Speaker 1: Imagine you are sitting in like a super comfortable upholstered seat, just cruising along at thirty thousand feet.
Speaker 2: That's pretty ideal, honestly, right.
Speaker 1: It is a beautiful sunny afternoon over the Gulf of Mexico. You're looking out the window, just watching these serene blue waters pass by way down below. But then in the stand of maybe just a few heartbeats, the sky outside your window turns pitch black.
Speaker 2: And we're not just talking about a heavy rain cloud passing by.
Speaker 1: No, exactly. We're talking about with the absolute blackest sky you have ever seen, right in the middle of the day. And suddenly the plane is just getting violently tumbled around. It basically feels like you've hit a solid brick wall in midair.
Speaker 2: Which is terrifying in a commercial jet.
Speaker 1: Completely and the noise becomes deafening. It's this relentless machine gun pounding against the hull of this brand new Boeing seven thirty seven. And then complete silence. Oh, the cabin lights just go out. The comforting constant hum of the jet engines stops. Everything goes black. Up in the cockpit. You can just imagine the sheer panic of alarms blaring, but outside it's just the sound of wind and extremely heavy hail. Both engines have totally died.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, that is the ultimate nightmare scenario in commercial aviation. You've lost all thrust, you've lost all electrical power, and you were literally trapped inside a massive metal tube that's just falling out of the sky.
Speaker 1: Welcome to this deep dive today. Our mission is to unpack one of the most terrifying, miraculous, and honestly perplexing aviation mysteries and history. We're talking about the story of tak A Flight one ten.
Speaker 2: Such an incredible case, it.
Speaker 1: Really is, and we're going to explore not just how this flight crew managed to pull off the actual impossible to save everyone on board, but the stunning investigation that.
Speaker 2: Followed right because investigators had to figure out why a state of the art airliner suddenly became a forty three ton glider exactly.
Speaker 1: So, really put yourself in that cabin for a second. Feel that visceral terror of floating in the dark, falling toward the ocean, relying in entirely on the people up front to save you.
Speaker 2: You know, the true mechanical irony of this catastrophe is what makes it so fascinating to study. This wasn't a case of some old, decrepit airplane falling apart because of poor maintenance, right.
Speaker 1: I wasn't a rust bucket, not at all.
Speaker 2: This incident was caused by a highly specific engineering oversight on one of the most reliable engines ever built, an oversight that literally nobody in the entire world saw coming despite decades of rigorous testing.
Speaker 1: Well, before we get to the absolute chaos of the descent, let's set the stage a bit so you know exactly who is involved and you know what's at stake.
Speaker 2: Here sounds good.
Speaker 1: So the date is May twenty fourth, nineteen eighty eight, and we were talking about a Boeing seven thirty seven three hundred. This plane is incredibly new, like fresh off the factory floor new. It was delivered to Tacka Airlines, which is a smaller airline based in El Salvador, just two weeks prior to this.
Speaker 2: Flight, just two weeks. Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The flight instructor on board, Captain Arturo Soli, was actually joking earlier in the flight about the weather. He was like worried the hail was going to scratch their brand new million dollar paint job.
Speaker 2: I mean, taking delivery of a jetliner worth tens of millions of dollars is a monumental event for a smaller airline. They were immensely proud of this machine. It represented the absolute cutting edge of aerospace technology at the time.
Speaker 1: Totally. Now back in the cabin, you have thirty eight passengers, and one of them is a woman named Lee Burmeister. Her situation makes this rough flight infinitely worse.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, her story's so intense.
Speaker 1: It really is. She is desperately eager to get back to the United States. She had been staying in a small village in Costa Rica for about a month and while she was there, her appendix rupture.
Speaker 2: That's awful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so she had to undergo emergency surgery in this tiny rural village clinic. It was a harrowing ordeal. And now she's sitting on this plane flying home with a line of fresh surgical stitches running right up the middle of her stomach.
Speaker 2: So the absolute last thing she wants is any turbulence.
Speaker 1: Exactly all she wants is a safe, smooth, gentle ride.
Speaker 2: Smooth ride that is about to become a fight for her life. And you know, The person guiding that fight from the cockpit is Captain Carlos Dardano. His presence in that seat is honestly a story all on its own.
