Speaker 1: You're listening to KFI AM six forty wake Up Call with me Amy King on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: KFI hand KOST HD two, Los Angeles, Orange County.
Speaker 3: KFI Radio.
Speaker 4: This is Mission Control, Houston.
Speaker 5: Please call station for a voice check.
Speaker 6: Station.
Speaker 1: This is Amy King with kfi's wake up call.
Speaker 5: How do you hear me?
Speaker 6: I can hear you loud and clear.
Speaker 5: It's time for your morning wake up call.
Speaker 3: I've landed and its name is Amy k. Here's Amy King.
Speaker 1: This is it's five o'clock. Stur right up this Friday morning, June sixth. This is your wake up call. I'm Amy King. We're live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. And whether you're listening online or listening on your radio and headed it off to work, we are happy that you are here. I am happy that I can still watch my Eagles. I know I'm obsessed. I know I talk about it too much. Thank you for indulging me. But it was so fun because yesterday the whole family was in the nest, and then and Gizmo, the younger one, was flapping, but not flapping that much, and I was concerned that she's just gonna give up because Sonny's come back to the nest, and they're like, oh, they're sisters and they're hanging out and mom and dad bring food, So why do we have to do anything? But then Sonny took off again, and it was so fun because then they have the the other camera and you could see Sonny flying through the sky and that kind of stuff. But she came back again. There's two of them in the nest, this small and the other thing that's interesting, and I think I mentioned this is that more people are watching now than we're watching when they first hatched.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 1: I think it's just it's just so cool to see if your nature in action, they're just beautiful. Okay, here's what's ahead on wake up call. Speaking of flying, a plane has made an emergency landing at lax. Happened shortly after takeoff early this morning. American Airlines flight fourteen forty five had just taken off for Dallas Fort Worth when it turned around. Emergency crews were scrambled. They responded the plane was able to land safely. We don't know yet what forced the emergency landing. LA County Supervisor Catherine Barger is taking some heat for deleting text messages following the wildfires in January. Mayor Bass has also been criticized for doing that. A spokesperson says the auto delete on Barger's phone is set to thirty days. Barger and Bass were apparently texting during the fires, but there's no record it. The power is back on in Orange County. It got knocked out to thousands of customers last night, most likely by a mylar balloon that came in contact with the power line. So Cal Edison says the balloon was probably tied to a graduation celebration. Lots of those going on right now. In twenty twenty four, my lar balloons triggered over five hundred power outages. Okay, here's the other stuff that we got coming up on wake up call. We have I love talking about spacey stuff. Another shot at a moon landing was at a soft lending or a crash landing. ABC's Jim Ryan's going to join us in just a couple of minutes to let us know about Japan's latest effort to land on the moon. Kfi's White House correspondent John Decker was with the President yesterday in the Oval Office. He'll be joining us at five point twenty to tell us about updates on tariffs, talk with President g and the feud that has erupted between the President and Elon Musk getting kind of nasty stick Sinners, and Cynthia Arrivo flies into the Tony's stage. Actually, I hope she flies onto the Tony stage. If she flies into it, it could be a bit of a mess that's coming up. With ABC's Willgans at five point fifty and speaking of stages, all the world's a stage, including your house. The house whisper Dean Sharp is joining us at the bottom of the hour to explain that one. Let's get started with some of the stories coming out of the KFI twenty four hour newsroom. An elementary student from Torrance who was detained by ICE is being removed from the country.
Speaker 4: Federal officials confirmed that nine year old Martyr Garcia Laura, a fourth grader at Torrens Elementary School, will be deported back to Honduras. Laura attended an immigration hearing with his father when they were separated, detained, and sent to an immigration facility in Texas. ICE officials told KTLA that in July of twenty twenty one, the boy and his father illegally enter the us ETA members and teachers from Laura's school are asking for help because they're concerned for his well being.
Speaker 1: Heatherbrooker KFI News. Govinor Newsom sits, in spite of the of losing four billion dollars in federal grants, California's high speed rail project is moving forward.
Speaker 7: You're actually in the process quite literally of laying the track that goes to where the railhead will be. So we're the other side of this process and we're committed to finishing the job.
Speaker 1: Governor Newsim says the vast majority of the project is funded by the state. The rail authority has just over a month now to respond to the federal report that says the project has missed deadlines, is overbudget, and is facing management problems. The new Lax Metro Transit Center station opens today. It's just east of the airport and will eventually provide a direct connection to the Lax people Mover system, which is under construction. The people movers expected to open later this year. Until then, travelers can use free airport shuttle buses at the new transit station to get to their terminals. Let's say good morning now to ABC's Jim Ryan Jim of all Things space and in the new Race to the Moon, Japan has made a move but wasn't successful.
