Speaker 1: I'm going to start. Hello, everyone, welcome to episode nine of Space Pirates. Dungeons and Dragons were one away from the Big ten. It's very exciting.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: I will say I am not for this time doing the one liners for this episode because they were terrible. Instead, I'm going to flip the concepts on its head and I'm going to introduce my players with a genuine compliment.
Speaker 2: Oh, I.
Speaker 1: Am here with taking one on one playing crag Teching is a man who is so genuine in his content. It's something that you hardly see anywhere else on YouTube. It is He's always himself. It's incredible. I love the way that his brain works, and he's always a joy to be around.
Speaker 3: Frustitch, I love you, thank you. That's so nice. Thank you man.
Speaker 1: I'm here with Connaquest Flag Novena. He is literally one of the best lyrics sts I know. His ability to write is incredible. He's also a joy to be around. He's fuddy, he's great, and he is a great smile.
Speaker 4: Ah, that's very very surely.
Speaker 1: Actually, I'm here with Rick planned Josh Drife Hayes. He is a force of charisma. He is a genuinely kind person. If you hang out with him in person. He treats everybody with respect and and kindness. His content is incredible. Obviously, we all love it, we all watch it all the time. It is uh incredible at what he does. And he just takes to everything like a duck in water.
Speaker 5: You can do better, okay.
Speaker 1: Fuck, And I'm also here with Stravity Sigma.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I know, I'm.
Speaker 1: Here with Sharity Segwa. And the thing about Shraberty, the thing that frustrates me the most about Stroberty is I always joke and say that Schwabdy is just like a northern version of me. But that's just a way of hoping with the fact that Schwaberty is just a better version of me. He his his music is incredible, He's incredibly funny, He's a great person to be around. He does a D and D series of his own, which I think is better, and he's just like He's writing is incredible. Everything he does he knocks it out of the park. And I just think he I'm so lucky to live in a life where I met Mark Swaberty and Nichols, because I just couldn't imagine life without him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, hasn't asked, yeah, and he is a father father, go on reddit dot com my father today.
Speaker 1: Legicimately, he said, I've been bound from Reddit again, and I think and I said why, and he said, oh, just you know, threatening violence again. It's the third time. And though the first time he was bound from Reddit it was for threatening violence that I will say wasn't his fault. It was a photoshop challenge where somebody asked for them to remove like like a a wall, and he did it and then read it banned him because it looked like he edited the lady like falling off a cliff or like in a dangerous situation because there so she was like leaning on nothing, which is ludicrous. Anyway, last time, you guys had built a ship, a sentient ship, and you were sailing across All vehicles in this world are sentience, and you were sailing across the soup sea and you came across this comp it's it's it's in your eyeline now it's not too far away. You could see this battle unfold between a ashcar and his meat men and a dumpling noodle monster with a tarle on the back, and they're just in fight at the moment. What would you like to do. I mean, I think everybody turns to captain.
Speaker 3: I forgot I need a pirate hat. I'll be right back.
Speaker 7: So I may I made this deduction off offstream, but I will exclaim it here. Is I believe that the noodle monster is on the soup seas side. Yeah, you can assume that. Well, I think we are still probably underqualified to get involved in this conflict. Yeah, so I would like to propose that we find a way around.
Speaker 1: Well, I will say, currently the ship is sailing towards it, so you're gonna.
Speaker 4: Have to stop it full stop, maties.
Speaker 1: Are you sure? I really love sailing forwards? Oh?
Speaker 4: All right, but we can just deer. We can just deer. We have capability there is.
Speaker 1: You have to set up the sort of computer setup that you didn't go.
Speaker 6: To sailing school. And we don't have water on my homeland. So I'm leaving this up to you.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 4: It's okay. I built this thing with my own hands.
Speaker 1: You did, I helped, says pocket.
Speaker 3: Now you built it with your pockets.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't. I don't understand how that functions. I'm the one that gave it. It's because the thing is Sigma almost built it wrong because he forgot to give it the personality, and I came in and gave it the personality last minute.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, we do have you to thank for this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, And you hear the ship say my least favorite member of this ship is Sigma.
Speaker 4: I wonder where he got that from.
Speaker 3: Well that's not nice at all, ship.
Speaker 1: I think it's not nice him being alive.
Speaker 3: Really as well, Sigma, this ship really wants to kill you.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Can Thevena do a perception to see if she can notice like a different port that is not around?
Speaker 1: This is no, you don't even do a perception right in the open sea at the moment you're in the super series, there's no ports around. Captain Rick Plan, you have just heard a vena's suggestion.
Speaker 5: I believe that's a phenomenal suggestion. Unfortunately it does the puzzle. That's uh. The puzzling I was right now is getting past this kind of naval battle pocket A quick word, the pocket. I have to ask, and I'm going to be direct with this, did you imbue your hatred for Sigma into the ship, Captain?
Speaker 1: I know it just seemed to do that by itself. I think I think I imbued it with cobbed sense. That was the problem.
Speaker 5: I see and ship. Hello there, you just said that you really like sailing directly forward? Is that true?
Speaker 1: I was desired to sail. I was a desire to turn.
Speaker 5: You've also been alive in a sense for roughly three minutes. How do you know?
Speaker 1: Oh, don't give you these sort of questions.
Speaker 3: Can I I'm thinking.
Speaker 1: He's fine, all right, emotion I'm thinking.
Speaker 6: How to steer this ship, like where the mast is not the mast? Well, that's the point, like, no, no, no, you guys, this works. You guys know how to see.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, Crag oh, Crag Sigma is currently at the controls all right. If Crag wanted to use them, I just.
Speaker 6: Think it might be a smart idea to stop or change direction despite what the ship might be saying.
Speaker 4: You know, I believe that we can steer clear of them for now, just steer Mason wide around them, and hopefully it shouldn't become an issue for us.
Speaker 5: I believe that's a phenomenal idea. Are you able to steer the ship into the bit of ocean where the battle isn't I definitely can.
Speaker 1: Definitely.
Speaker 4: Let's give that a go. Sh it's got to be a yes, you made it, y. This is me turning the wheel steering outside.
Speaker 1: Right, so the yeah, the ship goes oh fuck.
Speaker 2: And.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I want to keep it on our original heading. I just want to take a wide b y, you just throw around. Yeah, so you are sailing around, we should probably monitor what's happening in the battle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll keep an eye out on that with my starting.
Speaker 1: So obviously the sailing will take a while and D and D combat takes seconds. So yes, as you're sailing around, you'll notice that the tal and the dumpling creature are being very much overpowered as the as wreck. The brother of Rock and Rock, as you sort of concluded, pulls out a giant rifle that is firing meat at him, and the meat is hitting him, and I think, you know, after a couple of minutes, you.
Speaker 4: See, well, well so we're seeing, we're seeing that he's becoming overwhelmed, right, oh, very much. So then I do think maybe I would make one I would make one more suggestion to the captain, which is captain this pal on the back of the midball monster. There is no need more dumpling.
Speaker 5: Yeah, with those shots.
Speaker 4: So yes, yes, he seems to be one of the Soupsy sanctums.
Speaker 5: People are the people that we want to be on our side right now.
Speaker 4: If we could save them, then perhaps it would ingratiate us with a what's a name?
Speaker 1: So, Sierra Sierra, Sierra Sigma.
Speaker 5: I think I'm picking up what you're putting down crew. I believe I've had a plan. If we could save that tar, I believe it would ingratiate us with ring what's her name again? Sierra Sierra. I believe that might be the right thing to do, right ship. What kind of weapons do you have on you?
Speaker 1: Did you put any weapons into this thing? Sigma? I don't think you did, no, I, he says, I have a strong personality.
Speaker 5: It's a good idea. I'd like to shout over to the massive crew each other that's currently attacking.
Speaker 1: I don't think you're I don't think you're within hearing view.
Speaker 4: I can probably yell loud enough.
Speaker 1: I might actually be able to It's not it's not hearing view. What the fuck is it? You're yeah? Yeah, I mean you could, okay, rick plan give it your best shout?
Speaker 5: Do you want me to shout now in real life or do you. I'm going to say what I would say to roll out the microphone. I can turn the game on this microphone.
Speaker 1: I just wanted to see how loud you could get.
Speaker 5: I mean, I can just move closer to the microphone. That can work pretty easily.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, okay, So a tentical.
Speaker 5: Monster has it got ears?
Speaker 4: There is there's a ashcar on the back of it, riding it.
Speaker 1: All on the back of it, A towel on the back of it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, a tiel on the back of it.
Speaker 4: Which which one are you trying to communicate with?
Speaker 1: The communicating with one? So the one the ash car is on the ship?
Speaker 5: On the ship, okay, because if the ship has got a strong personality, it's my plan to pitch the ship against the thing.
Speaker 1: Okay, makes sense, I don't it does well? Does it to me?
Speaker 3: Does to me?
Speaker 1: Shout your thing and we'll see.
Speaker 5: I would allow to shout you there, Flick, brother of flak, whatever you are.
Speaker 1: You know what, give me a charisma role that's like force of voice, because you are a barred and I think you would be able to like amplify your voice beyond that human means.
Speaker 5: Just to grab onto some kind of rigging, lean over the edge of the boat and just yell as loud as I can to see if we can get them to penetotion with sort of echo ocean.
Speaker 6: You don't have thomaturgy, do you, Because now I'm really useful right now, I'm never going to give myself a lock I'm going to use a lock point on this to allow myself to roll with advantage.
Speaker 1: Okay, go ahead, give me that force of charisma.
Speaker 4: A good thing, you did that, Okay.
Speaker 1: So okay, your voice echoes off the sea. It's kind of like a fuse ro dar a little bit in terms of its power, right, and I think it deafens all of you guys for a moment, like a flashbang, but for your ears especially. Yeah yeah, crumbs like cow fuck.
Speaker 5: I would like to shout out to him, you riding the giant creature. The ancient lore of the sea demands that you hover low and talk to us.
Speaker 1: Okay, the one riding the creature is the super sea sanctum guy.
Speaker 5: Who's the one who's the bad guy.
Speaker 1: The bad guy ship. Yeah, that's on the boat. Okay, the oceanaddle over.
Speaker 2: Here, all right?
Speaker 1: They both notice you and stop fighting for a second. And turn round, and then you hear one of them go, oh, why is that huh you cannot hear them?
Speaker 4: Oh I have, I have, I have advantage on perception.
Speaker 3: Oh you're hearing yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: Twenty one.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you thank god Sigma's here.
Speaker 1: Your liking ears perk up, and you hear still quite briefly, briefly, quietly, a voice go, oh, what do you want? But it's still quiet on the wind. You just hear that sort of whisper captain.
Speaker 4: I think they're asking what we want.
Speaker 5: We would like to gain access to the soup sea sanctum.
Speaker 1: Me too. That's why I'm fighting. Help me fight this guy. We can invade it together. And then you hear another voice say, no, help me, I'm dying.
Speaker 7: They're both kind of pleading their cases to us. I'm not really does the talent not have the mind power? Not the mind power?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 7: I thought? They could speak telepathically.
Speaker 3: Oh that's sick, that's really cool. I wish I could do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to state just for like, I feel like Navena is obviously saying this because she doesn't know, but for anyone too obviously can't speak telepathically. It was just that one that you guys it was. It was because of the shod that crag ate speaking to the shod, the yeah, tow don't innately have that, and this one definitely doesn't.
Speaker 4: The captain, they're both pitching their cases. The Ashcar wants to wants our help in killing this guy and invading the soups. He sank them, and then this guy wants our help repelling the attack, and then presumably.
Speaker 5: Wait, are we going to be fighting my people? No, not not at all. I think your people are pretty good at part from the two that we've killed.
Speaker 1: And that yeah taw good in the situation.
Speaker 6: All right, Yeah I could rock with that. Yeah, that's cool, rock with it. That's a ashcar. It's an obscar and slang kind of thing there right there.
Speaker 7: I simply wordy or hull integrity? How do we get? How do we fight on sea?
Speaker 6: Don't worry about it. This ship's hull is super integral, right ship.
Speaker 1: You just smack the whole of the ship to test.
Speaker 3: It's it's sturdyess.
Speaker 1: I'm an old ship sort of in poul.
Speaker 3: You were just built.
Speaker 1: You're super fresh, but no like, but I was made out of old shitty parts so I feel old. If a baby was bored in an old man's body, he'd still be an old man.
Speaker 4: They never thought about, like a minute, are you steering the ship towards the fight?
Speaker 1: But all I need to do is go straight and you made me turn twice.
Speaker 3: All right, you can do this. I believe in you.
Speaker 7: I believe you're about to ask me that if I fight on water? No, yes, it is boiling.
Speaker 4: This is soup.
Speaker 1: It's soup.
Speaker 7: This is soup.
Speaker 6: It's Can I attempt some kind of like this, this is some kind of persuasion role for the ship to kind of give it like motivation to like get moving.
Speaker 1: It's easy, listen, it doesn't need it's doing it because he's it's just complaining about it.
