Speaker 1: Look, I'm convinced. Now I'm gonna go home today and watch ice castles.
Speaker 2: Pieces of spot Nickers starting to fall off another keyboards.
Speaker 1: It's like mirror, I mean, Darrel, Isaac's trying to get you a new laptop and you refused.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's not this one. You know how to use this and I.
Speaker 2: Know that that music right there said that noise.
Speaker 1: That is a click it or skip it? Decide what you want to hear from from deep here, come my gossip headlines.
Speaker 4: Tell me to click or skip?
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 4: Headline Britney cart Right files for divorce from Jack's Taylor. Brittney, I'm smelling a housewife. Yeah that this is a This is going to be a skip, says.
Speaker 2: Brittany cart Right TV personality. Let's look for credits. Yeah, let's this smells like a house wife baby skip skipping.
Speaker 3: Seeming Johnny told me that a spin.
Speaker 4: Off vander Pump. This headline Tom Girardi found guilty on four counts of wire frauds.
Speaker 1: What click on it? What?
Speaker 4: Who's Tom Girardi? This is former attorney Tom Girardi, the disgraced Powerhouse attorney known for his.
Speaker 3: Marriage to He knows everything.
Speaker 1: He knows everything.
Speaker 3: Here's Tom Girard.
Speaker 1: He must be court.
Speaker 4: Tom was a former attorney who was married to the Real Housewives of Beverly Hill star Eric Real Housewives to Dude, You're old for two David. But he was the Aaron Brockovich attorney. So they're saying there's something interesting there.
Speaker 1: Here you go, Terry. You get to join skipping or clicking or skip it? Where you going? You? Oh, you gotta do the important. You got to go to the Louisville Leadership.
Speaker 4: Good Night to the Catholic People Society gay headline. Hailey Bieber makes cheeky Land Before Time reference in first post as a mom.
Speaker 1: Click on it.
Speaker 4: She's gonna do something every day now. I guess Hailey Bieber has made her first post as a mom, and it's probably already gone. Haley shared a clip from The Land Before Time featuring little Foot Sarah and Ducky hatching from their eggs on her Instagram story. Her fans are pretty sure that's a fun nod to the fact that she just had a baby. Meanwhile, Justin Bieber's wax figure at Madame Tussau's London has gotten the makeover, celebrating his new family member. They added a new accessory, a baby carrier and baby.
Speaker 3: Hey what they calls fans believers?
Speaker 1: Hi, my name is Haley and famous for him, my dad is and I married someone that's kind of famous too, So I'm famous now.
Speaker 4: Now I'm gonna post every single day.
Speaker 3: Is that what they call the fans believers? The problem?
Speaker 1: Yeah, daydream believers. Yes, the problem is.
Speaker 3: Get those shut up.
Speaker 4: Don't you have West Nile?
Speaker 1: Yes, it's West So the problem is when she posts that stuff, it probably gets that's.
Speaker 4: The problem headline. Channing Tatum is the latest a lister to hang at t Swift's Rhode Island home.
Speaker 1: Cool Taylor Swift, let's hear about the Swifties, t Swift? Who is this Taylor Swift?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Tatum was in twenty one Jumps.
Speaker 1: Yes, magic, He's a very famous actor and he's funny.
Speaker 2: He's in the new Always Dead Poison, in the new movie Blake twice.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Are we clicking on this? Of course we are because it's Taylor Swift, don't you know. Channing Tatum just the latest in a string of celebrities hanging out with Taylor Swift while she takes a much needed break from touring. The actor was seen at Taite's Rhode Island holiday home. The actor was seen on Monday spending sometime by himself snapping picks of her private beach. Other celebs seen at the Residents recently included Blake Lively, Yes Reynolds, Travis Kelcey, of course, Bradley Cooper Patrick and Brittany m Wow.
Speaker 1: Jeez wow. Can you imagine sitting around the pool with these people. Yeah, Lively turned thirty seven over the weekend. Oh boy, rich rich famous, gorgeous life sucks. Then he comes this big goofy tight end from the King. Everybody, I got large eyebrows.
