down to a drop by Josh Reynolds. You know what I'm saying, Like I just I do think I don't know about winning a Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Sure you could say maybe.
Speaker 1: But I just think it's a I think it's a big upgrade.
Speaker 2: I really do.
Speaker 1: I think you sure would be in the super Bowl at the very least.
Speaker 2: I don't know, man, I don't know.
Speaker 7: Like his playoff resume is pretty it's pretty sketchy.
Speaker 2: The super team he's winning the damn. I think he leans a lot more Stafford than he does actually like a bad quarterback or a not like because you gotta think what the first two losses he or the first two losses of his playoff even all three of them were with Brandon fucking Staley as his head coach, Like, I mean, the offense would be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that'd be nasty.
Speaker 4: I don't know if his person that well, I guess, But unfortunately, you.
Speaker 2: Can't play cornerback or safety. And that's the biggest Like, if the Lions had Kirby Joseph and Brian Branch healthy as can be coming into this season, I would say they're winning the super Bowl. But you know, you don't. Your secondary is loaded with question marks. Your defense as a whole is you don't even know what scheme you're running. Justin Herbert can't help that. I think he'll overcome it.
Speaker 3: We got Calvin Sheppard to figure it out.
Speaker 1: He's lost a fucking peace and tearing on as well. Yeah, what do you guys playing the nickel for the past two years?
Speaker 2: I finally get it. This guy goes to jail.
Speaker 3: With the what do you guys about?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: That's crazy, the insane stuff, insane fucking stuff.
Speaker 2: Man, try to keep easy takes down. Fucking he he's doing it.
Speaker 4: To spite you. What team do you guys can go play for? And didn't he work out for a few.
Speaker 1: Jets Texans and then he'll go play nickel there and he'll do amazing thing.
Speaker 3: He can do whatever he wants.
Speaker 2: That's a stacked fucking defense. Uh.
Speaker 1: Twenty eighteen, Jed Superol run through one touchdown by the way.
Speaker 2: Yeah well yeah, that's that is true. He only threw one touchdown on his run to the Super Bowl. It's like it was carried now.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. I love Jered Goff, I really do. I just I like picking on the people were like, fucking let's go I just it's fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you were hanging around this weekend, you were like, you know what, Monday, let's find every.
Speaker 2: Chery no popping in.
Speaker 1: We didn't really get great news coming into the Weekend today stuff.
Speaker 3: I'm just kidding. I'm with you. I agree. I do think this team.
Speaker 1: I'm always gonna call like how I see it? Man, I could be a fan of a guy at a cake Conny. You know I love Kate Kenyon. I'm a fucking Kate Kenny in the stand. Who's better him or Wimby? I've told you Wimby a million times. Yes, Wimby's all the best player in the fucking league. I'm not I can't lie to you, guys. I love Jared Goff. I'm a fan of Jared Goff. Do I think he's a top five No.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: If you guy asked me if I got a place with Justin Herbert, yeah I would do that. I think that's an upgrade.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: I think the real question is is how many first round picks would you package?
Speaker 3: If it was.
Speaker 2: I would do the same deal Stafford, Yeah, yeah, to first two, first and quarterback yeah, or for for for any of those guys. For Joe Burrow, Ohio sucks, buddy, Why don't you move up north a little bit? You guys think Jared Goff would actually exercise his no trade.
Speaker 4: Cause no, no, unless Dan him and Dan went no because like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, yeah, because he's already if it was all guaranteed money. Yeah, maybe because he goes somewhere where it looks like twenty twenty two d short Lions or's first year here, and then they're like, yeah, we're not paying you seventy Get the funk off my team.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, Like he I would to do what ours him? Would you leave here Bone Nicks or da Press? Absolutely not?
Speaker 7: Fun fact though, if Darren signs the qualifying offer, he gets a no trade cause as well, he just gets it. Yeah, every every restricted free agent that signs the qualifying offer gets a no trade for the for the year, so he can wave it if he wants. Yeah, he can wave it. But he also does get a no trade cause if he if he signs.
Speaker 2: This new CBA fucking sucks.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think though that's been in place for the last couple of cbas, maybe it hasn't always been the case.
Speaker 2: I'll have to look at what something that would be.
Speaker 1: But fucking a dude, But yeah, they're changing this just ahead. Players Union is changing this year after this going on.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they said they see the great the best player in the league take a pay cut, and they're like, all right, dude, this system is broken.
Speaker 2: Ray Gatardo's says Ray Gatardo's Bone Nicks or Dak Prescott. Uh, if you're choosing betwe Dak Prescott. All I'm not a guy.
Speaker 3: This show hates bow Knicks. I like the bow Knicks. Saga.
Speaker 4: No, I think they win the Super Bowl at bo Knicks doesn't get injured. I think they win that game.
Speaker 2: And I do know they win the Super Bowl. I can see him going to the Super Bowl.
Speaker 4: They certainly put up a better fight than whatever the fuck the Patriots did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they probably wouldn't beat the Seahawks because the were literally just like the Broncos.
Speaker 3: But better to lose that game the Patriots.
Speaker 1: You have an inexperienced quarterback. You're missing some piece on the offensive line, experience offensive line guys Will Campbell got slaughtered in that game. Like they never had a chance. Denver would have had a chance because equal defense going to that one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I thought Denver had the best defense and yeah in the league.
Speaker 1: Got defense versus Sam Donald the other you know.
Speaker 3: That could have you know, made him look a little bit.
Speaker 1: And that a great if I'm not mistaken if aybody wants to get up chat or whoever. The Denver had a great running defense too. I don't know if K nine is having the type of game he had to Denver into that conversation.
Speaker 2: Would be a bad game, for sure.
Speaker 3: I'm not a Botnecks guy.
Speaker 2: Better Drake may Or Kill Williams talent wise like talent wise Caleb. Talent wise is Caleb for sure, But his quarterback I think strapping. I think Drake.
Speaker 1: May sison in the competition.
Speaker 2: I think Drake may Is he's a better quarterback right now, But I think Caleb is going to be better. God, damn it, what's up? Why is it? What's up the Caleb? I'm not there, man, it's the talent, yes, everything else. You know, throw that. I feel like it should have to come down to you doing that.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: It's not on him. Yeah, it is for Ship to get open and then he hangs onto it too long. He does some dumb ship. I mean, to make a throw like that in the corner of the end zone, you gotta hang on to it pretty long, you do, you do? He shouldn't be doing that all game? No, But I think as he matures in Ben Johnson's offense. He's going to turn into a monster.
Speaker 1: I'm excited to see Drake May this year he gets a j Brown and then actually like a fucking respectable.