Speaker 6: But make it again. I want I want to take away the complaining part. Oh you want to make it feel better?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes, I mean what do you say to make it feel better?
Speaker 3: Listen?
Speaker 4: Ship?
Speaker 6: You might say you're made of old parts, but you you're a great warrior. You got a second chance at life, and I know that you can win this battle.
Speaker 3: You this is your hourpose in life.
Speaker 4: Well I didn't the.
Speaker 1: Guy who was fighting.
Speaker 6: I've just now you are now soldier drafted into the first Army of Obscar, and let's go.
Speaker 1: You've made things worse. He was complaining about turning now you now you've given him more things to complain about.
Speaker 5: I'm to give it a go as well. That you know what, that's a good idea. I think I can get involved in this. That I've spent many of my years aboard spaceships going fast in straight lines, and the only difference between that experience and this experience is the amount of soup currently involved. But I believe that you, like all of the ships I've been on before, can go very fast in a straight line toward that thing this is in the.
Speaker 1: This is a lot of effort, I do want to state, but before your persuasion, this is a lot of effort to convince something to do something it's already doing.
Speaker 5: But give me, because I think we can use the momentum that we're about to build up to help with an attack motivated captain, give me if you're going to I'm going to persuade this ship to go really.
Speaker 3: Fast twelve I mean better than average.
Speaker 5: It's not the most persuasive thing I've ever.
Speaker 1: Said, I do think. I mean Craig has just informed it it's going into war.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So imagine, okay, POV, you've just been born, yes, and you you are forced into war immediately, you are draft.
Speaker 4: You're an old man. You've come and you're only everything.
Speaker 1: That's imagine crawling out of the womb, an old man being drafted into war.
Speaker 4: The Benjamin Button.
Speaker 1: Basically, that's a hellscape scenario. That's what this ship is going through.
Speaker 6: Right, pretty bad, but hey, it's gonna have to fuck it deal. I don't know what else to tell us, right, yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, he is both a child soldier and also like a senior citizen at the same time, a.
Speaker 6: Veteran that's been like a hundred year old World War II veteran that's just been told you have to go back into war.
Speaker 1: The wall's not over. Yeah, World War three time ago. Come on, it's like I'm a veteran. Do I get the discount? You're not a veteran anymore.
Speaker 5: Okay, let's let's go board the Veteran Baby and go straight ahead towards the fight.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's such a good name for a ship as well, The Veteran Baby. You guys are heading towards the fight.
Speaker 3: Now restage. Let me know when when we're in throwing range.
Speaker 1: Okay, you are now within throwing range.
Speaker 4: All right, what is throwable around me?
Speaker 1: Pocket? Men Vena?
Speaker 6: All right, Nevina, let's go okay, So all right, Navina, are you okay with that?
Speaker 3: Or do you want to get like you want?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 4: Yes? So like you asked, you asked, what is throwable that was not to be thrown? We could double checked use Novena like Crag holds his arms up up and wide like this. Navena grabs on to either side and we use her like a big sla. Yeah. I was gonna say, the better idea would be.
Speaker 6: To use That's fine, listen, it's just a fling pocket the explosives expert onto the ship. I'm a little self conscious right now because the last time I've tried the throwing strategy it failed miserably and I accidentally killed a few people. One of them may have been a terrorist, but that's whatever, you know. I just want to do this again. I want to successfully throw somebody onto things without them dying in the process.
Speaker 3: I could do this, you gotta trust I.
Speaker 7: Think I think it would be You'd get more propulsion, and it would be an easier time if we sling shot at them.
Speaker 3: Via All right, let's do let's do that. We could do that. Yeah, all right, Pocket.
Speaker 1: What I heard all that conversation.
Speaker 7: I think we are going to throw you into the ship.
Speaker 1: Um he looks out at himself.
Speaker 7: And you can. You can blow it up from the inside.
Speaker 6: Don't worry, Pocket, I'll be the one that's going to initiate this with the Vina slingshot.
Speaker 1: I will say that now that your ship has gone round, instead of it being ship and dumpling like side by side, it is now the dumpling is closer to you and the ship is further away, so you would be going over dumpling. So if you miss land for land on dumpling, all right, okay, Pocket, can be okay, how big basic geometry? It's as big as the room I'm currently in. But you don't you don't.
Speaker 4: You don't see that big. You don't have small.
Speaker 1: It's okay, it's bigger, then it's it's the size. It's it's like I would say, it's it's imagine two cars stacked on top of each other.
Speaker 4: I generally thought this thing was like the size of a building.
Speaker 1: No, it's not that big. Holy shit, No no, no, it's like it's two cars stacked on top of each other, maybe four cars. It's four cars.
Speaker 3: In a queue.
Speaker 1: Should or rain drover. That's not ye by ten, it's like fifteen by fifteen.
Speaker 3: Fifteen by fifteen meters or feet.
Speaker 1: Twenty feet twenty by twenty. It's that he's getting bigger yea.
Speaker 5: Just to get this correct, chaps, we're going to use crag your strength to employ Novena and her flexible stretching body as a slingshot launch pocket at the aerial enemy.
Speaker 4: Right, the ship, the ship, actually the ship I just started.
Speaker 1: Imagine that it's flying.
Speaker 5: Now, do you do you feel brave enough to do that? Because I'm sure if you are, Sigma definitely is.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I'm doing it. It's not syrup, so you won't die if you land in the soup.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah. And it's tasty as well. Yeah, so you'll be probably fine. It's just like you'll be okay, all right, let's load it up. Come on, right, hold on, let me let me get my bombs ready.
Speaker 8: All right, all right, your hands now, he's he's going to strap a bomb to his hand like like and he's going to point to foils.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh, he's just a missile.
Speaker 1: He's a missile. You are shooting a missile.
Speaker 4: Okay, Crag Nevina aim for rereck.
Speaker 1: You do this, and if it doesn't kill him, we would do initiative because he has a bit wounded.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 6: I have an idea rustage actually to make this even more likely. Navena is the sling shot. I'm the one pulling it, tot and releasing it. Could Sigma or Rick be the ones to like like kind of like target for me, Like, all right, raise it up a little bit more, Crag, move it over a little bit.
Speaker 4: It's like a full team effort.
Speaker 6: Wor all yeah, yeah, like I'm at like I'm at the I'm at the I'm playing the crane machine and marks on the side, like little bit of the left, a little bit to the right.
Speaker 1: Give me, give me advantage. Athletics.
Speaker 5: I would like to provide Bardic inspiration.
Speaker 1: And you have Bartic inspirations. You get D eight.
Speaker 3: So here we go. All right, pocket, let's go.
Speaker 4: Do I have to roll for stretch?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Stretch? I think you can just do that.
Speaker 1: Listen, we haven't got to that part of the story yet in due time. Okay, So you povena back like I guess like stretch armstrongnvena because obviously the stretcher comes from take your legs will get shorter, you know, because you're sort of recon can redistributing the the your body to other parts of your body. Pockets there, and he's ready. He lights the I'm gonna say it's like an old fashioned dynamite stick, even though we're in forty he's he's an old fashion dynamite stick. And you launch him in the sky. He sails over this man a second, he sails over the dumpling. You see the towel, look up and go what the fuck? And then you see perfect stand thing there, his two meat men to his side, and Pocket collides with him. It's gonna do eighty six damage plus se fun packing damage as well.
Speaker 4: Whoa, now, is Pocket gonna taken a damage from that? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Pocket will be taking the eighty six damage as well.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Pocket will be knocked unconscious.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, okay, he will.
Speaker 4: Brave warrior, brave warrior.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay. And then also I'm gonna say, like an additional like two D ten damage just from like the impact. God bless me.
Speaker 6: Pocket six damish.
Speaker 4: Oh the pocket pocket rocket.
Speaker 1: He slams into this asscar who looks down and goes what the fuck and explodes the meat men no matter what they get on their saving throw, they all exploder and you know they're like four or five of them, all of them just explode into meat around like it's just splattering the ship with meaty remains falling to the soup sea, making it tastier wreck. Brother of Rac, brother of Rock. He will make a saving throw. He still still gets to make a deck safe. Well, yeah, because he does see you know, he gets an opportunity.
Speaker 6: No, no, the pocket rocket is you could see that coming a mile away. Yeah, yeah, that's the old strategy. That's the oldest trick in the book. Honestly, he could dug.
Speaker 1: This will hopefully otherwise he won't die, but he will be on single digit If he fails this, he's dead. If you know, if he fails this, he'll be on single digit HP. If he succeeds it, he'll be relatively fine. Taking the twenty damage whatever, that's just making impacts of it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, this is beautiful. I knew throwing things, throwing our crewmates. Was the right round? Oh yeah, the right moves. Yeah, it's always the right man.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's get this stick save. Oh god, he's not even good at that. Okay, Wow, he fails. So he takes forty six points of damage. Everybody around him explodes. He falls down to one knee. I won't I don't think I need to roll initiative here because I think the tiel on the back of him is will now probably just make his final attack, and if he hits with this, it's over. He does a light beam, which is just forty six even with a successful save. So the towel on the back puts his hands together, the glowing yellow rings on his body light up, and he fires this radiant beam towards wreck, brother of Rac, brother of Rock, and he just evaporates and dies.
Speaker 3: Well there you go.
Speaker 1: Olly Pocket falls unconscious on the ship and he is doing death saves unless somebody helps.
Speaker 3: Oh oh wait, now he's on the ship and we're not.
Speaker 4: Oh so, speaking of our ship, I will be bringing our ship in slowly. I will be slowing it down. As soon as Pocket was launched. I'm slowing the ship down so that we come in next to the tall and presumably next to the other ship.
Speaker 1: Okay, so as you were doing so, because that obviously takes time. Solace, who is the name of the town on the back? I keep actually saying characters names, but he he as you're going up, he's going to say thank you for the assist. My friends, my name is Solace. Would you like me to help him? And he points over it pocket, I.
Speaker 4: Don't have to worry about it is fine.
Speaker 1: Those he's one of those expendable skivets like no.
Speaker 7: Should help him. Help him please.
Speaker 5: As much as you don't like him, I think we made him alive because we might need to do that move again. That was a remark.
Speaker 4: I'm definitely writing that one down.
Speaker 3: Boss. That's good move, Crack, that's yours, Crag.
Speaker 5: You can add it into the annals of your your racist history that you have invented the pocket a rocket.
Speaker 3: I will, I will take great pride in that.
Speaker 4: Boss.
Speaker 5: Just just make it first ever ashcart to engage in artillery warfare.
Speaker 4: I don't know what artillery is, but we all work together on this one.
Speaker 1: The ashcar are plenty advanced. It's just crag. It's just crag.
Speaker 6: Look, nobody goes into war with a with a battle axe and and just like a rusty sword. Anymore, everybody's fighting with artillery and your fancy pants fighter jets and ship.
Speaker 1: This ascar had a gun that shot meat. He had a meat gun.
Speaker 6: Personally, I disagree with this new modern warfare. You know, you gotta go back to the basics to have real warfare.
Speaker 7: That's true.
Speaker 3: I there thread too, Yeah, Nivena, you know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 6: Yeah, nobody uses pikes anymore, right, Like, yeah.
Speaker 1: Solas is gonna jump off his sea dumpling onto the ship of the the now abandoned ship and place his hands over Pocket and heal him because he is a mercy towel he can do that. And Pocket sort of reopens his eyes and he's like, hey, he looks down.
Speaker 4: My other had.
Speaker 1: A small left, Yeah he does. He has six.
Speaker 4: So we're down. Oh God, by the end of the day.
Speaker 1: I was going to say the art for Pocket had him hiding a hand, so I always found that quite amusing. But now there's no excuses. We're whindling this down.
Speaker 6: He's gonna have no hands by the end of the cape.
Speaker 1: Okay, So as Solace goes, don't worry my child you're at peace now. And at this point your ship comes by and he turns round to you guys again, he says, thank you so much for helping me. Who are you?
Speaker 7: We are from the Kang the Kaiser Kingdom.
Speaker 1: We can When you say that, he immediately gets back on guard again, like he puts up his hands sort of.
Speaker 3: Like, don't worry about no.
Speaker 7: Kaiser is dead.
Speaker 1: Kaiser is dead.
Speaker 3: Kaiser is dead.
Speaker 7: The new monarch is Mazzipan. She has sent us in order to initiate truces, cruces things.
Speaker 5: We're just giving a thumb suck.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to be reassuring, you know.
Speaker 7: Yea, we believe that rac is the ring leader to all of this war. One would like to stop that.
Speaker 1: That's what we believe as well. Well, okay, well, I trust you. You haven't killed me yet, and you definitely could. He looks down at pocket. So I believe you. But do you have to talk to Sierra the Grand Chief.
Speaker 4: We seek an audiance with her where we're on our worry to go there.
Speaker 1: I will lead you. Then he picks up pockets and says, this is yours. I believe.
Speaker 4: I'll take pocket crag, this is my money. You.
Speaker 3: Okay, little buddy, I lost another.
Speaker 4: Had already got four more. You should be all right.
Speaker 3: This is what I've sacrificed for you.
