Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Reality t The Cringe the Podcast. I'm Dehlia. I'm one of your hosts, here to take you on this beautiful Mormon journey. And I'm here with my real tight homegirl and my daughter in law the Exquisite Beach.
Speaker 2: That's me.
Speaker 1: We are here to talk silster wives, hoody. We are currently in season nine and we are in the adoption journey of it, all of it all never ending story, real God anyway, So we look forward to the recap. Before we get into it, we do want to issue you a disclaimer. Please had your wife, you better add those kids too, hide them and the classes kids them away. We are on a reverend podcast. We are just a couple of stupid ladies on the Internet trying to have some fun, yeah, in a world that is literally burning down around us. And so if you're a sasity this name for you, honey Boom, you might want to find yourself another dumpster. But if you're ready to file into the courtroom with those Browns to see if that adoption goes through, will he won't he? Oh my god? Then welcome to this dumpster.
Speaker 2: And if you like what we do over here, please be sure to follow us on Instagram at Reality tv Cringe and join us on Patreon, Patreon, dot com sash reality tv Cringe. We have so much bonus content up on there. We were just talking about it before recording, like.
Speaker 1: We've done so much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's lit over there.
Speaker 1: I think what we're gonna do? We were chatting. Yeah, I'm just gonna start dropping some excerpts of what we're covering over there so you guys can get a tasty morsel. Yeah, and an idea of how fire it is on Patreon and why you need to join us because we do so much more than most content creators over there. Yeah, and we have a blast, Yeah we do. Now, if you are watching on YouTube, please not forget to like and comment and share, alselubscribe and also, you know you better hype your girls up, get in a pit and try to love someone. Every single thing you do allegedly helps us in the alklorithm and so thank.
Speaker 2: You in.
Speaker 1: Thank yous, gotta take away hone girl. Come on, you got anything for that book? Let me pull it out of you.
Speaker 2: The only thing that was like juicy in this episode I knew it about Mary, Yes, like just every time the camera flashed to her, and she's all looking sad and weird and distant, hiding her phone, hiding her phone, checking it the second she gets a notification, even while she's on camera, like that was it. That was the only thing that was good.
Speaker 1: Everything else is mine. I was also noticing, my takeaway, I was noticing Leon and the tension that is clearly present between Leon and Mary, because remember Leon at this time is clowin Mary and understands what Mary is doing, and I think Leon is actually warning Mary like, Mom, this is a bad idea. What are you doing. Mary doesn't listen to Leon, and obviously she ends up getting into trouble. Speaking of Leon's side bar, Yeah, have you seen the two, I think two little instagram reels that they did. The first one was a reel in which Leon said something like, it's time for me to tell my story. Yeah, you know, there's a lot that's happened to me. It's my story and I'm going to tell it. And of course everybody was like, oh my god, please, we have been waiting for anybody to come out and tell us the truth. And then within a week there's another Instagram reel of Leon saying something like not a celebrity. Don't just come up to me and say hi, thanks. I was like, Jesus, Leon, you just can't help yourself.
Speaker 2: I saw that one, and then I saw like an article I think that they were featured in where they said something like, you know, everybody who's pressing me to release more tea is just like too pushy and it's so inconsiderate. And I'm like, okay, but then don't make them real spill some tea that.
Speaker 1: You're going to spill some tea. And also in the comment sections, which are really popping off, especially in the comment section of Reality t Squad, Oh because she posted about this and she's not happy with Leon. But somebody is saying in these comment sections that Leon is the founder of their own fan club. What do you mean Leon started a fan club for themselves? Shut up? And I think I think that Leon's actually charging for the flu I think so, so that's this is just like shadow chatter that I'm seeing online. I have no idea as to the veracity of these claims, but like, can you imagine the audacity of a person who would make these statements about themselves? Yeah, start their own fan club and then be upset that people want to come up and say, how.
Speaker 2: Are you doing? Lee? My god, I saw you on TV.
Speaker 1: I love you so much. That is how Dario cringe. Do not say hi to me?