Speaker 2: Schedule as well. Yeah, this would be a good telling you, but I think he's the real deal. Shout out I too.
Speaker 1: I like drink May All right to the break gay for me coming back. Got some piss of Summer League stuff and hudgs and stuff. I'll do a poll you guys, tell me what you want. Until then, tell us about mad Pack mad pegs.
Speaker 2: Go to get madpacks dot Com to find a store near you carrying the best product in the game. You can get some of their boom Shock Alca two hundred milligram live resin gummies or the High Low two hundred milligram hash rosin gummies at any location that serves mad packs. So go to get madpacks dot Com to find it near you today, Mad Flavor, mad High mad Packs.
Speaker 5: For more Detroit Tigers coverage, make sure you subscribe to Woodward Tigers on YouTube. Old Tigers all the time for the hardcore Detroit sports fans and can't get enough for the Motor Cities teams all season one you'll get non stop Tigers contents from onfield interviews, postgame reactions, and roundtable inside from Woodward Sports. We don't like to brag that we are the toughest sports networking Detroit, but we.
Speaker 6: Do have a guy named Darren McCarty on our side. Woodwind Sports.
Speaker 2: Art and Jakes. I'm there for my UFC Saturdays, my NFL Sundays.
Speaker 1: It's the go to spot, a sports bar atmosphere with fine dining flavor, and don't forget We'll be there July twenty second at eight pm as Detroit takes on.
Speaker 2: The Chicago Cubs.
Speaker 1: You won't want to miss the pitch and you won't miss a single pitch on the Ady TV's after Wall The Wall twenty two Draft beers, keep your fresh and the men you packed the absolute fan favorites artin Jake's download AJ's Fan Club today to your special deals in discounts. By the way, I will say this and hopefully don't get mad. They shouldn't get mad.
Speaker 2: You know it happened.
Speaker 1: They turned off the sound at the FIFA sound on over the UFC sound and Boooner was throwing a fucking fit.
Speaker 2: Man, He's I don't know them. I don't even know about next time, where else you gonna go. It's the best place.
Speaker 1: Not only is it one of the old plays still showing UFC fights, said, it's also the best place showing the UFC fight. Anybody got better food, anybody got better deals on beer and drinks.
Speaker 2: And it's also a vibe. Nobody's got a better social team.
Speaker 1: No one's got a better by the way, Luke Bryant was up in.
Speaker 2: Art and Jakes. You see that, Yeah, Luke Bryant.
Speaker 1: Luke Bryant was up in r Jakes. Brian Branch goes Art Jakes like this. You're not You're not. You're a lot of Brian Man, a lot of Bryan Brian the dog and family guy friend Bryant.
Speaker 2: He tried getting in. They didn't let him. Make. No other dogs in there other than me.
Speaker 4: My question to you about that Art in Jake's scenario, there were there more FIFA fans probably than UFC fans.
Speaker 3: I feel like that to read the room kind of.
Speaker 2: Vibe, I would have called Brendan.
Speaker 1: I don't know why there, it's probably there's probably more FIFA fans there. Yeah, yeah, I would have called Brendan.
Speaker 2: Made that's kind of fucked up. I don't think it's fucked up. I think if you had the poll, it's like you get if it's seventy thirty fans the USC fans, you're still this is America. God damn it, you'll see's not dead. It was.
Speaker 3: Was it packed with FIFA fans?
Speaker 1: Probably a good split split. I'd say there's more UFC people there though. That's our stopping ground, you know what I'm saying. And if the fans came to blows, I.
Speaker 2: Don't know, Europeans are kind of crazy. We came to blows. I'm taking the UFC crowd still. It was it was Norway, wasn't it.
Speaker 1: Uh No, Norway lost earlier than day. It was Switzerland and Argentina. Oh for sure, UFCAS winning.
Speaker 2: Then I was gonna say, I don't know if I'm taking the UFC crowd over which.
Speaker 1: Now that I'm like watching soccer, Argentina's got some funck shit going on in their favorite and I just found out their fans are fucking super racist.
Speaker 2: And I remember too, had the Nazi crowd went to Argentina most of Europe pretty after World War Two? You remember hear about that ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was an entire German streaking community in Argentina.
Speaker 2: Fucking wild.
Speaker 12: Most of Europe is like pretty racist, like they don't like Argentina, super racist. The Nazis were sucking up sheltered there. She's seen the ship there calling speed and the musclim e Gypties. I was like, what the fuck is going on?
Speaker 2: Sure, that's what people's taking off goals for Egypt and ship. It's wild.
Speaker 7: That's why you're seeing all the all the like actual good pr coming out of the United of the United States, Like from all these countries is they're just like holy ship.
Speaker 2: Like, you guys aren't pieces of ship.
Speaker 7: You guys aren't like each other, Like yeah, it's like it's like everybody's been overwhelmingly positive tourist wise their experience in the US for the World Cup.
Speaker 1: Which was definitely surprised because that one's like ship talking as usually.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's actually.
Speaker 2: Great, Like we're fat pieces of garb.
Speaker 1: Man, we are fat pieces of garbage, or at least we're.
Speaker 2: The best gunp for yourself.
Speaker 6: At least.
Speaker 1: I'm seeing some twenty twenty two heavyweight clips. You joined the heavyweights?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, man, you're gonna pass me up. Pretty happy, happy life.
Speaker 3: I'm not like ten pounds after that.
Speaker 2: Shut up.
Speaker 3: I was battling something last week.
Speaker 2: Oh you had it, but covid, I'm going to get it on purpose.
Speaker 3: Do you think you had it? No, guy might have had it, you know if you had it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's no.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 2: It was like that time, like my boy, my boy Seaball got put down for twelve days straight. Oh I didn't have twelve day Yeah. He's every hour on the hour faucet for his boyfriend. His wife kidding around only right now? Hear that? Uh bird super Argentina and Brazil is actually a race war race war you co nipple best that she was awesome? Oh it's your first race war more? All right?
Speaker 1: What's would the pole get us? Poll Aiden Hudgson fifty nine percent this summer league? All right, so it's going around. It's like the seventh year of ESPN doing it. We just run it off with the quarterbacks. Jared goffing it up nine despite Neilton's top three.
Speaker 2: Chris is a pretty big guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Chris six seven, no sixty six sixty.
Speaker 2: Six, Yeah, big fellow, yeah big come. My mama's paying negative to Yeah, no vert he did in the game of basketball. If Nick was christas heart he'd be a D one athlete. If Nick was christas Hearty, he'd be Lad McConkey at least Division two. Uh.
Speaker 1: Far more racist in Europe or America.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Asian oh, Asia, super racist. Yeah you see the Japanese Twitter Dude, really you hit translated tweet on that.
