Speaker 1: It is Thursday. That means it's ticket out time. Some tech news to share with you, brought you by JRRS. Pick your ticket Thursday on our Instagram at one O one one w jr R a whole array of different jrr shows that you might be able to win tickets. To visit to our Instagram at some point today to be eligible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the top post up there at one oh one one wjr R. Bunch of good JARR shows coming. You could be at them and if they go, well, I'm not going to be the winner. Promotions picks multiple plee multiple people on Thursdays.
Speaker 1: On January first, the Online Protection for Minors or HB three Law goes into effect here in the state of Florida. This is the whole no miners under the age of whatever on social media and adults websites are going to be required to, you know, verify the age of its users. With that comes the news that Pornhub has made Florida the latest state that will be blacklist did and inaccessible as of January first. The bill, signed in March of this year, focuses on limiting children's access to social media platforms. It also requires pornographic or sexual explicit websites to use age verification to prevent minors from accessing sites that are inappropriate for children. To do this, this is where the porn hub part comes in. To do this, sites would have to use an official form of identification, something that porn Hub is not in favor of Ther's president for this. They've already done this in several other states that have similar laws. They say, rather than even jump through the hoops and worry about getting dinged for violating the law, they're just going to block access to anybody trying to access it from Florida. It doesn't matter what age you are, just on principle. Now, keep in mind those of you are tech savvy, know you go swerve right around this and use.
Speaker 2: A VPNVPM from so Okay, that's what I was thinking.
Speaker 1: I was like, that's the bottom line here.
Speaker 2: I was almost just opening a business in my head called porn hubcap which is open to all. Okay, but I'm not going to do it anymore VPN.
Speaker 1: In some other tech related Florida tech related news, a guy posing as a Volusha County official is arrested for scamming forty eight thousand dollars worth of Starlink kits from a vendor. Keith Mirard is a twenty six year old dude out of Miramar in South Florida. He was booked into Broward County Jail this week charging of an organized scheme to defraud in criminal use of personal identification. This according to the Vlusha County Sheriff's office. In October, a company that sells Starlink satellite kits became suspicious of a high end order from Vlusha County's purchasing director, which turned out to be a fake order. So what this guy is doing, He was posing as the director of purchasing for Valusha County making these setting up a delivery, say you know, and then pay for it later type they'll bill me, you know, ninety days out or whatever. And his stuff was being delivered to a warehouse or a storage place in South Florida. And they connected all the dots and this guy was taking the stuff and then trying to sell it off and convert the funds into crypto so he couldn't be traced.
Speaker 2: I saw chit would crack the hammer on this dude. Yeah, So his his little uh fraud parties over. Speaking of Starlink, told you about this a while back. T Mobile and Starlink teaming up to provide a service which we'll have blanket coverage when it comes to cell phone use here on planet Earth, utilizing these Starlink you know, network of satellites low over its satellites to fill in the blank spots where there's no cell phone or real poor cell phone service. Yeah, they've already now are accepting people who want to beta test program nicknamed Cell Towers in Space. Now, obviously, if you live and operate in an area where your cell service is perfectly fine, you're not going to need to sign up for this beta program. But if you live in an area where the cell phone service sucks, or you travel a lot to places where it's bad, and you're a T Mobile customer, you might want to look into being a beta tester for Cell Towers in Space. Yeah, I mean think about driving to the mountains or whatever. If you have you're going on a trip to the mountains as you did recently, you'll have you can hit your hotspot and still do your work or whatever all your wants driving.
Speaker 1: This will eventually do away with the traditional satellite phone that you see in the movies, you know, and they got to hold it up and find a signal out in the middle of the desert or something. The Supreme Court has said they will hear TikTok's appeal of you know, the dictate that that the US version of TikTok be divested and sold off to a non Chinese entity or face being you know, not offered here in the US anymore. The Supreme Court is going to take up the oral arguments on January tenth. Ironically, the head of TikTok in the US was able to get an audience with President elect Trump down at mar A Lago earlier this week, so you know, they're trying to come some sort of solution here over the mandate that TikTok divests themselves of their Chinese owners here in the United States. We'll see what the Supreme Court has to say on that. The Federal Trade Commission officially banning hidden junk fees from hotel and ticket prices good. The FTC has approved a new rule preventing hotels and ticket sellers from hiding extra fees associated with a purchase. Under the rule, businesses must provide upfront disclosure of the total price of a hotel, stay, vacation rental, or live event tickets before checkout. No more of this. Hey, you're whatever is forty five dollars and then you get to the checkout and it's all of a sudden balloon to you know, hundred and forty five dollars. We'll expect that, they say to be implemented early twenty twenty five. AI. Here you go, Taco Bob, your requested AI stories. AI poses a threat to the North American electricity grid. According to a watchdog group, North America's electricity grid faces critical reliability challenges as power generation fails to keep pace with the surging demand from artificial intelligence. Soaring electricity consumption in the next decade, coupled with the closure of coal fired plants, will place huge strains on both the US and Canadian grids. The shortfall could cause blackouts during peak demand periods in both countries and will be worsened by delays in adding solar generation capacity, batteries, and hybrid resources to the grid. We're just not ready for primetime yet with the strain that's going to be put on the electrical great as the translation.
Speaker 2: Here, yeah and blackouts are bad news. I mean, when you're in the dead of winter up north, you know, forty below and you have a blackout and no power.
Speaker 1: This is interesting most iPhone and Android phone users for that most part, if you have a newer, an updated iPhone or androids, you know that AI capabilities are now being packaged in. They asked iPhone and Android users, Hey, so how's it going utilizing the AI capabilities of your phone? Most like not using. Don't really see a difference, and don't really use it at this point, you know, not for nothing here. I think there's a lot of people who hear the term AI or artificial intelligence. Okay, I hear it's I'm not quite sure what it is, maybe kind of like mahole crypto coin type stuff. You know what it is, but you're not quite sure what you do with it or all the ins and outs of it, not yet anyway exactly.
Speaker 2: I mean, when you google something on your phone, AI generated thing takes care of it already, so you're kind of I've been using it even though I'm against using it.
Speaker 1: And finally there's this. America's political divide is likely to get even wider thanks to a new real estate platform that lets potential buyers see the political affiliations of their future neighbors. Oh god, so you're thinking of moving to wherever.
Speaker 2: Nope, there's a Republican next door.
Speaker 1: Right, I'm moving to No libby neighborhood with everybody.
Speaker 2: Seriously, just just deep rough, relax and remember it's the holiday time. Be nice to everybody, your neighbors especially.
Speaker 1: Let's have a nice holiday season. Retool, get ready for a new year, and hopefully, you know, we'll see some positive moves that will benefit everybody.
Speaker 2: You move into a house, you see them breaking into your neighbor's house.
Speaker 1: No, honey, don't call the cops.
Speaker 2: He's on the lib He's on Republic's on demand. Download the iHeartRadio app.