Speaker 1: Uncensored, unfiltered, un hinged.
Speaker 2: It's the Corel Cast.
Speaker 1: Listen daily on your favorite streaming service.
Speaker 3: Hello, it is the Corell Cast. I am Corell.
Speaker 2: Happy Thursday, December twenty sixth on our week of Best of Us and next week as well.
Speaker 3: While I take a little R and R.
Speaker 2: Although preparing these shows was a lot of work, it would have been less work to do the shows anyway. Today we are going to go back in the nineties, and it was right before we did the show life and Segments, which I like the whole show.
Speaker 3: So they're going to see the whole show.
Speaker 2: It's only been viewed one hundred and twenty times online and once on Free Speech TV, so most of you haven't seen it.
Speaker 3: And you know the year ends right now. Next week is New Year.
Speaker 2: It'll be best of shows as well as the year ends right now. A lot of us are getting nostalgic and the nineties we're a wonderful, wonderful decade. And so we're going to talk to an icon of the nineties, Mark Summers, my friend now Mark and I just lost Woody Fraser. Woody Fraser was the creator of the Home Show. He was creator of so many other shows, including Ultimate Revenge, which is where I met Mark Summers, and I got to tell you that I miss him Woody Fraser. I miss his creativity, not you know, knowing that he's not in the world anymore. We weren't close friends, but he gave me a shot in television. He put up with me, although he dangled me out of windows and made me do all kinds of things, but he was incredible. I learned, you know, I had such a great television producer director my first time out, and then to work with Mark Summers my first time out, so incredible. So we caught up with Mark. He had a Broadway show and a movie at the time. You can still see the movie twenty sixteen is when we caught up with him. Twenty fifteen going into twenty sixteen. So what eight years ago, Well, I look different. I was still lived at Park Howard. I was not a vegan. I hope that you all had a happy Christmas. Thank you to the chatters, to the zoom you know, the zoomers from Patreon who zoomed with me on Sunday, whether they were in Boulder City, Colorado, or Temple City or Santa Cruz or Pennsylvania wherever they were.
Speaker 3: We really am.
Speaker 2: So we're so honored and glad here at the show. We me and Ember and I are so happy and glad that you guys watch and listen. As I said, I hope you had a great Christmas. So let's go back to the nineties. And in this episode a lot of dead people, meaning Daniel Charleston is in this episode, which really made me miss him, and Sammy and Sadie, Steve's dogs are in this episode, and a baby Ember is in this episode. That's why I wanted you all to see it. So much good stuff in it. I just didn't know what to edit out, so I left it all in. And it reminds me what a brilliant producer, director Brandon Riley Miller is. Enjoy Life and Segments, episode three of season four. Most of you haven't seen.
Speaker 3: It or heard it.
Speaker 2: It was my friend Mark Summers when I interviewed him, and then a nineties quiz with Daniel Charleston. Maybe you guys can take the nineties quiz and do better than I did.
Speaker 3: And so here it is. We will be back on Monday.
Speaker 2: What is that? Twenty seven twenty eight, the thirtieth we'll be back the thirtieth thirty first, first and second with best of shows, and then let's see second, third, fourth, January sixth Oh god, we'll be back with brand new shows the first Monday of January. However, as you can see, there's new stuff in these shows, and there'll be new stuff in the other shows the week of New Year's Eve. There'll be new stuff.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, So enjoy the nineties. I know I did. And here's a look at it.
