Speaker 1: It's Tuesday. You know what that means. It's time for ignition with the AW fan podcast team. This is Kelson and this is Alex.
Speaker 2: And there's a lot of news in the past week since since we last had our podcast, and I think we're gonna start with the freshest piece of news, not the most exciting, but the newest news in aew land, which is they just announced the new show. I believe it's starting on Saturday, after Collision, and it's ae w Overdrive. He had t Overdrive And Okay, yeah, weird that they.
Speaker 1: Named the TNT Overdrive, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, because it kind of implies that he is trying to like synergize a little bit with AW. Imagine that, Yeah, and I mean that. I think there was also a little piece of news or maybe just reporting on the fact that the month of July had passed, but that aw's exclusive negotiating window with with TNT, well Warner Brothers Discovery had passed. This kind of seems like, well, you're announcing new shows, you know, that seems a little bit promising for a continuation of their partnership.
Speaker 1: But I think Warner Brothers Discovery is doing their quarterly like not their I don't know how to explain it. It's like they're quarterly figures. They're discussing their four quarterly figures out of comfortence. So there is a chance that we may hear news tomorrow. The call is at four point thirty Eastern time. Oh, there is a chance that we may hear some news about a new deal tomorrow. I doubt it, but there is a chance. But back to Overdrive, Yeah, this is this is you know, it seems like from what I've understand, Alex, it's a show that has like adrenaline clips, you know, people doing things out of the ordinary, exciting adrenaline field and AW wrestlers will be commenting on the clips as or after they're shown. So that's where the AW park comes in. Originally, when they announced it, it was kind of ambiguous the way the announced them, you know, and it was like it was gonna be AW wrestlers doing these adrenaline stuff. I'm like Darby Allen basically, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's not that it's like people send in clips are they gower YouTube for dangerous clips of people almost dying? And it sounds kind of like a Spike TV show from back in the day type of thing.
Speaker 1: I wonder we'll have some original content made specifically for it too. You know, that could very well happen.
Speaker 3: That's gonna be weird.
Speaker 4: Reminds me of an MTV show that with Rob Dearde that he had clips and stuff and they all commented on and stuff like that. That's what it kind of reminds me. I don't know the name of it, but it's Ridiculousness.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 1: I'd be hi. No, I just thought that because the never mind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it doesn't sound like a show that you're gonna DVR or need to tune in for, but it also sounds like something that you could have in the background that I don't know.
Speaker 3: You know, it's kind of weird.
Speaker 1: It may be fun. It may be fun.
Speaker 5: Hey, I love Ridiculousness. That was one of my favorite shows for the longest time, and so I got rid of my cable and now you can go on YouTube and watch they have a.
Speaker 3: Sometimes though, you'll find a.
Speaker 5: Live version on YouTube that's just nothing but streaming Ridiculousness stuff. So, you know, it could be a lot of fun. It's just going to depend on where they get the clips from and how over the top, they.
Speaker 4: Go, well, yeah, people like Orange Cassidy commenting and stat Land or people like that who are naturally funny commenting on it. I think it'll be a good way for people to get to know AWS was on a different basis and just wrestling.
Speaker 2: Yeah, m hm, and I guess just from TNT's perspective, this is a good way to keep the AW audience potentially watching another half hour hour of TV.
Speaker 1: Well, the other more important thing is that these clips individually can show up on YouTube. You know what I mean, because look at shows like America's Got Talent or Canada's Got Talent, you'll see individual auditions being put on YouTube, and you can also put these individual clips on YouTube with the AW wrestler's reaction. What does that do? It gets people invested in AW wrestlers in a different light. And we'll be talking about something later that has another AW wrestler that's going to be doing something that you can see them in a different light. But let's move on because we do have some other stuff that we want to talk about. One of the biggest things that I thought this was pretty interesting is that the news came out from I believe it was Russell purist that broke it that the Luca Brothers, Ray, Phoenix, and Pentam will be leaving a W once there their contracts are up and moving to WWE. Uh. But interestingly, and this is what I found interesting, a W has a thing that they do, and we discussed this a couple three weeks ago, UH called a w timelines where they go through an entire career of a w wrestlers. I note that they've done, for example, Julia Hart and they covered her, covered her from her first match ever in Darker Dark Elevation all the way up until her last match. You know. At the time of the release of the episode, well today at noon Eastern time, they were lea East A premiered live a timeline aw timeline episode of the Lucha Brothers. And the reason why that's interesting is that they have since taken that video down. It's now private.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when it first came out, I was like, you know, I even made a post about it on aw fan Hub.
Speaker 1: I said, you know, why would they put this on here if they're going to WWE. So frankly, when I saw that episode, and I did watch a little bit of it, you know, it was definitely there and like I said, it's now gone. It's private, but you could definitely watch it at New and Eastern time. I think I started watching it about twelve fifteen. But anyway, why would they put that episode on if they were going to WW And I was thinking, well, that whole report was just full of shit. And I was like, okay, well the Luca brothers are staying because nobody stupid enough to put it on on YouTube this big like a these shows are like two and a half hours long, you know, let's and then they took it down. So I went from older, well they're definitely not going. It was like, well, they took it down, so they're definitely going.
Speaker 5: Now my question comes in is I've seen the same thing from about fifteen different sources, but not one single source that I would recall.
Speaker 1: Relaable are the only one that I Brian Alvarez confirmed it.
Speaker 5: Okay, because at first when I saw that, then I saw that they had done some new trademarks.
Speaker 3: You know, they went out and did some.
