Speaker 1: We're live back again at seven pm, the time that I announced not well. Actually we are in the studio apartment in Queens. I was trying to see if I could go use my new spot.
Speaker 2: But it's raining right now. I don't got time for that.
Speaker 1: It's a it's raining cats and dogs. I remember some of the poodle you know, mhm. But yeah, I got sick to don't go out in the rain. Kids like you get sick.
Speaker 2: I think I got the German measles. Excuse me, but anyway, how are you feeling though? I'm good, You're good, I'm good. I'm here, I'm here my special.
Speaker 1: Guests Black Jade, not Jade, card Gill, not Corra Jade, but the black Jade.
Speaker 2: What's up? What's what's up? What's up? What's up?
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 2: How's your how's the day going? Like? How you feeling everything?
Speaker 3: This day flew by? Let me tell you?
Speaker 2: Like I hear that, I hear that.
Speaker 1: All right, okay, well just know right that if you're not feeling well, oh like no, mostly mentally you've got stuff going on.
Speaker 2: I just want to real quickly plug my.
Speaker 1: Sponsor at talk Space Online Therapy covered by all Inssurance if you need help, go get it all right.
Speaker 2: I recommend them personally because I've used them. So there you go. All right. Well that said, I'm here with my special.
Speaker 1: Guest today, Black Jade, professional wrestler who made her official debut this past January at Super Crazy Wrestling at the Super Crazy at a Super Crazy Wrestling trained by independent veteran Fay Jackson, who publicly expressed her pride in her pupil. So shout out to that real quick before I begin to things right, It wasn't like working with working with uh what do you call it?
Speaker 2: Fajackson training occurrent this that there was that like she is great.
Speaker 4: You know how some people say when a person walks in, they light up the room. I used to think that that wasn't true, you know, but that is definitely true in in fa Jackson's case.
Speaker 3: She's taught me a.
Speaker 4: Lot, and she continues to teach me, and she definitely backs up you know, her students.
Speaker 3: She calls some of us her kids. That's that's how close she feels to us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, okay, So out of Fajackson, I'm also a fan of her work.
Speaker 2: I've seen her. I see, I see I see her. I see her what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: But okay, so so before I so before you came on just now right like you said, you said, this day went by so fast, right like?
Speaker 2: But what were you up to before you came on?
Speaker 3: You know, you gotta go to that shoot job. You gotta get that nine to five.
Speaker 4: And I was doing that, ran around getting stuff done, you know, also had to make sure I got back here in time for this lovely experience.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I was running around like a chicken with their head but off we will.
Speaker 2: Get to nowhere. But I still appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, so real quick, So while I get organized here, just sorry, why about yourself? So like I read some of my notes about you that I'll be searching you. I'm try tell everybody else more about you real quick?
Speaker 3: Wow, more about me?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm training in Super Crazy under Fay Jackson, the wonderful guys of Primal Fair uh lead uh Adrian Soriano. Been doing that for a little bit over a year or so, maybe two years. Yeah, I'm just just trying to find my way in the world, you know.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, and so like, so about so you're in right, You're training as well. I still say finish, but like you're done with that phase and you're you're in, You're officially a professional wrestler, right You're you're broken.
Speaker 2: You know, I personally can't.
Speaker 4: I can't personally call myself a professional wrestler yet, because I feel like there is a lot of time you have to put in before you earn that you know that right to say it, And I don't want to insult those who are actually are, you know, but I definitely am on a different phase in my journey and I'm loving it every minute.
Speaker 2: Okay, you've scarcely begun exactly.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, see, I'm taking a risk now because I've I had to fire my research guy yesterday, so because I'm getting faulty research, so I think a risk by see the next thing, mm hm, assuming this is accurate, tell us about your time with skid Row Academy.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, skid Row Academy. That's under Super Crazy.
Speaker 4: That's uh the first training experience that I've had, and it's a great place to learn, full of wonderful personalities.
Speaker 3: Definitely learned a lot there.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay, okay, And it's it's it just you like like this the entire class.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, it's a big class. There's never less than maybe fifteen. I think of us in class right now. They're taking a hiatus. Yeah, but uh there's always a bunch of us.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay.
Speaker 1: And uh so that was your start, yes, okay, cool, cool, cool, okay, okay, okay, but so so real quick tell me it's like what's so what's your plan? Like, what's like what's for your career? Like, what's your plan?
