Speaker 1: All right, So I'm gonna bring Bart in here to start things off since it is now officially ten o'clock. We have viewers from England and I can't do it like Nick and Jason do it. So I'm England, Thank you, sir. So Breezy Gaming is in this morning and he goes, hello, make pretty off topic here, but a Fulham fan who went to the match yesterday, I'm so jealous. Jedi plays for the M and T. He would easily be England's first choice left back. Exceptional yesterday against Arsenal. What say you, Arsenal fan?
Speaker 2: Well, I'll just say that Jedi is always exceptional and he's a very reliable and dependable player, and I think that's been his greatest asset to the US men's national team is for the most part, he's been very healthy and you know what you're getting out of him. But he has also improved a lot since he started with US back in twenty twenty one. Fulham does have a great left back and Anthony Robinson, and I think, as you saw yesterday captaining the team, being a leader for that team, he's a good guy. We are lucky to have him for the US national team. And I think he chose wisely.
Speaker 1: He chose wise.
Speaker 2: Look, if you want to win games in the World Cup, you should play for the US because England has never beaten the US in the World Cup. Uh ever, men's or women's.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, go ahead, start to start that fire already.
Speaker 2: These are just facts, John, I'm here to report facts.
Speaker 1: Well, I know, I know you're here to report facts. That's that's why we bring you in.
Speaker 2: And another fact, Alabama didn't deserve to go to that college football playoff.
Speaker 1: Oh absolutely not. But once again deserve versus television programming. We always know that when there's an option available, that door might get open. Yeah, uh uh huh uh Oh did you find out what bowl game your WBG v ors are going to this year?
Speaker 2: Yeah? At John? You ready for us? Sure? Mountaineers are finishing up the season in a soccer stadium, Okays?
Speaker 1: Okay, Oh, there's coffee, here's coffee. Frisco Okay, Memphis, right, yes, against Memphis, Memphis and West Virginia It at frisk.
Speaker 2: Future Big twelve team probably not, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you guys, there's always auditions. I mean, that's to me. There's always places to audition in these kinds of things. Uh, I wanted to go over a couple of things with you this morning in the in the roffing down here purview. But since we're talking national team stuff, we'll go ahead and go there. Okay, Uh the part that I wanted to discuss with you, and I'm going to steer folks over to episode CV of the Soccer for US PO D that's I think that's.
Speaker 2: One o five PEND on my Twitter account. You can go to a Soccer for US pod on both Twitter and Blue Sky and find the link there.
Speaker 1: You go, so you you are a part of the the folks that are drifting over to Blue Sky like a lot of us right. Yes, the women's national team after these matches overseas that happened in I mean relative obscurity. I mean they were broadcast on television. But it's like, oh, and the listener announced that she's done with the international It's like, but that seems to fit. It's just like ye doesn't want to be doesn't want to make a big deal about it, doesn't want it to be about her. It's like, oh yeah, oh, by the way, I'm done.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think that was kind of funny that she gets into camp and then is like, yeah, by the way, it's my last international camp. I done after this. That seems very a listener, like you said, she doesn't want the fuss. I am ninety nine point seven percent positive she'll get some sort of send off recognition next year. You know, I'm actually I was actually expecting her to retire next year period and probably get a send off match in Chicago. But we'll see where she ends up getting one. I think, you know, a listener has been the unsung hero for this team for so long, and in fact, I hate the fact that her most legendary performance was the twenty twenty three World Cup and that's the one that you know, her teammates couldn't get the job done for her. You know, she even saved the final penalty kick, despite what Vaer said, And she has two She's was the number one for two World Cups. She got one win. She obviously was the backup in twenty fifteen. She now has a gold medal, which is a pretty you know, nice thing to add to that. So for a listenaire to step aside, while it John may feel sad for a lot of people, and I get that she she was obviously an integral part to this team for you know, more than almost a decade. It is good that she is stepping away before forcing the hand of him that hey is to make it a difficult decision because John, as you and I both know, she is on the wrong side of thirty and while goalkeepers can play long. We struggled with the Brad Guzan comments commentary recently because he was up and down. You know, he had a great end of the season, but he's been up and down throughout a lot of his past what two years. Even so to not force a coach to say, hey, you're no longer the number one while she's still on the team, it's pretty respectful. I also think again that it's nice to see a player step aside while still acknowledging they can have a club career after the national team. I'm hoping we see more women's national team players do that. But Alyssa is vastly, it was vastly important to this team, and now John, we get a goalkeeper battle.
