Speaker 1: Thanks for making the Ben and Skin Show a part of your daily routine. We're gonna get back into all the Maverick stuff coming up here momentarily. We got a news quickie coming up. We got the Today game. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I just make sure that my lightning was charged.
Speaker 2: Uh, okay, that's my fault.
Speaker 3: Fuck, we know that it's a movie toll.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's what I do to just make my wheelie get move in a little bit, right, a little shot collar action to free Willie.
Speaker 3: Movie talk.
Speaker 2: Okay, so the movie Talk of the Weekend, which is weird because not every weekend anymore, are you like, wait, what happened dropped at the theaters? Because once a month, are we like there's a big movie? Maybe less than that these days it's gotten kind of weird. But this is a movie that I've seen the trailer of I'm not kidding you, I think five times, because I've probably seen five movies in the last five or six months. If I've been to a movie recently, then I've seen this in the previews. The trailer for the movie Sinners, starring not one.
Speaker 3: But two Michael B.
Speaker 2: Jordan's Hey off to a good start right, also starring the wife of Bill's quarterback Josh Allen Hailey Steinfeld.
Speaker 3: I don't I know that name, but I couldn't place her. What does she do? What's your thing?
Speaker 2: She's in Sinners, okay, and she's done some other things. And I'm telling you, if you watch that and you're like, okay, this could be good. But also there's a twist where they're definitely zombies or vampires or something, but it's a you know, it's directed by Ryan Coogler, the Kug, the guy who did Black Panther. He goes by the koog and okay, And then you go to a movie again the next month and you see it again and I don't need to see this trailer again, and then I own So I've seen the trailer a bunch. Therefore, my interest in this movie was not high. And I'll be damned if all over my timeline over the weekend it was people ran and raving about your box office winner this weekend, Sinners, which collected forty eight million dollars and beat the Minecraft movie. So have y'all seen anything about it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, my timeline was exploding people talking about it. But I don't really know a ton about it.
Speaker 1: I've seen some of the buzz leading up to it, and then I saw that it was out and that people were loving it.
Speaker 3: But I don't really even know what it's about.
Speaker 1: I watch a lot of NBA basketball, and it has been promoted heavily on national NBA broadcast for months.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you know, I'm very aware of it. And also if you see Michael B. Jordan, you're like, Okay, there he is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this guy's hot, right, And then also I should say that depending on how deep you want to get on this, basically, ever since get Out came out, there has been a lot of So basically throughout time, horror movies has represented oppressed people like very famously. All throughout the thirties and forties, gay directors would horror movies in which the monster represents homosexuality because you couldn't put that in movies in the thirties and forties. So what's happened over the last Basically since get Out came out, there's been a lot of quote unquote thrillers and or horror films that have been used as a vehicle to represent the black experience in America. So when I saw these commercials. I had a very good idea kind of the path that we were going down here.
Speaker 2: So I thought I had a pretty good idea of the path through going down with this movie because in the trailer, it was one of those trailers where you're like, what else could they put in the trailer? They've showed me what happens in this movie. So Michael B. Jordan and his brother they come back. I'm not there's no spoilers here. This is all in the previews. They would show you a movie Michael B. Jordan and his brother Michael C. Is that right? I don't know. So they're coming back really town.
Speaker 3: No, there's two of them. So oh he's playing two different people. Oah, yeah, Oh.
Speaker 2: They're brothers and twin brothers. So they're coming back to their hometown and it's in Mississippi ce k vibe and we're going back to the past. I know in the trailer there's a rattlesnake and uh they one of the brothers hooks up with Hailey Steinfeld the van. But it turns out we learned that she's a zombie of some sort or a vampire. Okay, so that's that's the story. They're dealing with vampires.
Speaker 3: And that's it.
Speaker 2: Sell me. That's that's that's kind of how I would sell it based on the trailer. But you go to movie experts online such as Chris Arnold, let's go, here's what he told me about this movie on Twitter A plus. Don't leave after the credits roll, like, but don't leave until after because you stay there at some point.
Speaker 3: You don't leave after.
Speaker 2: The stay there, see how long until they don't leave until after the credits.
Speaker 3: So you're saying that Chris Arnold liked this movie so great.
Speaker 2: And everyone did. There's an outlet called Cinema Score. They gave it the first A plus movie review of a horror movie in thirty five years.
