Speaker 1: Judis that I'm welcome to Sunday Service, Episode sixty two. I am your host, Josh my Day. If you don't know me, I'm a Christian rapper, devoted husband, father and on me veteran and yeah, this is brought to you by Cult of Conspiracy Podcast. Thank you so much for joining me. I really appreciate you. This is going to be on First Kings Chapter four, so we're already First Kings Chapter four. God Praise God. What a blessing. So let's go ahead and shout out everybody that commented the last two weeks, so we have on Wednesday Service, we had six comments.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Angela Kelly, thank you again. I know it might be.
Speaker 1: Repetitive that I shout you guys all out to say it mostly the same people, but I still want to shout you out because I really appreciate you. Catalyst Jones, good episode. Thanks for pushing through. It's an easy to recod when you're tired. Yes it's not, and you know it's really really yeah it is. It is very tough, but you know what, God let me push through and I ended up pulling off the two hours. Thank God. B great episode. Sunday Service career as well.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: I really appreciate you, b and thank you for commenting. J con forty four twenty.
Speaker 2: I feel tired.
Speaker 1: I'm a service plumber. I was on call last week and so yes, amen, amen, so you were late to catch Sunday Service. Thank you Lord for giving us the strength and opportunity to have a Bible study every day. Yes, what a blessing. Happy Veterans Day, thank you, thank you. Yes, I appreciate that. Whiskers white, thanks for sharing the word. Brother, Hey, God, bless you, thank you and no there I love this episode. Listened twice already. While that's awesome, listen twice. That's a that's a blessing for sure. Double portion. Sunday Service episode sixty one. We had three people comment. We had MBMP twenty two, j Con forty four to twenty, and we had Angela Kelly. Thank you so much. I really appreciate your comments and what a blessing. So, like I said, I definitely appreciate you guys commenting. And even if you, like I said, even if you leave an emoji or just a prayer symbol or just a smiley face, whatever, it doesn't matter to me.
Speaker 2: But the more comments we have.
Speaker 1: It'll push the show up the algorithm and it'll be exposed to more people, so which is good. It's called impressions. It's called impressions. And with impressions, it basically it's more people that the show will be recommended in their feed and then they can click it. And if they don't click it, hey, it is what it is. But if they do click it, hopefully they can end up clicking it and going to the Bible study and listening to the show. So, like I said, thank you guys so much for always being there every week listening in. Hopefully it's helping you and assisting you in your walk with the Lord. Like I said, it assists me. Sometimes I do have problems and issues just like you guys. You know, and like I said, you know, like last Monday was an example. I was just just over overtired, over exhausted. Sometimes I push myself to the limit. And even these last two days I didn't really get a chance to do a lot of study in the Bible because I was with two contractors and we were basically testing well so I have to turn a well off, turn it on, turn it off. I really didn't get a chance to and I had the contractor. He was from Boston, super cool guy. But he was in my truck driving around with me, and you know, I'm trying to keep him occupied and busy, and while I was driving him around, so you know, things happened. But you know, we kind of just do our best with what we have going on. I'm not blessed like some of these other podcasters were. They're actually doing this for a living. You know, they're able to kind of do this for a living, you know, where they have all these Patreon members and and and a lot of people listening and you know, to their show with ads. And I could have probably started out like that, you know, and I probably would have a lot of Patreon members too, but I just chose to go the re route. And then, you know, like I said, I started a Patreon probably like maybe what seven months ago, maybe five months ago, I don't know what it is, five or six months ago, started one just to kind of see just tell people, hey, if you want to support the ministry, then you can sign up. But yeah, there's a lot of people though that are actually doing it for a living. And it's really surprising because they some of the newer people that I know that actually are kind of their show's kind of blowing up, which is, hey, praise God. And I'm very happy because there they are. They're a conspiracy show. That the one I'm particularly talking about their conspiracy show. But they do have a lot of Bible stuff on it, and that's what I want to see. As long as there's somebody that is, I don't care. Any conspiracy show is fine with me. But I'm just saying I just like the fact that there's somebody that has conspiracy and Bible that kind of like how my show is. I like that that's out and it's getting big because people just need it, you know, it's definitely needed. So but like I said, we're gonna be on First Kings chapter four, and like I always say, you know, I appreciate every single one of you that listen and everybody that's tuning in.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: And if you, like I said, if you like the show and you like the everything we're doing here, just leave a comment. I don't make any more or less money off of your comments. But what it does, like I said, is push to the show up the algorithm and it shows cult conspiracy that I'm doing my job. So all right, so First Kings, Chapter four, we're going to go over the intro for First Kings. First First Kings four paints a vivid picture of a prosperous kingdom under a wise and just leader. Solomon's wisdom and administrative capabilities led to an era of peace, prosperity, and abundance. A testament to the benefits of wise and just leadership, this chapter encourages us to seek wisdom and understanding, for they are the pill of a prosperous and peaceful society. All right, so let's go ahead and start. We're going to be First Kings, First Kings. Chapter four of verse one Solomon's administration and yeah, so, so the people that are going to be mentioned are kind of like Solomon's cabinet, kind of like how Donald Trump has a cabinet of people. This is going to be Solomon's. You know, he's the king. This is going to be like his cabinet, if that makes sense. It says so King Solomon was king over all Israel, and we'll stop there. There's a reason why it says all Israel because after the death of King Solomon, the ancient kingdom of Israel split into two separate kingdoms, the Northern Kingdom and the Southern Kingdom. Of the Northern Kingdom of Israel and the Southern Kingdom of Judah. The Northern Kingdom consisted of ten tribes, while the Southern Kingdom made up of the tribes of Judah and Benjamin. The Northern Kingdom was made up of ten tribes and was led by King Jeroboam, and the Southern Kingdom was comprised of Judah and Benjamin, which is the capital Jerusalem. And it lasted longer than the Northern Kingdom, but was eventually conquered by Babylon. So this is why it says that he ruled over all Israel. Okay, And it says and there were these were his officials, Azariah the son of Zadok, the priest, elho Ref and Ahijah, the sons of Sheisha, scribes, Jehosaphat the son of a'l Helud, the recorder ben and Ayah the son of Jehodah over the army, Zaduk and Abathar the priests, Azariah the son of Nathan over the officers, Zibud the son of Nathan, a priest and the king's friend Aheshar over the household, and adam Aram, the son of Abdah, over the labor force. Okay, labor force being let's see what other word they would be used right there? Labor force? Is it slaves?
Speaker 2: Is it is.
Speaker 1: It a workers? I don't know, but we can definitely look into it has something.
Speaker 2: I want to see what it says. This is going to be first Kings four.
Speaker 1: And it's going to be.
Speaker 2: That's gonna be the verse six. It says was over the tribute. That's what it says in.
Speaker 1: The King James, gang or body of forced laborers, task workers, labored gang or banned or gang, forced service, task force. So it looks like labor band, gang overseers, forced service. It looks like the labor force is not like a hired force. It's like a labor slave gang or there's different words for it. And forced payment is what it says here. So somebody that owes money, Okay, they're gonna be So this guy son, it's gonna be Adam Aram is over.
Speaker 2: The labor force, okay.
Speaker 1: And who tribute is a word it's use task masters, tributaries, tribute. It's going to use through the the the King James it says tributes.
Speaker 2: Tributaries.
Speaker 1: Levy is another one. Levy is another word for that. I don't see the word slaves being used, though discs shall be discomfitted. Tributuary is another one that's used. They don't use They don't necessarily use the word slave. It's forced service, especially in their phrase and playing. Okay, I just kind of wanted to see properly. A burden is causing faint, A tax and form of forced labor. Okay, a tax, So yeah, it's enforced payment. Something has to do with somebody that owes money. So they're they're they're working their money off. Okay, And then let's go back over to my notes. So, so King Solomon ruled over Israel and first kings for one, Solomon's wisdom was evident in his ability to organize manage the kingdom, effectively appointing officials and governors to oversee various regions. So let's check out Solomon. Solomon, the son of David and Bathsheba, is renowned for his unparalleled wisdom and effective administration, which are central themes in the biblical narrative of his reign. His wisdom was a divine gift granted by God in response to Solomon's humble requests for discernment to govern the people of Israel. This wisdom is no only established, not only established Solomon's reputation, but also played a crucial role in the prosperity and peace of the Israelite kingdom during his reign. All right, we'll just go We'll stop there, because I think I already won over some of that stuff before, and next is going to be first Kings Chapter four. And Solomon had twelve governors over all Israel, who provided food for the king and his household. Each one made provision for one month of the year. These are the names Ben her In, the mountains of Ephrium, Ben Dekar and Macaws, Shaubim, Beth Shamish and el Ron, Beth Hannan, ben hassid In Orobath. To him belonged Saka and all the land of Hepper ben Abinedab and all the regions of Dor. He had to path the daughter of Solomon's wife as wife, the daughter of Solomon as wife, Bana, the son of a heliud in Tanakh Medigo, and all beth Sheen, which is beside ze z or ten below Jezreel from beth Sean to Abel, Maniloa, as far as the other side of jack Niem Ben Geber and Ramoth Gilead. To him belonged the towns of Jr the son of Manassa Manasi Manassa, I don't know, it's not like in Gilead. To him also belonged the region of our gob and Masham sixty, Bashan sixty large cities within the walls and Bronze Gate bars A, Hinda Dab the son of edo In Mahmiam I had Maz and Naftali is also bash Math the daughter of Solomon as wife, Banal the son of Hashai in A shah in A Loth Jehespat the son of Rue and Ishkar Shemai the son of Law and Benjamin Gerber, the son of Urai, and the land of Gilead, in the country of Chayon, King of the Amorites, and of ag king of Bashan. He was the only governor who was in the land interesting. Okay, So that is to eighteen, and then we'll go ahead and read Prosperity and wisdom of Solomon's reign. Judah and Israel were as numerous as the sand by the sea. And multitude, eating and drinking and rejoicing. So Solomon reigned over all kingdoms from the river to the land of the Philistines, as far as the border of Egypt. They brought tribute and served Solomon all the days of his life. Now, Solomon's provisions for one day was thirty cores of fine flowers, sixty cores of meal, ten fatten oxen, twenty oxen from the pastors, and one hundred sheep besides deer, gazelle, roebucks.
Speaker 2: And fatten foul.