Speaker 1: Uh huh. So then who is And this is very Jim brownish or very very Sanders ish from a listener to to go out where you are internationally and it's like, nope, I'm good, I'm out.
Speaker 2: Its two fantastic games over the window.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so you know you're just going to go back and be a Chicago Star. Uh. So it's for me. It's it's going to be interesting who, by the way, uh is going to be able to compete with moments like this? This could end it.
Speaker 3: Jesse Fleming, the Canada captain, taking on the responsibility of leading this new era in the women's national side.
Speaker 4: The game at her feet thirty there, she says, three. She could have verted one lesson that's almost single handedly set the United States and of the women's Gold Cup final.
Speaker 1: So you've got moments like that. Who can do that? And then who can, by the way, proceed that moment once again? Thanks to our friends. It's at CBS and a Conca cap with a moment like this, And now she takes third.
Speaker 3: Still can't believe her tipping onto the posts in the World Cup knocked them out a chance for redemption there into the bottom corner.
Speaker 4: This is the listener game. Oh my goodness, says two steps up, a lot of second opens up their hands, slaps it into that far corner. What a penalty kick that is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so Chris Witningham and Laura Lindsay in the Gold Cup go Watching probably one of the most certifiable badass performances. Yes, and that was only nine months ago.
Speaker 2: I know that was And she did it again, remember, and she believes Cup. You know, it cannot be understated how amazing her mentality is. And I think that's what I want people to take from her, is that is a way that you can go about being a star in the national team. You can show up, do your job and be a badass.
Speaker 1: So then who who Comma bart Comma gets to be the next bad ass between the sticks leg.
Speaker 2: That's a good question because I don't know who that person is right now, and I don't think we have a clear picture on who the number one is now. If you were to ask me, if you were to ask me before October, I probably would have said Casey Murphy. She was the heir apparent. She got a lot of time in goal under Black, which is something we didn't see a lot of. Alisonaiir didn't really start for the national team until she started for the national team. So Casey Murphy has had a lot of big game and a lot of international minutes but I think it's very fair to say she has not grabbed that starting job the way that we expected her to. You saw someone called into camp this time around. She didn't get playing time. But Fallanelli's Joyce is one who is starting for Manchester United, the best goalkeeper in the WSL right now. You also have Jane Campbell, who didn't feature in the fall friendlies because of an injury, but she's been around the national team for a long time. She's obviously the pride of of Marietta, so we hoped she another Marrietta girl, hoping she can stay on with the national team. You have some older ones like Kingsbury, but you know it is an open battle in twenty twenty five and you have two years Emma Hayes does to figure it out. And luckily in twenty twenty five you don't have any real major tournaments. You can use She Believes Cup with all three of those friendlies to maybe try out three goalkeepers or at least rotate to see who gets, you know, the best looks in game. And you have a whole league of nws AL goalkeepers who I think a lot of them have proven they could be that player if given the opportunity.
Speaker 1: And that's you know. And it was in the broadcast from Luke Wilman and Julie Foudy Last time Out where this was part of their their running commentary and Julie Foudy mentions, yes, she has two point five years to figure it out. She kind of has two and a half, but she really doesn't because you've got to be ready by that event to you know, be to have everything locked into place.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 1: If your if you looked at your paperwork, you you looked at your paperwork, you looked at your research, you looked at your your yearbook and all of your thought pattern here, what does your gut tell you about who would be number one? All things being equal? What would you if you were stacking a roster? There was the the Bart Keeler Soccer for US POD Invitational that included the US Women's National team and it was I'm not going to say like over Christmas holiday or anything, but let's just say, you know, Valentine's Day, It's the Valentine's Day Extravaganza for the Soccer for US PO D Cup and the US WNT is a part of it. Who would you stack your roster with? When it comes to being between the sticks.
