Speaker 1: We always figured someday Mary it would marry.
Speaker 2: That's why we called her Mary.
Speaker 1: We name all our kids after what we think's going to happen to them. Ain't that right? Stabbed in jail, We'll see who stabs who.
Speaker 2: Fourfinger Discounted. Welcome to four figure Discounts, where this week we're here to review episode seventeen of season nineteen of The Simpsons. It is Apocalypse Cow. I'm Dando and I am Guy. I was gonna I was gonna say something about no want to interrupt you go ahead. I think I've done it now that introduce myself. We need to add any more than that. I'm guy. I was just gonna say what you want. We promised no animals will be beheaded in the making of this podcast. You can make that guarantee. I will offer no such short as apocalypse now reference for those who are unaware, isn't it go watch it? Don't watch it? Or if you give the end bit it's like during the peak of the film, isn't it that's true? I think you can really avoid it if if you've invested the two and a half hours up till that point, you'll probably want to keep going. But Yeah, proceed at your own risk, particularly if you're a Lisa Simpson or in this game, so of this but Simpson type watch the TV version. I'm sure TV there were to cut that bit out right. There are many many versions of Apocalypse. I think there's like three different cuts, oh, directors cuts like more beheadings, war beheadings. When I say cats, I mean cats. Yeah, but we talk a bit about the unified theory of four finger discus and how things sometimes flow into one of this crazy, isn't it this a little bit crazy because just recently listeners of the show and how many programs will know that we did fun with the fun with the episode South of season six South Park, Yes, Yes, which involved young children are being exposed to the brutal reality of meat production. Tortured baby cow, butcher baby cow, tortured baby cow, tortured babka. Of course, let's not forget the proper d for veal and in this case, Yeah, but there's going along merrily in his life, enjoying a burger every night, a krussy burger, I imagine, not realizing how the sausage is made, so to speak, or a benderberger. Was We're about to review for our fits runner episodes cyber House Rules, everything is connected. Does this mean everything is unoriginal and there are no new ideas anymore? Yes, you find out. But yeah, I want to say this. Dare I say this right? You may not agree. This is my opinion. Simpsons in season nineteen handed a topic in a funnier way and a more effective way than Peak South Park. I am willing to agree with you on this point. I did not have a lot of time fun with me. I thought it was a pretty one note episode. I didn't think they did a whole lot with the material. Season nineteen, episode seventeen of The Simpsons. We think we might be in the weeds. Actually no, we're in a lush green pasture tended by the four age kids. Yeah, this was good. This was I mean, I won't say it was a great episode. There was a lot that I won't say that didn't sit. But I say a lot. I'm completely wrong. It wasn't joke joke, joke, but there are stories there. Yeah, but there were certain aspects that I'm like, oh, this has played out. I'm not really a fan of this. But there were also those facts that kind of worked for me pretty well. AKA Kleidus, clead Us, and the whole Sparkler family, at least with the exception of Mary WrestleMania Sparkler voiced by the delightful Zoey Dish. I know it is.
Speaker 3: That's why it's great, Yes, yeah, I mean, because like, this is clearly a guest star, and she didn't play some sort of awkward geeky she always plays five hundred Days Summer, always got range.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but she she was playing a hillbilly daughter here, and you wouldn't know it was zoe you know, I knew it was a guest star, and I thought, yeah, this person's actually bringing a bit of personality this. They're doing a good job. This could be a Simpsons regular player, or it could be someone new. It's not a regular boy turned into be Zoey Deshanel, who you know we know from New Girl and being quirky and all that kind of stuff and El and El and of course five hundred Days Off Summer. But no, I did a good job as Mary. I thought, yes, I thought, yeah, she was fantastic. I just thought overall though, this for me was like the perfect example of when people say what separates the Simpsons from other animated shows. Right, so the family Guy just goes for the crude humor, right, South Park does the coue humor in a more interphisticated way. Yiscated. The Simpsons is still the Simpsons, even in season nineteen when they fucking put their heads to it, they can still be the Simpsons. There's still the goat in that way. They're still sort of yeah, got the crown in that regard because I liked fun with veil. But I thought this one here handled in a way that it got the message through. But I think this was more one sided than the South Park one. South Park sort of showed it from both sides of the equation. That's the South Park way, though. It always tries to show both sides of the issue, even if one side may be less popular or less palttle than the other. Yeah, but this one went a little deeper, I thought. But yeah, both an emotion intellectually and emotionally. You're right, So where South Park felt more like a parody of the situation. Yeah, like how ridiculous is always how ridiculous can we make it? Which is what South Park does, and they always thought really really well. But I saw the Simpsons here This was almost, could we say, a sequel to Lisa's vegetarian I reckon? So yeah, yeah, yeah, there's definitely definitely a through line between the two of them. I wonder if that was sort of a vibe going in with season nineteen just in the writer's room, because last week we had the sequel to Colonel Homer. So they've gone back to like classic episodes and continuing on the story, and both episodes have been really good. Does this mean they're building on existing material or they've just run out of it? You never stop, The Simpsons never stop. The song is correct. But again, though this was a this was a really nice story, haw Do its moments like you said that you cleared us, I'm done with the hillbilly jokes, dire Betty and things like that whatever. But the overall story of the Simpsons as a family unit work together to solve to solve a problem that was good. Yeah. I mean, as we said, I could have done without all the Sparkler stuff. It just hom a punching Flanders as well. Didn't need it, yeah, I mean, And even Lisa's plan to sort of convert but to vegetarianism or veganism was like that's pretty shitty. I mean, I'm all for organizations like Peter or what have you. You're using persuasive and sometimes, you know, really playing on your emotions to get their point across. But Lisa can seem kind of devious. But I think that's a deliberate choice by the writers here. I think they're trying to betray you know, sometimes they go over and beyond to try and force you to think their way of thinking about when you say veganism, right, Yeah she didn't. It wasn't over the top. But I think it's just in Lisa's way. This is her way of trying to push her beliefs into Bart, trying to convince him and trick him. Yeah. I mean, well, organizations like PETER, which is the People for Ethical Treatment of Animals just in case you didn't know, Yeah, they're often pilloried for Like you guys are really pushing this hard on people. Yeah, you're probably losing more friends than you are making. I just want to get to work, stop sitting on the road. I just want a nice tasty veal chop. But I did look about this though, was the way it south? I did as well, from a veal the hypocrisy that comes with it. So for example, I lie in this right, I lay in this in this field. I eat beef, I ate chicken, but I don't eat pork, right, And it's just a choice. I'm not a vegan, I'm not a vegetarian. I just choose not to eat pigs because you know, I just like pigs. Right, Okay, that's I Still I'm not gonna judge people who do eat pigs. But but here, I think that's why I could relate to him, because he's like, look, I'll stop eating beef, but I'm gonna eat everything else as well. And I think home was the same at the end, right after everything I've seen are but this is and the sweetest meat of them all. Yes, human, Yes, which was a bit silly, but like I like the fact that pretty funny. I like the way they sort of they highlighted that you don't have to just stop eating meat altogether. You can sort of get the message across by choosing not to eat one particular one. And then so I'm like, oh, why do you eat that? And you go, oh, I don't really like the way cows are treated, the way they slaughter or whatever, And you go. Oh yeah, that's a more positive way of reinforcing that message is supposed to go stop eating me altogether. I mean, yeah, appreciate baby steps. Yeah, how you get to real steps? Yeah yeah, I mean list