Speaker 4: Oh the headline Christina Hall has ring finger tattoo removed after split from Joshua Hall.
Speaker 1: Why click on it? Why just leave it?
Speaker 2: Tom?
Speaker 4: If this yet, look at it because it doesn't say who it is?
Speaker 3: Is it with a C or K?
Speaker 1: It's a ch It's a Churristina.
Speaker 2: Christina Hall American TV personality.
Speaker 1: But it's going to skip it, you know, like a house a big idea.
Speaker 3: Let's do one thing.
Speaker 1: No, no, no.
Speaker 3: No, she's been in porn home.
Speaker 1: No she adds not a pictures bro.
Speaker 3: Wow, big fan of the seventies.
Speaker 1: Right, Skip, it just goes something else. Bad headline. I know.
Speaker 4: Francis Ford Coppola admits to kissing women on set, denies acting inappropriately.
Speaker 2: Gosh, that would be disgusting. Well even when he was young.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well click on it, because.
Speaker 3: Again he looks like Quasi Mobil.
Speaker 1: The girls are willing to kiss him at that point, but now they're forty years ago. I regret it.
Speaker 3: What what?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Months after allegations of inappropriate on st behavior, director Francis Ford Coppola is addressing the issue after he was accused of kissing and getting touchy feely with some of the female extras on the set of Megalopolis. Videos came out seeming to confirm the.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm sorry, this is recent. The guys, Megalopolis is the new movie he did.
Speaker 3: He's eighty five years old.
Speaker 2: Eighty Come on, dude, today put nude instead of network.
Speaker 1: Come on. So he's he's handsy with the extras at eighty five years old.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I remember Godzilla versus Megalopolis.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was a really good one. Networth Francis for Coppola's net worth.
Speaker 4: Two hundred million, four hundred men. Man, Yeah, he's the Godfather.
Speaker 1: No, he's like the acalypse now.
Speaker 2: But he's also like the uncle of a Nick.
Speaker 1: K or Nick Cage's his nephews. Thank you.
Speaker 3: That's the same thing, right.
Speaker 1: So eighty five years old, still making movies, and look the trailer the movie looks ridiculous.
Speaker 4: When asked by Rolling Stone about the charges, Coppolas said, you're talking about that Guardian piece, which is totally untrue. The truth of the matter is they were looking for some sort of dirt. The young women I kissed on the cheek in regards to the New Year's scene, they were young women that I know.
Speaker 1: Yep, yep, that's probably true. So eight eighty five even even hinting it.
Speaker 4: You know, remember when Jack Nicholson walked into the room and kind of came over to j Law. He's thinking he's al Studeley and she's thrilled, and they're like he sees it.
Speaker 1: He walked up to her and whispered and goes, you rememb me of somebody you know I used to date. The c like, oh my.
Speaker 2: God, grape is one is uh? When Dick Vital kissed the vagina poem lady what's her name?
Speaker 1: The what uh?
Speaker 2: The Judge.
Speaker 1: Astley Judge, Oh my gosh, what the hell you?
Speaker 2: She wrote that vagina, Paul, you can't say the V word on the radio.
Speaker 3: You can't is clinical.
Speaker 4: It's called koochie.
Speaker 2: Remember she wrote some kind of poem woohoo, just don't say the word.
Speaker 1: So it's cringey. People are like in their cars going he said, Vagina say vagina on the radio.
Speaker 4: Dude, A bunch of throw moist in there.
Speaker 1: Oh that's even worse.
Speaker 2: Let's see, Ashley Judge, remember when dig about how kissed her?
Speaker 4: Now she had some nasty political poem about the view I'm a nasty girl.
Speaker 1: I'm a nasty girl. She embarrassed herself.
Speaker 2: Hang on, I look up, I'm a nasty girl.
Speaker 1: Hey, I'm telling you. I could not go back to that time, those three or four years of the it was COVID and then the b l M. It was just like what doing Uh.
Speaker 2: There's a video of it, but I guess I don't want to play mighty the word or something headline.
