Speaker 1: It's nice eyes, Dan Ray, untelling you Mazy Boston's News Radio.
Speaker 2: Before we get back to the callers, and I'm going to open up another topic. I'll take a quick comment from anyone who's on the line about Boycott's but then we're going to talk about the potential of a government shutdown about twenty four hours from now that is appearing less likely, thankfully. We'll talk about that. But for those of you in the Boston area who have expressed an interest, we're going to do a night side brunch on Saturday, excuse me, on Sunday, April twenty seventh. This will be at eleven o'clock at a great restaurant in Westwood called Nioli an e Roli. It's an Italian restaurant on Route one A in Westwood, two eighty two Washington Street. There's a great parking, easy accessible, free parking behind the restaurant, free on street parking, no meters or to worry about. Even though it is a Sunday, I have to make a reservation and say you want to sit in my section at the restaurant, Dan Ray, The Winnaker Band will be there, which is just fabulous news. They are a great band. Uh and I'm looking forward to seeing Bill Winnoker and Bo Winnaker and they have they have an incredible female singer. They have a pianist who works with them as well. And this is at eleven o'clock on Sunday, April twenty seventh. Now, if you I'm going to tell you right now, this is no joke. It is very close to a sellout. We only open this up a couple of days ago and it is close to a sellout. So if you call, you need to call. If not now tonight, the first thing in the morning. And again I'm not joking with you. They don't know what has happened, but we it's it's almost a sellout. Seven eight one three seven five two four. That's seven eight one three, seven five two five nine four. I've been asked by listeners for a couple of years, is there an event we could have where nightside listeners could go and enjoy themselves and meet other nightside listeners. Marita, the producer of the program, will be there. I will be there. I hope you'll be there. They have a great menu. Bill Winaker tells me this the food is fabulous, and I believe it is. They have a brunch menu. They also have a breakfast menu and a lunch menu, so you can order brunch or you can just order something simple for breakfast or order something simple for lunch. If this sells out, and I believe it's going to sell out in the next day, okay, So that's why you need to make reservations. Does it cost you anything to make reservations? Please don't make them if you don't intend to come, but they very well may double up on it. We may have one lunch at eleven, one brunch at eleven, and one brunch at twelve thirty. So we're trying to figure out and accommodate how many people want to go. So if you have any questions, you can call me, call Rob. We have all the information. The number is seven eight one three seven five two five nine four Niroli's Restaurant in Westwood on Route one eight. Parking behind the restaurant and on the street. It's supposedly a great It is a great restaurant from everything that I have heard, And when you make a reservation, make sure because there will be other people in the restaurant other than us. We've only been given a certain amount of space. So we will will fill that space once. We might fill it twice. But if you want to be there at eleven, you got to call. I would say no later than tomorrow seven eight, one, three, seven, five, two, five, nine four. And I'm not trying to force you to call. I want I want you to be there, but I only want you to be there if you if you want to be there. And again, all you doing is just paying for breakfast, whatever you have, breakfast, brunch or whatever. There's no admission. The entertainment is included. It's going to be great. Okay. Now, before we get back to a call or two, if they want to talk about Boycott's, that's fine. I want to talk about the potential government shutdown. This is a story you're going to see evolve in the next day or so. Some of you probably know a lot about it. Right now. The government has to raise the debt ceiling. Because we have thirty seven trillion dollars in federal debt. It gets pretty complicated. What they do is they pass a limited continuing resolution. The Republicans in the House have passed it by the thinnest of March, and there was one Democrat who voted for it and one Republican who voted against it, and I think the vote was two seventeen to two eighteen. It was razor thin, just the long party lines. Now it goes to the Senate. The President will sign it if it gets out of the Senate. The Senate has this filibuster where you need sixty votes. Even though the Republicans have fifty three and the Democrats only have forty seven, the Republicans need seven Democratic votes to break the filibuster. If the filibuster continues, then the government basically shuts down tomorrow night at midnight. That's what's going on. It's as simple as that.