Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, welcome to Pink Shade. It's Thursday, and that means we're going to talk about pop culture and Bravo. Of course, I've got an interesting guest today, Guys. I met Louis at Bravo con. So he was with Brian moylan and our good friend Mandy Slutsker. He also like Kay Casey. We have so many people in common. And when I looked him up, I was super impressed. And you know, I love to like stalk people, and I was like, oh my gosh. Louie writes for Harper's Bazaar. He's written for Rolling Stone, New York Times, Culture, New York Magazine, Hello, Slate. The list goes on and on. So I am super intrigued with Louis and I'm so glad you're here because we could talk about pop culture and my new obsession. Ladies of London, welcome London Calling.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for having me. I'm so excited to be on your podcast.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. Now we met a Bravo con and you were there writing a piece for who.
Speaker 3: So I was writing two pieces. I was following, well, not following. That sounds a little bit stalkery. I was shadowing which actually doesn't sound much less stock great Rachel Zoe.
Speaker 2: For the day.
Speaker 3: So I was basically like riding around in a golf buggy with her and as she reintroduced herself to the Bravo world. This was about a couple of weeks before the Beverly Hills current season premier, so we obviously got a sneak peek of the first fifteen minutes so BRAVACN. So yeah, it was basically like the reintroduction of Rachel Zoe.
Speaker 2: So that was for the.
Speaker 3: Cut and that was amazing, and she was exactly as she is on the show, and you know, just speaking in confessional speak constantly. And then the other piece, which was from Russell So as you as you know someone who's been to BRAVACN, BRAVACN is like the center of merch. You know, all the fans have their own march, Bravo's got its own march, Every reality starts their own march. There's like a huge market on full display. So I was speaking to fans and speaking to some of the people at the stalls and things like that.
Speaker 1: Incredible, incredible. I we met Rachel Zoe and BRAVOCN Ingrid and I. We were in the vip room, and in the vip room every so often they'll just bring in somebody and you don't know who it's going to be, and it's the luck of the draw. And rachel Zoe came in and stood and we went and got in line. Normally, we would just sort of look afar and be like, oh wow, there's Sierra from Summer House, or you know, there's brooks Marks. But with rachel Zoe, we were like, oh no, we need We're gonna have to get a picture with her. And we were the last of the line and the lady was about to cut us off and we're like, come on, so she let us get the picture. We were, we were on it. We were so fast like selfie, gotta go, so excited. Rachel Zo looked like to us, like stunned, like Brava Gane had had broken her. She was like, what is this?
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I spoke to her about this very thing because the last time, as you know, she was on Bravo, it was pre Instagram. You know, there wasn't the sort of evolved social media fandom which you know, you and I are are sort of a part of that. Wasn't that web of creators, and there certainly wasn't a Bravo Khan. I mean, I think I think in twenty ten, that was maybe the year Beverly Hills had its first season, and that was I think when her show maybe ended. I'm not I'm not quite sure of the exact dates, but she was on very early. I mean I spoke to Andy about her and he was which was side note, we'll talk about that in a second, but he said to me that he started producing her show before he even did his US Real Housewives reunion, So she kind of really predates housewives in a lot of ways.
Speaker 2: So she's very school.
Speaker 3: And also, don't you think those Beverly Hills women like there's a kind of just a I don't even know how to describe it. The Beverly Hills to me, are like the prestige, Like there's a certain status that comes with being a Beverly Hills housewife that I think makes everyone kind of just go oh wow, like they're seeing I don't know, I don't know, just like a list stars in the house.
Speaker 1: Yes, world, Yes. And it's interesting that you said that because I just read an article that you did for Betches about millennial housewives on Bravo and you used Amanda as an example, and I want to talk about that because you just saying that about Beverly Hills reminded me of that article. And we have these housewives that we love that we've you know that many of them are you know, close to my age, and they've lived lives they're interesting. And then you get these young women on It's not that they haven't lived lives that aren't interesting, because everybody can be interesting at any age. But you take somebody like Amanda who gets in there and is like, you hurt my feelings when you said I was a whimp, and you're like, you're gonna have to tough it up. You know, y'all, there's so much noise around weight loss right now. There's trends, opinions, medications. It's hard to know what's actually right for you. And you know, reaching your weight loss goals doesn't mean completely changing the way you live your life. What if you could make healthy progress with the treatment plan that included medication, access to twenty four to seven support, nutrition tips, and tools for tracking movement, hydration, and sleep, all personalized to go at your pace, that's weight Loss by Hers. Through HERS, you're connected with a medical provider who determines if treatment is right for you. If prescribed, your treatment plan is personalized to support you in reaching your goals. Hers goes beyond medication by offering access to ongoing care, dosage and medication adjustments as needed, lifestyle and nutrition tips, and access to twenty four to seven support. They even offer the convenience of one hundred percent online care with licensed providers on the other side who learn your story and create a personalized plan to deliver healthy progress that you can maintain, So no more yo yoing, just steady results. Turn to Hers for comprehensive personalized healthcare you can count on from weight loss support to growing thicker hair, easing anxiety to navigating menopause symptoms. Even accessing convenient lab testing. Hers has you covered. Feel like your best self again. Visit for Hers dot com slash pink shade to get a personalized, affordable plan that gets you. That's f O R H E r S dot com slash pink shade for Hers dot com slash pink shade. Weight Loss by Hers is not available everywhere. Prescription required. See website for full details, important safety information and restrictions. Y'all. I'm so excited to go to some live shows this year. I love going to see live music and athletic events too. I know it's surprising, but I do enjoy the basketball and the football. But my gosh, you guys, sometimes getting tickets is such a nightmare that you just give up and then you have fomo because you missed out. But let me tell you about the Game Time App. The Game Time App gives the advantage back to the fans. Is the hack for unlocking amazing tickets and experiences in a few taps. It's incredibly easy to use, and the game time guarantee means you can trust you'll get one hundred percent authentic tickets on time and at the best price. Plus, the fees are always included, so what you see is what you pay, and to me, that's the best part. I hate thinking I'm getting a ticket for like one hundred dollars and then you go to check out and it's double the price due to all the fees. So lately I've been looking at Harry Styles tickets for New York and October. I know people who have spent like a full month's mortgage on a ticket. But I saw some as low as three hundred and fifty dollars on the game Time app, and we're going to jump on those tickets because I really want to go and I love In the game Time app, it shows you the view from your seat, so you may not like that view, so you just kind of move around. It'll show you other views and you can still find one in your price range. Also, if you find tickets in the same section and row for less somewhere else, game Time will credit you one hundred and ten percent of the difference. They also have job loss assurance. If you lose your job and need a refund, game Time has you covered. And they have event cancelation protection automatic full refunds for events that are canceled and not rescheduled. So take the guest work out of buying concert tickets with game Time. Download the game Time App, create an account and use code pink shade for twenty dollars off your first purchase terms apply again. Create an account and redeem code pink Shade pik Shade for twenty dollars off. Download the game Time App today.
