Speaker 1: God channeling is dinner.
Speaker 2: Cirk get them Dives makes the cat backhand sign.
Speaker 1: Dustin off that gold globe said, you want my spot, come and get it?
Speaker 3: Wanna take your shot. We're waiting for you. Ben, You're looking real hot.
Speaker 4: Come and get it.
Speaker 2: We're here.
Speaker 3: The road comes through La.
Speaker 2: Come get it.
Speaker 3: If you won't it, I got it.
Speaker 1: Do you think you can beat this team in a series?
Speaker 2: I do it best overall, Miss Dan Klass Padres.
Speaker 3: Fans can line up to kiss our top sp ring.
Speaker 2: You gotta do what I do if you won't my spot.
Speaker 4: Welcome to Dodgers on tack. Now your host walking you up to first pitch. Tim Kas Hi.
Speaker 5: Everybody, and welcome in to my Wrongo casino.
Speaker 1: Dodgers on neck.
Speaker 5: Hope you're enjoying your early start to your Fourth of July weekend as you're Los Angeles Dodgers, the world champs fifty five and thirty two on this season, first place and all alone, a toppy l last. After last night's milestone night for Clayton Kershaw, the Dodgers back at it again tonight as they go for the sweep of the Chicago White Sox. Dust In May on the mound, first pitch coming up at seven to ten. Coming up over the next hour here on Morongo Causeino Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 1: We got a lot to get.
Speaker 5: To here, including hearing from the manager, Dave Roberts. We'll dive deeper into this series finale pitching matchup. David Vasan's gonna go one on one.
Speaker 1: With Jim Wolf.
Speaker 5: He was behind the plate last night, the umpire behind the plate for Clayton Kershaw's three thousands strikeouts. We'll hear from the pride of the eight one eight Jim Wolf coming up in forty five minutes. We got your Dodgers magical moments. Shortly Kirsten Watson from Sports and at LA. We'll stop by it in just a few minutes. We head on out to the Galpin Motors broadcast booth with Tim Nevertt and Rick Monday.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 1: Last night was all about number twenty two.
Speaker 5: Clayton Kershaw is twenty two, went for three thousand. He was three bike out shy of three thousand in his Hall of Fame career. Only nineteen other pitchers have done it in the history of this fine game that we call baseball. Clayton Kershaw last night got a strikeout unto the third. He got a strikeout in the fifth, but the pitch count was starting to mount. As the Dodgers left hander went back out.
Speaker 1: To the mound.
Speaker 5: In the sixth inning two outs, Max Munty would get taken out of third base had to come out of the game with a knee injury. More on that coming up. So the Clayton Kershaw pared down throwing strikes and he got it.
Speaker 7: One ball, two strikes, two capra betherre than fifty thousand on their feet at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 3: One two pitch, strike.
Speaker 6: Three cold there it is Pete cut them with a slider, strike out number three thousand for Clayton Kershaw history at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 3: They will stop the game.
Speaker 7: Hershaw toughing his cap to the crowd, this adoring crowd here at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 3: As Clayton Kershaw.
Speaker 7: Enters the three thousand club, just the twentieth member and only the fourth left hander in the history of the game with three thousand strikeouts, every one of them coming in a Dodger uniform.
Speaker 5: What a moment for Clayton Kershaw, What a moment for his family and friends and Dodger Nation. Last night to see and here at strikeout number three thousand of his Hall of Fame career. That is the top tier play of the game, brought to by Arco quality, top tier gas for less. Clayton Kershaw six innings, gave a four runs, nine hits. He'd admit wasn't his finest outing, Bud. He needed three strikeouts and he got to it in the sixth inning as he gets the three thousand, becoming the twentieth pitcher in baseball history to reach that feet Meanwhile, back on the field, Max Months he left the game with the knee injury. Dodgers were down four to two going to the bottom half of the ninth and he win again. The Dodgers a little late inning magic show. Hey Otani grounded in to a fielder's choice that scored Michael Kindifford.
Speaker 1: It it was a four to three game.
Speaker 5: Then Mookie Betts as sack fly scoring Tommy Edmund that tied the game at four. So runners on for Freddie Freeman in the bottom of the ninth.
Speaker 7: Stretch by Wilson. On the first pitch coming to Freddie Freeman, he swings and it's a base hit to.
Speaker 8: Right oh Tudy around third he comes to the plate, Dodgers win. Dodgers win, the fifteenth career walk off hit for Freddie Freeman of the Dodgers come all.
Speaker 3: The way back to win at five to four on.
Speaker 7: A special night at Dodgers Stadium where a selloff crown witnessed Clayton Kershaw's three thousandth strikeout and Freddie Freeman with a walk off hit gives the Dodgers their fifty fifth win out of the season.
Speaker 3: Oh how do you like that?
