Speaker 1: Let's do it.
Speaker 2: Come on, come on now.
Speaker 1: Good morning.
Speaker 3: This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen, yeahs, rocket right, oh.
Speaker 1: Cherry, wakey, wakey, hands off, Snaky rod Ryan show check it in. Free Beer Friday. Thank you Specs for the beers. We got case of beer for you straight up at six, seven, eight nine, four time Hall of Famer Colin going for wind number four in the fresh out of bed head to head Challenge. We'll get to that at around six twenty. Jelly Roll my man Chaboozi playing on Sunday Toyota Center. I've got a pair of tickets for you, our last pair of tickets before we send you off to the weekend. We'll get to those on the fun fact flashback my Chemical Romance tickets seven to twenty. They go on sale today at ten o'clock. We'll get you into seven twenty, and then the fall guitarvest continues. We'll have another awesome autographed guitar blown out. We'll spin the wheel. We'll start working on that at around eight twenty. I think we got our format down how we're doing this now, so nine o'clock hour is wild. The most important thing is we giveaway beer at the top. I do have to sneak in a concert announcement and then we'll do alternative income. Will leave you with Saint Vincent tickets on Know the Show. So the nine o'clock hour is gonna be wicked busy. My weather there it is. It's kind of a chili out there right now. Might be in the fifties, ten percent chance of rain sunny, Hi today, I'm around seventy six. Yes, Saturday, Hi e eighty one, partly Claudis Guy's low chances of rain, and then Sunday the rain chances go up. Good morning, Tessa. What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 4: Heyom, morning Rod, Good morning a home room.
Speaker 5: President elect Donald Trump announced more nominations yesterday for a cabinet position in his upcoming administration, and it looks like on according to his True Social site, that he is nominating Robert F. Kennedy to head the Department of Health and Human Services. Democrats condemned this election immediately after it was announced, with some Republicans publicly approved of the choice.
Speaker 4: Also, Elon Musk.
Speaker 5: Says he expects to make lots of enemies in his position in the Trump administration. Musk and former Republican president candidate Aramaswami will head up the new Department of Government Efficiency. Musk says he'll receive no compensation for his work here in Houston. The Public Utility Commission of Texas is giving the.
Speaker 4: Green light to audit Center Point Energy.
Speaker 5: The utility is accused of overcharging customers one hundred million dollars every year. The state agency on Thursday approved a third a third party audit of Centerpoint. In addition to the claims of overcharge customers, Lieutenant Governor Dan Patrick have criticized Centerpoint for spending eight hundred million dollars to at least twenty huge mobile generators, fifteen of which have never been used. The audit report is expected to be done by April. It's mid November. Have the holidays arrived yet? Your answer might depend on which radio station you listen to.
Speaker 1: This Boobley, Yes special for you? It is Booble al right, go ahead.
Speaker 5: Someone asks two thousand people to name the top signs the holidays have officially started, and the number one answer was hearing Christmas music on the radio. Festive music on the radio is number one. Twenty percent of the vote. Now listen Rod, this is a note from you to our listeners. You don't mind them switching to the sunny to the sister station Sunday nine nine point one for Christmas music when they want that fix Idelli, but not between six and ten. Am, Yes, do not leave us. Just to clarify that as as it's fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't care.
Speaker 4: All right, let's talk about Thanksgiving.
Speaker 5: It's less than two weeks away, and we've got a list of Thanksgiving movies about dysfunctional families that'll make you feel better about spending time with yours. Number one Adam's Family Values. This is probably my favorite Thanksgiving movie. Number two is just called Thanksgiving and it came out last year. I haven't seen it, but apparently it'll make you feel better about your family.
Speaker 4: Number three is The Humans. Number four is Hope for the Holidays.
Speaker 5: Number five is Planes, Trains and Automobiles, still a classic. Ryan Reynolds shared a deleted scene from the Deadpool and Wolverine movie to Instagram featuring Nickelback.
Speaker 4: This song never Going to Be Alone.
Speaker 6: Ryan Reynolds loves him some Nickelback.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: He calls them one of the greatest bands on ear. If you can go check out the clip the deleted scene on the music blog page.
Speaker 4: Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 7: Taking Alex on Thursday Night football. The Eagles got by the twenty six to eighteen. The Texans are not gonna play until Monday night, so you can enjoy a stress free Sunday if you're a Texans fan. In college football, we got some notable games on the schedule for this weekend. Tonight, U of H is gonna take on Arizona. That'll kick off at nine to fifteen. You can watch it on FS one. Tomorrow, UT is gonna play Arkansas at eleven. The biggest game of the weekend is probably number seven Tennessee at twelve th ranthst Georgia and fifteenth ranths A and M is gonna host New Mexico State tomorrow night at six forty five. You can watch that on SEC Network. And basketball Rockets are back in action tonight. They're gonna host the Clippers at the Toyota Center, trying to extend their three game winning streak.
Speaker 4: Tip Off is at seven.
Speaker 7: You can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. And we got a couple of big fights this weekend. Tonight, Mike Tyson is gonna box Jake Paul. Jake Paul is the favorite right now two to one basically in that and uh, that's gonna start at eight. You can watch it on Netflix, UFC two or three oh nine is tomorrow night. John Jones and step A mio Chitch are gonna face each other for the heavyweight title. Main card for that starts at eight. You can watch it on ESPN Class pay per view.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports. I'm oddly super excited about that fight tonight. I really want to see it. Yeah, it's like I think it's musty TV tonight.
Speaker 4: I don't think it's must see.
Speaker 1: I think a lot of people are curious about I know I'm going to be let down, but I'm there for it. But I'm ready for it. I'm there for it. I'm there for the freak show. I will go into it with that expectation.
Speaker 4: Be fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's going to be crazy. It's like, it's not going to be crazy. It's a circus, that's all it is. But I want to see it. You know, Tyson slapping him yesterday. You know they know how to sell. They know how to sell a fight. Yeah, so again all of it. It's the lines are so blurred between this and w W E, and that's what they're banking on. Their banking on you just being like it's going to be just like that. It's just like that but real. But is it real? No, it's not the thing they have the air of like it might be real, because of course they did probably one hundred percent, one hundred and fifty percent that was played.
Speaker 4: I think Mike Tyson gently slaps anybody.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was a real slap, but Jake paul knew.
Speaker 8: It was covering.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, he had his little you're protecting right.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go. We can talk about the fight a little bit today. We got a lot of ground to cover in the next four hours. Guys, you want that first case of beer, come get it. The most interactive show on the radio starts right now. Come on, come on, let's.
Speaker 9: Do Itam fridayre Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday, Right Bam Friday, and damn Friday, Free Man Friday.
Speaker 6: Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, let me try this.
Speaker 1: Oh there we go, click on the thing.
Speaker 6: Rod Hey morning, Marian Hi, who's this?
Speaker 8: How's it going, Ruben? I have called for years, coming, years and years.
Speaker 1: Third, don't start out with last week.
Speaker 8: Last week I was number four caller.
Speaker 1: You've been trying for Okay, when you say you've been calling for years, give me what's what's years? Is it?
Speaker 4: Is it three years?
Speaker 1: At least three years?
Speaker 8: Three years on every Friday?
Speaker 1: It's a long time. It's a long time. You've never won free beer Friday before ever trying for three years? You tried to. When you're you try to when other things that you just you focused your laser focused on the beer. You try to win it some other Friday.
Speaker 8: And I got through one time back in like April for first caller of the day.
Speaker 1: Ruben, you got the first caller today, but the first caller is the tenth caller. You got the beer. Nh awesome, you got the beer. Dude. Man, I appreciate you trying for that long to win the beers. That's awesome. Way to hang in there, dude.
Speaker 8: Long time listener too.
Speaker 1: Man, Thank you, thank you. Reuben. Where are you from?
Speaker 8: Also humble?
Speaker 6: And what are you doing up so early? You're going to work?
Speaker 8: Driving to Galveston to go to work.
Speaker 1: What do you do.
Speaker 8: Build highways?
Speaker 1: You're driving from Humble to Galveston, Yes, sir, see, the ride there has got to be. The ride there, I'm guessing is about forty five minutes minutes.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's pretty smooth, comes about two hours.
Speaker 1: That was my question, that that ride home has got to be killer.
Speaker 6: How long is the job down in Galveston?
Speaker 1: Last?
Speaker 8: We got a couple more months out here and then on to the next one.
Speaker 6: Oooh, bro, that two hour drive home, I can't even imagine.
Speaker 1: All right, listen, bro, you'll get the my girlfriend lives with clearly.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, stop off for a little leg before you get home.
Speaker 1: Thank you. I did with some beer, yeah, dude, definitely, yeah. Just bring the beer, all right, Ruben, congratulations, dude, enjoy your bears. Have a great weekend. Okayme man, love you love. You mean it when I say it, Ruben. Be careful out there on the road. It'll be busy today, guys. And to bring down my glasses. Fifty two degrees outside right now? Fair, you got your You're wearing like a wooly mammoth hoodie over here.
Speaker 4: I have a hoody and then I have a flannel on underneath.
Speaker 5: That yeah, and then I busted out the uggs like dude, like I'm worn oggs always. Is it snowing or it's just cool outside?
Speaker 1: It's total Yeah, it's in the fifties. It's pretty awesome out there right now. Today, HI have seventy six sunny skies, ten percent chance of rain. Saturday partly cloudy eighty one low chances of rain. Good.
Speaker 6: I'm trying to get out to the Renaissance.
Speaker 1: Festival this weekend.
Speaker 4: So are you okay? You're thinking about it?
Speaker 1: So Saturday is my day. I've already talked to the kid. She's into it. She wants the certain things. She wants to throw tomatoes at the guy. She wants to try to dunk the girl. There's a there's another one where there's a gal sitting on a dunk tank and then she says mean funny things and uh, they let they let the kids get a little closer and you throw like these beanbags that have no weight behind it.
Speaker 4: I love London and all her activity.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I know she wants to hit the certain things.
Speaker 5: You know, it's Barbarian invasion weekend. Are you gonna dress like a barbarian or are you gonna dress up.
Speaker 6: What are you gonna do?
Speaker 1: I don't Yeah, I don't play like that. I just go to watch.
Speaker 4: I like to look, Come on, you like to look. But you can go as a hot dog and they'd welcome you here.
Speaker 1: You know, I have a ton of costumes. I don't have anything barbarian in my closet.
Speaker 5: Seed some eyeliner. You need some black like eyeshadow.
Speaker 1: I know, but that is that barbarian?
Speaker 5: Am I You just like put that on your eyes and drag it down and then you could.
Speaker 1: Wear like I feel like I need like a shoulder tone in the barberary. I need conan barbarian.
Speaker 4: Where's some of your Harley stuff? Do you have any like Harley like chips?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Like a leathery that's gay biker weekend.
Speaker 6: You're getting confused, Oh dude, you're getting.
Speaker 5: Confused that you think these aren't as closely related as they are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know, you're either all. I don't think you half asked a barbarian outfit. You either have it or you don't. You don't kind of you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can shop.
Speaker 5: They'd love if you shopped there. Maybe you walk out, Maybe you walk and then you walk out like a barbarian supports the local economy.
Speaker 1: My sister's favorite store. When I take local, I've taken her. I think it is Crazy Carl's House of Swords still there.
Speaker 4: I bet it is.
Speaker 1: That was Sue's favorite thing. She's like, oh my god, Crazy carls we gotta go. Yeah, like it's Crazy Carl's rod. We got to go look at sword, sucker.
Speaker 7: If you put me in a sword store, I don't have any need for a sword, but like just being a dude sword, yeah, I'm not going to need ever.
Speaker 4: You're the king of impulse buys to You're like, well.
Speaker 1: Because of that reason, I whatever Crazy Carl is selling, I want Crazy Carl. Like that guy has the best stuff. If there's a store, if there's a store with Crazy Carl, I want in on it. I want in all the wares. All right, So I I already talked about that. I'm really excited about this boxing match tonight. I get that it's just a freak show, but I am excited. So I want to talk about that a little bit today. You drop a bag on him, Jacaul, Oh, you want to get into.
Speaker 7: You want to both throw it out A bunch of money and then just you super rich.
Speaker 1: I don't know, dude, I don't know, because I just don't know how I know it's fake. I just I just don't know how fake it is. Are they just gonna throw marshmallows at each other? I don't know. Maybe Colin's going for win number four, fresh out of Bad head to Head. You think he's gonna win, You're putting down some coin on that. Colin Chili put Poppa Roach Rise against tickets to the winner today, Fresh out of Bed Head to Head. That's like a Hall of Fame prize. Yeah, jellyroll tickets are coming in home room, guys, we're gonna be busy. The Fall guitarist drops at eight twenty today. I'm already up against the break. When we come back, got a rec check for you. We'll find out what's trending, and then we'll get set up for the Fresh out of Bed. He's for our Houston's alternative.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and Helm at The rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four five.
Speaker 1: The Buzz ninety four or five of the Buzz, Welcome back rod Ryan Show on this free beer Friday. One case down, We'll get to the next one straight up at seven o'clock, but starting to get things set up here for the fresh out of bed head to head. Pretty big game on tap here today. Ten percent chance of rain, sunny, high seventy six. It's in the fifties right now. Yes, you shouldn't have to worry about any rain for Saturday. Low chances of rain, partly cloudy, high of eighty one. Then you got a chance of some thunderstorms coming on Sundays. All right, let's go. What's trending.
Speaker 4: It was all over my timeline yesterday.