Speaker 4: Miles Teller's wife, Kaylee proposes on couple's fifth anniversary, gifts him a boat. Miles Teller, that is top gun, Mavericks star. That's the actor. He I think he was Rooster in top going click on indeed rooster is that?
Speaker 1: Ye?
Speaker 4: Are you sure about that? They just celebrated their fifth anniversary and when it comes to gift giving, Kaylee went next level on her instant Monday, she posted a clip of her proposing to an obviously confused Miles on one knee. She presented him with the box with a key in it. Will you accept the key to my heart? She asked, while friends explained it to a befuddled Miles. She's proposing to you. That key would come into play momentarily as a boat blasting Kenny Loggin's danger Zone from top Gun pulled.
Speaker 1: Up to the couple. I bought you a boat, she said.
Speaker 4: She captured the post quote and early five year wedding anniversary surprise. Miles always said, it's not fair. Men don't get proposed to. So I cheesed it out and did it for him with his dream boats.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sure. I'm sure she bought the boat with his money.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like what I bought you?
Speaker 1: Could I bought you? Yes, with my money? I don't want to boats? What a dumb present? He's like, you, I bought you a.
Speaker 2: Boat I'm reading her poem right now, stomach. It doesn't rhyme either.
Speaker 3: It was twenty seventeen.
Speaker 1: Miles Teller was also in Whiplash. Remember about the drummer, the drummer with the drumming school.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, and he had that neck brace on.
Speaker 1: No, dude, put fifty cents in. No, No, no whiplash.
Speaker 3: What was whiplash about? Which drumm?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: He the teacher is insane and he would throw cymbols at him and everything if he missed one. Note. It was Academy Award.
Speaker 2: It was a two thousand five. I think that's why I didn't see it. Go oh, it's got chillinger from.
Speaker 1: Yes, correct, right, he's the teacher. He's also in Top Gun, War Dogs, Divergent, Fantastic four and others. Miles Teller.
Speaker 2: He was saying he was a spider Man. He's also done those like guy Co commercials or something, you know.
Speaker 1: He also was in the remake of Footloose that no one saw.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 1: And he has to keep working because he has a boat, because he has a boat that his wife bought him with his money.
Speaker 4: Headline Samantha hand Ratty surprises Yellow Jackets cast mates with pregnancy news.
Speaker 2: Yellow Jackets is a good thing. It's on Amazon, Is it yet? It's about a female soccer team that has a plane crash.
Speaker 4: Wow, and they to survive and they eat each other.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well in some of the what like in the Amazon or something.
Speaker 3: It's some kind of island where nobody knows where they're at.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think eventually they get rest devolve really quickly. Oh yeah, Click on it.
Speaker 4: Samantha Hanratty's pregnant. The Yellow Jacket star brought a camera along as she cleverly broke the news to her cast mates. She posted this on TikTok Monday. From handing over her positive pregnancy test to making sure all three of us were visible to the camera, hand Raddy got creative as she surprised the cast and crew. There is a video, but it's NSFW apparently. Oh and the last one headline. Patrick Mahomes Senior pleads guilty to d WI.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, that family. I think he just got out of prison too. Click on it.
Speaker 4: Former MLB pitcher Patrick Mahomes Senior, more well known today as the father of Patrick, has entered a plea of guilty to a felony d WI charge Mahomes Senior entered the plee yesterday morning, just before he was slated to go to trial in Smith County, Texas. He was arrested back in February after a routine traffic stop, during which he told police he'd been drinking prior to getting behind the wheel. He also had an open sixteen ounce can of cores in his car at the time. Mahome Senior is now facing up to ten years behind bars and to fine up to ten grand How's he going to get that money? Scheduled hearing September twenty third.
Speaker 1: His son has a five hundred million dollar contract.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It also has endorsements Out the Wazoo or the Woohoo or out the Cindy.
Speaker 3: Louis a couple of this day in History stories.
Speaker 1: Yeah we can.
Speaker 4: You want to do it? After we pick a break, Let's tell me about Barono's Pizza.
Speaker 3: First knows Pizza? Oh yeah, pizza.