Speaker 2: With Mark Summers and Daniel Charleston and me and the dogs and just a hoot and holler. Hey it's Carrell. Welcome to Carrel's Life in Segments. We love the nineties and beyond. You know, we hit the ground running here at Life in Segments. We don't film, you know, months or weeks in advance. We don't have that kind of money, honey. And last night I saw the premiere of season four on Free Speech TV, and I gotta tell you, I was like, I was blown away. So congratulations to Brandon, Riley Miller and Curtis and Steve and Daniel and everyone involved in my little madness here and thank you you guys responded by sending emails to feedback at really correll dot com of you watching the show, and I got more than one of those, and it just blew me away. You know, for this this I'm still that little scared gay kid, you know, who was once homeless and has always been running from cheap motels his whole life. And to have y'all send me photos of you watching me on television, that's a dream because it means we're getting you know, we're getting into your homes, and like with this episode, I want you to have some fun. Later, we're going to talk with my friend opera singer Daniel Charleston, chorol singer, opera singer, and about the nineties because I had a ball in the nineties. I made history in the nineties with my husband, who couldn't be my husband in the nineties, imagine that in the nineties, I had a ball. I made history at KFI Radio with my late husband, Andrew Howard. I wouldn't lose him until two thousand and one, so that the decade ended right here at Park Howard. We had our millennial party, the nineteen ninety nine to two thousand party right here, and we ended up going on the air at about twelve oh five, drunk off our butts, and it was talked about for years. Remember when Carella and Andrew went on air on New Year's Eve drunk out of their minds. I'm glad they all remember, because, honey, we didn't. It was a fun decade, almost as fun as the eighties. And I don't remember the seventies, and if you do, then you didn't do them right. So it was a fun decade. And in the nineties I met my friend Mark Summers. Uh, and you're gonna hear a lot of nice stories about Mark Summers. Mark Summers I did not know was an icon to so many until true story. I was filming a TV show with him. In fact, he called me personally and asked me to audition the week that Andrew died. A television producer calls you the week your partner dies in front of you in the er. I went up to Valencia to meet with him and Woody Fraser, the producer of the Home Show and many others TV legends. Both of them I didn't know either were legends. I sit down and I opened Variety and it's Andrew's obituary.
Speaker 4: Not making this up. I walk into the room.
Speaker 2: They call me in and Mark Summers greets me and I recognize his face, but I'm not sure from where. And he said, you don't have to be funny. I know what's going on in your life, but you are perfect for what we are about to do. And I wasn't going to let you get away just because of what's happened. And I said, thank you, because I'm not sure that I could be funny. However, we had such a great meeting that I would go on to be on a show called The Ultimate Revenge and that starred Ryan Seacrest of all people, and we would have a ball. Mark is everything that everybody says is about him. He's loyal, he's kind. More importantly, he's so funny, and he's the most supportive person in the entertainment industry that you could possibly meet. Now, underneath all that, I was going to find out a whole lot even that I didn't know. And I've been friends with him now since nineteen ninety eight or ninety nine by seeing his documentary On Your Mark. We went to the premiere and I was lucky enough to sit down with him. He came early. This is the kind of guy he is okay. His publicist was saying he didn't have time to do this, didn't have time to do that. Mark said, I will show up early to sit with you, Correll, and he did. We sat at perf Rock Pizza. I had some vegan pizza, which he made fun of, and we had a fun time on the street talking. You know, everybody on the street walked up to him because everybody feels they know him. If you were a child of the nineties, then you know doubledare you know Nickelodeon as a network, he helped establish it. Then he went on to help establish the Food Network with several shows as producer and of course star of Wrapped or unwrapped right it was unwrapped. So here is my friend, someone that I'm really happy that I can call a friend, Mark Summers. I am Carrel and I love to find myself in the most unusual places, but being next to this man is not unusual for me. Sixteen years ago I met him not wearing this jacket, but almost and it was quite an event. I had just lost my husband and he calls and says, you want to do a comedy TV show. I'm like, yeah, I'm in a great time for that. I did the TV show and what I would find out is not only is he a celebrity of great renown, and that because I'm your age and didn't watch the show at the time, well I'm only eight years behind you. But what I also find out is one of the most generous, truly generous people working in show business today. And that's why we have remained friends for sixteen plus years. And you can't really say that in this industry with a whole lot of people. He has a new movie coming out and it's about him, and it's called On Your Mark, and I had to talk to him about it because, first of all, does it make you feel old to have a documentary about yourself?
Speaker 5: You know, this was never my idea, by the way, it was put together by fans who grew up watching me on Nickelodeon, who came to me and said, you should really do this because documenting my life I thought would put people to sleep.
Speaker 6: Quite honestly, well, we live it.
