Speaker 1: It's with Dan Ray. I'm telling you easy Boston's news video.
Speaker 2: Good evening. Half the show is gone, half the show to go. My name is Morgan White Junior. I've been here at BZ since I'll say the early to mid nineties. I have my own show on Saturdays, beginning at ten o'clock upcoming this Saturday, and after that I'll be here at nine to midnight. I get my hour back. No reference to the former Boston legendary coach and GM Merry Christmas, Happy Honukah, Happy Kwanza, and happy Festivus for the rest of us. Why do I say all that this next Gentleman is going to feature music that overlaps those subjects. I normally have This Gentleman on every two months, but twice in December, once to do the audioclip trivia quiz and once to have holiday music. I've never had anyone on as many shows for as many years fourteen going to fifteen as I have had with my friend. I call him my uncle Mel mel Simon's welcome Tonight's side.
Speaker 3: Always a pleasure, Morgan, Thank you so much. Great to be with you, and this is one of my very favorite shows that I've done with you for years the Holiday show.
Speaker 2: Tell people what we will do over the next two hours.
Speaker 3: Well, it's all going to be Christmas and Hannokus songs, the songs you will know, but not by the people that made them famous. So we've got a few surprises along the way of people that you don't expect to sing some of these songs. And we'll have a lot of fun as we always do.
Speaker 2: So Rob is ready in the control room. Let's tee up the first one and give them a few words, knowing what it will.
Speaker 3: Be played absolutely, mister White will do exactly as you instructed. We begin with a fun song, folks, as sung by a group. But there are a few things I have to do with this name the group singing the song, and I want the first name of the three singers. Please not too tough on this, Morgan. We want the name of the group and the three singers first names. Please, all right, And I'm just.
Speaker 2: Gonna tell you, tell you, I said South, tell you our first caller who loves to play with model trains and allegedly he used to be in the grappling business.
Speaker 3: Oh, I can't imagine who you mean. You don't know his name, I sure done, that's who it is.
Speaker 4: Good run Holidays, guys, Happy holidays. Well that's a sort of an easy one. It's album and the Chipmunks, Alvin Simon and Theodore.
Speaker 3: And then and the name of the group. Oh, you just say it. You're right, you're right in all four Way to go run Nothing.
Speaker 4: I don't know if they're still on TV on me TV. I haven't seen them this long time.
Speaker 2: Ross Bagdasian was the creator of that whole respect of music. His son, Ross Bagdasarian Junior produced the two movies that came in during the twenty teens, and they are still putting out records. I didn't know. I don't know if they have something out for twenty twenty four, but they're still out there.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I actually had that record many years ago, but I can't find it. I had it on a forty five. No still, no, No, I don't think Belle would steal it. Mel's get his own copies.
Speaker 3: I don't think I would steal that particular song. I might steal love Us, but not that one.
Speaker 4: Yeah. But of course i'll see Mel tomorrow at the Christmas party over at Midway.
Speaker 2: I won't be there because I've got the rate. I'm up to midnight tonight. I want to try to get some sleep and then I'm here, yeah, the rest of the week and next week for two days. So that's right.
Speaker 3: Well, I'll tell you Morgan, we certainly will miss you tomorrow. It's been a early thing every Christmas we sit together. You'll be there in spirit.
Speaker 2: I'm going to miss my lobster that Bob always prepares for me.
Speaker 3: Bob, you and me both. I hope I get the lobster, even though you're not going to be there. I got my fingers crushed.
Speaker 4: Well, we'll have an extra one for you, Morgan Melanisle, share an extra one. Okay, all right, boys, we'll see you happy.
Speaker 2: By all right. What's the next one?
Speaker 3: Well, you know, perhaps the most popular Christmas novelty song in history was rooted off The Red Nose Reindeer. It's a song that helped make the Great Cowboys star Gry a multi millionaire. This is the song Rudolph, but it's not by Gene Autry. It's by one of my favorite entertainer's gang. Who is it?
Speaker 5: You know, Dan Scharen, Dancer and Prancer and Vixen, Commen and Cupid and Donoran Glitzen.