Speaker 1: Goddamn I like that feature, by the way, Yeah, it's pretty cool. Instagram is kind of weird with it because they'll do it the videos.
Speaker 2: And it makes me uncomfortable. Instagram comments, good to you. You turned Spanish? You know sometimes sometimes it changed the language on Instagram? What it filtered? You just in Spanish for some reason?
Speaker 3: What the hell?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: For sure, I'm sing.
Speaker 2: It was actually pretty sounded pretty good.
Speaker 3: That's that's actually sick. I gotta get a video, Nick Grays Los t Gray.
Speaker 4: Yes, it was something like that, shin I don't even know almost.
Speaker 3: No, No, that's.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 1: We had a big debate. Yeah, during the Michael Parsons trade. Ye, who would you rather have? Yeah, hunch of Parsons.
Speaker 3: I was on the wrong end of that one. Okay, is that the question?
Speaker 2: Wait, who's you rather have? What end do you want. He was unhutched.
Speaker 3: I was on hotch coming off of the injury.
Speaker 4: I thought he flashed that he could be the best of one of the best players in the league, better than Michael Parsons, because he was on track to set the sack record prior to getting injured. He didn't come back and show that same guy this season, which is okay because you can't go out and set the sack record every year. But after what I saw Mikah Parsons, you know, and what he did to this Detroit Lions team in that first game, it was wrong.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm still going with hutch I wrong. I look at I need to see Michael Parsons come back from his devastating injury that he's coming off of. Aiden Hutchinson, coming off of that nasty leg break with a subpar defense around him, was top five and Defensive Player of the Year voting. He had almost twenty sacks on the season, and like we said, full boar, Aiden Hutchinson with a healthy Alee McNeil was on track to have like thirty sacks in a season. So I do believe Hutchinson is right up there in that class of edge rushers. I think you had Miles Garrett ahead of everybody else, But then after that, when you talk about Michael Parsons, Max Crosby, Aiden Hutchinson, I think they are right there in the same breath.
Speaker 1: I think the Michael Parson's finished with more votes of Raight Hudson last year for Defensive Player of the Year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, even with the injury.
Speaker 4: He was on pace for like twenty two sacks though the year that he got injured, like twenty two plus set the record and stuff. He had fourteen and a half last season, So I'm like, I want him to get back up to like that Miles Garrett type number or at least impact, and I think he is pretty damn close. But it is just a couple steps below in my eyes, I think. And there's nothing wrong with that at all. Ian not just said, is one of the best offenders in the NFL.
Speaker 2: I think when you look at the factors of the defensive scheme and coordinator being you know, first year in question, some some things to work through there, Ali McNeil being out and then a shell of himself when he came back as the interior pressure piece. Your only other somewhat reasonable edge rusher being al Quadee Mohammad, who was a coverage sack artist. I think there are a lot of factors to why eight and Hutches had handed down here on top of coming off of the injury and his down year was still being one of your best players in the NFL. He was down here, Hudge, that was a I think Adrian Hutchinson will be closer to twenty six on more more seasons than not when he's healthy.
Speaker 1: I mean, the numbers with healthy one McNeil on the field are to you know, true and be tested throughout the tire of the season. You it would probably be that. But I think when you watch Aden Hutchson versus you watch Miles part or Michael Parsons.
Speaker 2: There's a difference. Brother.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's a clear difference in the way Mike's beating these guys. First how Hutches And I'm not discrediting Hutching anyway. Like I said, I'm love my guys. I'm always keep it a buck. Michael Parsons is the better as rusher of between the two, where at least it comes to get into the quarterback and that's where he was ranked as such in this NFL executives, coaches and scouts.
Speaker 2: What do you think Hutch finished? Do you already know? I don't know. I'll say fifth, it's probably i'd say Miles, Micah Max, Oh you saw it. I didn't. But those, I mean, that's the three best addressers in the league. Then Brian Burns maybe over him.
Speaker 1: There are four of them. Brian Burns is not one, but we are Will Anderson?
Speaker 2: Is it? I love I love Hutch. When you watch the film, these guys Will Anderson and my this ship looks different. Pretty It's like dominance. It's like, what the fuck is that? I mean, I've seen Hutch dominate plenty of people to like, you go watch that Tampa Bay game where he had three sacks in and just absolutely dominating anybody they put in front of me.
Speaker 1: Sure, do you know you know what stream tackle was in in that game? Yeahs be fair?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: Watching Will Anderson in practice last year, watch them no fucking joint practices. But I was like, what the fuck's different on the same field as Hutch by the way, to me, what the fuck is going on over there?
Speaker 2: Uh? Well, Underson was number three, michaeh Parts was number two.
Speaker 1: Obviously, Myles Garret number one, uh, Crosby four, Crowsby five.
Speaker 2: It's racist. I think that's fair. I'm yeah, I mean, I'm not gonna argue it either way. I just I fuck with hutch Michael Parsons kind of a turd, and that's for me. It's literally, I like hutch better. So I'm going with Hutch because I fucking I love Hudch. I like touch two. Michael Parson is the better dead rushers. Yeah, maybe this is a regular good place. I think Aiden Hutchinson is in that same class of regular good player.
Speaker 4: I think if Aiden Hutchinson wants to surpass obviously the Crosby, Parsons, Will Anderson, I guess you could kind of put that pretty close to each other. He is gonna have to hit like that eighteen nineteen sack mark. Yeah, this year he's gonna be hanging around number five, which is a great defensive end. Or if you're pairing, you know, if Brad went out and did make one of those big upgrades for another really good defensive end, you know, then I think you could see him take even that next level, that next step. Yeah, well, they can't put a tight end now in that tackle side. Every single time, and you know, get the help with the running back that way every single time. I don't think he's gonna I hope he gets there, but project, you know, seventeen, eighteen, nineteen sacks is a lot.
Speaker 3: But I mean Hutchinson, he is a guy.
Speaker 2: I think he's closer to twenty than he is fifteen this year.
Speaker 1: I think I think Labertini, you missed us Nick when he was here. To put it up perfectly, is like I probably put hutch On on the in Tier two for the top of the tier two when it's like you watch Miles Garrett beat triple teams, We've watched Michael Parsons beat triple teams. Like we can't always have this excuse for him. You know what I'm saying, At some point, if you want to be mentioned amongst Miles Garrett and Michael Parsons or even better than you gotta you gotta go out there and beat those triple.
Speaker 2: Teams and go get a sack. You know. That's kind of where I'm at with it.
Speaker 1: But again, him top five is not like I'm not shitting on him by any means. I just think there's there's levels and I'm happy to have any Hutchs on this team, He's a fucking dog.
