Speaker 1: Where's the room for them on the sidewalks? Or are you going to build something? Is that the idea that we have behind a boring company to go underground for the robots to walk around or fly above?
Speaker 2: Where's the room for them?
Speaker 3: Well? Actually, actually you can. You can fit all humanity on the poor in the city. That's how small humans are and octopus doesn't mind being pastically how much room.
Speaker 4: Do people take?
Speaker 3: And and this is why I think just having it in the back of your mind that all eight billion people on Earth can fit on one floor in the city of New York.
Speaker 4: So play. Another way I think meet is if you're find.
Speaker 3: A cross the country and you'll go is to drop a water blapoon on someone you you will fail.
Speaker 4: Because it's empty.
Speaker 1: We used to do that when we were in eighth grade. We got them though. Yeah, So so Kaitlin, don't worry. There's enough for so One of the things I think about when you talk about Optimus is that there are so many functions that it can perform. What's going to be left for humans? Is there a job that humans going to have other than just living? And you know this great abundance that you're going to create what's going to happen?
Speaker 3: Well, I think there is this question of coming, Oh how you write me? If the robots can do everything? But we see lots of example where even though machines can do much better humans sool like athletic experts, or let's take up a mental school like chess, computers are so good at your phone not even connected to the internet, can beat magnus calls easily, but yet chess is that full.
Speaker 4: Time huts and popularity.
Speaker 3: So really, machines being better than something doesn't mean we drives that doing.
Speaker 1: The functions that you see these robots doing is what what are they going to do?
Speaker 2: And why is that? How are we going to have a billion of them? And we have eight billion people.
Speaker 3: Look like it's gonna take us a minute to make a billion robots. So you know, I don't love you, brace, but but I think we will.
Speaker 5: There will ultimately be billions, billions of human robots on a way to think that is, who want to not one their own postal R two D two T three p oo like pretty much goos you know three po.
Speaker 4: Even better like your personal help for buddy robot.
Speaker 3: It would be great, Uh, you could teach you teach your kids taking balk from a walk, get the groceries, you know, chat cushats, you know, protect you where need is great? And then how many robots would it be an industry providing products? So it's probably three or four to one relative to humans, which which suggests that total number of robots will be somewhere around maybe his highest forty billion.
Speaker 4: Don't forty forty billion? Maybe give you thirty billion robots. It's a lot.
Speaker 1: So the Japanese company is Kokop. Those robots that are used in manufacturing are fifty one hundred thousand, one hundred and fifty thousand. And you're describing a robot as twenty thousand dollars. We have to have a million a year to do that, with ten million a year to get to twenty thousand dollars. And is that something that's going to be affordable for people? Are they going to be rented, They're going to be purchased corporations. Are we going to get some kind of carried interest once they buy them from us?
Speaker 2: How is that going to work? Or don't we have the model yet?
Speaker 3: My rough guess is that the costs to get sold their labor materials for optimus after we reach a million units of study state production, So call it a year after reaching a million units a year because it takes a lot of effort to.
Speaker 4: Improve the cost.
Speaker 3: But at that point, I would expect the bullet the labor materials to be twenty to thirty thousand dollars in count year dollars, and that's a pretty I think that's a pretty safe estimate.
Speaker 1: When you're improving costs with cars, your idea is that everything we buy from other people to use in our cars, we know exactly how much it costs, and therefore we can tell someone how much we're going to pay for what we're buying from them, and if it doesn't, if they're making too much, then we make that stuff ourselves. Is that the same kind of idea we have in this robots where we're going to it should be much simpler to make in.
Speaker 2: A car or my rom because in a hand.
Speaker 3: That the hand is, the hand is extremely complex. There are fifty actuators in the hand in the hand and for actuators the motor, yeah, actuator is the motor Gearbucks and par electronics, So that's one hundred per robot. Really a lot of loot actuators and sensors. Approximately, there's a lot of complexity.
Speaker 1: Why is that important? Why is it important that we have such a complex hand.
Speaker 3: In order to do dexterous tasks, you have to have hand with the sensitivity, precision, and degrees of freedom of a human hand, you know. The So something that is we find easy to do, like kick up a screwdriver or ranch or even say thread a needle or play the guitar, actually require a lot of dexterity. But one of the reasons we think we can achieve sustainable abundance, which is sort of the news of the revised version of the company's goal, because it was accelerate sustainable energy, which, as you mentioned, we've we've done that.
