Speaker 1: You're listening to Sorry for Asking.
Speaker 2: Sorry for asking. I'm Cole Connor.
Speaker 3: And I'm Adam Ramsey. This is where we talk, shop, ask questions.
Speaker 2: Tell stories, and laugh some laughs about being creators.
Speaker 3: As well as consumers of adult content. We love watching too, We certainly do.
Speaker 2: We also discussed the impact adult films have had on us, on our guests, and on the LGBTQ community.
Speaker 1: So strap on and strap in.
Speaker 2: And here we go.
Speaker 3: Yay, Hi, we're back, and I'm Adam Ramsey. Welcome back to Sorry for asking. Hi, Hey, what's Up's that? We are well into season four. It's very good to see you.
Speaker 2: We had to schedule. We did an emergency cast. This this is the emergency podcast because someone.
Speaker 3: Was in town. Yes, we had to have him back. Yes, it's a returning guest. I think this is our third ever returning guest on this program.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's only our third, only our third.
Speaker 1: Please welcome to the show, everybody. Derek Cae.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hello.
Speaker 1: The voice is bad.
Speaker 2: It was like the fastest introduction that we have done. It was like no catch up time.
Speaker 1: I mean you, that was all that was all you, that was all you. Nobody cares about us.
Speaker 2: I know well. I mean we didn't have to go into it. I got a jabber for a little bit.
Speaker 1: You know, you can jabber with Derek. How about that you.
Speaker 2: Can sit with us.
Speaker 1: I can't, Derek. We're so excited to have you back.
Speaker 3: It just made sense. He you know, you're in and out of town. We haven't had Derek on in almost two years at this point, which is crazy to me. I was catching up on the last episode and I was like, oh my god, this was two years ago and a lot has happened since then. Wow, before we get started, I have one question. Are you caged right now? No?
Speaker 1: Okay, just checking. I have it with me though. You do show us well.
Speaker 2: I don't think i've ever like hell, wow, really?
Speaker 1: Oh it's black too? Why is it? Why has it got to be black? Derek?
Speaker 2: I just pulled it apart.
Speaker 1: It's it's supposed to do that.
Speaker 2: Hold on obviously I never held one before. And then the thing goes in.
Speaker 4: It's basically a cock ring. Yeah, okay, goes over the top of the cock just right here.
Speaker 3: You guys, you see, yeah, I mean your dick fits in this. This look, this looks like the head of your dick barely fits in this.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's supposed to be solved.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he gets hard, I know.
Speaker 2: But you can squish your dick into anything.
Speaker 1: Noth Oh that's right.
Speaker 3: I do know this about you because one thing you and I have done since we recorded was we film the scene together.
Speaker 1: We filmed a wonderful collaboration.
Speaker 3: It was really great. Yes, where you were, my little fucking bitch ass bottom. I still have not had the pleasure of taking your massive tool myself, but you know, one day, let's.
Speaker 1: Roll, buddy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, so you're not cage because I know we talked about it a little bit. I'm still fascinated by this. I haven't done it myself. That winter for our Christmas gift exchange. Remember, somebody put it in the White Elephant gift exchange and I might have even received it. And I think I regifted it.
Speaker 2: I give it that sure, please give me.
Speaker 1: I was about to say, if you're not really into it a gift of it's probably not going to go over too Yeah, but no, I love it. So you still use it? Oh yeah, all the.
Speaker 3: Time, all the time.
Speaker 1: I kind of prefer it now whenever I bottom for a collaboration. If I don't have to.
Speaker 4: If it's not going to be versatile, I kind of push for it into my scenes.
Speaker 1: I do, well, do you not come when you bought him? It takes a lot.
Speaker 4: It's very like flabored effort to make me come when I bought him. If I'm not like actively stroking right, it's right.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I think that's most people.
Speaker 1: But I don't get since I don't get hard.
Speaker 3: Yes, not everybody has the gift that you do Cole Connor, where like the minute a dick is up his ass, he's just hard as a rocket, ready to ready to rock rockets. We're different, bless Yeah, all we are all gifted in different ways, as evidenced by this information.
Speaker 2: Gosh, so you won a few awards, just a few, just a few. You are Michelle Ying Michelle.
Speaker 3: Yode all over the awards seasons, I think two years in a row.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the twenty four.
Speaker 3: Season, I feel like you won everything I did. Tell us a little bit about that. Tell us, tell us about that experience.
Speaker 4: I mean, going into the award season, I definitely was like, I feel like I've got a shot.
Speaker 1: Because the movie Overdrive for Raging Stallion had come out.
Speaker 2: That was peak that was like my rider dive from the year before exactly.
Speaker 4: So yeah, it was kind of And people had been telling me, they were like, you're a shoe in, but.
Speaker 2: You're always like You're like, I don't know, I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't want to jink, So yeah, I don't want to and I don't want to get my hopes up either.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I'm definitely like.
Speaker 2: It's just nice to be nominated.
Speaker 1: You know, not to mention.
Speaker 3: I feel like Falcon and Raging Stallion. They always have like those, like they have like a handful of projects every year where they put a lot of financial muscle behind it, a lot of marketing muscle, and usually it ends up being no pun intended a vehicle for one of their biggest performers, Overdrive, was that for you tell us a little about the plot of Overdrive.
Speaker 4: So I am a psychotic ride share driver and so Ben Rush I think we.
Speaker 1: All know Ben Rush.