Speaker 1: Okay, So the chapter details the daily provision for Solomon's household, showcase in the abundance and diversity of resources available during his reign. Of course, you see that. I mean, if you know there's some families and households. Let's say, if you have a family of five, and you have a buddy, that's like, hey, let's go in on a on a on a cow, and you can both go in on a cow. Sometimes you're able to split that in half and it lasts you like, you know, six to eight months. You know, if you and a buddy went in and they have a family of five, you have a family five in the last months we put it in the freezer, you know, and it lasts a long time. Now he doesn't even have one. He has ten fatten oxen, twenty oxen from the pastors. Okay, that's that's a lot of meat and food for one day. Okay, So the concept, I'll go over it real quick. The concept of diverse and abundant provision is a reoccurring theme throughout the Bible, illustrating God's ability and willingness to provide for his creation in various and plentiful ways. The provision is not limited to material needs, but it stads to spiritual, emotional, and communal aspects of life Old Testament foundations. In the Old Testament, God's provision is first seen in the creation narrative in Genesis one twenty nine that God said, behold, I have given you every seed, buried seed of the face of all the earth. Fruit contains seed, they will be yours for food. Here God provides a diverse array of plants and fruits chemistry in his abundant provision for humanity sustenance the account and the Israelites in the world. Inness further exemplifies God's provision. In Exodus sixteen, God provides manna and quail to feed the Israelites, showcasing his ability to meet their needs in barren Land Exodus sixteen twelve. The provision of the Promised Land is another significant example. In Deuteronomy eight seven through nine, describes as the land a land of wheat and barley, of vines and fig trees and pomegranates, and a land of olive oil honey, a land that will eat food without scarcity, where you will lack of nothing. This passage highlights the abundance and various resources God prepared for his people.
Speaker 2: The New Testament. Fulfillment.
Speaker 1: In the New Testament, Jesus Christ embodies God's ultimate provision. He provides not only for physical needs, but also for spiritual nourishment and feeding of the five thousand. Recorded in John six eleven through thirteen, Jesus multiplies five barley life and two fish to feed a multitude, illustrating his power to provide abundantly. And when they had eaten their fill, he told his disciples gather the pieces that are left over, so that nothing will be wasted. So they collected them and filled twelve baskets of the pieces of five barley loaves left over by those who had eaten. Jesus also spoke of spiritual provision in John six, verse thirty five, declaring I am the Bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never hunger, whoever believes in Me will never thirst. This statement emphasizes the sufficiency of diversity in Christ's provision for the deepest needs of the human soul the Apostolic teachings. The Apostolic writing continues to affirm God's provision in Philippians four, verse nineteen, paul A Schuer's believers, and my God will supply you all needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus. This promise in companies both material and spiritual needs, reflecting the comprehensive nature of God's provision, and then in James one point seventeen further underscores the source of all good things, every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of heavenly lights, with whom there is no chaine or shifting or shifting shadow. This verse highlights the consistency and generosity of God's provision. Practical implications, The Biblical theme of diverse, abundant provision encourages believers to trust in God's faithfulness, and generosity. It calls for a response of gratitude, stewardship, and reliance on God rather than on material wealth. The assurance of God's provision also inspires believers to share with others, reflecting the abundance they have received. Throughout scripture, God's provision is portrayed as both diverse and abundant, meeting the multifaceted needs of his people and demonstrating his love and care for all all creation. Okay, so just wanted to go over that with you, guys. It's called diverse an abundant provision, all right. And in verse twenty five, Judah and Israel lived in safety, every man under his own vine and his own fig tree. Have you done twenty five? And Judah, oh not yet, not yet? Nyet. Let's uh, let's go ahead and read that first before.
Speaker 2: I didn't remember reading that one.
Speaker 1: Okay, one sec here all right, now we're in verse twenty four. It says for he had dominion over all the region on this side of the river of tip Saw, even to Gaza, namely over all the kings on the side of the river. And he had peace on every side all around him. And Judah and Israel dwelt safety each man under his vine and fig tree, from Dan as far as Brasheba be Ersheba, all the days of It's all all right.
Speaker 2: That sounds like my cat.
Speaker 1: Sorry, all right, So now we've read twenty five, so let's go over the notes. Here it says Judah and Israel live safely, every man under his own factory, in his own figure, under his own vine and his own factory, from Dan to Bersheba, all the days of Solomon. This verse illustrates the peace and prosperity that characterized Solomon's reign, a direct result of his wise leadership and the So we'll go over the prosperity.
Speaker 2: Of Israel real quick.
Speaker 1: The prosperity of Israel is a recurring theme throughout the Bible, reflecting both material wealth and spiritual blessings bestowed upon the nation by God. This prosperity is often depicted as direct result of Israel's obedience to God's commandments and their covenant relationship with Him, and so throughout Israel's history, periods of prosperity often linked to the nation's faithfulness to God. Under King Solomon, Israel experience unprecedented wealth and peace. So as described in First Kings ten twenty three through twenty four, So King Solomon surpast all kings of the earth and riches in wisdom. The whole world sought to an audience with Solomon to hear the wisdom that God had put in his heart. Solomon's reign is marked by the construction of the Temple, which we're going to read about tunes soon. Read about tune symbolizing both spiritual and material prosperity. Okay, I just wanted to go over that with you. In conclusion, the prosperity of Israel, as depicted in the Bible encompasses both material and spiritual dimensions rooted in the nation's covenant.
Speaker 2: Relationship with God.
Speaker 1: It serves as a testament to God's faithfulness and blessings that flow from obedience and faith. Yeah, when you have obedience and faith together, you are dangerous, all right? Telling you you are a dangerous You will be definitely looked upon as an enemy of Satan because he does not want that, nor does the powers that be want that. They don't want you to have faith definitely and obedience. When you're doing both, you're dangerous. I'm telling you, all right. Let's check out first kings four verse twenty six. Solomon had forty thousand stalls of horses for his chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen. And these governors. Each man in his month provided food for King Solomon. For all who came to King Solomon's table, there was no lack in their supply. They also brought barley and straw to the proper place for the horses and steeds. Each man according to his charge. And let's check.
Speaker 2: Something out real quick. So I remember up here it said.
Speaker 1: It says one day was thirty cores of fine flowers.
Speaker 2: So what is a core?
Speaker 1: I think it's like two point seventy five leaders. I can't remember how much is a core.
Speaker 2: In the Bible. I can't remember.
Speaker 1: Oh uh, okay, ten ephas or one homer, which is approximately tune and twenty liders. A core is equal to ten epas okay, and ten t fas is one homer which is approximately tune and twenty leaders.
Speaker 2: Okay, So a course, so they got thirty cores.
Speaker 1: Wow, a core is equal to ten ephas it tell the capacity to two and twenty liters or five point five gallons if it's a liquid six bushels of is dry. The core was a large measure are used for significant quantities of goods that are like wheat and barley. This says six thirty cores of fine flour. That's a lot, all right, just put it that way.
Speaker 2: It's a lot.
Speaker 1: I don't know exactly the amount it is because it's kind of telling us and liquid and dried barley. But I want to see how much it is in flour.
Speaker 2: A core of flower. Maybe I should say thirty. I might hope.
Speaker 1: Thirty cores of flowers at ancient measure equivalent to two hundred and sixty.
Speaker 2: Four leaders of flour. Wow.
Speaker 1: So that's a lot of flour. Very very interesting. Okay, now let's go. Now we're in First Kings four, chapter twenty nine, our verse twenty nine. And God gave Solomon wisdom and exceeding the great understanding and largest of heart, like the sand of the seashore. Thus Solomon's wisdom excelled the wisdom of all the men of the East, and all the wisdom of Egypt. For he was wiser than all men than Ethan and Ezaheite, and Heman and chal Cole and Darda, the sons of Mahol, and his fame was in all the surrounding nations. He spoke three hundred he spoke three thousand proverbs, and his song were one thousand and five. And he spoke of trees from the cedar tree of Lebanon, even in the hitsap the springs out of the wall. He spoke also of animals, of birds, of creeping things, and of fish. And all men of all nations, from all the kings of the earth, who have heard of his wisdom, came to hear the wisdom of Solomon. So Solomon renowned wisdom, and God gave Solomon wisdom exceedingly deep insight, understanding beyond measure, like the Sin of the Seashore says in First Kings twenty nine. Solomon's wisdom was a divine gift that set him apart and attracted people from all nations to hear his insight. So that's a good way to stay alive, too, because if your wisdom and your insight is helping people to understand certain things of the past and certain things of the future, and prophecies prophetic and being able to assist people, it's a good way for them to want to keep you around, and also, if you have the wisdom, you're able to take care of the people. That's what he truly wanted because he knew that he was stepping in the shoes of King David. King David was an amazing king, so he wanted to make sure that he was able to do a good job. I think that this is the same thing on his divine wisdom. So we'll read about his divine wisdom real quick, all right, So divine wisdom of Solomon. Solomon's wisdom is attributed to a divine gift from God. In one Kings five five through fourteen, the Lord appeared to Solomon in a dream at Gibeon and said, ask for whatever you want me to give you. Solomon, recognizing the immense responsibility of ruling a great nation, requesting an understanding heart to judge for your people and discern between good and evil First Kings three verse nine.
Speaker 2: Please.