Speaker 5: Del Chingabana did a collaboration with Skims and it was very like Sophia Loren I guess influence. So that's a big trend going on. I'm pretty sure you have that on the Looking at Girls blog page.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean, if Courtney Kardashian is going to run around with her sister Kim and their panties, I'm gonna put it on Looking at Girls.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 5: Also, the Onion buys Alex Jones is Info Wars out of bankruptcy. So the Onion is a parody website and they were like, okay, we are gonna take all the assets. So the Onion has won the bid for the Info wars website, and I believe the families of the eight victims of the school shooting where Alex Jones, you know, had that big judgment against his favor I believe they're backing the onion. Like what, I think some of this money whatever they raise as far as assets, is going to go to the Cause for Concern For the.
Speaker 7: Money from all of the stuff auctioned off is that's where that's going.
Speaker 5: Okay, So that's why they're backing it. That's why they're in on the sale. Also, influencer Dave Fortnoy, also owner and CEO of Barshol Sports, announced he's leaving his bff's podcast, Ask the One with Bray Brianna, Chicka Fry and Zach Bryan. He says, you know, it's kind of always been the thing. He's like these I'm getting older, Like all the teenage dramas out of my wheelhouse now.
Speaker 4: So that's what's trending. On ninety four five The Buzz, Good.
Speaker 12: Morning, y'all, this is Colin. You are fresh out of bed. Head to head three day Champion. Two questions to answers, quit game, No big deal, guys, I'm just sitting in my stride I'm hoping I get.
Speaker 8: A challenge tomorrow.
Speaker 12: I want y'all to bring it, so join me on Friday as I make it win Number four bitches.
Speaker 6: Seven three, two, one two, five, nine four five.
Speaker 1: If you think you can beat him, it's Ron Ryan's Free beer Fridays. But you gotta get me one be on ninety four five The Buzz, ninety four five, The bus Breaking Benjamin Red Cold River Rod Ryan Show on a free beer Friday. Thanks for joining us in homeroom six twenty eight in the fifties. Outside right now, it's glorious. Wish there was a window in here?
Speaker 4: Yeah, me too?
Speaker 1: How great would a window be?
Speaker 4: Nice?
Speaker 1: Open it up? I see fresh air. Let me get rid of all this filthy filth inside cabin. Sun these guys today, high of seventy six, partly cloudy, low chances of rain Tomorrow, still we'll see highs of around eighty one, then the chances of some thunderstorms on Sunday. Let's play a game.
Speaker 13: And now each time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge, Listeners to your corners.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, gonna need some music coming up. First up, it's Colin Though, Good morning.
Speaker 14: Morning, Rod.
Speaker 1: How are you doing awesome? Awesome? Are you outside? I'm so jealous. I'm so jealous if anybody's outside right now.
Speaker 12: I mean I'm in my car, which is outside.
Speaker 14: And not been turned off window.
Speaker 12: It's like still fifty degrees in here.
Speaker 4: So that's nice, so great, So jealous.
Speaker 1: Do you normally play while you're sitting in the car? Are you doing anything different than you normally do it? This time?
Speaker 8: This is like my I'm actually headed to the airport right after this.
Speaker 1: Okay, so like I could be playing.
Speaker 12: In my house, but my car is like my my zone.
Speaker 1: Okay. He feels like he's in a good spot. We better be, huh, yeah, because double oh seven. Sean Connery, Sean, Hey, good morning, everybody, Good morning. Where have you been? You played this year a couple of times?
Speaker 3: I feel Yeah, I lost the day after Marilyn Manson was down.
Speaker 1: On day four, you were titled were you at Marilyn Manson the night before?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 1: He was great. Yeah. Well you've been in the Hall of Fame? How many times?
Speaker 8: Two times to the final game last year?
Speaker 1: Two time Hall of Fame or final game last year? Collins a four time Hall of Famer. He's going for win number four. Have you been listening to Collins run? He's he said he was hitting the stride right now.
Speaker 8: I missed yesterday, but I've heard the first two games.
Speaker 1: Okay, Colin?
Speaker 8: Good luck Colin?
Speaker 12: Ok yeah, good luck Sean.
Speaker 1: He's got a scouting report? What are they playing for?
Speaker 4: I have a pair of tickets see pop Roach Rise of Kents.
Speaker 1: Okay, pretty good ticket. Let's think it's one on sale yesterday at ten o'clock. Guys, shout out your name when you think you know the answer, Sean and Colin. Question number one, what celebrity did machine gun Kelly in pregnant? Sean?
Speaker 14: Megan? Why am I drawing a lot?
Speaker 1: Who was that?
Speaker 8: Sewn?
Speaker 1: Sean Colin? What celebrity did machine and Kelly impregnant? It is Megan Fox? Oh man, I've never heard Sean Connery do that before.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I actually remembered it and said it there as soon as the buzzer went on.
Speaker 1: All right, bro, Colin, Colin's on the board. Question number two, what green paste? Colin? Colin? For the win?
Speaker 14: Three?
Speaker 2: Walk them only?
Speaker 1: Two? Wow? This this is a crazy game here, Colin, What green paste is served with sushi? Oh?
Speaker 14: Sabby?
Speaker 1: What Sabby?
Speaker 4: I almost said with sabi only other green paste?
Speaker 8: Really one of the.
Speaker 1: Two that was shown by the Oh okay Sean, yeah, Sean and one right, I'll tie up. Sean Connery has one, Colin has one. They both stole the question from the other. What a game.
Speaker 16: For the win?
Speaker 6: Colin and Sean?
Speaker 1: What type of beachy traps are on golf courses? Sean Connery sandraz.
Speaker 4: Winner, Alex neats his brackets. Guys, that was a.
Speaker 6: Really good game, though, Colin, you're not going to agree with me.
Speaker 1: That was a really really good game. Two great champions going head to ahead. They're fresh out of their beds, just like they're just like the name, says Colin. We got to say goodbye to you. Sean Connery. Does he even have time?
Speaker 4: I'm looking at that right now.
Speaker 7: Okay, I'm prenching out a bunch of things right now to do math.
Speaker 4: And I don't like it.
Speaker 1: So you messed everything up, Sean Connery. You messed up this man's life. You know that, right? I love it. I love it. So the big question is, and we'll have to we'll have to get back with you. Can you win Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and still get into the Tournament of Champions. I don't know. They gotta they gotta do math and everything. All I know is you won some tickets to Papa Roach and Rise Against he's leaving. There's they gotta great. They gotta go work on this now. Okay, we're calling Elon Musk to help. Sean. Can you play on Monday? Oh yeah, all right, perfect, hang on for me. Twenty years of Mayhem in the morning. Let's run Ryan Show only by the buzz. I have not seen Alex run a rock like this in three weekst Colin. I remember what happened three weeks ago, but he was running. He's been running. Okay, Good morning everybody, Rod Ryan Show. Free Beer Friday, Another case of beer coming your way at seven o'clock, Jelly Roll Chaboozi Sunday, Toyota Center. I got tickets coming up for you. On the flashback. We got sunny Skys, ten percent chance of rain, high of seventy six, and a new champion is what's got the boy running.
Speaker 13: The fresh out of bed head to head challenge. Here's your current champion.
Speaker 14: Good morning everybody.
Speaker 17: It's two time Hall of Famer Double O seven Sean Connory. Now you're fresh out of bed head to head one day champion. You're getting calling out of here and fing up those brackets. Yeah, will I be in the Tournament of Champions? Who knows?
Speaker 8: But I will play on Monday and make it win number two bitches.
Speaker 6: We might as well talk about a few things here.
Speaker 1: The last broadcast for the Rod Ryan Show in twenty twenty four is going to be Friday, December twentieth, correct, Okay, so that would be traditionally that's always the last day we crown the winner of the fresh out of bed head to head Tournament of Champions. So now you got to go back pedal r and you got to figure out, okay, we have this many days, nobody can call it sick. We got to do those days. So we you backpedal. Sean Connery's got one win. Does he have a chance to win four days next week and still make it in the tournament? All right?
Speaker 7: So Sean Connery still has a chance to get in.
Speaker 1: Wow, And then you could get your wish of a sixteen person.
Speaker 4: Brack perfect bright.
Speaker 7: And then also if somebody beats Sean Connery Monday and wins the rest of the week, they would also have a chance. So Sean and whoever he plays Monday are the only two people for the rest of the year.
Speaker 1: They could potentially.
Speaker 4: Say those lines are going to be blowing us.
Speaker 2: So they are.
Speaker 7: If Sean or the other person were to win out next week, then we would start Monday, December. Second, if Sean and the other person he plays next week do not win out, and we only have fifteen, and we will start Tuesday, December third will be at the beginning of the Tournament of Champions.
Speaker 1: Wow. That's crazy, wow, because then because Thanksgiving break, we're off.
Speaker 7: So then we would come right back with Wow, that week we come back is going to be the Tournament of Champions.
Speaker 1: Stipe. Okay, guys, Sean Connery's got a chance, you still have a chance if you can beat Seawn on Monday. It's the fuck that to the day. Let's go, we make you look smart and funny. Here, buddies, it's the funk that to the day. Hell'd you help him out with those brackets? I just David the little peak give a little glances. Yeah, okay, is he right? Is he nobody talking about for the most part? Okay, all right, let's go. Here's some fun facts for you. And then I know you guys want to get right to the flashback, the time machine and back to the future. Everybody knows it was a Dolorean, correct, Robert Zemechis, They didn't. That wasn't written into the original script. The machine to go back in time was written in as a refrigerator. But then they got on Robert Zemeckis. They said, listen, this is a movie geared towards kids. It's gonna lead to kids locking themselves in refrigerators. So they changed it to a DeLorean. That's pretty wild. That's a major leap, going from a refrigerator to a Deloreum. Batman's obsession with bats is due to something called a psychological response to fear and anxiety. It's called counter phobic attitude.
Speaker 16: That is fun.
Speaker 4: They showed us in The Dark Night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, Batman's been written as having a childhood fear of bats. Since, like, I don't know, Batman's been written for a long time.
Speaker 4: Liam Neeson made him face his fear.
Speaker 1: So it involves a person actively seeking out the sources of the things that frighten them in the hopes of overcoming their fears and becoming stronger. Counter phobic attitude, dude. I kind of feel like I watched a few Morty COVID shows where people were afraid of spiders and they brought out a spider and the people lost their minds.
Speaker 4: I feel like I do.
Speaker 5: This with heights, like I'm not afraid of heights. I'm not afraid heights, And then I get up there and I'm like, you're totally afraid of heights.
Speaker 4: Stop doing this.
Speaker 1: You need a more of a You need to change your attitude. You need a counter phobic attitude. Finally, final words. Karl Mark's last words. We're quote. Last words are for fools who haven't said enough.
Speaker 4: Oh that's amazing.
Speaker 1: It's a great way to end today. It's the fuck.
Speaker 4: That's the day we make you look smart, everybody.
Speaker 1: That's the day. I think this is a really big ticket. I thought about shaping the question different ways, and I'm gonna make you really recall yesterday's fun fact flashback. Tell everybody what I think is a really big ticket here.
Speaker 5: Uh jelly Roll, jelly Roll and the beautifully Broken toy I think it's maybe the biggest ticket. Sunday, November seventeenth to Toyota Center. Tickets on Song Out Toyota Center dot Com.
Speaker 6: Chaboozy, Chaboozy's on the bill.
Speaker 1: Come on, yeah, that's for you. Number one song in the country. It's not just for me. It's the number one song in the country eighteen weeks.
Speaker 4: Now, just to get it jelly roll, all right.
Speaker 1: So New York City has a larger population than this. Many states. You need to know the number seven one three two one two five nine four five. It's now time for rockout with your stock out with Captain Cash. You like Chaboozi?
Speaker 14: How I'm counting states?
Speaker 1: Oh, you're county states right now? Okay, I'm up to I'm up to three. How did we do on Wall Street? Yesterday? I gave a little back that die.
Speaker 14: I was down two hundred and seven points.
Speaker 18: Kick off this morning at forty three thousand seven to fifty nastac down one hundred and twenty three to nineteen thousand, one hundred and seven. Benchmarten Your treasures trading at a four point four to three percent in oil stands at sixty nine dollars fifty two cents a barrel to the most actives the big studs, whilet Disney, Chevron, and Apple the big duds Salesforce, Cisco, and United Health on the economic calendar. This morning's pretty credible. We'll get retail sales also industrial production for October right now. Futures not looking good during the downside. Come on, let's turn this baby around. That's it I met here. This is hadline Manature director with Rymany James reported for The Rod Ryan Show from Ramony James on Sam, Philip and Augusta and don't forget toys, rock out with your stockout.
Speaker 11: Opinion's expressed are those of Aland and not necessarily those of Raymon James and associates. Income Ever, NYC, AS, IBC, I ART Radio or at sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmission.
Speaker 16: We'll continue.
Speaker 11: This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buyer sell. Any security referred to areand this programs are educational and informational services on the The studs and duds are based on movement as reported.
Speaker 1: By Young Finance ninety four or five. The Buzz Welcome back, Rod Ryan Show. Let's get right into it. RP, good morning, Good morning there, I would doing great new York City has a larger population than this many states. I need the number. Would it be thirty eight?
Speaker 3: It is?
Speaker 1: It is thirty eight. Yeah, dude, let's go. I hope you don't have plans on Sunday night, because we're gonna make plans for you. Tessa, hook them up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, dude, jellyroll tickets.
Speaker 5: A beautifully broken toy is going down at Toyota Center the Sunday.
Speaker 4: The tickets are yours.
Speaker 3: Congrats, come all, appreciate, appreciated, All right, my brother, have a great time at that show.
Speaker 1: Hang on for me. Okay, sorry to make it so short and sweet, but we gotta move. Sunny Skuys today temper sent chance of rain Hi seventy six. Tessa has Houston's headlines.