Speaker 1: New That was last week they did that.
Speaker 5: But I started thinking, well, are they basing this because these guys went out and got some new names. Is that why they're saying that so, like I said, I didn't seen it, Brian, he was part of the only one I haven't seen because I've seen it everywhere else every time I go on to Reddit if somebody's got something new.
Speaker 3: Lucire Brothers are going to WWE, but I just I don't know.
Speaker 5: I just don't see a reason why they would want to do that, because that limits them they can go.
Speaker 3: Anywhere they want to go.
Speaker 5: I mean, they won't be able to participate in the in the LOOTA stuff they do now, they won't be able to participate in Triple A or I don't know they still is WW still working with the other group, the other LUTI group from down in Mexico.
Speaker 2: I look, they could work with Triple A. I don't know if they are.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know that they were working with one of them at one point in time. But like that's one of the things that the Lucier Brothers are known for, is going down and doing those other shows. And to me, you know, I get the the fact that they want to move on to something new that might be a bit a step for them. But I from watching the WWE and all the different things that we've seen them and how they handle people. I think someone replied, I don't know if it was you, keilsel or someone replied to one of your posts about how they might have seen how good Cody's doing in WWE and that might want them to go there.
Speaker 3: Not the same thing. They're Latinos.
Speaker 5: Latinos in WWE are not well pushed in the first place, So I don't know, this just seems like a really weird thing.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't. Look, here's the thing with in my opinion, it's more about if they're going to WWE, they maybe getting bigger bank you never know. And the other thing is is that maybe they don't want to travel at do these indie shows, and I think they own their own promotion or whatnot. Maybe WWE has made concessions to them. Remember w W he is no longer owned by Vince McMahon and run by John Laurinidis and Nick Kahn and all that happy horseshit, you know. I mean, it's triple H and endeavor, So we don't know how they're handling things. I mean, look, they got Stephanie Veker, they got Julia, so they're obviously doing something to draw people to the company, which I think is fantastic, great, more power to them. It's all about keeping the wrestler. Look, wrestlers are going to wrestle, you know, and they're going to go out and they're going to perform. And now you've got two companies that are viable places for them to you know, to perform, you know, and owner Craft and whatever. So it is what it is. I mean, yeah, I'd.
Speaker 2: Also say that like Lucer bros. Haven't been treated all that well in the last year or longer in a you know, Penta had that that now the international title win by accident. He was not supposed to win that match. I don't think you know Phoenix Phoenix, Yeah, sorry, that's what I meant. Ray Phoenix. Yeah, he he had that match where John Moxley got concussed and he ended up winning the title. Tenta has pretty much been in the the guy that loses matches on dynamite role for the past year. LUs Phoenix has kind of been doing that while he's not been injured. So if I was them, I would see if I'm getting paid the same amount to go into WWE, it might be like a fresh start for them. I think Penta especially is a guy that they could have done a lot more with in a W in the time that they've had him, you know, when they had that, like Penta oscuro thing and Alex Abrahnt days dressed as the cripkeeper. I think things like that are cool. Like in Luca Underground, he was the guy that broke people's arms and he had he was kind of the main character of that show in a.
Speaker 3: Lot of ways.
Speaker 2: And it hasn't really translated to AW as much as I thought it would for him.
Speaker 1: So I understand now, Alex, do you think that you know, part of it has been Ray Phoenix has been injured quite a bit the last year year.
Speaker 3: And a half.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that that is probably a big part of it. That it's kind of been stop and start for both of them because they want to do death Triangle stuff and they want to do tag team stuff with them and they can't because it's on and off. But you know, Penta's been there for more and more often than not, and it feels like he could have done something in the meantime. You know, sometimes in AW, they they have trouble pivoting when people are injured and they don't spline.
Speaker 1: I have a question to ask everybody. Do you think that the Luca Brothers potentially leaving has to do somewhat with We've talked about this before, aw's total apathy towards the tag team event. Well, look, who are the tag team champions right now? The Young Bucks. What was the last time you saw the Young Bucks defend the championship? That they have never?
Speaker 5: They haven't defended it yet, And yeah, you might be right, that could be one of the reasons why they're leaving. Although the tag team division in ww's not all that great, they me would probably be the top tag team aid in WWE immediately.
Speaker 1: But again I will by saying I just want to back that up by saying, you know that I have the Greatness of Wrestling subreddit, which is more centered on WWE, and there have been many posts just saying is it me or is the w w E tag team division total crap right now? So if you if you put the two tag team divisions together, they've probably had more.
Speaker 5: Any other kind of match matches in the last year combined than tag team matches, and both of them combined, there's just it's just not happening. But again, the injuries have been a huge portion of this, and I'm not sure you know, we can sit there and go, well, they want to use them for the Trios, T team with the Death Triangle or the tag team division, and Pentom may not have wanted to be a solo guy, but the problem he falls into then is he's just one of how many guys do they have that are that are capable of putting on massive shows or massive matches and people are getting lost in the in the in the shuffle unfortunately.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I agree with that. I'm gonna say that I think WWE fans will eat them. I think Cody put in a good word for them Triple H, and I think Triple H really looks to Cody's for some guidance on people like that. But they'll do great. I don't think they need to be a tag team. I think Penta by himself is a star. I don't know that Phoenix in in my opinion as much as Penta is. But I think they'll do good. I hope they don't get stuck in the Luke to Vortex that is Speed Championship and stuff like that, but I think they'll do just just buying over there.