Speaker 4: Our new all this sustainable abundance. So that's abundance for.
Speaker 3: All, and but in a way that is sustainable that does not destroy any of the national worlds.
Speaker 2: How do we decide who gets what?
Speaker 1: Somebody wants to buy my house, they can just come in and start living there.
Speaker 4: Well I'm not sure why. I mean, I do have a nice house, so.
Speaker 3: I can certainly see to see the appeal the robots will bill to make anyone else you know, as long as you don't just on it being in a particular location, you can have Robsill be able to build you a counsel. So but the reason for pandect dexterity is we won't be able to do like surgery and precision medical actions.
Speaker 4: So imagine a world where everyone has access to the best.
Speaker 3: Search literally everyone, and Optimus will have the level of precision that is frankly superhuman and will be able to do medical procedures of very sophisticated medical procedures, any medical procedure, perhaps things that really humans can't even do because they're too they're too difficult.
Speaker 4: And that will be available to anyone.
Speaker 3: People often talk about liminating poverty in providing great medical care, but they never actually have a solution, and money doesn't solve it because there are only so many it's a very limited number of great doctors and surgeons.
Speaker 4: They don't grow on trees, but now they don't get built in factories.
Speaker 1: So I sent you a year or two ago an article about a young man who was an interview in Barns and he was thirty three at the time, and he'd become a portfolio manager and he lost his legs to a It was a Paralympic performer and he lost his legs to man eating bacteria. And I said, is there anything we can do to get him out of the wheelchair? And you said yes to is in three or four years we can give him an optimus body and then we can use you know, transistors in his head, in his brain, so let him function as a normal person, dance and sing and walk and run. Have we been able to make progress in that area.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So that's a compost of bovine companies. One is being neural Link and the other being Tesla. Neural Link is also making good progress. Now has I think over ten patients with neuralink implants and these people who didn't have the ability to remove their farms or legs in some cases were completely locked in like speck step hooking. And they can now communicate and think as quickly, almost as quickly as we're communicating right now, which is very cool. And that's that's going to continue to accelerate. What we can do is a neuralink implant that is taking signals from the motor cortex brain and also receiving signals from the semato quarters. Amatter of sensory cortex and then give someone uh who's lost their legs fimis legs and so you I mean, we're really getting like the six million dollar man here, I mean from back in the day.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you watched that show, but I watched it.
Speaker 2: Watch I watched it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was pretty hmmm.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And we can actually give someone superhuman cybor capabilities like the six million dollar man, but less than six million dollars in the next day at age. I mean six million dollars back then was fourteen in these days it's leg millon. But we're much less than that. I mean, like for something that that would be reasonable and affordable, you know, it might be well like sixty thousand dollars type of thing, and you can take signals from neural laying to mind that would be transmitting to legs, and transmit those to the attached optimous robot legs and he would actually be able to run fast than a human, just like six million dollar.
Speaker 1: Man in ruralin sounds really exciting, It sounds unbelievably excited.
Speaker 2: The switch to XAI. So three years ago, you.
Speaker 1: Were here and you would either just purchased or about to purchase, you know, Twitter, which you've renamed X. And you were widely criticized for that.
Speaker 4: And yes it was right.
Speaker 1: In fact, you even mentioned here on stage that you didn't want to have anyone else be angry at you because you had enough people trying to kill you already totally. So you were buying you were buying X and it was forty two billion dollars I think, and you were in the process of raising money. And I called you up and you hadn't called me to solicit me. And I called you up and I said, I would like to invest with you one hundred million dollars in this and it was sixty million dollars for one of our funds and forty million for me. And and you said really, said yeah, You said really, And I said yeah.
Speaker 2: And you told me that you thought.
Speaker 1: I would make a double and I said, well, I hope so, but to me, it felt like you made us eight billion dollars in Tesla and be not very appropriate if I didn't support this new venture that you were doing. So we invested and then the day that we pay the money, we marked it down seventy So man, this.
