Speaker 1: Big Food and Beyond with Cliff and Bubo. These guys are your favorites, so like say subscribe and rade it five star and met yesterday listening, Oh watching lim always.
Speaker 2: Keep its watching.
Speaker 3: And now you're hosts Cliff Berrickman and James Boobo Fay.
Speaker 2: Hey, Bobes, what's happening man?
Speaker 4: Oh? Not much, just waiting to talk to you. Ah.
Speaker 2: I bet you're waiting on pins and needles man, probably the high point of your day.
Speaker 4: It actually is.
Speaker 2: I'm so sorry, Bobes. Hope you have a better day tomorrow. Hey man, last time I saw you, you were driving down my road with the trailer hitched onto your truck. How did that go? I haven't spoken to you since they went good.
Speaker 4: Sounds sketches I didn't have. It wasn't registered.
Speaker 2: I know that's what you were emptying the entire thing, because you expected to get pulled over and the cops to take your to impound your trailer and they'll never get it back, and then it wouldn't be your problem anymore.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I got it down there. I stopped at uh between like Eagle Point and Medford to sleep. I just pulled it into some industrial parking lot. And again I had squeakers come up and try to mess with they they didn't try. They didn't mess with. The trolley went up and got up to the back of my truck. I had it kind of parked I could. I pulled it into angle so I could. I could see out the trailer window. I could see the pasture side of my truck, and I thought, these guys walk up by the tailgate in the back, and I started yelling and they took off. And then I was like, I can't sleep here. So I got out and I looked on the Google Google Earth, and I found like a look like a nice neighborhood, like figure lots and like big, bigger houses. And I went and parked there. And then crazy enough to be like, at five twenty in the morning, wasn't even light yet, this dude whips up a fired up a weed whacker right outside my trailer window. You'd like five feet from my head if I starts talking all loud, like talking to himself about uh, people parking in his neighborhood this and that it's crazy. And then at like six o'clock, like six fifteen it was, it was pretty light. Then he starts painting like new year thing on his fence and he's talking to his neighbor real loud, like referencing my trailer and you know, like how trashy that is and low class and you know, and they better they better not put on leaving it here will be gone. When he went inside the house, I just got out and throw down and I had to drive back into Medford and I went to a safeway.
Speaker 2: And you do like sleep in a safeway. I understand.
Speaker 4: I know this was awesome. I got back on the trailer. It I get in there. All of a sudden, here more weed wreckers and stuff or leaf flowers. The cleaning crew like that does the all those little islands with the with the garden stuff in the middle, like little trees and stuff like the parking lot. They're cleaning that up and then and then also uh leaf blowing the parking lot there. They started off like around my truck and they it was just so loud that they their truck was parked right in front of it, like I they wanted to park in the shade. I kind of gabbled up all the space at my truck and trailer and I was in the only space shaded stay Spik Sea for a long way away and it was pretty hot out. It was gonna be a hot day. I'll get some sleep by work in the shade. And then I got given out of that spot. But then, uh, I was looking for a place to jump jump it because I was like, I'm just gonna go home and put it on Craigslist. Thing come back up like the show up the next weekend. And I called by Bunny JG. He's a squatscher down there in Grabb's Pass and he I fed like a five acre piece And I said, if he's a construction guy a contact, And I said, I called up and say, do you do like a construction yard like some like this somewhere I can I can drop it for a week or something like that. It wouldn't be in the way and knowing like you know, do it or vandalize it. And he says, oh, we got plenty of room on our place and is bringing up here. And so I dropped it up there, and uh, I got it advertised for sale. I got people will tell me about it. So I'll probably go up there this weekend and saw it to whoever.
Speaker 2: That that's great. You have some hits on. Possibly somebody buying the trailer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, one day wants to live in it. It's gonna be a campsite host somewhere in del North County.
Speaker 2: Oh, that'd be a good u you know, a good after life for the trailer and.
Speaker 4: A good contact.
Speaker 2: They had a good contact. Yeah, totally, totally. But yeah, you know you love that trailer. You wanted to go to a good home exactly.
Speaker 4: I had one first cove and offered me a good price for it, but they uh defeated it for a while. They didn't care that if they got rained on it. You know, by the end of the winter, it was Vicky Moldy, They're coming only I'm only been there, you know, I'm not gonna even I'll be out there by Christmas the late probably be o there by. You know, I just needed temporary, cheaper than running a house or whatever. And I said, dude, I can't do it. You just ruined this thing, right.
Speaker 2: It's like a child. It's a child that lived in Oregon when he lived in California.
Speaker 4: You know, for the last years.
Speaker 2: That's great.
Speaker 4: It's still for sale though.
Speaker 2: All right, well maybe maybe there's a member discount.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, for sure off.
Speaker 2: After you raised Surprise thirty percent. You know, I I reached out to Brandon Tenant because I was saying, you know, we should do another Bigfoot and Beyond t shirt, and you know that trailer would be great for the for the art. So you know that picture I took of view standing in front of the trailer. I sent out the brand and I said, hey, man, can you do anything with this? Like I'm thinking make it into a black line Master with Bobo holding a flag or something like that, some sort of huge patriotic, over the top ridiculousness, and with Matt Prude and I in the window of the trailer like like we're trapped for you at mel or me and Mal being held Well, prote needs to be in there somewhere where would Matt be.
Speaker 4: There's a two windows in the door.
Speaker 3: I think you need mail like holding a shotgun, eat off my law.
Speaker 4: This should be a yeah, bell holding a shotgut of be like dragging the trailer with a rope like I'm just over my shoulder just hauling it off at gunpoint.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, maybe maybe maybe that idea, the art idea isn't dead yet. I don't know. I don't know listeners. Does that sound good to you? Like, shoot map pro and email if you'd be interested in picking up a shirt like that. I'd like some sort of limited edition Bobo's trailer's shirt.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And I think if there was ever a better advertisement for the Patreon, it's like, hey, if you're interested in Bobo's trailer, for five dollars a month, you can get twenty five percent off this trailer. So sign up at the link in the show notes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll deliver it on the West Coast.
Speaker 4: I found all the paper I found all the paperwork.