Speaker 3: I think so yeah. Firstly, thank you for bringing this up. It's something that's been on my mind because she really sums up to me the new wife as in the sort of the younger crop of past wives we're seeing. Obviously she's quite an extreme example, but yeah, the sort of therapy speak. The don't get me wrong, I don't think there's anything wrong with therapy speak in certain situations, and like, it is actually really good to have healthy boundaries in friendships. But it's a strange mixture and I think hypocrisy where she's going into the friendships and expecting them to be like her friendships in the everyday world, which is kind of which is kind of ridiculous if you think about it, because in the everyday world, firstly, these women are we're seeing a small percentage of what's actually filmed.
Speaker 2: Like these women are hanging out with each other.
Speaker 3: Near on every day for about four months, which is you know, most people don't see their friends that often, let alone if you are having really fractious, you know, difficult conversations, you would probably not speak to someone for a while, like, but in this world, you're at dinner party with them the next day, So it's not it's not realistic to put those expectations onto these friendships. But then there's a flip side of that, which is when it's time to promote business or do self promo, which as we've seen Amanda do literally relentlessly when.
Speaker 2: She's on the show. Yes, to go back to my point I just made.
Speaker 3: We're seeing a small snippet, So think how much she must actually be talking about this is how much we're seeing. It must be constant, never ending, talking about her business. So when they want to talk about business, it's like, oh, suddenly, this is a work platform. It's you know, it's a word, it's a job. But when it's time to have those actually difficult conversations across the dinner table, it's you're verbally costing me, And this is you know, my body's experiencing. This is like a physiological attack or whatever. It wasn't she actually said crazy. My eyes was rolling into the back of my head. And by the way, I say all this as a millennial, I am a millennial. I get where she's coming from. I'm probably you know, I'm closer in age to her than the other other women. But I still think that her expectations of conflict are not realistic for being on what is, let's be honest, a conflict centered show, and it's not just her. I think on the Potomac Reunion, okay, I said something to the effect of, like people are more sensitive than you. People the show are more sensitive than the than Like the bars sort have changed from what you're allowed to say and what's what's considered shade and what's considered mean that you know, that has changed, And.
Speaker 2: I do think that's changed because some of the women younger.
Speaker 3: The irony is that actually is obviously like a very exceptional case of someone that was practically born and raised on this show, like she's been. I think she was twenty eight or something when she on her very young, which is very unusual in the housewives world. But she's kind of a weird exception. But because she's sort of a younger person that's been in the older era. But yeah, I think that Amanda sums up a lot of this stuff. It's another part of it is, you know, this relentless sort of self promotion. I think that the best housewives understand that you get to promote yourself if you want to do that once you formed an emotional connection with people. It's kind of like a quid pro pro right, It's like you let us into your life, you share, you give us you know, the details of your divorce or like whatever whatever your problem is in your life or what you know. We want to see as the audience that everyone shit stinks, right, Like, no matter no matter how expensive the sheets, no matter how opulent the bed, we like to see that, oh, these people are going through things that we relate to. It's like a strange Venn diagram of relatability and escapism and when it crosses over that's the sweet spot. And I think the Best Housewives understand that Rachel Zau is a great example.
Speaker 2: She's you know, she kind.
Speaker 3: Of she's an individual case because her brand is basically being Rachel Zoe and being fabulous the whole time.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: Yes, if you think Rachel Zau has not tried to sell us one product, or taken us to one product launch or done done anything that's like directly like by this now in the whole show, she has basically led us into her life sort of relaunching where she's at now exploring this sort of what I just said that the pressures and the greatness but also the complicatedness of stepping out after a divorce.
Speaker 2: Isn't that something so many women.
Speaker 3: Can relate to, even if you're not, Although that's such a relatable thing. So she's understanding that you have to build that connection with people before, like maybe next season we'll see her doing like a new line of like Rachel's or a new you know.
Speaker 2: Something business like, but she's, yeah, we probably will.
Speaker 3: I would be very surprised if you don't, but I won't be mad about it because I feel like she's we've earned that, Like she's shared enough that it feels genuine. Whereas Amanda showing up in like episode one and like flogging off her products.
Speaker 2: It just doesn't does it.
Speaker 1: But her product is, as Bo's and Rachel said when they were shopping is you know, it was a conversation of her product is meditation, but she wrote books about it, to meditate about business, to be rich. But what's the business? It's sort of like, you know, and you can see you know, accomplished business people like Bo's and Rachel Zoe being confused about explaining this business and then her being so rude about the books. You know, like I got her, we got her point right. She didn't have a ghostwriter. That's fine, but to be like I just thought everybody wrote their books and just to keep saying it, it's like you're not making any friends. You're making these women hate you. You know.
Speaker 3: Also, can I just I know a lot I actually know people that have ghost written books. You know, Brian Moreland as you know ghost Danes New York Times bestselling memoir. There's a lot of skill that goes into that ghost writing a book. But there's a lot of skill, Like it's that working relationship with the ghostwriter that makes the book good and that let me tell you, the person isn't sitting there and writing all of the book.
Speaker 2: It's like a collaborative project.
Speaker 3: And as someone that's actually you know, written writes professionally, I think that it would be kind of silly for Deit to just attempt to write a book from nothing like like like some people spend their lives working as journalists and writers normally before they even attempt to write a book, which to be not done. So that doesn't really make a huge amount of sense to me for Deit to be writing her book for nowhere, like I think it will be a much higher quality piece of work working with someone that knows how to write a book like that.
Speaker 1: She's not a writer, so that would make nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, whereas a man, that kind of I think is almost positioning, like she's obviously positioning herself as this, you know, manifestation expert. But I do think she does consider herself a writer, so you know, maybe it just makes more sense for her to write her book if that's her main gig.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I mean, don't get me wrong. I actually so.