Speaker 5: Nope.
Speaker 8: Twice they've had these problems. And it's a good thing they call there's their landing craft resilience, because that's what it's going to take for them to get to the Moon.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 8: This mission began in January. January fifteenth is when it lifted off from Cape Kennedy, Cape Canaveral in Florida board a Falcon nine rocket. This thing was hoisted into space. When into orbit, took a slow trip to the Moon to save energy. Eventually did make it and yesterday was to touch down on the lunar surface and begin it to work for a couple of months, for one lunar day, which is a couple of months our time. But unfortunately it looks as though it crashed landed, just like its predecessor did in twenty twenty two. So they'll try it again. Resilience, it's the watchword hearing me.
Speaker 1: Okay, And you said it took a slow journey, because you can get to the Moon pretty quickly, can't you.
Speaker 8: Yeah, in a few days. Yeah, we did that when we had people aboard the Apollo missions to get them up there quickly to the Moon. But you can slow it down and preserve as much energy as possible and not use so much fuel if you take it nice and slow, and that's what they did. The thing's been orbiting around the Moon for a couple of days, you know, making its orbit, and then finally was to land kind of on the northern face of the Moon as we look at it, and unfortunately something went wrong about ninety seconds before the plan touchdown. The data was lost, the communication shut down, no more telemetry. But at the moment it did, it was apparently descending quite rapidly, so it may have just crashed into the moonar surface the way that Resilience one did in twenty twenty two.
Speaker 1: So they don't know, and they I guess they won't know until they send something else there to go look at it.
Speaker 8: Well, it probably won't do that. I mean, they're not going to send something up just to see how this last mission failed. But they do intend on trying again in twenty seven. But in the meantime, there are other projects that are making their way to the Moon hoping for lunar landing. You know that the Firefly and Intuitive machines to US companies made mood landing attempts, and Fireflies actually was the first fully successful commercial company to have a lunar lander land on the Moon.
Speaker 1: Okay, And then isn't China trying to China?
Speaker 8: Is India? Is all sorts of countries are trying to do this. They're all kind of collaborating though. I mean, as I say, the mission that just ended apparently not successfully was this Japanese company ice Space working with SpaceX with the rockets and then working with NASA. So it's all a collaboration really.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's good. I was going to ask you that because it was like, you've got Japan going in China and India and the US, and I was like, why don't they work together like they do on the International Space Station and kind of make a joint effort.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they do in some small way, at least, you know, mainly out of necessity because different companies, different countries have different strengths and ways to get this job done.
Speaker 1: Interesting that they've had a couple of fails and it was you know, what was it nineteen sixty nine that so like, you know, fifty five years ago we did it. How come they can't do it now?
Speaker 8: I think I'm starting to think that it was just dumb luck that we put human beings on the moon, you know, essentially standing in there, you know, washing machine and the very little technology, nothing like we have now. Your washing machine at home has more technology, more electronics, and it then that spacecraft did fifty three fifty four years ago. So yeah, I don't know. You know, we've been trying and trying, and that's the goal is to eventually have people on the Moon and then living there, working there, and then launched them off beyond there.
Speaker 1: All right, when it's the next attempt, do we know?
Speaker 8: Twenty twenty seven, So it's going to be a couple of years before they'd given another shot this particular company.
Speaker 1: All right, ABC's Jim Ryan, thanks for the update. All Right, Jamie, have a great weekend. Let's get back to some of the stories coming out of the KFI twenty four hour newsroom. Ukrainian officials say Russia has targeted six regions of Ukraine with an attack using four hundred and seven drones and forty four missiles. Ukrainian forces say they shot down about thirty of the cruise missiles overnight and up to two hundred of the drones. They say the assault killed three emergency responders in Kiev. President Trump and Elon Musk have been trading insults on social media, with Musk even supporting impeachment and posting that Trump is in the Epstein files. He said that's the real reason they haven't been released. ABC's Andrew Dimbert says the public feud started days ago, with Musk criticizing the Trump backed Big Beautiful Bill.
Speaker 5: Late last night, Musk appeared to soften his tone, agreeing with a post that he and Trump should make peace for the benefit of the country.