Speaker 2: Well, let's just look at a real tournament we have she Believes Cup coming up next winter fall, whatever season that is at that point in time. Yeah, I guess that's winter. I would I would have Casey Murphys me my number one one. I would have Jane Campbell as the two, and I would have follon tealis choice as the three. But I also really would like to see Katie Lund from Louisville. I think she's the one that I've been championing for a while. I do think she needs to be on a better soccer team, but I think Katie could be a very interesting choice. She's very tall, like Kasey Murphy and and very very good shot stopper. I don't really think there's anyone else. And again, like Mayde how it's a good shout of a player who could get an opportunity. I just don't know who. How much you want to experiment, right, there's there's a difference between bringing players into have them prove in person what you've seen on tape or you know, maybe at a game, right, because Emma's not at training sessions. But then there's a difference between that and while it is a tryout, the field is very selected, right, it's curated. So I do think that you've seen kind of the players that ma he is maybe is already considering, and they are Casey, Jane Fallen, and probably Mandy how It wouldn't surprise me if there are some other interbusal keepers coming in. But yeah, those are the ones that I think are most likely to be battling out for the number one spot.
Speaker 1: It sounds like there's thirty eight keepers that could possibly, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, there really are, John And I think that's the difference between now and in twenty sixteen when we moved on from Hope Solo or Hope Solo decided to move on from the US women's national team is it was a very much a well it's now listen air and we were a little uncertain. And part of that was again because Naire hadn't been given a lot of national team playing time. Whereas now we've seen some goalkeepers. Right in October we saw Casey and Mandy, Right, that's good again and she believes cup it when it surprised me if we see at least two goalkeepers played, maybe three. Again in twenty twenty five, we don't have any real tournaments coming up, right, we don't have to worry for on the women's side, uh to worry about like, oh, we gotta go win a trophy. Obviously you want to when she believes cup am, I understand it's a tournament, it's a bunch of friendlies, so you have time to go explore. You have time to test players out in a real time. But again, you're not holding an open, open tryalt. You're carefully selecting who you're bringing in to make sure that they are up for it. And this is where Emma's going to be really tested. You know. There's some other position battles in twenty twenty five that we did talk about on the podcast, and we will probably talk about it a lot coming up in twenty twenty five. We have that futures camp in January, which is in a Hayes taking the January camp for the inside and actually framing it correctly, and we'll see if anything comes from that. I don't know if it will. Tiagan why as the youth national team goalkeeper that I think a lot of people are high on, but she's still I don't think she's even twenty one yet, so We'll see John, but I'm glad that Emma is having tryouts but being very selective about who's being brought in.
Speaker 1: Okay, kind of sort of involving soccer for USPOD Christian Polisic a torn muscle in his right calf, Ac Milan said on Monday, following an MRI could be out until January. During the first half of Milan's loss at Atalanta on Friday, Milan said he would undergo another MRI in a week. One of the top players this season five goals for assistances in Syria three goals in Champions League. The men's national team does not play official match until facing Panama in CONCA CAB Nations League semifinals in March. Policit could return. According to the four letter and wire service reports for the Italian Super Copa semifinal matches against Juve in Saudi Arabia on jan three.
Speaker 2: There's another piece of breaking nudes that relates to Atlanta United. There, John, if you want to hit that, so the chat.
Speaker 1: So the the high performance note.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did we get that already.
