Speaker 1: Today, I want to tell you about a journey that I've been on for most of my life. Ever since I was a kid, I've heard tales of bigfoot and wild men while spending time with my friends and family. As I grew older and read more about the paranormal, my interest in encryptids and other things strange only deepened. That's why I'm so excited to share with you what I've personally become involved with the Untold Radio Network. The Untold Radio Network is a live streaming podcast network that airs a new show every day across all podcast platforms, YouTube, and more. They have eight different shows on all sorts of exciting topics such as bigfoot, cryptids, UFOs, aliens, and much more. I even have my own show called Weird Encounters, where I talk about all things strange. This is more than just a podcast network. It's a community that allows me to meet so many amazing people who share their stories and experiences with strange. If you're interested in hearing more of these stories and learning more about the paranormal and encryptids, make sure you check out the Untold Radio Network for all kinds of exciting shows. It's free to subscribe. So what are you waiting for visit www dot untold radionetwork dot com today. Hey everybody, this is not Striving Yes, yes I know aka Survivor Man, and you're listening to Brian on sasquatch Otys. Hey there and welcome back to Sasquatchots. Thank you so much for being with us for the show. It is Friday. I hope you at an amazing holiday. We have a phenomenal guest lined up for you. But as always, I want to start by inviting you. If you've had an encounter and you'd like to be on the show, shoot me an email and get me a Brian at Paranormal World Productions dot com and head over to the website check it out, become a member there and help support the show. I got to sit down and talk to the Survivor Man himself, Less Stroud. I had Less on the show gosh over three years ago, back in October of twenty twenty one. I've actually went back and remastered that episode and put it out for you guys. But Less is back today to talk about his new film, The Question of Bigfoot. He has a kickstarter up. The link for the kickstarter is right here in the show notes, I'd love it if you guys would go over and donate whatever you can, if it's one dollar, five dollars, ten dollars, ten thousand dollars, would be amazing because Less is trying to answer some of these very questions that we talk about week after week after week on this show and over on that Bigfoot podcast. In addition to getting into the new project and some of the questions that you guys submitted through Reddit and over on Facebook and on Instagram, Less is going to talk about this video from the Transylvanian Alps when he was doing Survivor Man Over in Romania. Someone sent me this video quite a while back, and Wayne and I actually did a full episode of that Bigfoot Podcast talking about this particular video where it appears that, unbeknownst to Less, as he was recording this, he filmed a sasquatch in the background watching him. I will link to this full video from Jailbreakoverlander over on Paranormal World Productions dot com, so make sure you head over there, check out the Sasquatch out to See blog at the top of the page, and you can see this video in its entirety. And I'm going to do some still screenshots. I will post those over there on the blog, complete with the red circle so you can make sure that you can see this. Towards the end of this interview, I ask Less about this particular video and what may be captured on film, and I think you're going to be very surprised by what he has to say. But enough of that, I know you guys are ready to get into it. Less is on the line, He's ready to go. All that's left for you to do is sit back, relax and enjoy the show. It is hard to believe it has been over three years since I've had you on the show. We have the man, the myth, the legend himself back in the house. It is Survivor Man, Les Stroud. Welcome back to the show, sir. Thank you very much, Brian. It's good to be here. I am glad to have you. So let's get right into it. Let's talk about this new documentary, this new project that you're working on. The question of Bigfoot man, that is a huge question. Let's talk a little bit about that. Why the project? Why now? Les? Why are you getting into the deep waters of the question of Bigfoot to answer your why question, good question.
Speaker 2: It's a matter of as so many things are in life. I'm always paying attention to the sistentiality of life, everything that's going going on around me, and the timing and so on. There's good times for things and right wrong times. I've been requested to get back, to jump back into the Bigfoot, the Sasquatch realm for a long time. I've resisted it because I've been busy with other things. I have my series Wild Harvest, which is just kick an ass on PBS in the United States, doing so so well. Just love making that series, and of course my music. I've been working away on my music. The why is a bit because almost would want to answer that in the most honest way I can and say did I really get to the bottom of things with the original series Survivor Man Bigfoot? And I would say quite cannony, No, I don't believe I did. And a lot has come to light since that time. I was ten years ago that I did that series ten so a lot has come to light in that time. A lot of things have come and gone in the world of Sasquatch and the world of Bigfoot research as well. I'm not in the position that I once was at the top of my game as survivor man, when finances were fluid and loose and easy. Hey, I want to produce this. Yeah, throw some money at it, let's produce it.
Speaker 1: Not in that situation.
Speaker 2: But what did come along was the success of Kickstarter and be able to create a campaign and say, look, if we can get enough behind the wheels, we can make this thing run. So I thought, okay, you know what, timing is right. Timing is right for me to get back on this whole new perspective of how we can approach the phenomenon of Bigfoot, and at the same time I can incorporate using Kickstarter. So I'll just get that plugged oy the way right now for everybody listening kickstarter dot com, if you go and if you just put in the question of Bigfoot, find that campaign.
Speaker 1: It was fun building all the reward possibilities.
Speaker 2: From twenty bucks to really big ticket items where I will take you out on an actual expedition or we go out for dinner.