Speaker 2: I was laughing at the Reddit comments underneath that post of Leon saying like, don't talk to me if I'm in public, like I'm just the person. And somebody somebody commented and was like, I've seen Leon in public multiple times and I never thought to say because I never want to say hi to this person, because I wouldn't want to neither.
Speaker 1: No, but in this season, season nine, and in subsequent seasons and all the way through to twenty twenty six, Leon is still a miserable, spoiled and tatold person. Totally, nothing much as changed, No, not at all.
Speaker 2: And then like when we get to the Catfish episodes and stuff, Leon is so mad at Mary and is such a bitch to her. I'm just like, okay, yeah, all right, which I kind of love, yea.
Speaker 1: But Leon was terrible for sure, Yeah, very very hateful.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, So that was the sidebar. Did you guys see or hear that? What are your thoughts? If you're on YouTube, please drop into the comments and let us know how you feel about that. But without further ado, let's get into this week's recap of Sister Wives Season nine, Episode.
Speaker 2: Nine, and Judge decides, My god, oh my god. The whole episode is literally just Robin being like, I'm sovere and Cody being like, I don't know what's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: You never know because we're polygamists, and we are always persecuted for being polygamists. And I don't know of any judge they would ever value my family. My family. I'm sick of it, and I'm.
Speaker 2: So sick of that. I'm sick. So we start off the episode with the family, the adults heading to the lawyer's office because they're going to.
Speaker 1: Discuss the lawyer.
Speaker 2: Going to discuss the adoption and that, like we go and see this lawyer multiple times to talk about it, and it's just stupid, like little cybar conversations. There were like some morsels. So in this first scene, they're talking about how the adoption is going to be held in the courtroom and the whole family can be there, and you know, the judge might take Date in back into his chambers to talk to him privately, So just be aware of that because he's fifteen. Even though it literally doesn't happen, it's not even an issue. And then we hear from Mary talking to the camera about her conflicting emotions that happened right after the legal divorce. She looks very sad and weird and distant. She feels very disconnected from not just Cody, but like the whole family. Like, you know, you have that contrasted with Christine, who's like oddly very emotional and very supportive. You have Janelle who's also a little emotional and excited about this whole process, and obviously Cody and Robin rr. But Mary, no, don't give no fux.
Speaker 1: She is already checked out.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: You can already tell that she is rewriting the divorce situation to give her some sort of ammunition to continue the pursuit of her relationship with Sam. Like, yeah, when she talks about her conflicted feelings about the divorce, like you can really see to me, you can really see on her face. Oh, you're already somewhere else, Honney, You're already in your mind with another man.
Speaker 2: And like, you know, I can understand that to an extent because we know now that like after the legal divorce, Cody essentially moved out and stopped talking to her.
Speaker 1: And previous to the divorce, had promised her if she did this, if she did the divorce, he was going to spend more time with her, they were going to reconnect, they were going to get their marriage back on track. And then just ghosted her.
Speaker 2: Ghoster, completely stopped touching her, stopped being affectionate, so like Mary was totally abandoned. I don't necessarily condone cheating, obviously, I don't condone an emotional affair when you're in a marriage or whatever. But in this circumstance with Mary and Cody, it's like, Okay, you can see why she ended up that way and why she's kind of talking about her conflicting emotions. I thought that this scene was really interesting at the beginning because the lawyer is talking to all of the adults, but mainly pointed at Cody and Mary about divorce in general and how he sees so many couples come into his office getting divorced and then they'll come back a couple years later getting remarried because they reconnected with each other, and the camera pans to Cody and Mary and they're both just like not.
Speaker 1: Interested, never gonna happen.
Speaker 2: It's never gonna happen, and like, of course we're framing this whole thing back then of like no, like we're legally divorced, but we're still married, we still love each other, but you know, they're essentially done with their marriage. Yes, entirely, Yes, like it's just what it is. And then we shift gears a little bit. We have Maddie announcing to the parents that she's dating Caleb Brush Yes, and apparently she started telling Janelle first, then she told Christine and Cody. She specifically pointed out that she wanted to tell them first before Mary and Robin because Christine has done so much for her, and obviously Janelle is her mom, and she wanted to give them this gift because they were her parents.
