Speaker 1: Ah, Yes, it is the Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle. If you would like to go to BFD, we're gonna give tickets away right now. You have to have that really cool, brand new, snazzy updated iHeart app. There's a talkback feature on it little microphone that you can leave messages. The first person to leave a message, and you got to leave your phone number, your email address, and your name and the answer to this question, who did KT get a letter from yesterday? First person that could tell us who KT got a letter? We talked about it in the first segment. You should have been listening Dirty Dirty bastards. First person that gives us that answer, You're gonna win tickets to BFD May twenty fifth at dose Eqi's Pavilion. You can of course buy tickets at ticketmester dot com. We'll get into some sports stuff. There's a lot of things happening with the Mavericks and with the coaching searches and with college football. We'll do all that coming up in thirty minutes. Right now, it's time for this.
Speaker 2: News.
Speaker 3: Hot gods, come stay on top in the shovel.
Speaker 4: Ben.
Speaker 1: What are your favorite celebrities? Rob Low. You're a big robb Loow guy. You know what you're joking around? But I don't mind Rob Low. I kind of like Rob Low.
Speaker 4: But then right when I was thinking, you know what, kind of like Rob Low, KT tore him down and I was.
Speaker 3: Like, all right, now, I guess there's just some stuff there. Then he's the wrong guy. I'm a big Rob Low fan because of the floor.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: KT loves the floor. But you brought up all that stuff about a girl and a camera.
Speaker 5: Definitely, definitely, and he's been open to talk about that. Yeah, you know, I definitely did some pedophilic type stuff.
Speaker 1: No, not in the state of Georgia. It was legal. It's why he never did jail time.
Speaker 4: It was legal there, and you were willing to overlook it because of your own indiscretions.
Speaker 3: And he was in Parks and rag yeah yep. And the floor yep.
Speaker 1: So I still can't believe Kati and Christina haven't seen Boogie Nights.
Speaker 3: It's very upsetting. I watched it last night. What are you talking about? What do you think? Great? Yeah? What was your favorite scene? John c Riley?
Speaker 1: Yep, that was a good scene. One of the best parts of Boogie Knights is he gets real coked up and he starts his music career and the music is it's so bad and there it's uh, it's such a great scene. And then I came across the story today on stereo gum and I was like, this is very boogie Knights.
Speaker 3: Here's a quote from Rob Loow.
Speaker 1: There was a minute in the eighties where I definitely was doing too much Bolivian marching powder and just being an effing lunatic, and also coming at the time in a young actor's career where they're too old to play the roles they've been playing, but they're too young to play the roles that will last you the rest of your life, which are really the great ones.
Speaker 3: And you can kind of feel it.
Speaker 4: And I love music so much, as evidenced by this talk and all that, I got it into my head that maybe I should think more about music.
Speaker 3: And I cut a demo with Toto. Wow with Toto. Is it out? It's so I just started looking under you.
Speaker 1: I saw this on stereo gubs, Instagram, and then all these music like Quest Love and these people driven and going We've got to find this immediately, because all those guys in Toto did a ton of coke. I think the drummer from Toto died mowing his yard because it's all coked up.
Speaker 2: Wait, he was coked up while mowing the I think that's the story, right.
Speaker 3: I got a good use of a party drug.
Speaker 1: You're just coking up all the time, so you're just did the point where you're just doing your daily stuff. But man, I'm dying to hear the Robblow Toto collaboration.
Speaker 5: This will be out, then this will what this will leak out for a future project that some documentary about this will come out, especially especially with.
Speaker 4: Toto being so prominent in the yacht Rock documentary. Now is the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well quest level track track it down. Then he'll be the one.
Speaker 3: He'll be the guy.
Speaker 5: So I found this and I don't know it's it's twenty twenty five, which is a good round number in a way. It's I mean, it's not like twenty, but it's easy once you get to five. It's just easy to remember things. He's right, and it was basically, here are some things this year that are turning ten years old. I was like, okay, let's click on it real quick. This trash content looked at it. I went Jesus, that was ten years I felt so old. I felt so old. So ten years ago, I would have been twenty six, Christina, you would have been twenty five, Ben and Skin forty four thirty one.
Speaker 3: We have a liar.