Speaker 1: The feud has had an effect on Wall Street. Tesla stock fell fourteen percent, with Musk losing thirty four billion dollars. It was the second largest personal loss ever recorded in the Bloomberg Billionaire's Index. Police in San Antonio, Texas, say they're looking into a possible hate crime for the death of voice actor Jonathan Joss. The Native American voice actor was best known for his work on King of the Hill. He was shot and killed Sunday. His husband told police the shooter yelled violent homophobic slurs before he opened fire. A legal fight is brewing over the late singer Jimmy Buffett's two hundred and seventy five million dollar estate.
Speaker 9: Again.
Speaker 2: Jane Buffett says her co trustee is mismanaging the trust. She's paid about two million a year, while Rick Mozenter's law firm is paid about one point seven million a year to oversee the trust. She says when her husband died in twenty twenty three, she asked Mozenter how much money if you'd get? But with stonewalled for over a year, Ozenter allegedly said he didn't include any future money from the company in his analysis, including the Margarita chain of restaurants, merch and themed hotels, and eventually told her to consider adjustments to her lifestyle for filing to remove him as co trustee follows his petition over the weekend to remove her as co trustee and representative of the estate. Michael Krozier k if I News.
Speaker 1: I hate hearing about all those kinds of things, when families fight after somebody dies. It's just so sad. Here's something that is not said. It's very happy. It is National donut Day. Come nobody brought us donuts. I was just gonna say, well, if you would like free donuts there, I think probably a lot. I haven't researched it, but a lot of the donut chains do specials and stuff. But the helpful Honda folks, as they are, wont to do every once in a while. Do you know their helpful kindness? What is it called the helpful Honda guys in blue?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I know I know who they are, but what it's their their little slogan. It doesn't matter anyway, the helpful Honda is making it possible for a lot of people to get free donuts. So this morning, from seven to nine, you can get a free dozen donuts at Colorado Donuts and Eagle Rock, at Primo's Donuts in La on Sawtel, and at Blinky's in Encino. That's from seven to nine. The helpful Hollanda folks are paying for it, a free dozen per customer, of course while they last. And then from ten to noon, Dad's Donuts and Bagels is offering a free dozen per customer in Burbank, California, Donuts in La on third Street, and also Blinky's Donuts in Woodland Hills. So that's kind of cool. If you want a free dozen and then if you are a big donut fan. I got a press release from let's see What's it called the sixty four dot com and they're doing a bracket style competition to see who has the best donut in America. And it's opening up at nine o'clock. So it's just for fun. But if you want to vote for your favorite donut, four donut shops in La or on the list. Randy's in Inglewood, Donut Friend in La Sidecar Donuts in Costa Mesa, and the Donut Man and Glendora are all in the bracket. So it's going to start like the NCAA with sixty four donut shops, and it's going to go down and then they're gonna, I don't know exactly when it is, probably by the end of the day they'll have the best donut in America. If you want to vote for it, it's at the sixty four dot com. The sixty four dot com. That's fun. I know. I've had Randy's. They're pretty darn good. I would be very open to trying Sidecar Donuts and the Donut Man.
Speaker 6: I've actually never met a donut I didn't like.
Speaker 1: I never met one all right, Oh, what could it be? A bit that'll a withrop I know you're out here.
Speaker 9: Just come in before the monkeys bought you.
Speaker 1: Whoa trailer, there's no going back for Wicked. For Good is out. They put it out so early showed. The movie doesn't come out until November twenty first, I believe. Yeah, it's a Christmas movie.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: I can't wait. I loved Wicked, loved it, loved the stage and loved ye loved the movie version two. So the trailer's out if you want to go see the whole thing. Here's what we're following in the KFI twenty four hour newsroom. The California State Assemblies approved a bill that allows colleges to give preference to descendants of slaves in the US. A report from the Assembly Judiciary Committee, though, warns the move could violate a law passed in nineteen ninety six that bans preferential treatment based on race, gender, or ethnicity. Voters rejected and an attempt to repeal Prop two nine and twenty twenty. The bill now heads to the state Senate. Harvard University has challenged President Trump's proclamation blocking foreign students from coming to the US to go to the Ivy League school. Harvard says it's illegal and called it an attempt to end around a previous court order. A State of Pels court has ruled that holding a cell phone while driving for any reason is illegal. The decision says mounted phones and drivers operating them with a single swipe are exempt. How are they going to know at six oh five it's handle on the news. I would imagine right out of the gate, Bill's going to want to talk about the spat between Trump and Musk. I'm sure he's very excited about that, and we're a little excited about it. So let's dive into it a little bit and everything else that's going on at the White House with kfi's White House correspondent John Decker.