Speaker 1: There? So you gotta I boosted the I boosted the the note briefly, so we there is a new individual in the elevation of the sports science department. David Tenny is now in as Director of High Performance for Atlanta United MLS, NBA, NCAA Sports Performance vet. David Tenney as quote their director of high Performance in the quote, twenty years of sports science expertise, most recently four years with Austin before that, three years with the Orlando Magic, eight years with Seattle there's your tie, and a couple of years with Sporting Kansas City, replacing Head of Sports Science Ryan Alexander, quoting Garth excited to welcome David to the club's director of high Performance. Considered a leader in our industry. David brings twenty years of experience and elite sports performance during which he worked for multiple MLS teams across multiple different sports, overseeing the club's performance department that includes first team Atlanta United two and the club's academy. SO Director of High Performance David Tenney is now in led the sports performance department with Seattle for nine years oh nine to seventeen, ultimately promoted as high Performance director for the twenty seventeen season with the Sounders, two MLS Cups four Open Cups made MLS Playoffs, in all nine years, Tenny created the Sounders Sports Science Summit Say that ten times fast, which became a leading sports science conference. Goes into his career, but a director of high Performance now for Atlanta United, David Tenney. It's being brought in from Austin FC, so that.
Speaker 2: Is needed him to keep Politic healthy.
Speaker 1: Ah, there's there's the first singer of the morning.
Speaker 2: It is Bang.
Speaker 1: It's such for Policic.
Speaker 2: He's had a fantastic season. Hopefully this can't. I mean he's legitimately had player of the Year type performances uh for Milan this year. So I think Milan will miss him a lot, but hate that for Polisic.
Speaker 1: Yes, so you know he's he's been not been been on a heater, as they say in the casino, and he is going to be on the shelf for a little bit. Obviously going to be monitored by anyone and everyone that is attached to the men's national team program. Okay, it's that time for reffing down here. And uh, there was the one play that I wanted you to look at specifically before we go into the activity in the Premier League. And Tom wanted to go back to an Evertonian call from the midweek as well, So that was actually requested that we look at this long. Ever the Evertonian call from the midweek, but the penalty call at three to three for Krusasu and Klubamedica last night. You have a penalty call in the box at ninety plus four, and it kind of looked like either one of two things. It looked like dude was trying to take a summersault over the opposing player or it was a hip toss that was being made inside the eighteen. But in either case, you don't want to give the man in the middle something that he's got to think about at ninety plus four in a tie game that's going to decide a semi final, that's going to get the winning club to a final.
Speaker 2: Correct. That's gonna be the problem here for this particular moment is when you're making any sort of challenge in the box, you have to be you have to be very careful because and a pivotal juncture like that one, I will say, referees don't want to have to make a call here, right, This is not the type of game deciding decision you want to have to make.
Speaker 1: But but but However.
Speaker 2: We're also very much in the heightened sense of awareness of what's going on because everything else is very very very tensions, very very intentious. There are going to be people who are going to get mad no matter what this decision would have been. So, yeah, the defender made I think, made a mistake by making such a I don't want to say careless challenge, but that's by definition what a foul is. Yes, just not not sticking through our technique.
Speaker 1: Let's put it that way, right, So, and the point that I wanted to go in sideways here and discuss with the idea of a center f navigating a moment like this and trying to determine internally, Okay, I've got a tie game, it's ninety plus four. Do I let it go or do I at ninety plus four in a three to three game that decides a semi final in a second leg to determine who's going to play for the Aperture Championship. Right, that whole notion of okay, do I let it play out? Is it too harsh? There's there's that line that you've got to navigate late in a match with everything that's important and everything attached to the top of it. That's kind of what I wanted to gauge your opinion on here, all of these different things that you have to navigate as a center f y late in the match with all of this, that that is important as important as it is well.
Speaker 2: And that's that's kind of the question you have that I the way you framed it, I don't love do I just let it go? And again, I think I've talked about this. I don't like the it the term of oh, just let them play or let it go. Let it you know, that to me indicates that you're too scared to make a call. And in this type of moment, you have to have the testicular fortitude.
Speaker 1: There you go to.
Speaker 2: You have to have that that courage to know that you can and should make a call right because you have to keep your threshold of is it a foul the same right Just because it's the ninety plus what four fifth now doesn't mean that it's any less a foul than if it happens in the fourth minute or the forty fourth minute or the sixty fourth minute. You know, you have to have the courage to believe in yourself to make that call.
Speaker 1: And that was kind of what how many how many times do you see outside and I guess said, we can be talking about various and sundry levels of the sport. How many times have you noticed that either as just as as an observer of a match where the line shifts late. Because of all of.