Speaker 5: I remember this taking up a lot, and it's all these things that we talked about on the show ten.
Speaker 3: Years ago, too, is the reason I like to do with this.
Speaker 5: You guys are Star Wars Nerds, Star Wars of Force Awakens came back.
Speaker 3: Wow, Daisy Ridley, that was ten years Can you believe that? I cannot.
Speaker 5: I remember you guys talking about that on the show a lot and me trying to not get you guys to talk about it.
Speaker 4: The girl, the girl is the Yeah, it's the first one back, the JJ Abrams one.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I remember because I remember we talked to Basket about that. We were just talking about the emotion. And I remember taking my boys to see it. My son's not my friends, that are you know my rider's eyes and uh, I remember tearing up and it went. It meant way more to me than it did to them. Yeah, I saw it, like I don't know, a month ago. It was on cable.
Speaker 1: I randomly watched the I don't know, it was halfway through it when I turned it on.
Speaker 3: It was good. I didn't have any problem with it. Ten years ago, selfie sticks were huge.
Speaker 6: I remember selfie sticks. They used to just kind of pass them out at one point, right, I really really think so I.
Speaker 3: Never saw that passed them out where.
Speaker 6: I mean, I was in promo at the time, so I'm sure.
Speaker 3: Emotions.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it is very interesting to me because prior to that like to do any sort of content.
Speaker 3: And I guess this is as the content.
Speaker 4: Boom happens that people become their own content providers and whatnot, right, and start making stuff. You had to have somebody shoot the video for you, yeah, right, And then it just got to be where it was just normal everyday life that people were shooting things themselves.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the news and the news too, you know.
Speaker 1: Right, and not paying attention and falling into Niagara Falls while they were doing it.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: Do you guys remember who said they invented the selfie al gore? Now do you remember the story? I remember somebody saying they invented it. Her house just burned down in Pacific Palaces. Oh really, Paris Hilton said, that she invented the idea of taking your own picture of yourself, Like she came up with that concept and did it, Like who could have ever thought of turning a phone around?
Speaker 3: Well, there had to be one person who did it first.
Speaker 1: I bet there was a thousand people that did it simultaneously with their phone.
Speaker 6: We were taking selfies on razor phones. So no, she didn't know that.
Speaker 3: Immediately. Baris Hilton is the first one to take like nude selfie.
Speaker 4: But that's what people would I'm you know if you think about it. Uh, And again I was too old to be a part of this, but Kat you said you were smack dab in the nude.
Speaker 3: Absolutely nude. You sent a ton of nudes.
Speaker 4: But that's why people were sending pictures to each other, right of selfies.
Speaker 5: No, I think the selfie was like you've watched the iPhone came out, you know.
Speaker 3: Once you had a camera in your hand all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you could put it on Facebook or whatever, because you remember all.
Speaker 4: That because that's the first time you could see what you were looking at.
Speaker 3: It was insane, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we were blown away by that because if you hold a camera up to You can't see what it is.
Speaker 3: You can't even see what the picture is going to be.
Speaker 5: I remember around this time ten years ago Rangers Spring Ben took off to do a shady deal for some camera equipment and Phoenix that's right, Oh right, yeah, I remember going, Man, I think we lost Bench for the day.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I found out that the companies that basically you could turn an iPhone into like a pretty nice little video camera, but there were these companies that built these cases around the iPhones which changed.
Speaker 3: The lenses and made the lenses better and stuff. And it happened to be there in that town.
Speaker 5: We lost Ben for hours, and he came back with all this stuff and including a selfiestick.
Speaker 4: So I'm when I went to Nepaul with my brothers, there's like an electronics store every seventy five yards, and they said I went into every single one of them, came out of them with all the same crap.
Speaker 5: The Snapchat sorry, Snapchat introduced the filter. That was in twenty fifteen, so think about how filters are used all the time now very much.
Speaker 1: Remember the Mavericks having a Maverick Snapchat and I think our homie Lizelle was running the social media stuff at the time and being like, all right, so the next big thing is now we're all doing snapchat.
Speaker 3: I was like, I'm I'm over.
