Speaker 1: Welcome to teen Girl Talk.
Speaker 2: Teen Girl Talk.
Speaker 1: I'm ceuzy Coota, I'm freaking Coda, and this week we are going way way back twenty five years ago and talking about but I'm a Cheerleader, a.
Speaker 2: Movie that makes conversion camp look way more fun than it actually is.
Speaker 1: I mean, this movie is both about camp and is very campy, like it's hearing RuPaul's voice out of drag is so disorienting, and.
Speaker 2: So it's so nice to see Clay Devall like she was like big in the nineties and early odds, like.
Speaker 1: When she whenever she was like brooding. In this movie, she reminded me so much of Josh Harnett, which then reminded me of The Faculty.
Speaker 2: God, I Love The Faculty.
Speaker 1: A nineties horror movie that needs no notes. Perfect eight plus ten out of ten.
Speaker 2: Okay, especially because at the end when John Stewart appears, like with all the wounds that have happened to him, he used like the thumbs up and then like his donut falls off his finger because his.
Speaker 1: Fingers got bitten off by a monster.
Speaker 2: I know Joss Hearnett cut them off, like with the he pulls off the paper shredder not the paper like the paper cutter blade the same. Yeah, math Reagan kills the one dude inm Reagan. Uh also very pumped for. With Reagan two point zero coming out pretty soon.
Speaker 1: Obviously we'll be covering that. Bill has never seen the first one, so when we saw the preview the other day, I was like, Oh, that looks good. He's like, I don't know the premise, and I was like, how is that possible.
Speaker 2: I'm really glad they kept both the PG thirteen versions. I don't even know. I don't need R rated horror movies like PG thirteen anyway.
Speaker 1: Can I have this thing in high school where we loved the edited for TV Comedy Central version of Saving Silverman? And then I lent that VHS to a friend because there was another I think maybe I'd also taped Fight Club on that VHS and I never got a back and I was so mad because the like unedited version is less funny because it's just cusses instead of them yelling like die fake friend. It's like die f slur or fward or something.
Speaker 2: So what happens is what's his name?
Speaker 1: Jason Big It's big Man.
Speaker 2: Things is like his girlfriend fiance is like meet your new friends. They're like business people and like Steve, Yeah, Steve Son and Jack Black see them and they're like in the original movie, they're like fuck you fake friends. Insteady're like die fake friends.
Speaker 3: Which is like not necessarily better, Like I get that it's not a cup, but again, somebody Central was like basic cable.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure they could say cusses if they wanted.
Speaker 2: Well, they have. They have the whole episode where in South Park where they said, like shit, a whole bunch. But but also, okay, so this is the last thing I want to say, and then we'll get into the movie because it's very good. I really enjoyed this movie. So I was in the hospital h for I just had something going on with my tonsils, and I watched Avengers and because there was nothing really else to watch. But it was a weird edited version where they cut out some of the cusses and with kind of a lot of the cusses. And there's the part where Captain America fights himself because of time travel and he is supposed to stop and look at his butt and go, that's America's ass, and he does that in the movie, but they cut out that's America's ass. So he just stops, looks at his butt for good five seconds, says nothing, and then leaves gets better.
Speaker 4: I think keep the version of Avengers where Steve Rogers is just a pervert about himself, a creepy, silent pervert.
Speaker 2: I mean it is a good butt like but anyway, we're gotta be talking about well, in this first shot, we get a lot of butts and a lot of female anime. So our movie opens with chick habit by April April March a movie. I remember first hearing in death Proof by Quentin Tarantine.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: You said, yeah song. I remember first seeing death Proof, and I feel like.
Speaker 1: When Tarantino got so much credit for using that song, this movie came out before that, Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I think it's used way better here. But I can see I understand why it works in both things. It's like, you know, the leaders in this one like like hang pooch, chick have it, you know, hang it up, Daddy. And then in the movie it does sound kind of like a like a car rivving, like the guitar part like that d darn Darren do anyway, So yeah, we're just seeing a bunch of cheer leaders doing some jumps, and we're focusing so heavily on like you know them.
