Speaker 1: One thing about this gene is the invisible and tangibles that they have.
Speaker 2: This team is really becoming a family.
Speaker 3: Let's not play one on Tom.
Speaker 4: Let's wind it.
Speaker 1: I love writing me these guys after the show. So just thank you, give me are.
Speaker 5: Your attention, your fire and not a pisson.
Speaker 6: This is world champion, Dodgers, world champion thing. It put a small soft time they get a people what they want to.
Speaker 5: Die in a row two is special. I'm like, yeah, it's not a headache.
Speaker 6: One of a con.
Speaker 5: This ball's gone. You ready to go?
Speaker 7: Time go to the South, grab your phone to get in on the show called eight six six nine eighty seven two five seven.
Speaker 5: And go to the show.
Speaker 7: And now your host of Dodger Talk, David Vasse.
Speaker 6: We are live at Dodgers Stadium after the Dodgers come from behind and beat Max Freed and the Yankees tonight eight to five. The final score. Phone lines are open at eight six seven two five seventy. We will hear from Freddie Freeman, we will hear from Aaron Judge, and we will hear from you after an exciting night here at Dodgers Stadium in front of a capacity crowd of fifty three thousand, two hundred and seventy six, which saw Max.
Speaker 5: Freed lose his first game of the year.
Speaker 6: Max Freed has been right up there with Trek Skouobel as the best pitcher in baseball. He has been absolutely dominant this season, and he was dominant the first five innings of the game tonight, but the Dodgers got to him in the sixth inning. They scored four runs against Max Freed, and the Yankees bullpen the mess that he left them, they were not able to get out of it, and the Dodgers added two more in the seventh inning and beat the Yankees in game one of this three game series and the first game of this seven game homestand eight to five the final score. And man, this this game had everything. If you came to this game tonight, you got everything in more as far as your money's worth when it comes to the two best teams in baseball, a World Series rematch of two stored franchises, and having all the star power you can have in one baseball game, and like I mentioned earlier, to have Otani and Aaron Judge, the reigning American League and National League MVPs in the same game in a World Series rematch, and then Judge to hit a home run, a monster shot to the batter's eye and straightaway center field to get this crowd buzzing. And then for Otani to say, ah, you're not gonna upstage me in my home stadium.
Speaker 5: Whack.
Speaker 6: He tied the score with his own home run, his twenty first of the season, the first of two home runs tonight to spark the Dodgers. Otani now has fifteen home runs in the month of May. This is the first time in baseball history baseball history, the reigning MVPs homered in the first inning of the same game. Judge and Otani came to play tonight, and O'tani certainly is like I mentioned during the Clubhouse Show, He's one of those players the Michael Jordan's, the Magic Johnson's the Tiger Woods that when the stage and the lights are the brightest, whether it be regular season Tokyo, you know your babb allhead night. O'tani seems to rise to the occasion and understands why there is a capacity crowd. They're here for him, they're here to watch him do spectacular things, and he certainly gave them that tonight with two home runs, and he has twenty two on the season, that leads Major League Baseball. Otani last year, a fifty to fifty player, for the first time in baseball history, hit fifty four home runs. He's on pace two eclipse that by a lot. Sho Haotani is on pace to hit sixty three home runs this year and is on pace for one hundred and seventy three runs scored. He has scored sixty already, becoming the first player in modern history to score sixty runs before the month of June. This guy is from another planet. And you know, I was talking to Cody Bellinger and Taoscar Hernandez before the game, and they both said the same thing. There are good players in the game, but Aaron Judge and Sho Haotani are just on a different level. And we saw tonight Judge with the home run in the first inning, Otani with two home runs, Tonight Judge laying out to rob Taoscar Hernandez late later in the game. I mean, that's a large human being to be laying out to make a diving catch in right field. Showed you that no matter how much both sides were trying to downplay this series. Both sides wanted to win this game. Both sides want to win this series. So that's just baseball player talk. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number we will hear from Aaron Judge and Freddie Freeman.
Speaker 5: Again. Freddy's just remarkable.
Speaker 6: I mean, I feel like he gets lost in the show, The Otawani Show. But Freddy Freeman is just one of the best hitters we have ever seen. In this game three for four tonight, he leads to the National League with a three sixty eight batting average at age thirty six and ops over one thousand two more doubles. Tonight, he has the forty eighth most doubles in baseball history five hundred and twenty four, tying him with Ken Griffy Junior. Two more doubles for Freddie Freeman will pass Ted Williams and Willie Mays. We're watching greatness on a nightly basis here at Dodger Stadium. Eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers come from behind and beat the Yankees eight to five. It's their nineteenth come from behind victory this year. Let's go out to Fullerton. Richard lead us off tonight live from Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 8: Hi Richard, Hi Dave, how are you.
Speaker 6: I'm doing great, much better than last Wednesday or a couple of days ago.
Speaker 9: Now I hear you.
Speaker 10: Hey, I was just driving home from the game. What an electric atmosphere. I just want to make a comment regarding Tony Goslin. He showed me a lot. I mean, you know, where I was sitting up, people were yelling and screaming for Roberts to replace him.
Speaker 6: In a third we might have been in the same section because I went to go visit my wife and kids.
Speaker 5: They were in the field section.
Speaker 6: Nineteen, and I had everybody saying, get rid of this guy.
Speaker 5: Pull this guy.
Speaker 6: It's like he's hanging in there against one of the best teams in baseball.
Speaker 10: He is, And then he showed his resilience. But you know, throwing those three innings and he really extended, really died. I think give him kudos for the game because I think that was the game where he gave him the length that they needed to get to the bullpen. So it's probably a hard lesson for him, but he did settle down and so I think we should give Tony Goslin kudos for that, because let's keep for tonight's win, all.