Speaker 1: Oh totally. Carlos Stardano is only twenty nine years old, and being a captain of a major commercial jet at twenty nine is already super impressive. But his backstory sounds like it was ripped straight out of an action movie.
Speaker 2: It really does. He's a third generation pilot, practically born with a yoke in his hands. But six years before this flight, in nineteen eighty two, El Salvadora was in the grip of a brutal civil war. Dardana was running a small aero taxi business flying these light aircraft, and while he was on the ground at a small grass runway just repairing his plane, a firefight breaks.
Speaker 1: Out out of nowhere.
Speaker 2: Out of nowhere, he gets caught in the crossfire and is shot directly in the face by guerrillas.
Speaker 1: The bullet went straight through his face, and yet somehow he didn't just collapse and give up.
Speaker 2: No, despite being terribly wounded and bleeding profusely, his immediate instinct was to protect passengers. He managed to get the plane into the air, staying incredibly low to the ground, weaving between the trees to avoid taking more anti aircraft fire.
Speaker 1: That is just insane.
Speaker 2: He flew like that for twenty minutes back to the main airport and successfully saved his passengers.
Speaker 1: Unbelievable. So he survived the ordeal, but the gunshot wound cost him his left eye, and for almost anyone else, losing an eye means the end of a flying career, right because depth's perception is entirely dependent on having binocular vision.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, Most people would never step foot in the cockpit again litt alone try to fly professionally. But Dodano just completely refused to give up his career.
Speaker 1: So what did he do.
Speaker 2: He learned to compensate for his impaired vision and lack of depth perception using other visual cues. He passed all the rigorous, unforgiving medical and flight tests required by aviation authorities and literally earned his way back to becoming a certicide commercial pilot for a major airline.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you have a twenty nine year old, one eyed civil war hero at the helm of the pristine brand new jet. They leave Belize, cruising smoothly. The weather is sunny, but then they hit the storm, and investigators later described the energy inside this particular weather system as being equivalent to an atomic bomb.
Speaker 2: Going on a massive, incredibly violent storm cell.
Speaker 1: Right, but wait, so, if this storm is packing the energy of a nuclear weapon, how on Earth does a state of the art radar system on a two week old jet completely miss it. I mean, they should have seen an angry red blob on their screens from fifty miles away.
Speaker 2: I'd think so. But the answer actually lies in the specific physics of how radar technology worked at the time. Airborne weather radar in the nineteen eighties typically operated in what is called the X band frequency.
Speaker 1: Okay, what does that mean in plain English?
Speaker 2: To understand this, think about shining a flashlight. If you shine a flashlight into a thick fog, the light hits the water droplets and bounces back at you, illuminating the fog. X band radar works basically the same way. Sends out a pulsive energy that is fantastic at bouncing off liquid water like heavy rain, and returning a strong signal to the top bit display.
Speaker 1: So the radar tells them exactly where the heaviest.
Speaker 2: Rain is, right it sees the rain perfectly. Yeah, but it does not see solid ice very well. And hail is solid ice.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, radar waves don't reflect off solid dry ice the way they do off liquid water. The waves tend to just scatter or pass right through it differently. So imagine a storm violently churning with massive baseball size hailstones, but with very little liquid water in that specific.
Speaker 1: Core, because all the water is frozen into hail exactly.
Speaker 2: Because there is no liquid to bounce the signal back, the radar only registers a super weak return. On the pilot's screen, this atomic bomb of a storm just showed up as a mild green or yellow patch suggesting light rain. The storm essentially wore a mask completely disguising as violent core.
Speaker 1: So they fly right into the mouth of the beast, thinking they are just passing through a light summer shower, and they hit a wall of turbulence. The noise of the hail pounding the fuselage is so loud the pilots can't even hear each other shouting.
Speaker 2: Just absolute chaos in there.
Speaker 1: And then, at about sixteen five hundred feet, dropping at a terrifying rate of fifteen hundred feet per minute. All the power cuts out, the engines swallow the hail and just die.
Speaker 2: The lights die, the passengers are plunged into absolute darkness.
Speaker 1: Yes, entirely surrounded by the deafening roar of ice hitting metal.
Speaker 2: And you have to remember, without power, the aircraft loses all communication with New Orleans air traffic Control. Their transponder stops broadcasting, meaning they literally vanish from the radar screens on.