Speaker 1: It's it's like a sort of like a very leering gaze.
Speaker 5: Yes, and and so then we cut to Natasha Leone plays Megan, the head cheer leader, and she is super stoked for the upcoming game.
Speaker 1: She's like, yeah, let's kill him. Her boyfriend is definitely like the prototypical or archetypical nineties hunk, and he the kissing is not a good watch. I know that it's exaggerated for effects. I was like, I need this scene to end. It's like they've never well, she's not really kissing him back at all. So he's doing like two and they're making out in the car and she is thinking back to all of the cheerleaders again and she's like, I have to go to dinner and he's like, oh, come on. And then there's more. I would call it tongue forward kissing. It's not not great.
Speaker 2: He just he just comes at her like a lampary, just wide open, like circular, just trying to swallow her face. And I'm just like, oh, there's ever like you ever need to Like I've always heard that.
Speaker 1: When she's flashing back to him when she's in the camp. It's without sound because she's having sort of like a replay of different moments where she's realized that that she is gay, but just of visual him being like.
Speaker 2: So I was like, come on, yeah.
Speaker 1: It was effective. I was like, yeah, I get it. The part for me is like, how did she date this man for two years?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Before before we go on, I just want to quickly I think we do have to quickly say some trigger warnings. We are probably gonna to be talking about homophobia and conversion camps and probably transphobia at a certain point. If I think of any others, check the show notes. That will be the complete ones that I'll pick up on the editing. I don't mention them now. So she gets home, Mary gets home, Megan, Megan, Yeah, Megan gets home. And oh also her friend is Michelle Williams.
Speaker 1: Like this is like pre Michelle Williams being like nothing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Also Melanie Lynskey is in this is like everyone is a baby in this movie obviously because it was twenty five years old or twenty five years ago. But Melanie Lindsey I was like, is she actually Australian? Because I did not pick up on that at all. In Okay, so dyl is here, Jill says, yes, she is. So they allowed her just to have like her natural accent, but I didn't pick up at it at all. I've seen her in a ton of stuff, including yellow Jackets. I was like, oh, that's really interesting. I didn't know that. But she is also at the camp so but yeah, that's sorry, I'm skipping ahead. So Michelle Williams like, this is absolutely like such a bit part and it's so interesting to like see her as like a supporting character because I feel like that never happens.
Speaker 2: But it's just like going like watching Revenge of the Creature the Black Lagoon and there's just a random scientist and it's Clint Eastwood and you're like, wow, really here, huh let me know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know you're gonna say Helen Maren was in it or something.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think Helmere now how long has been some garbage. But she's just like I want to be Jathan Staphan's mom in the past and Furors movies, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, come on, like, who wouldn't. So have you seen the video of him, uh trying out for the Olympics, jes them. Yes, he tried out to be twice to be on the diving team.
Speaker 2: That's interesting, and now he's just like I will use my fists to take out the anger for not being an Olympic.
Speaker 1: So like, I just feel like this is there are people that are so determined that they're going to succeed in something, and you know, like even I think even to try out for the Olympics, you have to be a pretty accomplished sports per athlete. I cannot remember the word for athlete. You have to be a pretty accomplished athlete. So like I don't think that's anything just you're at it seems like he, you know, he was pretty doing okay before he became one of the biggest movie stars in the world. He just had that vibe about him that like if it wasn't going to be that, it's going to be the gals.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like we had this this olympian come from our hometown and like like he came in, he came in like less in his event, and like all these people were like commenting on the Facebook page our town made for him, or like people from our town made for him, and we were all coming to the fan, he's like he came sixteenth in the world, like eight billion people, he's the sixteenth best at this, like you know, and like I couldn't, Like I've seen his I've seen his uh routines. I couldn't do what he does, Like he does trampoline that that shit's insane because you're going like twenty feet in the year and then doing sick flips like it was.