Speaker 5: There could be a Kennedy in the Trump administration. President elect Trump announced yesterday that he's nominated Robert nominating Robert F. Kennedy Junior to lead the Department of Health and Human Services. RFK Junior endorse Trump not long after suspending his own presidential campaign, which you begin as a Democratic nominee. Meanwhile, Elon mussays he expects to make lots of enemies in his position in the Trump administration, Musk and former Republican presidential candidate that Karamaswami will head up the new Department of Government Efficiency. Must says he'll receive no compensation for his work. Okay, here in Houston, the Houston Field Office of the FBI announced yesterday they prevented a Texas man from carrying out a possible terrorist attack right here in our city. This guy, Anna Said, was charged last month with trying to provide material support to ISIS. He was arrested last week at a Houston apartment complex where he allegedly has had planned a nine to eleven style attack. Said told the federal agents he created propaganda for ISIS, considering considered attacking members of the military, and discussed researching the locations and physical layouts of synagogues and the Israeli consulate in Houston. This is all like in a federal indictment. That's how I have the issues on this.
Speaker 1: So crazy, that's happening right here in our hometown.
Speaker 4: I know, I know.
Speaker 5: While announcing the prevention of a possible attack, the FBI Houston office said on social media, any day we can publicly say that like that we prevented this.
Speaker 4: It's a good day. So that's kind of the serious stuff.
Speaker 5: Listen, if you're hosting Thanksgiving dinner this year, there are a few things you should have crossed your list. Cross off your list with just under two weeks to go, so you need to know who's coming. You need a guest list, you need a count, You need a menu.
Speaker 4: What are you serving? What are you buying? What are you cooking? You need to clean your fridge.
Speaker 5: You need to Your fridge should be clean, your oven should be clean, and you need to have an inventory of your pantry and tableware. Okay, Rod, are you what's going on with your Thanksgiving?
Speaker 1: My take on this is if you're hosting, you're responsible for the bird and the stuffing. I don't mind asking for help, like, hey, bring your favorite side. If you're having people come, I don't mind it being a combined effort. But you're hosting the bird is I have gone off campus stars, I have gone off campus before, and I was responsible for the bird. I thought that was weird.
Speaker 7: Oh why must you arrange something ahead of the time. We're like, hey, I'll fry the turkey and bring it.
Speaker 5: That's just so much pressure. The main star of the whole dish. To have someone else outside bringing.
Speaker 4: That in, that's huge. I mean they must really want to taste your turkey.
Speaker 1: I had that pressure before, and it's like, okay, but what.
Speaker 5: About adding, Like okay, if you have the bird like sh you also have the cranberry sauce and the gravy.
Speaker 19: I think I can.
Speaker 1: I think you look at the list of people and you say, okay, here's what's available, and then you're hosting.
Speaker 6: You got to clean up what people didn't take.
Speaker 1: But you can give them a list of things that you want on the table or bring your specialty.
Speaker 6: But yeah, you can ask for help on that.
Speaker 5: My dad's biggest concern every year is like who's going to clean up this mess?
Speaker 4: Like who's clean?
Speaker 5: I don't care what we're eating, what we're doing, Like, do not leave a mess. Let's talk about Lindsay Vonn. Did you know she's returning to skiing.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 5: The Olympic gold medalist Lindsay Vugh is coming out of retirement ahead of the twenty twenty six Games in Italy. So von told The New York Times that she only RecA considered her return after she had a successful knee replacement surgery.
Speaker 4: Seven months ago. Now she's forty years old and she.
Speaker 5: Last competed professionally in February of twenty nineteen at the Alpine World Ski Championships in Sweden, where she want a bronze and the Women's Downhole, the women's down hill event.
Speaker 4: Now she's the oldest woman to win.
Speaker 5: A medal at a world championship. So I'm written for Lindsay Vaughn, Always USA, USA. Lincoln Park. Their album From Zero arrives today. This is their eighth album, but it is their first without Chester Bennington. Their new singer is Emily Armstrong from Dead Sarah. We've chatted about this. As expected, Lincoln Park did announce a massive twenty twenty five world tour. There's no Houston date on that tour, guys. I'm so sorry. I know Rod so upset about that as well, But those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: I gotta if you want to get on the road to go see Lincoln Park. They're playing something.
Speaker 4: Called Movie Center.
Speaker 1: It's the largest rock festival. It's going down in May and it's Welcome to Rockville, Shine Down, Green Day, Lincoln Park, Corn. I mean, go what is Mastadont in Daytona? You know who's on there, Bill Blow October, Oh nice Blow October. You never see them on these big, huge festivals, and they're on this one.
Speaker 4: I'll just go with them. I'll I'll just go with Justin.
Speaker 1: I really do want to make a road trip and go to this That's where I'll see my Lincoln Park. Maybe all right, once you got over there.
Speaker 7: In sports, on Thursday Night football, the Eagles beat the Commanders twenty six to eighteen.
Speaker 1: The Texans aren't gonna play until Monday nights.
Speaker 7: So you can enjoy a stress free Sunday if you're a Texans fan. In college football, so notable games on the schedule this week, and we got U of h playing tonight. They're gonna take on Aras Dake on Arizona. That'll kick up at nine to fifteen. You can watch it on Fox Sports One. Tomorrow, ut is gonna play Arkansas at eleven. The big game of the weekend is number seven Tennessee at twelfth ranks Georgia.
Speaker 4: That'll be at six thirty tomorrow night.
Speaker 7: In fifteenth rank Texas A and M is gonna host New Mexico State at six forty five. You can watch that game on SEC Network. In basketball, the Rockets are gonna be back in Action night. They're gonna host the Clippers at the Toyota Center, trying to extend their three game winning streak. Tip offs at seven. You can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. We got a big fight weekend ahead of us Tonight. Mike Tyson is gonna box Jake Paul in this circus event that'll start at eight o'clock. Jake Paul is the betting favorite right now. You can watch it on Netflix. No, nothing required besides the subscription, Like this isn't a pay per view or anything. White Jerry Chefs nothing. I already checked, Thank you. UFC three o nine. Tomorrow night, John Jones is gonna face step A Miochic for the heavyweight title. Main card starts at eight. For that, you can watch it on ESPN plus pay per view. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: The rod Ryan Morning Show, Am, come on, Buzz.
Speaker 9: Bam fridaydayre Bam Friday.
Speaker 1: You got a free Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday.
Speaker 9: Friday, Madaya Man Friday.
Speaker 1: All right, Good morning, rod Ryan Show, Roddy Hi, Who we got here? Josh Josh you call her number ten. Man.
Speaker 8: Congrats, No way, let's go.
Speaker 1: Let's go, Josh. I got a case of beer for you if you want it.
Speaker 8: I appreciate that too.
Speaker 14: Ey to jump around?
Speaker 6: Oh, you know what, we should jump around really soon.
Speaker 1: It's a good question. Yeah, I'm gonna jump around very soon. Here, dude, where are you from?
Speaker 2: I'm from Tyrus on the board.
Speaker 1: All right, Josh, I got a case of beer for you, dude, and we will jump around very soon on this show.
Speaker 16: Man.
Speaker 1: I hope you stick around for that. Okay, thank you, sir, Thank you, Josh, Thank you, Josh. Have a great weekend. Sunny skies today. Ten percent chance of rain high seventy six to twenty percent chance of rain probably cloudy high of eighty one. I love how Alex said, Yeah, you guys, don't stress out on Sunday. You know, the Texans aren't playing until Monday night, so you can kind of have a nice stress free Sunday. I will not share in that. Even at NFL dot Com, they said the Bill's Chiefs game the biggest game of the year on the schedule so far, probably in the NFL. Do you agree to that?
Speaker 4: I would say so at this point Oh my.
Speaker 1: God, is this Paramount Plus? Do I have to watch this on Paramount Plus? You know where am I going to watch the game? Alex?
Speaker 16: Is it not?
Speaker 1: I have Square? It's an afternoon game and lock gam Yeah that should be Primetime. That's yeah, there was one pesky Paramount Plus thing going on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's the three twenty five game. That should be the CBS game.
Speaker 14: Okay.
Speaker 1: Now, yeah, can I tell you something a little interesting? And I know Tessa will find this interesting?
Speaker 16: What's that?
Speaker 6: Taylor Swift is playing in Toronto?
Speaker 4: Okay? I do find and the tickets are out of this world. Expect that show.
Speaker 1: Hear me out. The bills are at home. Yeah, she will be free to go to the game on Sunday. You mean and tell me the NFL didn't take a look at that.
Speaker 7: They absolutely did. They looked at her at her schedule. Well, no, here's factor in the NFL scheduling.
Speaker 1: They stadiums were allowed to book Taylor Swift before the NFL schedule came out. So they did work around places like New Orleans and I think Indianapolis and even in Miami. Okay, they booked those shows and then the NFL said, okay, Taylor's got the stadium. Then the NFL claims this is an absolute quinkie dink I don't believe them. I don't, but Taylor, would.
Speaker 4: You believe anything?
Speaker 1: Roger Goodell says, Taylor's playing I think Thursday, Friday, Saturday in Toronto. She will be right an hour and fifteen minutes away, so that she will be attending bill Stadium. She will be attending the Bills Chiefs game.
Speaker 5: That's so iconic for Taylor to be in Buffalo. I'm sorry that iconic, but it is. It is iconic ic because I think it's cl I is the Toronto show the last show on the Aras tour?
Speaker 1: It might be.
Speaker 5: I think it might be so like for her to wrap it up and then just meander over IM like I'm sorry, Yes, it's iconic. I know that's not I if anyone else did it, it would just be going to a game to watch hers fouse.
Speaker 4: But like she just she ran on tour.
Speaker 7: If you were in the military and they made it to the Buffalo game, you were iconic.
Speaker 1: I just God, you're in the.
Speaker 7: Military and you just came back from duty and then you go to the Buffalo game.
Speaker 4: Is that more iconic.
Speaker 5: No, it's it's less icon it's less iconic. I just it's important, but it's not as iconic.
Speaker 1: I don't believe the NFL when they say it's a complete coincidence that the Chiefs are an hour and ten minutes away from her concert.
Speaker 7: Every Friday, when I'm looking at like for the sports blog, it's always like, will Taylor Swift be at the Chiefs game in Seattle?
Speaker 1: Will's Taylor Swift be at the Chiefs game in Green Bay?
Speaker 5: And he has been dressing like her outfits are giving like first Lady vibes, like I am.
Speaker 4: Your queen and savior.
Speaker 6: They better make first Lady car hearts because it's gonna be cold.
Speaker 1: Okay, I agree. So she's gonna have to wear freeze or just wear some faux fur or something.
Speaker 4: Are there any sweets?
Speaker 1: Yes, she'll be fine.
Speaker 5: Well, it's buffalo though, like they're crazy. They like do it to not have it, like you don't want anyone come to.
Speaker 6: Don't worry, won't be in the bleachers.
Speaker 4: Okay, I am worried. Okay, I am worried.
Speaker 1: The biggest game on the NFL schedule this year is Bill's Chiefs. Please tell me that you guys all want the Bills to win. Tell me you're not sick of the check First.
Speaker 4: Of all, Josha was my fantasy quarterback.
Speaker 1: Second of all, you're sick of the Chiefs.
Speaker 4: I'm sick of them. They Yeah, we want the Bills, thank you. Yes, they have to break this street. Wait, do you want to so you get a franchise quarterback in the next draft?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 4: Okay, fine, Then I do want the Bills to swim?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 6: And then I listen Big sports weekend?
Speaker 5: Man, do you want the Textans to meet the Cowboys?
Speaker 1: That's fun. I'll tell you what I mean. Sunday it's the biggest game. I'll have knots. I'll be barfing all day on Sunday. And then Monday night's gonna be so fun. Monday Night's gonna be so fun. The hell they will, I hope so. And then Friday night, you got that fight tonight. I cannot wait. I cannot wait for that fight.
Speaker 4: You're dressed like a barbarian tomorrow.
Speaker 1: I don't think I'm gonna do that. But okay, whack, let me take a short break. So there's there's us talking sports. We'll talk some music with you. How about my chemical romance to playing Arlington. We've got a pair of tickets for you on the flip of this break.
Speaker 20: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative and The Rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 1: Show before five The Buzz Welcome Back rod Ryan Show. Seven twenty four Free Beer Friday. I'm gonna take care of that guy's request to the guy that just won the case of beer. So we'll get to that shortly. I think you know where I'm going with that ten percent chance of rain sunny today high of seventy six.
Speaker 4: What's trending, Well, there's a couple of these stories that have been.
Speaker 5: Circulating, like the dude who faked his own death kayaking to go like be with a Chip overseas. But the latest one I saw is four people under rest in LA because they were trying to say a bear damage their cars, but it was a person in a bear costume, so it was like a tempted insurance fraud.
Speaker 1: Crazy criminal block page headlining nice, nice, Okay, Yeah, they're not going to fool anybody a human in a bear costume. The idea though, it's so funny, you do you like the idea?
Speaker 4: It's insane thing, it's crazy, but it's funny you're.
Speaker 1: Gonna but to think you're gonna fool anybody having a man in a bear costume?
Speaker 6: What is this some kind of a like can real expensive car insurance deal?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so they had the Rolls Royce Ghosts of what if it worked?
Speaker 1: A phony bear tore it apart, ridiculous picous.
Speaker 4: Bear expert to identify it was a costume.
Speaker 1: You are my bear expert. Go look at the video on the crazy criminal block page and you will know it's it's not a real bear. What else?
Speaker 4: Sophia Turner Sophie Turner, who played.
Speaker 5: Sansa Stark actually probably one of my favorite characters on Game of Thrones. They are tapping her for her next role to play the next Laura Croft. She will be playing Laura Croft in an upcoming tomb Raider.
