Speaker 1: Ripped news needed. That's when you don't have.
Speaker 2: Come running just as fast as we can.
Speaker 3: Shooter's gonna help come.
Speaker 4: Man Dix is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, Hi Tom Martino.
Speaker 5: Here, let's do it again, solving problems, answering questions, taking complaints, just basically telling you what's right and wrong in the world. Well, actually, we all tell each other what's right and wrong, don't we. That's what we do here on the show, and been doing it for forty five years in Denver, and we are so happy to be here.
Speaker 4: Welcome.
Speaker 5: If you're joining us and you're streaming on YouTube, that's wonderful. If you're downloading our podcast from iHeart or Spotify or anywhere else, or if you simply are listening on the radio, we love that too. We want you to call through three Martino twenty four seven, three oh three six two seven eight four sixty six. And also if you have any concerns whatsoever, you can call us there with any time, and then we'll get you on the next show, so you never have to wait on hold. Of course, when we're on here live, you can call three oh three seven one three talk. That's the iHeart number here in Denver to seven one, three, eight two five five and you'll get right through as well. We also are talking about UH. We also have other ways to communicate. I have a personal Google number that actually goes to my cell phone that you can text at any time for any kind of information, including financial advisement that we're doing with Wave eight Wealth Management, and that you can text me if you have questions, or you can question anything on the show or offer me information. One guy, for example, it's seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty one guy.
Speaker 4: Yesday.
Speaker 5: I think I might've been talking this, I don't know, but he happened to text me because I had a scuff on my bumper, like a scratch and almost looks like paint came off from the other car. And it was there when I got out of the gym. I thought it was the gym. They checked the security footage wasn't there. It was at Park Meadows right before I went there. And man, that's rude, isn't it When you hit somebody's car and you don't even stop, or you don't put a note and you just leave anyway. Yeah, I swear to God, the people are getting worse and worse and worse and worse and worse. They really are. I mean, there's a lot of nice people, but as far as the it seems like the bad are getting worse, and we just seemed to think we can get away with everything right anyway. So he for this is an example. He texted me saying, Hey, I got a guy. He's mobile, he works with several dealers, and he fixed my car. It was wonderful, he says. I'm very picky. I had deep scratches in it. He's standard blended painted. So that's something to consider because when you go to a body shop, you better you better well think three weeks, no matter what, three weeks minimum and probably two grand. I don't think any body shop anywhere you can get under two grand and under three weeks.
Speaker 4: That's just a fact of life.
Speaker 5: So anyway, you can text me there at the Google voice number seven four seven eighty or the short code for iHeart.
Speaker 4: We have a number.
Speaker 5: You put Tom in there, and and well not in the code, but you just put Tom in the message, it'll come to me. It's five seven seven three nine five seven seven three nine. And then of course if you go to YouTube look for the Troubleshooter network and then what you can do is hit the chat and talk to us or send me a message. Uh, let's go to uh, Deputy D.
Speaker 4: Deputy D. I think I saw you talking to someone about the robot dog.
Speaker 5: Yesterday a guy called kind of lonely. I mean it was really sad if you think about it. I mean, he really was upset. His name is Chris, and he has disabilities. He couldn't take care of his emotional support dog. He really, literally he said, could not take care of his dog. His friend took his emotional support dog, and he bought a mechanical dog, a Sony a bo aibo. It's a play on a Japanese word and also on AI artificial intelligence Sony a ball abo robotic dog. And it malfunctioned and he says he can't get them to do anything about it.
Speaker 4: He spent like three grand on this thing. I think.
Speaker 6: Yeah, with options, it came to about three and a half thousand dollars and.
Speaker 5: It's supposed to be a dog that learns, and I mean he really was looking forward to it. He gave it a name and everything. It was a sad in my opinion, a sad story.
Speaker 4: But anyway, a heartbreaking case. It back to Sony.
Speaker 5: Sony says, you know, there's nothing wrong with it that we can see, and this guy said, there's all kinds of things wrong with it, and he paid extra so the eye colors would change, and it's it's quite impressive online when you look at it. There's something on there that says it's sold as a final purchase and no refunds, which is weird for a Sony product, right. I think they're partnering with this Abo robot Dog. And in any case, even if there are no refunds, and even if purchases are final, for goodness sakes, you would think that they'd have some kind of warranty for it working.
Speaker 4: Were you able to get through to Sony.
Speaker 6: I spoke with not the primary contact, but someone who works with her and I you mean in the repair department, right, Yeah, you know I was. First of all, let me just give you a little bit of a background. The timeline is a lot more compressed than I thought. The Sony Dog shipped only on the seventeenth, and so he only got it about a month ago.
Speaker 4: So he got the whole thing a month ago. Yeah, and it didn't.
Speaker 5: He didn't seventeenth of October, September, September, okay, and then it went.
Speaker 4: Back to Sony on October fourth. So they've only had it twenty days. That's yeah, that's what it looks like.
Speaker 6: However, there is you know, twenty days doesn't sound unreasonable, but there is a big asterisk there. According to Chris, Natalie at the repair center told him that the entire body of the dog needs to be replaced.
Speaker 4: That has to come from Japan, and the whole body of the dog. Yeah, why not just replace the damn thing?
Speaker 6: Well, it's a really good question, Tom, This is why I called Sony. So she said it will take months to do that, and then she also, yeah, So Chris and I discussed what the two acceptable options would be. Of course, he's very very reasonable. He said, if they can't repair it or replace it, he would like to get a refund. Bush is a reasonable request, and if they can If they don't want to give him a refund, be okay with either a completely repaired dog, but you know, sooner rather, you know, than the months and months that Natalie thinks it will take, or just the complete replacement provided the dogs Well, the lady that I spoke with is going to pass my name and phone number to Natalie, who was busy she couldn't take my call just now. But you know, it was very easy to get to the Sony Electronics repair center, and it was very easy to get through to somebody who works with Natalie. So I'm optimistic that I'll be able to speak with her very you know during today's show.
Speaker 5: Good good, all right, three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. I want to go to the phones and talk to Kirsten. Kirsten, what's going on? Hi, Kirsten, thank you so much for.
Speaker 7: Taking my call.
Speaker 4: What's happening?
Speaker 7: I have a new system in fall my repair that was sent to me through American home Shield. I'm an American home Shield clientt okay, So you.
Speaker 5: Got a brand new HVAC system that was and was it done as part of that warranty?
Speaker 7: Yes, I have a client of Americans. They had a special going where seventy five hundred dollars you could have a new HVAC system installed. So I had this done on March fourteenth of twenty twenty three, and then June.
Speaker 5: Third, we're having a little hold on Kirsten, you're kind of fading in and out a lot on your phone. I understand you had a new HVAC through American Home Shield March of twenty twenty three.
Speaker 4: But yeah, okay, that's a little better. So what's going on now?
Speaker 8: Okay, So.
Speaker 7: From my bathroom in my home, I had noticed that I was, you know, cleaning a lot, trying to get it cleaned up, but there was still a smell. And then on June seventh, right after I started running the air conditioner for the first time, the ceiling began leaking water from the ceiling. And then shortly after that we discovered there had been a water week because they did not fit the couplings together correctly when they installed the unit.
Speaker 5: But where's the water coming from? Air conditioning doesn't have water in it.
Speaker 7: It was coming from so the furnace and the coil are up in the attic of mycing so it goes up through the attic, and so the water was coming through the registers in the bathroom. So they we called CNR Repair out. They came out and they discovered they did not fit the couplings together correctly when they installed the unit. So they admitted fault. They admitted that they smelled, you know, something in the bathroom, and they filed a claim with their insurance, Acuity insurance.
Speaker 4: That's their insurance, not yours, right, Yes.
Speaker 7: Their insurance, because they accepted fault for this.
Speaker 2: So and then by.
Speaker 7: Let's see here. Then shortly after that, the AC units stopped working all together on June twenty first, and then there was a smell that began to just fill the entire home, this chemical smell, kind of a perfume smell. So I had them come out again, had city inspectors come out and stuff. They found there had been a refrigerant leak also in the unit, so we had them come out seeing our repair and they supposedly fixed the unit again, they did not pressure test it. They flooded it. They filled it with refrigerant a second time. So they flooded my home with refrigerants twice. I was out of my home for two months.
Speaker 5: They had two wait wait wait, you were out of your home because of this for two months?
Speaker 4: I was yes, well why two months?
Speaker 7: Because of the smell in the home. I had letters from my physician and then from my veterinarian. Because I have a golden retrieverse dating it was unsafe for us to be in the home because of these chemicals that were.
Speaker 2: In the home.
Speaker 5: Where does it stand right now? This was twenty twenty.
Speaker 7: Three, Yes, it is. It was twenty twenty three. So I was out of my home from the end of June until the beginning of September.
Speaker 4: While now, who paid for that?
Speaker 7: The insurance company does not want to reimburse me for my time out of my home because I stayed with my father.
Speaker 8: Who is you got to have a real that's why you got a haymark.
Speaker 4: I didn't know you were signed on.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but they're not going to reimburse you for something that was free. That's not how insurance works. If someone came over and fixed your kitchen, for example, for free, they're not going to reimburse you.
Speaker 9: Sure.
Speaker 5: Sure, So now now hold on, though, if you had extraordinary is because you were out of your home, there might be some reimbursement for some expense.
Speaker 8: I know generally there is, tom but she's saying she had zero.
Speaker 4: Hmmm.
Speaker 5: Is that what you're saying, Kirsen, You had no out of pocket?
Speaker 7: That is correct because my father was very kind and allowed me and my golden retriever to live with him during these two months. But I'm still trying to get continued mitigation on the home because they're still it's about ninety percent gone now, but every once in a while I will still catch it with of something. And my concern is.
Speaker 5: Been but is the HBAC system completely working now?
Speaker 4: Ye?
Speaker 10: It is.
Speaker 7: They came out and they he and our repair agreed to replace the air conditioners. So they replaced the air conditioner and the coil a second time because they had it had been running without refrigerant and that's like running a car without engine and the oil, you know, without oil and the engine. So they we got them to replace the air conditioner coil which is up in the attic a second time. So the unit is working.
Speaker 5: Okay, So the un is working. Our only issue right now is environmental?
Speaker 4: Is that right?
Speaker 5: It is?
Speaker 9: Yes.
Speaker 7: I'm trying to get the smell removed from my home so that I can sell the home for full market value. That's my concern. And the insurance company is it.
Speaker 4: Just smell or is it residual chemical?
Speaker 11: I don't know that.
Speaker 7: I don't know. I did have the mitigation company did do an initial round of chemical testing, and they said that there were low levels of volatile organic compounds in the home. But you know, low level is.
Speaker 9: Not no level.
Speaker 4: So okay.
Speaker 5: There is a company that I used to deal with many years ago that specialized in odors and in mitigation of chemicals and stuff like this called.
Speaker 12: Stink Ink stink Ink. Okay, I know it's crazy. Stink I n C stinkink dot com. Mark We ought to reach out to them again. They used to be on their refurless years ago.
Speaker 5: I think it's it looks like it's the same principles of this company they've extended go ahead.
Speaker 7: I was going to say. The situation right now is my mitigation company wants to bring in a second odor reloval company called Biosweep that they they will fully remove the odor. It's going to be about, you know, thirty five hundred dollars or so to have that done. The insurance company only wants to pay fifty percent of the mitigation on Now, why is that?
Speaker 5: Why Why do they feel they should only pay fifty percent.
Speaker 7: Because they feel like they've tried it one time before. They feel they well, that's tough, that's tough, exactly exactly exactly.
Speaker 8: Well, then you need to get a public adjuster or someone involved to fight your insurance company.
Speaker 5: Well it's not her insurance company she's fighting, it's their insurance company.
Speaker 8: Well, then she needs to sue them for the amount I.
Speaker 7: Need to sue the insurance company for the amount of that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you don't want to You don't want to sue anybody at this point. I understand. But that's what technically they're going to be responsible to you. I mean, that's a small claims court issue to that thirty five hundred. That's the good news is that is small claims. But first, let us have somebody take a stab at it. What do we have on today?