Speaker 1: That being available also created the space for me to say, you know what, let's do this. Also, I've seen back up with the editor that I worked with for many years on all of my Survivor Man and Survivor Man big Foot. Barry Ferrell team back up with him on the project, so I thought this is the right time. If I was ever to do Bigfoot again, it really needs to be Barry because he worked on all the original series. But yeah, everything's fallen into place. Here we go. There's the why. Let's talk about this question because that is something that comes up for all of us that have been into this. A lot has changed in three years since you were on. We had a great conversation. The first time you were on the show. I had not had any experiences at that point that led me to believe these creatures were one hundred percent real. That has changed for me over the last couple of months. I can't really talk about it, obviously, people know about it on the show. I'm under nda because I was involved in a filming a project that'll hopefully be out before the end of the year, and then I could talk about these experiences. But I am now in the knowwher Camp. I know you've been sitting there for quite a while, so let's talk a little bit about some of the questions that have been out there that are surrounding this project and Bigfoot in and of itself. Let's talk a little bit about those questions for you. What are some of those main questionstion is that you're looking to answer with this new project. Then we'll get into some of the nuts and bolts about how you're going to approach and get into those answers to those questions that we've all been seeking. The specific questions are all of them, because there's such a breadth of questions and there's so many more like a gradient, right, you have a gradient of understanding about this phenomenon of what it is or what it might be. Let's start over here and start the arrow going and say, okay, it's gigantopithecus. It's a holdover relic comenid, and the Arab starts to go.
Speaker 2: I think largely driven by recorded attributes of what it can do or can't do. Everything from the basics of it can pick berries and hunt elk, and it defecates and lives in a cave, the basics all the way. And then you go over here and it's a full blown alien and it travels through worlds. But that scope, that's large thing. So it's all these gradients of what individuals believe it or understand it or surmise.
Speaker 1: It might be.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: Within each of those gradients, you have questions, right, and it's okay, yeah, okay, it's a big, old, very smart abe. Okay, how is it not being seen on cameras? Yeah? How does it? That's a big body to fill? How's it even going to survive? So you see, that's just starting there.
Speaker 2: You get over here, it's like, all right, what kind of experiences do people have that indicate that it has telepathic abilities or portal travel abilities?
Speaker 1: And what is that? Where are we going with that? We're bringing in Neil de grasse Tyson to talk about portal travels. Where are we going with this? Again? You get questions within that?
Speaker 2: Okay, for over here, what's the difference between believing in Bigfoot and believing in ghosts or God? I love all of these questions with it, hopefully as little hubris as I require. I'd like to try to answer them all in succinct detail, because what we gend to do I shouldn't say we, because I'm not actually, as I've said many times, I'm not a big Foot researcher. I'm a documentary filmmaker, keemly interested in the subject matter and I've had my own experiences.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: That said, I'd like to ask how succinctly we can answer these questions, and I'll get to how I'm going to do that, because what happens is everybody has their question or their answer, but they're not answering the other eighty two percent of the questions. They're just stuck here in this gradient, or they're stuck here, or they're stuck here.
Speaker 1: I want to take it all on. People are definitely excited to have you back into the ring, so to speak, going toe to toe with this question. You bring so much validity to the subject. You bring so much from your survivorman experiences. It's a different caliber having somebody take a look at this. It's almost the same thing that we go through with trying to get academics into the subject. Looking at people like Meldrum and the people that are interested in this with PhD behind their name, you do that in a different way because for us, the boots on the ground, researchers and the people who get out trying to have our own experiences are looking for some validity because there is so much ridicule that goes on in the community, and so much ridicule that goes on just people in general towards us that are interested in the subject. So I am excited to have you look at all aspects. I put it out there to the listenership of the show a couple of days ago. I went on Reddit and did a couple of posts that we were going to do this interview, and I got tons of questions. I've probably got one hundred and fifty questions from people. We've definitely narrowed those down. Trust me, I'm not going to ask you one hundred and fifty questions. One of the main questions that came out of this was are you going to actually get into your experiences with sasquatch in this new film? Are you going to talk about the possibility that they're interdimensional, supernatural the spiritual aspect of sasquatch that, Frankly, the person who asked this question wants to get more into that because they believe that there's something to be explored there. Talk a little bit about are you going to look at some of those aspects of this creature, not just the flesh and blood aspect, but some of the more weird things, the high strangeness events that people experience. Are you going to draw from your own experiences in this new project?
Speaker 2: Emphatic yes as to both of those questions, Let's go to the drawing from my own experiences clearly across the ten episodes of Survivor Man.
Speaker 1: I don't want to be redundant and just rehash what I already did. In fact, I would rather.
Speaker 2: Come fully to what I experienced while filming Survivorman Bigfoot, which would include certain things I did not share on Survivorman Bigfoot. Wasn't ready to wasn't in the right place, wasn't right for the series, just a tangrent for a second. In a like way, when I had my experience in Alaska, I was filming Survivor Man and Surviveman was riding high. I never mentioned that in the Survivor Man series because I didn't want to detract from what I was doing as Survivorman. I don't want to give you if I say Bigfoot in the middle of a Survivorman show, everybody's going to get me all it's a shiny object, So not even going to mention it. While I was doing Survivor Man, Bigfoot, the same thing. There were certain things that happened, and that does lead us to the other elements of respective on this which you get into the more. Let's just it's a bit of a misnomer, but you can put the paranormal blanket on it, let's say.
