Speaker 1: All right, starting off to the Minnesota good bye. I know Jenny. Today Jenny is on a spectacular camper van trip to the bad Lands. Now, it's interesting, I don't know much about why she decided to just kind of spontaneo. Because of a little bit spontaneous we weren't sure that she was going to do this right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, she had a different kind of vacation planned that fell through, so she still wanted to go and do something, which is why she's not here today.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, gotcha. Let's see what we got here. Hello, best morning show in the country. I would know because I currently live in Las Vegas and it's astonishing how terrible radio is out here. Didn't Dave get his start here? I think it's because you all bring some authenticity and Minnesota nice and maybe even a little passive aggressiveness that I miss. I'm Heidi, longtime listener since Dave was in Zuba's and Hypercolor Teas. I still catch on all the socials and iHeartRadio. In the shower, I'm writing because my younger millennial hubby was talking about what the young'ins are calling vocal dims weight. Oh yeah, those are favorite musical moments. I'm probably late to this, but maybe don't change the name, but start using that hashtag at least. And my favorite musical moment is and I want to sex you up by color me bad, when randomly in the middle of this ninety song they say dig Now, I'm not sure I can actually play this, but I can try.
Speaker 3: Do you want me to try?
Speaker 2: You kind of if you want? Yeah, I know what she's talking about. With vocal stems. I didn't think that was necessarily musical moments. I always think like, if I say good bit, good bit, good bit, it's because I heard it here and that's a vocal stem. Or do you get it? Bong is a vocal stem because I say it often.
Speaker 3: Like a catchphrase, kind of like.
Speaker 2: A catchphrase, but you'll say it and it just like I don't know, weirdly brings you comfort because it's something you come back to every single time. It kind of like memes. A lot of memes are kind of in that same vein, like I'm tired of this, Grandpa, Well, that's too damn bad. That's a vocal stem, it is?
Speaker 3: What's that from?
Speaker 2: I have no idea, holes, maybe I have no idea.
Speaker 1: So like a vocal stem on this show would be like do you get it bong? Or what's another one? What's the one with Ray J?
Speaker 2: Hell yeah? Pimp yeah yeah? Or good bit, good bit yeah. Vocal stems like when Jenny goes baby.
Speaker 3: I tried to play the color Me bad song.
Speaker 1: It's the one I want to say, you up that that and it samples something from something else and it says light me a candles so we can make a bed of make love till we drown. Dig and I think there's a pause, and then he goes dig Dig Dig, All right, Sonna, thank you. I appreciate that one. You know what, I don't know that Las Vegas radio is weird or bad. I got a good friend Chet that works on klu see out there, and I don't listen to a show, but I'm going to assume it's a really good show. He's been there for like twenty years and he's a wonderful person. But I will say when I first moved to Las Vegas, and this is I was twenty one years old and I had my first morning show at twenty one years old, I had no idea that I had no idea what I was doing. You know, I didn't know what I didn't know, But I went out there just full balls on and did everything that I wanted to do, and for whatever reason, it worked. But I listened to other radio shows and they were terrible. They were very much caught in the nineteen sixties or fifties. Well, the very of us kind of a delivery. Everybody in Las Vegas talked like they thought a DJ should talk. Now we call it puking in the business. And there are some people in this building that I won't name that are DJs that still kind of puke a little bit with they talk. What a one point three KDWB. Now it's not fall and it's not cold, and it's certainly nobody on the show, but there are people in the building. And this is what I noticed in Las Vegas. The liver is like not a eight kl. You see Vegas weather.
Speaker 2: So speak into bandit thanks for turning into.
Speaker 3: The All right.
Speaker 1: Next one starts off bone to pick with you, and it says, Bailey, I've been listening for a while. I've stayed quiet about something that's bothered me. But after the whole men Aren't Funny shirt on Friday, I just had to write in as a twenty two year old woman who actually believes in gender equality. This kind of shirt isn't empowering or funny. It's completely divisive. If a man wore a shirt saying women aren't funny, it would be called that immediately a sexist and anti equality. So why is it okay the other way around? Well, I asked the same question when I saw your shirt on Friday.