Speaker 4: What we've got?
Speaker 13: Deputy bow here a deputy.
Speaker 5: Dog Okay, Deputy bow especially Deputy bow In.
Speaker 10: This question for Kirsten.
Speaker 14: You know, before you do all of this, you might go and, uh, do you have the CA Do you have the ability to change the filter in the HVAC system.
Speaker 7: Yes, we've done that. We've done that several times.
Speaker 14: You might want to purchase a carbon filter, a carbon activated filter, carbon filters.
Speaker 5: Do you know what that that it could be in the filter of that system. They should probably have that HVAC system cleaned.
Speaker 14: Yes, like the oil in the refrigerant could be lingering in the ductwork, but I would vest in the reason both buy a carbon activated filter and then change it every week.
Speaker 8: And that may have it.
Speaker 5: But still I want you to call Bow to see if they can pay for some more mitigation.
Speaker 4: Okay, hang on check and Chris Kirson, We'll.
Speaker 5: Let you talk to Ball off their three all three seven one three talk seven one three a two five five. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three oh three seven one three talks.
Speaker 4: It on three A two five to five. All right.
Speaker 5: We are solving problems, answering questions, taking complaints, making the life a little easier now on the text message who also somebody on seven four seven nine nine I fifty two any recommended public adjuster. Public adjusters don't fight for now. Now, there's nothing wrong with getting a public adjuster to find out what is wrong and what is involved, because a regular adjuster for the other party for their insurance probably won't be as inclusive as somebody you hire for yourself. But they don't fight the other insurance company for you because you don't have a contractual relationship. I guess they could negotiate for you technically, but there is no threat of trouble damages, there is no bad faith, there is nothing to go after them. That's it's just a regular lawsuit for loss, and you don't take it. You don't sue the other insurance company. You sue the other the party that did it, the installer. So in this case, while a public adjuster can offer a lot of useful information, a public adjuster probably is not the way to go for fighting that other company. You'd want to get an attorney and just suit for damages, and you would sue not the insurance company, but the person who caused the damages. Our number is regular number, the iHeart number three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five, and then of course you can always call three oh three Martino twenty four seven, three oh three six two seven.
Speaker 4: Eight four sixty six.
Speaker 5: So a deputy doc during the break, I think it was during the break, was asking the literacy rate for the number one state for literacy and you were surprised, Doc, it was North Dakota. Why that There's not many people there, so probably literacy per capita is pretty high. Right, what did do they have a list of their states and literacy?
Speaker 4: Where does Colorado go on that list? Do you have a list?
Speaker 10: I'm getting it. Hold on.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And then as far as states and cities, did you know I didn't know this that Colorado is ninety.
Speaker 4: Oh, that's pretty cool.
Speaker 15: Ninety President is ninety one, Utah's ninety one, Wyoming's ninety two.
Speaker 5: So is that so we're among the highest two then in the nation's for yeah, for sure?
Speaker 4: Okay, and that is ninety three. Also, Now as far as what's the worst state, let me look go to the bottom of the list there.
Speaker 10: California is seventy nine.
Speaker 4: Okay, it is not surprising, it's seventy nine. The lolo.
Speaker 8: Yes, it's got to be like, oh that is yep, that's lower than say, Kentucky.
Speaker 10: Kentucky is see, Mississippi is.
Speaker 15: Yeah, Mississippi, Louisiana, and Alabama all in the eighties.
Speaker 5: Wow, Okay, now the number what would you think the most expensive city is in the country?
Speaker 10: Uh, San Francisco or New York.
Speaker 4: It's Minneapolis. Really yeah.
Speaker 5: As far as they take the population, they take the average salary, the average home price, average monthly rent, average expenses, come up with a formula and this and and what's amazing is they come up with the number one, and that is Minneapolis. And I'm shocked at these, by the way. Number two, oh no, no, it's I'm sorry, Minneapolis is not the most expensive, but it's in the top twenty.
Speaker 4: I've started at twenty. Let me start at one though. One.
Speaker 5: You're right if you said New York, right, New York, it's the most expensive.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry. San Francisco would be next. I don't think anyone's surprised by that.
Speaker 5: Then Honolulu, Hawaii, so all of those I understand completely. Boston for sure, that's number four. And now that's yeah, okay, And number five most expensive is Washington, d C. Now what do these have in common? Can we say they are red or blue? New York City is one two, He's a blue.
Speaker 10: You'll be hot pressed to find it's not blue.
Speaker 5: Boston's blue. So the top So you're saying just the city five at Washington, d C?
Speaker 4: Is blue.
Speaker 5: So so far the top five most expensive cities. But is that a do you really believe?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I guess you're right that most cities are blue.
Speaker 5: San Diego, California is number six, Seven is Los Angeles the most expensive, Seattle, Washington is number eight eight. You know Sacramento, Sacramento is the ninth most expensive, the tenth of Chicago so far every single Now the eleventh is Miami. Would you call Miami blue or red?
Speaker 10: Well, I would say blue. What I did say that it'd be blue without knowing the details.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 5: And then Raleigh, North Carolina is the twelfth, and Denver comes in at thirteenth in the top twenty. Then we have Portland after US in number fourteen. Tampa is number fifteen, Philadelphia sixteen, Atlanta seventeen, and this is where eighteen is New Orleans. And then where Charlotte, North Carolina is nineteen and then twenty is Minneapolis. So when I said that was one, it's in the top twenty and it's twentieth.
Speaker 4: But that's amazing to me that.
Speaker 5: It is, uh that there's so many if they're so in other words, different parts of the country in the top twenty. And I'd like to know, and I don't have the stat here, what is the most economic place to live?
Speaker 4: Now? What Barry Miller was doing in.
Speaker 5: Vestera, by the way, is he was looking He looks at markets for rentals, because you know, he helps you get into that business. That's a long story, and he's a sponsor. But in any case, he looks at, you know, where is the best place and the best markets for appreciation of rentals where you also get the best home prices to buy and then you also get good rent prices. And he puts together that research in order to know where to buy rentals. So there are so many matrix now that you can use, so many different characteristics you can use for all kinds of investing or where to live, where to move, what to do, And it really is useful. I mean, the information we have at our fingertips, right now is amazing to me.
Speaker 4: And how you can make.
Speaker 5: Such wise decisions if you put the information to work.
Speaker 4: So many people do kneed your crap.
Speaker 5: My brother the other day was talking about buying rentals in He picked the Moine, Iowa. And I said, well, why did you pick the moy And he said why I was going on across country and it looked like a nice city and it looks like, you know, hard working people, and he thought that would be a good place for rentals. Again, a lot of people do things on a motion or gut. Other people use an actual matrix of elements three three seven.
Speaker 4: Well, go ahead.
Speaker 15: One thing you can never go wrong is buying a place in a college town. You know, if you look at Boulder or an aubor or any place where there's a major college.
Speaker 10: The rentals are of course yeah, printing money.
Speaker 5: But even though the rentals might be good, doc one of the things you got to keep in mind, and this is what Barry Miller taught me fs Terra Turnkey.
Speaker 4: Even though the rents might be high, the appreciation might be low, or the price you pay going in is.
Speaker 5: So high you're not going to make a lot of money on the rentals. Or stuff, or you know, or the mortgages. I mean, there's so many more dynamics.
Speaker 4: But you're right.
Speaker 5: The college towns will keep things rented, but you don't necessarily make a big return on your money. Now, speaking of real estate, Frank durand the real Estateman dot com will let you know what your.
Speaker 4: House will sell for.
Speaker 5: If you're looking to get out of the state, out of the city, or you just want to make a lateral move, they'll let you know what your house will sell for. And it's a free analysis because and there's no obligation to list, but so many people want information. First three oh three, nine two zero, sixteen twenty two, Frank durand the real estate Man dot com. Go with a sure thing, Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent until your content on top of it.
Speaker 5: For an insurance checkup, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three O three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 4: Gary's on the phone.
Speaker 5: Hello Gary, what can we do for you? What's happening?
Speaker 2: Sir?
Speaker 10: Hey Tom?
Speaker 16: Last November I had to find a new urologist. I picked Pike Speak your Logical Associates from Colorado Springs. At the time, I was cash pay. I called them and asked them what the see was. They said two hundred and thirty five dollars plus anything extra they had to do, like ultrasound to see if your bladder's MTN out.
Speaker 5: Now now hold on, now, Now you are originally needed to pick a urologist or urology practice. For what reason? Do you have ongoing problems? Gary, and your previous one's gone? Or explain that to me?
Speaker 16: Yeah, yeah, the previous urological doctor he moved out of state, practice closed. I get treated for an enlarged prostate.
Speaker 4: So yeah, yeah, okay.
Speaker 5: Now, now obviously, obviously it must be a little complicated because normally that's not a real that's you don't necessarily need to go to a specialist for that for BPH.
Speaker 4: If that's what you have, if it's benign prostate.
Speaker 10: It depends on what his PSA is.
Speaker 4: Tom Yeah, what what? But Gary? What was your I'm just now there's reasons.
Speaker 5: I'm asking this, by the way, because I think this is going into insurance.
Speaker 4: But what is your PSA?
Speaker 10: It was eight?
Speaker 4: It was what.
Speaker 2: Eight?
Speaker 5: Wait a minute, it's a like in one, two, three, four, five six?
Speaker 16: Jeesus outs eight oh and I take two prescriptions.
Speaker 5: By the way, Gary, you know, I want to ask the obvious. You were tested for prostate cancer, right, correct?
Speaker 10: I have BOPS.
Speaker 16: He's done on the prostate nearraw negative.
Speaker 5: Really, hey, Doc, have you ever heard of that hive a PSA without cancer?
Speaker 2: Is?
Speaker 4: Doc?
Speaker 10: He just dropped didn't have prostates?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 10: I know, but you know, I know, I'm just kidding.
Speaker 4: Doc. You know about it? I mean, have you ever No?
Speaker 2: I have not.
Speaker 5: Okay, Now, Gary, like I said, okay, so you picked this place Pike's Peak, and and what went wrong?
Speaker 4: I mean, what's the problem.
Speaker 16: Well, they told me the the office visit was two thirty five plus any of the little extra.
Speaker 4: It's like, now, why are you self pay well at.
Speaker 16: The time, I didn't have any healthings, okay age, But so then I get a bill for three hundred and sixty five dollars plus the little extra charges, and I call and tell them that they built me wrong because I paid the cash when I had the.
Speaker 5: Office visit, and they're supposed to let you know all charges when you asked.
Speaker 4: You know, Mark has a real problem with this with this law because, like you said.
Speaker 5: Mark, explained your issue with this because we always talk about this law.
Speaker 8: Well, I'm talking more or less about hospitals and emergency rooms. Though they passed a rule or a law that says they have to post prices. The problem is if they don't, there's nothing that happens. There's absolutely no ramifications to breaking the law.
Speaker 5: Now, Mark, I also believe that law is incumbent upon private clinics as well just regular health care facility. And I'm not sure they have to just post it conspicuously or is it something people ask about.
Speaker 4: We should get someone to explain that once and for all.
Speaker 5: But in any case, so Gary, they said two fifty five and your bill was over four hundred now two five two thirty five?
Speaker 16: Sorry, Well may I paid that at the time. I had the office visit, and then the next month I get a bill for three sixty five plus the extras, and I paid the extras, but I didn't pay this.
Speaker 4: How much were the extras?
Speaker 16: It was like forty five dollars something long?
Speaker 5: Okay, So why did they go from two thirty five to three sixty five?
Speaker 16: They just tell me that's the charge? And I talked to billing every month for about eight months. They said they would correct it.
Speaker 4: They don't now, no, no way, do you have proof? Hold on? Hold on?
Speaker 5: Why did someone tell you to thirty five? If it was three sixty five? If they said that's the price, then who misquoted you?
Speaker 15: There would have.
Speaker 16: Been the people in the medical office.
Speaker 4: Do any of them admit that they they did that? Well?
Speaker 16: When I call the office to talk.
