Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to k if I AM six forty the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app very fall morning, fall, day fall, afternoons.
Speaker 2: This is a good soup and chili week.
Speaker 3: It is. You don't want to make pasta tonight?
Speaker 2: That's not soup or chili.
Speaker 1: I know I was thinking about soup because I feel like I smell soup.
Speaker 3: Do you smell soup?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: Maybe that's just sodium, something with sodium.
Speaker 2: Are you okay?
Speaker 3: You don't smell that?
Speaker 2: No? Oh no, I don't speak.
Speaker 1: I think somebody's out there with some sort of sodium. Hot sodium.
Speaker 4: Hot sodium. That sounds like a good, good soup place hot sodium. We're going to do a mixtape Monday, coming up a little bit later in this hour. We have some gas Fantasy four play to get through. But what else is going on?
Speaker 2: Time for What's Happening.
Speaker 5: What's Happening is sponsored by the Water Damage Fire Damage Burglary called Public Adjuster ab their gas nine seven five two five six apologies.
Speaker 4: I saw homicide investigations under way after three men found dead inside a home that burned in Temple City fire reported just before five o'clock last night on Sultana Avenue. Firefighters had the fire out itself in less than an hour, but they found three bodies inside. Two other men who were encountered outside the home had to be hospitalized.
Speaker 2: They were treated for burns to their arms.
Speaker 4: The La County Sheriff's Department Homicide Unit said that another person who lives there approached deputies.
Speaker 2: There was a language problem.
Speaker 4: Apparently he speaks Mandarin and at this point he is a person of interest.
Speaker 2: They do believe that he was the person who set the fire.
Speaker 1: McDonald's will be serving up quarter pounders at all restaurants this week following that e coal eye outbreak. Seventy five eqal eye cases confirmed in thirteen states.
Speaker 3: They say they likely was those.
Speaker 1: Slivered onions or beef patties on quarter pounders, but they have not said that it was the beef patties that in fact, the research has said the opposite. They say yesterday they feel confident any contaminated product has been removed from the McDonald's supply chain.
Speaker 4: Most of the cases reported in Colorado, thirteen in Montana, but others reported in Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming.
Speaker 2: Sounds like Johnny Cash song.
Speaker 4: Sixty one of those people who got sick, twenty two of them had to be hospitalized.
Speaker 1: Dodgers looked to take a commanding three game to none lead over the Yankees in the World Series a first pitch at five oh eight hour time.
Speaker 3: The series, of course, has shifted to Yankee Stadium.
Speaker 1: Games three and four will be there a fifth game if necessary. This will be the first time Yankee Stadium has hosted a World Series games since two thousand and nine. Only ten teams in MLB history have come back from down two games to win the World Series two games to none to win the World Series.
Speaker 2: Weather.
Speaker 4: It's going to be chilly, but it's not going to be ridiculously cold. Some of the workout video from yesterday showed the Dodgers all wearing, you know, full sweatshirts and stocking caps and things like that to stay warm. We saw the remnants of a hurricane. It's kind of why it's so cloudy over southern California. Hurricane Christie was a Category five way out in the ocean, but went all the way back down to a tropical depression, never made landfall or anything like that. But they said that the weather in California this week is going to be weather that we've needed for several months now, which is a little bit of rain in a few places and just everything cooling off quite a bit. That being said, there is yet another hurricane potentially working through the Caribbean right now. Gradual development is possible. Tropical depression could form late this week or over the weekend while against a drift northward or northeastward over the southwestern and central Caribbean.
Speaker 1: Timothy Challo May crashed his own lookalike contest. This was in Lower Manhattan yesterday. They said hundreds of onlookers were there. There was even a dispersal order from police. At least one arrest. Apparently this is through YouTube personality who staged the event. But hundreds of people looking like Timothy Shallo May. He's the one dating Kylie Jenner.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know, I believe so, yes, yes, Keana says yes, so therefore it must be true.