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: Late today, late today, it is being reported that Democrats the majority, the minority leader, Chuck Schumer of New York, has told NPR that shutting down the government would give musk Endozed carte blanche to do what he wants. However, but Schumer has said that at this point he is prepared to break the filibuster and to make sure that the government continues. Earlier today, a Democratic Senator from Texas, John Cordon, said they'll cave who accused Democrats and hypocrisy for criticizing Musks federal layoffs while potentially forcing government workers out of a job with the shutdown. Now, in the past, the Democrats have always maneuvered the governor. The Republicans, i should say, to be in the position where they would be blamed for the shutdown. Well, Schumer is now saying that while the continuing Resolution bill and continuing the government funding through September thirtieth is very bad, Schumer is now saying the potential for a shutdown has consequences for America that are much much worse. So Schumer has decided now he needs to get enough Democrats to get to seventy. So how concerned are you about a government shutdown? It's still I mean, until the votes are cast, it's still possible. So I'd like to talk about that. And is that something that you understand. Apparently there would be only some aspects of the government that would be shut down, not everything. I mean, the Army would still be there, the military, but there would be offices closed. This is separate apart from what Elon Musk is doing. And if there's a government shutdown, that's going to royal the stock market even more if there is not, that might allow the stock market to come back a little bit. So there's a lot going on. Six seven two, five, four ten thirty, six one seven, nine three one, ten thirty. I would like to talk about your concerns about this. Obviously, things are in a state of a lot of confusion as to what's going on in Washington. Let's try to sort it out. Join the conversation. Are you worried we have the stock market as a background to a potential government shut down. The House has passed the continuing Resolution, so the work is done there. The House has gone home. They have left it in the Senate to deal with. The Senate only has fifty three Republicans. To break a filibuster, they need seven Democratic votes. I'm beginning to think they will get them because of what Schumer said late today. Back on Nightside, I got some lines at six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty, and I got some lines at six one, seven, nine three, ten thirty. We'll be back more phone calls right after this on Nightside.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World Nightside Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go to the phones. We have our friend, one of our David's in San Francisco. Never show which David we're gonna get. David, you are next on Nightside. Go right ahead.
Speaker 4: Well, this has got to be the smart one. I guess you're familiar with Elon Musk trying to cut off the telephone service for the Social Security.
Speaker 2: I know that they're looking to do some things. Again, I'm not sure if it's Elon Musk specifically, but what they're trying to do I believe. Well, why did you explain it? And then I'll try to comment on it? Go ahead, Dave, Go ahead, David. I'll give you a chance. Go ahead.
Speaker 4: Well, to give the listeners a little background, it's been almost one hundred and fifty years since the telephone was invented. Watson, come here quickly. I need you.
Speaker 3: That was.
Speaker 4: Eighteen seventy six. You Dan used the telephone as a major part of your show. The telephone is hugely it is very efficient. Now Doge, the last letter E in Doge is efficiency.
Speaker 2: That's great.
Speaker 4: I would why would Doge call telephones to the Social Security Administration inefficient?
Speaker 2: At this point, David, believe it or not, I absolutely, I'm going to surprise you and tell you I agree with you. Here's the in my opinion, the problem and where we might have a disagreement. Uh, I am very frustrated, and I suspect you probably share my frustration because I oftentimes are calling some company, whether it's a newspaper, because my newspaper wasn't delivered last Monday. You've had those experiences, and most often you get someone overseas who is not fluent fluent in English. Okay, so that's what's called offshoring. You're familiar with.
Speaker 4: That, right, Okay, good's the problem? Man?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm gonna I'm gonna respond, We're gonna have David, We're gonna have a conversation, or one of us is gonna end up in the water. And I'm betting it's on you. Just listen to what I'm trying to say, because you're going to find me in more agreement with you than you realize. So I am appalled at the number of companies that do not allow us to talk to a human being. If I want to call the Boston Globe to tell them that my newspaper has not been delivered, I end up talking to someone in Tucson, Arizona, And the Globe at least has people in this country who I talk to. If I want to talk to an insurance company, I'm often dealing with someone in the Philippines. I'm dealing with people in the Dominican Republic who are wonderful people, David, But that defeats the purpose. Now, I think what I'm not going to defend Musk on this because I think it is a mistake. They are of the conclude of the belief that everybody is computer literate. Your computer literate. I'm computer literate, but on some things, I want to be able to talk to a human being. And I I think if they eliminate any telephone access, they are making a huge mistake. They If they cut down and make it a little more difficult for people to get to a person and encourage people who are computer literate to accomplish some simple tasks through a website, there might be some efficiency in that. But on a whole, on the issue as a whole, I'm in agreement with you.