Speaker 1: They're actual parents. Fuck Mary and Robin right exactly.
Speaker 2: But she tells them, and she's kind of cryptic at first, like well you know, and they're like who, and she's like, it's Caleb. And they're all super happy and supportive and excited. And then Mary and Robin come by and they're also happy and supportive and excited.
Speaker 1: And Mattie does tell us that this romance with Caleb started when Curtis Brown, Cody's brother passed. Yeah, Cody's brother, Curtis was married to Caleb's sister, which is how the families knew each other. The family, the Brown family loves Caleb, thinks Caleb's great. But I did look up. I did have to go on the Google and start inappropriately looking up when did Curtis Brown pass Because Mattie tells the story of actually being in the hospital. I think ar aber when Curtis was passing, and that's when she remembers talking to Caleb, and then they continued to talk for a period of time and then at some point he said, Hey, there's something here right are you feeling it? And then he locks her down. So in twenty thirteen, when Curtis Brown passes, Maddie is seventeen years old, so she's seventeen years old when she has this interaction. I think in the er with Caleb, sounds like they talk for a couple of years. So seventeen eighteen nineteen, which puts us in the timeline for season nine. She's in college and it just feels like to me, and I don't mean to be inappropriate. But it feels like to me like he waited for her to turn eighteen, well yeah, and then made his move on her totally. Was he grooming her.
Speaker 2: A little bit? I don't think, because I think he's.
Speaker 1: What they say, he's ten years old or so. If she's eighteen here or nineteen, so he's twenty eight or twenty nine, he's almost he's your age. That's how oldly he's old.
Speaker 2: Head, And like, I can't imagine.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine dating is seventeen year old?
Speaker 2: No, that's like a child to me. That's like a child to me. But I just I don't know. I look at them and I'm like, well, they're in like a happy marriage.
Speaker 1: I know what, like you have we have to talk about this. So she was still living with Janelle when she was seventeen or so when Gardis dies. So was she having these conversations with Caleb? Did Janelle know this entire time? Janelle doesn't seem to me in this scene to be surprised at all by this information. Of course she heard it before anybody else. I don't know. I'm just I'm just trying to do my due diligence and address the potentially inappropriate origins of the Caleb and Maddie love story. But I agree, he seems like a great guy. Yeah, they're together all these.
Speaker 2: Years later, right, and they seemed normal.
Speaker 1: We got kats. God bless, God bless. But it is a little iffy.
Speaker 2: It's a little as a little s us But it's like when I was in high school, I knew girls who were dating thirty year olds, like and obviously that's gross and that's territory and weird, but like, I just feel like it's more common than we think.
Speaker 1: Probably especially in the Mormon community.
Speaker 2: Yes, and things like that, and that's gross and weird, but we're happy for Maddy and Caleb, I guess. And then we go over to Robin's house. This is where we have a little conversation with Dayton because he's fifteen and they have to let him know since you're this old, you have to sign your own paperwork because you have autonomy and you're allowed to make this decision. And the judge basically just wants to make sure that you are aware of what you are agreeing to and everything. And it feels kind of like Robin is like coaching Dayton, yes on how to feel about it and what to say and you know, how to appear to the judge. And Dayton is very matter of fact, and I feel like he's kind of repeating some things that maybe Robin had told him, just you know. He's like, well, it's fine, it's just legal paperwork, like it's okay.
Speaker 1: Doesn't he say at some point that he's confused?
Speaker 2: He does. At one point he says, I think it was to the camera. He says there's a lot of mental stuff with the paperwork that he's like trying to deal with, and I don't know. Cody asks him, like, but are you okay with it though, like you want to get adopted? And Dayton hesitates and is like, yeah, yeah. There's a lot of those like little moments. He does say he's like confused. He does say that it feels weird, but ultimately he's happy about it because Cody's his dad and he wants to be adopted. And that's where I feel like Robin was coaching him on his actual feelings because he's only fifteen, so you don't you don't really know how to articulate your emotions at that age at all, and especially with something as complicated as this. I don't know. I kind of felt bad for him a little.