Speaker 3: I would just like to say, as a caveat to this, I think that Amana has been dealt a rough hand with the whole derit comments that she made about the marriage and things like that. I think she was kind of set up agree, So all of these comments I'm saying about her general annoyingness are not actually to do with that. Like I think that I actually sided with her in that situation. I think that what she said was not that much of a deep comment, like it's being presented like she stopped the whole dinner to make some grandiose, massive statement about Durete's marriage. It was like kind of like, oh, maybe she shouldn't do that. I would honestly consider it a throwaway comment, which I understand when you're in the middle of it and when it's about you, nothing about it is ever going to feel throwaway. But it's being presented that she was doing something that to me, she really wasn't doing in that moment. And I'm also second one is she's right, stop speaking about Stop speaking about your marriage like this is there's a reason why everyone in history doesn't do that, because it's going to create so many problems for you. And also like it's one thing for her to say, oh, I'm not speaking badly about him to the kids, right, but let me tell you, dearit says her kids are really young. Jagger's eleven. That is actually not that young. Like he's gonna be able to google things.
Speaker 2: Wow, Like.
Speaker 3: He's gonna be able to google things soon. Like it's not like if not already. Like things she's saying are going to be put out there. You know, you and I both know everything gets clipped, Everything gets put in a million places and lasts forever. So everything you say could you might not be saying it directly to them, but you're saying it to millions of people. So I don't necessarily consider that to be much better.
Speaker 1: Well, and I think a lot of when you think about the kids, I think a lot about they go to school and another kid maybe like, oh my god, I heard my parents talking, or I heard my mom talking to somebody saying that your mond dad are getting a divorce, or you know, kids do that. They hear what their parents say and they go and repeat it to their friends. And so if they're not allowed to be on the internet, first of all, where there's a will, there's a way kids will get on the internet anyway. You know, my kids got Twitter when they weren't allowed to, you know, like that's what they do. So it's it's hard to protect your kids from it. So the best way, in my opinion, is to just keep it cute and mute and only talk to your friends about it and don't sort of openly blast the other person because you could end up a year down the road really getting along and the damage is done.
Speaker 2: You know, the flip side of it.
Speaker 3: But the flip side of it is also like okay, but it does make quite a good television, Like you know what I mean with these housewives, we love to be like, why aren't they sharing enough? And then they share some stuff that we don't think is like appropriate and we're like stop sharing that because it's a difficult job. Obviously, is probably being courage by production and so forth to share all this stuff about her marriage. I think there was a few seasons ago where her job was very much in the balance, and then then she separated from PEK. I think it was perhaps before she separated from PK, But I think she's probably being encouraged behind the scenes to like share, share, share, And you've also got to think, if she's in this position where she doesn't really know what's going on with her finances, how much money PK has, how much paid for this is really her big gig, Like I mean, let's be honest, Beverly Beach, if it even still exists.
Speaker 2: Is not paid. It's not paying the bills.
Speaker 3: So this is her number one earner, so she really needs to make sure that she's keeping her position. So I think sharing is probably influenced by a lot of those types of pressures as well. What did you think about her shopping. I'm interested to hear what your opinion is on this.
Speaker 1: It's interesting because I've heard this about Derate. I heard Andy last year probably on his show. He had gone to I want to say Paris for something that had to do with Spotify or Serious or something. And he was there only a couple of days, and he said, I ran into durat and maybe it was Cynthia Bailey, and they went in and out of they were at the shops in Paris and they went into like Louis Vauton or Chanel or something, and he said, Durie came out with bags and bags, and he said, and that's not fake. She was buying the stuff at the store. She wasn't going on the real reel like I do.
Speaker 3: She was.
Speaker 1: She was going in a Chanelle's store coming out with bags. And he said that Cynthia or whoever was the other housewife was like, that's how she does it. So they've always known that this is how she is. And she has said over and over if she's got a head to toe Gucci outfit that she poses in for three hours, making everybody late for dinner, this is all real stuff that she bought. That is a problem when you don't have like Kathy Hilton level wealth.
Speaker 3: I've been reading the Simna's book, which, by the way, if you've not read it, and all the listeners listening I would really encourage people to read it or in what I've been doing audiobooking, because she reads it herself and she's you know, she performs it, you really get the whole experience. So I would definitely recommend it because I know it's been clipped and you know, broadcasting about a million different places. So I was sort of like, do I need to read this? I feel like I've seen so much of it already. But actually it's really interesting, especially if you're into all the sort of behind the scenes stuff with production. You know, details about who pays for what, whether Bravo pays for their union dresses and their glamor and all this other stuff. If you're into that, I would really recommend the book because it definitely peels back the curtain on a lot of the stuff behind the scenes. It's definitely much more of a memoir than it's been portrayed online. Obviously, they focus a lot on the shady things she says about, like Andy Cohen and the housewives, but there's a lot of stuff about her in there, and you do come away from it feeling like you've really gotten to know her a lot more. But yeah, one of the things she says in it is that she basically spent so much money on clothes and glam. She basically said that she spent almost her entire salary on clothes and glam, which she admitted was a very first world problem. But equally, I'm also like, to me, that just is annoying. I want to I want this to be these real women's lives, you know what I mean? Right, Like I don't like I would rather you weren't wearing a wig and like a dress that you just ought for this scene that you can't actually afford, Like I want to see your real life, like whatever that actually is. I think that they've gotten so wrapped up in that, some of the wives that they don't actually understand that. Like what what's more aspirational to us is to see them living their actual lives, not like sitting in Glam for hours for to film a scene like Boas getting Glam to basically have a dinner in that.
Speaker 2: House that they were at in Sedona.
Speaker 3: I was like, this is so ridiculous to me, Like why are you getting Glam to like sit inside a house and have a dinner that the housewives are cooking themselves?
Speaker 1: Like it was so cool, Yes to walk downstairs like yeah, it's.
Speaker 2: Just like I was like, what are you doing? This is so irritating.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I think that I would love as much as I I respect her for sharing all of those details, I would prefer if it was more like close to their real lives.
Speaker 2: But maybe that's not a realistic expectation.
Speaker 3: But I missed those days when it wasn't all about the glam squads and things like that.
Speaker 2: I think it did change the shows a little bit.
Speaker 1: I agree. And speaking of that, we have Atlanta coming back, and then we have a new show, Real Housewives of Rhode Island, which I think is funny that they just gave it the whole state instead of like a city, just just just Rhode Island. What I mean, say it again.
Speaker 3: New Jersey's estate, isn't it. It's so it's not You're right, New Jersey is the only one that sustained. And also I think it's a similar vibe. They're both very Italian as far as as far as the trailer suggests.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I was going to ask if you'd seen a preview of it, because I haven't watched it.