Speaker 4: It's a TV.
Speaker 5: Series though, and it's gonna be on Amazon. So the deal isn't like ink yup, but Turner's gonna play the lead in this series on Amazon. It was obviously played in the first two films by Angelina Joe Lee, and then I think Alicia vikandor viknd her I don't know how to say her name.
Speaker 6: One of the Jonas brothers used to be tapping her.
Speaker 4: I think they're married, are they not? The divorce they're divorced. It was like a contentious divorce.
Speaker 1: He used to be tapping that.
Speaker 5: Thank you for letting me know who is tapping what? Also, let's just I mean, why not. It's Fanny Friday. That's our number one blog page looking at girls link also doing really well today.
Speaker 4: That's what's trending on eighty four five the bus.
Speaker 1: All right, what do you have to give away?
Speaker 5: I have a pair of tickets to see my Chemical Romance at Globelife Field in Arlington. They're playing their August second. Tickets go on sale after the show today today.
Speaker 1: Am a ticketmaster, Alex did you hear that beer guy ask for?
Speaker 4: I mean jump around.
Speaker 6: We can't just go in.
Speaker 1: We can't just go take a request though, right, but.
Speaker 7: Like we do that every Friday, so we might as well.
Speaker 1: Do it now.
Speaker 4: Make it work, Okay, all right, let's do it.
Speaker 1: We have now come to the time during the show that we jump around. Now you gotta jump and dial at the same time for those mc R tickets seven one, three, two two. Who's jumping with me? House of page ninety four five The Buzz of course, sing Rod Ryan's show. Thanks for jumping around with us for at least three and a half minutes. I hope you're off to a great start today. Mine. Just turn around. I just turned around. I am. I'm stressing out just because why, what's wrong? The Bill's Chiefs game.
Speaker 4: You're already stressed about that.
Speaker 6: It's Friday morning.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, rise Friday morning, and I'm stressing about Sunday afternoons football game. It's that big a deal for me.
Speaker 5: Okay, So listen, you're stressed out because.
Speaker 1: You're wondering are the Chiefs, Like, are they gonna somehow pull off some miracle again?
Speaker 4: But as it stands, like you think the Bills can beat the Chiefs, right, they.
Speaker 1: Can beat the Chiefs, but they can beat them during the season. We've proved that in years past. Postseason is another story, right.
Speaker 5: I feel like Josh Allen owes him one, Like he definitely owes him one.
Speaker 6: We can beat him during the season.
Speaker 1: So I'd like to think that the Chiefs get their first loss this weekend. What really matters is what happens, you know, postseason. But excited about that fight tonight Monday, night is gonna be so much fun with the Texans taking on the Cowboys. That's gonna be awesome. That's gonna be awesome energy on Monday, you know. So it's looking forward to this weekend for sure. Trying to work in a little renfest in there as well, so fun.
Speaker 5: Rally girl says she's going to see Okay, look for her out there, Okay, I will.
Speaker 1: Good morning Rod Ryan's show.
Speaker 14: Good morning.
Speaker 1: Hi. Who's this? My name is Josh? Also, what the hell you got all these jobs? Is it? Is it just Josh day? Joshus are winning all the tickets?
Speaker 8: You well the Winther's great?
Speaker 1: Your call her? Ten whoa? So you're gonna have to travel a little bit. The best. The best I can do is Arlington on these my Chemical Romance tickets for some reason, not Houston, August second.
Speaker 6: Tickets will go on sale today at ten a m.
Speaker 1: And Josh we got a pair set aside for you if you want them. I want them. I'm going I'm in my Emo dad era.
Speaker 6: Okay, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: There's a big, huge resurgence of the whole emo movement right now for sure. Hey, what is your interest level, if at all, on this Mike Tyson fight tonight. Is it zero? Is it ten? What is it?
Speaker 21: I want to see my tyson mop the floors.
Speaker 4: That's what everyone wants.
Speaker 1: So is it must watch television for you tonight on Netflix?
Speaker 16: Uh?
Speaker 1: It's it's really kind of want to watch. Yeah, I've find that other stuff going on. I'll just go back and watch it on Netflix later. What time you think the fights at Alex's ed Well, I know, like there's an undercard, so it starts at eight. So you think there'll be an hour and a half of undercard and probably two hours of undercard?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, well Josh Man, enjoy the My Chemical Romance Show and have a great weekend. Okay, thank you so much YouTube, brother Rock, thank you. Let it Josh.
Speaker 6: Now, listen, I just had everybody out on the dance floor, right.
Speaker 1: But when I started in this business, legendary DJ told me the trick is to keep him on the dance floor. Have you had enough.
Speaker 6: Dancing or would you like to maybe do you have a little bit more in.
Speaker 5: You Because it's Friday, I've got a little juice in the tank.
Speaker 1: Okay, if you've got a little left. The internet still is not over. Moodang even though I tried to bring you. I tried to bring you another pygmy hippo last week, but someone wrote a catchy moodang song. Are you here for it or did you already do enough to? No?
Speaker 4: No, please hit me with the mood dang song if you've done enough.
Speaker 19: I'm okay, But all right, here we go. I got the accompanying video on three things when.
Speaker 1: Wing bring Wing Wooden Wing going, when.
Speaker 4: Videoing bing bing winging.
Speaker 5: It's fun if you just listen to it, because then you can fill it in with all your own funny moodang memories.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just kind of moodang tripping over and over again, Yeah, tripping over random's. It's just a clumsy dang the pygmy hippo pretty damn catchy though, Huh Yeah, I mean really catchy. That's headlining three Things you Must see Today. You can go and listen to it all weekend.
Speaker 6: It's free Beer Friday with rod Ryan.
Speaker 1: I Don't Drink in the Morning. May nine, four ninety four five The Buzz Good Morning rod Ryan Show. That's Lincoln Park, the Emptinnest Machine. They released another song. Well now you can go hear everything As a matter of fact, the whole album came out, so some of you have. I know I got a couple of reviews in here. I think even Michelle sent me a review. A former intern. I think she got up early to download the album and listen to it. Everything that I heard I loved. I going before today, I had heard three songs off the album and I thought all three of them were awesome, and I think they're all worthy of radio play. And I know they've got this big hit on their hands right now, but I'm ready. I'm ready to go four singles deep on this new album. Lincoln Park What's going On? Album out today? World Tour announced yesterday. We are not a part of that. Austin's going to be the closest show. I had mentioned that I saw this Welcome to Rockville. It's the biggest rock It's got to be the single biggest festival rock festival in the country. You were asking where it's Daytona. Amanda I run into at concerts. I see her all the time. She actually ran into the Radio Wizard she saw. She just send me an email because I mentioned Rockville. She ran into Radio Wizard at the Arlington show of Lincoln Park. She sent me a picture of him. Oh nice, Wizard must have loved that got identified in the crowd. Good morning, brother Rod. Welcome to Rockville. An amazing festival and great venue. I've been there three times. I'll admit I bought my four day tickets already because of Lincoln Park. We'll be there, but Blue October is an extra bonus. I saw Lincoln Park in Arlington. Emily killed it. The smile on Mike's face was priceless. Getting a pick with the Wizard was a bonus. Hope to see you in Daytona in May. I have never I've always marveled at this show, but I've always looked from afar.
Speaker 6: It wasn't until until I.
Speaker 1: Saw a justin post on Blue October's Instagram that Blue October is on the bill.
Speaker 20: So cool.
Speaker 1: I just don't ever hear of them being on these big festivals. And no they don't have top billing. Okay, this is going to be Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, May fifteenth through the eighteenth, twenty twenty five, Daytona Beach. It's at the Speedway, the Daytona Speedway. So Thursday is headlined by Shinedown, followed by Three Doors Down, Hailstorm, Theory of a Dead Man, Blue October, Evans, Blue Royal Lynn. Also on that day is Rob Zombie, Three Days, Grace Finger, Eleven, Saving Abel, Smile, Empty Soul, Bullet with My Balance Bullet for my Valentine, asking Alexandra, this is Thursday. You don't even have the heavyweights yet, That's just Thursday. It is insane. The lineup is the craziest thing I've ever seen. Friday is Green Day, Allison Chains, Jimmy World, Newfound Glory, Bowling for Soup, lit Red Jump, Soup Apparatus, Good Charlotte, Sublime, Bush, Candlebox, Ever Clear, Dorothy We're gonna go live from.
Speaker 6: That or Jill Switch and Engage.
Speaker 4: How does that work?
Speaker 1: That is Friday.
Speaker 6: The list goes on and on.
Speaker 1: It's every band. It's the greatest lineup I've ever seen of a rock festival. I'm so happy Blow October is a part of it.
Speaker 4: That's amazing.
Speaker 1: Just to give you some because I'm talking about it now because I just played Lincoln Park. They're headlining Saturday, Incubiss, Bear Tooth, Taking Taking Back Sunday, Pod Hoobastank, Pierce the Veil, I Prevail, Hollywood Undead.
Speaker 4: And then Itchy Pickle closing it all out.
Speaker 1: Hey, guys, Masta Don's playing on Saturday. That's what that's what you.
Speaker 4: Guys use, That's all we want.
Speaker 1: And then if you're just a complete animal and you can stick it out for the four days, this is the Yeah, like what.
Speaker 4: You have to pick a day?
Speaker 15: Right?
Speaker 4: Should you do all for?
Speaker 1: You will need a spatula to scrape me out of my bed. There's no way I could do Sunday. Sunday is Corn, Marilyn Manson, Chevelle, Daughtry, filter snot bad Omens, Mud Vein seven Dust, Insane, clown Posse Testament, Oh my good, Hawthorne Heights. I mean they got a little bit of everything on here. That Welcome to Rockville is ridiculous.
Speaker 5: I'm so happy is this that everyone can be there this weekend?
Speaker 4: When is this again?
Speaker 1: It's May fifteenth, sixteen, seventeen, and eighteen, twenty twenty five. I am so happy to see Blue October sprinkled into all of those bands. That's awesome. That's so great. That's on the music blog page. I have it on there so you'll see Lincoln Park. Here's the new album, here's the tour that we're not a part of, and then here's this, here's this if you make plans and again, we just talked to somebody that she already bought her tickets. Amanda already bought her tickets for that.
Speaker 5: I mean, that is the beauty of living in Houston. No matter where they put this concert, we're not We're usually not a very long flight away.
Speaker 4: Can we can just hop over?
Speaker 1: Aytona is a direct flight? I got to find out from her, like, where do you stay? Can can you stay somewhere where you can just walk?
Speaker 14: You know?
Speaker 1: Can you stay camp.
Speaker 4: On the beach?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't know how to don't even pack shoes.
Speaker 6: I mean yeah, I'll go barefoot.
Speaker 1: Houston's rocking alternatives The.
Speaker 16: Rod Last, the Morning Show from six to ten AM. Ninety four or five.
Speaker 1: Buzz ninety four or five the Buzz, My favorite incubist song, Sunny Skuys Today ten percent chance of rain hides him around seventy six low chances of rain tomorrow, So Saturday is a good day to get after it. I see nothing above eighty one tomorrow, and then you got a good chance of some thundershowers and some storms rolling in on Sunday. That's all right. I'll be biting my fingernails off watching football.
Speaker 3: On Sunday.
Speaker 6: And then getting ready for that big Monday night game.
Speaker 1: That's gonna be fun. Monday morning, I think is gonna be a fun morning for us, just because the Texans Dallas Cowboys. Monday. I'll let people get on the air do a little trash talk, and that's gonna be fun. All right, let's go, man. What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 5: Donald Trump is making headlines with his nomination of Robert F. Kennedy, Junior to lead the Department of Health and Human Services. The President elect released a statement yesterday saying Kennedy, who has been an outspoken critic of vaccine mandates, will restore health agencies to the traditions of gold standard scientific research and beacons of transparency. Meanwhile, the Department of Government Efficiency is looking for new employees. This department, which President Elect Trump announced will be led by Elon musk In. One time White House hopeful Vivik Ramaswami posted on social media that they're looking for a super high Q small government revolutionaries that are willing to work eighty plus hours per week on an unglamorous cost cut. There you go, that's your political highline headline. Then, you know, probably the most boring headline, but maybe my favorite of the day. The Public Utility Commission of Texas is giving the green light for an audit of Centerpoint Energy. The utility is accused of overcharging customers one hundred million dollars every single year. The state agency yesterday approved a third party audit of center Point. In addition to claims of overcharging customers, and Lieutenant Governor Dan Patrick have criticized Centerpoint for spending eight hundred million dollars to lease twenty huge mobile generators, fifteen of which have never even been used.
Speaker 4: The audit report is expected.
Speaker 5: To be done by April, and you know my ass will be right there in line waiting to read every single page of it.
Speaker 4: It's mid November. Have the holidays arrived yet? Have you?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 4: How you answer might depend on which radio station you listen to. Better be this one.
Speaker 5: Someone asked two thousand people to name the top signs that the holidays have officially started, and the number one answer was hearing Christmas music on the radio. So our friends over at Sunny ninety nine point one. They're making the switch today and it's November fifteenth.
Speaker 4: Guys, we haven't even had Thanksgiving yet. As my friend.
Speaker 1: London once said, yeah, so they're switching today. Santa Claus is going to be here. I asked, London, Hey, you want Santa Claus's gonna be at the radio station.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: She's like, well, we haven't had Thanksgiving yet. It's a little early. And I said, well, listen, that's cool. We don't have to go No, no, no, no no, let me get together a list. She's not gonna miss out on Santa being here today.
Speaker 16: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I gets to meet Santa for the first time today.
Speaker 1: Are you bringing out? Oh that's great, dude. I'm super excited now, so I don't mind. I get it.
