Speaker 1: Quick pro tip. If you're getting ready to head outside, you're dumb. Yeah, yeah, don't be dumb. I know something. You gotta go to work. There's nothing you can do about it, but don't be dumb. Radio protest and was Yeah, barely made it out of wake Forest this morning. So although you said wake Forest wasn't the problem, it was right when you hit in the Raleigh.
Speaker 2: Roads, Well it was the side roads and wake for La My street was nasty. Sure, side roads, yea, main street was fine. Capitol Boulevard, like, whoever did the right hand lane going from like wake Forest to five forty give them all the money because they were fantastic. Oh good, okay, But then you get past five forty like you and you're like, oh man, it starts to suck now and it's just it's just a sheet of ice.
Speaker 1: And then came in Dross never drives capital in cause.
Speaker 2: No, And that's how you know, like, I'm not taking a sight.
Speaker 1: Of marauders or something. I don't know what his fear is. So you did that because obviously that's going to be the main thoroughfare this morning, and it's still sucked. Triangle Town.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, it's the sheet of Ice and I got here and I got the call from History Channel and I'm proud to announce I'm going to be part of Ice Road Truckers starting on Monday. It's been about thirteen years with the show. It's the honor of my lifetime to wake up with you every morning. But I mean, yeah, this is uh. I'm looking for fortunity. Yeah, I'm looking for the next step being a nice road trucker.
Speaker 1: So now that I'm qualified, you know, it doesn't always work out for everyone on that show, right we find okay, well until it isn't, and then you know, it becomes a whole thing. So yeah, you know you don't have to leave. I wouldn't go ahead and do that, And that's fine. We got enough stuff to make you angry at home. You don't even have to, but if you do, and I know some of you do, because our listeners really are the backbone of you know, commerce at the end of the day, keeping the trucks moving, right, get we get the I think every beer delivery guy listens to us. We appreciate that. Get the up ups people down. You want to get all your stuff, we know you're get to be out there, so be careful.
Speaker 2: Everybody seemed to be smart this morning too. There was at one point there was a person behind me and like a person in front of me, and we were.
Speaker 1: All they were tailgating you.
Speaker 3: No you.
Speaker 2: At first the guy started coming up behind me and I'm like, slow down, buddy, right, they do not even get behind you, Like, dude, we're all going like twenty miles per hour, twenty thirty miles at the most. You ned like the car in front of me, Like, screw the two second roll. It's like the ten second role. Like I'm gonna give you a lot of space. Yeah, give me space. So if you're driving, give the other person space.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't be the tailgate dude. Right now, I do one of my favorite stories, and I'm gonna I'm gonna operate because I think it's because I didn't see that they got injured, So we'll go with that. I had to drive across South Dakota once. Okay, I've had to drive across it many a time. But when you drive across South Dakota, for any of you who've had the pleasure, it's basically four hundred miles and then wall drug signs, all the wall drug all the wall drugs signs you could ever want from the moment you cross in over in the Minnesota side to when you hit the wall drug go in westbound and then on the eastbound to you know, when you crossing from Wyoming until you hit the wall drug and that's it. And then occasionally and then it's just a sheet of ice. And it was a sheet of ice the whole drive. I was driving to Chicago.
Speaker 4: And this.
Speaker 1: Band of idiots. You know how you get those speeder groups or they all speed together. This was the people speeding on ice group and like eight cars went flying around me, around like Mitchell, every single one within the next few miles was in the ditch. Now granted they were right side up, and nobody looked like they flipped. They were running around. They were out of their vehicles staring at it like, oh my gosh, what are we gonna do? And I'm just like, there you go. So don't be that guy in the band of marry idiots. You'll get there, Okay.
Speaker 2: You know I shoveled my car out last night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you told you rush teaching me the whole routine you did, like the whole yeah.
Speaker 2: Stuff on a rock salt I gotta leave, no matter what, I gotta get to work, right. So it's like I got up at three thirty, like three left at like three thirty of the defrost. But last night, like going to bed, it was like super fluffy, and you wake up this morning and all that fluffed to it's like solid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, people, it was the flu. Like it's the snow you want if you're a kid. Last night, right, a little probably a little moist, but like you know, the big chunks, especially against if you have like a light on outside and you see it coming down and all that, but also just the worst to drive in so or land planes in Oh man, are dude, are they going to be correct on this one? Are they going to be correct on this plane? This plane up in?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: You know, because we get into this whole d high thing right like what we're here and there is you basically have a a woman pilot who was landing who literally just got qualified on this equipment but was having you know, it was basically this was part of her training. And it sounds like the person who was the senior pilot within that cockpit also didn't have enough reps or whatever on that type of aircraft and those types of conditions. And so if you watched it, Russ, did you watch the video of the plane landing that finally came out. That thing hits the runway hard, man, hard. There's a little bit of flare there where you do the are you're gonna have the back tires hit and they're gonna have the front tire at at the last moment hit. Sometimes it's more aggressive than others. If you've been on a plane more than once, you realize this. That thing hits so hard. I'm surprised. I'm not surprised. The landing, you're basically collapse. But now you have this story coming out where you have passengers on this plane. I guess they offered them all thirty thousand dollars. It's not supposed to be binding in any way. They're just like, hey, sorry, we landed you upside down. How about we give you thirty k while we figure out what's going on. So that whole thing is looking crazy. Man, I don't know, I don't know what they're gonna do, but like, if you want to create that narrative, it's not looking good for the airline, at least from a safety standpoint. And then when you find out that this particular subcontractor or partner, this endeavor err or whatever you know, put out all these videos saying like, oh we do unmanned flights, unmanned flights. If I am fully aware of what happened on Fox News people, I understand that somebody who calls the show ended up on Jesse Waters show. I'm aware of it. We talked to him yesterday on the air about it. Okay, when I'm tagged in everything, Ross is tagged in everything, there's no way that we did not know. Okay, Jamal's video that Elon Musk retw retweeted Jesse. I guess Jesse Waters had it on his show. I didn't see it live, but I did see one of the little clips there, so and then we got tagged on it and then so yesda, I'm like, why is the Twitter on fire? What the hell is going on? And then then I realized what it was? So yes, got it, got it, got it?
Speaker 3: Got it?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, very good?
Speaker 6: Where was I?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah, so, like you know, you make it. They have all these videos they're like, we do unmanned flights. Ross, did you see the unmanned flights? Video that Endeavor has been putting out and they're just like, oh, look we do unmanned flights, specialized in unmanned flights, you know, like what does that mean? He realized it's just oh, look, the pilots are all women and the flight, which is not necessarily a problem, but it's like the only thing they focused on.
Speaker 2: They need to change the name of that because it's super confusing flights and like does AI flying the plane? Like what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: No, no, there's not any filthy masculine uh eh yeah up in there. So that's what they're talking about. It's all girl power. This this flight powered by girl power, which apparently is very green. So no, no, no, no. So even if you remove all the gender stuff, like if what what what they're explaining with the pilots there sound super like not that not necessarily the situation as a passenger you would want having a land and some pretty sketchy conditions which tend to permeate Canadian airports during the middle of winter. I told you one of the one of the scary I don't want to say it was scariest, but one of the craziest. And it doesn't mean we're necessarily in danger, but it's one of those why would you tell the passengers. I remember landing in Rapid City, South Dakota one time in the winter. I was having to try to get home, flying into Wyoming. It's not easy. Sometimes you don't quite make it. You end up in Billings, Montana, or Rapid City, South Dakota, or maybe Casper if you're lucky, and you still got hours ahead of you to get home. And so I'm flying in. I can't remember why I was having to go back, but I'm having to go back. It's the middle of winter, and the conditions in Rapid City are awful, like far worse really than even what is going on on the ground in parts of North Carolina today. Difference is that's just what you do. And so we're on descent, and it's one of those descents where we're never going to see ground before we hit it because it's in the middle of a friggin snowstorm. And so we're flying through the planes getting the craft kicked out of it because it's in and out of these storm clouds. And by now I'm I've flown enough where I'm just like, I'm just like all right, whatever, even though we land and I got to drive three and a half hour or we crash and I don't have to worry about it. And then we do it and it's a pretty hard landing, not gonna lie, but we get it, playing gets slowed down. We're there, and then on the PA they're like, hey, this is Captain so and so, and I just want to let you know the first officer so and so just got out of the Air Force or whatever. That was his first landing, uh here for the company. And I'm like what And then yeah, no, oh, no, no, no, I screwed the story because they told us in the air still that it was gonna be their first thing. But don't worry. They got down the military and then we did it, and then they give us the whole bio, and I'm just like, glad it worked out. You know, sure, everyone's a fine pilot there. But again, you're in the middle of this narrative. You're making all these videos that keep going, oh, we do unmanned flights. There's no any toxic masculinity in there. I'm like, I don't know, I just want to pilot that baby. Doesn't hit the runway on the land at so much speed it looks like it snaps the landing gear. Do we have that? I don't know, man, but we'll we'll, we'll explore it as we uh slide through all the stories today. All right, coming up, we got uh, let's see, Oh we got to Oh we got more protests. They're doing a protest today and in this weather. Yeah, I guess they saved They they figured out how to save the Kennedy Center yesterday, which I don't think they were closing. I think Trump just got rid of the guy who was like, hey, I get paid five million dollars a year to put on uh drag shows of for teens instead of you know this, we have this huge, world renowned concert venue and I'm using it for all my social justice stuff. So they didn't shut it down. Trump's just like, you know what, I'm gonna run this thing because what's going on now ain't working. But that brought the protesters out, and I guess they figured out a way. So and we'll talk planes with CNN, because of course we will. And I had not had a chance to see the new Gen Ruben podcast yet. Ross we could be in trouble, man, we do I don't know if you know this. This the podcast for the show for those of you who are too cowardly to get up and join us at the proper time. I'm kidding some of you. Our podcast kills it. We do really, really, really well, and we got a lot really high streaming, usually the best in the company far and away, and I I'm really nervous that some of our digital numbers could suffer with this new Gen Rubin podcast. Yeah, you know, or and other other folks.