Speaker 2: When's the last time you've been to your neighborhood Barono's Pizza?
Speaker 3: Describe it to me? What's it like?
Speaker 2: I go to the jay Town one and boy, they have this huge deck. You gotta go by and see it. Live music starting on Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays live music and this beautiful huge deck. Also the tap room where you can use your wristband.
Speaker 3: Go ahead and.
Speaker 2: Pour your own beer, pour your own wine, pour your own marcuritas, whatever it might be. It's on the tap wall. Try as many different beers as you like. You can sample them before you even pour a full one. Uh. I also go to many other barons Hirstborn, Lane, bowman Field. What's your neighborhood Baronos? What your favorite go to there? Mine, of course is the mom of Baronos. That's how Susan and I kick off the weekend. But recently we've been going back and getting the bake spaghetti. You're gonna love the expansive menu at your local neighborhood baron Knows. The peach of the constantly gives back to Louisville in southern Indiana. Baronos dine in and carry out or delivery. Yeah, it's that good stick around short break and then this Day in History there's Radio eight forty whas.
Speaker 1: This Day in History with the Tony and Dwight Show with tem Jenny.
Speaker 3: Let's get right to it.
Speaker 2: I know it's not brought to you by anybody Sim's Furniture. Oh, brought to you by Sim's Furniture. I knew this story and I'll tell you why at the end. In nineteen oh seven, this day, August twenty eighth, ninety, nineteen oh seven, two Seattle teenagers, teenagers Jim Casey and Claude Ryan, said we want to form a delivery company.
Speaker 3: So they did.
Speaker 2: With six friends and two bicycles, they founded.
Speaker 1: You.
Speaker 3: Yes, the American Messenger Service.
Speaker 1: Oh oh boy? Is that the ones with the bikes and they'd ride through horses.
Speaker 2: We know that today as the United Parcel Service. Yes, I knew that because I was Local eighty nine for years, and I remember they tolded on the.
Speaker 1: Remember in Amazon, was like we're thinking about buying their old planes.
Speaker 4: Ups right. It was just went the yellow one of the brown one. Think you bye with the just cash.
Speaker 2: It was today August twenty eighth, nineteen twenty two. The very first ever radio commercial was broadcast Say what ef well in nineteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Nineteen twenty two. That seems late, right.
Speaker 2: It was a broadcast on WEAF in New York City.
Speaker 4: It was for erectile dysfunction.
Speaker 3: Yes it was.
Speaker 1: It was crazy because the radio, like the one the whole story about the Titanic had the new fangled communication device called the radio.
Speaker 2: The very first commercial to air ever, it was in nineteen twenty two in New York City. It was the Queensboro Realty Company of Jackson's Heights. They bought a ten minute spot. It cost them one hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: So I did a little bit more research, and I said, what it was one hundred dollars in nineteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: What's the value now?
Speaker 2: It would be one thousand, eight hundred and seventy two dollars to twenty six cents.
Speaker 1: That's about right for a ten minute commercial.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say that'd be a good deal for right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But then I decided, what do you think? What do you suppose a car cost in nineteen twenty two? So I dug a little bit deeper and fifty dollars day, you're the closest, but you went over on prices right rules The Model T cost two hundred and fifty dollars man, and they paid one hundred dollars. It was today, nineteen sixty three, Big day. Martin Luther King gave his famous I have a dream speech in front of two hundred thousand people in the Civil Rights March in Washington, d C.
Speaker 3: Today.
Speaker 2: In nineteen eighty one, John Hinckley Junior pleaded not guilty to the assassination attempt of Ronald Reagan.
Speaker 1: Despite he's out now right, Ronald.
Speaker 3: Reagan, No, he actually passed.
Speaker 1: Now in the movie It's supposed to be really good. I gotta see this movie. He pled guilty to the assassination of Ronald Reagan despite over two hundred million people witnessed the shooting on television. Crazy.
Speaker 2: He was later tried for the crime and they threw out the insanity plea found him was not guilty.
Speaker 3: So what.
Speaker 2: He was placed at Saint Elizabeth Psychiatric Hospital in washingt d C. He remained there until September twenty sixteen.