Speaker 2: But do you recall.
Speaker 5: The most famous rain deer of all?
Speaker 2: No, not Umbriaco.
Speaker 5: It was who down the red nose reindeer had of a resining note. And if you have a slant you would even say it you lose all of the the raindeer used to laugh and call him name, gain them vlepoo rue du join in and the rain days. Then one foggy Christmas Eve, Santa came to save Blue delph with your notes so.
Speaker 6: Bright, won't shoot guy my slave tonight?
Speaker 5: Then how the rain dear loved him as they shouted out, Wiggy Rude, down the red nose rain do you you'll go down in history?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: Not too tough on this one, old buddy, huh, too tough.
Speaker 2: But I'm gonna make it stretch out a bit more because I'm right at the time to take my first break. So Gary in Wooburn, you'll get your chance to take a swing at that one. Once we come back from the break. There's one open line anyone else wants to call in six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty or eight eight, eight, nine to nine ten thirty. This is Night's side is off for the rest of the week and won't be back until the new year. I do believe that would be the sixth to fifth fifth of January. So on that note, I see the caller who would have been next hung up. He didn't want to take the easy one. So Randy in Illinois, you'll be next here on Nightside. Time and temperature ten fifteen twenty five degrees.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Way live from the Window World, Nice Sighted Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: Dan is off for the rest of this week. In the first two days of next week. My name Morgan White Junior. I am here doing the best I can to fill in on Nightside to do at least a half decent job. Dan does an excellent job. Let's go to Randy in Illinois and see if he knows the identity of that singer. Randy, Hello, Hello, Morgan.
Speaker 7: Hello mel how you doing.
Speaker 3: Great to hear from you, Buddy good Well, I'm going to say that the.
Speaker 7: Singer is Missus Calabash's long lost friend Jimmy.
Speaker 3: Were you guys both Jimmy Durante fans? Because I was a biggie. Let me tell you I was too.
Speaker 2: I was too.
Speaker 7: Dude.
Speaker 2: How could you not be, How could you not be?
Speaker 3: And it was perhap the most lovable.
Speaker 7: Say again, he take the piano apart and smash it, and that was great that a piano bar back.
Speaker 3: They he would just smash the the piano to bits, and boy were they went through a lot of pianos, let me tell you. But what a great entertainer and absolutely loved as a person. Jimmy Duranty never wrote his autobi biography because there was nothing unkind to say about him. He was universally loved.
Speaker 7: Yes, started out in Coney Island as a pianel player.
Speaker 3: That's right, started off as a piano player. That started doing comedy and he was a big hit doing both.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, great, And he did every medium.
Speaker 3: He did de vaudeville, he did movies, he did radio, he did television, all very successful.
Speaker 7: What Christmas movie is he is he known for? Well, actually it's not really a Christmas movie, but it's a movie from I guess the forties, yes, the early forties. And Monty Woolley isn't it.
Speaker 2: Wasn't he in Jumbo?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he wasn't Jumbo with thet stay. I don't think that's the movie. I mean, Randy is it.
Speaker 7: Nope, the man who came to dinner. He was the character who came in at the end and put Anne Jared in in the money thing and chipped her off so that the true loves could come together.
Speaker 3: Oh very nice.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Randy, let me wish you a happy holiday.
Speaker 7: Same same to you Morgan, and to you Mel, love your boat.
Speaker 3: I have a wonderful Christmas, Randy, and thank you for calling.
Speaker 2: And now Uncle Mel, play another one.
Speaker 3: Well we go in to Hanakhe with this song. One of the great Hanikah songs is Bamir mister Shane. It was originally written by Shoam Sekunda and it was written in Yiddish, and years later it was translated by Sammy Kahin into English. It was the first hit record that the Andrew Sisters ever had. The three gals received a total of seventy five dollars and the decade people made millions from that recording. Here's an interesting version of Bama mister Shane. The gentleman sings the refrain in Yiddish and then segues into English. Name the singer please.