Speaker 2: It's very threatening because they do the podcast, you know, it's like a video. Yeah, and they do the Bormer upward camera angle thing.
Speaker 1: Well they're doing put the phone on the table and then you're looking down at it. Yeah, like it's a zoom media.
Speaker 2: And Jen Rubin's face through like a fish bowl.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's also but there's so there's a visual. But don't don't sleep on the sound. The sound pleasing to the ears, I think would be the way to say that. It doesn't even matter what they're talking about. It's just the the choral flow of the of the harmony of voices of other cast off old school reporters who will never see the light, who still think that they're doing the right thing. So they go out and they start the contrarian and then do this pot like those that those types of renowned reporters whose grift is up, but they're just they they don't see. And then and then you turn it on and you're just it's like the song of the Sirens, which caused many a ship to smash itself against the rocks, because you just can't unlisten the.
Speaker 7: News highlights and the low lights through.
Speaker 1: Joke highlights will have the dad joke of the day. That's guaranteed. I torment my family every morning. I bet you stream of dad jokes. Okay, I bet you don't even need to tell the dad jokes. I bet your family feels tormented every day. You're absolutely right, Billy Crystal from Never Ending Story Joke, Jude Ross. Do we even do a dad joke of the day? How did we not think of that? Can you do it? But do it like you have uh, what's the what's the thing from the eighteen hundreds killed all the kids? Do it like you have whooping cough? The news highlights and the low lights go through some of the we'll go through some of the joke highlights. We'll have the dad joke of the day. That's I torment my family every morning. Can you come see we spare mom job Jed?
Speaker 2: JA highlights, You look fabulous.
Speaker 1: I've the hair dressed up for oh the audio just got longer, hair dressed uff for up. Missus doubtfire.
Speaker 2: You look fantastic, Jed.
Speaker 1: They gonna have your shut up.
Speaker 2: You're a bacon a conservatism Ja.
Speaker 8: Yeah, oh man, you should play the whole thing joking. I just want to play the whole thing.
Speaker 1: You think they're hooking up? What did I didn't want to know? You get weird and hear what got this upstart? Sound alike? I don't know. Passion spille over news highlights and the low light?
Speaker 2: All right, Dad, I can't rod focused up towards my nostrils, Jed. Are you ready for the dad joke of the dad.
Speaker 1: It's only ten dollars a month, Only ten dollars a month. That's it. We'll be back. Think about it. It's just actually more insane than you could have expected it would be, in in in what they're finding out there. So just so you know today what everyone's gonna be screaming bloody murder over is I guess they're going to fire seven thousand i rs. There's going to be more probationary agents, which again was part of some of the ramp up and hiring and and the Biden administration, even though they were being challenged in court over this stuff, decided to go forward and uh and and start getting that program cooking right. So it's they weren't all going to be people that were necessarily auditing you, but still seven thousand people. This was part of that plan to get eighty thousand more in there across certain a certain spectrum of it. So yeah, they're gonna They're just gonna go ahead and fire them today and I'm sure everyone will be losing their One of the things that's not getting enough pub is what Zelden is discovering over at EPA slush fund after slush fund. Basically they had one that was twenty billion. It basically was sitting there. It had been taken and put into its own bank accounts. They're finding a lot of these credit cards that are attached to stuff and then the monies would just be used by mid level, upper level, sometimes low level bureaucrats for pet projects. This is the type of stuff that you're seeing. Well, they'll claim it doesn't fraud. They'll claim that they have the discretion to do this. Yesterday they announced that they found a two billion dollars slush fund and most of the monies it hadn't been formally distributed, but were being slowly distributed to Stacy Abram's climate change group. But yet the money seems to be like it was used for like Trump sucks rallies and stuff. And I'm sorry, I don't know how any of this is not illegal just because you were in a position of power to make these calls when you then made the call in this case a stuff that was being squirreled away. A lot of this stuff looks like it was enacted and squirrelled away after the election, prior to the inauguration. Basically, we're getting the moneys in there. That's why they're clawing back some of these payments because they rushed and they made these payments they knew inherently probably weren't legal. But if they figured it ouf, hey, if we got the money out the door, there's nothing they could do. And my question is when will somebody go to jail for this? This isn't locking up your political opponents. This is locking up thieves. This was never even when it was. I don't care how much discretion you think you have. At some point you're clearly only using the money for your own gain benefit or pet projects. That's not what was intended. That's like if we took Raws sim put him in charge of the National Endowment for the Arts, Okay, and then you want to talk about some questionable expenditures, and then he decided to take that year's entire budget and fund a Hollywood quality level origin pick of the Board queen. Right, but not the Board Queen where she's out assimilating everyone, but back when she's in Space School, right, and she's trying to make ends.
Speaker 2: Got a strip, Sydney Sweeney. Yeah, yeah, that's what the people want.
Speaker 1: So so that the people want a origin story of a twenty something year old boarg queen at space school who has to strip, where all the scenes take place gratuitously. I might add in the thing and the Board Queen, a young board queen is played by Sidney Sweeney.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's not for me, it's it's for the people.
Speaker 1: That's what they want, is the Board Queen.
Speaker 2: They don't want it, they need it.
Speaker 1: That was Some would say that would be an irresponsible use of the entire budget of the national You know what I need more money? Is the project running over? Is this gonna be a three part You're.
Speaker 2: Gonna make a two parter like a like a I'm like, I'm like Coppola with Apocalypse. Now you need more money?
Speaker 1: Okay, it probably wasn't a good example. So does Sidney Sweeney even look like the Board Queen when she's older? I mean, like the face?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: What happened to the Moose is.
Speaker 2: A reimagining of the board Queen?
Speaker 1: Oh is it gritty? Tell me to'll be gritty?
Speaker 2: Oh oh it's so gritty?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So dirty? Yeah, but I say gritty not dirty. If you added the other word there and it's the n C seventeen, how'd that happen? All right? So but my point stands, Hey, just finding this two billion here, twenty billion there? You know, it reminds me of It reminds me when our former governor Cooper was trying to set himself up to because that's the thing, that's the fashionable thing, right you get the Okay, don't say me that's not a real movie. That's being made people.
Speaker 2: I'm making a poster for it right now through GROC.
Speaker 1: Oh I don't want that. Probably you probably don't want that on the files in your computer. Man. Space School's expensive though.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: See, look, I love how GROC is at. You know, it gives you like, you know, you put in what you want on Groc and then it gives you like you know, hey, you should ask for this too. So I'm gonna click less clothing.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 1: So it's like show Girls meets Star Trek meets trigger or warning for Probably you shouldn't show the kids that. Okay, Well, look, you know these are the things that people had to go through. It's no wonder she's so angry trying to stimulate everybody. Look at her, look at her lived experience or whatever the phrase is they like to use. All right, well Ross is working on that important project. Let me flip over to this.
Speaker 2: Oh it's a good idea. This change the board cube to two spheres.
Speaker 1: This where will the spheres be? And will they light up? They're gonna light up? Okay? Anyway, Well, all that's going on and Jen Rubens doing her podcasting, lights and the low lights go through some of the we'll go through some of the joke highlights. Are you gonna save You're gonna save Wesley?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 1: Are you gonna save Wesley?
Speaker 7: To Blade.
Speaker 1: Company? That's where the wife? Isn't it a great cameo? All right? Are they gonna cameo in your Sydney Sweeney biopic?
Speaker 2: Sorry, if the budget allows it.
Speaker 1: Probably need more money. Get one of these other slush funds for you, oh man? All right? And then and then the cuts they just just keep on coming, all right, get you to some of the other stuff that they're doing here, causing everyone to lose their absolutely lose their minds. Meanwhile, in Los Angeles, the America Karen Bass, who's doing a great job, she also is trying to figure out because I don't know, some people are saying that maybe she might have mishandled everything right there, and really it's not just her, but like all the people out in La California, especially if they thought that this was like this, all this, the climate crisis was the crisis of our of our generation, of our world, right doing nothing to mitigate it and pretending like you don't care, and then going to Africa for the Guanese inauguration or whatever, which it just looks like a big junket trip. After your campaign saying you wouldn't leave La for stuff like this, How could this have happened? How could it have happened? Well, luckily, after doing an interview with the locals, is fought with the local Fox affiliated in Los Angeles. It sounds like they're starting to get to the bottom of this stuff. So, mayor Bass, how are we going to figure out how you basically disappeared? And then when even asked about it by reporters, you just pretended you couldn't speak, like what's happening?
Speaker 9: When I talked about it with the fire chief, what she said is is that we have warnings of Santa Anna wins a lot but predicting this and you saw from the city, from the county that level of preparation really didn't happen. So it didn't reach that level to me to say something terrible could happen and maybe you shouldn't have gone on the trip, But to me, I don't know. I mean, I think that that's one of the things we need to look at. So two investigations are taking place, one internal to the city and that's the fire Commission because that's mandated by the city charter. So the commission will hire an outside entity to examine everything the pre deployment, you know, why they were staffs, why were firefighters sent home, you know all of that that should have taken place that didn't. And then also the governor has contracted with the Fire Safety Research Institute, which is a national institute that investigated what happened in the fires in Maui. So everything that happened, including that needs to be examined. But I will tell you that I felt absolutely terrible not being here for my city and not being here for my family who was impacted by the fires as well. And so when I say it was a mistake, absolutely the idea that I was not present was very painful.