Speaker 1: And I'll throw one other thing out there. Look at Hologram. He comes in and he is so much more over that Ray, Phoenix and Penta are right now, and that has to be you know, stabbed to the ego. The new guy comes in and he's over. I mean it happens. You know, the new toy is always going to be the best toy until you get tired of the new toy and they just become an old toy. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And that's what's kind of great about the fact that we have these two companies because they could leave AW and come back two years later, three years later and they're better than ever. Everyone's super excited to see them again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, absolutely saw Alex. Let's move on and what do you want to talk about next?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so, you know some of the drama and this has been ongoing for the last week, but britt Baker was suspended after an altercation with MJF backstage. Not a physical fight, but I guess they were arguing and apparently during MJF and will Osprey's hour long match, britt Baker was in the female locker room talking trash about both MJF and will ospray and take this with a grain of salt. This is just you know, wrestling dirt sheet reporting, So it could be completely false, but I think for sure Britt Baker has been suspended. But anyway, so she was talking badly about their match, their hour long match, possibly because they were taking time away from other people in AW. Mjf's girlfriend, Alicia Taut was also in the woman's locker room hearing Britt Baker talk trash about MJF. She ended up telling him afterwards, and then he confronted brit Baker and after confronting her, ended up punching a wall or something, and Britt Baker ended up getting suspended because she was not Not only was she mad with MJF, she was also mad at Alicia Teut I guess for telling MJF.
Speaker 1: It was mat at will Osbury too, according to reports. But but and I'm going to say this is a big butt. Let me make two points here. Number one, none of us were here, were there, So anything we say about it as far as the opinions of MJF, Britt Baker, will Osprey, Alicia Taut his total bullshit and made up porseshit, honest to god. Second thing is is that, according to the reports, a lot of people are saying, well, why didn't MGF get suspended for punching a wall and going into the women's locker room. The reports are that MJF did punch the wall. No, he made a point of walking down the hall where nobody was around and he punched the wall. Back then at that time, when he went into the women's locker room, he knocked. He was invited in, so he didn't just barge in, you know. So that is something that was in the reports. You know, everything else that, like Alex said, is basically true about what brit Baker allegedly said. Uh. And before we get into everybody else's uh uh bit talking on Britt Baker, which I'm sure it's gonna happen, totally off topic, but uh also off topic breaking news that was just released recently about Britt Baker. She is now part of the cast on the final season of Cobra Tie on Netflix, which is great news because again that gets aw exposure in the mainstream, which is what is really needed. Okay, so what is everybody else's opinion on the Britt Baker MGF. Will Osprey is part of this too at Alice shuts out thing.
Speaker 3: So so my take on. This is the same as it's always going to be and it didn't change.
Speaker 5: Okay, here's here, here's here's the reality of the situation. Britt Baker, according to what I've read from everybody that was the things that are going around, was complaining because it's taking time away from her. Okay, she's pissed off because MJF and them got a whole hour of a show and she didn't get to be on TV, Which comes back to what I've said about her from the beginning. She has this attitude that she she believes the hype that she is the women's division. She has no qualms about claiming and believing the claims that she makes. My argument for that is for a year she's been gone and the division got five to ten times better than when she was there.
Speaker 1: That's fair. But I do want to point out something to you that at no report that I read, she was upset that MJF and will Osprey got an hour, but she never said anything about that's taking a time away from me.
Speaker 5: Well, she was gonna talk about it, That's what The first the first report that I saw about this when before we it came out last week, was that was what it was about. She was complaining backstage because she's unhappy that she's back and she's not getting any time, which that's that's how she's always been. She thinks that that's about her and that she's there she should be above everybody else.
Speaker 3: But that's just how she's always been.
Speaker 5: They had a what was the show they did for a little while after.
Speaker 3: Dynamite where they were.
Speaker 1: Years ago?
Speaker 5: Okay, the that is she made that show about her. If you go back and watch that show, every show was about Britt Baker.
Speaker 3: And and that was one of the things. It all came down to the same thing.
Speaker 1: No bearing on what happened. She didn't get she did not get. She did not get uh suspended for she got two years ago.
Speaker 5: She got suspended because she she got suspended because she went up against the baby face of the of the company.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna throw something out. I'm gonna throw something else at you when I say you, I want to. I want to make this clear that I want everybody to hear this and everybody who have a chance to respond. Saturday, we had a w w E pay per view What are ther Bigger Ones of the year Summer Slam what's the best way to take attention away from SummerSlam? Put it on a w because a w knew that they weren't going to get a whole hell of a lot of exposure on Collision because they had it going on the same day as Summer Slam at a horrible time slot, you know, at five PM, you know, middle of the afternoon on the web. You're not going to get any viewers that way. Matter of fact, when the ratings came out, they had one hundred and eighty nine thousand viewers, but frankly, I was expecting one hundred and fifty thousand. I was kind of shocked that they got more than that. But I will throw it out there that this was not a big deal and that any if AW people are listening to this, you know, they're probably like, well, we did our job, because they're talking about it.
Speaker 3: Still.
Speaker 1: I don't even think this even happened. I mean to be honest with I don't think this happened. I think this was something to take a little bit of attention and put it on AW. Would they do they were going to get any attention on SummerSlam weekend because because Rampage did crap collision did crap expected, but people were talking about AW. No. You know, bad press is better than no press at all. I honestly think that this was made a bigger deal than it really was.