Speaker 1: I do too, and we've said it all along, and I will say again, I just I don't think that he's as reconciled with this adoption or to this adoption as Robin would like us to believe that he is. I think he has things that he's thinking about. Yes, when he's talking about like the mental load of the process of the adoption, like, I'm sure that's a lot for a teenager to handle, but there's the added component of but that's my dad, and I love my dad and I miss my dad and I want my dad that he probably doesn't feel safe to actually say on camera, much less to Robin and Cody. Yeah, directly, so I really feel for him. Whereas Aurora is buying it hook line and sinker and Brionna is too young to know what's going on. You still have Dayton though, firstborn son to Preston, who's got some reservations, and we're really not doing the work we should be doing to try and take care of Dayton in this moment. We're just pushing him into it and pushing him through it.
Speaker 2: And they said that it's only been five years that Robin has been in the family and like been with Cody, and I'm just like thinking, Okay, when you look at Dayton, Aurora and Brionna's ages, that means that day and had the majority of the time with their dad, he had over ten years or whatever, and then he got with or Robin got with Cody. But like Aurora and Brianna were young enough that their reactions kind of make sense, whereas with Dayton, he's definitely trying to figure out how he actually feels. And I'm wondering it just gives credence to like the conspiracy theory that we have now where Dayton is moved out of the house and potentially with Preston, who knows.
Speaker 1: Well, he's not appearing on the show anymore, whereas Brianna and Aurora are still showing up. So one does have to wonder if you know, he's made contact with his father. I wonder where he is. I don't see him on social media, yeah, which I think is very smart, So I just wonder what's going on. I just wish him.
Speaker 2: Well me too, And I want to be sensitive about the whole adoption thing because I know there's a lot of people that have been adopted by step parents and stuff, and I honestly think that that's great. It's just this circumstance with Cody and Robin, it just feels very achy. And I just I really feel bad for Dayton too, because he's got aspergers and stuff, and so I'm just like, if Robin is really manipulating him, like that's so diabolical and evil. And so then we head to the lawyer's office with Dayton to go and sign the paperwork, and the lawyer's kind of not really coaching him, but just explaining to him what the procedures about and like what this really means. And when he signs his paperwork, you know, Cody is going to be your legal father. He's going to be liable for you. Like are you going to be okay with that? And of course Dayton's just like, well, yeah, it's fine, this is just legal. He's he's looking at this in a very like analytical objective way. He's kind of disconnecting from the emotionality of it. And it's probably for the best, because this is a very emotionally complex thing, especially when you're a teenager.
Speaker 1: Well, and he hasn't been given permission to feel how he feels. Yes, I don't think not at all.
Speaker 2: And then he does say to the camera when he's signing this document, it does feel like he's stepping into adulthood and to maturity, like I'm making this decision for myself, and I do think that that's fair and valid. I wonder how he feels about it now as an actual adult, and how he would reflect back on that, because if it were me, I would feel a little weird about it. And then of course Robin takes photographs of him signing the paperwork because she's got to memorialize everything. And then we have Cody ending the segment by saying something like Dayton doesn't understand in this moment how important this actually is. I'm like, okay, it's an interesting statement to make. So if he doesn't understand how important it is, how can.
Speaker 1: He understand what he's actually doing legally exactly?
Speaker 2: Just feels weird to me. And then the rest of the episode is like the family getting ready to go to court and talk about how they're nervous about it, and then getting dressed and actually heading to the courthouse. And then we get to the courthouse and there wasn't a lot here other than the same old poligabusts never win, and the judge could say no, right, and we could be denied. And this is a big.