Speaker 2: It's kind of hard for us to be that. You know. It's funny. I was talking about millennials earlier. I said, you know, he raised them. You're responsible. Are you happy with the are you happy with the millennials?
Speaker 6: Let me go back and correct a few things there, but overall, you know, the audience.
Speaker 5: Has been very loyal. Actually, my audience is actually early forties. And you know, when you think about it, if you were twelve years old and the show is now thirty one years old, you're forty three years old. That's so strange for me to even think about.
Speaker 2: I have so many young people in their twenties come up and hug me at events, and I'll say, what's that for. I grew up with you, My parents listened to you, or because of you, I could come out to my mother and I'm thinking, how old am I know? But you know, it's you really did make an impact. Nickelodeon didn't exist. Really, Your show and Nickelodeon sort of helped each other launch into this whole new cable sort of thing. At the time.
Speaker 5: It gave them a networking, gave me a career because at the time they had done research and kids did not have their own game show, and they were living vicariously through watching Prices Right in various other programs, and we provided that service. And talk about right Place, Right Time, five thirty in the afternoon, Mom's making dinner, saying go watch your show and then we'll eat mess, slime, prizes, money, and the goofiness that we performed on that program seemed to stick.
Speaker 2: Literally all over people. Now, let me ask you this. You know, I did not intend talk radio where I intended to be. Television now is what I intended, but it took me decades to get there. I don't want to say did you intend it? But as you was there ever a moment when you were doing Double Dare and you thought and I signed up for this?
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, because when we did the auditions, I didn't know anything about the mess or whatever. I was just trying to get a job. And then the first day I walk in the studio, They're pouring green liquids and whip cream, and I say, what is this about? And so I didn't even have any idea. And my first question then was are you sure kids are going to want to do this? That's how stupid I was. You know, of course they wanted to do it, And we took surveys with kids and they said they didn't care about the prizes and money. They just wanted to get messy. So the right place, right time had a lot to do with it.
Speaker 2: How are kids different this day? Do you see a difference? And do you think you could and I don't want to say you in general, do you think a show like Doubledare could entertain them in the same way?
Speaker 5: I don't know, because they're always walking around looking at something in their hand. And we noticed a big difference. When we started the show in eighty six. We could ask questions believe it or not about nursery rhymes or fairy tales. And about nineteen ninety we found out the kids couldn't answer those questions. Why moms were going to work and weren't spending as much time with the kids and weren't reading them as much. And so I think the intelligence level, due to circumstances beyond all our controls, may be different. And the kind of trivia that we asked back in the day, you kind of can't ask anymore.
Speaker 6: So I don't know.
Speaker 2: Do you feel what responsibility did you feel to the kids? I mean, you know what I mean. I try to consider everything I put out. You know, did you feel any responsibility to the kids and to the type of programming?
Speaker 5: You know, I've been lucky a corell In that I've been able to do family programming my entire life. You know, I never had to step over. There was a show many years ago called Studs. Do you remember Studs? Well, I should, That's what I was named for about a while. And it was a dating show. And when I wanted for the audition, they wanted me to ask the most insane questions that in a millionaires. And I literally got up in the middle of the audition and I said, I'm leaving, Carl will Shriiner.
Speaker 6: I remember that I can't do that kind of stuff.
Speaker 5: And so as far as responsibility, I just wanted moms and dads and kids to play together, and I think we accomplished that. I was always getting reprimanded by Nickelodeon because as a kid couldn't get up the Sunday slide. I was pushing him up because I really wanted him to win, and so I think the kids felt like I was never talking down to them. I never said, Bobby, do you have a girlfriend? You know, because I wanted a host a grown up show, and to me I was Bob Barker or pats A Jack or Alex Trebek.
Speaker 2: I was channeling all of your friends. Now, Oh yeah, you toy you do things like that. You go out and you'll do like Wheel of Fortune. I'm fine, how are you nice to see you? Yeah, but you do have fun on stage now doing those sorts of things I do.
Speaker 5: You know, I do prices right live from time to time. And we took family feud out for a while and stuff like that. And I still do Nickelodeon stuff around.