Speaker 5: Remember that.
Speaker 3: I think we're even now, Pocket.
Speaker 6: I think after the whole piece incident, we can all be We're on the same page.
Speaker 3: Now, we're all right.
Speaker 4: I know they weren't magic peas.
Speaker 1: You just did know how to use them correctly. You've got to say the magic word. Did you try to say the magic word?
Speaker 3: Pocket? Don't make this more difficult than it has to be.
Speaker 1: Listen, you can't blame me if you don't know how to use the project. Do you even have a receipt? Can't do refunds without a receipt? Take him, kill him?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no.
Speaker 4: I will hold Pocket like holds like a baby pocket.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's wounded.
Speaker 4: He's just like I was. I was thinking, just like slung underneath you. Your arm.
Speaker 3: Is he losing hands or his arm is like his entire arm?
Speaker 1: No, he's just hands. He's like three ft.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, he's tiny.
Speaker 1: Because he's a skippet. That's tiny.
Speaker 3: Okay, what's the tallest skippet in the world?
Speaker 1: Probably foot, but like he's big.
Speaker 3: Five foot that's like my height.
Speaker 1: Okay, god, yeah, yeah, pocket is half your height, so yeah, sorry. Solist goes, all right, then I assume you're taking your own vessel. You won't all fit on on straight. The Dumpling, Oh, we can just follow you. Okay.
Speaker 5: Rick has been zoning out for a minute and would like to kind of zoom back in and go. So we're all agreeing on calling it the Veteran Baby.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, the ship did already have a name last session, it did.
Speaker 1: I didn't can't remember what you called it, remember what it.
Speaker 4: Was, but yeah, I remember.
Speaker 5: Friendship, friendship, baby friendship. Actually, oh, bog in your.
Speaker 1: Back, Yes, I have have been wounded. Captain.
Speaker 5: I can see we can do that at the most four more times, so we'll save that in the band for when we really need it.
Speaker 4: Maybe five, but I don't think we'll get to six.
Speaker 1: Okay, you were asking if Solace what the name of the Dumpling was. Yeah, oh, I didn't have a name. Why did I bring that up again? He looks down and he goes, oh, oh, everything in my I'm just coming up with Chinese names over and over my head, and I can't do that.
Speaker 5: I was very long name for a ship. As long as you've named it, that's totally.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 5: We will board the Veteran Baby Friendship and you will sail the I'm just coming up with Chinese names in my head. Run over again, and we will make our way to the Soup Sea.
Speaker 6: I was just getting wrong with the Panda Express.
Speaker 1: The Express is good. No, I was gonna, yeah, it's killed Josh Express, Dumpling, I don't know. It's called the dim Moor as opposed to them, the Dim a Lot as opposed to the Dim sum. Okay, he gets on the back of dim more the Panda Express. No, he wouldn't. He wouldn't. No, the Panda Express doesn't make any sense in law for this character. I'm so sorry. Yeah, I'm so sorry. It's just I have to say.
Speaker 3: There are no I have drawn.
Speaker 4: I understand. I feel it is the other ship sinking from the explosion. Was it substantially damaged?
Speaker 1: Yeah, there it goes. Yeah, and you can hear it screaming as well, because all ships are sentience, and it's like pain. Oh they feel pain, of course they do. It gives them more motivation to perform better at fights. So everything that's a vessel is alive. Well, they have personalities. So the ship is sinking, but it goes. Oh I wanted to do was turn and battle. At least I died doing what I love to see it.
Speaker 4: Well, hey, it died doing what it loved. Okay, you see, veteran, baby, you could learn a few things.
Speaker 1: It's dying. You want me to learn from somebody that died. That's the worst. That's the worst advice anybody has ever given.
Speaker 6: All of my people the ashcar learn from others that have died.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, that's stupid. You clearly load for the ones that have survived, because they survived. Anyway, Where in which direction are we going now? And it's just a straight line from here and your ship goes.
Speaker 7: Yes, I thought he was gonna start sllloving I might do that.
Speaker 1: You have. I will say that, Sigma, your your horse that you are still on. I assume I'm not the horses on the ship. I'm not riding the horse. I thought you were riding him all times. Now, No, so you guys are now saying we're steering the ship. You're now sailing towards soup Sea Sanctum. The horse will turn to you, Sigma and go, are we going to stay in the water forever. I feel useless here. I love to gallop by gallop, I mean kind of hover, very false.
Speaker 4: Yes, no, we'll We'll be back on dry lane at some point soon. I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Sigma. I mean, my leege, my lord Hi, just no, your majesty.
Speaker 3: I don't was he always this regal?
Speaker 1: He's a knight's horse, my liege.
Speaker 3: Oh beautiful?
Speaker 4: And what should they call you?
Speaker 1: Whatever you want? I have, but you have not been given a name. I was horse for before horse you can, you can whatever you want?
Speaker 5: Force for good?
Speaker 4: What about the force?
Speaker 1: The great Force? Live up to my ancestry. It looks.
Speaker 3: See he's learning from his ancestors.
Speaker 1: The ship is ignoring you. Okay, you guys, it's still a few hours travel to get to the center, to the actual sup sea sector. So what do you guys want to do on journey? If you want to talk to solid at all, if you want to just talk to each other, I'll patch.
Speaker 6: Up Pocket as a short Yeah, I mean, yeah, you didn't have a fight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we kind of avoided that, thanks Pocket.
Speaker 1: From Actually, as you're patching up Pocket, it's going to approach you. Nona and twenty two is crazy. It's going to approach you, Navena and say, hey, I didn't know you could stretch like that. I haven't really properly.
Speaker 5: Because you're dark.
Speaker 1: This is cru crumb, crumb. I didn't know it stands like that.
Speaker 7: Yes, it's you know, the semi latinousness of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I knew you could sort of reform your hands, but I didn't know it could go to that far and have a sort of level of electicity to it. It's incredible.
Speaker 4: Do you well?
Speaker 7: To be honest, neither did I.
Speaker 1: That without knowing it? Did it hurt?
Speaker 7: I know it. I knew it would sort of work, but yes, it you know it worked better than better than I imagined it would.
Speaker 1: Did you did?
Speaker 7: Did it?
Speaker 1: Are you okay?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 7: Yes, no, I'm facing It rarely hurts as long as I move, you know, all the parts of me that need to be moved.
Speaker 1: Right, I am I able to make a note? I think I could. This has inspired my food science because I you know, you could do so much with jelly. Right. Oh, I'm so usedful my job. Here's a bory thing about getting into a job doing something you love. Is you love doing food science, But they only make Q do burger related stuff because I worked for Globo bites. It's like if you were a musician and you're only supposed to do corporate jingles. It's like, ah, so soul crushing. But I could I could make my own jelly based weaponry using you as a basis. That way, we don't need to stretch you and sling shot. We could just create a pocket slingshot out of jelly and as well.
Speaker 7: Do you need to take parts of me?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: No, no no no no no. But I might need diagrams. I might need to I might need to stretch you around of it. Yes, of Are you okay with me stretching you out?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Alright, alright, alright, all right?
Speaker 7: A word?
Speaker 4: This is like the HR manager, like, can I have a word please?
Speaker 6: There is some comments you made earlier today.
Speaker 5: Ship doesn't really have a private corner, which Sigma couldn't really build one. But unfortunately for you, what you're saying, it's the command center and then just empty space. What I you understand is that the ship can hear everything you're saying. And the longer you talk, the more I think the ship might just kill itself. And we're on the ship, which means this might become our problem. Crumb. I need you to understand that there are certain things that you do and don't say to people, and what you've done, you you've mastered the things that you don't say nderstand spectacular.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I don't understand.
Speaker 5: It's okay. Come. You cannot simply walk up to anyone and ask can I stretch you out? There's a process. You've got to take her to dinner first. As a food scientist, I thought you would have at least known that.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I yeah, you, I didn't know it was a common thing to stretch people out, and.
Speaker 5: Not not unless the dinner has been provided first.
Speaker 1: Everything.
Speaker 5: Okay, no, Crumb, It's it's more of a general interspecies thing.
Speaker 1: Species.
Speaker 4: What is going on over there?
Speaker 5: Sigma? Crumb, look look at Sigma.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm looking at it.
Speaker 4: Is he sensible?
Speaker 5: No, that's not the question we're going to be asking, Crumb. What I'd like you to do is I'd like you to look at Sigma. Then I'd like you to imagine yourself and I'd like to understand this. If Sigma, which makes us sad too. If if Sigma were to do something, you do it before you do anything, I'd like to ask yourself the simple question, would Sigma do This? Answer is no, don't do it?
Speaker 1: Okay, so I understand. I'll keep it in mind. I thank you.
Speaker 5: Excellent.
Speaker 1: He wants Sigma? Would you stretch out? Neveda? Who see cragged it?
Speaker 6: This is not the place for such discussion, Honey, what to the deck where crag is?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 6: Well, time to do my stretches after.
Speaker 5: Sigma. Is there any chance that you may have built a brig into this small ship? No, I'm sorry, that's okay. We all make mistakes. Crumby. How valuable do you think soup is in your discovery of food science?
Speaker 1: Oh? It's pretty valuable. I mean, you could do so much with soup. It's just exce liquid.
Speaker 5: So do you think maybe you should spend some time, potentially a great deal of time looking at the soup over the side of the ship.
Speaker 1: Very good point, saying I did seem to enjoy it. Maybe I should take a sample. I can't, you know, I can't obviously drink it myself. But okay, all right, captain, I mean sorry, I'm not okay.
Speaker 5: That's understandable. Just go and stare at the soup.
Speaker 1: For a while. I'm gonna go stay at the soup. Sorry to Vena. We have to no crab Crumb.
Speaker 5: There's no more no more words than either crumb, just soup.
Speaker 1: Okay, right, he's gonna go say something.
Speaker 4: Wrong, Navina.
Speaker 5: I want you to understand that if we shoot pockets four more times, we will then have to use Crumb for the same plan.
Speaker 7: Cub has two hands, so thanks.
Speaker 5: Don't be good to use him twice.
Speaker 4: Crag, Yes, what's up?
Speaker 1: Genuinely mad at Crumb that he does not understand?
Speaker 6: Are just doing my crag aesthetics?
Speaker 4: Just just kidding crag aesthetics. That's really good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I sided the chat, thank you.
Speaker 4: Okay, what's up, boss? How you doing? Was anyone talking to Solace?
Speaker 1: Yeah? This whole conversation, he's he's sitting on the at least like okay, well he's just I don't know. He's listening to music on his on his Space pods, which he has.
Speaker 5: M yeah, kind of international symbol for takeout your space pods.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, sorry, he puts it in his space podcase and puts it on his clothes somewhere. What is it? But what was your name? Sorry?
Speaker 5: I'm Rick Plan captain from the Union of Man. This is Sigma.
Speaker 1: When you say Rick, he sort of freezes up for a second. He says, Rick, are you another brother of reck racket Rock.
Speaker 5: I don't know, could be, could be? Could be?
Speaker 1: Well, I hope not.
Speaker 5: I hope not too But I don't really know too much about my parents, so I guess we'll find out.
Speaker 1: Okay, well that will be all.
Speaker 5: My parents were Ashkar, Well, no, my mother may have been Ashcar. My father may have been a brave man.
Speaker 6: No, that'd be tricky because Ashcar they don't reproduce what we don't have dicks, so they.
Speaker 1: Take out their cause and they mix the course together and plump.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you would have definitely known if your mom had a core inside of her chest that she took out to give to your father.
Speaker 5: I miss who I was an hour ago.
Speaker 6: Wait a minute, boss, I need to ask you this question just because I am curious. Now, do you have a heated core in your chest right now? Purely from emotion? Yes, but not physically. I'll practice all right, then, your your parents are probably not Ashcar. We will remove that from the possibility.
Speaker 5: Excellent you tom So Solace is my name?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 5: We're on that way to the super se Sanctum. Yes, what's your business there?
Speaker 1: I am the head soo chef of the Grand Chef's five star that was.
Speaker 4: At the end of the at the end period.
Speaker 1: Her five star country.
Speaker 9: I guess like I thought that was just an express star five stars.
Speaker 5: Okay, and are you able to get us an audience with whoever's in charge, because we kind of need the key with the machine.
Speaker 1: Yes, a heads chef. I've been you want to deal with the machine.
Speaker 5: So it's part of the plan, yes, right, well.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, yeah, I'm not the person to talk to you about this, I should. I shan't give my opinions on matters that are for others, but personally, I would love for you to get rid of the the key one two why he looks dejectedly into the soup sea. But we'll we'll see. It's the other worlds out of the problem.
Speaker 5: No, don't worry about them. I think we'll find a way to deal with them. Especially what we've discoted, we can just do.
Speaker 6: Okay, even if we don't get all the keys, I can always try throwing something at the machine.
Speaker 4: It might work. I don't know.
Speaker 1: No, don't destroy the machine. That means it will be if the machine is destroyed, everyone's levels will get reduced to zero immediately, meaning that everyone on this planet will die.
