Speaker 1: Fifty five k r c V talk station. Dan Carroll in for Brian Thomas. Tuesday, it's tax Day, got to get your taxes in and good morning at TATO five.
Speaker 2: Glad to be here.
Speaker 1: Brian Thomas taking the week off and I am here today, Wednesday and Thursday, and then I believe Kevin Gordon will be filling it on Friday, so we are all looking forward to that.
Speaker 2: We are reaching out to our guests right now.
Speaker 1: Cheryl Chumley is the online opinion editor and a commentary writer. She's an also an author, a speaker, a Christian mother and just an all round great guest and always want my pleasure to welcome Cheryl Chumley to the show. And Cheryl Chumley, well, welcome to Tax Day twenty twenty five. I'm sure you're you're feeling chipper ready to write that giant check to the.
Speaker 2: Federal government, aren't we?
Speaker 3: All right? It's such an a merit.
Speaker 1: Do you think we should have that the tax day should also be election day? People talk about that every single year, that you were always reminded of how much money you're sending to the government on this day every year.
Speaker 3: I think from.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Sean McMahon, let's let's try and re establish contact with her, because that was that was not good. So Sean McMahon is going to make a phone call and uh and and get back with Cheryl. Hopefully we'll get a we'll get a better line of better contact because uh, that that was not good.
Speaker 2: That was not good at all.
Speaker 1: But as I mentioned, she is the online opinion editor at the Washington Times. She's a Christian, a writer, and just a fantastic person to talk to. And I think let's see if we got a better connection this time. And Cheryl Chumley, there you are, and we were talking our tax day. Yeah, And I always find it interesting this time of year. There's always those who suggest that election day should always be on on this day, on the fifteenth, so we're reminded of, you know, people that were electing and how much money we're sent into the government at the same time.
Speaker 4: Well, that certainly is one way to go about it. I actually think we should have a day of national mourning where we're all allowed to take day off from mark and just sort of lick our wounds and reflect.
Speaker 1: Well, if college kids can take the day off because they don't like the way an election goes certainly we can take the day off and you know more and all the money that we've parted with that goes to the federal government. Let me get your opinion. I want to get your opinion on this, the whole saga going on over the tariffs and China and all the rest of it, and not really all the ins and outs of the tariffs. But I think one of the things I find interesting about this is that there is such a difference of opinion, especially not just between the right and the left on this, but those who are on the right those There are so many people who support Trump that have come out with honest disagreements about his approach to tariffs, the way he's rolling this out, whether or not it's going to be successful. The opinions on this really run the entire spectrum. And I think that is a testament to at least the attempt at honest debate that those of us on the right one a half. And it's to my way of thinking, it's refreshing in a way because when it comes to the left, no matter what it is, we constantly see them circle the wagons and protect and recite the exact same narrative, but at least, you know, those of us on the right can honestly and openly state our disagreements with a particular policy, and then you know, at the end of the day move on and try and do with the ultimate goal being what's best for the country.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's honest debate based by each side, right, And I agree with you wholeheartedly that within the Republican Party, among the conservative community right now, there are very different opinions with what Trump is doing with the tariffs.
Speaker 4: But I am personally one hundred percent in favor of.
Speaker 3: What he's doing because I'm.
Speaker 4: Not looking at my frow k, right, I'm not looking at what's going on in Wall Street. I'm looking down the line the future of America, both national security and economic independence. And we need to bring back our manufacturing, particularly in certain key areas of the economies, back to America. And Donald Trump is really taking a courageous stand here by being the.
Speaker 3: President who right and is pushing.
Speaker 4: Forward for the internal disputes in his own party. Even so, it's it's really a long term strategy that's going to benefit America for decades.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the national media was trying to roll out a new narrative over the last few days. And I don't know how much traction this one is going to get, but they were trying to make the case that if Donald Trump brings back all this manufacturing into the United States, and Jonathan carl was essentially he used the term, are we going to become a nation of cobblers? Because you know these factories, you know, all they do is make is make cell phones, and they make Nike shoes and as if you know, these are the kind of jobs that are beneath Americans and really don't you know, equate to their definition of the dignity of work, and that Donald Trump wants to belittle American people by having, you know, these types of factory jobs available for the American people.
Speaker 2: I don't know if they're going to get much traction on that, on.
Speaker 1: That narrative, but they certainly we were trying that out over the last couple of days.
Speaker 4: It's a desperate play, right to doing this administration. You know, when you said that about a nation of cobblers, the first thing.
Speaker 3: That's sprung to my mind was so what so what I mean?