Speaker 4: Well, Now, the one thing that I needed to correct you on is the Social Security does not out offshore our social security numbers to some foreign country. I didn't say they did.
Speaker 2: I didn't say that just for clarification. I said that some of the companies that I have dealt with. I deal with an insurance company, which I no longer deal with because I can't deal with them. I dealt yesterday with an electrical company that provides my electrical supply here in Massachusetts. I changed my company yesterday from one to another. And yeah, no, Social Security does not. You're correct on that, but go ahead. I stopped. I wanted to. I think you were stunned that you and I are in some centual agreement here. There would be a mistake to eliminate phone access for people who do not have computers or people who are not comfortable on computers. I can accomplish much more on a phone conversation with someone than I can by trying to email them back and forth. Go right ahead, David, Well.
Speaker 4: The bigger picture is there are plenty of people out in the middle of the out in the prairies, let's say, who don't have great Internet service, they weren't trained on computers, they don't trust computers. And now that Elon has got our social Security numbers been in the Friday night five weeks ago is when Elon Musk sneaked into the Treasury and he's had our data forever or for.
Speaker 2: You're changing the conversation on me at this point.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to if somebody wanted to get in touch with Social Security, do they want to fool with a computer or do they want to deal with somebody a human over a telephone.
Speaker 2: A lot of people want.
Speaker 4: To trap us Elon Musk wants to talk us into one computer.
Speaker 2: That I'm having what I'm trying to say to you, and I was trying to agree with you that there are a lot of people at this point who might be I don't know how old you are, but who might be younger than you and me, who prefer to deal on the computer, and some people don't like to deal on the telephone. But there are a lot of people who would prefer the telephone. And I think both options should be available. That's the point that I'm agreeing with you on. I don't I think it should be completely telephone or completely computers. I prefer to see a telephone option for people who are more comfortable on telephones and a computer option for people on anything. But I don't want someone waiting for five hours to get through on the telephone. I want to make sure that there are enough people live people who can handle the level of phone calls, because over time, I think you would agree, David, that more and more people are going to default to computers and away from telephones, which I think is that's not me.
Speaker 5: I don't probably not you.
Speaker 4: I don't agree with you because I think that once Elon Musk got our Social Security numbers, they don't Most people don't want to use the computer to interact with the Social Security because they don't trust Elon Musk and the idea that we're being trapped into using computers that he now has control of. I find that horrible, and I consider Elon Musk a trader, and for Donald Trump to keep a trader on the books.
Speaker 2: Let's let's let's impiach him. How did that work out the first few times, David.
Speaker 4: Well, he got through the it got through the House.
Speaker 2: But the coward leader he got reelected because of people like you, David. David, Donald Trump. You are the greatest gift to Donald Trump that he has people listening to you tonight. They're saying I'm gonna vote for Trump again because they think your nuts, David. That's what they think. What do you think, Elon Musk? This whole is walking around with your with your social Security number. I protect my social Security number. I gotta have some faith that the government is going to protect my social Security number. Do you think Musk is saying to Trump, let's get David in San Francisco's SO Security number. You know, they say, if they're really after you, you're not paranoid, David. I got news for you. They're not really after you. I think your.
Speaker 3: Parent, dude.
Speaker 4: They've already admitted that Elon Musk has got our social security numbers.
Speaker 2: I'm sure, I'm sure. I'm sure he's got your SO Security number, David, and I'm sure that he's now investigating you, that he's going deeply into your background. That's the only reason that Musk, in my opinion, has gotten into this situation. You know as well as I do, that the Tesla stock has plummeted in the last couple of weeks. It's gone from like four hundred to two sixty. But Elon Musk is prepared to lose billions of dollars as long as he can get David in San Francisco's Social Security number. I have no idea what he's going to do with it, but David. If I were you, I would worry. I would worry.
Speaker 4: Well, if you want to call me a fool, I would say.
Speaker 3: That I.
Speaker 2: Called you totally paranoid. Paranoid David would are you wearing your swim trunks? Rob David? I tried, I really tried. Tonight, we'll be back right after the newsnight.
