Speaker 1: Hello, everybody, Welcome to Game Spot after Dark. I am your host, John Luke Sipeke. It's Friday once again. Can you both believe it that over there is curtain of Vina. How you doing in the middle, Jake Decker, Kurt's doing some arts and crafts? Over here?
Speaker 2: There is.
Speaker 1: Is that? Are you just gonna draw the whole time? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I don't want to be I don't want to be a part of this podcast anymore.
Speaker 1: Hey, we're live for the first time for a second time, the first second time. So okay, Hey, audio listeners, you might be wondering, why wasn't there a podcast last week? We did go live U for the first time, and unfortunately there were some audio issues and it just it was unfortunately not salvageable. Jakes, Mike was basically off the entire time.
Speaker 2: Thank god.
Speaker 3: It probably would have been a better listen. I think without me anyway, for what it's worth, you only spoke twice.
Speaker 2: No, we're like twenty minutes true about Monster Hunter one?
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh yeah, we're not going to do that again.
Speaker 1: No, you would have had to have had been there, you had your chance to talk about it. We're not talking about I don't need to talk about it. So yeah, so unfortunately that that episode didn't go up, but hey, this one definitely will.
Speaker 4: I guarantee it unless my audio breaks. But Max is listening. I'm want to talk a little bit. I got a thumbs up audio.
Speaker 2: He was wrong. I want masks Max mask. I want masks Max to burst in here with a machine gun, shoot us all and fix the problem with brute force.
Speaker 1: Yes, excellent, m.
Speaker 2: I come on, go Max pain modem.
Speaker 3: Yeah what if he like kicked open the door and just dove but he was slow and yeah, he's like slow mowing Max.
Speaker 1: But he's like throwing X all our cables out of Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah exactly. Yeah, and his face is just in a permanent contorted, you know, sort of just squinty, squeeny, tight lip face. And he's gonna be like, you killed my wife and baby and then uh destroy all the audio issues just like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So we're going live, and so we're going live. We're live. Hello everyone uh listening live as well as all you audio listeners out there. Should I explain why we're live again? Should should we get into that? I was thinking should I do at the top or should I do it at the end. Let's rip all right, let's go. Ah cool, So we're live game Spot. We're also live on Giant Bomb right now. That's because we're we've kind of been slowly collaborating, collating our resources, our brain powers into this this sort of like one live stream thing that we're doing that we will be properly revealing the final form of what this all means next week. It's like a little teaser. But yeah, like you know, like you you've been paying attention. We've basically been you know, working on on kind of like taking shows that champ IM's doing, taking the stuff that we're doing, and and sort of like putting it together into one one collective stream. Uh.
Speaker 2: And and holy hot shit, do we have a lot of stuff coming here.
Speaker 1: We have a lot of stuff coming your way. Uh. In fact, I would I would say, like, I'll tease it for for I think I feel comfortable saying it for us. We've been working on a show specifically for game Spot.
Speaker 2: It has it has a very surprising unique name. It does that we would never guess.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we can't spoil it here that we got it.
Speaker 2: No, no, just we can't.
Speaker 3: No, we can't spoil the name here. Well, I don't care.
Speaker 1: We can.
Speaker 2: We should we do the two versus one agreement?
Speaker 1: Sure? So so so I.
Speaker 2: Have to so well, I think we can spoil it.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's spoil it. You lose, that's fine, all right, I said, I didn't really care. All Right, it's gonna be it.
Speaker 2: Well, we'll each say a part of it.
Speaker 1: It's called the Game Spot Show.
Speaker 2: I know. Isn't that wow? I know, Max clapping the back, clap it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, excellent, thank you? Uh yeah. So yeah, we're launching the Game Spot Show, which is a live show that we'll be doing at least once a week on Thursdays, give or take. Scout in the back loves it for the Game Spot Show, where we're gonna kind of talk about the biggest reviews and previews where we're it's it's like a variety show where we can kind of incorporate what makes sense for that week. So maybe it'll be like an interview with a dev, maybe it'll it'll be like a discussion panel, like whatever kind of works. That's why we call it the Game Spot Show is because we didn't want to limit ourselves to like it's the review when preview show, because like what if we don't have are we don't even want to talk about games?
Speaker 3: And believe it or not, it took us like two months to go up with that name.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that is well. It was more like, uh, okay, we just need to pick a name. I don't care anymore. Yeah, in the end, I do think because I want people to think. We were like sitting there being like what is it with the whiteboard on the board we went through yeah, and then like someone walked up and just wrote game spot Show and circled it like twenty times.
Speaker 2: And we were all dis exhausted, guns to our head like fine, fuck it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's it.
Speaker 2: That's the name.
Speaker 1: It's just a name.
Speaker 3: What was the one that we liked? But we were like, ah, no, one's actually gonna want this? Was it?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: Was it? There was a there was a curse word in there and that's why we were like we weren't going to use it.
Speaker 2: Oh well there was one that's bullshit, bro?
Speaker 3: Well the yeah that's bullshit bros.
Speaker 1: Was there a couple of really good ones?
Speaker 2: What was we found?
Speaker 3: The only good use for AI? I think is what we're trying to say.
Speaker 4: Uh, because we were trying to come up with names and I put it in chat, GPT or whatever. They were all and they were all terrible, and I was like, Okay, do it again, but use bad words. And I actually I think I have the list. Oh no, my phone's not on me and I can't refue damn it. Yeah, we just have to remember off the top of our head.
Speaker 2: That's my thing.
Speaker 1: Your opinion sucked.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was the one that we wanted to call it.
Speaker 3: And people are like, it seems a little aggressive.
Speaker 2: Like I mean, for the longest time, I wanted to do an episode of Curt Logger that was called, uh, fuck your backlog. No, I remember I had a really strong opinion over people. I don't know if that's going on the internet still because I'm not on it, but just a long period of time being like I'm.
Speaker 1: Because there's so many games in my backlog.
Speaker 2: Oh there's a Steam sale to me, and I want to be like, dude, fuck your backlog. Play what you want to play. If you buy a game and you don't have the compulsion to play it, it's just that's it. That's you play what you're compelled to play. Forget it. And then there's the episode of.
Speaker 1: The Curlock.
Speaker 2: Thirty seconds, me opening a logger, pulling a bunch of ship out, opening Twitter and seeing people too many games on the Steam sale on my backlog. Don't fucking just play what you want to play? Boot up stalk or two again, Kurt. Just just go wander around and step in an acid puddle and die. I mainly be like, well fuck, and then just boot your game back up and go again.
Speaker 1: Play Oblivion for the tenth time. Yeah, exactly, Kurt.
Speaker 2: Except for me, that's I'm still going through my first play through, which I play to never end.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, that's the thing with like Elder Souls games. It don't really end, no ending.
Speaker 2: Unless you see the credits and you get real mad, or you play fall at three and you speed through it too quickly.
Speaker 1: Oh well that I mean that one had an end and then all.
Speaker 2: Of a sudden you're like, oh, let's fine, I'll be able to go back into the open world. No you can't help ends.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah fuck that. Follow three man, follow three, it's a video game. Bad opening, bad opening, bad ending, yeah, bad middle.
Speaker 2: I just got to get this out. I don't mean to talk about follow three, but okay, I've replayed, tried replaying it last.
Speaker 1: Year, Oh, because I like said, I remember, because you were like you said something about it that made me think, oh, I should give it a chance.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And then you were like, well, because I mean because I played it when I first came out, and I played it for that, you know, ten hours until I rolled the credits and realized I couldn't go any further. And I was like, well, I've made a mistake. But I tried replaying it, and I remember like thinking the opening was fine, we got Liam Neeson, Yeah, he's your dad.