Speaker 5: Right, Richard, thanks for the phone call.
Speaker 6: Incredibly, Tony Gonsolin gave up four home runs in the first three innings of tonight's game, the one to Judge in the first inning, and then the one to Wells and Grisham and Paul Goldschmidt. Tony Gonsolin became the first Dodger pitcher in two years to surrender four home runs in.
Speaker 5: The same game.
Speaker 6: The pitcher that did that two years ago, his name was Tony Gonsolin. Yeah, Tony Gonsolin has that distinction. But he hung in there. He put up zeros the final three innings. He was in there and went six innings and incredibly got the win tonight. He's three and one. Max Freed takes his first loss of the year. He is seven and one, and Max is a great kid, and I know he wanted to come in here and do things, and he was up until that sixth inning. Let's go out to Kenny, who is at Dodger Stadium tonight. Hi, Kenny, you're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 7: Hey, David, first time calling this year. Keep up your enthusiasm for Freddy. I think Ted Williams had about a three eighty eight average, even older than Freddy, and won the batting title in the late fifties. But Freddy is certainly underappreciated. But the primary reason why I'm calling is to talk about the sixth inning. Dace is loaded? What out? Miggy Rojas is up? Yeah, show hail Calli's on deck.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know what you're thinking.
Speaker 7: Eight side. Where was it takes time? This happened last year too, and I haven't had times they just got home. I think it was in the playoffs, a similar situation. And actually I think Bureau against the pod that's right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I know what you're You're not the only one thinking that, Kenny.
Speaker 5: You're not the only one thinking.
Speaker 6: That a take sign, uh, even a strikeout is better than a double play right there? Yeah, I would have I would have put the red light on Migey Row right there, or maybe even Dave Roberts does this was it time for a suicide squeeze, safety squeeze something? And when you got the bases, uh, when you got runners on base like that, I mean that's something to consider, but certainly at the very least.
Speaker 5: How about a take sign.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, there's been so few times this year Rachel has come up, uh, certainly with the bases loaded. I mean for him to have twenty two homans, you can correct me if I'm wrong. I think he only has thirty seven r eyes, which for that amount of home runs, it's just you'll never find a guy with twenty home runs who's had less than forty yard eyes. Now, it's right, primarily hasn't been hitting.
Speaker 6: Well, that's maybe the I mean, it's hard to say take him out of the leadoff spot because he does what he did tonight and he's getting a lot more at bats, but unlike last year, he's coming up leading off innings and a lot of times nobody on base. So yeah, I mean that's that's part of the catch twenty two right now for the Dodgers. And uh, Mookie Betts is going to be out for the rest of the series. According to Dave Roberts, he told Dylan hernandez Muki did that he did suffer a fracture on his uh left index toe, so uh, it's a pain tolerance thing. But hopefully he's back on Monday or sooner. Kenny thanks for the phone call. Eight six six nine seven two five seventies the phone number. Dodgers come from behind to beat the Yankees night eight to five in front of us sellout crowd here at Dodger Stadium. It was electric right in the first inning after Judge and O'tani hit their home runs. Fifty three thousand, two hundred and seventy six. Let's go out to Bellflower. David, You're on Dodger Talk Live from Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 11: Hi, David, Hey, how's it going?
Speaker 3: David?
Speaker 11: I just want to say, although Gossling gave up five runs, the balls flying tonight, so like Jeeves and it really was it seems like we would have to go into the pen early tonight. He grinded do it pretty well and it got us to six innings, which we really needed. That's can't do all around. Even Cafordo got a hit. But really, what I want to talk about was Robert's decision to put in Tenner Scott at what seemed to be a four out, save opportunity for him just to pitch the la make.
Speaker 6: I don't believe he was ever, No, he never had intentions of a four out. Say we have a monitor here that we could see the bullpen and who's warming up. Alex Vesia was already stretching out for the ninth innings, so he never had any intentions of a four out save for Tanner Scott.
Speaker 11: Okay, But I feel like that would also go through what I was about to say right now. I feel like maybe I wouldn't necessarily say that's a statement, but not necessarily not naming him the closer anymore. But if he can't get it done in the ninth, but if he can get it in other ways to utilize the seventy four million dollar arm, maybe just to put him in the eighth inning to build his confidence back up day by day.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's what he was trying to do in Cleveland as well on Wednesday. But yeah, I mean, look, this happens to a lot of relief pitchers. Sometimes you can't find it for a stretch of time, and managers put you in a lower leverage situation until you do.
Speaker 3: It.
Speaker 6: Happened to create kimberl, it happened to Kenley Jansen. It happens to a lot of them. So that's the situation that Dave Roberts put him into tonight.
Speaker 5: We'll see where it goes from here.
Speaker 6: But one other part of that equation was I would have brought Tanner Scott in a batter earlier to face Jason Deminge, who was not very good against lefties this year. He's only hitting a buck fifty seven against lefties. So I would have brought Tanner Scott a better earlier than that. And you know, Ben Casparras has been outstanding. But if you're trying to go at the matchups, I would have brought in Tanner Scott to face Dominguez, who is not very good against lefties. And you know, speaking of Tanner Scott, obviously it was circulating around that my passion, my emotions, my care for Tanner for the Dodgers maybe went a little bit overboard, but I felt like I got my point across. I was led to believe, though, that the reporters that went into the clubhouse in Cleveland h just were ghosted by Tanner Scott.
Speaker 5: That wasn't the case.