Speaker 1: Well, I just want to ah, I just want to put into one clear, concise sentence what I just heard. So that is the mayor of Los Angeles who wants you to know that she's open a formal investigation into why she was out of the country, why they are allowed her to be out of the country. How dare they? I don't know who they is here. I guess they is a staffer to be sacrificed at midnight at some point over this thing. So you're now going to spend taxpayer dollars to do an investigation as to how they set you up to not be there when the fires happened, and how none of it's your fault?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 1: Why not? Absolutely? That's that's honestly, this may be more wasteful than Ross's little Borg project thing he's doing. He's literally still working on a poster for right now. Is groc not giving you what you want? Oh no, it is, Oh not gonna look at any of those six forty five Hang on on our Twitter?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 6: What is that?
Speaker 1: How is she a struggling space cadet student just trying to pay her way through having a dance at the Gentleman's Club? And already Sidney Sweeney is the board Queen Origin has the suit? I feel like that suit is something that you would gain later in life. How does she have this suit? And it's a nice suit? Holy cow? So Ross has just posted his board Queen Origins starring Sydney Sweeney movie poster on the at Casey on the radio.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we're gonna need more money for post production, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: It's so wrong. Man. It's well done, though, I will say that, how would you how would you not get in a line to get assimilated? You know what I'm saying. You walk in, you're like, yes, please assimilate me. You know, Pista Card's gonna be when you clawn back from that? What if the tagline was resistance is fertile? That's good? Yeah, well, apparently she can get all praggers like the chick who got with a hot thousand dudes. Apparently that chick's pregnant. What a timeline? Yeah, only fans creator Lily Phillips, who initially said with one hundred men in the day and then thought, hey how about we do what was it was more than a thousand? Apparently she's pregnant. I don't know how it could have happened. I'm a little unclear on the science here. The twenty four year old shared pregnancy announcements on her Instagram. What is that episode of Maury?
Speaker 10: Like?
Speaker 2: Did you see the official Maury response? I saw it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so great? Yeah. The the the Twitter account for the Mory Show said I think we'll sit this one out, which I think is a mistake, Like, because this is not an episode, this is a whole season. Do you know what I'm saying, that's a whole up and down season.
Speaker 2: You know, it's right, it's in the comments. I saw somebody like going over the math of it all about like you know, how did this have happened? And they were talking about.
Speaker 1: Like birth control failure at nine point ninety per.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the effacy of it, and they're like, well, that makes sense because that'd be like one in a thousand, yeah, one fifty seven.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So it was those last fifty seven that got you. That's what you give for being a greedy whore, right, pe'd have kept it at nine ninety nine, we wouldn't be here, but no, you had to push it. You're already risking it with that thousand, so you did to throw fifty seven more on top. You were just asking for it. Also, there's the possibility it's a stunt, because let's face it, that's that's what this is this day. Ah, and then people are arguing whether it should be a stunt or not. I don't know, how'd you like to be that kid knowing that's how you were conceived? Great, because you're gonna know it's not you know, it's not like you can get away with Hey, the father's not in the picture. And then when the child's old enough, you have to explain it and maybe you tell them maybe you don't like that. Kid's gonna know, like you know, one day it's like, ah, who's my daddy? And they're like, well, there's one thousand and fifty seven options. This is you know, if you're twenty three and meters, you should lock this up. This is a market, this is you gotta lock this right now. Be the official uh you know, genetic test facility of.
Speaker 3: Of this.
Speaker 1: I would not call it a love child, but holy cow, that's why there Isn't she beefing with the other British chick who likes uhs hooking up with all the dudes?
Speaker 2: Like I said, I was shocked, Like, but I thought they were the same person. And apparently there's like three of them or two or three of them, but they look exactly the same and of different names.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Now if they're both British, or one's British, one's Australian or something, I don't know, they're both they don't have the Kings accent or whatever. So all right, if she haven't won, is it twins? Do we know? If do we know, we don't know people who want to fight. I don't know. Maybe she knows it, says she has a boyfriend. Dude, you got it, bro, You get in the you get in a paternity on that, right. I mean maybe not now where you start a whole fight over it. I think like, maybe wait for the baby to be born and you go in you know, whoop, some of your hair fell out just for you. You don't have to tell anyone, but probably get that lockdown. And if you're one of those dudes, are you nervous? Probably not. If you're willing to line up for that, you probably want it because you think it will somehow get you access again. At least she didn't say that she feels that she has to because remember she has to redo the number. Oh. I hope she's not gonna try to make a video while she's pregnant. Anyway. I'm sorry, I'm gonna go. I'm gonna I'm gonna stare at Ross's board queen poster because it's just more wholesome this morning. What wait a second, I'm reading some of the comments under your AI not feeling the outfit makes me think she has tentacles and is ready to use them. Dude, it's the board queen, do you yeah, that's her thing? What did you think what you're signing up for? All that weirdness?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 1: Oh wait, now hold on, now I'm getting corrected. Oh jeez. So the chicken's pregnant is the one who got with one hundred dudes, the one and then wanted to get with a thousand dudes. The other chicks, the one that got with a thousand fifty? Is that true? I don't know. I've tried to believe it or not. I've tried to not understand this story while also doing a little bit of research, you know, early on. But no, I don't. I don't purport to know it acca and I don't want to know.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: One of the biggest problems is just fishing through the data that's getting released because again, and I know I'm a broken record, we're doing it's it's at fire hose levels, right, the whole You're trying to drink from a fire hose. The pressure that's coming out of there, like every day, it's something so apparently all right. So the way I understand this is and I'm going to retweet the tweet here and it may be because you know, I'm in the middle of doing a radio show, so I can only get so much of my attention, all right, So I just reposted it. So these are these are from different individuals who are deep diving some of this spending. So Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Services received two hundred and twenty one million dollars of taxpayer money for what appears to be resettling, the resettling of, you know, the various migrants that are coming across and but the position was based out of Yancy County here in North Carolina, which included a sweet gig for who they quote resettlement director. Do you guys know what Nancy County or Yancy County? Excuse me said Nancy County, Yancy County? Like do you even know where that is? You think you do, but do you even know what's in it? Like nobody lives in Yancy County. Burnsville is in Yancy County. It's the only city of size really in the county. It's basically before you get to Asheville, like Black Mountain right and then go north and so and then that county right there. So you got the parkway up through there, you've got Burnsville, you've got what it was, Spruce Spruce Pine. Now Spruce Pine isn't even in Yancy County. Basically Mount Mitchell directly north is Yancy County. So there's yeah, there's not much there. It's the part where you go because there's not much there, and it's cool, man, it's what you do. And so I don't think the money was just for Yancy County. I think it was for I think that that position was just out of there. I'm assuming that they must have some sort of setup near Burnsville. But still, it's two hundred and twenty one million dollars that clearly went to to that. Yeah, let's dig into that. Absolutely, Catholic charities and Lutheran the Lutherans. Man, there's a lot of and and and I found most of those organizations to not really have much to do with the faith that they purport to be an offshoot of. But still, it's just death by a thousand cuts each and every day. All right, hold on, it's like Caine River. I don't even you know, I'm no offense to Caine River, but like that barely tracks with me. So Burnsville is the only town I could have thought it isn't Cane River right next to Burnsville. Anyway, I don't know why you try to correct me. I'm saying, I don't know what's there. It's where they're They're not shooting the board, Queen no biopic in Yancy can stop it? Emailer? Are they? I don't know? Uh, yeah, all right, so I just called up the map. I don't know why not any of it matters. Yeah, I don't think they're because yeah, in the total population where Yancey County is less than twenty thousand. So no, I think they were just operating out of there. But it shows up like that and we should look into it absolutely. I'm with you, all right. Eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four. You want to be on the show. That is the phone number to make it happen. Coming up on the show, by the way. Here in a little less than one hour, we'll chat with Steven Kent, who had an absolutely visceral reaction over free checks. I don't know why. Yeah, very upset. There's a story yesterday where it says musk mules sending all Americans five thousand dollars checks using Doge savings and some people are very much opposed to this because, right, it's not free money. It's your money, right, it's your money. It would be money that they've already collected.
Speaker 2: Shouldn't the money go to paying off the debt?
Speaker 1: Well that's what some would argue, Yeah, one of.
Speaker 2: The money, because it would cause inflation to be worse.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, it was funny because this is this is like the first thing that Jesse Ventura did in Minnesota, and I was there for it. I got my check, I was there, got my check. Jesse Jesse Ventura is like, ah, we don't need all this money. Why don't we give it back to the people. And then there's an inherent cost and you have to make sure you get it right. And they didn't initially get it right. And then they sent everybody checks and it was like right after I moved to Minnesota, so I didn't feel a little guilty, but because of my tax bracket and everything, and I had paid taxes, you know, in that that first year, and I ended up getting my check back. So yeah, I don't know, But also why are people so worked up about it? I don't know. We'll find out. Steven Kentz one of those people has worked up about it, so I just you know, I messed with him a little on social media, but we'll save it to uh to do it and uh yeah, yeah, we got lots to We got lots to get into. So in addition to the I R. S workers yesterday, basically they just turned off they turned off the old money spigot for any federal benefits for any anybody who is in the country illegally. Everything just no moss. It's over done though, and they're gonna absolute bloody murder. The amount of dead migrant babies you're going to be hearing about today with very little evidence is going to be pretty astounding. But like this is the mentality. They had a high school teacher over the weekend who's now been removed. I want to say he's in New York. I have to go look it out you somewhere up in the Northeast who was telling his class last week that what Trump and Musk are doing is the modern day, modern day trail of tears? Are they marching people from DC to Oklahoma? Do we know if that's happening right now?