Speaker 1: With Solomon's requests, God granted him unparalleled wisdom, as well as riches and honor, promising that no king would ever compare to him in wisdom. It's good to go over that just in case somebody is new to this, you know, and just picking up the Bible study today. I know you guys kind of heard about that last week, and then demonstrations of wisdom. Woman's wisdom was demonstrated embarrassed ways, most famously on the judgment involving two women, which is in One Kings three verses sixteen through twenty eight, two women who claim to be the mother of the same child. Solomon proposed to divide the living child in two, giving half to each woman. The true mother immediately offered to give up her claim to save the child's life, revealing her identity Solomon. The judgment not only resolved the dispute, but also solidified Solomon's reputation for profound insight and discernment. The wisdom literature. Solomon's wisdom is also reflected and the Biblical literature attributed to him. He is traditionally credited for authoring much of the Book of Proverbs, Ecclesiastes and the Song of Solomon. Proverb is a collection of wy sayings teachings that provide practical guidance on how to live a life pleasing to God. Ecclesiastes explores the meaning of life and the pursuit of fulfillment. Why the Song of Solomon is a poetic expiration of love and desires international fame. It's kind of interesting he's getting fame from his wisdom. Solomon's wisdom and prosperity of his kingdom attracted the attention of rulers and dignitaries from distant lands. The Queen of Sheba visits a noble example. As a notable example, she came to test Solomon with hard questions, bringing a great caravan of wealth. After witnessing his wisdom and the splendor of his court, she was overwhelmed and praised the God of Israel. One Kings ten, verses one through nine, which we're going to get to maybe this week or next week, probably next week. Wisdom and governance. Solomon's wisdom extended to his governance and administration abilities. He organized the kingdom into districts, established a system of taxation, and initiated numerous building projects, including the construction of the Temple in Jerusalem, which becomes the center of israel worship. And that's going to be in the First Kings chapter five through seven, which we're going to go over in the next chapter. His reign is often seen as a golden age of Israel. Characterized by peace and prosperity legacy. Despite his wisdom, Solomon's later years were marked by a departure from his early devotion to God, influenced by as many foreign wives, which we're going to get to in One Kings, chapter eleven. So I don't want to even read about that because I don't want to give you spoiler alerts. It's like kind of telling you the end of a movie before even before you even read it.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we.
Speaker 1: Got that, and that is the end of the chapter. Chapter four. Let's go over some practical applications. Value of wise leadership is the first one. Just as Solomon's wisdom brought peace and prosperity, we should seek wisdom in our leadership roles, whether in our families, workplaces, or communities. Number two importance of organization. Effective administration and organization are crucial for managing resources and responsibilities, as demonstrated by Solomon's structured governance. Number three. Trust in God's provision. Recognize that God is the ultimate provider and trust in his ability to supply our needs abundantly, as he did for Solomon's kingdom. And number four seek divine wisdom. Like Solomon, we should earnestly seek God's wisdom in our daily lives, knowing that it is pressure a precious gift that can guide us in making sound decisions.
Speaker 2: Perfect.
Speaker 1: So we got one, two, three, four. That's going to be four practical applications for you guys. And let's go ahead and check out any additional scriptures that connect. So we have James one verse five. Now, if any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. This firse encourages us to seek God's wisdom, just as Solomon did. Next up, we have Proverbs three, verse thirteen through fourteen. Blessed is the man who finds wisdom, the man who acquires understanding, For she is more profitable than silver, and her gain is better than fine gold. Solomon, the ufer Proverbs, emphasizes the value of wisdom. I think he's calling wisdom. She okay, So it says, blesses the man who finds wisdom the man who acquires understanding, For she, meaning wisdom, is more profitable than silver, and her wisdom's gain is better than fine gold. Solomon, the author of Proverbs emphasizes the value of wisdom here in Proverbs three three through fourteen. When you first read that, you're like, huh, but you gotta just you know, obviously find out the context Philippians four, verse nineteen. And my God will supply all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ. Jesus's promised provision echoes the abundance experience through Solomon's reign Philippians four nineteen.
Speaker 2: Isn't that.
Speaker 1: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Let's see what it says Philippians four. And by the way, guys, it's reigning and it's raining pretty hard right now. And my God shall supply all your need according to his riches and riches and glory by Jesus, by Christ Jesus Philippians for seventeen. I seek the gift, hm, I can't remember force. It's Philippians for something. I don't remember what it is. Yes see, I'm tired.
Speaker 2: It's okay. Four nineteen is not let me see. I'll let me find out what it is now.
Speaker 1: It's bugging me.
Speaker 2: I can I can do all through Christ? Oh?
Speaker 1: It's Philippians for thirteen. Sorry, guys, I said four nineteen is that, So four thirteen is I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me. So Philippians for nineteen is and my God will supply all your needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus. This promise of revision echoes the abundance experience during Solomon's reign. Yes, amen, okay, well, we are done with chapter four, and as I told you guys before, now we're gonna be kind of moving into Solomon prepares to build the temple. So let me go ahead and pull up my notes here. So here is the intro to First King's Chapter five. First Kings five depict Solomon's wisdom and leadership, showing how he was able to use his relationship and resources to begin a monumental task. Monumental task the building of the Lord's Temple. This chapter inspires us to consider how we can employ wisdom and collaboration in our own lives to fulfill our responsibilities and achieve our goals. We are reminded that honoring God's name and keeping his covenant like Solomon, are at the heart of effective leadership. So yes, so effective leadership is keeping his covenant like Solomon, We're at the heart of affected leadership. Yes, honoring God's name and keeping his covenant like Solomon.
Speaker 2: Yes, amen to that, all right. So now he got one through six. Here we're going to read, all right.
Speaker 1: Solomon prepares to build the temple. Now, Hiram, the king of Tyree, sent his servants to Solomon because he heard that he had anointed him, because he heard they had anointed him king in place of his father, for Hiram had always loved David. Then Solomon sent to Hiram, saying, you know how, my father David could not build a house for the name of the Lord is God because of the wars which were fought against him on every side, until the Lord put his foes under the soles of his feet.
Speaker 2: But now the.
Speaker 1: Lord my God has given me rest on every side. There is neither adversary nor evil occurrence. And behold, I propose a I proposed to build a house for the name of the Lord my God. As the Lord spoke to my father David, saying, your son, whom I will say on your throne in your place, he shall build the house for my name. Now, therefore, command that you cut down cedars for me from Lebanon, and my servants will be with your servants, and I will pay you wages for your servants according to whatever you say. For you know, there is none among us who has the skill to cut timber like the Sedonians. Okay, let's go ahead and stop there. And it says Solomon's wisdom and diplomacy. Solomon's requests to Hiram, King of Tyree demonstrates his wisdom and diplomatic skills. He acknowledges the friendship between Hiram and his father David, and he seeks to continue his alliance for the temple's construction. And let's look a little deeper into Solomon's wisdom and diplomacy. Oh, you know what's going to happen is they're going to go right into that. Okay, So we already went over his divine gift of wisdom.
Speaker 2: So let's see what it says.
Speaker 1: About the diplomatic achievements. Solomon's wisdom extended beyond judicial matters to the realm of international diplomacy. His reign is marked by peace and prosperity, largely due to his strategic alliances and trade relationships. Solomon's marriage alliances such as his marriage to the Pharaoh's daughter in First Kings three verse one were instrumental in securing political stability and fostering peaceful relations with neighboring nations. Solomon's diplomatic skills are further evidenced by his extensive trade networks. He established a powerful fleet of ships, which, in partnership with Hiram, King of Tyree, brought wealth and exotic goods to Israel. In One Kings ten twenty two, the visit of Queen Sheba and in First Kings ten one through thirteen highlight Solomon's international reputation.
Speaker 2: She came to.
Speaker 1: Test Solomon with hard questions which I don't want to give you guys spoiler alerts.
Speaker 2: So let's just go to the conclusion out here.
Speaker 1: Solomon's wisdom and diplomacy are integral to to understand his reign and the golden Age of Israel. His ability to govern with discernment, establish peace through strategic alliances, and contribute to the cultural and spiritual heritage of Israel underscores the profound impact of his God given wisdom.
Speaker 2: All right, and in.
Speaker 1: First Kings five verse five, the significance of the temple. The temple was a dwelling place for the God's name, a central place of worship for Israel. Solomon's commitment to build the temple reflects his dedication to honoring God. He knows what God said to his father David, Hey, he knows that it's going to be his responsibility to build this. So he definitely had a commitment to building the temple. Now, what's the significance of the temple? Before we start getting into it being built, what's theificance of it? The Temple in Jerusalem holds profound significance and the biblical narratives, serving as a central place of worship, a symbol of God's presence and a foreshadowing of greater spiritual truths. Its importance is greater is woven throughout the Old and New Testament, reflecting its role in religious, cultural, and spiritual life of Israel. The temple as a dwelling place, the temple was considered the dwelling place of God among his people in First Kings eight, verses ten through eleven. During the dedication of Solomon's temple, it is recorded and when the priests came out of the Holy Place, the cloud filled the house of the Lord. I don't want to give you, guys any spoiler alerts. That's going to be in First Kings eight, which is going to be in a couple chapters from now. The temple was a place of sacrifice in worship. The temple was a crucial central location. Sorry, The temple was a central location for sacrifices in worship, as prescribed in the Mosaic law, if there is it has It was here that the Israelites brought their offerings and sacrifices to atone for sin and express.
Speaker 2: Devotion to God.
Speaker 1: Leviticus seventeen, verse eleven underscores the importance of blood sacrifices the temple as a symbol of covenant relationship. The temple symbolizes the covenant relationship between God and Israel. It was a tangible reminder of God's promises and his desires to dwell among his people. And Second Chronicle seven, verse sixteen, God declares, for now, I have chosen and consecrated this house so that my name may be there forever, my eyes and my heart will be there for all time. Okay.
Speaker 3: The temple and prophetic fulfillment, the destruction and rebuilding of the temple are significant themes in biblical prophecy. The Babylonian destruction of Solomon's temple in five eighty six b C. And the subsequent rebuilding under Ziah Baal are seen in the fulfillments of prophetic words. Hagi two verse nine prophesies.
Speaker 1: The latter glory of this house will be greater than the former, says the Lord of Hosts, And this place I will provide peace, declaring.
Speaker 2: The Lord of host declares the Lord of Hosts.
Speaker 1: The Temple and the New Testament, and the New Testament the temple will continues to hold significance, but its meaning is expanded. Jesus Christ and John two verse nineteen refers to his body as the temple. Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. The statement points to his death and resurrection, indicating that he is the ultimate fulfillment of what the temple represented. Furthermore, the apostle Paul speaks to the believers as the temple of the Holy Spirit in one Corinthian six verse nineteen. Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God.
Speaker 2: You are not known.
Speaker 1: This reveals the shift from a physical structure to a spiritual reality where God's presence dwells within his people. What's what's the eschatological temple? Wait, the stological temple? Sorry, The concept of the temple extends into esteological visions. In Revelation twenty one to twenty two, John describes the new Jerusalem, but I saw no temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple.
Speaker 2: The vision signifies the ultimate fulfillment of.
Speaker 1: God's presence of his people, where the need for a physical temple is surpassed by the direct presence of God.
Speaker 2: And the Lamb.
Speaker 1: The temple, therefore, is not merely an ancient structure, but a profound symbol of God's relationship with humanity, his redeentive plan, and the ultimate hope of eternal.