Speaker 4: He wrote it. He wrote it with me in mind, and I'm kind of like, thanks, what is that? Yeah, I was like, do I need to talk to my therapist? But he wrote it with me in mind, and because he knew that I could play a very serious pert Like if I needed to, I could think just like very you know, no emotion, no you know, thoughts behind my head except just fucking kill kind of thing. And so he wrote that role for me. I pick up Paul Wagner, who's my like, who's the co star of Overdrive, And he's bragging about, oh, I just got back from Spain and I just fucked a bunch of people, and I was like, oh yeah, skirt like pull up into a garage and I'm like, let's go, let's roll. And like we had this wonderful flip scene and from there, like he doesn't answer my text, he doesn't respond to me, and so I go on a murderous rampage.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, it's like the lady scorned, like that projection, just projecting your anger. Yeah, it really was.
Speaker 4: Like my next scene was with Danny I think his last name is Danny Steele, Danny Starr.
Speaker 3: That's Dan Star.
Speaker 1: Oh Danny Starr.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, he was the second scene, and like it was a kind of an anonymous type thing at first, and then I realized it's not Paul Wagner who I was wanting to go and kill, and instead I like, okay, let's fuck and then let me kill you in.
Speaker 3: Anyways, So you kill people in this movie?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, which is like it's a choice for porn to like have death in a porn.
Speaker 3: Yes, I've never killed in a porn. I have been killed several times, though.
Speaker 2: I've never been killed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's okay. I mean I get usually like the last few years, I've been kind of typecast for being like, you know, a little bit psycho or crazy or mean.
Speaker 1: Can we both look at the camera real quick and give us our meanest.
Speaker 3: Faces YouTube cold Connor, although I yeah, ready and go, yeah, it's our resting bitch faces.
Speaker 1: Cool, you don't have that. It's just like, was it fun to play somebody so dirty and mean? It was? Yeah, it was.
Speaker 4: Even when I was having sex for the scenes, I stayed in character. Yes, I say it's psychotic as I was having sex.
Speaker 1: This is different.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but yeah it was fantastic. And honestly, when so I won Gavian Best Actor for that, and like leading up to it, people were like, yeah, yeah, they were like gay Vian. Even they did a I guess like a press release for the movie and they said I was erotic. Yet oh god, what was the word they used.
Speaker 1: Damn it.
Speaker 4: I can't think of it, but it was basically like psychotic, but erotic, psychotic, erotic.
Speaker 1: Psychotic, erotic. That's gonna be mine.
Speaker 2: Sounds like a.
Speaker 3: Lady, Yeah, yeah, Well, congratulations. What were all the awards you won? Or have even?
Speaker 1: Can you think of all the awards you have won? Since? I can't can so ex Biz Gay Performer of the Year amazing twice.
Speaker 3: Now twice in a row. So you went from Michelle Yo to Tom Hanks.
Speaker 4: Cool, Okay, that's never been done before. Wow, performers won rat twice and so I was like, okay, record holder, record breaker, whatever you want to call that. I was like, that's pretty fucking cool. Gave you inn Best Newcomer and Best Actor in the same year, which had never been done before, and then Grabby's Best Duo, Best Actor Performer of the Year, and just for fans.
Speaker 3: All in the same year, all in the same year.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 3: So you went from Tom Hanks to like Lauren Hill where you're like holding a bunch of all these awards on the press carpet.
Speaker 4: Wow, there is a picture of me because I was crying after gave in. I lost it after I won, you know those an Overdrive one Best Feature for gave En, so it was just like a clean sweep for Overdrive. Paul Wagner got Best Supporting Actor for Pace, so it was a clean sweep. And as I'm like, I'm holding three awards because Ben Rush or oh no it was a Toby, let me hold the Best Feature award. So I literally do have a picture like crying, like the three massive gave in awards, and.
Speaker 1: I was like, this is That's so cool?
Speaker 3: It was completely for me.
Speaker 2: What a moment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, congratulations. Did you ever see this happening? I mean, you know, in the catch up that I had this morning, I was like, Wow, this is somebody who is like just coming into his career, coming out of a really dark period, and like just kind of being like I feel really refreshed, I feel really ready, I feel invigorated, and like, look at all that's happened. That's so crazy. I never expected it would happen. I really did not.
Speaker 4: I kind of look back on it now and I'm like, yeah, whenever anybody says, hey can you make a scene today, like last minute, I'm like, yeah, let's go do it. And so I just I never thought about it because it just comes naturally to me, and I guess that's why I've done so well. Is Yeah, it's like this is natural.
Speaker 2: When you get the opportunities, you're ready for them. Yes, like you're always tested. Do you do that membership with clear?
Speaker 1: So I still use talent testing?
Speaker 3: Is there?
Speaker 2: Do they have a membership?
Speaker 4: No, it's just that you pay by It's just by testing. But the reason why is some studios will actually pay for my testing still Yeah, of course.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Sometimes I'll be like, oh, here's my talent testing this much.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, so you get them to reimburse you for it.
Speaker 4: Okay, but they wouldn't pay for a month membership because it's like four hundred dollars, right, I wouldn't pay for that, but they'll pay for the individual test Okay.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've been like thinking about it because I'm like, I haven't been that focused on doing studio work lately, but I was like, if they know that you're ready, then they'll be like if they need somebody last minute, then they'll then they'll hit you up.
Speaker 4: I've kind of become that guy in Vegas because like the amount of scenes I've gotten recently of just like day of Yeah, the studio calling me, hey, are you available, like I'm testing.
Speaker 1: That was me in San Francisco and I lived there.
Speaker 3: It was just like anytime they needed somebody last minute, I'd be like, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Live down the street.
Speaker 2: Sure, it's fantastic, Well, porn hack.
Speaker 3: What else? Well, aside from that, I mean I have some answers for this. I'm sure Cole does too, But what else besides the reliability of being available? You attribute longevity and success in an industry like this for a person like yourself.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's a lot. Honestly, Professionalism I think is number one. Like when I show up on a set, I'm happy to be there. I'm kind to everybody, Like I'll walk in and I like, I'm like, hey, guys, how's it going. We're ready to make the fucking porn today. And it's just I.