Speaker 6: Tanner Scott was at his locker looking at his phone, and the reporters chose poorly bad judgment to go talk to Alex Vesia. The guy to talk to immediately was Tanner Scott, and I don't blame him for, you know, not waiting around, but he had no idea what was going on. And I apologized to Tanner Scott because I didn't have all the facts. And here was me and Tanner Scott before the game today, me apologizing.
Speaker 5: On the record, and I wanted to share it with you.
Speaker 6: Tanner Scott. I'm apologizing to you on the record. I'm a stand up guy.
Speaker 5: I know there's a reason.
Speaker 6: Uh, you explained to me the situation, and I want to apologize to you for saying that you weren't available to speak to the media in Cleveland.
Speaker 5: Oh, I was available. I was just waiting.
Speaker 12: I was waiting.
Speaker 5: I didn't know they talked to Vesia. Exactly.
Speaker 6: If you knew that, you would have grabbed him away from Vessia.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I mean I didn't know they went up to Vesia. Why would they go out to Vessia when it was my guys on base and he came in situation?
Speaker 5: I bet I just wore exactly. Are we still good? We still got love? All right?
Speaker 6: Perfect? Thanks a lot love hate relationship with Tanner Scott. Stand up guy, And after our conversation today, I am I am really rooting.
Speaker 5: For this guy.
Speaker 6: I think we all have to take into account that he's in a big market with the brightest lights of any baseball team out there, and it's new to him, and he will get it going.
Speaker 5: He will get it going.
Speaker 6: And I feel like Dodger fans after hearing that, and I apologize to him on the record for not having all the facts. Hopefully he gets things going because the Dodgers need him. They need him now with how thin their bullpen is. And also the news before the game that Evan Phillips season is over. His arm was not responding and he is going to have Tommy John surgery next week. Eight six six, nine seven, two five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers beat the Yankees tonight eight to five. Let's go out to Pasadena.
Speaker 5: Darryl. You're on Dodger Talk live from Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 4: Hi, Darryl, Hey, this this has to be one of the deep This managed game got everything. Dave Roberts, leaven Tony Gotlinian how to give it a full and he he settled down. Then bringing in Tennis Scott to face one hitter, one hitter and get him out and bringing in Bessiel with a clean to a cleaning it and that was beautiful and being the one thing we don't think about was Dino emos Finn and Freddy Freeman with two out in Well.
Speaker 6: I was holding my breath on that, fred I told Freddy after the game. I was holding my breath when he was sliding feet first with that right ankle into home play. But yeah, Dino is one of the most aggressive bass coaches out there, and he has a thought before the pitch is even thrown, two pitches, two thoughts before two pitches are thrown. So yeah, uh, Dino is the best third base coach out there, and that was the right send. And look, Dino Dino is is right a lot. And Freddie Freeman coming to score with his daddy long legs getting in before the tag.
Speaker 5: That was spectacular.
Speaker 6: And once he popped up and was smiling, I exhaled, and I feel like the sellout crowd of fifty thousand plus we're exhaling as well, because look, Freddy told us two road trips ago, he told me during a pregame conversation that it takes him an hour and a half to get treatment on his ankle, on his rib to make sure everything's good for the game, and he even told us after the game that he'll have to get more treatment after tonight. Here was Freddy Freeman moments after the Dodgers got the final out of tonight's game, eight to five over the Yankees. Freddie Freeman, can you just talk about the energy in the stadium and how you guys do what you do and come back.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 13: I mean, we obviously knew coming into this series and a lot of people we are gonna be coming this game, a lot of people talking about just like it was last October. I think I've been doing interviews about this upcoming series for a week now, so obviously if people were very interested. But you know, bitting Max Free that's extremely hard to do. It's top by pitcher in the game. But we have Shoey Tan and hitting homers and Tony giving us six innings and cutting it out. I was huge for our bull fan going into games at thirteen in a row. So there's a lot of good things that happened tonight.
Speaker 5: What changed in that sixth inning against Free?
Speaker 13: I wish I had real answers, you know, it's just you know, show I had a home run and then you know, Tayo and Will got on base with singles, and I kind of was just looking syncer in because I figured he was gonna try and get a double play, and you know, I was able to lift one there and we were able to kind of keep it rolling there and get four runs off of Max. It's really hard to do and that was huge for us, and we obviously got a couple more insurance runs the next inning.
Speaker 6: Freddy, you double to add some insurance runs in the seventh inning. But I gotta be honest with you, I think the sellout crowd was very nervous with you sliding feet first into home plate tonight.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 13: I mean once Dino sent me, I was like, I gotta make it so but I'm doing okay. I'm gonna get some TLC in the training room after this game, but I'm just glad I was able to make it.
Speaker 6: Freddy, what a game, what a night, What a player. Freddie Freeman the man.
Speaker 5: Appreciate you, David, Thank you very much. There he is the World Series MVP.
Speaker 6: Freddie Freeman coming up big again tonight with sho Hao Tani to beat the Yankees eight to five, eight six, six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. We have two lines open. Let's go back out to the phones. Armando and Norco. You're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 7: How you doing?
Speaker 5: Armando?
Speaker 1: Great?
Speaker 9: David, how you doing?
Speaker 6: Can't get better than tonight except the World Series win? Oh right, they did that last year.
Speaker 9: That's right, that's right.
Speaker 5: Listen.
