Speaker 1: Five o five if you have darc De talk station, Happy Monday unless your Bengals stand a vacation and happy month trying to make it happy Mondy anyway, Yeah, Bangles suck. I know, watch the game. Myself sucks to be us. Maybe next time. Uh, let us see what's coming up this morning. And I hope you had a wonderful weekend. I got to see Wheezer on Saturday night. I put it on a great show. I've seen them a few times. Went to Columbus for that. It was fun. And a whole day of canning yesterday at the Thomas household. If you care anyway, does anybody want any amazing hot pepper jelly. We've got like nine gallons of this stuff. We had so many peppers. My daughters just had this bumper crop at her place, and so yesterday was pepper jelly day. Anyway, Moving away from the light nature of the weekend onto the morning, Well, interesting topics we have in the morning show this morning.
Speaker 2: We do.
Speaker 1: You have quite a few guests. Thank you to Joe Strecker, who is on his last day of vacation. Sean McMahon covering for the vacationing Joe Strecker, who was supposed to be back tomorrow, although Sean, I'm kind of worried you might want to clear your schedule off for the week, as Joe threatened he liked Florida so much he was can see if iHeart had the openings in the Florida in the state of Florida. So a couple of pictures from the beach. So Joe really apparently enjoyed his time off, so I'm worried that he may not return. Fingers crossed on that one coming up though Nick nol ledook Our God Given Freedom who Nick Rode along with Kay Carl Smith, who's been on the program quite a few times, say the country's facing a crisis which we could lose. Well, the country could lose its ability to secure our God given freedom. The book is about the political efforts to deny and destroy what God has given us, our god and given freedom. Again. That's coming up at seven oh five, This Smith event. It is Monday. Christopher Smithman joins the program every Monday, or if he's not available, I'm not available on a Monday. He's doing on a Tuesday anyway. The Smith event at seven point thirty. Always enjoy hearing from the former Vice mayor of the city. And it is Monday, so the return of Brian James. Money Monday, Brian James, how regular families could be affected if the tax cuts expire. Taking one thousand dollars from your four to one k for emergencies easier than ever, but you should consider some other options first, and what history tells us about presidential elections and the stock market as will be the topics of our conversation's moorn than Brian James beginning again today too. A five to fall by Melkay, host of The Melkay Show, her book Americans Anonymous, and maybe a shout out from Todd Sledgeman the sins antava kind of that wasn't on the original rundown. We we heard from Todd Sledge saym looking forward to the Monday segment. Here's what I want to talk about. So we'll try to iron out the details on that as we move forward this morning. So we'll either hear from them or we won't, as the case may be. Love hearing from you five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two three talk go with pound five fifty on the at and t phones and where to start here, Well, let's start. You heard the top of the air news They did mention that New York Times College poll pointing out that Trump was ahead slightly over Harris forty eight forty seven. But on the two conservative or not conservative enough, they looked at Donald Trump asked the question is he too conservative? Eleven percent say he's not conservative enough, fifty percent not too far either way, right down the center, and then eight percent say they weren't sure or well refused answer, So thirty two percent actually say think that Trump is too conservative. Contrast that with Kamala Harris. Forty four percent said she's too liberal or progressive. Nine percent seem to think she's not liberal or progressive enough. Well, forty two think, well, she's neither too far either way, five not sure or didn't answer. So there you go. And I thought this figure was interesting in spite of the fact that Kamala has has not done any one on one press interviews substantively asked her answering questions, putting direct questions to her, and us really not knowing about where she stands. We'll talk about Bernie Sanders on that one in a minute. But twenty eight percent say they feel they should know more about Harris in order to support her, only twenty eight percent. Only nine felt the same way about Trump anyway. I guess you have to have your head in the sand and not know where Trump is on the issues. But as far as Kamala Harris, I don't know how you could know where she is on the issues. One of the issues apparently increasing and extending and expanding social security. I'll get to that in a second here. Bernie Sanders, though, saying the quiet part out lot. Maybe when I asked about Kamala Harris's flip flopping on quite a few of her previously expressed progressive policy position quote NBC anchor Christen Welker asking Sanders un meet the press. She previously supported medicare for all, now she does not. She previously supported a ban on fracking, now she does not. The Senator, our idea is that you have campaigned on. Do you think she is abandoning her progressive ideals? Bernie Sanders, No, I don't think she's amanding her ideals. I think she's trying to be pragmatic and doing what she thinks is right in order to win the election. So I read that, and you can interpret it any way you want. She's still inside her head a progressive, a far left liberal. She has not abandoned those positions. What she's doing is she's telling you that she has in order to should get elected. Then what happens after she gets elected? Does anybody believe everything that politicians say? Did you expect everything they campaign on to be enacted into law? We still have a legislative branch that's going to have to embrace these and come up with some sort of agreement that's able to make it through both chambers of the executive branch, going on the legislative branch. So what you say you're going to do and what you ultimately do when you're a politician or complete two completely different things. Inspact I. When asked to defend her shifting policy positions during our first sit down interview, you heard you remember that one. It was a sort of a sit down. CNN did this one, Dana bash right, you saw it. I think the most important and most significant aspect of my policy perspective and decisions is my values have not changed, Kamala said out loud. You mentioned the Green New Deal. I've always believed, and I have worked on it, but the climate crisis is real that this is an urgent matter to which we should apply metrics that include holding ourselves to deadlines. Around time. We did that with the Inflation Reduction Act. So she's still embracing that in spite of the fact the power's going off in California because they have fully embraced it. On NBC, Bernie Sanders said his views were slightly different than hers, but still considered her a progressive. She has another approach toward moving to universal healthcare, so not Medicare for all, but some other approach which is basically the same thing as how I read that. But then again, but again, he said, I think on issues like expanding Medicare, like expanding social Security and lifting the cap on taxle income that the rich puts so we can raise social security benefits, they need to raise the minimum wage. I think if a campaign on those issues, raising questions on billionaires, you know what she's gonna win. I think she can win. Bit so I expanding social security. Where did I read that we had a real problem with the funding of social security? Oh? Right there. Over the weekend, one of the multitude of articles pointing out how terrible the finances are in the Social Security program. According to the Old Age Survivor's Disability Insurance Trustee Report, social Security currently facing a sixty three trillion dollar long term unfunded liabilities sixty three trillion. Can you even get your head around that figure? They say? The report looked at two things. How much money would be missing indefinitely how much money would be missing in the next seventy five years. Report determine that there will be a permanent sixty two point eight trillion dollar deficit in about a twenty three trillion dollars shortage for the next seventy five years. H trustees of do OASDI did. The report noted that the shortfall could be eliminated if the combined payroll tax was raised to about seventeen percent, or if there was a permanent reduction in benefits for all current and future beneficiaries by about twenty six and a half percent. Now, can you swallow or stomach a twenty six and a half percent reduction in your Social Security benefit? Have you planned for that financially? Is the current benefit you're expecting, the one that you read on the Social Security form that you get from time to time, which says on the cover, this is not a guarantee of what you're going to get. It's a calculation based upon the current status of things. But is it enough to get you buy? Especially noting inflation and the cost of living adjustments apparently for Social Security have not kept up with inflation. And it's a report of the record of the Employee Benefits Research Institute. I don't know who they are, but they did a reward was released back in April. Eighty eight percent of workers anticipate so SI's security to be the top source of actual or expected income in retirement. Kama Harris wants to expand it, and that's just one of the things. She wants to expand Medicare as well. That program also, and I'm being generous with this description shaky ground. And can you handle a seventy percent increase in your taxes if you want to go the opposite direction? No cut in SO Security benefits, but a big cut in your salary. You know, I feel like I'm banging my head against the wall on these ridiculous I mean, the financial realities of where we are now, and brought to you by both members of our both parties over the years. The Democrats are obviously set to double down, triple down, call it whatever down you want to mean. They're going to increase the amount of government spending and we're already facing a massive, massive, massive whole before any expansions to any programs. It's bat crap in sanity five sixteen fifty five K Steve Talk Station five one three, seven four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three Talk Time five fifty on AT and T funds. Are they really eating neighbors cats in Springfield, Ohio? We've got any listeners in Springfield. That's all the reports about the Haitian immigration influx there. I'm just wildly curious to know if that's actually going on. Today's nine first one to weather forecasts got a sunny day to day stay closer to average, tempts to seventy nine over dangl of fifty three with clear skies Sunday Tomorrow eighty five for the high down to fifty seven with clear skies overnight Wednesday, another sunny day eighty nine for the high right now forty seven degrees fifty five. I've care see the talk stations bout twenty one on a Monday at five kre see dot com stream the audio directly from the webdage to get your iHeart media so you can listen wherever you happen to be with your smart device. And that's all the iHeart content. There are thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands. I could go on four hours on that of different podcasts and of course conversations, including my conversations from last week podcast. Get Major Fred Gavin's book A Few Bad Men, for example. That's that was a great conversation with him. You can check it out and then decide for yourself whether that's a book you want to get five one, three, seven, four eight two three talk one five fifty on AT and T phone. Anybody in Springfield, Springfield, Ohio, population sixty thousand. It has been reported on multiple news sites that they have received, or welcomed, or otherwise had land in their collective laps twenty thousand Haitian ill legal migrants, just Haitian, apparently exacerbating what was already described as a significant housing crisis. City officials have been hearing reports that the Haitian community has been eating pets and wildlife I know. August twenty seventh City Commission meeting, one local residence said the Haitians were in the park grabbing ducks, cutting the heads off and eating them the local wildlife population. More disturbing the report of a woman who had her cat missing. She put pictures of her cat, wanted to ask the neighbors where the cat was, etc. Et cetera, and was at one point, I guess it was their neighbor's house where Haitian migrants were living. She saw the cat hung up in a tree like deer slaughter style, like field dressing, cutting the cat up hanging from a branch like you do a deer for butchering, and they the Haitians were carving it up to eat. That's a quote from the local resident facebook post. And you know, I don't know if this is true or not. I just have seen it in quite a few different places, and this is how things get started. Just because it's there doesn't mean it's actually happening. But that's why I'm wondering, is this type of thing really truly happening? If people are reporting it at public meetings and commission meetings, one would think that there's some measure of accuracy to what's going on there. Some have refuted the claim as racist fear maggering. Others have provided a receipt showing that cats are indeed part of the Haitian cuisine. Different strokes for different folks. All I know is that somebody's family pet. One local resident told the city during the meeting, I can't take it anymore, referring to the Haitian migrants littering on her yard and harassing her and her husband. Resident Glenda Bailey told the city during the meeting, they have become the occupiers. What they've done is they've replaced the population in Springfield. Back in July, city Manager Brian Hack wrote through the leaders of the Senate Banking Committee asking for more federal funding. Of course there's your answer, right, don't vote Democrat, Thank you, John. Springfield has seen a surgeon population through immigration that has significantly impacted our ability as a community to produce enough housing opportunities for all, said Brian Hacked, the city manager, asking and begging and pleading for more federal money to deal with this problem that the federal government created through their lacks of immigration policies and refusal to enforce laws on the books. Elections have consequences, folks. And if you're about law and order and you're about trying to secure the border before it's too late, is it too late? By twenty five fifty five car City Talk Stations forty Monday Monday Smith Event Monday Are God Given Freedom by Nick Noel Monday and Lka, hosts of The Malka Show