Speaker 1: Work is work? Really?
Speaker 5: And if you are an American with impact in your mind, you don't mind putting in the time in all kinds of jobs. When I'm on my point here, look at the jobs I held.
Speaker 4: I've worked in factories, on assembly lines, I've worked in dry cleaners.
Speaker 3: I've worked some of the crap jobs out there.
Speaker 4: But that's part of being an American and learning the value of hard work.
Speaker 6: And then when you.
Speaker 4: Do that, you realize your success and it means more. Right, we're raising a generation of youth in America to look at work as if it's something dirty, if it's something to be avoided. But that's not how it's supposed to be as part of the human experience. Right, You're supposed to work hard, and then when you achieve success, it means something. So bringing back manufacturing to America, first off, it's good for the country, but those are decent, high paying jobs. And with the also comes the sort of skilled craftsmanship that we used to have in America instead of just cookie cutter, low paying wage. You know, people who construction, people who throw stuff up. We have people who actually look at those trades with value and they develop a craftsmanship with it.
Speaker 3: That's all good for America.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's all good. And when you look at it.
Speaker 1: There's so there's so many moving parts on this, and I think of a juggler, you know, And I've seen these jugglers at circuses and they've got, you know, three balls, and then ten balls and then fifteen balls, all one at the same time. And when I look at this situation, I sort of see that that's the situation right now. Trump hasn't even been in office three months yet, and you've got all these moving parts that are going on, and Trump has set all these different things in motion, and things look like they're going one hundred different directions. But yet when you listen to the national media, they are of the opinion that none of this is working because we don't have any results yet. And when you talk about a giant ship that needs to be turned around, you don't get a more giant ship than the United States economy. And turning that around is going to take, I would suggest, a lot longer than three months. And it is beyond ridiculous to sit there and try to convince people that we should be seeing bottom line results in such a short span of time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Trump, Sis, the brilliant strategy right is working as the puppet mass pulling a straight air sur there. Right, then you've got time MAGA types in the meat just playing a whack a mole game of trying to gain hid every which way they can.
Speaker 3: And you have those in America who.
Speaker 4: Are worried about their own financial their own financial soundness, which very valid, right, but they also have to understand that the media is purposely hyping the hysteria over what Donald Trump is doing and purposely ignoring the long term gains that his strategy will bring for political reasons, simply to destroy this administration, destroy Maga, and to go back to a time in America where it was a Chinese system of communist capitalism that was being steamrolled at the bequest of the World Economic Form threw the White House into America's economy. So there's a faction in America that is purposely trying to use Donald Trump's strategy against him. I think most Americans, though, are on the side of what Donald Trump is doing because they see the sense. They see the sense of bringing back prescriptions right manufacturing to America and what he's doing with chips one of the greatest things that I've seen come out of the White House in years. We need to bring back chips assembly and manufacturing to America. That is definitely a national security issue.
Speaker 1: Yeah, chips, rare earth minerals, pharmaceuticals, all the rest of it. We cannot be beholden to these companies and subject to the whims or supply chain issues. And you know there's a China said the other day that it's going to put a pause or temporarily stop shipping rare earth minerals not only to the United States, but to other countries around the world. And we just can't let ourselves fall victim to that sort of whim in the future. Chayl Tomley, stay right there. We've got to get a quick break in here, and we will be back with you momentarily. So let's go ahead and do that, and we will continue on pitch K the Talk station.
Speaker 2: Fifty five KRC, the talk station. Are you looking for a peaceful place?
Speaker 1: For eight nineteen on this Tuesday morning, Dan Carroll for Brian Thomas, continuing our conversation with Cheryl Chumley, the online opinion editor of The Washington Times. And Cheryl Chumley, did you happen to see the meeting in the Joval office yesterday with the President of Al Salvador and Donald Trump is there.
Speaker 2: You know, he's got all the media in there.
Speaker 1: He's fielding questions and you know they're talking about this dude that got deported and all the rest of it, and Caitlin Collins is, you know, trying to pin down Trump. And I just thought it was great because you've got Marco Rubio in there, You've got Pambody in there, You've got Steven Miller in there, and Jay Evans was there, and Donald Trump is not afraid to toss it out to someone who may have more expertise than him to handle these different questions. And I thought the way Marco Rubio laid it out was just fantastic. And if you look at Marco Rubio, I think that guy's just been doing a great job.
Speaker 6: So far, hasn't he though. Okay, so first off, I didn't see it, but.
Speaker 3: I've read the headline and I've read a little bit about it.