Speaker 2: I can't imagine it was fake because I can't imagine AW want to have more locker room drama because they ever since all the cmpunk stuff, they've been just tied to locker room drama and it they want to get away from that as much as possible. This situation, though, is Yeah, I agree one hundred percent with Kelson, it's not a big deal. It's probably happened a million times in wrestling locker rooms that a talent has complained about another talent getting too much time. It probably happened at the same week multiple times at WWE and so on and so forth. Like that's like as story as old as time. It sounds like it blew up because there's maybe passed between MJF and Britt that's you know, they have the issues, and it is weird that it even got out. But maybe that's because of these wrestling journalists just wanting to cash in on AW drama.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll say that too. I agree it happened. I think it was overblown and done with by and it was quickly done with and no one would have known about it if this wasn't leaked by somebody. I don't know who leaked it to this guy, but it's not a big It is a big deal for me and the fact that Britt needs to realize that she's not what she thinks she is and you can't win for los and honestly, because you know you want ratings and you want a good match, and yet MJF and Osprey put on great matches, so why not have them there? What does it matter how how long they get, because the women's division is getting plenty and it's not around Britt Baker anymore, and it couldn't be. But I think maybe this helps him a little bit this weekend getting the news. But I think at some point they need to address Britt. They need to address how things are leaked and why things are leaked at some point because it's tiring of every time I turn around, you heart aw backstraight drama and somebody is leaking it to somebody, And it blows my mind that you don't hear this stuff about WWE, but you all the time hear about aw and I wonder why that is.
Speaker 1: Well, I will say this to UMK. The person that leaked this is very likely the same person that busted into the conference room at the airport in Narlington, Texas and took that picture of Shane McMahon and Tony Kahn. Because that's what Tony Cohn said. Somebody just busted in the room and took a picture. It was his words, I was diying lapping only to k could say that. I don't know. But anyway, anybody else anything that's say before we move on. So, speaking of Tony, let's talk about this Tony Khan and Shane McMahon meeting, because Tony Khan did speak to ESPN Los Angeles and told them what was said in the meeting. And I'm going to read a very brief I'm not going to reread the whole thing, but I'm gonna read an excerpt from what Tony Khan said. All right, and I'm reading, so this takes a while, so I'm gonna do this. Okay, Ready, here we go.
Speaker 6: He is a very smart person with about wrestling, and I thought he was a great guy. We have a lot of mutual friends and we both happen to be in Dallas. A mutual friend linked us up who is one of the bigger wrestlers our names in wrestling, and that friend put us on a.
Speaker 1: Group chat that was my over hyped, over enthusiastic in person of Tony Kahn saying anything.
Speaker 6: It's like, hey, honey, could you give me some toilet paper in the bathroom?
Speaker 1: You know kind of thing. You know, it's just party. Conn just drives me insane. The way he talks is I love to death, but he gets more excited about the dumbest shit I've ever seen in my life. But yeah, so anyway, and then he did further on to go go on to say uh and this is the part that got me. You know, clearly there was a lot of interest in it. Somebody in the middle of talking in an airport conference room, somebody just boasted it, busted in and took a photo. And I'm thinking to myself, so he just busted They didn't Can somebody come and take a photo because it was for us? Just whatever?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, what you were saying about the brit story getting being leaked on purpose, this story was definitely leaked one.
Speaker 3: I mean, you you.
Speaker 1: Know, Shane McMahon also said made a little bit of a statement. I don't have it in front of me, but he basically said the same thing. You know, just two guys talking wrestling, you know, and having fun. You know they had a mutual friend was probably Mercedes Bonett because we know that Mercedes Bonet talked to Shane McMahon at the airport.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't see him coming to AW. I don't think we ao you needs him particularly. He's fun to have around, fun to get some ideas from. But past that, I think it was just they just need to proof because no one believed it. So that photo was what it was. That like, shut up that this happened and we're down with it.
Speaker 1: Meant, look, Shane's not going to be a wrestler. If he came to AW, would not be a wrestler. He'll probably not being part of creative. If anything, he would just be one of those guys who portray somebody who's part of creative, you know, like a general manager or something like that, even though he has no power whatsoever other than kfabe. But here's the thing, if Shane McMahon came to AW, it would definitely get some views. It would definitely have some legitimate name recognition at the AAW because a McMahon and AAW or any company outside of WWE is a big deal. You know, AW could stand to do something to rile things up. Even if it doesn't you know, pan out over a long term. Even if Shane McMahon signed a three month contract, it would still be something to get people to watch the show and maybe get retained as watching the show. I'll say about.
Speaker 2: That, Yeah, I think it kind of reminds me a lot of them showing the backstage clip with see Him Punk, and I think that, you know, in the end was a positive for them. It was controversial, but it brought us to the show and they also made it into a great angle and it did great for Jack Perry. Bringing Shane McMahon. Yeah, there's a bad taste in my mouth just because of his father and because you know, there was some rumors of him being kind of egomaniac in some of his later days in WWE. But yeah, I think it could be really good if they handle it well. And I you know, he wouldn't be brought in right away to work backstage as a producer or a writer or something, but he could end up if he's with AW for a while, he could become more and more involved over time. You know, it's a big risk, but I think there could potentially be a lot of positives from it.
Speaker 1: I'll think it. It's a big risk because as soon as Shane mcmanca when CM punk had his hap, When AW aired the backstage footage of CM punk and Jack Perry and all that that happened with Samoa Joe and County Kahn or whatever, it got the best ratings at the time of any recent shows. But they aired that and WWE fans were coming onto the AW fan I'm saw Breddit saying things like, well, you needed CM punk to come back and to get those ratings, And I'm thinking to myself, so.