Speaker 1: He's your dad.
Speaker 2: But replaying it as like a functioning adult man who's experienced things in life as in me, and replaying it, there's a I realized that, like there's a part in that opening when you turn ten years old. And maybe I'm a cynical son of a bitch, but when you turn ten years old in that your dad Liabnesan's like, I'm so proud of your son for churning ten years old. You've made it so far. And I remember playing that again as a thirty something man, be like, my parents were never like congratulations, good good work.
Speaker 1: To be fair, you did not grow up in like an apocalyptic bunker. Sure, but even that, I imagine turning ten's probably like wow, but even then you made it, it still feels like you're still alive.
Speaker 2: It still feels like a person's fake memory, where it's sort of like you're you're like forty years old and you're thinking back in your life, like I had a good my dad loved me so much, and you think you said, good work, you made it work, made it's ten years old, here's a be gone. There's just something so like just so fantastical and make believe about that. When Nasha and he was probably like I need to go work on water. Well, go have that cake and talk to that bully.
Speaker 1: I think what happened? No no, no, no, no no no, because I agree with you, and I think this is one of my problems with Bethesda is that, like Classic Fallout, it uses the fifties aesthetic to like as like a satire. Yeah because it because it basically says, like, hey, that whole fifties aesthetic was like bullshit, right, that whole idea, the whole mindset was like smoke and mirrors. It was nonsense and look at like the contrast of like seeing this fifties aesthetic with like a nuclear disaster and how like meaningless that all was, which the show does really well, which the show does really well, and the original games and New Vegas does really well. All three and four, in my opinion, they play that fifties thing very straight, especially four, where it's just like it's just like, no, it was her back then, everything was great.
Speaker 2: Good jobs, and then the bombs ruined and.
Speaker 1: Then the bombs ruined it, and so like I think, you know, and I'm not saying anything new here, people have said this for years, but like, I don't think Bethesda fully understood what maybe they were going for in the original Fallout and and and maybe took it a little too straight.
Speaker 4: I will say, and fall Out three, when you're a baby you can jump, which I think is pretty funny.
Speaker 2: More make believe chance clapping and the dogs barking.
Speaker 1: Jan could you just let's get a clap for some jumping baby.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's get a jump. Let's get a clap for some jumping babies. Hit roll the clap.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Wait ha, I don't think it's not gonna come out.
Speaker 2: They don't. They don't have that, So all right, we'll never heard them, all right, because it wasn't that special.
Speaker 3: What I was gonna say, I like, I kind of like it when games have you start as a kid and then you like quote unquote grow up and you can jump.
Speaker 4: And when I first played Foot three, I thought that was so cool. It was like, oh, I'm so attached to this character because I've like kind of seen key memories throughout their life. Or Fable was one that I was gonna pay how you start out as a kid. But I think I jumped into Fallout three quickly after playing or after watching this show, as many people did, and.
Speaker 1: Oh god, it's long.
Speaker 3: It's like kind of rough.
Speaker 4: Once again, I don't think Bethesda's writing is always the strongest, especially when they're like trying to like exposition dump at you is.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: For some reason, Bethesa still hasn't understood that like your intro for like your open world game that lets to go anywhere, needs to be like so brief because you just need to like, yeah.
Speaker 2: But remember fall Out one, but we're you're trapped in that damn yeah cave.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like no one likes that part or Fallout two where you have to go do the trial and people mod it out because it ducks like Fall three, like people mod out the vault for like have a save, the only one, the only like fall Ford does the same thing. Starfield does the same thing. The only Fallout game that has like the quickest intro is New Vegan.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: The Doctor's like, hey, you hear your head hit your head? Do you want to go do a test? And you're like no, I'm good, and then he's like, great, go outside. You walk outside and like that is it you? And then you die by a giant wasp. You don't even have to do the opening town quest. You can just immediately fuck off. It's great.
Speaker 2: I feel so bad that I got us here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean to be fair, I kind of.
Speaker 4: Like the slow builds before like the open world is revealed to you. Sure I replaying it is never fun though, is usually not fun.
Speaker 2: It's usually not fun.
Speaker 4: I've played the first part of Oblivion so many times, and that is probably the longest dungeon, but there's ever put in anything. At least it feels that way. Yeah, it definitely feels a little long, But.
Speaker 3: In hindsight, I like kind of love that dungeon because I because it it it it.
Speaker 4: It's the build up where It's like once I once I get through the the the this my cell, to the ruins, to the cave, to the sewers, and then I leave the sewers and I'm You're greeted with that, with that lad.
Speaker 2: That bloom, yeah, that bloom effect. Exposure of everything is just like really shiny because you've been living in a sewer all your life, yeah or prisoner whatever, not all your life. Anyways, how did we get here?
Speaker 3: You got us?
Speaker 2: Son of them just trying to complain about backlogs, backlaw Jeff, if you're watching this, get a grip. I love you.
Speaker 1: I speak an old video game, Kurt. I want to talk to you about old video game.
Speaker 2: I have it on a card.
Speaker 1: Okay, should we do the card thing? Then? Would would we bring it up? Ruined the card thing?
Speaker 3: I don't think Kurt knows what he wrote a game on one side and food on the other side.
Speaker 2: So uh so we usually these past few podcasts, Jean Luke's been walking in with an idea or in a bit or in a surprise, and we didn't have one. So thirty seconds before this podcast began, I just had some index cards. I was like, I'm gonna write games I had these two say some games, and then I had them say some food that they.
Speaker 1: Liked, and that's it.
Speaker 2: So yeah, but I don't know what food is in the back of this.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's develop this this bit.
Speaker 2: So I've been playing far Cry Too, which is I've never played a far Cry game before. In fact, I realized after playing Far Cry Too that I've never actually played an open world Ubisoft game before.
Speaker 1: That's crazy to me because that's all they've made for the last like fifteen years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've never I've realized that I've never played. And I came to that realization because the cliche and stereotype of all Ubisoft games is that they're fucking cluttered with ye tons of UI towers. You're like, when you're on the screen, you have way points just covering it telling what the do You're not supposed to think when you play those games. I think I wouldn't know that because I haven't played any of them. But then I booted a Far Cry Too. Because when you, I think both of you were like, if there's any Far Cry game you should play, it's too because it's weird as hell, and sure it is. But the thing I know is I was like, there's no ui, there's nothing telling me where to go. I have to like physically look at my map.
Speaker 3: Everything's in the world.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: I like I have to like look at signs and be like a human. And this is a perfect bedfellow to my time with Stalker two, which is a game about like friction and like not letting you, like really letting you figure shit out. So yeah, I've been playing for a cry too, because it was like only like three dollars on sale.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's an added to my backlog. But you're actually playing it.
Speaker 2: But I'm actually playing it because I'm a responsible person who likes to enjoy things.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: So what do you think. Oh, it's great, it's I mean, it's bizarre in the way that, uh, you point out how weird the dialogue is. The dialogue is not so much weird as it is the way it's delivered.
Speaker 3: Like it sounds like it's all sped up.
Speaker 2: It sounds like if someone cut out every breath between a word. It's just a vomitive words. There's no pause between sentences. I can't even like demonstrate because it sounds so like unnatural and inhuman.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like that first scene where like the villain shows up or whatever, and he's like, he's like, you just made.