Speaker 3: Ross?
Speaker 1: Can you check that? Would you see if they're marching tens of thousands of people forcibly from DC. Perhaps the very people just lost their jobs to the Indian territories of Oklahoma and Chanci.
Speaker 2: Sure let me check.
Speaker 3: No, they're not.
Speaker 1: Oh they're not, okay, because that would be a modern day version of the Trail of Tears. What are you talking about? And you're a history teacher? Well you were, now you're not, hopefully ever again. It's just like the Trail of Tears. They're giving them blankets so they stay warm in this winter weather. Oh not those blankets. What are you talking about? But when that's your mentality and that's what you're losing your mind over, because that's what MSNBC and CNN are going to be feeding me all day. Is it really even your Are you to blame? Are you to blame? Eventually, before you know it, you find yourself sitting here and you know, buying into this.
Speaker 11: National Cancer Institute funded study was terminated.
Speaker 1: Over a written letter.
Speaker 11: Told to stop work immediately and that no more research.
Speaker 1: So you're wait hold on, So, ma'am, you were curing cancers on the protein, so you were you cured cancer and then they made you stop curing cancer?
Speaker 11: Be allowed my study to explore how to safely collect sexual orientation and gender identity and cancer care practices.
Speaker 1: Was response, Wait, hold on, I have a question. So if I have cancer, it matters who I'm hooking up with, and what do you mean safely collecting? Were they getting mad at you because you're asking them who they like to sleep with and they're like, Hey, I'm here because I have cancer? Can we hurt? Can we work on the cancer? And then they were because you said safely collect and they were having a visceral negative reaction where you're like, hey, so like dudes, chicks, farm animal what are you into? Yeah, I understand why people got magages. So to your job isn't really curing cancer. Your job was patting alphabet stats.
Speaker 11: What the American Society of Clinical Oncology, the American Medical Association, the US Preventative Services Task Force, and many other national professional standard setting bodies that recognize that we need better data to create better clinical guidelines for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and intertersex people. My research was terminated as a result of the President's executive orders, presumably the quote unquote defending women from gender ideology extreme as a lever.
Speaker 1: Your job was eliminated because you that's that's made up. That sounds like that sounds like a made up thing. That doesn't it doesn't sound like it has any help in curing cancer. So you know, you to open with the volley that I was. I was just we just I've just had it. I had the Peatrie dish all loaded. It was going to be the slide that cured cancer. And the big orange mean guy he stopped me. But but then when you explain what you were doing, it doesn't sound verry cancer cury. So get in line. Right, we're walking from Arlington to uh, you know, Oklahoma City. Because that call or that high school teacher said so to this, I say, good Man.
Speaker 11: National Cancer Institute funded study was terminated.
Speaker 1: I never received a.
Speaker 11: Written letter, but I was.
Speaker 1: They're all booing. You remember, these are the same folks who thought they saved the Kennedy Center yesterday by doing weird protest dances with one of those old school music players. What am I thinking of you with the big warn coming out like a patrolo. Yeah, look at that yeah interpretive dance thing there.
Speaker 2: And they're walking in like slow motion or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's really that's helping is that you save the Kennedy Center there with your your flapper, your your little flapper. Often these people aren't real, right.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, this version of Trump has brought out like the weird, arty, artsy protests.
Speaker 1: Like before, the theater kid is not even a strong enough adjective. It's not even well you've heard.
Speaker 2: It's like, you know, the IT guys are not taking control and they've kicked out the theater kids, and now the theater kids are on the streets doing weird dances and from the Kendy.
Speaker 1: Theater kids stuff. Yeah, oh what if I do this thing that looks like I'm doing yoga and having a seizure at the same time. Well that worked. Do we save the kids? Said Kennedy Center said, Oh, look it's saved. It's still there. So Joe Stevens is the Secretary of State. Is the Welsh Secretary of State, right, Because don't make this mistake if you ever go to the UK and you're over on the western side of the lower part of it and you're like, oh, you're British and they're like dah, we're Welsh, right, but they're also British, So you know, it's the thing it's It's like Scotland, right, it is one of the countries that makes up part of the United Kingdom, so they have their own like mini version of the Parliament and you you're more familiar with Scotland's version of it just because they've gotten more pub but I the Welsh have their own. So this is this is the top chick over there who has decided that the best use of her time is to launch the toughest of its kind new restrictions on online knife sales. We talked a little about this, but no they went full in. Here's the tweet that launched it. Too many young lives have been lost to knife crime. That's why this labor government Democrats is taking action with the toughest of her restrictions on online knife sales, closing the knife loophole and keeping dangerous weapons off our streets. Okay, dude, did you see the video last week of the guy who's like who showed up and was burning a koran in the UK. And so he's burning a koran standing like, and he's standing out there obviously to make a show of it, lights this thing on fire. And then there's this older dude, This older Muslim dude who comes along and like just out of nowhere, just pulls out a big old knife and starts stabbing. The guy gets the koran back. And what's even crazier is so this dude who's now been stabbed for burning this koran, which obviously it was meant to elicit a reaction, probably not that reaction. So he's stabbed, lying on the ground the other dude who stabbed him and just you know, just walking around with a giant knife screaming at him. That's his religion, that's his book. He can't do that. And then randomly they have Delivero. Do you know Deliveroo is like uber eats over in the UK. It's like they're big and there's they have the dudes on the bikes with the backpack.
Speaker 2: I think, thank god, somebody came to help him and so.
Speaker 1: They kicked him. Oh my god, that not the guy who stabbed the guy who was stabbed. They just randomly stopped. They're out there getting ready to deliver subway or something and they just see it on the ground. They're like, aah, we should probably get a rib.
Speaker 2: Kick yeah, and parked the bike and kick him.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So who do you think, who do you think they arrested?
Speaker 2: Well, I would hope they arrested the stabbers and the kickers.
Speaker 1: The stabbers they did arrest the kickers. I believe they went off to do their food order. There's no word. But they arrested one other person, so they get the stabber. They arrested the stabber who they arrested another, not one of the kickers. Who do you think it might be?
Speaker 2: Maybe somebody that was across the way, like a good Samaritan who wasn't acting up right, like just to watch the whole thing.
Speaker 1: It was like, oh, he's too close. He didn't get away when the cops said no, they arrested the dude who got stabbed, so because he did a hate thing with the Kuran, burning it, so he got charged too, because that's what you do. It's absolute clounch.
Speaker 2: Did they also rest of her posting it online?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: No, no they did not, because they you know, this is what happens when you burn this book that you probably went out and body Leland Dudik. You have no idea who that is? It's okay, neither did I I still really don't. But the his his origin story, his path to now a you know, kind of a big to do in in in government is quite an interesting one. So Leland Dudik up to just a couple of weeks ago, it was just a dude who worked at the Social Security Administration. He was, you know, some mid level analyst dude. He was tasked at the time with attempting to make the Social Security Administration is fraud free. And I guess as responsive as you possibly could, but he basically was screaming into the void. Man, right, you can make all these recommendations, but when people up the food chain with actual offices and titles are the ones doing whatever they want, your recommendations is basically go in the circular bin. And in fact, it got a lot worse than that. So Dudik, who was an obscure bureaucrat at the Social Security Administration but seemingly took his job of stopping fraud seriously even if his recommendations weren't followed, almost got fired. So during the first few days of the Trump administration, according to Dudik, he was called into his boss's office to announce that he had been placed on administrative leave. Oh my goodness, So what was the high crime this guy allegedly committed well, according to communications which I have now ended up being leaked out and the Daily Wire published this and some others have followed. Dudek was in trouble for cooperating with DOGE. That's right. Acting Social Security Commissioner Michelle King, who's now gone, basically did not like how Dudek actually was willing to cooperate with the DOGE people. According to Washington Post, King exited the agency after refusing to let DOGE access agency data and when Dudeck then would do it after she was in Nit. This is before she left, but while she was still refusing, Dudek said, Hey, I'm here to stop waste, so I'm gonna I'm gonna facilitate this. They were going to fire this guy, yes, who's now the Acting Social Security Commissioner director, This dude, the only one in the agency who had a little bit of pull and a lot of access, who when those came knocking, when his colleagues said, no, we're going to pout here like children, He's like, dude, you can jump on on my computer here, I'll log you in. And that's what he did. And now he's the boss. Dude, that's great. And it must be terrifying for all the people who just fell in line with what this kingwoman was doing, because now this guy who I'm sure that they probably treated horribly when he was cooperating, I mean, look at that they were willing to fire him. The Washington Post reported the king exit of the agency YadA YadA, but did not report the managers at the agency had moved then to punish du Dick as he cooperated with the quote unquote efficiencies ours due to a career civil servant as example of how there are a few fiscally conscious long time government employees and how the Trump administration in Doze can maximize their impact by joining forces. In a LinkedIn post, he wrote, I confess I helped Doge understand SSA. I mailed myself publicly accessible documents and explain them to DOE. So yeah, so this is a he's not just allowing access to his console. He's explaining all of this stuff. Because yes, there is going to be a learning curve for people are coming in to understand this. This is why there's so many of these celebratory stories where they're just like, can you believe what these idiots did? Like there were what were they upset over the one of the agencies lost their access to West Law right for their lawyers, so that you know, you pay for access to these legal resources which are not necessarily inappropriate, but goush they're expensive. I think the contract was worth like ten million, but because of the way that it was labeled, it looked like an expenditure to a news outlet because it's Thompson Reuters. But Thompson Reuters is West Law, if that makes any sense. But they saw Thompson Reuters and so they canceled it. And then when they were told, hey, no, this is the West Law thing, we do need this because we have litigation, they went ahead and although they did change it a little, they reinstated it and people are like, ah, this is what they're doing. Well, then you should want people who are responsible and honest at these agencies to communicate with these folks because there's a lot going on here and they're not going to get all of it right. And I agree that you need to operate with some due diligence, but this was a very minor thing, and that's why you need the do decks of the world. And this guy's so high on his own brand too. He's just like, yeah, I confess I bully agency executive, shared executive contact information, even circumvented the chain of command.