Speaker 6: Sonny is a juggernaut in December, they.
Speaker 1: Go early and they just suck all the listeners from every radio station over to them because people get so jazzed about the Christmas music. Guys, not six to ten. You cannot leave us for Christmas music. I'll sneak on a little boublat every now and then if Alex Leximan lets me, I will get your Christmas fix in the morning. Do not in the morning. You want to switch over afterwards, fine, but not six to ten.
Speaker 5: Santa knows who's been naughty, and he knows when you're tuned in US and when you're not.
Speaker 1: You will all get coal in your stockings if you switch in the morning.
Speaker 5: All right, let's focus on the holiday that is actually around the corner, Thanksgiving less than two weeks away. There are a list of Thanksgiving movies about dysfunctional families.
Speaker 4: It might make you feel better about spending time with yours.
Speaker 5: Something I've learned because I'm always going around saying like, oh my gosh, Thanks Gee, He's.
Speaker 4: My favorite holiday.
Speaker 5: That's because my family was, for the most part pretty cool. I mean, we've had our blowouts, but like, if you're with a family that makes you take medication, you know, maybe you watch these movies and not feel so alone. Number one is Adam's Family Values nineteen ninety three.
Speaker 4: It's a great movie. Number two is Thanksgiving, which came out last year.
Speaker 6: Was that horror movie? I think, isn't it that slash or flick?
Speaker 4: I'm not sure because it's so new. The Humans, which came out in twenty twenty one.
Speaker 5: Home for the Holidays is a movie from nineteen ninety five and nineteen eighty seven, Planes, Trains and Automobiles always on the list.
Speaker 1: Why is that not number one? Come on, that's the number.
Speaker 6: It's the number one Thanksgiving movie ever.
Speaker 5: Okay, So Nickelback was being inducted into the Canadian Music Hall of Fame and the Juno at the Juno Awards.
Speaker 4: Surprise, Rod wasn't at the celebration.
Speaker 6: But the Juno is the Grammy equivalent.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 5: There is a quit list that Ryan Reynolds shared, uh, talking about Nickelback, calling them the greatest, one of the greatest bands on earth.
Speaker 14: They are.
Speaker 5: So you can go see Deadpool and Wolverine. It's a deleted scene of him kind of pang homage to Nickelback.
Speaker 1: It's on these plug PAGs. Well they yeah, they used this song in the movie and then it ended up getting cut, so you know that killed.
Speaker 5: Ryan Reynolds was probably so sad because that's.
Speaker 1: All him putting Nickelback in his movie, you know. But yeah, the scene didn't make it, so he put it up on on his Instagram. We have it on links and guests.
Speaker 7: He said, they released the like deleted but like the extended version of it this week, so you could probably see it on there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it probably is gonna be in the extended version.
Speaker 4: Those are Houston tadlines.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, what you got over there? Oh well?
Speaker 7: On Thursday Night football, the Eagles beat the Commanders twenty six to eighteen. Texans don't play until Monday and night, so you can enjoy a stress free Sunday if you're a Texans van In college footballs and notable games on the schedule this weekend. Tonight, we got you of h taken on Arizona. That'll kick off at nine to fifteen. You can watch it on FS one. Tomorrow, UT is gonna play Arkansas at eleven A and m is gonna host New Mexico State tomorrow night in the big game of the weekend at six thirty.
Speaker 4: Seventh thrank. Tennessee is gonna be at number twelve. Georgia.
Speaker 7: That's gonna be on ABC. And basketball, the Rockets are back in action tonight. They're gonna host the Clippers at the Toyota Center, trying to extend their three game winning streak. Tip offs at seven. You can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. Come on we got a big fight weekend ahead of US. Tonight, Mike Tyson is gonna box Jake Paul. Jake Paul is a minus two to ten favorite. That means you get to put down two hundred ten dollars to win back one hundred if you were betting on Jake Paul. That'll start at eight o'clock. You can watch it on a flicks in UFC C three nine. Tomorrow night, John Jones is gonna face step Am Miochic for the heavyweight title. Main card for that starts at eight and you can watch it on ESPN plus pay per view. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: Excited about that fight. What time did you say? The undercard starts at starts at eight, eight o'clock our time, eight o'clock. Yeah, awesome.
Speaker 6: You would have thought that it's a little late.
Speaker 1: You would have thought the fight was in Vegas, the way that they were advertising it up and down Vegas boulevar Lington. It was all over the place though, you know what I mean, because of because of the bedding. Wow, But it looked like you would have thought it was there. That's how much they were advertising the fight.
Speaker 4: It's everywhere.
Speaker 22: Man, Houston's rocking Alternatives, The Road, Last Morning Show, six to ten AM, ninety four or five, Buzz Product.
Speaker 14: Product Product Product.
Speaker 23: Noos, dougas Fo fro D, Cold Bull Song calling Him Rob Bry Cook, the Phone, Num Box of Combcreamer Bush, Honor In Nor Francis.
Speaker 15: Monday, Monday, Amy Monday, Man Friday, you got free Bam Friday. You got free Bam Friday.
Speaker 1: You got a free Man Friday, Free Bam.
Speaker 9: Friday, Bam Friday, Right, Bam Friday.
Speaker 1: And right Man Friday, Ryan, Right, right, right, right right, Good morning, Rod.
Speaker 14: Ryan Show, Good morning.
Speaker 15: Hi.
Speaker 1: Who's this Jeff? Jeff? You call at number ten? Awesome? Awesome, Jeff. I got a case of beer with your name on it. It's all yours daddy. O.
Speaker 14: Thank you, Mar, thank you. I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Jeff. Where are you from?
Speaker 8: Your son?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 16: Bro?
Speaker 1: Any interest in this boxing match, this circus boxing match tonight?
Speaker 14: Oh yeah, absolutely, I'll be watching it.
Speaker 1: So are you okay? So you're watching it? So I'm assuming you're at least a three or a four. If it's a zero to ten, How excited are you about tonight?
Speaker 14: I'd say maybe a seven?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 6: I feel like I'm in an eight nine category for some reason.
Speaker 1: I haven't been excited about a boxing match in twenty years, maybe since the last time it takes out.
Speaker 14: I think mightday just going to catch up on him.
Speaker 6: Maybe bigger gloves.
Speaker 1: So there's probably not going to be a knockout unless it's completely scripted, and shorter rounds too, so they will hopefully they won't get quite they don't get quite out of breath. All right, one final question for you today, and then I'm going to turn you loose. You got the beers already, Jeff. I feel like you can walk up to your average music fan and you could say, hey, man, what's your favorite singer? And I think people would have an answer for you. And I think the same goes for guitar players. But when it comes to the but when it comes to the rhythm section, does your average person have a favorite drummer? Today is National Drummer Day? Do you have a favorite drummer? Jeff, it's got to be bottom bottom Okay, not a bad one, not a bad one, all right, Jeff, You're off the hook, bro enjoy your beers.
Speaker 14: Thanks, thank you.
Speaker 6: You don't have a favorite drummer? Do you test, I mean you never thought about it.
Speaker 5: I mean Ted Smith, right, He's great, he is awesome, He's great.
Speaker 4: He doesn't get enough love.
Speaker 1: Do you have a favorite singer? Easy?
Speaker 22: Right? I mean no.
Speaker 5: I mean it's like whoever I want, whoever I want in the moment, whatever mood I'm in.
Speaker 1: Okay. Do you have a favorite singer Alex Brandon Boyd Probably okay. You have a favorite guitar player or it's not important.
Speaker 4: Probably I have, I don't know.
Speaker 7: I'd probably go to the blank with a two guys, Tom DeLong and then Mark Oppis for baby, and then Travis Barker for drums, unless you want to go A little drummer boy.
Speaker 4: Tocer Chante is easily my favorite guitar.
Speaker 6: A little drummer boy is That guy was like the goat of drummer if you think about it. I mean all he did was par rump a pump pump.
Speaker 1: But he's still but everybody wrote a song about him. He par ruppa pump pumped better than anyone. Yeah, or nobody can take that from that, Yeah, I don't. Barker would be favorite drummer though, I would say it's fun. I would say nerdy fifty year olds, probably like Neil Peart of Rush.
Speaker 7: Jack White would be my favorite guitar player is just on top of off the top of my head. I didn't think of it, but Jack White would definitely be my favorite.
Speaker 1: Our beer winner, said John Bonham. And you know, and it's taken me a little. I mean, just listen to that. Hang on, start that from the beginning again. I mean, if that doesn't move your soul right there, you know how many times that's and lifted, how many times that's that's a human being playing and then that has been lifted and stolen and tried. You know that you try to recreate that on the machinery that we have available to us today. John Bonham was one of the greats of all time. It's National Drummer Day. I think everybody should take time out of their day, come up with your favorite drummer and then just just be ready to be asked. You'll never be asked again until next year. Just like, just play this.
Speaker 4: Travis Travisburger. I'm not saying it's the hardest thing ever.
Speaker 6: Okay, Travis is a great drummer, does that just slap?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he doesn't know. He's a great drummer. He's a great drummer. His producing, he's got one style. I mean it's the same thing. So you know what you're getting with Travis Parker produced anything.
Speaker 6: He's got that one thing that he does and he does it great.
Speaker 4: He's gonna sound like my son.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's gonna yeah. All right, Shout out to the drummers out there. Nobody's got it.
Speaker 6: You gota favorite bass player? Flee, What are you just going down the Chili Pepper lineup?
Speaker 4: Well, Nick, it's a strong lineup.
Speaker 1: But it is funny. How when I asked you about singers, you every other instrument you mentioned the Chili Pepper except for vocalists.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna mention it as anything. Of My favorite singer is female singer. It's probably like Selena or Celene Beyond. It's a self gotcha.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Travis is a great drummer. Shout out to the drummers out there. Got the most equipment to set up that dumb lead singer shows up with his mic stand.
Speaker 7: Yeah you guys ready, No, I got well, hold on, I have put my scarf on it real fast.
Speaker 6: No, I'm sweating my ass off setting up my drums.
Speaker 1: Still jerk.
Speaker 6: You want to help, they never helped.
Speaker 1: With the chicks. The chicks, they never helped. And then after the show, you gotta tear down your drums, take your car. All the chicks are gone. Sucks Rock and Alternative ver.
Speaker 16: He is The rod Ryan Morning Show, six Am, The Buzz, The.
Speaker 1: Buzz, Welcome back, rod Ryan Show. Sorry, I'm over here answering drummer emails. I'm arguing about who's the greatest drummer of all time?
Speaker 4: Are you swamped over there?
Speaker 22: No?
Speaker 1: Yeah, a bunch of people emailing. It's good, it's good. You know, when I think, I asked you, guys, do you have a favorite? Your favorite doesn't have to be the best, But then you know it's it's all subjective. Who's the best?
Speaker 15: You know?
Speaker 1: You know I had mentioned Neil Peart of Rush. There's a lot of people that still think that he's the greatest drummer of all time.
Speaker 6: I don't know, I don't know. I love arguing that stuff though.
Speaker 11: I love it.
Speaker 6: So a lot of people sending me drummer talk National Drummer Day.
Speaker 1: I didn't even know we had a day. It's also clean out your refrigerator Day, and I think that coincides with getting ready for Thanksgiving.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we talked about that in headlines.
Speaker 1: So you clean out the refrigerator, leftovers, get all of that stuff. Oh yeah, guess the oven two. So yeah, those are some of the national days. What's trending?
Speaker 5: Okay, So remember when Selene Dion was diagnosed with this like stiff person syndrome and she had to go through with all these treatments and was having like seizures and stuff in her documentary.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I still haven't watched that documentary. It's all my list of things to watch.
Speaker 5: Well, she made the promise that she would sing again. And last night there was this fashion designer celebrating like forty five years of designing fashion. It was in Saudi Arabia. It was this fashion show and she was on the runway last night killing it. I mean she looked it's it looks like the designer listened to Selene Deon while designing the dress. The dress was on point, the fashion was on point, and it was just I mean, she's a legend, so like, you don't need to comeback as legend.
Speaker 4: Everyone already knows. But I think people were really worried about Selene and this just shows like, she's just so amazing, She's so amazed, she looks so good. She's in her comeback season, she looks great.
Speaker 1: What else?
Speaker 5: Also, I don't know if you saw this, you can get your UFO music ready. But yesterday the federal government released the twenty twenty twenty four Report on a Unidentified Anomalist Phenomena basically UFOs. There were seven hundred and fifty seven UFO incidents over the last year, one hundred and seventy four of them are unresolved.
Speaker 4: Didn't we're not alone. We are not alone.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I mean, I don't think any of you watched all three hours of it. But there's no way Joe Rogan didn't ask about UFOs if he was going to open up any kind of files. I know he said he was gonna open up the Kennedy files.
Speaker 5: He was young guy who was an expert a while back, and the guy was like, oh, you know, I can't say that, Joe.
Speaker 4: Oh you've got you know, I can't say that.
Speaker 1: Joe open up the UFO files.
Speaker 4: Let us see it's going belong. Then yeah, put him in charge.
Speaker 1: What else?
Speaker 5: Also, it's been a lot of headlines about Mike Tyson and Jake Paul in their final face off, Mike Tyson kind of like punches him. Mike Tyson's been giving a ton of interviews. One went viral like this like little like eleven year old girl interviewing him, and Mike Tyson.
Speaker 4: Looks pretty disassociated and he had.
Speaker 5: A pretty crazy reply to this poor little girl that was just trying to get an interview with them with the guy.
Speaker 4: But yeah, that's what's trending on nighty four five to the buzz.
Speaker 1: I, Like Mike Tyson still acting a little crazy. Yeah, that's how that mean. That's my favorite, My favorite tear, My favorite Tyson is when he's just a little crazy that he still might just snap and kill you. Yeah, that's the best Tyson.