with her book Americans Anonymous. There's your lineup this morning five one three, seven fifty two to three talk over the local story. State regulators going to have a hearing I guess this week since a city hall where residents can comment on Duke Energy's plans to what do you think raise or lower your rates? Right? Raise raise your rates by eight percent nearly eight percent of or three years. Public Utility Commission of Ohio is going to be hosted hearing six pm tomorrow, eight oh one Plum Street City Council Chambers. Duke disclosed the rate hikes in an application filed back in April with Utilities Commission. Land out plans increase electric rates and charges in Ohio from June first, twenty twenty five through May thirty, first of twenty eight. Rating police will not include northern Kentucky, where Duke also provides service. Proposal raise electric service rates about one point seven percent in the first year, six point two in the second, and seven point nine by the end of twenty twenty eight a quarter to the High Consumer Council, which is a WATCHCOB group watchdog group that opposes the rate increases. Duke disputes the numbers, claiming the rates would go up six and a half percent cumulatively over three years. Duke said the rate increase is needed to cover the cost of procurement and delivery. Spokesman John Joysch, speaking with the Cincinni Inquirer, thank you Randy Tucker for reporting. We really just charge what we pay for supply and distribution, okay. RAID hikes would affected about eight hundred thousand utility customers here in Southwest to hire result an increase of eleven dollars and twenty seven cents a month in the third year, or annually one hundred and thirty five for the typical residential compute consumer with one thousand kilowatts of power per month use see typically residential electric u is. Now we're paying one hundred and seventy three forty a month when Duke fought its application, Morning Willis Consumer Council director said Duke's latest asked for three years of increased rates is too much on top of its recent increases to consumers. All right, Duke said in a statement the rates higher rates would enable constructive customer focused benefits. I'll leave it to you decide. Hemilin County judge temporarily shuttered it downtown bar after persistent allegations of violence, underage drinking, and crowds that exceed the fire code. Friday, Judge Megan Shanahan found Rusconi's Bar and Kitchen and contempt for violent in our court order that the business adheres to the city's fire code. Court records say that the early morning hours of August nineteenth, Please showed up for a noils complaint and found two hundred and twenty nine people inside. Maximum number of patrons posted fifty. Yeah, I'd say they exceeded it, just as scoche. Judge Shanahan or to the bar, located at one twenty six to sixth Street, padlocked shut. Cincinnati Inquirer and Fox nineteen reporting city has an ongoing nuisance complaining against the bar. Full hearing on that matter. Of September twenty seventh. The order posted on Rasconi's door padlocked in place four pm on Friday. The order says the Court for the finds the appropriate and necessary remedy to prevent defendants from further violations of the Ishio fire coat is temporary closure of the property. HMMM two hundred and twenty six people in a building a room designed for fifty six ay moving. Over four people have been displaced after an apartment fire happened on Sunday evening. Corner of the press release by the Sininni Fire Department, crews were dispatched to the fire structure fire at eight hundred Vienna Woods had at seven pm last night. When Cruz showed up, they discovered a three story apartment building with smoke visible from the second floor. Apartment's residents had already evacuated, which is good. Cruse mainly managed to extinguish the fire within thirty minutes. Estimated damage forty thousand dollars. No reported injuries until the forty four firefighters showed up at the scene. Cause of the fire determined to be food left unattended on a stove. Don't do that. Let's see and finally, authorities in Kentucky continued searching for a suspected gunman after seven people were injured and as shooting incident on I seventy five in Laurel County, the south election in about eighty miles. The Sheriff's office there says that it's attempting to locate thirty two year old Joseph Couch. They think his armed is Dangerousthority said they believe Couch was shooting from a nearby hillside. Believe him still in the area. They're asking people to avoid that area to prevent him from getting in, to prevent him from getting into a vehicle, but this is still an active thing. The shooting may have been pre planned. Sheriff's office said they were called I seventy five year Exit forty nine five thirty pm on Saturday for reports of a gunshot victim. They found nine vehicles with bullet holes nearby London, Kentucky. Mayer Sat in a Facebook that they were at least seven people injured and five of those people were shot. The other two victims injured in a crash related to the shooting. Victims hospitalized in stable condition early yesterday, but some had serious injuries, according to authorities in the release. Search for Couch continued yesterday, Sheriff's office said, and an update that had located a vehicle registered him registered to him near the shooting scene. Investigators discovered in an ar rifle near the side of the car. I seventy five shut down for about two hours following the shooting. It has since been reopened. Five thirty five five k see the talk station Great five KRCD talk station, Happy Monday. Maybe I was asking out loud whether these reports from the Springfield have been measure of actoracy. You know, I know that Mike Wilson had the same question the other day on Facebook. Since I live in South was High, about an hour from Springfield, many people have been talking online about Haitian migrants everywhere, overwhelming the city and doing things like eating at cats. Somebody have any firsthand knowledge one where the other. I don't trust the randas online nor the mainstream media. That's see. That's my point. That's why I asked out loud. So Corey's on the phone with a comment about it. Hey, Corey, thanks for calling this morning. Welcome to the Morning Show.
Speaker 3: Hey morning, Brian. Yeah, I'm on my way to Springfield now for work, obviously, but uh, Springfield looks like a third world country. All these Haitians that are brought in there, they know, none have jobs. They're all homeless. They're checking up in anywhere they can in that park at the reference. It's a big park on the northwest side of town, and it's homeless camps up and down at people sleeping in their cars, and the trash everywhere. And I haven't seen them kill a Goo three thing yet, but there is a more normal carcassons laying around.
Speaker 1: Okay, so at least in terms of the numbers and the volume, you're at least witnessing something along the lines of what's being reported, although you don't have any first tend knowledge. If they're eating neighbors pets.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I haven't seen that yet. But they have overran the city. Like I said, it looks like a third world country from what it used to. And they've been there for a while. They just didn't get sent there last week or nothing. They've been there for about three months, and yees, any of the residents around there they can't take it. And I'm heading there today and I'll be going up and down the railroad track, which is along the rail tracks is countless homeless camps. Yeah down, that's actually a bunch of pictures to send you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do that, And your statement to that effect is one of the responses that Mike Wilson got like this, I see them all up and down the railroad tracks, these homeless encamp and so you're just basically verifying by what at least one other person who spends time or lives there has confirmed. So I appreciate Corey you've called in and he'd been listening to the program a long time. I trust you at your words. So yeah, Firemount Firemouf some pictures and we can post them up on the Morning show page. Careful out there, brother, have a good day, and thanks for calling in. Five one, three, seven, four, nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three talk five fifty on AT and T phones over the stack is stupid. We go to Arizona where Arizona Police estimate thirty people were injured when they say a seventy three year old man drove into the building of the lodge that they were trying to leave. That's seventy three year old Thomas Edwin Kine arrested after the vehicle drove into the Elks Lodge building at Apache Junction on Saturday night. Alcohol, according to police, was a contributing factor. Patchy Junction Police said in a statement, the accident shows just how danger can you commut a drink and drive. Alcohol impairs your ability to drive safely by reducing your reaction time and decision making skills. Thankfully, no death reported. Police reported a number of injuries, though of airing in severity. At least ten people had to be taking a local hospital, one person in critical but stable condition, fifteen people treated at the scene for minor injuries, five others took themselves to the hospital and jail record. Jail records show this seventy three year old Kine was in custody in Penal County. Did not immediately return a phone caller court records that were not available. Regarding court records, but they which weren't available online yesterday, City said we just want everyone to remember the drunk driving and have serious consequences, not just for the driver but for everybody around them. Court of the Alexs Lodge fa Facebook posts they said that was thinking every thinking of everybody injured in their families. They also shared a number of crisis support highlines for those in need. Okay five come on to five, forty five fifty five care site talks to you by forty nine good for to call three seven fifty eight hundred eight two three talk other wives back to stacker stupid got A twenty four year old woman discovered she was on the no fly list for American Airlines No idea why. Aaron Wright traveling from Albuquerque in New Orleans June twenty seventh this year, she noticed that she couldn't check in for her flight. After trying to get through, she spoke to somebody an American Airlines kiosk who said she eventually who eventually told her that she was banned from flying on American airlines. She was talking to Newsweek on this one. I said she came me very confused and frustrated at the time because she couldn't recall doing anything to justify being banned from the airline. She apparently lives in New Mexico. She's standing in the airport and being told in front of people that you've been banned as a very embarrassing experience, especially when you have no clue why the time, she has staff at the kiosk for the explanation they couldn't provide her One Newsweek looked to American Airlines for comment multiple times. Apparently I didn't get one. She felt she was getting nowhere, so she spent one thousand dollars to procure another flight, on top of the four hundred dollars she spent on the ticket that she originally purchased and was denied access to. She said, I eventually had to just accept it because they were incapable of reversing anything without getting corporate security involved. I couldn't miss my sister's bachelorette party as or made of honor, so I had to book another flight eight hour wait for that flight. She was allowed to get on it, though, so during that time she contacted customer relations department in American Airlines for answer. She received a response twelve days later from corporate security telling her that she'd had been banned for having sexual relations with a man on a flight while intoxicated, and apparently that came as a bit of a surprise to her. She is apparently a lesbian, says, so it's obviously not something that I would do, said, you could see the funded this misunderstanding. Shelsea felt embarrassed and that all the people she had spoken to thought that she was having sexual relations on board of flights. She goes, it's just so unlike me. I feel pretty helpless in advocating for myself because I had such a lack of information. Sent appeal to the corporate security team, explaining that she hadn't done what they thought she had. After three months of waiting, she finally got a call. Talking to News, she said, after months of communication, they decided to take me off the no fly list until further notice since they can't figure out what exactly happened. They thought that I'd been diligent enough to show that it most likely wasn't me because I was reimbursed from my American Airlines flight, but was never compensated for the extra flight I had to book, or the massive inconvenience embarrassment I experienced. Wow, no mile high clove or her barely and well, it's like Jay rattliveday here almost recently. Traveling on a flight, she had a bit of a time while getting comfortable because the man next to her was invading her leg room space. Now viral video of course, twenty one year old Aaron Rymple took an hour and a half flight from Winnipeg to Edmonton to visit her family. After she sat down, was in the middle seat on the Flare Airlines flight. Never even heard of Flare Airlines. Man in the window seats in the window seats spread his knees out wide, crossing into her personal space and what she described as man spreading. She said, kept trying to push his legs lightly back to his side and hopefully they hadn't give him a tant for him to catch my hands. He didn't, since she finally reached down to grab something and pushed his knee toward him more aggressively. Said the passenger might or might not have been sleeping, but that he was awake enough to react. When she pushed his legs back, she said, he moved and shifted himself into a different position. Older man shorter than her didn't need to burn her space, she said, she's six feet two inches tall, and since she was able to sit in her space, the shorter man obviously should have been able to do it himself. No man spreading phrasing. Let's see in the remaining moments of time don't do this. Don't be this kid. Teenagers been accused of bringing a bb gun manufactured to look like a glock firearm into a Waltham, Massachusetts school. What happened last Thursday. Seventeen year old allegedly brought the gun into the Waltham High School team was removed from school and placed under arrest. Police released a comparison photo of the replica gun with a real one, and they look really identical. At least that We believe the underlying incident, which was brought to our attention, to be an isolated event, and have received no information regarding further threats. Thankfully, the