Speaker 2: You got real defense with real fast. You're like that man hating shirt that you're wearing. It's a joke off of somebody set. I can't remember who said it, but like in response to an SNL thing, they said women aren't funny, and so those women made a shirt that says men aren't funny, and because women are funny. That's the point it's trying to make, is that women are funny, regardless of men tell them that they are not.
Speaker 1: She goes on for quite a bit, and she gets a little bit, you know, more serious than we really want to get. But I will say that I don't like the I'm gonna go ahead and go there because this is a weird place to go there, but I want to bring it up and see what you think. So the show Adolescence is not based on a real true story. It's based on a series of events that have happened more and more in London, knife attacks on women by young boys, and so in this show Adolescence, a little bit of spoiler alert here if you haven't watched it, But in the show Adolescence, the boy kills a girl that he kind of has a crush on because she basically calls him stupid and ugly and an inceel. Do you know what an inceel is? Yes, now, I'd never heard that word, and I had to, like, you know, pay attention find out. It's an involuntary celibate, meaning a guy who wants to have sex but nobody will have sex with him.
Speaker 2: Right. Well, he blame blames the women for not wanting him.
Speaker 1: Right And so I think one of the things that I don't like in our culture is how it's we don't make fun of certain races, We don't make fun of certain religions unless it's Christians. Of course, it's fine to make fun of Christians and then, but we can also we can absolutely bash on men. And I don't like that because I've got two boys. They're grown, thank god, but I would not want a boy to grow up now thinking that he is a you know, loser, sexist, racist, whatever. And I think that's the message that we send to too many boys, is that they are lesser than and you're a piece of shit and you're violent and whatever. And I think that boys get that message, and just like a kid that's told they're ugly, Like, think about somebody at school, Well, you're ugly.
Speaker 3: They're ugly.
Speaker 1: They're ugly, they're ugly, they're going to start acting in a way, like acting out what do you think.
Speaker 2: I don't necessarily agree because I'm not saying like men are awful. My experiences with men have not been great, and that's what's colored my experience of my life. And so if I complain about men, I am complaining about those experiences that have been like tried and true poor experiences. There are plenty of men that I appreciate, enjoy their company.
Speaker 1: We're saying you, thank you, uh Dayan, Dave, Ryan, thank you.
Speaker 2: But I think, like I definitely see being upset about about like how the whole of the message of like men are bad, but like women have been dealing with that same message, like since the dawn of time. Of like, women are stupid, women can't do anything, et cetera.
Speaker 3: Don't you think that's also in the past.
Speaker 2: Not really, because if in cell still exists, then that mindset around women being lesser is like still still exists as well. So I think men are just upset because they're getting a little bit of a taste of their own medicine.
Speaker 1: Medicine, But a fourteen year old boy has never given anybody a taste of anything. So, in other words, a fourteen year old boy, he's told he's ugly, he's a sexual predator, he's sexist, racist, all these horrible things, But he's just a sweet little fourteen year old boy who ten years ago was playing with his Fisher Price shit on the living room floor.
Speaker 2: Right, But aren't women also told you're ugly or stupid, you can't succeed in anything when they're fourteen?
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: I think so because I was a fourteen year old girl ones now.
Speaker 1: The way, I don't know, I mean, maybe I have a different view of it, But the way I see I see women doing so well and being built up and that type of thing. And I don't know if any only the worst humans are going I wouldn't get on a plane with a female pilot, right, I mean, but there are people like that, just like there are people who'd be like, I would not have anybody of this whatever race as a pilot, or I wouldn't have anybody this religion is a pilot or a doctor.
Speaker 2: People do say that though.
Speaker 3: Only the worst, right, exactly.
Speaker 2: But there's not every single woman in the world as saying men are the worst thing in the world, and I don't want to entertain them ever, because we have to. We have to entertain men. We have to entertain everyone. You have to be around a variety of people. So if somebody thinks that I'm a man hater, then I think they're taking something that they're like misconstruing my words. I'm not a man hater. If I say something about a man specifically, it's due to an experience that I had that was poor. I've had a lot of poor experiences of men, and I feel like that allows me to occasionally complain about them.