Speaker 3: Mean, you don't just look at your phone the whole time and roll your eyes when everyone tries to talk to you.
Speaker 1: Get out of here, okay, okay, cool. I'm kind of the one, like different, a different approach. I'm kind of the one.
Speaker 4: On the gay side because I've been venturing into all sides.
Speaker 1: Now we're going to really get into that.
Speaker 4: On the gay side, I definitely am the one that's like with my scene partner, I'm kind of like going to keep this going, like even when cameras are off, you like have a little fun. Like I am that guy on set. So unless it's like a no, I don't want to do this, I am going to be Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do you mean like after the scene or do you mean it in between takes.
Speaker 4: Between takestching everything kind of going well, yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Mean like that's how you hold.
Speaker 2: I think that's like number one gets you through the day faster because then they are like then there's like not as many breaks. You're like you're just keeping each other turned on, like keeping each other going.
Speaker 1: There's been a couple of scenes that I've been in where like they were holding for us and because we're like getting it on exactly where we're supposed to be, and they're like, are you guys ready, And I'm like, yeah, yeah, we've been ready the cameras.
Speaker 3: Has there ever been a time when a director has been like okay, okay, like hold it for the scene please? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Actually yeah, it has been because it's like I'll get riled up, but I know how to like control.
Speaker 2: I can't control.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I'm like, at this point, y'all, you'll know me.
Speaker 4: I'm just having fun over here. But you know, being professional, being kind, and another thing is actually doing what the director wants, like within your boundaries and within what you're comfortable to do. But like if the director says, hey, I'd really love to see this, and it's within your boundaries, being like, yeah, let's roll, let's do it. I've been on sets before where directors have said, hey, let's let's try and do this and the person be.
Speaker 1: Like, I don't really want to do that, Like I don't really like.
Speaker 4: That, and it's like, okay, let's try something different. But like with me, I'm kind of like, all right, let's make it work. Yes and yeah, yes, exactly. Improv come on, yeah?
Speaker 3: Cool. I love that your response to that was improv and ariana Grande, which is what most people in the community these days would say after I say yes, and I've been saying yes and for years and it's an improv thing. But she co opted it. She said that a.
Speaker 1: Fun little way. Now I love her. Whatever, but cool.
Speaker 3: You know a lot of those guests we've been having lately I feel like a lot of their work has been mostly their own content. Would you say you are mostly working on studio work still or do you focus more on your personal content?
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sures do video. Yeah, I'm you're a studio star. I'm a studio bitch. That's great.
Speaker 3: Like just last week I had five studios.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: And a collaboration you always, yeah, because.
Speaker 2: You're always like whenever we talked about like some shoots, lined up, some studio ones and we changed this one we were supposed to.
Speaker 1: Yes, right, yes we accommodated his schedule.
Speaker 3: No, not at all.
Speaker 2: I was going to say. I was like, it's always raining now, like what very rainy? Like next fire season. They need to be like get Adam and Colin the studio, like yeah, make.
Speaker 3: It rain right, yeah, making it just making it so wet.
Speaker 2: So wet. This wedding wedding Los Angeles.
Speaker 3: Well, one of the big things that you've done since we last had you on, which is probably definitely contributing to your busied schedule, is the fact that you moved from Salt Lake City or from outside Salt Lake City to Las Vegas.
Speaker 4: Yes, how has that move been? It was the smartest move I could have made. When when July last year, you know, moving to the in the middle of the desert in July, I was like, wow, such a choice. But it all worked out. I was able to get a renter for my place that I have in Utah. Oh you still own that place?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had a winter.
Speaker 4: I got a renter, and then the very next day I got approved from my apartment in Vegas, and so it was like, oh shit, we gotta go. And so what's funny is I was in Prague at the time because I even film internationally now like before when I was on the podcast before, I hadn't really done anything international. Now I'm doing a lot of international as well. So I was in Prague and I was supposed to be there for another week, but I was like, oh fuck, I gotta go. Like I was with Sofia, like my you know, my work wife, Yeah, close friend Sophia, she she was there. But yeah, So I moved to Vegas. And that was the smartest move because now it's oh, you're in town, You're in Vegas. A lot of the studios have moved there straight by Gay trans all of them have moved there. And so last minute is it's it's honestly a last minute kind of thing where almost every other day I get a call like, hey, are you available? And that's how it was the smartest thing I could have done.
Speaker 3: So you're reliable, you're local, and in essence, I guess that makes you like rather affordable too, Like you could probably demand more because they're not spending on hotels and flights, right, not really, no, no, okay, so then I guess that's what makes you affordable.
Speaker 2: Sure, yeah.
Speaker 4: I actually I discussed it with someone that's in the casting realm, and I kind of was like, you know, it was like, I feel like I because I just won all these fucking awards. I was like, Okay, I feel like I should, you know, maybe ask for a little bump your rate.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But then the person I talked to, they were actually like, you don't want to price yourself out.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, so you don't want to get big for your breches.
Speaker 4: Right, So, my my gay rate is a little higher than like the standard, but it's not to the point to where I don't get regular bookings. Because I asked if I raised it up a little more, if they would hire me as much, and they were like, this just one studio I love to work for, and they were kind of like, m, you probably wouldn't get as much if you raise your rate again. So I'm like, I'd rather have more work and less pay than less work and more pay.
Speaker 3: Wow you hear that, ladies, naim he's humble too. It's amazing. That's great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're like, I'm just here for the work.
Speaker 2: No, it's yeah. I mean the awards can give you a false sense of security that like you. It's not a golden globe. It's not. Yeah, I've said it before. Neither the gaban or a grabby make up the g and an egot.
Speaker 1: That's fun.
Speaker 2: They just don't won't get you an yeah even with an em.