Speaker 1: And the short answer to that is yes.
Speaker 2: Now, am I going to bother Jeff Meldrum with questions about them traveling through portals? No, because that's not where Jeff comes from. I want to deal with Jeff Meldrum where Jeff Meldrum lives and ask him respectful.
Speaker 1: Questions within the scope of that. But if someone over here is saying, look, I communicate with them and they come from this planet, then okay, then I'm going to ask some specific questions and get specific answers out of that person.
Speaker 2: Not in a way so that once I get to this side of the scale it mocks or disrespects what was over on this side of the scale.
Speaker 1: Not at all.
Speaker 2: Every gradient has its place, but every gradient is filled with questions. So that's my long win to answer the question. But the short way was yes.
Speaker 1: Speaking of survivor man in Alaska, the incident that happened to you while filming in Alaska, had you considered going back to that exact area looking at some of these areas that you've been again.
Speaker 2: Short answer is yes, I am going to be going back to some places. My longer answer to that is I'm not sure exactly where, when, or how. Yet, so many places that I went, so many experiences. The experience in Smoking Mountains Tennessee was far more profound than I ever explained. The experience I had with Scott Carpenter was incredibly profound, the experience that I had in Clem too, and then of course the Alaskan one. The other aspect of that is with the Alaskan one, I have a connection there who is familiar with that area, who has a remote, extremely remote river section area where no one ever goes except for mining research or logging research. The stories there are incredible, and he's let me know when you want to go there, and I'll get you in there. And it's really not that far from where I was, so perhaps even.
Speaker 1: A greater hotspot. I will say it though, that it's a fool's game to try to go back to relive or make happen something in the same place, even at the same time because if these beings do exist, I'm sure they're not just hanging out in one spot.
Speaker 2: It'd be no different than I saw Links one time on a trail in Tamogamy, and I could go stand by that corner or the trail for the rest of my life and never see another Links again. So I don't think it's so simple as to say I'm going to go back there because that's where I experience something, and.
Speaker 1: Stay tuned for more sasquat Chobasy. We'll be right back after these messages.
Speaker 2: That said where I did experience the most profound things, and there's about let see, there's the Portland one, which was the extra episode, there's on the top of the mountain, Radium springs. These are places Am I intrigued and interested in going back?
Speaker 1: Absolutely? I think what I'll do is just simply rather than trying to guess that when I think they're going to be there is I would base it on whether when can I go there? When can I go there or not freeze or be rained on constantly or whatever, and so it makes it logistically possible. But yeah, definitely I'm excited about going back for sure. And you had a second part to that question. Yeah, it was a two part question. There. My good buddy Roger up and Tennessee asked this question. You already answered the second part, but I'll put it out there in its totality. How do you choose your areas for research? And are you going to go back to well known places or lesser known places for the new documentary.
Speaker 2: I think you have listeners that I believe, I hope happy with my answer to that.
Speaker 1: You can't choose, and.
Speaker 2: We can call them hotspots all you want. Sure I can tell you when the steelhead are going to be good in the Roague River. Sure I can tell you when the lake trout are going to be biting in Tamagami, Ontario. But picking and choosing where I'm going to go to elicit an encounter is a fool's gag, and I think.
Speaker 1: That's why if I've had some kind of success, it's because it's their choice, not mine.
Speaker 2: If you will, I think it's more about recently I was doing it. I just it's up right now on my YouTube challenge at the director's commentary on one of the last episodes that I did in the Radium Springs area, commented a lot about and I believe this is right about relaxing and also making yourself very vulnerable. Now it's a survival instructor. It's triggy because making yourself vulnerable is dangerous.
Speaker 1: You never do that.
Speaker 2: So going in and say, staying in a place where I'm vulnerable to I'm the one who can be seen, but I can't see much around me. For example, if I'm up on a ledge looking overseeing everything, I'm not so vulnerable. That's why moose hang out on ledges. They're watch They're literally looking for Woltz.
Speaker 1: You know. Now I'm down in the deep in a gully like this, I'm now very vulnerable walking down that gully. But in this situation, I.
Speaker 2: Believe that's part of the process is placing yourself in an area where you are vulnerable to allow this species to know you're there without you knowing they're there, to watch you there without you knowing they're watching you.
Speaker 1: And again, how far do we go with this?
Speaker 2: Because if we're on this side of the scale, then their ability to travel and get to places becomes much more complex. So in the end, all I am is a human making himself vulnerable. So in the hotspots, sure, yeah, I'd be stupid to try this in Central Park, New York, regardless of what people might say about whether or not they come into cities.
Speaker 1: One of those hotspots. There's a place east of Portland, there's clem To.
Speaker 2: In northwestern Canada, there's the Top of the Mountain area, Radium Springs area. There's my own cap and in Tumagabi, Ontario, there's a smoky mountains in Tennessee. Finally, enough where I didn't really have much of anything was actually in Willow Creek, right.
Speaker 1: You'd think that's the scene of the film, right, the Patterson. That's where we all I didn't have.
Speaker 2: That was the least of what I had was when I was down in Willow Creek, the least of any And I would say nothing.