Speaker 3: Is this is how I know your a true friend run because this is a you know, I do regard to you as.
Speaker 4: A as a true, true, entrusted friend.
Speaker 3: And you know, the test of friendship I got more to the storyship. The test of friendship is is who supports you when the chips are down and the tans are tough and everyone's against you.
Speaker 4: That's a real friend and that's you run.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: So so we did invest that one hundred mark down to thirty and then about a year later we started getting phone calls from edge funds who always seem to know things we're not supposed to know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, they do, right, And.
Speaker 1: They started saying, I'd like to buy your stock for what you paid for it, and I said, I think I'd rather wait to say in which I did. And then and then change the name to X and change the configuration of business. And then from that you bought Twitter and it came together in a social network along with this, and all of a sudden, we have a business that has incredible data. Did you buy this for the data that no one knew about? But their data with six hundred million people talking with each other, it's a physical.
Speaker 2: Data that no one else has.
Speaker 1: And then you started rock, which is based on our data and everyone else doesn't have that, they got digital stuff. And then when they have grock, then we need more data centers, and you're building those. And in a space of a very short time, less than months, you built a data center which is four times as large as anyone else on the planet, twenty five thousand what other people had in CPUs, and we built it in GPUs one hundred thousand more powerful. And then you know, now we're going to go to hundreds of that. But the bottom line is the investment that we made. We put up more money and we have a total of three hundred and fifty million dollars invested over the past two or three years, and now it's worth seven hundred million dollars.
Speaker 2: Everything you touch is like that. It's the most unbelievable thing I've ever seen.
Speaker 1: So so everyone's investment in technology, and we are investing in in the technology person best engineer on the planet. So thank you very much. So the vision is the question is did you buy X Did you do my Twitter? Because of the data?
Speaker 2: Is that? Did you have all this in your head before you did it?
Speaker 3: Not? Really, No, I just bought Twitter because I thought it was having a negative effect on civilization and just sort of pushing ideas that were anti civilizational. You know, it's sort of having Short captured by the far left. That's it's fair to say the radical left. I mean, they wouldn'tn't regard themselves as such, but it was captured by group of people whose vedical beliefs are those of you know, deeply San Francisco book, which is about as des get in America, that that that it wasn't a good forum for debate because they suspended many people on the right, including the president, as as a miracle is sitting president, which is really unprecedented.
Speaker 4: President.
Speaker 3: I think we need to have a public square where there's a true freedom of speech, and freedom speech is freedom of speech is the bedrock of democracy. If there's no freedom of speech, people kindot make an informed vote, and if you can't make an yourform vote, you don't have a real democracy. So that's the purpose of acquiring twitters who try to bring it more to the center. There's been no no left wing voices have been banned or anything like that or suppressed. But what you're trying to do is give equal weight to all parts of the country so that they can be a public count square where people can exchange ideas and hopefully not preserved violence.
Speaker 4: I think that's that's fundamental.
Speaker 3: To I think it's one of the It's like free speech because the bedrock democracy is. It's why it's the first Amendment. Is people came from countries where if they could be killed or imprisoned what they said. And in fact, this is happening all around the world, as even in places like Writin. So that's anyway I didn't because I felt like the civilizational risks had to be addressed. I mean, if America is not strong, then what the businesses matter. America is a central pillar that holds up a Western civilization, and if that pillar falls, everything falls.
Speaker 2: So you were one of the founders, the two founders of.
Speaker 1: CHATCHBT and you know open AI and you had a disagree and it was founded as a charity, and it was your idea that you wanted to make sure, you know, freedom of speech and all the things that you deem important for good lives on our planet were followed safety. The other founder, what he tried to do and did was accomplished, is that he got control even though it was your money, and he got control and you and he said, you know, I would like you to stay, and he said, I want to go. I don't want to be a part of this, and uh. And he offered you some ownership and you said I don't want it. And so here you walk away from an ownership of chat GBT. So you're obviously not doing all this stuff for money. I mean you are, but I mean that's not But I mean if you if you were only about money, you would have never left something that's worth five hundred billion dollars by itself. And so here you're forming this new entity Grock to accomplish what you wanted Chat GIBT to accomplish.
Speaker 2: But you think that we have an advantage.