Speaker 2: Communion with Him.
Speaker 1: Okay, I just want to go over that because of the you know, we're gonna be talking about the building of the temple here, all right. So first Kings chapter five, verse seven. So it was when Hiram Hiram heard the words of Solomon that he rejoiced greatly and said, blessed be the Lord this day, for he has given David a wise son over.
Speaker 2: A great people.
Speaker 1: Then Hiram sent to Solomon, saying, I have considered the message which you sent me, and I will do all you desire. Concerning the cedar and cyprus logs. My servants shall bring them down from Limbanton to the sea. I will float them in rafts by the sea to the place you indicate to me, and will have them broken apart.
Speaker 2: There. Then you can take them away, and.
Speaker 1: You shall fulfill my desire by giving food for my household. Then Hiram gave Solomon cedars, cedar and cypress logs according to all his desire, and Solomon gave Hiram twenty thousand cores of wheat as food for his household, and twenty cores of pressed oil. Thus Solomon gave to Hiram year by year. So the Lord gave Solomon wisdom as he had promised him that there was peace between Hiram and Solomon, and the two of them made a treaty together.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's pause there.
Speaker 1: So collaboration and unity. The chapter highlights the collaboration between Israel and Tiree. Hiram provides cedar and cypress logs, by Solomon provides food or Hiram's household, showcasing and mutually beneficial partnership. Why is collaboration and unity important in the Bible? Well, collaboration unity are central theme of the Bible, emphasizing the importance of working together harmoniously for a common purpose. These concepts are foundational to the Christian faith, reflecting the nature of God is trinity and the call for believers to live in community. Unity is seen as a reflection of God's character and a testament of the world as his love and truth, and it's exemplified through Nehemiah for six and then the New Testament. In John seventeen twenty two, jesus prayer for his disciples highlights a signety of unity. I've given the glory you gave me so that you may be one as we are one. The Early Church. Also, the Early Church exemplified collaboration and unity, has seen in Acts two forty two through forty seven. The believers devoted themselves devoted themselves to the apostles, teaching fellowship and breaking.
Speaker 2: The bread and prayer.
Speaker 1: This unity was evident in their communal living and sharing of resources that led to the growth of the church. In spread of the Gospel there's also in spiritual gifts and collaborations of First Corinthians twelve Versus twelve through twenty seven is also those challenges to unity. Despite the biblical call for unity, the church has faced challenges such as division and conflict. In Philippians two Versus two through four, Paul encourages believers to be like minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose, and then conclusion. While the Bible does not shy away from difficulties in maintaining unity, it constantly calls believers to pursue it as a reflection of God's nature and testimony to the world.
Speaker 2: Through collaboration and.
Speaker 1: Unity, the church can effectively fulfill its mission and demonstrate the transformative power of the Gospel. So something that I've kind of learned, like I learned in you know, reading First Corinthians. I think it's around ten to be careful with divisive subjects. So I talked a lot about biblic cosmology in my day, okay, and I still do talk about it, and I still kind of bring it up to people. But I'm kind of learning more and more stuff about, uh, you know, how to handle that putting it on a show like Josh Monday Christian Conspiracy Podcast. It's all good, you know, because you know, we're talking about conspiracies and things that are kind of tough for people to understand anyways, right, And I'm in knowing by the title Josh Monday Christian Conspiracy you know that some of the subjects that I'd bring up are going to be maybe could be divisive in the church. It's stuff that you're not going to hear in the church. So I've been kind of learning from Paul and his teachings that there's a time and a place for.
Speaker 2: Everything, if that makes sense.
Speaker 1: So it's more important for unity than to than than to divide people. So my whole point there is that I'm just learning, you know, a lot of different things, especially going through the Bible, that of what's more important to the Body of Christ and to the church. Now when I'm with my buddies or I'm talking to my brother, or I'm talking to my on this Josh Monday Christian Conspiracy Podcast was my other show. I think it's it's good to bring up some things that challenge the church and challenge people. But when it comes to this Bible study or like a church setting, I think it's good to not be divisive, if that makes sense. So I'm just learning, guys, just like you guys are. I'm not perfect and I wasn't born perfect. And I also was not born to know about certain things, you know, because I feel strong about certain things.
Speaker 2: And it's hard for.
Speaker 1: Me to kind of stay quiet about it. But it's not that I want to stay quiet, but it's just, you know, you got to know how to bring it up to where it's not dividing people and it's not divisive. As soon as it becomes divisive, then it's not good for the church, if that makes sense.
Speaker 2: So when in a church setting or.
Speaker 1: A Bible study setting, you don't want to just drop like, hey, that the earth is flat and and so I think it's just as a time and place for that type of knowledge. Okay, So I just want to tell you guys that, So I'm maturing just like you guys are, and not saying that. Yeah, what I would say is I'm maturing as a Christian and I'm maturing as a teacher of the Bible, and that means that what comes with that is being able to hold your tongue even though you want to say something if it's going to be divisive, then like in a church setting, it's not good. So just kind of understand that. And my pastor that I that I have had, you know, Pastor.
Speaker 2: Daniel, I think that he knew that.
Speaker 1: So sometimes I would bring things up to him in church back in the back, like a while back, and he didn't seem like he wanted to talk about it, like he wanted to pass it off to this other gentleman, which was more of a apologist, so he would kind of pass it off to him. Hey, talk to him. So he's kind of used to that type of questions, and he would he would kind of speak to me, you know, in private where people aren't hearing. It's not like he's trying to hide anything. What he was trying to do is not to make anything divisive. So I understand now. But anyways, sorry, I'm getting off on a little tangent there, but it definitely had to do with what we were talking about. But let's get back to First Kings five verse thirteen. Oh, actually, hold on, it looks like God's provision and blessing. Okay, so what we have First Kings five twelve on here as well, So let's talk about that the succession and negotiation of cooperation between Solomon and Hiram illustrate God's provision and blessing on the endeavor to build the temple.
Speaker 2: All right, and then.
Speaker 1: Now we'll talk about First Kings five verses thirteen through sixteen, or actually thirteen through eighteen. And then I have some more stuff on my notes. So First Kings five verse thirteen says, then King Solomon raised up a labor force out of all Israel, and the labor force was thirty thousand men, and he sent them to Lebanon ten thousand a month in shifts, and there were one month in Lebanon and two months at home. Ad Anirim was in charge of the labor force.
Speaker 2: As we read.
Speaker 1: Earlier, Solomon had seventy thousand who carried burdens and eighty thousand who quarried stones, and who quarried stones in the mountains, besides three than three hundred from the chief chiefs of Solomon's deputies, who supervised the people who labored.
Speaker 2: In the work.
Speaker 1: And the king commanded them to quarry large stones, costly stones, and hoonstones to lay the foundations of the temple. So Solomon's builders high rooms builders, and the Gabulites quarried them, and they prepared timber and stones to build the temple. So what's going on here, let's check it out. It's an organized labor and leadership and throughout this whole entire portion here, So check that out. The concept of organized labor and leadership within the Biblical context can be explored through various passages that address work, stewardship, and the responsibilities of leaders. The Bible provides principles that can be applied to understand the dynamics of labor and leadership, emphasizing justice, fairness, and the dignity of work. Biblical foundations of labor. The Bible begins with the account of creation, where God himself is depicted as a worker. Genesis two fifteen states then the Lord God took the man and placed him in the garden of Eden to cultivate and keep it. This establishes the divine origin of work, betraying it as a fundamental aspect of human existence. The Book of Proverbs offers wisdom on labor, emphasizing diligence and integrity. Proverbs fourteen twenty three notes there is profit in all labor, but mere talk leads only to poverty. This underscores the value of hard work and the rewards it brings. When cautioning against idleness, justice and fairness and labor, The Bible advocates for justice and fairness in labor relations. Leviticus nineteen thirteen commands you must not defraud your neighbor or rob him. You must not withhold until morning the wage is due to.
Speaker 2: The Higher hand.
Speaker 1: This reflects God's concern for the fair treatment of workers and prompt payment of wages. In the New Testament, James five to four warrens, look the wages you withhold from the workmen who mode your fields are crying out against you, and the cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of hosts. This passage highlights the moral obligation of employers to treat their workers justly and define attention to injustices and labor. Leadership and stewardship. Leadership in the Bible is often betrayed as a form of stewardship, which leaders are accountable to God for their actions. Jesus Christ, the ultimate example of leadership, taught servant leadership in Mark ten forty two through forty five. Jesus instructs you know that those regarded as rulers of the gentiles lord it over them, and their superiors exercise authority over them. But it shall not be this way among you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant. Whoever wants to be the first must be a slave of all interesting the apostle Paul also provides guidance on leadership, particularly in the context of the church and one tim At the three of m Versus one through seventy outlines the qualifications for overseers, emphasizing the quality such as temperance, self control, and the ability to manage one's household well. These principles can be extended to leadership in other areas, including labor. What's the role of leaders and labor Leaders and labor can contexts are called to emulate Christ's example of servanthood and stewardship. They are to ensure that workers are treated with dignity and respect, fostering an environment where justice and fairness prevail Ephesians six y nine. Advisors and masters, do the same for your slaves. Give to your give up your use of threats, because you know that he who is both their master and yours is in heaven, and there is no favoritism with him. Conclusion, the Bible provides a framework for understanding organized labor and leadership, emphasizing the importance of justice, fairness, and servant leadership. These principles guide both workers and leaders and fulfilling their roles in a manner that honors God and upholds the dignity of all individuals involved.
Speaker 2: Okay, there we go. So that is the end of the chapter.
Speaker 1: I just wanted to go over that because that way we kind of know what's going on here, and you know, we're not looking at this like, oh, he's just got a bunch of slaves that he's just slave labor and all of them. There's definitely some organized labor and leadership that are behind it.
Speaker 2: Okay, so.
Speaker 1: We don't really know what's going on with these men. Do they owe money, are they just are they actually slaves?
Speaker 2: We don't know.