Speaker 1: Bet that's not a pleasant place.
Speaker 3: He now lives with his mother.
Speaker 1: Well, he's been prison all his life. No one's going to give him a job.
Speaker 4: Hey, aren't you?
Speaker 1: Did your parents name him after that crazy guy? Oh? Wait, that is you.
Speaker 2: And the one manager goes, we're not hiring that's John Hinckley Junior. And the assistant manager goes, come on, give him a shot. It was today, in nineteen eighty two the very first Gay Games were held, the Gay Games, the Gay Games in San Francisco. Really yes, I wonder if they're still going.
Speaker 1: It's also today, what comedian it always yells about, it goes, why do the gays get a whole month and a parade?
Speaker 4: Lots of balls at the Gay Games.
Speaker 2: It was today, in nineteen ninety six, that the troubled fifteen year marriage of Britain's Prince Charles and Princess Diana officially ended with the issuance of a divorce.
Speaker 1: That was really hard on a cree.
Speaker 2: It very was, It really was. I bought all those Princess Diana plays.
Speaker 3: I stayed home from like these are worthless now.
Speaker 1: I stayed home from work. I was still depressed.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Kamila.
Speaker 2: The Bradford Exchange said these would be worth millions, and now they're worthless.
Speaker 1: What about the coin?
Speaker 2: It was today in nineteen eighty eight, no excuse me, nineteen ninety eight that The Titanic became the first movie in North America to earn more than six hundred million dollars. I went on to a billion.
Speaker 1: You're right, yeah, it's a long movie.
Speaker 4: It really was, and you know how it's going to end.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't tell me, I haven't seen it.
Speaker 1: You know what, after you watch it, you watch it now, you're like, just stay with the rich guy. He's not that bad. He really lost you. He's always a jerk to other people, but he's really nice to you, and he's in love with you. And he's loaded and he owns a steel company.
Speaker 2: Yes, but can he make a stupid drawing of you? Yes, in a steamy car, and he can.
Speaker 1: Go with the go with the homeless guy, the homeless artist that won the ticket in a game gaming gambling situation.
Speaker 3: Goot he snuck on or something.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, he won the tickets right before they pulled up the Haven't you seen the movie?
Speaker 2: It was our first day. It was my first day with Bonnie ex girlfriend. I show at the end of it.
Speaker 1: She was crying.
Speaker 3: My first date.
Speaker 1: It was one of a lot of women are sobbing.
Speaker 3: It was one of my first dates.
Speaker 2: The movie ends, The Titanic ends, and hearts just get on the boat and all this I feel like the water and the tears hit me. I look over it's her, Yeah, and so people walking up the aisle and I'm doing the thing where I try to pat her shoulder and say they're there, and.
Speaker 3: Now people are looking at me like I did something to her.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 1: It know, all the women were crying, the two couples in front of me. When I saw by myself on vacation, I was like, I go see Titanic went in.
Speaker 3: They saw it, but you went on purpose.
Speaker 1: I had nothing to do. I had nothing to do.
Speaker 4: Five dollars, thank you. I think I'll go to the movies, you know.
Speaker 1: By myself, the girls were blubbering, and actually I got up and moved one of the guys that on the date or whatever. The couple said, I'm sorry, dude, It's like, no big deal was this name? It doesn't even make sense. I said. It was a guy.
Speaker 3: One last one. Let's get out of here. Get the news.
Speaker 2: It was today August twenty eight, twenty eighteen, sad day for the music world Uretha Franklin. She had passed away, but today she was laid in state at the Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History in Detroit. She was in a twenty four carrot coffin. Really you go, And that's this day in history for August twenty eighth Baby SIMS furniture. SIMS furniture. That's what I'm talking about. What's your living room like? Are you are you glad when you have company over? Or do you got to do the thing where you throw the blankets over the couch, the blanket over the chair so they won't see the stains. That was me and Susan until recently we upgraded our furniture. You should too. We're talking about beautiful, high quality living room furniture, dining room furniture, bedroom furniture. And plus it's not just the most beautiful furniture you've ever seen. It's got a great price too. If they want every home to have good quality furniture and you could be prout of your home, get it today. Sam's Furniture, mattress and Appliances is all one stop shopping one M S I M. S. Dixie Highway next to the courthouse or at the old Target building on Preston Highway're gonna love your Sims furnsture. Just spend one thousand dollars or more. They're gonna throw in a free TV. Tell them we said Hi. Stick around more on the way. News Radio eight forty w h as.