Speaker 6: Well wait a minute, Wait a minute, So you won't be able to eat anything? No, all right, but what if the machine is destroyed? What's enforcing that authority at that point?
Speaker 1: It's a it's a last minute protocol that sends out.
Speaker 6: The machine is completely destroyed, then there's nothing left to send out that product.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, the machine is Listen, the machine is controlling that. It's science stuff that I don't fully understand.
Speaker 3: I went to college, so I have a shot at understanding this.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, So, to put it simply, there is something in the atmosphere of the planet, like nanotechnology that is preventing you that. That's like what's covering your mouth and stopping you from eating food. The machine simply dictates what that does. It controls it in the atmosphere. That's impossible. But if you if you deactivate the machine, it will stop doing that. But if you destroy the machine, it will get them. Don't do that.
Speaker 4: It's just sorting them out the earth.
Speaker 1: It will it will, it will do its fail safe code reduce it to zero and and that will be the setting all the nanobots are on, and then it will be destroyed and nobody could do anything about it. Do you understand?
Speaker 9: I understand now, But it's sci fi shit. Listen, this isn't science fiction. This is science reality.
Speaker 1: Get to it, like just like it makes sense to you? Could well, how.
Speaker 5: How for reasons that may be relevant? This nano technology revelation truly is quite surprising. How densely packed are these nanobots?
Speaker 4: Laddering?
Speaker 7: Any more?
Speaker 1: Questions about the nanobots?
Speaker 5: If everyone on the planet were to collectively attempt to eat something, are there enough nanobots to prevent that from happening?
Speaker 3: Yes, definitely crushing.
Speaker 6: I think I'm wiping out millions of them right now, boss, I think I got them.
Speaker 1: They are microscopic and they reproduce quickly too. Well that way wait wait, wait, they can reproduce one, so if you destroy them, there'll be more. It's just you know, we all agree to it anyway.
Speaker 3: Way, What about a planet y E MP or something like that that.
Speaker 1: Might unfortunately the EMP resistant?
Speaker 4: All right, so you wanted an E E M P All right?
Speaker 1: This seems like an incredibly powerful bioweapon. It is incredibly powerful, but it's the only.
Speaker 3: Making people not being able to eat food.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's sort of the basis of what gastrovia is built upon. We still don't know who invented it. A great scientist from many years ago, back on the you know, beginnings of this planet. Anyway, Look, we're approaching the soup si segum.
Speaker 3: Well that was a good.
Speaker 6: Okay we had We had like a few hours to kill you said, so, like, you know, that was the conversation we had.
Speaker 3: It makes sense.
Speaker 5: What is man materially?
Speaker 1: He's going to say a material that you don't recognize. Okay, rising from the sea, now right, that's okay, it's soup seat time. Everyone, lock in soup sea time. Okay. Rising from the sea are vast translucent bubble domes, each one shimmering in the sun. Inside them, entire districts float gardens of glowing aquatic plants, building suspended above the broth, winding walkways that curve along in the glass like veins in a living organism. At the center of it all glides the Soup Sea Sanctum itself, which is a grand floating monastery anchored between the largest domes. Its architecture is smooth and flowing, shaped like a crescent shell resting upon the water. Steam rises in gentle spirals from its terrace.
Speaker 3: Well, there's terraces. This place is beautiful.
Speaker 1: Yeah that Solace leads you now on the back of his dumpling monster into the city sort of between some of these domes. You're like looking at them. You see bridges of hardened broth crystal? Is that a thing connect thee perfect connect the sanctum to the surrounding bubble districts? I like I imagined like hardered soup.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's liquid.
Speaker 7: It's just more brown.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's for you. It's it's a little bit like where you're from, but with slight differences because all the bubbles are above above the water as opposed to below it, and there are still some buildings that are outside of the bubbles, including the sanctum itself. And it's brown, and the soup is brown, and yeah it's yeah, it's gross, Okay, And you eventually reach sort of the the entrance to the sanctum itself. Solace gets off of his dumpling and he pats it on the head and he says, and he gives it a kiss and goes see you later, my friend, and it sinks into the water and goes away.
Speaker 3: Ah, very sweet.
Speaker 1: And then you guys can deeplank.
Speaker 4: Alright, alright, we will, we will disembark onto mm hmm. Well where where do we get up? I'm assuming it's not the sanctum itself.
Speaker 1: Well, I know, like he's gone between domes to get to the main senterm. He's got the authority. Yeah, yeah, so it's like dome, dome, domme, don't dome with the sanctum.
Speaker 4: We can disembark into the san So excellent.
Speaker 1: And as you sort of now pass into the building itself, this huge structure, you could see like robed people of all species around. You don't just think because it's led by Vellinari, that all Vellinari. There's a whole bunch all around, and they are all they all seem quite happy. Like I think they probably have the most defense of any of the warlords because of the sea itself. Right, it's quite easy to defend. You need a navy. So these guys are kind of chillin' you see them. They're eating their greens, they're eating their soup, and they're enjoying life together. You pass through the threshold, the outside world fades into muted silence. It's area of the sanctum is vast and fluid in its design. There's no sharp edges, no hardcore like it's it's smooth. Are uncomfortable of this presence? Translucent broth crystals like instead like the breast thing here. The floors shimmer faintly beneath your feet as well. You can almost see the liquid running beneath it, because it's kind of like tensparut floor, and you see it the on top of like a diis that's the right word. Probably. There is a fairnari woman, pale pale, like more pale than than navena pale blue. She's wearing a chef's hat and apron, but like adorned with like a flowing golden and white robe. And she turns around and she sees Solace and goes, ah, Solise, you are back. Who are these? And Solas goes, these are allies? Hopefully they wanted a meeting with you.
Speaker 7: Ah, what good?
Speaker 1: You can never have too many allies. Did you deal with the invaders? Well they did. They They blew him up, They blew him up, well, that is a good start. I shall say, what are your names? Allies?
Speaker 5: I'd like to gather everyone and quickly and be like, what.
Speaker 1: Time. I want to stay on the record. Every time you guys meet a new significant NBC, you you stare at them and then you go all right.
Speaker 3: I just want to make sure, yeah, we'll be with you momentarily.
Speaker 5: What how are we playing this team? Are we playing this with truth? Are we playing it with a little bit of intimidation, a bit of persuasion? Are we going in there with a little bit of How about this time? I'll be Sierra. No, wait, I'll be I'll be Sigma. Sigma could be Navena. Navena could be Rick, and Rick could be Pocket.
Speaker 7: I would love to be Rick for this plan.
Speaker 5: You know what? Okay, let's see who this girl?
Speaker 4: Wait, who's who? I get you? Crack?
Speaker 1: I am yeah, I'm I don't like I am Sigma, son of sen not my father's name.
Speaker 3: I am Crack should son of Kronk.
Speaker 4: He got it right, Yeah, Captain. I believe that Navena can take charge here and we can lead mostly with the truth, and we can be largely honest until we don't need to. We could have a real ally here shut up?
Speaker 1: Oh I's playing bucket?
Speaker 10: Well, oh incredible, jesus, oh ah, man, compose myself?
Speaker 3: Right, well this is the plan now right?
Speaker 1: All right? So Navida has Rick Plan. You can now approach. Hello.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my name is Navena.
Speaker 1: Why does it sound like borash? Navina trying to do an impression of Rick Plan is borat? Apparently this is my crew starts off the stream, be pissed? My yourself ride supposed to be? Okay, okay, uh listen, Oh gosh, holy moly. Right Crumb does feel left out? You didn't give him any character question? Okay, right. Sierra looks at you and says, oh you are Rick Plan? Is that?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: It's It's so nice to make your acquaintance. So where do you hail from?
Speaker 7: Oh? Well, I come from Saint Marinis myself. Rick Plan I believe comes from the Union of Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Oh wait, are you Rick Plan or.
Speaker 7: Sorry?
Speaker 1: I'm confused?
Speaker 7: Well I do you say I'm playing pretend? I'm Ana?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, why why are you praying? Why are you pretending to be Rick Plan? Because Rick Plan told me too, which one is Rick Plan? I am Rick Plan?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Okay, Well sorry. I h oh, god, she like puts herds. This is the shit I had to deal with. The fuck man.
Speaker 7: I let's let us start over. We are here from the Kaiser Kingdom. Oh you're so, you're Kaiser's men.
Speaker 1: I don't like.
Speaker 7: Kainer is dead.
Speaker 1: Oh, Kaiser is dead. Ah, yes, we should lead with that. Queen Mazipan is now the Queen Mazipan is. She's sixteen. I too, it feels a bit.
Speaker 7: Ye young, Well we had to. We had to kill dog Roni Poly because he was planning a coup on the king, to kill the king with the help of rak Ah.
Speaker 1: Well, that makes a lot more sense to me. Rack that.
Speaker 7: Yes, we we do believe he was the one to start the civil war.
Speaker 1: I do believe that too. I believe was the one that killed Carl Senior.
Speaker 7: I am that is what we believed too.
Speaker 1: He's a horrid, horrid man. I saw the footage. She then looks down at your feet.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Sorry, sorry, sorry, that is crazy out of context.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it does make sense.
Speaker 1: She again goes, wait a second, I recognized, Yes, we were there. You were there, then you must have seen well, we saw Carl Senior's head explode. We did not see who did it. He's still probably Rack. I don't know how then, but if you think it's Rack and you were there to witness it, then that's more proof for me. I hate that bastard, that that meat eater, that that fucking meat muncha. Sorry. Oh, she sort of calms down a little bit. He fills me with such rage, rage that I don't usually express.
Speaker 7: But you know what it's like, No, of course, I mean you seeming like a mad cunt.
Speaker 1: What a good callback. At first, I was like to say that that's because Pocket taught you it meant a nice woman in episode one, and she goes, what did you just say to me? I think even even Pocket as Crag is like.
Speaker 7: I believe it is a skippet compliment.
Speaker 1: She puts her hand on your shoulder and says it is not, and you can lie to but that is okay, you look naive if you don't.
Speaker 4: Sorry, sorry? Is this just the way that Valinaris speak is like that insultingly blunt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, blood, you look quite naive at least these two. For sure. He that that does not mean what you think it means, and I would appreciate an apology.
Speaker 7: I don't apologize good good.
Speaker 1: I am Sierra. I didn't formally introduce myself. I assume you already know that I am the five star grand chef of this entire domain. The food that I create is legendary. The way that I can bend plant to my will is incredible, impeccable. I have five star ratings from every single shif that has ever eaten at my restaurants.
Speaker 3: Oh, that is very, as you say, impressive.
Speaker 5: I'd like to walk over quickly Sigma and the Crag. I'm not entirely sure the tactical advantage that we've bought ourselves by doing this, but I have to admit it was a bloody good plan. I think now, however, it might be an idea to actually introduce ourselves to the person that we might need to make an ally, because I don't think they understand what we're doing. However, this is a great plan and we should definitely use it again in the future.
Speaker 4: I'm still not on board, I'll be completely honest.
Speaker 5: That was an excellent impression of Divina.
Speaker 1: We see Area is going to finish their sentence and say so, having this war go on is really bad for business. I'm not an expert at combat. I'm not an expert at fighting. Solace is the head of my sious chefs, which is what I call my army, and his specialty is in healing.
Speaker 5: So if I may address you, what would you say? Your title or role is here, Princess Queen.
Speaker 1: I am the grand Chef of the five Star Domain. My suit is impeccable.
Speaker 4: Storm Bourne.
Speaker 5: You know, it's like a brand chef of the five star Domain. What would be your ideal outcome of the civil war that we all currently find ourselves embroiled within.
Speaker 1: My ideal outcome is Twofold one Rack dies two, peace is restored.
Speaker 5: And what would peace look like to you? Would it be an end of the infighting or would you be in control of everything?
Speaker 1: End of the empty care of peace? Listen, I am not an idiot. I'm sure you have spoken to other leaders, maybe even Kaiser if you killed him. I'm not an idiot. I know that it is hard to control an entire planet. I am satisfied with the Supsi Sanctum and the surrounding territories. I just want to make food. That's why I came here in the first place.
Speaker 5: Okay, Team Model, can we have your key. So far this does seem.
Speaker 1: Like sorrya, where are you going?
Speaker 7: What are you doing?
Speaker 4: I will continue to talk to Sierra. Well, you guys, you're going to destroy so far.
Speaker 5: So far this person definitely seems like the most sane and rational individual we've met.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, will give me the key. They just give us the key, then that we might be able to make this.
Speaker 5: Absolutely it might have been idea to have them in charge. But what I'm also thinking is if we destroy this machine and nobody can eat anything, then they're going to be remarkably unhappy. If they're a five star share for how would anyone know if they can't eat food, not to mention, they'd also die.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you want to deactive at the machine so it doesn't stop anyone to deactor.
Speaker 4: Yeahs yes, If we deactivate the machine and there are no levels to food anymore, everyone in the world will be able to eat her five star cuisine. So surely that's the best possible thing for her.
Speaker 6: Billa giant cloud of nanobots everywhere, which is a little disconcerting.