student's name was not released, being a seventeen year old. But yeah, they do make some airsoft guns down there that look dead on accurate to a real firearm. It could easily be confused as a real firearm. So minu p's and q's and obviously don't bring them to school. Five afty five ifty five KR City TALX Station plenty more coming up at six o'clock hour. I'd love to hear from you if you've got a comment about something going on, and most notably if I get friends up there in Springfield. I want to see if this immigration crisis is real. Corey in the last phone call said yes, it absolutely is a problem. Reports of twenty thousand Haitian immigrants landing in the sixty thousand population Springfield, Ohio. How could anyone get their arms around that problem? Let me know if you have any personal information on that. Trying to get to the bottom of it, be right back after the news six, I say if at five Kara City Talk Station, Happy Monday till you and Mary Thomas Oola again. Joe Strecker back. We're very happy that John McMahon's covering for the vacation in Joe's Treker. Joey's do back tomorrow, though odds are kind of slim that he's ever going to go back to work. Did he come back from sew Do we even know if he came back from Florida? You haven't heard yet either, all right, Kiss Tomorrow's gonna tell the tale coming up in one hour. Nick Knowle with the book Our God Given Freedom, co written with Kay Carl Smith. K Carl's been on the program and you get k Carr going. He is just out just amazing guy, can really get on a roll. So Nick Nole is going to talk us all about our God given freedoms and how they're disappearing. If you haven't noticed, Christopher Smith, Aman, it is Monday. We get the Smith Vent every Monday at seven thirty from the former Vice mayor of the City of Cincinnati. So today no different than that norm Monday Monday with Brian James, Return of Brian James got multiple topics, including how regular families could be affected if the tax cuts expire, which Kamala Harris wants to expire. Actually taking one thousand dollars from your four to one k for emergencies easier to do than ever, but consider some other options first, and also the other topic with Brian James, trying to find my article here what history tells us about presidential elections in the stock market. Then we'll hear from Malkay, host of The Malka Show, Americans anonymous and name of her book, Restoring Power to the People, One Citizen at a Time, and maybe a report from Todd Sledgeman. Since an Eva, we're still trying to figure out whether that's scheduled for today or not. That's your lineup and I always enjoy hearing from you, so feel free to call five one, three, seven nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two to three talk time five fifty on ET and T phones. Just a general request out there to my resident friends in Springfield, Ohio? Is any of this true? I am not the only one asking out loud. When you start reading internet reports of Haitian immigrants eating people's pets and eating the ducks from local parks, it sounds like it could be one of those viral lies you can rely on your online fact checkers. Everybody's kind of asking the question out loud, is there any truth to this? It's widely reported that that town of sixty thousand people, sixty thousand residents of Springfield now has twenty thousand additional Haitian residents. Illegal immigrants from Haiti being shipped, bust or otherwise making their way to Springfield, Ohio, Little Old Springfield, So that obviously creates a housing problem. We have called the Last Hour. Corey says he works there all the time, He was heading up there right now and he sees the homeless camps all over the place and said the garbage is overwhelming. So one report from one of my regular listeners who I trust, and give me the right information, but has no idea whether they're eating the ducks from the local parks or the cats, which one person described online as having happened. They had the cat hung up in a tree. Was their pet cat been missing for quite a few days and they were slaughtering it like a field dressing a deer. Fog of the internet, this is a great illustration everyone. I mean, just type in Springfield, Ohio Haitian, then you'll come up with all kinds of people asking the same question, is there any truth to this? So if you're a resident of Springfield and you could shed some light, and I'd love to hear from you, But any other calls welcome as well. Five one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two to three talks. Now, endorsements can really impact an election. I got a big kick out of this one. President Donald Trump got secured the Fraternal Order of Police, the National Fraternal Order of Police that is America's largest and oldest police union. He got their endorsement just last week. Court of Release. FOP president Patrick Yoh said the groups meeting in Charlotte, North Carolina, in September sixth that Donald Trump actually attended secured him the nominator or the support during his time in the White House. We had a partner and a leader. Today, mister President, we stand with you, he said in the announcement. We have your back and we're committed to working tirelessly for your election. Find the fopn doorsement Republican Party branding now Donald Trump and JD Vance the pro police ticket, which is a good label, I think in these modern times where most people are missing the old days of strict law enforcement locking people up for committing crimes rather than while working with the bad guys and helping them get out of jail or otherwise avoid being picked up by immigrations and customs enforcement. Not going over real well as a strategy for the Democrats, at least that's my perception out in the world, I guess as the people of Springfield. And that's the FOP national FOP endorsement again, the largest police union endorsement goes along with the International Union Police Associations, the National Association of Police Organizations, as well as countless local state and police advocacy groves all backing Donald Trump. And I mentioned Trump met with the FOP committed the national one no similar meeting granted by the Harris campaign. Accord to the FOP in the news release, he was at least decent enough to show up explain himself. FOP president commented commended Trump for championing historic criminal justice reform policy, encountering efforts to defund the police. America's cities are under siege, he said, noting that a Trio police officer suffered gunshot wounds in Milwaukee on the eve of the FOP meeting. Not a good look. Trump of corporating policies that allow illuginal immigration, decrease funding for police, prosecution of police officers for doing their jobs, and misplaced enforcement of prosecutorial efforts. He said, people like him are targeted for alleging election improprieties, while violent criminal suspects are allowed to release with low or no bond and avoid meaningful prosecution. He's always got to work that election interference in there doesn't, he said. This creates a climate where the law abiding citizen, his words, is forced to live in fear and danger. We don't have to live this way. When I'm President of the United States. We are not gonna take it anymore, he said. Pivoting over. Tell me what do you think which is a better endorsement. Kamala Harris just secured the Socialist International, described as a worldwide organization of social democratic, socialist and labor parties. They have out loud express report for Kamala Harris President of the United States from the Socialist International. That's an initial cap on that. That's the name of the organization. If you want to find their website, I'm guessing it's something like Socialist International dot com whatever. From the Socialist International. We probably support at Kamala Harris in her candidacy for the upcoming election of No. Number fifth. We are confident that she will make history as the first female president of the United States of America. And of course along with that is there unstated support for her socialist leanings. I mentioned at the outset of the program this morning when including as Bernie Sanders pointed out, expanding the already what I come to realize now sixty three trillion dollar underfunded or unfunded liabilities in the Social Security program or plan alone doesn't talk about Medicare, Medicaid, the social Security funding facing a sixty three trillion dollar unfunded liability and socialist Kamala Harris wants to expand that program. Speaking of Medicare, she wants admit, well, now she's backing away from it, but since her principles and her leanings have not changed, that her principles remain the same, even though she is no longer out loud advocating Medicare for all. That program also woefully underfunded and in the hole. How do you expanded programs already can't manage what it's supposed to be able to handle right now. In terms of the Social Security plan, they're talking about either get your taxes increased seventeen percent or you are willing down the road to take a twenty five percent cut in what you're expecting as a monthly payment from the Social Security Administration. And the report also said that eighty eight percent of retirees where we're going to be relying exclusively on social Security, a train wreck going to happen. Maybe huh, Perhaps Harris wants to expand it, expand it? How I'm puzzled. If you can answer the question, please call me let me know. I just co collection say nineteen fifty five KRCD talk station. Have you Monday welcoming phone calls five one, three, seven, four nine, fifty five hundred, eight hundred eight two three TEK five by fifty on EIGHTE and T found one thing that seems to be certain. While I keep asking out loud whether Springfield, of how really has been overwhelmed with Haitian immigrants, it has been reported randomly around the internet and people. Some people are disputing in some people are saying, no, that's just racists making things up. I don't know. Well, what seems to be very clear is the Trey the Aragua or Trendy Aragua gang taking over. Actually, it turns out more than one of these immigrant shelters. We'd go to Aurora, Colorado, who's getting the brunt of Denver, Colorado's sanctuary sanctuary city status declaration. It has been for quite some time Aurora wanted no part of that is not a sanctuary city. And yet because the overwhelming number of immigrants coming into Denver, they've filtered over into Aurora, Colorado and have taken over at least a couple of different apartment buildings I guess that have been used to shelter migrants. As early as November of last year, armed Venezuelan gang members started terrorizing residents in an Aurora apartment building. A courd to the Denver law firm hired to investigate that law firm, Perkins Coy, a nationwide well known firm. Ten page issued is the officials talking about this trendy Iragua gang taking over the Whispering Pines apartments, not to be confused with the other apartment complex, but that has been taken over by the same gang, the Aspen Grove apartment complex in Aurora, apparently using threat court to the law firm using threats of murder in termination and beatings. Evidence also indicates the gang makers and gang members have engaged in quote flagrant trespass violations including human trafficking. According to the attorney who wrote the letter, Marcus Bunk, crimes also alleged extortion, unlawful firearms possession, sexual abuse of miners, quote, often targeting vulnerable Venezuela and other immigrant immigrant populations. He went on, the gang's motive appears to be to unlawfully move gang members as well as vulnerable immigrant families into vacant units. The gang also forces rent paying rent residents out to create more open units and use the apartments for purposes. Of illegal activities like prostitution. So the legitimate dwellers are well, I imagine they get a nice, unpleasant conversation. Somebody from the gang knocks on the door and says, you're leaving today. We're making room for one of our friends, with a veiled or actual, outloud threat of violence. If you don't know capitulate to what their demands are, we're going to move one of our own people in. Then we're going to engage in illegal activity in your former space. So have a nice day. According to the law firm, the gang, which operates in the open and uses firearms to patrol their their property, has intimidated staffed, stabbed at least one vulnerable immigrant in the apartment because of the alleged non payment, and otherwise terrorized the community. The lawyer said that the trend di Arragua has The gang has threatened and attempted to kill management staff since they began and infiltrating the building back in November of last year. In one case, he said, an apartment manager was so badly beaten that he had to go to the hospital, after which he left the state for fear for his own safety. Gang activity apparently has escalated this year. According to the attorney and the law firm and their letter to the officials, one gang member reportedly told a housekeeper, if he doesn't like it, we'll fill him with bullets. Funk wrote. The housekeeper understood the reference to be the gang's business plan of extortion. Video now out showing members of the gang moving around the building in large numbers, kicking indoors and armed to the teeth. Funk wrote, this conducts brazen and public nature. Further exhibits the suspected gang member's sense of comfort and control, consistent with their taking over the property and not fearing the law enforcement or the property management. Bunk wants to meet with the city officials to discuss returning the building to management control and the helpless Whispering Pine residents and the Aurora community. The officials in Aurora suggests that the gang violence was isolated, which is typically what they say, right, It's just an isolated incident, just an isolated incident. Anyway, it goes on, obviously, and I mentioned the other apartment complex there and problems with the Aspirn Grove apartment. And let's see here, let me get Robert's call in before we go to the break. Robert, thanks for calling this morning in a very happy Monday to you, sir.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Brian. How you doing, buddy.
Speaker 1: I'm doing as well as can be expected.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I live in the White Oak area in Green Township. Yeah, and I'm really close to the North Kate Mall and i was sold and I don't know if the groomor or if it's back, but the old Macy's building has been an a campman for migrants. And I've been noticing here lately because my wife works at the little White Strip Strip Mall center there and she's been seeing a lot of you know, illegals obviously, and I just didn't know you might have heard anything about that, if that's true.