Speaker 1: Dough and I got to make sure that my kids are dressed appropriately like they're a Sunday best for the most important day of their lives. There was that kind of sweet interaction with Christine and truly that was getting truly ready for the court date. And Christine is explaining to truly what's going to happen, and the judge is going to hear what we have to say, and then the judge is going to make a decision. And she's talking about all this and she starts to cry and she's emotional, and I'm like, wow, Like through this all, actually Christine really was rooting for this family. Yeah, she gets blamed so much for not being a good sister wife, not supporting Robin, not falling into line, but like you can see her leaning into this adoption process and being genuinely it feels genuinely happy and glad that these kids are coming into the family. And so when we fast forward to You're of our twenty twenty five and then last season and the season before, we've got Robin talking about how her kids were never accepted. Yeah, never integrated into the family. It was always a problem. I'm like, I'm not seeing that at all in these early seasons. And Christine is one of the most supportive of them all.
Speaker 2: Definitely, and she her emotions do genuinely feel like authentic here. And so that's why I don't understand why Robin says nobody accepted her and her kids, And like, then you have little interstitials with like Janelle's kids, Hunter and Madam Maddie. I think it was and Hunter being like, yeah, like this is a big deal for dayton A, Rora and Brianna, but they've been our siblings this entire time, So for us, it's like just kind of solidifying that it's not that big of a deal. We're just glad to have them as part of our family. And like you have, everybody had expressing the same sentiments about it, and they are genuinely supportive of dating Aurora and Breonna, and they're being kind to them. So I just don't understand.
Speaker 1: Well, did you see when they were in the courtroom and Cody and Robin were sitting at the table with their lawyer and behind them seated with Janelle, like before anything even started, anybody was sworn in. She was crying, Yeah, like she was emotional, Like Janelle loved those kids. Janelle wanted those kids, so like I just anything she says these days, like we've been talking about, something happened along the way. She might not have started as a manipulative person. Oh, that was our Patreon commentary because we watched that McKelty interview. She might not Robin might not have started as a manipulative person with an agenda, but at some point along the way, something shifted in Robin and changed, and she's anything she says these days, it's a it's a damn lot.
Speaker 2: It's such a damn line right of history, and it's crazy because you have literal evidence, like you have video evidence of this.
Speaker 1: And you're also hurting your kids, yeah, and needing to tell them that the other kids don't love them on the Christmas group chat, right, or that it's not safe to be with these kids who literally showed up on the day they were adopted and were genuinely happy for you.
Speaker 2: And their Sunday best and everybody's on their best behavior too, Like nobody is out of line there's no fights or anything between any of the other siblings, Like, everybody is there for Robin's kids. So I just don't get it, honestly, And you know, taking all of that aside, like watching this episode, I'm like, oh, this is actually very sweet in terms of the whole family dynamic of being so supportive for these kids. You know, you don't get that a lot and a lot of blended families, you know, when parents get divorced and the parents remarry and have other kids involved, Like it's it's hard to blend a family, especially with other kids involved. But this family in particular seemed to be very accepting and loving. So I don't know, but we did have these like random little scenes. We had Cody having dinner at Robin's the day before the court appearance, and I just want to point out that he accidentally called Aurora missus brown. Oh, and that was weird, dude.
Speaker 1: Why that were? Well, she's getting her name changed. I'm sure your castage spurs.
Speaker 2: I just think we have to stop horror weirds me out many. Her vibe is weird.
Speaker 1: Generally, like emotionally, I don't want to say unregulated or unstable, but just very emotionally pronounced yeah, hard on her sleeve. And there's nothing wrong with her. No, no, because her mom's an EmPATH. Sure, and I'm sure genetically she got the EmPATH gene, but I mean it has been modeled for her. Robin's a crier. She's very emotional. I think she's sweet, I really do. I just think she's looking for love, honey.
Speaker 2: She weirds me out, man, and not like her personally. It's just the way that she reacts to this adoption is weird to me. How much she cries about it. I'm just like, oh my God, like chill up, just like.
Speaker 1: Seeing a child cry makes you up. So God, No, it's just a rar, I promise.
Speaker 2: But then we have a little scene. I think it's the day of the court appearance, because everybody is getting in their Sunday best and we have the camera crew checking in with everybody. We go over to Mary's sad ass, whack ass lonely haunted mansion and she's in her office and everything is dark. She's kind of dark in her energy, and she's just like, Yeah, it's a good day.