Speaker 1: In this because of the data, because of the compute, because of what and what are you going to do with this?
Speaker 2: Ultimately?
Speaker 1: If you talk about connecting physical worlds and digital what does that mean?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, just going back to opening a for a second, the reason I found it Opening Eye was because I was concerned so of my conversations with Larry Page, used to be a close friend of mine, that he was not sufficially concerned about the dangers of AIS really came to a head when at my birthday party, he, in front of a large group of people, called me a species for favoring.
Speaker 4: Humanity over computers. I think that's problem. I was like, Larry, what side are you on?
Speaker 3: It sounds like you're on the side of the computers, but you really need to be on team humanity here.
Speaker 4: You know. After that, I was like, Okay, this is it.
Speaker 3: We've got to have some counterbalance to Google, because Larry doesn't seem to care if humans to make it or not. So I thought, what's the opposite of Google. It would be an open source nonprofit. And that's where the word open in opening eye comes from. It it means open source. And and then I provided. I provided all the money beginning like what are the series APC rounds, and recruited the key people like Elisi's guy, and put them everything out of I actually even got them to deal with Microsoft with with such actially got I got such to donate some time from Azure and for all that, I did not seek any financial reward back whatsoever. And the reason I actually took down the offer for shares is because I mean I felt like what shares and why? Like nonprofits supposed to have shares these last time I checked, not space nonprofits. They're not supposed to be big yourself in richment. So that's why I tuned down the offer of shares because it doesn't seem morally illegally defenseful with with Xai, and we are startying late with Xai, and ever only two and a half years before basically designing from behind.
Speaker 4: We al somewhat have been underdoing, but pretty good with.
Speaker 3: Technology though I don't want to put myself in back here, but I have pretty good with technology, and we are advancing bester than any other way. And I think the for technology adventures, the winner ultimately is the one that is able to move the fastest.
Speaker 1: So we're optimizing for the best technology, and we're doing something different than others, others in a digital world and we're physical through digital with move meant and visual and other people can't match that.
Speaker 2: And also we have the real time data. What does that mean? Why should we do better than everyone else? Why are we going to win?
Speaker 1: Why are we going to at least be different than everyone else? So we have a really strong business.
Speaker 4: Well for sure, I think it doesn't make a strong business.
Speaker 3: Actually, not too worried about that because even a small player that is successful in AI will be worth a lot because they will cut to result and productivity to the economy.
Speaker 4: So it's actually pretty easy to.
Speaker 3: Achieve a got pretty easy, But I mean it's not There will be many companies that are worth sustainably, some one hundred billion dollars sustainably.
Speaker 4: Then several question of like well how do we achieve the lead? That comes down to three things. Are you able to.
Speaker 3: Attract the best talent? Are you able to bring the most amount of AI hardware online? Can you can you bring GPUs online faster than anyone else? And we've already demonstrated that we can do that. Jensen Monk himself said that he was blown away by half past exciting to Stata Center.
Speaker 1: Jensen said, there's only one human on the planet who could have done that.
Speaker 2: That's you. Yes, it made us think about are you really human?
Speaker 4: I keep talking about I'm an alien, but nobody believes me.
Speaker 3: I mean when I got my green clod and said alien registration part So I mean, you know I have I grow from the government.
Speaker 4: Actually, I've got some relatively.
Speaker 3: Rare skills these days in America, getting hardware.
Speaker 4: I mean, if you look at the biggest successes.
Speaker 3: In manufacturing in America since World War Two, by far our Tesla in spaces.
Speaker 1: So so to stay Sam Grock for another minute. So the idea of connecting physical and digital is that that's different digital digital figuring out who wants to buy what we're doing something entirely different.
Speaker 2: Is that fair?
Speaker 3: I wouldn't say we're doing some up. We're doing we're doing some things that are the same some things that are different. But saying, like the elements that define success for an AA company or won the talent to the hardware, how much AI hardware can you bring to bear that that's actually a very big deal, and we've shown that we're the best at doing that at XAI.
Speaker 4: And then third, unique access to data.