Speaker 8: Of all the girls I've known, and I've known some until I first met you, I was lonesome, and when you came inside, dear my hotel life and this oul world.
Speaker 6: Seemed new to me. You really swell. I have to admit you deserve exquessions that really fed you. And so I racked my brain hoping to explain all the things.
Speaker 5: That you do to me.
Speaker 8: By me, mister Shane, I'm mere husty can miss I never by me, hovedeveloped, find me misster git im mere husty.
Speaker 6: Eggs by me, mister tian fen gel fi shane A may then sign him. I can't leave in the same n.
Speaker 2: This I never.
Speaker 3: Sung in both Yiddish and English. A famous gentleman in his own right.
Speaker 4: Who is it now?
Speaker 2: I have a message for you. I get a call earlier today. Ye and our friend Eddie d Yeah, you know your last name, And he told me to tell you he's listening tonight because he wanted to hear the Honiker songs that you were gonna play.
Speaker 3: I've got a bache of them. I mix them up between Hannakhah and uh and Christmas. So ed you will get your fill, I promise.
Speaker 2: And somebody let me see if I can get this chain identified properly. Someone sent a message to Jordan for Jordan to get it to you or me, knowing I could get it to you, and Nancy got the message and gave it to Rob, so Rob could tell you off airlier. Rob, don't bother. I will. I will call mail tomorrow so Mel I will give it to you before you go out to the Midway party.
Speaker 3: Okay, terrific. I wonder who it is?
Speaker 2: So here I am taking your messages. Good grief. I should charge you.
Speaker 3: A quod I thank you very much. I might be an extra little paycheck in the envelope for your services. Morgan, all right, I'll take it.
Speaker 2: I'm not proud.
Speaker 3: Well, there's not guarantee on that I said.
Speaker 7: Maybe you know.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, we shall see now.
Speaker 2: No no one has lit up the phone lines for this answer. So do you want to give a clue? Do you want to play it again? Do you want to play the next one?
Speaker 3: And first of all was Shoentleman is a very famous singer and songwriter. He's had a lot of hit records, and most of the hit records that he has had, he has written Let's give it another shot. Rob number three played again, of all the girls I've known, and I've known some.
Speaker 6: Until I first met you, I was lonesome.
Speaker 8: And when you came insight, dear my heart girl life and miss Dulwell seemed new to me.
Speaker 6: You really fell.
Speaker 8: I have to admit you deserve a questions that really fed you, and so I racked my brain hoping.
Speaker 6: To explain all the things that you do to me. Find me.
Speaker 8: This's the shame, A mere husted hay, this I never me I've developed, M mere mister gist, M mere husty it vam me bisttied f and girl who fishing a maile of bean shined h volve and min who since i'llysh lib and ibben norting, M mere abst shame, M mere hust hain this I never mere huveloped.
Speaker 3: Very well known personality. Gang has had a lot of hit records, not too tough. I thought, who is it? Morgan?
Speaker 2: I guess Robbie didn't put me on?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Oh okay, now can you hear me?
Speaker 3: I'm clear here?
Speaker 2: Good now, Jody can you hear me?
Speaker 7: Yes, sir?
Speaker 2: All right? So Jody, who is it?
Speaker 4: Neel sadaka?
Speaker 3: You got it? Jody? Where to got so many hit records over the years.
Speaker 2: Jody, how did you know?
Speaker 3: Well, do you know that Neil Sedaka had a hit record in four different decades fifty sixties, seventies, and eighties. A great talent.
Speaker 2: Now there's no prize involved, but we congratulate you and you can put a gold star on your forehead for a good job done.
Speaker 9: I guess just about every time my mister signmon is on.
Speaker 3: Well, so you're ali your recommendations are pretty good. Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I guess just about all. I think I've missed one. Oh very good, oh very good, four or five times you've been on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, Jody, thank you for playing.
Speaker 3: Judy. I appreciate the call.
Speaker 7: Happy healthy New Year. And if you don't have your health, you have nothing that.
Speaker 2: Is true, Jody, Happy holidays to you.
Speaker 3: Thanks Joddy.