Speaker 3: So this is going to be really so they they've actually sent me. It's on my list of things to watch this week, but I haven't. They sent me about a week ago and I haven't gotten right to watching yet. They sent me the first two episodes, so I kind of I would be I would be like forbidden from sharing anything had I had I if I was able to, I wouldn't be able to tell you. But I think I've heard I've heard really good things from people that have seen it. I think that they seem to have from what I've heard, they seem to have stumbled across or collected a group of women who are not you know that the housewives that are very Instagram savvy and you can you know the almost I mean, Amanda is sorry to keep whacking her. That's a it's a good example for Amanda, someone who shows up very much aware of the platform, aware of everything.
Speaker 2: I think that from what I've heard, the women are quite not like that.
Speaker 3: They're quite green good, which is I think a really good sign because I think when they're less, when they're less aware of all, that the better. And that's actually a good segue to Ladies of London because one of my favorite things about Ladies of London is how a lot of the women don't seem.
Speaker 2: Like they are aware of you know, Bravo fans.
Speaker 3: They don't seem like they're like, they don't seem most of them, there are a few exceptions, don't really seem like they're very aware of the platform, which I think is partly why that show's working so well.
Speaker 1: Okay, Ladies of London. Okay, so I've got my list here. We're gonna have to go through them. So of what you just said, I would say the person that's the most aware of it is first on my list is Micah.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. I was like, please tell me she's gonna say Micah.
Speaker 3: Yes, of course. Micah's like the Amanda of Ladies of London. She's she's there, she's she's got a business, and she's going to mention it every single time she is on camera, like that her thing. Yeah, even in episode three when she was you know, they were discussing the infamous Now Dinner party where Dara left the show, which was an incredible star.
Speaker 2: They were like, you're why didn't you say anything?
Speaker 3: She was like, well, I've been raised in poise, so I just I just felt like I had to be poised. I was like, that's just another way of bringing out the business and like she's got an amazing, yeah, amazing talent for imagine to weave etiquette into like any like all Rosalie back to etiquette with with her, And I'm not gonna lie, I'm not really sure that she's the first person I would go to teach me about etiquette if I was in certainly, if I was in.
Speaker 2: London, I would pick a British person.
Speaker 3: I hope that doesn't sound prejudiced, but I just it's a little bit of an odd choice. But I think first off is more online. I'm the impression I get is that she's more teaching etiquette like from a British perspective to Americans. That's what I think is that's what I think she's doing. I think she that's what I think. I think most of her audience will be like Americans and things like that, so I guess it makes sense she's also I would say what she her look to me is like British drag. Like she she's like constantly dressed in this way that I'm like, it's like she it's like she's asked like chat gpt to like draw a kind of fancy British woman and that's how she dresses. She dresses in an extremely like it's yeah, she dresses funny to me, like every time she's got like a hat on, and I'm like, why do you always say?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just like very ott.
Speaker 3: Even when she's going to meet Dara for that coffee she was dressed like ridiculed. That was like a sort of just like a sort of casual coffee shop. She was dressed to the nines.
Speaker 2: It was yeah, that was my note.
Speaker 1: When I was taking my notes, I was like, where, in the words of Tim Gunn from Project run Away, where is this girl going? Why is she in a strapless tuxedo style jumpsuit to go to a coffee shop? And her friend's like in a cotton dress you know it made And then the hat. I was like, where are you? Are you going to a dinner after this? What are you doing?
Speaker 2: Side note?
Speaker 3: So I was like shocked that we saw Dara again because when she appeared, I was like, oh, it was like jump scared because so.
Speaker 2: What I want to know? I really want to know.
Speaker 3: What happened here. So my understanding is, so if you watch the show I'm not sure if everyone's aware of this, but it looks to me like they've edited her audition tape and just put a confessional backdrop on it, because her confessionals are really different lighting and looks kind of weird compared to other people's in the first two episodes, and I think that they've like and most of it is her talking about like her you know, Beatrice, and sort of background stuff. It's not her commentating on a specific situation during that dinner. We didn't see any confessionals of her saying her perspective on the dinner, So I think what happened is she quit and then just refused to film confessionals, and then they had to edit her audition tape in as kind of in place of her confessionals. But I really want to know is how they got her back for that scene, because I'm assuming that she quit, so I want to know what went on behind the scenes to convince her to come back to film that coffee shop scene, which was like, by the way, ridiculous, like it was like gaslighting. One oh one that caught that scene. I was like, you're not the victim here, Like, what on earth are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Like I felt. Yes. I think they probably were like, you know, on the show, you need to be able to you need to be able to give your point of view, So why not will you film this one last coffee just to get your point of view out there so that the viewers know your side. So she agreed to it, and then she said, I'm going in and I'm going to stick to my story. And when Micah said, had like, imagine how I felt, and she said, imagine how I felt? What what it was? Everything she said? When we recapped it, we were like, what, No, this is a girl that we almost need on the show because she's so delulu. But and it was interesting at that dinner that she brought those people with her who were like I met her on the internet. She brings women together, were like, did they edited like this or is that really? You know?
Speaker 2: Also, it's kind of weird side note, very strange. I mean one of them described herself as a fan fan.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think of her work, well, you know, one of the sort of her backup people.
Speaker 2: So it's a little weird to bring up a.
Speaker 3: Fan to to dinner like or someone that you don't even I mean, I didn't get the impression they knew each other particularly well, No, it's a little od I will say. Side note, my boyfriend is an architect and he did tell me that she is very successful and well known in so her that whole thing wasn't I was. You know, with these people, sometimes it's be like, oh, do you own an architecture practice or do you just like do interior design as you know, you know, sometimes you're like, how much is smoking mirrors on these reality shows? Like how successful is this person?
Speaker 1: Actually?
Speaker 2: So apparently she is the real deal in the architecture business, you know.
Speaker 3: She really reminded me of She really reminds me of Rebecca Minkoff from the Real Housewives of New York reboot, someone who showed up and clearly has never really watched reality TV, doesn't really understand what actual work that's involved, and thinks that they're just going to be able to mention their brand on a show and it's going to be massively successful.
Speaker 2: She clearly just.
Speaker 3: Had no idea what was expected of her, And in some ways I'm a bit like, okay, fair enough for actually quitting, Like I'm glad that she didn't drag on for the whole season when she's clearly not suited to it. By the way, side note, have you did you ever watch sex?
Speaker 2: Did you watch Sex in the City of course? Yes? So foundational text. So you know the episode where Carrie gets her.
Speaker 3: Shoes stolen at that at the party and then the Minilablonnis and she it's this whole tense thing about her asking the host to pay for the shoes that someone stole because she asked her to take them off, and the.
Speaker 2: Host is like really awkward about it.