Speaker 2: Oh good, good, that's a that's a baby step towards legality. That's great. Yeah. No, Actually that that just shows you own and you're allowed to sell it, which is something that I think any prospective buyer would probably want.
Speaker 4: It's a bonus.
Speaker 2: You can't go around selling other people's stuff. So that so the trailer is in another temporary home and hopefully it'll be sold the next week or two. Help you. You hope you're going to keep us on top of that. And I'd like to hear about what happened to my old friend the trailer.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I got it.
Speaker 4: I got pressure. I got till the end of September, so I got but twenty days, plenty of time. Yes, I was gonna drop it with my friends in Van Oregon because I thought, like, you know, they're handing their outdoor, they're to camp and all that, and they have they have a piece of property that I go there. It's like a really nice house and a nice neighborhood. It's not a half acre. And it's like, well, if I redid it, you got to strip the top these new roof fladder that's like the main thing. You got to pull the seal each both those seal trips and red you know, scrub it down and then make it clean and reseal it be it'll be nice. It'll be you know, good to go for years. And the top though, like when you strip the top, it's like you need to be like somewhere like a cliff shop or something with like no wind so you're not blowing that stuff that's gotta be toxic, you know that when it's gotta be way toxic. So they had to they have like an organic garden and organic chickens, you know, egg laying in their yard, and so it would have been like all this you know, debris coming down and talk or stuff in their organic garden and chicken yard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know, the trailer is not that far out from being a really nice trailer. It just needs a little bit, It needs a couple of days of tender love and it'll be back to a really really nice trailer. So I think whoever it gets at it's gonna be pretty happy with it. It's definitely a you know, fix me up and fix it up a little.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, it should work. That's why it's so cheap because it's the Imperial de.
Speaker 2: Luxe package Dan Dunam the Empire.
Speaker 4: Uh, that's you can tell us an old trailer and the word imperial is like a.
Speaker 2: That's a good thing. Yeah yeah, it's not exactly a PC sort of thing. Well all right, hey, well you know what we actually jobbed to do instead of just catching up about the trailer. So why don't we hop on that. Get it together, push us, Matt, hurt us, hurt us like the kittens we are. Yeah, but it's a Q and A episode, which of course is some of our favorite things to do here in Bigfoot and Beyond. And we're taking questions directly from our audience. You can also ask questions of Cliff and Bobo and Matt if you choose to. You can go to Bigfoot and Beyond podcast dot com and at the contact button and send us o questions. You could even leave us a voicemail and we can listen to your voice on the air, which is also a lot of fun. And of course, the levely and talented Matt Prout will put these links down in the show notes below. But let's hop on the first voicemail and let's see what this person wants to know.
Speaker 5: Hey, y'all, this is Alan from Indiana and what I want to know is what's the coolest Bigfoot tattoo you guys have ever seen? I'm sure you've seen a lot of them over the years, whether it was one of your guys's faces or just Bigfoot himself. I love the show, you guys, keep it up, listen to it every week and it's fantastic.
Speaker 2: Have a good one, it's good question.
Speaker 4: That's the foolest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Bobo does have a really nice one, But why don't you describe your tattoo for everybody?
Speaker 4: It's a sasquat surfing on a log like an actual log that's what they used to call it. Log. They used to call a big long boards in the fifties and forties and sixties and stuff like that, they were called bogs, and big long long boards were called blogs. But it surfing a log. But it's like just a red wood log that fell down on the woods. It's like, you know, the piece of dead ball or something. It's getting barrel these it's a water view looking in towards the barrel of a squatch pulling in off of Patrick's Point, that place where I saw the UFOs right with some rain coming down. I was done by Kwana that. I just got down red Prest and then uh, it's up and humble and then Opie down Long Beach Opie.
Speaker 2: Rts Opie as in Long Beach dub All Stars. Yeah, no kidding, Okay, I didn't know that.
Speaker 4: He's well, he's a he did all the sublime art and like all these long guys tattoos. But I've seen some cool ones. Uh thost of them, though, like almost all of them are are Patty style, which is I mean. I've seen some like really nice detail ones, like guys about their whole backs like a forest, you know, like a Patty walking through the middle of the forest looking over the shoulder, looking back like fifty two frame. Uh, I tell of those, but I've seen a couple like I've seen some other ones that are that are really cool, but I can't none of them chip out the mine like mostly just like a child, like a squash of the space where standing there looking all aboff, or it's walking like tatty with all the ones I usually see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, when the North American big Foot Center first opened, we had an entire wall of bigfoot tattoos, you know, because Portland's kind of a tattoos sort of town, and we have some amazing entries, just amazing, beautiful, fantastic art, some really terrible ones at the same time, which I love. Bad tattoos or something that bad tattoos are right up there with bad taxidermy for me. I just love that stuff. Yeah, I totally love it. But you know, and of all the fantastic and beautiful arts and everything that I saw on our wall there at the NABC, the one that stands out to me the most was was on a dude named Dwayne. He it was just basically a patty thing, you know. He had the logs in front. It was it was walking the wrong direction, you know, it was walking from right to left and said the left to right like in the film. But other than that, there's basically a Paddy tattoo. But the differences is he had Bob Gimlin autograph his arm with a sharpie and then he went straight to the tattoo parlor and got Bob Gimlin's autograph on his arm.
Speaker 4: My buddy, how he got the works when I've ever seen what's that? He got a huge big foot on his arm walking kind of like the Patty walk a little bit, but the guys drew like especially like a hairy outline because it's just like an outline of it. But it looks like it looks like he just think drew electricity all over like in the shape like like just like a little electrical charges going around making the shape of a big foot. So we called it electro Man. We always heckle a electro man tattoo.