Speaker 2: Those external well, I think with var John we have been able to keep our lines a little more consistent throughout the game because in the past I definitely believe that there have been referees who wouldn't have called something like this because you you don't want to be the person who impacts the outcome of a match like that right now. Personally, again, if it's a falles falonied to be called, that's that's my personal view on things. You know, I don't think that the stage of the match is that shouldn't bear much on that. But you also have to take an account the You do have to take an account the temperature of the match, the stakes in the match. But again, if it's a foul, it's a foal and it should be called. That's just where it is. But I think now with var John, a lot of referees feel confident in making calls because it can be reviewed and you can overturn it. But on the flip side, if you were to say, no, don't, I don't think that was a penalty kick, and then you have the opportunity to take a second look at it through VAR, that could also help you again then make that call. And I think that's just where we we. The benefit of VAR is being able to actually corroborate get second opinions. Maybe it's your own second opinion, but you're still getting a second look at things. I still would prefer the referee make this call if they feel it's a foul. Don't get wrapped up in the the time, the stakes, the you know all that.
Speaker 1: But that's got to be a difficult thing though.
Speaker 2: It is. It absolutely is, John, It absolutely is, and especially in a country like Mexico where they are not particularly friendly to referees and you know they throw things on a good day. But that's my slighte ofup Mexico for the Yeah, that's but yeah, I mean it is scary to make that call because of course you're going to make a call like that, right, and what's going to happen to me to the after every player on that team, plus the bench plus the coaches, plus their brother in law, plus their sisters brother in law are all coming in to tell you how wrong you are. Right, And you know, while they're not supposed to be talking to the referees like that, they will and that can be You know that that type of stuff is scary. Again, the last thing you want to do is wrongly impact the outcome of a game. But you know we always say, oh, well, we want to let the players decide, right, That's what all the commentators will say. We want the players to side. Making a foul is a decision. I'm sorry, you don't just make a You don't just foul someone without action and decision. So them committing that action that resulted in the foul is the players deciding the game.
Speaker 1: Absolutely true. We've got a bookmark the fifth Pro World eleven on the men's side that has been announced this morning as of about oh but twenty minutes ago. Real surprises across the board except Messy. Actually Messi is not in the fieft Pro World.
Speaker 2: Eleven, but he is the MLS MVP John, That's true.
Speaker 1: He is absolutely an MLSM Wow and Bape Holland Venetius junior midfield de Bruna, Rodrick, Kross, Bellingham back three, Carve Hall, Rudiger van Dyke and Ederson in net. That is the men's team fief Pro World eleven.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't have a hot take about that, John, it sounds right.
Speaker 1: Was chosen by twenty one and sixty six players the world eleven, so that was that was the best in the world. Are PFA members, so that is that came out. Everybody wants to know, Hey, what's your what's your take on the world. It's like, yeah, okay, looks good. Yeah, it's okay, cool. You had twenty one thousand vote, no real surprise. So yeah, they broke that out this morning starting at ten o'clock. And apparently Lucy Browns has now matched Wendy Renard's record of seven appearances in the fief Pro Women's.
Speaker 2: Good for her when we talked about her last week. She's a class player and continues to prove why.
Speaker 1: Okay, fift Pro Ward eleven on the women's side looks like it is a three three three one. Barbara Bonda up top, behind Cacedo Marta and James behind bon Natti, Walsh and Potaeus or Ptellus is anglicized Lucy Brons, Greenwood and Carmona, and in that it is Mary ERPs. So that is your fief pro Women's World eleven. Yeah, okay, okay, that seemed to be rather resignated.
Speaker 2: Uh let me.
Speaker 1: Mary, or so it's Marta, Lauren James, Linda Casado, Barbara Bonda. So basically four forwards.
Speaker 2: Lauren James is really only good at stomping on people, so I'm not I just don't understand the love with Lauren James. But that's that's also me being an Arsenal hater. Yesh Midfield healthy hater as an Arsenal fan, Kira.
Speaker 1: All shlets you tell USTI your back three defensively, Lucy Brons, I.