Speaker 1: I mean, I would really love to know what soapbox people are getting on to criticize an olympian, Like I would be like, please send me your CV. I would love to know about your accomplishment.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's probably it's probably the same people who will go on the subreddits and just like, oh, she's not as hot. I'm sure. I'm like, uh huh, you probably look like warmed up goat cheese. Like all these dudes coming on like female actors and are on acts like a bit fugly looking old I'm like, yeah, huh.
Speaker 1: I mean that's the thing, right, Like, if you're not in the game at all, it's like easy to criticize because there are no stakes, right, Like, no one's going to be like, oh, hey, you're like bad at dating. Or generally being in the world because they're like, Nope, not even trying, Like I hate quit before. It's not even quit before your head, it's quit before you stride.
Speaker 2: It all like didn't even qualify.
Speaker 1: Did not play so okay. The premise of this film is that Natasha Leoni and I love I think it's like a long Island accent, but I love that her New York accent comes through in parts because she's like clearly supposed to be living in the Midwest. But Natasha and I like to describe the aesthetic of this film. There there was this vibe about nineties indie film where a lot of vintage clothing, super bright colors, uh, sort of anachronistic scenes like uh John Waters movies or Todd Haynes, where everything is sort of proceeding as usual, right like uh over critical parents. Everything in her her life pre camp is like beige, beige and browns. Once she's tricked into going to the camp after an intervention run by RuPaul whose name is Mike, which just feels strange. Rue Ball, even out of drag is roughly seven feet tall, that is wearing the smallest shorts you've ever seen. So then just looks like seventy percent legs. So that's why I like in Heels, Ruehaul is like it has to be like a f tall, Like I'm not even joking, like so tall, but they Megan's dad is played by Bud Court, who is both in Places the Accountant in the Life Aquatic with Steve Zisu, as well as is in Harold and Maud, which is like a really big movie. When I was in college, it had like a resurgence. But uh, they it seems like this is mostly his wife's doing. That she is religious and upset that her daughter is possibly a lesbian, and they tell her like, oh, it's gonna be two months and then you'll get to come home from camp, and she's like, what are you guys talking about. Initially, Megan doesn't deny being a lesbian. She's just kind of like, what are you guys talking about? What's going on?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Well, the reasons for thinking she's a lesbian is that she's into Melissa Etheridge and into vegetarianism.
Speaker 1: But also though, Frank that weird poster in her locker that is just a headless bikini body for the because it is strange, not because there's anything wrong with being gay, like everyone could be gay all day, happy pride, but like, why doesn't the woman have a head?
Speaker 2: I mean that's a fair points.
Speaker 1: Like there is a discussion about objectification later in the movie, but I was like, what a funny prop. Like they're whoever did the prop work on this movie must have had a lot of fun because they also showed this gigantic body villow that has a flower and I'm using quotation marks because it's like very like yonic and they're like, even your art looks like this. And so she ends up at the camp and is given the tour by Melanie Lynsky, who is sort of like the teacher's pet to Mary who runs the camp, maryusl By. She looks really familiar, but I can't tell what else she is in. I feel, Jeffy moyaty, what has she been in?
Speaker 2: Give mee keep going and I'll find some stuff.
Speaker 1: So Melanie Linsky's character says, it's pretty simple. In the morning, we do outdoors, uff after lunch we have to go inside. We get some free time. And on weekends it's uh family therapy, pretty straightforward. And she shows Megan the chart and there are five steps to no longer being gay, and like, obviously everything in this movie is very tongue in cheek and it's all satire.
Speaker 2: The entire house is blue and pink.
Speaker 1: And deep greens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is like it's too much for the eyes sometimes. Oh, she was in Foxfire.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's definitely not how I remember her.
Speaker 2: Copland Casper a brother's kiss. I don't know what that is.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't know. Maybe she just has that like eighties villain vibe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Mary has her son, Uh.
Speaker 6: Has her son Rock, who is Okay, so I have a super brief tangent about I believe it's pronounced Sebrian or Sabrian Eddie Sybrian.