Speaker 1: Okay, fair enough, I would say, I'm going to make a comparison that if I go to let's say I go to Rochester and go to Rochester and just imagine that everybody in Rochester is that I meet is a just a jack off. They're just rude, and they spit on me and they call me short, ugly and smelly. Is it then fair for me to say, I'm going to say everybody in Rochester is just you know, just a piece of shit. That might be my experience, but I think I've got to open my mind up a little bit and go, well, that might be my experience. But but I can't sit there and be prejudiced against people in Rochester just because I met or I saw a video of a bunch of people in Rochester and a big bar fight. I can't be like, oh, well, there you go people in Rochester.
Speaker 2: And I'm but I'm not doing that to all men. And so when when people say, like Bailey, such a man hater, they're taking what you just said. They're essentially saying Bailey saying everyone from Rochester is bad. I'm saying that this experience, even with men that man I really enjoyed, respected, we're friends with, and then they've turned and then shown me who they really are, and then I've had a bad experience with that person. And that's happened enough times that I feel like, I'm owed the right to complain about those people occasionally, so but I'm not saying every single time I talk about man man, I make excuses for even shitty dudes on the regular and be like, oh, well, you know, he's probably tired or whatever. So I'm constantly like building up men all the time, and.
Speaker 3: Nobody wants to hear about that.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not you. Not you Why your hair looks fine today?
Speaker 3: Does it look okay?
Speaker 2: We have to?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, tell me more about my hair because I'm really I'm on the last couple of days of this growth project. Yeah, if you don't know, I usually wear my hair like kind of like short and little spiky on the top, very short, like less than an inch maybe about an inch long, and it's probably about three inches or so ish long now. And I got it swooped over to the side. But Bailey said last week it's a little bit too youthful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so did you put something in it today? Nothing at all. I don't. I guess it's the way that it's sitting. It looks more like it's on purpose rather than you just kind of like rolled out of bed and then tried to swoop it to the side, so it looks like you have something in it to give it like volume too, because it does look taller.
Speaker 1: Would you say I look kind of hot? No, no, no.
Speaker 2: But I do like your beard. My mom doesn't. She told me, oh.
Speaker 3: Really, okay, yeah, but I like it.
Speaker 1: And the jury is still out on that one, because you know, I asked certain people men and women, mostly women, honestly, do you like it? And they're like, yeah, they like it. But it doesn't it doesn't change, you know. It's not like I'm getting more dates now, right.
Speaker 2: No, I mean that would be pretty exciting if you did.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's see what else we got here. Okay, by the way, your beard looks great, Thank.
Speaker 2: You so much. Yeah, for sure, I appreciate that.
Speaker 3: Anyway.
Speaker 1: Just to answer this person who says, don't say my name, we always try to keep anything politics out of the show, anything that is like political leaning. You don't know that I am a communist. I am a hardcore communist. You don't know this because I don't talk about it on the radio. But I have a hammer and sickle tattooed on my forehead, yeah, which is the symbol of communism. The hammer and sickle and it's.
Speaker 2: In like the flesh color, so you can't really see unless you're squinting.
Speaker 3: True. True.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So in other words, if we are portraying anything political on the show, then we are not doing it right because we're already like everything is so divisive and you can't even be like, I don't know, people break up friendships and family members because of politics, And I hope you don't mind the fact that I am a communist and I think my saying is to each according to their needs, from each according to their ability. So which you know I have a real ability.
Speaker 2: To communist commune.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I was gonna say my specific is to harvest grain. So and then I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: I'm actually in the Whig Party, the w h Ig the Whig Party of the Whig Party, which is.
Speaker 3: A predecessor to the Republican Party.
Speaker 2: Oh is it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I just me and George Washington, we go way back.
Speaker 3: So was he a wig?
Speaker 2: Ah? Yeah, he was a wig. I'm pretty sure he was a Whig wig Wig.
Speaker 3: The Democrats in the Whigs. All right.
Speaker 1: Next one, Alison writes in thought I'd hit you up as a more kiss Mary ignore scenarios kiss Mary ignore.
Speaker 3: Mm.
