Speaker 1: Hey, everyone, Welcome into the Thinking Crypto podcast, your home for cryptocurrency news and interviews. I'm your host, Tony Edward. On your way in. Please let that subscribe button as well as the thumbs up button and leave a comment below. If you're listening on a podcast platform such as Spotify or Apple, please leave a five star rating and review. Okay, folks, let's quickly talk about bitcoin because we are still range bound in this sideways chop zone. It's kind of annoying, but Bitcoin is slowly creeping upwards. We're near seventy three thousand dollars, so we're going to see in the coming week, could we see some more strength along with the stock market. You know, everything has been kind of rallying on the stock market side since the ceasefire announcement between the US and Iran, but you know, that could be short lived. That situation is still volatile. There's a lot of uncertainty there. But our hope is that Bitcoin could continue this relief rally, potentially touch eighty k or go higher then roll over to the fifty k's. That's my thesis. Again, I could be wrong, right, We're gonna look at different scenarios and look at the probabilities of what has a likelihood to play out. And here I'll share two point of views from two separate analysts. One using Fibonacci analysis is calling for bitcoin to rally higher than eighty k, possibly over ninety k, which would put us at a six one eight Fibonacci and then a big dump in fact to to forty five K range before continuing higher later this year. So that's one scenario. The other is this is just simply a range bound sideways chop that retests the high it hit about a couple of weeks ago, about seventy seven thousand dollars, then it just dumps down to fifty K range. So I'm more leading towards this that it may overshoot and hit eighty k's look three thousand dollars more right, seventy seven thousand, and then roll over. So I'm in a camp of this happening, but we're gonna have to wait and see. Markets can certainly surprise us. And you know, I've been saying that I hope the reallyef rally continues and has enough strength where you can pull some all coins, but.
Speaker 2: That's not guaranteed.
Speaker 1: And one factor that could contribute to a rally potentially over eighty k is some good news on the Clarity Act, the Crypto Market Structure bill. So Treasury Secretary Scott Bessen he put out an opinion piece on the Wall Street Journal, and he tweeted out, Congress has spent the better half of a decade trying to pass a framework to ensure the future of finance. It's time for the Senate Banking Committee to hold a markup and send the Clarity Act to President Trump's deaths. Senate time is precious and now is the time to act. So we've been talking a lot about the timeline recently. The clock is ticking. If we don't get some sort of markup done this month and then you know we put should into May to get the passing done, we're gonna have problems because it's an election year, and you know time is going to run out and people are not going to be focused on bills.
Speaker 2: They're going to be focused on the elections.
Speaker 1: Right, So it's great that Scott Besston's coming out here leading the charge, putting out the article on the Wall Street Journal. But what's a good sign, and this is what has me optimistic that something could happen very soon because Brian Armstrong, CEO of Coinbase, retweeted what Scott Besson said and said, we agree. Thank you Scott Beston for saying it. It's time to pass the clarity at grateful for all the bipartisan work among senators and staff over the past several months to make this a strong bill. Now, the banks have been holding this up because they've been lobbying members of the Senate because they don't like that you can go earn a high interest or yield on platforms like coinbase. So we heard that some sort of compromise has been completed. We don't have the details yet. Coinbase is happy with it, and along with other industry players, you know, we could get that compromise solidified and then they can get this bill move forward, so that could spark their rally in the market. So we're gonna have to wait and see how it all plays out, but that would be huge, very very huge. And again there's a bit of a bier rumor sell the news event, so we're gonna have to watch out for that. So that's why we're going to continue to look at the charts first, then the news. But this is very very interesting and fingers crossed guys that we can get this done this month and we have a big rally again, not to new all time highs, but you know, just a very strong relief rally, and it aligns with what the stock market's doing and much more. Now, speaking of Coinbase, this is very interesting. This week Morgan Stanley launched their bigcoin ETF. Well, Brian Armstrong tweeted out that Coinbase has been named as a custodian for the Morgan Stanley Bigcoin Trust. He said institutional adoption continue regardless of short term price effects, so he spot on. The building that's happening is at an all time level. It's incredible, but the price doesn't match because we're in the bear market. However, as I've been saying, we get the Clarity Act pass in addition to other legislation that's being passed.