Speaker 1: The ground, so nobody knows where they are or what's happening.
Speaker 2: Nope, up in the air, this multimillion dollar airliner has just become a heavy forty three ton glider. And you know, if you're wondering why they don't just turn the key to restart the engines. Jet engines do not work like car engines. You can't just crank them with a small battery.
Speaker 1: Right, So to restart a jet engine in mid air, you need the auxiliary power unit. It's basically a small jet engine located in the tail of the plane that acts as a backup generator exactly.
Speaker 2: The APU provides the immense electrical and pneumatic power needed to physically spin the massive turbofan engines. Fast enough so you can actually inject fuel and attempt to restart. But booting up the APU is not instantaneous.
Speaker 1: It takes thirty seconds, which doesn't sound like a long time until you think about it from the perspective of the people in that cockpit. You're sitting in the dark, in silence, falling out of the sky toward the Gulf of Mexico, just counting the seconds, ten thirty.
Speaker 2: Every second must have felt like an hour.
Speaker 1: Right. Finally the APU picks on. The cockpit instruments flicker back to life. They hit the ignition down at about five thousand feet. The left engine catches, then the right engine catches. You can hear the massive fans rubbing up. The passengers actually start cheering in the cabin.
Speaker 2: Oh, the relief must have been totally overwhelming. The pilot immediately get back on the radio and tel air draffic control. They have successfully restarted both engines.
Speaker 1: But then Captain Dardano looks closely at his instrument panels. He feels the yoke. He says, I don't feel any power. Why don't I feel any power?
Speaker 2: Because the engines are running, they're making noise, but they're producing zero.
Speaker 1: Thrust, and then the warning alarms starts screaming all over again. The exhaust gas temperature gauges are completely maxing out, just pinning the needles to the red line.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when he looked at those maxed out heat gauges, he realized they were caught in what aviation engineers call a hot start.
Speaker 1: A hot start? What is that?
Speaker 2: Exactly understand how terrifying a hot start is. We need to take a quick look at the anatomy of a jet engine. A jet engine essentially operates on four basic principles. Suck, squeeze, bang, and blow.
Speaker 1: Okay, suck, squeeze, bang, blow.
Speaker 2: Got it. The giant fan at the front sucks in air. The compressor section squeeze that air until it's highly pressurized. Then fuel is added in the combustion chamber where it ignites. That's the bang, and finally, that expanding burning gas shoots out the back, spinning a turbine on its way out. The blow, which is what actually produces the thrust.
Speaker 1: Okay, so think of it kind of like flooding a car engine when you pump the gas too much and it stalls out. But doing that in the sky has catastrophic consequences.
Speaker 2: Exactly when the engines flamed out in the storm, those massive fans at the front stop spinning properly. They were barely rotating, meaning they were no longer sucking in and squeezing enough air. So when the crew desperately hit the ignition to restart them, fuel flooded into the combustion chamber and ignited. But because there wasn't enough compressed air flowing through to push that massive fireball out the back, the intense fire just had nowhere to go.
Speaker 1: Oh man, so it just stays in there.
Speaker 2: It just sits there, migrating backward into the extremely delicate turbine section and literally begins melting the turbine blades from the inside out.
Speaker 1: So the engines are literally consuming themselves. They're melting their own vital components, and Captain Dardana realizes that if he lets this continue, the engines could catch fire, potentially burning right through the wing supports and destroying the entire aircraft, which.
Speaker 2: Leads him with an incredibly tough choice.
Speaker 1: Right so he is forced to make a gut wrenching decision. He reaches up and manually shuts down both engines for good. He purposely kills their only source of power.
Speaker 2: He turns his aircraft back into a dead stick glider, knowing full well they are now totally out of options for power. I mean it requires immense discipline to shut down an engine when you are already falling toward the ground.
Speaker 1: It really does. So we are now entering the final desperate phase of this flight. They are at three thousand feet, they are falling fast. New Orleans Lakefront Airport is eleven miles away. They just do not have the altitude to glide that far.
Speaker 2: No, not even close.
Speaker 1: Dardana gets back on the radio and tells the tower, I don't have any power in the engines. I guess we'll have to go down.