Speaker 5: I killable, unknowable nanobots swarm one problem at a time. Yeah, sure, glad that's not gonna come up again. Actually, actually, you know what, Spud, that's gonna be your job.
Speaker 4: In the background. God, Spu is here, Spud, he's in the fridge, Spud.
Speaker 6: I want you to be working on this in the background, some way to deal with the nanobots.
Speaker 4: I believe in you.
Speaker 6: You're the chosen one. You are the gorost star. I hope his wife's okay.
Speaker 1: Well, that's the thing is, he's just been in the silence because he's been worrying about how Rak has kidnapped his wife.
Speaker 6: Take all that worriment over your wife being kidnapped and focus it on nanobots.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, Well see her the way I see it.
Speaker 7: We have come here to organize some kind of a truth between uh, the Gaiser Kingdom and the subsequent sanctum, so that there may be more allies against RAG.
Speaker 1: That is that is very no unusual, I say, but kind and and a and a agreement that I see very favorable to my kingdom.
Speaker 7: But I would I would say, also, we probably have Global bites on our site as well.
Speaker 1: Oh an't Globo bites?
Speaker 7: Well, listen, listen.
Speaker 1: I feel sympathetic towards Carl Junior, but Global Bites are a bunch of meat eaters as well. We have synthetic meat now, and they still they create synthetic cows to kill for their synthetic for their burgers. It isn't that stupid? They create life just so that they can kill it again for the make the meat synthetic. Why make a cow out of chemicals when you can make the meat out of chemicalals.
Speaker 7: Well, we actually have one of the glob aboute scientists with us right now, as like.
Speaker 1: A sacrifice to prove your loyalty.
Speaker 5: Yes, we don't bring up we don't bring up the bat that crumb meat monster.
Speaker 7: Crumb, Why don't you explain to Sierra how you can create meat without having to sacrifice it as life?
Speaker 1: Chrum looks up at Sierra and walks off and goes, uh, hello, See he's quite nervous, right, Yes, I am Crumb, famed food scientist of the Globo Bites burgers. You've probably heard of me. I have never heard of you. Okay, so it is.
Speaker 7: The smartest food scientist within a twelve meter radius of his house.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yeah.
Speaker 1: I am I. As the Venais said, I make I can make synthetic meat. Is that what you wanted me?
Speaker 7: To say yes, and you can do it without making them as cows.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, listen, I already told you. I know that they can do it. They just don't do it. They make the choice not do are you saying?
Speaker 5: What Crumb is trying to say is that if you were to aid us and allow us to take an amount of power over the city or over the planet in general, Crumb can ensure that your will of no more suffering does indeed get enacted.
Speaker 1: She stands stunned for a second and goes, wait, you are offering something for me far greater than I originally thought. So not only will you end this war and kill Rack, but also put a ban on animal meat.
Speaker 5: We can definitely consider. But what I think we should probably instead do is look into how we can access the machine that decides what people can and cannot eat. Because consider this, fine star, consider this. No, you are so great, I'm so sorry to cut you off. But if we access that machine, we can make it so people physically cannot eat meat. That's what I was going to say. But the first thing we'll need to do is access get that machine. Right, Well, this is perfect as a test of loyalty. Obviously, if you aid me in fighting Rack. Can we kill him?
Speaker 1: I will? I will. I was going to say, I'll give you the key. I would do better. I will come with you and I can show you where the machine is. I I insist with you.
Speaker 4: That sounds good.
Speaker 7: You want to join her crew, Rick, We don't know where it is, so we do need someone to guide us there.
Speaker 5: H I mean you don't want her with us, because then she'll put whatever she wants into the machine. The idea ultimately to reach the machine and then decide what we think is best to do with it.
Speaker 1: Why are you guys whispering to each other.
Speaker 3: I'm not whispering. I never whisper. By the way, I'll be the one to kill Rock Rack Rack. Yeah, I'll be the one to kill Rack.
Speaker 5: If there's an ash gy, you can kill them. That's fine.
Speaker 3: Yep, thank you so well.
Speaker 7: We'll see what what we were suggesting is for the globobites. Specifically, Crumb can ensure that they no longer make their synthetic cows. So that would be the reason that globobites could be on your.
Speaker 1: Side, Navina. When you say that, Crumb, he doesn't say anything, but he looks really sad. All of a sudden. Ah ah, and.
Speaker 5: I could cast heroism.
Speaker 1: That's not why he's said.
Speaker 5: We can make him less sad for approximately one minute.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because he's scared. Just you say that made him realize something, and that made him sad anyway, So see Sierra goes, well, that's but that's like he can promise that. That's fine. We obviously we have a way of just stopping it completely. It's perfect. There's no easy you agree with me, which you say that you do? We do that, it's perfect. I don't know why we need to do something more complicated than that. Let's it's it's perfect. It's a perfect plan. Right, Well, shall we go to war?
Speaker 3: All right? That sounds good to me. Just don't tell the ship.
Speaker 1: And suppose we should. I have my own vessel, so we do?
Speaker 4: You do you have another vessel that we could use.
Speaker 1: Yes, we will.
Speaker 4: We will ride.
Speaker 1: We will ride war.
Speaker 3: It's like a pacifist or something.
Speaker 1: I'm not a big fan of it either, but I will do it if it achieves my goals.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that makes sense.
Speaker 5: And our goal is just to double check and make sure the role definitely on the same page with this thing.
Speaker 1: Kill Rack the guy kill kill Rack. I could never kill you Rick.
Speaker 5: Then fine, you probably could very easily, to be honest, grag, Well.
Speaker 6: Maybe if you violated the five ashcar laws, but the odds of that are very low.
Speaker 3: So I love.
Speaker 5: So every day is living with a little surprise. So then we find the machine that controls the nanobots or and then, as we've discovered prevents.
Speaker 1: You already have Kaiser and Carl Junior's key card. How are you going to get Carl Juniors?
Speaker 7: We would ask him for it later that he.
Speaker 5: Would just give it to you after what is saying?
Speaker 7: We would, yes, after we helped him, we would ask for that as a reward.
Speaker 1: And what is this is new information to me. I didn't know you were helping Carl Junior. I thought you were only helping Princess Maripan.
Speaker 7: That was our that was our main thing. So we came here two globabytes and then we saw Carl Junior's head, Carl Senior's head explode. Carl Junior came to us because we were the witnesses, and said, please find out who did this. And so then we went to the Candy King. I understand we stopped the coup and then we came here. I understand, and we you have concluded its Rack.
Speaker 1: We kill Rack. It is good, all right, understandable. And then he promised the key card in return for his father's a vengeance.
Speaker 7: We haven't asked him yet, but we will. We lost communication with him.
Speaker 1: So wait, what did he promise you? Then?
Speaker 4: That is part of the discussion.
Speaker 1: He promised you to let your ship go. He promised to unlock the ship. He promised you like, actually, so do you communicate that to her?
Speaker 5: We'll get the key.
Speaker 4: Yes, If Carl is the only thing left in our way, we will find our way.
Speaker 1: Okay, that is okay, good, fine, whatever, and we will take my ship. Then most of my armies are dead. I cannot put it any more bloody than that. I am a desperate woman and you have come here on my doorstep with the best thing that has ever been offered to me, maybe in the last ten years. So I Some people may say I'm brash, some people may say I'm being reckless, But right now I just want to go. I just want to go with you. Take me far away from here, and we shall fight.
Speaker 5: I completely agree with that sentiment. This is not the first time I've turned up on a woman's doorstep, and they said that they are brash and reckless, and I was the best thing to ever happen to them. So let's go and do this.
Speaker 1: Well okay, yeah, she definitely looks quite desperate, and she leads you now out into the dockyard and you see this massive, shining golden vessel. Oh, this incredible vessel. It's got like trees on it as well, and plants growing up the stems and all of that. And there's a bunch of like guards who go, head chef, where are you going, Grand chef, where are you're going? And she's like, I am going to kill rack with these men then, so this will be in charge West. I am gone, but hopefully I won't be gone for very long. And they yes, we're not bringing Solace with us. Well, somebody has to be here to at least.
Speaker 4: He's so good at healing.
Speaker 1: He is, But so am I.
Speaker 6: Oh you are, now see that's a nice look at ship. That ship probably is okay, you are right going to war.
Speaker 1: The ship opens its eyes sort of mentally it doesn't and you hear a voice boom from the ship that says, who speaks to me? That is not Milady.
Speaker 3: Crag son of kron.
Speaker 1: It is that is our new ally. You treat him with respect, oh, Melady, of course Crag Oh I am. I will do anything for Milady. We're going to war then then war it is. You'll get used to. It is a We designed it to be obedient, and unfortunately it's a little bit too obedient. But you can't really complain the issue with the whole sentient ship thing is oftentimes it has a mind of its own.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just different personalities.
Speaker 1: We do not have tech spaceships. We do not I miss spaceships too. We do not have the technology to be able to create personalities to exact specifications. Yet.
Speaker 4: Ah. Oh, it's just you kind of roll the dice, You kind.
Speaker 1: Of just give it vibes. It's it's because it's it's life. It's it's a soul, is what it is.
Speaker 3: It's unpredictable.
Speaker 4: You can't you can't be suggesting that these things are actually alive. It's like an.
Speaker 1: Artificial and they have souls.
Speaker 4: I love you the sorry you are question Yes, m hmm, further question, the souls exist?
Speaker 1: Oh, everything is cond exist, Everything is connected via the great flow. Do you not understand I don't know. I even Navina has told you, But we have been I've been trying to tell them this. The Great Flow connect all of us. Yes, the Great Flow connects all of us and is inside each of our souls. You can hear each other. The Vellinari just have a special connection to it which lets us. And she speaks in your head, Navina, now talk like this. You didn't hear that, actually, Navina, what did I say?
Speaker 7: Dog like this?
Speaker 1: Yes, we have that.
Speaker 5: If you, if you're the chef, I must ask, does every thing that exist have a soul?
Speaker 1: Oh? It was all designed by the Great Flow, a great wave that washes over the galaxy. So yes, this is.
Speaker 5: Why nanobots have souls.
Speaker 1: This nanobot thing, I don't believe they're really I think it's I think it's just something. I think something that was said right exactly know, Yeah, I'm trying to look right.
Speaker 3: I don't see any of them.
Speaker 1: I think it's something that was said that will to try and control us and make it so that we don't just destroy the machine and nobody's you know, people are too scared to take the risk. But I don't. It doesn't make any sense to me. I don't think they're real.
Speaker 4: I'm tying to agree, Yeah, I don't think it's worth the risk.
Speaker 1: What exactly I mean?
Speaker 7: If if you, if you all let me teach you about the Great Flow, we may not even need the head sense anymore.
Speaker 1: I'll agree with that because I'm telling single time on the only people that talk to me is that dream guy that the amount of times I have tried to teach non Vallinari about it, nobody truly believes because I've never been able to get them to connect with me via the flow, and it's just a lack of faith, I feel.
Speaker 3: Let me try. Let me try to connect with your flow, all right, crag, Yes, yes.
Speaker 1: She's going to try and to let telepathically say something to you now all right, Yeah, you're not getting it. So I want to say for the audience at home that the Great Flow is like is like a scientific psionic link that Vellunari have, but they don't realize it. They just think it's a religious thing. So they can train it so that they could talk to each other better sort of telepathically, and only a few can, Like Navena, you can't do it with others, but you are receptive of it. For example, she's quite powerful in that regard, so she can do it. But they believe training in it is just being more religious and you're having a stronger faith when it's actually like a magical skill that you train like a do you know what I mean? So that's how it sort of functions.
Speaker 6: But I took a galactic religions course at the community college.
Speaker 4: How much time did you spend it a college? Six semesters?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 4: Nan, For what it's worth, I would love for you to preach to us at some point, perhaps when we're back on the ship.
Speaker 7: Oh, that would be wonderful.
Speaker 1: Crubes the excite way he goes, I would like also to be preached to. I would love to love more about this great flow.
Speaker 5: You seemed a little bit upset earlier when we mentioned about the whole meat thing. Are you doing okay o jump?
Speaker 1: Oh it's it's stupid, you know, it's silly.
Speaker 5: It looks down forget it's right carry.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, the funniest session so far. Don's headed out of the park.
Speaker 7: It is just we will all have mass.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: You notice Crumb being sad uh uh. I don't think she would not because she was locked in on Sierra. Yeah at the time, just sad for the moment.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So you guys poured into this lovely vessel that it's got birds chirping in it.
Speaker 3: Oh that's sweet, that's nice.
Speaker 1: And other animals grazing, enjoying life. There's bunny rabbits actually quite normal animals.
Speaker 6: Actually, I'm gonna go sit down in like the garden area, and I hope that like rock, like various birds will like land on my rock body as I like meditate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, from it's going to sit down after he's kind of had a quite bad day, to be.
Speaker 6: Fair, come here, sit down with me, Crumb. Let's meditate and and just forget all your sorrows.
Speaker 1: Okay. He sits down and he meditates, and the ship sets sail out in the Soup Sea, going out towards in a different direction. You're heading towards where Rack is from, towards the slaughter of Forges. Now do we do we.