Speaker 4: Do you think he's in there is an avenue for Hutchinson to get over these guys or have you seen enough throughout his career that he will not get there?
Speaker 1: If he can get back to playing run defense. I mean last year Hut kind of fell off in terms of like as a run defender, And I don't know if that's on purpose. I probably would maybe because he's like our own probably the only guy that really could trust to get after the quarterback. A little bit that could have been a little bit schemed there, but if he returned to that. Yeah, and you know what, I will say this to Nick Health, the only McNeil when hutch set those records for those first what six games it was, he was five. And if only that we get that vision McNeil, I think, numbers wise, you could be in the conversation for sure.
Speaker 2: I think so too.
Speaker 4: Do you think we will get that version of Alee McNeil.
Speaker 2: I hope so, Man, We need them. I do too, Man, there's so many questions. We need them me more than we fucking know it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, as we get closer, I might start getting more hope.
Speaker 2: Oh, by the way, Oh yeah, we will. We all will real quick. That's how it happens. Man, before we go to talk Pistons. Roger McCreary not a great nickel. I'm not not good.
Speaker 1: No, that's why I got signed for dirt cheat this year. Don't fall for that hype. I'm telling you, ladies of it. Please do now fall for the hype. You know, the Rams acquiring all these fucking Infinity Stones to go win the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: He was he was supposed to be that piece last year. He was garbage ass. Roger mccreeden's don't don't fall in Keith Abney's gonna be starting in that spot by the end of the year. Guys, I love you. You're gonna write article called Roger mcrey Oh we're good. We're not. We're not, We're not. No fire. I don't even remember, uh. Before we get off the lists and the rankings, A lot of you guys in this chat, and I remember you, a lot of you guys talked a lot of shit about me when I said the Lions should get Leonard Williams. Do you know who was ranked the number one defensive tackle in the National Football League by coaching and scouts. Leonard Williams, I saw the attack. Yeah, that guy kind of blew that blew of mind. I also wanted letter Williams.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when that trade went down, I was kind of just pointed because it felt like something that was very doable for this very doble I've loved les a jet.
Speaker 2: It would have been nice to have if Alea McNeil was injured and you couldn't get interior pressure Williams.
Speaker 3: And what did he go for in that trade?
Speaker 2: A third round pick or fourth round pick or something like that. It's been trade twice the last couple of years. We see maybe he's an asshole for Tesla. I don't care if he's asshole.
Speaker 3: We don't trade for assholes.
Speaker 2: We only Drew, We only sign him at cornerback. Oh yeah. It was a second and fifth, second and fifth, so pretty steep, very doable.
Speaker 13: Though, has Brad traded a first or a second? So you're saying, and it's rakestraw and who is even the fifth round pick? And it's in Vaki for Lena Williams.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do that. I do that for sure.
Speaker 4: You gotta take a shot on some of these guys, especially in a contract year you know sometimes like if they're giving them up, like go out.
Speaker 2: And do it.
Speaker 4: I'm still surprised that they haven't made a move for a cornerback, But maybe I'm not surprised because it's Brad.
Speaker 2: They're not gone there. Yeah, I'm not gonna I'm not surprised because the day happened, I was like, yeah, they're not gonna do anything. But it's kind of crazy.
Speaker 7: That man, what if your Brad Holzer, you're just terrified to make another cornerback decision for the rest of your life.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's gotta be like I said, you can't be whispering anymore. Man speak soundly. Find a good cornerback like rock Yes, in that's a good cornerback. You did that. Well, maybe don't draft anymore and just sign some.
Speaker 4: You traded a third rounder for Carlton Davis looked like one of the best cornerbacks in football last year when he was healthy for the New England Pats. So it's just how about you trade a third rounder, go get a solid cornerback.
Speaker 3: Please go get a starter.
Speaker 2: This second and fifth for Winning Williams.
Speaker 1: The Giants common free agency before that, let's go to break, break.
Speaker 4: Thrive I'll tell you about Thrive because most people think energy comes in a sixteen ounce can full of sugar and neon colored liquid.
Speaker 3: But you know better.
Speaker 4: Send upgrade your game with Thrive Energy Pouches, no jitters, no sugarcash, zero bloating. Thrive can be found online at dipstop dot com. Remember to use promo code WSN for fifteen percent off your entire order and exclusively at all Market Fresh and Market Square locations. If you're looking for a little extra punch on a night out, Thrive Energy is perfect for that, or if you just need to get through the day when you're tired. Thrive Energy make sure to check them out.
Speaker 6: Jimi and Gimes Breakout season.
Speaker 1: Bloating Inshots to the EPHOD Touchdown, Woodward.
Speaker 5: Sports the most dominant Detroit sports coverage around.
Speaker 10: It's game on at artin Jakes, wings Burgers, pizza and ice cold drinks served up with attention to detail, Wall to Wall TV's great service and a vibe that keeps your crew coming back. Artin Jakes a sports bar setting with a fine dining flavor.
Speaker 12: Rive Energy Pouches give me the energy and clarity to find and beat the ship out of every opportunity that shows his face.
Speaker 2: And directel back on sat SE create the Wave, Weekend flash coat swinging, get your headshot, point blank dead stop.
Speaker 12: Sixteen ride Energy pouches are for the people who actually want to win, not for the cry babies out there who are happy with the participation award.
Speaker 2: There's zero show, so give thriving drunk.
Speaker 5: A ton of fun, a ton of sports, and a ton of Welcome to the Woodward Heavyweights live daily.
Speaker 2: Boom Cannabis. Go to Loom dot com to find a location near you today. He's promo code WSN thirty to get thirty percent off your order and make sure you check out their new buzzing energy drinks one hundred milligrams of caffeine seven and a half milligrams THC in the can. They are delicious. Go check them Out's Loom dot com WSN thirty for thirty percent off.
Speaker 1: What I'm going back whatever weights lack of supports dot com, He's your wets fimilation Chris Nicholas call off shout to the Dundata, a big support of the network, to watch the weekend show. He says, Stick said he thinks we'll re sign TA if he clears his name. Stick also has going undefeated.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: They also said in the same show Sticking Broder, no surprise that Jared Goff will win mvp' stop it, I've clipped it.
Speaker 2: I clipped it for him. It's just that's just what it is. I just these are people calling me, smooth brain. He will Yeah, he will win MVP. I mean, they would have to go sixteen.
Speaker 1: Now, it's just the context of why number nine is the reason why he won't win MVP.
Speaker 2: Like, no one's looking.
Speaker 1: At us like JG's He's one fucking making this offense.
Speaker 2: Bary Gibs would win MVP before Jared Goff if the Lions were that good, more than likely. And that's what they being a quarterback award. Yeah, I don't know. JJ might get over you made.