Speaker 1: It's a great day. We're working for we're working for these kids and stuff.
Speaker 2: We work so hard and I'm.
Speaker 1: Not doing anything else in this office with my blinds closed and my door locked at all.
Speaker 2: And then ding ding, Yeah, her phone goes off and she immediately is like checking the notification. Then she puts it away.
Speaker 1: Interesting that production left it in there.
Speaker 2: I kind of love that.
Speaker 1: Well, but let's go back to twenty fifteen and you're a producer or a camera person and you're filming this. Do they have just an intuition that something is going on with Mary? Or is Robin, Kendra and Cody. Are these three behind the scenes already knowing about the catfish and already tipping off production that something is going on with Mary? So they're leaving these little easter eggs in the filming for the catfish reveal down the road, because like, why would you leave that in there? Yeah, unless they're trying to call it out a little bit. And how would they know though, unless they heard it from somebody. Who would they have heard it from? Vole?
Speaker 2: I mean it would be Cody and Robin could be Leo, It could be it could be Leon too, mm hmm, or like you know, at the end of the season when they find out about Mary's catfish and stuff. Then the editors are going back and editing everything and then keeping all of these Easter eggs because they're finding it out on the back end.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I love that they kept that in. Honestly me too, because I thought that that was really telling. And I'm just like, oh, that was a that was obviously Sam, Like it wasn't anybody else, you know, Like the way that she immediately checks her phone, I'm like, Wow, that's Sus and her vibe the entire episode is Sus. Because everybody else is emotional, everybody else has little tearballs, everybody else is like really excited and happy for this. Mary is the odd man out, the only one that's like not emoting, not even really smiling. She's just there.
Speaker 1: That was me right before I divorced my first two husbands. Oh my god, like this season of time, before it all went down, I was completely disconnected. It wasn't safe to emotionally be like in that relationship. I was trying to close myself off so that it wouldn't hurt so much because I already gone. I was already out the door in my mind. And so when I'm watching this, I can see that in her she's already gone. She's making plans, she's dreaming of her new life, and she's ready to go. She's almost there.
Speaker 2: Now, do you think that she was wanting to leave Cody for Sam at this point or do you think that she was just lonely in her house and kind of horny or whatever.
Speaker 1: Well, how much time has passed from the legal divorce, which again Cody had told her, if you do this, you and I can get our relationship back on track. So how much time has passed? Because I think in this episode they said it was like a year. We see when she signs the divorce papers, she's a chunky, funky lady, okay, And when she is there at the desk when the call comes in, she's much thinner. So she's on her h Pylori journey totally. It's about a year. And so my theory is that Cody never showed up to get their relationship back on track. He ghosted her instead, and so she's stuck in her house and then she gets caught up with the catfish. Yeah, and she's on her way to not giving a fuck.
Speaker 2: And my thing is is like, if she was already not giving a fuck, then why did she feel so bad when she got caught and then she like completely reversed all of it, and She's like, no, but I do care about the family and I love everybody, and I'm trying to.
Speaker 1: Because then she found out that Sam was Jackie, So what else? If Sam were Sam, she would have left the family, no problem.
Speaker 2: But I'm just like Mary, you could have gone on the dating apps again and found another one.
Speaker 1: I think she was so embarrassed. Yeah, I think this idea of the image, the image that the family has been projecting. And remember Christine talks about how important it was in her book that the family was such a united front, like they were all together and the image and the message was paramount. I think Mary was just so frightened. But how that would impact her business, how it would impact her reputation and just her general image.
Speaker 2: I wonder what would happen if if nobody ever found out, like if this was never leaked, if Sam was actually a man. I wonder how long it would have lasted before Mary decided to leave Cody.
