Speaker 1: Minnesota Goodbye Take two. This happens once in a while, and this was actually user error. But we recorded the Minnesota Goodbye about an half an hour an hour or so ago, and then we went back to listen to it and there was in the background was the Dave's birth plane loudly and drowning out our voices.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that was my badness time. It was Jenny's fault.
Speaker 1: Don't feel bad. I've done it before myself. I mean, I remember every day before we used to record the Minnesota Goodbye, back when Fallon was on the show. She'd say, did you take the buttons out, which means you push the buttons so they're not feeding the Minnesota Goodbye? And I would get annoyed. It'd be like, yes, of course, I oh yeah, So it's seriously, we all make mistakes. It's fine, you're fired. We're bringing Jackson's going to come back to the show, and we're looking forward to it. Do you know Jackson contributed two things during his time here of significance. Number one, he came up with the name Chrisco. Chrisco was a creation of The Dave Ryan Show. He was an intern and he went to Brown College for broadcasting, and he got a job on our show as an intern. He was eighteen years old, and we realized what a character he was. And then he told the story about how he got fired at Subway because he got bored and he was throwing knives at the vegetable oil bottles that sat on a shelf and he stuck a knife in one, pulled it out and at glurg glurg, glurged vegetable oil all over at six foot party Sube. Rather than remake the party sub again, Chrisco took a bunch of paper towels and wiped off the Crisco or the oil or whatever and then had it delivered and then they said this has got oil all over it and they fired him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Chrisco, think I actually knew that story. Honestly.
Speaker 3: It's very involved.
Speaker 1: Yeah, true story. And so yeah, so Jackson came up with the name Chrisco. His real name is Adam, but Chrisco is a product of The Dave Ryan Show. And then he also Jackson came up with Booty Cruise. So Jackson got here in about two thousand or so, maybe two thousand and two, and he's got I got an idea booty cruise. What's that? Oh, man, you're gonna love this. We take a boatload of male strippers and we invite women on the boat and they get to like, you know, like party and drink and whatever. We call it booty Cruise, and I'm like, okay, we give it a shot, and it blew up. And do you know how big booty cruise became. It became the signature event of the show. Yeah, and we did it. We did probably fifty or more booty cruises. I don't know how many.
Speaker 3: We do three summer. Yeah, there were tons.
Speaker 1: And they were always so fun and they got so popular and they were so busy and so crowded. But then they turned into I don't want to say, attracting the wrong element, because well what is the wrong element? Girls that didn't know how to behave themselves? Basically, Yeah, just like trashy, trashy, drunken women who just couldn't behave themselves and started fights and would get arrested when the boat would pull up to the dock, or you know, somebody threw a bottle at a bartender one time, and it just became like, eh, it doesn't really feel as fun as it used to be. But back when it was new, oh man, it was really fun. Yeah, and I'm I guess and the strippers got older too, Oh gods turned about by the talk about the strippers they were.
Speaker 3: I'm well, so I've been on Booty crewse maybe like three or four times, and the strippers were definitely there was one hot one and then the rest were over forty five, and so it was just not that forty five as old. But when you're a stripper and you're like wrinkly, it's like, oh yikes.
Speaker 1: It was a little bit weird. But I think the problem was is, you know, they they they knew they were older, and they were really nice and they were look great for being forty five. Yeah, but there's not a lot of restrippers that they could recruit. So I remember they would bring in one or two really hot twenty five year olds and then but after a while, after a couple of drinks, the women didn't care anymore. And that was always on level number two. There were three levels.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Level one was the Gary Spivey level, and that's the psychic and he would answer questions and blah. And then level two was the stripper level, and I would literally never go in that level because I just didn't want to get involved in any of that. And then level three was like girls who just came to like drink and enjoy the scenery.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I was always up on level three.
Speaker 1: Is that your level?
Speaker 3: That's my level because that's the open air level. So there was like wind up there, which was nice.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: What do you remember about Booty Cruz, Jenny?