Speaker 3: And for that we've got the x system formerly the Twitter system, which is by far the best source of real time data in the world. So that those are some pretty significant assets. And I think we're going to come up with some very innovative ideas. And I have more ideas in mind that I know what to do with. Frankly, I think we'll make some moves that are not on the chess board that people don't anticipate in some creative moves, and like I said, so I should point out but growk Right now, Rock heavy is still the smartest AI best of my knowledge, I recommend coming it out. Crock Foy heavy is where we sporn several agents so they work in parallel and they compare their output like a study group and give you the final conclusion. And it keeps getting better. And now we've gone training on Rock five. Rock five I think will be the smartest AI in the world, my significant margin on every metric without exception.
Speaker 4: I might be wrong, but I think that will be the case, and that will be in Q.
Speaker 3: One sometimes Grack five, yes, I and Grock five is the first time where I thought, well, we have a non zero chance of achieving artificial general intelligence.
Speaker 4: Not that it's a high chance.
Speaker 3: I can't it like ten percent, but that's what my biological neural name comes up with, which still means ninety percent chance to be don't.
Speaker 4: But I've never thought that before, and so for.
Speaker 3: The first time I think, like, well, this this really could be general intelligence at least a small chance. Rock five will really be something special and it'll be both extremely intelligent and extremely intelligence and extremely fast. So one of the things that we're doing that I think is interesting is Rocklipedia, which we're going to rename down the road to incite to be Encyclopedia galact in of Isaac Asimov and Douglas Adams. We both mentioned that, and the idea of behind the fact Galactica is to create an open source repository of all knowledge, like a distillation of whole knowledge, and an open source meaning anyone can access it, anyone can use it, and if other people want to train on it, they can do so.
Speaker 4: And then we want to create copies of this.
Speaker 3: And distribute these copies throughout Earth and even put them on the Moon and Mars and out of deep space as in a way sort of a modern day Library of Alexandria. It was the great tragedy that the Library of Alexandria wrote down what was bunt down. And in order to preserve this knowledge, I think we want to literally enter it in stone and sort of stone stone like my microplaunch, and distribute it widely. So the worst case scenario future civilization, you can see what we learned and pick things up from there.
Speaker 1: So is there a major breakthrough that you can describe that allows us to do this with grap five.
Speaker 2: Is it just speed?
Speaker 1: Is it more compute and therefore we are more and now more you know, information we can train on.
Speaker 2: What is the.
Speaker 1: Breakthrough that allows us to to have is ten percent chance for a GI Is there is there a breakthrough?
Speaker 2: Or is just speed and access to data?
Speaker 4: Act just it will be the largest models, best maneral.
Speaker 3: So this is this is a six trillion parameter model, whereas Rock three and four are based on a three trillion parameter model. More of about the six trillion parameters will have a much higher intelligence density for gigabyte than Rock fall. I think this is an important metric to think about intelligence for gigabyte and.
Speaker 4: Intelligence for trillion operations.
Speaker 3: We've learned a lot the quality of the data that we're training on with Rock five business here. It's also inherently multimodal, so it's XT, pictures, video, audio, bits. It's going to be much better at tool use and effect creating tools to be more effective at answering questions and understanding. Its vision will be extremely good. It'll have real real time, real time. But which is I think really fundamentally important thing that none of the other anis can understand real time video. I think if you can't do that, which is humans can obviously do, you're you really can't achieve a GI.
Speaker 2: Every one of these.
Speaker 3: There's some special source items that I there's some special source items that I can't talk about in the public from obviously you can't can't give away you.
Speaker 4: Know, all the secrets here just between us.
Speaker 3: But but but we have a few a few other special things that are that are in the works.
Speaker 4: For Rock five, it's really really going to feel sentient.
Speaker 1: So but there is no when we're Grock five, when you're talking about the advances, there is no limit. So when we're groped, five is better than Rock four, which is better than Rock three. But so so it keeps going. So once we get to sentient levels, we go two sentient five sent ten sentent millions.
Speaker 3: Right the sentence book grow, I mean, which really mind blowing. It's how far candasing teams to to your point, well, how far does it go? I think it goes immensely for almost incomprehensibly For that almost does go incomprehensibly far, Like we see a path to putting one hundred gigawatts per year of solo powered AI satellite into orbit and and having this would be actually the lowest cost way to power and operate.