Speaker 1: When by the time they get to Alaska, she's already gone, you think, so, yeah, they go to dinner. I'm just remembering off of like fumes, but I if I recall correctly, They go to dinner and she tells the adults like, yeah, I'm not sure if I'm going to be around though in this family she's already trying to telegraph to them that it's she's sober. I got a man. My name is Sam Wood and he's handsome. Oh yes, yes. And you can really see it in the vibrations.
Speaker 2: And the can though, and like in her face and how quiet she is. She is so disconnected, and like, I do feel for her. At the same time, I'd do judge her a little bit for being doing this on the back end and sucking auto banana and stuff privately, and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're doing it out of integrity. Yeah, you could have had full integrity and said, no, fuck you. You lied to me. I got the divorce because you asked me to, because that's what I believe happened. And you said you were gonna do something, you never did it, and so I'm out of here. Bye, You're a neglectful husband. Right, I'm gonna go find a new man. She would have done that, and we would.
Speaker 2: Have rooted for her totally.
Speaker 1: We would have all rooted for her.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent. I wonder what everybody else's vibe was back then if you watched this, like did you feel for Mary? Did you feel bad for her? Were you judging the crap out of her? Because we can look back now, I understand the full picture or whatever, but it'd be interesting to get some people's perspective when they watched it back then. And so then we arrive in the courtroom long awaited, make it stipe, and it's so dramatized for literally no reason, Like everybody's worried that the judge is gonna say no, and they're asking Cody and Robin questions and Robin's like, it's like we're getting interrogated. It's very clinical.
Speaker 1: It's like, well, yeah, it's a courtroom.
Speaker 2: It's a courtroom, it's.
Speaker 1: A bedroom law now.
Speaker 2: And then you know, we had this whole segment about like what if the judge takes Dayton in his private chambers and questions him, and that literally never happens. It's completely fine. They had all their paperwork in order. The judge says, yeah, you are right, you get to be parents, granted, and then everybody bursts into tears and everybody's super happy. And then we take a big family group photo in the courtroom, and then we have a photo I think of Cody and Robin and the kids and everybody's happy.
Speaker 1: Only did you see that supreme side chick Alice there?
Speaker 2: Oh the background, the nanny.
Speaker 1: No, that's Robin's mama. Oh, Alice there with Hermie.
Speaker 2: I didn't see Alice in there.
Speaker 1: I saw that she was in the back row. She taught Robin everything she knows. She's probably like, get the bag.
Speaker 2: And then I think we end the episode with Mary again very somber, being like, yes, the best day.
Speaker 1: Ever, foreshadowing episodes to come.
Speaker 2: It's like really sad. She's like I think she says something to the on the couch like it wasn't about me or the divorce. It was about the kids. That was what it was all about. Like, Okay, all.
Speaker 1: Right, something's wrong here. Something is very you guys are not talking about it.
Speaker 2: What is it? Well? And I understand like the producers kind of keeping the storyline throughout the season of like the legal divorce and how it's a big deal because it was a big deal, yes, and a huge thing for Mary, and Mary was very obviously just upset about it. But I don't know. It's just funny to hear her verbalize it, like, yeah, it wasn't about me, but it was though, because we know that your marriage is crumbling right now.
Speaker 1: Yes, And I also think she's trying to show us these like victim vibes as well, like like something's wrong that they just can't talk about. Oh yeah, so that when she does actually leave, she'll have something to fall back on, like I was really unhappy and I had to do this. I don't know, maybe I'm giving her more credit.
Speaker 2: You know, you might be right though, because I mean, if you are having this kind of an emotional affair, like you've got to be thinking about these kinds of things and thinking about like what life would look like if I left the family right.
Speaker 1: Now, especially if you're like a celebrityy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, Like there's all these other layers and stuff. She really should have just fucking bit the bullet and left. Yes, how iconic would it have been so great if she just was like, yeah, I got this legal divorce, I'm leaving Cody now. I know Robin's pregnant, I know we're adopting these kids.
Speaker 1: I'll give a butt I'm out by Yeah.
Speaker 2: That would have been so lit. But it's all right. Everything happened the way I was supposed to. So let me get to the preview for the rest of the season. We have like a family meeting with the adults. They're discussing doing a celebration for the adoption and like a barbecue.