Speaker 2: Well, no wonder the bigfoots can zap people if that's the case. You know, I did see another tattoo and it's kind of tangentially bigfooty. It was at Cryptid con I think last year that that great event. It's coming up this year as well. I'll be speaking at it again. It's the weekend before Thanksgiving. It's in Kentucky. I think, Matt Prue, you're gonna be there, aren't you.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, it's one of my favorite events to attend.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be a good one. And of course the Mountain Monster guys go to that, and you know, say what you want about the TV show, it's super entertaining and everything like that. Over the top. And those dudes are not actors. They just turned it up to eleven. They're just a bunch of weirdos. And they're really really nice, sweetheart guys. Man, they would they would literally give you the shirt off their back. They're just lovely, lovely humans. But a woman came to Cryptid Con because the Mountain Monster guys were going to be there, and she came from Europe or something, if I remember correctly, I want to say Iceland or some I don't know, so like some European country if I remember correctly. And she came and she got them to autograph her her thigh, and then she went straight to the tattoo parlor and got them all autographed their faces out their faces, No, just just to autographs.
Speaker 4: Who's done both?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that'd be great.
Speaker 4: I had like a portrait of a signature underneath. That'd be all time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would be very very nice. Cut that out for good food something. I didn't want to cut that out.
Speaker 3: I'll cut that out. But just for the audience who only heard the bleep for the first time. I just wanted on the record for the first time. Bobo actually asked me to remove something instead looking at me for removing something. So we've definitely there's been a paradigm shift.
Speaker 2: You know, Melissa has a big Foot tattoo. That's right, Yeah, she got it before we were married. She didn't know what. She has a lot of tattoos on. She has a sleeve, so at least one of her arms is pretty pretty full with various tattoos of meaning for her. You know, she's got stuff for her dad on there, things reminder of her mom and that sort of stuff. And she actually got the Harraford cast tattooed on her on her arm just kind of as a reminder of her working on the Finding Bigfoot show. And then turns out that I eventually convinced her to marry me, so it ended up being a tattoo about me in a weird, sort of accidental way. That's fine, Yeah, yeah, yeah, tattoos are cool. I don't have any of myself, you know what the tattoo would I would get though, if I could get a tattoo, what I could, But I don't want a tattoo. I don't care. I don't care. I would get the you know, the Patterson Gimlins shot, you know with the arms out stretch frame three fifty two, sort of stuff with don Nott's face on it. But I'm not sure any artists could pull that off.
Speaker 4: And that'd be pretty pretty epic.
Speaker 3: I think we should have listeners submit pictures of tattoos. If you have a big Foot tattoo, you should send it a Bigfoot and Beyond podcast at gmail dot com or send it in via like one of the social media outlets, and then we can repost those.
Speaker 2: Stay tuned for more Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bobo. We'll be right back after these messages.
Speaker 4: Well, I got another unproductive question for it.
Speaker 3: Hey guys, my name is Daniel from Colorado, a big fan of the podcast and the Old Show.
Speaker 6: I'm just curious if anybody's read the book Devolution by Max Brooks.
Speaker 3: That book scared the but Jesus out of me, and I just wanted to know what your take.
Speaker 4: On it was. Thanks.
Speaker 2: Have you read that Bobo?
Speaker 4: No, I got it too. I got it like she's like two years ago now or something, and I'm going to read it, but I just haven't got to it like I always I should. I'm gooder than I haven't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I also owned the book, but I have not read it because honestly, I'm just not a fan of bigfoot fiction.
Speaker 4: Those real books I gotta read first.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, And Max Brooks was actually in town like two years ago. I'm doing a you know, a speaking circuit with his book or reader, the Devolution book, and I've said, you know, maybe I'll come to the museum because I'd like to meet him, and I was working every day at the museum at that point. But he never did come in, which first of all, shows me at what level of Bigfoot fandom he actually is. All Right, Hopefully it's just an oversight on his part, or perhaps he didn't have time. Hopefully it's something forgivable instead of something like, oh, I'm not going to go see the Bigfoot mcine, that's stupid. Even though I have a Bigfoot book out, I could forgive the other stuff because I didn't get crunched for time all the time.
Speaker 4: But still I heard from Bigfoot fiction it's great.
Speaker 2: For Bigfoot fiction, it's great. That's like saying, oh, that was a really really nice you know, I don't know, that was the best worst meal I've ever had.
Speaker 4: That's what Everhard McDonald's exactly, it was exquisite.
Speaker 3: I read the book. I thought it was great, you know, because I'll read Bigfoot fiction occasionally. But I did read his book World war Z, which was incredible, and so I was pretty eager to read Devolution, and I really enjoyed it.
Speaker 2: I did read a Zombie survival guide.
Speaker 3: Oh you got to read World war Z because it's basically, you know, a metaphor for a number of things, but a lot of like global politics, geopolitics, et cetera. But it's extremely well written.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 3: With Devolution, like I read the actual book, but then the audiobook became available and I listened to that on a road trip. And so they have different actors for the different roles. So it's a really interesting listen too. So if you like to listen to books, that one's interesting because it's not just a single narrator reading the whole thing. It's actually more like an old school radio drama.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just another one of these books that I haven't quite gotten to yet. I think I probably will read it eventually, despite my distaste for bigfoot fiction. But we'll see. I'm not there yet. I'm actually rereading some of the old classics at this moment.
Speaker 3: So I think the very best bigfoot fiction book ever written is called Cryptid by a guy named Eric Pins, and it's fantastic, And so if you like bigfoot fiction, I highly recommend that one, folks.
Speaker 2: All Right, Daniel, thanks for that question. I'm not a bigfoot fiction kind of guy, but yeah, maybe i'll get to it. I'll get to it based on your tacit recommendation. In fact, Daniel made me do it, So if it sucks, it's your fault.
Speaker 4: But Daniel, maybe do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. All right, let's go to the next question. We have any more voicemails or are we under the reading stuff.
Speaker 3: There's one last voicemail and then we'll move on to the written submissions.
Speaker 7: Hey, Cliff and Bobo, this is Kelly Collin. First of all, I'm a huge fan of y'all. I remember watching your first episode of Finding Bigfoot. The Georgia episode struck a chord with me because I'm also from North Georgia. Shatout of math crew, I preppy sure you're a Georgia boy. Yeah, y'all are great. I live in western North Carolina. Are there any particular squatchy places that I could go camping to potentially see some action? Thank y'all, Love y'all.
Speaker 4: Thank you well.