Speaker 3: Okay, now the last one.
Speaker 2: I don't know Cinema's score from my elbows or my ass, I don't know, but that seems like a pretty big thing now watching the previews, I would tell you not a horror movie. That's that's a thriller. But maybe it is. Maybe they snuck a horror element into it, and that's like you.
Speaker 3: Just told me, Old Gals a zombie or something. She turns into one or into vampire.
Speaker 2: It's hard to tell.
Speaker 3: That put you in the horror film category.
Speaker 2: They definitely lock one of the Michael will b. Jordan's in a room and he has been infected by said virus. Because his head does a little whack. He kind of a spook thing at the end. Okay, so interesting, and I think I'm gonna go see it. Run Tomatoes all above ninety five percent. Okay, snow Paddington too. But I don't pretty good.
Speaker 3: I don't get out to the theater very often. Dude, you're the kind of wait for it to get home.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you this. The other night I spent time watching teen Wolf.
Speaker 1: This is I sitting there. I watched it from the top. You saw when the guy hung dong it the whole movie. I looked forward and I never saw it. I was looking for do yes version of it, looking for dong and all the wrong please looking for nong uh.
Speaker 3: And it's a really bad movie.
Speaker 1: And I invested time in that because it was at my house, on my couch, but actually getting up and leaving and going somewhere.
Speaker 3: I need to do that more often. I would go see teen Wolf in the theater. I mean I would. Would you rather see teen Wolf.
Speaker 1: I'll put it to you like this, I'd rather get out and go see teen Wolf in the theaters than Miss Congeniality, which is coming back. Man, I told you guys, iw yes for that, but both terrible things to go do. Watching Michael J. Fox play basketball, he was literally four foot eleven Michael J. Fox or Michael B. Jordan adding another Michael there.
Speaker 3: And I think it's an easy answer.
Speaker 2: Ninety eight percent from the critics, ninety seven percent from the fans.
Speaker 3: Is it rated R?
Speaker 1: It is rated R? Are you gonna watch it? And then go read a bunch of think pieces?
Speaker 2: Probably not watch it though, yeah, yeah, the fil all right, I do want to watch it now. I'm in Oh yeah, no, absolutely, like we're probably gonna go this week.
Speaker 3: Because I don't.
Speaker 1: I'm sure the guys made other movies between this and Black Panther, but I thought Black Panther was freaking awesome. Yeah, it was one of the best movies I've seen in the last decade or so.
Speaker 2: You would like to know what else the coug has done, because Tomatoes did rank Ryan Cougler's movies, Okay, number two, Black Panther, number three, Creed, Yeah, I did.
Speaker 3: Jordan he only makes Michael B. Jordan movies.
Speaker 1: I did not have an I didn't get it. I did not have an interest in seeing Creed. I'm it may be great. I just like a lot of people loved it, but I just don't know there was a sequel to it until they released the Sylvester Sloan porn. I feel like we can't really take anything they do. The one that Shackleford watched and transribed amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, number four Fruitvale Station with oh yeah, Michael B.
Speaker 3: Jordan h fruit Veil Station.
Speaker 1: But that was before Black Panther, right, I believe so, I think thirteen, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, it's a long time ago, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: That thing is what put him on the map, and then he took over Black Panther. Yeah, and there we go. Michael Jordan's one of the greatest actors. We have one of the hottest guys we have on our good business to get into right there with.
Speaker 3: Wallace still sad. If you watch The Wire, you guys know Michael B.
Speaker 1: Jordan was shot and killed spoiler dude in like about twenty five years ago.
Speaker 3: When The Wire was on.
Speaker 2: A lot of people were thinking of turning that on. Tonight was Nicki Minaj is really hooking up with him. You saw that Award show.
Speaker 1: She was like, I'm wearing this dress made by so and so and Michael B. Jordan's gonna take it off of me tonight.
Speaker 2: I've not heard that.
Speaker 1: You guys like Nicki Minaja know the story. You guys followed this Nicki minajes news. I am not intimately involved in her work. I'm aware that she exists and puts out product.
Speaker 3: In case she does put it out yep, anything else, Kevin, that's good for now.
Speaker 1: All right, alright, coming up next, Coming up next in less than four minutes, don't go anywhere. The Today Game, then a news quickie, and then we'll get in the weekday update and back into all the math stuff. It's all coming your way in the Benin Skin Show