Speaker 1: Your afternoon drive just got a little better. Well that's the hope at least. Now back to in the Zone with Brandon Kravitz.
Speaker 2: Right back to the NBA Draft we go, and this time we're heading to one of the top sources that is out there, Tyler Metcalf NBA Draft Analysts at no Ceilings NBA dot com my number one NBA draft site on the Internet. Now, I'm not just saying that, Tyler, because you are a guest on this show. You have two huge fans in this studio. You guys do phenomenal work. I check out other sites, but for me, it always starts at no Ceilings.
Speaker 1: So credit to you for everything that you guys have built.
Speaker 3: I appreciate that. It means a lot, and we're really excited about the community we've built over there in the last couple of years, and you know, we're just still doing this and talking hoops.
Speaker 2: You can follow Tyler on Twitter, by the way, at tm or T metcalf eleven on Twitter. That's at t metcalf eleven. I assume before we get rolling, you guys have some extensive coverage coming your way tonight.
Speaker 1: How can people find any live streams?
Speaker 2: Any recaps that you may have going on over the next couple of days.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, We'll be going live seven thirty easterns an our no Ceilings YouTube channel. We'll be going at the same time a little preview show capping both or recapping day one, you know, going through all the picks, covering everything. We'll have a whole rotating cast and crew all around the no Ceilings YouTube channel, and we will also have a regularly updating kind of an initial reactions piece over at no ceilings on day dot com where you can find all of our written work and links to our draft guide and all that good stuff, including new Intel mock draft and final big board that went up to this.
Speaker 1: All right, it's a shame you guys haven't done more work on the draft, but uh, maybe didn't give you enough.
Speaker 2: It feels like things are starting to solidify in the in terms of what we know Flag at one, Harper at two that's been known for a minute, VJ Edge Come at three, feels like that one is in terms of the betting markets. I mean, it feels like that is already a decision that's been made with him going to Philadelphia.
Speaker 1: Can Nipple at four to Charlotte.
Speaker 2: Does the draft start at five or do you still think there's some mystery there between between the ranges of three and five.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, it obviously only takes one team and you know, one player to shake everything up, and Shilly has been pretty guarded. It kind of seems to be I know, Charlotte really want to want to be but I really have to allow fit the offer I think to go there. So base letl we're hearing that force seems pretty slidified and that sounds like Utah the griptures there and it's sounds like it they kind of have a split camp between whether they're going someone want Ace Bailey, there's want my fears, So that that's kind of where the draft seems like it's probably gonna start.
Speaker 1: What is going on with Ace Bailey?
Speaker 2: Do you think that this process has been poorly managed or at least as poorly managed as as it's been reported, or is there actually some semblance of a reasonable strategy baked in there of not going and taking these visits to see if he can funnel himself to the place he wants to play.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's been a weird process and it kind of you know, it feels gross a little bit, but at the end of the day, the agent is just doing what he thinks is best for his client and and they think that his best landing spot is somewhere on the East coast, and the top candidates seemed to be either Washington in Brooklyn. Now, those are two of the teams who had worst loss. Lucked on lottery night and they fell a little bit, so that also kind of plays into this. But we saw Alex Sard do a similar thing with Washington last year. He didn't even want He refused to work out for Atlanta at one because so Bailey's trying to start trying to do some of that. But that's a lot easier to do when the team you're trying to see yourself too is like two or three instead of six or eight, Because at the end of the day, I have been picking at five. It's like, Hey, the best player able we can here a franchise stranger. Sorry, He's like, we know you might not want to be here, but we're gonna take you. And then had basically control over your contractor the next eight years.