Speaker 1: Okay, we don't know the context of slavery back then all the way, a lot of people would say that slavery was you actually owed a family money or you owe people money, so then you were trying to go and work it off, you know. So all right, so that chapter is complete, that is chapter five complete, and we have some practical applications. The first one is seek wisdom and leadership. Like Solomon, we should seek God's wisdom in our leadership roles, whether in our families, workplaces, or communities. So if you're a lead at work, you're a supervisor at work, you're a main boss at work, you know, project manager, whatever, you should definitely seek God's wisdom in your leadership roles. Okay, Also when you're leading your family, we need to seek God's wisdom. And also if we're a leader in our communities, if you're a mayor, if you're city council, or if you are a city manager, whatever, you need to definitely seek God's wisdom in your leadership roles. We're not really seeing that in the city I live, and I live in California, and a lot of the people that are I don't really know too much about the faith of the city council on my personal city. I would have to check. But you know, sometimes you might see some people that might be liberal, might be atheists, and who knows, in different city councils and stuff like that that you kind of want to you know, pray that they start seeking God's guidance and wisdom. Value unity and cooperation. Value unity and cooperation. Embrace collaboration with others, recognizing that unity can lead to successful accomplishments of God's purposes. Number three commit to God's work. Dedicate your efforts and resources to projects that honor God, understanding that such commitments are acts of worship. And then number four is organized and plan effectively. Approach tasks with careful planning and organization, trusting that God and organization, trusting that God will bless our efforts when we work diligently. Okay, Next, we have additional scriptures that connect Proverbs three five through six. We always have this one. Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own, understanding in all your ways, acknowledge Him that He will make your path straight. This verse underscores the importance of seeking God's guidance as Solomon did and one Corinthians three, verse nine. For we are God's fellow workers, you are God's God's building. This New Testament passage highlights the concept of believers working together as part of God's spiritual building. And then Pesians four, verse three make every effort to keep the unity of the spirit through the bond of peace. This verse emphasizing the importance of unity as demonstrated the collaboration between Solomon and Hiram.
Speaker 2: That's the kind of.
Speaker 1: Verse I'm talking about, you know, where you know, make every effort to keep the unity of the spirit through.
Speaker 2: The bond of peace.
Speaker 1: Right, we want to It's like, we want unity, right, we want unity not division.
Speaker 2: Cool?
Speaker 1: Well, perfect, Now we got First King's five complete. Now we're going to be in chapter six. So we're moving right along today, and it's going to be Solomon builds the temple. So the construction of Solomon's temple in First King six, this is going to be the intro is a testament of God's faithfulness, meticulous design, and the transformative power of obedient sacrificial worship. The detailed descriptions serve not only as a architecture marvel architectural marvel, but also symbolized God's divine plan and his intimate presence among his people. As believers today, may we find inspiration in Solomon's obedience and commitment to create spaces in our hearts symbolically a temple dedicated to God. Okay, so let's go ahead and check out First Kings, Chapter six, verse one. And it came to pass in the four hundred and eighth year of the children of Israel had come out of the land of Egypt, in the fourth year of Solomon's reign over Israel, in the month of Ziv, which is the second month, that he began to build the House of the Lord. Okay, let's stop there quick the timing significance. In the four hundred and eighth year, and the Israelites had come out of the land of Egypt, and the fourth year of Solomon's reign and the month of Ziv, the second month, began to build the house. The construction of the temple marks a significant moment in Israel's history, symbolizing a new era of worship and national identity. What's the timing and significance of this? The concept of timing in the Bible is deeply intertwined throughout scripture. God's perfect timing is evident in the unfolding of his divine plan for humanity. The significant of time is not only seen in the purpose of prophecies, but also in personal lives of believers. With God's timing is often a source of comfort and assurance. Let's see the life of ministry, the second Coming, divine sovereignty, and Ecclesiastes. I'm just trying to see why would they they would send me to this. Okay, we're gonna go back and continue, all right, So let's continue us first Kings six verse two. Now the house which King Solomon built for the Lord, it's length with sixty cubits, it's with twenty and its height thirty cubits. The stuble in front of the sanctuary of the house was twenty cubits long across the width of the house and the width of the vestibule not vegetable, but vestibule extended ten cubits from the front of the house, and he made for the house. Windows were beveled frames. So the dimension and design the house that King Solomon built for the Lord is in my notes, was sixty cubits long, twenty cubits wide, and thirty cubits high. The detailed dimension and design reflect God's order and precision, emphasizing the importance of following divine instructions. The concept of dimension and design and the Bible often refers to the specific measurement and architectural plans given by God for various sacred structures, most notably the Tabernacle, Solomon's Temple, and the New Jerusalem. These dimensions were not merely architectural details, but carry theological significance, reflecting divine order, holiness, and the relationship between God and his people. So let's look at the Tabernacle first. The Tabernacle, also known as the Tent of Meeting, was a portable sanctuary used by the Israelites during their wanderings in the wilderness. The dimensions and designs of the Tabernacle were given directly by God to Moses on Mount Sinai. According to Exodus twenty five through twenty seven. The Tabernacle was constructed with precise measurements and materials including acacia wood, gold, silver.
Speaker 2: And the fine linen.
Speaker 1: And then Solomon's Temple, also known as the First Temple, was built in Jerusalem as a permanent dwelling place of the Ark of the Covenant. The dimension and design of the temple were revealed in King David by God and executed by.
Speaker 2: His son Solomon.
Speaker 1: Were revealed to King David by God and executed by his son Solomon. According to First King six and second Chronicles three. The temple was sixty cubits long, twenty cubits wide, and thirty cubits high. The temple's design included the porch, the Holy place, the most holy place. The porch was twenty cubits wide and ten cubits deep, which is probably going to go over right now.
Speaker 2: So I don't really want to give you as a spoiler alert.
Speaker 1: But what else do we have, Well, we got to understand that later we're going to have the New Jerusalem described and described in Revelation twenty one. It represents the ultimate fulfillment of God's design for his people. The dimensions and design of the New Jerusalem are symbolic if perfection of divine order. The city is described as a perfect cube, measuring twelve hundred stadia in length, width and height. The walls are one hundred and forty four cubits thick, and this city is constructed of pure gold with foundations adorned with precious stones. Revelation twenty one eighteen through twenty one. The New Jerusalem's design and emphasize the presence of God with his people, as there is no temple in the city for the Lord God and the lamp are its temple Revelation twenty one, verse twenty two. The city's gates made of pearls and its streets are pure gold, reflect the holiness and purity of God's eternal kingdom. What's the theological significance? The dimensions and design of these sacred structures highlight the importance of order, precision, and holiness in worship. They serve as a reminder of God's sovereignty and his desire to dwell among his people. The detailed instructions for the tabernacle and temple underscore the need for obedience and reverence and approaching God. The New Jerusalem. The New Jerusalem, with its perfect dimension, symbolizes the ultimate restoration and communion between God and humanity, where His glory illuminates the eternal city. So hold on real quick. I thought twelve hundred stadia was like fourteen hundred miles by fourteen hundred Let me.
Speaker 2: Just make sure, how twelve one hundred.
Speaker 1: Stadia, Yes, it's fourteen hundred miles, So you got it, says Measuring fourteen hundred miles.
Speaker 2: In length, width and height.
Speaker 1: The walls are one hundred and forty four cubits thick.
Speaker 2: One hundred forty four cubits.
Speaker 1: It's about two hundred and sixteen feet one hundred and forty four cubits, so it's two hundred and sixteen feet thick. So it's fourteen hundred in length, fourteen hundred miles in length, fourteen hundred miles in width, and fourteen hundred miles in height. The walls are one hundred and forty four cubits thick. Okay, that's two hundred and sixteen feet thick. Very interesting, Okay, So we got based on the biblical cubit about one point five or eighteen inches long than me asure in. It is famously associated with the wall of the New Jerusalem described.
Speaker 2: In Revelation.
Speaker 1: Two seventeen. So in meters, one hundred and forty four cubits and meters would be sixty four point eight meters uh in yards it would be seventy two yards. So all right, just wanted to go over that with you guys, the importance of the dimensions and the design. Let's continue reading first Keen six, verse five. Against the wall of the temple, he built chambers all around against the walls of the temple, all around the sanctuary and the inner sanctuary. Thus he made side chambers all around it. The lowest chamber was five cubits wide. Remember that a cubit is one point five feet, okay, one cubit. The middle was six cubits wide, the third was seven cubits wide. For he made arrow ledges around the outside of the temple so that the support beams would not be fastened into the walls of the temple. And the temple when it was being built, was built with stone finished at the quarry, so that no hammer or chisel or any iron tool was heard in the temple while it was being built. The doorway of the middle story was on the right side of the temple. They went up, They went by stairs to the middle story.
Speaker 2: From the middle to the third.
Speaker 1: So he built the temple and finished it, and he paneled the temple with beams and boards of cedar, and he built side chambers against the entire temple, which each five cubits high, and they were.
Speaker 2: Attached to the temple with cedar beams.
Speaker 1: Let me make sure I'm not missing anything here. We got spurs twelve, which we're going to get you right now, okay, Onet King six verse eleven. Still, then the word of the Lord came to Solomon concerning this temple which you are building. If you walk in my statutes, execute my judgments, keep all my commandments, and walk in them, then I will perform my word with you which I spoke to your father, David, and I will dwell among the children of Israel, and will not forsake my people Israel. All right, So that is a promise of God's presence. As for the temple as you're building, Yeah, so that's going to be so. In First Kings six, verse twelve, God promises to dwell among his people is conditional upon their obedience and faithfulness. Okay. So the promise of God's presence is a central theme throughout the Bible, offering comfort, guidance, and assurance to believers. This promise is woven into the fabric of pas scripture, from the Old Testament to the New Testament, is foundational for the relationship between God and his people. The presence of God is introduced to the creation narrative, where God walks with Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden Genesis three, verse eight, and then the intimate relationship follows is disrupted by sin. Yet God continually seeks to duel among his people. And Exodus, God promises his presence to Moses and the Israelites is the Journal from Egypt, journey from Egypt to the Promised Land. Exodus thirty three fourteen, God assures Moses, my presence will go with you, and I will give you rest. The Tabernacle and later the temple serve as a physical manifestation of God's presence among his people. And Exodus twenty five, verse eight, God instructs the Israelites to build a sanctuary so that he may dwell among them. The ark of the Covenant hows within the most Holy Place symbolizes God's throne as abiding presence with Israel. The Psalms frequently celebrate God's presence is a source of refuge and joy. Psalm sixteen eleven declares, you make known to me the path of life. Your presence, fulfilledness of joy, your right hand are pleasures. Furthermore, the Psalmist often expresses a deep longing for God's presence, recognizing that it is essential for life and blessing prophetic assurance. So in Isaiah forty one to ten, it says, do not fear. I am with you and do not be dismayed, For I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Jeremiah twenty three twenty three through twenty four says, am I only a God nearby, declares the Lord, and not a God far away? Can anyone hide in seecret places that I cannot see them?