Speaker 1: But yet then I go to my own.
Speaker 2: Cottage into Mogm, Ontario, and this happens, and that happens in this southens. So you're at a bit of a loss and you're hard pressed to say I'm going there, and I can a listit a response. Now, notwithstanding people who say they have relationships and always go I always have, No, I don't always. I've been able to have experiences in lots of places, because I think it's about how I present myself.
Speaker 1: I'm going to go a little off script here as far as some of the questions, because this is something that has come up for me so many times over the course of I've probably interviewed a thousand people. At this point, we're over five hundred episodes of the show. The thing that comes up over and over that really baffles me is some of these habituation situations that people claim to have. Are you going to explore some of that in this new film and maybe look at some of these habituation situations where people are claiming to have multiple experiences over the course of time with these creatures on their property.
Speaker 2: Yes, and no, this one comes with a cautionary tale. One thing I'm not going to do is give you yet another film with seventeen eyewitness interviews.
Speaker 1: We've had lots of those too many finding Big Foo.
Speaker 2: The only thing that was good about Finding Bigfoot was the town hall story after story.
Speaker 1: That was the fun part. That was a good part.
Speaker 2: You don't need me interviewing yet another guy who's got a hunt camp, he goes who It's just those are already out there. I need me to answer these questions. That's put the question in Bigfoot is so let's answer these questions. You can hear lots of great stories. Will there be some potentially peppered throughout the film? That comes down to filmmaking. If this is the right time to let Jeff from Texas tell his story.
Speaker 1: Sure. One of the things I haven't told you is what I want to do is go to a lot of the people who are spending all of their time actually researching and going out there and going after this. So I hope I get a chance.
Speaker 2: I can't promise any of these people because they might say not well, they're got busy, But I hope I get a chance to sit down with the David Bletis very good friend of mine and I respect him a lot, Jeff Meldrum, Stacy Brown Junior. These are individuals that are either acquaintances or downright friends and have real experiences. But I don't want to get caught down that trap where I just start giving you a parade of people who know what they saw and they don't care what anybody says. They got their story to tell. We've got those stories. We've got lots of them. That's the other thing.
Speaker 1: I'd love to say to people for this film, along with not getting all of that, it's not just going to be another film where it's going to be that, followed by a creepy aerial shot over a misty forest that's turned into black and white, followed by another story, followed by it's not what I do, it's not how I approach this. Well that makes sense, do you know what I mean? Absolutely? I love it. Mat Did I answer the question? I can't think I off script myself there. No, that was really the perfect answer, at least for me. I am so craving that because that's one of the things I host another show. I host multiple podcasts with my co host Wayne Over on that Bigfoot podcast, and we've had conversation after conversation about this. We literally did a show recently where if you go and google the latest thing in Bigfoot or the newest thing in Bigfoot, there's really nothing out there. I think Sasquatch Sunset was probably the only thing that's even recent from this year that pops up. I had those guys on the show. I interview the creators, directors, and stars of that film. A couple of months back when the film came out, and I have my opinions about it. Not my favorite thing that happened to twenty twenty four, but that's really what's happening in Bigfoot. I think this film, your film, the question of Bigfoot, can change all of that for so many people. Because we are hungry, we are craving the next best thing. We want these answers to these age old questions that we've all been wanting to know. I interrupted Brunn and just saying it, and back to the why of why I got in.
Speaker 2: I did the Survival Man Bigfoot series because I felt finding Bigfoot did such a disservice the phenomen Notwithstanding that, I love Cliff I think Clip's a really great guy, a really nice man. But I think that show, which was not in his control, was a joke. I'm back now because of what you just said. I'm like, you know what, now's the right time. Now, that's the right time to do this up correctly. There are some other films on the horizon, some I can't speak of, some I've heard of, and people I respect, like Doug Hichek. But notwithstanding the directions they might go, I just I have a direction that I go that is a different perspective stream just about everybody.
Speaker 1: It's the right time. This question comes from my friend Chris up in Tennessee, and she wants to know. This is something We've done entire shows about this as well. It's something that I have been preaching for so long. Because there's so many people doing independent research. I do my own research. I went out with Todd last year up in October out in Radium. I've been out in the UK looking for these things. I was out in the Pacific Northwest a couple of months ago. That's where I had my experiences. But there's so many people doing independent research, and Chris wants to know your perspective, your opinion on this list. How do we as a Bigfoot community come together and share the information that brings us together and proves the existence of these creatures. Hopefully films like this, incorporating so many different people with so many different perspectives, will hopefully help do this for us in the community. But it is one of those things it's very divided. Is this is mine. You can't come here, you can't come to my research area. You can't know what I'm doing because it's mine. How in your can we bring the community together and move forward in a way that we share information and hopefully brings us a little bit closer to answering some of these questions that we have about Bigfoot. Can I be a little brad abs of freaking lovely, Let's just ignore and stay away from the crazies. And when I say that, with all due respect to your listeners, it's a small percentage in a room of one hundred people at a Bigfoot conference, it's two people, maybe maybe three, probably two who are obsessive about this and obsessive about that. Nobody not over here on the side of portals and aliens or over here on Jeff Meldrum's side of gigantapithecus. Nobody can claim knowing.