Speaker 4: Hold on, I got hold on.
Speaker 5: Let me give you a little more time and let me take this break. I got more coming up. I want to find out about this. Everyone should be concerned about clinics because it happens all the time. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a.
Speaker 5: Cent until you're content. Please time for an insurance check up? Free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Artino here three three even won three talks seven one three eighty five five. Okay, so Gary, you know it seems like a simple matter. You were quoted two thirty five. They charged you three sixty five for an office visit. But will they admit that they gave you the wrong price or do you have it in an email or somewhere you can show them, because if we call them, they'll simply say.
Speaker 4: Three sixty five is our price.
Speaker 16: Oh I've called several times. They tell me, yeah, you're right two thirty five. We'll update your billing. And then the next month I get a bill with the three sixty five.
Speaker 5: I call billings, Well, why would you get the three sixty five if you've already paid the two thirty five.
Speaker 16: Well, it shows three sixty five and a credit to two thirty five.
Speaker 4: So it's a ballots due. Okay, got it? Got it?
Speaker 5: So okay when you call, when you call, they keep just billing you the same amount.
Speaker 16: Yeah, they said, oh yeah, you're right, we'll correct it, and then it doesn't get correct.
Speaker 5: But I want to ask you something straight up. If I went in there today for a for a and I went in there for something visit, would it be three sixty five?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 16: I haven't I haven't called anonymous plea or anything and ass but you know this was last November. It we're almost a year later.
Speaker 5: And and doctor Billy, Yeah, okay, did they say.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we'll correct it now, Well we can call for you.
Speaker 5: The problem is going to be the same old crap with the medical stuff. It's well, I know, but he can sign something saying they can talk to us. But let's see if we can come up with some suggestions for him. Meanwhile, people give us a call three all three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation in comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ripped up. You need that so you don't have.
Speaker 2: Run anxious stas as you can show.
Speaker 3: Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 17: Come man, this is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, Hey.
Speaker 5: Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three all three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. We're here helping you to solve your problems. Answers your questions, take your complaints. And one thing that came up about medical clinics, they're supposed to show pricing.
Speaker 4: I don't know any of that are I don't know any of that are They're.
Speaker 5: Supposed to show pricing, and if they don't, nothing happens. This guy was told an office visit was going to be two sixty five.
Speaker 4: He was built three sixty five.
Speaker 15: Well, Tom, you know there's probably a legal distinction between a clinic and a private practice.
Speaker 4: So you know, when you're talking about how do you figure that?
Speaker 10: Well, because when I was what is the law called?
Speaker 4: By the way, I want to look it up. What is this law called?
Speaker 10: I don't know of hand, but there's a big difference between it's a private practice.
Speaker 4: The name of that laws.
Speaker 15: What's that for, doc, There's a difference between a clinic and a private practice.
Speaker 10: So I'm not sure what to take.
Speaker 4: I mean, the law would be why would they get away? Okay, I I don't know if I agree with that.
Speaker 5: I mean, obviously, you know, there might be a difference in business structure and stuff.
Speaker 8: But if they're I'm already sure it's just hospitals what you're referring to really market.
Speaker 10: That much as I hate to admit it, Well, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I mean, I don't know anything about the law really. I haven't really made myself aware of it, and I don't know.
Speaker 6: Okay, it's called Colorado's Hospital Price Transparency.
Speaker 4: It's only hospital price.
Speaker 6: It's called Yeah, I'm gonna download the entire body of law and okay.
Speaker 4: Then that that explains it.
Speaker 5: So Mark, Yeah, it seems to be just medical You know, like hospitals. Gary, Well, we'll research it again. Doc had some advice for you, though, DOC says, ignore it. What are they going to do, Gary, They don't sue anymore, They can't ding your credit for it.
Speaker 4: What are they gonna do? You know?
Speaker 16: I just wondered if it was going to go on the credit report.
Speaker 4: They don't do it anymore. Well, they don't do it anymore.
Speaker 8: Well, I'm not so sure about that, but they can turn it over to collections. Of course. I don't know how the reporting works right now, but I think after a year they can go ahead and report it on your credit. But they would still have to take you to court and actually get the judgment.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 16: I would be prepared to go to court.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't think they Yeah, how are you going to prove it?
Speaker 8: Well, it's one hundred and twenty eight bucks. I don't think anybody's gonna waste their time bringing them to court for one hundred and twenty eight bucks.
Speaker 4: That's what I mean.
Speaker 15: Yeah, that's why I think you're ignoring it and just going on with your life yet about it?
Speaker 5: Okay, And as of jet, there's a law here that went into effect in twenty twenty three, that the credit bureaus have a one year grace period for unpaid bills before they hit on your credit report, so they can and still report it, but they have to wait one full year, and then small medical debts are excluded.
Speaker 4: As of March twenty twenty.
Speaker 5: Three, the credit bureaus will not report debts under five hundred dollars. Huh, huh, okay, okay, and then basically oh also when a medical debt can still appear on your report after one year and more than five hundred dollars, however, they do not give weight to them on your credit report. So they've really taken the sting out of medical bills. Okay, and if you pay it, and if you do pay it, it doesn't ever show up, not as a pass do that's satisfied nothing, So they can appear they have to be under they they they're not.
Speaker 4: They have to be over five hundred. They have to wait a year and then.
Speaker 5: Paid collections, every bit of it's removed and then there's no debt. There's no weight given to them for your credit score. So I don't see a consequence here, bro, I don't let us know what happens. I mean, truly there's not much you can do. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Carolyn, Welcome to the show. I'm Tom Martine. What's going on, Carolyn?
Speaker 9: Well, we finally are finished with the b dishwasher issue.
Speaker 4: How long ago did you call, Carolyn?
Speaker 14: It was July nineteenth, Tom at one July.
Speaker 4: Did you handle it?
Speaker 18: Bo?
Speaker 14: Yes, Mark was the host. It was a long time ago. But go ahead, Carolyn with the story. It came out to be a success.
Speaker 9: The whole thing started on April twenty seconds when we purchased a Bosh dishwasher through Lows and we had it installed and it didn't work. The soap dish would not open. So we called Loads. They said, you have to deal with Bosh. We called Bosh, they said, okay, we'll send out three d who are their repair people here in Colorado Springs. I have a summary of what happened after that. Between the very first week in May when I called Bosh, I have had fifteen phone calls with D three, eighteen emails, and twenty four texts. They also visited the house on eight different occasions and replaced eight different parts on two different occasions, one in July and one in September, their technicians called the repairman from D three. This has to be returned. It cannot be fixed. And finally, oh, in addition to all of that with Bosh themselves, I had eighteen phone calls and twenty four email interactions with them, and I documented every one of those as to what happened during that call. You certainly don't want to hear all the details.
Speaker 4: No, So where did it end up?
Speaker 2: Then?
Speaker 4: What do you have right now?
Speaker 9: Well, finally there was no surprise when the refund came through to Low's and all kinds of paperwork problems gave up.
Speaker 4: Where's the dishwasher?
Speaker 9: It left my house last week and it went back to Low's. And Low's has given me credit on my credit card so that I can buy anything I want from anyone I want, and I credit BO with the calls that he made to the media department. He and I both stayed on top of this throughout the fire summer and commiserated with each other about our lack of progress. But we finally did it. Bo, It finally happened. Good wearing me down. I think they just wanted to wear me down.
Speaker 14: But they wanted to wear me down, Carolina, We've got success.
Speaker 10: I'm very happy. It took a long yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And you know, thanks Bo for giving your direction on that. And I like it because I need to use my dinger every once in a while.
Speaker 4: If you don't, you.
Speaker 5: Can lose it. Hey, Carolyn, thank you very much for letting us know. Seriously, a lot of people don't let us know when things work out, and we love hearing it.
Speaker 9: Well, I'd like to tell you something. One statement I just want to make. I really do believe that Bosh makes good products, but everybody in manufacturing makes a bad one once in a while. Yes, that is excusable. The fact that their customer's service was incredible and very difficult to deal with is not excusable. And I continue to get emails from them, what guy, what got one last week where the customer services We're so sorry you're to have these problems with the dishwasher. Have you tried to clean the soap dish? Maybe some food particles are caught in it, or maybe the whole thing was installed wrong and that's why the dryer isn't working. Dryer was never an issue and that never ran, so there are no food particles in the thing. Their customer service department has no internal communication obviously, and this morning they sent me a thing offering me some more guaranteed extended warranty on the product that left the house a week ago.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's all automated crap.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's all and none of it is coordinated and none of it is designed to make the customer happy at all.
Speaker 4: Well that's the that's the way of the world right now.
Speaker 5: It is very difficult to get satisfaction. You know who I feel has some of the best customer service in the world in the world is Amazon. It's amazing to me. You can go through the drill down for the help menu and then they'll call you. They'll call you, and you'll get a call within minutes, and they listen and they take care of it. I mean, it's amazing to me how good they are, even when you don't have a prime or approved a seller. If they're on Amazon, they really help. And then I think Google also has great customer service. And these are companies you would expect they do not have good service. The worst service in my opinion, as far as big conglomerates and online would be eBay terrible. And however, a lot of people have talked about Frontier not having good service.
Speaker 4: They did away with their phone support.
Speaker 5: But I'm going to tell you something, man, I actually went through the headache of the texting and then I actually got an agent on the text and they actually helped, really did so it worked. I think many times we get frustrated because some of us are want the old fashioned way. We just wanted to call and talk to someone who we can understand and that can understand us. I mean, I swear to God. Sometimes I don't mind foreign accents. I don't mind people in other countries doing it, but when you can't even understand them and you have to case saying huh huh.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 15: I'll give a shout out to a local company, tom Sure Discount Tire.
Speaker 10: I've been using them for like thirty years. So I had a.
Speaker 15: Blowout on one of my tires. I brought it in I had to buy a new tire. Then the other day I ran over a key. Believe it or not, a key caused a flat tire. So I brought over to Discount again and I said, and they said, do you want to buy the same tire, same coundtry you did last time? And I said, yeah, and I thought I had blown out my front tire. Apparently the key was in the same tire that had a blowout, and they told me, you know what, you don't have to pay for the tire you had. Insurance will take care of it and all. And I didn't know they could have charged me for the new tire, and I never would have known the difference.
Speaker 4: That's pretty nice. That's cool.
Speaker 5: Three oh three seven one three eight two five five more coman write up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're contenth time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank Durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Now, Hey Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Ross has a comment on discount tire. Ross go ahead, what is your comment on discount tire.
Speaker 19: Well, I know Doc had a good experience, but I don't think all discount tires are created equal. I was there a couple of weeks ago for an inspection on my tires. I had appointment, I got there, I had to wait an hour before they looked at the tires. And when they looked at the tires, they thought they were probably the original tires based on the age of that was printed on the tire. And so when I got home, I looked at the tires and looked at the date code, and they thought it was two thousand and nine, same year as a car. I actually we're twenty fourteen. They were big O tires, and I don't think Hanna puts big O tires on their car when they're new.
Speaker 8: How did you read the dot number? How did you read the date?
Speaker 19: Well, it's the sixteenth, sixteenth week of the year, so it was sixteen fourteen.
Speaker 4: Okay, So what does that mean to what does that mean?
Speaker 5: As far as Mark you were asking about that, do people often really I.
Speaker 8: Didn't know if he was reading it properly.
Speaker 4: That's it? Okay. So what's the issue right now that I mean, is there anything we can help with us? It's just you just want to give feedback.
Speaker 19: It's just feedback. It's just I'd be concerned that they think they're the original tires on the car when they're big OD tires. And second of all, they're off on the date by five years.
Speaker 8: Yeah, which is kind of strange. I mean, if you work at a tire story, you should be able to wain.
Speaker 15: I will amend my my shout out to the one on Isleif and Havana.
Speaker 8: Well, I think in general they're pretty I.
Speaker 15: Think, yeah, we just got a one of our YouTube people saying the same thing that they're great.