Speaker 4: My plan is to stay consistently working everywhere I want to work. I want to work everywhere in the United States. Then go over to Japan, of course. That's I would love to go there and go over to England as well.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, and so I would I would only presume right that you I would only presume that, like you're an independent right now?
Speaker 2: Right? You're not signed anywhere?
Speaker 3: Correct? Independent right now?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: So other than other than the aforementioned super crazy right, like, has there been has there been anywhere else to wrestled?
Speaker 4: I officially wrestled at i j W just a couple of days ago. I think it was last Friday. Maybe I have some things coming up.
Speaker 2: Hopefully what's id W stand for?
Speaker 3: It's just wrestling.
Speaker 2: Okay. I like that.
Speaker 3: Very straight to the point. Pretty good.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, you said you talked about perhaps going to Japan and the UK and le's more over the US, right, Like definitely intent like end up Like most people tell me, you know, their end their endgame is you know, a W or t NA or WWE.
Speaker 2: Like what about you?
Speaker 3: You know, those are some great goals to have. I never really.
Speaker 4: Saw myself in those places. I mean, of course, if I get the chance, I'm jumping at it. But my my my goal right now is to just get my name out there and be known to have consistent good work anywhere I end up.
Speaker 1: Okay, So build up your build up what you call it, like your your credibility, your your resume on the on the independent scene mm hmm, your market your marketability suff Okay, okay, question where are you right now?
Speaker 2: Like we're based in I'm just curious. I'm just curious. Forgive me, I'm cured.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I'm I'm a Philly girl raised.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, so you're Philly right now?
Speaker 4: Okay, Yeah, you might read in my bio list says I'm from where hearts are broken and the weak are tested.
Speaker 3: That's Philly straight up.
Speaker 2: I was gonna ask you about that. I was like, like where you referring to miss you?
Speaker 1: I was gonna ask you about Like okay, cool, cool, cool, but uh, all right, I have for my notes for some reason, it doesn't really see the flow. But I'm just gonna go ahead and ask the next item that have So do you have Okay, so have you ever wrestled a male before, like a guy?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I just with my first intergender match that was at i j W Versus, Just saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, and like like, how did you feel about that?
Speaker 1: Like, like, because I was gonna ask you, like, well, apparently not well you taught me, but apparently so right, you don't have you have an issue?
Speaker 2: So like what are your thoughts like the gender wrestling?
Speaker 4: You know, I don't really have a problem with it myself. If someone does have a problem with it, that is their prerogative. I think that if you step into the ring as a wrestler, you are a wrestler first, and whatever gender or gender identity you have a second, just know what you're getting into and then don't complain, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: If something happens, so you believe in equal rights, equal fights for that, yeah, equal rights, equal lefts a couple of kicks, whatever gets the job done, you know, Okay, okay, okay, okay, but I gotta actually I got a text a stout.
Speaker 2: One of my people was in the hot line that I remember, yes because it's.
Speaker 1: Still new still excuse excluse o bro WhatsApp and I was seven five six, but this puts use the new hot line, which I will plug later on.
Speaker 2: I remember it.
Speaker 1: They asked me, do you consider yourself a heel or a babyface? M I'm whatever I need to be able to get the job.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, that would be huge to me.
Speaker 1: Nothing, you know, okay, okay, bet bet earlier earlier.
Speaker 2: That's long ago. Just now.
Speaker 1: We've asked you about your your planning for your career, and I asked you like more long term, like we were planning to end up, but you said, for now, we just want to put myself up and then out here offer later on pretty much right I have here, like what are your short term goal?
Speaker 2: And I guess I'll modify that question, like.
Speaker 1: I know it's sturry soon, very early for you right now but like, do you have anything particular in your.
Speaker 2: Sight, like a goal and accolade an opponent.
Speaker 4: Ah, right now my opponent is Sammy Chaos. She's up there, top of the top. So I'm gonna get good enough to you know, down with her in the ring.
Speaker 1: You know, a prize in mind that's chasing or just the eyes.
Speaker 4: On I I don't have a prize on my mind right now.
Speaker 3: If I get gold, then uh, it is what it is.
Speaker 4: But right now my short term goal is too Yeah, I mean get in there and show people what I can do.