Speaker 2: I mean, I remember you guys. You would always usually do the inaugural strip dance for an intern back when we had interns, and then once upon a time you had me do it, and so I think that that was when we were super big on face, Facebook Live and everything. So Steve was Facebook living this really aggressive stripper giving me like all kinds of you know, it wasn't just a lap dance. He like threw me to the ground, spread my legs open, like all of this stuff. I was super uncomfortable, and Steve Face Facebook lived it, and my mom saw and she was She usually doesn't get mad about things that I do, but she was like not very happy with that. And Dave You even came on air the next day and apologized for like his actions because he like took it to a whole other level. It was not your normal like fun strip, tease, dance, whatever. But I was say that it was always fun. I loved doing Drunk Girls trivia, Like the drunk Girl Trivia was always fun. And honestly, I don't think Drunk Girl Trivia compares to any of the other events we have now from like Booty Cruise. Booty Cruise, we always got the best drunk people.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I always liked going after like the day after and going on the day brandshow dot com and looking at all the pictures because I just wanted to see, like, Okay, what are they talking about, and like going back and comparing this person to whatever story you guys were telling, and that was like, that was a pretty fun. But I do agree David did get kind of trashy near the end. So it's not a good look or like a good a good vibe to put out if you want to not put out trashy vibes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and and yeah, it kind of is like, you know, a little segment ruined it for everybody else. But a couple of stories from Booty Cruise, I remember a woman telling Fallon do shots with the do shots and Falon's like, no, I'm not doing she fallon. You can't hang, you can't hang. Later that night we have a picture of them wheeling that woman out in a wheelchair because she got so drunk. Story was, yeah, no, it's crazy. And another booty cruise story was guys used to know about booty cruise, so they would like get on the Saint Croix next to our big boat, and they would pull up and women would flash them. And because you know you're on a boat, you're not going to get arrested, the guys wanted to see boobies, and so women would stand on the rail of the boat and flash the guys in the bass boat. And there were always three or four bass boats kind of trailing along with like you know, six or seven guys and women flashing them. And then one time I remember it was like out of a movie. The guys were flashing back because I remember like, let's see it, let's see it, let's see it. So a guy pulls down his pants, shows the women the stuff around the corner like a James Bond movie. Comes a sheriff's boat, lights of flashing cyri and a goin to find the guy that had flashed the women, and I always thought, how embarrassing for this guy? Yeah, to be one minute the center of attention and then it's you know, you think getting a traffic ticket's embarrassing while people drive by. No, it was very embarrassing.
Speaker 3: I wonder why the women didn't.
Speaker 1: Know there was a fight that I tried to break up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what happened there?
Speaker 1: That's a good question. I don't know. That's a very good question. There was the ripcord Girl. Do you guys know the story of the ripcord girl?
Speaker 3: Yes, that's the tampon one.
Speaker 1: You do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've heard this one quite a few times.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, then I won't tell the story again. But basically, I was a woman who got a picture and hanging out the side of our she had her dress up or something. Then hanging out the side of her underpants was a string. Yeah, and it was all over the website and then people named her the ripcord girl.
Speaker 3: Classic.
Speaker 1: And then my other favorite, other favorite booty cruise story was when you got on the boat, you signed a release that said we can use your photos for whatever we want. You know, you're on the boat, we're going to use your photos on our website. Almost every week we would get a phone call from some panicked kindergarten teacher who there was a picture of her all up on Steve or all up on you know, somebody else and drunk with one drink in one hand and like a cigarette in the other, and they're like, will you please take that off? I don't want my parents to see it. I'm like, yeah, we're not out to air ruin anybody's life, so we would take it off. So that is my booty cruise summary.
Speaker 2: Wow, thank you, good times.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, h Recurring dreams. This is really interesting. We were talking about recurring dreams because I keep having this dream that I'm like covered in shit and it is like human poop and there's like a toilet full of it, and I'm trying to wipe it off of me with a towel that's got shit on it, and then it's in my hair and it's like, what what So recurring dreams, And here's one that I thought was really interesting. I need to call nine one one, but I can't get the numbers in the right order. I've got my phone. I'm dialing nine one nine one one nine one nine one but no matter how hard I try, I cannot get them to dial in the right order. I always wake up in a panic, and I've had the same dream. It's like you're trying to dial something and you just can't get it. She goes on to say, the person that wrote in about the puppy that is still being supported by your parents, because I remember a couple of weeks ago somebody wrote in and said parents still support me with bills and things like that here and there. But I'm doing better and I want to get a puppy. But I think my mom's going to be mad. She said, you know what's going to make your home feel like home? A fucking eight dollar house plant from home Depot. Like, girl, what hope you guys have a great rest of the week? Dart lick from Katie. Thoughts on the eight dollar house plant.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that you can't compare a puppy to a houseplant. However, I am on the side of you shouldn't have a puppy if you cannot afford to be doing everything on your own, Like if suddenly something goes wrong with your car and you can't afford to deal with that because you're taking care of a puppy, so then you have to reach out to your parents for help. I don't really think that that's fair, but that's me and I know I grew up in a household that I didn't have anyone to rely on money, so I had to do everything on my own.