Speaker 3: There's a scene where Carrie phones her up and she's like, I feel really weird about what happened the other day. That was a really awkward conversation. We've been friends for a long time. And she's like, Oh, I don't really totally forgotten about it. You were you were thinking about that, and it really reminded me of that when they went to the coffee shop together and Michael was like, Oh, I've been really you know, like stressed for Dan or feeling really bad about what happened the last time we saw each other, and she was like really like like it was no big deal, Like yeah, you have like like that's almost like the worst thing you can do to someone. Like make them feel like they're ridiculous for having ridiculous for caring about your relationship. Like I think that's probably the worst thing, the worst you can make somebody feel.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's like the opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. And that's how she acts to her, Like what I haven't thought twice about it? And you're like, you went off camera and said I said those things. And then basically she said to Micah, I mean I didn't say those things too, missy, but she could have overheard them. Okay, well then you said them, and then it was It was such a back and forth that I think at the very least, Micah walked away going like, Okay, like this has been our whole relationship, but my eyes are just now opening because we're on television, you know, thank god.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And also like this this is actually dynamic that we see often on housewives and other shows where one person is like we're best friends and the other person is like we're acquaintances or like we're not good friends, like you know, and we all experience it sometimes in our own lives as well, where someone there's a disconnecting where people think, like how serious the friendship is or how close the friendship is, because some people have one hundred friends and some people have five, and then those friendships are of different value to different people. And it's like to Reat and Kyle, I think is a good example of to clearly placed Kyle way closer in her friendship circle than she was in Kyle's. And yes, that level of honestly, let's be honest, a little bit of delusion in Deret's case, I think has created a deeper chasm in their relationship, which I think is there's something similar going on with these two where yeah, Mike obviously considered Dour to be like a best friend, and.
Speaker 2: I don't think that was reciprocated.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I yeah, I do think you have to have a certain level of like obliviousness to not realize that. I think that's like, it's a sense of reading the It's a social skill to be able to sort of ascertain whether you and a friend are like sort of you know, caring about each other the same and positioning each other the same. I think that's something that we all kind of extinctively do with our friends. So I think to get that very wrong, you have to have a certain sense of tunnel vision and delusion about you, which Dewe and Mike I think both do share. They're not the most self aware, are they. So I think you have to be someone that's very much like about thinking quite single mindedly, I think, to not realize that and actually come to think of it, there is a certain sense that I think, I mean, I'm putting words in Kyle's martheus. This is just my opinion, but I think there might have been a part of Kyle that was a little bit embarrassed of Derete around her kind of new friends, like you know, the Morgan friends, the friends that she gets up at four am and works out with and goes on mountain hikes and does sound baths with and all the rest of it. When she was going through her separation, there was a sense of embarrassment between that Dara felt towards Micah, like a kind of I.
Speaker 2: Don't want to be a yeah, cringe yeah. And I think maybe there were There.
Speaker 3: Was one time where Kyle explained a situation where they went for a hike. She went for a hike with her friends and dereit was like on the side of the road, like panting after like like a sort of my can imagine maybe Kyle was cringed a little bit. There's a certain level of cringe that I could imagine her feeling.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, Well, all right, let's next talk about Missy or as we say, miss A. Okay, and tell me as we're going if, as a brit if you know of any of these people, because miss A apparently, well she's she's, you know, in her forties, she's got these two kids. She was with a famous footballer, and then she was with this other guy. They keep going Jake Hall. I was like, is this supposed to be like Harry Styles? Are we supposed to know who this guy is?
Speaker 3: No? Okay, so miss I do know. So going into the show, I knew two of the stars. Well, so, Mark Francis was on a show called Made in Chelsea, which, yes, of like a British version of the Hills, except it's set in Chelsea, which is a very sort of old money posh area in London, in West London, and it's basically yes, the romantic, the chaos, romantic and friendship lives of a group of young people. It premiered I think in twenty eleven and it's still on television now, but he's not on it anymore. Mark Francis definitely played the kind of Kathy Hilton Jennifer Tilly role on that show, the person who says ridiculous rich person things. There's whole sort of reels on you know, highlight things on YouTube of ridiculous things that Mark Francis has said, so a similar role to how he's playing here.
Speaker 2: But I would say he's a lot more of.
Speaker 3: The Greek Chorus kind of narrator on this show so far, and we've already seen him have more a little bit more personal like things about his father, which I've never seen on his previous show, So he's definitely divulging a little bit more about his personal lives so far.
Speaker 2: He's playing a sort of narrator role.
Speaker 3: Miss Ay I also knew because Missy was on a show called Real Housewives of Chess Show in the UK, Yeah, which was our first British housewives show and it's still on television now.
Speaker 2: Cheshire is basically put it's a place in the north of England. It's kind of a mixture of new and old money.
Speaker 3: It's where a lot of soccer players, so we have these big teams called like Liverpool and Manchester United, which are sort of big football teams in the in the north of England.
Speaker 1: We're Arsenal fans in our house.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you guys London, so yes, but that's sort of the other very big teams. But the northern teams, a lot of the football players live in these mansions in Cheshire. So the Cheshire housewives, a lot of them were married to footballers or soccer players football as we call them here wags. So miss ay I first met her a long time ago because she was on that show for about three or four seasons.
Speaker 2: She wasn't an og or anything.
Speaker 3: I'd say she was kind of like a Megan King Edmunds character, like a younger a younger housewife who came in for like three or four seasons and shook things up. And she was That was when she was married to her husband, who was the football player, the soccer player who she has a son with, and he's from I think he's lives in Copenhagen with her son.
Speaker 1: Now, yes, I need to know I need more about that, Yes, Copenhagen.
Speaker 3: Right, So they actually got divorced on Real Housewives of Cheshire so I watched her go through her divorce. Then she left that show and she had this whirlwind romance with this man called Jake Hall.
Speaker 2: Who. So there's this other reality show called The Only Way.
Speaker 3: Is Essex in the UK, which is kind of like again, it's a structured reality show like The Hills, but it's set in Essex, which is kind of It's sort.
Speaker 2: Of like La but a little bit more tacky.
Speaker 3: It's on maybe like a cross between La and Jersey, which is kind of a weird.
Speaker 2: It's like a weird thing to imagine.
Speaker 3: It's like it's tacky but glamorous, very you know, people have white range rovers and you know, big houses with gates and things like the very white teeth, immaculately flow dried hair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd say it's like a mixture between La and Jersey.