Speaker 7: Freddy Freeman with a walk off hit and the Dodgers win it tonight file five to four score.
Speaker 5: Dodgers win it five to four with three runs in the bottom half of the ninth inning to beat the White Sox. We'll Klein gets the winning relief of Clayton Kershaw, who gets to three thousand strikeouts in his career, just the fourth left hander to reach that milestones. The Dodgers is the team now fifty five and thirty two overall in the season, and tonight they look to keep on winning and make it a sweep over the Chicago White Sox. Dustin May on the mound first pitch of seven ten with more we head out to the Gallpin Motors Broadcast booth as we welcome in Tim Nevert and Rick Monday.
Speaker 7: Guys, Tam, It's just another gorgeous night here at Todgers Stadium. It seems like we say that every night only because it's true. But the Dodgers are getting set to wrap up this series with the Chicago White Sox and a chance to sweep them for the second time in a row. They swept them in Chicago last year. Ain't trying to get it done this year. They've won seven straight series now and as far as their overall wins and losses, they've won nine of their last eleven and nine of their last ten against Chicago. Aaron Savali at one in four, the former Milwaukee Brewer, will start for the White Sox. He's one in four in a four to seven four era. Dustin May will appear for his sixteenth start tonight, four and five and a four to six eight earn run average. But when you talk about the story of the day, it's got to be Max Munsey. Once he placed on the injured list with a bone bruise and his left knee. As story Ruiz, the former Oakland Athletic Kansas City Royal has been recalled from TRIPAA Oklahoma City. So the Dodgers for a short period of time at least, will be without the bat of Maxim.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we had no idea really what was going to happen. Underwent an MRI. So it's not good news, but it could be even worse. So the bone Bruce, don't know how long he's going to be out there. It's going to be day to day. Other than that, anything happened last night, they was out of the ordinary. There was a You and I were talking as a matter of fact. You know, we're at the ballpark every day. We see a lot of ball games, but neither one of us were able to go to sleep last night because of the emotion of what happens. We got caught up in the emotions of it. With Clayton Kershaw becoming, you know, just the twentieth member with three thousand strikeouts in his illustrious career, it was one of those nights. This ballpark was very adrenaline labeled last night.
Speaker 7: No question about it. The thing about Kershaw is that he means so much to the fans in this area. He's been here literally half his life. For eighteen years and it's been blood, sweat and tears on the field for the Dodgers. And he's just the third player ever to strike out three thousand in the same uniform. Bob Gibson and Walter Johnson were the other two. But he does hold the distinction of being the only pitcher to do something and that is to record his three thousand strikeout on the final pitch he threw in the game, which he did last night.
Speaker 2: And it was a pitch number one hundred. It happened to be on the slider. We talked about the slider during the ballgame last night, and while Clayton said after the game he did not have his best stuff, that's kind of our analysis also, but he came on a slider, that pitch that he took two years to really perfect until he used it in a ballgame. I thought his comments last night were really kind of pointed to tell you the type of a person. Clayton Kershaw is celebrating a monumental moment, but he said to his teammates, individual awards are great, but in that you don't have anybody to celebrate with, it just doesn't matter. This is more about team that it is individual and he likes to celebrate with the guys he has surrounded himself very well with over the years.
Speaker 7: Much celebration as there was with his teammates last night, and of course with his family. He was right out here early this afternoon, right back to work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's just the mo with Clayton Kershaw and one of the many reasons he is standing out as one of the top pitchers in baseball history. And congratulations to Clayton Kershaw. Congratulations the Dodgers. Also, you know they've won seventeen to the last twenty two. They have another issue here tonight, that's the win another ball game against the ball club is trying to scratch and claw for just their tenth win of the season on the road.
Speaker 7: And just a couple of changes in the lineup. This is one of the nights where Dalton Rushing is going to catch. He will bat eighth, and Miguel Rojas fills for Max Mounsey at third and he will bat ninth. So the Dodgers at fifty five and thirty two, eight and a half up on the padres to start action tonight, we'll send Dustin May to the Hill against the White Sox, who are twenty eight and fifty eight. Aaron Savali pitching for them.
Speaker 5: Tim all right, as we tell you down a first pitch Dodger and get your game day meal on at Shaky's Pizza Marter or your Shaky's Pizza and Chicken Mojo's. Right now is Shaky's dot Com coming up here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, You're gonna hear from.
Speaker 1: The manager Dave Roberts.
Speaker 5: We'll check in with David vas day he goes one on one with Jim Wolf baseball umpire behind the plate last night for Clayton Kershaw's milestone will dive deeper into night's pitching matchup. But I'm next, you're tani Ree Wine and we'll hear from Kirsten Watson from Sports in at LA.
Speaker 1: That's all leading up.