Speaker 1: Okay, any matches, appearances in their future coming up.
Speaker 4: I have some things booked lined up right now. There's gonna be something in in uh revera mask coming up. Uh, something in Virginia is coming up. You know, things are not quiet pinned down exactly.
Speaker 1: But yeah it works, okay, And of course you can follow you on Instagram and whoever else if you ever like one of the like still impuls All right.
Speaker 2: Okay, cool cool cool? Uh well quick plug your plug your social media quick.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, you can probably find me blank Jade Underscore one on YouTube, Instagram and uh Facebook, yeah.
Speaker 1: Later on okay, okay, Uh, this person acts so you can the hotline.
Speaker 2: Who are you feuding with?
Speaker 1: I would I would have to guess knowing right now, but you but do do tell me.
Speaker 2: I was be so pers up with.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't have any feuds right now.
Speaker 4: I do have to get my get back with just saying because you know he got that win illegitimately.
Speaker 3: You know I don't dig that. But I have some some things in mind.
Speaker 1: Okay, is there anybody else in your site or just say mm hmm.
Speaker 4: You know, I don't want to drop names because I like to kind of play things close to the chest. You never want to let your plans be known fully. Always someone trying to throw a wrench in the giddy up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, oh.
Speaker 2: Thanks cooking, why strategy? Never show your hand never like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you get it.
Speaker 1: You have like like like Booky information that that we want to plug that I'll find here's Booky for Rustling show or whatever else.
Speaker 4: You can find me on Instagram, d m me there. My email is also in my bio out there.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, if you listen to this right, I'll probably put it like a description.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, but explain, explain, Explain your.
Speaker 1: Outfit that you wear like the end the mask, explain that you care and the and the color.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, black Jade is my name because it's my favorite stone. And when you see the actual stone is so dark green that it shows a bit of black. So I go with black and green for the colors, just to reflect the name. You know, I wear whatever I feel like wearing. There's no real set, uh.
Speaker 3: Look for me.
Speaker 4: Whatever I can uh comfortably grab somebody's neck, and I probably wear it.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, So you just said that the black Jade is your name because the Black Dade Stone. So how did you discover the Black Dade Stone?
Speaker 4: I Uh, I was kind of into art and things like that in history as well culture of Japan, and I saw this stone. Obviously, jade is a is a stone, and it comes in different colors. Some people believe that each stone has a meaning or a power to it, and uh, the way that I feel I am, I have a strength to me, a kind of a beauty to me, and I protect those who I care about. And it just so happens that the meaning behind black Jade is kind of a beautiful, powerful, protective warmth and I thought it matched me and my personality.
Speaker 3: Just very much, so to a tee. So I went with it.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, you one second. So while I find more questions from the listeners, I'm going to.
Speaker 2: Ask you, so what got you in? Like, well, what got you interesting?
Speaker 1: As in, like why did you choose wrestling as your career path?
Speaker 3: It was actually, uh, kind of my last dream.
Speaker 4: I love performing for people, and since I was a child about four years old, I wanted to act and sing.
Speaker 3: Once I got a little bit older, I kind of I.
Speaker 4: Grew up to a size that didn't quite fit the frame of a camera, you know, for film or on the stage. So I went with my last dream, and that was to try wrestling so I can perform as well as is my physicality.
Speaker 1: Okay, right, this person texted me you see you need to be numb comments and questions here.
Speaker 2: Uh she looks tough.
Speaker 1: She might be a black scary Serry. Okay, okay, do you do you know the further? Sorry mart so question?
Speaker 2: Did you so? Did you watch wrestling? Afford it or you? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've been watching wrestling since I was about four as well. I know, of course to.
Speaker 4: Sensational Sherry and her legendary feud with uh Luna Vashan, who should be in the Hall of Fame, by the.
Speaker 3: Way, but I'm gonna mention too much of that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was, I was. I was watching it back then. My favorite was Kazuna at the time, really hard.
Speaker 1: Yeah okay, So and you're still a fan.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm still a fan. Uh.
Speaker 4: I tend to watch older stuff right now. I love watching seventies wrestling because my favorite right now is an Ernie lad It can't so that's kind of where I stay. But I'm aware of the product today.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, do you and I know you say you watch most of the old stuff, but do you still follow the current stuff?
Speaker 2: Like no? And if so, like what do you follow in particular? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I catch matches when I can.