Speaker 2: Around the world. You have all these big.
Speaker 1: Tradify institutions building on rams such as ETF and different crypto products. What do you think is gonna happen the next bullmarket cycle? It's gonna be incredible.
Speaker 2: I think the.
Speaker 1: Super cycle kicks off, guys, and we're gonna see new all time highs. I think we're gonna see a much stronger bull run than we just had, you know, which was really lackluster. But we got to get through this bear market. So make sure you have the long term view.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: If you have the long term view, guys, a great place to invest in crypto and precious metals is on I Trust Capital. So I Trust Capital gives you an IRA to invest in over ninety plus crypto assets, even stable coins like ripples, r L, USD circles USDC, and precious metals like gold and silver. You can buy and sell these assets twenty four to seven. It's low cost and no monthly fee. But the big benefit is you get huge tax advantages. So many of you know you incur capital gains taxes when you sell in a profit. Of course, well you can reduce your tax implifications.
Speaker 2: By doing it via an IRA.
Speaker 1: And we know the US government itself is looking to position crypto and four to one K so this whole setup is coming right where a lot of money you're going to be coming into the crypto asset class. So if you are bullish on both crypto and precious metals, you can invest via the IRA with I Trust Capital and if you have an existing four to one k or IRA, you can roll it over to I Trust Capital's version.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I Trust also offers a premium custody account, and I believe this is the second safest way to custody your assets outside of self custody where you control the private keys, because they use institutional grade cryptoc so to use coinbas Prime, which black Rock uses, Fidelity Digital Assets, Fireblocks and many others.
Speaker 2: So great custodial.
Speaker 1: Service tier one institutional level and it's a closed loop system so if someone hacks into your account, they can't withdraw any funds guys, So it's really safe, and it's low fees and you can go in and out twenty four to seven of course. So really great solutions here being offered by I Trust Capital. I have an account with them, and if you sign up with my link you can get one hundred dollars funding bonus. So check them out. Go to I Trustcapital dot com, slash go, slash Thinking Crypto.
Speaker 2: The link will be in the description.
Speaker 1: Now, folks, here's some news I really don't want to talk about because it's really annoying and frustrating. It and I think many of you know how I feel about it. We have news here that Trump is going to attend a meme cooin conference later this month. According to Politico, this is of course around the Trump meme coin. And I don't believe any elected officials should have a thing like this.
Speaker 2: That this is really really bad, horrible optics.
Speaker 1: I've said it many times, and the fact that he's going to do this is really really annoying. I wish he would just stay out of these things, and you know, things like meme coin, even World Liberty Financial. I think his kids having some businesses like the American bitcoin mining companies, fine, but these things that are attached to him that have Trump brand on them and much more. They need to sunset these things. But look, I don't think we can control that. And look here we get reports that senators are questioning Trump's meme cooin event attendance, and of course it includes Elizabeth Warren. So by doing these things, he's also causing problems that could potentially block the claritiac. And this is the frust trading part. And I'm sure many of you saw this news, but there's a lot of controversy around World Liberty Financial. It borrowed millions from a protocol it owned, its own advisor co founded, so unchained data shows we're Liberty Financial deposited five billion of its own tokens as collateral to borrow so stable coins. It's sent to coinbase Prime, pushing a lending protocol to one hundred percent utilization and leaving depositors unable to withdraw. So essentially they minted this is according to what people are saying, they minted a bunch of their tokens and then went on board USDC against it. So right now there's a media social media frenzy around this and a lot of people are tweeting about it, and as a result, the WLFI token is down is down to twelve percent to all time lows after they did this, and a lot of influencers, a lot of people are calling it out so horrible optics.