Speaker 4: Have contact with the Candy Kingdom via the horse?
Speaker 1: Oh I was about to say, I did you. I think you got her number on the thingy. I think you have connection with her?
Speaker 7: Yeah, because because ideally we want her to send a load of troops with us towards the slot toes towards the sort of forge.
Speaker 1: So I think you can contact her. Yes, that's that's the backup army obviously now in place of Sierra. So Sierra is coming herself, which is very powerful and very great. But we would like the Kaisers the Candy kingdoms because most of the army was killed by sweet men. Yeah, was killed by the grill masters men.
Speaker 7: And to be fair, most of the Kaiser army was killed by a gingerbread track.
Speaker 1: Actually, you were so true. I think hundreds died.
Speaker 4: A lot of people died.
Speaker 1: So yeah, you yeah, you can cool her up and she picks up.
Speaker 4: I think, do I just have like like the horses like side panel opens off?
Speaker 1: I think you you can't do that. I think I think you guys, because you have the ear connector pieces. I think you just gave her like the number for that, the connector for that when you before you left. If not would go to pass, yeah, sorry you And if she does that, everybody can hear her. So all right, I'm going to pass mine to Sierra. Oh okay, okay, So Sierra puts it in ah a communication device, very good and marzipan Queen marsy Pan goes hello, Hello, Hi. I'm not used to answering the phone, really, I always let my dad do it. Is this.
Speaker 4: Hello, Hi, Hello, my queen. You are connected now with Sierra the grand chef.
Speaker 1: Hello, am Sierra. So you are Marzipan? Yes, oh, grand Chef Sierra. Oh oh, this is complicated. I'm sorry for everything my father ever did to you. I know, I know, I know the thing with the double decker and the fudge, and there was also Please do not remind me of what Kaisa has done. Oh okay, sorry, I I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: My queen, My queen, there are there is time after the war for apologies and remaking of friendships. Right now, we are on our way towards Racks domain. We seek to kill him alongside Sierra, and we were hoping that you could support with what remains of your army.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, oh great, I mean I want to get revenge on that. That never do well as well, because he tried to kill me. His brother did, but by extension him of course. Let me just check my men. I we don't have many. I'll admit. A lot of them were killed by the dragon. A lot of them were already sent out, and it probably died in battle in this you know, Central Gastrovia or other places. I've lost contact with a lot, but I could send a platoon of maybe fifteen men.
Speaker 4: Any any help is appreciated.
Speaker 1: These are strong warriors, These are men that I trust with my life. But I guess I can't any more of their I will be undefended. So if you promise, nobody will come and attack me. And I trust you. You guys, you can keep two, Okay, I'll keep two, keep some guards. Okay, okay, I'll keep two of them. You're gonna get.
Speaker 5: First, if I may. Are you in your throne room? Yes, I am you in your throne room. I am in my throne room right now. There is a button in labeled gummy bears, So that's in Kaiser's room. I don't know how to get into there. Right through it, yeah, only Sigma figured it out excellent, right, yes through how to get into it. There's a button that you can pressed. The will spawn two gummy bears that will protect.
Speaker 1: You all right, like big ones. Oh, like the big one. Oh?
Speaker 5: Yes, okay, the big ones.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Check and talking through to get into the room, he will, I'll walk you through how to do that should.
Speaker 1: The worst happen, right, okay, great, great.
Speaker 4: Granaw So you got nice and quick instructions.
Speaker 1: From He's got gummy bears for different and Sierra is then going to say, okay, well that is good. I don't know if he wanted me to say anything. She turns the look at Novena. I don't know why you had to be the earpiece, but it's good that we can get back up from Kaiser. Rack needs to go down. He needs to say die.
Speaker 5: Did we not leave the corpse of Lord Rolipoly in that room? Someone was dead in that room?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 1: No, nobody was dead in that room.
Speaker 4: No, Lord Bonbon is in there.
Speaker 3: Probably a good idea then to figure that out.
Speaker 7: Lord b had a heart attack when Kaiser told him that he didn't know who he was.
Speaker 1: Lord Bonbon died because fucking rick Plan insulted him so hard he died.
Speaker 5: Just his body into that room. Shut it up.
Speaker 1: Yes, so, yes, you're.
Speaker 6: Gonna start stinking. So it's probably best to figure that out now rather later.
Speaker 4: Queen. There may be a corpse in there, don't worry, it's nobody of importance.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, I think we've solved.
Speaker 1: It all right, Okay, you've solved it right, right, Okay, she's she's going to take out the earp. But that is good. I'm glad that we have that. It will take a while for them to get there, but probably equal about a distance for us to get there. So good timing to call her. Now, good work. Right, Let me tell you a little bit about the slaughter Forge so that we can be prepared.
Speaker 7: Yes, it is.
Speaker 1: It is an evil place full of meat trees and meat gravel. It is meat everywhere, and a lava but like meat constantly roasting. It gives me the ship is it horrifies me? Huh, she's you know, she's maybe a bit of a bias perspective. Oh yeah. But the good thing is that without wreck or rock, rack Is should be powerless. It should just be him. Now, Oh, so there were only two brothers. There's only two brothers. There's no other There's no secret third brother that I know of. But what there is is Racks food scientist. Crumb sort of looks up. He has a food scientist doctor, doctor Brenda biscuit brisket.
Speaker 4: Okay, both of those could have worked.
Speaker 1: Brenda biscuit brisket, bend Brenda Brisket.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, I mean it's either way biscuit biscuits with like meat and stuff.
Speaker 3: By the way, I'm really Jonson for a steak right now.
Speaker 1: So damn like doctor Brenda Brisket. Brenda Brisket. Yeah, she is evil. She creates regular animals is not enough for them. She creates these amalgamations of animals so that they can and has them fight in the slaughter forests and the strongest ones. They then kill and cook and they say it makes their food tastier. The problem is we have to go through the slaughter forests to get to Rack. Oh, so we will probably come into contact with one of these meat amalgamations.
Speaker 7: Hopefully to say no, one.
Speaker 1: Be prepared.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, yes you're you're cheffliness. We are always prepared for a fight. Scheffling us. I like that.
Speaker 1: Did you did you say a doctor Brenda Biscuit Brisket. It's Brenda Brisket. Yeah. She she went to my universe. We we graduated at the same time. I didn't know she worked for Rack. Now that's traitor. Did do you remember her being evil? I remember her being cold and I respected her though she she was ruthless, but in a good way. She was. She used to like laugh to herself all the time. But I just felt she was always in a good mood.
Speaker 4: Un assignment, just like.
Speaker 1: I didn't. I didn't know, Well, now you do it.
Speaker 7: Were your friends?
Speaker 1: Well? I thought we were. I saw us as as friendly rivals. I would you know, she would do a project, I would do a project similar, and then would compare them and I'd be like ha ha, And I mean, she wouldn't say much to me back to be fair, but that's okay. She's not very talkative. I did all the talking in our friendship, and sometimes she did playful banter like friends do playful bans like you guys do, where you know, she would tell me to fuck off a die and and I was like, aha, you two friend.
Speaker 5: So yes, yes, we do that often.
Speaker 4: Earlier.
Speaker 1: Are you?
Speaker 7: Are you sure we like visibly saw Crumbs sadder than he normally is.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 1: I the think about Crumb is he's his existence is quite sad, but he's usually quite upbeat about it. He's like deluded. But you saw him physically like Crown, and that was unusual.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Crumb, there's this history between the two of you, give you any sort of insight into her work, since, like, do you have any idea how these meat monster things work?
Speaker 1: She was always talented with meat. She always knew exactly how to make it crumb.
Speaker 5: You know that conversation we had earlier.
Speaker 4: Maybe you should just go stare at the soup again.
Speaker 1: I oh, okay, I felt like I already know everything about this soup. He walks over Navina. Ah, Yes, was it bad before I had what I said? I wanted to stretch you out.
Speaker 7: No, I would love to help with your projects.
Speaker 1: Just feels like everybody's treating it like it was a bad thing, and I don't really understand why.
Speaker 7: Maybe when you're older.
Speaker 1: I'm twenty one, you're younger than him.
Speaker 7: Okay, I'm younger than you, so I still don't know what's happened.
Speaker 1: Maybe when we're older, maybe yeah, maybe would we share?
Speaker 7: Okay, but I would love I would love to help you out. You can. You can stretch me out whenever you want to.
Speaker 6: I'm going to jump off the ship. I am deeply embroiled in my meditation. I am like eyes closed.
Speaker 2: Moving man.
Speaker 7: Okay, do you have anything that could help us against Brenda Brisket?
Speaker 1: No? But I could try and make something. If there's any food on this ship, then I could maybe use my science ability.
Speaker 5: I just need prep time. I'm really powerful with prep time. Have you not looked around the ship? We're literally surrounded by everything edible?
Speaker 1: Am I am? I allowed to use it, your grand chef Highness, Majesty, grand big chef, Am, I allowed to use the food in this ship for my sciencey ways, Sierra looks around big guy chef guy pants. Okay, okay, I might. I might struggle you in real life and I will see you soon. So starts choking out Connor. Yeah, I have something for Connor as well. So I have something prepped and it is it is violent. Okay, so Sierra. Sierra looks around. He because as long as it's not one of the animals you meet, freak, I am, I'll be fine with it.
Speaker 5: Your chef finess, regal person. I have to ask, where have these animals being created from? Are they genuine living animals that have just bread and reproduced?
Speaker 1: These are genuine living animals that have bred and rebiduced. They brought them from from off planet.
Speaker 5: I see, and eventually they must inevitably die.
Speaker 1: Not if I have anything to say about it.
Speaker 5: So you're artificially expanding their live span.
Speaker 1: In a way. I see.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm sure this won't come up again later.
Speaker 1: Okay, get to work. Let's get an intelligence check on Crumb.
Speaker 4: Let's go Crumb.
Speaker 1: He's got a good intelligence score.
Speaker 3: All right, that's not bad, but good. I would even hard hazard.
Speaker 4: I guess it's pretty good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he he's going to create something, but you guys are not going to find out what it is until the next combat.
Speaker 3: That's fair.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, so you're like a fun cliffhanger sort of thing, depending on when we get to that. So, but you could see he's working away. He's working away. Do you guys want to do anything else before you reach Land?
Speaker 6: I am just I am in meditation mode. I have become the Boulder. I am preparing mentally for the battle.
Speaker 1: That so, okay. The ship then will eventually approach and you will have to depart and go on foot. You obviously have your horses, but you don't have enough for Sierra. And she she goes ah, So I see you already have transport for Land.
Speaker 3: I mean I have an extra horse because I had to, but I could walk.
Speaker 1: It's fine, and howse do we have because I had pocket blue one pocket blue, but we left them on the shore. No, no, we only had only my horse, So you only have sigmas. So this is what she will say. Then, so you'll have a horse, then, don't worry. I have my own ride. She presses a button and the ship's mouth opens up and this pristine like limo comes out.
Speaker 3: That's that's fair, andy.
Speaker 1: But do you think because I was a chef I wouldn't have a car.
Speaker 3: No, that didn't I never. I never even considered that as a thing. I just assumed you did. You were very even Crum had the car.
Speaker 4: I'm not surprised.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, because it's special, right, Well, I didn't.
Speaker 6: I didn't say it was as a five star, as a five star chef. I'd be more confused if you didn't own like.
Speaker 7: Break, you're not pretending to be pocketed anymore.
Speaker 5: She's gonna open I should change.
Speaker 1: She's gonna She's going to open up the doors and get inside, and you guys can follow her. You would like into the back of the Oh, this is going to be a tight squeeze again. Your head has to come out the sun roof. That's just what's going to happen. There is a chauffeur for this limousine. Oh yeah, can my horse get inside? Yeah, your horse can tip. Your horse can shrink in size because it's a robot horse.
Speaker 7: It can.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So the cars not have personality.
Speaker 1: They do and we will get to that all right. Crumb didn't crumbs did. It made a lot of noises. Ah, but it didn't. It was it couldn't speak, couldn't speak. It was crumbs car. Yeah, oh yeah, yeah, one hundred percent felt the pain when it exploded. Crumbs car was so like old and beat up that I just it really didn't have anything. But you guys get inside the limousine. To think about this limousine is it isn't it stension of the ship's personality?
Speaker 3: Ah?
Speaker 1: Oh, well, come in, Welcome in. But there is a chauffeur, and the chauffeur is a little skivett with a little cap on who goes away cord.
Speaker 4: Welcome.
Speaker 1: We're wearding off to to the slaughter forges loveliest tar. You're in it, No, it's not.
Speaker 3: It sounds really enjoyable, honestly, you know.
Speaker 1: Right, will this be casual card? You work for me? Yeah, I just try to get it's.
Speaker 3: A character, the character of a taxi driver.
Speaker 1: The doors closed and it is lovely. The interior has like wine on conditioning, you know. Oh and air conditioning is great. It's the nicest place you've been for a while.
Speaker 7: Have you been busy?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what it's like Gastrovia Civil War on. People want to be shared around, lots of refugee and all that.