Speaker 3: That's probably a good way of putting it. It was a reality show and he was on that and he was kind of like a bad boy, So he was like almost like justin Bobby or something like a like a heartbreaker, a bad boy, total opposite to her previous husband, who I think was more dependent, like you know, had a steady job and was you know, Danish and quite reserved as far as I remember this, Jake guy was like completely different. So they had a very kind of whirlwind romance. And I actually, I mean, if I'm not I think that she ended up getting a restraining order out on him. I think that it got quite dark. I think that they they'd had a daughter together, and yeah, I think it got very tumultuous and quite dark. So so I knew her already, so she Whi's interesting though, isn't it. In the first three episodes, Mark Francis is definitely emerged as the narrator and Missay is the one who's moving the story along. So she is like, oh, she said this about her, I need to bring it up at the dinner. Oh, let's all go around the table and share things that have happened to us. She's doing the sort of housewifery of all. So it's interesting that the two people that are it wassible for, you know, telling us, narrating the story and then also creating the story are the two people that have already been on shows before, so they're using that experience to to move the narrative along.
Speaker 1: These are very good points that I hadn't thought of.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, but but it makes sense, right, Like if you've done a show before, you know, Missy's been a real housewife, albeit in Cheshire, it's not Beverly Hills. But she knows that you have to go to the dinner and you have to say the thing. You know, that's a basic it's the basic thing of housewife Mary. Right. You wait until you're all at the dinner table to say the big bombshell, like Dery in this week's episode when Amanda kept being.
Speaker 2: Like, Derry, can we can we talk?
Speaker 3: And she's like, if you've got something to say, you can say it to dinner, basically like I want to, I want an audience. Well, while you say, you have to do when all the cameras are ready. So yeah, that's that's interesting. What did you think about I'm so interested in your opinion on the Kimmi of it all, the sharing circle and her reaction to it, which I thought was so fascinating on like a lot of different levels. I'd be really interested in hearing your thoughts on it.
Speaker 1: Well, our thoughts were Missy, who we got miss a. Missy says we're going to go around and share something, but she didn't go first to set the tone of like, we're going to actually tell something really deep. You know, They sort of like, am I, how do you feel about, you know, being in charge of this fabulous house and being a marchioness and all this, And then you know, nobody said you know, And then Martha did say the thing about her sister and the thing about when Missy told the story about her brother. You know, we were all like, oh my god. Now, of course, when you hear somebody's gun down in the street, especially somewhere like London where gun violence is not an everyday thing, my first thought was, oh, well he was doing some shady shit. But I was like, it will reveal itself. And then when they get in the car and Kimmy's like, oh, I just hate this, Like you have to fake go around and share stuff. It seems disingenuous and who cares, Like obviously it was drug related. I remember the story and Margo and Martha saying, hey, it doesn't matter how it happened. She lost her brother, like this is terrible, and her sort of brushing it off. Well, our whole thing was okay. Well, now Kimmy is even more interesting to us because she obviously has been through such dark shit in her life that she can't for one minute drop this fun girl facade of like give me a drink and on body. She can't drop any of it for five minutes to have some empathy towards someone to be like, I remember when that story came out. I do think it was drug related. That's terrible. I'm so sorry for Missy. Instead of just being like, oh God, who cares, it's another druggie on the street and you're like, whoa, she's gonna see you saying this like awful, it was very upsetting. I'm kind of obsessed with Gimmy.
Speaker 3: By the way, I completely agree and I totally sa I co signed everything you just said. I think the For me, it was fascinating because of how much we learned about Kimmy.
Speaker 2: It revealed she know she didn't reveal something at the table, but she.
Speaker 3: Revealed a lot with her reaction to what was revealed at the table, yes, which was completely I was like, but I will say Kimmy is definitely she is American, but I would honestly fully say as a British person, she is like very assimilated to like, like her accent, her accent, is like what Dar thought she sounded like, but do sounded just like an American person doing a fake British accent. Kimmy's is what an actual Transatlantic accent sounds like. Like I would have to ask her where she's from, because I wouldn't quite.
Speaker 2: She speaks so British a lot, she.
Speaker 1: Does, and some some words sound very you know, American, and then other words we keep reminding ourselves that she is actually American, and they put the little flag next to their name, which is helpful.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but in her life story that she did say she was in America for the first maybe like twelve until she was about twelve, I think, and then she did move to Haiti, and then I think ince, then she's lived in London, so she's lived in London more than any other place she's lived, and she's not lived in America I think for forty years or something.
Speaker 2: So I think, yeah, to me, she's like, she's definitely.
Speaker 3: An honorary brit Like I think she should have an American slash British on her little thing because I think but interesting, So I was thinking like, oh, that's it's a very British reaction to be like, oh, it's a sob story. Who cares about? Who cares about your feelings? Like put them away in a box. But I think it's definitely informed by, you know, what she's been through. I think it was edited so beautifully that episode actually, because we got to see Kimmy's story and then juxtaposed with how unsympathetic she was being. Seeing those two things in, you know, one after the other was like, oh, we really understand. You know, it takes a lot of skill to capture someone like that. I think that they really captured her hard as nails. But also we now know that there's something really deep within there even if she had shared it with us, and I think her daughter as well, Like when we see her with her daughter, you know, that's really hard, Like that's really hard. She's probably thinking, I've been through stuff. You know, my parents divorced. My mom was a mess. I had to move to an entire different country with an entire different culture. I've got divorced. My daughter's on the spectrum. She's probably thinking like, who are you to be sharing your thing? Like thinking, But I will say I agree with you, even if it was drug related, I don't know the story no matter what the reason is.
Speaker 2: That's not Miss's fault.
Speaker 3: That's it's neither here nor there to me, whether like whether it was drug related or what was going on. Ultimately, she presumably had to get a call on Christmas.
Speaker 2: Day telling her that her brother had been shot in front of his child.
Speaker 3: I mean, yes, that's an unbelievably awful thing for no matter what the situation, for anybody to experience. I will say though, I did see Kimye's point a little bit, not not relating to the you know anything about Miss story, but just that the the sort of situation of sitting around a table and eat sharing something, it didn't necessarily feel supernatural to me. It felt It's definitely felt you know, contrived in some ways. And you know, Kimmi is obviously someone that takes a long time to open up to people. She probably has amazing friend like lifelong friends that she barely opens up to. So she's she's not going to tell these people that she's just met in what she'll probably be consider being like a work capacity.
Speaker 2: A lot of them.
Speaker 3: She's not gonna tell them her trauma straight straight off the gate. Other people do, I think, you know, everyone opens up differently and that type of forum is not going to be the place for everyone to open up, so you can't equally, you can't judge someone for not wanting to share something that deep around the dinner table.