Speaker 2: Declares the Lord? Do I not feel the heavens and earth? Declares the Lord.
Speaker 1: This passage affirms that God's presence is not confirmed with a specific location, but permeates all of creation.
Speaker 2: Do I not fill the heaven and the earth? Interesting? Okay?
Speaker 1: So throughout scripture the promise of God's presence, of the profound assurance that God is intimately involved in the lives of his people, guiding and protecting it, sustaining them through every circumstance, and obviously in the New Testament, Jesus, I think is God in the flesh. So he comes and he's actually in the presence of people. In First Matthew one twenty three, Jesus called the Manual meaning God is with us right. So through his life, death and resurrection, Jesus embodies God's presence among humanity offering redemption and reconciliation. Okay, So yeah, just want to let you guys know that. And then next will be once I get to one kings nineteen, I'll have six nineteen, I'll have some warm so salt.
Speaker 2: Oops, don't do that. Don't do that. Okay.
Speaker 1: So Solomon built the temple and finish and he built the inside walls of the temple with cedar boards from the floor to the temple to the ceiling. He paneled the inside with wood, and he covered the floor of the temple with planks of cyprus. Then he built the twenty cubit room at the rear of the temple from Florida ceiling with cedar boards. He built it inside as the inner sanctuary, as the most holy place, and in front of the temple. Sanctuary was forty cubits long. The inside of the temple was cedar carved with ornamental buds and open flowers. All was cedar. There was no stone to be seen. And he prepared the inner sanctuary inside the temple to set the ark of the covenant to the Lord there. The inner sanctuary was twenty cubits long, twenty cubits wide, and twenty cubits high. He overlaid it with pure gold and overlaid the altar of cedar. So Solomon overlaid the inside of the temple with pure gold. He stretched gold chains across the front of the Inner Sanctuary and overlaid it with gold. The whole temple was overlaid with gold until he had finished all the temple. Also, he overlaid with gold the entire altar that was by the Inner sanctuary.
Speaker 2: So, uh oops, let me just go ahead.
Speaker 1: And check out what it says here the Inner Sanctuary. He prepared the Inner Sanctuary with the temple to set the ark of the covenant for the Lord. In the first Keen six verse nineteen, which we just kind of read about, the Inner Sanctuary of the Holy of Holies was the most sacred place, representing God's presence and the heart of Israel's worship. Let's read a little bit about the Inner Sanctuary. So, the Inner Sanctuary often referred to as the most holy place or Holy of Holies, as a significant element in the Biblical description of the tabernacle on the temple, serving as an earthly dwelling place of God's presence among his people. The sacred space is central to the worship and religious life of ancient Israel, symbolizing the holiness and majesty of God. The concept of inner sanctuary is first introduced in the construction of the Tabernacle during the Wilderness period under moses leadership, according to Exodus twenty six thirty three through thirty four, where it says, hang the veil from the collapse, and place the ark of the Testimony the Ark of the Covenant behind the veil. The veil will separate the holy place from the most holy place, but the mercy seat on the ark of the Testimony is the most holy place. And then the inner sanctuary housed the Ark of the Covenant, which contained the stone tablets of the Ten Commandments, erins rod that budded, and a jar of Mana, aarons, rod that butted, and a jar of Mana Hebrews nine to four. The ark was topped with the mercy Seat, which where the presence of God was believed to dwell and from where he would communicate with Moses Exodus twenty five, verse twenty two, and Solomon's temple, which is one that we're talking about now. The inner sanctuary was a cube measuring twenty cubits of each side. First King six, verse twenty It overlaid with pure gold, emphasizing its sanctity and the glory of God. The entrance of the Inner Sanctuary was guarded by two large cherubim, also overlaid with gold, whose wings were spanned the entire width of the room, First King six, twenty three through twenty eight. What's the theological implications? The Inner Sanctuary holds profound theological significance. It represents the holiness of God and the separation between God and humanity due to sin. The restricted access underscores the need for meditation and atonement, which is fulfilled in the New Testament through Jesus Christ. At the moment of Christ's death, the veil of the Temple was born in two from the top to the bottom, symbolizing the removal of the barrier between God and humanity and the granting believers direct access to God through Christ. Matthew twenty seven, verse fifty one. If it would have torn from the bottom to the top, it would look like man did it. But it actually tore from the top to the bottom, which you could tell that it was something that God did. It was very interesting. The Inner sanctuary thus serves as a powerful symbol of God's desire to dwell among his people and his means by which he provides for reconciliation and communion with him. It foreshadows the ultimate fulfillment of God's presence with his people in the person of Jesus Christ and the indwelling of the Holy Spirit and the hearts of believers. Like I told you, guys, we have something that we just sometimes don't even recognize. You know, we have Jesus as our high priest. And like it says there him dying on the cross, it symbolizes the removal of the barrier between God and humanity because when we come to Jesus, we come to God. You know, Jesus is our brid He's our mediator, right, So it's like we come in Jesus's name. That means that we are speaking to God. And that's the way God sees us. He sees us as like his son Jesus, who is sinless. It's really interesting and it's amazing. You know, we are so blessed and we don't even realize it. You know, we're able to go and pray to God, you know, whenever we want, and you know, and we some of us don't even pray, you know, and some of us don't even ask God for anything. And some people don't pray to God at all, and some believers don't pray to God at all. Some people that are proclaimed to be Christians, they don't even pray. So, you know, there's a lot to it, a lot of things that we don't realize that we have. And people that are atheists obviously have no idea.
Speaker 2: But it's just.
Speaker 1: Man, they don't even know the blessing of what we have, all right. So first King six verse twenty three, inside the inner sanctuary, he made two cheruboom of olive wood, each ten cubits high. One wing of the cherubroom was five cubits and the other wing of the cheruboom five cubits ten cubits from the tip of the one wing to the tip of the other, and the other cherub was ten cubits. Both cherruboom were of the same size and shape. The height of the cherub was ten cubits and so was the other cherub. Then he set the cheruboom inside the inner room, and they stretch out the wings of the cheruboom so that the wing of the one touched one wall, and the wing of the other cheruboom touched the other wall, and their wings touch each other in the middle of the room. Also he overlaid the cheruboom with gold. Then he carved all the walls of the temple, all around both the inner and outer sanctuaries with carved figures of cheruboom, palm trees and open flowers. And the floor of the temple he overlaid with gold both the inner and outer sanctuaries. For the entrance of the inner sanctuary he made doors of olive wood. The lintel and doorposts were one fifth of the wall. The two doors were of olive wood, and he carved on them figures of cheruboom, palm trees and open flowers, overlaid them with gold, and he speared gold spread gold on the cheruboom and all the palm trees. So for the door of the sanctuary he must have. For the door of the sanctuary, he also made doorposts of olive wood one fourth of the wall, and the two doors were of cypress wood. Two panels compromised one folding door, and mantals two panels compromised the other folding door. Then he carved cheruboom palm trees and open flowers on them, and overlaid them with gold applied evenly on the carved work. And he built the enter court with three rows of hon stone and a row of cedar beams. And the fourth year of the foundation of the House of the Lord was laid in the mouth of Ziv, and the eleventh year in the month in the mouth. See this is what this is what I get for doing a podcast so late. It's in the month of Ziv.
Speaker 2: Sorry.
Speaker 1: And in the eleventh year, in the month of bull which is the eighth month, the house was finished in all its details and according to its plans. So he was seven years in building it, Okay, So I could kind of look up those real quick. What is the month of Ziv?
Speaker 2: What is the month of.
Speaker 1: Ziv and bue Ziv and buell a ancient names for months in Hebrew calendar that corresponded to the modern months of April through May in Chevsvon or marjavon October through November, respectively. Ziv, the second month of the biblical Sacred calendar, means brightness or splendor. Buell is the eighth month of the ecclesiastical calendar and corresponds with the month of Marchievn in the modern calendar mars Sevan mar Cheshaven in.
Speaker 2: The modern calendar.
Speaker 1: ZIV. Modern month is ir approximately April through May and Buell chev Zevon or March marches Evan approximately October through November. Just say, you guys know, so in the fourth year of the foundation of the House of the Lord, which is late in the month of May through April, and in the eleventh year of the month Buell, which is October through November, which is the eighth month, the house was finished in all its details and according to all its plans. So he was the seven years in building it. So it took him seven years to build it perfect.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: How interesting. All right, So let me go ahead and go over some practical applications for this chapter. Obviously, all the stuff that I'm reading right there is just kind of talking about the building of the temple. I wanted to talk about the inner sanctuary obviously because that's super important, but these other parts are just kind of, you know, just details on you know, very detailed accounts of the Solomon's Temple or God's Temple. But they call it Solomon's temple because it was built obviously during.
Speaker 2: The time of Solomon.
Speaker 1: It says, so practical applications, we have reverence in worship, just as the temple was built with care and reverence. Our worship should reflect the deep respect for God's holiness, obedience to God's instructions, following God's Following God's commands leads to his presence and blessings in our lives, just as it did for Solomon. And then building a spiritual temple. Consider how you are building your life as a spiritual temple for God, ensuring that it's place, that it is a place where He is honored and glorified. Yes, Amen, Amen to that. That's the three practical applications with this chapter obviously is not going to be as many because it's kind of hard to come up with practical applications when it's mostly about the building of the temple. Right connections to additional scriptures we have Exodus twenty five eight through nine. Then have them make a sanctuary for me so that I may dwell among them. You must make the tabernacle and design all its furnishings according to the pattern.
Speaker 2: I will show you this.
Speaker 1: Passage connects the idea of God dwelling a longest people and the importance of following his design. Also, we have on Corinthians three, verse sixteen, do you not know that your you, yourselves are God's temple and that God's spirit dwells in you. This New Testament verse highlights the concept of believers as the temple of God, emphasizing the need for holiness. All right, So that's one Corinthians three, verse sixteen. So that is we are done with chapter We are done with chapter six. And sounds like my dogs are.