Speaker 6: Maybe by your ear.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't care if this whole fight is scripted, down to every single punch. There's no way that Jake Paul, who grew up, well, Jake Paul's not that old, so he didn't grow up watching him, but he is, but he has watched every fight of his. You still have to be terrified of this man.
Speaker 6: Even if even if it says if you go off script.
Speaker 1: You win nothing. I still don't trust Tyson. That's why I want to watch. I want to watch Tyson take one on the chair.
Speaker 4: With McGregor, where you're like, we know that he can't kick, but maybe I.
Speaker 1: Want Tyson to take one on the chin and forget about the script and pummel him.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's what I that's why. That's what's bringing me to watch tonight.
Speaker 1: You know all right? That music means it's time for the fall guitarvest.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, it is, buddy.
Speaker 1: I think the only person that likes it more than me is Alex I, who gave me control of the drop. He's loading up all the drops right now. Guys, we added ever clear to the guitarist guitar wheel. These are all autographed three days Grace Adam Gantier is on there, Hardy, there's multiple Buzzfest guitars, some forty one, the Black Keys, Ghost Fly Leaf, whipping out the Bush. It's all on there. Okay, I'm gonna take the ten calls in three minutes to spend the wheel. Who's spinning the wheel? Or do we want to spin it?
Speaker 15: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's yeah, I forgot we do that now all right, let's.
Speaker 4: Let me spind it. No, I get it all next week, Yes I do.
Speaker 1: Kids. Please don't make me come back there time. Don't make me come back there.
Speaker 4: Start nice, not even eye is such a good job?
Speaker 1: That good a job?
Speaker 4: Do you remember it was time to shut up?
Speaker 1: What's it gonna be today? Autograph guitars? Guys, ever clear? All right, ever clear guitar? Nice? You want that ever clear guitar? Prove it again? I work for it. You can go clog up the lines all you want. I'm gonna keep them all on hold until after we get out of either, so I'll start taking calls in three and a half minutes. Right show celebrating twenty years ninety four The Buzz four or five The Buzz Good Morning rod Ryan's Show. That is seither.
Speaker 6: They're on multiple guitars on the Fall guitarvest Wheel.
Speaker 1: They played so many buzzfests over the years that they have wound up on several of these guitars that we're gonna be offering up. As a matter of fact, I know you guys are all calling for the clear guitar. We're gonna replace that one with a Buzzfest twenty three guitar Godsmack I prevail highly suspect the Struts. I remember that show. So yeah, it's gonna be replaced by a great guitar. So here's what we have, my friends, the Fall guitarvest I know you've been calling the whole time. Everyone is caught up now.
Speaker 6: I don't care what platform you're listening to.
Speaker 1: If it's on iHeart, on your phone, on your laptop, you're Alexa, you're in your car. Everyone's caught up everyone. It's a level playing field, is what I'm saying. I'm gonna start taking some phone calls. Look at Chili just sitting back, living his best life, loves it. It's like, go ahead, guys, you do all this, You do all this. Alex is running around scrambling, ready to just completely destroy people in their dreams and hopes of winning an autograph guitar. Like this guy, Good morning rod Ryan's Show. Hello, Hi, who's this Cody? Cody?
Speaker 6: How many times did you call busy signal?
Speaker 1: Hang up? Call busy signal?
Speaker 14: Hang up?
Speaker 1: How many times did you call by?
Speaker 8: Three or four times?
Speaker 1: Three or four times?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You know what that got you? What's that that got you? The first phone call? Cody, You're number one? I need call her I need call her ten by Cody. Good Morning rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 14: Hey, hey, good number.
Speaker 1: What number are you? Sorry? Dude? Your caller number two? Right now? It's oh. I was waiting, Oh, I was waiting for that dude all week. You had that, all right, guitarrist Good morning rod Ryan's Show. Hello, Hello, Hi, who's this?
Speaker 5: Ch hies An?
Speaker 4: What's that from your imagination?
Speaker 16: Drop?
Speaker 1: I found that one?
Speaker 6: Good morning rob Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: Who's this? My name is oh Man?
Speaker 14: Let's go here?
Speaker 1: One? Two, three, thanks a lot. Your color four apparently been laden had something to do with that. Good Morning rob Ryan Show.
Speaker 14: Good morning, Hi.
Speaker 1: Who's this?
Speaker 15: This is not a dude, Julie.
Speaker 1: Not a dude, Julie.
Speaker 6: That's a different game.
Speaker 1: It works though. All right, So you lost there, you lost at the five, and you lost at this, Julie. I'm sorry your caller number five. Goodbye, Julie. Have a great weekend. Good morning rod Ryan Show. Good morning.
Speaker 16: Hi.
Speaker 1: Who's this Nevin? This is not the time to fight for your right to party?
Speaker 6: Dude calling number six? Sorry bro, Good morning rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: Hey Ellen, Hi, dude, Allen no, God please no, sorry Allen?
Speaker 16: No?
Speaker 1: Whoa oh Man?
Speaker 6: Have a great weekend, Ellen, Good morning, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: Good, good morning. Hi. What's your name bike?
Speaker 8: Five?
Speaker 1: Six, seven? Oh no, you're calling number eight? You get nothing, you lose. Good day, Good morning, rod Ryan Show. Hello, Hello, Hi, who's this?
Speaker 16: Hey?
Speaker 1: Rod?
Speaker 8: How are you today?
Speaker 1: What's your name.
Speaker 14: There? John?
Speaker 1: This is other? This is other John.
Speaker 4: I thought it's a perfect time to call.
Speaker 8: Well for a fresh out of Well this morning.
Speaker 1: This I got. I'm sorry, John, you deserve better than that.
Speaker 4: John Nice, so nice.
Speaker 1: He loses and he's still a swell guy.
Speaker 6: Good morning, rod Ryan Show, Mordon, Hi.
Speaker 4: Who's this?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 1: So many disappointed people today, Bro, so many disappointments, one after another after another. As a matter of fact, we've had six, seven, eight, we've had nine disappointed people.
Speaker 6: Dude, your call a ten?
Speaker 1: You got it be.
Speaker 16: Bro.
Speaker 1: We're gonna give you the autographed ever clear guitar. You are today's winner of the Fall Guitar Best You didn't that awesome? Come your name again?
Speaker 14: Nolan?
Speaker 1: Where are you from? Nolan?
Speaker 14: Jersey Villageria.
Speaker 6: Enjoy your guitar, my man, Thank you for playing along with us.
Speaker 14: Appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Have an awesome weekend. It's a run. Ryan Show. Good Mornings on the Bus ninety four to five, The Buzz Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, Offspring, Self Esteem, the Fall Guitarists. That's right, spun the wheel before that ever clear goes out the door. Buzzfest twenty three Godsmack headline that one I prevail highly, suspect, the struts and more all on that guitar as we spend the wheel all next week, every day Monday through Friday at a twenty destroying nine people and giving a guitar to one of you every day of us.
Speaker 16: Rock and Alter The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM and show.
Speaker 1: We're getting ready to give away that fourth and final case of beer, and then we I gotta somehow get in there a concert announcement. Then I got to get into some open phones. Then I got to get into alternative income. There's a chance for you to go out to California to our Alter Ego show, and then I'm gonna leave you with Saint Vincent tickets. My goodness, that's going to be a busy, busy hour. Let's get right after it testa one final time.
Speaker 5: Houston's headlines solaland Trump is making headlines with his nomination of Robert F. Kennedy Junior to lead the Department of Health and Human Services. The President elect released a statement yesterday saying Kennedy, who has been an outspoken critic vaccine mandates, will restore health agencies to the traditions of gold standard scientific research and beacons of transparency.
Speaker 4: The Houston Field Office of.
Speaker 5: The FBI announced yesterday that they prevented a Texas from carrying out a possible terrorist.
Speaker 4: Attack on Houston. The agency, says, Anna.
Speaker 5: Sayid is accused of attempting to provide material support to ISIS, admitting to planning a terrorist attack on US soil.
Speaker 4: He's alleged to have been researching.
Speaker 5: How to conduct attack, to conduct an attack on local military recruiting centers, and offering his home as a safe sanctuary to ISIS operatives. Any day we can publicly say that we prevented an attack on Houston, says the FBI's Houston office.
Speaker 4: That's a good day. That's what they posted on social media.
Speaker 5: There, All right, If you're hosting Thanksgiving dinner this year, here are a few things you should have crossed off your list with just underd two weeks ago.
Speaker 4: You need to know who's coming.
Speaker 5: A guest list, of sorts, how many people you gotta feed, a menu of course for what all those people are eating, a clean fridge and oven, and an inventory of your pantry and tableware.
Speaker 9: You know what.
Speaker 4: It's a big thing to host.
Speaker 5: So if you have a friend group, friend in your groups that's always hosting, make sure.
Speaker 4: You say thank you to them. So Rod, thank you for always hosting us.
Speaker 5: Sure you live in a premier spot. It's a lovely home, and you always, always, always, for some reason keep having these parties where we go and just for your house. It's awesome.
Speaker 1: Bring you know what you could bring is year. You could bring some of those like throwaway like not tupperware brand, but you know, like the one time used ones that are cheap. Bring some of those containers to the party. So then you know what I mean, the host of it home, because the host is going to want to get rid of some of that stuff, right, you know, bring them some of those things. That'd be awesome. Some containers already ready to go.
Speaker 4: Lindsay Vaughan is returning to skiing.
Speaker 5: The Olympic gold medalist is coming out of retirement ahead of the twenty twenty six Games in Italy.
Speaker 4: This was really exciting news for me to hear this morning.
Speaker 5: She told The New York Times she only reconsidered her return after she had a really successful knee replacement surgery seven months ago.
Speaker 4: She's forty years old.
Speaker 5: She last competed professionally and February twenty nineteen at the Alpine World Ski Championships in Sweden, where she wrong. She did win women's bronze medal in the women's downhill events, so she was the oldest woman to win a medal at a world championship. And uh, you know, we're I'm all for that. I'm all for rooting for Lindsey. Let's talk about Lincoln Park. Their album From Zero arrives today. It's their eighth album, but it is their first Withoutchester Bennington, so it is a new era with their new singer Emily Armstrong from Dead Sarah. Lincoln Park also announced their massive twenty twenty five world tour yesterday. No date in Houston. Rod still upset about that. A lot of people still upset about that. But those are Houston Tethnics.
Speaker 1: What you got In sports?
Speaker 7: On Thursday Night football, the Eagles beat the Commanders twenty six to eighteen. The Texans aren't gonna play until Monday, so you can enjoy a stress free Sunday if you're a Texans fan. In college foot Boston midle games in the schedule this weekend. Tonight, we got you of h taken on Arizona on the road. That'll kick off at nine to fifteen. You can watch it on FS one. Tomorrow, ut you'll play at Arkansas A and M's gonna host New Mexico State in the big game of the weekend is going to be number seven Tennessee at twelfth ranked Georgia. That'll kick off at six thirty on ABC. In basketball, Rockets are back in action tonight. They're gonna host the Clippers over at the Toyota Center, trying to extend that three game winning streak. Tipoffs is at seven o'clock and you can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. We've also got a big fight weekend ahead of US Tonight, Mike Tyson's gonna fox Jake Paul. That'll start at eight o'clock. You can watch it on Netflix. Jake Paul is the betting favorite right now about two to one odds. Right now, UFC three oh nine is tomorrow night. John Jones is gonna face Steve A. Miochic for the heavyweight title. Main card starts at eight. You can watch it on ESPN plus pay per view. That is what's going on in sports, The.
Speaker 1: Buzz Rock and All Tearing a univers The Rod.
Speaker 16: Ryan Morning Show six to ten Am.
Speaker 1: Aline, let's go. We've got a lot of We've got a lot to do this hour.
Speaker 9: All right, Bam Friday. You've got a free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday. And righte Bam Friday and Bam Friday and free Bam Friday.
Speaker 1: Ryan, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, Do Do Do Do? Good morning? Good morning. Oh there you are, dude. I hung in there. I was just getting ready to hang up on you. What's your name? Hey, what's up?
Speaker 24: Mother riding?
Speaker 1: This is Tony, Tony your caller number ten.
Speaker 8: Awesome.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna give you, uh the fourth and final case of beer. Okay, nice, all right, it is nice. It is nice. Where you from.
Speaker 12: Me?
Speaker 1: Say it again? Katie, Katie Texas Ktown. The best side went in the fourth and final case of here, Tony have a great weekend.
Speaker 6: Hang on for me, all right, it's nine to eight. I don't know how I'm gonna do all of this.
Speaker 1: Come on one more hour. You got time for a quick concert announcement.
Speaker 4: Always have time for a concert announcement.
Speaker 1: My brothers, the Goo Goo Dolls are coming back to town. Shoote the Summer Anthem tour. Dashboard Confessional is going to open up for the Dolls July seventeenth, Smart Financial Center at sugar Land.
Speaker 6: Tickets go on sale next Friday.
Speaker 1: It's awesome. You know this song left? What is it?
Speaker 4: What is the name of this song?
Speaker 1: Long way Down?
Speaker 6: It's on the Twister movie soundtrack, Ok, the original so from here?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's on the original Twister soundtrack Twisters with Glenn Powell.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Starts streaming on Peacock today. Oh nice, But yeah, this was I mean the Google Dolls used to rock. Man still rock they still. I don't think they do this live. They'll do this live for sure. All right, here's what I'm gonna do. I didn't talk about this with any of you yet. We have arrived on something called Blue Sky social media.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I've been hearing about this.
Speaker 1: Listen. I'm not leaving any other platform. This is not any kind of a boycott of You.