Speaker 1: Walking up to the counter yesterday and the lady screamed, I was about ten feet from the They always I get that reaction too, and the lady screamed.
Speaker 3: Carriage Farida, best Buy.
Speaker 1: Hey, and I got to yell best Buy a country mile and there was four other people behind the counter. They all started liking, if you're just tuning in.
Speaker 2: I came up with that slogans just yesterday and gave it to us, and I believe Marty Books said, Hey, I like it. We're gonna run with Is that right, Marty?
Speaker 5: Now you guys are running my cotail.
Speaker 1: There's no doubt. What's up, Marty, mate?
Speaker 5: Not much, man, I got it. I got a question. Don't all chickens get their heads cut off? Yes?
Speaker 1: They actually in the in the mills, they just pull them off.
Speaker 4: Stop it.
Speaker 3: I'm going to ask you a question, Marty Brook.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, gotta put him.
Speaker 3: On the spot.
Speaker 2: Man, How'd the old man come up with that slogan best by country Mount?
Speaker 1: He explained it to us at the moat, And you have the memory of uh, I've.
Speaker 3: Got the.
Speaker 2: I have the tener span of a urinal that so never mind skip that question, Marty Book I'm sorry, all right, what I don't.
Speaker 5: Know if we said to each other or the public, But anyway, country mile is you just guess.
Speaker 1: The country mile? Yes, yeah, yeah, all right. Football is back, dude, This is your favorite time of the year. Roll with the football. Will rolling to basketball here in the next couple of weeks. But there are some good matchups coming up this weekend. And here's the here's my gripe, and you can can go on this or not. I don't think like Tennessee's playing Chattanooga, Oklahoma States playing South Dakota State, Louisville's playing Austin p I don't think let's that major. The power five guys should have to play a Power five opponent in week one, like iowas ranked twenty fifth already, and or in the preseason they play Illinois State. I just I think that they ought to play each other. Like george Is playing Clemson. That's a great matchup. I mean, Florida State played Georgia Tech out of the gates. I mean, I just Kansas is playing lynn Wood. Lynnwood.
Speaker 5: Your take, Well, here's the thing. It's kind of like a preseason game, is the way I look at I get it. You know, you don't want to start out. You know, Florida State right now is in a major bummer right now because I mean, look what happened to them last year. I don't think they belonged in last year, especially you know, after the injury, not especially because of the injury to the quarterback. But you can't come out of the gate like that whenever you get something to prove, you know. And it was just Dave. I took that. I took him ninus to ten and a half. So in very very first uh mm hmmm, set the day whoever I'm trying to think of. As soon as they got the ball, they just run it down their throat and square a touchdown.
Speaker 4: I was like, and then they got they got ultra conservative. And if you don't like DJ, you that, then don't start him. I mean he didn't trust him. It was running first down, run on second down, third and seven, third and eight the rest of.
Speaker 5: The game, right, And then what happens when that happens, they're teeing off on you. They're blitzing there, you know, they and that's what the whole game was. But it made no sense. I mean, they just changed this whole game play but anyway, so I started the season on one what's new because he got so maybe we'll pick it up this week. I like our local schools this week against the numbers. Just so, what is so?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Do you know the Louisville number.
Speaker 5: I don't have anything in front of me right now, and I'm meant to print it up before I called you guys. Yeah, so that's that's on my bad. But earlier in the week when I looked and I really, I mean, it looks to me like a Louisville a Kentucky and in the end of parlay might be a good bet this weekend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know the other way.