Speaker 3: The Africa, and like it's just like you can't.
Speaker 2: It's one wrong, one run on sentence, just like you just made a bad Africa. I'm a bad guy, but I'm a good guy. You're a bad guy, a good guy. Here's a knife, here's a gun. You're gonna go, you're sick. You have Hilaria by the way, lariy bye, and he shoves him a sheddy in the ground in the wall and disappears. I'm like, this fucking dude needs to chill out and take a breather. Everyone sounds like they're about to ship themselves and they need to go, but while still playing it serious and safe. I don't really know what's going on the story. All I know is that every single time I meet somebody and I get a thing on screen that says, this is your buddy. Find it's so comical. Your companions are called buddies, but not just buddies, but when you meet one, it's just.
Speaker 1: Like, this is your best buddy, and this buddy second best buddy, this is your third best buddy.
Speaker 2: So there's things like that that are really endearing. But damn games are We're good. I'm not saying that games aren't good now, but like that game feels awesome.
Speaker 1: What did your buddy interactions been?
Speaker 2: Like, I've only had one buddy. Well, that's the thing I didn't understand. I didn't understand that, Like they didn't come with you wherever you went. I was like, I got a buddy, come on, buddy, let's go buddy it up. But my buddy is just hanging out in a bar, and it's like, I'll do anything for you. You're the best. I'll be there for you. I'm like, okay, well then come with me. If you can't tell them the dudey, they just tell you how much they love you. But then I was in a really bad gunfight. I had a malaria attack. I had to take my pills, I had to heal. Before I could heal, I had to crack my my wrist back into place and pull a bullet out of my leg. And then I like shot myself with a syringe. I was being surround on all sides. There's a forest fire happening from them all top that I threw, I got down and then all of a sudden, my buddy showed up and was like.
Speaker 3: I got you, buddy.
Speaker 1: And then there's like a scripted scene and he's shooting people and he throws you a gun and I was like, holy fuck, buddy, you're my second best buddy.
Speaker 2: He was the second best one. My first one didn't show up. I don't know the hell he was doing.
Speaker 1: Well. I think the first buddy is the one that will help you on quest.
Speaker 2: Your second buddy is the one who watches you from a distance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and make sure that if you're like, oh, I gotta go get him, you got down, I'll be right there or something like that.
Speaker 2: It's very nice that they like want to give you The buddies don't want to don't want to get in your way. They trust you until you're down, and then they're like, well, yeah, I hatch you back up.
Speaker 1: I won't say anything, but I like, I'm very excited because some of my favorite video game moments have happened around those buddies. Even though, like I do think, like looking back, like that game is like once you see a thing, it's kind of like you. It does eventually eat itself to a point where it's like, no, it's a little less special now, but like the first time some things happened with those buddies, I was like, oh my god, Like it was like.
Speaker 2: I love you, buddy, I want to say anything.
Speaker 1: Okay at a moment.
Speaker 2: We went out. Now, I wrote a food on the back of the card. I don't know what food I.
Speaker 1: Wrote, Kurt, would you say that? Far crack too? Is the volcano roll of video games. Something familiar but maybe with a little bit of extra pick get it some peanut butter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he has some deep fried shrimp, some peanut butter, all wrapped up in a sushi role. Is that an accurate way?
Speaker 4: You know what?
Speaker 2: It's unfamiliar but still familiar. Yeah, And it doesn't always make it doesn't really make sense on paper sure, or like, for example, you look at Ubisoft Games and I see Ubisoft Open World Games is like this archetypical thing with checklists. I would know because I played all of them. But you see fire cright, You're like, hey, I know, I'm familiar with that, but like it's a little weird, like a roll.
Speaker 1: Do you play a King Kong the official game of the movie.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that is a soft game, isn't It's by the same director. Oh well, that dude knows what he's doing.
Speaker 3: Wait, that's Clint Hawking too.
Speaker 1: I thought it was you don't have your film, is it not?
Speaker 4: Clint Hawking did Spliner cast Theory and then most recently, I mean directed Heuck Me. Then I got the whole thing wrong, but most recently directed watch Dogs.
Speaker 1: But it felt right when I said it didn't.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean it's a game with friction that doesn't that takes.
Speaker 1: A little hut and it takes a lot away was like two bullets left more, three more bullets.
Speaker 2: I got to give a speech for four minutes. That game is great, King Kong. That game does rule? Is there pieces that this can I get it? Is it like a thing like legally?
Speaker 3: I don't think Yeah.
Speaker 2: I will have to find another way to consume that game.
Speaker 1: Added to the Dog Preservation and actually in and put it down. Dude, I want to looked at that list and it is like there's a lot of games on that list.
Speaker 2: I got some more cards.
Speaker 1: Okay, great?
Speaker 3: Am I reading this one?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Because you asked for it.
Speaker 3: Pokemon Pocket whatever?
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: It was like, what have you been playing?
Speaker 4: And I was like, uh uh, Pokemon Pocket.
Speaker 1: I was I was cracking a pack on lunch that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I feel like it's more of like a like an addiction at this point where I wake up in the morning and I check and before I go.
Speaker 1: To bad I check and have you deleted social media yet?
Speaker 3: No, I'm waiting to post this this Docker doc and then.
Speaker 1: That might be why I'm playing it so much, just as I did delete social media. So pull my phone. I'm like, what's this for? I crack?
Speaker 3: Well, I'm checking both, so jokes on me. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: And there's not a whole lot to say about this other than like, yeah, I guess I'm still They added a new expansion for Pokemon Day. It was kind of cool, but it's almost moving too fast, like it is. I want to finish. I know they're probably doing it by design, but I want to like finish my sets before the next one gets dropped, because then I'm in this weird position where I'm like, Okay, I should get the newest packs, but I haven't finished the last one, so then you're splitting your your your.
Speaker 1: Pack points or whatever. I'm like, Eventually it's going to hit a point where I'm just like, I'm so far behind that I'm just going to.
Speaker 3: Give up, I know, and that's what I'm worried about.
Speaker 2: Well, you're cracking packs. Yeah, so how do you get behind and crack and pack?
Speaker 1: Well, because you want to collect, you gotta crack. I want to collect all the cards and the packs.
Speaker 2: Right, do you miss the opportunity to get cards?
Speaker 1: Well, the cards are rant, it's like an actual it's like card boosters, where so it's random, like what cards you get?
Speaker 2: So what do you do with them?
Speaker 3: You can battle?
Speaker 1: Oh you can battle? You like there is an actual game mechanic to it, like you can battle.
Speaker 4: I don't really do the battling unless it's like here there's an exclusive card you get by back.
Speaker 1: I didn't at first, but I actually have gotten a little more into the battling. I'm like, oh, there's just enough complexity and strategy I want.
Speaker 2: You know, sometimes I think back.
Speaker 4: You could have been a pro, you could have been a did I did play at a tournament right and Toys r Uss.
Speaker 1: I also played at a Toys r US tournaments.
Speaker 2: Clapping again, access, clapping again.
Speaker 1: How did your tournament go? I remember I think I was like six. I remember my parents just kind of dropped me off here, and I like had no idea what to do. I was so socially like anxious. I didn't really know how to talk to people. I played like one game, lost horribly and was like okay, and then I just kind of like mulled around for a while because I was just like I didn't really know what to do because there wasn't any like hey, welcome, Like this is what it is. It's a bunch of tables and chairs and chairs and a bunch of awkward children. Yeah, and I'm supervising you're just awkward, and I'm like, I don't remember.