Speaker 3: With Western North Carolina, that's probably my favorite part of the country to do field research in. You could throw a dart at a map at western North Carolina and be a good habitat because that's sort of the heart of the temperate rainforest of southern Apalachia. But if you wanted a specific area, I would say, go to the upper Nanta Halo River Valley specific I'm going to camp Browns are up there. Camp so oh, quite a few. There's quite a few. So there's everything from like primitive camp to you know, single primitive camps to larger group camps with pit toilets and water, other amenities and things. So there's a lot of options there. But you really couldn't go wrong anywhere in the Pisca National Forest or the Nanta Halo National Forest or any of those places. But for me, particularly the upper nanta Halo River Valley has been one of the most productive places I've been hands down. You are, Oh, it's pretty far because yu Aari is almost like the central part of the state. You know that's going to be even like further east of Charlotte before you get to the Juari's.
Speaker 2: Now, it's the case out west, like on National forest land, you cant just camp wherever you want. You don't need permission, you don't have to pay anybody as long as you're okay with like quote unquote primitive camping. That's the case out there on National forest land, too, is it not.
Speaker 3: It really depends on the district. You should look at the district rules because some of them will allow dispersed camping, some of them won't. You know, the rules vary from district to district, And that's true if like on the Georgia side of the Chattahoochee National Force, when you're looking at certain ranger districts, or if you find yourself within a WMA inside of the national forest, there might be some different restrictions. So you really got to look and see if dispersed camping is permitted or if you need to be in a designated camping area, and if those camping areas require fees or reservation something like that. So it's always worth researching first. Wow, that's just unbelievable to me. I can't even imagine camping in a campground at this moment. That's unfathomable to me. Well, some areas are always under some sort of like protection, you know. I know for a while there were places that we're seeing an influx of invasive insects and a lot of that was coming in from firewood being brought from outside of the region, and so they would shut some of those places off to dispersed camping because they don't want to just people showing up and bringing in wood from wherever, and then they would reopen dispersed camping or primitive camping. So those things are always in flux and changing depending on whatever like the resource needs are at that given time, and so it's not always the case. And again I've just seen a lot of variants from district to district, so definitely research it first.
Speaker 2: Wow, the East is really different, man, Well it's not that different.
Speaker 4: I mean the guy down in those padres down there like a big shirt, he's how that place shut for like four and a half years.
Speaker 2: Well, that's why I don't go to Big Surrey either. It's too many people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I mean like they closed down, like like you came to get into like half the mountain areas because they say it's too dry for like even after it rained a bunch they said there was Oh now it's too unstable. There's been too much water with uh in Burnscar and the guy that runs a whether just keeps it hut shut.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Makes me very thankful I live where I live, because it's unfathomable to me to even camp within a half mile of somebody, let alone twenty feet thirty feet like in a campground. The guy, I'd make it a point when I go camping if I go to the bog or somewhere, you know, I drive around to make sure nobody else is there. And if there is somebody there and you've been to the bog, I mean it's probably three quarters of a mile or mile or something like that across. If there's somebody there, I leave. I just can't even imagine camping so close to people. I guess I'm spoiled the west. There's a lot of room out here, I guess so.
Speaker 4: But I guess.
Speaker 2: Back to Kelly's question, I mean, Matt Pruten knows the area better than anybody. I just listened to him. But I wouldn't camp that. My recommendation is don't camp where other people are.
Speaker 3: And obviously, the Upper Nancy Halo River Valley is one of the areas I'm willing to disclose my favorite spots I'm not going to talk about on a big podcast, but that is a really good area, and I've had interesting experiences almost every single time i've been there, and I've been there much less than I've been to many other places, and so you know, it'd be different if if I could say that about North Georgia. But the reality is I'm in North Georgia often a whole lot, and things don't always happen there versus like the small, smaller number of times that I've been to the Upper Nanta Halo River Valley going back to two thousand and six for specifically for field reason to have that many interesting things happen, It's like, Wow, that's a pretty active area. So I'm willing to share that one with folks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess the advice I would offer is look at the map where is close to you and find a cluster of reports and go there. I mean, it's the best advice for any bigfooter doing anything looking for prints or going out camping or whatever. Just find a spot that's close and start going there often. And you know, there's nothing wrong with day trips either.
Speaker 4: I know that.
Speaker 2: The know all the TV shows and stuff ours included make it seem like you have to do it at night. You do not have to do it at night. You can't see one during the day at night. By definition, Go during the day, go for a full day, wake up at eight in the morning, come back at date at night, that sort of stuff. Do that as well. Just go go outside, is my advice. Go outside and enjoy it. Man.
Speaker 3: It's so funny because it's such an active area. That for a little plug for our good friends and small town monsters and Seth Breedlove I did a film with them earlier. Hear that we filmed in April that just became available as of today on Amazon called On the Trail of Bigfoot the Ancients, and I told this story in that film. But it's funny that my dad was the local small town doctor where he was in North Georgia, and one of his longtime patients came in and this guy had no idea you know who I was or what I did, but he knew that my dad was an avid hunter and fisherman. This is just a couple of years ago before my dad retired, and he said, Hey, can I tell you something that I've never told anyone. I just want to know what you think about it. My dad was like, yeah, sure, and he said he told him about this encounter that he had while he was coon hunting, and you know, for all intents and purposes, it's a sasquatch encounter. And they didn't have a clear visual. They could see the silhouette of it, this big, giant man shape thing, but a lot of like vocalizations and intimidation displays. And he was like, I've never really told anyone, and I want to know what you think. My dad was like, well, you know what my son does you And guy had no idea, and so he gave my number, said this is who you should talk to about it. And it was happened in the seventies and it was in the upper Nantahala River Valley, right in the same spot where I like to go. So I thought, well, that's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: You know, you did mention small town monsters and there they are all good friends of ours, and they treat us really nicely, and there's fun, fun people in general, every single one of them. But I would want to point out that they just released something where we took We took Alex Pettakoff out Bigfoot and at one of our locations we found some prints and all that sort of stuff, and he made an hour long documentary out of it. I know he and Nico went out and then I think Dave and I went took him out into a different spot and and all that stuff was just released this past Sunday, I guess, or about a week ago when when this podcast will be released. It it's called it's one of those Bigfoot Beyond the Trail things that they do tracking the Sasquatch of Mount Hood is what it's called. And so it's on the small town Monsters page on YouTube for free, So go check it out. Go check it out and give some support to these guys. They're doing good work.