Speaker 2: And you were in here grilling her about her pizza oven. You know your career Part two, Part three, Part five, Part eight. You really became instrumental in food television and food programming. How did that? How do you go from kids to food?
Speaker 6: That was a mistake.
Speaker 5: I went in to pitch a show with another person and they said, well, why don't you host something? And I said, I don't know a thing about food. And apparently Food Network had done their research about me having an audience and the audience following me put me on Unwrapped. It became, Yeah, the longest running show in the history the channel.
Speaker 2: You help make Nickelodeon, You help make the Food Network. Please tell me you're rich?
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I will show you. You know, send Missnover.
Speaker 5: People always say, well, you know, you have tons of dough and it's like cable in the early days.
Speaker 6: Now, Yeah, it's true.
Speaker 5: I was getting paid five hundred bucks an episode when we started, so I was making twenty five hundred dollars a week, which by the time at that time is the most money I'd ever made my entire life.
Speaker 2: I know when they started paying us a KFI, I nearly fainted. We were making twenty one hundred a week each and I thought, oh my god, we wouldn't find out we were the lowest paid host in LA. But we thought we were rolling in the dough.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I started as an idea man on Truth or Consequences. The last year Bob Barker hosted it and they paid me three hundred dollars for two days of work. Well, once again thought I had died and gone to heaven. But I used to work the Magic Castle in nineteen seventy three for till about eighty we would do twenty eight shows a week for one hundred and forty five bucks.
Speaker 2: You and I see, I don't want to How do I say this? You and I know that it's about the work. You get there, you show up, you do what you're asked, you know, and you work until you don't work. Let me ask you now that we have the movie coming out. I don't want to say, what are your hopes for the movie? The hopes that people see it, people enjoy it, people love it, and nowadays there's so many ways for that to happen, not just here, but you know, Netflix and other areas. Is it an exciting time you're a man that isn't just in front, but you're also behind. We talk about ott apps, we talk about all this other way that people are consuming. Is there too much content now or is it an exciting time?
Speaker 5: Well, they say that there's not enough content, which is why you know, Netflix and Amazon and all these things are working. People are always craving because of the phones, because of the iPad. You know when you walk down an aisle of a plane and people are steering at all these things with different content on each one. So I mean, ultimately, I guess I don't think this is going to be a big hit in the theaters. I'm smart enough to know I can't go against Spielberg and those kind of folks. I think it's going to end up hopefully on a Netflix, in Amazon, something on cable. I mean, I would like to think that maybe you know, Nick at Night or something like that would run it because of the connection there, maybe in food Network.
Speaker 6: Who knows. We haven't gotten to that point yet.
Speaker 2: That today's your sneak peak, right, this is the first.
Speaker 5: This is the world premiere today here in Los Angeles, and from here we go to New York, then Philadelphia, Houston, Texas, Baltimore, and we close it out in Chicago and we're trying to raise some awareness and then we'll see what happens. But like you, I think if you do anything for the money, it ain't gonna work. I think you do it because you have a passion for it. And this young gentleman of Matt Clickstein who put this whole thing together, had a passion for I don't know whatever it was he saw when he was a kid of me doing and then following me along. And then the guy by the name of Joshua On who edited the whole thing. These are people I met when they were very young, and they aren't.
Speaker 2: They brilliant young people who in the industry who I wouldn't be on TV if it weren't for this thirty year old who I met when he was twelve. He was my nephew Jake. They went to school together. He used to party in my kitchen at nineteen years old with Jake. And I called him about five years ago and said, these idiots at Free Speech TV say if I can give him a show, they'll put it on, and I want to show. He said, let's go to work, and we now entered season four and he makes it all look so easy. But at the same time, this could not have been done ten years ago the way that we're doing it today. You know, I would talk to you forever because we talk a lot on the phones when we have the the when I'm lucky enough to do so, we did a show together. I want to ask you our show, our practical joke show, The Ultimate Revenge. It was fun and it didn't hurt anybody. Then all of a sudden, Reality TV, and it blazed a path in reality television with Woody Frasier and you producing and and you know, these wonderful segments, and then reality TV got mean, why do you suppose that happened?