Speaker 2: I was also dropped off at it happening.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It was basically a daycare at that point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, where they're just like, well, that's the thing. I was under the impression that if you won you got something, you would get a mute I remember it was. It was a it was a mute card. Oh cool, And I lost many times. I don't even know if I lost her one, to be honest, I just I feel like I just existed played cards and the kids, you know, children just kind of look at each other and don't really interact her they like, I don't know, I remember like telling a kid. He was chewing with his mouth open, and he was like.
Speaker 1: Like, started doing it more.
Speaker 2: And then I took a bite out of my pizza and the moment like I was like, drew my mouth closed. But the moment I took a breath in through my mouth, he was like, who's talking?
Speaker 3: I was like, he was just watching you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's like. That was it. I was like, And then I was like, fuck you. I slapped him as I didn't do that. We'd probably just sat awkwardly and didn't do anything because we're children and dumb. But I remember like just going up to the table where the woman who in my brain, who in my fake memory is like Liam Neeson thing, I'm proud of you, I'm proud of he was. I was like a woman who was didn't want to be there. Her hair was big, it was like a puff, I don't know, and she I was like, kind of have the mute card, and she said sure and gave it to me, and I was like, but I didn't earn it. She just gave it to me.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: And at that point I was just convinced that anybody could walk up to the table and just say give me that's like, sure.
Speaker 1: I don't want another kid. What a mess? I no organization at all?
Speaker 2: Kids too with their mouths open?
Speaker 1: I mean I don't know.
Speaker 3: I went to Friday Night Magic not that long ago, and that's pretty much the same experience.
Speaker 2: What's that?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Is it magic the Gathering?
Speaker 3: Yeah, like a lot of card shops do. It's an official, unofficial thing, Friday Night Magic where it's.
Speaker 2: Like, did you call somebody off for eating with their mouth open?
Speaker 4: I didn't, but I'm sure there are opportunities to do that.
Speaker 2: That sounds kind of cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it stinks a lot. I mean, I mean doesn't smell a lot.
Speaker 2: Did you walk up to the table a lot of times and ask for a mute card?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they're like get out of here.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I gotta be honest. I think i've I'm too uh. I I like can't handle social awkwardness of like seeing other people, like specifically being seeing other people before.
Speaker 2: Yeah awkward.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I think going I've been to some of those like magic things and I go there and I'm just like, you're all way too socially awkward.
Speaker 4: I can't I'm socially awkward to deal with more socially, yes, exactly.
Speaker 1: People, It's like it's like it's not it's it's this is my problem, not your. I feel like I would create a bad vibe.
Speaker 4: So I get that is why, like I only go when it's like mostly people I know who are going.
Speaker 2: I only I only experience that sort of anxiety when, uh, when I'm watching customer service go bad. Oh my god, That's when I get it because it's somebody who had spent many, many, many years working customer service and have dealt with many different situations and problems. I get a really intense anxiety when I see like when the cooks are backed up and when like people are getting anxious for their food, or when they're like there's clearly miscommunication happening between like a server and a customer, and like when I see it, I can't like turn away. I was in a restaurant just a few weeks ago, and I just saw this and it's like a small thing, and it's like it's just like this uber driver was waiting for an order from the kitchen and they were waiting for so long, and I just like started to get anxious and anxiety. That was like I switched seats with my partner. It's like I can't look, Oh, I would rather look at a wall. Please can we move? So I understand that, but when it comes like social environments where people are awkward and stuff like I don't know, I don't know, I find dear, it doesn't make it feel weird. I'm just going sort of like, give me a mute card with your mouth closed, and let's have a good time.
Speaker 4: When I was like nineteen, I went to one and I got kicked out because.
Speaker 3: We're really stupid.
Speaker 1: Mouth closed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's kind of adjacent like that.
Speaker 2: Uh the no.
Speaker 4: There was a food truck outside, so I went out and I got, like, I don't know, a burrito or something like that, and I got ginger beer. Oh good, Because I was twenty one, I don't even think they had alcohol if I wanted anything whatever. And I went in and I and it was like a local comic shop. When I went in, I ate my sandwich or whatever, and I'm holding the drink and the owner looks at me and he's like what is that? And I was like, it's ginger beer and he's like that looks like beer. You're gonna have to leave.
Speaker 3: And I was like, oh okay.
Speaker 4: It was like it's it's it's ginger beer. And he's like nice, try like you can finish it and then come back. And I was like okay, and I was just outside.
Speaker 3: Drinking my ginger were nice and nineteen year old IM like I'm not even twenty one, and he's like even more of a reason to get out.
Speaker 2: I would be like, dude, what do you What have you consumed in your life? What do you drink?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Have you never had a carbonated ginger drink?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: It was. It was very awkward because I I used have had like experience of that. Sure, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I've spent my childhood in compox stories. It doesn't surprise me. What's in the back of the card? What food?
Speaker 3: Albacore tuna?
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know if it is that because I've never had it. Cracking tuna.
Speaker 3: Okay, then there.
Speaker 2: It is, pass cracking tuna. Welcome to the game.
Speaker 3: Spot after Yeah, let's all right, let's not do a pack opening stream. Let's do a tuna opening stream.
Speaker 1: I don't like I eat like, oh, there's a there's a mew in here, there's a mute tune. Absolutely do that, but I would like and I would like it's the bottom and like put in something. Yeah, you know what, people to find gross and wet. Like people are always forget that. I said that, so that one that happens in a few weeks.
Speaker 2: To you guys, people are always putting uh, toys and in cereal boxes. You know, they're putting they're putting cards and like they're putting they have bubblegum things, you know wrap you know what I'm talking about, Like yeah, yeah, well I don't want to open a can of tuna fish and there's like some Pikachu toy like no.
Speaker 1: May maybe like a gift card for some v bucks or something. Yeah, exact kids to eat some tuna. Uh. Amped three. You need to spell this right like a MP ED three. I've talked about this game on this podcast. Oh you have, like of years ago. But AMP three You mentioned it because you just asked me to name a video game and you said AMP three Because I think about AM three all the time. AMP three is a launch title for the Xbox three sixty. It's a snowboarding game and it.
Speaker 2: Is Max is nodding his head. It is thumbs up from Max.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's the best, if Max has played it, but it's there, it's what, it exists. It exists.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, hold on, So it's a lot better than sex Tricky.
Speaker 1: No, okay, different, different, hold on, hold it. I'm not going to claim that AMP three is the best gameplay snowboarding game. I do think when you think of like the extreme snowboarding genre, especially like that two thousand and five two thousand and six era, AMPED three is like the peak of all of that. And it's very appropriate because it was probably also like the last one before that genre kind of died and then everything became like ground bread. Before it, there were and they're and they're just straight snowboarding games. They're not they're not that interesting.
Speaker 2: So it's not is it better or worse than cool Boarders.
Speaker 1: It's way better than cool Boarders. Okay, So AMP three on its surface, you're like, yeah, a snowboarding game like the other two. But the developers just kind of said like fuck it and just decided to like whatever they thought of, they put it in the game. Let's have a cut scene where it's a scrap book. Put it in the game. Okay, Let's have the opening of the game. You're snowboarding in a bunny suit to blinded by the light. Put it in the game. Let's have a minigame where you go down a hill on a couch. Put it in the game. Let's have sock puppets doing a Russian game show. Put in the game. Let's have a fake ad for Mustard. Put it in the game. So this is that, Let's have a put it in the game. It's basically what we've been doing for the last few weeks in video game for him. Yes it is. There is live action.