Speaker 5: Well, I've always had I've always had a good experience. One thing I did know, and I don't normally do this, but that I never used to buy that extra road hazard thing. But man, do they not even question it, not for a second. When you when you buy that road hazard and anything happens to that tire that can't be repaired, they they come right up absolutely. I mean, so yeah, I think they're pretty cool, Thank you very much. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. So somebody wants to know on text, how does Barry Miller at Vestera pick the hot Marcus. Well, I mean that's part of his that's part of his shtick, man, that's how he you know, was part of the magic sauce, I guess.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's just basic research.
Speaker 5: I don't know all of the factors that go into it, but that's one of the things he prides himself in, is identifying properties that appreciate quickly and turn positive cash flow. I would imagine it's just good old basic economic research. And I was shocked to know that there still are markets like that where you can get beautiful homes.
Speaker 4: For you know, two eighty five to three point fifty.
Speaker 5: Yeah, beautiful homes, and that's where he targets them.
Speaker 4: And there are a lot of people who take.
Speaker 5: Place in this program that absolutely love it, you know, and and they it because it's like the benefit without the hassle. So in answer to your question, I don't really know how in fact he does his research, but I trust him enough that when he says he highly researches him and he has a bunch of satisfied customers we've talked to that, Yeah, he does that. Now, speaking of that, somebody else had asked the other day how he makes his money and it's a model that I fully don't understand, meaning I don't think he makes enough money.
Speaker 4: And I mean that.
Speaker 5: They mark the way Vestera Turnkey makes their money is they get you as a customer and they help you buy that house. They make that commission there, and then they help you sell it and they make a commission there. In between the one and a half to maybe two and a half years. You keep it that in between time, they're not taking any money from you. The management fee is a complete pass through. They don't mark that up at all, and there are no hourly fees or no other fees.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 5: So you pay your management company what you normally would do, and they negotiated that down I believe, to eight percent and half of the first month's r in. And then as far as Vestera Turnkey, they're simply doing it for the commission they earn. And man, I mean, the model's been working for them, and except for a small time during COVID, they've been going strong, I think.
Speaker 4: You said for about eight years.
Speaker 5: So if anyone else has any question, you give me a call. You can always call him too. Three h three seven to one three eight two five five And okay, I just answered that, do you happen to know what? Barry Miller charged that? That came just when I was so orge. I hope you heard what I just talked about. And uh, anyway, so somebody said something. There was something else we were discussing. Someone wanted to chime in on American home Shield. They did not realize that American home Shield emails people for deals. See. I didn't realize it either, and then I looked it up after that call. Kirsten had called and said she bought a new HVAC system through American home Shield. Well she really didn't buy it through them, although she kind of did. American home Shield does this warranty which I don't recommend, and they sell this warranty a lot through real estate people and through and a new home buyer network.
Speaker 4: I guess they.
Speaker 5: Get the recorded docs and they know when you buy a house and they offer you this warranty. I don't want to get into home warranties right now. I just don't believe in them. And there's a slow reasons why. But once they have this database of homeowners, they're figuring, what the hell you know?
Speaker 4: We know how old their systems are.
Speaker 5: We know how what systems they have in their homes, and why don't we email people and offer upgrades.
Speaker 4: So she was offered some.
Speaker 5: Kind of what she thought was a special deal on the HVAC and had it replaced. Now she had problems after that, and American Shield wasn't even part of it.
Speaker 4: It was the vendor they sent.
Speaker 5: But I imagine American home Shield probably keeps a list of approved vendors and advertises specials for them to their client base and makes a spread on that. I think it's clever marketing, but again, there's no guarantee when you do that. I mean, obviously American home Shield isn't selling that to you, just like when home Depot recommends people to you. And I'm not saying they should, by the way, but home depots sometimes, in my opinion, gives the illusion that you're hiring home Depot and you're not. And I don't like it. That's the part I don't like. So three zho three seven one three eight two five five eight eight eight. Heating dot Com has a deep clean special now for forty five bucks and they do a great job. They've been on a referral list more than twenty years now, eight eight eight heating dot com also specializes in high efficiency and dual hybrid fuel furnaces. A lot of people now are going with both gas slash electric in case they get solar, or if they have solar, which is a great companion.
Speaker 4: And of course just these new high efficiency units will save you money anyway eight eight eight heating dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 5: You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. All right, we have a texting going on that you can text me five seven seven three nine. You can also text me my private Google number seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty and uh, we'd love to help you.
Speaker 4: We have one here, say Tom.
Speaker 5: When I went to the doctor just recently, I signed something called no surprise billing.
Speaker 4: Is that what you're talking about? No, it's not.
Speaker 5: That's different, but it's kind of in the same genre the surprise billing. I love because we used to get this problem a lot. Think about this scenario. You go to urgent care or an emergency room. Mostly it happened with emergency rooms, or even sometimes when you had surgery. Right now, all of a sudden, you get a bill from outside.
Speaker 4: Your network and you ow way more than you thought.
Speaker 5: You had a small copey with your network. The anesthesiologist says, we weren't in that network. We don't have to take that. Or you're at the emergency room and a radiologist reads your X ray. The radiology associates were not part of your network, but the hospital was blah blah blah.
Speaker 4: It happened all the time.
Speaker 5: And what would happen is consumers who had small copays would end up paying a lot or being billed for a lot of money. So this and this is a really good thing, this no surprise billing. It's an actual federal law, and it says it protects patients from unexpected or surprised medical bills, hence the name.
Speaker 4: Now here's how it works.
Speaker 5: If you receive care from out of network providers, but you're at an you start out with a provider that is in your network, they can't charge you they're out of network rates anymore.
Speaker 4: They have to take whatever your plan offers. So now the surprise is on them. You see, it's up to then.
Speaker 5: I mean, after all, come on, you're in an emergency room and you need X rays. How many people are going to say, wait a minute, doc, who's going to read those X rays?
Speaker 4: Are they in my Are they in my plan? You know?
Speaker 5: So a surprise medical bill used to occur when you receive this out of network care and then you're build at two different rates. It'll it happened with surgeries and emergency rooms, sometimes at urgent care.
Speaker 4: Now here's what has changed. Oh, by the.
Speaker 5: Way it used to happen.
Speaker 4: It happened with air ambulances a lot. Oh my goodness.
Speaker 5: Anyway, So what medical providers have you signed is something called no Surprises a disclosure, And what it does is it lets you know what your protections are that you shouldn't be charged any more than your normal in network rate for all of the services. Now, if you knowingly want to receive care from an out of network provider knowingly, that's different. Let's say you're in emergency room for a dog bite and you want a specific plastic surgeon to look at that or to consult with.
Speaker 4: Different you're requesting that.
Speaker 5: So anyway, balance billing limits in network, cost sharing, that's it, in network, deductible or copay, that's all the same, no more surprises.
Speaker 4: I like that. I really do like that.
Speaker 5: That is something I believe helps consumers tremendously because we used to get that call all the time.
Speaker 4: So thank you for bringing.
Speaker 5: That up, Texter and ballance bill. Tom, that's another thing. You're right, a balance bill. Explain what that is, Doc.
Speaker 15: Well, let's say I did a delivery on a patient and I got let's say one thousand dollars and the insurance company paid me eight hundred. I could not if I was in that plan, I could not build a patient for the extra two.
Speaker 4: Hundred, right, that's right. Once you're in a.
Speaker 10: Plan, you have to accept what that company is going to give you.
Speaker 4: That's right. With the no surprise billing.
Speaker 5: If you treat someone who entered into a network facility and you're outside the network, the same thing, So you can't balance bill for the difference. You have to take that approved amount that they pay. And that's a whole different topic when you talked about when you talk about approved amounts insure. As I've said this before, Okay, I truly believe the health insurance industry is evil.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's just my own personal thought.
Speaker 5: I think there's a need for some kind of care, but I don't like the current model. And although it's getting better with the no surprise billing and that kind of stuff. When I say I think they're evil, they actually changed medicine forever.
Speaker 4: Originally it was normal insurance.
Speaker 5: They aggregated the cost over a large network of people, and some are high risks, some are low risk. But because of the aggregated amount, they were able to cover bills here and there and still make money. But then they said, wait a minute, we're not making enough money. This is a true story, true how it happens. So they said, we're not making enough money. So what we have to do is then we're not only going to charge premiums and invest those premiums and pay the bills. But now we're going to tell the doctors how to do it. And that's called managed care, meaning you can't do this unless you get our permission. We want to make sure it's medically necessary and it's not experimental.
Speaker 4: The next thing they said is and not only.
Speaker 5: That, but now we're also going to tell you how much it should cost. So they come into a doc's office, like doc, deputy doc who was doing you know, his thing for years and years and years, delivering babies, taking care of women, taking care of babies, and all of a sudden they say, well, deputy doc, if you want us to pay for your patient, and if they come in with our insurance, we're not going to pay you this much money to deliver a baby anymore. We're going to pay you this much. Like it or leave it. And then they would they would have all kinds of parameters to where he had to hire someone full time just to process claims.
Speaker 4: So think about this.
Speaker 5: It used to be they trusted docs to pick the right care, they trusted docs to charge the right amount. Then insurance came in and said, wait a minute, we don't like what you're charging, and we don't like what you're doing, so we're going to tell you what can be done, what can't be done, and what you charge.
Speaker 4: And then we decided we're going to pay that.
Speaker 5: And then they the docks, on the other hand, now have to hire people to do the processing. And in addition to that, because the insurance companies inserted themselves in the process, many of the clinics raised the prices just so they could keep up right. So it was a really because if enough docs raised their prices, then the approved amounts would go up, and it became a game. And so in the beginning, insurance company said, we're saving you from these evil docs and these evil clinics and these evil hospitals by managing your care. They even did something else doc. I don't know if they still do it, called capitation, And.
Speaker 4: No they didn't come O.
Speaker 10: Model did not last very long.
Speaker 4: So that model's not even there anymore, is.
Speaker 10: It not, as far as I know.
Speaker 5: No, And that was where they would say to you, if you have patients of ours, we will pay so much ahead per year period, no matter what you do, no.
Speaker 4: Matter what you do. So if you had a thousand of our patients, and whether if you didn't see them. We still pay you. If you saw them every day, we pay you, but we pay you the same amount.
Speaker 5: So have you had a thousand patients and they gave you five hundred a year for each one, that'd be five hundred thousand. So doctors had to decide is that going to be a good deal?
Speaker 4: And do I like these patients.
Speaker 5: All of a sudden, you had doctors being actuarials deciding if they're going to take a patient or not because they don't want a patient that's going to.
Speaker 4: Exhaust their funds. So, I mean it was weird.
Speaker 5: So then let's say you had a doctor and this doctor really felt someone needed an MRI or surgery, but they knew that that person, that one person's going to take up of the five hundred grand, they're going to take up two hundred of it. I mean, it was really the worst model of medicine you could ever have. Now, mattage care is not necessarily that much better because you have non medical people many times, or doctors who are whores working for the insurance companies and telling doctors and clinics what they're going to approve and why, and then making you get pre authorization for everything. And here's the worst sin that health insurance companies do. They call things experimental that have been going on for you years and years and years and years.
Speaker 4: When do they not become experimental?
Speaker 10: Hey, Tom, I will say one thing.
Speaker 15: Any time that I had a problem with that, if I call the medical director and explained it one hundred percent got approved, Well that's.
Speaker 5: Good that that doesn't always happen, though, doc, And I'll give you a case in point.
Speaker 4: The FDA.
Speaker 5: The FDA approved what I had done in my back, this spinal implant. They approved it. My Medicare and Supplements paid one.
Speaker 4: But they're not.
Speaker 5: The insurance is not covering it for everyone. They're saying it's experimental and it's FDA approved. And when my dog tried calling them and saying, hey, you know, what's what's up with this one? It's medically necessary, blah blah blah, it's a FDA approved, they say, no, we consider it experimental. So they're just arbitrarily turning it down. We have more coming right up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer sell roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content, wait time for an insurance check. Up free no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Ripped.
Speaker 1: You need advice so.
Speaker 2: You don't have come running as fast as we can.