Speaker 6: I don't know, rating wise, I suppose you know, Ryan seek Chrystal was our host. He was you know, I.
Speaker 2: Won't talk about him.
Speaker 4: I won't.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. He's not a loyal person. He's not a person.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 2: You don't have to say a word. You just camera on me. He's not a loyal person. Every award show you come up and say hi to me, I think, why are you doing it? You will not take a meeting with me? Please go away. Closet door is that way anyway. But that's why I'm Corell and your Mark Summer's beloved. And I get in the papers being a controversial person.
Speaker 6: But you got mean.
Speaker 2: If I was in charge.
Speaker 6: No, it's because people are gravitated.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: I don't understand why people watch any of those families. I'm not gonna even mention names because our friend produces some of those shows.
Speaker 2: Oh, I mean the Kardashians. Never watched an episode. I thought, why would I watch a dysfunctional family?
Speaker 5: I came from one, you know, because I guess it makes you feel better by watching that kind of stuff.
Speaker 6: And I don't like.
Speaker 2: To watch the wealthy. We have this weird thing and this is off topic, but we seem to now be watching the wealthy as we all get poorer and poorer. And I thought that's not a good pastime.
Speaker 5: No, And so I don't seem to watch a lot of reality television like that. I'm more all important. I like to talk about this ashmanta that you're wearing because it has.
Speaker 2: We're the first time we filmed together, we had to dig it out of the closet. It was something let's talk food versus kids? Which one? Which one did you have more fun at?
Speaker 5: I got, you know, it's apples and oranges. The kids is what got me to where I am. But Food Network was as surprise as well. I had no intention of working there or thinking.
Speaker 2: And blazing a trail. Now we in America we spend more time watching people cook than we do eating and cooking ourself.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's true.
Speaker 5: And you know, I think Emeral and I were the ones who sort of food nowhere. He's certainly exploded with the show he did and Unwrapped. I was doing what Fierti is doing now with Diner's Drivers and Dies. We were doing with Unwrapped back in the day. So I'm still producing for them.
Speaker 2: Are you gonna slow You got the movie, You're gonna go on tour? Are you thinking of slowing down at all? Because I don't know what that looks like or feels like to you. You just work until you can't.
Speaker 5: I'll be sixty six in a few weeks, and you know, my wife would like me to slow down.
Speaker 6: I guess when I'm seventy.
Speaker 2: A grand kid.
Speaker 6: I have a grandchild who's fantastic, beautiful.
Speaker 2: I see him on Instagram.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So you know, I just take it as it goes. Those my hell stays together, and I feel like doing it. You know, we'll keep going.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 6: When the phone stops ringing, that's the indication. YEA.
Speaker 2: Well, you've got a premiere to get to and your fans are starting to line up, so I want you to get inside.
Speaker 7: So you know.
Speaker 2: But you're always so gracious with them, and you just take so much time with them and talk to them. And I think that's why you've lasted in a business where people are disposable. I think you've lasted because people know. You know, look all the years about me. You've known this, and so is my audience. What you see is what you get. You know, there's no pretense. Hey, that's right, why you hired me. This is and he did hire me. This is the first person to actually paid me, I had to be on television. I'm not making that up. You were the first person to pay to put me on television.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's because you were.
Speaker 5: You were unique and you are unique, and I thought, you know, that's what we needed because we could put you in any situation, ask you to do anything.
Speaker 6: You always said yes whatever.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was an idiot, I was stupid. You nearly killed me several times. I had to jump out a three story window and I thought, I hope the production assistant opened the right window, you know, but out I went. Thank you for doing this and coming early for me today. I really want your movie to be a success, continued success in everything you do. I know that in whatever you do, it's gonna be genuine and honest, and that everyone that surrounds you will always have fun as well. You make working fun that stuff. I was never scared. You always made me feel welcome. You never made me feel like I had to go to that trailer over there or something. It was a wealth. There were other people, No, we didn't. I remember I was in the Homeless episode. They mistook me from one of the Homeless and wouldn't let me on the set. But thank you and success with the film for you anything at all. Mark Summers, you know him, you grew up with him. His movie is on your Mark. Go to on your Mark or just type in Mark Summer's movie online and it's coming to a city near you. And then once it's on Netflix and Nicket Night and all those places, be sure you tune in and watch it. All right, I am carell. I'm gonna go watch it now because I haven't seen it yet, so I'm gonna go see it. Thank you, Mark, I am Correl.