Speaker 2: And I'm at the bottom in the hour time that I'm gonna set up for a break, So I'll let Rob decide. Rob, do we play one and go right to the break. Let's go to break first. I'm come out. We're gonna go to a break. Okay, you want to call in so you'll be online and ready six one, seven, two, five, four, ten, thirty or eight eight, eight nine to nine, ten thirty the time here on night side and temperature in Boston ten thirty twenty five degrees.
Speaker 1: You're on night Side with Dan Ray on WBZ, Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Dan Ray is off for the next six days Tomorrow, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, next Monday and Tuesday. Obviously he's off tonight because I am here. I am Morgan White Junior and thrilled to be able to spend the holidays with all you lovely people. All Right, mel Te's the next one.
Speaker 3: Here's a fun Christmas novelty song. It was a big hit record years ago, cold I Want. All I Want for Christmas is my two front teeth and the hit version was by Spike Jones and his trumpet player was George Rock, who sang it in a high soprano voice. It was a big hit record. This is the song, but it's being sung by three gentlemen, and very simply, gang, we want the first and last name of these three singers.
Speaker 10: All I Want for Christmas is my two front team, my two front teens.
Speaker 6: See my dude front teeth.
Speaker 2: Gee.
Speaker 6: If I could only have my.
Speaker 10: Two front teeth, then I could wish you merry Christmas.
Speaker 6: It seems so long since I could say sister Susie sitting none at this.
Speaker 10: All doshog all happy ID If I could only whistle, all I want for Christmas is my two front team, my two front teens, see my two front teeth.
Speaker 6: G If I could only have my two front teeth, then.
Speaker 3: I could way you married, Hey, delightful novelty song Morgan. We want the first and last names of the three gentlemen singing.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go to Wooburn and speak to Gary, Gary, Happy holidays, take a shot.
Speaker 9: Howard, Fine, and Dorita.
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, Wait a minute, we want the first and last names. Scary, Okay, start.
Speaker 4: What was it?
Speaker 3: Say it again? Slowly, let me absorb. Say it again? But I didn't say it again? Yeah?
Speaker 9: Are you fine?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you got it? Way to go Gary. I thought the tough part would be the Joe Dorita, where a lot of people would have said curly Howard or shamp Howard. But you got it Bell, way to go.
Speaker 9: Well. The reason why I said Joe Dorina is this is because Joe Bess's voice is definitely distinct. You can definitely know that, you know absolutely and Shemp. It definitely could have been Shep, There's no question. But Joe Derita, I have one question to you guys before I go. You guys do your holidays, do the comedians and so forth. But Morgan, why not overload yourself with Mel when you have shows like you talked two hours about old time entertainment and what was Vegas like way back when? And all the celebrities that Mel has bumped into and worked with through the years, including you talking at the same time. That would be a wonderful show. Because Mel is not on enough.
Speaker 2: He's on twice this month. What do you mean he's not long enough.
Speaker 9: That's not on long enough?
Speaker 2: Tell you what Mel will be on the first Saturday in February. We will do what you suggest.
Speaker 3: How's that three hours starting in February?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 9: Is talk about full time entertainment, all the celebrities that you've known all through the years, Mel, Every time I hear a story about you talking about Rodney Dangerfield, about the drugs and just this one and that one Shirley Jones. And before I go go, what was the most most generous celebrity of charity that you work with?
Speaker 3: Mel?
Speaker 9: Or at least new take it for there.
Speaker 3: I'll give you I'll give you two names. It's kind of a tie between two very famous people that I loved. I loved both his entertainers and his people. One was Milton Burrell and the other one was Bob Elliott of Bob and Ray. Those were my two absolute favorites.
Speaker 9: And what did they like?
Speaker 2: Charity?
Speaker 3: I like your suggestion, Gary Morgan, let's talk about that during the week I think it's an excellent idea.
Speaker 2: I'm going to do it this way. The first hour of that night, we will do what Gary suggested, only talk about celebrities, okay, behind backstories, behind the stage stories, celebrities that you've met, celebrities that I have met, and then we'll do the two hours of the audio clip drivia quiz.