Speaker 3: They sound they seem like a nice couple. What I don't know.
Speaker 4: Here's a great story of survival A woman who disappeared earlier this month in the rugged mountains of southeastern Australia has been found alive. She was hospitalized after what authorities believe was a snake bite, but she was stable and recovering from her injuries.
Speaker 2: This woman, known as Kiki.
Speaker 4: A photographer, visited Kozhusco National Park to take pictures of the horses in that region. But the forty eight year old woman was reported missing to officers from the police district near the national park, so they did a big, long, wide search operation. They said the wild alpine landscape in that park covers about two hundred and seventy thousand square miles, about the size of the state of Texas. They weren't exactly sure where she was. She had set up a command post in an abandoned gold mining town in a remote part of that region. They found several different agencies to work together to try to find with the Australian National Parks and Wildlife Service, some rural Fire Service. Members of the public just showed up and then police dogs and a rescue helicopter. So she'd been out there for a long time and they didn't say exactly what. God bless you kind of a snake.
Speaker 2: That was the.
Speaker 3: God bless her snake. It was the bitter you.
Speaker 1: Know you used to turn the microphone off when you'd sneeze. I don't think I've become a bad influence. She's gonna let yourself go.
Speaker 4: She advised that she was bitten by a copperhead snake four days before being found, and she rolled her ankle.
Speaker 1: I have a good Kiki story. Go Keana got married? Oh how did it go?
Speaker 3: It went well? Too quick?
Speaker 6: Everybody said I was going to go by fast, and it did. But I'm a happily married woman now.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness. So did any did anything go crazy at the wedding? Anyone fall into a table or anything?
Speaker 6: No, but you know, the usual groomsman trying to find a date at the wedding. Definitely.
Speaker 3: Oh I love that. I love that. So where was he successful? They know he was not? Oh man, what what was the game like?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: What was his like?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 3: How did he try to do this? Well?
Speaker 6: He he went from one of my friends to the groom's cousin to another one of my friends, and all of them got well denied him.
Speaker 3: Okay, man, that's the effort. Though. Three strikes yeah, three strikes.
Speaker 2: Or it's somebody who doesn't read the room at all.
Speaker 3: I kind of like the effort, honestly. But if you know you're the third that's the thing.
Speaker 1: Like, if you're not the first girl, maybe even the second, you're third girl.
Speaker 3: Like no, oh, hell no, I don't.
Speaker 6: Think they were even aware that he had danced with other girls that night.
Speaker 3: Oh how are you not aware?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 6: There were a lot of people on the dance floor. Okay, I will tell you that. So he kind of got lost in the in the weeds.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm pulling up your pictures now. I want to be able to pick out which groomsman it is. I love wedding stories.
Speaker 3: Honeymoon was in Colorado, right, yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah. We went to Denver and then we went up to up the Rockies to Glenwood Springs to do the hotsp there.
Speaker 4: Oh that's a beautiful Did you go through the what is that the big black bottom pool there that is part.
Speaker 2: Of the Glenwood Springs?
Speaker 3: I no, no, we didn't. I never even heard of that.
Speaker 6: We just went to it's called World Springs, Iron Mountain Hot Springs, and we did the hot springs there, and then we drove back towards Denver and stayed in the town of Breckinridge.
Speaker 2: That's snowing yet it.
Speaker 6: Did the week prior to us going, so driving up the rockies like there was snow everywhere. It was cleared, the roads were clear and everything, but yeah, the mountains were covered in snow.
Speaker 1: That dress did not disappoint. It looked beautiful when you got it. But my goodness, it's so pretty. It's just so classically beautiful.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 3: I appreciate it, loved it.
Speaker 2: What is missus? Uh, what is mister Keana doing today?
Speaker 3: He's on bedressed. He sprained his ankle.
Speaker 6: Yeah, honeymoon, literally at the gas station on the way to drop off the rental car in Denver.