Speaker 4: This is Ember.
Speaker 2: That's my friend, Mark Summers. Go see his movie on your Mark, and go meet him and go hug him. And you know he's huggable. You know, when I do personal appearances, people often want to take a photo with me. I'm very blessed. I mean the fact that anyone waited, you know. I once true story. I once happened. Upon I had to go to San Jose. I was working at KGO Radio and to the San Jose Tapestry Festival. Well, I took the airplane and then I walked from the airport to this park. Bad mistake. It's over two miles. It was one hundred and four. I get there and I come down over this hill and there's this festival and there's this very long line around a building. So I'm walking by it, walking by it, figuring I'll find where I need to go for the booth. When I get about halfway up the block, I asked this person, what are you waiting in line for? And they say, oh, we're here to meet Carrel and I laughed. I went uh uh, and they said yeah, are you here to meet him? I said in a way. I said where is he? And they pointed down that way. So I get to the KGO booth and I am like astounded. There's hundreds of people waiting and the first person in line had to have been there the longest. So I asked them why, you know, why are you here? I wouldn't wait in line this long to see Barbara streisand you know, why are you here to meet me? And all they could say is because I needed a hug? And I thought, wow, you know the nineties I kind of didn't pay attention to. I'm not making that up, but I'm always with my friend Daniel Charleston, always my BFF. We go outway together, and he's actually pulling all these nineties references out and I have no fing clue what he's talking about.
Speaker 4: Much like he has.
Speaker 2: Actually he pretty much knows what I'm talking about about the seventies and eighties, but I know nothing about the nineties in a lot of ways, like boy bands and spice girls. And you know, the funny thing is, I realize everyone in this room was born in nineteen eighty seven except me a number. That's it. Everybody in this room was born in And that's disgusting. I was twenty five years old in nineteen eighty seven. Make me feel old. So we are talking the nineties mainly because my friend Mark Summers is on the show, and I was talking earlier about Mark Summers. But to you, Mark Summers is like you know, to me, he's a friend and.
Speaker 4: A co worker.
Speaker 2: But to you, I remember when Jack and heathern met him, Like I had introduced Jake and Heather to everybody up unto that point, but when they met Mark Summers, they were like, oh why what?
Speaker 8: What's like Nickelodeon, God, the Game Show God? Where else can you have like fun answering questions, a chance to win money and get covered in slime or cover of your friends and slime.
Speaker 2: You know in the new interview I did. He said some of the kids today might have trouble answering the questions.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I believe it.
Speaker 2: Oh sad state of affairs.
Speaker 4: Do you think you ninet these kids are smarter than the kids today?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well you were a kid with Clinton.
Speaker 4: Everything was great, money, spend money, have a great all we're in the money.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: How old are you when Monica Lewinsk and him hooked up?
Speaker 7: Did you guys think that that was like Tom Green era? Right? So like ninety seven?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, Tom Green had a song.
Speaker 4: All right, Britney Spears.
Speaker 2: First song was sometimes you drive Me Crazy, toxic or baby one more time.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say baby one more time.
Speaker 2: Oh and what were the choices again, Sometimes you drive Me crazy, toxic care baby one more time? You were just telling me how she's about sometimes some sort of Mickey club with Ryan Gosling and who else?
Speaker 4: Two hot guys?
Speaker 7: Maybe one more time?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's the song with what she was a Mickey Musketeer.
Speaker 8: She has a musketeer with U justin Timberlake, Ryan Gosling, all childhood actors, Oh my god, and there was so it's heavy. Baby one more time.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The tay logo with a heart is a symbol of strawberry shortcake, troll dolls, my little pony, or beanie babies, beanie babies, beany babies. I have some.
Speaker 4: They're worth nothing.
Speaker 8: Nowadays there's they're worth not had to keep them in plastic containers. Oh my god, who does that protect the the tey logo.