Speaker 3: You're cool, yeacht.
Speaker 1: So it brings you to LA.
Speaker 4: This week it was all studio work, podcasts and a collaboration with a cisgender female. Huh yes, really big on the straight side. She actually just hosted the Avian Awards.
Speaker 1: What is her name?
Speaker 4: Blake Blossom, Blake blossoms stunning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that could be like a good boy porn name too. Blake like a fisting bottom, like.
Speaker 1: A rose bud.
Speaker 2: Blossom, so bud blossom. Oh, my god, I got to write that down.
Speaker 1: I have a question about this, bud Blossom.
Speaker 5: Actually that's buddy, Buddy Blossom, just spitballing here, yes and yes and well so okay, so yeah, this was something I think you were starting to just consider when we last had you on the show.
Speaker 3: And you've really gone far into this, and I love how outspoken you are on your social media about the fact that you still identify very much as a gay adult film performer, a gay man.
Speaker 1: Just yeah, very gay.
Speaker 3: You're so good at it, and you're foray into working with cisgender females. First we'll get into how it's.
Speaker 1: Been for you.
Speaker 3: But I'm really curious in the straight world do they refer to you as like gay performer who's coming on to the straight side. Are you just another one of the bucks in the wings? Because I feel like straight guys are in the straight industry are just kind of like often seen as props, you know what I mean. It can be that, Okay, it very well can be.
Speaker 1: Tell me about that a little bit about what that experience has been like.
Speaker 4: I mean, I've loved it. I've really loved the experience overall. I've never had a negative experience on set on the straight side by or trans Okay, like there's sometimes I am just a prop.
Speaker 1: I did this studio. I worked for the studio called Team Skeet. I've ever heard of them. You watched straight porn? Yeah you do, you might have heard.
Speaker 4: I'm I'm sure where it was strictly a point of view from my point of view on the girl, and I literally was just like there, you know, being pole that's.
Speaker 3: All I want.
Speaker 2: But I don't want Yeah, I don't watch POV stuff. I usually I mean I watched like Double Penetration, straightborn. Yeah, like that's pretty much.
Speaker 1: He likes two guys and a girl. He has his own Now do you know about this?
Speaker 3: M ms mondays, I've been listening to I've been listening to it since you're the best, like a super fan as well.
Speaker 1: Amazing. They don't refer to me as like the gay dude. They don't.
Speaker 4: They're just like, yeah, that's what I was curious about, Like, yeah, okay, they don't, because like when I show up even on straight sets, I'm like, hey, guys, how's it going? Like glad to be here, Happy to be here, And the only thing that's really different that I've noticed is the like catering to the women on the straight side because they are the ones that you know, the people that are paying, are paying to see sure, and so like you know.
Speaker 3: Unless it's.
Speaker 1: Even on the street side.
Speaker 4: Though, like I make I make less per scene just because I sometimes I am just the pole, like that's all I am.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I'm totally fine with them, Like you want to, are you?
Speaker 3: I mean, is that is that enjoyable for you? What is it that you enjoy about it? Just to give our audience as a sense as a performer.
Speaker 4: I love one. I love being on set. I love you know, being there. I just got signed to a modeling a modeling agency for the straight Side, okay, and they're starting to pick me up for more and more and more, and I'm like just the feeling of like, hey, we've booked you for a scene. I'm like, yes, it's just a it's a natural high. Like I get just excited about it no matter what it is. I'm like, yeah, let's fucking do this. And when it comes to being on the straight side, I've found that there's a lot more when it comes to working with the women, you know, Like when it comes.
Speaker 3: To gay guys.
Speaker 4: You know, I if I look at you for three seconds like this, it's like all right, game on.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: It's it's like same with you, it'd be like all right, let's do this. But with women you've got to kind of walk in there and be careful. You can't just walk in and be like, hey, you ready to fuck?
Speaker 3: You know it's yeah.
Speaker 2: But then do you think they're a little i don't know, like more easy with you because they know that you're not really like gonna pursue them after Like I would think I would think it'd be kind of like a relief for the girl.
Speaker 3: Well wait, but before we get into that, like, tell me what you mean exactly what do you mean by be careful with the female performer?
Speaker 1: What do you have to do or not?
Speaker 3: Do?
Speaker 4: You have to be extremely respectful? Okay, you can't treat them like you're just there to fuck them. I mean some girls are like that, but they will let you know, like you a guy, especially you know, sister and your male cannot roll up into a set and expect to be the big dog there like it is. It is definitely female focused, female centric, and they are the ones that are to be respected as well as the ones that you know, when I walk on a set and I meet especially if I meet a girl for the first time, I'm like, I introduce myself, I shake her hand, I'm like, or you know, if she's cool with it, I'm like, Hi, nice to meet you. I'm Derek, and then I let her run the show.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So like not even a hug right away, no show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I wouldn't even go up for a hug ut less they were like unless I was like, do you do hugs? Like, I'm happy to hug, but it's definitely I roll in and I let them call the shots.
Speaker 3: I mean, this is fascinating to me because couldn't you say the same about the gay side of things, Like isn't it always roll in and be respectful of your scene partners?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I think there's a higher tolerance. There's a higher tolerance for like space, Like if I didn't get a hug from my scene partner when I fucking met them, I mean, if I didn't know them already, even like give me a hug like we're about to fuck, Like.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't do that on the show.
Speaker 3: Okay, So maybe you're saying it's a different way of displaying respect for your scene partner.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like I see, I've been on some sets before where like it was for a chaosman shoot I think, and my scene partner, I'd never met him before, didn't really know who he was. I was already there. He shows up, he walks through the door. We took one look look at each other, and we just started making out. We did not even say hello to each other. We just like looked.
Speaker 1: At him before I had never hot, and like I looked at him and I was just like, come here, this is gonna be fine. Yeah exactly.