Speaker 2: The best we have is believing someone who said they've actually seen it. That's the best we have. But to answer with this person's question is see for me. Okay, I'll answer it this way. When I was doing Survive Van Bigfoot, I got into it with like eyes white open, but an innocent and this is oh so cool.
Speaker 1: I'm looking for this big a but I think maybe it could be out there.
Speaker 2: But it didn't take long, partially because I was that guy, right, I'm a survivor man, so I game with a cachet.
Speaker 1: When I discovered that individuals would.
Speaker 2: Want me to be their poster boy, they would want me to be in their camp of what this is. And I don't know if I made enemies or not, but I definitely refuse to be anybody's poster boy.
Speaker 1: I am wide open.
Speaker 2: I might open to all possibilities in life anyway, So for me to avoid, for example, the subject of their supposed ability within the scope of telepathy, that brings a whole other thing into it. And again with massive amounts of respect to Jeff Meldrum, who's approaching on a purely scientific basis, he doesn't want to talk about that unless he one data decides to get interested in that.
Speaker 1: But I respect that. But for a moment, I'm into that. I want to talk to who's in that world. So if anybody in any of the worlds is like slamming the desk, and this is what I mean by avoiding the crazies. I see it on Facebook postings. All gay let's strautneys to contact me urgently. Only I can show can give him a connection to these I have a relationship and I'm just like you're the first person that's never going to get a call back from my office. I want sanity, I want critical thinkers, so avoid those who are not critical thinkers, who are willing to go Okay, Honestly, I got no time for the portal thing, for the alien thing, but I think there's a lot of knowledge and information behind why this could be gigantipithecus, and why I could be highly intelligent, why could it evade trail cams and exist in the forest. I'm not interested in them vanishing before your eyes, but I'm over here. Those are the people like a Jet Melt, or like a David Plitis, or even my good buddy Stacy Brown Junior, who comes with a lot of color. For some reason, we're brothers from other mothers. I don't know why, because we're like diametrically opposed in so many ways. That's how you avoid the crazies, and you stick with the critical thinkers when you smell the crazy. I'm going to go over this other booth here over here, I'm going to go talk to Ron moorehead excuse me, and get away from the crazies. I don't know if that's too much simplistic of an answer, but that's how I'm going to do it. I am a musician. I have done music my entire life. I love your music, So this question is about your music. They want to know a little bit about your music career and do you think sasquatches may react or interact with music and the melodic type of vocalizations and whistles that they are reported to do. I'm throwing this in there. It's not a part of this question, but I want to know if you're maybe looking at possibly doing some of that stuff music related stuff in this new project to see if they respond to it. First of all, thanks for asking about the music. Quick tidy up on that is I just finished.
Speaker 2: I performed on Slash's new album, his blues album called Orgy of the Damn that I did some touring with him, great blues rock album. I'm always working on my Mother Earth album to get live performances happening, which is a celebration of nature.
Speaker 1: Through film and music. I have two new albums coming out.
Speaker 2: Actually, one is Little in that Americana acoustic genre that I love some. The other one is full on Rock being produced by Mike Klink, which is a Brammy Award winning producer.
Speaker 1: So yes, my music constant. In fact, if anything, you know what I'm doing right now, I'm doing music and a question a big But those are my two worlds right now. Wild Harvest will come along when it comes along that series. But these are my two worlds right now.
Speaker 2: Yes, that is one thing that I did not do, but I have seen it's cliche music, Sue the Savage Beast. I've seen that with animals, and I'm a musician. I've done it myself. Actually with harmonica. I remember I was able to bring in over to me, like an audience from across the other side of the lake, upwards of fifty loons. That's a water bird with a beautiful call. And I brought fifty of them with my harmonica over. I got wolves to howell with my harmonica. The word answer now is absolutely, We're going to see where that can go.
Speaker 1: I love it. This comes from our buddy Jake. He wants to know your thoughts on migration. This is something that's come up so many times. I finished my first book, Sasquatchu Least, the Truth behind the Legend, that came out earlier this year. Cliff actually wrote the forward to my book. It's a very scientific approach to Bigfoot, so we didn't really get a ton into migration because it's very subjective. But that's one of the things I've had conversations with people like Jeff and Cliff about. Jake wants to know your opinions on whether these things migrate, and do you think there's a large enough population in the lower forty eight and in Canada that could support the species, or do you think these things are in smaller groups and they're migrating based on climate, food, and other factors.
Speaker 2: So, based on my knowledge of natural history and the wilderness, in short, I think they've got to number somewhere between thirty and forty five thousand across North America. I think they are in small groups, so it makes sense. And I absolutely think they migrate, if not great distances, at least moderate distances like a herd of elkmight.
Speaker 1: I think they migrate based on weather patterns where they.
Speaker 2: Might exist, sleep their prey, whether that's berries or elk or everything in between, fish, salmon, and so on. I think they have homelands, But I think generally speaking, the answer the reason why because you have to name any hunter gatherer society that didn't migrate.
Speaker 1: There isn't one. Stay tuned for more Sasquatch outasy. We'll be right back after these messages.
Speaker 2: They all had to migrate. Right now is when the kamus is ready. Right now, the berries are ready, the salmon is running over here. I follow the elk this way over there. They're most vulnerable in this moment, this time of the year, just on a purely physical level alone.