Speaker 9: I'm going to echo a lot about Tony Gonsolin and sticking with him. Obviously, our bullpen is hurting, Our entire pitching staff's hurting. We can't blame management. They've done a phenomenal job going out and signing these these phenomenal pitchers, but unfortunately people are down. But one thing I want to say that I read tonight, there's nine innings in baseball, and you cannot give up on these Dodgers. These Dodgers are resilient, they can hit. We have probably four first Ballot Hall of Famers in our starting lineup, so you know, it's just awesome to see our team out there fight every inning to come back. And there's just a testament to the front office and what our management's doing. Dave did a great job managing that team tonight, and my hat's off to the Dodgers.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean to come back nineteen times this year, Armando. That says a lot about the resiliency of this team, and a lot of other teams would pack it in after those first three innings. The starting pitcher would have packed it in, the offense would have packed it in. The Dodgers did not do that tonight, and they haven't done it all season long, no matter how many runs they're down in the ninth inning. And that says a lot about a veteran group there that already won the World Series. So I'm with you one hundred percent. And the Dodgers have nineteen come from behind victories. And like I said, I know we get so focused on pitching, and yes, pitching and defense as we saw last year wins championships. But this Dodger offense is one of, if not the best offense in baseball, even without Mookie Betts in the starting lineup tonight. You have Freddie Freeman, the National League batting average leader right now, one of the best hitters of his generation, if not the best. You have a generational player in shoe Otani, not to mention complimented by guys like Taascar, Hernandez Tommy Edmund will Smith, who is so quiet that he doesn't get the recognition he deserves either. I mean will Smith two for four tonight with two runs scored. He was a big part of the four run sixth and the two run seventh. He's hitting three forty three this year. I mean the Dodgers are loaded offensively, not to mention the emergence of young Andy Paiez, so, I mean they have the guys, but they don't give up. They don't give away at bats, and that's a big part of it. And for the Dodgers, I mean, their offense is going to help them get through through this rough patch of thin bullpen. Uh maybe starting pitching that's not always going to look pretty.
Speaker 5: And the Dodger offense won this game tonight.
Speaker 6: And Tony Gonsolin deserves a lot of credit as well for hanging in there. Eight six six nine seven two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to Alpine. A Joy, you're on Dodger Talk. How you doing a.
Speaker 3: Joy Dale A lot better after tonight?
Speaker 1: Man a lot better?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, I'm almost wondering.
Speaker 14: Do you think that when Judge laid out you hear you heard the clank that we were listening to yesterday. I'm just wondering if what went through his head.
Speaker 5: Lad it's May.
Speaker 6: May is when Judge thrives. You know, October ain't his month. May he loves.
Speaker 3: May, of course. But you know what, David, it's been a I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: I can't hate on Judge. He's a great player. I'm not gonna hate on Judge.
Speaker 3: He's a great player, not at all, not at all.
Speaker 14: But we had to get our rib shots in, right, and I appreciate it every baseball fan as well. So uh but but all that aside, been the up and down week for Dodger baseball. So many emotions as you've been involved, right, and uh, you know, I appreciate the minutia of baseball, the way it's covered by somebody like yourself, the way it's played, and it's close to the fundamentals. And we're a fundamental baseball team. Man taking a lead on a walk feels like such a Dave Roberts era Dodger.
Speaker 3: Team thing to do. And whether it's Max Fried and a lineup like ours, Michael Comforter taking the walk, whatever, you see, these people get hated on. They get all the stuff.
Speaker 14: Thrown at them by all of us, right, But on nights like tonight, they go back to the fundamentals and they get a W, a huge W on national television.
Speaker 3: And you know what it is. I didn't want to throw your boy, Don Trill. I heard you earlier on Petros. I'm glad you guys squaw.
Speaker 6: He anyway, anyway, I'm just playing a joy. Yeah, I'm with you. And it was a great night. And I love when you call, so call back any time. Gotta move on. We got a full border calls eight six, six, nine to eighty seven, two five seventy is the phone number.
Speaker 5: Look, that's true.
Speaker 6: In the sixth inning, the way the Dodgers took the lead was not on a base had or a double to the gap. It was Michael Conforto being patient against a new relief pitcher coming into the game and Tim Hill, who has been pretty good for the Yankees, but he got behind Conforto two to zero with the bases loaded. And if you've heard this show over the years, I've been told by some pretty good managers it's not a good idea to bring your relief picture in with no margin for air. And Aaron Boone did that. He intentionally walked Max Munsey to get to Conforto loading the bases, and there was no margin for air for a book, for a relief pitcher coming out of the bullpen, No matter how good he's been this year, there's just no.
Speaker 5: Margin for air. I'm not a fan of that. I am not a fan of that.
Speaker 6: Eight six six eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers beat the Yankees tonight eight to five. Let's head downstairs right now to the Yankees clubhouse to hear from Aaron Judge on the Yes Network.
Speaker 15: Just what did it feel like to strike right away like that?
Speaker 8: It was good?
Speaker 12: You know, boys came out swinging. That was put atmosphere. That's what you want to play in. But anytime you got Max shot on the mountain and try to get you know, get one or two runs, kind of get an early lead and kind of let him do the rest mentioned free.
Speaker 15: This is the first time we've kind of seen seen him struggle a little bit this season. Just overall, how do you think he'll be able to bounce back? And what did you think of him tonight?
Speaker 12: Ah, He's gonna be fine. I wouldn't say that's struggling. You know, he's been the best pitcher in the game all year, and you know he's going up against a great ball club with you, I was gonna put up some great at bats against you, you know, all night long. So he went out there in battle. You know you're gonna have games like this. But you know, we got all the confidence in the world and Max and what he's able to do, and you know, looking forward to him being out there and you know another five days much.
Speaker 15: To look at the guy on the other side and show hey, O tany and try to kind of match him and what he's doing. You hit the home run, he hits the home run, you hit a double, making some plays in the outfield.