Speaker 1: No, I have not. This This is kind of why I'm asking out loud. I think I'm expressing the frustration that so many people feel when they're read things on the internet and they get reports. There are some very reasonable, legitimate sources out there, like I typically refer to my favorite, most reliable, most accurate source of information as the Wall Street Journal. Yes it has a conservative lean to it, but they have high ethical standards for the reporting they do fact checking, so I trust them. I didn't read this kind of thing on the Wall Street Journal where I'm reading it. Epoch Times has articles about these gang takeovers, so does Fox News, both what I consider fairly legitimate sources. But in so far as the Venas or the Haitian immigrants taking over Springfield, they are varied and wide accounts of it literally everywhere YouTube. Thank you Maureen for sending the one the video there. I can't watch video here at work, but there are reports on social media posts. But you know what, I can go on social media and make a post. I can say anything at mL One you never know is Macy's. Does anybody know if Macy's the old Macy's in Northgate Mall is being used as an immigrant center that I haven't read. If you've noticed, there's very little local reporting on anything related to illegal immigrants in the greater Cincinnati area. Are we struggling, do we have financial problems? Are we having housing problems? Or is there crime related to it? And the other thing about this is people say, yeah, I see all these illegal immigrants, And when you say something like that, it kind of raises a question mark in my mind. If I'm walking down the street I can't tell who's a legal person, a citizen, resident, a legal you know, a Green card holder, or someone who's entered the country illegally. I don't know what they look like. We get illegal immigrants from like one hundred and fifty different countries around the world. Some come in white color, some come in black colors, some come in brown colors. You know what it is. You have no idea. Oh and like the US population of legal citizens, they come in a whole bunch of different color, shape, shapes, religions, and stripes as well. You can't pick one out of a lineup just by based on how they look. That's where all this racism comments come from. You know what I'm worried about, I'm worried about not the Chinese people. I'm worried about the Chinese Communist Party. I'm not worried about people from the Middle East generally speaking. I'm worried about Middle East terrorists, ices types and Hamas types. Right six twenty seven, iify you byt KIRCD talk station. Feel free to call offer your comments. I would love to hear from you. We're gonna do some local stories coming up. Back after I met six thirty three here if you have KIRC detalk station, Happy month, trying to make them happy anyway, considering the subject matter of the news this morning, like most days, it's difficult thing to do, but trying to remember that you don't really have control over a lot of this, talking about it, reminding yourself that you can't control many things, but you can vote for people who are well will be then in a position to control it. That's called a representative form of government, which is what we've got. We don't live in a democracy. Democrats quit saying that it's a republic. It's got to photo. See what marine's got this morning, Marene, Welcome to the program. Good to hear from you. Happy Monday.
Speaker 5: Oh thanks, Brian. Yeah, I just wanted to kind of elaborate on the Haitians and the duck eating and that sort of thing. The article that I pulled up, as I said, she was on Gateway PA.
Speaker 1: I saw that when that was one of the places where I first found it. Yeah, but you know, I know you're a fan of Gayway Pundit. But I'll be the first person to say I don't have the level of re liability or respect for the Gateway pointed because they are so unbelievably biased for the conservative message. I have read erroneous things on Gateway Pointed, so unlike the Wall Street Journal, I can read it there, and they're just we're just quoting what people at these public meetings have said or reposting what they found on social media. Now is that a reliable source of information. I'm really trying to get to the bottom of it because I'm so close in proximity to Springfield. I figure maybe some of my Springfield resident friends would call up and say, yeah, it's true, or no, it's been overstated.
Speaker 5: Well, at the bottom, if you go scroll to the very bottom of the article, which is their lead articles, go to Gateway Punted dot com scroll the bottom of the article. There's a video of the city council meeting and the guy's name is Anthony Harris, and he's being interviewed while they're videotaping him at this city council meeting. And I don't think somebody who says their resident is going to go to a city council meeting and make this stuff up because it's easily provable. But he's as a resident of Springfield, Ohio, and he's talking about how they drop off this bus load of pation immigrants at the gas station. They go and they run into buildings, they flip cars. They are going to the duck ponds and grabbing ducks and biting off their heads and eating them as they walk away. They're being very bold, and they're very in your face. And I tell you what else is going on, your fellow. Your caller talked about Macy's being a housing area.
Speaker 1: Young Yes, I had never heard that before.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I hadn't either till I heard that. But in Mount Airy Forest they I had a friend had an incident recently where And the reason I knew the name of this is because of you several years ago talking about a friend of yours that this happened to. And I remembered that you called it railroading. They lay down in the middle of the road. Oh and then yeah, in the evening, and then when people go driving up, they stop because they see a bunch of people laying in the middle of the road like a railroad track. And this happened to someone very close to me. And they were speeding because they needed to get home for curfew with a youngster. Anyway, they were speeding and that by the time they came upon this group of kids laying or people laying in the road, they couldn't slow down, so the people jumped up and scattered. So if you come across an incident where people are railroading in the evening and laying in the middle of the road, I'm sorry to say this, but don't stop. Because you stop and you don't have a weapon on you, they will come and overtake your car.
Speaker 1: And they're also Yeah, buddy, he was surround He had his young daughter in the car and his wife. There were in a movie. Uh, this was over a believe in Sailor Park. They railroaded and as soon as he stopped, as he was in a back road he kind of was taking a shortcut home, stopped, they surrounded his car and demanded and threatened him. Well, he pulled out his block nineteen. This guy is a concealed carry holder and he is a hell of a shot aimed it at him and they ran like you know, rats out of an aqueduct or rats out of a sewer and dispersed because well, he had a gun to protect himself.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and my friend was speeding and that's the only reason it saved her life. They would have overtaken her in a second.
Speaker 1: And you know what, if he hit him, he probably would have been prosecuted for hitting someone laying down on the street. That's the concern people have. I know, you know, it's really a frightening thing. Well, I appreciate the call. Marine. I can't thank you enough. Out of time got to run. Appreciate it. Six thirty seven fifty five KCD talk station. They went about six fifty three fifty five KRCD talk station. But he happen Monday two the top of the Iron News, you're gonna hear from Nick Noel book Our God Given Freedoms, co wrote, co written with Kay Carl Smith. He's been on the program quite a few times over the years. Kay Carl Man, I'm telling you that guy, like I said before, he just let him goes Hi, k Carl, how's it going today? Boom? That's all you need to do, just kick back and let him invent. Anyway. We'll here with what Nick has to say off the top of the Iro News, follow by Christopher Smithman with a Smither event seven thirty Every Monday, Money Monday with Brian James eight to five and host of The Melk Show, Malkay with her book Americans Anonymous. That'll be at eight forty assuming everything works out as planned and thanks Aginn. Sean McMahon covering for Joe Strecker on his last day a vacation. We hope it's his last day anyway. I think he's making plans to live in Florida permanently. Anyway, A short one here before we head on under the break and speak with Nick after the top of the Iron News Shared Brown. It's a small number, but it can happen, and you can see Secretary of State Frank LeRose is actually out there doing his job. Senator Shared Brown accepted a campaign donation, or rather a couple of campaign donations, from a woman who died prior to the campaign donations being made. New York Post actually reported on this when Carol Ann Baker Elmore died at the age of seventy seven December of last year, December tenth, out of Toledo Medical Center. We were obituary and in spite of passing away, she somehow is on record of making at least two donations to Shared Brown's campaign five months after her death. Now the contributions amounted to a total of three hundred and fifty bucks, so not a whole lot of money, but it is illegal. Case referred to the Federal Elections Committee by ohiuse Secretary of State Frank LeRose after conducting a preliminary investigation during which Baker's husband confirmed that yes, in fact, she did die. Spokesman for Lrose, our office received a complaint identifying the Friends of Shared Brown committee reported receiving two contributions from an individual that was confirmed to be deceased. But as that committee is a federal entity and not a filer with our officers, we referred the complaint to our findings to the Federal Elections Commission for further action. So Franklero's office, Head of Investigations Huan Lee, speaking with the Post, our Ohioans deserve absolute confidents in their elections. Purpose this letter to for your office of potential violations of federal law for your investigations as appropriate. Jared Brown probably accepting some votes from dead people too, I imagine accept money from dead people. Nick Nole book Our God Given Freedoms after the top of their news plus Christopher Smithman coming up at seven thirty I hoof. You can stick around history strass it happens.
Speaker 6: If you want to make America great again.
Speaker 1: Vote Traum and it's away at the top of the hour, fifty five KRS the talk station. It's seven oh six here at fifty five kr CD Talk Stations. Brian Twins wishing everyone a happy Monday. I'm happy to walk into fifty five k the Morning Show. Nick Nole, author of Our God Given Freedom. Our founding father's established the United States to secure our God given freedom. Our country is in urgent danger today. We must do our part. Written along with a friend of the show. He's been on many times, Kate Carl Smith. Welcome to the program. Nick. It's a real pleasure to have you on today.
Speaker 7: Well, thanks Brian, it's good to talk with you again too.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And the last time you were on, didn't we talk about the war against Black Americans in Freedom that you also with Kay Carl?
Speaker 7: Well, that was a time before last. But last time I was on was a few months ago when I spoke about this book, and I've kind of let it go too long. But you know, we you and I are are a little different, but a lot the same. You call yourself a libertarian, and I yes, and I call myself a Frederick Douglas Republican. Republican, and both of us want to live in a country that secures our God given freedom exactly.
Speaker 1: And I speak, you know, God given freedom. You know, I always try to mean religiously neutral. I'm a believer in God, my friend, and I'm not going to deny that. But what I try to do is spring from the logical and reason, which will parallel people who I have an actual belief and higher power in a doctrine and dogma. Because the state of nature, you know what I know it, Nick, If you are plopped down in the middle of nowhere before the formation of any government, what do you have? You literally have all the freedoms that God put you there, with the right to defend yourself, the right to forage and cook and you know, gather and hunt or whatever at literally everything. You're as free as anybody can be. And it's the result of us having to collectively live together that we can start sacrificing some of these freedoms, but usually it's in the name of getting along. You can't hurt me, I'm not allowed to hurt you, but we can both coexist and live our lives freely as we choose in this land, not anyplace else in the world.
Speaker 7: Nick, that's absolutely correct. And both of us push back against the rich elites who control everything, yes, and and try to control everything we do. And those are the Democrats, actually the laites who control the Democratic Party. And we you know, they've a lot of people say, well, the Democratic Party has changed, and that's true, but it's but it's always been the party of the rich elites who pick people against each other, classes of people against each other to control us and to control everybody. And you know, that's been going on since the very beginning of our country. And that's what a lot of my book is about, is because people have been doing that since they've been doing that since the beginning of our country. They were the originally they were originally the slave plantation owners who were stood against them most of the people in the country who were farmers and merchants who worked for themselves, and they were slave plantation owners who used black people who were slaves and white people who were subjects against each other to do their bidding and to make them richer and richer and more powerful. They were the ones who created white supremacy and the belief that white people are superior to black people, which is not true. But they created that belief and that still goes in this still has something to do with the way our country is run. They were the ones who removed the Indians from the southeastern United States and sent them on the trail of tiers to Oklahoma to get them out of their way and to take their land. And they were the ones who who tried to install slavery in Kansas and Nebraska. They bred hatred all along. They bred hatred, and they when they finally looked, they finally decided that the slavery was going to be eliminated, abolish. Then they fought the Civil War against our country. And you know what they the first when when the Civil War was over, the first black House and Senate members, we were all Republicans because they the Democratic Party was against them, and the Democratic Party used mass murders to keep black people from voting, and and and eventually used used the trick of accusing black men of being natural predators and rapists of white women, and the murdered them through lynching without any trials to breed hatred against black people. They took their war against Black Americans directly, and since then they've they've run a war against women, they run a war against rich versus poor. They make people hate old versus young. They divide us in every way they come against each other. And starting in the Industrial Revolution, they started using Marxism to uh to divide us. And you know, they've they've done everything they can to try to divide us, to keep us separate, to control us. And you know this and the Depression, what they did in the Great Depression, they used Marxism, installed Marxism into our government to increase the taxes beyond belief and to keep people segregated. And during World War two, finally World War two ended some of that, but it couldn't end at all. And after World War Two we had Eisenhower who came in and said, well, we're going to do something about segregation, and you know, and he tried to do everything he could, and when the Supreme Court made the ruling that separate but equal is not separate but equal, Eisenhower enforced that. He was the guy that said, Okay, I'm going to send the troops down to enforce that. To allow black people to go to college same as white people. And you know, and when it JFK came into power. JFK was a follower of Eisenhower. People don't understand that because he had the labeled democrat and his family was one of the richest elite families in the entire country. The JFK stood up against his own family and against his own party, which is why they shot and killed him. You know that he came in and he said we're going to do. First of all, there are three things I believe that got him shot and killed. One of them was he issued an executive order saying, we're going to start printing our own money instead this red federal government, to start printing our own money instead of the Federal Reserve doing that. The second thing he did was he said, we're going to bring down some of the taxes and the DR put into power. You know that FDR raised, We're going to bring those down, some of those huge taxes for business ninety five percent in some cases. And the other thing, the thing that really got him killed, the most important thing, was he said, we're going to start treating black people the same as white people. And you know, people democrats didn't want that. The rich elites who controlled the Democratic Party did not want that, and they wanted LBJ to be president because he would do what they want.