Speaker 6: Morning, John, Hey, good morning to you.
Speaker 5: Hope you're doing well today.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you. So let's let's get this out of the way. Right after we got Trump and Musk really going at it yesterday though in the Oval Office when Trump was meeting with the German Channel. You were there and Trump was still keeping a pretty civil tone about it at the time.
Speaker 5: Well, not only was I there, I was the person that asked the question to the President about his relationship with Elon Musk and the prospects for passage of the Big Beautiful Bill. That led to an eight minute long answer amy by the President concerning my question. I've asked dozens of questions to the President over the course of his time as president, but I've never gotten an answer eight minutes long. And that made a ton of news, and it also led to a back and forth between Musk and Trump that lasted throughout the day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so what was his initial Well, we can't obviously play the eight minute the eight minute answer, but what was the gist of his answer?
Speaker 5: Well, the President initially said, you know, I'm just pleased that he's he's not attacking me. You know, he's just attacking the bill. That's okay. But then he said, but he may attack me. He also then said that, you know, he would have won the state of Pennsylvania even without Elon Musk's help, and that led to Elon Musk putting out in real time on social media that Donald Trump would have lost the election overall had it not been for the two hundred and fifty million dollars that he contributed to help out the Trump campaign in twenty twenty four. You know, he said that Elon Musk misses being in the White House, misses being a part of the process of working for the federal government and making cuts through his involvement with the Department of Government Efficiency. So all of that led to Elon Musk really upping the ante with various social media posts, and the President later in the afternoon had another event that I was at that was in the state dining room. He met with some leaders from the Fraternal Order of Police nationwide, but did not take any questions at that event. I think, you know, what I'm told is that perhaps he and Elon Musk will speak later this morning to essentially put things to rest, because the feud has not been good for the President. It has not been good for Elon.
Speaker 6: Musk either well.
Speaker 1: And it just it sounds so petty, really, I mean, just like standing on the outside, I'm like, what are you guys doing, Like, if you're gonna have disagreements, fine, everybody has disagreements, but shut up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it seems very high school ish to a certain extent. You're right, but it's pretty remarkable that this feud is happening publicly and it involves the president of the United States and the world's richest man. That's what makes it, you know, a lot different than just a high school spat a high school feud. It obviously also has bigger stakes for the President. It could lead to the defeat of his legislation in the US Senate, the Big Beautiful Bill, which Elon Musk has said that he opposes. And yesterday we saw that Tesla stock fell by fourteen percent. That led to twenty billion dollars in paper losses for Elon Musk personally. So I think both of them have a lot of steak in terms of just putting this to rest, putting this few to rest. But as the President says, he says this often about the war in Ukraine, but it also applies here. It takes two to tango. So both of them have to want to put this feud to rest and want to move on from there.
Speaker 1: Okay, and we will be watching it. See what you started by asking your question, John ware.
Speaker 5: To go, I started a lot, Amy, Yes, you're.
Speaker 6: Right, all right.
Speaker 1: Can't find his White House correspondent John Decker, Thanks so much. Have a good weekend.
Speaker 5: Thanks Amy.
Speaker 1: Byby a woman's been taken into custody for allegedly stabbing a man to death in Boil Heights. Please say it may have been a domestic dispute. The man and woman were arguing last night on North Soto Street. The man was stabbed several times, possibly with a pair of scissors, and died at the scene. The Glendale City jail is housing ICE detainees.
Speaker 4: The city says they can house federal detainees because of a long standing federal contract with ICE. Officials say the two thousand and seven contract is legally grandfathered in and allows them to sidestep California's twenty eighteenth sanctuary state law that restricts local cooperation with federal immigration enforcement. Immigration advocates are urging the city to end the contract, citing potential civil rights violations.
Speaker 10: Do you want Glendale to be one of the only cities that allows local police department to work with the Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 4: The officials say they provide only basic services without booking or fingerprinting detainees. Heather Brooker KFI News.
Speaker 1: A jury in San Diego has found Orange County DA Todd Spitzer, the county, and a former deputy chief liable for harassing a senior prosecutor into early retirement. The panel awarded more than three million dollars in damages yesterday to Tracy Miller, who says she was forced out in twenty twenty one. The jury found the county failed to prevent the harassment. Spitzer, who turned sixty five in November, has indicated he may not seek reelection when his term ends in two years. Former LA Deputy Mayor Brian K. Williams has pleaded not guilty to reporting a fake bomb threat, but he scheduled to change his plea to guilty today. Williams is accused of falsely reporting that someone called him and threatened to bomb City Hall last October. He could get up to ten years in prison if convicted as charged. The judge in Shawn Combs's sex trafficking and racketeering trial in New York has warned the music mogul about his behavior in court.