Speaker 1: I don't think JJ want to fucking sniff it.
Speaker 2: I maybe you're a top three. If Matt Ryan can win the MVP, Jared Goff can win the MVP, I'll stay, I'll stay. I'll stay on that. I'm not a Matt Ryan guy. I don't know.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 2: But that was a down year. The Lions would have to go like fifteen and one because Jared Goff. Jared Goff would have to yet they'd have to win. They'd have to have by far the best record in the NFL, and Jared Goff would have to lead the NFL in like yards and touchdowns. They'll only have like eight interceptions if they wanted to win MVP. He won MVP in twenty sixteen and really wasn't that good. Like his stats weren't great. It was just the Falcons were the number one team in the league. But do you think that the media learned their lesson from that one?
Speaker 1: He had thirty eight touchdowns to seven interceptions, But it was a down year for a competitive vie to like who I think that's Brady was suspended that year? I think so too, And then remember he came back. He was fucking Brady was on one when he came back from that subvention.
Speaker 2: That was fucking nuts. I'm just wondering who was the wide receiver? It was Ridley? Then, no, it was well, it might have been Ridley, Julio and Ridley twenty sixteen Falcons pulling it up right now? Second leader?
Speaker 1: Was it not still right? No? Wait, that was a Mohammed Sanu Maybe yep, that's deserving of something like Okay, okay, difference.
Speaker 2: Here, Austin Hooper is the tight end. Tight end was Austin Hooper. We all knew that, though. Yeah, we all knew that. Davante Levante to Smith and Tevin Coleman as the running backs. That's way different. Sweet team, Yeah, good team. We're winmer stacked though. Yeah, I think better than Rogers for sure. Who was the top of the top for sure.
Speaker 1: I'm saying like, when you have a we got he ain't gonna get no m v P.
Speaker 2: Brother. Yeah, that's true. Theyre gonna tell you were carried. That's true.
Speaker 1: Unless you're doing like fucking Josh Allen stuff. That guy's a fucking freaking by the way, he was number one on that list. I saw it summerly though. A Buka Corey game too. We guys sweat bolts a little bit because we went we went full slappy with it on Friday.
Speaker 2: Why do we talk about Abuka? Okay, you had a tough game this game too? Did he get very well? I saw a couple a couple uh nice plays that I like to see, where he was drawing in the defense, making nice dribble moves to getting in the lane and kicking it out to wide open shooters. He still has some great finishes in the second game too. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I just the part that was surprising me with the turnovers. He has some sloppy turnovers, was like he's fucking like throwing a halfway across woll.
Speaker 2: I didn't see that in the Stanford film. Yeah, what the fucking happened there? Brother?
Speaker 7: Yeah, that part and steels that part kind so seven steals. I watched that specifically because I was actually out with my family. Well that game was happening to shout out. So I went back and I went back and I watched all of his highlights and literally all seven of his steals were not NBA steals in my opinion, agree, like four of them were Summer League passes, and then the three that he poked out that dude, I don't know who that dude was.
Speaker 2: But he did not have NBA handle Like. It was just it was just Look.
Speaker 7: It's exciting though, because if Abuka can become some type of stocks turnover machine that can that can kind of help offset the fact that he is going to be a defensive target, and that is something that is that is the only thing that probably knocked him from being a top you know, a for sure lottery pick, if not top ten in this draft class. So to me, I would say that the steals don't buy them. It was a lot of Summer League for gay Zy bullshit, you know, dribbling off foot, bad passes, all that stuff.
Speaker 2: That he was the benefactor of the turnovers? How many you end up finishing with in game two? Do you remember? I know I watched to myself. I believe three in this game.
Speaker 7: So he has he had turnovers for this game yes last or the game against the Cavs yesterday he had three, and I'll check.
Speaker 2: With you today.
Speaker 7: So yeah, so not but not bad though, because each time you had more assistant turnovers, so he.
Speaker 2: Still had a positive ratio.
Speaker 7: And I'm gonna chalk that up the same way I'm chalking up I'm kind of like discounting the steals. I'm also going to i'd have to rewatch them, but I also kind of put some discount in turnovers too, because you're playing with guys that you don't have a feel for, you don't have you haven't practiced with a lot. There was one where Lily, yeah, I gotta I do got to rewatch to make sure. But I think that part of that is the just the mad of summer league. It's it's unorganized, it's it's kind of pick up basketball. That's why it's so hard to tell who's going to translate to the next level.
Speaker 2: I do they agreed one hundred percent, Chris. When you're talking about like sets and running offense efficiently and stuff like that, that's not what you look at for summer league. I'm looking at NBA moves, NBA shot making, NBA decision making. And I saw him have a very nice hesitation dribble at the top of the three point line, get into the lane and kick it out to chansl near for a wide open three. It was a great move and a great assist. So that stuff that he's gonna have to do. And when you know, coming off of the bench for the Pistons, which is probably gonna be doing, you're gonna have shooters now, so he's gonna have guys that can knock down outside shots. And if he can get into the lane and draw the defense, uh, he's gonna have So he's gonna have some success. So I like what I've seen out of him so far. They haven't really asked him to try to take over offensively, which like you talked about it in times that he did.
Speaker 1: Though, like the finish he was there, and the one thing I asked for specifically Friday was like, I'll see with the right let's see what the I feel like he must have been fucking listening because he had. I had a lefty finishes and some man ones.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was gonna see that stuff.
Speaker 1: And you know the contact contact part too, yes, like through the contact getting the call. There was one where we didn't get a call. I think he could have got one there too, was like, that's why I've expected of him. Like the turnovers, obviously, you don't love to see that. The two that I saw, I was like, Okay, that was That's what you expect to see. Have a rookie year guy. I only played one year point guard, jumping up a level to the NBA Summer League and even though it' still the summer league, expect some of that. But the finishing is like where what I what I bought you for? You know what we invested in when we were traded up to get that pick, and I saw that, So that's what I'm looking for it's crazy to say it like.
Speaker 7: That, Yeah, because that was like the one thing that was like a knock on his tape too, But that was also to say it. But I think, yes, I think you have to be overall encouraged. I mean, look, you have guys like Darius A. Cuff that were at the top of the draft that everybody was fawning over myself included going nine for twenty nine and games, So you can't look at the shooting performances. Yeah, some people might put up tour dates in that, but that happens a lot. Trey Young did that, you know, a Lonzo Ball did that. Like, there's a lot of there's a lot of players that went on to have great NBA success that have had bad shooting performances in the summer League.
Speaker 2: Chas Lanier one of them. I was gonna say, speaking of shooting, Chaslanier has fifteen three pointers in the last two games.