Speaker 1: Side with Dan Ray. I'm WBZ Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: We will probably talk about the Karen Read trial tomorrow and night. I just heard Dan Watkins report and I'm looking here very quickly at it. It just cleared the wires here about forty minutes ago. The Boston Global article has lost her bid. Trying to see which judge it was that threw this out, I I haven't been able to read this US A veteran US District Court Judge F. Dennis Salor the fourth disagreed on both points. This quote sees no basic to clude the judge's decision to clear mistrial was incorrect her improper. I disagree with that decision. I disagree with the decisions of the State Supreme Court. Uh, and we'll talk about that tomorrow night. But again, there are plenty of legal decisions that I disagree with in this country. He says, further Sailor Road, it would be an intrusion for federal court to direct the state court to conduct avoider of former jurors and would implicate substantial concerns of federalism and comedy. That's a stretch, judge. Okay, back to the call as we go. Uh, we got a lot going on tonight, Patrick in DC. Hey, Patrick, how are you tonight?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 3: I just couldn't resist, you know, since you were talking about my hometown once again and a government shutdown. And yes, I am concerned about it. And I'll tell you why I'm concerned about it, because it adds to the misery index. Remember the misery index.
Speaker 2: Yes, oh, yes, that was what Ronald Reagan. That's what Ronald Reagan talked about life under Jimmy Carter. High inflation. Uh oh yeah, the misery index. Absolutely, go ahead, go ahead.
Speaker 3: This shows me is that the Senate thing that they like to be the Senate and they like to use their Senate speak, and they have their they could have their eyes on that Sunday talk shows, you know with the breasted chatterboxers. And if they go ahead and allow it to shut down. Now it's just going into the weekend midnight or Friday, you know, so they can, you know, get on their Sunday talk shows with the shutdown, when when they know they're going to open it back up come Monday or Tuesday. That's what concerns me that they're not.
Speaker 2: I don't worry about it. No, I'll tell you wouldn't worry about Here's why. Let me let me put your mind at ease. Believe it, believe it or not. This is the first time in many years that I can remember that there has been no congressional recess this late in the year, meaning they were sworn in in early January. They were there through the inauguration, they have been there through all the hair rings dealing with the cabinet selections. And the House went home yesterday, as I understand it, for the first time, uh since since early early January. The Senate now is left in Washington alone. The senators, they they will they all the all the bookers on the Sunday morning talk shows, the Sunday talk shows will have their pick of the litter because because there were no House members in town, they've all skidaddled. Okay, so all these Senate guys and gals can stick around. They can be on any show they want, Okay on Sunday, and I think that Schumer's comments tonight to NPR that he's going to vote UH to uh to end the filibuster. He's going to join the fifty three Republicans. Fetterman is already that will get the the requisite number of votes so that the philibuster will be broken, and that the Senate will vote tomorrow to approve the continuing Resolution that the House has already passed, and they'll have it on the President's desk tomorrow night. This is actually a win for Donald Trump because he was going to say if the government shut down, it's the Senate's fault and they did not want to take the heat.
Speaker 3: Well, I guess that my vision is at ease, but it's kind of partially right because they're going to be sticking around and write the Sunday talk shows will have the pick of the letter. Because I'll tell.
Speaker 2: You this, if I'm wrong, I expect you to call me Monday and say, Dan, you misled me. I want you to put your head on your pillow tonight in Washington or near Washington, wherever your pillow is, and I want you to sleep soundly tonight. And I hope I hope that I hope that our friend David in San Francisco. We go coast to coast, we're by coastal here. I hope that my friend is out of the water and toweling off somewhere in San Francisco right now, because that was a cool thing for me to do, to put him into the water. I was actually trying to agree with him, and he wouldn't even allow me to agree with him.
Speaker 3: Hey, give me fifty thousand watts in nine minutes, you know, Hey, I could sell a lot.
Speaker 2: I understand that. I will tell you this though. We now found out tonight through David that the whole reason Elon Musk is doing this is so he can get David so security number. I never.
Speaker 3: They call it, they call it doge right d og. And you know how the.
Speaker 2: Department of you have to have an acronym to Department of Governmental Efficiency. And by the way, the points David made tonight I agreed with, and it befuddled him that we could agree on something.
