Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, good morning. Welcome, welcome, welcome. It's time now for our community connection right here on K one, the one you trust. All right, rev your engines. We are ready to take ignition and go with our guys from the Oldies and Goodies car Show, which is coming up in just a short bit thirty seven years to put this on. I mean thirty seventh, Annuel, I'm kidding seven Daniel, yeah, Seventhaniel, yes, thirty seventh, Annuel. Well, this is great. We got Raymond and John here with us today. And this is the weekend, isn't it.
Speaker 2: That's a correct This is weekends. Is Saturday started eight o'clock?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: Right there in downtown do we downtown do?
Speaker 1: Can't miss it. I mean, that's a beautiful downtown. You guys are doing something with that town all all the time.
Speaker 3: I think it's a great venue for car shows. It is. It's kind of an old place and it's a fun place.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's one. It's all America. That's what it looks like. We just looked. That's why they call it doing America because it looks like a good old cross batch of everything America.
Speaker 3: An old town.
Speaker 1: Yeah, indeed, with a lot of people who are interested in these vehicles that I understand you're letting two wheelers in this.
Speaker 3: Year, Yes we are. That's a new thing this year. We've never had motorcycles in our show, but this year we're going to have one trophy for motorcycles.
Speaker 1: So cool.
Speaker 3: So we'll see how many show up. But it should be fun.
Speaker 1: Now with the car is we got all kinds of different categories, don't we including some fun ones.
Speaker 2: Well, that's correct.
Speaker 1: We have a okay.
Speaker 3: Well we have our, we have our. We don't do any in depth judging. We do judge and we do have winners, but that's in the top twenty. And then we have of those of the top twenty, then we have and they all get a trophy. But then we have out of the the high five, so that's the five top cars of the show. They get a trophy, they get a little bit of money, but it's all about the fun and recognition for them, the top the top five cars. So it's but we don't have then we have most likely you know, fun things like ladies' choices, most likely to outrun the cops and you know, little things like that that we do. It's just kind of fun.
Speaker 1: Do we have real police officers voting on the wall?
Speaker 3: We have, hopefully we will. We had one issue last I guess it was last year where he was supposed to judge and there was a police event took place out on seventy five and he couldn't be there, so understood, but we still did it.
Speaker 1: That was fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Now I understand.
Speaker 1: You guys raise a lot of money of this, but it goes to charity.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: We have charities, about ten of them last year I believe, uh huh, and almost ten thousand dollars that we were able to commune donate to those charities.
Speaker 1: Wow. So we go see show, we spend some money at the show, and the money gets spent right back in the community. It's pretty good, pretty much?
Speaker 3: Yes, sure, I like that now. So so the car show for the public for U is free. The participants and people that put cars in the show, they pay a fee and that is added to the money that we that we collect to give away. And if you don't mind that, luck we have this year we have a couple of special things. We have a silent auction and there's gonna be a lot of stuff in that silent auction. The silent auction is where you walk by and look at the items that are there and you write down on the list for that item what you what you would bid, and then you can go back and check and somebody's outbid you and you outbid them. It's kind of a fun thing, and we have things donated by the community and all this money, of course goes to charity. So like for example, Acorn Storage is sponsoring a weeknight giveaway at Jewelry Box Hotel Downtown with a pizza from Hideaway, a many bouquet of flowers in your room from Honey Slours, and a box of Omega chocolate special gift from te Ton Trade Cloth and Acorn Storte Keyring Peter's Hardware and Duty is given a two ton six piece combo kit with two prolift jacks, dans An accessories, and we've got four racing wheels, aluminum mag wheels. H and H donated a basketful of books and goodies, etc. And it just goes on and we've got a lot of stuff and so people donate this stuff and then you can bid on it and whatever price it sells for and then that just adds to our ability to donate.
Speaker 1: This is really cool. It sounds like you guys tied up all the end we do.
Speaker 2: But we also have during the course of the show we give away door prizes, of course, and we collect from different merchants around town. You know, some passes to the restaurants and you know things like that.
Speaker 1: Oh great, so everybody gets a chance to kind of producing.