Speaker 1: That's the way I see it. I can't say that's the way it is, but that's the way I believe it. It probably is another purely subjective question here. If this is something that's come up recently. I've had conversations with a couple of people. I'm actually trying to get a couple of folks scheduled for an interview on the show to talk about this, because they've claim to have seen this. I've talked to Fred roll up in Alaska a couple of times, and Fred has interviewed folks who have claimed to have seen this as well. It's about the tree knocks that so many people have recorded. You mentioned finding Bigfoot earlier. It was something that they did constantly. It's something that a lot of researchers still do. I was out in the woods a couple of months ago that was happening. We brought a tree knocker and we were doing tree knocks. Do you think it's possible that these tree knocks that people are hearing are more of mouth pops versus tree knocks, so vocalizations as opposed to these things picking up a stick and hitting a tree.
Speaker 2: I did hear one perspective that I thought had some validity to it, that they are potentially mouth pops and not tree knocks. If you think about it, first of all, ahead that's going to be two to three times.
Speaker 1: Larger than mine. Yeah, you have a mouth cavity that's just massive.
Speaker 2: Knowing when and how and where to do that, you could have a very loud sounding up with that. That for us one hundred yards five hundred yards half a quarter mile away sounds like. One of the reasons that I like going down that road is.
Speaker 1: Because I suppose in their world they would know where the trees are.
Speaker 2: Me trying to find trees to make that sound, it's hard. It can't just be near any old swamp and find the right club and the right tree to hit it. And it makes that sound.
Speaker 1: Try it. Go ahead and try it.
Speaker 2: You'll be hard pressed to find something within hours that actually sounds like that. And now it has to be in the right place at the right time and create the right echo space. All of that being all of that together, that's not so easy. The different types of trees we have. If we're down here in Oregon, we have pine and madrone breeze. But if I'm up in Ontario, I'm dealing with birch and poplar.
Speaker 1: It's all so different. So if they can mouth pop if that's why would they do that. It's the problem for the skeptics and anybody out there who doesn't care about this, is it seems silly, doesn't Oh yeah, yeah, I'm a big foot.
Speaker 2: The thing is, it's just going to be some form of rudimentary communication going on.
Speaker 1: Maybe they have advanced communication.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to go there right now, but I will say that in terms of rudimentary communication, why not pops, whistles, pops, vocalizations, imitations. Of course, therein lies the danger of being led down the garden pathway of every time you hear a crow, it's a saasputch. Every time you hear an owl, it's a sasqutch, And then I've even done his No, that's an owl.
Speaker 1: They imitate owls. Oh good lord. So it's tricky. But anyway, I hope that answer your questions.
Speaker 2: I am intrigued by this way of communicating. As I say, a quarter kilometer of away echoed across the lake from a large jowled communicative feature certainly makes sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had Tom Powell on the show recently and Tom was showing me his technique of how he makes the mouth pops. It is really loud. If you get profision at it. I can certainly see something with baseball mit sized hands with this, like you said, an enormous jowl, I could definitely see it being something. It's more of a vocalization versus them finding a stick or a rock to hit a tree with. Here's an interesting question that comes from Tom. With all of your wilderness experience, and now the experience is that you've had that you believe maybe related to sasquatch, are there different precautions that you take before you go out into the wilderness that maybe you didn't take before because of the presence of these creatures.
Speaker 2: Zero, I take no precautions that way. The only precautions I take would be bear spray and grizzly territory, a rifle and polar bear territory, get back in the cage, and if I'm diving with white sharks, keep my eyes straight on a tiger and staying away from lines. That's my precautions. Otherwise, No, I don't want to come across as braggadoccio with it or anything.
Speaker 1: But I'm not cautious in the forest. I think that goes against the experience you're trying to have. You go out there with an AK forty seven ready to shoot down this big beast. O. Good luck with that. I'd rather be vulnerable and trust that it's not my time to die yet. Here's an interesting question that's come up multiple times. As I said, I wrote my first book, it was a very scientific book. I've just finished my second book, and it's a fictional line story about Bigfoot to answer some of these questions. In my opinion, this is one of the things that I addressed in the book, and some people have asked me this over and over. I've talked to one person who interviewed a person who has since passed away years ago who had an experience with a juvenile sasquatch that he grew up getting to know. According to him, he said that this bigfoot was able to make fire. And here's one of the questions that somebody asked on Reddit. Do you believe they have the ability to use or make fire? And do you believe that they might use cave systems and or hibernate during the wintertime and some of these harsher climates. The fire thing is out of my scope of even trying to deal with simply because my initial answer is in the negative for that one. It doesn't make sense to me. Maybe on the odd occasion.
Speaker 2: But it would make them very vulnerable to being seen and discovered by us. For those researchers who find tracks questionable this and questionable that in tree structures and so on, will you start to find fire spots and then they say, oh, yeah, but then that could just be humans leading fire behind.
Speaker 1: So that's an interesting question, I don't think.
Speaker 2: So then again we go back to again over on this side of the scale with the question of where they live in hibernating and so on. If we're going to stay in that realm, it's purely a matter of biology. Let's take my chocolate labs, and my chocolate labs can jump in icy water and enjoy it and.