Speaker 4: The AI at a very large scale.
Speaker 3: For reference, the United States consumes roughly four hundred and sixty gigawatts an average per year because that average powerlel the US is border.
Speaker 2: Sixty together whole country, the whole country.
Speaker 4: All electricity of all sources in the US.
Speaker 2: Yes, and you're talking about one hundred being.
Speaker 3: It well roughly of the US electricity out. We have a we have a plan mapped out to do that. It gets crazy.
Speaker 1: So so here's what a treeum planets like Earth in the world in a solar system whatever you call it, truly and in that trillion So Big Bang was fourteen billion years ago, thirteen billion years and planet are planets only four billion years old, So there must be other planets. They are like ours with all the minerals oxygen, hydrogen, silicon, carbon. So life here has been extinguished four times. And presumably you feel that other places, other civilizations, other planets.
Speaker 2: Then we'll get off of this exists and are.
Speaker 1: They planets where the beings there are part human or park carbon and park metal.
Speaker 3: Well, I think we'd like to find out. I'd like to find out. I mean, my philosophy is one of curiosity. I just want to know what's what's going on in this unit? Is the standindable? Is the standard aysics correct about the beginning of the universe?
Speaker 4: Is heat death at the end of the universe? Other other aliens organizations? Can we talk to them? And what questions should we be asking you about reality? And we don't know that.
Speaker 3: So that's my is to expand consciousness to better understand unibuse.
Speaker 1: So let's go to away from the universe, back to Tesla again.
Speaker 2: And you said that around here, back on grounds and.
Speaker 1: So you said that our expertise is in making things better, faster, cheaper than other people. And when I started investing in Testa and we started investing in Tesla, you were telling us that that it's the machine that makes, the machine that's most important, the machine that makes. So you're into machine learning, machine technology then, which is fifteen years ago. And now the average car I think it's fifteen minutes or fifty seconds, forty seconds, sixty seconds, and we're now thirty five seconds. Every thirty five seconds the car rolls off and then you say that we're going to get down to ten seconds, and you said it's a possibility we can go to five five seconds. Every car is rolling off a line. How does that happen?
Speaker 4: I certainly see a path to achieving it.
Speaker 3: Roughly five thousand millis second second time or five seconds, which is only that's only really walking speed. That's like sort of a past wall. One meter per second is a past walk. The car's less than five meters long. Five second cycle time. The cars will will be exiting the line at voking speed, so it's you can run away from them. It's not going to be like they're coming out like bullets or something. So but as a as a rougherl of thumb, that's you know, it's ten thousand minutes in a week. If you're run twenty four to seven operation and you get you know, let's say ten cars per minute, you've got one hundred thousand cars weeks.
Speaker 2: But the question is how come we're able to do this?
Speaker 1: The other people just not care or they think that, gee, if I do something, if I have this idea and we try to implement it and it doesn't work, then I'm not going to get promoted where I can get fired or I'll get blamed. And if it works, then I'm have to do a lot of extra work that I wouldn't have to do it if it didn't work.
Speaker 2: Why don't other.
Speaker 1: People have, you know, a mindset of making things better? The Chinese they've been great at copying us, and some instance has probably even done better than us after they've copied for the first time. How come do you think that other people haven't been able to make the advances we have. And even the guy from Ford has recently said, gee, this people in China wouldn't give us compliments, but he said the people and the Chinese have copied us. Those people in China are doing great, which is really compliments us because the reason they're doing great is because us.
Speaker 2: So why don't other people do this? Why doesn't he do that?
Speaker 3: Most companies are incrementalist, you know, the management team wants to do five percent maybe ten percent better than last year as opposed to big risks that could fail. And obviously I've done have a problem.
Speaker 2: With taking big risks, yeah, i'd say.
Speaker 3: And I like to use the tools of physics to Aline's thank you know, when I was in the factory one night I was looking at the factory and I was like, you know this, this could be much more efficient, It could be much faster. There's tried rough mass trying to capeculate the volumetric efficiency of the factory.
Speaker 4: So if you buy the.
Speaker 3: Factory in cubic meters and say how many cubic meters are doing something useful and surprisingly small percent, the volumetric.
Speaker 4: Density is not very good.