Speaker 3: We have a major deal also that was donated by Feguly I hope I'm pronouncing that correctly. Fagally tool sales here and he donated a blue point one hundred and fifty five piece tool set that is a seven hundred and fifty dollars value tool set. And we're doing a raffle for that. That's good and there, yes, and there'll be a table there you can get the raffle. Tickets are ten dollars each or three for twenty five dollars. The objective on this raffle is one hundred percent of the proceeds of this raffle goes to the Journey Home. Nice and now we give to the Journey Home ourselves, but this is a specified amount of money to Journey Home.
Speaker 1: This is great, and this is all this Saturday, all this Saturday, eight am. Startup.
Speaker 3: Yep, dancing in the streets, old cars music.
Speaker 1: If you want to dance, and if you don't, I could. But there might be some objections people said, what are you doing there, Tommy? You getting fit or having one?
Speaker 3: So well, it's it's you know, we have a lot of fun at car shows and we enjoy putting it all. We get more out, et cetera. But the benefit to our community as a result of this car show is has been fantastic for many years and we want to continue that legacy.
Speaker 1: Oh, I got to tell you, this is going to be a lot of fun. And here's hoping that the weather stays nice here for us. Looks like we've got an outside chance to rain late in the day. Yeah, but that'll be likely after the show is over. But we'll keep everybody apprized on it. But you know, this is always a great time for the car shows. I mean, the weather's usually spectacular and everyone's in a kind of a you know, a really cool mood because you know, the real hard summer is over there. We're at the tail end of it. This is this weekend, so it's going to be kind.
Speaker 3: Of getting nicer now oh yeah, yeah, so we would like to think also all of our sponsors. We've got a ton of sponsors this year. Let's go what's here and so, like Congo, Phillips, Trudy Credit Union, Jim Moore's Type Farm. I don't I can't name them all to take too long, but we have just so many sponsors that support us and this will be impossible without them and so, and of course we try to recognize them at the show. They're on the back of the event T shirts. By the way, if anybody would like to have an event T shirt, they'll be on sale at the show. Just come out and have a good time. It's all free. Bring the kids, let them see the old cars.
Speaker 1: And you know, it's amazing with the young people. If I can interdect this because I've got a teenager. She's got her first car and she's like, wow, this is old. I said, wait a second. We go up to do you on Saturday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, are we going to see the classics?
Speaker 1: I said, yeah, the stuff that's too pretty for me to drive. Yeah, even do pretty for the old man to drive.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well it's I love to watch the young kids walking down the street looking in the old cars and they're amazed by One of our members has a Model A that it will take out like on Friday nights and the kids come around. They love to go for rides and nothing. I mean, it's just like a carnival ride or something to them.
Speaker 1: You know, here's something nearly one hundred years old. Yeah, still runs. H my gosh, it's great. And of course, you know, just about anything that's going to be in the spectrum of a goodie as far as the vehicles, and again this year, folks, motorcycles have been included. So we ought to be seeing some pretty fancy rides there too.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, so we lucked them by. Everybody come out. It doesn't cost the time. It's a nice stroll. There'll be there'll be food on site, there'll be drinks, lots of things happening. And we want also everyone to understand that our purpose in the car show is to have a great time. And when our name is called Oldies and Goodies, we want people to bring your car out. If the car is a goodie to you, bring it out. It doesn't have to fit any particular box. We enjoy seeing anything. If it's special to you, it's special to us.
Speaker 1: That's really cool. There's gonna be a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: An, yes, sir, it is, and we certainly look forward to it. Let's say every year, our annual as it rolls around.
Speaker 1: In thirty seven years, if we're gonna be celebrating this time around, that's that's great. That's a good start.
Speaker 3: It's a good start. Oldies and Goodies is an old club, we believe. I don't know that we would stake our lives on it, but we believe it's the oldest car club in the state of Oklahoma.
Speaker 1: I don't hear anybody else making that claim, so I make you.
Speaker 2: We have a fortieth anniversary.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's amazing. That's cool, guys, thanks for being with us. We'll see on Saturday.
Speaker 3: Thank you for having us. I really appreciate it. When it comes to your children, it's choosing the right date.