Speaker 4: Tyler, Tyler, Karen here Brooklyn at number eight. They now have it seems like they're playing a video game, doing a a mock simulation in two K with five first round picks in tonight's draft, could they be a prospect they've been mentioned as a team or they haven't been mentioned as a team that Ace Bailey isn't willing to go to. Do we think there's a good potential of Brooklyn potentially leap frogging up to three making a trade with Philadelphia in order to get Ace Bailey, Or do we think that with a sliding there's a chance that they could stay at eight and still end up with potentially one of the top three prospects in this draft.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they if they're dead set on eighth, I think they're gonna have to go up to four to probably get him, because I'd be surprised if Washington pass on him. Jeremiah Fears and Trey Johnson has also been linked loosely with Washington, but just the type of guys that they've been swinging on recently, Ace makes too much sense there, so I'd be really surprised if if you Tap passes on him. I would almost expect it's like an ninety five percent champs that Washington will take him at six. So I think if if Washington's worried about Utah taking eight, I think they're going to have to jump up to four. If Brooklyn's worried about either of them taking them, I think they're going to have to jump up to four. And that's where both of them having multiple first round picks gets in triggering and Charlotte can potentially start a bit of a bidding war here if they aren't head over heels so that they may love Con. But even if they trade back to six, same you know, a little more outside shot. But if they even go back to eight, still have a pretty good shot at getting Con there as well. So I it's the optimism from Brooklyn wanting Ah to be there, But I'd be really really surprised if you fell all the way to eight.
Speaker 4: Looking at the latest mock on no Ceilings NBA. You do have, they do have Jeremiah fears going to Washington, but it's at the eighth teenth pick. What's the concern for a guy who has gotten better throughout the year once he kind of got the keys handed to him at Oklahoma and has some major top ten upside and is being projected in that top ten range by a lot of outlets.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that was the what what we would do. I think on our front held predictive mock we had and our team is very very split on fears. I have fears that you know, top seven. I think he's awesome, definitely by the upside, But when we look at there's always at least one or two guys who really fall in the draft, and it looks like him and Derek Queen could be the two names who potentially have that fall because the fears doesn't go in that you know that that five to eight range, it could get pretty tricky in terms of where where it makes sense for him in terms of a fit and style of play and what they need in terms of point guard play, and he could fall quite a bit. I don't think he will. I think in our predictive mock today that went up we had him going at ten because everyone we've talked to is like emphatic. Now he's a top ten guy, and while Phoenix does need a point guard for the long term, it also one shock me if someone just trades up for him. So I think the talent and the upside with him are just too good for a guy who reclassified up a year as a point guard. Historically, those guys are never good, and he was awesome at Oklahoma This year.
Speaker 2: Tyler Metcalf joining us NBA Draft analyst at no Ceilings NBA dot com, our go to source for NBA draft information and prospect rankings.
Speaker 1: How do you feel about Walter Clayton Jr. As a prospect?
Speaker 2: And is there any chance he's still sitting there at twenty five when the Orlando Magic select a player.
Speaker 3: If he is there at twenty five, I'm pretty sure the Magic are going to be sprinting to the podium to take him. But I would be pretty surprised if he fell past Miami at this point. All signs seem to be pointing towards that he shut down everything right after the work out with them, and it seems like he's hinting pretty hard, but he's going to Miami. He's an awesome fit, really fun shot maker, and the way he took over the NCAA tournament was incredible. But even before then, going back to his stays at IONA, really fun shooter, creative, smart, fun passer. He's just a hooper. You know, there are some limitations he's older, but at the end of the day, he's just one of these guys who's probably gonna have a very long career, played some very fun basketball.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it does feel like that if it's not Clayton, can you give the Magic fans that are listening a player that they should be doing backflips over if they're available at twenty five?
Speaker 3: I think Drake Richardson makes a lot of sense. He is really small, but he's a former NBA pro Jason Richardson's son in really high level, a really smart player, creative passer. He just kind of played a shooting guard role for Michigan State this year because that's what was asked of him, and he was the best shooter of the guards, so he kind of got relegated into that more shooting guard. But he is a lot more passing upside and playing off of Bronze and Polo and Desmond Vanes, I think he'll give he would give the Magic a ton of spacing and versatility and just overall IQ at that kind of pseudo point guard spot where he's not necessarily having to create everything and run the offense, but he can play also in that off ball role.
Speaker 4: If it's not going to be a guard. If you're looking more to the winging forward or center. What are some names that come to mind for you for the magic.