Speaker 2: Man. Again, it's just ridiculous. Man. I wish the president.
Speaker 1: And these people who I think some people are taking advantage of the Trump name. They go to him and say, hey, we'll give you X amount of money, let us use this or build this with your name. You know, A bit of that is happening, and I wish somebody was advising him or he would take this up and say, hell no, I can't do that, right, but unfortunately here it is so today though the word liberty financial folks says, two days ago we repaid fifteen million dollars USD one on our WLFI markets position. Today we repaired another ten million dollars USD one. So the word liberty financial guys have been tweeting NonStop, trying to you know, combat all the information that's been put out there, and it looks like they're getting forced to own up.
Speaker 2: To some things here.
Speaker 1: So it's great that, you know, we're keeping them accountable and people are you know, exposing things and calling them out, but just shady stuff.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Again, I think this is just people on the outside are looking at this saying, look, these guys are scammers, right, They're trying this is like FTX minting your tokens, going and borrowing. It's FTX like So it really sucks. Anyway, let's move ahead. We got reports here that potential buyers are evaluating an acquisition of parts of the Gemini crypto exchange back by billionaire Winkle Bass Twins. Gemini has had a hard time, man, you know, I tweeted out about it, and I'll read that tweet because I think it's summarizes what's happening.
Speaker 2: I said, I'm not surprised by this.
Speaker 1: Gemini has always had a hard time grabbing market share from Coinbase and cracking, and the Genesis Earned situation was the nail in the coffin. They haven't recovered since. With that said, I'm chomping at the bit to see who acquires them. So again, they haven't been one of the largest exchanges out there. They've been around for a long time, the Winklevoss twins many they were in crypto for a long time. They filed for the first BIGCOININGTF. Their exchange should have been further along. It should have been like maybe Kracking. I wouldn't say it should have been like Coinbase, but maybe the size of krakeing. But for whatever reason, mismanagement or you know, I think in the early days they were avoiding a lot of all coins. They were very bigcoin only kind of right, and then the rest of the market moved past like listing all coins, and I think they were late to that game.
Speaker 2: And then that Genesis.
Speaker 1: Earned situation was really bad for them. But I'm curious who is going to acquire this exchange? Could it be like cracking? Could be you know some tradi fi companies who want to get into the crypto game, and they say, hey, look, Gemini's got the infrastructure.
Speaker 2: They do have a lot of licenses. They launch a prediction market.
Speaker 1: As well, and they would be a nice company to go acquire because they have a lot of these puzzle pieces and then you fix some of the problems obviously, So keep an eye on this, guys. Don't be surprised if I don't know, a JP Morgan or something goes in and boughts this company. So this is going to be very interesting. Okay, moving ahead. XRP adjacent Flair proposes protocol level MeV capture and forty percent inflation cut. So I am an XRP holder and a Flare token holder. I of course got the snapshot from back in the day, and I hold a good amount of Flare tokens that I'm hoping the next bowlmarket cycle it can do well. So propose a governance overhaul to capture maximal extractable value MeTV at the protocol level and redirected from external searchers and builders to the network itself. The plan introduces a three stage redesign of block building and a new Flare Income Reinvestment entity to channel MeV and other protocol revenues into Flare buybacks and token burns, while cutting annual inflation to three percent.
Speaker 2: The proposal would.