Speaker 4: We've kept Madonna in plastic since then.
Speaker 2: That's enough.
Speaker 7: There are thousands of grandmas that have kept a.
Speaker 2: Small, strange, little rainbow colored ball with little plastic things all sticking out of it. Was a toy called the ushi ball, the cushball, or the slushball.
Speaker 7: Slush They all start with a.
Speaker 2: Kush cushedball to me, and that's nuggeta pot.
Speaker 4: I'll say, slushball.
Speaker 2: We're wrong. Cushball, cushball, pushball. What do you remember most about the nineties, because that was growing up for you.
Speaker 7: Roller blades, POGs.
Speaker 2: POGs, you know, I know one of the inventors of POGs. Really, do you know what pog stands for?
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Passion orange guava juice in Hawaii, Hawaii, the tops of the passion orange guava juice where these car I have POGs here where the lids and the poor kids would take them and play games with them. You know so much more about the nineties than I do, and yet I was alive in it at the same time. I don't know how that happened. There's so much I don't know. You said all the boy bands were together and swapping songs.
Speaker 7: And ran any song that ensingc pass on. Backstreet boys had the option to record.
Speaker 4: There was no sex going on.
Speaker 7: There no sex.
Speaker 2: Oh, and so litt'll have to ask lads mess about that. It was the nineties, we had sex. It was before Well, no, it's during ades. Actually, go and find nineties photos if you want to, at my Instagram, because I'm gonna be posting nineties photos in conjunction with the app. Do you have any nineties photos of view it as a kid? Oh?
Speaker 4: We should post them on Instagram.
Speaker 7: They're adorable.
Speaker 2: Oh are they?
Speaker 4: Why wouldn't they be? I had big hair in the nineties. I had a bowl cut, a bowl cut.
Speaker 7: It was coming in the nineties, right, No, it.
Speaker 2: Was not a months two, not the gays, a bold sat You know what, what a fun frickin' episode. I can't believe how poorly I did on that nineties quiz. I guess I really was drunk or not paying attention or nothing.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: By the way, this is a very night.
Speaker 4: I'm wearing khakis.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm wearing khakish and this black sort of polo looking shirt with these little round click this, I am screaming ninety's right.
Speaker 4: Down to the mohawk.
Speaker 2: Also, if you go to really correl dot com my Instagram, you'll see a picture of me. It's still there when I was like six years old, and I had a mohawk at the time too. But what a fun episode. Thanks to Mark Summers for sitting down with me, for taking time. Well, you know who doesn't love the nineties. Obviously from that quiz, I was not paying as close attention as Daniel Charleston was.
Speaker 4: But you know, hey, whatever, I made it through them. That's the ball.
Speaker 2: Biggest part of any decade is that you live through it. Ask Whitney, Oh, that's the second week in a row I've made a terribly distasteful Whitney used in joke, what did she ever do to me? Go see the movie on your Mark. It's at marksummersmovie dot com Mr c Mark Summers movies, and one of the reasons he's doing it is two reasons to inspire you and to tell you can overcome things like leukemia, like OCD and like so many things. To follow your dreams and not to get in your own way. I did that a lot in the nineties, I really did. I got in my I still do, but I got in my own way a lot in the nineties, and you know, we had to learn to get out of them and let the new millennial flow. On Instagram you'll find my nineties photos. I'm gonna start posting some nineties photos and I encourage you to do the same with the hashtag life in segments, I am corelbe who you want to be?
Speaker 4: Sung didn't hurt anybody.
Speaker 2: Do you think anyone's gonna say they love the twenty seventeenth or the twenty tens. What are they gonna be called? Even the twenty odds, like twenty to twenty, what is it? The twenty see? Yeah, the end? Yeah, they're gonna yes, exactly, the end. That's what they're gonna call twenty sixteen, the beginning of the end, and then any day now the end.
Speaker 1: It's broadcasting from a completely different point of view yours. Listen daily to the corell cast on your favorite streaming service. It's broadcasting from a completely different point of view yours. Listen daily to the Correlle cast on your favorite streaming service.