Speaker 1: These are fucking weird, Allison, but I love it. I love it. Grilled cheese sandwich, cheese casadella, cheese pizza, kiss Mary ignore. I would ignore the cheese pizza. I would marry the cheesecas idea because there's usually scallions or beans or something in there and chicken, and then a grilled cheese sandwich is like, yeah, I'd kiss it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would ignore cheese pizza. That's boring. I would actually marry the grilled cheese because that's solid, that's always going to be good. And a cheese causadia sometimes it has other things in it, sometimes it doesn't, and I need that bread. So yeah, I'm gonna marry the grilled cheese. Lookout with me every day.
Speaker 1: Bigfoot NeSSI and mothmn NeSSI is the sea monster right, yes? Luckness yeah uckness. So these are, like I said, Alison, they're fucking weird. But I love you for doing this because I like I like weird. I would probably marry Bigfoot because I like big lovers.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like if I if I had a lover that was like six foot five, that'd be hot. You have to lay them diagonally on the bed. You ever hook up with somebody who's so tall they had to lay diagonally on the bed.
Speaker 2: My first boyfriend was six five six'. Five, yeah he was really.
Speaker 3: Tall you have to lay diagonally on the. Bed.
Speaker 2: NO i think he had like an extra long, bed like his was like specifically extra, long and they would always get like the seat in the airport with the extra leg room the exit. ROOM i, see, yeah Long. Lene.
Speaker 1: YEAH i dated a girl who was five to, eleven and, yeah she was very, tall and she it was VERY i don't, know there's something very alluring about a very tall. Lover SO i would Choose, bigfoot And i'd bang the shit out Of. BIGFOOT i MEAN i just say that to provoke.
Speaker 2: You so you're Kissing? Bigfoot are you? Marrying?
Speaker 3: Nah you know? What to probably Kiss?
Speaker 1: Bigfoot, yeah, yeah and Then i'd probably Ignore NeSSI and Marry. MOTHMAN i don't.
Speaker 2: Know, YEAH i would definitely Kiss mothman because he is very mysterious AND i think he's. Hot mothman is just freaking. HOT i would Marry. NeSSI i feel like we would have a good time together and then ignore bigfoot because like, dudes Just, HARRY i don't know his feet are. Big that's. Weird he like lives in the. Woods that's.
Speaker 3: Weird that's.
Speaker 2: Weird.
Speaker 1: Okay next, one it says not for The Minnesota, goodbye just a Story i've been dying to tell.
Speaker 3: You, Well i'm gonna read it. Anyway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Uh shannon writes in, Said i've been dying to tell this story for, months BUT i promised my NIECE i wouldn't put it on The Minnesota. Goodbye she moved and doesn't love me, anymore so here Goes okay. WHATEVER a few days After Boo bash in twenty twenty, FOUR i found out my niece had actually. Attended now this is The Boo? Bash where did we do?
Speaker 2: This?
Speaker 1: Bobash Cowboy jack's? Right, okay as one of my dressed As Gary. Spivey, YES i was, jealous but for different, reasons entirely me excited. Least so did you Meet, Dave Jenny Bailey vaunt Or Gary spivey niece with a confused? Look, nah her that me dumbfounded the host And gary's a, psychic big white haired dude giving psychic. Readings niece nonchalantly there were two, big white haired. Dudes me, Confused, now why did you even, go? Niece Because Jonah moray AND i follow each other on socials and he asked me to come and hang. OUT i was seriously. Disappointed as for, me you guys were the stars to meet any of. Who my niece still actually loves me and lives In nashville, now but grew up in Cold, Spring. Minnesota i'll share a link to her most recent. Song it's really. Good i'm simply, sharing so listen or not as you. Please, Nice i'm gonna play a little clip of it here you.
Speaker 2: Ready jonanamray is her, friend.
Speaker 3: Joving home with the sun in my. Eyes ALL i can think about is HOW i don't want.
Speaker 2: To come back, home back to.
Speaker 3: You awkward conversation with the forced, smile pretending everything's all, right putting on a good act.
Speaker 2: For who is stephe' say it feels. Heavier it's a, pattern not personal.
Speaker 3: Good, WAIT i want to hear where it kicks.
Speaker 2: In i'm gonna let you.
Speaker 3: INTERESTING i won't play the whole thought.
Speaker 1: SONG i wanted to wait for it to kick in because people will send me their songs, sometimes And i've been doing this long enough to, know like what is a good, song like a radio friendly, song and what is? Not and you know there have been some that are radio friendly and then some that are. Not i'd say that's kind of Mid, honestly.