Speaker 3: Colmbs is not supposed to react with facial expressions to the testimony, but the judge said he caught Colmbs nodding vigorously and looking at the jury. If it happens again, the judge, who called it absolutely unacceptable, said he would consider excluding Colmbs from the courtroom for the remainder of the trial.
Speaker 1: ABC's Er Kadurski says testimony yesterday included a third alleged victim, who detailed her relationship with Combs and sexual acts she says she had to perform. Former Vice President Kamala Harris says surprise the graduating class at Compton High. Student mache Cosey told NBC four that she was working at her part time job at a restaurant when in walked former First Gentleman Doug m Hoff. So she wrote him a note and asked him to give it to his wife, the former VP.
Speaker 11: I write this entire full page essay basically explaining some of the things that we do here at Compton High and my role in leadership and how as a black woman myself, I look up to the way she's portrayed herself.
Speaker 1: Well, m Hoff did give it to Harris. She read the note and then reached out to Cosey, who asked her to come to graduation, and there she was. Harris didn't do a speech, but remained on stage throughout the event and received an honorary degree as the first graduate of the school's new campus. Hey guess what time it is It's time to have a party at Disneyland. It's Disneyland Resorts seventieth celebration. And you know what, it's not a celebration if you're not there. With all the sites and the laughter and the fun. Everyone's excited about it. KFI Am six forty and Wake Up Call want to give you a chance to win a family four pack of one day one park tickets to Disneyland Park or Disney California Adventure Park. And join this limited time event. Keep listening to KFI for your chance to celebrate with us. That means for your chance to win those tickets. Offering subject to restrictions and change without notice. A nine year old boy from Torrance is going to be deported. The boy and his father were detained by ice on May twenty ninth after they attended an immigration hearing in downtown LA. They came to the US illegally in twenty twenty one and were ordered to leave the country in twenty twenty two, but didn't. Immigration officials have confirmed they'll be deported back to Honduras. A judge has stopped the restart of offshore drilling off the Santa Barbara Coast. It's the second time in a week that a court has halted restart operations for Sable Offshore Corporation. Oil extraction has been stopped since a pipeline burst in twenty twenty or twenty fifteen. It caused a massive spill. A full hearing on the matter set for July eighteenth. Jobless numbers are out or actually job numbers. US employers added a solid one hundred and thirty nine thousand jobs in May, despite uncertainty over the trade wars. Unemployment stays at four point two percent. Let's say good morning to the host of home on KF. It's the house whisper Dean Sharp morning.
Speaker 12: Dean morning, Amy.
Speaker 1: So all the world is a stage, including your house.
Speaker 12: Huh, absolutely explain please, Well, you know, when it comes to home design, most people feel out of their depth in trying to figure out what to do with their home, what's wrong with their home? How can I make this thing better? And so I'm always looking for ways, metaphors, images, examples to help explain and kind of break down what good design looks like. And this weekend we're going to approach it from the restive that great architecture is truly theater and What I mean by that is there are certain things that those of us who live in the twenty first century do understand about theater, whether we're watching a stage play or watching a movie or a TV show, and that is that there are, you know, for instance, components. There are lead actors, there are supporting actors, there are extras that are in the background, there are scenes that are behind them, and that there's kind of a hierarchy, right that not everybody can be talking at the same time, not everybody can be at the front of the stage at the same time. There are focal points in every scene, and that's the way the director gets the story told. And if we were to stand in any given room in our home and ask those same questions of the things that are there, we could start to actually, you know, break apart the understanding of why our rooms don't make the affect that they could make, and apply the same principles.
Speaker 1: I love that. What a fun, What a fun analogy. And then part of the all the World's of stage thing too is that, and you've talked about this with us before, is how you want to tell your story through your house.
Speaker 6: Exactly.
Speaker 12: I mean, that's the whole point of I hope it's the whole point of people wanting to make their homes more beautiful, not just more beautiful in a generic magazine spread sense, but more beautiful in the way that it enhances and tells the story of who they are because it's your home. And so by using this metaphor of theater and applying it in different ways, I'm hoping that it will continue to help people understand how it is that we can affect change to those spaces.
Speaker 1: I love that, and you're going to be talking about that all weekend.
Speaker 12: We'll be taking calls on Saturday, and of course always open to talking about this, but the big show on Sunday from nine to noon. Great architecture is theater.