Speaker 2: And air traffic control is in an absolute panic, desperately scanning their maps for any stretch of concrete long enough to accommodate a Boeing seven thirty seven. They radio Dardano and tell him there's a straight stretch of Interstate Highway directly ahead of him at twelve o'clock, about seven miles out.
Speaker 1: But Dardana looks down through the weather and he knows that landing a commercial airliner on a freeway packed with cars is a recipe for absolute.
Speaker 2: Tragical it his aviation history.
Speaker 1: Eleven years prior, in nineteen seventy seven, a Southern Airways flight lost both of its engines in a massive thunderstorm and attempted to land on a rural highway in Georgia. It was a complete disaster.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that crash was horrific.
Speaker 1: The plane hit a gas station and a convenience store. Sixty three people died on the plane and nine people in cars on the ground were killed. Dardana refuses to repeat that history. He tells the tower no way.
Speaker 2: He makes the calculated, incredibly brave choice to aim away from populated areas. He informs a tower he's going to ditch the aircraft in a large canal.
Speaker 1: Back in the cabin, Liebermeister is watching the flight attendants. She sees their body language completely Lee change. She later described it as an unmistakable doomsday feeling.
Speaker 2: Oh wow.
Speaker 1: The crew yells for everyone to assume the crash position. Lee has to bend forward, pressing her chest toward her knees. She is absolutely terrified that the sheer force of a water landing is going to violently burst her fresh surgical stitches wide.
Speaker 2: Open and Meanwhile, the coastguard is immediately deployed. The control tower assumes the plane is going into the water, which is notoriously dangerous for airliners. I mean, water does not compress, and hitting it at one hundred and fifty miles per hour often tears airplanes to pieces.
Speaker 1: But then, at the very last second, First Officer Dionysio Lopez looks out the right window and spots something running parallel to the canal they are aiming for is a narrow grass levee. Lopez points it out and Dardana makes a split second decision. He says, that's where we're going to go in.
Speaker 2: But here's the massive problem with that plan. They're only at seven hundred feet. The ground is literally rushing up at them, the levee is off to their right, and they are moving way too fast.
Speaker 1: So how do they get there?
Speaker 2: To make this landing? Dardano has to execute a violent, dramatic maneuver known as a side slip.
Speaker 1: Okay, hang on a side slip. If you know anything about commercial aviation, A side slip and a forty three ton airliner so completely impossible. Isn't that a trick reserved for tiny stunt planes? Or small gliders.
Speaker 2: Yes, attempting a side slip in a commercial airliner borders on aerodynamic madness. To perform a side slip, the pilot deliberately crosses the flight controls. They press the rudder pedal hard in one direction to yaw the nose away from the flight path, while simultaneously turning the yoke in the opposite direction to roll the wings, so.
Speaker 1: He's basically sliding the massive plane sideways through the air exactly.
Speaker 2: This points the side of the airplane's fuselage directly into the oncoming wind. The massive side profile of a Boeing seven thirty seven acts like a giant air brake. It creates tremendous aerodynamic drag, allowing the plane to bleed off altitude extremely rapidly without picking up forward air speed.
Speaker 1: So to muscle a f forty three ton jet into a side slip, drop it precisely onto a narrow strip of grass, all while missing an eye, dodging a high concrete wall at the front of the levee, and knowing you have absolutely no engine thrust a throw into reverse to slow you down on the wet grass. I mean, it demands an almost superhuman level of piloting skill.
Speaker 2: It really does. It's legendary.
Speaker 1: He holds the slip until the last possible second, kicks the nose straight, and touches down. One wheel hits the grass, then the other. The automatic spoilers pop up on the wings to kill the remaining lift. The passengers brace for a horrific impact, but Lee Burmeister later described the touchdown as unbelievably smooth.
Speaker 2: That's incredible path.
Speaker 1: There wasn't even a heavy bump. The plane skids along the wet grass. The pilot's just standing on the wheel brakes and comes to a complete safe halt just before the end of the levee. Everyone is alive. Lee's surgical stitches are perfectly intact. It is nothing short of a miracle.
Speaker 2: It really is. Once the adrenaline wears off and the passengers evacuate down the emergency slides, the immediate crisis concludes. But you know, the arrival of the federal investigators signals the beginning of a massive, industry wide mystery.