Speaker 1: I'm never I never trust Kentucky in the first game at home against like a Southern Miss. Like a lower team maybe, but Southern Miss is a good program, football program. They used to be great in the eighties, but the Steers are still are pretty good. So I don't trust. If it's a fourteen number, I wouldn't bet that. I would not bet Kentucky and give fourteen to Southern Miss. I would not do that.
Speaker 5: I never really paid attention to what and that's a tough call. I agree with you Uh, I never paid attention. What did the Kentucky do to get put on probation?
Speaker 1: And oh, they a bunch of their players star players worked a job that they didn't They got paid for work at a job they did not show up at. It was just an old that old trick, that old story.
Speaker 5: Yeah what uh? What does that qual proper?
Speaker 1: And I know it's so stupid.
Speaker 4: You can pay them not to work through the nil but you can't have a no show.
Speaker 1: Jo Nancy double A is so dumb. I just I can't.
Speaker 4: So the booster has to give the money to the Nile Collective and then give the players the money that way.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Did I ever tell you, guys, my Bruce Pearls at the University of Southern Indiana.
Speaker 1: Story, No, Southern Indiana, No go, I love this.
Speaker 5: That's this is where he was before he went to Green Bay. Buddy of mine, a roommate of mine, stayed there at at us I Dvidsville. He stayed there in the summer. Uh, and I come home during the summers. But anyway, there was a Coca cola plant of some kind down there, and he went and applied for a job there, and they said they weren't hired. The next week, the entire USI basketball team was working there, m.
Speaker 1: Or not working there.
Speaker 5: Right this division two, dude, Division two. So Bruce was just getting warmed up, baby he was. He hadn't got that boat out or anything yet.
Speaker 1: All right, so, uh so who's Indiana got this weekend?
Speaker 5: Getting a kid? Uh the morehead? I didn't do my homework, guys, I Marty.
Speaker 1: Marty, Marty.
Speaker 4: They play f IU.
Speaker 1: Oh that's not gonna be a walk in the park. That's if I use a good program.
Speaker 5: All those all those Florida schools, un Florida, all there, and they always didn't show up a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I don't know. Yeah, your your your take on the look. I think telling Dave asked Dave, if you want to do a separate where we just we put the music up and you're gonna call in obviously and do beat the book, but and start talking. I think this playoff. I think college football is king right now, and I think they're gonna they're gonna widen the gap between whatever the second place I guess college basketball would be the second place sport, but they're gonna widen that gap because the playoff is going to involve. I mean, they're gonna be twenty schools that are in the run there at tam right, there's gonna be twenty school fan bases that are be like, we could do this, we win the last game we're in.
Speaker 5: What took these knuckleheads so long to figure out that they have a golden yea that they and they was making a lot of money anyway. But this is gonna be fun. I mean, it really is. I'm looking forward to it because you know what's better to watch a game and decided on the field or listen to people bits because they didn't get in. Now you're still gonna have the same thing whatever it is. Is it twelve teams?
Speaker 4: Twelve?
Speaker 1: Twelve?
Speaker 5: Yes, twelve? Okay, well weever finished this thirteenth is gonna be mad. So you still got the same stuff, but it gives us so much more Injurgue and things like that. And it's gonna be dominant. It's gonna be sec dominant. It's gonna be Big ten dominant. Uh. You don't see some trickle in from the Big twelve. There's no more pack tens. Uh. You know the writings on the wall, guys, this is all its way to being the AFC and NFC. You're gonna have two divisions yea, and then they're going to divide them up into divisions and things like that. You go hopefully not lose rivalries. I think they're smart enough not to do that, but who knows.
Speaker 1: Well on the wall, Yeah, Mary, they will. I was listening this weekend driving back from Cincinnati, and they were trying to break down the playoffs. They're like, if you see how they've set up the playoff, the fifth team, the fifth place team actually will have an easier route to the national championship in the first couple of weeks before, rather than the first four like the first number one ranked team. The way they have it set up, so this is going to be all about matchups. So once you get into the playoffs, it's on because it'll be about matchups and upsets and it's gonna be awesome.
Speaker 5: Look, leave it to this to screw up something as easy as a.