has gone all the way, but that's fine. I'm glad that she by the end she could accept that. But I know you don't want to go all the way, but at least you're making some sort of effort. Yeah. And if you're gonna eat meat, own it. I mean, you know, don't always a great little vagina's wayview. That's true. Yeah, I mean that's the one that's the ones in the South Park got right? Yes, yes, Also before we get into our favorite moments, we actually was throwing this into my favorite moments one sec he my favorite and his favorite moments. I like the shadouts. Trust mean you've got in this episode they gave a little love to trust about time. Yeah. She's a name checked she is, which I think left and right because the only they didn't do it twice. She is mount Rushmore of voice acting when it comes to not just female voice actors, just voice actors in general. She's incredible. Here we go a little love deservedly so yes, uh one of her favorite moments did you have from this episode? I only had a couple and yeah, sort of little throwaway gags and things like that, but yeah, Abatuire and Costello, I thought was a great for a for an Abatire And while I didn't really have a lot of time for all this stuff involving the sparklers and the hillbilly lifestyle, it was a bad joke with a good punchline. Oh, they were like, oh we called her AMERICAUS. We wanted them Mary. You know we name all our kids after. What's going to happen to him? Isn't that right? Stabbed in jail? I like the kid just whittling, We'll see your stabs. So that was all right, that was okay. I got a good laugh out of that. I really liked the jab at parts of the Caribbean Free. I must have been like, you're part of the Disney machine. Now. Yeah. That was like when he goes over the menu, I'm like, what's going to come out of this? And it's funny. I mean, I mean I was reviewing movies at the time that you know which one is it? At World's End? I don't know. Before isn't it Curse of the Black Perp dead man ches. Yeah, I think it's that's world's end when the stranger tides and dead men don't tell No. That's right, that's your right. Yeah man, that's my fucking ride story. But the ride broke down, dird Man tell no tales. I remember when the third one came, I was like, oh God, these things are bloated and unwieldy, and it's just a bit march And this was maybe just prior of the m c U and you know what's happened with Star Wars and all that kind of stuff, And you look back at the parts of the Caribbean, I mean, not exactly my favorite. I wish I liked it more than I did. But there's a lot going on here, a lot of imaginations. Yeah, I'm like, yeah, I was a really good cast and all that kind of stuff. So, I mean, the British guy on Jim's podcast once the one he's lacky, he's right hand man, Kevin McNally, yes, Kevin Manwie yeah, good actors the office was the other guy. Yeah. Yeah. So it's funny that we're sort of looking at parts of the Caribbean three, and I was like, oh, this is the worst Hollywood doo. It's like, bring it back, we need to go back. Those movies were massive at the time. I really were. Yeah, I mean it's the same we sort of got the lure of diminishing returns with the you know, the two and a half man effect with Johnny depping parts of the Caribbean. It's basically he was just like, he was very sadlin and also he was kind of on the on the edge, on the skids. Yeah, shall we say? I mean, and they keep talking about rebooting. Yeah, I think it's been twenty years. If we stop rebooting shit that happened in this century, well, I think, yeah, that's I think there's been there's been just enough of a lapse in time that we're now were going what was good with those parts? The camera? I don't think can we do in two thousand and two? Wasn't it the first one? I think, so, yeah, it's twenty No, we don't need rebriosit twenty years. I suppose in ninety ninety nine reboots something seventy nine. That's It feels weird to me that, you know, something that happened in the late nineties is to equivalent something happened in like the sixties, and that's just like I was listening to some podcast this morning and they were talking about, oh yeah, the nineteen nineties ten years ago, no, nop no, twenty five years ago. But they were talking about like a Pirates Caribbean with Margot Robbie is the lead, and I'm like, I'd watch it. I want to give a shout out to a YouTube channel. I came across this in a Facebook group like Australian nineties two thousand things right. It's called Tazzy TV's a YouTube channel and he has put every top fifty rage Aria charts in their entirety from nineteen eighty seven through to like two thousand and one. Again, send me a link, Yeah, I'll send you a link. Yeah, tazzy tv on YouTube. He's got like fifteen thousand subscribers and read everyone. It's like, we just watched Rage from nineteen ninety seven, just every song and it's entirey. It's fantastic, brilliant. You know sometimes when they were't allowed to play the clip and just play out the rage do do Do Do Do Do Do? It's like Rage. It was a ABC, which is like that, what is it in the States, I guess like PBS and someone. It's government funded, government funded, And every Saturday morning they would play the top fifty songs in their entirety. But also it would play overnight on Friday and night yes Saturday, yes, so yeah, yeah, you come back from the night club rages on the Other great thing about Rage was the thing that I remember most is all these international acts would come out and they be booked to like program Rage, and we were allowed to show on television. The main clip was like this artist Aphex twin a song called window Licker. Yeah it's like just hardcore electronica, but the clip is just window Licker. Yeah, it's fantastic songs link in the show notes but you're going to do it? Break what that's still job? But yeah, and the Clippers just insane.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: And you know all these international companies, we can program this, we can watch this, we can play this. So that would often get on Rage and a whole new generation of peop would just get traumatized by watching it. You're turned down or you're watching next But yeah, oh that that sounds great. Testy TV props to that person. Yes, also I enjoyed endorsing the farm subsidy check for crops that he didn't grow. And Laughter House. I thought it was quite funny. Laughter House is good. Did that happen in the Was it in the dark night that you know? There's a scene where the joke is like in a truck or something. Ah, it's the truck either says slaughterhouse when you when you drive through the tunnel in the truck, isn't he Yeah, yeah, there's some kind of chase that's when the truck the bike chase. Yeah, yeah, yeah. It either already says slaughter house and the joker crossed to make it a laughter house, or it's called laught house and he puts an air on it to make it slaughter which the Joka might do because he's just that whacking. I saw again, what little sidetrack. Someone put a clip of Jack Nicholson's Joker dancing to princes and they're like, the Joker was this fucking cool? Just dancing an art gallery painting Joker's name, dancing to prince Even looking forward to the second Joker, Did you like the first Joker? I liked bits of it. I think we talked about this. Yeah, so we don't get the best covery. But yeah, I mean I will watch it, but there's just moments that sort of stuck with me. But overall, went it is what it is. Yeah, Yeah, that's someone I'm necessarily hyped to revisit. But like, actually it's pretty good movie the time, but I wouldn't saying the sequel, Yeah, I like Lady Gaga. Next question, you there eating the paste trivia time? What's your first question? But you have any guess? So many questions? Three? Four, four? All right, I've got four as well. Have me with you first? Okay, who is the Transclamomorph's mortal enemy? Oh, it's the something Botsno bots, but it's the more as well, they say that, Okay, but that's the actual name. Is the Dino Robobots? Okay? Yeah, I did actually also enjoy that aspect as well. The just selling marketing to kids. Yeah, we'll get into when we get to that part of the episode. But what is the name of the CD that trustmcneil is doing the voice for. Is it Anguished Animals? Three? Yes? Yeah, Another transclonemorph related question. How much per text? Oh? Two dollars? Fifteen? No, fifteen fifteen dollars per text. Holy mackerel. All right, My next question is how many hours of cartoons were they going to watch in the morning. We're going to WAT six. Correct. Lisa's code name is wind Song. What are the names? Were the code names of her? Two fellow active at compost and Solar Panel. Solar Panel Bar is Lisa's brother. What was Maggie refusing to eat spinach? Cream spinach? Was it or the cream spinach? Okay, was a cream spinach or just saw tae spinach tape spinach as they would say in a fancy hotel, and you order eggs, well, there's in the fryes, none of that. What are