Speaker 3: I wonder if you could honestly like talk to your parents about it, because because I'm in the boat where yes, like I think you should be able to afford a dog, like money wise, but also like your time and energy and all of that, you should be able to afford it. But I also see the point of view of like, this is something that will make you feel less lonely, and a plant cannot hug you back, So I like, I get kind of both sides. But I wonder if your parents would want you to have that companionship of having a dog, and if they would value that, and maybe then they'd be like, Okay, you can get a dog, but and then you know, put some stipulations on it, or maybe they have strong feelings and be like, no, you can't get a dog because we're still helping you pay for stuff. It's just kind of like what everybody's priorities are, Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 1: My sister Vivian doesn't have any money, but she wants a dog. Her dog died. She her husband is gone, and she's retired, and I think she's kind of lonely. And I love Vivian and if she wanted to get a dog, I would help her get it. And if she needed money for like, you know, vet bills or whatever, I would help her out. Donna, she's got two cats. She can't afford them, but you know the story. I've been helping her pay for vet bills. She's been better about it now. I don't know where she's getting the money for vet bills, but I was annoyed that she got two cats, but somebody talked her into taking two brother cats so they wouldn't be separated bonded pair Okay. Speaking of pets, Amanda writes in Hello fam, chiming in on Dave's pet store video and the email that followed. I saw the day you posted I was playing with a burna doodle. It's on my Instagram. I believe the video warmed my heart and made me giggle about the cuteness. I love Jenny's comments saying you should get the pup the nasty email you got today was frustrating to hear and took some joy out of the post. I've got two doodles myself. Dave actually played a ukulele song about them on Facebook Live once. Okay, I don't remember that, but that's funny. And by the way, they are real dogs. I cried when Josie died, So sorry for your loss. I've always been self conscious. And she goes on for a little bit that she feels bad that she got her dog from a breeder rather than adopting, and she's even felt bad about like she won't post anything about the dog on social media because she does want people to like rip on her for not giving the dog from adoption rather than a breeder. But people get dogs from breeders all the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, people were texting in today saying that a breeder is far more reputable than like a pet store. So the pet stores are apparently the ones that are, you know, shifty a breeder like a reputable breeder, Like, it's not a bad thing to get your dog from a breeder, because some people were texting in saying like, oh, well, I got my dog from a breeder because we needed a specific not brand, what is it?
Speaker 2: Specific breed?
Speaker 1: Breed?
Speaker 3: There you dog breeder, a specific breed and for whatever reason, xyz reason. So that's why they went in that route, because I do. I will say, like the one thing about going to like the Humane Society is that you never know what you're gonna get. And if nothing like sparks, you know, ooh I want this one, then you leave with nothing. But if you know for a fact, like oh, I want a Golden Retriever, but then there's plenty of rescues for specific breeds as well, I don't know, it's.
Speaker 1: There are, It's rocky, There's I mean, there's so many dogs out there there really are. There's just such an abundance and excess of dogs and cats that they really don't need to breed anymore. But I get it. People if they want a certain dog, you know what, it's their dog and it's your companion for fifteen years. Get the dog that you want to get, you know, yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, thank you, Amanda. Appreciate that one. Because I deleted some of these emails after we did the first Minnesota Goodbye, I'm struggling to find some of the ones that we have not.
Speaker 3: We can read grab them tomorrow too and answer some of them tomorrow, because I'm sure they're in your trash somewhere.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, let me do one more and then we will clear the way for some more tomorrow. Marie writes in she says, I'm assuming I haven't heard an announcement that there won't be a Star Party this year, which is a shame since I've never been to one. But they always look like so much fun. I hope it comes back. The reason we don't do them is because the artists got too expensive. I mean, the artists used to play almost for free because they were doing a favor for a radio station. In exchange, we would maybe play their new song. So if Maroon five came to Star Party and they had a new song, well they charges maybe ten thousand bucks, but then they would also we'd play their new song. I don't know that that's how it worked, but they just want cash now and they're very expensive. Do you guys have anything fun in the works this summer? Like Summer Cruise last year. I was bummed that I couldn't go, but it looked like a blast. Is that coming back? Or you're cooking up something else. We'll have something. I'm sure we will. Yeah, whatever you haven't, I'd love an opportunity to meet you guys. Your show has gotten me through some pretty hard and challenging times, and i'd like to meet my favorite morning show crew. Always at the State Fair. Ye, always there at the State Fair.
Speaker 3: And then you're also at the State Fair. So you're having a great time anyway period, right exactly.
Speaker 1: So when you get bored with us, yeah, you get to go get you know, go on some rides, you get some cheese, curgs or whatever. So yeah, we're always at the State Fair, usually the first Saturday, around midday into afternoon, so and then probably a couple of more times during the week just to be out there. So Marie, thank you very much. And that will wrap up the Minnesota Goodbye. Are you gonna call it booty Cruise or what are you gonna call it?
Speaker 3: Oh? I don't know yet. I usually figure that out panicking when I'm typing it up.
Speaker 1: Okay, whatever it is. Thank you for listening to the Minnesota Goodbye, and we'd love to get your email on for tomorrow. Send your email of whatever we will talk about anything, send it into Ryan's show at kdw b't on common. It's always fun to open up an email. It's like opening up a birthday present, not knowing what it is. It's like oh oh oil, like a shake, a shake, a shake up. It sounds like a rock right Ryan show at KTWB dot com. We'll see you tomorrow.