Speaker 1: Come out like nothing's have happened. I don't know how they do it, but they can do it.
Speaker 2: So a species like sasquatch that is so at home in the wilderness, whether or not they hibernate, I could see that being a reality for them up in Canada and Northern Canada. But if we're going to allow that there's many of them in that they're across North America, do they need to hibernate if it's a Florida skuncave. Do they need to hibernate in Oregon?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: And the other truism with hibernation is that it's not what people think it is. It's not like a bear goes off to sleep and never wakes up in the middle of winter or even never comes out in its den. Black bears will come out of their den in January and February if they just feel the airge to get up and stretch. It's a thing grizzly soup, houl of bear's suit. I don't think people should be imaging a family of a dozen sasquatch huddled together in a cave, hibernating out the winter. I think that's fanciful, thinking there'd be much more to it than that. The whole physiology of a black bear is built towards being able to sleep for months on end in that state of hibernation, living office fat reserves. How do we know that sasquatch can do the same or they more like us. We can't eat six months worth of food and then sleep for six months, and a black bear is a canine. It's a whole different trechctory of evolution. But as far as utilizing cave systems and so, all of that is just a big fact. Yes, why wouldn't they Why wouldn't they use cave systems underground tunnels? There's so much more of that out there than we know. I've found some, not saying I found Bigfoot cave, but I've found caves that nobody knew about because I was bushwhacking.
Speaker 1: There's so much of that out there, Like.
Speaker 2: There's a few million into the ground caves in North America. Not saying that because I know that scientifically, I'm guessing that's probably the case.
Speaker 1: So the answer is why wouldn't they. I would last couple of questions before we completely shift gears, before I'll let you get out of here. This has come up recently. I had a great listener who was into stats that was over from the UK and we had an entire show where he broke down some of the stuff that was on the BFRO. He looked through five thousand encounters and broke down the specific time of the year that you're more likely to have an experience with bigfoot. So this is a quick two part question for you. How long do you typically stay in an area that you researching specifically for the documentary and or just in general when it comes to bigfoot? And is there a specific time of year that you prefer to do that kind of study and look for these things when you're out in the woods.
Speaker 2: I don't believe that should be out there a month you aren't going to have any activity because most of my activities.
Speaker 1: Happened within hours. Now I can get into the details as to why I believe that's the case with me.
Speaker 2: I don't have anything special, but that most of it in some cases literally arriving on the spot and something goes down. Sure, I don't need to prove myself with my ability being able to stay out somewhere for a long time. I don't think that in this case, in this research, that I need that. Conversely, speaking, if you're being a researcher, I think it should be constant and consistent. Nonetheless, the problem with that is you can spend months with nothing and it becomes very disheartening. So it'll come down to your methodology. I'm sorry, Brian, what was the second question.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the second part was is there a specific time of year that you prefer to go out that you've had more experiences. For example, the Gentleman that we had on from the UK, when he broke down the BFRO raw data, he found that October was basically October, November and December with the three biggest months for a potential sasquatch encounter. Have you seen that in your own research. Is there a specific time of year where you've had more experiences where you would maybe focus on being out in the woods looking for them. It's an interesting question because part of the problem I'd love to know how.
Speaker 2: That data was acquired and what the cross sections were, because for example, that also just happens to be the time when most hunters are out in the woods, they're not out there. You will find me lollygagging around the forest looking for a sasquatch encounter in the middle of June in northern.
Speaker 1: Ontario, Canada. No thanks, because I'll be that.
Speaker 2: The counter I will have will be a beast that is monstrous, that has made up of blackflies that are going to pick me up and carry me away, or mosquitoes. So we got nothing to do with that because another species, is that even a problem to them? We know black flies send musau to the forest going crazy.
Speaker 1: Is that a problem? Processible A jot o't No. Rigardness of winter is just brutal and painful and cold, So you don't find us at it there. You find most of us humans lollygagging around out in the woods, trekking out in the woods in that fall season. Maybe August, you could throw August and September in there for basic general hikers, but all of us, everybody who hunts, that's when we go. It's the most pleasant, it's the easiest, the bugs are gone, temperatures are good, so it could be just a subject of that. That said, I've seen other researchers with their footage from the winter, and think about it, if you're ever going to see tracks. When I used to do nothing but tracking regular animals, winter was my favorite time of year because trying to find that one patch of mud where Grizzly happened to walk in, that one patch of mud where I can.
Speaker 2: Cast his track, that's tough. Once you get into snow, get at the right time, all the tracks are there for you. So I think I'm answering a question by not answering the question. I would love to know and hear from people who spend more time in the winter, do they have better luck?
Speaker 1: Me myself?
Speaker 2: See, I had one of my more significant experiences in.
Speaker 1: Early spring, very significant. So did the person I was out with.
Speaker 2: There's a whole story behind when I took the fan out in a Survivorman episode that he and I have, Joseph McCollum. I have that is based on Bigfoot, which I didn't share in the Survivorman film.
Speaker 1: That was April.
Speaker 2: So I would not curtail Carol Anwel, I'll finish this. I wouldn't curtail my research based on the time of year. I would go when I could go, because also, you know, what April in Oregon's freaking beautiful. What a great time of year to go out. All depends on where you are Florida. Who cares what time of year you go in Florida.