you talking about? I've got a thing to point out, a slight little nitpeak here, like one of an iconic moment from The Simpsons, his Homer saying no one's gonna no one's gonna fear of everything, right whatever, and Marge shays sock puppets, and Homer screams and runs away, and yeah he's using a sock puppet here. Quittinuity, people, four characters growth. This is the point counterpoints stuff you come to four fingers before this kind of heated debate let's let's move on my next question to you. My final question to you. Mary's d QAT score is what fourteen fifteen something? Fifteen something? It was eight hundred and seven hundred, wasn't it. I've a little bit more than the seven hundred and something, so well, yeah, yeah, I don't know what it was. Fifteen eighty one was like dairy something, wasn't it. It was like dairy and the I think the other was some ice cream brander. Yeah, I should have done some I'm googling, yes, but I didn't. Awesome pausing in checking their subtitles, That's what I mean. Well, no, well, I could have just written it down even then. It was something that I didn't recognized. Was like pret you know, that's an ice cream brand and I could look. But you know, we're making you do a little work as well. You know there's an interactive podcast. What is Mary's middle name? It's Wrestlemine wrestle Mania. How did I know you would probably pick that a question? It's time now for some stone cutters. We do like stone cutters, don't we. I love them, especially when you just like to know, especially the number one stonecutter Nomero. No, Yes, actually we don't know who number one stone Cutter is. It's actually a secret. Well that's true, but in our hearts, in our hearts, yes it is katyg with her one one hundred dollars support. Thank you so much, kd G. I was going to say Andrews. It's Katie G. Of course it is. But we also like Andrew zero whole yehy do? Why do we like it? Because it gives us fifty dollars a month after Champion so much. Yes, absolute legend. Also our man' z that Pruitt. He's going to be launching his own podcast soon about Mum in the Middle. Look for that one in your feeds very very soon. Yes, the future will be now, old man, and the Office Talk is returning once again. Pat and Katy are back. Oh my gosh, Yes, season two has commenced one again. To check out The Office Talk new episodes every single Wednesday in your feeds? Is there room for all these podcasts? Pat and Katie right, our beloved supporters here was one of the Pat was the first person to ever donate money to the podcast ever, So we love that here for this gap before we even had a Patreon. He don't ad the money what what a lord? A lord and lady and katy, But feel free to keep this in you like. But a while ago we received the lovely care package from Pat Right from Canadia. Was a Pat Right, pat orchestrated all we got lovely sweet treats and savory treats. Yeah we got what was the drink? We've got? The was it? It wasn't seven up, was it? It was a soft trick of some kind of I can't remember. But we did get maple syrup, delicious love and lots of treats and yeah, do it again? Why do I bring this up? It's not like we want another like that. No, we would never say such a thing. Also Andrew Swan Swanny support as well. And we've got also Jonathan Rossi, Reached Beasley, Stephen Roberts, Sewan Dev Pete Anderson, Timothy Burls, and Andrew Davis, Ryan Dunlap, Kevin Dental, Planned Flood, Shannon Hofer, Ballo winter Bank, Jack McFadden, Heath Apple, be Adrick McLeod Lewis Cavanagh, March really even Reese, Roberts, Ginger and Pickle, Preston, Murray, Telei and Riquez, Jack Mersado Declan Phoenix, Brian McCoy, Josh Halle, At Logan, b James Sheppard, Joe Reading, Say, Dave Pretzels McNally, Gavin Lane, Damie Miller, and Charlie Joe. So many Stonecutters. Yeah, it feels like there's more every time. No one more this week. Well that's true, Charlie Joe. But we do have more supporters. Sounds like Charlie Joe. No, we do have more supporters of the four finger discount family on Patreon this month. We're read the names of Scott Ludwig, Matt Deehann, It's Kerns, Stupid, Doss Gate and Isabella Wood. Thank you for joining the four figure Discat family this month. Oh welcome, Very nice to have you. Yes, if you want to support the family, here a four figure discat and get early ad free access to all the show. No bonus pods, King of the Hill, Futurama, Seinfeld, you name it, a new one anyone coming soon launched hopefully this week. Yes, and so much more supports Patreon linked description of this podcast. All right, mister Davis, let's get into a review of Apocalypse Cow. The episode kicks off the episode Sorry, debuted premiered April twenty seven, two thousand and eight, written by Jeff Westbrook and directed by Nancy Cruz. Okay, I really liked the start of this episode. I've made it no secret that I love My favorite visual of The Simpsons is the house early morning on the weekend, the music playing, the nice music, the sun's are starting to rise, just takes me back to being a kid on the weekends. Right, it's clear that you enjoyed that. Before we want to talk about that very start? Do we want to talk about the gag, the couch gag, even a board gag which we got this time. Yeah, chalt gag is a person's a person, no matter how Ralph. Yes, it's a reference to the Doctor Seuss story. Here's a who. And the couch gag was a parody of how to pronounce it's the Bao tak. Yeah yeah, but the BeO tapestry is like it almost your expectations, Like there's not going to be a lot in this episode. Do they have to really stretch out the couch gag so you get not concerned? But I get concerned every time when it is an extended catch gag. I'm just like oh, they had an ideas. I got scared. I'll admit it. I'm not I'm not afraid to admit it. A man going to admit that he is scared. Yes, but but yeah, as I was saying, I really like it when it's early morning, it just takes me back because it was Saturday morning here on the weekend, right, and the kids is sort of in the as it. I'm just like when I was a kid. You know, you have your Saturday morning cartoons, you do you know what was going to be on it. That was part of the excitement. What cartoons are going to be on Now the kids are just like I want always years, I want to watch it. I'm like you kids just have no idea. You got it these days? Won don't you do the thrill of the unknown? Yes? Yeah, I don't know. This is a great story. Our man Andrew Swan right spoil of the pod. He runs out site for us, does everything, he fixes everything. Right, let's just use his plex anyway. He's got this new thing of plex, right, He's gonna help me set up because he already does it. He's got shows from like nineteen ninety seven or whatever, right, like, just say all the Simpsons episodes fro ninety six and ninety seven whatever. He's gone to YouTube and got commercials from that era, and he's created like a playlist, and it's a twenty four hour channel that randomly picks episodes from the playlist and ads at the right time, so that it's like living in nineteen ninety seven. I explain this to Nikola with so much excitement, and she looked at me and she goes, there are so many more things you could do with your time. She prefaces by going, I'm glad you're excited for this, but there are so many more things around his house you could be doing. But the idea of be able to turn on Channel seven from nineteen ninety seven Channel seven nine ninety eight, that right. I don't use the word hero very often, but Andrew, Wow, you are the greatest hero. Yeah, you were the opposite of history's greatest monster. Man. I just thought, how great is that? Right? Plex perfect? I'm well, I can jump. I'm pretty sure I can jump into one of these ples yours. Yeah, I'm pretty sure he's giving you access. Maybe. If not, let's let's do it it, Swanny, Let's make it happen. All right, So yeah, so basically you could also get access to mine, like guy watching some weird shiit, what's going on here? It's early morning. I just love this crush. He's like beautiful sunny there eye six hours a yard. Dudes, it was the best way to spend the morning. Oh god, yeah, I mean, I think we've talked about that meme that was going around a while ago. It's like no one ever remembers the best afternoon in their lives in front of the TV, and a whole lot of nerds came yes. I go, well, it's funny because I just play video games a lot when I was a kid whatnot. And Nicola challenged me to a Mario cut went to the Kingpin time Zone arcade center at the casino on the weekend, and I was like, I wasn't letting her win, but she was just in front of me, and I was holding on to one of those shells just for the right moment, and I let her picture about to win. Whoo through that she went straight past her, and I was like, my youth not wasted, but yeah, watching cartoons in the morning, what a great time. Oh yeah, maybe I had that as well, but certainly like I think, like a perfect childhood Saturday afternoon. It's