Speaker 7: Averaging twenty four and a half points per game. Did Cade find his Robin.
Speaker 2: Could be starting starting two hard chas Lanier.
Speaker 7: I want to say this because my whole thing I was saying with him was that I just believe that that guy is capable of being an NBA role player. I understand that in this in this team, with the depth, with the with the people that you have over him, you're not giving chas Lanier minutes per se.
Speaker 2: But I just think that that's a player that I.
Speaker 7: Could see being a being a you know, marksman off the bench for a team. Hell if Gary Trekk could get sixty four million dollars, yeah, then then then chas Lanier for nine million over four years is an absolute steal. Best contract in the league.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Honestly, the Garry Trent just like eight.
Speaker 7: Like they have to invest I saw that the NBA can actually investigate that, and I'm like, no, the punishment should just be you have to pay that contract.
Speaker 2: You just got Carry Trent for sixty four million dollars. That's your punishment.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Like what's like what You're just gonna avoid them of that contract and bail them out of that.
Speaker 2: That's ridiculous. Chat You guys got to relax, man, you guys are aggressive. I don't know, I've just been seeing in fighting. Bro Listen, we like to keep clean chat room, all right, Yeah, no fighting, just just be respected, no fight, no.
Speaker 3: Name calling, no fighting, no fighting.
Speaker 2: Dumb bitches, stupid fucking wars. Where we are? We got a break?
Speaker 4: What's been your guys biggest takeaway of the Summer League? Is it obviously the back to back kind of game struggling or is it chas.
Speaker 1: Luc book and finished book and finishing?
Speaker 2: For me, that's yeah.
Speaker 1: I didn't get to watch this game obviously because we've been doing the show and prepping for the show.
Speaker 2: Why not.
Speaker 1: I don't know what it started their the day, but but the chats like him shooting is like, I think it could be a little bit more of a conversation than we're leading on is because like it's kind.
Speaker 2: Of Tim Duncan Robinson. Is that almost like Tim Robinson?
Speaker 1: Hey, he could do a little bit more than that with the passing and you know whatnot like sure about that, but like that's a guy that could fit with Kkun, Like you can put him on the floor if you can shoot, if you get open shoot, all right, we can.
Speaker 2: Put on the floor with Kate.
Speaker 1: So I think there's a little bit more to that and Summer League defense versus NBA defense, But the same could be said with the hype I'm given.
Speaker 2: But he's got a pure as shot dude and a quick trigger too.
Speaker 7: That's what you like about it too, Like he's one of those like he just green light.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess it's I just never bought in with him because of the age.
Speaker 2: That's fair. That's fair. But you could shoot, like brother, you gotta you could. But you know, team, I believe that.
Speaker 7: I believe that if you're coming into the NBA, even at like twenty two, twenty three years old, you could still carve out as a role player. And that's all I ever expected them to be, you know, That's all I ever expected him to be in this league. But yeah, I think the biggest takeaway for me personally pissed the summer league is that Abuka just looks like the real deal, Like this guy I don't know, Like, I just continue to have confidence in him being a potentially twenty point per game score on his rookie contract at some point, I think he's that good thirteen three, thirteen and three look that I thirteen three. I kind of push back on that first, I think I think I might be wrong on that. I think I might be wrong on that. He's shown everything the versatility.
Speaker 1: Uh oh for from three today for Corey, Yeah, but again, I didn't watch any of the context he creates by himself for the fucking last minute chocolack.
Speaker 2: I don't like that.
Speaker 1: I don't know, so I will watch back tonight in the third game three. But I'm still impressed with Buka Corey. Yeah, and there's still people arguing back that uh, jay NY's better.
Speaker 2: I just let you guys know it's in there and that he's that he's Marcus Sassar's evil twin or.
Speaker 7: Some shit like here, dude, like crazy the truth, you guys are gonna you guys are gonna see.
Speaker 2: I think he's really really good.
Speaker 1: I think it's too easy for people to have opinions on basketball like with football.
Speaker 2: This one. No, I'm just serious.
Speaker 1: It's like it's like you watch it, went didn't or don't always good or football. There's some complexity a little bit behind it. I'm saying, between the play calling and whatnot. Like basketball, you can just say whatever, and you can have to sit to back it up with whatever.
Speaker 2: Too, because it's like he scored that many points.
Speaker 1: So I'm right, all right, dude, Well, I have to go back and look at j Navy Summer League performance and get a year one two, though, did.
Speaker 2: He miss a couple of games to begin with? I thin you can play the first one that missed a few. I don't know. You may be right, I don't know.
Speaker 1: The only Chazz in Detroit sports is Chazz Batch. My Batch Jersey goes hard. Twenty years later, Adam from the d shout out to Chazz. I think about Charlie Betch. Yeah I got him, Chazz.
Speaker 3: Probably.
Speaker 7: I gotta lock in on the tape about the second about the second round pick, though I haven't because I said I missed last game today. Yeah, I missed most of today's game, and then I also missed out some word last game.
Speaker 2: Because the family.
Speaker 7: But he looked he looked good stat line wise, and yeah, game two yesterday, So I gotta I gotta watch the tape.
Speaker 1: Fun fact, my very first memorable Madden loss. I'm sure I had one before, but against my friend's dad, shout Tony.
Speaker 2: We were playing to oz Lions. I was a dog at Madden as a kid. I just was.
Speaker 1: I don't know, kings plaining why, maybe a littitism.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I just was really good at Mad.
Speaker 3: Everyone else dunk.
Speaker 1: I'm talking tournaments and everything could have been it. I was playing my friend's dad, Tony. I'm beating him. I take out Ben Roethlisberger and now I'm talking ship, little ten year old me talking ship.
Speaker 2: They grown ass man, Oh you fuck now? You know. Charlie Badge comes in.
Speaker 1: He fucking worked me and it was giving me the history of lesson on Charlie Batche Detroit Liane the entire time.
Speaker 2: I fucking hated it. Shout Tony.
Speaker 4: But yeah, fun fact, all right, break all right, I got six by bj ROGI one time completely had money on the game.
Speaker 2: I think I've had that happen to be too for that was a glitch or something. It must have been. It must have been a Madden glitch.
Speaker 4: There was money on the game. And then my other friend goes, bj show me what you never forget.
Speaker 2: There was a basketball game back in the day.
Speaker 1: I don't remember what it was, but the creator was a Pistons fan and he put NBA jam NBA jam.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 1: He put code in it that if there was the last final minute, Michael Jordan versus pisses he missed every shot. Yeah, I felt like that was a that's something like that with bej rodging that in that Matt because remember him whooping some mass on me too with an interception.