Speaker 3: I will put the link to that in the show notes.
Speaker 2: Oh thanks man, Thank you, Kelly. Yeah, thanks Kelly. That appreciate the question. And I wish I had Matt prod has a good answer, So it's always good to have a good answer for you instead of what we have to offer sometimes. So because North Carolina, I've only been there, watched a couple of times, you know, stay tuned for more Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bogo. We'll be right back after these messages. So well, yeah, let's go one of the written questions in but what you want to take? The first one?
Speaker 4: This message from sim Hammis I cliped Bubbo and Matt. I just came across your podcast this pot summer and it's been a great addition to my podcast listening. Many moons ago, I briefly met y'all at the final Bigfoot town hall in Mississippi. I tended to listen to counters. I'm a professional historian, and I found them the most interesting part of the show and still like reading or listening about them. I really wondered how you read it out the wild accounts to focus on the serious account encounters based when the crowd bloft that was a good clue.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, if we're talking about finding Bigfoot on the show specifically, a lot of those witnesses already vetted, which is really nice. I don't know how all these other TV shows do it, or even if they do it. Honestly, I don't watch them. I don't care all that sort of stuff. But I know that we had a huge advantage over any other show and any other sort of thing because we had Matt Moneymaker first of all, on the show, and he runs the BFRO, and the BFRO I think when we were doing the show, had something like seventy five thousand rob reports and you know, from all over the country and stuff. And Matt also has a network of investigators working in every corner of this of the country. Basically, so whenever if we knew we're going to say Mississippi, like where you're from, Tim or where you attended the town Hollies, if we're going to Mississippi, Matt would call the best investigators he had in Mississippi and said, hey, we're coming, and we're going to be there in March or whenever. What's the best spot, Where should we go? Where can you recommend what's been going on? That kind of stuff. So we had the best the best line of incoming fresh information. Plus in some cases, you know, fifty years of historical sighting reports. Maybe not fifty years in Mississippi because it's a little scant in Mississippi. Not the Bigfoots aren't there, it's just that there aren't a lot of investigators and historians and stuff working on the Bigfoot thing in Mississippi, at least or weren't when we were there. So we had we had a leg up on any other show that could possibly do this stuff because we had Matt on board. And even at that time, I had something like twelve or fifteen hundred sidings in my database, so and I know, and Bobo is just a social guy and he knows people all over the country, so we had a huge advantage. And so because of that advantage, a lot of times, especially with the BFRO stuff, some of these witnesses that already been vetted by the investigators, you know, and no investigators affect a course, and sometimes weirdos or hoaxers or stuff probably did slip through, but for the most part, we already kind of knew that most of these people were good witnesses. Now, of course, with the town hall meetings, that kind of a little hard to control because the town hall meetings. Yeah, sure, we had like two or three or usually about three witnesses that we knew were going to be there, that were hand picked and vetted. We knew these people were going to be there because at the end of the day, we have a TV show to make, we have to do something right, we have to film ole we're there. So we would make sure we had three people, three good witnesses in the audience that we could make a show with. But we never knew who was going to show up. And if some other witness came in and maybe with a photograph or a cast even or just an amazing story or something happened just a few days before, the production would bend over backwards to let us go do them. If such a witness came in, like if we said, oh man, that's a witness we're really interested in. That's the cool one, that's what we really want to do, the production would rearrange our schedule for the entire week and upsetting everything basically just to allow us to go do real Bigfoot investigations in a way that we wanted to.
Speaker 4: We crushed a lot of hopes and dreams. Like the she was like they told them for a week, you're gonna be gonna be on the show, that we'd go to town hall and like someone have a better survey, like smart. They'd be like just like really, A lot of times they'd be pretty upset. They're like, well, you ever came up to my place, Like, hey, this just popped up us up from like four days ago. Sorry, we got to go different spot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we We probably heard a lot of feelings, and of course production, even on a show like ours, wasn't always as kind as they could have been to the witnesses and whatever else, you know, and we apologize for any bad feelings, but luckily we're completely unaware of it, so I didn't, you know, I couldn't feel bad because I didn't know that we were crushing people's dreams. But but then again, that's that's what you get for real show. You know, at the end of the day, that's a real show. That that's one of the punches you have to take. If you really want a real bigfoot show, is that something came up three days ago. Well, of course we're gonna go do that. Of course we're going to go do that. And in many cases, if not most cases, I'd like to say all, but I probably isn't accurate. So I'm gonna say most cases they would let us if something happened three or four days ago, they would let us do a night investigation there too. So that's kind of how we vetted or we did out all the wild accounts and stuff, is that we in many cases we knew that we had some good, solid witnesses coming because Matt has a good, solid investigator in the area who's already looked into these things and has kind of set us up for success. But you know, if somebody came in and they had a great story, we might go with them, and then then we're just kind of relying on our own instincts in some ways. But we also wouldn't have chosen if they were not.
Speaker 4: You know, and speak for yourself, Cliff, I'm not wanting to crutch dreams and hopes.
Speaker 2: Well, I know I do speak for myself always, By the way, everything I say is my opinion, and even I don't agree with my own opinion sometimes. All right, so Tim, there's an answer for you. I hope it satisfies your curiosity. I hope you got what you want out of that one, and thank you very much for listening and also submitting the question. Let's go to the next written question, please, and this one's mine, I believe. So this comes from Matthew Herring Love the podcast. Always look forward to the new episodes. If and when the discovery of sasquatch is confirmed, where do you think the most likely area this will come from? No, sir, Well, North Carolina State University is what I think at this moment. Yeah, yeah, maybe not from the woods of North Carolina, but I think from the academics in North Carolina. I've been, you know, I've talked to Darby fairly fairly frequently, and there's some interesting things going on, nothing for sure or whatever, And of course he's really tight lift about it, so I can say whatever I want because I know nothing about it, but it sounds like there's some really interesting things and.
Speaker 4: The evidence's the stab will coming.