Speaker 12: I felt he was copying me and I started, no, it's just he's impressive. You know, he's one of the best players in the game for a reason. You know what he can do in the box, you know, on the base path. You know, once he gets back on the mountain, it's it's it's it's special. But it's truly just about two good ball clubs going after it. And you know we weren't able to come away with a win there. But I'll be ready to go tomorrow.
Speaker 9: Sir, extra excitement at all when it's MVP versus MVP is a kind of a sideshow to Yankees.
Speaker 12: Dodgers's trying not to think about it. You know, I got to I got a job to do on the field. You know, I got to make plays. You know, of course some runs for the team. You try not to get too too hyped into that. That's for you guys to do, and I got a job to do on the field.
Speaker 6: Aaron Judge all class, speaking to the New York media on YES Network after the Dodgers come from behind and beat the Yankees eight to five. By the way, Aaron judge is home run in the first inning, it went an estimated four hundred and forty six feet to straightaway center field. I have not seen a ball, even by Otani, go that far to straightaway center field. I feel like it actually hit the batter's eye in straightaway center field. I've never seen anybody hit that structure out there, but at the very least, it looked like it glanced off of it. Eight six six nine, eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. We have phone lines open. Now's the time to get in We're with you until midnight live from Dodgers Stadium. Jose Mota is going to join us in ten minutes. We'll also get into Evan Phillips and the trade the Dodgers made yesterday to bring in some relief reinforcements. Eric in Hollywood, you're on Dodger Talk with David vasse Hi, Eric.
Speaker 2: Dodger, Nick Shure, DV Yankee suck bro. The Dodgers own the Yankees. They live rent free in their heads. DV Seed on Tawani match judge in the first inning was assigned that the Dodgers are gonna fight. Man, We're gonna fight. Max Freed getting his first loss against US Bliss, shout out to Dave roberts Man. Dave roberts been getting a lot of flak, but championships are won in October, not May. Glad he put in Scott and Vestia into the game.
Speaker 8: Man, it was hot.
Speaker 2: It was a hot situation. They rose to the challenge. Man, I don't have Apple, I don't have Apple Plus. And I did get I did get tickets to this game.
Speaker 8: But I had a.
Speaker 2: Friend come in out of town and he's never seen the Yankees play.
Speaker 3: And I was at.
Speaker 2: Game one World Series twenty twenty four, and I've already shared that with you, and it means the world to me to have been there to that game. So this game, I was more than happy to share it with somebody else. But I mean got to give a shout out to Goslin Man he battled Man four home run and man, he just stayed in there and he was like, man, I got I got a battle. And I love that. You gotta love that. And I mean, I hate to bring this up, but Max Bombgarner kind of like that attitude, like you see me in there, Man, I got this.
Speaker 3: Just give me some rhymes.
Speaker 11: I'll support you, got you, you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: All Right, I love that.
Speaker 6: Thank you for the phone call. Uh, you don't have to fade him out. Let him say goodbye.
Speaker 5: Eric. I gotta move on, but a great phone call. Appreciate it.
Speaker 11: Much love to you, DV.
Speaker 2: Keep doing your thing, brother, keep doing your things, all.
Speaker 5: Right, appreciate it.
Speaker 6: Eric eight sixty six nine eighty seven two five seventy is the phone number. Speaking of Apple, You know I have an extra twenty twenty five Official Major.
Speaker 5: League rule Book.
Speaker 6: If you're a good caller, I'll get Rick Monday to sign this rule book and send it to you. Eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to see me, Valley Dan, You're on Dodger Talk Live from Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 16: Hi Dan, Hey, Hey Dave. But thank you to take my call. And I want to appreciate you for all that you do for US fans and Dodger Nation. And you're always in the front lines and you're right there, and hey, I mv you. But at the same time, I don't end you. So I just want to talk about Tanner Scott and how Dave Roberts just put him in there, and and I know it must be tough for him. I know it must be tough for Tanner Scott to come in this on the bright lights, on the big stage, and I have to to compete at the level that the Dodgers compete at. You know. I feel for the guy. I get frustrated with him, but hey, it's not his fault. This is Dodgers, this is this is this is the Dodgers, is the world champion, the class franchise. And that's all I want to say about that. And I appreciate Roberts letting him go what he's going through. Our Dodger our bullpen has battered, bruised, and we're bandaged up. So I want to see him do well. I really do, and I thank you for taking my.
Speaker 5: Call, my pleasure.
Speaker 6: Dan and one of his guests at Dodger Stadium tonight was former Raider and Saints quarterback Derek Carr. Got to see him before the game during batting practice. He's a big Dodger fan. I got invited to Raiders' training camp when Derek Carr was part of the Raiders and John Gruden was still the head coach, and Derek told me then that he grew up a big Dodger fan.
Speaker 5: So Derek was out here with his wife.
Speaker 6: And kids wearing you know, I knew he's a real Dodger fan because his Dodger cap was weathered. That's how I knew Derek Carr was legit. He had a weathered LA Dodger cap, nothing brand new like he used to see the Cubs fans wearing around LA in twenty sixteen, eight six six, nine eighty seven, two five seventy is the phone number when we continue more of your phone calls. Jose Mota will check in, and also we will let you hear from Dave Roberts and Andrew Freeman about the acquisition they made yesterday. It may not have been on your radar, but trust me it will be. Eight six six seven two five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers come from behind and win a ballgame for the nineteenth time this season, beating the Yankees eight to five on a five to seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 7: On air at AM five seventy, online at AM five seventy LA sports dot com, and available my podcast on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 17: This is Dodger Talk with David massy Well. The Yankees MVP win yard in the first with Dodgers. They're hoping their guy can do the same. Show. Hey, Ol'tani with twenty home runs on the season, steps in lefty freed former brave into his windup kicks and deals first pitch swinging hit in the air well the left center field.