Speaker 5: The Dodgers had a White Sox on this Thursday night, July third, makes sure of being with us. I'm Tip Cases, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 4: Well, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers hunt game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: It's the Dodgers and the White Sox on this Thursday nights. As the Dodgers go for the three games sweep over the South Siders. Dustin May on the mount, Aaron Savili, we'll go for Chicago.
Speaker 1: First pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 4: This is the Otani.
Speaker 7: Rewinde Otani looking out, big left handed hitter looking for one to drive. Here two one swung on. That one has loop to the shallow right center. That's gonna get down for a hit. Tommy Emman will stop at second base. Wasn't very deep and Mike Takman, who was charging it, played it on a couple of hops. So Tani has a hit. Oh two, There goes Otani. Pitch low and away, throw it down a second. Show Hey safe, He's wipe second and O'tani with his twelfth stolen base of the season.
Speaker 5: Show Hey Otani won for five stolen base. He would score the game winning run in the bottom half of the ninth inning, part of a five four Dodgers win over the White Sox last night.
Speaker 4: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 5: Hey Kearson down Joins is brought to you by Cars for Kids. Ready to donate that old car? Seven Cars for Kids right now. Friendly agents are standing by to take your donations. That's cars with the K to donate your car today. Speaking of K's three k's last nights for Clayton Kershaw, he.
Speaker 1: Gets to three thousand.
Speaker 5: What a night it was for Clayton Kershaw family friends, sold out Dodger Stadium and all the accolades and flowers given to Clayton and Rifley.
Speaker 9: So tim was it was incredible. And you have to think about just obviously, for an achievement of three thousand strikeouts, that's eighteen years playing for Clayton Kershaw like that takes so much time if you just look at the grand scheme of things, and so for him to be able to do that, for him to do it here at Dodger Stadium, Yes, it was the emotions, the highs and lows, but I will say the fans from first pitch and honestly before first pitch, they were so locked in and in tune. It kind of felt like a playoff atmosphere in here and every single high anytime there was a strike out, any time there was a two count situation, two outs are two strike counts, you just felt everyone on the edge of their seats waiting for that strikeout and for it to happen literally against his final batter there in that sixth inning, just considering the pitch count was getting up, but for Dave Roberts to let him go, to push him, it was it all worked out the way that it was supposed to be. Obviously, there was a scare with Max Menzi that we'll talk about in a second, but for Clayton Kershaw and for his family, it was an incredible night and then for them to get the walk off win because ultimately, like even Clayton was saying it last night, it's one thing to have that achievement and how special that is, but when you pair it with a win, it just adds to the whole experience and to the whole story.
Speaker 5: It was so good to see Clayton get the accolades. It was great that the Dodger's got the win. But certainly the downside of the last night is you allude to Max Muntzi the left knee injury, but I guess things being where they are and what they could have been, this is the best case scenario for Max, just a bone bruise on that left knee.
Speaker 9: Yeah, thousand percent, And he even said that last night after contact the immediate reaction goes back to the end of twenty twenty one in which we saw what happened to his elbow, and so that was the immediate reaction. And then it's he's in his head thinking, okay, well, I was there a pop. I don't know what did I feel. But also Clayton Kershaw is on the mound. He's trying to get to three thousand strikeouts, and I'm not trying to kind of mess up his rhythm. So even Max said today that he was kind of in that weird situation where he's like, get me off the field so that Kershaw can continue and we'll figure it out what it is down there. But then of course he heard the eruption of Dodger Stadium when Kershaw does get the strikeout, and he was like, wow, I would have given anything to be out there on the field playing behind him. So it is that kind of weird feeling. And even with understanding yes, it's a bone bruise, the timeline, there's still kind of a question mark with that. Right now, it seems like it's going to be about six weeks, but could it be earlier, could it take longer? We have seen with other players on this team. Bone bruises can take a lot of time and it might just be pain tolerance of playing through it. But the fact that there is no structural damage. He had the MRI this morning. All the scans have come back clear. The fact that that is the case, it's one thousand percent of positive because it does mean that we should be seeing him returning to play this year. So it just might take some more time and it just comes that an unfortunate time because for him, he was getting back on track. Defensively, he was doing really well. Of course he was in the All Star conversation and then you had we've been seeing the power as of late, his swing has been intact. So that part is a bit challenging for Max, just because everything was going right when it happened. But hopefully once he's able to return from this injury, he'll be able to pick up where he left at and that's the most important thing that he will be returning this year.
Speaker 5: Well, growing up they always said drake milk, Tim, drink milk so your bones are nice and strong. Hopefully Max is drinking milk the next six weeks to get those bones strong.
Speaker 9: Here's the I think so maybe give him a milk deal. We'll figure out wet's see what we can do it.
Speaker 3: For a week ago.
Speaker 1: Oh appreciate it. Here's the we'll track give with you after the game. Still they come here.