Speaker 7: Seriously, So the biggest thing you have to worry about with Shane is the well, the thing that that they don't have to worry about him is I don't think he is at all tied end to his father's mistakes.
Speaker 3: That's a good thing because if that was a.
Speaker 5: Problem, if there was any kind of link there at all, or thought of a link there, that would be a bad thing. The ones I find the funniest there are the plans of the new stable that Seam is going to bring with him. God, yeah, I mean it's I've seen a different one every day.
Speaker 1: It's going to preposterous.
Speaker 2: Best ones.
Speaker 3: What's that?
Speaker 2: What are the best ones?
Speaker 1: Just every w w W wrestler and that's the best ones.
Speaker 5: The best one I saw was that he was bringing Shame Seamus and uh the other guy, the Scottish guy I can't think of his name right now, Maken Tire, and they were going to team up and it was going to be those two and they were gonna have I mean, I've seen every member of the a WWE roster coming to the ae.
Speaker 1: W Irish Irish No.
Speaker 3: No, no, no.
Speaker 1: It's just like there are literally articles written by these click bait. The big thing about.
Speaker 5: It, yeah one with me with with Drew McIntyre is his contract is actually in dispute right now. They haven't he hasn't been re signed yet, so he's still kind of floating. So there could be a chance he could come anyway. But it's just if you go out and.
Speaker 3: What if you look it up on look it up on eight.
Speaker 5: On YouTube, and I swear to god, you'll see a thousand videos and it's abously just google it too.
Speaker 1: But look, I'm gonna say this, this is since here. If McMahon does come to a W no one from w W E is jumping no one not for shave mc now if somebody's contract expires. But I don't think man, even if Shae McMahon had a long term contract, sure he may say, you know, just look. The one thing I will say about Shaye McMann is, I've never heard anything really bad about Shaye McMahon. His father is a dirt bag, but you can't hold that against his son.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 5: Well, I've heard some I've heard some things about him from people who have been there, but it's it's like everything else, it's hearsay. You don't know, you don't know what's happening, you don't know what kind of a person he is. Everything I've ever seen from Shane shame seems like he.
Speaker 3: Knows what he's doing. The biggest thing from me wanting to see him.
Speaker 5: In a W is he if he came in and was able to help Tony work out some of the issues he has with being able to pivot when there's an injury or change something up when something happens. We all know he doesn't do well if at all, you know, that might be something. I mean, Shane's got a lot of pluses that he could bring to ae W.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I don't think he was that involved in the backstage politics, productioned booking, creative.
Speaker 2: WW as much as maybe fifteen even twenty years ago. But yeah, recently, definitely not at all.
Speaker 3: But the thing is, it doesn't matter if it was twenty years ago. It's still experienced that.
Speaker 5: I love Tony to death, but Tony doesn't have that same experience, you know what I mean. He's been doing this for five years. It's been a lifelong dream of his, but his inexperience at handling a wrestling wrestling company shows at times when you have things happen, like when you have Bigger getting hurt and the title being out there, or when you have you know, stat Lander getting hurt and keep being a title on somebody forever to keep your plan going when you could have done something in between that time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: And Shane has the experience, so that would be a plus to AW by far if that's what happens. But again, it's like everything else, we have no idea what they've talked about.
Speaker 1: And then the one of one of the things that I can say honestly is that in the last year, I mean party Conn has brought in Will Washington, He's brought in Jen Pepperman, and things have really, really, really been better since they've been here. So adding somebody like Shane McMahon, who, if nothing else, has been backstage in that wrestling business, and even if he did nothing but listen, he's still learned a lot.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, Vince was Although Vince had his issues, wrestling would not be the same today if it wasn't for Vince. I mean, you can, you can hold everything against him you want to hold against him.
Speaker 3: But he put wrestling where it is now.
Speaker 7: Even though he was an idiot most of the time, he still did more for wrestling than anybody else has ever done.
Speaker 3: So you know, if if you take if you.
Speaker 5: Are your father is the greatest cook in the world, and you are in that kitchen with him all the time, there's a chance you're gonna pick something up, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because that's what I just said.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in like yeah, from a story perspective, Yeah, I don't know if he really needs to even bring anything, but from how to manage backstage personalities stuff like that. That's where I could see his value more. And I don't know if that's something he'd be good at. He might be one of those personalities that needs to be managed if he's backstage and aw, so you know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Good point, you don't know. Yeah, that really is a good point.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, did you have anything you wanted to say about this?
Speaker 4: No, it's all hearsay.
Speaker 1: It's yeah, there you go, kind of like the whole Britt Baker and MGF things. It's all here saying brothers talk about a lot of hearsay. So yeah, what's next on the hearsay list?
Speaker 2: What's on the dirt sheets?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: Okay, So we had, uh, there's not much to this, but we had powerhouse. Hobbes tweeted don't call it a comeback and a picture of himself with the Book of Hobbes. So it sounds like he could be returning soon and I hope. So, yeah, I'll say this, I'm pretty excited about him returning for sure. I know we've talked about it recently, like Lance Archer and Brian Cage and how aw hasn't really had a big guy that's in the championship picture or could be the top aw world champion, And he's like the one guy that I would hope they could change that for because he seems like a guy that has all the tools, he has a great personality, and he could be a world champion one day.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You know one of the things that I've always said about Hobbs, and you could back me up on this, Alex, because I know that you and I have privately said this to each other. Hobbs strikes me as just an all round good dude. You know, you can't help but root for him. Sure, he plays the heel, but you can see behind the facade, you can see that he's probably in my mind, when I see Hobbs, I see a big teddy bear acting like a mean guy. I don't know if that makes much sense, but I just he just seems like he's probably the nicest guy in the locker room, and I can't help but root for Hobbs. Honest to god, I'd love to beat the guy and to spend the hangout with him, just to you know.