Speaker 3: What of it?
Speaker 1: Everything I did was in service to my country, our beneficiaries, and our agency. This dude sounds like he's really yeah. And this is why I've also claimed that you can't just sit here and go like all the government employees are effeckless and worthless, and no, not all of them. And especially now when you're making transitions and you're trying to figure out efficiency, Really people are going to be able to be upfront and honest with you. Think about how it works. If something works where you work, then unless you work there, you'd never understand the process because it wouldn't make sense to you. The little hierarchies you deal with the things that you only learn after you've been you know, working in a place for a while, but you know, maneuvering how things work within iHeartMedia is something that Rass and I didn't know inherent when we get there. But you learn it right. You learn who the people are. This is the person you should talk to for this. This is how you avoid teams meetings. You know, you figure it out. So it's going to be helpful to have people in there who are willing to do that. So that's great. So this is the only dude who cooperates. They figure out how they're going to fire this guy literally for doing his job, and now he's the boss. That's like a Hollywood movie man. But hey, I'm I'm here for it, and I love this real quick. What is this I'm not saying now people are arguing, I'm not the one who said that what's going on in DC is like the trail of tears. A high school history teacher is not a teacher anymore, told his students that up in New York last week and then he I guess he tantrum quit. It was in a Catholic school too, So yeah, the whole thing's just weird. But people are conflating things there and check this out. I have to mention that her Hurricane is no more and not like a snow hurricane, the raced age you will tell you about here in a moment because he hates you, but rather Hurricane, the most decorated canine in all of the White House history, has passed away at the age of sixteen. You'll do. You remember him though, And he got to eat which for these fur missiles. Oh man, that's got to be just the best. He's the dude who or he's the dog who ate the dude who jumped the fence. Going back to boy, when was that twenty fourteen right with Obama? Remember the guy got over the fence, was making a mad run for the This was after the dude had made it into the White House with the knife like the year before. This Hurricane is the one who got to chew on this dude for a while. I guess he messed him up too. Unfortunately, during the struggle, Hurricane was injured, so he's been he's been essentially retired medically retired since then. But the amount of commendations and whatnot he has pretty impressive. Plus he got to eat a bad dude, so there's that. So good on him, all right? You like those inspiring, you know, happy stories, ray, So I'm glad for those police dogs. Man, there's nothing. All they want to do is eat a guy. That's it.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: Every day he's sitting there like, can I eat him?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 1: Can I have about that guy? Can eat that guy? And then you get some lunatic over the fence. Madr you're on Russia. This is your time to eat boy And he was a good boy.
Speaker 7: He ate so sounds good on him.
Speaker 1: All right, why'd you do all this? Why did you did you?
Speaker 3: What did you do?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 4: I'm sure you have, but in case people don't. One thousand crashes in the state yesterday, preliminary Oh.
Speaker 1: I thought that was the number of men who might be the father of that porn chicks baby.
Speaker 7: Gosh, we just got a conversation about that.
Speaker 1: I'm sure you did.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we did.
Speaker 1: Even the Morey Show said they don't want to deal with it.
Speaker 7: So no, who wants to deal with that?
Speaker 4: And the only question I had had was over that twenty four hour period, if there were any repeat customers.
Speaker 7: That sounds I forget it. I better go yeah, one.
Speaker 1: Thousand, because that would make it weird.
Speaker 7: That would be yeah, because it's not weird enough, right, No, not at all.
Speaker 3: What do you do?
Speaker 7: You just you just go and you get back in line.
Speaker 2: The guy comes back, yeah, and she's like, what are you doing you perv.
Speaker 1: I did see an interview with her. I did see an interview with her, said that the dudes were fighting to be last last, and I can't describe what she described that the last dude. Yeah, like dudes wanted that's what the thing people wanted to go last, she said was the biggest issue.
Speaker 7: One thousand car accidents.
Speaker 1: One thousand and fifty seven actually, but anyways, that what it is.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the fifty three car pile up on I forty nine eighty five.
Speaker 1: I think I said it.
Speaker 4: Oh's get bigger problems when you have less snow. I mean we had about a one to three inch around Raleigh, around an inch or so ended around the Triad, but we did get those higher totals to the northeast and a foot in Southeast Virginia too, so imagine the problems there.
Speaker 7: And we're still not done. We're seeing another little.
Speaker 4: Bursts of snow and snow showers up through and getting into a Yatkin County, Surrey County, Stokes County, and there's a little bit more back behind that. So that's kind of the true Arctic air starting to push in and we'll see another little round of snow showers. The problem is is that we're in the twenties now, and so even if we get this little burst, it could slick it up the streets and spots pretty quickly here this morning till about lunchtime early afternoon. Then we'll get some sun, but it's going to be cold and breezy, low to mid thirties. There's still winter weather advisory tonight in the upper teens. Tomorrow forty, mid forty Saturday, mid fifties.
Speaker 7: Sunday.
Speaker 4: Certainly getting a lot better as we get into next week, we could get back to the mid sixties. So whenever, good to drive around with caution. This morning, you get one of these little bursts, you may briefly see reduced visibility, may quickly get some icy streets. If we don't have any black ice this morning from where we did get the precip and it didn't get cleaned up.
Speaker 7: So yeah, we're not quite done yet. But they sure packed them in for the basketball game last night.
Speaker 1: Okay, good for the basketball game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, they packed them in well. They managed it what they they offered because of the weather. The weather angle was they were hoping that more people that could walk rather than drive keep people off the roads, can make it in. But they made it TarHeels, tar heels and uh NC State, So.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's kind of a big game. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and all of a sudden, how many hockey fans are there out there now right here?
Speaker 3: No doubt.
Speaker 7: I'm watching, no doubt.
Speaker 1: And I'm telling you, man, I just I want all the worst dirt bags of Boston.
Speaker 7: The anthem. The anthem is gonna be great. They're going to be screaming. Can't wait.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we'll talk about those ratings, because holy cow, do that here in just a moment. I do appreciate it, sir. In an hour, Yeah, go back and do your research on that one, chick, all right? Seven eight?
Speaker 3: Hang on, Yes, sir, I've got two quick falls for you. One can you remember during COVID when they're having all the shutdown for essential non essential? Wasn't the Kenny Center deemed to be essential? And didn't Nancy Pelosi like make sure they got a million dollars because she had a child working near.
Speaker 1: There was some funding stuff, And yes, the Kennedy Center found it out. I can't remember exactly what it was, but it found itself with some rather interesting interpretations of its own usefulness. So but I the details. Yeah.
Speaker 3: The other thing my dad was was a superintendent. They had to upgrade all the fire doors at the Social Security Administration building in nineteen seventy for fire code, and he reminded me. He said, he said, you would watch girls, four of them, push a cart down the hallway, and each one would pick up a handful of mail and walk into one of the various offices, deliver mail, come back, and another one they push it down. They do this three or four times a day. Okay, and yet we needed four girls to push one mail cart to deliver mail at the Social Security Administration?
Speaker 1: Is that crazier than the weird bicycle tricycles and the limestone caverns were the how we retire federal employees? I mean that that insanity that we were greeted to.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: That almost sounds and thanks for the cause. It sounds quaint man, what a mess, dude? Check this out?
Speaker 7: I guess.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: So where these guys are from? Colorado? I guess? But they were down in Louisiana, so US. So there's a federal prison, US Penitentiary, Pollock, which is located near Alexandria and central Louisiana. The eighteen and nineteen year old who were not inmates, but those soon will be probably maybe allegedly had thought that they had come up with a rather interesting smuggling operation. So they had a problem. They the Pederal prison. You know, it's got a bunch of guards and gates and fences around it. But they got to get their giant piles of meth in there somehow, because you know, that's very profitable if you can get the drugs into the prison, considering what they sell for. So these lunatics went and got a custom made Civil War era replica cannon made. They had it made, so now they have their Civil War cannon. And so these geniuses set up outside of the Federal Prison, good lord, and start firing cannon balls of meth into the prison. The problem is, if any of you have ever ross you've ever seen a cannon fired in person? Have you ever ever gotten to the Civil War thing or just some other exhibition or in a historical regaon.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, fire mine every weekend?
Speaker 1: Okay, but for real, real, have you they're incredibly loud they are. There's no if somebody's firing a cannon. And I've been to a couple things where they fired cannons. One was that reenactment over at Fort Fisher and the other one was just somebody had a cannon at a range and what a day was. But they're incredibly like, how do you think the guards aren't going to realize what you're doing? So you have to like pretend you're doing a civil war reenactment. And even then they're gonna see this stuff flying over the fence. Man oh man, So how many? By the way, they were attempting to fire. I hire it from three hundred and fifty feet away, so they're, you know, they're better than a football field. But still the guards heard it and they're like, wait a sec, Gary, you guys aren't just doing a Civil war reenact and it looks like you might be hiring meth cannonballs into the prison.