Speaker 3: So, Gary, how does that sound? I think that's a great idea.
Speaker 9: The more mel Seimons is on, and I don't care if you're on every weekend, how can anybody ever be bored by you? Forget about trivia. It's awesome, But what you and Moregan are talking about old time entertainment and old time radio shows, anything entertainment of old school. Because all the people are out there and let's face it, the average age on this show is in between fifty and older that listen, and I'm sure they would all appreciate, especially the women out there.
Speaker 2: You got your wish. How's that?
Speaker 4: Gary?
Speaker 3: Thank you so much, great idea, and I will look forward to the February show.
Speaker 2: Excellent, all right, carry happy holiday extra.
Speaker 3: And he got the right answer. It was Mo Howard, Larry Fine, and Curly, Joe Dorita. Incidentally, Joe do Rita. I don't know how you feel about it. Morgan was my least favorite of all the stooges.
Speaker 2: If there were three more other people that came in, he would be below them.
Speaker 3: I just thought he was in nothing. I mean, I could think of so many other people. Amo Sitker I thought would have made a great third third stooge.
Speaker 2: Well he was called a third stooge obviously after Shimp. Curly came in, then Chimp, then uh Joe Besser, then Curley, Joe de Rida.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, that's right. That was that was the force of Yeah, you're right, But of all the people that played the stooges, Joe Dorita just never did it for me personally. How do you feel about it?
Speaker 2: All? He didn't have the magic.
Speaker 3: Totally, a lack of magic. As you put it, you need to have the magic all right, totally the stooges. Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow with an appropriate song for for the weather that we have been having. One of my favorite television personalities sings this song, would you name him? Please?
Speaker 1: All the weather aroundside is frightful, but the fire is so delightful.
Speaker 6: And since we've no place to go, let it snow. Let it snow.
Speaker 2: Let it snow.
Speaker 6: It doesn't show signs of stuff, and I brought some corn for popping. The lights are turned way out low.
Speaker 1: Let it snow, Let it snow.
Speaker 11: Let it snow.
Speaker 8: When we finally kiss good night, how well the hate going out in the storm.
Speaker 6: But if you really hold me tight all the way home, I'll be Walter.
Speaker 8: Oh, the fire is slowly dying, have ida, We're still goodbye.
Speaker 6: But as long as you love me, so let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow.
Speaker 3: Listen, easy one, Morgan. I don't think anybody will get this wrong.
Speaker 2: Well, let's see if Tony and Ohio knows it so.
Speaker 3: To definitely get it.
Speaker 2: Thank you for calling in Happy holidays to you.
Speaker 12: Wait, I'll be off the phone in a minute. Hang on, Sorry, I set up some tea and forgot to forgot to pour. Give me a couple of minutes, please.
Speaker 2: Well, Tony, do you want to let me go deal with that and then call us back were here?
Speaker 12: No, no, it's it's not an emergency. It's just something I made some tea and forgot to drink it and it's been sitting out there brewing for a long time, okay to me. And I don't know whether I'm right or not, but it sounds like we just Philbin.
Speaker 3: That's because he is. We just filbing, Tony, way to go whoa.
Speaker 12: Television and not singing?
Speaker 2: Well, aren't you glad I didn't go away for a while and deal with the tea. You stayed and played and answered it right?
Speaker 12: Well, I'll take care of that in a few minutes. It won't hurt anything. But anyway, it's uh, I'm feeling a little bit better, and my niece is my niece is coming over for Christmas and my brother's cooking and we're going to have a good time. So I just, uh, I'm sorry. I wanted to talk to mel and what is Andrew Fielding going to be back.
Speaker 5: On uh the.
Speaker 2: Last Morgan show of December.
Speaker 12: I don't know what the date is, Okay, all right, okay, I just love it. When you got you guys always put me in a good mood when I'm when I'm sad, and I always get sad around Christmas. But I'm I've got my little niece and my brother, so I'm I'm doing. I'm doing pretty good.