Speaker 5: Casino Dodgers on Deck will dive deeper into this pitching matchup. David veassegoes one on one with Jim Wolf. He was behind the plate last night as the umpire for Clayton Cursaw's three thousand strikeout. On next Z, we get you an injury report and we hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts. It's the Dodgers in White Sox on this July third. First pitch is seven ten. I'm Tim Kasis, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers. Audio notwork.
Speaker 4: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on.
Speaker 2: Deck on your home for the blue.
Speaker 4: All season long.
Speaker 5: Marogo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Thursday night as we lead jump to first pitch. The day before the fourth of July, Dodgers and White Sox Marongo Casino Resort and spy a Grand Slam for good times.
Speaker 1: Dustin May on the mount. First pitch is seven ten.
Speaker 4: It's the La Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 5: Report presented by UCLA Healthy, official medical.
Speaker 1: Partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Speaker 5: Michael Kopek on the ill with the right knee inflammation, Tony Gonsol on the iel with the right elbows soreness, Maximunts he joins them all on the il with the bone bruce to his left knee that he suffered last night. They're expecting six to eight weeks for that bone bruce. No structural damage in that left knee, so that is certainly a blessing and a great news to you here, But a bone bruce still gonna be painful, and looking at.
Speaker 1: Six to eight weeks for the Dodger third basement.
Speaker 5: All right, let's find out more as we head back out to Dodger Stadium and checking with the Dodger skipper.
Speaker 1: Any questions for.
Speaker 10: Dave, Dave?
Speaker 3: Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 2: Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 3: In the dugouts with Dave.
Speaker 11: Roberts After taking all the information, very relieved. I think that I I I spared myself and didn't watch the replay, and so I think that, yeah, we're optimistic. It's uh, it's I think Max said, it's probably gonna be six weeks something like that.
Speaker 2: We don't know.
Speaker 11: I mean, I think it's all kind of contingent on how he recovers, speed of recovery, structural no structural damage which was huge, and so you got to sort of obviously, uh, you know, an impact like that, there's some moving of the of the of the the knee and things around the knee. So that's kind of the bone brus and all that stuff. That kind of the healing part of it is going to take time. But just to know that he's going to be back for a good part of the back end of the season and beyond is very We're very relieved.
Speaker 6: Do your team as a game or two better, you know, the one and last percentage bigger lead in the standings than you were.
Speaker 12: At this time last year and Youmber last year worked up pretty well.
Speaker 1: Does that mean anything?
Speaker 6: And do you want to have milestones if you want to hit look like July first, want to be here, August first?
Speaker 10: Want to be here?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 11: No, I think that that's hard to chase. As far as kind of the win loss, I think for me it's you just sort of just kind of look at each day separately and just try to win as many games as possible.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Dodgers trying to go out there but win, have to win together and see where they fall at the end of the season. And so far the Dodgers' best record in the National League get fifty five and thirty two, thirty two and fourteen at home at Dodgers Stadium, not too shabby. When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll check in with David Bassay. It's all the latest as we lead you up to first pitch, Dodgers and White Sox.
Speaker 1: In the ravine.
Speaker 5: I'm Tim kats is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers.
Speaker 3: All you nowhere.
Speaker 4: As we were saying, yes, it's Marongo Casino. Dodgers on deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: Dodgers and White Sox wrapping up this three game interleague series.
Speaker 1: Dustin may aarons BOLLI the pitching matchup. First pitch coming up.
Speaker 4: At seventeen, Joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 3: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 4: This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 3: All right, DV.
Speaker 5: Last night certainly a milestone night for Clayton Kershaw A lot of celebration. Dodger's back at it today with a chance for the suite. But wow, what of twenty four hours has been.
Speaker 3: It really has been in Kershaw style, just getting on with his five day routine today. Day one is a lot of weight room. And then the pitchers were out here taking infield practice and he was out there doing it as well. But part of the inside to last night's ceremonies after he was able to get that three thousand strikeout was the toast in the clubhouse after the game, where his teammates gathered around him, teammates and staff. And here's what Kershaw had to say in the clubhouse after last night's win.
Speaker 10: You know, individual accomplishments are only that. If you're by yourself, it doesn't mean anything, right, you don't have anybody to celebrate with. So to have this group around me to care as much as you did for Freddy, to remind me every day how many strikeouts I have left it for everybody just to be so excited for me to get to do this is that's the biggest thing for me. Because everybody in this room understands baseball is a hard game, and nobody understands that better than this room. So I just want to say thank you guys so much. Everybody, everybody in here, thank you. It's been a fun ride and let's keep it going. Cheers here, Cheers Kurt.
Speaker 3: That's pretty special. And that was a great job by the Dodgers social media team being there in the clubhouse that nobody else saw or recorded Kershaw toasting his teammates.