like Saturday afternoon. We didn't we had a Sunday morning. We had on Sunday. Little bit I'm saying, I'm thinking about the afternoon. It'll be like, you know, some B grade sci fi movie from the nineteen fifties on the on the matinee, maybe a footy game. Maybe maybe a footy game. But for an indoor kid like me, it's more like Earth versus the Flame makesself a you know, a grilled chy sandwich, either a glassic Quick or a Quick or a lemon cordial. And it's like, oh, it doesn't get any better than this, peo when you go outside with your friends. I'm with my friends, Mom, this is the Flying Sauce. Why don't you watch that? Cats versus the Damon's Earth versus the Playing Sauce. Bobby's just He's like, what's the golfer from Havy Gilmore? But yeah, you're right, Yes, it's a great way to start the day. I'll be a missed Ozzie Simpsons fans out there right there, going dando. If you don't mention this, I'm not gonna subscribe anymore. Every weekend for a child in Australia growing up in the mid nineties through too. I said mid two thousands, maybe even a bit later, but mid tw thousand probably when I stop watching it religiously Super Simpsons weekends every Saturday morning, every Sunday morning on Fox eight here in Australia from nine till twelve, it was incredible. We didn't know what episodes are going to be on. You didn't care. It was the Simpsons. It was part of your life. You had to watch the Simpsons, much like Monday to Friday six pm, Channel ten we watch the Simpsons. Then nine till twelve we had our marathons, and then they brought in this inn called Fox Fox eight two and they would replay them two hours later, so you'd watch the same episodes two hours later. Amazing. There's a level of excitement. It's catching and also scary Simpsons. I think I've just mentioned this to like Matt Salomon and other fans from around the world, Matt Simon Simpsons, which she's obviously but he's like, yeah, marathons every week and every week we had a marathon. It's like, that's amazing. We loved it here, dude, oh, Simpsons in Australia. We don't know how good we had it, but now we've got every episode whenever we want. It just doesn't feel the same though. No, you need a little randomizing in your life. Yeah. I mentioned this on Twitter and on Facebook and it went ballistic. Disney Plus, if you are watching this guest, do you Disney make a randomized button for not just The Simpsons, but for every show possible, so we can just we don't want to pick anymore. We want you to tell us randomize that shit. That's not hard. We're sick of choosing. We're sick of democracy. South Park Studios has a randomized button. Surely you can just have a randomized button. You're Disney. You can do anything. You can do anything. You can do anything, you are doing it. You run the world. You are doing everything. Who runs the world world? If you're a fan of everything we do here at Fourth Finger Discamp, but you're kind of hearing these pesky ads, then you'll absolutely love being a member of the fourth Finger Discamp family on Patreon, where you not only get access to over one hundred hours of bonus podcast, but you also get access to this show early and add free every single week, as well as access to our exclusive Facebook and Discord communities, and so much more. So go ahead, join the family today and support your palas Guy and Dano for as little as one dollar per month at patreon dot com slash fourthing a discount. So the kids are watching six hours of cartoons, which means they're watching transclown Wolves, Transclana Worphs, Transplanta Worps. Yes, I take all the Transformers obviously, yes, and could mean something different in twenty twenty four, Yes it could, but just it hits hard. Just the marketing. Having to buy this was me and I'm now it's rubbing off on me from me onto Elliott and it's just like I have to have this toy. It's like every season now that especially the way they had the Dino bots here, it feels like every show now if it's Spidy and his amazing friends right now, they've been given dino suits where they transform into dinosaurs and I was like, this is a spider Man Donosaurus is like want want one Wan Want want and I was like, bye bye bye. We did do a nerdy video about it, and I went ballistic. We go things are going ballistic for Dando recently. That's good news. We both had birthdays recently and one of my I made a minor pledge. It's like, okay, look I've got, you know, birthday discounts coming in from various retailers and whatnot. Hey, gay, you've been a good castory. Here's twenty percent off your next thing. Blah blah blah. I was like, okay, I'll do a little round of purchasing. But then, guy, you've got enough stuff. You don't need anything else, not for a while at least, maybe trying to get the rest of the year, only three months without buying shit, and you get an ema. Hey guys, your birthday last month, do another twenty percent hour. This is going to show that I'm an absolute cheap skate or just an absolute scammer. But there's a like a wine service that i'snded called Vno mofo. Good guys, I've got a good range of all this stuff. And occasionally, I mean, but I've got enough wine in the house. Vno mofo, vno mofo or one word. But occasionally they will have a thing called whiskey mofo. It's like, oh, we're going to sell some nice bonsor whiskey, you know, at at a slight discount and curated range and all that. They only had it for one day, and then the day after that they said, hey, you know what they did that really you don't want to use it? Not that, no, no, no, it was like, oh, you're a good customer, you know, we want to show that you appreciate it. Tell you, yeah, here's twenty bucks off your next purchase for twenty four hours on. And I was like, this comes the day after you've sold the stuff that I actually wanted to get. Yeh. So I'm like when Karen on, I'm not Karen. I went Darren on him, Uncle Darren fight off an email. I said, hey, guys, look this is great. I really appreciate you trying to give me a discount. Unfortunately, you know, I was really into, you know, your whiskey thing, but that just that's just gone. You wouldn't have any more lying around the you know, the warehouse that I could possibly use this discount thing on. You win. I win. Yes, I am not a crack pipe. Give me free, give me free stuff. They got back with it. Eh, No, we're not doing that. But the next time we do who is by the way to discuss my service? Who is lose our email, lose our address? Yeah, next time we're having on those, get in touch. We'll see what we can do for it. So and I'll hold you to that. I can't believe that I reached the I want to save twenty dollars. I want my discount the way I want it. But then Bartamy is like, the people are not my friends. But this is like the man that got discount on everything you wanted. What did you do then, Guy? I went shopping anyway. So that's another tale from Guy the cheap Skate. We should bring back the my two cents segment right in mail Bag of fourthing a discount dot com dot a. You've got some bag questions to get through for the mailbag for this month. We'll get to that in the later podcast. But mail Bag at fourthing a discount dot com dot au, send through your my two cents story and if it's a good one, we'll put it on the show. We'll put it on the show. We'll read it out yes day. Okay, we haven't really gone that far into the They're watching cartoons, back golf, turret dactyl pots, he'll never conquer pig toopsity.
Speaker 1: Really, it's time to make you Transclonemorus deck stige.
Speaker 2: Only my Saturday morning tourists can save me. Buy my cereal, find the secret code inside and text me the message start the day with Kellogg's, or I will die. Enough from you. Hurry, guess no one's buying my cereal. Buy or I'll die, And Marge says, you know, I'm sick of you guys watching commercials shows that it's based around commercials. Watch some golf instead of word just off. They put golf on, they come back in they want to purchase Calaway titanium perimeter weighted drivers. It really add yards to his swing. Yeah, it made me realize. Oh yeah, everything's just ads, isn't it. You watch the football now, the AFL, so many ads for gambling now. Oh absolutely, it's insane. I will never not laugh at the fact there is a betting company called lad Brokes, which is basically designed to send lads broke. Yeah, that's the joke. Did you name yourself that? You might as well Coke called coke tooth rot. All due respect to Coke, it's a fine beverage. Just Maca's weight gain. I had some last night. Good, not bad. Actually, yeah, you have just the traditional quarter pedal. Yeah, yeah, but they were a little more forthcoming with the sauce. Listeners to the show will know that I was trying to be off macas for a while. I had a bit of a hangover. I went to a school again this weekend, and the hangovers linger along than they used to, so I needed a bit of a greasy clean up. But yeah, I got my quarter pane of cheese.