Speaker 3: Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 17: Come Dick is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, Hey.
Speaker 5: Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. We are here solving problems, answer questions, taking complaints. Make your life just a little easier than I've appreciate you being here.
Speaker 4: What can we do for you?
Speaker 5: We will get to the phones at three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight, two five five that's our numbers, or three oh three Martino, that's zero, three six, two seven eight four sixty six. So now Joyce has an issue with Social Security. By the way, Mark is back at the studio. We don't have a camera set up there because I took it. I was configuring it so we can never mind. So anyway, So and Bo, Deputy Bo's there, and then I have Deputy D here and we're all working on problems for you. So feel free to uh to uh give us a call or text us. You can text us at five seven seven three nine, which is a short code instead of a phone number. You put that in, put Tom in there, and then of course I'll get that message right here live. You can also google excuse me, text my Google number. That's my personal Google number, comes right to my cell phone and I can read it on the air. So you can Google me at seven four seven nine.
Speaker 4: Fifty two eighty.
Speaker 5: So, Joyce, what's going on with social security? Hello Joyce?
Speaker 20: Hi Tom. Basically starting a nutshell. I applied for SIST and Security on September twenty fourth. I'm sixty five, and I found out that they had, without my consent, signed me up for medicure A and B May first, twenty four and they're telling me that I owe six months apart they premiums.
Speaker 5: Wait a minute, why wait, hold on, hold on? When did they sign you up?
Speaker 4: Joyce?
Speaker 20: I have a May first effective date, sir.
Speaker 5: Now it was May first of this year. Did were you sixty five at the time.
Speaker 20: I turned sixty five on May seventeenth.
Speaker 5: Okay, fourth, So they signed you up. They signed you up, that's right on the first for A and B. And let me explain all that to you. Okay. Usually I believe you have to opt in for B. A is free. It doesn't. You don't pay for it. B you pay for But I want to ask you something out of curiosity, and then I'm going to tell Kachina I'd like to get Integra Insurance on about this. They know a lot about about Medicare Part A and B. So here's what I want to ask you. Had they not signed you up for Medicare Part B, for which there's a premium, were you not going to sign.
Speaker 2: Up for it?
Speaker 20: I was going to sign up for it when my husband retired and we signed up. He signed up September twenty third, or Social Security. I signed up September twenty fourth because he retired October eighteenth.
Speaker 4: So what you're saying is hold on.
Speaker 5: What you're saying is you want wanted to delay signing up for Part B.
Speaker 4: Yes, sure, and you were going to sign up for your own Part.
Speaker 5: B, but not in May. You were going to do it in September. Yes, sure, Okay, I'm not sure again, Okay, okay. If you were on all that, now that's I'm glad I heard that, because that makes all the difference in the world.
Speaker 4: Here's the rule. If you're on.
Speaker 5: A plan, an approved plan, you're not penalized for not signing up for Part B. You are not penalized. If you were not on one and you put off signing up for B. For every month you do not sign up, you're penalized in the future to a point where some of these people, for example, that want to take their Social Security payments at age seventy, they may they think they can put off.
Speaker 4: Part B till age seventy, so.
Speaker 5: They think, oh, I'll get away with not paying premiums for five or six years and then sign up for it.
Speaker 4: But you can't.
Speaker 5: It becomes so cost prohibitive that it's not worth something.
Speaker 4: You got to pay a giant a penalty every month.
Speaker 5: So in your case, though, that would not apply when you turned sixty five, you didn't want to sign up for B because you had coverage and you would not.
Speaker 4: Have been penalized.
Speaker 5: So when you tell them that, well, first of all, I've never heard of people automatically being signed up for Part B.
Speaker 4: How did that happen?
Speaker 20: What happens is when I did my Social Security application, they needed it that roof of group helps coverage, right, So my husband and I did online application, but we took that form into.
Speaker 9: The local Lewisville, Colorado's SOID.
Speaker 20: Security office and that's when they told me that I'm responsible for one thousand and forty eight dollars and twenty cents and my affected date is May first.
Speaker 5: But when you told them I had coverage back then, I did not want B until now.
Speaker 4: What did they say?
Speaker 20: They they were dumbfounded and they just told me I was responsible for it.
Speaker 4: Well you're not. But I don't know why they're saying this. It might it sounds like I'm not getting the full story. And I don't mean you're holding withholding information intentionally, but it's not making sense to me. No one has to sign up for B. You're never forced to sign up for it. Who signed you up up?
Speaker 5: Okay, you're saying they didn't sign you up back then? They just went retroactive with you.
Speaker 20: Yes, what they said to me. I called in in March to ask a question. Yes and one of the ladies said to me, this is what happens when you called the National Social Security They always screw it up. But I guess you wouldn't know that. So because I called in, somehow I got on the radar and I wasn't aware. I didn't get into that.
Speaker 5: You were eligible for payments back then too. Right, you were elegiment for payments back then too, but you wanted to wait till September, right.
Speaker 20: Yes, sir, because I had good health care coverage with my hosband.
Speaker 5: No, I'm talking about your regular Social Security benefit.
Speaker 4: You were eligible back then.
Speaker 5: Right, but I was trying to wait, and I know I get exactly what you're saying, Joyce, this is wrong. I want to get Integra insurance on just to weigh in on this, So hold on a second.
Speaker 4: Okay, We'll thank you very much.
Speaker 5: Three oh three, seven to one three talks seven to one, three, eight, two five five. So here's the deal, folks. Here's the way it works. Part A is free, Part B has a premium associated with it depending on how much you make, so that B is usually taken out of your benefit.
Speaker 4: So you get both.
Speaker 5: It's presumed you're going to start taking Social Security payments along with Part B, so that they subtract the premium from your Part B, excuse me, from your benefit and your net is what you get plus B.
Speaker 4: Now, some people are still.
Speaker 5: Working when they get their Social Security and they don't want Part B because they have an employer plan. So if they can show they have an employer plan, they can still get their Social Security benefit along with their paychecks, but they don't have to have Part B. Other people make the mistake of not signing up for B. I had a brother who thought, I'm going to be smart. I want to make more money, so I'm going to keep that three hundred a month.
Speaker 4: I don't want B.
Speaker 5: Then he turned seventy or seventy five or seventy eight years later, he desperately needed it, but it was so expensive with the penalty, he could never afford it.
Speaker 4: That's the problem with putting it off. You're penalized.
Speaker 5: But in this case, she never signed up for it because she had group plan, and when she started getting her benefit, they're saying, now you owe us back premiums for Part B. That makes no sense to me. None she had another insurance. There's got to be a way to take care of this. I'm going to consult our experts coming up seven to one three talks seven one three eight two five five. By the way, you know, Denverregen dot com Denver region does weight loss supplements that are compounded at pennies on the dollar plus. They do stem cell therapy to get rid of your pain and inflammation in your.
Speaker 4: Joints and regrow tendons. They also get rid of our thrits.
Speaker 5: They also do hair regeneration and I have that done and it's actually working. Denverregen dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance pain too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three all three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five so we're waiting on Integer Insurance to get back to us.
Speaker 4: Joyce, hang in there. We're going to figure out try to figure out what's going on with that AB And it just seems to me.
Speaker 5: That if you didn't sign up for it, they can't charge you for it, and you can prove you had coverage, so they can't penalize you anyway.
Speaker 4: Drew's calling back now.
Speaker 5: I want to just recap this in general, over the years, Drew has called me on and off, and he recently had an issue with a couple personal injury accidents and.
Speaker 4: He said it paired his make money.
Speaker 5: Plus he is getting up there in age I believe he said seventy eight years old or whatever.
Speaker 4: So he has a problem.
Speaker 5: He's running out of savings and he's going to be homeless, and I do feel bad for him.
Speaker 4: He's in New Jersey. And he also said that.
Speaker 5: He started to go fund me, and I told him I did look at gofund me, and I went and looked at his page, and I thought.
Speaker 4: You know, Drew, what you need to do is update.
Speaker 5: You need to do a little better on the description, because I feel it's not going to endear people to you, nor will it help you raise money and in general. I also told him that I don't think this is going to do it for him. I don't think he's going to raise enough money to meet his crisis which is coming up, and frankly, I don't know what to do for him. So I noticed though, that the description that I emailed him is still not up on GoFundMe. He does not have a computer, he said, so he can't update it. He has to go to the law library and let the librarian upgrade it for him. And I told him, we'll take that description I wrote and upload it.
Speaker 4: At least that'll give you a fighting chance.
Speaker 5: The description up there now is too political, I believe, and I don't believe it truly tells his story of his personal injury accidents and how he needs money to stay off the streets. I don't know why you're calling back, Drew. The last time I left you, you were going to get that description updated.
Speaker 4: So is there anything new in your case? Drew?
Speaker 21: So there's nothing new. You just describe things perfectly, And I just called to say that I appreciate your lovely efforts, and yes, we've been together many or secades, So I just wanted to thank you and just mentioned I think you said it though. There were two car accidents, not just the U the Yukon. I was also rear ended. I have four herniated this and my right arm is pretty useless.
Speaker 5: But what happened to your car? What happened to your car in that accident?
Speaker 21: Well, this is an unusual story. It got rear ended. The traffic was stopped on two eighty seven North. I was rear ended, and the company really did a great job preparing the car. They put on new parts.
Speaker 5: How we paid for it? Did the offending party pay for it? The afall party?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 21: And I was fortunate because I had no collision because I couldn't afford it. Insurant car insurance rates are way up too. And the only negative thing is the driver from the Department of Transportation when he drove my car off the road, he hit it into the guardrail, and he's saying that the government's not liable.
Speaker 5: So the rear end damage was fixed, but not that damage that he.
Speaker 21: Did right correct.
Speaker 4: Is your car drivable right now?
Speaker 21: Yes?
Speaker 5: Okay, So you just wanted to call today. I'm just wondering what the reason for the call today, Sir.
Speaker 21: Well, because I do believe in Jesus and heavenly Father, and it's the right thing to do to thank you and appreciate you for the lovely effort that you're doing.
Speaker 4: Thank you, well, I just hope it does something for you.
Speaker 2: Drew.
Speaker 5: I still have some really bad, big concerns. When are you going to get this description updated?
Speaker 21: I'll probably go to the library tomorrow or Saturday, and hopefully it depends which librarian is there. It's one of the good librarians that'll help me out.
Speaker 4: Let me explain why I didn't do it for him.
Speaker 5: He gave me his log in information, but he does the two step verification and there's a message that goes to his phone. Well, actually it doesn't go to your phone. Where does it go if somebody tries to log on? Whose phone number is in there?
Speaker 21: I think it's my phone number line?
Speaker 4: But you don't have Wait a minute, you don't have a cell phone? Is that correct?
Speaker 21: Correct? I just have a home phone. I never had a computer or a texting or anything like that.
Speaker 5: So then how do you even log into GoFundMe when they can't text you a code?
Speaker 21: When the librarian logs in, yes, when in my phone number. Yes, and then you hit the bot. In ten minutes they send you the code.
Speaker 4: Yeah, But how do they send a code to your home phone.
Speaker 21: I bring my phone to the library and plug it in at the library, and it actually works.
Speaker 4: Wait a minute, you have a home phone though it's not a cellphone jack. Pardon like a magic Is it a magic jack?
Speaker 21: I don't know what a magic jack is. All I know is we're trying it. I have to take the phone and.
Speaker 4: And and wait. So you get text on that phone, Drew. No, then I don't understand you with a code? Audibly tell yeah. Do they call you with a code?
Speaker 21: Yes?
Speaker 4: Okay, I got you.
Speaker 5: I got you, so right now, if I was to sign in to change that description for.
Speaker 4: You, it would it would call you with a code.
Speaker 5: You could give me that code, and I could do it for you without putting my phone number in there.
Speaker 21: Right, That's fine by me.
Speaker 4: Let's do that. I never that's a good solution.
Speaker 5: If you stay on the phone, I'm gonna have to work it in through breaks.
Speaker 4: Here's what I'll do. I'll go sign on with the information.