Speaker 3: You're not going to win with San Francisco, my friend. You're not going to win with San Francisco. I always says, Doge, excuse me, this might go but there is the there is the element that though the sentamon the cinnamon hygiene procedure, and I'll just leave it at that.
Speaker 2: You got to kill that one. Thank you, Patrick, God bless you say three hour fathers and two Hail Mary's and we'll talk again. Okay, thanks, thank you, have a great night. Where we're gonna go next. I got Mac in Florida. Matt, how are you tonight?
Speaker 5: Well, I'm doing great, doing great. Dan, flight's good, life's good for the working gack. You know, people have a job and pavia attaxes. It's great. It's a great time.
Speaker 2: By the way, I don't I'm not going to beat up on David here, but did you understand that I was actually trying to agree with David tonight for the first time.
Speaker 5: I can. I mean, yeah, you were trying to help them out, but I mean cans billions of dollars. He doesn't care. He doesn't need anyone's money. Like, he's not worried about your money, my money. He's genuinely trying to stop waste. Like I don't know why, man, that's so complicated for people like, I know, I haven't a lot of liberal friends back in Massachusetts, and like they're angry at this guy for like saving money. It makes no sense. It's it's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Well, it makes a lot of sense. No, it makes a lot of sense, Matt in this in my belief because a lot of these folks have kind of ridden the gravy train for years. I mean the amount of money. We're thirty seven trillion in the hole. I mean if you own thirty cent, if you owed thirty seven trillion to the bookies, you'd be sleeping with the fishes, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Oh my god. And it's it's so funny because my for for years, my friend would all he went for tough. Okay, for a year, he would make fun of me for working for corporations. He'd be like, oh, they can fire you anytime you want. The second Trump gets elected, he's freaking out. He's telling me, oh, he's gonna cut all the jobs at universities and research departments and blah blah blah. And I go, oh, well, it's good now you feel some of that threat. You know, there's a lot of people who work I mean working for universities different than working for the government, but not really, you know, I mean it is, but it isn't. And it's like, yeah, it's not. There's no such thing as as as a guarantee in life. And it's like these people finally realize, I mean, your time is up. Sorry, but that's how it works.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and again life has been good at universities, and the universities kind of messed up in the sense that and even today there's a if I can find this from from maybe I can't, uh look for there was a statement from about three hundred members of the Harvard faculty and and they're all upset about this guy being deported, uh, the guy that raised a lot of problems at Columbia who's not a US citizen. And they are jumping into the you know, into the line of fire defending this guy. And I'm thinking to myself, they've learned nothing. These very smart faculty people at Harvard. You know, there's there's this level of anti Semitism which.
Speaker 6: Just won't go away, won't go away, and they're going to try to elevate this guy to become I don't know, the next the next Abraham Lincoln.
Speaker 2: In our country or something like that.
Speaker 5: It's the amount of money they have. People don't even realize. It's like like they I mean, look at Harvard for example, they own half a cambridge. They don't they don't pay taxes. They have so many endowment they have billions and billions and endowment and it's like, how about you use some of that money, you know, divest some of it a little in like like the money's there, and Uh, it's just I mean, it's just nuts. People get just get so angry. It's like and the best part, I don't know if you realize Trump says they were saying tonight, if he cuts enough, he's his goal with this is to try to cut taxes for anyone who makes less than one hundred and fifty thousand. How have you followed up on this?
Speaker 2: Well, he's also he's also said no taxes on tips, no taxes on social security. Uh, if he's able to save some money.
Speaker 5: I can who's against and who's against getting rid of waste? It's outrageous, Like why would you be against that?
Speaker 2: Well, if you are on the gravy train, and by getting rid of waste, the gravy train was going to stop. I mean, there's I've read reports and I haven't been able to nail the reports down that there was a charity that Stay Abrams in Georgia was running which received two billion dollars from the Biden administration. That's a lot of money. I mean, you know, maybe somebody don't think that's not a lot of money. I want to know at first if it's true. There's so much stuff being thrown at us, it's difficult to figure out what is true. When Trump was talking the other night at the State of the Union or not the State of the Unity, the joint addressed to Congress, and he was talking about how all of these old people are on Social Security lists and all of that. You know, don't try to spin me that that means five thousand people over the age of one hundred and forty is still getting Social Security checks. I don't think that's the truth. I think that there was some sort of a coding error which showed the inefficiency at at Social Security and that needs to be tightened up. But so the Trump people should not. I've done stories. I've done shows that the Trump people are sometimes out over the keys, but sometimes they're right and they're reaching people like you, who are who never would have supported Donald Trump when I first got to know you. You're a Bernie Sanders guy, you know that.