Speaker 4: Like.
Speaker 2: It wasn't a box all they wrap them up. They were in a box. I hate the box. It's always cold before you get home. This one was all right, okay, yeah, yeah, I got I feel like cheeseburger is still tastes like cheese beggers, so they still wrap them up. Heat stays in the cheese must a little bit. Yeah, and so a good quarter banda a good quarter pounder. Yeah, but no more macis until next week. Again. They keep giving me the bonus points. It's like, oh, I can get a free apple bar with this. I might as we gotta hold meal. I have a meal with my apple pipe. Oh dear, yeah, speaking burgers, and well that's that's sort of theme of this episode isn't it but only the Saturday morning viewers can save hi blah blah blah, they' watching the Gulf. March points out, I actually like this and it's true right, And I never realized this until I met Nikola. Hey, Lisa Black bananas, know what that means bread? I was like, that's literally what happens in our house. The kids are so excitedly we get the bake banana bread a thing. How good is banana breads? Are delicious? It's the it's the best way to get fruit to kids too. Like it's like they like bananas, but the idea is saying you have a banana Like I don't want bananas, but I know you like getting it. Yeah, it's free though, banana bread. Sign me the fuck up? Oh wait, whatever bread with banana you put in front of me even better than that. As occasionally you will find a recipe for like a banana bread variant, you know what a suck around vamiaria. Yes, And this was like I saw a recipe for like apple cinnamon banana bread. I'm like, wait, what you can do this? God will not strike you down to the supermarket. You know what I do I get Nicholas barda bread right, and I have it with some light just low fat yogurt. I get Nicholas b bread and I eat it. Wow. You heat it up and then you put some like fat for a yogurt on top. It's unbelievable, straw fat. You're not really doing the Simpsons podcast anymore. Basically, we're doing into to Martha Stewarts everyone else to cook the food for us. We'll take Pat Hadi send us a whole bunch of food. We'll eat it and how good. And maybe we'll mention the Simpson's episode somewhere in there. But though, so this is gonna make banana bed with March and Bars being sent to Shelbyville with Homer to refill the bean bags. I love the good beanbag when I was a kid. It's no good when they pop, they get a little bit of a skan and then you've just got to spend the rest of your life just occasional balls. Yeah. Finding beads, Yeah, the kids and I had these when I was a kid as well. There's little foam couches. They still got them there. Like Elliot's too big for he he doesn't give it it's like it's his couch, wet. We bought the new couch and we're not let the kids eat on there anymore. Like there's no way you are eating that ice cream on this six thousand dollars couch. Not happening. Oh, when I've been over here, I've seen Holly set up a little eating stations on the floor. Animal. She was very happy there, and Daniel was very happy for not to have to clean the coutch. Yes. So on the way and they're discussing how Dean Martin used to do first takes at the last minute, even though Wikipedia says otherwise. Yeah, there is a lot of contention about it. They're just pointing out that Wikipedia can be changed by anybody. I think that's the joke. But there's always been a lot of thought talking about Oh Dean Martin, he was drunk half the time and wing it. So I think Dina was actually, you know, kind of prepared, was he, and actually not that much of a drinker. Okay, I've heard the complete opposite. Yeah, there's just a stick. Okay, So they honk it Martin, who's in the combine harvest. Martin's got a lot of appearances. I feel like he's a new side. H malt, But I'm all, I like Martin. We all a gentle cress of the breeze on our legs, don't we? Who does not? Yes, so he's part of the four H Club. I actually have no idea what the four H Club is. Yeah, that's I think they start alluding to it that it's kind. I mean, I think the ages sound like the hands heart something else. Yeah, we could look it up. It's just some of us. It's a club for kids. It's a it's a rural club for kids, all similar to the Scouts, maybe I think so. But yeah, it's certainly it's very farm related. Okay, yeah, but that has most finger loss in any youth organization. And Homer is sold on this because there is no parent involvement required. So he sends. But there they arrive. He's going through all the different ahes I.
Speaker 4: Pledge my head to clear thinking, my heart, a greater loyalty, my hair man, how many do this thing have? Yeah, there is a let's skip the old and get you behind the wheel or something you can't handle.
Speaker 2: May I take a moment to explain because according to Wikipedia, which it never gets altered Apparently, according to this episode, the four h's stand for head, heart, hands, and health and health. Okay, their mission is to engage youth to reach their full potential while advancing the field of the youth development. So okay, so it's not just rural. I mean I thought it was. I think there's a big rural component to it. But it's main organ main organ is the National Institute of Food and Architecture and its paran organization is the United States Department of Agriculture. There we go, all right, Well, they put butt behind the wheel of something that he can't handle. I like that, yes, and I like these he's one other things. Everyone's over the clothes line, the clothes coming out foldedficiently like a little water. And then the manure is parts of the Caribbean. Three. Then but parks his car, endorses the farm subsity check for crops that he didn't grow, gets the thumbs up, and then he starts they're feeding the animals, and then the guy has a bucket of sandwiches for the kids. Yeah, some good visual gag. Yes. Then they get their summer project and then we're gonna look after a calf for the summer. It seems like a lot of work. True, yeah, but you know, but gets put with the runt, causing you're a scrappy little misfit, just like me. Rolf's got the wood, which pays off later. I'm not sure whether you notice at the fair where they're doing the judging. So Rof's got the wooden rocking horse thing or whatever it is. Right, it's not a real cow. So now Mary shows him how to feed the bottle. He calls him Lulu Bell he thought was a girl because she thought she thought she was peeing out of a nipple. It's actually a boy. He is now named lou. Nicola really liked this. So the next moment with the branding, right, Nicholas like, oh, that was really sweet. So rather than brand Lou on the cow, he brands on a piece of wood and hangs around his neck like a proud little name tag. Yeah. Also, I'm hearing the name louis lot during this course, thinking of the lovely Laise. It was the exact opposite of the cow. But is eating the grass because he likes to taste the grass. Whatever. The montage and more, getting along training like Rocky Punch in the beef and things like that runs getting really strong. He is getting strong. Mary puts a little blanket of a Barkley sleeping with Lou just nicely, but have a little connection here or something. And now Springfield candy. Fair warning. Funhouse may have Christian message and it's the cop just like this Funhouse episode may have a pro vegetarian message. Yeah, I like this though, So it's the calf kind of So Ralph's now got the wooden cow. It's got a bucket on the head.
Speaker 4: So what do you think of my calf?
Speaker 1: Now, son, I'm not here to judge, all right, I am, Well, I don't know much about cows, but I think we have a winner.