Speaker 2: My two uh two craziest walkoffs. I hit a walk off like full court hail Mary with Jared Jack. It was like got the rebound off of a miss free throw cush shout out coach Jared Jack. And a walk off mid range jumper with Kendrick Perkins. Yeah, that's crazy. My friend walked home after that. Yeah, I would have been on watch. That was a good one. Dial the number. Let me tell you about amnesia. If you lost a game of two k by a mid range jumper from Kendrick Perkins, you might want some amnesia. You can find it and pretty much any dispensary near you today. Grabbed the switch. It's got two flavors of THCA liquid diamonds in one. You press a button, you hit one, you press it, hit another, or you press it again and you hit them both. So just ask that hot bud tender at any dispenser and near you today for amnesia, and you'll be like, oh damn, you know amnesia, And then hey, but all right right in there, baby, go check it out. It's amnesia.
Speaker 5: For more Detroit Tigers coverage, make sure you subscribe to Woodward Tigers on YouTube. Old Tigers all the time for.
Speaker 6: The hardcore Detroit sports.
Speaker 5: Fans who can't get enough for the Motor Cities teams. All season long, you'll get non stop Tigers contents from on field interviews, postgame reactions, and roundtable insight from Woodward Sports.
Speaker 6: The hunting season is almost here, Detroits, and you're Lions are on the prow.
Speaker 5: Make sure you're locked into Woodward Sports for all the Dan Campbell reactions, Jared Goff touchdowns, COmON Roth first downs, Kenny pancakes, Kirmy picks, Jim's big plays, and of course Jack flocks his leg. Stay locked in on all your Lions coverage right here on Detroit's number one sports networks.
Speaker 2: The Gold Crowd is where it's at right now.
Speaker 1: They got the Royal Justice that are quad and fused one and a half grams of each, Keith Coder Live, residente Fuse, TC Diamonds, interpedes all packed in the one.
Speaker 2: These ain't your grandma's pre rolls.
Speaker 1: He's a real deal and what I watch when I make front of Mike Clay of ESPN. Also, let me tell you, guys, Chris about the massage chair house.
Speaker 2: My guy, doctor Eric duncanholt down the Court.
Speaker 1: Of Award along Lake Road, where you will find the large massage to your showroom this side of the Mississippi might need a little massage after Nick interrupted, Chris or the show.
Speaker 2: Goddamnit? Whatever they welcome back to whatever? Which live more sports dot Com.
Speaker 1: Mail bag, nail bag Wall, you're back? Bail bag or story time you guys? You guys like story time. I thought of one today that I know I'll tell. If that's what they want, I'll put a pull up. It's a fairly recent one. Actually, I'll just tell it.
Speaker 2: Sounds like you just want to tell the story, Yep, I do, all right, everybody. You ever have a campfire one time? No?
Speaker 1: H I got a friend in Mike harrisbe Maybe some of you guys know him. He's a fucking he's a clown. You see him on the streets of Mount Clemmons. Hilarious guy. And I've always wanted to meet Spinning and come by the show because I want him to be our original sound guy. But he's just he's making like too much money, so whatever, fucking funny guy, he'll say whatever. He's crazy as fuck. So I told him like he's coming to the opening day party, gave some passes whatever, and I'm like, yo, you meet Spinny. You gotta funk with him.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was like, he went to center line and he was a swimmer. So him and Spinning bumped up to each other like dur An opening Day this past year, and he's like, yo, you went.
Speaker 2: To ciner line, right, And so he's like, yeah, you swim. So he's like yeah, He's like, you had that weird dick right. He was like wait what Yeah, yeah, you're the guy, the weird dick. Right.
Speaker 1: He's trying to lead him on too, in the succession of saying yeah, like.
Speaker 2: Wait what regular dick game, regular game, regularly having a good dictator today, you know, woke up swanging pretty good. Thanks man. Just in case you're wondering, like you said, thanks, thanks man. A good hair day. Yeah yeah, yeah, he was like, I was hammered, d You're the one with a weird day.
Speaker 1: I saw us when he hit the mister crabs me even in real life. He was like, that was funny.
Speaker 2: Shot the Mike Harris. I'm have to get him up here one time. Shot mayould do.
Speaker 1: A food review with him. He's a big foodie, that motherfucking cook. All right, your urn for first story, because only any mail bags.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I feel like most of my stories just involved Darius and I don't want to do them that. You don't you have to give his name out. But now you already talks about you remember your first sack middle school or high school? My first sack? Yeah, yeah, it was the pastor of my youth ministry. It was in middle school at some point. I don't I don't really, it doesn't really stand out. Probably just one of those like stumbled into it type of things. What was your best game ever? Probably New Haven my uh senior year at four sacks in the first half. Hell yeah, that's pretty sweet. We lost, but I was due. I was freaking out. I was screaming at halftime, like what the fuck are we doing? Because we were down, like we were down like two scores. Like now my three secon game you lost year. I have told that story.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: They fucking they coached me up real good. They fucking got my dumbass chasing go up his gap.
Speaker 1: He's fucking running up field every time. Uh, spinning easy and Nick and Chris my brothers from another mother. What are your thoughts on speculation about Connor possibly switching back to boxing to fight Floyd once more.
Speaker 2: That sounds like the ultimate money grab by the UFC. Floyd needs them. I watch, Yes, Yeah, I wouldn't even watch.
Speaker 3: I would watch.
Speaker 1: I probably would watch, But it's like, we saw what happened the first time. Why do we need to see it was such a dominant performance. Do we need to see a fucking reimagine it? I mean, what the I mean?
Speaker 2: Ray Guitardo's says Spencer is the only lineman I've ever heard of swimming. Yeah, I was the only fat guy at States.
Speaker 1: I did hear about the offensive line coach and try to gets me to go to wrestle shout out Dave that he's a fucking demon who reps four fifteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's uh, he's one of the most impressive physical specimens I've ever seen him my entire life. Like my he was the offensive line coach at our high school. He was the wrestling coach. He's like I would say, probably six five six six, probably like three hundred fifteen, three hundred and twenty pounds, the fastest human being I've ever seen in my life, Like he was hawking down like our running backs at because we would just we would fuck with him, like because he's literally like an ogre like, so it'd be like, yeah, like the six of us offensive linemen and like the two like running backs that were wrestlers that would you know, fuck with him too because they knew him like that. Yeah, and so we'd like rock up to him. One of us would just blindside push him, and then somebody else would come in and shoulder him, and then we'd all just scatter. He's hawking people down, dude, grabbing you buy your shoulder pads, throwing fucking three hundred pounds offensive lineman ten yards.