Speaker 6: But Marco Rubio is, without a doubt, one of the strongest members of Donald Trump's administration. And I just think back when he and Donald Trump are going at it on the campaign trail. It's just it really speaks so highly of both Donald Trump and Marco Rubio and many in the Republican Party itself who are able to push aside petty politics to come together for the greater good of America first. And it's just it's amazing to see Marco Rubio defend this nation. He's strong, he's dead on with his communication, his bullet points, he's unafraid, and honestly, he's emerging as presidential material himself.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: He wrote an op ed for the for Fox that I read yesterday on the air, and it was it was just it's so plain spoken, it's so brilliant, it's so easy to understand, and that there's no equivocating whats so on or whatsoever. And he's essentially saying, look, these are the policies of the United States, these are the policies of this president, and that is and these are the policies that we're going to follow. That's the bottom line, no ifs ands or butts. And I mean, he really is acquitting himself quite well and making the trumpet really I think making you know, it's like when Reagan was president. Reagan always talked about how it was important to surround yourself with people who are smarter than you in different areas because you can't be an expert on everything. And I think Trump, once he finally got that message, has really put a lot of good people around himself.
Speaker 2: This time around.
Speaker 6: He has and sticking with Marco Rubio for a second, you know, when he first emerged in politics and he made his presidential run and he was trying to move up the political ladder, he struck many times to me watching him as a little bit angry and sometimes even petty, a little bit uncontrolled with his emotions, too ready to get in the fray, to get in the dirt and so forth. And now it just seems like every time I hear him, see him, listen to his words, he seems very statesmanlike and it's just it is refreshing. It's not just Marco Rubio. Donald Trump has really picked some great people to surround himself with this time. And I think this is why he's having such great success, because the opposition sure hasn't turned down, right, The opposition is still as present and as vigorous as it was from his first administration.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I saw the other day a side by side video of Janet Yellen and then you know, talking about uh, you know, economic Treasury policy. And then I saw, you know, the other side was Scott the scent you talk about night and day. It's it could it couldn't have been any more different. I don't have you seen the video that Bill Maher put out after his dinner with Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: And Kid Rock. I took not the whole thing, Yeah, but it's it's it's amazing.
Speaker 1: And I'm you know, I'm going to give props to Bill Maher for coming out and talking honestly about what he saw at the White House and and what his interaction with Donald Trump is like. And I find it interesting that a couple of days after, you know, he know, he talked about his revelations and his his time his conversations with Donald Trump, that he's being criticized from those on the left who are calling him a sellout or a useful idiot for Trump and a propagandas for Trump, because he's giving his honest assessment of what his time in the White House with Trump is.
Speaker 2: And I think this is, you know, even.
Speaker 1: More of a reveal of what the left is really like when it comes to people being honest and trying to have an honest you know, they're always the ones to talk about we have to have an honest discussion or an honest conversation about these sorts of things. But when you try to do that, they're the ones that always do everything they can to shut it down.
Speaker 6: Yes, and I do agree that he does get, you know, kudos for him for meeting with Trump in the White House and then coming out and reporting accurately, even though it put his own prior views in a bad light on what he experienced at the White House. But on the other hand, I'm kind of you know, I look at him and I think, well, where were you all this? You know, Trump hasn't exactly changed. What happened is that he was willing, right that Bill Maher himself was willing to give the guy a chance and to move past his own internal biases and step outside his own troll like bubble that has become the Democrat Party, a bunch of marching Marxists all beating the same drum. Right, he was willing finally to give this president a chance. But had he been willing to do that in you know, twenty sixteen to twenty twenty, then he may have been seeing a different tune back then as well. So it's sort of like, yay, you know, good for you, but where have you been?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Good point.
Speaker 1: So Cheryl Chumley will let you go. But before we do that, are you feeling are you feeling better? Are you feeling more empowered as a woman today? Now that Katie Perry and Gail King and Jeff Bezos' girlfriend took their trip up into space, and you know, with the historic flight of six women up in the space capsule, I'm actually feeling.
Speaker 6: A little bit jealous. I wish I could have been on that place. I don't know about empowered, more jealous.
Speaker 2: Cherald Chumley, always great having you on.
Speaker 1: I always appreciate it, and best of best of luck with all the books and all the other things you have going on. And until the next time we have a chance to talk again, I'll really look forward to it. But Cheryl Chumley, thank you as always.
Speaker 6: All right, thank you, Happy Easter.
Speaker 2: All right, I have you.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much, Cheryl Chumley of the Washington Times on fifty five KRC, the talk station fifty five KRC