Speaker 2: That's the thing like that our response to that is like you never met them before hot, like sure, like man a girl like a girl would think like, oh kind of scary maybe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So it's there, there's a barrier there that it's when it comes to respect of the females. It's definitely one of like I'm gonna let you call the shots here. I'm not gonna be the one that walks up in there and says, hey, let's fuck, let's do this. You know you're gonna do what I want to do kind of thing. Absolutely not, And even you know, like when I met that guy, for the first time I started making out. I cannot see that happening on a straight set mm hmm, and could not see that happening.
Speaker 3: Wow, we are like burning through this conversation, which is so fun. I want to just take I'm gonna take a I feel like we should take a break for our sponsor real quick, just because I'm just gonna forget if we don't right back.
Speaker 1: Please pay attention to this following message by our sponsor.
Speaker 2: As performers in the adult industry, we get asked all the time about tips on how to perform like a porn star.
Speaker 3: And what says porn star more than a big load?
Speaker 1: Right? Cool?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Introducing Popstar, the only doctor formulated men's health supplement that is guaranteed to up your porn star game. This bad boy will make your comtaste pineapple sweet.
Speaker 3: But we're not just talking about taste here. Popstar is also formulated to give you massive loads that make your orgasms feel volcanic.
Speaker 2: Designed by Ivy League trained doctors, Popstar contains only the highest quality ingredients and is backed by scientific research to maximize your bedroom experience even better.
Speaker 1: It's vegan, non GMO, and safe to take every day.
Speaker 2: So why wait? Get your hands on Popstar today.
Speaker 3: Visit popstar Labs dot com and save twenty percent on your first order with code sorry twenty Popstar Big loads, better Taste, and We're back, and We're back pop Star Baby still going. Yeah, I use it all the time.
Speaker 1: Do we al pop star?
Speaker 3: Yes? We are pop star boys. Yeah, that's right, Thanks doctor Josh. Oh my god, wait, I did something crazy, just non sequitor. I went to doctor Gonzalez last week for something very new. I did dick botox. You guys, oh, Dick botox. Yes. Troy Daniels messaged me and he was like, hey, my friend is doing this thing. Have you heard about it? Can you talk to doctor Gonzalez about it? And I was like what is it?
Speaker 1: And he was like, it's dick botox and I was like, what the fuck does that mean? Because I've heard of scrow talks.
Speaker 3: I just realized I'm telling the world what I did recently privately with my eurologists.
Speaker 2: I mean so, but it could take it could enlighten some people. Yes, yes, that helped sex.
Speaker 3: So I reached doctor Zalez. I was like, what do you think about this? And he was like, well, it's kind of like a new thing, but people do come in and do it. I was like, first of all, is there any chance this could be bad? Is there any chance this could have negative side effects? And he was like not at all. It's slightly costly, but like you know, but you know, you can choose your level how much you do, the more the merrier. Essentially, what it is is kind of like in the same area of the dick where you shoot bi mix or CRIMEX and like you know, ten and two in the corpus cavernosa, as he told us, on each side, you do twenty five to fifty units of botox and it's essentially putting in botox and the soft tissue of the penis so that it hangs a little better theoretically and also makes it relaxed enough so that it encourages easier blood flow.
Speaker 2: Oh that makes sense, yes, yeah, because if it's like if it encourages better hanging, yes, then like yeah, because you know what you know, when you're like you've just had sex and you've come and like you're still kind of like swing in that Yeah, yeah, yes, we got that.
Speaker 3: Like I call it spa dick spot, like when you're walking around the spa because you're like you've been in hot tubs and saunas. You're just like swinging around like a fucking boxwhere Yeah, so yeah it has. He said, wait two weeks to see the full benefits, but like I'm kind of already like noticing.
Speaker 1: Really yeah, I'm ready. Okay, here we go.
Speaker 2: Yeah the dick's man, I can't imagine you need that much though, like that much what anybody needs? Like, it can't be it's one hundred units, one hundred units fifty on each side.
Speaker 1: She said, you could do twenty five on each side, but it won't be as effective. Are we talking about like syringe units?
Speaker 3: Yeah, like okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, it's a lot of bill tucks. That's a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know the it's.
Speaker 2: On your face.
Speaker 1: You're like, I don't do that. I don't need it. See I got the full full range of motion in those eyebrows.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure if the yeah, what the levels are? So here we are just plugging more doctor Gonzalez work. If anybody needs looking up.
Speaker 1: I have something very special as well that I recently did. That's right, tell us about that. Yes, yes, doctor Gonzalez performed my vasectomy.
Speaker 4: Wow. Yes, So the reason I got the visectomy was I'd performed with two women and I'd also performed with a transgender man that was not on birth control.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: And the possibility for conception is there, yes, no matter what you do, Like, it's the possibilities there.
Speaker 1: If I may cut in, you have mentioned to me before that apparently it's kind of like a staggering amount of women in the industry are not on birth control. Is that correct? Correct?
Speaker 3: That's crazy?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but go ahead, well just just like to caveat that, like birth control can really negatively affect a woman's body and a transgender man's body, okay, really can fuck with their hormones, it can fuck with how their overall cycle and every like. You look at the side effects of birth control, and I'm like, I wouldn't want to take that ship. Yeah, I absolutely would not. And so because I'd performed with women that were not on birth control, in the transgender man that was not on birth control, I was like, I am not trying to have a baby out of this, And so it scared me enough and my anxiety was so high that I reached out to doctor Gonzalez and I was like, hey, yeah, I know, I'm a gated. Yes, I think this is a very smart move on my part to do this. And he was like, yep, that would be a smart idea.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: And so last year, like I did the whole in the state of California because I got it done here. You have to have a consultation and then you have to wait thirty days by law, and after that thirty days you can you have six months to get the procedure done.