Speaker 1: Well, what do you think about our Sonia Morgan of the cast Martha God bless that apartment makes me so it gives, it gives Morgan manner. It is like the bird poop everywhere, like what are we doing? What are we doing? And she just she looked like, physically looks like somebody from Madmen, right. She looks like she has my mother's hairstyle from the sixties when my mom was in her twenties and looked like she was fifty five. You know, she's just very old fashioned Martha. And we find out she's had this series of you know, marriages and then divorced and then she only got to keep her title, which, like a title is not going to pay your rent. I'm fascinated by Martha and also a little worried at the same time. You know, she just when Margot was like, I can't be friends with you anymore if you're going to keep doing this dumb shit like meeting a stranger in the park, and inviting them to your home when you literally had to move last time because you had a stalker, Like what's wrong with you? You know.
Speaker 3: Okay, So, first of all, I'm so glad you said the Sonya Morgan comparison, because I was I was going to I'm here to say that exact same thing. Yeah, been with the you know, the stuff in storage. It reminded me so much of that scene with Derinda and Sonya when they went down to her basement and Sonya had like three vacuum cleaners and a fax machine and like all this stuff from all the stuff from like the seventies basically, and Derinda was like, just get rid of all this stuff, like and then Sonya obviously started crying, and it really reminded me of that.
Speaker 2: It was such a similar scene.
Speaker 3: And yeah, you're right, she does look like someone from another time, from another era. I will say, I've not with the exact same circumstances, obviously, but I've met quite a lot.
Speaker 2: Of British women like her.
Speaker 3: She is a sort of a woman that does exist in that sort of world, a posh woman who has lived life, you know, sort of quite tumultuously in parts, because I think she knows that there'll always be a net to catch her.
Speaker 1: A man will come along.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the man, her family, her connection, like there's always going to be someone there to you know, the British opper classes, basically, they're very well connected.
Speaker 2: It's always like, oh, why don't.
Speaker 3: You just come spend the summer in my house in santra Fey, Like she's probably always had people like that around her, like, oh, you know, I.
Speaker 2: Even know where she just lived. Just come come stay in my house for like three months.
Speaker 1: Like it's very that, so very Sonya Morgan.
Speaker 2: Exactly.
Speaker 3: No, it's very Sony Morgan, except I think this woman it's a little different because so this woman was already well to do before she married her husband. You know, Martha's posh. She rides horses, she goes on grauge shooting weekends. She's like got a riding hat in her storage. You know, she's she's a quintessentially posh woman. So, as far as I'm aware, Sonya Morgan was, you know, just like from Connecticut or something like, I don't think she grew up. I don't think she grew up with loads of money or I think, yeah, that's still shay to Sonia. That's we all come from where we come from. But so Martha is still when Sonia. I think partly why Sonya's divorce was so something she could never let go of is because it really was it was like her access to that world, you know, the status that she was accustomed to. She lost that as well, which honestly, I think she was more upset about that than equally as upset about that. I think it was all rolled into one. I don't get the sense that Martha's entire She's lost money, but she's not lost her entire world or her you know, the people that she socializes with and stuff like that. I'm not getting that impression from her. But she's also someone who, you know, I'm gonna say I loved Margo's reaction. I was saying that exact thing as I was watching it, and in the first two episodes, I was like, I'm not sure about the American cast members because quite a lot of them seem to have just moved to London.
Speaker 2: Recently, which is a shame.
Speaker 3: And obviously Kimmy, as I would say, she's sort of honorary Brits, so I'm not talking about her here, but they seem quite green to London. But Margo is interesting because she did live in London and now she's coming back here.
Speaker 2: But also I really like she's.
Speaker 3: One of the people that I think is she's being as direct as you really can be on the reality show. And I really actually respected her a lot for her reaction, because honestly, Martha needs someone to she needs to be told that you can't be going around like this.
Speaker 2: You're forty five years old. Why are you giving your keys to random guys? Is that you know? When she asked her like did you see any of his previous work? Did you get any recommendations from did you google him? Like did you do any any diligence? And she's like no, like it kind of beggars belief.
Speaker 3: But with that same that's kind of also how she's Sonya, because we always used to see Sonya doing these things, like you know, investing in these things or like Tipsy Girl, or like doing these you know, businesses that we knew were like kind of not real or like not going to work out things like that, and we spend a lot of our time watching Sonya being like no, Sonya, like don't do that. So I think there's a similar sense of vulnerability, but also and procurity and the fact that we're rooting for them to make different decisions that I think they're very, very similar. And yeah, like a kind of great gardens quality as well, right, like the.
Speaker 1: Very great gardens that house you have to go soon. So let me just ask you really quickly. The thing about Emma is interesting to US Americans because you know, we're always told the Megan Markele of it all. She was the first you know, black woman to marry in So my thought is, well, Megan Markle married into the monarchy, but it seems like Emma has married into aristocracy, and that is maybe different.
Speaker 2: So these two things are both true.
Speaker 3: Megan Markle was the first person, the first black woman and I believe the first woman of color in the Royal family, which is okay, I mean they're above the aristocracy, so but Emma was the first. So saying so the role, it's like the royal family in aristocracy, but the royal family is like you're like the top tier of the cake, but they're in this sort of same cake. Right, So the further time you go, so when Emma married and she was like the first woman of color.
Speaker 2: In the whole cake.
Speaker 3: Okay, but then when Megan married and she was the first one to call in the top tier of the cake. So Megan made history in her own way. But Emma also was the first one in the whole cake whatsoever. So they're both history makers in different ways. But yeah, if Megan was to say she was the first in the whole aristocracy in the whole Cake, that would not be true. She's definitely only only the top tier of the cake, but it's a you know, it's the top tier, so it's a it's a bigger deal. But Emma is also I will say she's real. Like that Longly is really famous, like in the UK.
Speaker 1: I've heard of it. I've heard of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, beautiful, it's got a safari park. It's an amazing day out, Like it's the sort of place that like loads and like millions of people in the UK's it's kind of like, I mean, it's not the same essentral part, but like it's it's like a big attraction for people to go to. So that family are like the real deal like I was when in the season premiere when she came on and started explaining her history. I was like, Oh, this is like really impressive, like the cast that they because I wasn't sure how they were gonna, you know, what the cast was going to be like really, but yeah, when she started telling her story, I was like, Oh, this is really impressive. So but she's a little quiet so far. I'm looking forward to seeing maybe a little more from her. She seems to have been absent from some of the events and or turning up you know, late, and things like that, because she's probably got prior commitments. So I'm hoping that we get to see a little bit more and like that she'll take us more behind the scenes of that whole lineage, because because it is a really interesting story.