Speaker 1: And well, Nick, isn't ell. I was getting ready for to mention LBJ as you were going through this history of the Democratic Party and its obvious racist nature, the Klan support of the Democrats, the Southern Democrats were all pro slavery, anti black or pro Jim crow Law. All that. Johnson is the one that tried to transform history and change the history of the Democratic Party into something it never was. He was rather successful.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he was successful, people believed, but that's not true.
Speaker 1: It isn't that's not true.
Speaker 7: People believe that, but it's not true because what Johnson did was he came into power. The only way that he could possibly be be elected as president would be if he passed the civil rights law. And in order to pass the civil rights law, there were some conservative Democrats who wouldn't have even gone along with that, no matter what if he had not reduced the taxes. So he took Kennedy's tax bill, reduced the taxes, and he took Kennedy's civil rights law. And he knew that he had to pass both of those to be elected president. And so he did that, but immediately he turned it around and created a new type of slavery, a new type of political slavery with welfare, food stamps, and dependence on government for black people primarily. And and so he turned us around. He didn't he did those things, you know, because he had to do him to stay to get elected, and he thought he was going to get elected and then get elected again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Great Society Program and how that was going to that was supposed to solve poverty, wasn't it, Nick? And I don't think after trillions and trillions of dollars spent, it has done anything but make poverty worse because it's created well, generations of dependance.
Speaker 7: That's exactly right. And and and the first person that spoke up against him who was assassinated was Malcolm X. Malcolm X came out and said, we we have a president who's who's nothing but a Southern segist. And Malcolm X got shot and killed very shortly after that. And of course it was nobody that had anything to do with LBJ. But but then you know, then all these other people that got murdered, you know, after after Kennedy was murdered, all these people that the other people that got murdered, Malcolm X and uh and and MLK and r f K, all of those people were inconvenient to LBJ and to what he was trying to do. They were all inconvenient to his his ability to people pitted against each other, and and the way that he was trying to do that and create a new type of slavery basically.
Speaker 1: Well, and in terms of the Marxist reality, and I think that you know, built into Marxism is this inherent understanding of human nature. And I think it's one of the reasons that the commandment thou shalt not cove it. We covet a lot. We want our neighbor's stuff and things they've got more than us, and we feel like we've been somehow neglected or otherwise deprived of something we deserve simply because somebody else has more. And when you start fostering and encouraging and fomenting that envy and that greed and that covetousness and promise people that you're going to make things equal, this whole equity thing, you're literally justifying what I call simple slavery through the taxation system. You know, we're going to take we are taking from you what you work for, what you labored from, in the name of because some guy over there doesn't have as much. I mean, it doesn't factor into account. Reality, effort, hard work, merit, some of the things that are really responsible drivers of economic success in this country. Ignores all that. That throws it out the window, which.
Speaker 7: March says, because you're the ones who work for it and don't have it, you're the ones who have a right to it. And he makes people believe that you have a right to that to take it away, and you don't have that right. In not any reasonable way do you have that right. And at this point, what they've done is they've even come to the point of trying to assassinate Trump. And I think it was a miracle that he survived that assassination attempt. That that's what they've been, that they're willing to do anything to take control of this country and keep control of it in any way possible. And the globalists, they worked with, the globalists who all believe in Marx. The funny thing about Marx that people don't understand he was born the same year as Frederick Douglas. They were both born in eighteen eighteen. Frederick Douglas was born a slave, and he lived all his life as a slave. For the first twenty years he lived as a slave and actually taught himself how to read and write, and then he escaped slavery finally, and he became the greatest speaker, thinker, and writer about freedom and human rights in this country's history. Whereas Carl Marx, born the same year, was the son of a lawyer. He wasn't born a slave like Frederick Douglas. He was born a son of a lawyer, and he never had his freedom taken away from him, and he wrote his theories about freedom. But those are the things that are being followed now by the Democratic Party, the Marxists, and the globalists.
Speaker 1: And I understand in the name of making money. But what always, Maybe maybe I don't have a psychological component. I have no desire to control people, have no desire to dictate an edict or. It just seems so foreign a concept to me. Because I'm such a firm believer in our individual rights and liberties. I have no right to try to tell you how to live your life. It's just that just is contrary to my philosophy. But the people in power, I know they want to leverage it to give themselves money, but just simply the idea that they want to control us and take away these freedoms. I find that to be maybe like a DSM five diagnosable psychological disorder.
Speaker 7: And that's where the old saying comes around and says, you might not be interested in politics, The politics is interested in you because they want to control you. Politicians want to control you for their own power and their own wealth, because that's what keeps them rich. And they are the rich elads who control the country. And I think we've seen that proven through Trump's administration and through his time being kicked out of power and all the time he's trying to get back in at which we need to do. We need to get We need to take control again from the Democratic leads.
Speaker 1: Hopefully we can. If we don't do it now in November, maybe too late for our country, our god given freedom, our founderstablish the United States. This is care, our god given freedom. Our country is an urgent danger today. We must do our part. Nick No along with Kay Carl Smith, just two wonderful guys, Nick, I can't thank you enough for documenting it, putting in on paper. We're going to have it all my blog page forty five Casey dot com, so my folks can easily get a copy of your book and pass along my regards to Kay Carl. It's been a while since he's been on the show, but I think he's a fantastic man. Thanks very much, Brian, my pleasure. Nick. It's always good having you on the program. Keep up the great work, my friends. Seven twenty Time to the nine first warning weather forecast day sunny and seventy nine over nine clear in fifty three sunny tomorrow as well, high of eighty five clear again over nine fifty seven for the low another sunny day Wednesday, all the way up to eighty nine degrees right now, Well, hold on my chance. My temperature disappeared again forty seven degrees. Time for traffic. Chuck from the UC Health Gramping Center.
Speaker 6: Substance Dependence's a treatable medical disease that affects both brain and behavior. Do you see health addiction services can help called five Month three five eighty five eight two June seven, North found four seventy one continues to struggle. It's thanks to a car fire. Before you get the Grand travel lanes are block single file to get by over on the right shoulder over a twenty five minute of delay. From June seventy five and growing chucking ram on fifty five KRCD talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven twenty nine Here fifty five KRCD talk station. By the time, I was wishing a happy, happy Mundane always happy to welcome to the five KC Morning Show. Former Vice Mayor of the City of Cincinnati for the smither Van Christopher Smithman, Welcome back, my friend. Who if you had a wonderful weekend for the Bengals.
Speaker 2: I did, Man, I did, I did, And I hope you had one too. Look, brother, I really just want to start off and just jump in and talk about this this school violence that we're seeing across our country. We obviously know in North College Hill there was shooting outside of the stadium that had players diving on the field. It had the entire stadium evacuated. We know that there was a shooting on I seventy five, you know, in our community. But I want to really focus in a little bit on schools here to emphasize the importance of our resource officers that are in these schools. Because during the George Floyd discussion on the floor of council we have members of council at the time, that was council member Greg Lansman who was talking about we need to reimagine or rethink or pull out resource officers out of our schools. And I thought that that was not just an overreaction, but that it would put our students in our faculty at risk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and real quick, here wasn't the argument because school resource officers, they're police officers who spend their time in schools to keep order and you know, provide defense if necessary and that kind of thing, but also is an opportunity to engage and create better relations between police and the students who might be misguided in thinking police are all evil. But the argument against for pulling them out of the schools was, well, it could be triggering and there are people that live in certain communities that fear police, and if you've got a police officer in a school, that person may struggle. When I'm thinking ourselves, you know that person needs to be sat down and talked to and that reassured that no, you don't need to be fearful this person. This person's here for your benefit.
Speaker 2: Correct, Correct, And I'm saying my understanding is in that shooting, there was a resource officer there in Georgia where those two faculty members, two students, two fourteen year old students, and nine other students who are could be still in the hospital, some of them could be who are also injured. So nine injured, four killed. Two of the four killed were students and two were faculty. And so the reality of making sure that we have resource officers in these schools is critical. And I just want to remind the public right that there was a vibrant public discussion about changing that public policy here in Cincinnati, and some of that was led by Greg Lansman, who's now a congressional member, and I thought that his direction was not just misplaced, but would have made our school it was more dangerous at the time. And it was all during the context of the George Floyd discussion. And I'm saying to you, look what happened at the stadium at Elver and North College Hill, because many people who are listening to this have kids that are going to games, and we're parents and we're concerned about keeping our children safe, and the key people that are keeping our children safe our law enforcement. It is the front line. And so when you start having discussions about reimagining police departments, you have discussions about defunding the police. This is where I'm connecting the dots. When people are deciding who they want to vote for, what kind of public policy do they want from their elected officials, you have to remember these types of positions that ultimately put our children and put our society at risk.
Speaker 1: Brian Thomas, Yeah, with that question, and you know, honestly, Christopher, I remember these arguments being made. I mean, the whole idea of defunding the police just is mind boggling to me. Meaning there are bad people in the world. There are bad people in any given group, always so small subset, and that the same thing with police. The idea is you ferret out the bad ones and you maintain a really great police force that people have respect for and are appreciative of, for keeping peace in the community or at least seeing that bad guys are brought to justice. I don't understand how this ever became. I don't want to say it's a winning argument defunding police, because you and I both know, Christopher. In the neighborhoods and cities where they did defund the police, things went to hell in a handbasket.
Speaker 2: And we're still paying for it. Now. Yeah, that's the problem because it's so hard to recruit police officers across the country because of the rhetoric, right, and because of the Tuesday Morning quarterbacking. Right, These split split decisions that officers have to make, right when someone is pointing a gun at them or someone has a nice So the reality of it is we have to make sure that at the ballot box. So as we're deciding who we're going to vote for. Now, you and I aren't saying that what happened to George Floyd was right. It was outrageous, it was wrong. We're not saying that there aren't officers out here who need more training. We're not saying that there aren't officers who make mistakes. That's not the discussion. The problem with it is they went so extreme that we want to defund, reimagine, take police out of our schools, that they put society at risk, and now we have a much more difficult time recruiting people to become officers. And then the way we treated officers in those split second decisions where their life is on the line, someone's pointing a gun at them, and we say, hey, you probably should have used your taser. No, you should have used your gun. Somebody had a rifle. They just were inside. Now the officers, this is real. When I was the vice mayor, this gentleman in walnot Hills had killed his mother, came out with a rifle that Now, of course they didn't know we had just killed his mother. All they see is a guy out there with a rifle and they had to take his life. But you know, what are we going to do Tuesday morning? Quarterback and Rose officers who decided to shoot that person. They didn't know whether the gun was loaded or not. They didn't know as mom was inside did They just knew somebody pointed a gun at them. We have to do better with as a society of backing up our police officers as they're making these split second decisions. And so what happened here in our city, Because people listening to your show all across the United States of America, they're dealing with the same issues that we're dealing with. I'm saying to the public, it's not normal to go to a football game and for the football players to be diving on the field, and for the entire stadium to be evacuated. And I just want to say, that's not the society that we have to live in. It is the society we are choosing to live in because of some of the behavior of some of our public policy makers.