Speaker 1: He was married to one of the Real Housewives And I read her memoir and he left her for Leanne Rhymes, left the Real Housewife for Leanne Rhymes, this Real Housewives book, and I'm so sorry I cannot remember her name. I read it, I think last summer. And I don't really watch Real Housewives. I haven't watched them at all. Like I know the memes because I'm a person who exists in the world huge seething, Like I am honestly shocked that lawyers were not involved with this memoir because she like she aired him out, but in this movie because he was like a pretty boy of the nineties into the early two thousands, and in this he's considered one of Mary's successful converts. He and Mike RuPaul's character are making eyes at each other throughout the entirety of the film, and he doesn't. I don't think he gets a ton of speaking on He actually speaks in like two scenes.
Speaker 2: He mostly just seems to hang out and pose phallically.
Speaker 1: Yes, so, like we said, like, this movie is high camp.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so Brandy Glanville drinking.
Speaker 1: And yes, yes, I so like I haven't listened to a celebrity memoir book club in a while, but when I was like driving more, I would listen to it and I would read the celebrity memoirs her Like again, I I don't know, Like, I don't know a lot about the law. But I thought that people were not allowed to say such skating things. But I guess I don't know. Maybe it was worked into the divorce papers. I have no idea. Yeah, do you want to read someone eviscerating their eggs and naming names?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: It happened in that book put on.
Speaker 2: Your put on your tailist with playlists, then well, just have a night, just have a night to yourself reading this book.
Speaker 1: By contrast, I just read a book, a memoir where a woman was married to another writer and then as their marriage dissolved, like they were separated, and in the midst of the divorce she was seeing like a rock star. She does not name any names. She keeps things vague. There's like at one point she mentioned that she uh was not going to talk about I might be mixing two memoirs. I think I am, because I read a memoir directly after that of a woman who like was in advertising and then is now an author and kind of her own brand, and her second husband she like agreed to not talk about his kids. I might be complating the two. Like again, there was like all this negotiation around who is allowed to say what, and it does not just not seems like that's what happened with drinking and tweeting.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's probably part of the divorce. Semans like, fine, you get this, but I could like fucking tell all my book. It's like fine, whatever. So there's not like actually that much plot to this movie. It's mostly just we're moving from scene to scene. We see the men learning to be masculine, like they're doing war games. And one of them is Dante Brosco, the voice of Zuko from Evati Last Airbender.
Speaker 1: Which which character Dolf. Oh, Dolf has definitely been in other stuff because I recognize Okay, I've never seen Hawk, Yeah.
Speaker 2: But like a voice, like it's such a good voice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was like, damn, he seems so familiar. Also, the whole blonde guy that he makes out with also seems familiar. But I don't know what I recognize him from.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So throughout, like so we meet our girls are it's gonna be old women. One of them is grandplayed by Clay Deval, who is just like our punk like independent. She's just you know, angry all the time.
Speaker 1: She smokes cigarettes. She is angsty. The goth girl is obsessed with her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for obvious reasons. Then we got Snade, who is our golf girl. Then we got Jan, who is just masculine presenting but is actually a straight female. But Mike doesn't believe her and'scon's like, honey, look at yourself.
Speaker 1: Melanie Lynsky's character came on to Jan and Jan just seems to compete.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're constantly talking about the root of like what made you gay, and it's all these ridiculous things like make Megan finally says like, my dad got fired and my mom had to go to work, and I guess that's what made me like gay, which is of course dumb.
Speaker 1: You know. Your Dad's like that was only nine months and Mary's like, yes, it was definitely that your mom is domineering and your dad is evasculated.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and like everybody else's things are equally ridiculous because you know they are, because it's a ridiculous concept.
Speaker 1: Clean Theval's dad is an ass and the worst.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he is dropping the F slur constantly, and he's basically like if she isn't straight, he's gonna cut her off. But Clean Theval and National Leoni start catching feelings one another, and like when they're scrubbing the floor is to learn what women do. They start, you know, scrubbing a little bit closer, and they're also playing with their baby doll. That's antopic, correct, Then that squirts weird dark blue liquid on people.
Speaker 1: So they fall into I think it's like an anime trope, right, the like from friends to lovers.