Speaker 2: Don't think Petelius deserves it. I gotta be real, honest, she's she's at this point, she's just writing on name recognition. That's just where she is. I'm sorry she hasn't been that elite for a while, and I would like to say that again. We have n W s L bias because you're telling me not a triple Espresso the group that won a gold medal, No name me, Germa. But hey, they plan they play in Europe, so that means they must be the best player who's ever existed.
Speaker 1: Right, wait, so what country are they playing now?
Speaker 2: Well, so we have Catos in Spain.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, no, I was going for the effect.
Speaker 2: I was going for the well, a couple of them playing, but of them.
Speaker 1: Yes, you know, now you cant to differentiate from now going forward? Yeah, you got yes. See back three Lucy Bronze log of Carmel and Alex Greenwood marry in that. So you you have your Your one complaint is Alex superto You got a lot.
Speaker 2: Of English players who ain't one deadly squat since twenty twenty two.
Speaker 1: But okay, fine, five of the eleven are are are English.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's not shocking because now I will say the WSL okay John Power Rankings of Women's Sport of Soccer leagues is you still have NWSL at number one, despite what anyone else wants to say, y'all come over here and try to win in this sleep. It ain't that easy and your body is going to be hurting afterwards. That's number one. English Women's Super League number two. Right, you have the most actual talent top to bottom in that league compared to other leagues. Right, Spain is like number seven. You've got Barcelona, Barcelona. None of the other teams are that good. Right In France you've got two teams maybe three. Yeah, you know Leon PSG, that's it. Yeah, Germany's getting better. You got Wolfsburg, you got Byron. But telling you man like European leagues are there, they're all just very concentrated and they all have you know, they have two teams maybe in each league that has all the good players, right mm hmm, okay, good.
Speaker 1: Then there's an imbalance, I believe as.
Speaker 2: We're massive imbalance and talent and and that that's why I just I'm sorry, I don't buy into the European hype the way that a lot of people do. There's there's a lot of euro snobbery coming from the women's side because you know, oh, well they play pretty soccer. Yeah, well watches Trinity Rodman and mouse wantson just run past them and blast the ball into the back of the net.
Speaker 1: So yeah, you want to talk about imbalance, go to Scotland and look at their league. That that is about as imbalanced as yeah. Uh var reviews for refing down here this week. I know that Tom wanted to go over an incident in the midweek at Everton. So one of the incidents I wanted to discuss has to do with elbow up and it's the coolest Chefsky elbow on Romeo Lavia, Tottenham and Chelsea. The seven goal craziness that was there. Lava knocked to the ground first half stoppage, Koulishewsky elbow up, Anthony Taylor gave the free kick, took no disciplinary action. Should and the question is should the VAAR have advised a red Koulashevski catching Lava on the back of the head with the elbow. No reblem was given.
Speaker 2: I think, you know, just because something looks bad doesn't mean it's done with excessive force. Right again, our our our standards careless, reckless, excessive force. Right, So you give a red card for either serious foul play or violent conduct. And the question is did that meet either one? It looks bad, it's a foul for sure, it could have been a yellow card. I think that's probably a safe, a safe bit of discipline there to say that was a very reckless thing you just did with your elbow. But to me, this like is it a normal challenge in the scheme of the game that could be that can be considered reckless, where yes, you might be going up with your elbow, but most of the time something like that, when you're in the grand scheme of actually playing soccer, is not going to be given a red card like that. Right, it looks bad, I know, but there's a lot of things that look bad that are just unfortunately still part of soccer.
Speaker 1: Question says it could have been violent conduct for the use of the elbow, serious foul play for challenging for the ball in a way which endangered the safety of possible I mean, and so in the the arm that had elbow up obviously that you're looking, Kulashevsky had a closed fist. I mean that that traditionally, when you're when you're you know, challenging for someone you're trying to clear out, it's not going to be with an open hand. So that's kind of a a natural it's almost a red herring for me with a closed hand in the situation, yes, because traditionally, you know, when I it's like I'm when I'm running, I'm running closed handed, even if my elbows at ninety degrees, I'm not running, you know, like I'm trying to be a windmill or something like that.