Speaker 5: I think I still have the sign in information you gave me, dog Gonet.
Speaker 4: I think I still have it. How did you text that to me? Oh? No, you emailed me that, didn't you. Yeah, how did you email me? Did you do that from the library? It doesn't matter. You emailed me your log in. So if I log in right now and they call you with a code, you give me that code, I'll be able to go in and change that description for you.
Speaker 21: That's fine with me. The only thing I would suggest is best phone at home. It only lasts about an hour and a half. He shuts off, It shuts off.
Speaker 5: Oh, it has to be recharged. I see, all right, hold on there, all right, just hang in there. I'm gonna try to get back to you before too long.
Speaker 4: Again.
Speaker 5: I have to work through these calls, So hang on. I'm Tom Martinez. We're gonna we're gonna take this quick break. Then here's what we're gonna do. We're gonna try to sign on for Drew if I can find that email from him, and then uh also uh, I also want to mention, speaking of listeners that have been with me a long time, My goodness, I just found out that one of our listeners passed away that used to call in all the time. And ah, it's sad. Because he he really did call in a lot. Mark. He called in about all kinds of stuff, didn't he?
Speaker 8: And he sure did?
Speaker 5: And what a nice guy. Didn't you didn't when you go out to eat with him? Didn't you take him out to eat one time?
Speaker 4: You and Sue?
Speaker 8: We definitely Susanne and I met him and his wife.
Speaker 4: Uh, yep, we had a good time.
Speaker 5: His name was Bennett, so those who listened probably heard him.
Speaker 4: He had cancered it and Mark, he did. Yeah, what a what a nice man, and he was always looking to help others. And then he was calling us.
Speaker 5: We kept him, he said, We kept him company. And then it was so nice of Mark and Suzanne to meet them for dinner and gave them that that very personal connection. So anyway, I wonder how his wife is doing. Do you know Mark did Sue's call? I'm just curious about that. Anyway, we have more coming up on The Troubleshooter Show three h three.
Speaker 2: Seven three.
Speaker 5: Go with a Sure Thing Denver's Best Rufer excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance checkup, free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three seven to seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. I can still take that code off there if she texts it to me, and I'll put it in anyway, I'm gonna go to Daphne, who says she has a comment for Joyce. Joyce has an issue with Social Security and she was automatically or not automatically, but just signed up for Part B when she never intended to. Now they're trying to charge her for back premiums. Daphney, go ahead, Hi Tom, can you hear me? I Ken, Daphne, thank you so much for calling in sure sure.
Speaker 11: I know that you're waiting for Integra to colon. They are wonderful people. I know them very well. But I wanted to give you a call to let you know that, yes, you are right as long as that person had credible coverage that they should not have to pay any penalties in getting.
Speaker 20: Their part these services.
Speaker 11: And what I would recommend is they contact their employer whoever they got the coverage through, and ask for a letter of credible coverage to then pass on and that should be enough.
Speaker 20: To clear it up for them.
Speaker 4: Okay, I want to ask something, Joyce. Did you ever ask for a letter of credible coverage covering the period from May to September?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 19: I do not.
Speaker 4: That's a good idea, Daphne.
Speaker 5: So your husband's former employer needs to give you a letter saying that you were covered.
Speaker 4: During that time.
Speaker 9: Okay, and what I may No, I would.
Speaker 4: Never mail it. I would make an appointment, Daphne.
Speaker 5: Wouldn't you make an appointment with the local office.
Speaker 20: Yeah, I sure would.
Speaker 11: I would do that, and I would also get a receipt from them showing that you had submitted that.
Speaker 5: Now, Daphne, why did they sign her up for it retroactively anyway? Because she's trying to get it now, so they they just probably said, look, if you don't want to be penalized, you're going to have to pay the back premiums.
Speaker 11: Right, Yeah, it doesn't make sense to me that they would automatically sign her up if she already had credible coverage.
Speaker 5: I think what happened back when she took h Yeah, you're right, when they put in a I think they they did not sign her up back in May. They signed her up in September and retroactively charged her. And I think what they were trying to do is tell her that if she pays the retroactive premiums, as if she signed up when she turned sixty five, then she would not be penalized. That's what I think they're saying to her, and she's saying, well, I wouldn't have been and she's saying, I don't want to pay those back premiums.
Speaker 4: I would not have been penalized anyway.
Speaker 5: So I think there's just a crisscross and miscommunication.
Speaker 9: So yeah, definitely, real quick.
Speaker 20: Yes, they have not taken it out yet. I get my first Social Security check in December. They told me they're going to take all of that and half of my next check.
Speaker 4: Well, of course they are. That's to pay for the premium.
Speaker 5: It's the same topic we're gonna they're mistakingly charging you. Yes, they're mistakingly charging you, and they shouldn't. I totally agree that they've made a mistake.
Speaker 4: So that's it.
Speaker 5: I mean, you get a letter of credible coverage covering the period before you signed up for it in September. Hey, Daphne, as a licensed medicare agent, what do you do?
Speaker 11: I have my own business called Primetime Advisors. I have a master's degree in gerontology. I live in the Denver area, so I've been doing this for a long time. I have more than thirty years experience.
Speaker 9: Working in senior healthcare.
Speaker 20: I'm so blessed to be able.
Speaker 9: To do what I do.
Speaker 4: And now do you do?
Speaker 5: You do just a healthcare So do you help people with advantage and supplements?
Speaker 4: Is that what you do?
Speaker 11: That is what I do, and that's all I do.
Speaker 20: I don't do any other kinds of insurance.
Speaker 11: Okay, really working with older adults?
Speaker 4: Okay, Well that's good to know.
Speaker 5: Thank you, and always feel free to call in with your expert opinion on that. I don't think we need integer right now for this question. I appreciate it. So tell them they can get back to their their hard work and open enrollment because Joyce has her marching orders. And again, Daphne, thank you. For shedding light on that. Now, Bill says he has a suggestion for Drew and Katchina. Make sure is Drew going to call us back with that code yescause because it's expiring in a few minutes.
Speaker 13: We usually he will, I don't he will call, but again, his phone is weird, so I don't know if something's going on.
Speaker 4: Well, if I miss out on this week, hold on, hold on?
Speaker 5: Okay, good, so you can give me the code right right over the air. I don't care because I could. No one's going to do anything with that code anyway. They don't have his log and they'll never guess his log in name and password to begin with.
Speaker 4: So what is that code? Did he give it to you? Okay? We're waiting three h three? What is your I've got? Okay, what what's the code?
Speaker 13: Zero seven six.
Speaker 5: Zero seven seven two six. That's not enough digits. It's got zero seven seven two six does not cut it. I need one more digit either, be whatever. It's not the right code. It's a six digit number. Oh god, this is like I remember. There's a throwback to the days when my mom used to call with a technical problem.
Speaker 4: Mom, do you have it turned on?
Speaker 5: I'll remember one time my mother took her cordless phone. See, she saw all us with our cell phones, and then she took her cordless phone to the supermarket.
Speaker 4: Thinking it was going to work like a.
Speaker 5: Cell phone, while she had was a regular cordless phone. That's a long story, but she thought that was going to be her means of communication.
Speaker 4: I said, Mom, that's not a cell phone. We didn't call them sell at the time.
Speaker 5: I said, that's not a mobile phone, that's a cordless phone. And she said, well, it looks just like yours, and it doesn't have a chord on it, and it has an antenna, so she thought it was a mobile phone.
Speaker 4: Did we get that code or not.
Speaker 13: So unfortunately, Drew missed the call because he didn't recognize the number and it went to miss mail.
Speaker 4: Got almighty, this is such a joke. This is such a joke. So he needs you to log back in.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, I'll do it when I have time. I am doing a little bit of a radio show here.
Speaker 4: All right, Bill, what is your suggestion for Drew?
Speaker 5: I can think of I can think of some, but I'm not sure you can bend over that far.
Speaker 22: Go ahead, since his phone is dying on him when he's on hold. Just plug it into the charger while he's on hold.
Speaker 23: That's what I do when I when you put me on hold.
Speaker 5: I think he might have he may have one of those chargers that's a cradle.
Speaker 23: Well, that could be a product.
Speaker 5: I think that's what it is. I mean, I'm surprised he even has a cordless phone. Bill, By the way, thanks for calling. And Bill's another old timers been calling for years and years and years and years. And Bill, you heard about our good friend Bennett, right, and he passed away.
Speaker 4: I'm not trying to make a comparison here to you. Bill. You sound very healthy.
Speaker 23: But well I'm on my last streams too.
Speaker 4: What's going on with you?
Speaker 2: Bill?
Speaker 23: No, just getting old. I'm as old as you are.
Speaker 4: How old is that? Bill?
Speaker 23: Well, i'll be let's say I'm seventy seventy two.
Speaker 5: Now, wait a minute, you're only seventy two and you're saying you're on your last legs.
Speaker 23: Yes, son of them on the downhill side.
Speaker 4: Why do you go to the gym?
Speaker 23: No, I go to the doctor.
Speaker 4: God.
Speaker 23: Hey, well you know I got another question. Since we're talking about old age.
Speaker 4: Well, I wasn't talking about old age you were? Anyway, go ahead?
Speaker 22: When do I have to start taking mandatory with Charles from my.
Speaker 4: Four oh one seventy three years old?
Speaker 23: Is that the end of the year or is it any time?
Speaker 4: I don't actually know that. I can find that out because I'll just ask my.
Speaker 22: Like I'm with Vanguard and I call there and nobody knows anything.
Speaker 5: Hey, let me ask you some bill. You've accumulated money. Have you ever thought of an annuity though? Because of that? So you have that steady guaranteed And I'm not trying to sell you on. I'm just curious. Or are you just going to start drawing down your account?
Speaker 22: I don't even need it because I got a good pension, okay.
Speaker 4: So are you just going to leave that as a cushion to leave to your wife?
Speaker 23: I'm going to try to spend it. But you know, you know me, and you want.
Speaker 4: To go on a vacation with a friend who's.
Speaker 23: Your age, Sure we'll go to New York.
Speaker 5: Hey, Bill, come on, man, you got to get to the gym.
Speaker 4: You got to get to New York.
Speaker 22: Are you from I went to high school right across the street from Belmont racetrack.
Speaker 10: Well, hold on, you're from Queens right.
Speaker 4: No, No, that's Long Island right, No, it's Queens Long Island.
Speaker 23: I went to Floral Park.
Speaker 4: Belmont is Long right. Wait wait, I'm thinking of aqueduct. Belmont is Long Island right near Uniondale, right, Bill, I.
Speaker 23: Was thinking of act by Floral Park. It's right by Queens.
Speaker 5: It's right in Uniondale, right near Uniondale and the whole area.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, yeah, bayside Bill.
Speaker 5: You know do you know the uh it was? It called Hempstead Turnpike.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Okay, my dad had a barber shop there.
Speaker 5: Yeah. But they did mostly gamester meetings and a little hare on the side in the back room.
Speaker 4: They did the meetings in the front room.
Speaker 5: They had a barbershop, otherwise known as launder laundering money anyway. Three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Wait time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies.
Speaker 4: Find out now three all three seven to seven to one. Help.
Speaker 5: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three O three seven one three talk three A three seven on three eight two five five. Ron has a furnace question. Hello Ron, what's going on?
Speaker 21: Tom? Thanks for taking the call. Yes, sir, you're talking about the ladies had smoke or something and I didn't catch all of the was that eight her furnace?
Speaker 4: Wait? Which one was?
Speaker 5: Oh wait, wait one that smelled that? That odor in her heating? That was something happened with the refrigerant.
Speaker 4: It was leaked.
Speaker 5: And uh and then it was a mistake they made in the installation.
Speaker 4: They didn't take no fittings and after.
Speaker 5: The refrigerant got out, then she said she's smelling a funny odor as well.
Speaker 21: Okay, I'm looking at the furnaces and that's not a problem with Oh hell no.
Speaker 5: You're looking at ninety percent furnaces with like a variable speed, right and multi stage. Those are great. Those are great. Now, who's who are you looking at for this.