Speaker 2: Judge. Oh yeah, I am I'm not to judge. So but Lou wins and then he thinks they're gonna be friends forever, but unfortunate Lisa points out, you know what's going to be happening next, right, and good question from Bahre. Want you kill the loser cows? Well, this one gets killed for yes, yes, and we will kill him. He get to go first, but sad and yes, Marge and Homer, can we buy him back? I was confused why Homer was going no, is it just because Homer likes to eat me. I don't know. Usually, I think he's probably had enough wild animals and hair brain schemes involved animal friends and such in his house. He's head stampy in the backyard. Yeah that's true. Yeah, but is woe because he's going to be turned into food and vest for gay cowboys, as he points out. Then Homer points out here the lesson here has never work hard or form emotional attachments to anything, and also don't be a cow. Then, but here's the mooing at night. And I thought this is going to be the payerf. It was going to be at least it was just like mooing in the bands. But no, she's playing the yeah CEO, trust me now. Yeah, And as we pointed out earlier, it's kind of a shitty thing for Lisa to do. But I think that was the whole point that sort of say sometimes they try to push their beliefs, which isn't the right way to go about it. But yeah, Tristanill gets shout out, which is good, and she points out the doctor hippie fungusyums. What were they like, I think like mushroom chips, Yeah, something like that. They were replaceable for me. It's protein from somewhere, that's right. Yeah. I was over at Lose last night, not the not the cattle named in this episode, and a friend of hers that was really recommending like this snack treat from the health food ale. They were like cauliflower puffs or something, and honestly, they look like the packing peanuts you'd get when you, you know, when you order something from one of your many favorite outlets. And but they had chili lime flavor. I'm like, well, that's two of my favorites. Giving them a try, and it's like hello taste. No, No, that had the chili lime taste, but it was like there's no underlying flavor. It's like I really could be eating like Starophone peanuts here that are edible, yeah, but with a chili lime kind of dusting on. It's like it felt very futuristic, like I was eating soil and green or something. It's like, I gotta eat this, I gotta live on. It's chew when the flavor runs out. Yeah, and I'm much chewing this, Yeah I could. I could kind of enjoy it, but there's still be like nothing really organic here. It's just it's one. It's it's like prawn cocktail flavor things or whatever. It's it's like these bites. But you know when you get like the prawn crackers from the from the Chinese shot, right, and they kind of that kind of texture and for the first second or two there's taste and then it's just I'm eating that, Like you said, styrofome out of the box. It's like it's weird, Like I know this is food, but is it food? I've got to put a link to this, the coulieflower bites. No, No, there's other things. It was like a cartoon and I think it was in the New Yorker when they were talking about dodgy advertising particularly comes to food. I think that might have been taken the piece a bit. But some look realistic. It's like this is not an actual flavor. This is more like a feeling that you're talking about, not a real word. It's like when you get looks like karra milk. It's a current every chocolate, but it sounds like caramel. It sounds kind of milky, and I like those things with chocolate. Yeah, I like milk, chocolate, caramel and milk. This could be a couple of great taste that tastes great together, but not a real word. But now that I watched mad Men with Nicola, I'll say to her on the way home on tram I'm like, everywhere I look now I'm seeing slogans. I'm like, my whole life, I've been looking at slogans and not realizing I'm looking at slogans. And I thought, what was one that left out? There? Was? It was for Mery Wells was dempletely rebrand. There used to be a Hamburger joint in Melbourne, but now like a fancy fine dining restaurant. It's bizarre. Is it a good burger? Yeah, they're not that. They're gone, not there anymore, and now there's a Merry Wells side it's near Holy Molly into the whole wall sprawled like that. I think that the slogan was something like the most perfect restaurant in the world or something. I was like, that's ah, it was a ship slogan, right, but it was like fine dining with like little fancy patast and stuff, and I was like, that's not Mery Wells anyway. I was like someone some genius walked into an office one day and had a board and said, KFC, I don't care hair, I love it. I love it like if you had a pitch up to me, would have gone, I don't know you hear a song genius. A couple of months later, Elliot Dan, I was just singing it non stop. Yeah, it's his catchphrase. Yeah, except they always go why do they say bitch and ship in that song? But imagine me the guy walking the Maxisin and just went no words, do do do? Do do? I'm loving it, I'm loving it. And I was like, holy ship, I am loving that. Just my marketing brain watching mam, and I'm like, I could do this, Like I'm constantly thinking of ideas. I stayed up with my friend JP on Friday night. Other you always called my friend JP my friend JP. I'm very proud that he's my friend. Yes, he's he's real marketing whiz, has his own marketing for them. And one of those ads for Telstra came on, you know the new ones that they've got, like the stop motion animals. I don't watch too much TV. Okay, these are on a lot during the Olympics and are like, what the what's the meaning of this ship? I said to Jape because we're watching the footy and one of those ads came and I said, okay, you're marketing. What's the meaning of this ship and he said, no, no, very good. Uh you know it's good muscle flexing by a brand that doesn't need to say where Intel where a telecommunications brand. You know, we're just letting you know that we're Telstra. You know, we don't have to say get a new phone for this price, or you know, use our you know, wonderful Telco plan or something. It's just like, yeah, you know where Telstra we exist, just need a little reminded that we are. It's yeah, I suppose it's a nice bit of dick swinging on their part. It's not gonna like it to get out of my house. Also, one of my clients I came up with this shout out to JP. I loved his hospitality on Friday night, cooked me a good steak. Yeah yeah, tasty. Didn't neame it. Lou I did not know. But he says he he's not going to say something there, he's not going to stop eating meat, and but he says he'll meet her halfway. He'll stop stirring his drinks with sausages. They arrive at where Abatoire and Costello a great name when they really when they want to give good names like sorrying gags and things like that as opposed to what was it fast food? Ali fast food? Yeah that during any pluribus when it was yeah when blows? The other reason they disliked that episode? So and whose kid was it? Who came up with my price? You came in the show, shout to Michael Price. Yeah, not to his kid though, Sorry Mike, of course we're kidding. Where cows go from moo to you? And Barket said, I never figured the game would be locked. It's like a new will coming or something. At least it calls the active sin compost and solo panel. She's winsng as he said, and then they break in. The cows are all stacked up and lose. Now really huge because he's being given another way of just mentioning your food that you're eating is lace growth hormone? It is, yeah, chock full of hormones. I don't say it's bad, I say it's good that it's ignoreing. Yeah, It's like we're not pushing pretty message here, but just say you know, he's big because of growth hormones and and that's stuff that you're putting into yourself. Yeah, it's like microplastics. They're everywhere, so they're even in my precious testacles. But learnt something at the four H club. You can drive a forklift. Now listen, all sort of came all everything that all linked. Yeah, and he uses the fok to escape, and the this is just maybe we can take it to Mary because she lives on a farm.
Speaker 4: What are we going to do with him? Where are your friend Mary from four H slifts out of farm? Luca stay with her cow on a farm with the move move here and a moon move there. Yes, it works all right, lou to freedom.