Speaker 5: If you see stories about him, that's what everybody says he's the big teddy bear, like you said, and hopefully if he does when he does come back, he can get run as a solo artist and let him do his thing. Don't put him in with the groups like they've been doing, because he's kind of falling into that a little bit, with the same thing that like other big guys have.
Speaker 1: Done this, we could never do anything outside of a group. And finally he said enough, And I think you're right to have Hobbs say enough. Get away from the don Kallis family, get away from Chris Jericho, get away from everybody. Just be powerhouse Hobbs.
Speaker 3: That would be awesome to see.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've joked that AEW needs a super heavyweight division and where they could utilize guys like that, and I think Hobbs would be a great champion for that. They need that they have such big guys, but they don't, but Tony doesn't know how to use him and Hobbes. Cobbs has great but so he's had some good match He worked a good match with Sampunk when he was here, so I really him coming back will be great. So we'll see what happens. I'm not hopeful because I know how Tony Is, but we'll see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's definitely an opportunity to hit the reset button, present him like a big deal and just let him do his thing.
Speaker 3: Anyways, we can move on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's move on. I'm actually really excited about this. As most of us know, Ada Jay is going to start them to compete in their five Star Grand Prix, which is a twenty one day tournament very similar to the Continental Classic in aw and the g One in New Japan, but it's one ty eight women in four different brackets, two wins for two points for a win, one point for the loss. The four top four get into the into the into the semi finals, and the winner of the Five Star Grand Prix gets a shot at any title in stardom, and Anna J is part of that. Now. Anna J pulled one of my favorite wrestlers in stardom SIIH and O Saori know as a first opponent, and that's gonna be taking place on August tenth. It'll be an early morning match. You can go on stardom Hyphenworld dot com and I believe they have a seven day free trial so you can watch at least the first week. Because like Anna J is gonna have like three matches in like at least two matches in that very first week, and there's a ton of matches that they're gonna be also good. But one person, one starter wrestler that announced that she will not be participating in the five Star Grand Prix is Mina Shirakawa. And she further announced and her quote was, Mina Shirakawa is spending her summer in America. Well guess what that means. That means Mina Shirakawa is coming to AEW and she is going to be a player. I would not be surprised to see her at all in She's I wouldn't be surprised to see her tomorrow night on Dynamite and look. But before we go any further, yes, Mina Shirakawa said that Mina Shirakawa is spending her summer in America. Yes, I know it's August and summer is winding down. Okay. I made this post on the aw fan Hub subreddit, and I hate to say this, but it's true. Every fucking idiot in the world made a comment about it being the is almost over. Who gives a ship.
Speaker 2: Could be different?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: Like over.
Speaker 2: In summer periods.
Speaker 1: Right. I'm sorry for the language, but I mean, god damn it. I mean, are you guys death hard up for something in your life that you have to make a comment about something like that that who gives a ship go to hell up Jesus. But anyway, yeah, so, you know we were talking, you know, when this whole Mariah May Tony Storm Mina Shrikawa thing was going on and Mina lost the match to Tony Storm at Forbidden Door. We thought at that time that it wasn't over. It's not over, and I'm really excited to see me to share a Kawa And what the hell is she gonna do? Who's she going to side with? Would it be something? Is she sided with Tony Storm?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think that's kind of what I've been thinking this whole time, ever since you know, Mina shir Kawa left knowing Mariah May was going to betray her at some point. You know, I don't know. I think this this feud has kind of stagnated, in my opinion a little bit since the betrayal. It's been just a little bit lacking for me in terms of Mariah May's character. So I think that having Mina Shiri Kawa could be a huge boost to this, make it a lot more interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I mean we did see on Collision, the one hundred and eighty nine thousand people that watched it as I as I was one of them, we did see yeah that Toty Tony Storm had a match, a squash match, but Brian May was on commentary and Toty story came out. You were just made it b Lie to Maria bab beat out of her. So it was pretty impressive.
Speaker 4: Uh so I'm interested. Good, Yeah, sorry, I'm I'm interested in the next turn for what they have planned or uh for this view, it's been good, but they've been kind of for they're nothing at Simmer for a little bit. But now it's time to really turn turn at the Heat and and start getting them actually touching each other. I know that's kind of weird to say, but they haven't really gotten face to face yet that much, so I think that'll be interested in the promo working off of each other. But this this, in my opinion, I've said it for a while, these two should main event.
Speaker 1: All in, It's definitely more compelling match to be than Brian Danielson and swear Strickland right now.
Speaker 5: I'm kind of hoping that when she comes in that she does side with Tony, but to further the demise of the Tony Storm character, she turns on her it all In because the history is not there for her and Tony. The history's there with her and Mariah. So you know, this could lead to an even further destruction of the Tony Storm character. That could lead her to a total, complete meltdown. That would be interesting.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna argue with you and say that she's pretty much completely had a total complete belt out already. Yeah, but what is she gonna do? Start eating grab it in the ring? I mean you can go a lot.
Speaker 3: Of you can go a lot further with this.
Speaker 5: I mean there's a lot since it is taking that kind of uh mommy gears, all the different old movies that were like in this thing.