Speaker 1: I met a guy Friday who said he hit his PR four fifteen. Yeah, and he said, Dave came into the locker room laughing, sat down, and.
Speaker 2: Yet, dude, he's a freaking He's a freak Dave. That's my guy mail bag.
Speaker 1: How fast will be the switch up if the Tigers make the playoffs?
Speaker 2: Oh? You know it?
Speaker 1: I'd had to ask what were tigers? Guy, because they always talked Tigers. I know it's during that win streak, not so much.
Speaker 4: I felt bad for Maz on that first day that he was in I was able to tune in for about fifteen minutes. Holy hell, they were attacking ass like I've never seen. Like he was a wild animal in there, just yelling at Mass making him trying to trying to fool Mas because he had some hope, he had a little positivity, he had a little optimism, and he was getting clowned.
Speaker 3: He was getting cooked.
Speaker 4: Well. Mas was right for the start of it when they won four straight games to start the home stand. Yeah, and win six games in a row in nine of ten. I do think this Detroit Tiger team is gonna get closer to five hun before the deadline, maybe even hit five hundred before the deadline, and then.
Speaker 3: We'll see what they do.
Speaker 4: And yeah, I mean it sucks they lost to you know Cy Young, contending Sanchez and you know Wheeler. But at the end of the day, this Detroit Tigers team is playing really good baseball. They have a really good pitching staff, and they have some guys that are coming into their own and Glabor Torres is getting healthy. I'm not counting this team out at all. And we know this is the worst American League of all time, and you want to say, oh, the Yankees are a powerhouse. The Yankees also have Max Freed, who notoriously chokes in the playoffs. And who is the best player that always chokes in the playoffs? Aaron Judge, Who do they play for? The New York Yankees? So, like, I don't want to hear it. You saw what happened with Schlitler when the Tigers played up took him for like six runs in the first inning.
Speaker 3: We like Shitler exactly, So I don't want to.
Speaker 4: I just think like people are overly one way or another with this Detroit Tiger team, Like let it play out. When they play well, talk about how they're playing well, how are they doing it? Just like there and if they're playing bad, let's talk about how they're losing games. But it seems like everybody is so decisive on one like one side or the other.
Speaker 1: And literally happened to were screamings like what side. I'm like, you guys are arguing, You arguing yourself, like you scream all the time, and you argue he was screaming, and neither you had. It's like up in the air right now. The Tigers KG because I don't even KG because he has because he has Nelon Sean who influencial guys, and they were losing. He's got that mindset like the tigers are cooked, they're done whatever. And then Boomers, you know, positivity. He was like, you can't say that, and I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, it's exactly what Nick saying. Just you gotta watch it fall out. I love how Boomers says, you can't say that to everybody. They all say, they all say it.
Speaker 1: I was dying, like you can't just yew me to win an argument. That's I love you, Boon, that's and you know that. Yeah, that's what you do. Super chat real quick though from showtime tape, got the dogs shout out easy, legendary, mighty drop on Lindsay lmao, Yeah, piece of guys, piece of shit, Evan Foster's mail bag, Lindsay.
Speaker 2: Graham, Oh yeah, I don't know the mail bag.
Speaker 1: Do you think we made a good decision on Corey at pick seventeen, at what was left at that point in the draft.
Speaker 2: I think it was a hell of a pick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it took me minute to you know, get over us not trading it to go grab kid number two. But I think draft wise grabbing that kid at seventeen was a steal. I think he's better than Ivy and you got Ivy at five and it's a home run. Yeah, mill bag.
Speaker 2: Who is the tightest.
Speaker 1: Sneaker game at Woodward at Spencer Morgan, Reaxster, Yeah, far by a mile.
Speaker 2: Braylan Braylan too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Fellas, I got a spicy Speaking of whole first round pick, yeah, I got his spending in that race.
Speaker 3: I don't see Braylan enough to see his shoes.
Speaker 2: But yeah, got a shoe game for sure.
Speaker 4: Speaking of first round picks, the Tigers took a right handed pitcher out of Coastal Carolina. Fluky, lookout for the article tomorrow. I got it over to kool aid. Uncle Terry was off the phones today. I was trying to blow them up a little bit, but article coming out. But I had a little bit of a sneak peek that what you could see in this article. If we could play that from a question real quick, Fellas, Yeah, all right, play this is camera Fluki first round pick Detroit Tigre. Aspect of your game that you take pride in and what is one part of your game you want to work on a little bit more as you enter the minor leagues with the Detroit Tigers.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I think one thing I take pride in is my mental game. I'm very focused in my mental game. Past two years, I've dug really deep in and especially this past year we're had a little bit more off time in season because of the injury. Obviously, I dug really deep into the mental game, all the routines I have on the mound, building my day out, stuff like that. And then one thing I'd like to develop is probably one weight gain. I think I have twenty more pounds to put on and it could help me throw harder, kind of have pretty much make everything that I throw better. I think that's that's a big thing.
Speaker 3: What's the biggest shout out?
Speaker 2: Shout out? We got a chat in there from uh Jesse Woodward. He says, when's the next wilburd Wings stream tomorrow four fifteen Tuesdays and Thursdays. Make sure you tap in post shout out to all you guys On Saturday, Man, that was that was over five k on Saturday on Wilburd Wings.
Speaker 1: Xavier D did I'm missing thing. I think the first segment now where you open the intro, but like I mean the intro is pretty funny. Yeah, Andrel's pretty good. But the Mike Clay, there's the ESPN guy that got got and he had a coming.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you's he wants to dark cash. I want Mayweather McGregor fight with MMA rules. No, nobody wants that. Would I would take that over the boxing match. It would be just as one sided, though, I would give it to me. Pause. Hey, but I mean McGregor kind of washed, not that washed. He would literally just have to walk up to he can't walk. He's hurt him so I can't walk, I think, and that was how he would be see Floyd Wether get his ass whooped. Even in this scenario, I think Connor McGregor would beat Floyd Mayweather and an MMA fight if he had his broken leg. Yeah, probably like he would just literally if he grabbed him, it'd be over.
Speaker 1: I think it'd be funner or I don't know how long that would last, could probably fall off.
Speaker 2: But even blindfold Connor, you know that I'm down to see.
Speaker 1: Get his ass kicking in any circumstance. To be honest with any man that hits a woman, and Deron to Day was included, I think I'd love to see those guys.
Speaker 2: In the min matches, let it happened.
Speaker 1: They won't do it though, so they only fight women in M matches, not men.
Speaker 2: Oh well, that'll do it for us today. Appreciate you tapping him. Make sure you smashed that like button and subscribe to the channel for Easy for Nick for Chris. I am Spencer with the Heavyweights and we'll catch you guys tomorrow. Peace,