Speaker 1: Something you should go. Something you should know is brought to you by Genesis gooldira dot com. That's also something you should know. You can put your retirement plan. I'm the gold Standard. Learn more and get a free gold and Silver guide at Genesis gooldr dot com. Excited to have a guest in the studio right now, Joe with Shift Garage. You guys have a party tomorrow, don't you, Yes, sir, we do. It's a big touch a truck block party. And first of all, let's talk about Shift Garage and then we're gonna chat about the event. Shift Garage has been around how long now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've been around. Actually we started in Rapid City about fourteen years ago, but we've been in Sioux Falls since twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Very cool, and this is a little different than most garages that people hear of. You guys are like connected to a nonprofit, is that right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? We are a nonprofit garage and now dealership. Actually, so we're focused on helping people, single moms, people living in poverty achieve reliable transportation through either of the repair of vehicles that they own or getting a vehicle if they don't have one already.
Speaker 1: There are so many times where that vehicle issue can cause a huge ripple effect and could be a big, big problem. So if I can't get to work, now, I lose my job. Now I don't have a job. Now I lose my house, now I don't have a place to live. I mean, it just keeps going and not down a good path. So I love the fact that you're doing this. This is a really neat thing. How long have you been with Shift Garage?
Speaker 2: I actually started it, Yeah, so it was my idea. And then when I started, the idea of nonprofit garage was kind of a unique idea. Yeah, that's been done more now, but the idea of a nonprofit dealership is still a very fresh idea.
Speaker 1: And that's a fairly new thing, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah for us, we started very very late twenty three, so yeah, still a really new concept. But getting people in reliable vehicles, getting people with tough and rough credit, very reasonable financing, and getting them into something that they can use. Cause, like you said, when your car breaks down, you're using that to get to work, to make money to improve your life. So it's a tool, it's something you need. Yeah, absolutely, So the fact that you guys do.
Speaker 1: What you do is a little bit unique, but it's really fun and people can actually stop by tomorrow during the event and learn a little more. Is everything in swou Falls all in one location or you kind of scattered around to different places.
Speaker 2: Or yeah, we're all in one spot. We're right there, kind of a tenth and Kuanas so one ten South Guantas just south of Thunder Road right there.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. And the car dealership and the garage you're all in one spot there. Yeah, yep, very very nice. So tomorrow is the Touch of Truck. Let's talk a little bit about that. What time does everything start and when is it wrap up?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's from ten am to two pm. And this is just kind of our gift to the community. We just want people to know that we're here. So it's just all the trucks that little kid would ever want to be around and see, and lights and horns. We've got bounce houses and food trucks. We're going to have two hundred and fifty free dlly bars from Dairy Queen for the first people through the door. Nice we've got if you want to come in the shop and learn just a little bit about shift garage. We're going to give away a free scooter for the kids that they can ride on. And yeah, just every big the fire truck is always the big draw, right, That's the one the kids really want to see. So absolutely we've got that giant semi truck, monster truck. Everything a kid wants to see is there.
Speaker 1: So what time does everything start tomorrow again?
Speaker 2: Yeah, ten am and then we go through two pm tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Very very nice. And if people would like to learn about Shift Garage, you guys have social media they can follow on and I love the videos you guys do on there because you kind of explain I think that's really cool. I learned stuff watching those.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure, it's a you know, we think of it as a simple concept, but if you've never heard of it before, it's it can be a little bit complex to kind of understand how that works, the repairs for just the cost of parts, or then how the car program works. So we try to explain it the best we can. But anybody that stops by, you know, we're very friendly. We're here to help. That's why we started it. So yeah, and it.
Speaker 1: Is a nonprofit, So if somebody says, hey, I like this what a neat mission. I would like to help their opportunities for that too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people can certainly give right on our website. We're just shift Garage dot org. Really simple. We have volunteers Tuesday and Wednesday nights is when we're fixing the cars. We don't require people to know how to work on cars. We're happy to show you how to do that. We stick to repairs that our volunteers know how to do nice. If it's something complicated, we're gonna refer that to a different shop, and we're not here to take business away from shops that work on people's cars. We want to do simple repairs and then we pair that with basic budgeting classes and basic car maintenance classes for the people that we help. I love that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well again, Shift Garage Tomorrow. Touch a truck from when to Win.
Speaker 2: Ten am to two pm one ten South Kowanas just south of Thunder Road on Kawanas Avenue there and you'll.
Speaker 1: You're not gonna miss it. You're cana get there and be trucks galore and I'll be there making some noise with music. It's gonna be a lot of fun. Nice to meet you this first time we've met, So it's nice to finally get a chance to meet and I'm excited for tomorrow. It's gonna be fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, thanks for having us again.
Speaker 1: Shift Garage tomorrow is touch a Truck. I've got all of the information on our Facebook page as well Facebook dot com slash Sunny Radio and Facebook dot com slash Suit Falls.
Speaker 2: News and Something you Should Know.
Speaker 1: Something you Should Know is brought to you by Genesisgoldira dot com. Put your retirement plan on the Gold Standard. Get a free Gold and Silver guide now at genesisgoldra dot com.