Speaker 1: Twelve teeth playoffs, exactly right.
Speaker 5: I mean, they can't do anything right. Didn't you guys do anything right? Anyway?
Speaker 4: Hey, Martyr, your boys are spending money. They got CD Lamb. They just signed Dalvin Cook today. He's been down, of course, but his most successful seasons were in Minnesota when Mike Zimmer, your new DC, was the head coach there.
Speaker 5: My buddy Jared Jones. Did you hear him give him the interview about how he's just he's the GM, he makes the decisions. This is a stupid this interview from the stupidest interviewer or interview e in the history of whatever the heck it is we do. But anyway, he was just talking about how, you know, until I'm let's not get run over by a truck, I'm the GM around here, basically saying quick because somebody made an implication that Steven Jones had some sort of authority and he just he's got an ego. It's beyond belief.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I have the audio here, Marty of this weird interview here, Play up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Gloriohole Days. Gloriohole Days.
Speaker 2: That was a great Dallas cowboy fan promotion, by the way.
Speaker 5: Glory.
Speaker 4: Having Bruce Springsteen there to sing the song.
Speaker 3: There wasn't a whole lot of people in the stands that day.
Speaker 1: On one of his friends that is a broadcaster very close to him, said I'm friends with him. I know him better than anybody. They're like, if you offered him, you you you could win the super Bowl this year, but you never can do another interview with the press. He goes, he wouldn't take it. He wouldn't take that deal, right, That's who he is.
Speaker 5: Here's one I heard this yesterday. In the first twenty eight super Bowl slash championship games or whatever, in the first I think this is my correct stat the first twenty eight Dallas neither played in the championship to go to the super Bowl, or in the super Bowl or won the super Bowl. Yep. Fourteen out of forty eight times fourteen, fourteen out of twenty eight. Okay, since then that they they're over thirty oh wow, thirty Yeah, and they still you know, it still is where it is. And I guarantee you he would take the interviews over the super Bowl trophy as an idiot. Obviously, when you run off the guy that made you win the championship and made the trade to a persa walker and you run him out and everything goes to hell, and you you're bragging about how you're sell in charge. Yeah, I wouldn't tell anybody else in charge of that he.
Speaker 1: Did get good news. What Dave, what did they say that that the franchise was worth ten billion? Was it close to it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Ten billion dollars is what the team is worth. That's crazy.
Speaker 5: I wish he'd take the money.
Speaker 1: Marty Buck, Girl Books, Carriage Ford, give me a truck or car is on sale on the lot now as you go over and by one.
Speaker 5: Point nine for sixty months plus two thousand dollars off on the skate and right here, right here in Louisile. Guys, we had a huge week last week and this week we've traded for a bunch of good trade in it's too much to get into carriagefard dot com. Get on there and just go through the pre owned if you're in that market. We got ranges of prices from six thousand dollars to sixty thousand dollars. There's a little bit of everything for everybody.
Speaker 1: Marty Book, Girl Books, Carriage Ford. Go to carriage Ford dot com. You love you, buddy, see later.
Speaker 2: And we love our Southern covered hot tub at home, Susan.
Speaker 3: Now we eat ah.
Speaker 2: We use our Southern covered hot tub just about every night. You will too, because it's a vacation right there in your own backyard or wherever you put your hot tub. Think you can't afford one, Think again. Hot tubs as low as sixty five dollars a month. They have over one hundred tubs ready for immediate delivery. You can't get that anywhere else. And you want to make a little bit noise, more noise over their souss or if you want to, right, you know, make maybe bang a pot or pan while you're at it. I'm sorry, I forgot hot tubs as low as sixty five dollars a month plus twelve months same as cash, makes it easy and affordable for any family to get a hot tub. You're gonna love your cellar covered hot tubs. Seventy five oh one Preston Highway.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I'm meeting my actions Atkins Peanut butter candy.
Speaker 2: Therapy in therapy, lose right away, worry about the what is bring the we're gonna bring the drip in here, Worry about what is not about what if drip's already in there?
Speaker 3: Forty w J A. S.