Speaker 2: Ouch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well at least it was on the back end, like, at least he didn't do it when you guys were getting there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, it was you know, something had to go wrong, and thankfully it happened at the very end of the trip. And you know, he got a free ride in a wheelchair throughout the airport, so at my expense, I already I wheeled him through.
Speaker 2: So it was fun.
Speaker 3: Welcome to marriage.
Speaker 1: Thanks at a and all puppies and rainbows.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, congratulations that happened.
Speaker 1: What a fun weekend in the NFL. I say that because the Chargers won forty nine, Ers won, Dodgers two wins going in good week, good week, a lot of winning winning.
Speaker 3: I'm not tired of it. I'm not tired of the winning.
Speaker 4: Christina Julio, Chris Kim. I'll pick four games correctly in Fantasy four.
Speaker 1: Flo not tired of the winning because I did so poorly this week on our Gas Fantasy four play went one in three?
Speaker 3: Did you go four?
Speaker 5: And?
Speaker 2: Oh? I think so. Jacob can check my paper, but I think I did go for it.
Speaker 3: Jacob doesn't keep score because he doesn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do.
Speaker 1: I just haven't tallied them. Why haven't you tallied them? We need to keep it like a running sco so we know where everyone's standings.
Speaker 2: No we don't.
Speaker 1: Well that's okay because somebody on Twitter? Does you? Does your job for you?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Ash did? As a matter of fact, do they want to work here?
Speaker 3: Maybe at least outsource it?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 4: Give me the day off that Jacob that you and Jacob at least going into this week were both fourteen and ten.
Speaker 3: Right, Jacob?
Speaker 2: How did you do this week four and oh.
Speaker 3: Oh no, now I'm down.
Speaker 1: I'm down three, which means I have to have a big weekend next week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're going to be down in the matt Keana Ritchie pile if you Okay, let's not go crazy. Yeah, it's not your fault. Keana. You've had people muddy. You were thinking about your.
Speaker 2: Wedding, that's right, Yeah, you were. You were worried about other stuff.
Speaker 1: But I think the play of the weekend was what happened with the Commander's game. I read somewhere that Dan Snyder's spirit left the stadium finally with that Hail Mary pass. When did defenders stop boxing out receivers in that kind of situation?
Speaker 4: Well, first of all, I didn't think he was going to be able to throw it that far?
Speaker 3: Did that pass? That was with seventy something yards?
Speaker 4: Like, if I was on the defense, I don't think I would have set up in the back as far back as they were all.
Speaker 1: Playing for the ball though they weren't boxing out the receiver.
Speaker 3: It turned out that.
Speaker 4: I mean it was in fifty two yards from the line of scrimmage, But I mean the pass itself was going to be longer than that.
Speaker 7: Fires heads towards the end zone.
Speaker 2: It I mean.
Speaker 4: Instant, classic, instant, and for it to be that guy, I mean, this quarterback, the young quarterback for the Washington Commanders, is one of those guys that has We knew he was talented going into it, but taking a team like that and succeeding in the way that they have has been pretty incredible.
Speaker 2: It's fun.
Speaker 1: I mean, they've got great weapons, they do, they do have a good It's just rare for a rookie to put together a season like that. So last night the Cowboys, I mean, oh my god, I almost almost feel bad for Cowboys fans, but then you realize that it's the Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I don't.
Speaker 1: But I mean, like I said, that stat is crazy that Dak Prescott signing the biggest contract in the history of the NFL. And we've had a succession of those biggest. Now this one's the biggest. Now this one's the biggest, but anyway, at the time, it was the biggest. And he has done nothing but fail. The number of interceptions he has surpasses all the interceptions he had last season. He makes in a quarter what Brock Purty makes in a year and brock Purty has owned his ass three times.
Speaker 3: Wow, well ye has he hasn't beaten brock Purty. So I don't know.
Speaker 1: The Cowboys are in real trouble, man. And part of the reason is their backfield is from twenty sixteen.