Speaker 1: Because they're really.
Speaker 4: Kind of like, are you sure you want to do this? You sure you want to sterilize yourself all this kind of stuff, and is that.
Speaker 1: The reason for the thirty days is to just make sure you are psychologically like, yeah, prepared. Yeah.
Speaker 4: It takes longer to get a vasectomy then it does to buy a gun.
Speaker 1: Geez unpack that, ladies. Wait, is it reversible as cool?
Speaker 4: Last it is, but it's not like a permanent reversal. It's like, if you get it reversed, I believe there's like a seventy percent chance it's effective.
Speaker 1: So it's not.
Speaker 4: Entirely reversible, but it is quote unquote you ask doctor Gonzales, he definitely would know a lot more than I sure.
Speaker 2: And of course you still shoot like good loads.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 4: The only thing that a vasectomy does is it cuts your vas deference. Yes, which is the tube that carries sperm to your prostate, not semen, not semen. Your semen is what's inside your prostate. Think gets blown out every time you blow the load.
Speaker 1: Thank goodness.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I've I've had no change in my overall like volume, popstar change my volume, but like my overall it's everything's the exact same.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Wow.
Speaker 4: So yeah, the after the thirty days I got it done. The recovery for me was a little rough. Really, I've had I've heard from some guys that like the recovery was like, oh, after a day, I was fine, and then I heard another guy that was like, oh for two straight weeks I.
Speaker 1: Was in pain.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sure for me.
Speaker 4: For me it was about a week. But after it was about day four or five, it felt like someone was yanking on my balls every time I stood up, because it was like muscular, it's muscular, what's happening down there? And so like it they would kind of ache from me just standing up. But I called doctor Gazalez and he was like, oh, here's a muscle relaxer. Here's some ibuprofen, and good is new.
Speaker 3: Thanks modern medicine. Yeah.
Speaker 4: And then after that, like it was just a couple of weeks where I was tender a little bit, but like after seven days I was back to normal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and now no.
Speaker 4: Worries of that's I mean, way to be responsible, that's d I was not going to.
Speaker 2: Be the worst.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine? Yeah, oh my god, old Buddy Blossom or whatever. She's like, hey.
Speaker 2: Sorry, You're like, I want to I want to keep it.
Speaker 4: It would be a beautiful baby, but but I wanted to take responsibility for my part in it as a dude. You know, I'm like, it's it definitely kind of is up to me to make sure that I'm not the one impregnating someone else.
Speaker 3: Is a procedure like that covered by insurance? It is okay, it would make sense to be yes, yeah, I mean it is a responsible.
Speaker 1: Act fully covered by insurance.
Speaker 2: Yet great, nice, you want a headshirt deductible a little faster?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So, how what is the ratio between working with gay studios versus straight studios or or female focused studios for me?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Oh, I don't think people are probably not going to be happy about this one. I mean, you don't have to share if you don't want to.
Speaker 4: I absolutely will because I find this interesting and it's the truth is my straight work. There's a lot more opportunity for straight.
Speaker 2: Scenes, and we know that you would rather get paid less and work more correct, So.
Speaker 3: I shouldn't advertise that, right, like.
Speaker 2: In Vegas with a sign.
Speaker 1: Over here with my awards.
Speaker 3: In a radio four. Yes, I was just going to say that, Oh my god, yes, I was like radio fly.
Speaker 2: But you mentioned that, like you're like, people aren't going to be happy about this, Like, because I've got my stuff? How do you deal with people not being receptive to your being fluid in this industry?
Speaker 4: How do I not be Yeah, exactly? How do I not be offensive about this? I'm sure you've run into it as well, the ones basically being like you're not really gay, you're not really gay, you're promoting conversion therapy. You've got to know all of this bullshit to those people specifically.
Speaker 1: And they will be watching because we've been getting a lot of comments on.
Speaker 3: Our YouTube from those people, so we can address them directly, right, will, let's address you directly address.
Speaker 2: And actually, when you say nasty things on YouTube, we can report you.
Speaker 4: What I would honestly say is like, stop being so close minded and stop pushing your thoughts and whatever you think a gay man is on someone else. What I identify is is what I identify is, and that's my fucking business.
Speaker 1: There we go. Amen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love how we looked into the camera.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, I'm addressed.
Speaker 4: Please do please do, because like the sheer number of people I have had to block, I know, because they're like, oh, you're really bisexual or you're.
Speaker 2: Not really You're like what, who cares?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Did you think it was hot?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: That's all I care about, right, that is all I care about. And so yeah, they're they're probably not going to be really happy to know that, Like I'm getting more scenes on the straight side than I am on the gay side. Yeah, and with trans and by and uh, you know, other anything that's not strictly with a cist gender man, I'm getting more scenes in that world.
Speaker 3: So so yeah, so I guess the answer, But you still definitely identify as gay, and the way you would explain that is that you are genuinely more attracted to men. I mean, I know, you are very very adamant about not having any interest in romantic entanglements.
Speaker 1: Correct, But.
Speaker 3: Were there to be such a thing, it would be towards it'd be a man, a cist gender man, a cist gender man. For sure, I need dick, he needs you know what.
Speaker 1: The bottom line is, he's into dick, you guys.
Speaker 3: I and also like plus.
Speaker 4: A fun but exactly yeah, like and I also need just like a nice pair of balls. That's that's that is a thing for me. Like you might have seen some things on Twitter or something like, you know, some one just laying down next to their partner and they're just kind of like playing with their balls.
Speaker 1: I would be the one playing with their balls.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I mean it's like a dad and a pair of balls. But like, I guess I should have prefaced this with the question, with this kind of question, because this isn't a question we get asked very often, but maybe to these people who are watching and to everyone else in the audience, like what makes a person gay?