Speaker 2: This is how you make art.
Speaker 1: No, there is literally a moment where it switches to like live action and they have like the villain of that game in like a costume, like a real person, and he's just sitting there in like a room that has a podium that has the ampt TU logo on it. For some reasons, I'm pretty sure it's just like a room in their office, and he's like giving like a speech to his minions, and it just cuts to like these chairs and it looks like, oh, they ask the QA team to just come in and like look bored for a day because and that's the cut scene. Wow, it's insane. But it is the most like you play it and you're like this is so weird and creative and like it is inspiring to me. I have like I think about that game all the time because that game is the those of like this is how you make art. You do not care and you just like have an idea put it in the game. It's incredible.
Speaker 4: It's like Tony Hawk's Underground too, but they were like we're gonna take it so much further than Tony Hawks.
Speaker 1: There's a whole bit about like the villain of the game is like a parody of EA. It's like but it's like an evil like video game company called like Kolanatronic Arts that like tries to make video games through evil science, and it's just stock footage of like scientists in the nineteen fifties like doing lab tests, and there's.
Speaker 3: Like a it's actually an allegory or metaphor for AI art.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly. Yeah, they're really ahead of the game on that one. Like no, like it's like you're trying to describe it is like what are you talking about? This sounds like a fever dream and but it's like that's what it is. It wrote something in parentheses that you said problematic stuff. Yeah, so it did come out in like two thousand and five.
Speaker 3: It was rated T though T.
Speaker 1: But when I think to two thousand and five, you know, in the way people go back and look at like old G four clips and you're like, ooh, those haven't aged very well. Yeah, it's got some of that humor, like there's.
Speaker 2: A but that's everything from that era.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no exactly. I don't think it is any worse than anything else of that era. It's just one of those things that you look.
Speaker 2: You need context and you're like, oh, they're doing not supporting necessarily that stuff you're supporting.
Speaker 1: There's a cut scene where there's an Asian accent, he's maybe rolling his ours a little like that.
Speaker 2: You ever seen the trailer for Bubble Boy?
Speaker 1: I know I have.
Speaker 2: That's such a problem. Like the trailer itself is like holy shit. Anyways, was in the back of that card, So anyway has stuff like that. But three Also, last thing about AM three, And I'll just say we have a copy. We do not have a copy.
Speaker 1: I have a copy. I will give you my personal copy.
Speaker 2: Why I don't have a way to play it?
Speaker 1: You have a three sixteen. No, damn it, give you my three sixty?
Speaker 3: Is it not backums playing.
Speaker 1: This game? It was a launch title for the Xbox three sixty and because of that, when the three sixty first launched, digital games weren't a thing on that platform where eventually everything came digitally. Because of that, that game has never been like digitized at all. So it doesn't exist digitally. It only it only exists on disc. It'll probably never get re licensed because like I'll like that studio went bankrupt after that game came out, Like they don't exist anymore. It was the last game they made, which God blessed them. What a game to go out on two K probably doesn't give a shit and it's like the only and so like it just it doesn't exist. There's no way to go pres go og Preservation AMP three or hey Phil Spencer, you keep saying how much you care about Preservation, one of the greatest games exclusive to your platform. Let's get it back in and also with the soundtrack in full.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when we all play, we all win.
Speaker 1: And when we when we're all playing, we're all winning. We're all playing AMP three, we're all winning.
Speaker 2: In the back match, would you and three meets spaghetti.
Speaker 3: A spaghetti seems too plain.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know it's not. No, that's a bad one.
Speaker 4: Maybe like spaghetti but instead of red sauce, you like put peanut butter on it, and like, you know, that's the whole random stuff.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I gave Jacob card and this one's actually important, this.
Speaker 1: One's actually relevant.
Speaker 3: Adam Fall.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I got to check out Adam Fall last week. I went to a preview, played about ninety minutes of it. We have my written preview is already up and a video preview should be up soonish if it's not already up. But I can talk about it here, so don't leave if you're watching live. I guess, uh.
Speaker 4: But yeah, So Adam Fall is like a lot of people comparing it to like Fallout England, not fall Out London that exists, that's something else. This also doesn't take place in London, and I would say that is somewhat an oversimplification. Yes, there are a lot of lines you can draw to Fallout, and even when I talked to the director, they said Fallout was inspiration, particularly New Vegas. However, it plays a lot more like a survival game. It feels they compared it more. They said gameplay inspirations were more towards Stalker in Metro, so there's no RPG mechanics necessarily. There is a small skill treeing you can unlock different skills, but for the most part, this game is designed to feel like a survival game, and that means you die quickly, enemies die quickly, and you're put in difficult situations that you are supposed to maneuver out of.
Speaker 1: To be clear, when you say survival game, you are referring to Stalker versus like survival crafting.
Speaker 4: Well, there is crafting, but but yeah, not like a Minecraft or I don't know, you don't have to eat. So, like I said, it is survival light, I would say, okay, and not even okay. Maybe survival is a bad comparison. The more I get to it, I'm talking more like, well us a limited right resource It's more like Last of Us, I would say, where there is crafting in that sense, resources are limited. It is that sort of like doggy doggy dog mentality when it comes to enemies and fighting. And I would say overall, I had a good time, I enjoyed it, I'm excited to play more. I think The thing that has me most interested is the quest structure, because rather than just giving you points on a map that you go to and talk to someone and they tell you to go kill these things and then come back, all the quests are kind of a toose, like you pick up clues that gently guide you to different locations, and then you need to search those locations to figure out where to go to next. And then once you have the note or whatever the information that you need, you're kind of looking at your leads, comparing notes, figuring out where to go next. Now, if that type of game plate does not interest you, you can go into the accessibility settings, turn that off, and I'll just tell you where to go.
Speaker 1: That's fine, that's what you're into oft needs to do.
Speaker 3: They kind of tried it for.
Speaker 2: Something that I wouldn't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, actually, like I think Assassin's Creed Odyssey. You could set it so it'd be like go somewhere on the north.
Speaker 1: But the reason that doesn't work is because that is a thing they put in afterwards, not designed the game around that concept.
Speaker 3: So it's like talk to this guy who's like somewhere in the north, and then you go to the north and you're like, well, this map is huge.
Speaker 1: I'm talking Abou Assassin's Creed. Sure, yes, yes, Adam.
Speaker 4: Fall, Adam Fall. It seems like it was designed intentionally with that in mind. When I was talking to Ben Fisher, the creative director, he was saying, like, initially they built the game around like a more traditional quest system, but he said that like the more they were playing around with it and the more they were tweaking things, they they found that like taking that information away and letting people figure out works better. It also helps that like like the Sniper Elite games is Rebellion's game.
Speaker 1: By the way, who does the Sniper lea? I know, have they done anything else?
Speaker 3: They have, but not recently.
Speaker 1: It's gonna say like I feel like every yeah, every year or two is like Zombie Army, like a Sniper it is. It's like a play on it. Yeah, it's like a sub sub series.
Speaker 2: So it still feels.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so this is very It's also first person too, which is probably worth saying, which is obvious but maybe not because there other stuff isn't. But like the Sniper League games, though, rather than giving you a giant open world, you get to explore smaller semi open world maps, so it's a little easier to digest. I would say, when it's like you need to go to the dam, you look at your map and it's like, it's clearly a dam over here. I'm gonna go over here and check it out. It's not like you're zooming in and out and like trying to figure out exactly where you are and where these things are.