Speaker 1: I've got to ask you about this. You and I talked about it. I sent you a couple of screenshots before we got on this morning, and I want to get into this video from Survivor Man Romania Part one in the Transylvanian Apps. This is something that came up on the radar probably five or six months ago. Wayne and I talked about it on that Bigfoot podcast. Are you aware of this possible sasquatch that you might have filmed over your shoulder? Well, how you were doing this? Tell us the scoop. What do you got to say about that? Yeah, let's do it by talking about the other ones. No, we didn't see anything. Then we'd see on social media.
Speaker 2: Hey man, something ran across the road when you were there, and something's in the woods behind. These are other shows, other episodes, other sightings, And we were intrigued by this, and I would say to Barry or Luke or whoever was working on it, I'd say, pull up the original footage we won't get a clearer vantage of what that is without the original footage. Because what people make the mistake if you're not in a film production, what they're not aware of is that the footage when it finally gets to your television screen has been compressed, color grading, and all these different things go on. And even though it looks clean and clear and nice, the reality is it's not as clean and clear as nice as the actual tape or the card that the original clip is on.
Speaker 1: There's all this compression that happens. We have.
Speaker 2: Compressions comes what we call artifacts, and artifacts are things that you think are there that you look at.
Speaker 1: The originals not even there.
Speaker 2: So we started looking at these Barry and I when we were pulling them up, maybe Max Thatt would too, And every time it was like, yeah, it's a leaf in the foreground.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's a branch in the wind. Okay. We could see that clearly.
Speaker 2: It was not a sasquatch running across the road. It was the movement of a shadow from the wind and the tree.
Speaker 1: It's just really clear.
Speaker 2: That said, we've answered all of those except this one, and this one we did not know about it and it is new within the scope of this film, we're going to be approaching that one.
Speaker 1: There's a few things to take into account here.
Speaker 2: Number one, it's in the Transylvanian elks in Romania. What other stories come from that region any at all? Would this be the only story that would ever come from that region? Or are there hundreds that'll change our thought on it? They're already like, oh yeah, and are you kitting in the Transylvania elks man, It's just like Targesh Mountains.
Speaker 1: I think it's called. There's all kinds of sightings and stay tuned for more SASQ watch out to see. We'll be right back after these messages. Okay, that might change how we look at it. We're going to pull up that footage. We did pull it up. I want to approach it in the film. What I can say is it was not answered by being a leaf or a branch or an artifact or anything like that at all. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I also want to approach that whole one, and only because I think it's the only one where my editor and I are looking at it going what the hell all of the other.
Speaker 1: Ones and it's a leaf.
Speaker 2: So yes, it's going to be I'm quite confident it's going to make it into the film.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about the documentary. The last question really is leading into that, and it comes from my buddy over at Bigfoot Society. Jeremiah wants to know will this be in theaters? Is it going to be on streaming platforms? What else can you possibly tell us about the documentary when we can expect it in anything? You want to close out letting the folks know about it, if I.
Speaker 2: Can do an isolated run in theaters where I think I'll actually get some people out to do it, or perhaps maybe screening it at at a big Foot conference.
Speaker 1: I've long been.
Speaker 2: Asked to join a lot of the different big of the conferences and been unable to are. They're good people, I just haven't been able to do it.
Speaker 1: So I think that.
Speaker 2: Would probably be very appropriate to say I go to the Ohio bit to the conference or something like that, or the one in Washington and say that we're going to screen.
Speaker 1: The film and I'll be there.
Speaker 2: That would make a lot of sense. Number two would be on the network television side of it. They're hard breaths to take stuff like this. It's a battleground trying to.
Speaker 1: Get your stuff on these places. Maybe Netflix, maybe, but they drank the reality TV cool eight years ago and that's all they really want. So if this hasn't got that reality sensationalism to it, if it has it with some earnestness, they don't want it. So I'd be left to streaming, of course, which in that case opens me up certainly up to Prime as well to my distribution company, who could distribute around the world because there are there is the odd network that will take it, and then of course YouTube. There you have it, folks, the question of bigfoot Less drout. I will link to everything that Less talked about in the show notes today, specifically the Kickstarter folks. These things do not make themselves. It is an expensive venture to get into good filmmaking. To do what Less does. He cannot do it without you, guys. Make sure you click the button right here in the show notes go over to Kickstarter right now. Give whatever you can. If it's a dollar, if it's ten thousand dollars. It is going to help us answer these questions, and Less Stroud, in my opinion, is the man to do it. Less thank you so much for taking the time to come on and share everything with us today. We are so looking forward to this and I can't thank you enough for your time.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Brian, and certainly let's get me right back on with you. When I have that film to present, we'll get into it and I'll be happy to dissect it with you and we'll have some funny get it. It's a joy to talk with you again.
Speaker 1: Excellent, my friend.
Speaker 3: They say you don't gotta go home, but you can't stay.
Speaker 5: I want.
Speaker 6: Outside steps.
Speaker 4: Step joy, this chard that chart, Everything came right back, pride back joy for me, Joy, stay right, you come.
Speaker 5: It right away. Still still sat sidings to the fact.
Speaker 3: Dot dot dot dot dot dot about the.
Speaker 5: Still stills us Still things used these things