Speaker 7: How long you're on for?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: You know, well, once I drop you off of the slaughter forges, then I'll be editing. Yeah. What do you do for a living? I pray right, religious type right right right? Yeah? That pay much?
Speaker 7: No, it prays much, jokester.
Speaker 1: Aren't you all right? Do you mind if I put on some music?
Speaker 5: Please do no?
Speaker 7: Of course?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 7: Oh cramp, Why don't you recommend the music you were playing me?
Speaker 1: Oh no, Well, I really glad that you like it, but most people don't.
Speaker 7: What is the station? We will put it on?
Speaker 1: Okay, it's it's real glover bites music. Oh all right, I don't usually listen to them presses play. He slowly turns round to look at you, guys. What, Well, it's not really to my taste.
Speaker 5: The noises that they're not making. That's where real music is, saying.
Speaker 3: My roof, so I can't even I can barely hear what's even going on. And there I'm like, what are you guys listening to Crumbs?
Speaker 1: Like, oh this is this is from A I really like this song. This is maybe top five for me. It wasn't. It's their newes stuff. It's not as good as their older stuff. And it's just you just hit.
Speaker 3: Just crying dumb steps, you know, it's just yeah.
Speaker 4: My memory of like Crumbs music test was like really loud, aggressive e d M or doom step or something, and now it seems to have it's just a man screaming and crying. It's that one Bathtooth song.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing. You guys thought that I was doing an impression of dobstep music, but I wasn't doing a The music is just a man doing an app that's just actually what it is, exactly what it sounds like, right, I truly have never heard anything like it. Hey, No, it's incredible. He's such an artist. I'd love to meet him one day. But he's not from here, he's from.
Speaker 7: Where does he from?
Speaker 1: Well? Global Bites commission him for the music. He's from far, far away in a distant planet.
Speaker 5: Globo Bites commission this man to make music.
Speaker 1: I don't know how they can afford him. It's amazing.
Speaker 4: You do.
Speaker 5: Just him from When this is over, When this is finished, you and I are going to have a little conversation about tax fraud.
Speaker 1: Aren't you guys criminals? I wasn't sure. I don't think you guys pay taxes.
Speaker 5: We may have committed crimes, but that does not mean that we are criminals. I mean it does, but it's a different thing for us.
Speaker 1: I've never paid tax in my life, says Pocket. But I still do. I get money back from the government, but I never paidh.
Speaker 7: I.
Speaker 4: You know, I really miss liking music.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like your music. It's just folk and howling. No.
Speaker 4: I was going to say, it's just like techno with howling over the top of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, since we.
Speaker 7: Most like just have hymns and gospel.
Speaker 4: M No, that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Okay. I'd love to listen to your music for you now. Oh, I would love to hear the radio off radio all right. You you're a singer. Let's let's hear.
Speaker 7: Sierra. You must know this one too. You can sing it with them.
Speaker 1: It's been a long time since I've been home. Yeah, I mean so, oh, I don't know this one. We're are okay, Carliflower fluffy, and cabbage is green. Strawberries are sweeter than any I've seen red clover. I don't know. I would have unlocked up memory for some people with that, Oh yeah, like a core memory Sigma.
Speaker 5: I'm not saying that we have to do this, but there is potentially a way that if we do find the machine that puts nanobots in front of people's mouths, we could reconfigure it to put it in front of people's ears when certain songs happen.
Speaker 4: You know, it's not a bad idea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we can fuck with this machine whole bunch. We can make it so only certain people carli eat at all. And it looks maybe we receive we can extend its reach.
Speaker 4: Captain and I I don't think Pocket should be with the machine when we eventually got there.
Speaker 5: I completely agree. The reason I believe we're keeping poking around right now is one I'll be honest, I did find it very funny when he sold some beans. So we do need to potentially launch him as a missile. Four more times.
Speaker 1: Yeah I am. I am also sort of your de facto bank account because I'm the only one here with money. And that's so if you want to buy anything, gotta ask me.
Speaker 7: You need to pay for the cab.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, is it casual card? Crag? It's it No, it's it's lumins. Do you take lumens? Oh?
Speaker 5: I can, okaypend on this planet. The more I think I understand the person who invented the nanobots.
Speaker 1: Okay, this this has gone on far too long. You you are gonna eventually reach the slaughter forests. Oh god, my camera is given up as well. It's just decided that so you guys eventually get to the slaughter forges. At this point, the limo driver is going to slow down and he's going to say, all right, here's your stop, get out my cab.
Speaker 4: And you don't You couldn't pay him to be like a little politer or something.
Speaker 1: All right, it's it's it's it's sort of the contrast with this ship. I don't mind it too.
Speaker 6: Much, rustage. I'm my head sticking out o the sun roof. I am exiting this cab, which.
Speaker 9: Just go ahead, rich through it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The cab driver looks up and he's he's like.
Speaker 3: Oh, sorry about that.
Speaker 5: I'm about to just get out, take my gun, spinning around my finger once, and then look around to make sure we're all okay and safe. Keep your what's about it down here, chaps? Apparently there's mid monsters everywhere.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Sierra's going to turn to the cabby and say, it's all right, a little buy a new one you, I see you later. Okay. He goes, all right, love closes the door and then drives off. In a relationship, No, it's just how Cabby's talk whether she smoke as well.
Speaker 6: Really, she was like, we don't know what's going on in her personal life.
Speaker 1: Maybe at one point maybe yeah.
Speaker 6: Maybe they they're exes, but you know, she fell she hired them as the Cabby.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: She is a slightly taller Villinari importantly she so she's like a foot taller than and Avena is maybe even taller. She's like six foot five maybe I'm six five, you're she's a whole foot and a half taller. Yeah, she is taller than you. She's quite like slender and tall. So she gets out and now the slaughter of forest lays in front of you, and you hear her coming from beyond.
Speaker 3: I ripped out a tree and throw up that direction.
Speaker 1: Oh right, Craig just goes in. All right, So Craig, you rip out a tree.
Speaker 6: I started meditating slowly, waiting for a fight, and so this is the first instance.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, this was prepared action.
Speaker 6: Yeah, honestly, I was going to do it on the ship. I was gonna like, if something attack the ship, just rip a tree out.
Speaker 1: Of it and just throw it at you charge into the forest. This is from your POV for the moment. Do you charge into the forest until you see the shadow in the forest, and then out of nowhere this giant meat monstrosity. It's like part cow, part pig, part bull, part elephant, part like all of these animals sort of squish together. We'd meat dripping down its body in weird ways. It's got six legs and some of them are sticking in the air. It's got like horns coming out of different angles, like a rhino horn, but then also like a shark's fin for some reason, and it comes up to you in roars with its seven mouths.
Speaker 4: Ah, I throw a tree at it.
Speaker 1: Okay, what we're gonna do is before anything else happens, we'll do the tree. And also it will probably attack you as well, so we'll do that first.
Speaker 7: Sure, sure, yeah, as it got part dog maybe a little bit because if Crag misses, would it chase the tree?
Speaker 1: Hmmm?
Speaker 4: Maybe?
Speaker 6: I'm also going I gotta specify. I'm turning myself huge for this. I'm going giants might with this.
Speaker 1: Cool. I assure you do that as you were running, yes, yeah, well I was mentally prepared for a while challenging towards you, which means that is important.
Speaker 4: Yes, No, it's so it's coming towards me, it's coming towards you. Tell you what.
Speaker 6: In that case, I'll just take out my uh my axe, my my pick, and I'll just.
Speaker 3: Like bring it on, you know, and then I'll go to attack it when it's.
Speaker 1: Charging out, give me the slice, give me the attack.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 6: So I'm doing the fire shackles and the giants might hopefully we could get good luck with this.
Speaker 1: Please hit yeah twenty do the damage.
Speaker 6: Now, some stuff's gonna happen here. Hold on first, that great now fire shackles is going to activate.
Speaker 3: Holy shit, Yeah, I know there's a lot of shit here.
Speaker 6: When you hit a creature with an attack using a weapon, you can invoke the room to summon fiery shackles. The target takes an extra two D six fire damage, and it must succeed on a strength be restrained. Okay, I already included that damage from the fire shackles on that.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: So he's charging towards you. You bring out the pickaxe, slam it with flaming shackles around it into this animal monstrosity. It is strength safe time. What does it need to beat? It's got quite a lot. It's a thirteen. What's your strength? I mean okay, my strength is sixteen? I got a three.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: That counter as an ability check.
Speaker 1: Yes, break, you are too far away. So unfortunately the fire shackles wrap around it. But it breaks three three breaks all three of them.
Speaker 3: It breaks all three of my shoes.
Speaker 1: You're ripping off of its body, flames erupting from its body, and say you cook some of the meat, right, so it smells great, but it is coming towards you. Three horns now heading towards you. It is going to attack you with a gore attack. He charges towards you. It's horns pointing in your direction. The rest of you you cannot see this happening because Crag charged into the forest. There's trees in the way. This is the whole point. He just charged ahead of you, did sixty feet of movement straight away before you could even notice. Right, oh god, he just ran in. He just yeah, he just ran in. Or James, So you guys cannot do anything about it.
Speaker 3: However, quiet for so long and then just you know.
Speaker 1: Okay, however he rolled at ten and he missed, so you you managed that. It kind of just gets blocked by your massive stony body. Looks up at you when it's twenty seven, eyes sort of from different animals stitch together and roars in your face, and you hear a voice in the distance.
Speaker 2: Go and I.
Speaker 1: Feel good about this flame. And you see form the distance this woman dressed like a butcher, right long, bloodied gloves on, manic hair with like some streaks in it as well. I can actually see prasive grin. She's coming out of the darkness.
Speaker 3: I'm throwing the fucking pic.
Speaker 1: No, because we are doing at that moment A to be continued, and next session you will be rolling initiative fin with delta, Mark said at last, they'd been walking for hours. The air in the tunnel had grown stale, the rhythm of their footsteps the early constant. Sweet had done his best to fill the silence, would talk. It hadn't gone too well. He'd never been very good at carrying a conversation. That had been Tasty's domain, easy charm, quick wit, stories that captivated those around him. Sweet, left to his own devices, found conversation to be like sparring without a shield, exposed and awkward. Moks didn't help. Most questions were met with runts, some with a single word. None of them returned, so then Sweet tried again, you're not from Gestrovia.
Speaker 7: Nah.
Speaker 1: That seemed to be the end of it, but he pushed on regardless. Then then why come here? Most off worlders remain in central districts that some quite unusual to see one so embedded in a warlord's territory. A pause. It wasn't my choice, mok said nothing more. The words dropped between them and stayed there. Before Sweet could find a way to politely pry further, mock stopped.
Speaker 4: We're here.
Speaker 1: They stood beneath a hatch set into the ceiling of the tunnel. In the dim pink glow, Sweet could just make out its outline, metal reinforced flushed with the stone above. Mock stepped closer, looking up, as if measuring the distance between now and whatever came next should lead us straight into sporks workshop, he said. He turned, then, meeting Sweet's gaze properly. These won't be easy, he said, no humor in his voice. Now, if we get the jump on him, we've got a chance. He's dangerous, smart, but he's not undoudgeable. He placed a hand on sweets shoulder. Firm, steady. What do we do today matters? He said, So thank you for standing with me a beat You ready, Sweet swallowed mouth dry. I guess I'm as ready as I'll everbe. Mox gave his shoulder a final squeeze. You've got this, sir, night, he said. Let's go. Blinding light knife down in the tunnel. As Mock shoved the hatch open, Sweet flinched, throwing an arm over his eyes as he climbed after him. The sudden brightness felt violent after hours in the dark. He blinked hard, vision swimming, and hauled himself up into the room. Beyond sparks. Workshops crawled out before them, wide cluttered, alive with the uneven pulse of machinery. Gears turned pistons, hissed, wires hung like tangled veins from the ceiling. Tables lay buried beneath rust and scrap. Half built devices scattered in chaotic heaps, as if abandoned. Mid thought. The air smelled of oil, smoke, and something acriate that stung to the back of the throat. But there was no one here, no guards, no workers, no spork. That's not right, Mox muttered. Heyo, there marks the voice came for behind them. They turned as a massive monitor flitted to life against the fire wall. Static spat for a second before resolving into a face that seemed assembled rather than groan spork. Sweeteed only heard the stories, and they hadn't done him justice. The skivett filled the screen in twitching, restless detail, further color of old ash, singed and patchy clothes, laid and mismatched fabrics and scorched leathers, none of them clean. Three of his six arms were rustic prosthetics, metal joints whining softly as they shifted. One ear had gone entirely, leaving the other drooping sideways. His left eye had been replaced with a camera lens that clicked and focused as it studied them. Sporwk Mock's growed the words heavy with years. Spork's remaining ear twitched. His grin was wide and feral. Oh you didn't think i'd find out you were coming for me? His voice was a high, scraping screech, like metal dried across glass. A wisely always has his saucers, he added, cheerfully. The feed flickered and sweet stomach dropped. The screen now showed a familiar arrangement of tents and scattered crates the starved camp. No, he breathed. Mox went rigid behind him. The camera zoomed in. Bodies lined the perimeter, Limbs scattered across the sand, dark stains soaking into the spice tunes. You've bastard, Mox roared, the sound echoing off steel. Sporwk tilted his head, prosthetic fingers drumming against the frame of the screen. It'd be a surprised how easy it is to get people to talk once you blow up a few of their friends, Sweet felt, bile raised in his throat. The room seemed to tilt. He could hear his own pulse hammering in his ears. Besides him, Mocks trembled, not with fear, but with fury. His gauntlet clenched so tight the metal groaned.