Speaker 1: Sharply increase the base gas fee and boost annual token burns even as typical transactions remain under a cent. So great to see that upgrades and expansions continue to happen here with the Flare network. Now, on the tokenization front, this is interesting. Securitize, which is of course the major tokenization firm. They help black Rock to tokenize and start their Biddle fund, and black Rock is actually an investor in securities and they are looking to go public. So you know, this has been mentioned many times, I think via spac. Well, they named an ex sec official, Brett Redfern, as president ahead of public listening. So this is an interesting one. And we've seen this with many other companies. They'll bring in certain people of a certain caliber and position and expertise and you know, before they go public. So this will be big, right, another crypto company going public and you know, essentially the leader in tokenization as far as a crypto native firm. And I remember interviewing Jamie Finn, one of the co founders, back in twenty eighteen when they were so small they had a little booth at World Crypto Con and wow, they've become this powerhouse, So how times have changed. It's it's incredible. And speaking of tokenization, SpaceX is coming to Solana. So pre spas powered by Republic launches April eighteenth on bitget ipo Prime. Now this is not directly affiliated with SpaceX. It's a token to track the performance of this stock, which is interesting and you know, I'm not heard of this concept, so it's not affiliated and it doesn't grant any actual equity, but it's an interesting way kind of like a mean coin, a controlled mean coin and a controlled environment, you know.
Speaker 2: So we'll see how this works.
Speaker 1: But this is a fascinating one and it could be a future you know, monetization model or investment model that's used. So very very interesting. And you know, Elon looking to take SpaceX public of course, and I may invest in the SpaceX stock, but of course I never invest when a company goes public.
Speaker 2: That's that's where you get dumped on right.
Speaker 1: You wait for that stock to crash back down after you know, pumping insanely, and then you buy the blood in the streets. Right, Guys, you remember I was telling you all about the circle stufu circle when public.
Speaker 2: I'm not buying that now. I like the company, I like what they're doing.
Speaker 1: I'm going to invest in them, but I'm waiting for what the stock is now, right when it's down. So this is how you got to play it both On the crypto side, you always want to buy when there's fear.
Speaker 2: It looks like it's over, something's crashing.
Speaker 1: Now, obviously you have to do your research, make sure the fundamental is good, the company is still in good shape.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: You don't want to invest in a bankrupt company with a stock is dumping, right, You don't want to, You don't want to be stupid. But if everything is good copa setic, their finances, their licenses, you know everything's good on that front, you wait for that stock to go down, guys, to take your position, all right. Moving ahead, Binance adds prediction markets to its app for millions of users. So prediction markets are taking over here, and it's pretty crazy.
Speaker 2: The world is becoming more.
Speaker 1: Financialized, and there's a lot of sports betting.
Speaker 2: There's prediction markets now.
Speaker 1: It's it's pretty wild, but one could argue it's because scene model coming online, right, It's making it easy for you to bet and gamble and do all these things.
Speaker 2: And look, some of it is good, some of it is bad.
Speaker 1: Right, We're gonna have to educate people and help people because some people can get addicted and lose money. And it's even easier now because you don't even have to leave your house. You can be anywhere you have internet connection and you can do it. So these are things you're gonna have to deal with. But it's interesting that Binance is doing this. So Binance added a prediction markets feature to binance Wallet, connecting it to predict dot fund on the BnB smart chain, letting users trade without leaving the app. The integration covers gas costs to lower barriers for retailer users. Binance doesn't operate the markets directly, instead providing access to a third party application. So very interesting. Okay, folks, that's the news. Let me know what you think. Leave your thoughts in comments below, hit the thumbs up button. Subscribe and please support the podcast. Buy subscribing to my free email newsletter. It is one hundred percent free. Link will be in the description. Check out my book on Amazon. It's available in paperback in digital, and check out my course at mycrypto course dot com. This is a comprehensive course that teaches you everything you need to know about crypto and blockchain technology. Best of all, it features expert commentary. No other crypto course offers that. And folks, we have a huge bear market sale going on. You get fifty percent off the price of the course if you use the code bear b e A R at checkout. Use the code bear at checkout and get that fifty percent off and check out the course. Go at your own pace, share the log in with your friends and family.
Speaker 2: If you want.
Speaker 1: And if you have questions, you can leave them even in the lessons. Each lesson has a feel to leave questions. You'll see some people have already asked questions there and I go in and answer them. So check it out, guys, go to mycryptocourse dot com. Folks, thank you so much for tuning in. I appreciate you all, and I'll talk to you all later.