Speaker 2: From well, who knows, who knows? Who cares? Is my thought? Who cares? I'm an equal opportunity encourager North America. North America. Well, yeah, exactly, North America. My prediction me too, Yeah. I mean I know people who've sent samples in. I know fair number of people who sent samples in, and I think any any one of these, if you know, if the roll of natural twenty man something, you could get it, you could, we could get it. So we'll see, we'll see. But it is such a long shot to begin with without a really good sample like hair or tissue or something like that, and those are rare. And I mean I'm sitting on some I literally right now, I have an envelope full of weird hair that I found on broken branches out there that I got to send in. So who knows, who knows. I know people who have submitted stuff from Kentucky. I know people who submitted things from Oregon and Washington. So anything's on the table at this moment. Because sunsquatches irvy art, and what really takes more than a sasquatch is a dedicated field researcher who's willing to go put the miles under his or her boots and to treat the samples appropriately and to go the extra mile and send them in. But you know what I would prefer, which is not what Matthew asked, but I'm going to say it anyway. I have been quietly and not so quietly encouraging Michael Freeman to send in one of his father's hair. His father had collected a few hairs out in the Blue Mountains, you know, Paul Freeman stuff. And I think that Michael still has a hand like a little bit of this hair, and as say, can Michael.
Speaker 4: Send that in?
Speaker 2: Wouldn't that be amazing? Just a final up yours to the Bigfoot community. If Paul Freeman ended up proving sasquatches were real.
Speaker 4: Not the Bigfoot community, certain members of the Bigfoot community.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, certain members of course, Oh you know. I mean I wouldn't be offended of Paul Freeman, but the people who would be, how it just be so beautiful and ironic and class. It was just a big up yours from Paul Freeman. Beyond the grave. We'll see. We'll see. Michael's are one of my best friends. So I'm going to continue pushing him to do that. But I can also understand his reluctance as well.
Speaker 4: So I should just put it in there. If it comes through, then yeah, it's great.
Speaker 2: Yeah it's his dad's stuff, and you know, his dad's gone and maybe wants to hold onto a little bit.
Speaker 4: Of it, you know.
Speaker 2: So I don't know.
Speaker 4: But if it's just reindeer hair or whatever, you know, I mean, it's they don't have those in the blues. I'm just saying, whatever it is, it would be good to know, I mean, because if it is it, that'd be awesome. Yeah, that's like two. I don't want to look through a thermal image roup the widgit because they want to imagine what they're seeing.
Speaker 2: Right exactly. Oh yeah, there's a there's an epidemic in the Bigfoot community where I don't collect evidence because that's not my thing. In other words, to say it differently, I don't collect evidence because I would rather have a story that can't be disproved. Yeah, as long as you don't share your evidence, then whatever you say is is true to you. But if you share your evidence that somebody like somebody shoots it down, then well then you then you then you have a moral conundrum on your hand. Do I continue purporting that this is a sasquatch or do I just you know, say what's actually true. Yeah, and there are many people on both sides of that fence in the bigfoot community as far as I can tell, So we'll see. But anyway, yes, where where's going to come from? North America is the best answer to that one, But it could be anywhere. It could be anywhere it'd be. How crazy would it be if it came from I don't know, like Maryland or some or some completely unsquatchy state that has a couple of big foots in it, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that'll that will help people take it more seriously, write off the bat like some place they never like Rhode Island. We got forth from samples that turn out to be real from Rhode Island. People like what that ma could be more than incredulous?
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, But I do know that the folks at North Carolina State University are going way above and beyond I think, which is fantastic and all their efforts, and also they're there there, their protocols, their protocols are like they're being really really conservative with all of this. So when if if they do, or in my opinion, when they do, because I'm an optimist, you know, to a point in ivit. But if and when they do get the hit, it's gonna be very very hard to question them. And so they've already thought ahead in this regard and kudos to them. And again, everybody, man, if you're sitting on a sample and you're kind of wondering what it is, by all means, send it in, Matt. Can we put that link in the show notes as well, just in case somebody is tuning in for the first time and they have a big old wat of Bigfoot.
Speaker 3: Airror done?
Speaker 2: Thank you so much, Thank you so much. Yeah, if you have a sample of anything and you think it's big, but my god, send it in. Why would you hold it? Why would you sit on it? There's no reason to do so. Yeah, let's get this thing done, man, so we can start learning about them a little bit more. All right, next question, Bobs, you want to take?
Speaker 4: Then we got Lowell Wilkinson, Hey, Cliff, and Bobo. I was wondering when were you, guys, when when you got to another episode when you guys watch Finding Bigfoot. Those are really entertaining and interesting to listen to. They even keep it squatchy. I hated doing those. I don't know I don't think they worked that great.
Speaker 3: Someone was texting me about that the other day, because those were like some of the most divisive episodes. I thought it was a really fun challenge because you know, we would record the whole thing in real time and it had to be released in real time. Well, the challenge was that I had to take the real time version and then edit it into ones for commuters, for people who couldn't watch along, and so they would just get all the facts, like, oh, yeah, when we filmed the scene where X, Y and Z happens, here's a behind the scenes story of how that came about, and you know what happened off camera. And so I enjoyed that. But they were so divisive because we would get tons of emails and people like I absolutely love these, like Lowell here, and then emails from people that are like, I absolutely hate these. There were no middle ground. So no other episodes or sorts of guests or formats have been that divisive. So we stopped doing it. But I thought it was a lot of fun, and I liked doing the two versions, one that people could watch along and one just for the commuters or the listeners. But I don't know if we'll bring those back. My original plan if you guys remember when I piss it is, I thought, man, wouldn't it be funny to do I watch along to some bad Bigfoot b movie and it would be like a comedy commentary like Mystery Science Theater three thousand or Riff Tracks or something. And then it was you guys said like, well, why don't we do that with finding Bigfoot episodes because then there'll be more insight. And so I thought it was super fun, but not all of the audience did.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: There must be something in the air, perhaps the water, because just a one day ago on Twitter, this dude named Blake Logan on Twitter he reached out to all three of us big fold be on podcasts and then Bobo and I says, putting in my official requests for finding Bigfoot watch alongs on the podcast.