Speaker 2: Enemies to lovers.
Speaker 1: Uh, yeah, that's just like dating the lovers, my friend. And I'm not saying this like I wouldn't admit to reading this. I just don't read like anime stuff. But she has been listening to like a lot of like anime type like romance books, and she prefers like the from enemies to lovers stuff because it usually involves like a very strong willed woman like coming along to this guy who's like fine, but there has to be a conflict, you know, before they get together. But she's like, it's so much better than when it's like rich guy, poor woman. And I was like, oh, trying to read that. That's not horrible.
Speaker 2: I mean that's fifty but right there, I guess he's trying to read that. Everybody who's into Twilight.
Speaker 1: Frank, first of all, how dare you malign me another Twilighters? I think there is crossover, but I don't think it's everyone, Like, why would I need to read another Twilight? I have Twilight?
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, it's just like no, I mean, if I've said my piece about how like I don't like the oh look, how rich I am? Like you know, I'm just going to take you to this place. It doesn't matter because you're rich, Like, who cares? He took me to you bought plane.
Speaker 1: Tickets, completely charmless eating buy plane tickets, Frank, he has a jet. Come on, get real, what do you think it's eating? In conversial light? Ridiculous? Edward Cullin, I'm gonna say this, and I will stand on business with this. Edward Colin is so much more charming because he's like a soft boy, and he's a sad boy but not like a weird and like, obviously Twilight is problematic in so many ways, but so many different ways. And Fifty Shades of Gray because Edward's always just like I feel like Christian Gray is a mutant of Edward, because Edward's like, I'm so sad I've never loved and I you know, I don't want to defile you, where like Christian Berry is like I only know her violence and like being with me is going to destroy you. And so no, I don't get it. I don't I rebuke you. I rebuke your claim that people who love Fifty Shades of Gray are Twilight fans.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, it that that is fair I.
Speaker 1: Worked at the movie theater and that third stupid Fifty Shades of Gray movie came out. A woman came up to me to buy tickets, and I was like, okay, great, I'm bringing up her tickets. She takes a picture of Oh god, Jamie not Jamie Kennedy. What's the name of the actor who plays Christian Gray. I don't know, Jamie Jornan, Thank you, Deill shirtless.
Speaker 7: She takes a picture of a shirtless man and puts it in my face and goes, who doesn't want that? Who doesn't want that? Im a service worker. I did not know how to reply to this question because I was like, me, I don't want that, but also, what the hell is happening?
Speaker 1: Those are the kind of people who like fifty Shade people who go to a service worker and be like, look at this happen making man, What do you think? What do you think? Tell me what you think?
Speaker 2: Oh god, I don't want to go Yeah, okay, I will take back what I said. Despite the fact that the then.
Speaker 1: Like hurd him like a pair of like when I turn the way he talks about things, because they have him doing an American accent. For whatever reason, he decided to do it very flat, so he sounds like a sadistic robot, and it is like robot is just saying a sense of shit to me. But no, we don't need to talk anymore about fifty shades.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm sorry for comparing the two. Gray was a Toilight fan fiction, but then fifty shays Gray spawned Harden, which makes vidchas a Gray way worse. Harden sucks way like way more.
Speaker 1: I would one thousand percent rather watch After than fifty Grey. W After is so messy and so ridiculous and gave us fucking kift fucking trouble, which is amazing.
Speaker 2: Okay, So all right, So on the on the dude side, we have us.
Speaker 1: Him being like, are you gonna go put my intimacy? No, no, thank you.
Speaker 2: He has his office that's in the ocean off of Seattle. Yeah, because just a quick, just the quick explain that if you will get one of the posters hit the way his office is set up, he's looking at the space needle, but the only way he will get the space needle from that certain angle is his if his the building that his polishing company is is in the off like in the ocean.
Speaker 1: Would be amazing if he just structured his entire life around being the real life Lex Luthor. No, because like I would be more interested, like Luther.