Speaker 1: I thought it was very interesting, and I did like when Kimmy and Emma and Mark Francis were at sketch where it's I was like, I've been to sketch, Yeah, And they were in sketch and they were kind of joking about the Madame rumor and I was like, okay, and Kimmy goes shut up, it's funny, and I was like that. I think because normally Emma, if the cameras want on her, would be like, oh my God, tell me the tea about the madam. But because the cameras were there, and she does have a title she has to live up to, you know that she can't maybe get quite in the mud with her friends with the cameras there. That's the idea.
Speaker 3: I need to say something about this madam thing. Yeah, okay, madam in the UK it means like diva. So if I was to say you're being a madam, it would be like, oh, she's being demanding, she's being a diva. So what I think has happened is that someone has said it about her like oh, she's a she's a diva, demanding woman, and then it's been maybe heard by an American or herd by someone that didn't get that translation, and then it's taken on a life of its own.
Speaker 2: That's what I think happened here, because.
Speaker 3: Yeah, madam means like you're kind of bossy, like diva if you're calling if you were calling someone a madam, it'd be like, oh, yes, she's boss, she's diva. She's rude to wait staff, she's like you know that sort of character. So what, yeah, what I think has happened is it's a it's a it's a lost in translation, and then someone said it, and then it's just taken on a whole life because let's be honest, it is a fun rumor. So yes, I think that's what's happened. And also, I mean the Beatrice connection is obviously interesting in that it's interesting in that, I say, but yes, it's a shame that we It was a shame to lose her, I think because she was kind of, you know, did have potential villain villain villain potential, which is probably she probably realized she was getting cast, like she was going to be editing in that way, and then you know, flew the flew the next But I think that the cast are really interesting.
Speaker 2: I love that they have existing friendships.
Speaker 3: I love the as you mentioned earlier, there's women that have lived a life. You know, Martha's forty five, like that's actually she's she's still a young woman, but she's she's lived like seven lives in that time. Even Miss Ay like having a husband and being on another show and then having another and then you know, being.
Speaker 2: A model like she's she's also lived several lives.
Speaker 3: Like I think that they've managed to find women that have their own history, that have baggage that have, you know, things that they make them feel vulnerable and things that they want to say on the show. I think that they've done a really good job with the casting. I've got a lot of love for this show already.
Speaker 1: Me too. I'm obsessed with it. And normally I don't cover Bravo shows sort of one by one. I just do Thursdays I talk about everything that's on. But with this one, we had a slot on Mondays that was open, and I was like, let's put it in, Like we had no idea if it was going to be good, and I'm so glad we did because I've told everybody. I was like, you got to watch it. It's Housewives esque but different enough. And I love that they've got Mark Francis on as a male on the cast. I love that because I think there's plenty of Housewives shows where they could have, you know, a male gay best friend that literally is in their circles and does everything with them, and I think that would be a little bit more real life. And so I like that Mark Francis is on, and I like that he has a double name, like Mark Francis, like Mary Payne.
Speaker 2: I have one thing to say.
Speaker 3: Actually, so, I think that what's interesting to me is that there seems to be maybe this is just projection, but I feel like I sense this real interest in British culture right now from Americans. You know, You've got like Charlie XCX, Harry Styles, Ladies of London. Also everywhere I go in London at the moment, there's loads of Americans visiting. Like, I don't know, I just feel like there's like a real interest in even celebrities like going to the Cotswalls like Can Karajun and Lewis Hamilton are allegedly having secret dates there the whole time.
Speaker 1: Ooh yeah.
Speaker 2: Like I'm just sensing this kind of interest in.
Speaker 3: Maybe this is like wishful thinking, but it feeds into this wider thing at the moment where I feel like there's a kind of like anglifhile vibe happening and I don't know what it means. I don't know why it's happening, but I feel like it's happening.
Speaker 1: Well, I will tell you that my producer Ingrid, who the listeners know her daughter, is in London right now doing a semester abroad, and in Ingrid's going over in April for you know, a week or two, and she just got an airbnb and was like, I'll just you know, live there for a week. And so I'm going to tell her to contact you to get all the all the things to do that might be off the beaten path, because everybody's always trying to find something different. Like when we went to London, my husband had been and we took the kids and they had not been, so we wanted to do things like go to sketch. We wanted to go to the Tower of London and things like that. But then we also had one day where we had a guide take us around and we got to see different things and he told us so many interesting different things we didn't know. And I think that's the way to do it, to get somebody who really knows something to take you around for the whole day and give you all the inside scoop. We loved it. We went and saw Hamilton, you know, an American play.
Speaker 2: Absolutely tell it to contact me.
Speaker 3: I'll get I'll get hooked up with all the places to go for sure, Please, dude, will be a Lady of London by the end of the trip.
Speaker 1: Tell everybody where they can find you and find out what you're writing because all of your stuff. I was looking at your your Harper's Bizarre monthly article Cultural Staples, and you were talking about Kylie and Timothy Shallamy and you're also talking about heated rivalry. So you do talk about a lot of pop culture topics that aren't necessarily Bravos and tell people where they can find you and find all the stuff you're writing.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Mary Payne. So yes, I write.
Speaker 3: It's actually twice a monthly now as of a couple of months ago column for Harper's Bizarre. It's called Cultural Staples. It is not about reality TV, so it's about pop culture.
Speaker 2: It's about film.
Speaker 3: It's about television and just like what's happening right now in the worlds of culture.
Speaker 2: So I do that.
Speaker 3: But the best place for people to find me is really on Instagram, which is at Louis Staples l O U I S S T A P L E S. And I'm on x as well, but mostly Instagram. That's why do most of my posting. That's where I post all my articles and you know, random rants about everything that's everything that's happening in the world.
Speaker 1: Listen, your article about heated rival or you know, my daughter is obsessed with heated rivalry and the star is obsessed. She then now has gotten all the books and now she's you know, uh, it was quite I never watched it, but she's like, you're missing out. I was like, I don't have time. I have to watch so much TV. But things like that, I love when and then the Timothy Shallow, Maagne and the Kylie of it all just having the oscars and them being on the front row, and so I love that you write about stuff like that that is in our zeitgeist that maybe we didn't think about in that way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I mean, what's more zeit guys than the Housewives. I feel like led my gateway drug to like pop culture, and then I felt like it just became an even bigger part of the culture. And then I just started getting super into Basically, if people are talking about it, I'm interested in writing about it.
Speaker 1: So I know I'm gonna I'm gonna use you from now on to gauge to gauge, but I shouldn't thinking, Okay, we're done, don't hang up. Thank you guys, and make sure you're following me at p Shade Pod and I'll see you next week. Say bye yeah. H m hmmmm hm