Speaker 3: There's a lot worse that she can do. A whole lot worse that she can do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they also run the risk of making it look like a cartoon character and then losing the the fantasy of it, I guess. But look, all In is only like three weeks away, so it is so these next three weeks of especially the next two weeks of Dynamite, because after these next two Dynamites, the next Dynamite and Collision are going to be in in England. So uh yeah, so we're gonna probably find out who's over these next couple of weeks of Dynamite and Rampage and Collision, we're gonna probably find out who's actually going to be in all In and who's gonna be in Cardiff before at the Dynamite Collision before all In. Because don't get me wrong, these those shows in Cardiff in Cardiff are going to be very important because they're gonna be almost like pay per views before the pay per view kind of thing. That's the way they're gonna be received. They can't just go out there and throw they can't just go out there, and I don't believe they will. They can't go out to Cardiff and throw out you know, fock talk segments and squash matches. There's gonna be some meaningful matches there. I think you're gonna see some announcements in the next couple of weeks, like let's do this match in Cardiff at you know it, you know, in two weeks. I think they're gonna make matches for Cardiff very soon, maybe even starting this week.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm. Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like them going to Canada for the first time because it's them going doing a dynamite outside of North America for the first time, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And it's also Whale, so I imagine Pac will be a big part of that because he's.
Speaker 1: Welsh, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think it'll be a huge show. And I I know we have Kyle Fletcher versus m j F which is a big match only to me tomorrow. But his last name was flesh Light, Yeah, yeah, they changed it.
Speaker 1: Gotta love MGF with his he's just he's you know what FGF is right now, he's not He's not the scumbag that he used to be. He's literally an Internet troll.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did you see his entrance in in Mexico and Arena Mexico was beautiful.
Speaker 4: The whole thing.
Speaker 1: It's it's just it. It's just everything he did for Mexico is like his promos sitting in the ice tub, you know, and then his interview before the match was it. And Jeff just knows what he's doing and he's like a cartoon character at this point. But he still knows what he's doing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love he's He's literally the best thing in wrestling right now. I think I don't think it's Cody Rose. I think he's more maintaining than a lot of people get him credit for.
Speaker 1: But he's definitely want to hear what he has to say.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So have you guys heard about the collision Matt with Prazo versus Road and a bull rip a bull rope match. I think it's kind of interesting to see women get these type of matches. I don't think I've seen one of those types of matches before.
Speaker 1: A w has been really exploring those matches a lot more lately. Look at Layla Hershel Diamante at that before dishonor that was as some war mm yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah. The bull rope match, I think.
Speaker 2: You gotta like touch all four corners and then in the opponent or something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I believe.
Speaker 5: So'st the risk by a bull rope by a rope and you have to touch consecutive corners, all four of them to win.
Speaker 3: That's that's the rules.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 4: So hopefully this but it's been a good one, but I think people have kind of it's been up and down because it's not constant, so you don't see it all the time. But it's been a pretty good view with those two.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I just don't know what the endgame is here, because I believe Prozzo is up three to one in their matches. So even if Russell wins this match, she's still behind. Does that mean we're gonna have a match for the tie it all in or a cardiff. I don't understand what the end The only end game I could think of happening here is that somehow, some way, something happens where Perozzo and Rosa end up as partners, kind of a throwback to the old uh Dusty Rhodes and Ole Anderson becoming unlikely partners for a while, to Goo gets Ivan and uh Nikita cole Off. I believe it was back in the old Georgia Championship Wrestling days. It was it was just so out there, and how are they going to do this? They're gonna make the AW Women's Tag Team Championship belt have a blind draw, and is gonna be Rosa and Frazzo. That's the only way that I can see this happening, and is be eerily reminiscent of the whole energy have an Adam Cole thing, but too polar opposites together and look how good that worked. If it ain't Britt Broke, don't fix it or whatever it is I sent that backwards. Dyslexi is a little thing.
Speaker 4: M h.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, yeah, they could do a little tournament, a blind tag tournament for new women's tag title belts right after all in I think that could be pretty cool. And then of course all the teams will be super obvious, like it'll be Monet and Camille and so on and so forth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, it's a fame that sky blew with Julia Harder Hurt and you know, Britt Baker and Jamie Hater. That could be a good one to come back for Raider, you know. So Yeah, I mean it's time. It is time to get the women's tag championship belts in there. It's the.
Speaker 5: Only problem I have with that is, look what they've done to the men's tag side. I mean literally there's nothing. I mean, they're you're chasing away one of the best tag teams in the world if they leave, because the men's side can't be can't get the tag Team Division going, I'm not sure they're gonna be able to do anything with the women's side.
Speaker 1: Well, the big, the big difference is is that there's no trios felt to the women's side, and if they do that, I will personally go run. I'll meet Tony Kahn at the Arlington Private Airport and kick him in the nutsack.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you know that's the that's the that's the that's the way it goes. You get a tag team trios.
Speaker 4: I mean, are they putting it on the shelf with the storyline say that the E DPS aren't going to defend this, so they're trying to promote the trio title, which I don't like the trio title anyway, but I kind of put it on the back burner for a reason. To do that. I think it's a waste of time. I think the Tag Team division deserves it more. I don't care about a plane doing it. I know them an str are in it, and I don't know who's face and who's deal in that situation, but we'll see what I don't. I think then if that's the tag division and just get rid of that, well.