Speaker 1: What makes you gay? Is it just that you like dick and balls?
Speaker 3: What? What? What? Else?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 3: What? To someone who would argue, and this is often how they say it in much more crude and crass terms, but like, well, if you are also even possibly interested in vagina, what makes you gay?
Speaker 1: Then yeah, I went through the gay struggle. You know.
Speaker 4: I grew up in Alabama in the nineties, and like or I came of age and understand and I started to understand. I was like, oh, I'm into dudes in Alabama in the nineties. Also with like you know, being afraid to have sex because the AIDS epidemic was still and kicked into high.
Speaker 1: Gear in the nineties.
Speaker 4: You know, I went through that struggle of like I don't want to be with women, Like I just don't. It's not my thing, Like.
Speaker 2: You don't envision yourself that life or that life for you?
Speaker 1: Correct? Yeah, correct.
Speaker 4: And there was a creator. His name's Jonah Wheeler. I don't know if he he loved he's a fantashic. We want to get him on this show for sure, you absolutely sure he is. He's a very smart, brilliant, extremely smart.
Speaker 3: He made a.
Speaker 4: Reel or a TikTok where he talked about he was like, I identify as gay because that is the best description of what I am into sexually. He was like bisexual, pan sexual, it's way too broad, like bisexual, you know, assumes fifty to fifty. You could go under way, that's entirely too broad. Pan sexual. I'm like, that's also like I would be so much more gay than anything else. I'm like, it's too broad. It's not gay identifies me best because that is the most accurate predictor of what I'm going to go for with regard to sex, wonderful romance, and anything else.
Speaker 1: Perfect. If I were to be a.
Speaker 3: Plus a plus, I like to say, homo flexible, homo flexible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's good because you know there's hetero flexible.
Speaker 2: You know, you will do stuff with guys like you know, like yeah, film.
Speaker 1: That's what Tommy defendie.
Speaker 3: If you know who Tommy Defendi is, he refers to himself as hetero flexible off to many, very very understandable. And also if you look at my porn list, yeah it's okay. Yeah, mostly balls, just like flying. Yeah. You received I definitely want to give time for this as well. You received another award that was meaningful to you, the Advocacy Award by the Free Speech Coalition. Tell us about your work with them and what that means. This is important, Yes, it is very very please talk about it.
Speaker 4: So for the for the Award of x BIZ has what they also they also have their Executive Award. It's kind of like the companies, the people you know, behind the camera, all of that kind of it's definitely awarding people that have put in work to promote the overall adult industry and to promote sex workers. Pineapple Support is a.
Speaker 1: Very big one there. I know if you're familiar with penal sport.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Pineapple Support so in case anybody's listening, is a mental health organization that works specifically with people in the adult industry.
Speaker 4: Yes, like actively, we'll give you someone just talk to if you're struggling mentally and you're in the euro sex worker.
Speaker 1: Very important work. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So this year the Free Speech Coalition awarded me their twenty twenty five Advocate Award or Advocacy Award, because over the last year I've promoted them at every single turn, and I will promote them now. The Free Speech Coalition is the they're not really a lobbying group, but they are the legal representation for sex workers like that and the sex industry. The reason that we are still that we actually have porn in the United States as it is now is because of the Free Speech Coalition.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: There was a case back in the two thousands called Free Speech Coalition versus Ashcroft, which struck down a law that like basically eliminated any kind of porn. That was it kind of I forget the exact wording of the decision, but it was like, no, you can't restrict this because porn is free speech, right like porn.
Speaker 1: Is free speech.
Speaker 4: You can't restrict this because that's what like and where do you draw the line kind of thing on porn. And so they're the ones challenging laws in state governments, challenging local laws. They just recently argued in front of the Supreme Court about the age verification law in Texas. And so they're the ones that are keeping us in business and keeping us doing what we do. Any chance I get, I am like Free Speech Coalition, please donate, do it, you know, become a member, become a patron. I'm looking at everybody out there because that if you like what you like, you know, if you like watching us and do what we do, you know, it's really good to kind of keep us around. And Free Speech Coalition keeps us around.
Speaker 3: Yeah, speak up for sex workers and adult performers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you've been watching it and you will continue to watch.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: If we're gone, what are you going to jack off to? Exactly?
Speaker 4: Well, the biggest thing is is that if you know, what we do gets shut down, then places that do things illegally or things, you know, people that go into sex trafficking, things like that, it becomes less safe. It becomes less safe. And that's where everybody is because the demand is always going to be there. It is always going to Porn is one of the top five most lucrative industries in the world, like oil is ahead of that, crazy, Yeah, porn is one of the top five, and the demand is going to be there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And so but if you cut off demand where we do it here, we do it legally. We do it with you know, bunny years, with our IDs next to our faces. Hey, we consent to this. Yes, you know, you take that away, it's going to be people that are being sex trafficked. It's going to be people that are doing it against their ill and it's going to be it's not safe for anyone that's in that involved in that.
Speaker 1: Considering the political climate today, do you feel personally as someone who's really well informed about all this stuff that we are in particular higher level of danger of losing the legality and stuff that is in place that the Free Speech Coalition is defending.
Speaker 4: Yeah, first of all, thank you for considering me very informed of it. I appreciate that I have that aura about me.
Speaker 1: You literally won the Advocacy Award.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to remain humble, everyone humble and sexy.
Speaker 1: I do not think that we are in danger of losing it. We are in danger of having restrictions placed on it.
Speaker 2: Sure the in certain places.
Speaker 4: No, at some point I think it will be nationally, they'll have age verification law is put in place. You know, I looked at the transcript from the Free Speech Coalition v.
Speaker 1: Paxton.