Speaker 1: I love it. So six to eight on Saturday you'll be taking phone calls on home and then nine to noon on Sunday, it's home with Dean Sharp. It's our very own house whisper, and if you'd like to follow him, it's at home with Dean. Thank you so much, Dean Sharp.
Speaker 12: Thank you, Amy.
Speaker 1: Talk to you next week. Okay, all right, it's time to get in your business with Bloomberg's Courtney Donaho. Good morning, Courtney, good morning. It's a big day here on Wall Street. Yes, it is, because jobs numbers just came out.
Speaker 10: Yes, and this is the first full month of employment data since the President announced his Liberation Day tarfs. You have to keep that in mind. Changes to Trey policy, we all know is ongoing. But the uncertain economic outlook has a lot of companies looking at the bottom line and they're saying, hey, you know what, we need to look at our labor spending a little more closely. We need to rein at it a bit.
Speaker 1: So, yes, we did.
Speaker 10: See a bit of a slowdown from last month. Employers added one hundred and thirty nine thousand to the payrolls. It's still better than what economists we're expecting. And the unemployment rate coming in a four point two percent, holding steady from the prior month, so that's good news. A reaction from Wall Street was pretty positive. We are seeing a bump in futures after that report. S and P futures are forty seven points down, futures rising two hundred and eighties. So it's a big day here on Wall Street after that report.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Always interesting when you hear because we hear like we've done several stories. There's going to be layoffs ad Disney, there's going to be layoff sid Procter and Gamble, There's going to be layoffs here and there and that kind of stuff. But then what we don't hear about is that people are still just adding those jobs and hiring people.
Speaker 10: Yeah, but the big question, you know, you brought up something interesting. The real question, and I have to dig into these numbers a little bit more, is what are the quality of the jobs that are being Are they Are they jobs that are high paying from the tech industry. Are those are the type of things that we really need to look at. Are they jobs that are really going to add to spending this spending is the biggest part of our economy. Or are they jobs that are just going to get people buy throughout the day. So, again, this job's number takes a little bit of time to go through the report and see where are the wins, where are the losses. We did see a dip in manufacturing jobs, and that's important for the president. The President's been talking about that for some time. Again, this is why we have this tariff policy going through as trying to add jobs within that particular part of the market.
Speaker 1: So we'll see what's going to happen.
Speaker 10: But again, it takes a while for trade policy to play through, takes a while for jobs to be able to make the final decisions of what they need.
Speaker 1: Okay, and sometimes it takes a while to get your order delivered. But Walmart's doing something to basically make it more high tech and maybe speed it up.
Speaker 10: Yeah, so deliveries are going to take flight in more cities. A retailer says it's going to offer drone deliveries at one hundred more stores. They're mainly in the South. Walmart already offers a service in the Dallas Fort Worth area, also near the retailer's headquarters in Arkansas, so they can kind of do a test with this. Walmart says customers are prioritizing convenience no matter what, and they say, hey, they're going to pay up for that, So this is another way to be able to get that delivery as fast.
Speaker 1: For a lot more money for Walmart.
Speaker 10: By the way, they did release what are the most popular items that people are looking for to be delivered by drone and it includes fresh fruit, pet food, ice cream, and strangely, eggs. I don't know if I want to eggsne Yes, that's really funny. I really don't know about that, but apparently eggs are popular. They're a popular request Walmart.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we don't have that here. It'll be interesting to see what happens. It sounds like they're doing it more like flat spread out areas, Yeah.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and places where you know, if a mistake happens, they have a little more space.
Speaker 1: To do it.
Speaker 10: I don't think they're going to be doing it in intown Manhattan anyway. It'll be hard because if a drone delivery popped out, I'm sure twenty people would run for it or run away from it, who knows.
Speaker 1: And then lastly, carmakers quietly hiking prices, but they're kind of doing it on the doing it a little stealthy.
Speaker 10: Yeah, doing it on the DL sticker. Price on a lot of makes and models may not have changed, you know. This is where they're all saying, these automakers, we're not raising the prices on air cars, but they're doing it in different ways. They've been quietly cutting rebates, they've been limiting cheap financing deals. But this adds hundreds of dollars to monthly payments. According to Auto researcher Edmunds several have boosted their delivery charges, and that's a fee that everybody has to pay when they buy a new car. But the subtle price hikes already having a big effect. Kelly Bluebook says the average price of a car is just short of forty nine thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: So that is close to a record.
Speaker 10: Yeah, not getting a new car anytimes.
Speaker 1: No, I think we'll leave it on that.