Speaker 3: Liam McNeely makes a lot of big wing struggled at Yukon this year, but he had a nasty ankle turn midway through the season, and then just given how that team was playing, they had to basically play him at point guard, which isn't his game at all. He's you know, third or fourth offensive option. And the spot up guys really good rebounders, smart cutters, smart off ball mover, smart pather in that role playing off of front and Polow kind of similar to what I was talking about with Jason. I think the spot up shooting shooting numbers are going to skyrocket and then more of a wild card home run type of swing. Will Riley, the wing from Illinois, got off to a scorching start, struggled in the middle of the season, and then finished really strong, smart player, incredibly active on both ends of the floor. He's just so skinny he has to add you know, twenty to thirty pounds before he can really handle NBA physicality. So he might be more of the long term play, but the shooting upside with him is really fun and he just plays incredibly hard all the time with some pretty interesting off ball offensive upside.
Speaker 4: One more quick thing on the Magic before he let you go, because Orlando has been a wild card some years, reaching on guys and frankly looking back far of going getting guys that you might never have heard of. So some of these international prospects that might be around at twenty five, Ben Saraf, Nolan Trey, Are, Hugo Gonzalez. Are there any of those guys that maybe you would fit Orlando that when when Magic fans hear their name here his name called, do you have any insight on any of those guys where that Magic fans can can feel like they actually have an idea of who the team has taken.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I feel like Hugo Gonzalez fits the most in terms of the style of play that Orlando tends to steer forwards. Ben Seraff is an awesome playmaker, great positional size, The shot is a big question mark. Nolan Treyorri smaller guards, super fast shot, big question mark. Processing the comic question mark. He keeps skating link to Brooklyn, so I'm assuming that's probably where he's going to Land. But Hugo Gonzales is a measured really well six six bare foot, plays with a hair on fire, has an attitude to an awesome defender, gets out in space, really athletic. The shots still a question, but some really interesting transition offense, rim pressure stuff.
Speaker 1: He kind of.
Speaker 3: Reminds me of a mix of like Christian Brown in Denver and Dennie denni Adia in Portland.
Speaker 2: Tyler Metcalf NBA draft analysts at no Ceilings NBA dot com. Also check out the no Ceilings NBA YouTube channel for live streams that they will have tonight in reaction to the NBA Draft.
Speaker 1: We sing your.
Speaker 2: Praises all the time on this show, so thanks so much for hopping on with us. We appreciate the insight any to serving. So what do you think Tyler Will Riley are we? Are you a fan of that idea wy wary guard slash forward out of Illinois.
Speaker 1: I think that he can be good for somebody. You know.
Speaker 4: This isn't my guys who I say stay away from. It's for magic specific, it's not for NBA. Has a hole. He's a He's supposed to be a knockdown shooter that has great size to him and steal a lot of room to grow. I think that he can, he can build off of that. But for this Magic team, I think he's too much of a prospect. If you want to reset the cycle, restart the cycle with Jet Howard, go ahead and get Will Riley. But right now that hasn't panned out too well for Jet, so I think that the two might be too similar. Six' nine a. Bust he's, six he's he's, tall He's i'm not saying that he. Isn't he's got a great body on.
Speaker 2: Him but oh, well WHAT i was saying IS i think just based off of the height and, WAIT i Mean i'm six FEET i weigh like two. Ten he's six,' nine he's one. Eighty, six yeah. He's tall, My god so he's a. Cheeseburger man, come on let's go negative. WINGSPAN too. I can't.
Speaker 4: I can't i can't touch the six eight pluses with the negative wingspan that has.
Speaker 2: Been bane you have a pass coming? Up, next yeah he use a knockdown three. Point shooter we're good. With that an event, five o'clock phill.
Speaker 1: Up your daily happy hour. Hot takes you got a load.
Speaker 2: Of questions that have been on the text line ABOUT Tonight's. Nba draft also a list from you guys from yesterday about who you want in this year's class Other Than walter, clayton junior because we know that's going to be one of the. POPULAR answers a lot more to get to here on end. The zone don't.
Speaker 1: Go anywhere