Speaker 12: Did you so?
Speaker 10: Hey?
Speaker 5: Old TONI ties in in a boy show.
Speaker 6: Hail Tani with a big night tonight, two home runs to spark the Dodgers coming from behind to beat the Yankees tonight eight to five. That was the home run in the first inning. To match, Aaron Judge, Daniels Jewelers presents the home run forecast.
Speaker 5: Go to AM five to seventy.
Speaker 6: LA sports dot Com used the keyword home run for your chance to win a fifty dollars Daniels Jewelers gift card predicting the number of home runs in the next game.
Speaker 5: Daniels Jewelers own the dream.
Speaker 6: We have phone lines open eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy If you were trying earlier and the lines were busy, we do have phone lines open now. After the Dodgers win the opening game of this three game series in the World Series rematch. After this three game series is done with, they will welcome in the team that they just saw last week and the team they beat in last year's NLCS, the Mets, for a four game series. The Dodgers got a solid performance from Tony Gonsolin to despite a rocky first three innings where he surrendered four home runs. Aaron Judge, Austin Wells, Tran Grisham, and Paul Goldschmidt all went deep off of Gonsolin in the first three innings tonight, but after that he settled in scoreless fourth, fifth, and sixth, and Gonsolin gets the win. He's three and one this year. The Dodgers' hand, Max Freed his first loss.
Speaker 5: Of the season.
Speaker 6: How about this, Max Freed coming into tonight's game. In his first eleven starts, he allowed just ten earned runs. Tonight he was charged with six. That's how good Max Freed has been this year. And that's how opportunistic the Dodgers were tonight. And I mentioned this, I tweeted this at the Real Underscore DV. But it bears repeating again. The Dodgers are a very resilient offense, very resilient team, nineteen come from behind victories. Nothing indicates that more than the Dodgers being the best team this year with two outs, and that certainly was the case in the seventh inning tonight when they scored two big insurance runs. But coming into the game tonight, the Dodgers had the best batting average of any team in baseball with two outs. They had a two to ninety five batting average coming in and a nine to twenty ohps with two outs.
Speaker 5: That says a lot about this team.
Speaker 6: Eight six, six, nine, seven two five seventy is the phone number. Well, check in with Jose Mota in a moment. You'll also hear from Andrew Freeman and Dave Roberts. But first let's go out to Eric, who is at Dodgers Stadium tonight.
Speaker 18: Hi.
Speaker 5: Eric, you're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 1: Hey, Dave A big fan of the show. Have two things for you where I was on the one? What do you mean I'm the one?
Speaker 5: You're the one fan of the show. I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: One fan of the show. That's right. Well, I think I was for Freddy's walk off Grand Slam Session nine RS by myself. I couldn't find any of my friends to go with me. Had never yelled and screamed and jumped around as much of my life. It was, you know, one of definitely the best sports moment I've ever experienced. It's incredible. So I want to say that second thing, I actually for your recommendation. I was actually just looking to buy a twenty twenty five MLB rule book, so you could actually save me a little bit of cash if you wanted to send me that one. If that offer is still on the table, just wanted to throw that out there.
Speaker 6: It is, the offer is still on the table, and I'll have our guy Rick Monday sign the rule book for you, Eric, because he was the one that taught on that to keep a rule book in my bag, and he obviously is on top of things. And every play by play broadcaster should know the rules and a rule book will help. So yes, Eric, I will put you on hold and you will get an autograph copy of an official Major League Baseball rule book by Rick Monday.
Speaker 5: Thanks Eric.
Speaker 6: Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers beat the Yankees tonight, eight to five. No rules interpretations needed tonight, no need to go to New York to hear from former umpire Brian Gorman. The Dodgers yesterday made a big trade, well, not a big trade, It could turn out to be a very impactful trade because the Dodgers acquired former All Star, twenty twenty three all Star, a man that saved thirty seven games two years ago, a guy that saved twenty eight games last year for the Reds Alexis Das. Yeah, he's Edwin Diaz, his brother. He has a lively arm. He just hasn't been that good this year, and there's obviously got to be some disconnect between him and the Reds coaching staff.
Speaker 5: Well, the Dodgers traded for.
Speaker 6: Him and gave away a minor leaguer might turn out to be good, might not, but basically got him for nothing, and they're taking on a three or four million dollar salary. Alexis Diaz has incredible upside. And now it all makes sense because the Dodgers made it public that Evan Phillips is out for the year and he will have Tommy John surgery next week, So the Dodgers are very thin when it comes to right handed, high leverage relievers. This is an incredible by low, high ceiling type of trade for a guy that was an All Star just two years ago. He's in Arizona right now. The Dodgers are trying to get his delivery back on track. I asked Dave Roberts about it before the game today.
Speaker 18: So we're excited to acquire Alexis. He is should be in Arizona right now at our facility, and there's some things that we feel that we want to kind of get familiar with him, get our minor league staff to put some eyes on him, work on some delivery, some mechanic things, and get some things cleaned up, and then he'll join us. So I don't know the timeline. I think that's really contingent on kind of how soon he takes to kind of some of the things that we see and kind of how that goes. But I wouldn't expect it to be too long before he joins us, oh before.
Speaker 6: Pivod'll considering where your moving's at right now, that he kind of gets.
Speaker 18: Close to where he was, it would be, it would be It would be very impactful. This is a former All Star who is a neutral guy, who is closed games. So to be able to get a guy like that would be hugely impactful. But the main thing is we got to get him back to being the player that we've seen in the past, and you know, so he's just not there right now.