Speaker 1: Aren't here Man so much loaded into that follow up. Wise, we'll have to pause now seven thirty six with the former vice mayor and the Smith. Event after I tell you something that can be affordable, which is definitely not. The hospital imaging departments, images, MRI, CT scans, echo cardiograms, ultrasounds, loan screenings, any one of those could set you back thousands and thousands of dollars, literally set you back. And that's even after your insurance payment. Talked to Jeff, my friend, after his insurance process is echo cardiogram, it was going to cost them thirty one hundred dollars. You know how much an echo cardiogram is it Affordable imaging services, the whole thing, including the board certified radiologists report which you and your doc get within forty eight hours of the image being taken. It's four hundred and ninety five dollars, No ups, no extras, not thousands, four to ninety five CT scan with a contrast six hundred bucks without it's only four fifty. Most expensive image you can get is an MRI with a contrast. It's six forty five four ninety five without the contrast. Notice the difference, not thousands, including like up to five grand for one of these and separate bills for the radiologist. Don't do that. You got to always when it comes to your medical care. You can go where you want. Your doctor will say the hospital imaging department. You'll say Affordable Imaging Services. Learn more online on the website Affordable Medimaging dot com. The phone number five one three seven five three eight thousand and five one three seven five three eight thousand.
Speaker 8: This is fifty five krc an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: Contact interest it for seven forty one about KRCITY Talk station. Brian Thomas Swift, former Vice mayor of the City of since saying, Christopher Smith Mindling, will be like to call this smither event taking over in honor of my father's segment the Monday Morning Spleen Vent from way back in the days when Dad was around but I always enjoy having you on as a sub for my dad. Christopher. You do a great job.
Speaker 2: Thank you, brother, I appreciate it. Man, And I just want to say I'm gonna touch on this just briefly. I'll talk more about it with more information. But we know about the golfer, you know, Scottie Scheffler. I think that's how you pronounce his name. You know, I'm not a big sports person, but he was stopped by the police, arrested this year prior to you know, right before playing a golf game. And we have Truery Hill down in Miami that experienced something very similar to that yesterday. We don't know the details around it. We know it was a traffic stop. You know, there's video of him on the ground being handcuffed, and we know that at least one officer has been put on administrative lead. But let's wait and see, all right, let's see the body cam. He says he was very respectful. The bottom line here is, man, is that all of this is going to come back to training, how our officers are responding in these situations. And again, I don't know the circumstances behind this particular why he was being detained. But I can tell you that there's going to be a lot of chatter about it over the next forty eight hours. And usually, you know, we have an officer involved shooting, it's protocol to put somebody on administrative lead. It's not necessarily protocol from my experience, to do it during a traffic stop. So it could be that the chief has already viewed this the cam the body can and said, hey, there were some issues here that we need to deal with, more training, whatever. But I hope, I hope some good comes from it. At the end of the day, I want to just pivot because I know we got you know, my time is really short. We've got we've got a big debate tomorrow. It's huge. It probably in my lifetime since I've been following politics since I was about, you know, fifteen, this is probably the biggest debate, consequential debate for both candidates coming up, you know. And what I will say to you is that this is an opportunity for the first time, which is unusual in my lifetime, for us to actually hear what the new candidate, meaning the candidate that it was replaced for Biden, which is Vice President Harris what her public policy positions are. That is incredibly unusual because early voting in some states start in about a week ye and so you know this is going to be the only opportunity that the public is going to have. So I encourage people to watch this very closely and listen for public policy, not insults, to try to figure out what these two candidates have to offer our country and what their vision is, and if it's more of inflationary things like you know, we want to raise taxes to twenty eight percent. We want to tax unrealized capital gains. That's very scary to me. We want to raise the death tax to fifty percent. Listen to that. Believe people when they're telling you something. When I hear things like we want to give twenty five thousand dollars to everybody wants to buy out, I go, why not just work two jobs like I had to do to save the money in order for me to get my first down payment. My parents didn't give me my first down payment. I was out cutting grass. I was doing every thing I could, working several jobs in order for my wife, Pam and I to say for our first down payment for a house. I don't know what this mindset is that somebody has to give you something that you haven't earned. You know, these these these participation trophies, you know that everybody has to get. And so this is my frustration with this administration is I've got a kid that just came back. I've been very proud of him and speaking served four years in the military and just signed back up for the Air National Guard. And he's trying to enroll in the University of Cincinnati to go to school. He did his first month of training this weekend in Blue ash But what's my point. My point is that he's not in student loan debt. He graduated from high school and went to the military. Why do I have to pay off the debt of somebody who decided to go to Harvard or go to Yale, or go to Columbia University, or go to Ohio State. Why am I paying off their student loan debt. Whyn't the person who went and got a trade, who's an iron worker, who's a carpenter, who's an electrician, who's a plumber. Why are they paying off the student loans for somebody who went to Harvard or Ohio State or ou or Howard University or Tuskegee University. I don't understand it, Brian Todgas And it burns my butt that this socialism conversation, I want to hear that vetted out. Why are we making decisions to pay off people's student loans when my wife and I saved money, struggled to save our pities in order to try to provide some financial resources for our kids to go to college so they wouldn't have as much student loan debt or no student loan debt. Those are the things I want to hear these candidates talk about. I don't agree with it, and I think that everybody should be thinking about it's not free. So every time Biden President Biden says I've paid off a student loan debt, he didn't. He added debt to our debt that you and I then are, our children, are our great great grandchildren are going to have to pay off. Nothing is free in America. And I'm tired of hearing the word free. Nothing. The street car in Cincinnati isn't free. We told him it wasn't going to be free. We're paying and underwriting the street car every time somebody gets on it. Student loans aren't free. Nothing is free.
Speaker 1: That's hilarious. Rim you managed to get the street car in there after all that. We went from Guns and Believes Safety office.
Speaker 2: Because people keep walking up to me saying the street car is successful. The street car is not successful. We're underwriting the street car while they're talking about building the second phase of it. It's something we can't afford. We couldn't afford it when I was down there. We can't afford it now. We can't afford to pay off everybody's student loans. Go get a second job day for your down payment, deferred gratification. Where is the work ethic for Americans are? Where are our parents telling our young people? Get out here, work your butts off. That's how you're going to get a hit. Nobody cares about your race, buddy, Nobody cares about your gender, nobody cares about your sexual orientation. What we care about is you coming to work and working. What's going on with our kids who think they show up for a job, don't have to work, and I still pay you? This is what This is what my clients as a financial brander are telling me. Yeah, I'm trying to hire these young people and they've got their head down, or they're telling me they need to take a break. What are you talking about? You just got here. We need to get this work ethic back in our society Brian Thomas. And it's not coming from the White House. What they're telling people is I will give you everything for free. It's all yours.
Speaker 1: That's a problem, and that's how they end up controlling you and hooking you up to the umbilical corta government over which you have no control over your future. You are stuck relying on them to provide for what you should be able to provide for yourself. Scary, isn't it, Christopher, It's scary. And you're hearing this saying. I mean, I hear anecdotally from business owners the same thing about the work ethic of the youngest in the working class. They do not like to come to work, they do not like to show up, and they quite often will just quit out of nowhere with no mourning ahead of times, like I'm not going in period indus story. How do you run a business with people who just won't show up?
Speaker 2: Crazy? Brian Thomas. And I'm saying to you, if we continue on this track of these discussions, of socialism and communism. We're gonna this is going to get worse. Our grandparents and great grandparents never thought we would be in the place that we are in now. And that's why the debate tomorrow night at nine o'clock is so important for everybody to listen to. What are we talking about. Our government is not in the business of just giving away money, Brian Thomas. That's not what the government is put in place for its government should be much smaller, and we should not now. I believe in safety net services. People we hear hard times, we provide them a period of time to get back on their feet. But that's not a lifetime of benefits of thirty years that I'm providing you some type of social benefit for the rest of your life. We've got able body people in this country who will not work. That is a problem, Brian Thomas. And that's a part of my sweepment this morning, just to say I am tired of governments that are wanting to give everything away. And they use the word free. It's not free. They're taking money from my check, from my hard earned work, giving it to somebody else who's choosing not to work, whether it's for them to pay off their student loans or whether it's for them decide. I don't want to work. I don't want to get up and put air ten hours in on a job. And I had to work my butt off for what the little things that I have in this world right now. Nobody gave it to me. I had to work my butt off. That's how I got it. And I hope some people are listening to me. If you want to get ahead in this world, if you really want to make a difference in this world, learn about work. Education is great, but if you don't know how to work every single day, nobody wants you. You can't get ahead. You can have an eighth grade education and end up being a multi multi millionaire in this country. That's just how we have it laid out. The problem here is that our children are lazy brothers and they're being given everything for free, and they're being coddled. And that's the problem. I don't want a government that coddles me. Thank you very men.
Speaker 1: Christopher Smithman on Fire today as usual. Get his podcast at the five Caarsee dot com later in the day. Thank you, Christopher. We'll talk next Monday. Best of health, Some your morning news gets me ready for the day and all day involved and check in throughout the day. Fifty five krs he the talk station eight oh five. Happy Monday to you, Brian Thomas. Always looking forward to this time every week. Talk to Brian James to call it money Monday or we're financials Brian James, diving into some money related topics and getting ourselves hopefully prepared for retirement. And you know, good financial planner who's got your interest in mind as a fiduciary obligation is what you need in the world of preparing yourself for the future, isn't that right, Brian James. Welcome back, my friend. Thank you sir, who days I'd not here, just waiting to see if you brought it up because they figured you would. I have to wallow in it, you know. It's just not football season without little wallowing, I know. And it's just not football season without Bengals losing the first game of the season either. So anyway, we'll remain optimistic at least for the balance of the season. Thankfully, I am not a betting man, all right, got three topics we talk about today. I actually do not know which order you want to dive on into them. We have presidential elections, we have taking money out of four to one k, and also well tax cut expirations and how that might impact us. What do you want to start with.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so I think the tax cut things coming up here are going to catch people off guard.
Speaker 1: So what we're talking about here.
Speaker 9: In twenty seventeen, the Trump administration and acted the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, or commonly known as the TCGA GCJ A rather and this involved a slight tax cut.
Speaker 1: For me and you.
Speaker 9: If you compare your taxes between those years, if you look at your ten forty and literally do the math of dividing total tax due by your agi, compare those two years and you'll see about a two percent decrease in your taxes. So, yes, the masses did get a tax cut at that time. Corporations, however, got a tax cut from the top corporate bracket was thirty five percent that it is currently twenty one percent. So corporation's got a massive tax cut. This isn't news. We've known about this since this act went into place. But here's the thing. That tax cut is going to sunset at the end of twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: But not all of it.
Speaker 9: Your and my taxes are going back up. Some of the other things that are going to happen when when the sunset kicks in is that state and local deductions are going to be removed, and income tax brackets will will change a little bit. The standard deduction is going to drop from its current twenty four to eight back down to twelve seven. So we might be back to a time where it makes more sense to hang on to.
Speaker 1: Your itemizing again.
Speaker 9: We could be itemizing again and all that kind of stuff. Toile tax credit going from two thousand down to one thousand. Here's a big one.
Speaker 2: This.
Speaker 1: This will catch some off guard.