Speaker 21: Total comfort?
Speaker 4: And how do you know them?
Speaker 23: They've been around a long time.
Speaker 4: How do you know them? Do you have they done work for you neighbor.
Speaker 21: For thirty years?
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, like I said, do your homework. I hope you know and trust them. We have wonderful people as well. Three or three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. We have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. And I'm gonna try to get Drew's go fundme rewritten.
Speaker 4: So stick around.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Ript news So you don't have.
Speaker 2: Come running, just as as we can.
Speaker 3: Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 8: Come six is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 5: No Tom Martine, Hi Tom Martino. Here, let's go and see what we can do for you. Three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven to one, three eight two five five.
Speaker 4: This hour brought to.
Speaker 5: You by Gravina's Windows nine p fifty West Evans. Fifty lines of windows, doors, siding, everything you need. Gravinas is on nine fifty West Evans, in business since eighty eight.
Speaker 4: Nick Gravina now running it.
Speaker 5: He's a genius with windows, doors, and uh siding. You're gonna want them on your side. They've been on my referral list for twenty years and the number is three oh three four seven two eighty four sixty two. All right, now, Anthony, you had called a couple days ago about your sewer line.
Speaker 4: What's going on? Anthony?
Speaker 18: Hey, Tom So, Yeah, when I called you just talking about that liner that they put inside of it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you were wondering what options could you have, and I said, hey.
Speaker 4: Could you let me know what you're going to go with?
Speaker 5: Because you had a sewer line that went from your house through a neighbor's yard and then out to the street. And I thought, well, there's a pipe bursting. There's also a lining. There are different options, but I wasn't sure what they could do in your particular case.
Speaker 4: Did he go? Is he gone? I guess he is.
Speaker 5: Well, sorry, Anthony, we got disconnected three h three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Funny how that happens. Oh he's back. Okay, So what did you end up doing, Anthony?
Speaker 18: So I talked to plumb Line. They came out and scope the line. It actually ends up being two neighbors on one side of me, including myself one more neighbor. Then it gets to the street and it's going through our backyards.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 10: Yeah, so they see.
Speaker 18: He suggested talking to the city because if that's the main line, the city should be responsible for the main line.
Speaker 5: Why would it be a main line because it goes through so many yards.
Speaker 18: Yeah, because all of us neighbors connect to that.
Speaker 5: Oh I see, okay, and what happened.
Speaker 18: So he said, we couldn't do the liner version just because the bellies where the water is freestanding, the liner wouldn't take correctly.
Speaker 4: Okay, So that's that.
Speaker 18: So once I talked to the city, the city basically just says, oh, Yeah, that's something I haven't done in a long time. That's one step short of being illegal in any new construction. And the city basically washed their hands of it and says it is entirely the owned sewage line of the property owners, basically meeting me and all my neighbors technically own that, so if we want to repair it, we're on our own. And according to plumbline, that's roughly figet the whole thing fixed in all four yards. We're looking forty to fifty thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: Oh for sure, for sure it is.
Speaker 18: Yeah, and that's on the low end, not counting any issues we have. Where it goes under mine, well.
Speaker 4: Are your neighbors having issues? Are your neighbors having issues.
Speaker 18: Now that they've mentioned to me, but on sad and ask them, we're kind of at the point where we think we may just have to snake the line every year just to clean out anything that might have come through.
Speaker 5: Well, how many neighbors total, Let's say it's fifty grand. How many neighbors or okay, so you know it's going to be over ten grand each, right, do you think your neighbors would be up for that or not?
Speaker 18: It could be perfectly honest. No. A few months ago the streets flooded after a rainstorm. The city drains clogged up, and two of the four had their basements flooded out. They had to replace.
Speaker 4: All of that stuff, had to replace what.
Speaker 18: Furnace, water heaters.
Speaker 5: So did they know it can happen again? I mean the sewer line could happen.
Speaker 18: Oh yeah, the city knows about it and they staid they're working on it. So who knows fun situations? The joy of old houses.
Speaker 4: Anyway, it's amazing to me.
Speaker 5: Three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry about that.
Speaker 5: Man, You're gonna have an issue, especially when you go to sell it. Man, people, you got to know what your property entails and the complications.
Speaker 4: Yvonne, what's going on with you? Yvonne?
Speaker 18: Yes, I.
Speaker 24: Know that you work with Compass Insurance and I just wanted to know if you had any thoughts on I received a I'm switching insurance. I have All State currently and they deny two claims store of claims and so we've decided to let We went through target on Services with Matthew.
Speaker 4: How's it working work on that for us?
Speaker 11: Well?
Speaker 24: We're just waiting at this time. It's just the waiting game. So we haven't we haven't heard anything back yet as far as you know, Resolve. But I'm I'm in the process of looking for a new insurance and know that you work with Compass Insurance.
Speaker 4: Yeah, now I work with Compass. But let me explain what I love about Compass.
Speaker 5: They do the insurance check up, but they sometimes will recommend that you stay where you are.
Speaker 4: In other words, they're really honest about it.
Speaker 5: So when I say I work with Compass, yes, but Compass would even tell me like or they told Mark one time, Mark, stay where you are, you don't have to move over, that who you have is doing a great job.
Speaker 4: And and but then it wasn't a year or two after that.
Speaker 5: So they'll keep and they'll do an insurance check up first to make sure they can give you better coverage at better prices before you know, before having you change anything. But in your case, if you're having these claims turned down, here's here's what's weird about your case that you probably know. I hope you know this, But the fact that you tried to get claims covered and they did not cover them, do you know they still go against you. Yeah, yeah, isn't that weird? So they still now consider you high risk for the for trying to get two claims covered even if they didn't cover them, right.
Speaker 4: So anyway, so go on with your question. Yes, I worked with.
Speaker 24: Compass, so I at the time when I checked with Compass, they said stay with all stayed at the time, so but oh.
Speaker 4: They were honest about it. I love it.
Speaker 24: Yeah, yeah, that was that was That was actually a few years ago. But like I said, since then, we've had a problem with off State. However, I did get a I have an E M. T UH credit Union account and they sent me uh reply in the mail as far as uh a quote for or available credit union member price for auto insurance and homeowners So I wanted to see if you had any opinions on that. It's basically through true stage.
Speaker 9: But what is it?
Speaker 24: This is provided by Liberty Mutual Insurance.
Speaker 5: Okay, Liberty Mutual not terrible, but yeah, there's nothing wrong with Liberty.
Speaker 4: What why did Compass? Did you call Compass.
Speaker 5: Since you decided to cancel All State even though they said maybe you should stay.
Speaker 24: With them, Not yet, Like I said, when I contacted Compass. This was years prior, so now I'm re looking for new insurance because of this problem with All State, So we're not going to stay with All States anymore.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 5: But does Compass know that that no matter what, you don't want to.
Speaker 24: Yeah, I haven't called them yet. I just wanted to get your recommendation on this. You know this credit union membership price with True Stage, but they're affiliated, I guess with Liberty Mutual Insurance.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, I think that if they give you a good price and good coverage, it's an all right company.
Speaker 4: Okay, what's the price on the coverage.
Speaker 24: I haven't explored it yet. I wasn't even going to bother if you said, no, they're terrible.
Speaker 4: No, no they're not.
Speaker 5: They're not like they're not like a Fred Loyer or those kinds of people, or All State or farmers or American Family.
Speaker 4: No, they're not in that class at all.
Speaker 5: But they're also not in the class of Chubb Travelers, auto owners those But they're not terrible at all. So and in fact, Compass, if you tell Compass about this, they'll they'll compare that too, or or you get a price from them, Compass will say to you, you know what, that's a good deal or not, they'll see. That's what I love about the insurance comparison. You can go out and shop on your own, then go to them and because no one see it's foolish to say, well, we can do better than that if they can, because then you'll know when you pay the premium that they're not doing better. So I think you're on the right track. So Liberty Mutual not a bad company. They're subsidiary, not a bad company. Compass Insurance Group.
Speaker 4: If you as I said, for and for those listening three h threes on nine ninety six nine thousand for your comparison, or the Insurance Health Center dot.
Speaker 5: Com, go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay us until you're contenth.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help.
Speaker 4: You'll think you're his only customer.
Speaker 5: When you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three O three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 4: My goodness. Finally, not finally, it's.
Speaker 5: Not like I love by the way your calls, but I mean, finally, we've had one call after another after another. So now it's open, so you can call in again three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five, or remember three oh three March two, you know, and you can call that at any time three h three six two seven eight four sixty six. Back to some of the texting, texting my cell phone number and it is my Google cell and then forwards to mysell seven four seven nine nine nine.
Speaker 4: Fifty two eighty.
Speaker 5: By the way, buddy, you can't have anybody do a liner in a sewer where there is a belly. If they do, they will still have a belly. That's absolutely true. You don't do a liner. The liner simply lines what's already there.
Speaker 4: And I agree.
Speaker 5: So if there's a belly or a low spot, you'll always have a belly. A low spot, you can do what's called pipe bursting. That's where they get on one side and pull through like a bullet head with uh that's slightly bigger than the existing pipe, along with another pipe behind it, and they literally pull a flexible a line through and it bursts or crumbles the one in front of it, which is the existing one, and lays.
Speaker 4: The new one.
Speaker 5: And you can do that and the rigidity of the new one will get rid of a belly.
Speaker 4: However, if it's a really bad cat.
Speaker 5: A settling of earth, then that would eventually cause possibly a belly there.
Speaker 4: Too, so you have limited options.
Speaker 5: Now, one thing you could do is pipe burst in an area, then go to the area of the belly and just bed that area. If through the years that was the only belly that's you could bed just that area, so you're limiting your excavation. There are many, many, many ways to handle creatively this expensive kind of a job. The problem you have, and I really urge people when you buy a home, that is one.
Speaker 4: Of the things you really need to look at. I look at.
Speaker 5: Buying a home, and I want you to do this because it's going to save you money. I call it the target. So consider the home the bullseye. That's where your home is now. This is a visualization to help you do the checking that you need. So if you visualize the rings of a tart, you start with where your home is and then work outward. Okay, what's around it, like like that's where you look at the sewer lines and all of that. Then you go to the outer ring and then access. How do you get to and from your home? Are you depending on an easement? Is it a private road? Is there a joint maintenance agreement? How solid is it? Then you go back out further. What about utilities pipes? You know some people have to pay massive fees just to get utilities in if they're building or improving or what happens if there is a problem with utilities. Who owns the line and if it stems other people's property? Is there an agreement for that? There's all kinds of things to think about. Then you go to the most outermost ring and that goes for sewer districts, recreation districts, park district, school districts. What assessments will there be in the future, What votes are there, Who controls the purse strings?
Speaker 4: How many times will you have to pay and who will you have to pay? What's the mill levee and what does that mill levy go for not just schools.
Speaker 5: There's all kinds of subdistricts, even a fire protection district depending on.
Speaker 4: Where you are.
Speaker 5: So you look at everything so you don't run into this problem having a problem where one big sewer line goes across private property and it's not the municipality's problem, but it's yours and your neighbors. Getting neighbors together to spend money can be a nightmare, you know, even though they need it.
Speaker 4: They figure out if I stay.
Speaker 5: Put, eventually their neighbors around me are going to replace it and I'll benefit from it. That's how a lot of these losers think. So you really have to be careful when you are buying property.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's very very important.
Speaker 5: So thanks for that text, because it got me to talk about something very serious, and that's when you buy. Most people, if they're buying newer homes, they don't worry about that kind of stuff, although you still have to worry about the taxing districts. You might have a newer home in an older neighborhood. And let's say that older neighborhood has a sewer district. It's not like Denver or it's.
Speaker 4: Not the city but it's a it's a district, and the infrastructure is.
Speaker 8: Old, really old.
Speaker 5: They might have to put in a lift station, a substation, a new pump station, a whole new treating facility for water or whatever, or a sewer district, and that would be assessed to the members. So even though you have a new home, you're thinking, I'm in a new home, I'm never gonna.