Speaker 3: But there's also some other aspects.
Speaker 4: There's like a faction system that I didn't really get to see a lot of because I didn't play a lot, But they said that was kind of more inspired by Fallout New Vegas and how these different factions you can interact with them because one of one thing I didn't talk about my preview that I thought was kind of interesting is a lot of enemies won't attack you on site. It's kind of like they see you and they're like back up, you know, and like you choose to engage or you can back up, but if you get too close, they might retaliate.
Speaker 3: It depends, but I think it depends.
Speaker 4: I don't know this for sure, but I think it depends on your standing with the faction. Like I think if you do things to piss them off. Then it might be on site, they might just try to kill you right away, but if it's somewhat neutral, they would be like, whoa, you know.
Speaker 1: Back up?
Speaker 4: Since it was a preview, anytime someone did that, I just hit them anyway, but.
Speaker 1: They told you the backup, yeah, I'd hit them, or did you kick them?
Speaker 4: I kicked and hit them, which is one thing worth talking about that I did talk about my preview, but I think the AI at least did the difficulty that I was playing at was not very good. They weren't very intelligent, and I think for me, when it comes to these sort of survival games, I think, especially enemy human AI needs to be good because if you want that fantasy of sort of that doggy dog world fantasy where everyone's fighting for their lives, if the enemies are stupid, it kind of breaks that. And one thing I found is like any enemy that's got a melee weapon, we'll just rush you. It doesn't matter if you've got a gun, doesn't matter, if you're gott an arrow, doesn't matter what the situation was.
Speaker 1: They seem to just always rush me down.
Speaker 3: While RANGED would stay back.
Speaker 4: But I could just like break the line of sight and a lot of times they just they they wouldn't follow up on it. No flanking, nothing like that. Like I said, could be a difficulty setting, you know, that makes them more intelligent. But I found out that if you do a kick and then you do a heavy swing of an axe, it's an instant kill.
Speaker 3: So I would just find a corridor.
Speaker 4: I mean not always intentionally, but I'd find like a corridor and I'd just let them run to me and I'd kick them in, bash them and kick them in, bash them and kick them and bashum. And I'd do it to like six people in a row. And it's like not supposed to be that way, Like six people are supposed to be able to kill you. And when I started playing it, and I didn't know about that, Like I was dying kind of often because I was just you know, switching weapons, trying different things, and I was like, ah, I'm just kicking hit. So maybe that gets rebalanced when the game comes out. But yeah, I'm I'm super curious. I definitely want to play more. I think there's some really cool ideas that if they nail, I think it make for a pretty unique experience. But yeah, I think like people who are fans of like the Sniper League game might be like, whoa, this is.
Speaker 1: Not they got a Sniper Elite this year.
Speaker 3: I know they've got plenty of them, so they're probably not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm actually like, I think that's super cool. They like have a dev who's sort of like, you know, they have their formula, they have their genre and their genre and their their franchise, like actually go out and like, oh, let's try something different, Like yeah, you know, especially nowadays, where I feel like it's so you know, it's so risky to do that, and like people just very risk averse.
Speaker 2: So it's nice to see also say the game you told me at least that kind of gives like a Double A feel in a.
Speaker 1: Way or sort of.
Speaker 3: I feel like it's it's probably surpassed Double A.
Speaker 4: I would say, maybe not quite like Triple A in the way that like Sony and Microsoft put out Microsoft a little different sometimes they do something now, but but I don't know if it quite hits that like Sony Ea Triple A mark.
Speaker 3: But but I think it's it's around the same as Sniper Late.
Speaker 1: I would say, like.
Speaker 3: I would say, I think some of the ideas are probably more ambitious than Sniper Elite, but overall it feels like it's scoped around the same scoped or around the same level I would say, as as Sniper Elite.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I'm I'm curious. I'm excited to play it, play more of it. It comes out super soon too, it comes out later this month, like oh, comes out March twenty seven. I think, okay, sure, so I'm sure there'll be more details on that, and I mean shit about this game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I am, But I've been interested since knowing about it, or just the idea or at least a there's like the post apocalyptic thing of such a try and true done to death and back sort of formula at this point that Adam fall for like the Split Second just looked at least a little different or different enough. And when you say Stalker and you mentioned your preview is like there's like detective elepments to it, but still retaining some sense of a fallout inspiration per factions like those are all like interesting things. I guess I really haven't seen like married yet in a game, so I'm interested. And I'm interested in any studio that has been to Jean Luke's point, that has like been so focused and honed it on one kind of game that anybody who's willing to like take a step out of line and try something different, I would like to. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean I think that's why I'm kind of curious about the story because the Sniper League games. I've never like finished the Sniper League game, but I've played a good amount of them. I would say, just here and there to kind of like understand what they are. Play a couple missions, and like, you don't play those games for the story ever, Like you play those games because you want to shoot Nazis in the balls.
Speaker 2: Shoot shoot Hitler's single test.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: And it's kind of cool seeing like Rebellion really try to flex those narrative muscles. And like I said, like, who knows if that story is actually good, but at least the way they are trying to tell it seems pretty interesting.
Speaker 2: Cool. What's the food in the back?
Speaker 1: Breakfast burrito? That's one I recommend.
Speaker 3: I don't know if this game is a breakfast burrito.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I asked her your favor of food was breakfast burrito? Yeah, which I mean, it's like that's cool.
Speaker 3: I'm very California of me.
Speaker 2: Jesus, I know, but it just was like, I guess I haven't really considered that breakfast Like, you know, do you have a favorite kind of breakfast burrito and expectation with your breakfast burrito, because like when I think a pizza, something says my favorite food is pizza.
Speaker 3: I mean, I guess the ratio is pretty important, right.
Speaker 4: If there's too much egg you don't want that, there's got to be there's gotta be potatoes or hash browns or what is.
Speaker 2: Has to be in a breakfast burrito for it to be cheese, eggs, potatoes, and hash browns.
Speaker 3: Potatoes and hash browns, yes, both of them.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Uh, meat of some sort, it depends where I'm at.
Speaker 3: Usually go with bacon, however, zo would be pretty good. Dose.
Speaker 4: I like their Cheriso breakfast brito the most I would say, No, Dose is a place nearby and salsa, some spicy sauce.
Speaker 2: That sounds great. Oh, baby, John, look's got a card.
Speaker 1: Shots of the Damned.
Speaker 2: You finished it?
Speaker 1: I finished it? You froze, you got caught. Yeah. A few weeks back I mentioned that I played start playing Shots of the damn I forget the name of the remaster Shot Something Boner, Big Boner Edition. That's what I should have called it. Shots of Dams, a game from two thousand and eleven, got remastered last year. Another great suit of fifty.
Speaker 2: One joint Grasshopper Manufacturing.
Speaker 1: Grasshopper Manu factored. I would say that game held up exactly how I thought it would and and that's not a bad thing or a good thing. It's just like, like it's interesting. Like when you replay a game, you're like, I wonder if I'm like, I'm gonna feel differently about this game.
Speaker 2: That is one of those games that I'm curious whether or not I would feel.
Speaker 1: I feel like I went through the exact same emotions that I had the first time I played it, where I was like, this game fucking rules. Wow, this game is sick. This game is so interesting. Okay, it's starting to kind of drag in the middle a little bit. Oh gay, it's kind of picking up at the end. Oh, this is crazy. And then you get to the actual ending ending and you're like, oh, I kind of felt a little flat and felt like they maybe ran out of time. But like, especially because they like redeveloped that game. F oh my gosh, yeah, the development around that game is insane, but yeah, like I I pretty much had the exact same mix of emotions and feelings that I had originally. So all to say is like, I guess it holds up in the sense that like there were things about it that I'm like, this still rules and they're think about it that I'm like, eh, these haven't aged great. But also I remember not liking that stuff when I first played it.