Speaker 1: Totally, and the actual location of their landing adds a bizarre twist to the story. They managed to land on a grass levee that just happened to be located on the grounds of the NASA Micheaux Assembly Facility, which is the exact location where they manufacture the massive external fuel tanks for the Space Shuttle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, talk about a coincidence.
Speaker 1: So you have this pristine, multimillion dollar Boeing seven thirty seven sitting on NASA's front lawn like a parked car. But the problem is it's incredibly heavy and it's slowly starting to sink into the soft, muddy earth of the levee.
Speaker 2: Right, So the airline and the investigators had to figure out how to retrieve the aircraft. Disassembling a brand new jet would cause millions of dollars in damage. Putting it on a barge to float it away proved logistically impossible, So.
Speaker 1: They decign on the most outrageous solution imaginable. They are going to fly it off the grass.
Speaker 2: I love this part.
Speaker 1: Mechanics actually replaced the cooked right engine right there in the mud. They strip the plane of every single outs of excess weight, removing passenger seats, galley equipment, and dreading all but the absolute minimum amount of fuel needed.
Speaker 2: Just getting it as light as physically possible exactly.
Speaker 1: They bring in specialized Boeing test pilots and incredibly they spool up the engines, tear down this short three hundred and sixty five meter grass strip, and successfully take off, flying the plane the short distance to the airport in New Orleans. It is the wildest epilogue to a crash landing in aviation history.
Speaker 2: It is wild. But while the plane is saved, the investigators in the National Transportation Safety Board and the FAA are deeply troubled. The engines in that plane were the CFM fifty six model. These engines were renowned for their reliability.
Speaker 1: They were used everywhere, right everywhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they powered not just the Boeing seven thirty seven, but airbus airliners and military tanker planes around the globe. So flying through heavy rain and hail can cause a dual engine failure. Thousands of planes flying every single time, they are at immediate catastrophic risk.
Speaker 1: To solve this, investigators ship the damaged engines to the General Electric Testing Finality in Ohio. GE designed these engines and they have specialized rigs for testing them under extreme conditions. Right, the investigators recreate the FAA's stripped standard for water ingestion testing. They fire up the engine and blast it with high speed water from massive cannons, literally simulating flying through a torrential downpour.
Speaker 2: They spray unbelievable amounts of water directly into the roaring fan blades, and the engines perform flawlessly. They do not stutter, they do not lose RPMs.
Speaker 1: So the investigators are scratching their heads. They know the plane got battered by hail. I mean the dents on the nose of the plane prove it. So they calculate the massive volume of one inch hal the plane must have encountered in that specific.
Speaker 2: Storm cell, which is a huge amount of ice.
Speaker 1: Yes, they convert that solid ice volume into a liquid water equivalent, and they blast the engines again, flooding them with even more water than before. Fill the engines hum along perfectly.
Speaker 2: This is where the frustration really sets in for an AXIT investigator. According to the strict FAA rulebook and all their scientific models, this dual engine failure should be impossible. The engine was designed to swallow a virtual monsoon without choking, right, So if the test prove the design works, what crucial variable are they missing?
Speaker 1: Well, Their investigators use a borescope, which is a long flexible camera on a wire to look deep inside the engine components. They are looking for physical damage from the ice. Did a hailstone crack a compressor blade? Did ice smash a sensor? But they find absolutely nothing, nothing at all. The compressor blades are pristine. The only damage is the melted turbine blades at the back, which they already know was caused by the hot start after the initial failure. So what the heck caused the flames to go out in the first place.
Speaker 2: The big breakthrough, that sort of aha moment, comes when they analyze the data from the flight data recorder, the black box. The investigators look at the exact operational parameters at the airplane in the minutes just before they entered the.
Speaker 1: Store, and what do they find?
Speaker 2: They noticed something vital. Air Traffic control had just cleared TACA one to ten to descend from their cruising altitude down to four thousand feet.
Speaker 1: Okay, and when a plane is cleared to descend, the pilot doesn't just point the nose down. The auto throttle automatically pulls back the power to slow the plane down as it drops. The flight data shows that just as they hit the storm, the engines were throttled down to roughly thirty five percent.
Speaker 2: Power, you were essentially running at idle speed right.
Speaker 1: So, armed with this new variable, the investigators go back to the ge test facility in Ohio. They run the massive water and hail ingestion test one more time, but this time, instead of running the engine at full cruising power, they dial the engine speed all the way down to thirty five percent. Yep, they turn on the water cannons and.