Speaker 4: That's the Texas age verification law. The Supreme Court, like, you know, because it's a highly conservative Supreme Court. Now, they were like they realized that porn is free speech, and you can't you know, you can't say that porn is illegal because it's just not. But they are open to the idea of keeping it out of the reach of children, which no one in the adult industry is arguing for that.
Speaker 1: So on, this is interesting to me. Because on paper, to like a conservative mother in Kentucky or somewhere, you know, if you just see they're trying to implement age verification. Obviously on paper, it's like, well I want that.
Speaker 3: What is it about this that is actually dangerous to the industry, Like explain a little bit.
Speaker 2: More people are afraid that it's like giving their information and sharing it. If they type in their birthday and you've.
Speaker 1: Got to upload a picture.
Speaker 2: Of your Yeah, yeah, they don't know where that goes. We don't know where that goes.
Speaker 3: Are you saying there's a risk that if the age very vocation process is more involved, we would lose more business, correct? I see, yeah, because less and less people would be open to sharing their information to view such things.
Speaker 1: Got it. So it's a privacy situation, huge privacy issuet because what these governments are doing, what the state governments are doing, is they're trying to implement a third party verification system which is open to hacking, easily open to hacking. So if you if your thing is I want to watch you know, crazy porn of like bananas getting fired off into someone's asshole, you know, which does probably exist, So you put your information in there as this is what you're viewing, this is what you're trying to access, that could be hacked and then it could be used against you. It could be you like and it could be even used against you in a background check as well. Yeah, and so like it's the it's a massive privacy issue. But also if you implement verification laws like Florida, Texas, Utah, a couple of other states that I can't to Tennessee, like porn hub has already shut down business in those states because they're like went dark. Wow, it just went completely dark.
Speaker 2: And so it's and there's a message saying to support like free speech instead of that. I just watched the story.
Speaker 1: Where where'd you find it?
Speaker 2: It was just on it was just on like ABC. It's like what I have when I it's a big news item.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, because a lot of people in Florida are pretty pissed off about it, as they should be good to know.
Speaker 2: And it's like and it's like, yes, to protect people under eighteen, we have to make everybody else risk their privacy. Like, so that's the problem. They need there needs to be away without having to share all your information to keep kids safe and watch your porn and like it's just a really it's a Gordian knot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what a.
Speaker 2: Gordian solvable problem.
Speaker 1: I've never heard that before. It has taught me something new. I thought there was something in BDSUND. I mean it can be.
Speaker 3: Figure out this puzzle or a Gordian not starring Derek Cage figure out this puzzle, or you get the dildo.
Speaker 1: Yeah cool.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you so much for your work with that and for sharing with our audiences and with us what you know about it.
Speaker 1: What is next for Derek Cage? I mean there's so much going on, Like how much do I give away at this point? Sure, what's left?
Speaker 4: I know, Like since I since I just signed it that agency, you know, I'm just going to be doing everything that I can to you and actively be able to be like a gay man can do this too, Like you know, it's it's another frontier for a gay man to be, Like I'm if they want to, if they want to, yeah, exactly, Like it's the opportunities there, so I definitely.
Speaker 1: Want to do that.
Speaker 4: I want to give more advocate obviously advocacy for free speech, coalition in the sex worker industry in general, and let's just say I'm actively working on something that I'm going to tell my story. Awesome, man, I'm not going to give too much away, but like going to tell my full story.
Speaker 3: I totally support that. I feel like we're all kind of doing versions of that. It's just like, I mean, I think these stories are important. This is why we started this podcast in the first place, is to have people who are in this industry or around this industry share what it's like, what got us here, how we're doing, what we're doing with it, the good, the bad, the ugly.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: The real the real boo love that. Yes, cool.
Speaker 3: This was like the fastest fifty minutes of my life. Like, I just feel like it, just like flew By, You're a joy, a joy to talk to, is always Derek. Congratulations on a lot of sccess. Yes, crushing it, crushing it with a smile like you. I don't there hasn't you know a lot of times a lot of people we have on this, on this podcast or just that we talked to, like there's struggle. There's moments like where like it's just like what am I doing? How much longer have I got? And I just I don't get any sense of that. Do you ever feel that way?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 3: He's like, no, I'm great.
Speaker 4: I will do this as long as my body allows me and as long as studios book me. I love what I do and I will like I hope to be one of those ones when I'm like old and croshety.
Speaker 1: He's just being like that was me.
Speaker 2: Yes, now I'm the old coomer.
Speaker 1: Still coming though. Awesome, but thank you for that. I'm glad that I exude. You know.
Speaker 4: The happiness and success that I've had has just been such a like it's gonna sound cliche as fun, but it's been a blessing that's wonderful.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, two more joy in the industry. I love that and joy? Yes?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Cool? Did I miss anything there? Anything else you want to share? Anything you want to plug? Nothing that I can think to plug or share. I guess we covered a lot of grounds.
Speaker 2: I know we did. I'm like fast, we're like sharp.
Speaker 3: Today, Oh totally yeah.
Speaker 1: No, when it's raining and cold outside, Yes, we've got this. The coffee is kicked in, ready to go. Awesome. When do you leave town? I'm literally going driving back to Vegas as soon as I was.
Speaker 3: So happy we caught you in your last moments and we'll see you next time you're in town. Thank you for rescheduling me, oh my god, no, thank you for being flexible as well. Yeah, and thank you guys so much for watching. And thank you Cold Connor for what you know, for just being your smiley, sweet self best host out.
Speaker 2: Up on the good side of the bed.
Speaker 3: Same. I feel it cool, And thank you Derek, thank you everybody. We love you. My name is Adam Ramsey, I'm Cold Connor. This has been sorry for asking, see you next time. Bye.
Speaker 2: This has been sorry for asking. Be sure to like, comment and subscribe, and until next time, stay sexy.