Speaker 9: This sounds like monopoly money to some people, but other people will should be paying attention to this. But the estate tax exemption is going to go from its current eleven point seven million per human being, so twenty three million or so for a married couple, that's going to drop to five and a half million. Now, again, that's a lot of money, and most people aren't worried at that level. However, when you add up to the value of homes and perhaps business assets and rental properties, you know some people are in this situation where you're sitting here right now today, you may not have an estate tax issue. Come twenty six, you suddenly will. Now that's the changes that are coming. The changes that are not coming, Brian. That corporate tax rate that is not going to sunset, So that tells you.
Speaker 1: Who this was all for.
Speaker 9: The reason we got this through and we put sunsets on everything else, is that so we could pay for corporate tax cuts and keep them in place.
Speaker 1: Well, and I'm the type of person believes in sound economic principles. If I'm a business and I have an additional cost in my business, whether it's the price of electricity, gasoline, or my income tax bill, that's going to impact my bottom line, and I'm going to do my best to pass along that cost to the consumer of my products. So it's going to be a pass through. So, I mean, if the corporate tax rate went back to thirty five, would would be the highest rate on the planet like it was before twenty one. At least is in line with the balance of the world, allowing us to have some measure of competitive you know, our business being competitive with global businesses. But if it goes up, I just kind of view it as the price of whatever I'm buying from them is going to go up.
Speaker 9: Sure, and I like that sentiment. That's heartwarming. However, we put these tax cuts in place for corporations in twenty seventeen. You tell me what the headlines have been on price inflation ever since. So have they passed that through? You're right, they passed the increases through to the consumer. Of course that's to be expected as just like it works. But do they pass the decreases through. The answer to that is a big fat no. So the way you get to deal with this, though, is if you are if you have your portfolio set up properly well, then you're benefiting from this. You own shares of the very companies who are who are pocketing the savings they are getting from the tax cuts that were put in place from twenty seventeen. You're not going to get them in the play. You will not get benefit in the form of reduced prices. They are not going to pass that through. But that's why you need to make sure you have a balanced portfolio. The reason I've said this before, the reason we haven't had a revolution in this country in two hundred and close to two hundred and fifty years is because we get to own parts of the estate via the stock market.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you participate, that's one of the means that keeps floating around online. You know, you're better off today than you were four years ago. And they point to the stock market and yeah, the stock market's going crazy, and thankfully I'm invested in it. But you know, there's a whole lot of people out there in the country that are going to rely exclusively on social security and retirement. And I saw this article. They did some numbers crunching. It's sixty sixty three trillion dollars in unfunded liabilities. Uh, And the article pointed out that like eighty eight percent of people are going to rely primarily on social Security to even survive, and that something's going to have to change. Kamala Harris is out talking about increasing and expanding social Security as well as other social welfare programs which are on similarly unstable ground. So you got to be invested. So are you better off now than you were four years ago? Yeah, if you're in the market and you're invested. But if you're not, you're still paying a high price for eggs and bread and milk and everything else. Exactly.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so you have to find a way. So my daughter just moved out. She's got her first big, big kid adult job.
Speaker 1: Congnsulation. Man, Well, thank you, thank you. It's exciting, it is, I know, it's great.
Speaker 9: So I told her, you know, the very first thing we're going to do, and this is this is it is just the old pay yourself first.
Speaker 1: But we've walked all through this.
Speaker 9: You know, we've supported her a lot of course through you know, student loans, and we got that all covered. And I told her, you don't owe us anything, but the payment quote unquote you're gonna make me is I want ten percent of your income going into your four oh one K for the rest of your life. That's the bare minimum, because that's the only way young people are going to survive because of what you just brought up. You just mentioned a term, Brian, that I think I think that gets lost unfunded liability.
Speaker 1: That is a.
Speaker 9: Fancy accounting word that a lot of people just kind of let slip by them. Most people know that we have a huge amount of debt in this country, thirty trillion.
Speaker 1: Dollars or whatever it is.
Speaker 9: That's the calculated debt, right, that's what we know about. That does not include social Security and medicare calculations. We don't bother to put those in the debt numbers because that just makes it it's already scary. That just makes it even worse. So let's just ignore those. That's what we mean when we say unfunded liabilities. We don't have a plan to pay for it. So you're right, you have to plan for yourself. You have got to invest, and you have got to realize that the stock market's going to bounce up and down and you're going to need to ride along with it.
Speaker 1: It's the only thing that's going to save you over time. And you know that. And your philosophy is the philosophy I guess I got it from my parents about being frugal and saving and planning ahead, because you know your I always viewed life as I am not going to be able to I'm not going to be able to rely on any body or any government to feed me, and I better damn well be in a position to take care of myself. So if you just go ahead on that strategy that you mentioned, you take ten percent out and you invest it, it's still your money. You can see it and watch it grow. You just can't spend it right now. But if you're not used to having it in your pocket and you have been putting in a way, you get used to the idea that you're got ten percent less to work with during the week, and it works out great. Again, that money is it's not like you're not going to get that money. It's it's going to grow. Yeah, And I'll tell you what it breathes.
Speaker 9: That that that frugality, that sense of of you know, kind of being responsible, all that it is. It's extremely important. But first of all, you can overdo it too.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 9: If you're gonna be frugal to the hilt, then your marriage is probably gonna suffer and you're not gonna have a happy life.
Speaker 1: So reasonableness is definite and lead key here.
Speaker 9: But the thing all throughout there, Brian is so having done this for close to thirty years now, the hardest hump for people who do this, who do just what we describe save responsibly, don't make a mess of your credit, don't panic when the market wobbles. Do those three things for thirty years, and you will have the fantastic problem of not being willing to spend your own savings. Brian Most of what I do is convincing people that it's okay to take advantage of the resources they have built for themselves. Because people get this idea, they get panicky at retirement. They may have a couple million dollars put away in their four to one case. They convince themselves that their their expenses must must fit inside of their Social Security checks. They completely ignore that sum of money out there. You know, a half million dollars can generate thirty forty thousand dollars worth of distributions a year that can be used to pay bills. Two million dollars can generate close to one hundred thousand, so all of it helps. You are building a resource that you have never tapped into, and it's hard to get people to shift years. It's the most fun part of my job, honestly, hard to get people to shift gears to being able to tap into those resources and take advantage of them. You built it for you, so take advantage of it because your kids certainly will.
Speaker 1: There you go, yeah, it's it's the money you put away for yourself. I mean, I didn't spend my life putting money into a four to one K program to leave it to my children do their own. Damn four o one k planning pause for we'll bring Brian back at a couple more topics talk about before we get to melk loan and loaning them out for us. All right, pivoting over, do you want to talk about taking money out of four oh one k or presidential elections and their impact on the stock market? Brian? Yeah, Let's let's tap into this four oh one k thing here. So, uh So.
Speaker 9: Four one K loans are commonly known as a people treat them as as kind of a resource. It is possible to borrow money against your four oh one k, and and there there are there are reasons to do it. There are, to my mind, there are more reasons not to. So let's hit some of the key points here. Sure, so Secure Act two point zero is where this came from. Right, so, there's an update to this. You can take penalty free withdrawals up to one thousand dollars for emergencies.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: This is not actually alone, it's just plain a withdrawal.
Speaker 9: You can do it once per year, and if it's repaid within three years, then you avoid taxes and penalties. It can be a better You know, there are better options out there, though, because the thing that scares me the most about this, Brian, is when people rely on their four O one K. I think, I think you have to have a clear definition of what an emergency is. An emergency is not when the ends just don't meet for the month, right if you, because that's going to happen more often than not. An emergency is truly there is just no other way, absolutely no other way. Our backs against the wall, and we have got to fix this problem, you know, and the only alternative is this pile of money that is otherwise untouchable. I think it's really really, really really risky to take out that quote unquote one time just to catch me up, you know, distribution, because then it becomes an option in your mind. And if you add up the amount of money that you'll sacrifice by pulling those dollars out in twenty twenty, for what could those dollars be worth in twenty forty four, that is an enormous amount of money. So just because the Secure Act two point zero has made it easier does not mean it's become a good idea.
Speaker 1: Didn't you used to have to understand the rules. I don't recall ever having to take money out of the four oh one k. But my understanding is that you did, you had to pay it back with interest.
Speaker 9: Correct, Yeah, And so a lot of people think, well, that's my own money, and I'm paying it back with interest, so therefore I'm just paying myself back. And that's kind of true, except you're not getting a deduction right when you when you pay those and you make those interest payments, you're putting your you paid you know, you're not getting the benefit of the tax deferral on those interest dollars. Interest payments you're making that flow into your four oh one k out of your checking account are not deductible.
Speaker 1: It's not like a contribution. You're just paying that loan back.
Speaker 9: The scariest thing, though, Brian, is people will pull out because if you're going to do this, it's generally, you know, a somewhat sizeable sum of money for whatever thing you need to accomplish. And then what happens is life tends to intervene. Your company lay you off, or you decide you've got this dream job or something out there. When you separate from service, Now that distribution, that loan that you're going to pay off over time becomes taxable and penalizable pretty darn quick. So you have to have a plan. B. I've got a client dealing with this right now that it took the dream job and kind of is getting broadsided by the idea that that loan he took a while ago is going to be tax and penalized.
Speaker 1: All right, now, Is there a difference between a wroth four oh one K and a regular four O one K when it comes to pulling money out?
Speaker 9: What given the circumstance, Yeah, that doesn't really factor as much as what we were talking about. Yeah, there is a difference in how all of that works. But the end result is you are you're you're exposing yourself to the risk of not having things go the way you planned, meaning you don't have the time to pay that loan off. So even though they've made it easier, is not the best idea. But the really big, the scary thing hiding in the shadows is how much money you've sacrificed over time by pulling the those dollars out, preventing them from growing. And again, the super scary thing is that that that becomes a sort of an acceptable alternative when everythings get tight, we'll just hit the four oh one k again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you cannot understate the loss of the time value of money invested in the market. That's important. What is it on average? Your money doubles every what eight years or something like that.
Speaker 9: There's a yeah, dependent if you're going to invest in the stock market, stocks should have. Stocks play a role for everybody, right what percentage of stocks, that's up to the individual.
Speaker 1: But I would.
Speaker 9: Propose that even the lowliest widows and orphans need to have a certain percentage in the stock market because nothing else is going to grow. If you have it one hundred percent in the stock market, you can count on that doubling every eight or nine years or so, based on about something.
Speaker 1: Called the rule of seventy two. Yeah, you can google that and figure out how the math works.
Speaker 9: But the overall average on the stock market is somewhere in the nine to ten percent range. That means some years we're up twenty, some years we're down fifteen. There's your ten percent average.
Speaker 1: Fair enough, Brian James, We've got one more with them. Does the presidential election impact the stock market and your investment should be shuffling things around in anticipation in the first week in November, or with Brian James Malworth hang on a second on one uh here quick weather for you got three days of sun in a row. Today's hight seventy nine clear overnight, all the nights in a row here fifty three overnight eighty five to hide them all with overnight a little fifty seven and another seventy day Wednesday with a high of eighty nine. Right now it's fifty type for traffic from the UCL Tramping Center.
Speaker 6: Substance dependence is a treatable medical disease that affects both brain and behavior. You see health addiction sciences can help called five one three five eighty five eighty two to two seven Seth found seventy one continues slow from Fifer down to an accident at Red Bank towards the lateral. They're on the right hand side sethbound seventy five that slows through Waklund as a Rex six street five douct near Freeman northbound four seventy one thanks to the left lane blocked off on the bridge. The slow go from Grand chuck Ingram on fifty five kr s the talk station.