Speaker 2: In the bathroom. They yeah there, yep. They were kind of nipping at each other. It sounded like they were fighting a little bit. But I think they're okay.
Speaker 1: All right, So since it's raining outside, I have to have them inside. And if I have them in my if I have them been here in the kitchen with me, they're going to be very loud. So let's go ahead, and okay, we're gonna we're gonna be in chapter seven now. And let's see how long chapter seven is, because we're we got about okay, we got a little bit of seven, all right, perfect, we have we have a like good fifteen minutes. So maybe twenty minutes. So all right, let me just go over the intro to First King seven. First King seven invites us to marvel at God's inspired design through the lens of human craftsmanship and dedication. Solomon's dedication to creating a space of beauty and reverence for God challenges us to consider how we are using our talents and resources to honor God. This chapter reminds us that no effort is too extravagant when it comes to serving and worshiping the Lord.
Speaker 2: All right, there we go.
Speaker 1: So that's the Solomon's place of our palace construction. First King seven, verse one through twelve. So it's gonna talk about Solomon's alice here one through twelve. So let's go ahead and check that out. First King seven, chapter verse one. But Solomon took thirteen years to build his own house, so we finished all his house. He also built the House of the Forest of Lebanon. Its length was one hundred cubits. It's with fifty cubits and its height thirty cubits, with four rows of cedar pillars and cedar beams on the pillars, as it was paneled with cedars above the beams that were on forty five pillars, fifteen to a row. There were windows with bevel frames in three rows, and window and window was opposite window.
Speaker 2: In three tiers.
Speaker 1: And the doorways and doorposts had rectakes in their frames, and the window was opposite, and the window was opposite window in three tiers. He also made a hall of pillars. Its length was fifty cubits and its with thirty cubits, and in front of them was a portico with pillars, and canopy was in.
Speaker 2: Front of them.
Speaker 1: Then he made a hall of the throne, the hall of judgment, where he might judge, and it was paneled with cedar from Florida's ceiling. And the house where he dwelt had another court inside the hall. Of like workmanship, Solomon also made a house like this hall for Pharaoh's daughter, whom he had taken as wife. All these were of costly stones, cut the size trim with saws inside and out from the foundation of the eaves, and also on the outside of the great court. The foundation was costly stones, large stones some ten cubits and some eight cubits, and above were costly stones hoon to size and cedar wood. The great court was enclosed with three rows of homestones and the row of cedar beams. So where the inner court to the house the Lord and the vestibule of the temple.
Speaker 2: Okay, so.
Speaker 1: Ah, very interesting. It's kind of interesting. It took him seven days to finish God's house, but it took him thirteen sorry, seven years to finish God's temple, but it took him thirteen years to do his own house. So very interesting. So in First Kings seven one through twelve, which we just read, describes the construction of Solomon's palace, which took thirteen years to complete. This highlights the importance of patience and dedication in building something.
Speaker 2: Of lasting value.
Speaker 1: So Solomon's Palace, a significant architectural achievement in each in Israel. Is detailed in the Biblical News, primarily in fet King seven. This grand construction project followed the completion of the temple. Following the followed the completion of the temple, reflecting Solomon's wealth, wisdom, and the prosperity of his reign, the palace complex served not only as the royal residence but also as a center for governance and administration.
Speaker 2: So that makes sense.
Speaker 1: So he also has this, you know, like it said, there's a court and stuff for them to govern and to judge. So yeah, he does have a governance and administration center there. When the biblical account, the construction of Solomon's palace took thirteen years. As recorded in the First King seven, verse one, the palace complex included several distinct structures which we kind of went over. The House of the Force of Lebanon, the house of the Hall of Pillars, the Hall of the Throne, which is the hall of judgment, the royal residence we talked about, the house of Pharaoh's daughter. The construction of Solomon's palace utilized by Lebanon is talked about in One King seven thirteen through fourteen, and what it says is the construction of Solomon's temple as described in the biblical narrative, underscores the themes of divine blessings and wisdom. Sorry the construction of Solomon's palace as described in the biblical narrative, underscores the themes of divine blessing, wisdom, and the responsibilities of leadership. It serves as a testament to Solomon's reign and historical significance of its contributions to Israel's legacy just wanted to go over that. And then verses two through five detailed the House of the Forest in Lebanon, significant part of Solomon's palace complex, known for its grandeur and use of cedar symbolizing strength and beauty. Then the Hall of Pillars, which is talked about in verses six to seven, describes these hall as emphasizing the importance of justice and governance in Solomon's reign. Now, from verses thirteen through forty five introduces Hiram, his skilled craftsman from Tyree who was instrumental in crafting the temples bronze furnishings. His work exemplifies the use of God given talents for his glory. So, Hiram a Biff, is somebody that the Freemasons try to.
Speaker 2: Talk about, you know.
Speaker 1: And I don't want to get into divisive subjects here, but.
Speaker 2: This is the guy right here.
Speaker 1: This is Hiram. This is the one that the Freemasons try to say.
Speaker 2: Hiram Abyff is.
Speaker 1: The first Mason, you know, and they use this, they use us quite often in their free Mason tends. But we're not going to go over that. Now, we're talking about something different. We're talking about the Bible, so let's not let that bother us and sidetrack us.
Speaker 2: Okay, So.
Speaker 1: Let's go ahead and read from the craftsmen. Now, King Solomon sent and brought Hyrum from Tyree. He was the son of a widow from the tribe of Natali, and his father was a man of Tyrie, a bronze worker. He was filled with wisdom and understanding and skill and working with the kinds of bronze work. So he came to King Solomon and did all his work the bronze pillars of the temple. And he cast two pillars or bronze, each one eighteen cubits high, and a line of twelve cubits measured the circumference of each. Then he made two capitals of cast bronze to set on the tops of the pillars. The height of one capital was five cubits, the height of the other cap the other capital, was five cubits. He made a latist network like wreaths of chain work for the capitals which were on top of the pillars, seven chains from one capital and seven for the other capital. Then he made the pillars and two rows of pomegranates above the network all around to cover the capitals that were on top, and thus he did for the other capital. The capitals which were on top of the pillars in the hall were in the shape of lilies four cubits. The capitals of the two pillars also had pomegranates above by the convex surface which was next to the network. There were two hundred such pomegrants and rows in each of the capitols all around. Then he set up the pillars by the vestibule of the temple. He set up the pillar on the right. He called this name Jacquine. And he set up the pillar on the left and called its name Boaz. The tops of the pillars were on the shape of lilies. So the work of the pillars were finished. So that's twenty two. The sea and the ox. And he made the sea of cast bronze ten cubits from one brim to the other.
Speaker 2: Excuse me. It was completely round.
Speaker 1: Its height was five cubits, and a line of thirty cubits measured its circumference. Below its brim was ornamental buds and circling it all around ten to a cubit. All the way around the sea. The ornamental buds were cast in two rows which were cast. It stood on twelve oxen, three looking toward the north, looking toward the north, three looking toward the west, three looking toward the south, and there was and then three looking toward the east. The sea was set upon them, and all the back parts pointed inward. It was a handbread thick, and its brim was shaped like the brim of a cup, like a lily blossom. It contained two thousand baths. The carts of the lavras. He also made ten carts of bronze. Four cubits was the length of each cart, four cubits its width and three cubits its height, and this was the design of the carts. They had panels of the panels. They had panels, and the panels were between frames. On the panels that were between the frames were lions, oxen and chairboom, and on the frames was a pedestal on top. Below the lions and oxen were wreaths and planed work. Every cart had four bronze wheels and axles of bronze, and the first four had supports. Under the labor were supports to cast bronze beside each wreath its opening inside The crown of the top was one cubit in diameter. The opening was round shaped like a pedestal, and one half cubits in outside diameter. And also on the opening were engravings, but the panels were square, not round. Under the panels were four wheels, and the axles of the wheels were joined to the cart. The height of a wheel was one and a half cubits. The workmen shit of the wheel was like the workman shit of a chair will Their axle pins, their rims, their spokes, and their hubs were all part of cast bronze. There were four supports of the four corners of each cart. Its supports were part of the cart itself. On the top of the cart, at the height of a half cubit, it was perfectly round. On the top of the cart, its flanges and its panels were of the same casting on the plates of its flanges. On the panels he engraved cheruboom lions and palm trees, whether there was a clear space on each their wreaths all around. Thus he made the ten carts. All of them were the same mold, one measure and one shape. Then he made ten levers of bronze, each lever contained forty baths, and each lever was four cubits. On each of the ten carts was a lever. And he put the five carts on the right side of the house and five on the left side of the house.
Speaker 2: He set the sea on the right side of the.
Speaker 1: House toward the southeast. Furnishings of the temple. We'll go forty to forty five, and.
Speaker 2: Then I have some notes.
Speaker 1: Okay, Hiram made the lavers and the shovels of the bulls. So Hiram finished doing all the work that he was to do for the King Solomon. For the house of the Lord, the two pillars, the two bowl shaped capitals were on top of the two pillars, and the two networks covering the two bowl shaped capitals which were of the top pillars. Four hundred pomegrants for the two networks, two rows of pomegrants for each network to cover the two bowl shaped capitals that were on top of the pillars. The ten carts and ten lavas of the carts, one sea and twelve oxen under the sea, the pots, the shovels, and the bulls. All right, let's stop there.
Speaker 2: Alright, So.
Speaker 1: Let me make sure that forty five is were I need to stop yep so craftsmanship. So they introduced Hiram, a skilled craftsman in Tyrie who is instrumental in creating the temple's bronze furnishing. His work exemplifies the use of God given talents for his glory. Hiroom and master craftsman from Tyree is a significant figure in the Biblical context, particularly in the context of the construction of Solomon's temple. His expertise and artistry are highlighted, and several passages underscores his pivotal role and the realization of one of the most important structures in Biblical history. Hiram was offered as Hiram a Biff. He was referred to as Hiram Abyef in Masionic tradition, is introduced in the Bible as a skilled Artesian sent by King Hiram of Tiree to assist King Solomon. The biblical account, that's funny that that has that Maxonic tradition. There one King seven thirteen through fourteen describes him as a widow's son from the tribe of Natali and his father as a man a Tyrie. The mixed heritage under towards the collaboration between Israel and tire Is, a Phoenician Phoenician city renowned for its art, Artisian ship, and trade Phoenicians Yep. Hiram's primary contribution was the construction of the First Temple in Jerusalem, a project initiated by King Solomon. His work is detailed extensively in the First King seven and Second Chronicles two through four. Hiram was responsible for crafting various bronze works, including two pillars named Jaquin and Boaz, the Sea of cast metal, and numerous other furnishings and onet King seventeen fifteen through twenty two describes as two bronze pillars. We already talked about the sea of large basin used for ceremonial washing as another testament of Hiram's skills, which is a First King's seven twenty three through twenty six, So his legacy. Hiram's work on the Temple left a lasting legacy, as the temple it's self because a central place of worship and a symbol of Israel's covenant with God. His contributions are remembered as a testament to the collaboration between Israel and its neighbors, and an example of the use of artistic talent in the service of divine worship. Perfect all right, So let's go back and.