Speaker 4: Really.
Speaker 3: I also don't forget the tea.
Speaker 12: I gotta get the tea. And I'm I'm walking without my walker quite a bit now.
Speaker 3: Wonderful to walk without the walker, just for the exercise.
Speaker 12: They don't really want me to, they want me to walk with it, but I'm bound to determined. I'm gonna walk. I'm not going to be a.
Speaker 3: Okay, great Adamude, Tony, don't don't have a change.
Speaker 2: You're in charge of your health.
Speaker 3: I love you, guys. Julli futue, we love you too, Tony.
Speaker 12: Okay, bye bye, bye bye, thank you for calling.
Speaker 2: All right, there she goes, and before we do another one, I have another break to take phone numbers. No one's in front of you right now, six one, seven, two, five, four, ten, thirty eight, eight, eight, nine, two, nine, ten thirty. This is night Side. I know you hear me, and you're used to hearing Dan. Dan won't be back until the first of the year, January one. That'll be the Wednesday after Christmas, which is this Wednesday. So I'm here until then doing the best I can to keep this microphone warm and ready for Dan Ray. On that note, let's take our break time ten forty six twenty five degrees.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray Mine from the Window World night Sight Studios on WBZ.
Speaker 6: The news Radio.
Speaker 2: Before I forget, Anthony san Marco is going to be my guest tomorrow along with Jimmy Myers, and like I did tonight, I'm having each of them for two hours because they deserve it. They get a lot of phone calls. And on Christmas Night, I'm going to do trivia and as well, i'm gonna have Donna Halperon. So that'll carry me to the next two days. I've got a full slate Thursday and a full slate Friday. I'll tell you more about that later on the week. Uncle mel Tee up another one.
Speaker 3: I always get a big kick out of this song. It's a novelty song. It's called Honakhah and Santa Monica. Would you kindly name the singer please.
Speaker 13: I'm spending Honka and Santa Monica, wearing sandals, lighting candles by the sea. I spent Chavuis and he's Saint Louis.
Speaker 2: A charming spot, but clearly.
Speaker 5: Not this one for me.
Speaker 13: Those Eastern winters I can and Durham. So every year I put my gear and come out here to Forham Russia.
Speaker 2: Shana.
Speaker 13: I spend in Arizona and you I'm careful our way down in Mississippi. But in December there's just one place for me. I'm the California Flora. I'll be lighting my menora like a baby in his cradle. I'll be playing with my drad spending Hanaka. It's Santa Monica by I'm spending Honikah in Santa Monica, or wearing sandals, lighting candles by the sea.
Speaker 2: I spent Chavoris and he's St. Louis.
Speaker 13: A charming spot, but clearly not this spot for me.
Speaker 2: Does Eastern winds, I can endure them. So every year I pack.
Speaker 13: My gear and come out here until Portum, Russia.
Speaker 2: Shana.
Speaker 13: I spend in Arizona, Young Pippo.
Speaker 2: Wait down, Mississippi.
Speaker 13: But in December, there's just one place for me on mid the California Flora.
Speaker 2: I'll be lighting my manora like a baby in his cradle. I'll be in Midrado. Here's the Judas Naca MEAs.
Speaker 13: Why if he could only see I spending.
Speaker 6: Honah guy in Santa Monica by.
Speaker 4: This song.
Speaker 2: When when he wasn't poisoning pigeons in the park, he was doing a Cassan there you go. Oh, look at this. Somebody's calling in. That makes me think he could be related. And is cause I can read the name. I can read the names on the computer, and this calls coming in from Fall River. So, Bob, you've got the floor. Tell us who the heart is?
Speaker 8: Are you got it?
Speaker 1: You hear me?
Speaker 3: You?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Tom Lera?
Speaker 3: Right now? What do you know about Tom Lera?
Speaker 11: Bub Oh, I know he's the song about the Elements. I know he's a Harvard professor and uh I've heard I've heard other songs on the Doctor Demento Show by him.