Speaker 3: We get those all the time. On Man, there was a comment like that on Instagram just the other day. Someone's like, Hey, are you guys going to do the watch along commentaries ever again? And so it's really divisive, like again no middle ground. People either really really love them or people are like, God, I hate these, I can't I don't know why you do these, and it was really pretty fifty to fifty, and so you know, maybe we could ask the patrons and if they wanted something like that, we could do it just on the member side, and in that way we have more of the audience that's in support, you know, if we were to poll or something like that. But they were fun to make. Now that they're all behind a different paywall, like I guess there's still Discovery Plus, but they're also on Max. Nonetheless, they're all behind a paywall, so you'd have to subscribe somewhere. So it would require listeners to have a different service, or at least a pre existing service that they're paying for in order to watch along, and that makes it a little difficult versus if you know, there's a lot of bad, bigfoot beat movies that are just free on YouTube, and so those, you know, you could do because anybody could watch along. But with these, it's like a smaller audience because of the paywall and then of the existing audience that we have. I said half of.
Speaker 8: Them didn't like it for some reason, and I guess half the hosts didn't like it, you know, Ruttand yeah, I don't care, I do I think Bobo enjoyed doing it.
Speaker 2: Some people love to hate as well.
Speaker 3: I have to go back and listen to him because I thought you had fun doing those.
Speaker 2: Now I I'd love to hate too, Don't get me wrong. Like when when something really irks me, I love to complain and gripe about it and stuff I really do. So that's not It's not a slam on you, bobs, but.
Speaker 4: Hold my tongue.
Speaker 2: Oh I hope you're wearing gloves.
Speaker 4: I did it with a flyers.
Speaker 2: Flyers.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 2: Stay tuned for more Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bobo will be right back after these messages. Okay, let's set up the next question here. Then this one comes from Willard Glenn Atkinson. It seems that trail cameras almost never collect bigfoot activity, yet almost all researchers are using them. Aren't they just a waste of time?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I don't know. It's it's like it seems like hardly anybody ever gets pictures on their cell phone of bigfoots, Like why bother using them? Because you might? And I know for me in my use of trail cameras, I also am interested in what animals are there like one of the questions that came up recently is are bears and sasquatches, you know, mutually exclusive so to speak, Like, I know that some people think bears are an indicator species of the presence of sasquatches because they're the other big omnivore here in North America. But a researcher friend of mine says that, you know what, Cliff was interesting. I find actually in my areas, I'm finding more big foot footprints than bear footprints, which is, you know, a pretty crazy thing to be claiming, but it's true. I've been out to his area, it's true. And that made me start wondering, like I wonder when the bigfoots are in the area, if the bears leave the area, Like if the sasquatches the presence of bigfoots in the area are just pushing the bears out, and therefore, could the opposite be true, Like where there's a lot of bears in an area, would be that is that an indicator that bigfoots would not be in that area at that time. So I think that that is a really interesting use of trail cameras to try to note what animals are present when the bigfoots are there or not. And of course whether you get a picture of a bigfoot or not, it doesn't really matter. But there might be footprints around, or you might get vocalizations or some other indicator of their presence. And also people do get pictures of bigfoots on trail cameras, they really do. So if you don't have them out, if you don't deploy your trail camera, that is one hundred percent perfect way of making sure you never will get a bigfoot on trail camera. What is you know, one of the basketball guys. You miss one hundred percent of the shots you don't take, you know, Michael Jordan or whoever said that, I don't know. You miss one hundred percent of the shots that you don't take. Well, you miss one hundred percent of the bigfoot pictures that you that you when you don't deploy a trail camera.
Speaker 4: I think they avoid them for sure. I think the people are putting in those Faraday wraps now, I think that could help a lot.
Speaker 2: But you've seen pictures of trail came trail camera bigfoots, you know. Yeah, And every trail camera picture of a sasquatch that I have personally seen, that I think is real. It's always on the cheap cameras. It's always on one hundred dollars jobbers, you know, like these hundred dollar moultries and stuff always, And it's certainly a numbers game because there are just so many more of those out than there are the really high end ones and all that other stuff. Well high end was that like one hundred and fifty buck raconics and stuff.
Speaker 4: Other branches has your hot that are great that you go straight to your phone for like one hundred and fifty bucks and you can program in what human size or like human shape, like bipedal, you can you can filter out. I don't know if you want to filter flagger pads because but you can set up like we'll set up for up. It will set up. I don't care about why. I's just set up for humans. They have like a human setting that could pick up a sasquash.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess that would be true, But I would want to know what everything is out there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we too, looks like there's moths flying by setting it off five hundred times a minute.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's true. Or yeah, or wind triggers. But then again I got into wind triggers too, so I can reset the camera, right. But no, I don't think trail cameras are a waste of time. I think that they're a really interesting tool that can give you a lot of contextual information at the very least, the very least, and you know, here's here's something for people to try. I mean, I think I've said this before. Lots and lots and lots and lots of big Footers claim that SaaS squatches come into their camp after they go to bed and wander around and touch things and whatever else, right, lots of them. It's just one of these self perpetuating myths, in my opinion, and myths doesn't necessarily mean it's not true, by the way, Just like one of these stories you know that gets perpetuated in the Bigfoot community. Well, guess what. You could put a camera in the middle of your table, on your picnic table or whatever you have out there, or on your vehicle, amongst other human like things that probably wouldn't turn a sasquatch off at all because they're coming into look at human like things. So that's a great way to deploy trail cameras, and it's also a great way to test this hypothesis, which is all it really is at this moment, that bigfoots come into the camp after you're in the tent and play with your stuff. You know that's on the table because if you have a camera out, you will catch you a bigfoot doing that at some point, or it could just be raccoons that you're misinterpreting as bigfoots. And I think that's an important thing. Everybody should be questioning these truths that we hear in the bigfoot community without any evidence to support them. There's nothing wrong with being skeptical about what everybody else thinks is real, right, And that's one of the things that I've been testing, is like when I go camping and if I have a couple of trail cameras with me, and I usually do, I put them on human things inside a camp and looking outwards. And the worst thing that has happened so far is I get a picture of me peen in the middle of the night that I just erase it.