Speaker 4: Well yeah, and when you get old, that's not a position you can get old. Yeah, exactly. The Chargers did beat the Saint yesterday twenty six to eight. And I pointed out there's a great listen only nerds look at it, but there's a place called score Agami on the internets, and it keeps track of the results of every football, every NFL game and plots the final scores. There have only been two others that have ended in a twenty six to eight score, the score by which the Chargers beat the Saints yesterday.
Speaker 1: So Brad Boseman play Center for the Chargers, and SOFI Stadium erupted yesterday for a couple reasons. Number one, Justin Herbert had a thirty eight yard run in the first half, longest of his career, I believe, and it was incredible and everyone it was such a sleepy crowd, there was no energy at all. He decides to just put everything on his shoulders, take off, pick up that first.
Speaker 3: Down, and more.
Speaker 1: And then later on in the game when Shepherd, I forget his name, defensive lineman for the Saints, dirty dirty ass hit on Justin Herbert, I mean, brings him down and then holds on to his injured ankle and twists it and won't let it go, and just is on top of so Bradley Boseman, his center, sees what's going on. He just lays out Shepherd, I mean, just Nathan Shepherd lays him out.
Speaker 3: And the crowd loved it.
Speaker 1: Now everyone's donating ten dollars to the Bradley and Nicky Boseman Foundation. It's about anti bullying. It's him and his wife, and everyone's donating the number of Justin Herbert's jersey because the crowd loved having their center have their quarterbacks back. Unfortunately, offsetting penalties I hate that too. It shouldn't be an offsetting penalty. If somebody has a dirty hit on a quarterback and your center defends you. It's not like he punched him in the face. He just laid on top of him so Justin could get off and get away.
Speaker 4: So Monday and football Tonight is a Giants Steelers, so you can watch that.
Speaker 3: Be watching the world.
Speaker 4: The baseball game is also Yeah, right about that same time, the Dodgers take on the Yankees in New York.
Speaker 2: Just about five eight is when we do have their first pitch.
Speaker 3: All right, coming up next, More of this, more of this, this whole thing, this twelve o'clock hour enough.
Speaker 4: New study by the American Cancer Society finds that about forty percent of cancer cases among people aged thirty and over, About half of all cancer related deaths are attributed to preventable risk factors, and the number one and two. Number one is smoking and number two is obesity. And they said that that accounts for about forty percent of all cancer cases. More than eighty percent of lung cancer cases are specifically related to smoking. So, in other words, they say the majority of cancer cases could be preventable.
Speaker 3: Are you just the angel of death?
Speaker 4: I have bad election news to tell you about a couple of ballot drop boxes in Oregon and Washington.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they were fire bombed.
Speaker 4: Right now, here's something interesting I didn't realize. According to the Moltnoma County Elections Director, fire suppressant inside the ballot box protected virtually all of the ballots.
Speaker 2: That were inside.
Speaker 4: Wow that there were maybe three I think he said, three ballots that were damaged.
Speaker 2: They know who those voters are.
Speaker 3: They'll be contacted and be given replacement ballots.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that they had fire suppression technology.
Speaker 4: Yesterday sorry, about four in the morning. The first fire was in the Portland side of the Columbia River at about three thirty in the morning. About half an hour later, about fifteen miles away, officials in Vancouver, Washington responded to an arson at another ballot box and discovered what they said was a suspicious device nearby. They said, in that case, there could be hundreds of ballots that were damaged. The FBI has come in and is now investigating. Did you see this beautiful rosary?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I was gifted on.
Speaker 2: Was that your fingers at all?
Speaker 3: No? Okay, all right, I have a story of surviv You want that I do?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: Are you done with killing off people and siggs?
Speaker 2: Yes? All right?
Speaker 3: Can I have some storytime music?
Speaker 2: Okay? We needed to discuss what kind of music you want?