Speaker 5: But yeah, I mean, I mean, he's not a bought and soul politician. And again, David, Elon Musk is a concern about you. He's got billions at all. He doesn't need your money.
Speaker 2: So I think David's concerned that Elon's gonna, you know, walk in the door somebody or something and send him to every education camp. That's that's what I think David's thinking out there. I don't know.
Speaker 5: I'm looking forward to your show tomorrow about Karen Reid. You should do all four or four hours about Karen Reid. I can't wait to listen. Thanks Jim.
Speaker 2: Well, we'll do some of it tomorrow, that's for sure. Again, she's going to go back to trial. And I think that this is I think it is outrageous. I think, and again I'm not, I have no idea what happened. I don't know. I mean, I have not.
Speaker 5: We all know what happened. But that's okay, Well I don't, I don't. I'm not dying. You gotta say that. You got to say that.
Speaker 2: But no, go to say that I'm going to tell you the truth. I don't know.
Speaker 5: Because everyone knows what happened fair enough.
Speaker 2: Well I'm then I guess you've become a sky in the world.
Speaker 5: No, you're not. You're very smart. You'll know, you'll know what happened.
Speaker 2: One la, good night. Take a quick break here. I got a couple of lines at six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty and I got one at six one, seven, nine thirty. Fill him up. Let's finish strong. Coming back on night Side.
Speaker 1: Now, back to Dan Ray live from the Window World night Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: By the way, this is the Harvard faculty group, the Harvard Faculty and Staff for Justice in Palestine. It's a diverse and inclusive organization of over three hundred Harvard faculty and staff committed to Palestinian liberation. One of Hell that means a local chapter of thetional Faculty and Staff of Justice in Palestine. The arrest of Mahoun mah Mood Khalil for his peaceful advocacy against genocide and the cancelation of federal research funding GET Columbia and other universities across the country constitutes significant blows to academic freedom and American civil liberties. Uh, this guy didn't have a lot more than peaceful advocacy. Let's go to Dot in Medford. Dot has more brains than than some of these faculty members at Harvard. Hey, Dot, how are you?
Speaker 7: Hey? All I want to know is are you gonna let us know if David washes up on Alpatrez tonight?
Speaker 2: We have people in San Francisco trying to make sure that he gets out of the water safely and gets it gets gets into a location that Elon muskant get to him.
Speaker 7: Oh what a what a piece of work he is?
Speaker 2: He was just trying to I was simply trying to agree with you. Were I frustrated him tonight on that I don't think when you you know, DoD, Let me just say this, I don't know how good you are at a computer. But if you have a question about security, right, I don't think so, and I respect that. I want to have the option of if it's a complicated story, to speak to a human person at so security, and I want you to have that as well. He wouldn't He not wanted me? Yeah, he wanted to be convinced that whatever.
Speaker 7: Unbelievable. I couldn't believe what I was listening to.
Speaker 2: One of my favorite callers I.
Speaker 7: Called about Tuma. But first I want to say how astatic I am at the finding on the Read trial today.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm going to disagree with you on that one.
Speaker 7: I know you are, I know you are, but I'm a static But I can't believe Shuma. I can't believe Schumer.
Speaker 2: Well, I think Schuman is doing the right thing. I think that Schuma has been positioned where if the Democrats don't allow a vote in the Senate, President Trump is going to say the Democrats were blocked the vote in the Senate, and that's forced to shut the government down. Right, So Schumer is doing the right thing politically.
Speaker 7: I think the right thing for Trump, but not for himself.
Speaker 2: Well, well, the alternative is, when you think about it, is if he stands and says, we will not give you the seven votes that you need to get a vote, and we're gonna We're gonna continue the filibuster. The government shut down, shuts down. President Trump can point at Schumann and say that's the guy that shut the government down. Normally it's the reverse. The Democrats appointing you. The Republicans say those are the guys that shut the government down, and the Republicans will run that play a couple of times, not to their benefit.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 7: Well, it's gonna be very interesting to see what happens with the vote Tomorrow's.