Speaker 3: Right. Yeah, you know, guys, he not only was a Harvard professor, he was an M I T. Professor as well. Oh, he was and the last I heard he's alive, and well he's somewhere in California, And wouldn't he be a hell of an interview Morgan if you could look at him.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but I'll put it on my get list.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, way to go, Bob. Any of the memories of of Tom Lira.
Speaker 11: That's all I really know about him and Bob.
Speaker 3: I'm going to most wonderful songs, those soey, soy crazy songs. So he was equally adept at singing as well as writing.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm gonna let you know something, Bob. I don't know when they next will do it, but periodically Channel two PBS they play a whole hour and a half dedicated to his music and they sell some of the albums that he put out back in the day. So be on the lookout for that when.
Speaker 3: I've seen it several times more than it doesn't in some foreign country. I can't recall what country, but it's great. It's an old, old, old recording, it's in black and white, and he was terrific on it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so be on the lookout for that.
Speaker 2: All right, take care, Thanks for the call on Happy holidays.
Speaker 11: Yeah, holiday too, bye bye, bye bye, all right, and.
Speaker 2: Now it's time to play another one.
Speaker 3: Well you know here this is a gentleman singing who sings the greatest Italian songs I've ever heard. And I was looking to find a Christmas song in Italian and I couldn't. I just couldn't couldn't find one. I'm sure there are some that exists, I just couldn't come up with one. So he sings, AM not a standard. I'll be home for Christmas. Name this famous singer.
Speaker 7: Please, ah'll behld for Christmas.
Speaker 2: You can fly.
Speaker 5: On me.
Speaker 6: Please have snow.
Speaker 2: And missiles, oh.
Speaker 6: And present.
Speaker 2: On the tree.
Speaker 14: Chrissmussy will find me. Word the lordldly.
Speaker 2: Behind for christ smile iFly.
Speaker 3: Mydream A delightful singer?
Speaker 4: Who is it?
Speaker 2: I'll give the phone numbers again, six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty or eight eight eight nine to nine ten thirty. Either of those numbers will get you in. And we're gonna be doing this until midnight. It's hotly ten fifty five right now, so I don't know so many dials, real quick to get on to take a shot at it.
Speaker 3: If the pants I gave Morgan, he's well known for singing great Italian songs, and I wish I could have found an Italian Christmas song. I just couldn't come up with one.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm sure he did them, but for whatever reason, and Mel, I give you credit, you find the most incredible material to play.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've been very, very lucky finding unusual things. I go to all the records, record sales, you know, the people believed records, and ninety nine or nine tenths of them looking for old rock and roll records. I'm looking for ridiculous things like people singing that are not known as singing. And that's where I pick up a lot of my stuff at these record shows.
Speaker 2: All right, well, let's try Tom in Buffalo. Tom the identity please of the person who's saying, Oh.
Speaker 9: It's got to be Jerry Vale.
Speaker 3: Very good, Tom, will you Jerry Kelly?
Speaker 9: I think his name was really.
Speaker 3: Something like that. Yeah, But they had a lot of great records over the years. I always remember behave him appearing in Boston at the Frolics. You Morgan, you remember the old Frolics wrisa Beach, No, I do not. Yeah, it was an old night club who was there for years and it seems that half of everything that Jerry Vale did in those days was at the frolics and just a lovely gentleman. I had the pleasure meeting him several times, and the heck of a singer.
Speaker 9: And you know he was at the Town Casino on Buffalo a couple of times too.
Speaker 3: Did you see him, Tom, did you see him perform?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 9: No, no, no, But my parents saw him a couple of times.
Speaker 3: Oh, I see. He usually drew pretty well, especially the Italian gang would come see him and half of us ACTI singing Italian songs, and he was suggested he did.
Speaker 2: All right. I gotta cut it now because news is next, But Tom, thank you for the call.
Speaker 3: You too, Tom, Happy holidays.
Speaker 2: Bye bye, and Mel. We have one open line. We'll get back the full lines as soon as someone takes that one line. I've gotta move for news, but we will get back after the news. Here in night side time, in temperature ten to fifty eight twenty five degrees