Speaker 2: What we've got to turned white pile into a dog real quick? Hold on, they were really fun. I just deleted that app though. Rapchat chat yeah, wrist. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Hoverboards were huge in twenty fifteen. Do you guys remember the hoverboard trend?
Speaker 1: I remember it exploding in California. A couple of them exploded.
Speaker 3: I don't remember the exploding there exploding hoverboards? What is it? It was really a Michael J. Fox hovering board. No, you're not hovering.
Speaker 5: It's just basically you're a standing and it's uh, you know, it's got the wheel.
Speaker 3: In the middle and you can lean.
Speaker 6: It's fun to watch people fall.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Oh, there's like one wheel in the middle of it. Yeah, and there's just you know, it's a modern low unicycle. It looked real.
Speaker 5: It kind of lookedrilled, dumb, but it was huge ten years ago. Well, the Apple Watch was released ten years ago.
Speaker 3: Wow'll have them?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I do, but I stepped on it yesterday, so I had to unpair it and I am sending it back.
Speaker 2: They're gonna They're gonna take care of me. But yeah, I broke it. Sucked on your way to look at your friends where it was.
Speaker 5: I put it on my clothes as I just got another shower, you know, so my watch and stuff I put on my clothes.
Speaker 3: That's got a system. I got the system.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I stepped right on it and broke the screen.
Speaker 3: That sucked. But the Apples says they're going to take care of me.
Speaker 4: I've thought about getting one of those, but it's like I already have a phone and a laptop and a home computer.
Speaker 3: I'm like, HiT's the same. It's just your phone.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean it depends like what your what you might use it for. I mean I like having it because it tracks my sleep. I like seeing what the temperature is right then, like on my on my wrist. But I don't use it for a ton of other stuff. I don't use it for calling or texting like some people do.
Speaker 3: I couldn't sleep with something on my wrist like that. Yeah, drove me nuts.
Speaker 5: I've also heard though, that those bands have a lot of microplastics.
Speaker 3: So when you when you work out.
Speaker 5: And you sweat those oh, you know, your pores open up and the microplastics from the band of the Apple watch and go in to your body and you get cancer within the week.
Speaker 1: Just like just like Zuckerberg planned, I only use mine for working out, So I got It's a nice run, guys.
Speaker 5: I got a band, a new band that is like it looked like a real watch, you know.
Speaker 1: Uh, But then I stepped on my watch, so there you go. I reported that twice people were live streaming in themselves on periscope.
Speaker 2: Oh, periscope very twenty fifteen.
Speaker 3: Wow, I love periscope. Man bringing it back tonight? Was the peach, a butt or a vagina?
Speaker 5: Let's load up the phones because the eggplant and peach emojis became the sex symbols of the emoji world in twenty fifteen.
Speaker 3: It's at that's when that started. Is it a butt? Yes? I thought it was a shaved fruit. You know what I always put for that? I just put a custard emoji?
Speaker 5: Yes, did that for the shaved Letterman hosted his final episode mad Men and Parks and Reconded twenty fifteen.
Speaker 3: They ended in twenty fifteen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, wow, ten years and the Parks and rec finale, they zoom ahead to twenty twenty five, so I should probably go watch that again just to see how accurated.
Speaker 4: And when they zoom ahead to twenty twenty five, Rob Lowe is doing a record with Toto.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and KT breaks his watch.
Speaker 5: That's on the watch. Lastly, twenty fifteen. You will all remember this, everyone will. It's the day those two Lamas were on the loos in Phoenix.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, go that was incredible.
Speaker 4: It never really grabs me like it grabs you guys.
Speaker 3: Hey, look, there's animals in the world.
Speaker 6: Sama is just running wild ben.
Speaker 3: In the streets. That's not a common occurrence.
Speaker 6: People trying to catch them and they're dodging them.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, they were running plays, dude, they were weave it in and out.
Speaker 3: It's beautiful. Never connected.
Speaker 4: It's the beauty too, of the Lama talking to the other Lava and they're in Sabbatico and they know that they're running.
Speaker 3: Everybody could go left. There's your look at it, look at getting older. There it is the Hollywood shuffle alright.
Speaker 1: Coming up next and around the sports, we got a Mike McCarthy update for you, a huge win for the Mavericks and a big college football showdown. We talked sports with you Next