Speaker 2: What's the character's main characters name again?
Speaker 1: Garcia Hotspur? What is Garcia fucking Hotsp? Sorry, I should be full name.
Speaker 2: Do you want to do the accent?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: No, not even try.
Speaker 1: It's like, no, no, I'm not even gonna know. I'm not no, no, no, you're starting really good. No no no. It's like it's like Steve Blumdog doing like a bad like this Mexican accent.
Speaker 2: Okay, fine, I won't get you canceled over his his accent. Okay, but fine, Uh do you recall a favorite line?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: His?
Speaker 1: I mean there's the part where he just says, taste my big boner and he just says, you, guys, did it see what he's saying? A specific line? I can do the do the line taste my Big Boner.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: So there's a scene in that game where okay, he has a magical guns, a magical boner. He has a magical boner kind of, he has a gun that's like a talk he has this. Okay, he has a talking skull that turns into a gun. The talking skulls named Johnson, voiced by the very canceled Greg Allis uh and he uh, he turns into your gun, and your your gun, your default pistol is called the Boner. And there's a part in that game where you basically do like a turret sequence where you're on this like a rooftop and there's like multiple alleyways and and there's CD signs everywhere. These giant monsters are coming at you and you have to like go between each lane and like shoot them. And so what you do is you go up to a phone and you call a sex line and then Johnson Johnson like goes to the phone call and he goes and then turns into a giant version of the gun called the Big Boner. Also the name of the chapter is just the Big Boner. And then you hold the gun, you know, like this like at the pelvis out and you fire it and every time he lands a hit, he says, taste my big boner, so you will hear it like fifty fucking times say it. It's to my big boner.
Speaker 2: Sweet.
Speaker 1: So that's incredible. I mean yeah, like it's it's that game has got like weird art style. Q Hayashieta of of Dora Headoral Fame and Die Dark did the character design and it's sick what's their name? The Silent Hill composer did the soundtrack and it's also like weird and interesting. Shinji Mukami helped work on that game.
Speaker 2: He was a yeah, he was a producer. And when I asked, I got the chance to speak to Shinji Mkami and Suda at games Com, and I don't know, maybe it was just the day, maybe it was just me, but the entire interview, Shinji Mukami was just like, I mean to be fair and then and then I was like, hey, you know, like I know you produced the original game, but you know, what do you do, Like is there anything you're trying to help out or do with this game? And he just was like no.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they just they just asked him to come out.
Speaker 2: And then Stoo was like, he's here for promotion. I'm like, got it, got it.
Speaker 1: I mean I'm curious, like what his level of involvement was in the original game.
Speaker 2: I mean it seemed pretty pivotal.
Speaker 1: Like so because it's interesting because I feel like that era was very much like should you recall me? You should make a game like Resident Evil four for us, and like, you know this game definitely you look at it and you're like, oh, you know, this is why I like where Resident Evil was four was the most popular thing trying to emulate it.
Speaker 2: It was actually Dan Ryger who pointed out to me because I was I was when I did the preview, I had a similar sentiment, but Dan was the one that point. I was like, actually, it's like this is the point when Resnel was at its worst, Like Resnel six had come out by this point, and a good point shadows the dam was like still kind of trailing in a way, or like maybe still picking up the flame in a way. Yeah, that of what Resume before felt like, even though she has the dam is and rezuefore too as well. It's like much more action focused. But it was an interesting thing to think of.
Speaker 1: You know that that's a really good point, and my brain they're much closer. Yeah, no, I agree, I had the same exact thing. Really not when you think about it. Yeah, I mean, like, I you know, I like the the game held up as well as I thought, Like, the combat is like fun, but it's like, you know, like a little messy. The controls are are kind of like a little floaty.
Speaker 2: But how does it all feel together?
Speaker 1: I think it mostly feels pretty good. It's just like where it drags is just like I think the middle just kind of like is a little slow, and you're kind of like, Okay, there's not much story to it. It's mostly just like girlfriend, girlfriend and hell. I mean the majority of that story is you're just watching her get murdered over and over. It's like very house runs around and ere. Yeah, that game is very i would say mean spirited towards women in a very like two thousand and ten eleven kind of way that I'm just like, eh, some of this stuff's not great, if I'm being honest. But I mean, like, I also think it like it just it has a lot of those like pseudaisms that I think are just like such a hallmark of him and his style of humor that to me, like, I think most of it holds up pretty well. Like there's a lot of good good humor, good of reverend humor, a lot of fourth wall jokes. Uh, good boner joke, good boner jokes, a lot of really high class It's just like you know, you know, eyebrow boner jokes. Yeah, like your Grandma's gonna love these boner jokes.
Speaker 2: Oh man, let me call her grandma. Do I got one for you? Have you heard this? It's my big.
Speaker 1: Boner But it was it was also it was fascinating playing it because then I actually went back looked up the level in Travis Strikes Again. That is a homage.
Speaker 2: To you know what I have. I have Travis strikes Back.
Speaker 1: It's on your back clock.
Speaker 2: It's in my fucking.
Speaker 1: Back law, I I I was. It's fine. I was telling this to Max the other day because we're actually talking about like Suda games, and.
Speaker 2: Is that true?
Speaker 1: Max?
Speaker 2: Can you confirm?
Speaker 1: I can confirm? Okay, there you go. It would have Beeah. I know, I'm Kurt. I absolutely think you should play that game because because you would get a lot out of it. But it's that is one of the hardest games I have recommending to like most people, because I'm like, I actually think that game is brilliant. It has it's like basically autobiographical about like Suda in his career, and it's very self reflective in a way that if you know who Suda is and you followed him in his career, it's really fascinating and he is very experimental a lot of way. Actually playing that game is kind of a fucking slot.
Speaker 2: The punchline is as I bought that game ages ago, installed it on my Steam decks is before I had a uh a PC, and I know the game was available on Switch, but I just I had I just decided, I was like, I want it on Steam deck. I've been playing, Yeah, I've been using my Steam pig more and it just like black screened on me and couldn't go anywhere. I couldn't do anything, I couldn't figure out. I was like trying different protons, all this shit.
Speaker 3: Part of it. You gotta get past that.
Speaker 2: That's part of the slug. The opening, the opening fifteen minute black screen where you hear all the audio and you don't see any gameplay. It's really experimental, really experimental. So I ended up like refunding it and that sucks didn't touch it. So I have we bought it since beginning a proper PC, and I was gonna play it that way, but.
Speaker 3: You know, fark right too, sure the thing, yes added to the fucking backlog.
Speaker 1: You are of all the people, I would be like, Kurt, I think you are the most equipped to like appreciate what this game is like doing and sang if I don't, and maybe maybe also being able to like put through some of it's like bullshit.
Speaker 2: Oh I put I put through some video game bullshito exactly.
Speaker 1: We've both played Deadly Premonition.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and I've played it multiple times.
Speaker 1: Oh, I have all the way through on multiple systems.