Speaker 2: Let's continue.
Speaker 1: All these articles which Hiram made for King Solomon for the House of the Lord were burnished bronze. So now we are in first King seven, verse forty six, in the Plane of Jordan. The king had them cast in clay molds between Seccob and Zaratan, and Solomon did not weigh all the articles, because there are so many. The weight of the bronze was not determined. Thus Solomon had all furnishings made from the House of the Lord, the altar of gold and the table of gold, in which was the showbread, the lamp stand of pure gold, five on the right side and five on the left, in front of their inner sanctuary, with the flowers and the lamps, and the with trimmers of gold, the basins, the trimmers, the bulls, the ladies, the censors of pure gold, and the hinges of gold, both on the doors of the inner room the most holy place, and for the doors of the main hall of the temple. So all the work that King Solomon had done for the House of the Lord was finished, and Solomon brought in the things which his father David had dedicated, the silver and gold, and the furnishings. He put them in the treasures of the House of the Lord. Wow. So temple furnishings, the temple furnishings, which this is gonna be in my notes. We're done with chapter seven. We're gonna be done. But let me just go ahead and refer to my notes real quick. The temple furnishings hold significant importance in the Biblical narrative, serving as both functional and symbolic elements within the sacred space of the temple. These items were meticulously crafted among according to divine instructions and played a crucial role in the worship and rituals of ancient Egypt. First would be the Arc of the Covenant, central to the of holies. The Ark of the Covenant was the most sacred of all the temple furnishings, construction of acacia wood and overlaid with pure gold, the ark of the House of the Stone, Tablets of the Ten Commandments, Aaron's rod, and a jar of Manna Hebrews nine, verse four. The arc was top with the mercy seat, where two cherrybooms faced each other with wings outstretched. It was there that God's presence was believed to dwell, from where he communicated with Moses Okay, Exodus twenty five, verse twenty two. The Altar of burnt Offering located in the temple courtyard. The Altar of burnt Offering was made of bronze and used for animal sacrifices. It was a place of atonement reconciliation, where offerings were made to God for the sins of the people the altar. The altar's design included a grafting of horns at each corner, symbolizing strength and salvation. Exodus twenty seven, Verses one through eight. The Bronze Basin, also known as the sea. The Bronze basin Basin was used by the priests for ceremonial washing before performing their duties. This large basin, supported by twelve oxen, was a symbol of purification and was essential for maintaining the holiness required for the temple service. First King seven twenty three through twenty six. The Golden lampstand Manora. The Golden lastam Or Monora was crafted with a single piece of pure gold and served featured seven branches that was placed in the Holy place and provided light within the temple. The minora symbolized the light of God's presence as his guidance and his people. Exodus twenty five, thirty one through thirty four. The table of showbred the table of show bird. It was made of acacia and overlaid with gold, had twelve loaves of bread, representing the twelve tribes of Israel.
Speaker 2: That's in Leviticus.
Speaker 1: Twenty four, verse five through nine. The altar of incense, but just position before the veil separating the Holy priest from the Holy of Holies. The altar of incense was made of acacia wood and overlaid with gold incense and was burnt on the altar every morning and evening, symbolizing the prayers of the people. That's an Exodus prayers of the people ascending to God Exodus thirty verses.
Speaker 2: One through ten. And then the veil.
Speaker 1: The veil was a richly imbordered curtain that separated the Holy Price from the.
Speaker 2: Holy of Holies.
Speaker 1: It was a physical barrier that only the high priest could pass through once a day on the day of atonement, could only pass through once a year, not once a day. Sorry on the day of Atonement, symbolizing the separation between God and humanity due to sin.
Speaker 2: The cheruboom.
Speaker 1: In addition the cherboom on the mercy se, large chairman figures are also placed in the Holy of Holies. These figures, made of olive wood overlaid with gold, stood as guardians of the divine presence, emphasizing the holiness and majesty of God. The temple furnishings is described as scriptures, were not merely decorative, but were integral in the worship and religious life of Israel. Each item had deep theological significance, pointing to the holiness of God, the need of atonement, and the covenant relationship between God and his people. I thought that was very important for us to go through because that's we've gone through all that stuff, but it's good for us to get a refresher on that. So it says we have four practical applications. Dedication are dedicate dedication in our work, just as Solomon dedicated years to building his palace. We should approach our task with diligence and commitment, recognizing that our work can honor God God next using our gifts for God's glory. Like Hirom, we are called to use our unique skills and talents to serve God and contribute to His kingdom. And then valuing justice and governance. The Hall of Judgment reminds us of the importance of justice and integrity and our personal and communal lives. And then attention to detail and worship. The detailed description of the temple furnishing encourages us to approach worship with reverence and attention to detail. Recognizing the holiness of God. Sometimes we forget that, including me. I don't even recognize it until I read Leviticus and all these others. You start reading the Old Testament, to be honest, That's why it's important to read the Old Testament and not just be like, oh, I'm reading the New Testament because all this other stuff doesn't matter. You won't even recognize the holiness of God unless you read the Old Testament and find out exactly why we needed Jesus in the first place. Now we realize why we have Jesus, and we appreciate why we have Jesus.
Speaker 2: It's amazing.
Speaker 1: Okay. Additional scriptures that connect would be Exodus thirty one, verses one through six. This passage highlights the Bezilil and Oa lab craftsmen filled with the spirit of God, paralleling Hiram's role in tuple construction. Then we have one Corinthians three, verses ten through fifteen, Paul speaks the building on the foundation of Christ, emphasizing the importance of quality and our spiritual work.
Speaker 2: Then we have.
Speaker 1: Colossians three twenty three through twenty four, encourages believers to work heartily as for the Lord, reflecting the dedication scene in Solomon Solomon's building projects. All right, so that is chapter seven complete. We are done. So now next week we will be on chapter eight. Praise God and thank you guys so much. That was a really good study. I really enjoyed it. Yeah, not so much commentary needed in some of those areas, you know, because like I said, we're talking about the building and the temple, and about Solomon's palace and certain things where they're talking about cubits and all these other things. I don't really need to give you too much commentary on it. But hopefully it went well. Hopefully you enjoyed it.
Speaker 2: Like I did.
Speaker 1: I love Wow, man, I love Sunday service because I'm not tired. I feel good because I was off today. I did do a podcast this morning at five thirty, but that's beside the point. Besides that, I'm I feel pretty good, so I really appreciate you guys tuning in and listening. Plus it's only ten o'clock, so I have a podcast small morning at five thirty in the morning, so I got to do another one tomorrow morning. And I've been very busy doing shows, and I just pray for me, like I said, pray for me. Pray for me, like like I try to pray for you guys, because what happens is I have you know, I get tired too, just like anybody else. I used to be able.
Speaker 2: To just just kick it, kick butt, kick it.
Speaker 1: I used to be able to kick butt. I used to be able to do podcasts at night, podcasts in the morning, podcast a night, podcasts in the morning. I won't even feel as tired. But just you know, I'm getting a little bit older now and it's just kicking my butt sometimes.
Speaker 2: But yeah, pray for me if you can, and I will pray for you guys.
Speaker 1: But like we always do, we like to end this in prayer, so let's do that. So probably God in the name of Jesus. Thank you so much for you know, this glorious time and also giving us time to do this Bible study. We appreciate Lord that the veil has been torn and now we're able to pray to you. You know, through Jesus he has bridged the gap, and thank you for that.
Speaker 2: Lord.
Speaker 1: I just want to pray for myself and everybody out there that if we're dealing with any spiritual battles, Lord, please be there for us. Don't allow these demons or the devil.
Speaker 2: To tempt us in any way.
Speaker 1: Lord, it says resist the devil, he shall flee, So help us to resist the devil. And please Lord, assist me with getting rest and also help me tomorrow morning on the podcast that I have I'm on someone else's show. Please give me the energy tomorrow and also the words to speak to edify you Lord, and all glory to you.
Speaker 2: Lord.
Speaker 1: Thank you for giving me the words to speak tonight, and also the study guides, and also the time and the patience and the energy to be able.
Speaker 2: To do this Bible study. Thank you God. Please help me on Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Service Lord, on Monday night, please assist me and starting at eight o'clock and ending at ten o'clock like I just did.
Speaker 2: Now, this is perfect, perfect, perfect perfect. Please assist me on doing that.
Speaker 1: Lord, I really want to say thank you and I appreciate you for everything you do. We love you and Jesus name Amen. Thank you guys so much for tuning in. If you want to check out my show, it's Josh Monday Chris ni Conspiracy Podcast.
Speaker 2: Like I said, I have a lot.
Speaker 1: Of interviews and things like that, and also I am slowly putting out these Bible study on there, so if you kind of want to go back and check them out on my Apple and Spotify. I do have ads and I do get paid from those. So if you feel like supporting the ministry, go and watch a couple episodes of my episodes. That would really be awesome and that'll help me and then maybe you learn a thing or two and also it would help me. You know, I don't want any money though, don't do that. Just watch the show that Josh Monday Christian Conspiracy Podcast and I would appreciate it, you know, watch it on Apple and Spotify, or just subscribe to my YouTube whatever you like to do. And anybody that's given that's doing comments on here, I really appreciate you. Anybody in the future when this comes out on YouTube and on Spotify, I appreciate every single person that has subscribed to YouTube, that has subscribed to Spotify, that has subscribed to Apple Podcast. Thank you guys so much. I really appreciate all of you. Much love to all of you, Thank you, and God bless you.