Speaker 4: I definitely watch to study as well. So right now, my my favorite. I love what Rhea is doing. I was watching j Cargirl as well seeing punk Uh yeah, rains all of them.
Speaker 5: Okay, alright, w w okay, okay, let me see. I'm gonna let me see.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna play it back. I'm trying to remember what she said, and while I do it, I'm gonna look for it. But I'm also going to ask you. I had Kim Cursten on this past week. I lost track of the days when you're an adults. Like week, she was like one long ass day.
Speaker 2: So it's not the pillion.
Speaker 1: I had her on this past week earlier today and I asked her she had things to say about you, and she said nothing particular. She's just pretty much said, if you want some, come get some. Anything you want to say to her.
Speaker 3: That I saw that. I'm aware of that. I saw a little of her stuff. I like her energy. Yeah, if she wants to mix it up with me, what do you guys say? Is the word? I'm there?
Speaker 1: Okay, do you have any plans coming to New York and wrestle. It's a huge, huge independency out here.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that's one of the places I want to go.
Speaker 4: I don't have any bookings yet along the line, but my heirs to the ground with that one.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, yeah, come come by. You can hang out, go get something to eat, do some business.
Speaker 2: I'm saying, I gotta.
Speaker 4: I gotta get a chop cheese, right, So I'm not gonna lie for like.
Speaker 2: So there's three New York's.
Speaker 1: You have Long Island, Upstate and the right and I came from Long Island into the Five Boroughs, right, so top set the stuff i'd like like learn. I still don't know the secret New York City's style hand just to get a cab.
Speaker 2: So yeah, but that love New York So I love your Okay, real quick, I don't I know you already plug your social media and bookings.
Speaker 4: But if we are plugs, but uh, yeah, Black Jane, I'm the score one Instagram, catch me on YouTube, catch me on Facebook. I got a TikTok, but I don't really go there much. I'm gonna start putting stuff up on there too.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The best way to get to me is my Instagram.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, do you have any merch coming out?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I got some merch.
Speaker 4: I got some t shirts coming out, some eight by tens and a couple of buttons.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, okay, cool cool, cool cool cool?
Speaker 1: All right, Uh but I guess before we wrap up, I'm let me ask you real quick, like, what can.
Speaker 2: We expect from you? What can we expect?
Speaker 3: I can expect to see me a lot more often.
Speaker 4: You know, now that I'm out and about, I'm definitely going to hit the ground running. You can expect to see uh different things for me. You may think I'm one thing and I'm gonna switch it up to show you something else. So as I always say, keep your eyes open.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, okay, cool, cool, cool. Well that's all.
Speaker 3: I have.
Speaker 2: Anything that you want me to ask you or say, or anything you want to stay for you.
Speaker 4: Hell, I just want to say to all the mothers out there, you know, have a happy Mother's Day.
Speaker 3: I think that's this weekend, and keep looking out for me.
Speaker 4: And uh you feel better by the way from food.
Speaker 2: Like this chimes small talk, I'll find be stupid.
Speaker 1: I got grit Zaney opener you know, jokes on that. But yeah, all right, well I gotta say it was a pleasure having you on. I'm all off material.
Speaker 2: And listen. You always welcome back.
Speaker 1: Just let me hit me up whenever if you want to cut a promo on a fence, if you want to, you know, talk to you did.
Speaker 2: I was saying, like, let me know what I'm saying. You always welcome here. Stay tuned. I think I'm back. I got your my calendar.
Speaker 1: I think I'm back here on Monday. Yeah j R all, I got him on Monday, So stay too for dad. If you don't know, if you don't, if you don't, I don't remember the date, If you don't, if you know the date in the time, just go on w s g GP radio dot com and it'll be like on the front page. I just go down a little bit speak of which that's where you can see this podcast and about if not, if not tonight, then you tomorrow morning. It will be out on that on there. And also every streaming major streaming platform there is, so Pandora, blueberry Apple, all of the various fruit you can hear podcasts on well check us out. And also right now, like we're like, you can catch us right now on video on YouTube YouTube music to check us out. But yeah, until then, until monday, until until monday, just just do if you just stay safe out of trouble, and I'll steal back then at the unspecific specified time and you can go find out.
Speaker 2: We're gonna dot com. All right, y'all, all right, peace, all right, for a second,