Speaker 5: David is brought to you by the twenty twenty five Ford f one fifty from California's best selling truck brands. It's time to see Ford in a new light. Ford for America from America. Max Monthy last night, right before the three thousand st brikeout got hitting the knee. Good news is not as severe as he thought, and ma's not gonna be out too long.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's gonna be longer than what he would like. Six weeks is what he told us, and he certainly was disappointed. He walked into the clubhouse at his locker Tim with a sleeve going up and down his leg. He couldn't really move his left leg and they're calling it a left knee bone bruise. And earlier today I had a chance to catch joben Max about the disappointment considering how well he was playing. I mean he was a runner up to be the starting third baseman for the National League and the All Star team.
Speaker 13: Yes, I mean it just I don't get to be out there on the field for a little bit. You know that really sucks. I had to go through it last year, and you know, it's it's never fun when you don't get a when you don't get to be out there.
Speaker 3: Max, when you were being helped off the field last night, what was going through your head? Did you fear the worst at that point?
Speaker 13: Yeah, I mean, yeah, definitely, you know it, to be honest, the first thing that popped into my head was the end of the season in twenty twenty one. You know, I just wasn't wasn't a pleasant feeling. You immediately start replaying everything in your head trying to say, you know, what do I feel? Did I feel a pop? Did I hear pop? And you know any of all that kind of stuff. That way, you can give the medical stuff, you know, the best best chance of the evaluation. And uh, you know, anytime you're replaying an injury in your head, it's it's not it's not good.
Speaker 3: So you may be asking what do the Dodgers do now for the next six weeks at third base. Dave Roberts said, they're going to go with a combination of Key k Hernandez, Miguel Rojas, and Tommy Edmond is going to start taking ground balls at third base. The last time he played third base was twenty twenty one, so he's gonna get reacclimated to that position and take some ground balls starting tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Their base by can all right, DV appreciate it. We'll check back you with you in just a little bit.
Speaker 5: Coming up, we'll hear for the home plate umpire last neither pride of the eight one eighth chim Wolf.
Speaker 1: You'll go one on one with TV. That's coming up at fifteen minutes.
Speaker 5: But up next your Dodger's Magical Moment Dodgers White Sox First pitch is seven ten. I'm Tim Kats's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 4: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting Game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: It's the Dodgers and the White Sox. Dustin May Aaron Sofali the pitching matchup of the series finale. First pitch coming up at seventeen.
Speaker 3: Dogs at a hot dog?
Speaker 4: Who wants the hot It's time for the Hawfy Magical Moment. Bitch Magical Magical presented by Hawpey Hot Dogs.
Speaker 5: Dodgers White Sox faced off in the nineteen fifty nine World Series. Dodgers a three to two series lead going to Game six on Thursday, October eighth, nineteen fifty nine. A o'clock first pitch of Old Kamiski Park in Chicago. The Dodgers scored six runs at the top of the fourth inning, had taken eight to nothing lead. White Sox scored three in the bottom of the inning. It was eight to three until the ninth when the Dodgers tacked on another run, and then the Dodgers in the bottom of the ninth.
Speaker 1: Went for a World Series championship.
Speaker 12: No pitch by ball left center. This might be a knocking off has a short stop? Willam moan is god, I got it? Mon is under and that's it. The Dodgers are the champions of the World. The Dodgers, for the second time in ten World Series meetings against America League competition, have come on to win and are a happy gang.
Speaker 3: As a runout the.
Speaker 12: Pet Larray Sherry the winner on the back old runs, no hits, nobody left on the final score. Los Angeles line the Chicago White Sox.
Speaker 5: Three Hie Sam nicoll in nineteen fifty nine Game six winners are the Dodgers to win the nineteen fifty nine World Series of franchise's second title in the first since moving out West. This Hofea Magical moment brought to you by Hofey hot Dogs Affy Soca's local treasure for nearly one hundred years.
Speaker 1: Hoffy hot Dogs, Local and so great. We continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We will check in with.
Speaker 5: Rick Monday leading you up to first Bitch Dodgers in a White Sox. I'm Tim Kates is the.
Speaker 1: World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 4: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue All Season Law Law.
Speaker 5: It's the Dodgers and the White Sox. Final game of this three game set Dustin May on the Mountain. Time Now for the Verizon startup as we are thirty two minutes away from the start of the game. Now at Verizon you can lock in your low price for three years, so you can save big visit the Verizon store.
Speaker 4: Today and now joined by David Bass saying, here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 3: All Right, Rick, I don't like to use this word too often, but it feels like a little bit of a hangover after last night's playoff, like atmosphere.