Speaker 7: Didn't want to come out and like put a notes app out like we are boycotting because of this.
Speaker 1: I'm not leaving X. I'm not leaving X.
Speaker 6: I'm not leaving because of the polity.
Speaker 1: I'm not leaving all the.
Speaker 6: Social media platforms that we're already on.
Speaker 1: I'm just like an idiot. I'm adding a new one. We're on Blue Sky. First person to find us on Blue Sky, I'll give you the Google doll tickets.
Speaker 4: That is so good.
Speaker 1: That is good good, like I know a christ. It says right there, it says, did you find us? Who's the first? Respond to that one?
Speaker 14: Right there?
Speaker 1: On Blue Sky? It's it's it's a social media platform. I don't have time to get into it right now, but it really mimics what Twitter now X.
Speaker 5: Well, remember I was telling you guys in trending yesterday that the AI function like you were able to opt out of them looking at your X account because he wants data for AI. I mean Elon Musk's totally into it. I mean he's trying to build a different future, and people are like not into that. So they are announcing their departure. But a lot of people like Ron are just going to do both.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm going to do both.
Speaker 6: I mean, you don't think those cars, those are not He even said those.
Speaker 5: Well, I have a robot car, Guys. He doesn't Tesla, he says.
Speaker 1: He doesn't sell cars, He sells robots. That thing is tracking everything and sending it back to michig control everything you do in your car.
Speaker 6: He is keeping track of. So again, I don't have time to get into.
Speaker 1: All of this stuff. If you find us on Blue Sky, if you're the first person, I'll give you the first pair of Google Doll tickets.
Speaker 25: All right, boy, it's gonna be a tough hour. Open phones for Iday, Open phones for Iday. More like open phones. Fry yay, Daniel, it's the first phone call.
Speaker 1: What you got bro?
Speaker 14: Hey, guys, how are you talk to me?
Speaker 15: Man?
Speaker 1: We're doing great?
Speaker 8: Hey, Oh ask it.
Speaker 1: I want to know from Alex some of the details on the spook Tacular.
Speaker 14: Me and Daisy were just talking about that the other day.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, we're doing a Saturday, December twenty first at Cobo's Downtown.
Speaker 1: Oh very cool down there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, dude, definitely come check it out.
Speaker 1: Cobos.
Speaker 7: I don't think it's going to be around after December, at least at that location. So this could be like, this is our last event at Cobo's and it's my favorite food, and that it's gonna be a lot of fun.
Speaker 6: So let me ask you this, let me cut in, Daniel, is your Spooktacular?
Speaker 1: Also?
Speaker 6: Does it timeout as your five hundred episode?
Speaker 7: No, it would be six hundred, but it's not a six hundred like five ninety six or something. Then later we'll do a six hundredth But yeah, I think we might. We're talking to Rosie about them maybe playing. They're definitely gonna be there, so we'll be talking with Rosie. So it's gonna be a fine event.
Speaker 1: That's huge.
Speaker 4: That's always awesome, awesome, and we always enjoyed every year. It's we're looking forward to appreciate you guys coming all the for that.
Speaker 1: That's Dallas. Daniel makes the drive him and Daisy.
Speaker 4: They're going to renfest you this weekend. Oh nice?
Speaker 1: Oh are they?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 4: You have the ro Ryan Show peeps there all right, man, I.
Speaker 1: Gotta take a break just because of all the stuff that we've already done. You guys are getting the whole rest of the hour. Okay, but I want to give you a chance at that Alternative income Saint Vincent tickets coming. I know the show plus at nine ish our last chance for you to go to Alter the Alter Ego Show, the National Contest. We're gonna have a trip to give away locally next week to Alter Ego. But we're gonna pack all this stuff in the nine o'clock hour. I'm so glad you guys are still hanging with us.
Speaker 22: Houston, Houston's Alternative All Day and The rod Ryan Morning shown.
Speaker 1: Eighty four to five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. Dallas Daniel who was on for Open Phones. Yeah, he was the first one to find us on Blue Sky.
Speaker 7: Like while he was talking to us, was he also creating a blue sky and follow us?
Speaker 1: He didn't mention that at all, but I said, eight arms. We did a concert announcement. We said, the Google Dolls are coming to town the Summer Anthem Tour with Dashboard Confessional July seventeenth. Sugar Lamb tickets will go on sale next Friday. We should have win them before they go on sale. All week.
Speaker 6: They gave me a pair for the announce and I said, I can't.
Speaker 1: The phone lines are packed full of beer people and open phones people.
Speaker 6: I can't use the phone lines. Blue Sky is this new word.
Speaker 1: It's not brand new like yesterday, but I got in yesterday. Blue Sky is something that looks eerily like Twitter and the X. I'm not leaving any other social I feel like I have to explain myself.
Speaker 6: I'm not leaving in protest.
Speaker 1: I'm not leaving any other social media platforms. I'm adding the new one. So I'm adding blue Sky. And I said, okay, who can find us on blue Sky? Dallas Daniel was the first one while he's on the phone.
Speaker 5: Thus insane Insane online Kid's.
Speaker 6: Flix Online ninety four five the muzz We went from having zero people to eighty nine followers.
Speaker 1: Yoh, blue Sky? All right, what you got over there, Alex?
Speaker 4: But I thought this was an appropriate one.
Speaker 7: There's a big fight tonight, Mike Tyson comacking on Jake Paul. So today's ay, Well it's Friday. You don't really want to do anything. We're just gonna play video games today. Play Mike Tyson punch Out. Let's do I want to play Mike Tyson punch Out? Do you remember all the all the guys, you gotta fight on. Mike Tyson punch out.
Speaker 1: One looks like Jake Paul whish one.
Speaker 4: Would that be the blond hair white guy.
Speaker 7: The white guy would block Aaron Ryan.
Speaker 6: One of them looks a little like Jake Paul.
Speaker 7: I mean you got Glass, Joe. Everybody knows Glass kick his ass the first round. Von Kaiser is the guy at the very end. But yeah, go go play some Mike Tyson punch out today. Kill some time getting ready for the fight. Maybe like why you're warming up.
Speaker 1: For the fight.
Speaker 7: You just play a little Mike Tyson during the undercard. Yeah, all that too, so it's perfect. Go check it out. Mike Tyson punch Out the worl Famous Rod Ryan Showpace the buzz dot Com.
Speaker 1: Hey you're in luck. It's Open Phones Friday.
Speaker 6: All right, enough of this new social media platform.
Speaker 1: The phones is what is this hour is all about? Joseph Open Phones Friday. You're on Buddy.
Speaker 6: Brother rad there's Joseph right there. What you got for us, dude, you're.
Speaker 1: On the air.
Speaker 26: Hey man, I'm gonna go hunting this weekend.
Speaker 24: I just want to let everyone know if you are to be safe out there, just keep your eyes peeled, though, gotta get that deer real good.
Speaker 1: So do hunters, now, do you walk around and look for deer or do you just sit up in a tree somewhere and wait for them to come to you? How does it work?
Speaker 24: My big ass is going to be in stand Honestly, my first time, my buddy Josh has taken me, okay, and every time of a gift for my wife.
Speaker 14: So I'm ready to go.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, first time ever hunting. I'm shotting guns and stuff than that before.
Speaker 2: But her me, I'm just ready for the beer, the moonshine, the whiskey, and maybe the deer.
Speaker 1: Okay, tell me where you're hunting to drinking. Tell me where you're hunting, and I'm going anywhere else.
Speaker 14: I'll be right here in my backyard.
Speaker 1: All right, Joseph, thank you, Good luck man. I'll take some summer sausage. Chris, you're next up on open phones. Good morning, fam, Hey Chris, what you got for us today?
Speaker 14: Well?
Speaker 1: I just wanted to kind of do a little PSA.
Speaker 21: Something that's been on my heart just thinking about Thanksgiving and Christmas coming up, is just you know, getting together with family and sitting around the dinner table. I know, me and my parents and my sister and her husband are coming in and I'm gonna have my kids there. We're I'm on different sides of the aisle as they are. And just a reminder for everyone just to remember, this is about family, It's about love, it's about giving thanks and spending time with everyone that's important to you, and just to kind of leave all that stuff at the door, and there's a time and place for it, and anything else.
Speaker 6: Is just circumvented by the time listen to your family. I agree with you one hundred percent, Chris. Does it need to be said?
Speaker 1: Like, does some sort of an announcement need to be made or just no going in Listen, guys, this is a politics free zone?
Speaker 6: Or you just hoping or are you just hoping that everybody does that? Does it need to be said?
Speaker 1: Is what I'm asking.
Speaker 21: I'm gonna I'm gonna, you know, text or talk with my dad, you know, just a couple of them offline and be like, hey, I know, you know you're gonna want to bring this up.
Speaker 1: But let's let's just not talk about that.
Speaker 21: Let's see, the dinner table isn't a place for politics or religion, and I all it comes down to Chris.
Speaker 1: That's a great PSA.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 1: I hope more. I hope a lot of people heard that and do that. Jason, your next up on open Phones. What you got. How's it going right? How's it going fam? Great? Jason you're on Hey man, I.
Speaker 2: Just wanted to say, Man, I listen to you guys every morning. You guys are awesome. Pollmentity time going through right now. I'm not in South Carolina, uh doing some hurricane clean up from Hurricane A Lean.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was at North Carolina about seven hours ago. So, uh, there's a lot going on out here with these people. There's a big company in charge and they're not letting anybody work. Well, so me and me and my crew, Yeah, me and my crew came up from Texas and we're not allowed to hit the streets and clean up. Well, there's a lot a lot going on ogres.
Speaker 1: So this kind of happened to us here. It's like there were ten different group now I'm just going to relate to it to here. I remember specifically, there were ten different groups running around calling themselves what the Cajun Navy? Well, which cage and navy are you? I had guys in my neighborhood that were giving the worst information ever. I again, nothing against the original group. I'm talking. I had a bunch of Yahoo's in my neighborhood with boats running around saying they were the Cajun Navy, and they said they're going to blow the levee.
Speaker 6: You got to get out of here. They're not blowing any levee in my neighborhood.
Speaker 1: They didn't. So who are these guys? So I imagine they're just trying to keep a handle. Jason, You're obviously you're a great person. You want to help out. I understand you're tensions are good, but there are people that are in charge that are like, hey, are we gonna just let everybody come in here?
Speaker 6: And we don't know who's a looter and who's who's got the best intentions.
Speaker 2: We had a we had a big contract with the main company that started to clean up. You reached our contract, yes, sir, Yes, well, but I.
Speaker 20: Just wanted to give you guys their heads up man, and like listeners in Houston, there's anything you guys can do to help you people out in North Carolina, they're bad. There's houses that got swept downstream, the river came up about forty five feet from the banks. Wow, and just completely in case businesses. These people living in tents and campers and stuff. Man, it's just stay a prayer for him.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you, Jason. You make us proud. You make all of us proud here in Texas that we're sending the best over there to help out. Marco. Good morning, Hell oh.
Speaker 8: Sorry, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 1: What you got for open phones?
Speaker 14: Dude?
Speaker 1: I want to talk about that. Drummers like the best drummers.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 7: I think one of them is the rev from A seven fool, like one of the best drummers out there.
Speaker 4: Well, it was before he passed away.
Speaker 1: Are you a Slipknot fan? How do you know?
Speaker 16: No?
Speaker 1: Are you a Slipknot fan?
Speaker 9: Though?
Speaker 1: Do you know?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Do you think Joey Jordanson was better?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I believe he's yeah, yeah better?
Speaker 1: Yeah, also passed away. But listen, I'm not saying that the guy from a Bene sevenfold is not a great drummer. Okay. To get to that level, you've got to be elite. I just don't hear his name being thrown around in any kind of a top ten list. I don't Joey Jordan's said. Joey Jordan said, I do. He's not around anymore either, you know, yeah, so, I mean John Bonham hasn't been around for thirty forty years now, and his name is still at the top of that list. You know, same thing when the guitar list, when did when did we lose Jimmy Hendrix. He's still at the top of the list, you know.
Speaker 27: So, yeah, some of them are better known than others. But you're right, Yeah, you're right, Thank you, Marco. I appreciate it. All right, that's another line open. I'm going to be back in two minutes hitting these phone lines. It's open phones Friday, seven one, three, two five.
Speaker 16: The rod Ryan Show Mornings on ninety four.
Speaker 1: Five, ninety four to five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. I told you I've said to be back in two minutes, two minutes to get back to your calls. It's open phones, Friday. I want to get all of you on. Anybody that's on hold right now, I want to get you on. Jordan Welch and the machine has been holding the longest. Jordan, good morning, Hey for.
Speaker 28: The Rod's been a minute, but I hope y'all are doing okay.
Speaker 6: Good to hear your voice bro on open phones. What you got going on tomorrow?
Speaker 28: I'm heading off the Fort Worth. Kind of sucks that this band isn't coming through Houston, but I'm going to see Iron Maiden for my fourth time with my wife.
Speaker 1: Yeah's gonna be greef. I remember you being on open Phones before talking about going to Maiden. You're a younger dude too. Who got you into them? Uh?
Speaker 28: Well, my cousins particularly he's a big metal head. But I remember I, believe it or not playing rock band back in the day and all these thousand songs, and Aiden was one of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the bands at least and tell everybody just thirty seconds, tell everybody how great a show because they put on a show, how great Iron Aiden is live?
Speaker 28: They always bring it, for sure, and every other tour it's like new stuff and then they go back to their hits and throwbacks and everything.
Speaker 1: The stage props are just out of this world. I recommend anyone, even if.
Speaker 14: You're up in the nosebleed, go watch them before they retire.