Speaker 2: Has charisma anyway, So, uh, you know, on on our gentleman side, we have Dolph and Clayton and they get caught making out dolphins xiled he. We also get two more characters who are ex ex gays, and they are Larry and Lloyd. Larry is played by Richard by Richard Maull, who voiced two Face on Batman the Amid series.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, he's the one with the very deep boys. Yes, the taller one with the beard.
Speaker 2: Kind of like David Harbor.
Speaker 1: Do you know who I thought he looked like? I thought he looked like that actor who plays Putty and the Tick in Time Held and the what's his name?
Speaker 2: What something?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: I can't believe the name.
Speaker 1: His name is something?
Speaker 2: Well, we've always talked about this movie. Okay. So eventually the girls all decide to sneak out to everybody decided to sneak out to a gay bar, and Meghan and Graham finally confronted their feelings and they start making out.
Speaker 1: But this couple picks them up and drops them off. Like at first there was like they're not going to like party with these kids, are they? But they don't. They drop them off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the the par Is called something offensive that I don't really want us to repeat a whole bunch. They get home okay, but the next day Mary finds a finds a match book. She confronts all the girls, all the girls, but Hillary. Hillary wasn't allowed to go up for obvious reasons because she was snitched. We all know what Hillary would have done. And then we get like Graham and Megan. Eventually one night they sneak out, you know, they make love, but then they're.
Speaker 1: Called Like the night before read well, graduation is coming up. They all got past except for one of the guys, Aiden I think he he does not pass. And at this point, like they're trying to, uh like basically soften the blow, and he's like, I don't need to hear from you guys. You all know what you are and you're lying like you know who you want and I know that you know that. And now you're like trying to console me, but like you're fake, and he storms off.
Speaker 2: And like you kind of just kind of wonder where he's going, like because like basically every parent has been like you have to do this or you don't come home, which is unfortunately how it goes for a lot.
Speaker 1: Andre. I'm sorry, I said Aiden, but it's Andre. And Andre is like, not wrong because Joel is like, oh, but you're just like so handsome and so warm and so clean, weird ad But Andrea's like, I don't want to hear it. And so now when and when Megan's parents are brought in, like because basically Mary is going to try to pressure them all to snitch at each other and admit that they snug out to the bar. And when Mary's parents are not Mary's Megan's parents are brought in, they say, like, we know you wouldn't be involved in any of that, because if you were, like that would be it. And so like Megan is obviously dismayed by this, but Mary's like, great, so we can move forward, and you're going to simulate with Rock. And Megan's like, looks out the window. Rock's out there dancing with the weed Wager too, I think a roof all song and it says, I don't think that's gonna work. And Mary's like Rock Knock it Off, and so Megan gets kicked out and Mary decides to pass on Rock to Graham. The scene where they are simulating the intimacy is horrible and I did not like it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so yeah, Megan has left. She has nowhere to go, and she ends up going to Larry and Lloyd's house and they are very welcoming and oh uh Dolph is there wearing Pride pajamas. Yeah, it is amazing, And they start formulaing a plan to go save Graham and Clayton.
Speaker 1: And I think something that's worth pointing out is saying, like, obviously there is this like pretty severe and terrible conservative movement happening in this country right now, but like Pride has been a thing, and there has been such strides made in the nineties, Pride was not nearly as visible, Like the idea of a corporation contributing to Pride would be like what are you talking about? Like it was so unheard of. So like the fact that this movie was kind of so ahead of its time where it's like like functioning in these spaces like yes, being gay as normal and like totally acceptable, and people who don't understand that are crackpots and weirdos. Like these conversations were not being had in any sort of like public discourse really, like i mean, gay marriage, what was it pass for like another decade? So like this movie was so forward thinking in a time where like the country clearly, I mean the country has always hated women, but they really really hated women in the late nineties early two thousands. We're having a regression. We're back to really hating women again, obviously with like the laws being past, et cetera. But like, I think there is a reason that this movie has sustained as like a cult classic and sort of like a can't be favorite, because it's like it had this foresight that not a lot of people had.