Speaker 6: All right, there's manager Dave Roberts giving us a detailed look on what the Dodgers are trying to do with Alexis Das and like I said, it's a by low. If the Dodgers hit on this guy, it would be incredibly impactful. Considering they don't have Blake trinon, they won't have Evan Phillips, and look, Blake Trinan. That's not a sure thing. I told you I wasn't sure about Evan Phillips. He's out for the year. Now, are we sure Blake Trenon's coming back. I'm not sure so Alexis Das would be huge and obviously the Dodgers looking for a right handed, high leverage reliever as we get closer to the trade deadline. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers beat the Yankees tonight eight to five. Let's check in with our guy, Jose Moda.
Speaker 7: It's time to go around the horn with Jose Mota.
Speaker 6: Jose Mota part of the Dodgers Spanish radio broadcast in Jose. How electric was it tonight here at Dodgers Stadium? It was so fun to be part of this.
Speaker 8: It was so awesome, man. I mean, the best part is that you can go back and think about so many great moments from October and then to see the stars lineup, see the fans all enthused about the crowd to fill out of the stadium eventually, it was just so energized. But also Dave, you know, you know, testament to modern day baseball on how a lot of ups are constructed, Fans did not have to wait too long to see two huge stars. Put the number on the board, put some points on the board that Joe maddend like to say, because now you have the best players in the game, the best hitters in the game, hitting early. And Aaron Judge Way said no time, and so did a TONI come back right away. So otherwise you're not waiting till the you know, the second ending. Perhaps to see these guys hitting. My god, they put out a show. Tonight was a lot of fun to watch, especially after a win.
Speaker 6: Have you ever seen a player like sho Hal Tani rise to the occasion, whether it's his babble hit night in June or July, or a game like tonight, It just feels like he under stands the stage and putting on that Dodger uniform and everything that has come with it.
Speaker 8: He certainly does, David, this guy's has high expectations since he was in high school in Japan. And I'll tell you one thing too, is I was telling this to Louis Cruise is the Yankees did not really get to see a healthy Shohil Tani last October. He was not playing. He was playing on one shoulder pretty much, and today they show they saw Shohil Tani. Another thing is, and I want to touch upon this is the fact that you know, in the mechanical side of things. I know you've asked a lot of things about showhy and stuff like that, but Chol hits the ball deeper than most major leaguers and in the point of contact that he does and the things that he does mechanically just so impressive. But beyond that, going back to a series against the Brave last year, ye were talking about, Okay, how was he going to react to, you know, the stage against the Braves, and he has responded pretty much every single question with the dogs and the first pitch delivery and bibbleheads and he named it. He's done it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: How about the awareness that he has now where we're seeing him point up to his family suite.
Speaker 5: Did you ever see that before? No?
Speaker 8: I mean, Joey obviously was not married when he was with the Angels, but you know, as guarded as he is and as guarded as the culture is, it's just it's fun to watch. I mean, it just tells me about the comfort level that he has here with the fan base. The organization and his teammates and just being part of, you know, something that's not guarded or shielded anymore. Right, get himself and you saw yourself in the spring training of last year. They've robbers talked about it. He's playing free, he's enjoying the game, and it's just the fact that he's productive in making every moment counts. It's even bigger because obviously the money that he's making he doesn't think about. But certainly a lot of fans come to see the show and they're enjoying in this spectacular show so far.
Speaker 6: Again, no doubt they got a show tonight, sell out crowd a fifty three thousand plus here at Dodger Stadium watching the show. Two home runs scores, his sixtieth run of the year, twenty two home runs now in the season fifteen in the month of May. Just incredible, what this guy is doing. The Dodgers beat the Yankees eight to five, and you know, a few callers, I'm pleasantly surprised that they're recognizing what Tony Gonsolin did because a lot of guys Jose would have quit on that mound, but he hung in there.
Speaker 8: I love what Tony did. Were so many great stories today, from Freddie's base running to Show Hayes, to Oscar and Andy Paz and all the fun things. The guys that were menus going with this sid Tony Goslin is the guy that pretty much, I will say, propelled the offense. I'm a big believer and I lived in myself as a player that you got a guy in the mound that's showing you that he doesn't want to come out of the game because he understand exactly where your team stands and the need they have for innings out of the rotation. He goes out there and retires center a row. And for Tony, he just didn't have a good feel. Lokasha was terrible and a team like the Yankees going to make you pay and make you see what you're now doing and right early. But man, when he found, especially with a splitter, a much different picture, location was better. He was able to elevate the fastball more effectively because he was able to pitch downstairs and upstairs. But man, I will give him part of the MVP tonight, because without those six innings, it is a different muggame.
Speaker 6: Andy pie has I mean when Otani takes the center stage like this, we forget about the importance of Will Smith, Freddie Freeman.
Speaker 5: But how about Andy Pie.
Speaker 6: Has he came up with a big you know, Baltimore chopped type a hit through the infield that Volpi should have got. And then in the seventh inning he came up with a big two out, two run hit as well.
Speaker 8: Oh, they all count the same, And I think Andy Pie has remembered Dave. This is a different guy in his makeup of mentality. He was already over to he had granted to double play, he had made early outs. Pies understands the importance of being aggressive and being smart make decisions later in the game, fought up some good they brought in a very tough Friday of Loisi got to face him, and he put together a very good at bad. Still the situation you do not try to get too big with your swing. There he stayed short and got the big base hit and then goes right through the box. But for Andy, to me is the mental side of saying, the first two at bests are done. For me to continue to be a productive big figure, I need to go out there and watch what these guys do. The Freddie's of the world. How they do it, how have they done it for so long, is just move on from where you're at and understand what's coming out. Because your teammates are counting on you, the organization is counting on you. You're counting on yourself to say I can be better, and so far, I think beyond the physical will be so gifted. The mental side of this game has gotten way better, too, more solid.