Speaker 3: Just the normal, the normal storytime music, the usual.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, no, that's not the one.
Speaker 3: No, that's our stripper music.
Speaker 1: A teenager was recently rescued off the coast of Honolulu following a twelve hour ordeal drifting through choppy waters with zigzagging currents. It was the long darkness of a night near the equator. This kid bobbed up and down, clinging to the kayak while seeing the lights of search parties looking for him in vain far away back near the shore. He was on a high school kayaking team and when everyone on When everyone made it back to Diamond Head about six thirty pm, they realized he had not so the nine to one to one organized onshore Lifeguards, US Coast Guard other assets to try and find this kid. His sea kayak had been capsized and in the struggle he had lost his paddle, so he had nothing.
Speaker 3: To propel the craft through the currents.
Speaker 1: He knew we're dragging him out to sea, he says, he tried to stay calm.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 1: One of the rescuers, an experienced native Hawaiian water guy and a lifeguard with the Honolulu Ocean Safety Department, had been alerted to this. The rescuer, the Hawaiian his wife actually let him know. At the time, he was just fixing his truck, and he said, well, I treat everyone as my own family member. So he said pretty much that whole night I was out there searching for my own son, and that being able to find him was very emotional. The kid says he tried to keep his faith in God while he swam gently and constantly towards the shore, but admitted he was afraid of the dark and the water beneath what was under there, and the fact that all the search crews were far away in the distance was particularly unnerving.
Speaker 4: Close enough to be seen, far enough away that they couldn't see him.
Speaker 1: About four am, after searching for over eight hours, a US Coast Guard airplane crew spots the kayak and the teenager clinging to it. They mark his location with a flare, and that is where the native Hawaiian water guy comes to find him on what was his day off. The first thing the kid said was he was worried. His family was worried about him.
Speaker 3: Yes, it were, they said.
Speaker 1: The celebrations through the phone sounded like a bunch of monkeys and hyenus. He was treated for injuries, hypothermia.
Speaker 3: He's fine, good.
Speaker 2: That's a great story.
Speaker 4: It falls on the heels of that other story we're talking about the woman who got bit by a copperhead, yeah, ankle, and there was still out in the wilderness for four days.
Speaker 7: I've had enough of these Monday Friday snakes on these Monday Friday Australian National Park.
Speaker 2: Sky stretch.
Speaker 8: So yeah, Gary and Shannon, we have two cats. There are both indoor outdoor cats. We let them out at night, they go hunting. They come back in in the morning waiting by the door get something to eat. One of the cats he'll either sleep inside, and the other cat he may sleep inside or he may go back outside.
Speaker 2: But they take care of all the mice.
Speaker 8: You whatever comes around at night, bears and whatever.
Speaker 2: Snakes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they take care of the bears and the shirts.
Speaker 4: Well I don't think they take care of the bears, but they deal with bears.
Speaker 1: So that makes me feel better. There are indoor outdoor cats, sure, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know if Sassy was one of them.
Speaker 3: Apparently not.
Speaker 1: Now cats when they do that at night, don't they offer and leave their kills like for you on your front door or whatever to sign of love.
Speaker 4: I only had that a couple of times, and the cats that we've ever had where they would bring a bird or something like that and leave it at the door because they love you.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that.
Speaker 4: I don't want to turn off that love, but I also don't want a dead bird on my porch.
Speaker 3: Right, you want to keep it inside like your mom did.
Speaker 2: Right, put it in the rubber tree plan.
Speaker 8: Not only was the cat white, but by chance to have a caller and a bell on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was running around outside. Yes, Sassy, that's a sure sign and call of the dinner. Belle.
Speaker 3: No, I didn't have a bell on it.
Speaker 2: Cat, coyotes, any other large raptor.
Speaker 1: There was none of that along the five and then Tomas, you didn't have a lot of much other riff rap like me.
Speaker 3: It was a homeless guy there. Yeah, pretty much eating chicken a night. You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 4: You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.