Speaker 2: I have to ask you a question because Tim Neverett and I were talking earlier this afternoon about the fact, I said, okay, with all the excitement, the adrenaline was going not only on the field but in the stands from the moment that Clayton Kershaw came out of the dugout to walk to the bullpen. He received the standing ovation, And I know that Clayton commented after the gaming that he got well, really caught up in the moment because you and I were both watching him as he walked down. The only time I remember where he actually acknowledged the crowd because he is so focused all the time, but he did raise his hand up, and I think everybody got caught in the moment. My point is is that last night, you know, Tim and I were sharing we had to wait a long time before we actually fell asleep because we kept going over the game and over the game and over the game. How appropriate that Kershaw gets numbered three thousand on exactly his one hundredth and final pitch, and it was on the pitch that he worked on for two years before he perfected it enough to use in a major league game, And that was the pitch, the slider that he used to get strike out number three thousand.
Speaker 3: You were here covering the team broadcasting games and Joe Torrey called him and a guy by the name of James McDonald into his office and said, hey, you guys both need a third pitch.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, And the fact that that Kershaw works on it, I did not think. However, we're looking at it for Kershaw last night. He did not have anywhere close to his best stuff that we have seen, but he found a way to get it done. We've been talking about Kershaw for years, obviously for good reason too. I mean, his his career has been fabulous, but there are times that we comment is that maybe early in the stages doesn't have the curve. Books, Well, he'll mix it in here and there until he finally dials it back in. Well, he finally found a few pitches here and there. There were not a whole lot of swings and misses, but just enough to get free. That's all they needed to get three thousands. So congratulations to Clayton Kershaw.
Speaker 12: Rick.
Speaker 3: What I've thought about as far as the game last night, how different the complexion of last night would have been if Michael Confordo doesn't make that catch in.
Speaker 2: The first Absolutely, and I'm glad you brought that up. That was a heck of a catch. Degree of difficulty was he was not low at all. I mean it was. It was very high degree of difficulty because you're going back. First of all, you've got the low fence to the left of the bullpen down the left field line, and then you've got that fence that goes up high and it's padded, so you've had to time it perfectly, not really knowing exactly where you are. But Conforto a big, big play at the time. Speaking of Kershaw coming up in just a few minutes, and I know he got some looks and I know he had a few things maybe said to him from different dugouts. You're going to be talking to last night's homeplate umpire Jim Wolf, a local product and a good umpire and a good guy. And I say that not even knowing what the interview is going to be when you talk to him a few minutes, but you're actually going to be doing it inside the umpire's room with Jim Wolf.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: That's a little intimidating, Rick, to be in the room and with the rest of his umpiring crew listening to every question and every answer.
Speaker 2: Yes, you know when you were it's like it's like reciting maybe a lesson while you're in the principal's office.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I felt that way. I was as nervous as back when I used to be called into the principal's office.
Speaker 2: So did you leave voluntarily or did they finally tell you to get out?
Speaker 3: I have a I have a good feel for the room. Ray.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Okay, Well we'll be the judges of that when we hear it.
Speaker 3: All right, he'll be at third base today. Jim Wolf a good umpire.
Speaker 2: Life and a good guy. Yeah, a good guy, no doubt, out of.
Speaker 3: El Camino High School in the valley.
Speaker 2: Rick, Well, you're responsible for his bio. What are you the agent?
Speaker 3: Close? He played litle league, got West Hills.
Speaker 2: Stay here we go?
Speaker 3: Well, send it back to this studio.
Speaker 1: Tip all right, thanks a lot, DV, A lot of love for the eight one eight in the valley. Love it all right.
Speaker 5: That's the Dodgers game plan. What's your game plan, Dodger fans? How about starting your future at California Community College? Financial aids available to help you with tuition, books and sometimes even the rin. Yep, it's time to take that next big step. Classes can fill up quickly, So on roll today and I can go to college dot com. Still to come here On Dodgers on Deck, we'll get you a preview of this pitching matchup.
Speaker 1: But as Rick and DV.
Speaker 5: We're just talking about up next, you're gonna hear from the home playing umpire last night, Jim Wolf Dodgers White Sox. First pitch is seven to ten of Tim kas is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers audio nowherk.
Speaker 4: As we were saying, yes, it's Marongo Casino. Dodgers on Deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: Lean you up to Dodgers and White Sox on this Thursday night, July third, Tustin May on the Mountain. Celebrate summer with two dollars off Zenchi Sushi Hybrid Mini platter, twelve handcrafted pieces, including favorites like the ultimate tune of Chili Roll, the Crunchy tim Pearl role.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Find it out your local Rouse next to the deli counter and look for that two dollars off stick or no membership required fall until July twenty ninth. Perfect as a meal or to share with friends. Zenchi Sushi is fresh, affordable and packed with flavor. Stop by your local Rouse and get that two dollars off is Zenchi Sushi Hybrid Mini platter today, David?