Speaker 2: The engines fail almost immediately. The flame is snuffed out and the engine just dies.
Speaker 1: It's a stunning revelation. But if you are not an aerospace engineer, you might be wondering why the speed of the engine matters so much. Why does a slow engine die when a fast engine survives the exact same amount of water.
Speaker 2: It comes down to the physics of centrifugal force. At high speeds, like during takeoff or normal cruising, the giant fan blades at the front of the engine are spinning incredibly fast. Ok So when heavy rain or hail hits those fast moving blades, centrifugal force acts like a centrifuge. It physically flings the heavy water and ice outward away from the delicate hot core in the center of the engine. The ice gets thrown into the bypass duct, which is the outer ring of the engine, where it just flows harmlessly out the back.
Speaker 1: Okay, that makes sense, But at low speeds, like during a descent, when the engines are idling at thirty five percent, those fan blades are spinning much much.
Speaker 2: Slower exactly, and slower blades mean significantly less centrifical force. The hailstones, carrying massive velocity and momentum from the storm were not flung outward. Instead, they were able to slip right through the physical gaps between the slower moving fan blades. Yeah, they hail bypassed the outer duck entirely and dumped straight into the blazing hot core the engine. Once inside the compressor, that massive volume hiz instantly melted into an overwhelming flood of water, completely drowning the combustion chamber and snuffing out the fire.
Speaker 1: It was basically an issue of terrible catastrophic timing. The storm caught them at the exact moment their armor was down. They were most vulnerable because they were doing exactly what they were supposed to be doing descending.
Speaker 2: Once the investigators understood this specific mechanism. The fix was remarkably straightforward. Aviation safety is highly collaborative. When a flaw is found, the industry moves quickly.
Speaker 1: Did they have to completely redesign the engine?
Speaker 2: No, they didn't have to completely redesign the entire engine. Instead, engineers slightly reshaped the engine nose cones the spinner at the very front, and tweaked the spacing and angle of the fan blades to ensure they deflected hail outward into the bypass duct even at low idle speeds.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's smart.
Speaker 2: And they also added X bleed doors to the engine corps, which acted like drains to expel excess water much faster if it did somehow manage to get inside, and.
Speaker 1: The solution worked flawlessly. Within a year, every Boeing seven thirty seven three hundred in the world was retrofitted with these mechanical upgrades. Because of this investigation, that exact engine failure scenario has never happened again.
Speaker 2: As for the human legacy of this flight, Captain Carlos Stardano was rightfully celebrated as an absolute hero. He saved forty five lives that day, executing a maneuver with one eye that most pilots would struggle to perform in a computerized simulator totally. His legacy lives on in his family today. Both his son and daughter have actually followed it in his footsteps and fly as commercial pilots themselves.
Speaker 1: That is so cool, and Lee Burmeister made at home. She survived an unpowered ditching in a commercial airliner, sliding sideways onto a muddy levee without popping a single stitch in her stomach.
Speaker 2: The story of TACA one to ten stands as an incredible testament to two things, the sheer resilience and skill of human beings under unimaginable pressure, and the rigorous, unyielding nature of modern accident investigation. They refuse to stop testing until they found the truth.
Speaker 1: It really is a masterclass and problem solving. You know, looking back at all the technical details and the sheer terror of this flight, there's a lingering thought I cannot quite shake. What's that When we face a crisis, or when we see turbulence ahead, we always assume that slowing down, throttling back and descending is the safest course of action. You pull back the power to get closer to the ground, to find.
Speaker 2: Safety, right it's instinctual.
Speaker 1: But in this case, the very act of reducing power, the standard universally accepted, perfectly safe procedure for descent, was exactly the thing that made the plane vulnerable to the ice. It is the action that almost brought them down.
Speaker 2: That's a fascinating point.
Speaker 1: It leaves you wondering, you know, in your own life, how often do the standard quote unquote safe procedures you rely on every day actually blind you to the unique, invisible storms you're flying right into.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sometimes the mask of storm wears isn't just a technological glitch on a radar screen. Sometimes the true danger is hidden right in the false comfort of our own routine.
Speaker 1: Keep your eyes open out there. We will see you on the next deep dive.