Speaker 2: But then he realized that he's no on the focus. He's been stuck in the tree. But they get there. It's at Claris's house and Clitis thinks that but is proposing by offering the cow. I like how they also acknowledge and a sort of a not necessarily stealthy fashion, but they do acknowledge. Cows are kind of dumb animals. I mean, yeah, they're they're living beings with feelings and all that stuff. But it's smart enough to know that their child's been taken from them. Yeah, that's right, but fun with deal and both this episode like come on your freetown. I think the joke here wasn't that he didn't want you. I think he was stuck. He was so big was he couldn't They couldn't. That's why fot is to list him up and out because he couldn't. They couldn't force me out because he was stuck. Well, because the growth horment I should probably pay more attention to. That might be this lesson that I take away from this episode that we've got a call back to the hodown. By the way, Oh that's true, it was exactly the same. But yeah, but what I love so that of lusty song. Yes, but agrees in order to make Lou happy because he's going to be looked after on the farm, agrees to marry Mary. And we mentioned a Dia Betty here and things and whatever. Yeah, a whole bunch of he'll be cliche what we called him Mary stabbed in jail, blah bah blah. You've already mentioned that Homer margin homery. The only thing to confuse me about this sock up a bit was it it didn't mean anything. It was just stuff happening. I liked that it was kind of elaborate, but as opposed to just the normally here comes the plane theyrectally put on this. Oh these are if you have to go to to get your child to eat food, that whole not cool to eat. Spit you can spit itch the coolest. It's the coolest cool unless you and when you actually get their breakthrough and the kid A lot of the a lot of the hassle when you're a parent trying to get kids to eat food. It's just taste it. Oh yeah, like I don't like it. You haven't tasted it yet, I don't like it. Just taste it once you get to taste it, and you see in their mind going, oh shit, I do like it. I don't want to eat it. I mean I've got to commit to the bit. I don't like it. You do like it. I know I like it. I just know what to eat it. Trying to think of another excuse, but like, but but misall call him but Elliott right in a little rascal? What does butt call himself? A little rap scallon scaley and whatever? He wouldn't eat sushi, just wouldn't touch would have look at sushi right because he does six Yeah, I mean, I know sushi's for everybody, but because smashes sushi loves it, right. But he was like, I don't like the green stuff. That's and I was like, that's the only reason you didn't like it. What is all of that ship without the avocado. He's like, ok, I didn't like the avocado. I can do that. Yes, give him what. He's like, Okay, I thought it was like I thought he didn't like what sabi. No, no, no, no, it was avocado. So I'm like, so now we get it with that avocado. He just eats it. I'm like, that's the reason. Why did you just tell me this child? And so he doesn't like avocado? He does eat it? Now, yeah, make him some make him a nice batch of wak We just made him eat Hollies, we said, because Holly got a sushi and he wanted something else. You're still hungry. But he won. Well, he loved it. And so basically he tried Holy sushi with the avocado and he was like, oh, yeah, I do like it. I like, yeah, I never tasted it like you were constantly cracking safe. Oh it's literally everything everything is just bargaining it's just parenthood. Man. Well we'll talk about this when we talk about our upcoming Tales of future. Yeah, but we say that. But yet Nick and I went to Melbourne to get away from the kids. But then and hour we missed them and we're looking at photos of the kids. It's yeah, it is what it is. It is what it is. But so they've rescued the rescue. Lou Bart's agreed to marry Mary as a result of because they thought he was proposing. And they're doing the sopt puppets. Yes, Lisa comes in and she she interrupts them. I just thought this didn't go anywhere. It doesn't whatever, it doesn't make sense, but whatever, And it ends with Marsha myth to go help. She got an idea of how we can. I don't know where the idea was going. I was like, she mentioned sewing. Where is this going? What's happening here? Pays off later, of course, but she says, we've got lots of sewing. Go get your sewing, my sewing kit, please, Lisa. And how he goes and punches flanners for no reason. Didn't need it at all, an unwelcome return of Jackass home. Yeah, that just keeps us little bits moments here. Do you think there are some writers in the Simpsons writers room at any given stage who have carriages that they just dislike and want to serve up something to them. I mean, look at the very start of this episode with the Bao tapestry thing with Flanners all cut up yet to punch on the face in this episode is like, have you got have you got something against Flanners? I won if that happens in not just a Simpsons writer's room, but any writer's Room's like, yeah, good characters just so like and if I could find some way to just stick it into him, I'll do that. Is that one guy really hates Cal and everyone's like, oh, ship, how about we do an episode? Will we kill him? What about the dank? That's one of my favorites, say the dank by the dank. But so homes punched Flanners here. Now it's time for the wedding and we've got wouldn't be a Simpsons season nine episode without a gay, flamboyant voice fire Hackazaria. And it's the wedding Planner, not that flamboy I mean, it's not as bad as it's very on the nose. Was it Lindsay Nail's ex husband, that guy. Yeah, yeah, man, that's that's that's crank and the dar Yes, yes, this is what this is, like a seven. He had the Zaria lisp though a little yeah, I mean yeah, I didn't think it was as egregious as others. No, no, no, not as bad. But Mary is given the various giftsparently, spider peck was one of the gifts that she's given. I saw that, Yeah, yeah, but she's given in the one moment I was paying attention, So that's my pick. Yeah, Mary says that I'm not too sure about this. You know, you just got cold feet because you have bare foot and Madam Lisa's running late, and but it's like, well, if I say no, then lous gonna dining up to keep going through with it, just a quick wine back. It's not necessarily a funny gig, but I thought it was okay, you know, with the whole something borrowed, something blue, and it's like something something something stew. Well, you know, I like it's something stew It's the kind of gag that just feels like a real throwaway. But it's like I kind of liked that for some reason, you do love ste I do love ste and I love something, but I thought not anything, but something, And maybe I just realized we've got this pretty much same storyline with Bart getting married. Remember when he thought he knocked that girl? That's right. Yeah, I'm pretty sure with the exact same joke. Wer was like kiss. I thought it was getting marrried.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think it was something in the lines of how a kid's made, like if we kiss, will have a killing. I don't know. Anyway, it felt like a similar gag. Margin drops the wedding and Lou is unfortunately going to be sent to defeed lot because the wedding's not going through and she's now going to be a what is she a mate?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No, what is Mary now at the age of eleven?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Old mate, old made or whatever. Basically, she's a door spinster. Yes, yes, Marge. Bart's like disappointed, and Marge's got a trick up a sleep and I was like, this is nice. The found had a little planned together and the trick is that Homer is actually dressed up in costume as Lou on the back of the truck and when he gets to the slaughter house, that'll be the qu to come pick him up. He thinks that says laugh the house. Marge like, that's okay, I'll just turn my phone off non charge. It was nice that they gave Marge like a Homer moment. Yeah, and at least that feels like the kind of thing at home will do. Was like, I don't want to be disturbed by this boon and at least acknowledged because there could have been an easy plot whole word gone, Why don't have it? Just call Marge back straight away. Now I've turned my phone off because I'm okay. It's a laughing house. It all makes sense, right, and it's silly, but it makes sense. Appoo's at the airport where his plan he's going to take Lou back to Indiaways, we treated with the same respect that humans get treated with in America. Yeah I knew when. Yeah, I mean, of course up in India had to sort of play a role. If you're going to save a cow from anything. What's the one culture in the world that really revers came Indian? Yep, So it's much I don't forget story because we have Indian restaurants here in Australia and they serve beef, right, It's just normal for us. Going to England, I was like, can I beef this? And I'm like, beef, that's wrong with you? And I was like, give me like from a cow and I was like, oh yeah, do you have any butter chicken? If you're a fan of everything we do here at four Finger Discamp, but you're kind of hearing these pesky ads, then you'll absolutely love being a member of the fourth Finger Discamp Family on Patreon, where you not only get access to over one hundred hours of bonus podcast, but you also get access to this show early and add free every single week, as well as access to our exclusive Facebook and Discord communities, and so much more. So go ahead join the family today and support your pals Guy and Dando for as little as one dollar per month patreon dot com slash four fing a discount, Loue.
Speaker 4: If that plane leaves the ground and you're not on it, you'll regret it. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon and definitely after they kill you and make you into sloppy. Joe's is looking at you.