Speaker 2: So yeah, again, I think this is one of those where it didn't look and you cannot judge this necessarily. But this is the benefit of VR is it didn't even look premeditated, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it just looked.
Speaker 2: Like two people challenging for the ball. One's elbow got higher than the other. I personally think a yellow card could have been a very appropriate course of action here, but I do not think that. John. We always talk about we don't want VR to re referee no right, and I don't think there's any reason for VR to intervene for something like this.
Speaker 1: Okay, So then let's go to the Casado Sar incident. Ough So, Sar and Caysato challenge in the thirty three Anthony Taylor gives a free kick to Spurs. No disciplinary action taken. Also checked for a possible red for serious foul play. No red was given as Casado is past the point of the ball and Sar is caught on the shin by cay Stato as he has gone past, And once again it gets into context about the same level of force to go to a review.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do think this one probably looks a little worse than the elbow. I think this is one that maybe possibly could have been a red card. Sure, but I do I kind of understand what the reasoning of this was. At the very end of his follow through, it was very obvious that the attempt was still to play the ball. Right Again, is this serious foul play or violent conduct? That's the level we have to kind of that, that is the level we're trying to hold it to. And I don't think this necessarily is serious foul play, but I can see why. You know, I could definitely see why this could have been given a red card. But again, is it serious foul play? That's the question, yes, And that's what we're staring at here. Uh Okay, So while I'm going back into the archive to go over and find the Everton moment. Question from David who was in Raleigh this past weekend, daughter went to waken Stanford, who do you like in the Wake North Carolina Final? Well, I work with a woman who played at Wake, so I'm gonna support her. U and C has all has enough titles. They don't need another one, even with a with an interim coach to as someone who did go to college in North Carolina.
Speaker 1: Yes, ABC, Aha, yes, anybody, but but I do.
Speaker 2: Think I think Carolina will win it.
Speaker 1: But ABC, yeah, I see, I see, I see you working here.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: Like I said, I love how computers. You sit there and it's like, look, I'm trying to find I'm trying to find the moment with this Everton call. And Tom, if you've got it ahead of us, then we can get into your wake. Yeah, so wake would be nice to see the w So crap, I can't find it, like in the time.
Speaker 2: If it's the off side, I think we talked about it already, and I think we did an offside. He was offside, like it was he he committed.
Speaker 1: Again.
Speaker 2: I think we talked. It may not have been a foul, but it's offside.
Speaker 1: Okay, so there we go.
Speaker 2: I think that's what if that's the one we're talking about that that we've covered that, right, I think we he sets the full on O P I pick, you.
Speaker 1: Know, Yeah, I think I think we did talk about it, memory serves. I think we did talk about it when you came on late last week. So Tom, go back. But yeah, that's the short version. It was an O PI pick all right. So what else is going on in the soccer for US pod Planet that folks need to know about other than going back and listening to episode one oh five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go listen to that. Determining when we're recording this week because I have three soccer games to play this week plus a weekend full of referee coming up. Yeah, so we'll see. We're going to try to record something before Christmas to kind of wrap up twenty twenty four, and then we'll lead the year with as we did last year, our resolutions for the US Soccer program and teams. Yeah, that's what's coming up.
Speaker 1: Yes, all right, Well be good, my friend. It's great to see you. Like I said, since I've got championships next week, I don't know what the next week, what next week's GrITT is, So I'm trying to get I'm trying to get substitute hosts to come in and make it and see what's going on. So we'll see who. We'll see who's going to be hosting.
Speaker 2: An intern who could do that?
Speaker 1: Well, not an intern anymore. Yeah, a full on we've got a full we got a full on sicko.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So to add to the full on sickos and what's Chason doing anymore?
Speaker 2: The season is done, he don't have a job.
Speaker 1: We will discuss, my friend.
Speaker 2: That man is busier than as my dad would say, he's busier than a one armed paper hanger. So as are you.
Speaker 1: You ain't kidding, brother, We will see you soon, my friend. Be well.
Speaker 2: Y'all have fun, and yes, make sure you check out the Women's College Cup final tonight. Go watch that