Speaker 1: Or swinding that is a celebration with these people, so stupid.
Speaker 2: But Robin is mouthing off to Cody and arguing with him about something or whatever, and he says something like, don't get your panties in a bunch, and she gets all upset at him, and the other wives are like, wow, it's so cool, Like get to see Robin mouthing off to Cody because she never does. Do you think that was performative?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought you would say that. And then we have Christine getting her beautiful concrete slab in her backyard. Because does she get fake grass and a nice, beautiful done backyard, No, she gets concrete.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but we are going.
Speaker 2: To have the family do their handprints and footprints or.
Speaker 1: One in three years, we're going to sell these houses.
Speaker 2: I was thinking about that.
Speaker 1: I have no connection whatsoever to these handprints.
Speaker 2: I was thinking about that, like, what they do with that.
Speaker 1: After the time capsule? Right do they dig it up? And we haven't gotten there yet, right, they might have digged, they might have dug it up. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know either. And then we have Robin giving Cody that infamous drawing picture of him as a young man with her babies that is from from Christine's actual photo with Cody. So I can't wait for that.
Speaker 1: That is going to be so weird, Uncanny Valley. That is just such a strange and audacious thing to do to take a portrait from Christine's family and superimpose your own kids as children with a young Cody. But that's just wild and weird to me.
Speaker 2: That is super super wag.
Speaker 1: I just want to see how everybody responds, because they know they're going to pretend that it's still awesome. Why that is so great? But there's got to be somebody in the crowd that's like, this is an overstep. I mean, and Lucker, you do it, lady, Like.
Speaker 2: I remember watching that episode. I remember everybody's reactions because I just remember my own being like, ew, that's so bizarre, Like you didn't have to do that. You could have done a million other gifts that could have commemorated this adoption, like.
Speaker 1: An actual photo shoot, Yeah, real life Cody and your actual.
Speaker 2: Children right in the current year, Like it didn't need to be modeled after one of Christine's actual photos. Like that is so icky to me, and it brings up what we talked about, I think last week, about the birth certificates and how they added Cody's name to all of the birth certificates. Right, Apparently that is a thing in adoption cases. So we had a bunch of people commenting being like, yeah, that's standard and normal, and I'm like, okay, then why couldn't you, like I don't know, copied the birth certificates and framed them or something like made a cute collage or whatever with some photos, Like it didn't have to be this. It was very pointed and weird.
Speaker 1: Well, and it's like you're taking over Christine's family. Yeah, there's a kind of a subliminal message there exactly, But I cannot help pick up die a boar well beatres This was fun totally. Did we have anything else that we need to say to these beautiful records before we get up on out of here?
Speaker 2: Well, if you love our podcast, please do us a favor. Go to your favorite podcast platform and leave us a glowing five star review. Really helps us grow the pod so more people can join us in the dumpster. And we really just love to hear nice things about us. Is that?
Speaker 1: I love that so much? I have to ask you because I know last week we were asking the folks if there were any shows that were coming up or that they wanted us to cover, And I'm rarely in the comments, so has anybody given us any information or any show?
Speaker 2: There was a few comments for that Little Singles?
Speaker 1: Okay show?
Speaker 2: Is that what it's called? Love People Single? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Little People Single? Yeah? And I've seen stuff on my timeline for that. It looks really good, does it. It kind of looks like it's going to be produced though, Yeah, but what if it's like ninety Days Fiance Last Resort where they're all fucking and talking about So I heard ninety Day Fiance Last Resort is really.
Speaker 2: Good with Sumie and Jenny.
Speaker 1: Yes, Jenny, there's a lot going on Zaied and Rebecca Oh my god god filter talk about catfishing. Yeah, there's something going on there. BWL. Until we select a show, we're gonna continue to come back every week. There's always some Sister Wives stuff to talk about.
Speaker 2: Totally.
Speaker 1: We will be back next week to get back into Sister Wives. Until then, please do not forget that we have nothing but love for you and peace. O Bye bye b