Speaker 7: But yeah, they were.
Speaker 1: They were using it to launch the items over the fence. Unfortunately, the guards knew what was up, so they got arrested. I love the one dude's comment after his arrest, when asked, hey, was that a good idea? He said, no, we should have used a pidgeon a U line.
Speaker 12: The prevailing opinion is if you don't live it, you don't believe it. The people at you Line believe in hard work and they live it by being there twenty four to seven to answer your call, having forty one thousand items in stock and offering same day shipping from twelve locations across North America. Business owners, sellers, fires shippers, and packers Believe it. You Line is the hard working, dependable source for your shipping in industrial Visit u line dot com.
Speaker 2: Give the inside of your home a fresh new look for the new year.
Speaker 1: Hey, it's Stephen Kent, who, much like Mark Hamill, is doing this thing pantsless. How you doing, Steven? What's up this morning?
Speaker 6: My pants are barely on casey doing good?
Speaker 1: How does that work?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: He's now a Hammill's like, oh, they gave me some pants but they didn't fit. But yeah, yeah, I cretently got on stage, bro. And here's the thing. I almost understand that, right, because you know it's essentially these are outfits for their dress by different styles. But like, I lost like forty pounds this year. I have pants that if I were to try to wear them anymore and I didn't have like all the belts, would be a tragic wardrobe malfunction. But I like, inherently you know that that dude's looking Yeah, he's looking rough.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he is looking rough. He's having a hard time. He's very stressed out with his Trump derangement syndrome and spend a tough couple months for him.
Speaker 5: But I gotta say, man, I watched this video of his pants falling down at the Baptis, and all of my sort of political gripes.
Speaker 6: About Mark Hamill went right out the window. I mean, that's that's so embarrassing.
Speaker 1: That just makes you turn tunity. Yeah, that makes you turn real red if you're Mark Hamill. And I think it was like Adrian Brody sitting there in that Timothy chalomeag and whatnot. Who are like, oh my gosh, is Mark Hamill's business? If you're Mark Hamill and you don't put your hand out and go that is not my genitals. You're looking at right like you know, what have you even doing? Not doing that?
Speaker 6: Yeah, clicking on this video, I didn't know what to expect. I sort of thought that he would play it off because he's a funny guy. He can he can do he can do comedy on the go. But man, his voice is shaking and he's scrambling for his pants and he's he's trying to stay serious as possible. Oh, it's hard to watch this is This is definitely one of those videos that will make you blush.
Speaker 13: What makes this love cinema so much that we're all gathered here to celebrate tonight? For me, it's that films create world so vivid and stories so powerful that we lose ourselves in them, completely cinematic landscape.
Speaker 1: Voice breaking a little late. You wouldn't know what's going on unless I told you with the audio, But obviously it's clear in the video what's going on there. I mean, that's not why we got you. Why don't you want me to have a five thousand dollars check so I can go buy a flamethrower?
Speaker 3: Bro?
Speaker 1: What's I've been?
Speaker 3: I've been.
Speaker 6: I've been sitting around this morning thinking about the things that I could buy with that five thousand dollars check. But Dave Ramsey has got me peeling away at my debt load, so I don't I don't need it. You know, I'm good.
Speaker 1: I Dave. This is a special envelope, Bro, this is a special envelope.
Speaker 3: Dave.
Speaker 6: Dave would not be happy with any of us. He calls us moron stupid.
Speaker 1: All right, so let me we can't do that. Yeah, let me set the facts here. So this doesn't sound like it's anything set. But when of things that must was a toy and around with is something called the Doge dividend. But basically it would be a refund check of five thousand dollars that would go to taxpayers. And I got to tell you, I've actually experienced this. I happened to be. I happen to move to Minnesota right after Jesse Ventura, right as Jesse Ventura was going into office. So one of the things that Ventura did, and it caused all sorts of fights, But I was a recipient because I had been a taxpayer the year prior. Is it was not five thousand. But Jesse Ventura decided that he was going to take the budget surplus and then just figure it out based on tax bracket and send everyone checks. And they did, and I got my Jesse Ventura check. That was the thing. And some people were very upset, saying, well, I don't know, why don't you just hold on to the money and then, you know, not use it. And then next year, rather than taking as much tax revenue, why don't you use you know, put it towards that because inherently there's a cost to issuing all of those checks, and I don't remember what it was, but it wasn't a small cost, and I think they screwed something up to that they had to fix. So, uh, but then I saw you have a very visceral reaction to the proposal yesterday. You just you just scream wrote no. And then, uh, why why don't you want me to have my fun check that I can go out and you know, blow on stupid stuff? Man, what's up with that?
Speaker 6: Fool me once you know I'm not going to be fooled again, or something like The saying goes, look this this needs congressional approval. Any initiative to redistribute federal funds is going to require legislative action. That's exactly what happened with the the the checks that we all received during COVID. That was part of a congressional effort to do story.
Speaker 1: Mean we, I mean we not all of us got one.
Speaker 6: I mean I got one. So I don't know what your problem is, but this is this is this is an inflationary action. When you when you shove money into the leaf blower and blow it back out into society. This is part of why your groceries are so gosstn't expensive, and it takes years for these things to balance back out. Sending checks to people is no different than subsidizing a failing industry like solar or something. It basically just allows them to prop up certain prices because it is being subsidized by the public. That's what this is. But we like to think of it as our money and that we're just getting it back. Well, that's what tax refunds are for. And you know, the IRS could implement something a little bit smarter that just makes this sort of like a tax rebate. But you know, you can't just be sending checks. That's also just a form of buying people off politically, and I don't like it.
Speaker 1: Well it's okay, yeah, but have you ever seen how happy people are when they've got a random check show up? I don't care if they're happy.
Speaker 6: I don't care if they're happy.
Speaker 1: Ross, let me ask you a question. If you're home later and the door is a knock on the door, Ross HET's people knocking on his door and publisher's clearing house is standing there the big ass check that just says Ross on it. Are you in a good mood or a bad mood, be super happy. Look at that. And he needs people knocking on his door. But he's got now, he's got a big old fake you know, the big weird check with his name on it. Like how happy?
Speaker 6: You guys are part of the problem. You're You're going to destroy this country, guys.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about the publisher's clearinghouse. I'm not talking about from the government.
Speaker 1: I'm just pointing out that people like you a check. Yeah, people are wrong people, Stephen, do you even know what? Ross is putting all his money into this morning dollars as he can get a board Queen Origin story a board Queen Origin story set when she's still in space school and she's having a strip to make ends meet, and it's starring Sydney Sweeney. So wowooll are you coming around on this?
Speaker 6: Yes, I've changed my mind. What can we invest them together?
Speaker 1: Roie exactly. And he's been making weird AI movie posters, which he's tweeting out, So if you want to go see that.
Speaker 6: Weirdness, I see the AI movie posters. He's texting them to me right now and they're rather suggestive.
Speaker 2: Ross, What are we doing I keep telling Kroc to make Groc, to make the cleavage bigger. You know, Yeah, Hey, how can we improve this? I'm like, I'll let you know.
Speaker 1: Well, look, you.
Speaker 6: Can be used to be a nineteen eighties anime artist.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Space School ain't gonna pay for itself.
Speaker 2: I need I need more funding, is what I do.
Speaker 1: So you know that five thousand dollars check and probably a bunch of other people's checks. That's that's the thing that's gonna have to happen, all right, So uh pivot over to this on that wonderful thought, Goonies too? Do we need a Goonies too? Are we gonna do this thing? What are we gonna We're gonna have a.
Speaker 6: We never need We never needed a Goonies too. And if there was already a Goonies too, it was Skeleton Crew on Disney Plus and nobody really watched it. I find this stuff incredibly sad when we try to drag back really beloved stories like this that sort of our cult status, right, Like it was not a huge success for its time, but it lingered on too being cult status movie over the course of the nineties and the two thousands, And to drag these full grown adults back on to screen to try to make this thing cute again. Is it's not going to happen. And it's always just like the most tried movie format where you make the former kids the parents and then their kids go on an adventure, and it's never as good, never as good.
Speaker 1: Oh, come one, do you think that the Ghostbusters weren't bad? The new ones?
Speaker 3: Were? They?
Speaker 6: I think that they were unnecessary and they didn't bring anything to the table.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think that's remember also I write, but I think also to the horrific decision to do that female led Ghostbusters and instead of making the old people just old now for the old actors, you know, to then take all the beloved actors but make them play bit cameo parts that are not their main characters, and then not to have a script. And just like that was so awful that I think it caused people to be willing to accept the the eventual sequels, which weren't half bad, with maybe more open arms, you know what I'm saying, Because it's like, well, it could be a lot worse, because it was a lot worse, So this is somehow better.
Speaker 6: I just moonies never say Die and even hearing about this makes me want to die. This is this is just not what Centimon is. But I think the reason that this is happening, though, is because q kq Kwan, the little Asian kid from the movie who is just absolutely freaking the door and he was in the Temple of Doom. I mean, his his career, his career has blown up in adulthood. So he's finally now getting to be a huge star after everything everywhere all at once, and his Oscar wins there, and so his acting career is now on fire. And I think that this movie is probably now has has gas because of that reason. And look, people are going to be disappointed. These people are not cute anymore. We don't need to see the Goonies get back together. You just need to watch the Goonies. It's a great movie.