Speaker 2: She sounds like radio friendly to. ME i mean that sounds Like Olivia. Rago she looks.
Speaker 3: Beautiful she is.
Speaker 1: Beautiful, yeah she definitely is. Beautiful and that is definitely a factor in today's. MUSIC i mean it always has been stars of all most celebrity singers outside of who's the funny looking guy with the red hair not Ed Sheeran.
Speaker 2: Sharon's funny look and he is not.
Speaker 3: Cute he's not. Cute but the other guy caratp no.
Speaker 1: In the, day bleeds in the, nightfall and you're not here to get through it all and then not down when the pull their Ruh Leuis capaldi not an attractive? Guy, No But i'd only give her, no he's. Not he's not attractive at, all but he's got a big personality and super. Talented SO i would give your friend one piece of, advice and that is that.
Speaker 2: Your, niece what isn't her her?
Speaker 1: NIECE i think your niece right, Exactly and that. Is it's all about the recording, process and you've got to have people who know exactly what they're. Doing you cannot record a hit radio song in your. Bedroom you cannot record a hit radio song in your friend's. Garage it's got to be mixed well for. Radio it's got to be able to punch. Through the vocals have got to be radio. Ready, yeah so there's a lot to. It it sounds like.
Speaker 2: She just moved To, nashville so hopefully she Has, yeah and she's Him ray is moving To.
Speaker 3: Nashville is he moving To?
Speaker 2: Nashville, yes so he's moving away FROM la To. Nashville if you.
Speaker 1: Want to look her, up her name Is Stella hennan st e l L a H E N N E.
Speaker 2: N that's nice.
Speaker 3: And so, YEAH i, mean good for, Her so keep it. Up, Stella It's.
Speaker 1: Stella let's see if there's anything else that we want to hit on here on The Minnesota. GOODBYE a lot of dog and cat, stories SO i will preface, those OR i will preread those a little bit. Later dave and the rest of. YOUSE i was annoyed by the Constant chumba casino ads that used to Run they have, subsided BUT i also Noticed ryan doing those ads on other stations AND tv. Commercials he's on an airplane Playing Chumba. CASINO i gotta, say at, FIRST i was concerned for mister C kress BECAUSE i thought to, myself this guy needs to take a. Break he works way too. Much but on further, INSPECTION i think he has a gambling. PROBLEM i, mean come, on, dude this is funny. Shit this is funny. SHIT i, mean come, on, dude you can't go on one flight without gambling On Chumba. Casino you really need to set the doctor's office waiting room and hit them. Slots, Please, ryan we love, you get some, help get off the chump of. Casino this email paid for by the chump Of Casino Gaming COMMISSION. Llc Dart lick e COAL. I now that's a joke about getting e coli from eating. Ass oh, yeah now that's From joe out In, Turlock. California, joe thank you very. Much uh going to delete that, one AND.
Speaker 3: I think that's.
Speaker 1: It i'm gonna, say hold, on, wait there's one. More i'm a little behind on My minnesota goodbyes From. Patty just heard the episode about Doctor harder l m. Ao, now remember my wife has a. Doctor the doctor's NAME i think it's a woman who is named Doctor, harder which makes me laugh because in my, mind you go Doctor, Harder Doctor. HARDER i had an ob g Y n lady doctor whose name was no joke Doctor, washbush no joke W a S h w as.
Speaker 3: C h B h Doctor.
Speaker 1: Washbush WHEN i called the, schedule they told me THAT i was getting scheduled with Doctor. WASHBUSH i had to try extremely hard to keep my. Composure it's, like did you get into this specialty because of your name or did your name come after you were already in this? Specialty love you? Right no dart looking for, Me but wouldn't mind refining a? Receiver oh being a, receiver to see how it, is to see how it. Is, oh, yeah it's. Wonderful your anus is full of nerve. Endings What i'm just telling, you uranus is full of nerve.
Speaker 3: Endings, okay write? Down what are you gonna call the episode? Though uranus is full of nerve?
Speaker 1: Endings, no, no, Fine thank, You, patty AND i hope you get your ass eating one.
Speaker 2: Day gosh