Speaker 1: Absolutely ten out of ten for sure, Thank you, brother. I can't wait to see some picks man. Make sure you make sure you take a few. Adam, you're next up on open phones. Good morning, Good morning. How are you?
Speaker 14: Brother? Rod?
Speaker 1: So great? And I want to say this too. Just one more thing on Iron Maiden now thought of as the band that is so it's it's almost laughable that they're not in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. It's like, that's the band that's at the top of the list, that is like the ultimate should be sure, they're the ultimate snub band right now, they should be in. Go ahead, Adam, I'm sorry, this is your time.
Speaker 6: So biscuits, biscuits. Okay, biscuits are on the table.
Speaker 8: Yeh, biscuits.
Speaker 1: So you know it's Thanksgiving, right, Yeah, everybody's getting ready.
Speaker 14: What's your favorite biscuit?
Speaker 1: Like, I like sausage biscuits. I just had one. Now, is when you when you talk about sausage biscuits, is that biscuits and gravy or those those sausage balls.
Speaker 14: No, that's just a piece of sausage on a biscuit.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, sausage on a biscuit.
Speaker 4: I don't even think of that as a Thanksgiving food. Sausage on a biscuit.
Speaker 14: But you could do that though, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, we need to start thinking about this.
Speaker 4: You could also put a halopenio on it, but it's not like a sausage Thanksgiving meal.
Speaker 1: So Adam, you're trying to say, let's take this off of our breakfast table and let's put this on our Thanksgiving table, biscuits with sausage exactly. If you say it better than I could ever put it, I don't know.
Speaker 5: Okay, well you know what, Let's do a pickle Let's also do a pickle spread at Thanksgiving.
Speaker 1: There's always been a pay I'm good with that too. Hang on a second. There has my entire life been a pickle plate. There's been a pickle plate. There's been dill olives and those sweet little numbers, the little delios.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, I want that too. But there's always been a there's been not here, not down in the South, that pickleplates. I think that's like an up North thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's always in some kind of a crystal that you don't even know where it's cats from. It's in a little crystal oval dish that's got some separators in it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that needs to make its way down here. Permanently.
Speaker 1: There has been a pickle plate at my Thanksgiving table. Yes, yes, yep, my entire life. Josh Tree, You're next up, Josh Tree. Good morning, broad Hey there you are. What's up?
Speaker 14: What's going on?
Speaker 12: All?
Speaker 14: Good morning?
Speaker 1: Sounds like you should be working, That's what it sounds like.
Speaker 28: What to do?
Speaker 14: Oh, I am at work? Okay. You know I had to go. I had to go back in, you know, while I was waiting on a hold.
Speaker 6: Yeah, listen, I know you're at work. Okay, you work.
Speaker 1: It sounds like you should be working, though.
Speaker 14: Than I am.
Speaker 1: That also sort of works for working my nerves.
Speaker 4: What do you want, Josh Tree?
Speaker 14: Not that much. I'm kind of excited about that fight tonight, I am. I really hope it's not scripted. I really do it is, though, you.
Speaker 1: Know that I don't think it's scripted.
Speaker 4: I think that they just know that.
Speaker 7: Like I think Jake Pont doesn't take this not thinking he's gonna win this, and I don't think Mike Tyson. I think Mike Tyson needs the money more than Jake Paul has a chance at losing.
Speaker 1: Well, let me ask you this, Alex, behind closed doors, when those contracts are signed and the money has talked about. Is it said not on paper? There's no paper trail of this. Nobody's recording this. Do they tell everybody, go listen, I want you on a seven or an eight. I don't want you on ten. I want you on a seven or eight. Let's put it. Let's put on a good show. And that's possible.
Speaker 7: But also he's like, it's closer to sixty. So it's like they're they know that you're not getting Tyson Tyson.
Speaker 4: But it's well, I don't spectacle.
Speaker 2: I don't see Tyson holding bad even if they tell him, like, hey, you know, only give the half for but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I said it earlier. I want Tyson to get his bell rung once. Forget about the deals, forget about the the gentleman's agreement, and I want him just I want them just to be classic Tyson.
Speaker 5: I think Jake Paul is playing a dangerous game getting in there, even if they have agreed to like take it easy on each other, like Jake Paul might and like his.
Speaker 4: Internal organs are gonna be hurting tomorrow.
Speaker 6: Right, we just don't know what kind of gas Tyson has.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and the gloves are different, so it's gonna be different than what Tyson's used to.
Speaker 1: All these videos that everyone's excited about, they're all thirty seconds long of Tyson throwing flurries of punches the heavyweight. They're thirty seconds long though.
Speaker 7: Okay, Jake Puls haven't been training for that to be able to just weather this and you'll be okay. And they're gonna do a lot of the hugging it out, but it's gonna make a Floyd made with It fight.
Speaker 6: I bet his whole his whole head got turned around yesterday with a slap.
Speaker 1: Okay. I don't know how he's I don't know if he couldn't feel it. Psycho Social is next up on Open Phones. Good Morning, Real good Mornings.
Speaker 10: I love that song anyway, And I wanted to talk about the most gorgeous woman in the world driving to work right now and so last in September, it was her birthday and I took her to see Till Linderman and we.
Speaker 2: Had a blast. It was a kick butt concert.
Speaker 6: But I also want to tell her who is this mystery woman?
Speaker 2: Oh, her name is Queen Bee.
Speaker 1: Of course, Queen Bee, Yeah, of course.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, And I'm an old man and she's younger than me and I love that.
Speaker 14: And she had a great time.
Speaker 2: That was that The concert made her cry when I showed her the tickets on the first of September.
Speaker 1: So how long have you been dating?
Speaker 14: Though?
Speaker 10: We actually have been living together for almost two years now.
Speaker 1: I ask what the age difference is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's seventeen years.
Speaker 6: Seventeen years, so you know, I'm happy. Yeah, you're happy, of course.
Speaker 1: You Well, that's awesome. You think she heard your message? Is she listening right now?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 8: Yeah, she's driving to work and she listens to you every day.
Speaker 2: So that's what she does on her transportation for an hour or two words. She gets to work around ten o'clock.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm thinking, Tessa, I don't psychosocial is having a good night?
Speaker 1: Oh my god. You know he's having a good night.
Speaker 4: I know what you're thinking.
Speaker 6: Oh, he's having a great nineteen.
Speaker 1: She's probably like Mountain Mounting. Hey, Lost Magnificos, Good morning.
Speaker 14: Brother Rod.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everyone's got on the Rod Lost Magnificos. Yes, sir, first time to call her longtime listener, Well, thank you.
Speaker 24: I've been listening to the Buzz when it was one of seventy five the rocket went through the Saved the Buzz campaign, and then twenty years ago you came into our lives here in Houston and just made it that much better.
Speaker 14: I appreciate you what you do.
Speaker 1: To the community.
Speaker 12: I listen all the time when I can.
Speaker 1: You've got a great team with you right now.
Speaker 24: I wish, I hope you'll have a great weekend and you know, after holidays listen.
Speaker 1: I don't think there's a better better named listener out there than Los Magnificos.
Speaker 4: I love that guy.
Speaker 1: This is Magnificos. Thank you, Thank you, dude. I want you to have a good weekend too. I appreciate the kind words. That's really nice. And I appreciate you listening all those years.
Speaker 20: And you're gonna go down to disc jockey you know, Hall of Fame in my opinion, Well.
Speaker 6: I don't know that and called yes, all right, dude, thank you, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Let's get one more on Robert. Good morning, Good morning family. How are you doing this morning? Great man? You're on open phones?
Speaker 14: What you got yees? Sir?
Speaker 28: I'd like to uh.
Speaker 8: I called it.
Speaker 1: The reason really reason why.
Speaker 8: I was calling is, first of all, I've been a longtime listener day one.
Speaker 26: Thank you And just like the gentlemen prior to you know, to me, you guys are amazing and I love what I do for the not only the community, but for the kids.
Speaker 1: Well. But we get a lot of help from you guys doing all of these things. You know, I mean, all of this money and these big checks that we keep sending. It's not my money, it's it's your money. So it's it really is. It's back at you. Thank you.
Speaker 6: This community is the most generous I've ever been a part of in my entire life.
Speaker 1: So go ahead, Robert, Yes, I want to.
Speaker 8: I'm one of that.
Speaker 26: I wish my wife a tenth anniversary ten years, baby, ten years.
Speaker 2: So it's been an amazing.
Speaker 26: It's been an amazing ten years for us both because we both we're.
Speaker 6: Blended family, so we have five kids.
Speaker 26: Together and seven grand kids.
Speaker 6: This is what stresses me out, dude, this is what stresses me out.
Speaker 1: You've been with her forever, you guys have experienced the world beautiful related. What do you get her? What do you that's me I'm stressing out right now. What do you buy her? She has everything she needs, she has you. I don't want to I don't want to ruin any kind of surprised in case she's listening, but can you share with us? I mean, is there a president you summarize ten years in a gift?
Speaker 26: Let's just say ten years of house?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, one, that's a good one.
Speaker 4: You're gonna build it yourself even better with his hands.
Speaker 26: Yeah, we both we both actually uh put together our money and got ourselves at home.
Speaker 6: And you know, I'll tell you what, it's been one of the most great.
Speaker 26: Blessing years that I've ever had. And you know, it's just challenging, but you know what, this stuff together here we are.
Speaker 1: I we couldn't have ended. That was fantastic with a better called Robert Happy Anniversary, Thank you sir than Man's. That's why I say it's the best hour of radio on the radio. Okay, So we're gonna leave you with some tickets to Saint Vincent. She Her tickets go on sale today at ten o'clock. We'll tell you about that show. But then right here is that Alter Ego show. This is the show that's out in California that we're giving you a chance to win. It's a national contest and man, if we could get a winner today, that would be huge. Good Luck, Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative and The Rod Ryan Morning Show. Ninety four five The Buzz Red Hot Chili Peppers, Tessa says, that's the best lead singer you're ever gonna hear, the greatest lead vocalist in the history of rock. Yes, is that what you said earlier?
Speaker 4: I didn't say that at all. I said you.
Speaker 1: Said the No, the guitar player was your favorite?
Speaker 5: I said John Rashanie probably my favorite sitar bass player?
Speaker 1: Was your favorite?
Speaker 4: Basis Plea probably is the best basic based player around.
Speaker 6: Show Who's your favorite drummer?
Speaker 5: And then and then I and then I went Selena Kingsnia Petnaz for.
Speaker 4: My for my vocalist.
Speaker 1: Why not Chili Peppers for your favorite singer? Good morning everybody. Now we're gonna wrap up this free beit Friday. We gotta go man ten percent chance to rain sunny skies today, high of seventy six.
Speaker 3: I know this show.
Speaker 1: On ninety four five The Buzz La La La la la la la la la la la La. Good morning, Kevin, Hey, good morning, good morning, Welcome to know the show. Tessa, what's your question?
Speaker 4: Hey, what's stressing rot out.
Speaker 1: Well, oh, the pathetic Buffalo Bills. Since when is eight and two pathetic? I would say most teens would love to be pathetic eight and two.
Speaker 6: We would take well, I'd love to see the Texans pummel them.
Speaker 1: Well, let me tell you, the Texans got their own thing going on Monday. But yeah, you're right, you did win the show. I'm really worried to make sure. I want, you know, I want Taylor Swift have a good time in Buffalo. That's what's really stressing me out. Kevin Wins, what are you giving them?
Speaker 5: You get the tickets to see Saint Vincent on her All Born Screaming Tour the Sha.
Speaker 1: All right, dude, awesome, awesome, thank you so much.
Speaker 19: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Get out of here. Don't ever call again pathetic. Get out of here, Alex. I need some music.
Speaker 14: Proud of you.
Speaker 1: I could have used a little more cow bell. You're gonna want that cow bell. I gotta have more cow bell.
Speaker 14: Baby.
Speaker 1: I got a fever and the only prescription is more cow bell. The Buffalo Bills are just the right team to end this Kansas City nonsense, this unbeaten street.
Speaker 7: You see Harrison platkers out, Yeah, so maybe the Chiefs miss a field goal.
Speaker 6: Maybe Colin Blewett. This morning, Sean Connery is back.
Speaker 1: He beat him. Good game. Sean Connery can get into the Tournament of Champions. And that's what Alex is banking on right now. We're talking about the fresh out of bed Head to Head Challenge we play every morning at six to twenty. You should get up early and join us. Open Phones what a great I mean, I know it wasn't a lot because we had so many other things going on, so many different elements, but Open Phones was quality today. Man, it was really good. Thank you Specs for the beers. Fanny Friday was our number one link today. A lot of things. It's giving talk, drummer talk. I'm still getting emails about drummers. I love it. It's National Drummer Day. Google Dolls announced today at nine o'clock. Dashboard Confessional is going to open July seventeenth out in sugar Land. Tickets go on sale next Friday, so hopefully next week we can do a win them before they go on sale. Situation all week long. Rod Ryan Show replayed tomorrow morning from six until late. Ali is in for Jeremy. She's got the NonStop nooner, new past. The gravy went up this week at Rod Ryan Show on All Socials Now on Blue Sky.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not blue chee. That was chili. Yeah, it was Chilly and his boner pills. This is Blue Sky. It's a new chili, the blue cheese. Blue Sky is a new social media platform. We're not leaving any other ones. We're just adding this one. Testa's on Houston Life today at one o'clock. I mean, that's it, man, that's it. We got to go have a great weekend. Everybody who wins the fight tonight, Jake Paul, Jake Paul wins. Yeah, anybody get knocked out? No, no, those gloves are too big. Yeah, I agree with you on that. All right, guys, have a great weekend. AMF. Well, wasn't that fun?
Speaker 13: If you missed any of the show today, All the Good Stuff will Be podcast. Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com.