Speaker 4: Here's the last question the sorm Sean falk Hey, Cliff, and Bobo. With my encounter, I remember to supply two things, what the creature looked like and what it smelled like as a deer hunter. I tried to mask my scent to avoid being detected. Everyone tried to mock up a sasquat scent based on the area of the setting and use that to become possibly more approachable, keep it squatchy. So I used to jump into the old pull the lid up, you know, the lid, and jump down in the twilet seat and jump down inside the port of potty and pay down there and get good and reeking come out. But it didn't really work too good.
Speaker 2: I'm glad that was before I started camping with you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I thought it was going to work like a charm, but I never did that. But how could you? How could you? I mean, it'd be so hard to it'so like a squatch or osby watering so bad, Like I don't know if you even could, Like, how did you mimic that?
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know. Bambineck did. Bambeneck did a pretty decent job with his sasquatch pheromone chips from osmic research. But the sasquatches that I have smelled that I'm confident we're sasquatches. There's a couple other things that may or may not have been. The three that I have smelled are pretty close, you know, about seventy five percent similar to Bambeneck's chips and everything. So I don't know, I don't know. Yeah, so people have tried it, and whether or not it works is kind of up for grabs. I know that they deployed one of those chips and on the Skukum Cast expedition and they got the scuffem cast, so I don't know if that played a part in it or not. But some people have tried that sort of thing, and I used to try it, but then it just makes me just is my car stink? You know, Like those chips are pretty nasty. But other than that, I don't know. But I don't think sasquatches are super you know, scent oriented anyway. Being being apes as they are just like us, you know, they're they're they're very visual, I believe, but also a sasquatches, I think they're very auditory as well. I think that a lot of what they do is based on their hearing. Hearing in sight are the two things that I think that they clew into most probably not smell so much, although although now that i'm saying it out loud and thinking about it. Chris Minniere a good friend of ours. He was on the Finding Bigfoot show. He was a great investigator down in the Eugene area kind of. He helped me with the Mattress prints. He helped me with the London tracks. He's a great guy, super fun. The night he saw his sasquatch, he took a bandana I believe, or you know, some towel anyway, but like a bandana and soaked it in What is that really? Really inexpensive? After shape?
Speaker 3: Is it a aqua velva?
Speaker 2: Aqua velva? There we go, that's what I Yeah, he soaked it in aqua velva and just hung it up in a tree and let the wind carry the scent. And apparently that was enough to bring in a sasquatch. So that's not a sasquatch smell. I'm not saying bigfoot smell like aquavelva. But I think that if you put an interesting scent out there, that are interesting stimuli, any you know, sensory organ out there, the sasquatch might just come in and check it out, like won, what is that? Because they are smart, you know, they're pretty smart. Animals and when they come in, you know they're going to be curious about stuff. So but then against so we'll bears by the way. So heads up on that.
Speaker 4: Did you see the people that came out recently about how much better humans to smell than we thought? Like that, there's like they're not thirty aland times better, smaller like they don't have we have way more like we have way more in common sense receptors that we thought. It's just their brain processes, like eighty times better, like the way their brain works.
Speaker 2: No, send that to me, I'd be interested in that.
Speaker 4: I gotta find it again. It was you know, it was about humans, humans and other primates. We just overload our braind with other stuff. But our sense of smell is actually pretty pretty good, actually better than we thought.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know that the other ape species have basically the same you know, sense of smell we do, but we've domesticated ourselves and kind of dulled our senses in a lot of ways, so that plays into it well anyway that I guess that was the last question. But we have a whole members episode to go record right now, where our members on our Patreon account can ask us questions, and we do their questions pretty much every single week because we get a lot of questions from them. And I even understand that one of our patrons left a voice message for us, which is cool. So we're going to get to that in the members episode in just a few minutes here.
Speaker 3: So I should clarify because we for the listeners, because we've got a few emails and I was like, ah, I thought it was obvious, but maybe I should clarify. Is that, you know, we record these in a single sitting, so every week, you know, we put out a main episode on Monday and a bonus episode on Thursdays, and we record those two episodes in one sitting, and occasionally we get an email from someone like, oh, hey, I heard you guys say at the end of the episode you were going to the member section, but then nothing popped up, and so they should understand what in our world we're going over to record a different session for the members. But if you're a member, you will get that on the Thursday after you hear this episode on the Monday. So just to clarify, I.
Speaker 2: Don't think you should spoil the magic like that and say that we record them all in one sitting. Can we just say that the Big One Beyond is paranormal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we record them outside of time and space.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, we go into a portal, we hold hands with big foots, go into a portal and then record and actually we don't even record on a computer. We just do it via mind speak astral plane.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 3: If that were true, our guests, you know, our guests would be like Carl Jung and Bruce Lee if I could help it.
Speaker 2: That red light recording symbol, it's actually.
Speaker 4: Just an orb. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Our guest this week is John Green.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Yeah, we're done. Let's go record the member section, and if you want to be a member, you can go to Big Fit and Beyond podcast dot com hit the membership links and you can join us and get an extra hour of content every single week. You can also get this episode you just now listened to with zero commercials. I understand. Matt even goes through and pulls out the read things that we that aren't really inserted. I'm not sure how the ads work or whatever. Some of them are like put in by computers depending on where you live, and other ones we record ourselves. I have to understand Matt Prude is now pulling those out to make sure you have the most seamless, ad free experience you possibly can on our podcast.
Speaker 4: So thank you, Matt yep, thank you Matt. All right, folks, and thank you for listening. Hit like, hit share, spread the word, and until next week, y'all keep it be honest, squatchy.
Speaker 2: Well brung one.
Speaker 6: That's not just squatchy, oh fie, pick that out for it now, keep it in you guys are just talking about so maybe think all right, all right, folks, que squatchy.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to this week's episode of Bigfoot and Beyond. If you liked what you heard, please rate and review us on iTunes, subscribe to Bigfoot and Beyond wherever you get your podcasts, and follow us on Facebook and Instagram at Bigfoot and Beyond podcast. You can find us on Twitter at Bigfoot and Beyond that's an N in the middle, and tweet us your thoughts and questions with the hashtag Bigfoot and Beyond.