Speaker 4: And now what will likely be vast fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 1: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 4: This this high end tight.
Speaker 3: We are at Dodger Stadium the day after Clayton Kershaw reaches the milestone at three thousand strikeouts, and we're here in the umpire's room with a man that I personally love because he's from my hometown, the Great West Valley West Hills, the Grete one eight, a man that stops at Dan Super Subs every chance he gets on Ventura Boulevard. That's the one and only Jim Wolf who was behind the plate last night for Kershaw's milestone. Jim, thanks a lot for the time, and the hair is looking outstanding.
Speaker 14: God, I appreciate you noticing. Thanks for having me man.
Speaker 3: Now, my first question is I mean, I have respect for the umpires, but I think your crew right here wants to know if you put your shirt in the dryer before you go out there and call games.
Speaker 14: Well, my wife is pissed because I shirt.
Speaker 3: You know, the word on the street now is there was an NFL referee named Ed Hockey Lee. He really had the zebras on really tight. Jim Wolf may be the swoleest umpire in Major League Baseball. Well, you know my favorite color is what's that tight? I love it? Hey, do you want to give us a roll call of your umpiring crew before we go any further.
Speaker 14: Yeah, we got crew chief, Alan Porter, Chris Single, and Alex McKay.
Speaker 3: Is it an NFL travel attire like a baseball team wears because everybody's got their football jerseys on.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 14: So the first half of the season we got hockey sweater sweaters, and then the second half of the season we have NFL jerseys.
Speaker 3: Alan's sport in.
Speaker 14: The Eagles, so is Chris Siegel, Alex is sporting the Orange Broncos and I got the Steelers.
Speaker 3: Nice okay, Jim Wolf Yankee Doodles, a lot of Steeler fans out there, ky Doodles. Is that still there? No, it's no longer there. I used to go there.
Speaker 14: I used to frequent that place.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that was a great place.
Speaker 2: Oh my, yeah it was.
Speaker 3: We'll leave it right there. Let's talk about last night. What was it like from an umpire's standpoint, be aware of the fact that a future Hall of Famer was on the cusp of such a big time milestone. It was cool.
Speaker 14: We got a heads up a couple of days prior, and it had a playoff atmosphere to it. The intensity. You could feel it in the air, and it was just a matter of not if, but when he was going to get his third strike, and he only got three last night, so it was perfect.
Speaker 3: What did you think about the reaction of the crowd where he would get it out but it wouldn't be a strike out.
Speaker 14: Yeah, it was like, oh, such like disappointment. It's like they had two strikes and they get it or a or like like a little punch and Judy base hit, you know, And it was just you could feel the disappointment in the crowd, and every time.
Speaker 3: I balled a pitch obvious ball boo.
Speaker 14: You know, it's like it's like, come on, guys.
Speaker 3: Exactly, It's like they're like, come on, just give him that strike.
Speaker 13: Totally pegging.
Speaker 3: Hey, Jim, the one thing that you and the crew got a lot of credit for last night was the fact that you allowed the moment to happen after he was able to get that final strike out with the pitch clock and all that. Now, did you guys have a plan going into the game that you would allow the moment and the crowd to be able to celebrate him.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 14: We had multiple people come in just give his heads up, like if this happens, he's gonna take a time, they're gonna have they're gonna have a video presentation and stuff like that. So we said, when, do what you gotta do, and we'll start when when it's done.
Speaker 3: Being a guy that's from here, and obviously your brother Randy was teammates when year with Kurz Show, When the time is called, are you able as a baseball fan to enjoy the moment?
Speaker 14: I wouldn't say. I wouldn't go that far it was.
Speaker 10: It was.
Speaker 14: It's cool to be a part of some kind of milestone like that, you know, it's just to be on the field and witnessing it.
Speaker 3: It's pretty cool.
Speaker 14: It's uh, I'm really not a fan, but just to I appreciate great things in baseball.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my bad. I'm totally out of bounds inside the Empire's room right now saying fan. But I think we all to a certain extent love the game.
Speaker 1: Yeah for sure.
Speaker 14: Yeah, that's why we do the job.
Speaker 3: Did your brother Randy call you after the game last night, No, he didn't care.
Speaker 14: He's in Houston right now and he's he was probably asleep when it all happened.
Speaker 3: Okay, sounds good, very anti climactic when you're on the Empire's side. Well, hey, great to see you. Always love having you back in LA. And like I said, I promised the crew the next time you guys are at Dodger Stadium, Dan super Subs is coming your way.
Speaker 14: A hundred percent.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm all over that.
Speaker 3: Anything else in your locker going to the Hall of Fame. Did Joshuawitch call you for something?
Speaker 14: Let's see, let's take a look around.
Speaker 3: No, I got nothing, Okay, thanks a lot for the time and can't wait to see you back here soon.