Speaker 3: And then the speed of the cars and the parts moving is quite slow, generally limited by the speed at which people can say attach break lights or a seat or something like that.
Speaker 4: So if you.
Speaker 3: Densify the factory and improve the bolumetric efficiency, which is helpful for performable production efficiency because things have the best distance to move, just like just like a chip, you densify circuits in a chip, you get more efficient. They think a lot of factories not like to how do you make your trip faster? Well, you bring circuits closer together, make the smaller, and you increase the clock speed.
Speaker 1: So Robin told me that you told her once, I think of myself as a bit, and if I'm a bit, how would I like to travel?
Speaker 4: I mean a bit or an asset?
Speaker 3: If it's if it's the software software, or I come on a ship, I say, what's the journey of them?
Speaker 4: What am I doing?
Speaker 3: And if this journey doesn't make sense, I need to fix that. And if the journey of the ad time in the factory doesn't make sense, and need to fix it.
Speaker 1: So when you say you're working on weekends, I spent all my sundays working on a chip.
Speaker 2: What does that mean? What do you do?
Speaker 3: It's saturdays, but sometimes Sundays actually fast recent weekends.
Speaker 4: Spend Sundays too.
Speaker 3: The a I five chip, which is going to be a great chick, you know, all of all tess the hinges on that chick. That's that's the chick that goes that we're going to our next generation of self driving cards, and it's also essential for the Optimist robot.
Speaker 4: So that chip program was in bad shape.
Speaker 3: It wasn't it wasn't closing because it's it's quite an ambitious trip to line and it really wasn't on a path to success. And they also have the job program which was doing it was also doing okay, but but not on a path to be competitive for the video. So I clapped. I collapsed the two programs into just one program is to get everyone focused on a five chip, which is essential continue to use in video for training, but we need the AI five infant chip, which is it's a very powerful ship, but it's also a very low power compt. It doesn't use a lot of power. It's performance for what is extremely good. You think, you know, it's probably going to be at least for two to three times better than in video influence for what at the inference level in the car and the robot.
Speaker 4: And you know, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Half percent of the cost of an in video chip something like that. So these are very important numbers to achieve. Had to get the ship program back on track. So that's about a time or two. And at this point I have the entire physicook signe of the chip laid out in memory.
Speaker 4: I can visionize the whole thing.
Speaker 1: So when you're talking about chip manufacturer, you say, we might have to build some kind of a giant fab. Presumably we would have a partner with TSMC or with Samsung, who wouldn't do this by ourselves, and those guys have been doing this for we would do it by ourselves. And these are things that cost twenty billion, thirty forty billion dollars and where do the people come from to do this? How can we not have partners? Is your thought? To have a partner to do it by ourselves altimately ten years, there's not gonna be enough chips in the world to accomplish what we're trying to do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, First of all, I have bes respectful KSMC and Samsung, and we've worked with both TSMC and Samsung until the end at uh SpaceX. TSMC and Samsung are great companies and we want them to make our trip as quickly as they can and scale up to as high as.
Speaker 4: Possible value that that they're comfortable doing.
Speaker 3: But the it's it doesn't appear to be fast enough. And you know, when I ask how long will it take you start to finish to get a new tube fat both they tell me by five years to get to bluing production, And like five years to me is in the community.
Speaker 4: My my timelines to.
Speaker 3: Me too, By the way, one year, two year and a year three scale it wills to finish, so I can't even see that three years. So then I'm like, damn, okay, this is this is not going to be fast enough. Now if they if they change their minds and say, yeah, they're going to go faster and they want to provide us with one hundred two hundred billion ah f C year in the timeframe that we need.
Speaker 4: That's great.
Speaker 1: How could they not when they know that we're demand and we are going to use the product in our own product, How could they not want to be our supplier? Or how could they not want to be partners with us? I don't understand what they are partners. We're using both, I mean to really expand capacity tremendously.
Speaker 2: Why don't they do that?
Speaker 3: From this standpoint, they are because you'll be using TSMC, tai Wan, t sm C gives me Taiwan TSMC, Arizona Korea song and the Texas fac song to the four faves, and you know, from this standpoint they're moving like I'm just saying that.
Speaker 4: Nonetheless, it would be a limiting factor for us.