Speaker 2: Could margin turns her phone back on. Go over four hundred text messages ready for picking up Homer ends up in the killing floor, and yeah, it's just a brutal acknowledgment of this is what happens to cows. Yes, indeed, I mean apparently there are documentaries and documentary footage of what it's like on the killing floor and you will just ead legible for the rest of your days. Yeah, so I do not watch this. I've got two friends who still work at the avatoire, you know, the place that stinks when you're driving down to our airport. Yeah, I know how he does it. I just don't know how he's done it since he was like nineteen, it's like fifteen years now, twenty years. Not for me, Yeah, I think it requires a good a good bit of compartmentalization on Yes, it does, indeed, But you know that sounds electroustic. Now that's the second march. It's the emergency stop just before. But home was about to be chopped up, and he saw things here that he never wants to see again. He'll never eat beef ever again, You'll or the other animals. At least he's gonna be at least he's acknowledging that I can see where least is coming from. Now The episode ends with but laying in bed, He's going to photo of Loo next to him and he says, for once in my life, I'm proud that I did have a cow man. It was a nice it was nice ending. It's just a nice story. It was. It was just they they handled the story that south, but tried to do in a much better way, in a much better fashion. Yeah right, Yeah, Look, there there were certainly some aspects that you know, wedged in a little awkwardly or didn't sit quite right, But for the most part went from A to B to C very very well. Indeed, it wasn't a B plot, was there. It was just this was I'm just talking about you know, I'm just thinking now, Yeah, because sometimes they have like a homerwacky bee plot or whatever it was. We're all on the same page, all on the same letter. What do we learn, Bomber? So, what did you learn from the episode, mister Davis? Well, how the activists are vital to you know, our collective morality, to highlighting important issues, making sure that the world sort of maintains its moral access. But they're also really fucking annoying, all of them, some of them. Okay, that's true, but you know only a sith dealers and absolutes. Apparently you know what I learned. Tell me I learned that. No. I do like some activists, some not, but no I like more than those activists. Zoe Deel, especially when she's playing Mary. That thought she did a good job. She did a very good job. Yeah. Always always understands the assignment. From day forward, your name will be all right. It is the Guy Davis New Name Championship for season nineteen. Current lead. The board stands at this all the way ahead in first position on twenty two points, it is Jared Hornby. In second position we have Adam Willhowse on fourteen points, and in third position we have Phil Hawkins on thirteen points. Take it away, my good sir. Okay, then one point for the Grays escape. He's getting even further away. Its shared Hornby now in twenty three points, only a one point. Though your aim is not true, I don't think it really matters at this point. You're still doing pretty well, Dared. It's a point every week. He ain't losing this thing, that's true. Two points goes to the farmer of the bride. That's another good title. I'll play it that is Oh, it's our man, Phil Hawkins with the two. He's now in second position for now on fifteen points. Why don't, sir, should we? If Phil Hawkins gets a certain amount of points to be determined by us by the end of the season, we give him as jayback. If it's certain aount of points. All right, So what are we on now? It's episode seventeen. Is twenty in this season? Correct? Yes, so there's three more, so there's potential nine. He's currently on fifteen. If you can end the season on twenty, Yes, twenty points by twenty episodes, Phil, you get your jay back? Yeah, Philip g Hawk. There'll be a ceremony and everything. Okay, But three points goes to look at the camera again. You're looking for the camera again. This is the cameras that on You've trained me. I'm used to it and become a more of a show off. And now you come up in the middle of three points. That's what everyone's student there for? Are they? Are they really? I think they're tolerating? Can you challenge at this point everyone except Jared horn Be. Three points goes to engaging Bull. You have never seen Beraging Bull? Good movie? Yeah, not exactly feel good, but boxing right, yeah, yeah, and I've never seen it, but engaging ball is a good title. And that sounds like you went mmm, by the way like a cow. Yeah, can you do a good cow? Move that? It's very good voice actor in the making. Yeah, move over, Jim comings new cow and tea, he's right here. Move that would That's it was pretty clever that title, wasn't it. That was very good? Yeah? Pretty clever? Yeah? I wonder who with both eyes here you blinking in trouble having a stroke. Who think gives this clever title? Who's Tillien Riquez? It's clever Carle Muoon the heavy hitters a coming back. But he's now in outright fourth position on nine points. So we've got Jared Hornby in first, Adam Moorehouse he's in third. Sorry now, so we've got Phil Hawkins in second position on fifteen, Adam Wirehouse third on fourteen, and Clever con now outright fourth on nine. Right. Yes, so technically if so, if he's eight points behind, if Jared Hormy doesn't get any more points and Phil Hawkins gets three three three, what a comeback that would be? This is an over It can actually this is not over people. Wow, after the last couple of weeks saying there's a chance, the last few weeks, we've been thinking that it's a full conclusion. It's Jared. His name is Jared. He's been in the New Name Championship. What were we talking about. We've done that before. No, not on this, not for this one. But we made a joke on one of our recent podcasts. We did. Indeed, we cracked ourselves up. It was the end of Futurama. It was somebody walked in something. No, No, his name is Adam. He threw the Javiden. Oh you're sick, pal Adam. That was Futurama, wasn't it? It was? I believe, why are we talking about throwing javelins through testicles? You just said he had a great story, and then you're polling up with a great story. How many times have I said this is a brigle story? And then you look at why are you talking about your reunion? That's right?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And then the teacher there didn't know in life, and I was like, I'll got a story about a teacher you should throw a javelin through, isn't it. I'm pretty sure that was on our Futurama review. If it's not, then you probably say shut up down it. If it is, the anybody to hear it is by being supported of ours on Patreon, hopefully you're listening to all these shows of the four Finger Discount mosaic. Yeah, because the way it works now for those of you who supports you already aware of this, but for the way it works is you're going to get Going Down the South Park and four Forging are discount every single week as you do in your years, every single week, as well as the one about friends and the Office Talk with Patent Caty's returned as well, but every single week now you're going to get an alternate exclusive podcast on Patreon, whether it be tows of Futurama, talking someone Out, Speaking of the Heel, or TV Launch Pods. So the official first season of TV Launch Pod is now done and dusted. You can listen to it. There's like fifteen episodes of four episodes available right now. You come listen to it for free. But now going forward for the next couple of months or so, it's going to be an exclusive podcast who we returned for the official season two. But if you want those exclusive episodes. You're going to be a supporter of ours for as little as it costs less than a cup of coffee to support us for a month and get all that content. Ad literally good coffee, but still yes, but for go to the coffee just once in a while. You give that money to your pals down to on guys, so we can keep you know, pumping that good content in your ears rather than new pumping caffeine ind your system exactly, so con fel you can do it. Get that jback, Phil. Yes, all right, that's been our review of Apocalypse count. Hope you guys enjoyed it. The next episode of season nineteen of The Simpsons is as I google it right now, because I think the last couple of episodes has been pretty good, dont you reckon? Not too bad? You know, we thought we were in the season nineteen weeds, as I like to say, but we actually broke out the whipper snipper and cleared apart. Yeah, I think they've realized the formula here is rehash old stories slightly tweaked to put a clock in it. A clock at it. It is any given sun dance. Oh I don't think I enjoyed this one. If I remember correctly, we shall find it's the least episode. But as we always say, we enjoined the lista ones now don't we. You certainly do, and I don't mind them all right, guys, thank you again for all of your support here at four finger Discount. Don't forget to rate and review us on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Revue. Do you find this show, send us a message. You can send us an email to Mailbag at four finguer discount dot com today you were going to get into those in the next Mailbag podcast. And of course if you can't support us on Patreon, that would be much appreciated as well. Or for as little as one single dollar we do per month you can't supporter us can get access to a bunch of exclusive content for a Missa Davis. Any final words for those incredible supporters out there, we hope you've enjoyed four finger Discount. That's the scrappy little misfit of podcasts. Sh