Speaker 14: Great.
Speaker 3: There he is the man. Jim Wolf, my favorite Wolf. Don't let anybody else tell you anything otherwise. He'll receive a gift card to Boulevard Steak. Boulevard Steak, the acclaimed modern steakhouse known for its prime cuts, fresh seafood, and incredible vibe. Just open a new location in Calabasas as well. Wolf, you might want to check that out.
Speaker 14: Oh yeah, my brother's in Hidden Hills.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, you know that's the high rent district right there. To make your own reservation at Boulevard Steak in Calabasas or Sherman Oaks, visit Boulevard Steak dot com. Tim, we'll send it back to you all right.
Speaker 1: Thanks a lot. DVI.
Speaker 5: Great to hear the personality of an umpire. Yes there are human They're not robots.
Speaker 1: They are humans.
Speaker 5: So great to hear. Jim Wolf, a pride of the eight one eight Dodgers Baseball Probe you by Shank. He's Heza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast.
Speaker 1: You don't just need to be in the eight one eight. They got Shaky's everywhere. It's game night.
Speaker 5: It's a grip knight at shakys dot com. When we continue, we'll get you this pitching matchup. Don't go anywhere. Dodgers and White Sox Dodgers going for this weep. I'm Tim Kateson's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 4: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: It's the Dodgers in a White Sox on this July third. First pitch in the ravine, coming up to seven ten.
Speaker 4: And now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 1: He was hit by a year south of California.
Speaker 5: Toyota dealers work hard and play hard in a New Tacoma with an I Force Turbo Chars engine. It's a truck built for the bowld See your Toyota dealer today.
Speaker 1: They make it easy.
Speaker 5: Aaron Savali on the mound one in four of the four to seventy four e thirty year old right hender bounced around, came up with the Guardians White Sox to start the year.
Speaker 1: Then he was traded to the Brewers.
Speaker 5: There was a sinker a cutter four season, four seam fastball, and a curveball again with the White Sox. After making five starts with Milwaukee this year, he is certainly glad the calendar is flipped from June until July. In the month of June, he was one in three with a four to fifteen ERA and five starts. Dustin May on the Mound, twenty seven year old right hander making his sixteenth start this year, already career hies and starts and innings pitched last time out four innings, four runs, six hits, three strikeouts, three walks and no decision against the Royals Friday in KC. This is his first time facing the White Sox. Dustin May Aaron Savali the pitching matchup. Dodgers and White Sox were fifteen minutes away. First pitch, He's to the game. Our next Tim Katson's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 4: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tap on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 5: Dodgers and White Sox Dustin May Aaron Savally the pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at sevent ten to Dodgers best record in baseball thirty two and fourteen at home this season and best record in baseball at a home as well. When the Boys in Blue play at home, it's important they have the right plan to protect their house. The same applies to your home. Always have a plan in follow fire safety tips. It's fireworks season. The fourth of July is tomorrow, and certainly they've started early in some parts of southern California, so make sure you're practicing fireworks safety. Use safe, insane fireworks that display the California State Fire Marshall Seal. Always read the directions and ensure fireworks are only lit by adults. Never ever use fireworks near dry grass or other flammable materials. For more about these tips and to find out others, visit fire dot.
Speaker 1: CA dot gov. All right, back out to the booth, Tim and Rick.
Speaker 3: Guys, Tim, thanks again.
Speaker 7: We're counting you down to the first pitch tonight at Dodgers Stadium, getting you ready for the third and final game between the Dodgers and the White Sox. Dodgers a chance to sweep, and they'll try to do it behind the right arm of Dustin May. May making his sixteenth start. And an interesting note about Dustin May. He was only ten years old when Clayton Kershaw recorded his first major league strikeout. Now their teammates.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and now they're teammates, and for Dustin May, a couple of things going to be looking at that first inning. His ERA is almost at eight so far this season the last four starts, fifteen earned runs he's allowed in twenty one innings that he has worked. And the big key is get ahead early. And I think that point is really underlined when you look at when Dustin May has two strikes on hitters this year, he is the seventh lowest batting average against. It's below one twenty.
Speaker 7: And he's got to work on that first pitch strike percentage. It's still fifty six point five percent right now. That's at the bottom of the National League.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he is. We're not seeing as many fast bowls right now either. With Dustin May's turned in actually to a little bit more of a breaking ball pitcher. The fast bowl, the slider, and for the fastball, I think we're still seeing him gain a little extra each and every time he goes out as far as the velocity.
Speaker 7: Aaron Savali will throw a seven pitch mix. The veteran right Hander will face the Dodgers and Dustin May in game three of this three game set.
Speaker 1: Tim all Right first pitch.
Speaker 5: His next has been Morogo Casino Dodgers on on the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Doork