Speaker 2: Well, if Schumer says that he's going to vote along with Fetterman, uh, I think there'll be enough Democratic senators who are going to follow Schumer. But we'll see. Call me tomorrow, you know. Okay, all right, all right, thanks doc, good night, have a great night. Let me go to let me go next to I lean in a cambridge, I lean you next do nights. I welcome.
Speaker 8: Hi, Hi, Hi, I'm fine. I'm but on the possibility of government shutdown, I am I have to applaud uh Trump for going right to walk trying to clean up. Uh what's a lot of uh crazy stuff that's been going on, like social Security payments to people who've been dead for over one hundred years.
Speaker 2: Or yeah, well he's implied that, but they haven't shown me any evidence of that. And I think that that it's I think it's what they call a coding era. I'm convinced of that that people's names were not cleaned off the Social Security roles. My understanding, and I've had it confirmed a couple of ways that when someone passes away, I believe that there's an obligation on the funeral home to notify Social Security that that individual is no longer with us. So I don't think when the President in that speech to Congress was talking about, you know, thirty thousand people being listed on SO Security rolls over the one hundred the age of one hundred and twenty or whatever, he might be right. They might be on the rolls, but I think that they that they lost their birth dates or something and they put them all in having been born in eighteen seventy five or something. I think that we will find out that is this some fraud and Social Security? Yes, but nothing like the President has implied.
Speaker 8: Okay, well, I think what he's trying to do is to save us money.
Speaker 9: He's obviously.
Speaker 8: There are people who are getting paid and aren't doing any work.
Speaker 2: That's what you and I think that's I think that's true. They're trying to find out if people are they are they performing a service for the government. Let's find out. Let's give them a chance, know a lot of people have talked about it. No one has done anything about it. At least he's trying to do something about it.
Speaker 9: Well, I get it, Yeah, I got Okay, I hate to do this.
Speaker 2: I got one more call. Thank you so much for calling. I want to give one person just a minute.
Speaker 9: Here, okay, Okay, we'll up.
Speaker 2: We can talk tomorrow night during the eleven everybody gets a haul passed tomorrow night at eleven. Okay, thanks, all.
Speaker 8: Right, I'll try.
Speaker 2: Okay, I might do an open line tomorrow night. Thanks that. We talk to you later. Okay. We have seen you in the twenties. Thanks Steven Rocked and Steve, I got about a minute for you. You go right ahead. You called late, but I'll get you and go ahead, Steve.
Speaker 9: Hey, Dan, I really appreciate it. Can you hear me?
Speaker 2: Yes, I can hear your fine, I get about a minute.
Speaker 5: Go ahead, yep.
Speaker 9: I really appreciate it. Long time listener, first time Kaula.
Speaker 2: And all right, I.
Speaker 9: Appreciate what you're doing because you always tell us truth.
Speaker 4: Shoot from the hip.
Speaker 9: I love it, Dan, keep it up, and I think I think we're going in the right direction. Everyone has to have patients and uh, some of the stuff that's coming out is mind blowing. We all have to pay atention.
Speaker 2: No, it is, and I gotta tell you, I tell the truth. Is I see it. I'm not saying I'm one hundred percent wrong. I mean I am not. Look I make mistakes, but I'll give you my best, honest answer. That's all I'm trying to do. And all I want to know is we thank you, Thank you, thanks so much.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: I appreciate right back at you, Steve. Call again. I look forward to your second call. Thanks for the first time call. I really do appreciate it.
Speaker 9: Say good Dan, good.
Speaker 2: Night, have a great one. Good night. All right, We're done for the night. Rob, great job, busy night, Marita, great job. We got through it. We will talk about Karen Reie tomorrow night. I'll tell you my honest feeling on Its simple as that, and I will be on Nights Out with Dan Ray on Facebook and we'll give you the latest information on our brunch on April twenty seventh at Niroli in Westwood, Norole Restaurant. All dogs, all cats, all pets go to Heaven. That's why Pal Charlie ray Is, who passed fifteen years ago, in February. That's where all our pets who were passed. They loved you and you love them. I do believe you'll see them again, to see again tomorrow night on night's side, and we got a great show already lined up. We'll see you tomorrow night at eight o'clock. Have a great Friday one