Speaker 2: I was, I was. I was brushing my teeth the other morning thinking about a conversation and I had about games and story and the marrying between the two, and I was like, you know what I did, I would defend Deadly Premonitions. The I was, I'll make this very brief. I had this whole thing about like stories and games and like how they often conflict with each other depending on what time, but as like I do, my whole thinking is that they have to everything has to be in tandem with a game. Even if that means the story is weird and not good, it can be balanced by what the gameplay itself is trying to accomplish. And Deadly Premiss is one of those things where like, the gameplay is so jinky, it's so weird, it's so archaic, the story is so jinky, so weird and so archaic, and then the weirdest unintentional way that those things married together like make an experience that feel good together and they're good game so percent anyways, that's just my.
Speaker 1: Anyway, So shout out a damned it's a pizza, and no I would I would say it is specifically like that. It's at three am pizza. You get where you're like, this is what I need, and you eat it and you're like, yeah, this is great, and then you keep eating it and you're like, oh maybe, oh maybe this was a mistake, but by the end you're like, you know, yeah, that was that was good.
Speaker 2: It was it.
Speaker 3: You wake up in the morning you're like, you know what, I'm glad I had that.
Speaker 1: Glad I had that pizza. So i'th fass, Yes, you like pizza, Yeah, I like pizza.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like pizza.
Speaker 1: We don't have much more time, But do you want to go through the two more cars? I'm at least curious about them.
Speaker 3: I do want to say something about Monster Runner. Well, I was gonna give an adendum to what I said last week, but I guess no one heard that except for the people live.
Speaker 1: I was just gonna say now that I've made don't even know if they heard it. To be honest, now that.
Speaker 4: I've made it to the endgame, and and because I am been playing it a lot, it's a little light.
Speaker 3: I wish there was a little more at the and to keep me going.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I feel like there's like three or four monsters that like you just keep fighting, and I was expecting like a big bad monster.
Speaker 2: Is that true?
Speaker 3: Max?
Speaker 1: Very hard?
Speaker 2: Agree? Yeah, they're very hard.
Speaker 4: Agree that said, like, mechanically, it's still fun. I'm having fun grinding out, grinding out like my Arterian weapons and stuff like that. But I don't know what I'm grinding for other than just to like just the streamline.
Speaker 1: Devil Joe in the game, and like a month or what I Devil Joe is a monster called double Joe. Devil Joe Devil Joe. But I mean, I guess that's what.
Speaker 3: I guess.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm doing playing it for, is to like get ready for that stuff. So I think it's just like I I, I just want more and that's not more right now, but there will be.
Speaker 1: So Yeah, I hope they treat it the way they did with World, which is like they were pretty consistent about like constantly adding new things like every week.
Speaker 4: But Garylton it again, Yeah, but that's I have before in the World. Yeah, they put girl in it.
Speaker 2: But uh, what do you want in it? Do I want? How would I write myself into this ship?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: What am I going to do?
Speaker 1: They like putting They like putting capcom characters to like put Leon in it. Yes, like like Suplex and Monster.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey it's that dog.
Speaker 1: Pulls out his giant sword. Are there dogs and other there's a dog like monster called the Odo Garn. Maybe he'll say, hey, it's that dog.
Speaker 3: And hopefully they gotta get Nick back in there, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, getting Nick has led us to go back in and do his most iconic lines.
Speaker 3: Rather than taking him from the game already. If it is recorded, have him do it again.
Speaker 2: He could do some motion capture work for one of the monsters for.
Speaker 1: Sloppy Joe, Double Joe, Sloppy Joe.
Speaker 2: I have one more card, but I'm not going to talk too much about it, but hold on.
Speaker 3: The food is the food cheese bagel?
Speaker 2: Is that that's I had that this morning?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Really, that's shel Nukes's favorite food.
Speaker 1: I don't know think it's actually my favorite food.
Speaker 2: Was just on the spot you said pizza, and I was like, come up with another one because I already yeah, And so I was like, what's the first food I can Cream cheese bagel.
Speaker 1: Not actually my favorite food. I love a good cream cheese. But is it Monster Hunter? No?
Speaker 2: What's Monster Hunter? What food would you? I don't say the food that's in the game.
Speaker 1: That's I was gonna say cheese on on non bread because that's the beef on we beef on what?
Speaker 2: Yes, the beef on at the Buffalo, New York. There you go, Monster Hunter Wilds is the beef on weck. The last card that I have was RoboCop.
Speaker 1: Broke City because I just annound it because I got really.
Speaker 2: Good news yesterday. Is one of my favorite game experiences.
Speaker 1: I should I should go play that game I've never played on sale.
Speaker 2: It's I bought it last night. I double dipped deck.
Speaker 1: Is that a good?
Speaker 2: Oh? I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I played it on Xbox.
Speaker 2: I played an xpot and then okay, it doesn't matter, I'll pick it up just I love that game so much, like I think, my most anticipating game this year is expansion for Wrobocob Broke City. But the food ritten on the back.
Speaker 3: Chicken enchilada lasagna?
Speaker 2: Hey, which, uh if anybody is a culinary expert out there, please tell me why that exists.
Speaker 3: Chicken chicken enchiladaasagna?
Speaker 1: Max?
Speaker 2: Do you like chicken enchiladaasagna?
Speaker 1: I don't know what it is, but it sounds wet. Is that just what you say RoboCop accurately? That that works?
Speaker 2: Fuck?
Speaker 1: No, because because robo cops like multiple things that feel like they shouldn't work, but they do and it's amazing.
Speaker 2: More like a volcano roll.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like model things that shouldn't work but I don't doesn't work and I will never know because you can't make me eat it.
Speaker 2: I don't even want to look at it. And again, if you invented it, don't talk to me.
Speaker 1: You can hit up our po box if you want to send her to a chicken lot of whatever box.
Speaker 2: Hey chat, don't at me because you can't go go send me a letter. I'll get a po box so you can mail me a something wet.
Speaker 1: And with that that is our time. Thank you everyone so much for listening. This has been a good episode. This is good. They came together. I really came in here being like what are we doing? And Kurt your cards they save the day.
Speaker 2: I just ask what games you're playing and then ask for your foods exactly.
Speaker 1: Sometimes it's just that simple. I think everyone so much for listening. As always, we appreciate our audio listeners, and hey, we now appreciate our new live listeners. If you listen to this audio view words, if you listen to this audio only and you would like to hear us live see our faces, put a put a a face to the voice, you know, like that one person who thought I was bald?
Speaker 2: Is that true?
Speaker 1: Yes? Yes? What does somebody want? No? No, no, They were like, I've never seen what Jean Luke looks like and I thought they were like an aged bald forty year old that. I was like, wow, that you have Kurt Russell locks, I know, and I'm like thirty two, like, oh god. Anyway, if you want to hear and see us live, you can do that over on all sorts of places, game Spot, YouTube, giant on YouTube, Giant Balm, game Spot, Twitch, all those places every Friday, two pm Pacific time. But if not, we always appreciate your support, even on the audio version. Thank you very much everyone. And hey, that is it. We're the closing for the week. We end, We end the week. Isn't that exciting? So yeah, we'll see all next week. Remember games Show right Thursdays next Thursday. Please tune in for that very exciting ten am.
Speaker 2: It's true, Yes, it's true.
Speaker 1: Sure you did, uh? I mean Jake will be back next week. Kurt weill not It's Kurt's out of town, damn right, I am so, I don't know. I mean Jack will do something like we'll building like a Lego set, yeah or something, and then either or not and then we'll eat it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one piece of time.
Speaker 1: We'll put it inside of it. We'll make it into a chicken and slata something lasagna. All right, everybody, see ya, see ya