Speaker 1: The whole thing problem, my big thing is I'm sorry. We'll hear about your big problem in a minute, because we know you love your big problems. My whole, my whole thought process is with and that's one of the reasons why the Luca Brothers are probably like, let's keeping us here. The tag team. The Belts have not been defended in what three months or whatever it is, I don't know, it seems like a half a year. And Tony Con is completely infatuated with FTR and be acclaimed and you know, you can even throw maybe the guns in there over how many how many tag teams do you think Tony Con is putting above the Luca Brothers right now? There's too many.
Speaker 5: The track and the sad part about it is they had the trios titles down to one set and split them again, yea, for no reason.
Speaker 7: I mean unless you're going to and this is the thing they said, well, we're bringing back.
Speaker 3: The R O H tag that the oh, the R O H trios tag titles. Separate it.
Speaker 5: If you're gonna do it, separate them, stop putting them together, because it doesn't make any sense if you count all the titles on the men's.
Speaker 3: Side, including R O H. Because they're defending r O these titles everywhere. You've got trios.
Speaker 5: On both, You've got a world championship on both, you've got a tag team on both. Why r O H and AW if they're supposed to be separate entities make it that way, stop bringing their champions over with them on their own show.
Speaker 1: Well, Tony Kahn is talking about rebranding r o H to a W r O H. So, unfortunately you're going to see a lot more r O H and AW together people go with the r O H and defending or what.
Speaker 3: I'm thinking that's more or less done so that.
Speaker 5: He can get with w B, with W with Time Warner. He wants them to use them, and they're not going to do it. They don't want anything to do with r o H. So he wants to rebrand it so that they can get their show on that.
Speaker 3: Used to be whatever the hell it is.
Speaker 1: Better.
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, they should, they should keep.
Speaker 3: Those I'm old, my brain don't work like that anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would keep the trios, keep the trios on exclusive to r O AGE, have the tag exclusive to a W. You know, maybe get rid of one of their other singles titles in a W and and then a lot better off. Yeah, one of them, I won't I want to.
Speaker 1: But if you didn't want to get rid of the ft W Championship because it's so precious to you, honestly, you could actually and I've said this before and people have agreed with me. What's the difference between the International and Continental championship? Yeah, I combine them.
Speaker 2: I think here's my thought. They should take the continental, combine it with the world title, and just say the Continental tournament is for a world title shot. And I feel like they should have done that before. I think they just wanted to give Eddie three belts.
Speaker 1: Four belts.
Speaker 5: They could move one of them to the tow r o H two. They could take the international title and move it over there.
Speaker 1: That's true, to give.
Speaker 3: Them another title because they only have.
Speaker 5: T They've got the world title, they got the television title, and they've got the tag team titles.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 5: Well yeah and the pure Okay, so you got four move them another one out there that that makes you room for that gives you a whole new class of people that the whole new group of people that could defend it, a whole new group of people that could because you've got to do something to build more so to build ro Oh than you do a W because with R O H being gone and then coming back, it kind of lost some of its luster.
Speaker 3: So you know that.
Speaker 5: Think that's why he wants to rebrand it so he can get WBD to to bring it onto television because they won't have the excuse saying we don't well it's not Oh anymore, it's aw Rhea.
Speaker 1: So library is still on Honor Club.
Speaker 3: But that would be the best thing to do over there.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, look, we just hit the hour mark, so I think this is a good time to, you know, end this episode of Ignition. We will be back tomorrow night to talk about AW Dynamite on All the Talk. I hope you'll listen to that. We'll have that posted up on Thursday. I don't know. I just think that we're going to have a pretty special couple of weeks, especially on Dynamite. You know. So I'm looking for some stuff to happen. I really am. I wouldn't be if Shaye McMahan is coming to to a W I would be surprised if he didn't show up tomorrow night. Seriously, it makes sense. It makes sense that's advertising. I mean, it's something it'll definitely bring in the views, especially if he comes in like a you know, during the ten five hour you know, as as it's going off the air. If he comes out and just shows up, it'll get people talking about next week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would be cool.
Speaker 1: That would be cool. So we'll see, the same thing can be said for Britt Baker. The same thing can be said for someone like Adam Cole even coming back, because he's been posting about his move to Pennsylvania individually. Does that mean that he and Britt Baker a broken up? Hmmm, who cares.
Speaker 2: It's pennsylvani that's like Pittsburgh, right, Yes, yes.
Speaker 5: That was kind of funny that he's moving to Pennsylvania.
Speaker 3: So wait a minute. Okay, well he.
Speaker 1: Lives in Florida, and if he's usually you're dating somebody you live in the same town. So I'm thinking they probably did, you know, with each other.
Speaker 5: But that's one of those that's one of those stories that you know, they have to have something to talk about.
Speaker 3: Oh, look he's moving Pennsylvania. Duh, she's in Pennsylvania.
Speaker 1: I just I'm just throwing at him. Poule out there because I think that we may see him. I think based on what I've seen, he may be just about cleared. So if you that with all in coming up, we're gonna see some stuff. I'm telling you, we're gonna see some interesting stuff. Look, we already got Kamille.
Speaker 2: Adam needs to come out and attack the Undisputed Kingdom.
Speaker 3: He does.
Speaker 1: War, come out and save the Undisputed Kingdom.
Speaker 5: He needs to come out and send and tell them to go back to r O H and grow up.
Speaker 3: There you go? All right, bet you better?
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, guys, Well we will see you tomorrow after Dynamite. Join us on the live chat at aw fan Hub sub reddit forty a w fan podcast team. This is Kelson, This is Alex. All the way you said that you copied me like a robot anyway, because I sounded like a robot anyway, good night, everybody, night, guys,