Speaker 1: The Dodgers are getting ready for a Cactus League playing. We're joined right now by another one of their young stars that is on the forty man roster for the first time in his professional career with the Dodgers, and that is Jack Dryer. Jack, thanks a lot for the time, appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: You're in a good spot here. It feels like everybody gets along. Everybody's rooting for each other on this wall of guys that are trying to make their major league dreams come true.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Absolutely, We have a lot of guys here who you know, everybody's just rooting for each other, and uh yeah, it's a really good atmosphere.
Speaker 1: What's it like for you not only to be in big league camp but also know that you're one step closer being on the forty man roster.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, getting outed to the roster is obviously cool because it shows that the team you know, values you to a certain extent. But you know, my goal is just to focus on the things that I can control, and you know, when, when and if a debut happens, that's out of my control, so I try not to think about that kind of thing.
Speaker 1: How have you embraced this role of being the guy that the Dodgers value coming out of a bullpen.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean, as soon as you sign with the Dodgers, everybody treats you you know you or a first round or the exact same. So there's no difference there. So it's always just been, you know, do whatever you can to help the organization.
Speaker 1: What's it been like learning from the guys across from you because they were nicknamed the dogs during the postseason last year, have they started to embrace you into their circle or their dog pack.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a few of them have done a really good job of helping me and teach me different things like routines and how they deal with you know, pregame anxiety and that kind of stuff. So I'm just very lucky to be in a clubhouse with so many, you know, future Hall of famers.
Speaker 1: What's the biggest message they've given you to kind of control all that?
Speaker 2: I think the biggest thing is to take control of your preparation, and you know, you can control those kinds of things, and so if you execute all of that, you won't need to, you know, worry about the performance because that'll take care of itself.
Speaker 1: You only listen to left handed relievers.
Speaker 2: No, we have. We have a few good right handed players as well, so I listened to them too.
Speaker 1: Jack Dryer is our guest. You're gonna know him pretty well soon as he is on the forty man roster, and the Dodgers obviously have their sight set on him making his major league debut at some point this season. I have to say, you know, I was really impressed by Alex Freelance Dash, but I mean, your Captain Morgan facial here right now is pretty impressive as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you. Some of the players have dubbed me Captain Jack Sparrow, so I'll lean into that a little bit.
Speaker 1: Have you been called up to the morning meeting yet? I have.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it actually went pretty smoothly, so I'm glad that I was able to get that taken care of well.
Speaker 1: Last year. I'm not sure fans realized this, but you created a show. Hey, Otani Rubik's Cube. How did you come up with that? How did you? Was it a homework assignment?
Speaker 2: No, that's just kind of a side hobby that I have. You know, I've been solving riverscubes for several years now and turned it into art and so over time, I've just kind of developed my process of making more and more murals and bigger murals. So, yeah, last year was the Shoho tany one. I tried to stay a little bit anonymous, so nothing's really come of it so far.
Speaker 1: You know how to solve a Rubics cube one hundred thousand different ways?
Speaker 2: Yeah, basically, it doesn't matter how you mix it up, it's going to be pretty easy to solve.
Speaker 1: I know you make it sound that way, but for mere mortals like myself and guys that are not from higher learning, like Gavin Stone, I'm not sure they've ever solved the Rubics cube before.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think I can attribute that to a lot of alone time in college, sitting in my room by myself and just kind of memorizing some things.
Speaker 1: All right. I was not very popular either in high school or college, so I could relate to that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, lots of alone time.
Speaker 1: Well whatever you date it worked. You put in a lot of time not only with the brain but with the pitching. And appreciate the time. And we'll see at Dodger Stadium soon.
Speaker 2: That sounds great. Thank you for having me