Speaker 6: What's your take on this hose because I felt like Aaron Boone really played into the Dodgers' hands in the sixth inning when he intentionally walked, of all people, Max Munsey to face Michael Confordo bringing in Tim Hill, a fresh reliever.
Speaker 5: He's good. He's good, no doubt about it.
Speaker 6: But there's no margin for error for Tim Hill coming in with the bases loaded. I'm never a fan of that, and guys like Mike's, Kevin Kennedy, they've all taught me that you've got to give your relievers some margin for air.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it was a strange move to me. I think with lo Isaka stuff and the way he throws a baseball, he's got a very heavy sinker ninety seven, ninety eight he's got a nice change up. The chances are you got to go out there and face Maxi Monsei. But in today's game, you're playing so many probabilities and percentages that that was the best option. I know that you're not a big fan of that, but there's times in which it matter has no choice to go. I don't want to see what's happening here. This guy's falling behind a counts. I need a fresh arm to come out here and do the job. Just let's get critzic Kofodo for not going out there and front do too much and closing the zone down and making it very tough on Tim Hill because some of those fishes they were very close, but nonetheless a very tough situation to bring a guy in. Just got to go out there and suck it up.
Speaker 5: I'm with you.
Speaker 6: Jose coming off his three run home run Wednesday in Cleveland, he had a base knock tonight against Max Freed, lefty on lefty.
Speaker 5: Freed's been tough on.
Speaker 6: Left and then he gets ahead into count two to zero to draw that go ahead bases loaded walk in the sixth inning. I would I would consider this another step in the right direction for Michael Conforto tonight.
Speaker 8: I definitely I amn't there with you. I mean when a guy that came in hitting one seventy two and also why is he playing today two fifty against lefties, one fifty two against right handers. Talk about a vote of confidence against a guy like Max Freed who leftis came in hated one forty three against That elevates a player's mentality, his posture, his confidence to say, I'm playing today against a guy like this, you know what they must be seeing some good things and just that leads into small details like a walk right and before I go Also there I want to point out Freddy Freeman beyond the slide. How about Freddy Freeman base running, staying in that rundown send the rundowns to allow runners to move and pie is running with his head up and not giving up. Both those are some of the biggest things he can do in a ballgame and things that uses gets away from you sometimes because the guy got three bass hitts. But Frederick Freeman man just played such a rounded game today, and more to be learned from a guy that is playing sometimes on one ankle on how aware he is of the base running in which I know he takes out of problem his teammates.
Speaker 5: Hey, great point hose.
Speaker 6: Before I let you go, before I brought you on, I mentioned the trade under the radar trade for Alexis DS. Are you a believer the Dodgers can get this guy back on track.
Speaker 8: I do believe that because I know there's some issues going on with him before coming here in Alexis DS.
Speaker 7: Stuff just has not.
Speaker 8: Fallen off a cliff. He has had some injuries, some things that mechanically have affected him. And I know the Dodgers love projects. I mean, he's only pitching six innings so far for since then out of this year he got sent down, but let's get pitching sixty games last year, twenty eight saves. And I'm glad he's able to, you know, join the Dodgers because I know there's some things that are going to be exposed to him that he's never seen before. I know he's very very proper Porto Rico, and he wants to be as good as his brother Edwin and with the Mets, and there's no doubt in my mind a fresh arm, get some things aligned and get him in a mentality of going to come here for something bigger. I think it will truly change it no matter what. The Dollars need an arm like this because he can never have too many options for guys that have been saved, and guy's been an all star himself too.
Speaker 6: It would be huge for the Dodger bullpen, which is very weary and thin these days. Jose, thanks for spending time with us tonight. We'll do it again tomorrow day.
Speaker 8: Thank you for being a stam back God. That was a nice thing with Tanner Scott, very nice.
Speaker 6: Hey had to He's a good guy and it was my mistake. I didn't get all the details and I had to own up to it with him on the record.
Speaker 8: We're all pulling for him, there's no doubt.
Speaker 5: Thanks Ose.
Speaker 6: There he goes Dodger Spanish radio broadcaster Jose Moda alongside pet Bee and Ningez and Luis Cruz on a nightly basis, and we'll see what the Dodgers and Yankees have for us. As far as an encore. Tomorrow night, game two of this three game series, Landon Neck will be on the mound for the Dodgers. He's two and two with an ERA of five twenty two going up against right hander Will Warn who is three and two with an ERA of four zero nine. Our coverage begins at three o'clock with Marongo Casino, Dodgers on deck, first pitch with Rick Monday and Steven Nelson.
Speaker 5: At four fifteen. We got you to midnight.
Speaker 6: It was a great game, sellout crowd, the stars were out, Otani, Judge, Freddie all performed tonight.
Speaker 5: It was playoff like atmosphere.
Speaker 6: Excitement here and the fans got everything and more they wanted. We'll see what the Dodgers and Yankees have for us tomorrow night. Thanks to Colinye back at our Burbank studios, Thanks to Dwayne McDonald out here at Dodgers Stadium, and thanks to you for listening. In case you missed any of the show, you can find it on the iHeartRadio app. Once again, the final score from Dodgers Stadium. The Dodgers come from behind and beat the Yankees eight to five. Have a great rest of your night. Fox Sports Radio is next.
Speaker 18: See y'all shot playing