Speaker 4: Have to worry about that.
Speaker 5: But you may be in an old district where the district has infrastructure that may someday need to be upgraded, and.
Speaker 4: You're on the hook for it as a property owner.
Speaker 5: There are so many things like that where people get into trouble. All right, now, could you but here's another text. Could you please find out from Denver Region if there is any type of maintenance program after you have reached your weight goal on semaglue tide and by the way, they do turns up tie too.
Speaker 4: Thanks.
Speaker 5: Okay, since you just texted, I'm assuming you're listening. Yes, there is a maintenance program.
Speaker 4: Okay. Usually they start you out on a.
Speaker 5: Dosage that basically slows down the absorption of your food so you stay full longer, you get full faster. You just eat less, it's it's failsafe.
Speaker 4: I mean, it works all the time semagluetide and urzepetide. It also has other health benefits.
Speaker 5: Okay, now it's not technically meant to be a lifetime thing, but in some cases it might be. Some people have insulin sent they have glucose or sugar sensitivities, carb sensitivities, they spike insulin a lot, and to slow down that absorption is a good thing. And it was originally meant as a diabetic drug anyway, so there's nothing wrong with doing that on a maintenance basis. But the whole idea of taking urzepetide or semaglutide by Denverregen dot com or any number of clinics you know in regular names from your primary care doc, the number one benefit is to see, wait a minute, I can eat this much and sustain myself. I'm going to the gym, I'm working out, I'm walking, I feel great. I don't need everything I was eating. And many times it helps you break that addiction to the eating so much and the carb addiction and all of that. Not that you want to erase carbs forever. You don't have to erase them all. But the point is is that it gives you a visualization and assaciation with proper eating and then you hopefully as you wean off of ter zeppetide or semiglutide, you will maintain those good eating habits of portion, time of day, et cetera. But in some cases people still have trouble and there are maintenance doses.
Speaker 4: They're low.
Speaker 5: They could be one to two milligrams as opposed to ten milligrams, right, and it's not going to have any real bad health consequences, and it'll help regulate blood sugar. In some cases, it's got good health benefits. So there would be a maintenance dose and your doctor would have to assess that with you or your primary care provider on your weight, your goals and all of that, so you don't keep losing and you maintain. Yes, you can do that. A lot of people have found. And I don't want to get into this because I'm not a doctor. I'm not prescribing anything, but I will tell you some of the trends I've read about. There's been a school of thought that whenever you can regulate your A one C your sugar levels in the blood your glucose levels in the blood, your absorption, your excretion of insulin and leptin, and all of that that you can live longer.
Speaker 4: One doctor once told me that.
Speaker 5: If you took an imaginary shelf and all your insulin and leptin, all your stuff was up there, but especially insulin, and then you looked at longevity, the people who left most of the insulin on the shelf would live longer than those who take it and use it so much so the more, he said, a good measure of health and longevity is the amount of insulin over a lifetime you use. Insulin does convert things into energy, but it also has some negative effects. Now, obviously you need insulin right, but what you don't need are insulin.
Speaker 4: Spikes all day.
Speaker 5: So people say, well, I'm not diabetic, or I'm pre diabetic, or i am diabetic. What diabetes means is your level of blood glucose after insulin or be right before insulin.
Speaker 4: Meaning what do you normally have as a blood level.
Speaker 5: And many people get an insulin resistance, so even though they shoot insulin, it still is higher than it should be your your glucose levels. So what they do is they call themselves diabetic. And they are, especially if they're pancreas ghost could put an autoimmune disease, you truly have type one. But with type two diabetes, a lot of people walk around seventy percent of the day as a type two diabetic and thirty percent of the day they're not. And they could literally do a glucose fasting test and show that they're normal, but they're not normal.
Speaker 4: They're just normal for the blood test. But if you take a day of.
Speaker 5: Twenty four hours and you're not fasting and you're just doing normal eating and your blood levels, your glucose levels are always high, well you're diabetic.
Speaker 4: I mean you're not type one.
Speaker 5: Diabetic, but you're diabetic, or your diabetic half of the day or your diabetic three quarters of the day. All that is is a measure of your blood glucose levels. And again we most of the day. Most people do this all day all day. You know that the idea is to do this during the day, or this with better absorption, longer absorption cycles.
Speaker 4: That's the best.
Speaker 5: And sometimes these diabetic drugs are what do they do that for you artificially? You know, because you're not doing it yourself. So some people have surmised that diabetic drugs, even if you don't have diabetes, can help lengthen your life, and studies have shown that to be true. Now, I'm not prescribing or telling you to do this. I'm not telling you because you know I'm not a doctor. But but when i'm reading of some doctors are prescribing, for example, met Foreman on a daily basis as an longevity drug, not because they think you have diabetes or they're treating you for diabetes, but they're just doing it as benefits for your whole life and longevity. And some people are doing that with your zeppetite and semaglutide as well. Anyway, that's a lot of information, isn't it. Thanks for the text. Three oh three seven one, three eight two five five Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand Thereal estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: Hi Tom Martino here three all.
Speaker 5: Three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five renew Home Innovations can get your shower conversion done in as little as two or three days and you have seventy two months to pay with no interest.
Speaker 4: And that's beauty.
Speaker 5: Stone resin walls with no maintenance, glass panels, no doors needed. They they make those doors. Now see a curve around. You don't have sloppy doors or curtains, and no thresholds to walk or stumble over. And you can even do perimeter trains, grab bars, benches. You make them to your custom movement three O three nine zero four two thousand, three oh three nine zero four two thousand. We have a follow up on the mini that Deputy uh Deputy D was working on. Now, this woman had a mini and she said the original problem.
Speaker 4: What did she say about the mini in the beginning.
Speaker 6: Well, her her original complaint was how long it's been taking many of Loveland to complete a recall repair?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 5: And that was and we said, okay, that's reasonable that should be done.
Speaker 4: Uh, it was her name Crystal. No, her name is Lilah, Lilah.
Speaker 5: Okay, So we've had a number of these not yet Mini recalls, so Lyla keep going and so she said it's taking too long and.
Speaker 4: Taking too long.
Speaker 6: And in my initial conversation with Lilah, she mentioned something else which became significant later on as I kept researching this case.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was a faulty module in danger of a thermal event.
Speaker 4: That was the recall.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think the car was in danger of And she's had her car.
Speaker 5: She hasn't driven her car, she said, since June of twenty twenty three, because the dealer says they finally got a fix and it was towed there, and she says it's been there for two months.
Speaker 6: So yeah, that's the third, very important component of the situation is that the car had been parked for over a year before it got towed in. Now, it wasn't her fault, it's just that Mini didn't have a repair available for this recall, so she parked the car. It was towed in in August. I spoke with Many a couple of weeks ago, and I found them very easy to deal with. There's a gentleman over there in their service department named Nick, and he answered the phone every time I called. He was very generous with his time and forthcoming with the information. So he told me that the mini is that they're just about to receive the parts from Germany, and he estimated that at the time of our call, the car will be completed next week. Well last next week was last week, and the and the recall repair was completed.
Speaker 4: Okay, so.
Speaker 6: Yeah, However, that doesn't solve Lila's problem, which turns out that there were actually two halves to the issue, not just the recall, but the car had been damaged by rodents. I assumed during the year that it's been.
Speaker 4: Parked, and they're saying that's not a warranty.
Speaker 5: Issue, and so she thinks they should fix it, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that's the idea.
Speaker 5: Why that's not a warranty issue or is she denying its rodents?
Speaker 6: She you know, I looked at a photograph that the dealer of the wiring damage. The dealer sent it to her. She sent it to my phone. I can see rodent damage in some of that wiring, and god knows what else is going on. Is you did to dig deeper and deeper into it. Now say, well, now, Nick at the dealership did warn me that having complete having the recall repair completed does not solve the driveability problems of this car. The n covered a whole laundry list of visions.
Speaker 2: Nine.
Speaker 4: I'm surprised it's still standing. Well, it's how many years? Four to fifteen years? Yeah, Plus it's a Mini.
Speaker 6: They're not known for durability the liability, but Nick said the two primary problems in the context of driveability are the wiring damage from the rodent infestation, but also the battery is not just dead, but may not even be rechargeable anymore. You probably know that when you leave even a new battery discharge for a long time and undergoes a chemical reaction called sulfation, and that completely ruins the battery. It just is no longer able to hold a charge.
Speaker 5: So Nick, so it needs a lot of work that has nothing to do with this recall, and she wants everything done under the recalls at the bottom.
Speaker 6: Lne, Well, those aren't my words, and it's not I can see she's supposed to call into the show to explain her position. Based on the text messages, and the conversations that I've had with her, she is dissatisfied with many of Loveland because the car is still not drivable. Though I think the bottom line is it's not drivable, not and it's not through any fault of many or many of Loveland. So I did invite her to call in. She said she'll try to call in when she has time, and hopefully we'll get her side of the story and I'll be happy to continue to work with her as long as we get, you know, a really good explanation of what she wants to happen. But I have a feeling she wants them to pay for all of these repairs, which are estimated between four thousand and five thousand dollars front i've seen. So that's that's the mini update.
Speaker 4: Okay, But in your opinion, she's asking for too much.
Speaker 6: I think she's asking for things that are not Minie's fault. I think that the mouse infestation and the sulfated battery, we can't pin that on the dealership. That's that's not their fault. They did the they did the recall repair, it's done, it's complete. That's the extent of their responsibility. And you know, One of the major things that needs to be replaced is the what they call the FSB module, which is I looked it up. It's basically a very fancy fuse box.
Speaker 5: All right, thank you, So we got that. Now we have more coming up. Listen, that's gonna happen. Okay, it's it's just gonna happen. Where when you know you have more than one problem with a car and it's not all related to one issue. This happens a lot when people have a car under one warranty or even out of warranty with a recall, or let's say somebody does a repair.
Speaker 4: On one thing and something else goes out.
Speaker 5: There's been an age old problem with people connecting the dots. They shouldn't be connected. So there's not much we can do about that if we look into it and say you shouldn't connect the dots. All right now tonight, I just run remind you that, uh Joe Kanno and his team will be at the twenty Mile Park a twenty Mile Road AMC Theater for a movie event. You can still get tickets three oh three seven seven nine sixty six hundred. That's seven seven nine sixty six hundred. My moneymway dot com. And that's about retirement. It's a movie. It's educational, not a sales event. Three oh three seven seven nine sixty six hundred. Oh all right, three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. By the way, this goes without saying, I have to thank people who have responded to me on Wave eight Wealth Management, that's my financial advisory firm.
Speaker 4: And many people.
Speaker 5: Have asked the question, what should I do if I have this much or this much or this much. It's really not the amount of money you're investing, although I personally believe truly if you have under twenty five thousand, you shouldn't think about investing, because that's about you're going to need urgency funds and you're going to need you know, like backup just regular liquid funds. But as far as investing goes, I wanted to explain this because a lot of people are having this difficult concept of middlemen. No one's going to come out and say we are middlemen when you invest with us, we're going to uh, we're going to shuttle it up the line. But if they're using another advisor to do the portfolios and investing or a broker dealer. They're middlemen. They are literally middlemen. They are making a spread. They're not making your investment decisions. Now, as I said before, there are some advisors that shake your hand, take your money, and they're good people and they babysit it, but it's with someone else. So you can't get direct answers until they get answers and your money is pooled with a bunch of other people. That's the industry. Ninety eight percent of people work that way. So so it you hear all these shows and they what they want you to do is is deposit money with that well not with them, but you know, with a with their firm. And then what they do is then find people to invest that and they pay the fee to part of the feed to them and make part of the feed for themselves for being a relationship manager. So if you like that, that's okay, But that's not taking your specific goals and your specific objectives and running with them.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 5: And as I said before, the number to calls three oh three, seven seven to one.
Speaker 4: Help for that or go to invest with Mark dot com.
Speaker 5: Now, as far as the radio show, it's three oh three Martino and we will help you with any problem anywhere. Just call that number twenty four to seven three oh three Martino and save all your problems for me.