Speaker 1: Oh you don't. You don't wonder what's loss up to? I mean, and Corey Feldman needs the money. I don't even know what he's up to, but I'm sure he needs.
Speaker 6: Well, he needs the five thousand dollars check. I mean, that's that's for certain.
Speaker 1: But you don't want him to have that, so let him let him get paid. In another way, speaking of sequels, do you get a chance to watch the New Captain America? Here I've been. I've been a couple of things of Prize Me One, the usual progressive movie outlets which normally fawn over this stuff, especially if there's a swapping of the actor, right, because I just think they're getting it to you. They're giving them garbage scores like I n G gave them a five out of ten, Washington Post obliterated them, Vulture Variety like, and then I saw people actively criticizing that at no point does the Red Hulk bite the Green Hulk, which is kind of his thing. So where are we going with this? Is this thing going to be an new stinker and people aren't just going to show up? Or is that just is it more toxic fans?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: What do you think?
Speaker 6: Well, it's doing fine and the box office is or not? I mean we're talking about topping the box office number one for two weekends in a row. I don't think that critics need to like comic book movies now at the Rotten Tomatoes score is down for the audiences as well. That's not connecting with how the movie is selling. I will say out right, I haven't seen it yet. This movie is pretty low on my list. I'm very, very burnt out on the MCU, and I don't particularly want to see anyone else be Captain America besides Chris Evans. So I just have no motivation to do it, even though I love Harrison Ford and absolutely adore that man, but I don't really want to see him running around without his shirt off as a CGI read monster. It's just not interesting to me. So I just think that people are generally frustrated with this movie and the ongoing story that they're they're telling here.
Speaker 1: So what was that noise that I just sharded? So we get a lightsaber? You know.
Speaker 6: So I work in the basement of my home, and when my children and my wife get up around this time and start moving about, my life becomes like like I'm underneath a herd of elephants down here. So all of you and all of you and Raleigh get to listen to that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's just Raleigh Greensborough too, So yeah, maybe some maybe you just got a drug him or something. Do you remember I remember incredible? Do you remember how incredible all of those worked from our broadcast from home situations during COVID were like, remember the one guy is doing these like the business analysts, and you just see this baby just brust into this room. And then there's another one who's in one of those little roly things, and then you see the small Asian woman on her knees dragging those kids out of the camera frame. And then everyone's like, oh yeah. Everyone's like, oh, that's your your housekeeper, and dude's like, no, that's my wife, right, And how awkward that was the chick who had the adult toys on the shelf behind her.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I teach, I teach. I teach a media class, and we watched that video with our students every time we start.
Speaker 2: The class off.
Speaker 6: And that family has has gone on to continue to do interviews and appear on news to show those kids all grown up. But you know, it's adorable, I will say for your audience though, just because we like to talk entertainment, I have not been up to speed on Captain America again, like I'm pretty low energy on it. But I am up to speed and ready for the debut this morning of season five of the Chosen, the Jesus and the Disciples series that streams yes on the Chosen app I mean this, this show is hugely, hugely popular and season five the trailer drops here in about an hour and a half on YouTube. This is going to be the final run of The Chosen. I love this show. It took me a while to get started on it. I'm super skeptical of Christian entertainment because I'm so conditioned to it being bad. But as soon as I dove into this, into this, this series and got a couple episodes in, I couldn't put.
Speaker 1: It down all right, real quick, just because you brought this oddity to our attention. And I've got two minutes speaking to Member Barris. Does everyone remember this guy do with the famous interview after somebody attempted to break in and assault his sister, mister Antoine.
Speaker 14: Dops, Well, obviously, we have a rapist in Lincoln Park.
Speaker 1: He's climbing in your windows. He's snatching your people up, trying.
Speaker 3: To rape them.
Speaker 14: So y'all need to hiji kids, how's your wife and hadgehog?
Speaker 1: Because they're raping everybody out here. We got all right. So anyway, after that happened, obviously, when the viral fam I did see him do a web redemption on Tosh and niest parts is He's like, by the way, I'm gay, he said in the middle of it.
Speaker 7: I'm like, really, we had no idea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but now he's a real estate agent. I got I'm gonna play this real quick.
Speaker 10: Hi, I'm at Swan Dotson. You may recognize me from a world famous viral video. A lot has changed in my life sense real much.
Speaker 3: These days.
Speaker 10: I'm telling folks to hide your wife, hid your kids, hide your whole family and a brand new high home. Buying a used home is so dull, It's like, really really dumb. For real high homes makes a buying process easy. Call high Homes.
Speaker 1: Now all right, we'll retweet this out last fifteen seconds. How great is that?
Speaker 6: America is a land where anything is possible? Case this is this is this is fine.
Speaker 1: One's getting raped up in there. Gotta be careful. We'll week I gotta roll. Thanks for it, Appreciate it, man, We'll talk next week. You at the end of the segment. And Lord knows, I don't want to cheat you out of any of this. So and thank you Steven for bringing this to our attention. So Antoine Dodson made famous for his viral interview after an intruder attemption to break into his sister's bedroom, and we got this going.
Speaker 14: Well, obviously we have a rapists in Lincoln Park. He's climbing in your windows. He's snatching your people up, trying.
Speaker 3: To rape them.
Speaker 14: So y'all needs has your kids, has a wife and had hood because they raping everybody out here.
Speaker 1: All right, that you'll never forget that there's a couple. And there were a few viral interviews that went uh, like right at that same time, who was the one woman I can't remember what her name was she gave that amazing wow. What was her catchphrase? Too? She had a great name, like so that was like this era where you just had you just had this gold out there sweet was it sweet brown or whatever? I remember what her name was. Oh, it was great. So anyway, the question, because well what happens do you have to go viral like this? Sometimes it's really dark man like it when the Star Wars kid. That's like a really that was a little kind of tragic story I think there. Sometimes you just gotta figure out how to parlay it into something. So I guess Dodson is selling real estate now and and this is his actual ad, and I'll let me play the whole thing this time. I cut a little of it off just because of the because of the clock, because it's hilarious.
Speaker 10: Hi Dotson, you may recognize me from a world famous viral video. A lot has changed in my life since then. These days, I'm telling folks to hide your wife, hide your kids, hide your whole family in a brand new high home. Buying a u's home is so dull, it's like really really dumb. For real high homes makes the buying process easy. Call high Homes now and you can run and tell that's home boy.
Speaker 1: Don't run until that homeboy. I remember the other lady's catchphrase, ain't nobody got time for that? I just don't remember a day. But yeah, so he's so, would you hire Antoine Dobson to do your real estate for you? Oh? Maybe, I'm sure. I'm sure it's probably working out for him. So what are you gonna do? I have some real estate people locally that I would endorse. So sorry, Antoine, but I don't know. Hey, baby, got that going for you?
Speaker 2: I actually cut out the phone number in the website for the very reason.
Speaker 1: What do you mean? Oh, yeah, yeah, yeah, I don't think he's probably not licensed in North Carolina. Where does he live? It's like Ohio or something. Right, I don't know where he lives now, but I think at the time it was like Ohio or something. He said Lincoln Park, So I don't know if it's oh is that Illinois? Yeah, I think it's like Chicago. Oh okay, well all right, but not North Carolina. So so we got that right there. All right. So that's uh, that's the thing that's happening there. Uh, a few others. Oh, ross, Hey, I got a new punter for you guys over at the Bills.
Speaker 2: You guys, Yeah, I mean we could use one.
Speaker 1: Sure, okay, all right, I'm gonna send Chris right over. Man.
Speaker 2: Is he Is he nice?
Speaker 6: Dude?
Speaker 1: I mean, like you think he's passionate? Dude?
Speaker 2: Yeah? We had we had to drama with Digs in the locker room. How to get rid of that guy. Sent him the Texans. He came from the Vikings and he was sort of an issue.
Speaker 1: So this guy wouldn't be Yeah, well that's why we got rid of him at the Vikings because he he he didn't like it if anybody else gets the ball.
Speaker 2: So yeah, so there so, so it's not like that again, right, Did I.
Speaker 1: Just see that there's a digs cardib sex tape? Is that a thing? Some of the stuff you read on the internet, Man, dude, there's so much crazy stuff out there. Are you following this macrone stuff with the Candice owned stuff?
Speaker 2: Is that the thing? Like, I know, maybe it was her, but somebody called out like they thought that his wife was actually a dude? Is that the same?
Speaker 1: It's different than that. It's it's more than that though. The narrative and like some of the stuff they're coming up, and I'm telling you some of it is really like I.
Speaker 7: Got some questions.
Speaker 1: It's not just that mccrone's wife is a guy who essentially is much older and groomed Macrone, Right, that's the allegation, but that that's his father. Did you not know this element of it?
Speaker 2: No, I've completely missed that.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: I did too. I've stayed. I'm just like, all right, somebody eventually will prove something. It's like the elon Omar with the.
Speaker 2: I was about to say, it's like Omar saying, you know, hold my beer, you know.
Speaker 1: And by the way, as somebody who's still partially plugged into Minnesota politics. Like I know, you know, I know, the the activists and the bloggers and all that stiff. Like from day one, this elon Omar story and it tracks it and the Omarch story tracks because you have to understand the rampant abuse that was going on with the refugee set up there in Minneapolis as it pertained to Somalia.
Speaker 6: They had.