Speaker 2: And yeah, despite like we've mentioned before, yeah, like it is goofy, it is silly, but like it still has something to say. You know, like you can be you can be silly and you can bet Goofy, but like but that just frees you. It just gives you, like you know, it lists your spirit to then kind of tackle the hard problems because like you know, we one of the big things that's always been like always been in the LGBTQ community is just like the way parents abandon their children, and we see that in this movie and it's you know, played for laughs and it's not that dire, but you can still basically show this to, you know, somebody who doesn't understand, like this is what happens. Is what really happens is that, you know, the parents will say I never knew you and throw you out, and it's horrendously tragic because it's just like, that's your child, Like if you threw them out, you didn't love them unconditionally, which is what a parent needs to do. And in the end of the movie, Love Wins. Meghan tries to get Graham away, but Graham's scared because she doesn't know what the future is gonna be with Megan, like if she.
Speaker 1: Everyone is at graduation in pleather outfits.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: The women are in like pink pleather prom dress is and the men are in pleather tuxedos. And I hope for their sake, it was a cool day that day, because there's just have to be sweat factories.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Graham's because Graham's dad is threnaling if you go if you you're gay, no trust fund, no college, no car, nothing.
Speaker 1: Well, her stepmom says the most fucked up thing where she goes, well, that's why your mom laughed. You want to lose your dad too, Like, first of all, we don't know why Graham's mom laughed, Like these these two people are so evil, Graham's mom could have died, Like I don't. I don't trust them as like narrators of the truth at all. But like what a hideous thing to say to someone.
Speaker 2: I'm just throw those out there. I'm going to one hundred percent say that. I'm gonna have one hundred percent surety Graham's dad cheated.
Speaker 1: On Graham's mom, Yes, with this terrible buffont woman granddads. I don't know what happened to everyone's hair this graduation seed so like the Gouf girl has been completely de gothed. But Graham's hair is like all piled on her head and like a little nest.
Speaker 2: They did they didn't.
Speaker 1: We've just seen her walk around with like a razor sharp bob for the entirety of the movie.
Speaker 2: They did too, Uh snade would the eighties did to Elie Shy? They deek offed her.
Speaker 1: Yes, she went through the de gothing process.
Speaker 2: Like that's the worst, Like like she looks so cute, like before her makeover and breakfast glob anyway.
Speaker 1: So like she also like, wasn't that guck before that? Frank not to you know, not to nitpick here.
Speaker 2: But admittedly your your caresh she was more art student. Yeah, so uh. At a certain point in this movie, Graham and Megan talked about like Megan's like, I love cheerleading. It's I love it so much. And Graham's like, I wish I loved anything as much as you love cheerleading, and that's like, gs, like, I'd love to see you do it. She's like maybe one day, and Megan does a cheer basically telling Graham she loves her, and then the two runoff like there's two contestants from the Bachelor of Vietnam. So at this point, Susie's Internet went out and we were unable to get her back on before she had to go to a different event. So I'm just going to close the episode on my own, Frank Cota solo style. So I think you can be said we both highly recommend this movie. It is super fun and it does tackle some issues that if you have people who are kind of confused about the LGBTQ situation. You can use this to lead them into like a larger discussion. And on that note, you know, both of us, we want to just say, you know, whoever you choose to love, whoever you choose to be, you know, we support you. You know, happy pride, and we're happy that you're here with us, and we hope you'll continue to be with us. Next week as we watch camp Rock, that's gonna be super fun. We have our links are in the description. Please rate and review the show. We have T shirts for sale. We have, you know, just a bunch of fun stuff going on. I do another podcast called I Hope I can make it through if my buddy Donnie we're covering de Grossi and I also have my own website, franklcota dot com where you can read my writings. This week I talked I wrote a poem about Father's Day, and I have another poem, you know, coming down the line, Coming down the Pipe for Friday. Oh, and I also talked about the new cycle Killer video starring a serious of Rowanan. It's really good. I think you should check that out as well. Not the article so much as the well check out the article, but also check out the video. She does an awesome job and I love that video so much so until next week, I'm Frank Coota and I speak you know. Farewell from Suzy Coota team codas