Speaker 3: They're going as fast as they can from this standpoint, there's Middleton the matter. They're just never at someone without sets of company outsets, versions, that's the matter. It might just be that the only way to get to scale at the rate that we want to get to tail is to to build up a real and or be limited an output of optimized and self driving cars by the.
Speaker 1: Obviously you're not going to those are two choices to go to FSD. We don't have too much more time. But FSD uh full full self driving. You know, we're making these tremendous breakthroughs, it seems. And you said recently that you didn't want to expand capacity for making cars until you.
Speaker 2: Were convinced that that was the case. You are now convinced that's the case. And again here.
Speaker 1: We're making these exponential leaps in making in these cars. And you said that a very large percentage of people who have actually paid for full self driving don't use it.
Speaker 2: I've never tried it.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's pretty well. How yeah, how we do how to buy something? You want to try it type of thing.
Speaker 2: It's amazing.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So we're now kind of insisting with customers for safety we demonstrate full self drive because the numbers are uncomfortable at scale that work with Now we're more or ten billion miles driven that it's four times safer on full self driving then they're not, so it's actually a big improvement in safety. And so at this point we're just insisting that we at least demonstrate self driving to customers so they know how to use it and turn it on for safety reasons, so.
Speaker 1: It drives full self driving drives just like a person, as opposed to having the code to look for every circumstance that would happen and you had to you know, this is a fire truck in front of us with a bicycle attached to it, or someone walking his dog while he's driving along. They have to identify everything with a code. What AI does, what we do, as I understand it, is to make sure that it's just like us.
Speaker 2: The affairs.
Speaker 3: Yes, the key to achieving pulls driving unsupervised full self driving safe than the human is improving the AI software in the car. We're confident that the a hardware that's that's a trip that we designed currently made my sentence, is capable of achieving a safety level unsupervised, meaning if you're a sleep in the car at least two to three times out of the average, right, maybe more, And then with a I five we think achieve probably a tanic improvement in safety.
Speaker 4: So these are really big deals.
Speaker 3: So, I mean, I think it's like it's a very profound things that I'm saying here, and I really encourage people to go out there and try it because of self driving and see for yourself.
Speaker 4: You can just go to any Taelis. They'll show to you and it's not secret.
Speaker 1: See everyone here. You're benefiting if you try this and then buy it. But once you try it, you're going to buy it. You should try it. And so I want to close on what I mentioned this morning on CNBC was that you're not doing this so you can get enough money to buy a beach house.
Speaker 2: You're doing You're doing this even mine.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's right, but but but but you're doing.
Speaker 1: This because you know, Harry Page was right, You're you're a specious that you think humans should survive.
Speaker 4: Yes, I'm a bachelor pro human.
Speaker 1: I mean, so you're you're spending Actually, whether you're worth another trillion dollars or four hundred bigs doesn't really matter.
Speaker 2: What are you going to do with all this money at the end?
Speaker 3: What? What?
Speaker 2: What's your plan? How do you want people to think about you?
Speaker 3: You know, mostly I need to have enough of ownership with the companies to be able to continue to direct their activities. But it's from a crystal consumption standpoint, I don't actually do on any vacations, and I just sort of, you know, medium sized house and and I actually a tiny house.
Speaker 4: At stall Base.
Speaker 2: I've seen that house. It is tiny.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, but actually people my friends might have come to visit. Then they thought I was kidding. I'm like, no, it's really about of eight thousand dollars. But I've done a lot with the place.
Speaker 1: Artificial turf in front a little white pitte of fans.
Speaker 3: But like I said, with with A and robotics, there will be abindance girl though people Actually, in fact, in a benign scenario, it's gonna be interesting threshold that that AI passes and the ancrobotics pass, where it's run out of things to do for humans. Literally, it's it's completely satiated all human ones. And then I guess you'll have to start thinking about working for itself or I don't know. Overall, want to take the set of actions that expand consciousness into the future, so that the gopen Scala consciousness brokes tremendously, and that we explore other star systems like in Star Trek co places and we have gone before, and find out if there are existing alien civilizations. For maybe there's a long bit alien civilization, and we can look through their understand what they were lying, and just generally understand the universe.