Speaker 1: It was a whole big scandal that a lot of people are not aware of. But it started after two Somali boys ended up getting who when I say Somali boys, I mean they're not from Somalia. They were from the US. But there were two Somali parents, right, and they ended up getting recruited by al Shabab to go back to Yemen, go to Yemen and then back to Somalia. I guess there were in two different places as part of that civil war up there. And so the Minneapolis Star to view and they're like, what happened to the Minnesota teens? They got recruited to go back and then ended up martyring themselves and they found out that they were like they had moss that were straight up recruiting them. The FBI got involved. It was a whole thing. But one of the other things that came to light is the way that you had the refugee system being abused. This is nine tenths of the stuff that you're seeing Doge pull up right now, where it's basically people within the system who even if they think they have moral justification to do stuff like one of the things that they're seeing is a lot of these migrants where they were essentially just kind of shoehorning them into social Security disability because they realized that they get them in there, they get them rubber stamped that they could get the money's flowing, right. This is what they're trying to root out with the immigration stuff, With the refugee stuff. The problem they were running into is you were given preferential treatment if you present it as a family unit, right sore. If you're just a random dude in Somalia and you want to come to America as part of this refugee program, you're not going to be given priority that you would get if you were a couple. So now, if you're a married couple, you have a better chance. If you're a married couple with kids, you haven't even better chance. And so what was happening is you would, you know, a guy and a gal would get they were married, right, and you know, because paperwork and records are good, luck with that, and then they would get like orphaned kids and then pretend to be a family, and then they would get here. And the reason they were having problems with this is they'd get there and then the adults would look at this thirteen year old and they'd be like, all right, good luck, buddy, and then they just you're just gone. This is stuff that is happening, has happened. And so the idea that it may have been her brother for the purpose of the refugee organization is not outside the realm with possibility. But this Macrome thing is far weirder, and again I don't know if they'll ever definitively be able to prove it one way or the other. And then the added element that it maybe is his father, like that's it's so weird and so crazy out of hand you want to immediately reject it. But also maybe not the father part, maybe the fact, but the idea that that is that the first lady of France it was a dude, And I would understand why they'd hide it during that time. Plus you have this huge age gap, and then you get into the groomer conversation. The whole thing is just just bonkers. Man. That's the internet right now, and you know what it is. There's just so much dust stirred up. Trump has stirred up so much dust with everything going on that Frankly, if you have an insane scandalous story, now the worst time for it to hit the media landscape because there's so much other stuff going on. Planes are crashing, arguments are people are all holding press because you know they're going to protest against a toll getting taken away today. I didn't realize that the Trump administration go in in eighty six the toll thing there, but apparently they can all right, wait, hold on, Boston, Paul's mad at something. What do you want, Boston, Paul?
Speaker 6: I mean, come on this stuff. You know, the media all day yesterday're saying how great this salt Brian has. It's working. Look at it's doing its job, the following the trucks around as the sprain it all over the place. It works for about forty five minutes. Then it turns everything to a sheet of ice. You can't go anywhere today because all the roads.
Speaker 1: Why are you out the need to wire you out endangering people. You don't need to go.
Speaker 6: I need to get out, and again's ice. It needs to be a three to one, you know, salt sand mix or a fifty to fifty stop with this brind they just waste it.
Speaker 1: Tive over go up Capital where they got all the trucks parked there about halfway before you hit the belt line over with the ncdot's got all their trucks and that big lot, and explain to him how to do stuff. I'm sure they'd love that.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 6: I mean it's just stupid. I mean you can't you can't get up a little hill around here because it's a sheet of ice.
Speaker 1: I can't ask you. Well, the rest of you and your your your dirt bags up there in Boston. Are you gonna you're gonna give the Canadian fans some grief tonight? You're represent I can't.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm not you.
Speaker 1: Favor calling the rest of your other crooked retired cop buddies the living.
Speaker 6: No, No, they'll be on details up there, making you know, like sixty five dollars an hour. They're not going to say anything. Yeah, maybe, No, that's an event that's seventy five eighty.
Speaker 1: That's Canada, the US hockey rematch tonight in Boston.
Speaker 7: This thing's gonna get Yeah, that's gonna be good.
Speaker 1: Stay tuned, all right, all right, I'm sorry you're having to deal with that, but maybe you should stay home, Okay, raced agic, he'll be the arbiter of that. Should Paula stayed home and just drinking bureau? Yeah, should he try to get out.
Speaker 4: On the roads they probably started already. No, stay home, I mean especially the probably yeah, yeah, they're in it early, right. The areas that got hit hardest yesterday, Orange County pretty hard hit. But it looked like a general two to three inch in and around the triangle one to three triad but enough because it came down so quickly that obviously from over here and the winter weather advisories with us, and there are areas of ice this morning, so know what you're doing and know where you're going. I mean, don't put your brakes on if you hit a patch of ice. That's the last thing you want to do. And we still got another little burst of flurries or snowshowers that come through this morning, and with temperatures in the twenties again, we may see even additional problems with areas of slippery weather, especially bridges, overpass as, untreated road surfaces. So still not quite out of the woods. Casey cold day today, but we'll get some sun later load to mid thirties teens tonight, maybe a little refreezing. So Friday morning, once again we have to look out for some icy spots, especially in those areas that got heavier PREZIP and if they didn't get the streets cleaned up. And then close to forty tomorrow lo to mid forties and sunny Saturday into the fifties Sunday. Probably much better through midweek next week Monday through Wednesday near or above sixty degrees. So early next week looks a lot better than it does right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, stay home, don't do anything.
Speaker 7: So no USA, USA. Oh say, can you see that anthem is gonna be great tonight?
Speaker 1: You know, the fights come on, it's the fights we're looking for.
Speaker 7: There A little to condone.
Speaker 1: That, but well, yes, absolutely, you're such a good person. All right, we'll talk about it tomorrow and we'll get with folks from Bloomberg Next, Hang on eight fifty four your Bloomberg update with Scott Carr. We're in snow mcgedd and Scott, So I apologize, Yes, what's going on today, sir?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 15: President Trump making news elsewhere then, just suggesting some of the savings from the federal cost cutting effort overseen by a billionaire Elon Musk, the head of the so called Doze Group, might be issued as a rebate to US taxpayers, and another portion being used to reduce the national debt. The President's also fuming say reports about how long it's taking Boeing to produce a couple of specially modified jets for use by the president. Trump says yesterday he can considering buying some used Boeing planes now, perhaps from an overseas seller, to use as air Force one, and he's ruling out the European plane maker air Bus, so he's kind of left with a secondhand Boeing jet and in the news case, Hoping to revive smartphone sales after a sluggish holiday season, Apple is unveiling its iPhone sixteen E. It's a low end version priced at five hundred and ninety nine bucks, featuring a six point one inch screen, a forty eight megapixel camera is that a lot I don't even know? And a USB C charging port which they use now. It's also including a cellular motiveship that's now made in house by Apple.
Speaker 1: That's different.
Speaker 15: It replaces a key component they used to get from longtime supplier Qualcom. The iPhone sixteen E the first of several iPhone design changes planned for this year. Apple's going to come out with a new, skinnier version, they say. And finally, are we eating out more post pandemic? Apparently we are, despite stubbornly high inflation. The National Restaurant Associations out with the prediction this is going to be a record year for the restaurant industry. The group predicts food outlets we'll generate about a record one and a half trillion dollars.
Speaker 1: In sales this year. That's an uptick of more than four percent.
Speaker 2: Cassee.
Speaker 15: The futures are all lowered today with President Trump's statements about Ukraine and indicating a lack of support for Ukraine and its war against Russia. Now features down by well three tenths, and Nastak and SMP they're both down casey by around two to three tenths.
Speaker 1: Snow, Scott, some ice. We got a bunch for you, buddy. Or are you in New York New Jersey area? I'm assuming I'm outside Washington.
Speaker 15: And tell you what, this year we've had We've seen more snow this year here than we have in many years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we don't need it down here, So I'll get some trust for all on your way, all right, all right, Scott car Bloomberg News. Appreciate it, my man. We'll talk tomorrow. Oh boy, yeah, he can, he can have all of that. All right. Some of you are not pleased with the process going on out there. Let me grab a quick call. Yes, Jeff, what's up? Hello, Hello, you're on the air, sir.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: I went to school in Pennsylvania.
Speaker 6: They do not put down fault.
Speaker 3: Because why it gets so cold.
Speaker 6: All they do is plow the roads and everybody gets long.
Speaker 4: Fine.
Speaker 6: Two inches of snow is nothing, but they turned it into ice. They knew it was gonna go blow thirty.
Speaker 3: That was so dumb they should win an award.
Speaker 1: You're selling Anton Dobson there for a moment. Yeah, well, look, it's handling right around. The freezing mark is tough. I lived in Minnesota, sir. And uh, you know, Wyoming, we don't salt the roads. We just literally we blade it and then we pack it down. You just drive on it.
Speaker 7: So Pennsylvania, Yeah, and.
Speaker 1: It's just like but it gets really when you re treat it and you're right around that freezing time, it gets a little tricky. And obviously North Carolina doesn't have the the.
Speaker 2: South catch a clue.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean they're but they're all always on the cusp there, so well stay home and drink fine, yes, sir, and you know, don't uh, don't risk it, That's what I would say.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'll just dream of a Viking's actual Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm trying to offload Chris Kloe because he's a moonbat on Ross, So I'll let you know how it goes. Okay, all right, thanks Jeff. Yeah, that punter when he was our punter. So I'm just bring this up because Chris Clue, the former Minnesota Vikings punter, apparently got himself arrested at a protest because he's all he's got TDS. I guess he was abysmal in the locker room too.