Speaker 10: Yes, sorry to leave you on that sad node on a Friday. Well, at least the markets are good.
Speaker 1: Absolutely getting in your business like we do every day at five point forty with Bloomberg's Courtney, Donaho have a great weekend, Courtney, you too, enjoy yourself all right. Tesla stock has tumbled almost fifteen percent following the social media war of words between President Trump and Tesla CEO Elon Musk. Musk had posted the President's big, beautiful bill should be killed. Trump has threatened to terminate Tesla government subsidies, subsidies, and contracts. The fight resulted in like one hundred and fifty billion dollars in losses. State lawmakers have introduced several bills to prevent price gouging. After natural disasters. The bills would also streamline claims for people who lose their homes and other safeguards. Another bill would allow the Fair Plan, that's the last resort insurance program in the state, to borrow funds so it doesn't rent out of money. Surprise, former VP Kamala Harris showed up yesterday for Compton High School graduation. She didn't deliver a speech, but she stayed on stage throughout the event, receiving an honorary degree as the first graduate of the school's new campus. We're just minutes away from Handle on the news and I just mentioned Elon Musk. You can bet Bill's going to have a thing or two to say about the social media war between Trump and Musk. Right now, let's say good morning to ABC's Will Gans. Will I was watching Handmaid's Tail and then during one of the spot breaks because Hulu has commercials, there was our friend Will Gans doing a GMA promo and I was like, that's our Will Gans.
Speaker 9: I mean, hopefully I was behaving myself in whatever promo it may have been.
Speaker 6: I hope that that I okay, good, good and you were.
Speaker 1: Very stylish, and I went, oh, look at that. Will gans he's not only intelligent and fun to talk to, he's adorable.
Speaker 6: Oh great, the reviews are in. I'll take that, thank you.
Speaker 1: Okay, Before we get down to business, I have to tell you I was so excited for like thirty seconds yesterday because I was scrolling through I don't ca't remember if it was Facebook or Instagram, and it said up, Up and away live Action. Get ready for an adventure like no other with Disney and Pixar's live action Up and it has a picture of Harrison Ford and then this adorable little kid, Alan Kim says they're going to set off on a wild journey in a house lifted by balloons. There's even a trailer for it.
Speaker 6: And guess what fake news?
Speaker 1: Fake news?
Speaker 6: Oh, I mean that.
Speaker 9: Is genius casting, by the way, Yeah right, we would watch that movie.
Speaker 1: Yes, I would so go to the and the kid who plays Russell is absolutely adorable, and I'm like, Harrison Ford, how that would be so great?
Speaker 6: It would be incredible?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's fake news.
Speaker 6: Man. They got you, I know.
Speaker 1: I mean they've got the Disney Pixar logo. I mean it looks like it really looks like it's legitimate. And then and then there's all these like five hundred comments going I can't wait, I can't wait, It's gonna be great, and soone then about fifty comments down goes yeah that's fake.
Speaker 9: Oh man, Well maybe it'll spark an idea in somebody, you know, maybe someone right now is listening. Hey, guys, Pixar, this is the movie to make.
Speaker 1: That would be a fun live action. I mean, think about up and lifting the house.
Speaker 6: Oh good dogs, yes.
Speaker 1: Squirrel, uh huh, yeah, the whole thing. I just would be so fun. Okay, so let's get down to business. Cynthia Arriva, we were just playing part of the trailer for Wicked for good. It's not coming out till November, but we're gonna see Cynthia much sooner than that.
Speaker 9: Exactly Sunday night, she's hosting the Tony Awards, Broadway's biggest night, celebrating the best of the twenty twenty four to twenty twenty five season, and she's never hosted before, so I think it's like incredibly perfect timing. She's right in between both movies, so you know, people of her. She actually her solo album came out today, so she's like, you know, on top of the world right now, and she'll do a great job. The other cool thing happening at the Tony's is that the original cast of Hamilton, so Lynn Manuel, Miranda and Leslie Odom Junior and all those guys are getting back together to perform on Sunday Night to celebrate the show's anniversary.
Speaker 6: So that's pretty exciting.
Speaker 9: And then you know all the new shows, so you know, there are a lot of theater fans who don't get to make it to New York every season, so you'll get to see performances from Death Becomes Her and maybe Happy Ending and some of the other movie musicals that that you know, maybe you haven't seen yet, but it might pique your interests. So that'll be exciting Sunday night on CBS.
Speaker 1: And do we know if Cynthia might be singing and if there might be a surprise appearance or anything.