Speaker 7: Where the fuck are you.
Speaker 1: Mox snarled, stepping towards the screen. Come out, Yes, where I can fucking kill you. Oh, don't worry, Spork purred through the speakers.
Speaker 7: I'm very close.
Speaker 1: The screen went black for a heartbeat. There was silence. Then came the rumble, low, at first, a vibration through the floor, the metal shrieking against metal, something vast and poorly balanced, dragging itself closer. The workshop trembled with each approaching step. Sweets Gaze darted around the room, panic tightening in his throat. The footsteps were heavy, mechanical, Each one landed like a hammer blow. A towering shelf unit suddenly toppled forwards in a crash of sparks and scrap. Behind it stood a hulking construct of welded jungn salvage plating, a scrap built mech, all jagged edges and exposed hydraulics. Its limbs were mismatched. One arm, ending in a crushing claw, the other in a rotary cannon that wind as it spun up, oil leaked from its joints like black blood, and inside the open cockpit, grinning down at them, sporwk shit, Marx s muttered. Spork leaned forward in his seat, camera whirring as it zoomed. You know, he mused, At first, it felt a bit cruel programming you with emotions, Sweet blinked, what and now the Skivett continued, delighted, I see the entertainment value. Max twitched at that, just slightly. Spork's grin widened. I never thought that when I bought you it would lead to this. Shut up, Mox barked, voice raw sweet. Look between them, confusion, muddling with his emotions, Max, he said, struggling to keep his voice. Eddy, what is he talking about. Mox's jaw tightened. He didn't look at him. Spork barked a laugh. Wait, you didn't know. The mech shifted its weight to gears, grinding your friend here, he said, sweetly. He's a machine, a robot. The word hung in the air, and suddenly everything rearranged itself. The strength, despite the lack of food, the absence of blood, staying awake throughout the knights, the way he could smell out land mines. How he'd navigated pitch black tunnels without issue. Sweet turned slowly towards Mok's The assembled that's what they call them, sentient constructs. He'd never stood besides one before. The ground felt unsteady beneath him. Something fundamental had shifted. Come on, Sweet, mocks growled, not meeting his eyes. We're here for a reason. He was right. There'd be time for questions later to make sense of everything if they survived. Right now, there was only the enemy towering over them. Sweet drew his blade. The candy cane's sword slid free with a clean, familiar whisper. He wrapped his fingers tight around the hilt and charged the Mech turned towards mos rotary cannon, spinning with a hungry wine. The Liking didn't stand still long enough to be a target. The first burst shredded the floor where he'd in our heartbeat earlier. He vaulted over a work bench, boots striking the surface once before he kicked it over. The heavy table toppled forward, creating a shield against the stream of rounds. Buying him a half a second of cover. Sweet watched as a missile screamed towards the Lichen. Mox grabbed a hanging chain and swung sideways just as it struck the wall behind him. The explosion tore through shelving units, showering the room with scrap. He landed in a crouch, seized a rolling tool cart and shoved it hard into the Mech's advancing leg. Spork snarled the Mex dog down, crushing the carp flat. Mox didn't hesitate after that, he slammed into the Mech's leg with his gauntlet, metal colliding with metal, and a thunderous crash. Sparks flew. He drove punch after punch into exposed joints, clawed hands ripping at cables, trying to tear something vital free Sporks simply laughed from the cockpit. The Mex clawed arms swung in a wide arc as both Mocks and Sweet ducked under it. Sweet's heart was hammering in his chest, but he steadied himself and lungs forwards with his blade. The candy Cane's sword struck plating and bounced. The vibrations shot of his arm, nearly tearing the weapon from his grip. This wasn't drills in the Chocolate Colosseum. There were no rules here, no measured exchanges, just chaos. A rocket screened past him and detonated against the far wall. The workshop shuddered. A support beam collapsed in a shower of sparks. Sweet tried again, darting in towards a joint that Mocks had already weakened, but the mech moved faster than something that size had any right to. Its heavy claw struck him square in the chest. It hit like a battering ram. Sweet flew backwards, armors scraping as he crashed into a stack of crates. The impact drove the air from his lungs. His vision blurred. The mex cannon shifted, an aperture opening up in the center. A thin rising screen cut through the noise. Sweet looked up just in time to see the laser charging. There was no time to move. The blast fired, and Mocks stepped in front of him. The beam punched through Mox's torso in a blinding flash. Metal melted. Internal components ruptured in a spray of sparks, and shattered plaiting a gaping hole tore through his midsection, clean and smoking, Mocks staggered once, then dropped. Sweet stared, mouth half open, the world narrowing to the smoking ruin of Mocks's body on the floor. He protected him, But why they weren't friends? Not really? They were capture and captive allies by necessity. Mocks had threatened him, lied to him, dragged him across a minefield with a fake bomb around his neck, and yet he had chosen to take that shot. Sweets chest tightened painfully. Gilt crawled up his throat, thick and suffocating. If he'd been faster, stronger, better, if he hadn't hesitated, if he hadn't needed saving, Spork tilted his head from inside the cockpit. Well, well, he said, pleasantly, as at least half my job done. The mech began to advance, each step, shaking the ruined workshop. Sweet's mind reeled. He'd been useless, outmatched a night train for blades and honor, not this mechanized nightmare. He couldn't save anyone. He couldn't even land a single blow. Sporwk raised the cannon again. Sweet breath came sharp and ragged focus not on fear, not on failure. On Now, the pink markings along his skin began to glow brighter, pulsing beneath the grime and blood. Heat built behind his eyes, in his chest. In the space between thoughts, he was a tall. He thrust out a hand. A nearby shelf shuddered. One crate, stamped with volatile markings, trembled. The strain was immediate and vicious, like tearing muscle from bone. Heat surged through him, pain flaring behind his eyes and down his spine. His body trembled under the effort, every nerve, screaming in protest, and then, inch by stubborn inch, the crate lurched free. It ripped through the air with invisible force, and slammed into the mech, detonating on impact. The explosion rocked the room, engulfing the machine and fire and shrapnel. The mech staggered, one leg, buckling as alarm shrieked from within, Sweet sueded, exhausted vision swimming, but he moved. The blast had torn part of the roof loose, already damaged from the battle. One section now hung precariously, fractured, beams groaning under their own weight. He stumbled towards a blaster that had toppled out of a supply box, snatched it up and aimed not at spork, but up up at the weakened support above. He fired. The beams soared through the air, slicing through the final connecting edge. The last support gave way with a tortured shriek of metal for one suspended, breathless instant. The fractured ceiling high above the mech like a held judgment. Sparks camrai widened, lens, clicking frantically as warning lights flared across his cockpit. Now he began six arms, scrambling across controls, prosthetics, wiring as he tried to reverse to boost to anything, but it was too late. Steel beams tore free stone slabs followed. The entire section of the roof came crashing down in a deafening avalanche. The first impact buckled the Mech's shoulder, snapping the rotary cannon clean off. The second drove it onto one knee. The third buried it completely. Sporks screamed as the cockpit canno be shattered, his voice dissolving into choked gurgling sparks erupted in violent bursts. One of the mech's arms clawed upwards through the falling debris, grasping at nothing. Then a final crushing blow, Silent stepped the mech vanish beneath twisted beams and slabs of concrete, entombed inside the very structure that it had once roared. Silence fell, broken only by the settling dust and distant crackles of fire, the blast that slipped from sweet trembling fingers clattering uselessly against the floor as his chest he for air, then his mind finally caught up with what happened. He staggered through the settling dust and fell to his knees Besides Mox's broken frame. He huled him upright as carefully as he could manage, propping him into a sitting position against a half collapsed pillar. What's he shouted, voice cracking, Are you are you? Are you functioning? Mox's eyes flickered for a moment. They were dull, unfocussed, Then they narrowed slightly as systems crawled back online. Don't worry, sir, nice, he rasped. The voice was thinner, now distorted, Metal grinding faintly beneath it. He'll hev be fine, just need some repairs. The attempt at a smile was crooked, one side of the jaw hanging lower than it should. Sweet felt his composure fracture. Tears prickered at his eyes before he could stop them. The batter was over, the noise had stopped. He was alife hit him in waves so strong it left him dizzy. Before he could think better of it, he poured Mocks into a tight embrace. The lichen froze, one remaining arm, hovering awkwardly before giving Sweet a stiff, uncertain pat on the back. H Sweet, he said, carefully, I'm aware you're experiencing emotions, but I required tools and probably several new internal components. Sweet pulled back at once, flushing right, yes, of course, apologies, He scrambled to his feet, Just tell me what you need. The next hours passed in a blur of smoke and scavenging. Sweet ran back and forth through the ruined workshop, hauling scrap, wiring, plating anything Mocks requested. He returned each time to find Mox hunched over his own exposed chassis, welding torch sparking as he fused metal to metal with steady practice movements. He worked without complaint, rewiring what he could reach, sealing breeches, replacing shattered parts with whatever functional substitutes they could find. The massive hole through his midsection slowly shrank beneath layered plating and careful reinforcement. I may need a profession nor to look at this eventually, Mox muttered, at one point, adjusting a cable with precise fingers. There's only so much you can do by yourself. Sweet watched, still shaken, still raw machines. Sweet remembered Mok, saying, people are just machines made of different parts. You could have let me die. Sweet heard himself say the words felt raw on the way out. I was useless. You would have fared better than me. Don't say stupid things, Mox muttered, tightening a wire with slow, deliberate care. Enough people have died because of my ambition. I wasn't about to add you to the list. But no, butts. Mox shot him a look, and besides, I believed in you. You've got that spark most don't. Sweet's gaze drifted to the exposed wiring in Mox's torsa. The faint hum of systems recalibrating. Mox noticed. I'm sorry I didn't tell you, he said. After a moment, he sounded smaller. It's just he paused, searching for the right words. In my experience, people don't really trust machines. Sweet sat down beside him, the fight finally draining out of his limbs. I can't imagine it's easy, I think, Mok said, jaw tightening as he fused the plate into place. I feel I heard the same as any man. He flinched slightly as a spark caught. I was just assembled differently. Sweet hesitated. Spork said he'd bought you. Mock's expression hardened. My creator sowed me to him years ago. I worked here, built his toys, dug his tunnels. A beat slave is the cleanest word for it. I guess your creator, Sweet asked quietly. Mok shoot his head. I don't remember much, not really don't know why I was made. He sealed the final gap in his plating, metal hissing as it cooled. The repair was rough, functional, not elegant. But I saw what was happening here, he went on, saw the injustice. Figured if I was built with certain advantages, I might as well use them. A faint smile ghosted across his face, and so I did. He looked up at Sweet. We made a difference to day, Sir Knight. Then the expression faltered, memory catching up with him. His jaw tightened slightly. I only wish the others could have lived to see it. Silence settled between them. Sweet reached out and rested a hand on his shoulder. I'm sorry, he said, he deserve a proper funeral, Mok said quietly, Corrigan too. Sweet nodded once. No argument. For a moment, they sat with it. Then Mok shifted, as if forcibly prying his thoughts away from the dead. So he said, what now, Sir Knight. Sweet blinked, what do you mean you wanted the galaxy? He said, freedom, something bigger than following orders, a faint tilt of his head. I did promise you that much. Sweet hadn't truly thought that far ahead. Surviving had taken up most of his attention. But now the idea returned, vast and frightening and bright, A life beyond Gastrovia, beyond kings and warlords. But how he asked, spor keeps a private vessel Mok said, pushing himself to his feet. Emergency escaped ship not docked at the main space port, means it won't be caught in the lockdown. Sweet stood as well, wincing slightly as his side poured. And what about you, Mok shrugged. We've my crew gone. I'll have to work something out. He didn't sound convinced. Come with me, Sweet said the words, leaving him before caution could catch them. Mox paused, excuse me, don't you want answers? Sweet pressed about your creator, about why you were made. Don't you want to see what's out there? Mok stared at him for a long moment, then slowly a grin spread across his face. Are you, sieur, you want to travel with me? He asked? After all of this, especially after all of this, He let out a load chuckle. Well, well, sir Knight, that is a tempting offer. He extended his repaired hand. I think I might just take you up on it. Sweet smiled and shook his hand without hesitation. The future was still vast, still dangerous, still wildly uncertain. In all the practical ways that mattered. There would be new worlds, new wars, new mistakes, waiting patiently for him out there. But the uncertainty that had once hollowed him out, that gnawing, directionless doubt, was gone. He wasn't fleeing from something anymore. He was stepping forwards on his own terms.