Speaker 1: Hey forty fifi five karsd talk station. A very happy Monday team, maybe even extra special get to Welcome to the fifty five CARC Morning show. Conservative journalist, filmmaker and podcaster Melkay. She has a host of The Melkay Show, launched in March twenty twenties, become an amazing platform for intellectually rigorous discussions and analysis of pressing issues, and she has more than five hundred thousand subscribers who can document and vouch for that summary. Welcome to the program, Melkay, author of Americans Anonymous, Restoring Power to the People won Citizens at a time.
Speaker 8: Thank you for having me. Happy to be.
Speaker 1: Here, I'm glad you are, Melkay. I appreciate what you're doing every day. And let's dive into this. I mean, it's justn't a common theme anymore. I had a book author on a couple of them last week, and the erosions of our freedoms and our liberties, the almost willing giving up. It was almost when we look at COVID, we willingly gave up all of our constitutionally guaranteed God given right, freedom of assembly, freedom of worship and religion, all that thrown out the window in the name of COVID. But we were so we capitulated, we allowed ourselves to be ruled by lawlessness. It's a theme going on these days.
Speaker 8: Mel Yeah, it is. I mean it's very sad because the youth fear and panic and the media to really rile us up to a point that it's endless chaos and conflict. And you got the news and the social media, and at this point, the American people have been completely left out of all decisions being made. We aren't even a part of the mix going on right now in DC. And you know, people just have to start to take back their own power locally, get involved and realize that this country is their responsibility. That's why I say it's our responsibility to get out there and take the country back. I mean, most people never even read the Constitution, the Bill of Rights, the Declaration of Independence. If you just go and take the time, you'll realize we're pretty much at the twenty seven grievances point of the Declaration of Independence at this time, and it's up to people to take back this country, just like it was up to them just to fight the revolution, because you know, we the people need to It's supposed to be by the people for the people. But if the people aren't involved. It's not going to be that, and it's getting farther and farther away.
Speaker 1: Well, it's like that song, freedom of choice is what you've got, freedom from choice is what you want. That seems to be the the no. I don't want to deal with it. Let somebody else make the decisions for me. I'll be okay, which is not true. One of the problems. And I key, I've pointed this out for years and years. Now, okay, how to break what is this? This division? If there is something that we can be divided on. It used to be a period of time during our history it was a party division. You're in favor of this, and I'm in favor of that, and you could have our intellectual arguments over what's good principle, what's good policies. Now it's a global stirring the pot of division. Because of social media. You can't agree on anything, pick a cause somebody's out there stirring to the pot of division, which means the American flag is no longer this great symbol of freedom, where you Melka can pursue the interest in your world and I can pursue my interest free to do so. Now it's everything. You're evil, you're bad because fill in the black.
Speaker 8: Yeah, exactly. But this is by design, because we are fighting a bigger battle. A lot of people don't realize. I think probably there is a global public private partnership that consider themselves stakeholders over not just our country, but frankly the world, and they have plans agenda twenty thirty. Obama signed us on in twenty fifteen that Biden Harris have a commitment to it, and the American people didn't consent to that. So right now we're actually, you know, the choice in this election isn't about right and left at all. They don't even exist at this point. It is truly about are we going forward as the sovereign nation of America and going to reinvest in our country, protect our borders, protect our nation, and take back a lot of the money that's being wasted all around the world trying to intervene in other countries. Or we're going to become global citizens in a global world that has a global agenda, which is what Kamala Harris and all of them are invested in. It's a corporatetocracy to a certain extent, and there's a parent company basically running our country, and the lobbyists and the think tanks and all of them keep us so far away from being for the people, by the people that we the people have to start locally and statewise getting the federal government in control and out of our lives the way.
Speaker 2: That it is.
Speaker 8: It was never meant to be this overreaching.
Speaker 1: And so your conclusion, Melka, author of American's Anonymous, is it's not too late, and you offer thoughts and solutions on how we get out of the direction we're going and back to a nation of freedom and liberty under the flag.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's up to us. We the people of the United States, have gotten here because we took our eyes off the ball. We were distracted. We allowed the conflict and chaos coming from the media to divide us. It's time for us to unite and stand for America, because you know what, we're the last stand. Trump says, They're not after me, they're after you. I'm in the way. I'll tell you. They're not after America. They're after the world. And America is in the way, and we better start acting like it is.
Speaker 2: My thing.
Speaker 1: Amn Melky, host of The Melka Show. You find on podcasts. Get a copy of the book. You can get a fifty five cars dot com American's anonymous restoring power to the people, one citizen at a time. Read it yourself and then share it with a friend. Spread the news, the information and the knowledge, because if we don't take care of ourselves, it's going to be all over. Melka, God bless you. Thank you for what you do every day.
Speaker 8: Thank you, sir, appreciate it.
Speaker 1: My pleasure, absolutely forty five stick around. The VA's coming on next tot sledge a compact Act's got some details on that, but Frantel fifty three, eighty five tomorrow over night, fifty seven and eighty nine on Wednesday, Right now fifty three, Time for final traffic from the UCL Trampics Center.
Speaker 6: Substance dependence is a treatable medical disease that affects both brain and behavior.
Speaker 1: You see how the.
Speaker 6: Addiction scientists can help call five one three, five eight, five eight two two seven seventy one. There's an accident in your red bank on the shoulder. It adds to what runs heavy from above the Reagan Highway northbound.
Speaker 1: Four seventy one.
Speaker 6: It's construction barrel slowing traffic into down left side's box that traffic backs up past brand Chuck Ingram Month fifty five Karsne the Talk Station, Hey.
Speaker 1: Fifty eighthy about Kersee talks Station. Returning from the Cincinnio via Todd Sledge friend of all veterans. Remind folks, it is Todd welcome back to the Morning Show. It is suicide Awareness month, is it not? Yeah, absolutely, Brian.
Speaker 10: The month of September is a month nationwide that the VA focuses on suicide prevention, which it's every day, but more focus on it during the month of September.
Speaker 1: Well, last time I talked to this with the guest on the Morning Show. Fortunately the numbers have ticked down in terms of the numbers of veterans committing suicide on a statistical basis, but it's still too damn high. And that's why you're here to remind my veteran friends about the VA Compact Act. Yeah, absolutely, Brian, the Compact Act.
Speaker 10: We're almost run about a year now of that Act being available for veterans to take advantage of crisis intermittent care and any facility you know in the Tristate area, any non VA facility. So traditionally back the way things used to be. If you know, if you're in crisis, the veteran was in crisis, needed help, mental health issues, feeling suicidal, having you know, concerning thoughts, they had to get to the VA. Well that's not the case anymore. They can go to any facility, get the treatment, the emergent treatment that they need to get stabilized and healthy in the right direction in that facility will help the VA connect the veteran.
Speaker 1: With the right resources.
Speaker 10: The key piece is, Brian, it's for all veterans, whether you're enrolled, honorably discharged or other than honorable discharge.
Speaker 1: That's great. And you know, I've read descriptions of folks in suicidal crisis. Thankfully you've never been there, but it's this, I mean, you're overwhelmed. I mean you cannot cope. And the hospital or the locust the nearest medical providers the place where you need to be. And so I'm happy that this Compact Act has expanded the number of facilities anybody in crisis can get to. And I know y'all also, and let's remind folks also the Veterans Crisis Line nine eight eight and when it picks up, press the number one, and you are connected immediately with someone who can assist of any veteran in crisis. Nine eight eight and then hit one remind me of veteran friends about the Pacdact.
Speaker 10: Well again, you know, the Packed Act is now two years old, Brian, I can't believe that it.
Speaker 2: It feels like.
Speaker 1: It's been It feels like it us six months ago.
Speaker 10: Yes, with the Packed Act to promise to address comprehensive toxics. This has changed veterans lives. I've run into so many different veterans who under this Act got en rolled in VA Healthcare, but more importantly, filed acclaim for all kinds of different presumptive conditions that VA did not recognize before as related to their military service and made it just a significant difference.
Speaker 1: We have done close now to thirty.
Speaker 10: Five thousand toxic our veterans that you get to use our facility.
Speaker 1: So that's that's increasing.
Speaker 10: Our numbers of enrollment for veterans are increasing, But it's more importantly get ing rolled c a certified service officer to file acclaim and you know, again, Garner, all those benefits that you're entitled.
Speaker 1: To, wonderful, wonderful opportunity, for folks get the care they need. Veterans under fifty, it's important to get enrolled. Yeah, well, this is just my theory here, though.
Speaker 10: You know, what I've noticed in my thirty plus years of being with the VA is that if you're not, if the veteran's not usually enrolled by the age of fifty, they don't do it until later on in life when things are a little out of control, or the family as are surrounding the veteran loved one to care for them and be like, why is dad at a private hospital or a private facility when he's a veteran and hear it all the time, and it just seems like that age of fifty after that it's like, well, I'll use it when I needed just getting rolled, Just getting rolled and make sure that this connected at the time that you need it, and you know, doing it before the age of fifty seems to be the personal marker I've seen that you want to make sure that you've got yourself enrolled.
Speaker 1: Well, as you point out regularly, you know, todd Sledge, it's healthcare. You are getting the advantage of all these tailored health care so and maybe that by getting all this the tailored care from the VA. You know, before the age of fifteen, I keep you out of a crisis as you get older.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, well that and also you know, hearing aids, eyeglasses, you know, the things that we do predominantly better and cheaper than others in the industry when it comes to veterans.
Speaker 1: And you know, I say all the time about that.
Speaker 10: People say, well, what's the difference time, and I'm like, the difference is you have professional healthcare people who know veterans better than any other healthcare facility.
Speaker 1: Exactly right, all right, now, plain and simple. How does the veteran get enrolled to be a healthcare Yeah, that's very simple. You call our eligibility office at five one three four seven five six four nine. That's five one three four seven, five six four nine nine. Talk to one of our healthcare specialists about your benefits, ask all the questions that you need. We're getting ready to launch, hopefully next month Brown, I'll be able to tell you a new enrollment mobile enrollment clinic. We're going to be working with our county Veteran Service Commissions about as well, so they'll make a little bit easier for veterans to see us Bundy in person. Fantastic it live instead of over the phone. Great and you know I'm around to help you spread the word on that anytime you care to do so. Todd Sledge, thank you from the bottom of my heart on behalf of all my veterans in the listening audience. Thanks for what you do each and every day of the CINCINNTI VA, taking great care of our veterans and take advantage of these these programs you earned them, fellas ladies both Todd. We'll talk again soon, I hope.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I think yeah, Brian, and again thanks for all the your years of partnership and then love a caden and supporting our veterans out there. They listen to you because they stay. Told me that all the time, they said Brian told me to call us over here.
Speaker 1: That warms my heart to no end because I know I'm steering him in the right direction, because I'm sending them your way. Todd's Ledge. Until we talk again, Best of health to you and everybody at the VA. Eight fifty six folks, you didn't get a chance. Nick Nole was on earlier Are God Giving Freedom his book he wrote with Kay Carl Smith, get a copy of It's smither Vent. Christopher Smithman on fire as always with the Monday Morning smith Vent, Brian James, some solid information on investments, Melkay, host of The Melky Show, her book Americans Anonymous, Get it All at f at you I have krcy dot com. Tune in tomorrow the Bright Bart Inside Scoop among other topics, and hopefully the return of Joe Strecker. But thank you Sean McMahon for doing a great job filling in for Joe this morning. Folks, have a great day. Stick around. Glenn beck is coming right up your campaign Fitstock on the road to November. It's a circus. There's always something new happening in fifty five krs the talk station. This report is sponsored by