Speaker 9: We don't know, but I mean I would be shocked if there wasn't you know, there has to be a little bit of a nod to something. I mean, the trailer coming out two days ago, the timing would be right. If Ariana Grande also showed up, I wouldn't be.
Speaker 1: Shocked that might just make me tune in, all right.
Speaker 6: I mean yeah, I wouldn't blame you.
Speaker 1: Okay. So Sinners hit theaters not too long ago, and it's already streaming. But you do have to pay for it, right, You do have.
Speaker 9: To pay for it, yes, so you would pay to buy it or to rent it on Amazon Prime or Apple TV or your streamer of choice. But for anyone who didn't get a chance to see it in theaters, like this is absolutely worth.
Speaker 6: Seeing and paying for.
Speaker 9: And it's just it's definitely my favorite movie that's come out so far this year, and you.
Speaker 6: Know it's it's got something for everybody.
Speaker 9: It's a vampire movie, but there's also incredible music in it and great acting and writing, and the direction is fantastic from Ryan Coogler. So if you didn't get a chance to see it in theaters, I would absolutely recommend watching Sinners take the comfort of your own couch.
Speaker 1: And you get two performances from the price of one.
Speaker 6: From Michael B. Jordan exactly. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So here's my question, because I've seen it. I remember when they first really did that. It was like back to the future when they put Michael J. Fox on the screen with himself and everybody's like, okay, but you gave him the benefit of the doubt because it's the first time and it was impressive. But now, I mean, does it look real enough?
Speaker 6: I mean it's unbelievable.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's like, you know, if she came out of the woodwork to say, oh, by the way, I actually do have a twin, I'd be like, that makes sense. You know, it's completely like, you know, genuine feeling okay.
Speaker 1: And then so that's on the stream, but you have to pay for it, and then it's coming out on Max, right, but not till later this summer, so we have to exactly. So if you want to wait until it's free, you have to wait for a couple more months. Yes, And then I have to ask you about Stick. And I knew you were going to talk about it, and so I wanted to watch it and I want your take on it because I don't love it.
Speaker 9: So, you know, I think the first episode feels a little bumpy. It's a pilot episode, but I like where this show is headed. It feels like ted Lasso a little bit. You know, it's a sports comedy that you can tell there's just this earnestness with this main character who wishes he could do better and be better, and then he meets a younger golfer that he wants to give the career he could never have to.
Speaker 6: So first three episodes.
Speaker 9: Out on Apple TV now and then they'll come out weekly after this.
Speaker 6: I have hope for this show. I think Owen Wilson's great. What did you think?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 1: I like Owen Wilson, but I yeah, I felt like it was bumpy. That's a good word for it. I don't. I don't instantly like it like with ted Lasso. It's not it's not drawing me in like that. Yeah, but it's it's Owen Wilson and it's a kind of a fun storyline. It kind of reminds me a little bit of Tin Cup, but not really. I mean just probably more because it's a golf show than anything. But right, right, I'll give it another go. But I don't love it.
Speaker 6: Okay, that's fair, that's fair. I also, you know, I don't know.
Speaker 9: Who the intended audience necessarily is.
Speaker 6: And yeah, but but I'm with you.
Speaker 5: I didn't.
Speaker 9: I didn't dislike it enough to not go back. I think I'm gonna I'm gonna stick with it, okay, unintended.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll have to revisit it and uh and discuss again because yeah, because I think that there's just there's something missing on it. And maybe as we warm up to the characters or they settled into their roles, it'll be different. But we'll see.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yes, all right, right, Bill.
Speaker 1: Gan's looking good on the on the stream there.
Speaker 6: Buddy, Thank you very much. I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: All right, have a great weekend and we'll talk to.
Speaker 6: You next week. Okay, dog byebye.
Speaker 1: Uh And just like that, we're out of time. I hate that. But before we go, angel City FC is hosting the Chicago Stars. It's happening tomorrow, June seventh at Bemo Stadium for Pride Night, and if you go, you're going to get an Angel City Pride bandana. You can get your tickets now at angelcity dot com and listen to all the games on the iHeartRadio app keyword angel City FC. This is KFI and KOST HD two Los Angeles, Orange County live from the KFI twenty four hour newsroom for producer An and technical producer Kno, along with traffic specialist Will I'm Amy King, this has been your wake up call. If you missed any wake up Call, you can listen anytime on the iHeartRadio app. You've been listening to wake Up Call with me Amy King. You can always hear wake Up Call five to six am Monday through Friday on KFI AM six forty and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.